carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @mrs-b I hate to hear you’re dealing with so much. Poor Ballin, I hope your lovely boy responds to treatment soon and his leg heals up completely. I know how helpless and miserable you feel when your furry is unwell. On top of that to have the worry of Tim, of course we’re sending lots of healing vibes to you all, and wishing for the best possible outcome. Thank goodness your biopsy came back as non malignant, although something else to deal with is still a monumental pain. All the house renovations sound amazing, I hope it all goes smoothly and the results are all you’re hoping for.

I don’t like to think of the temperature dropping and the wind whipping up @missy, but know that you battle on regardless, especially when there’s ice cream at the end of the long ride. It’s hot today here, and quite humid, not ideal riding conditions, and certainly not a good hair day :lol:

So, we arranged a test drive today, and have bitten the bullet and bought another car. It’s arriving in a couple of weeks, so hadn’t even hit the dealer’s website. Didn’t really have a choice of colour, but hey ho, we like it anyway. We’d have chosen a darker interior, but again, this is what it comes in.

Love the fierce looking new grille, it’s white pearl, which is a micatallic paint finish.

IMG_1349.jpeg IMG_1347.jpeg

We’ll deal with all the other c*ap when we have to.

We went and had lunch afterward and had lots to bring home for the freezer.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are safe and well :wavey::lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @mrs-b I hate to hear you’re dealing with so much. Poor Ballin, I hope your lovely boy responds to treatment soon and his leg heals up completely. I know how helpless and miserable you feel when your furry is unwell. On top of that to have the worry of Tim, of course we’re sending lots of healing vibes to you all, and wishing for the best possible outcome. Thank goodness your biopsy came back as non malignant, although something else to deal with is still a monumental pain. All the house renovations sound amazing, I hope it all goes smoothly and the results are all you’re hoping for.

I don’t like to think of the temperature dropping and the wind whipping up @missy, but know that you battle on regardless, especially when there’s ice cream at the end of the long ride. It’s hot today here, and quite humid, not ideal riding conditions, and certainly not a good hair day :lol:

So, we arranged a test drive today, and have bitten the bullet and bought another car. It’s arriving in a couple of weeks, so hadn’t even hit the dealer’s website. Didn’t really have a choice of colour, but hey ho, we like it anyway. We’d have chosen a darker interior, but again, this is what it comes in.

Love the fierce looking new grille, it’s white pearl, which is a micatallic paint finish.

IMG_1349.jpeg IMG_1347.jpeg

We’ll deal with all the other c*ap when we have to.

We went and had lunch afterward and had lots to bring home for the freezer.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are safe and well :wavey::lickout:

Mazel tov @Austina. You’ll LOVE this car ♥️
Wishing you many years of happiness with your new car.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone..I will try to catch up hopefully tomorrow.. We purchased the house..The sellers get to live in it until July 31..We’ve been driving almost daily between Pa, MD, and Virginia. We came home last night. Today I had a 3 hour gum graft surgery..It excruciating..In the midst of it all I found a lump in my armpit which is scary. I hope it’s nothing. I can’t go anywhere until the pain is manageable..My six month skin skin is Thursday so I will ask my derm to check it out.
I’m sitting here typing with one finger with the other hand holding an ice pack under my chin. I need cheese with my whine..

I hope everyone is well..XO

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!

@missy keep dry and cycle on!

@mrs-b I am sending strong healing vibes your way. You have a lot on your plate--your DH and dear pooch are in my prayers. Your reno's sound exciting! I am back to my schedule of max 2 days a week. Not going to change.

@marcy I hope your wrist is getting better.

@Austina congrats on your new SUV! Too bad the other vehicle is still in your current thoughts and worries.

@Slickk summer holidays here you come!!!

@MamaBee heal soon!! Take some pain meds!!!

Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 3 today at a matinee. LOL. My family loves this stuff and I tag along. I did enjoy it. No popcorn (bc I eat it everyday anyway, but I did have a $15 hot dog combo!!!)

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone..I will try to catch up hopefully tomorrow.. We purchased the house..The sellers get to live in it until July 31..We’ve been driving almost daily between Pa, MD, and Virginia. We came home last night. Today I had a 3 hour gum graft surgery..It excruciating..In the midst of it all I found a lump in my armpit which is scary. I hope it’s nothing. I can’t go anywhere until the pain is manageable..My six month skin skin is Thursday so I will ask my derm to check it out.
I’m sitting here typing with one finger with the other hand holding an ice pack under my chin. I need cheese with my whine..

I hope everyone is well..XO

Oh your poor mouth!! I'm sending you hugs (very gentle!) and lots of warm wishes. And I'm praying the lump is a big fat nothing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's thoroughly thrilling Thursday lovely ladies!

@canuk-gal glad you enjoyed the matinee with your family! AND HAHA me too. Popcorn is my weakness and I have it daily but only my homemade popcorn and not movie popcorn. Wow to 15$ hot dog combo. Prices sure have increased !

@MamaBee Mazel Tov on your new home purchase! Very happy for you. So sorry about the painful gum graft. I am dealing with pain too but due to chilblains flaring. In May. Sigh. I have it back on three fingers. So painful and it makes typing challenging. Wishing you speedy healing and may that lump be nothing to worry about

@Slickk hope your week is going well

@bling_dream19 how are you doing? Thinking of you

@Austina enjoy your beautiful new car and hope the Kia mess gets straightened out soon

@springerspaniel hope you are having a good week

@mrs-b continued healing vibes to all and this is for you dear girl

Screen Shot 2023-05-18 at 5.52.54 AM.png

Hi everyone else. It was very windy and chilly yesterday but still a great ride and today is actually cooler but hoping less windy. Sounds very windy still though so we shall see. It was a whirlwind of a day and at the end we had a call with one of Greg's physicians and well just a lot of moving parts right now. Looking forward to another good ride today and wishing my friends here a happy and productive Thursday. XOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
29F60F67-11B8-41F0-BDA8-721EB33DE6E2.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina -

Does Kia have shares in Lexus? Because, by the sound of it, they should do!
Congratulations on your lovely new car. May it take you everywhere you want to go for many years!

And for anyone who likes movies - Tim and I went to see 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.' It was a charming film and I heartily recommend it for anyone who likes a heartwarming, gentle movie.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no, poor you @MamaBee, that sounds horrendous, I hope the pain eases soon. Any pain in your head always feels much worse. Hopefully the lump is nothing to worry about and your appt on Tuesday will put your mind at ease.

Glad you’re sticking to 2 days a week @canuk-gal, that’s more than enough stress each week. $15 for a hotdog o_O, I have to admit, I’ve never seen any of the Guardian of the Galaxy films, not sure they’re my sorta thing!

Oh my goodness, chilblains in May, that’s horrible @missy, poor you. I hope Greg’s Dr’s call went well and you got out to ride today. It’s 91 here and we’re just about to go in the pool.

Honestly @mrs-b, the dealer has sold 9 cars in the last week alone, and everyone we’ve spoken to has nothing but praise for them, so hopefully this time we will actually get to enjoy years of trouble free motoring. They have a very nice waiting area and a barista at the dealership (not that I drink coffee), but what a step up from the current one. We were talking to a very nice old gent yesterday, who had taken his new car in for a complimentary wash and wax :lol:

We did the food shopping then went for hair cuts. I haven’t had mine cut since November and it was driving me nuts, so I’ve had 5’ cut off. In this heat I don’t need all that hair clinging to me.

IMG_1119.jpeg IMG_1120.jpeg

Off for a splash :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Austina everyone I know who has a Lexus raves about them. They are very popular--I see tons of them. We've always bought either Japanese or German cars. And your hair looks great!!! Those movies are not my cuppa either, but I tag along. Movie food has always been ridiculously $$. Don't eat there often for that reason.

@missy not much cycling this week. My DH did golf twice tho and he is usually too tired to go biking as well. Anyway.

Had a nice lunch out with a friend today and am lunching out all weekend it seems!! Looking forward to my friend visiting from out of town! There is a bit of rain in our forecast.

Have a great weekend folks!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Happy FriYAY.

@canuk-gal glad you had a nice lunch with your friend. And nice to be lunching out all weekend. Enjoy the visit from your friend. Sweet. We have rain in our forecast (this weekend) too

@Austina your hair looks beautiful. And I hope you love the Lexus as much as we do. It's been the only car we have been buying since 2002

@mrs-b thank you for the movie rec...that was one of my favorite books as a child. And I can't help but notice your avatar... OOOOhhhh LA LA that ring. SWOON!!!!

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY

@Slickk have a wonderful weekend

Hi everyone else. We went cycling yesterday and it was lovely and we of course enjoyed ice cream too. We did receive a call from our endocrinologist and we are seeing Greg's surgeon this Monday. Some troubling news but praying we can get ahead of it. We are cycling today and looking forward to it because rain is coming for the weekend so not much cycling in our weekend plans unfortunately.

Screen Shot 2023-05-19 at 6.27.36 AM.png

Have a sweet FriYAY and be well. XOXO

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina -

Does Kia have shares in Lexus? Because, by the sound of it, they should do!
Congratulations on your lovely new car. May it take you everywhere you want to go for many years!

And for anyone who likes movies - Tim and I went to see 'Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.' It was a charming film and I heartily recommend it for anyone who likes a heartwarming, gentle movie.

It was a great book! Hi @mrs-b :wavey:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hello lovelies

Oh no, poor you @MamaBee, that sounds horrendous, I hope the pain eases soon. Any pain in your head always feels much worse. Hopefully the lump is nothing to worry about and your appt on Tuesday will put your mind at ease.

Glad you’re sticking to 2 days a week @canuk-gal, that’s more than enough stress each week. $15 for a hotdog o_O, I have to admit, I’ve never seen any of the Guardian of the Galaxy films, not sure they’re my sorta thing!

Oh my goodness, chilblains in May, that’s horrible @missy, poor you. I hope Greg’s Dr’s call went well and you got out to ride today. It’s 91 here and we’re just about to go in the pool.

Honestly @mrs-b, the dealer has sold 9 cars in the last week alone, and everyone we’ve spoken to has nothing but praise for them, so hopefully this time we will actually get to enjoy years of trouble free motoring. They have a very nice waiting area and a barista at the dealership (not that I drink coffee), but what a step up from the current one. We were talking to a very nice old gent yesterday, who had taken his new car in for a complimentary wash and wax :lol:

We did the food shopping then went for hair cuts. I haven’t had mine cut since November and it was driving me nuts, so I’ve had 5’ cut off. In this heat I don’t need all that hair clinging to me.

IMG_1119.jpeg IMG_1120.jpeg

Off for a splash :wavey:

It's beautiful and I'm sure very flattering!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy our blue skies didn’t last and smoke is bad here. I think it’s bad a lot of places and I hate to think the wildfires have started already. Yep, me and your grandfather. Some of us just don’t take well to relaxing. I get very easily bored. But I think I went too far the other way. Glad you go out in all kinds of weather especially since you get to see furbabies and have ice cream. Your picture is beautiful of the ocean and lovely clouds. Marty finally got a picture with his astrophoto setup so you can send it to your astronomy friend. He also just bought another camera for it.

@Austina your new car looks great. One of my Audi’s had that color of interior and it stayed clean for us. I like the white car with black accents. Of course total disclaimer - that’s what I have right now. I am glad your friends found another buyer for their house and it sounds like it’ll be in good hands. Oh no to having so much rain. We are getting quite a bit too. Wow, what triggered a recall on a floor mat? We have some from Bed, Bath and Beyond (I’ll miss that store) that are in our kitchen. I am sure you want to tell Kia “I’ve heard that before” on they’ll install the new transmission. Nice that your freezer got stocked up for a while. We’ve been buying beef from a place north of here that is locally grown and wow is it good. We only have freezer sections in two refrigerators, so we can’t buy a quarter or half beef. As you know, Marty eats for four so I’m ordering a box from there about every other week. You haircut looks great. I keep thinking of changing my hairstyle, but it’s wash and wear so I’ll leave it alone. I echo what @canuk-gal said; everyone I know who has a Lexus loves them.

@mrs-b I’ve been keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you are feeling better. I hate to hear about the disease and lumps. Our bodies are all so strange but remarkable at the same time. Big hugs to Ballin. I hope you enjoy the upgrades on the house. I sure would like to get a cover for our deck. I guess I could go set on the patio downstairs but I like the furniture on the deck better. Best of luck to Tim getting those lesions removed and hate to hear they are turning cancerous. Somehow I knew when I read “speaking of people who plan not to work” that you were going to be addressing me. I worked over 10 hours once this week and over 9 hours another. I quit at 6 1/2 today. Ha! More on work below. I am happy to report I have slept without that brace four nights in a row and my wrist / hand is only stiff when I get up. I keep thinking of trying to knit again, but I might let is be for a while. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts. Nice you went out to breakfast and had a lovely walk. I’m waiting for less wind and warmer temps for that but hope it’s soon.

@MamaBee I hope the move goes smoothly for you. Oh no, I hate to hear about the lump and that it’s so painful. I am glad you are seeing your skin doctor soon for it. Mega dust for it being harmless. Your gum surgery sounds awful too. Big hugs to you.

@canuk-gal are the fires near you or to the east of you? I hope you have a lovely weekend catching up with your friend out of town. I am anxious to see that movie. I enjoyed the other ones. I can’t resist popcorn at the movies especially if they make it there. It always smells so good. My wrist seems better again. Something kind of pops or snaps in my thumb joint now so I’m telling myself maybe whatever was making it painful is moving on. The X-rays showed a lot of arthritic damage in that joint and as Marty pointed out just the break could have put a little floater out that was moving through there. Time will tell. I still can’t hold anything very heavy in that hand but lifting is going well. I’m back to 75 pounds dead lifting already. You’re doing better at me on how many hours you are working. I overdid that this week.

Hi @springerspaniel

Yes, I worked far too many hours. Making podcasts is going to drive me crazy, but that’s on me because I keep getting asked to learn more things and get frustrated I can’t figure it out. Marty might want to strangle me or one of my bears because I keep asking him questions and get agitated when I can’t figure it out right away. BUT, I figured the new thing out last night after watching some YouTube videos. Go straight to the source, eh? My three podcasts have gotten views anyway. I’m still waiting for the guy they hired to make videos gets me a darn template to use. I don’t care what you want them to look like, just tell me. That is just frustrating waiting on that.

Lifting is going well with and for my wrist so I keep upping the weights. I am so glad to get through several nights without wearing the brace. I left it on the night stand so if it wakes me up, it’s “handy”. It is a bit sore at times but honestly considering I’m about 5 months past breaking it, I am doing well. I was excited I dug out a pair of pants that had been too tight for me and they are loose. Yay. I continue to slowly shrink. I definitely need new summer clothes. They are pretty baggy.

Not happy about my earring upgrade. Apparently they think I engraved tiny little serial numbers on the girdle to .40 diamonds because they sent them off to be verified before they’ll make my new earrings. I can “pay” for the entire cost of the new diamonds and they’ll make them now, but they already have my money tied up for weeks so why would I give them more and have to wait 4-6 weeks to get that money back? I checked their website and couldn’t find anywhere they told you that was their process. As Marty pointed out, he’s sure people try to scam them all the time, but certainly they have the equipment to confirm - along with the certificates - that those diamonds are the ones I bought from them and they can tell if they are damaged. I did tell them if I’d known that in the beginning, I would have chosen to do something else. I easily could have got true H&A from James Allen for the same price as I’m paying for the difference and just had someone local put them in dangles. I decided against it because why have two pairs of earrings alike and then I would wear the pair with larger diamonds. Oh well, not much I can do about it.

Take care. Have a lovely weekend.
Marcy

Marty's photo of the elephant trunk nebula in Cepheus.
Elephants Trunk Nebula.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy yes, unfortunately, there are wildfires present/north and are devastating. Breaks breaks breaks my heart.

not to cheery--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal I am sorry they are near you. They look way too plentiful and awful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@marcy ugh, sorry about the smoke conditions and stay safe. I hate to hear about the wildfires. Ooh lovely photo. Thanks for sharing. That is a terrific photo Marty took of the elephant trunk nebula in Cepheus.

@canuk-gal oh no about the wildfires and praying for everyone's safety...so scary. Sending well wishes to all affected and may they be controlled very soon

@springerspaniel hope you are having a wonderful weekend

@Slickk have a terrific weekend sweet friend

@bling_dream19 hope you have a fun weekend and all is going smoothly

@Austina hope you are staying cool and comfy and enjoying your delicious pool

@MamaBee lots of exciting new adventures are on your agenda and I hope you enjoy every moment

@mrs-b hope your weekend is filled with fun and lots of love and that Ballin is continuing to respond to treatment dear friend

@rainwood hope you have a great weekend and thanks for all your support. You're a true friend and I do not take that lightly. I value true friends because I know how rare that is

It's raining here today so errands will be the activity of the day most likely. We enjoyed cycling yesterday and the company of some furry friends along the way. Enjoy a super Saturday lovely ladies. Be well

Sharing our sweet treats from yesterday...so delish

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 6.29.41 AM.png

Yes those are espresso beans lol. Jimmy gave us an extra treat. I only had a few because I am very caffeine sensitive but OMG they were so yummy

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 6.29.57 AM.png

And lastly Jenny is such a rascal. That expression... As she took Greg's seat on the bike and her eyes said to me let's go...lol. She is a sassy lassie

Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 6.32.10 AM.png

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday! XOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you @springerspaniel, I haven’t had my hair this short for years, but in this heat, it’s perfect, and I don’t miss getting mouthfuls of hair every time I eat :lol:

Oh no @marcy, I hope the fires don’t get out of hand, the smoke sounds horrible. Wow, it must be a sign of the times that they want to make sure your diamonds are the real deal. I did hear years ago of someone buying a ring, getting it home and testing it, only to find the centre diamond was fake! They returned it and the seller checked their records and found it’d been a return, and whoever returned it must’ve swapped out the diamond for a CZ o_O I’m glad you’re able to sleep without pain, fingers crossed this break will be the gift that stops giving! What’ve we told you about working too much? You’re supposed to be RETIRED lady!:lol: That photo is spectacular, it doesn’t look real.

Yay, a weekend without having to cook sounds like bliss @canuk-gal, enjoy every morsel you didn’t have to prepare! Keep safe from the fires.

It’s in the 70’s here today @missy, perfect for us. I hope it wasn’t too rainy there and you got your errands all sorted out.

We went and ordered a tractor mower yesterday, it’ll save Colin a lot of time and hard work, especially in the heat.

We got a call from our friends from Arizona this morning, asking if it’d be alright if they come tomorrow instead of Monday, so it’s been busy, busy, busy, but we’re all ready for them now. They’re currently at their son’s place in Tx, and he’s a pilot for SW, so will be on a standby flight, so no idea when they’re actually arriving ATM.

Enjoy the weekend lovely NIRDIS :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Happy Sunday!

@Austina how nice your friends are visiting you today and I hope you enjoy their time with you. Cool about getting a tractor mower. Very fancy :) and I agree a great time (and energy) saver for Colin. Our gardener is missing in action as Greg texted him 6 weeks ago to do spring cleanup and he responded I will get back to you in a day or two. That was 6 weeks ago lol. So Greg is just doing it all himself. I asked him if he wanted me to find someone else but for now he is doing it all which honestly he has been doing for the most part anyway as our gardener only really did mowing of the lawn and spring and fall cleanup but Greg always did a lot of it himself in addition to the gardener. You know that saying if you want a job done right do it yourself. LOL and sigh. Glad you are having some beautiful weather. Today is 70s for us as well and cycling is on the agenda woohoo. Enjoy your friends visit today

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. We ran errands yesterday (Costco, WF, TJ) and it was raining pretty good all day. Today is a cycling day. Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. Be well and enjoy. XOXO

Our flowers have been popping for 2 months now. Roses are here finally. Pinkalicious

Screen Shot 2023-05-21 at 6.38.15 AM.png

And Greg planted white petunias everywhere which I cannot really show well in photos because they are scattered all over our property but here is a glimpse

Screen Shot 2023-05-21 at 6.40.08 AM.png

Have a beautiful day full of colorful joy

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - your plants look wonderful! But that ICE CREAM is faboosh! Sigh. I yearn.

And I hear you about doing it yourself if you want something done right! We had painters this week paint our laundry (gorgeous), kitchen (fabulous), bay window (disaster beyond words) and front door (so bad, the general contractor and I agreed it has to be replaced). The painters filled divots in the window frame and front door with filler that shouldn't be used under gloss oil based paint (apparently). It absorbed the paint, leaving matte patches all over the door and window frame. So the painters painted over it, and over it, and OVER it, trying to disguise it and trying to get the shine to come back (it didn't) - till the paint was *so* thick you can barely make out the beveled pattern on the front door anymore, and the hinges on the windows just look like big, shapeless blobs of paint!! The windows also now don't open, having been painted shut so comprehensively, I have no idea how we will ever be able to open them again. The bay is very old and that style (7 panes, rather than 5 or 6) is no longer made, so if they force the handles and they snap - we're completely screwed. The contour of the outside wall is 7 angles to match the curve of the window above it, so if the window is kaputski, we would, LITERALLY, have to rebuild that part of the wall. I'm trying not to think about it as it's making me kinda stressed.

Consequently, it's 3.26pm and I'm sitting in my living room taking snaps of Beloved and drinking a glass of wine! Gorgeous weather, tho, and Tim and I just got back from a walk. I wish I could say, like @marcy, that I was shrinking away, but really, I'm just making up the ground I lost from having been unable to exercise for the best part of a year. I took up carbs as an activity, and found I was pretty good at it, but, sadly, it the long term effects were not felicitous.

I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday! Love to all the NIRDIs!

ETA. Having a glass of wine...and doing laundry, apparently!

IMG_2757.jpg

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy it sounds like Jenny is almost a cat with an attitude. LOL. Your flowers are gorgeous. I might get mine this coming weekend. In spite of my usual wait until about June 5th for fear of a freeze. I totally plan on venturing out to our botanic gardens to get some pictures of flowers. You are so right about "if you want a job done right . . ." Sorry Greg is doing the yard work, hopefully it's something he enjoys.

@Austina I do totally get it that a jewelry store would be cautious about returns but between the serial number and comparing what is sent in to the AGS certificate, I don't think that could be faked. I can still imagine me trying to engrave a serial number on a girdle. Heck, I can't even see it. :lol: Have a nice time with your friends coming for a visit. Colin will enjoy having a tractor mower.

@mrs-b oh my gosh - how awful about your beautiful windows being painted shut and buried in layers of paint. That totally happened at our old house and yes forcing that window open after it sealed shut, cracked the glass in it right down the middle. I'd be having wine after that too and your ring is stunningly gorgeous! Those darn carbs - but they aren't our friends. I still eat some but try to eat mostly protein. I hate to admit Marty was right on that. I generally only eat hamburgers or steak and then I get sick of it and go on a pasta, pizza, sandwich feast over a few days and I put on a few pounds AND I am starving all the time. I sent Marty a text telling him - he was right, I ate carbs all day yesterday and now I'm starving. I also told him to save that text, but I'll NEVER admit it again. :lol:

We had a lovely dinner out yesterday, steak, wine, crème brûlée, who can complain about that? We took a ride during the day and drove out and got state park passes for both vehicles and a camping permit for the truck. The smoke was bad but Marty took a few pictures. I never even tried. My camera just went along for the ride.

Last night I started watching the series 1883, a prequel to the TV show Yellowstone. They are currently heading out from Texas in a wagon train. Marty told me that I'd never have survived that trip. He knows me well, I've often said if I was on a wagon train, they would have shot me and left me on the side of the road to die. I'm not cut out for such a rough life, I'd be crying and whining all the time.

I did a bit of work today, then updated an old Powerpoint presentation for the astronomy meeting this week, followed by writing the June article for the paper. I lifted, got laundry done and picked up things for the cleaning lady tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is a picture Marty took yesterday. He used de-haze on it to remove the smoke.

1684700501376.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Happy marvelous Monday...Just a quick hello today.

@marcy glad you had a lovely weekend and a delicious dinner out. Sorry about the smoke. Funny you are watching the prequel to Yellowstone as we are watching Yellowjackets (I think that's the name of it lol). Sounds like you also had a very productive weekend. Sweet. Love that photo Marty took. Hauntingly beautiful

Hello @canuk-gal, @MamaBee, @Slickk, @bling_dream19, @Austina, @rainwood. @springerspaniel, @lambskin and everyone else. Hope you all enjoyed a wonderful weekend

@mrs-b your three stone is simply divine...swoon! Speaking of swoon...ooh nice you scored Keith Urban tickets...you will enjoy! Speaking of enjoy...this is for you

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 5.13.47 AM.png

We went cycling yesterday and the weather was purrrfect. This morning we are heading to the city in a few hours to see one of Greg's specialists. Please think good thoughts for him. Have a marvelous Monday. XOXO

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

That ice cream is divine! And I love the sprinkle topping!! Is it more of the espresso beans? My favorite ice cream topping is crushed Heath Bars. I never have it any more - it's like sugar on steroids - but my love for it is true and eternal. :mrgreen: ( <- that's a picture of me - sick, but happy after I've eaten ice cream topped with crushed Heath Bar.)

And I am definitely thinking of you and Greg this morning. Biggest of BIG hugs to you both! oxo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holiday Monday today...and I am dreading going to work tomorrow. So many changes all at once--everyone is stressed to the max.

Had a nice weekend eating out everyday! I'm getting very lazy. I did pop a roast into the oven just now. A thunderstorm just blew in...I wish this amount of rain would go to the wildfires.......still hazy and smelly. My DH bought a Hepa filtration unit--it sure works!!!

@missy LOL my DH had an ice cream soda after his cycle on Sunday. Too funny! Like a kid! I had lunch out with my friend and cycled after. It was pretty warm.... Hope Greg's appt went well.

@mrs-b painted your windows shut....????? Wow.

@Austina enjoy your company!

@marcy sounds like my kind of meal!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I am glad you had a purrfect day cycling. I hope Greg’s appointment went well and I am thinking good thoughts for him. We were in the 70’s today. I might get flowers to plant this weekend. Thanks, I like Marty’s picture a lot, it’s so different and shows the stark reality of Wyoming.

@mrs-b I used to love heath bars but kind of quit eating anything sticky like that due to recent teeth issues. I do still sometimes buy the Heath Klondike bars though.

@canuk-gal I’m so sorry the changes at work is so stressful. Best wishes for things going smoothly and painlessly. Good deal you dined out this weekend, we eat out a lot on the weekend, it’s kind of nice. Glad the new filtration works so well. The smoke here was moderate again today. The very red sun was peering through the front door a while ago. I hope the rain gets on the fires. LOL, it was a good meal this weekend.

I worked more than nine hours today and got podcast #3 hopefully done. I was just about to get up from my desk when the newspaper emailed me asking for the June article. Luckily, I just wanted to proof it once more before emailing it off. That was quick. So I decided I’d Door Dash my supper.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy terrific Tuesday!

@canuk-gal yasss! Nice your dh enjoyed cycling and ice cream and that you enjoyed cycling after lunch with your friend. Very sweet indeed. I am sorry work is stressful especially now and I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible. Yay for the HEPA filter helping with all that smoke. Thank you for your good wishes for Greg. His appointment went as well as it could have and we have a plan in place. Hugs

@mrs-b yesss! Heathbar is my favorite topping too! In college I lived on Ben and Jerry's heathbar crunch for my first semester lol. Needless to say I was 10 lbs heavier that semester lol. Yes that is espresso beans. So good. But not as good as heathbar crunch..not sure that would be gluten free. I will ask Jimmy if his heathbar topping is gluten free. I don't get toppings because well who needs all that sugar but Greg has been getting it the past few days and I don't want to spoil his fun. TY for all your warm and well wishes. XOXO

@marcy why doesn't it surprise me you worked over 9 hours yesterday lol. I am glad you got podcast #3 done and your June article too. Sweet. TY for your good wishes for Greg's appointment yesterday. It went as well as it could have and we have a follow up planned in the fall but we will return to the surgeon sooner need be. Hugs

@Slickk hope your week is going well and woohoo holiday weekend coming up yay. TY for all your support and good wishes XOXO

@bling_dream19 big hugs sweet friend and I hope you have something fun planned for the upcoming holiday weekend. TY for all your sweet support. Hugs

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. Cycling today. Tomorrow AM I have an appointment with a new rheumatologist so looking forward to that being done lol. And hopefully cycling all week...so far so good weather wise fingers crossed. Have a wonderful terrific Tuesday all. Lots of hugs and love sweet friends

Leaving you with a photo from Memorial day past...

Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 6.59.34 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

@missy I am glad the appointment for Greg went as well as can be expected. Sorry there will be a surgery in his future. Mega dust coming his way. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow and I hope you ge to cycle all week.

Good news. I got an email that my diamonds cleared verification so my earrings may ship tomorrow. That would be AWESOME! See, I cried and whined for nothing.

I worked and put in another 9 hour day. I've mastered quick fixes on videos anyway. Yay. Podcast #3 is posted.

Marty had a strange day - his company is talking to his old company. He met some of them for a meeting and then went on site. He put on real work clothes. I asked if he wanted me to take a picture of him all dressed up for work.
:lol:
I guess everyone he saw asked about me. He told them I was the worst retired person he knows since I'm working again.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's happy wonderful Wednesday! I am running a bit late so just a quick hello

@marcy woohoo earrings are shipping...super exciting and I cannot wait for you to be enjoying them on your ears. We require lots of earshots OK? Good for you podcast #3 is posted. LOL you are definitely not being successful at retirement hahaha

Hi everyone else. We got to cycle all day yesterday and it was pure joy. My appointment is in person this morning then we plan on cycling. I have to go workout before the appointment now. Have a great day girls and sending my sweet friends here so much love and so many well wishes. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 6.05.11 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy, honestly the ‘gardeners’ here are they same, they come and mow, strim the edges and that’s it. The cost of the mower will soon be recouped as it’s really expensive to get them to mow here. I don’t blame Greg doing the garden work, he’s probably doing a much better job than anyone you’d pay. I’m sorry to hear there could be potential issues for Greg in the future, and fingers crossed that your appt went well today.

Oh my goodness @mrs-b, were the painters called Bodge it & Scarper by any chance? :mrgreen: You’d think they’d know better than to paint the windows shut causing far more work than necessary. Glad you put your feet up and enjoyed your sparkling view!

Yay to your earrings being on their way soon @marcy, I second plenty of ear shots. Your meal sounds delicious, but as for working 9 hours again, STOP :lol: Does Marty’s old and new company speaking bode for big changes?

Yum to a weekend noshing @canuk-gal, I can’t claim to have done a lot of cooking while our friends were here, I cooked on Sunday evening, but we went out for Mexican food on Monday and got BBQ yesterday. We spent a lot of time by and in the pool, the weather was perfect while they were here.

Dropped our friends at the airport this morning for their flight home, we’re sad to see them go, we’ve had a blast with them, they’re such a fun couple. We stopped at the dealership on the way home to get some things out of our car, and told the guy I want a weekly update even it it’s “no news”.

Got home and started cleaning up, bedding all washed and ironed and bed remade, towels all washed and fluffed and the bathroom and bedroom all cleaned. Got Robovac cleaning everywhere else, and we intend to have a relaxing afternoon, we’re zonked.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results