carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy marvelous Monday girls!!!!
We enjoyed a fabulous cycling day yesterday replete with furry babies, seaside cycling and sweet delicious ice cream. A purrrrrrfect Sunday in every way.

Screen Shot 2023-05-08 at 6.24.23 AM.png

Speaking of sweet...Wishing my sweet friends here a marvelous magnificent Monday. XOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad you’ve been enjoying cycling, fresh air, furries and ice cream @missy.

I can’t believe how quickly the house sale is going to be completed @MamaBee, won’t be long before you can take full possession and actually call it home.

Phooey to new computer systems @canuk-gal, I’m sure you’ll soon have the hang of it.

I’m glad the splint is helping @marcy, but sorry to hear about your vision problem. Lol to Marty commenting about the summer clothes, he’s a wag!

Had to go to the airport today to take back the old rental and pick up another. Not sorry to see that go, everytime I started it, the low battery message came up, just what we need NOT! They wanted to charge us 3 x as much to extend the rental for another week, so we rented from another company. I actually prefer this car. You won’t believe this, we pull in to the rental return, and I can’t find the key. I know it has to be in the car because the car wouldn’t work without it. We search in my bag, in the door pockets, in the centre console, guess where it was? Colin was sitting on it!!!

No news about my car, despite the dealer telling me they’d call me to let me know what’s going on. Latest was that they were waiting for a tech from Kia, because they still didn’t know why the (2nd) new transmission wasn’t working. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs had a great weekend, we got up at 5am on Saturday to watch the Coronation.

Sending love and hugs to you all :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!!! Happy terrific Tuesday!

@Austina I cannot believe how long this car ordeal is taking and I am so sorry. What a huge hassle but soon hopefully you will be free of the Kia. I am amazed at the horrible customer service ugh. It will be a night and day difference between Kia and Lexus customer service. Soon this will be a distant memory. And that you have a good Mother's Day this weekend. Sending you much love

@MamaBee soon enough you will be in your beautiful new home! Wishing you so much good luck with the sale of your other home. Hope all is going well and you are having a good week and looking forward to a happy Mother's Day

@mrs-b have not heard from you lately and hope all is well...any Mother Day plans?

@bling_dream19 hey girl hope all is going smoothly and the week is going well

@Slickk how are you? Any Mother's Day plans this weekend?

@marcy speaking of Mother's Day how are the bears and bunnies? Hope they prepared something special for you for this weekend

@springerspaniel hugs to your sweet furry babies...hooe you are enjoying a good week

@canuk-gal hope you and your DH are doing well and I am thinking of you

Hi everyone else..hope all is well. Yesterday was a warm day and just gorgeous. Today (late afternoon) I have a cardiologist appointment due to my DD grade 1 and I am apprehensive because I have been doing some reading about it. One day at a time right? Anyway have a wonderful terrific Tuesday and enjoy and be well...XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 6.33.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 6.31.12 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy glad we made a deal. No more kltuz incidents for us. Yeah! Did you get your prescription issue solved. Service is sure lacking these days. My doctor’s office called me yesterday and said it was taken care of and it was the pharmacy’s fault. Right . . . At least I’m good for over a year on that. Gorgeous flowers from your outing. Love the picture of Pepsi guarding the Chewy box. That was awfully nice of your wrist to talk to mine, maybe they’ll both decide to behave and leave us alone. I hope yours is better. Your ice cream looks yummy! That’s great you are enjoying lovely weather. We are too. It’s barely even breezy out there right now. Funny you should mention the bears and rabbits. Someone was messing with them last night and his name is Marty. See the teddy bear picture below, he went over the banister and when Marty threw him back upstairs poor thing landed between the wall and speaker. I keep telling Marty the poor thing has a headache today. I sure hope your appointment went well today.

@canuk-gal sorry it was a busy, stressful work week so far. Ugh to a new computer system. Glad you got some rain. We had a lovely shower this afternoon. It was brief, but anything helps. I see some fires have already started in parts of Canada.

@Austina sadly no you can’t make this stuff up. If this car doesn’t qualify for the lemon law, I don’t know what does. Phooey you had to exchange the rental car. Glad you like the new one. Too funny Colin was on the key when you were turning the car in. On one of Marty’s business trips, Marty was headed to the airport after lunch and some other guy locked Marty’s keys in his car rental trunk. Luckily the guy had triple A and had them come get in the trunk for them while they ate.

My wrist is better with me sleeping with the brace on, it’s not ideal but working. I might try knitting a row or two with the brace to see if that works. I sure want to get mini me #2 done and start on a vest.

We had a busy weekend. Marty pulled the trailer out front and being the laborious task of shortening the bed. It was a major chore. Took him most of two days. Also, since he isn't the best at cleaning up his mess, I picked up the assorted debris in the front yard as well as swept the garage twice. The bed is now short enough for me to set on, but I am not sure how the heck we will both sleep on a queen short as tall as he is as well as there is a little drawer and closet on each side of the bed that takes up more of the side of the bed than the bed. I will have to set on the end and scoot back. This would not have been my desired layout but this is his toy. So when I woke up at 2 am Monday morning, stewed about it for several hours. We will see what happens.

Marty made the mistake of asking me what I want for my birthday. I am in talks with WF about moving my studs to platinum (from YG) and seeing if my YG dangle setting will take slightly bigger diamonds. They currently have .40 carats in them and I think .50’s will fit. I found a pair of H ACA in the price range I want to afford right now. I’m sure ACA’s in 1/2 carat range and in YG will appear white to me. I only have one good eye anyway. Ha Ha. And my vision is iffy out of that one. I have my annual eye exam next month. I might see if he thinks contacts (gas perms) might give me better distance vision. It’s worth a thought.

Take care.
Marcy

Attachments

• IMG_2277.JPG
    IMG_2277.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 4

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!! HAPPY wonderful Wednesday!!

@marcy haha those bears and bunnies sure like to push that proverbial envelope. Glad your prescriptions woes are over for now. Finally I got mine called in to the pharmacy but the speciality compounding pharmacies are weeks behind so it might be a month or so...but it's OK I have back up. Oooh I love your birthday gift idea. Sorry about the vision in one eye and I completely relate. But my poor vision is due to cataracts due to my high myopia. I have been procrastinating because cataract surgery won't be simple for me since I am so nearsighted and I will have to pretty much be on almost a bed rest for a long time afterwards to minimize retinal detachment risk that comes for those of us who are so nearsighted after cataract surgery. So you see my hesitation. Anyway hope your issue is easier to solve

@Austina any car updates?

@rainwood woohoo!!! Gorgeous :kiss2:

@mrs-b you are in my thoughts and prayers and looking forward to catching up sweet friend

@bling_dream19 happy Wednesday girl... Hope you are having a good week

@Slickk halfway through the school week and hope you are having a smooth running week so far

Hi everyone else. We had a long day yesterday. We drove all that way to the cardiologist;s office and the staff said oh we canceled your appointment because the doctor is not at the office he had emergency procedures to do..no one called me so I raised my voice (the staff is very incompetent but that is another story) and texted the doctor since I have his mobile number. Since he is a friend of one of our closest friends. Anyway the cardiologist called me immediately and said dont go...I never canceled your appointment. Everyone else was canceled but he specifically told his staff not to cancel me. Turns out they had my appointment under Greg's name not mine. And I was the only one that wasn't canceled that day. I mean I knew we never received a call despite what the staff told me. Cannot make this stuff up. But in the meantime we also got to visit with our good friend who is a pulmonologist at that hospital (who was the one who recommended this cardiologist to Greg initially) and it all worked out. Long story short (haha too late) I am repeating the echo in the fall. He said it was OK to wait. Unfortunately my bp was very high when he took it before the appointment and after. He spent an hour with me then retook my bp and it was still high. I feel like bp meds are in my future but we shall see. It goes so high when I am nervous or stressed which might be more often than is safe. But one day at a time right?

I hope you are all enjoying a terrific week and sending hugs and love to you all.
And special wishes to dear @mrs-b
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 7.09.54 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to post this before I forget it. A DJ on Sirius-XM just said someone sent this anonymous quote to him. Dogs prepare you for babies. Cats prepare you for teenagers. It made me chuckle.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to post this before I forget it. A DJ on Sirius-XM just said someone sent this anonymous quote to him. Dogs prepare you for babies. Cats prepare you for teenagers. It made me chuckle.

Oh my gosh that’s hysterical :lol:

And true!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy terrific Thursday!
It's going to be a gorgeous warm day here today.
Hope the weather is cooperating where you are :)

@marcy thank you for the laugh yesterday...Greg enjoyed it too. So funny and so true too

@bling_dream19 @Slickk @mrs-b @Austina @canuk-gal @MamaBee @springerspaniel and everyone else, good morning and hope all is well.

We cycled yesterday as it was a beautiful weather day and today is the same but warmer. Greg has a dental appointment this morning then we are off cycling. Have a terrific Thursday! Enjoy and be well. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 6.42.27 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG..I wrote a long post and it disappeared when I went inside to talk to S. I will come back later..I have no idea why that happened!
We’ve been up to our eyeballs with the house closing which takes place on Monday. It’s crazy because everything had to be done in two weeks time..There was a little problem getting a clear title..but that worked out today. We wired the money five minutes ago. We are on for Monday! We get the walkthrough at 2..closing at 3:30. Then they get to live in our house free until July 31st.. :/

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So glad the weather is co-operating for you @missy, it’s great to be outside. Hope Greg’s dental appt goes well, we both had our 6 month check up on Tuesday. We really like this new dentist, he’s youngish, and 5 minutes from where we live! Hope today brings more sunshine and pedalling!

That’s funny @marcy. We had a cat growing up, and I like cats, but Colin said he couldn’t stand the uncertainty of not knowing where it was all the time, like you do with a dog. It’s not common to have indoor cats in the UK, they come and go. Of course you couldn’t do that here, too much wildlife around for them to be safe. I hope your splint is continuing to help. Your plans for your earrings sound like a good plan, I love platinum, I know a lot of people don’t like the ‘metallic’ look of it, but that’s what I like about it.

How’re all the other lovely NIRDI’s doing? Is the sale all going through smoothly @MamaBee? Edit to say I see you close on Monday. Adam did that when he bought the house here, but the people paid him rent until they moved out. Are you getting to grips with the new computer system @canuk-gal ? How’s the recovering going @mrs-b ? Hope you’re not working too hard @bling_dream19 and enjoying all your beautiful jewellery? How’re things with you @junebug17 ?

And so it rumbles on! I got hold of Kia Corporate to ask when my escalation case manager is going to get in touch, I was told 7 days from when the case was passed to her, I told them it’s been 7 days and nada:roll: The mechanic who’s dealing with my car is away till Friday, and they still haven’t heard back from Kia Tech support. Looks like we’re going to have to extend the hire car for another week.

We had a home inspector here yesterday, he’s the same one who did the original inspection. Can you believe it’s almost a year since we moved in, so we’re getting everything checked for a warranty claim? He found a few small things which we’ll flag up to the builder, but otherwise, everything’s fine.

:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I cut this out.I hope you can read this. This is Pennsylvania with lots of open space..Cats always have a home!
8E786DED-451D-4B69-8025-DB87032878DD.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy well someone around here likes to push that proverbial envelope. I might be an instigator there myself. Not going to lie. But I’m not the ONLY one. I have that touch of Gracie in me. I hope you can get your prescriptions sooner than that. This stuff is nuts. I totally get your hesitation to get cataract surgery. I doubt it would ever help me with the left eye since it has that scar on the macula. Why bother? Love your picture perfect of the sun, tree and ocean. It’s like a postcard. Sorry to hear your BP was high. That was a good deal the cardiologist didn’t plan on cancelling your appointment. Sounds like his office staff is as with it as my doctor’s assistant. I am glad you and Greg enjoyed the joke. Mmm delicious ice cream. I picked us up some Baskin Robbins today. I got Marty mint chocolate chip and I got myself chocolate chip.

@MamaBee congratulations but closing is sure happening fast. I wired some money today too, but I’m sure FAR less than you did. Don’t get too stressed with all this. I am excited for you.

@Austina it’s the same here where you can’t leave pets outside much because of the critters that might get them. My sister has a hawk that hangs out near their house so they always go outside with their cat. My splint worked well for a week but about 1:30 a.m. today my hand and I had a major conflict. It won. I got back to sleep about an hour later. I lifted yesterday so I’ll see if it happens again when I lift Sunday. I punted on the idea for the platinum studs. Since I’m not upgrading those diamonds, it would be $600 to move them since they wanted to charge me $300 to mount them again. Kind of rotten since they studs and diamonds are from them, but I get it. Once they are in my ear, you can’t see what color of metal they are anyway. I did send off my dangles today. They’ll only be .10 carat more, but I’ll know. No, it doesn’t seem possible you’ve been in your house a year. Yes, get those warranties done. Boo to Kia and their crappy customer service. It’s the gift that keeps on giving like having a big rock in your shoe.

Not much new with me. I got my dangles shipped to WF today so hopefully the earrings will be winging their way back to FedEx in no time. Glad to get them out before the weekend.

Marty went to Denver last night for a concert with a friend from his gym. I was kind of nervous since I heard downtown D is a cesspool of crime and mayhem but he didn’t see anything of have any problems. I decided I wanted pizza and breadsticks for supper last night so ordered them in. Today, I was starving by 10 a.m. So I sent Marty a text (all the way downstairs) telling him “he was right” about carbs not keeping you full like protein would. I told him when he left for the gym, he better take a screen shot of that text, because he’ll never get me to admit that again. Funny thing was, he ate mostly carbs for supper last night in Denver and was hungry too.

Too bad my co-workers don’t know my sense of humor. The boss posted an e e cummings poem today for some reason and I really wanted to respond with glad to see Nantucket wasn’t mentioned in the poem you posted. I do crack myself up.

Oh, and I’m proud to say when I went to FedEx, school was getting out and I safely made it home going through several school zones without having flashing lights chase me down.

Take care.
Marcy

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Too bad my co-workers don’t know my sense of humor. The boss posted an e e cummings poem today for some reason and I really wanted to respond with glad to see Nantucket wasn’t mentioned in the poem you posted. I do crack myself up.
See now, I think that is hilarious @marcy!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy FriYAY!!!!

@marcy hahaha you and I are good at laughing at our own jokes. Which are very funny if I do say so myself. I mean if we don't laugh at them how can we expect others to? Or rather if we don't laugh at them no one would :lol: Listen we are funny. No question about it. Greg said I am the funniest person he knows and when he meets you he will know two funny people. Hmmm that came out funny :loopy:

Woohoo about your dangles being sent to WF and I cannot wait for you to get them back. Glad Marty had a good time at the concert and I would also be nervous about safety. Yummmm pizza and breadsticks. I miss them and last time I had any form of bread or pizza was before 2017. But at least I can remember how they taste and it was divine. Hope you enjoyed. LOL good deal not getting stopped by the fuzz...haha remember that term?

@MamaBee awww thank you! Cannot wait to read it. Appreciate you thinking of me. And woohoo you are almost there!! New home almost yours. And it is OK you are letting the former owners stay for a couple of months. Soon enough you will be there yourselves. :appl:

@mrs-b as always a joy and a pleasure chatting with you. Greg sends all his love too and I am continuing sending bucketloads of healing vibes and lots of love and gentle hugs. And a special gentle hug to sweet sweet Ballin. My heart is so full of love for him and I never even met him...maybe you can bring him and your other sweet pup when you visit. Too bad if our cats don't like it. Spoiled little monsters that they are lol

@springerspaniel hope all is well and haha we have a good sense of humor and I always say that will get us through challenging times. I would rather laugh than cry as I know we all would

@bling_dream19 happy friYAY girl! Hope you have some fun plans for the weekend

@Slickk speaking of the weekend woohoo it is almost upon us...I hope you are seeing your kids this weekend for Mother's Day

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. We had a great cycling day yesterday. So beautiful out. And we saw our two favorite furry babies and their humans and had ice cream and it was a PURRRRrrrrrrrrrrfect day in every way.

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 6.15.11 AM.png

@mrs-b Jenny only does this with Greg...his momma says she never lets her hold her like this lol. Luckily I am not the jealous type :lol:

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 6.14.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 6.14.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 6.14.54 AM.png

Greg took this photo as I was on the phone with one of my healthcare providers at the moment the ice cream came out and it was melting so I motioned for him to take the photo. I see we need to work on his pic taking skills I mean just no lol. But you can see it was quite yummy nonetheless :lickout:

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 6.15.27 AM.png

Enjoy a sweet and delicious day girls. Be well. XOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m sorry to hear the splint only worked temporarily @marcy, that break is the gift that keeps on giving! That does seem steep to transfer your studs into platinum, and as you say, once they’re in your ear, you can’t really see the setting. Any idea when your danglies will be ready? With a guy Marty’s size, I’d be surprised if anyone would want to mess with him :mrgreen:

Aww to the cute puppies @missy, we’re still dithering about getting another dog, and are going to make a decision after Christmas. If it’s any consolation, Colin is only take half a dose each day of the BP meds, and it’s brought his BP down to a normal level now.

So we had a conversation with a Lemon Law lawyer today, and they’re going to send us a contract. The bad news is, they said it could take 6 months to get it resolved :( So at some point, we’re just going to bite the bullet and buy another car.

We‘re expecting big storms tonight, the rain will be very welcome but not looking forward to the thunder and lightening.

Nothing planned for the w/e except a FT call with our friends on Sunday morning.

Have a great weekend everyone :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Caturday Saturday!!! OMG we are mid May...how the heck did that happen so fast??

@Austina yasssssssssss...if my vote counts at all it's a big fat YESSSSS!!!!! (to the Puppy question lol)
Glad you are getting that proverbial ball rolling on the Lemon Law and your Kia. Hopefully it won't take as long as the attorney said and it can all get taken care of sooner rather than later. You will love the Lexus.
Enjoy a wonderful weekend and a great chat with your friends Sunday morning. And a happy Mother's day to you

@marcy hope you are having a good weekend and you are feeling well with no wrist pain. Hope you do not work too much this weekend and that the bears and bunnies have a special threat for you

@bling_dream19 hope you are seeing your parents this weekend and happy Mother's Day to your mom

@Slickk happy Mother's Day weekend

@mrs-b I hope you get to see your sweet daughter this weekend or at the very least enjoy some quality face time/zoom with her. She is so lucky to have you as you are to have her...happy Mother's Day

@canuk-gal happy Mother's Day weekend. I hope you get to enjoy cycling this weekend as well as celebrate with family

@MamaBee are you seeing Chris this weekend? Happy Mother's Day to you

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. We cycled yesterday and it was beautiful. Warm but still amazing. And ice cream really hit the spot (when does it not lol). Today hoping for more of the same. Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday sweet lovely ladies.

Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 6.27.52 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy it’s a good thing we laugh at our own jokes. Someone has to! As long as we are entertained, that is all that matters. And yes, when I come visit Greg will see how funny we are. I am anxious to get my dangle earrings back. It’ll be a subtle change, but I think just enough. I have tiny earlobes so 5mm stones are about perfect for me. Brittany said the diamonds I picked really sparkle from edge to edge, so they should be good in dangles. As you know - and you do too - we worry when our sweeties go places. And it’s not like they can’t take care of themselves. I do enjoy pizza now and then and I bet you have some fabulous places around there for pizza. Of course, I remember the term fuzz. I’m old. Great pictures of your adventures, those pups sure adore Greg. And your ice cream looks delicious.

@Austina yes, I figure if I ever want larger studs, then I’ll move them to platinum. Like I just told @missy my tiny earlobes and larger stones don’t go together. Funny what you said about anyone messing with Marty. He’d certainly be the last person someone would go out of their way to pick a fight with. When we were first married we lived in a trailer in a small trailer court and came home from a star party to find all the parking spots in front of our place were taken. The people across from us were having a loud party and you could smell the pot outside. Two different friends were with us as well, so Marty went over and banged on the door to get people to move their cars. No one even heard him knock, so he just walked in. I’m freaking out that he’s going to get shot or something and our friends look at me and say “have you seen your husband? Who’s going to pick a fight with him?? Amazingly, the people came out and moved their cars. Sorry the lemon law will take so long, but I’d probably decide to buy another car too. I’d say you have a good chance of winning that though. What a hassle it’s been for you and Colin. Enjoy FT with your friends this weekend. I started FT’ing my SIL. She’s staying in a RV park near the Grand Canyon right now.

I did discover today I should have turned in my assorted bracelets from that store in Denver to get a few links removed. I have on my pink sapphire bracelet today and it's close to falling off my hand. I went on a shorter chain hunt today and found a few of them in my jewelry pile but not ones I want to put on my diamonds. My longer chains are all adjustable, but now I have to pull them so much shorter, a big old chain rolls around to the front rather quickly. I’m also noticing clothes are getting quite baggy on me again. Pounds are not really moving much right, but inches must be.

Wow, I'm yawning like I was on an all night bender. I stayed up maybe 45 minutes later than normal but not that much. I tried sleeping without my wrist brace and at 12:30 my hand yelled at me. So I reluctantly put it back on. I might try a few rows of mini me #2 today so see how that goes.

We went out for breakfast this morning and then Marty tried to heat our deck by leaving the door open and running his astro-camera through our solar scope on a mostly cloudy sky. He'd just get a glimpse of the sun to show on the computer and a cloud would cover it. All the astro-camera computers and drives are old school technology and none of them work with Mac. He can use his work Windows based PC but it's probably 6+ year old technology as well.

I worked about an hour today but think I'll be retired for the day and watch TV. It's too darned chilly and very windy out there to venture outside much.

Take care,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Mother's Day!

@marcy I am glad you got to go out to breakfast with Marty and act retired for the rest of the day yesterday haha. Ouch to your wrist and glad the wrist brace helps and hopefully soon you won't need the brace at all. Chilly by you? Wow it's been quite warm here. July warm if you ask me in the mid 80s F. Definitely get the bracelets shortened so you don't have to deal with that and oooh cannot wait to see your dangles. I know it will be a sparkle-fest and look stunning on you. Hope you had a good night's sleep last night and yes when I stay up late I feel the same. 45 minutes makes a big difference imo. I was so tired last night I slept right past my medication time (middle of the night) so I had to take this morning when I woke and now cannot eat for an hour. Boo. OK I cheated and only waited 45 minutes for my coffee. I need my coffee lol.

We went cycling yesterday and it was glorious. Purrrrrfect. Today is another cycling day and looking forward to it.

Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 5.56.18 AM.png

@Austina @Slickk @canuk-gal @bling_dream19 @rainwood @junebug17 @MamaBee @springerspaniel @mrs-b I hope I am not leaving anyone out and wanted to wish you all a terrific Mother's Day...even if you do not have human babies we all still celebrate Mother's Day to some extent as we all have Mother's and Grandmother's and Aunts and other important women in our lives. Past and present and I know we are missing those who are gone and loving those who are still with us. And I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful day filled with good memories and lots of love

Leaving you with a poem in the post below. XOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest NIRDIs today is Mother's Day
so it is time for a poem
And there is no better time to just say
wherever you are, wherever you may roam
You are all so amazing
in your unique special way
I have to share my thoughts with you all
on this Sunday in May

Thank you NIRDIs for sharing your time
with us all in this thread and also beyond
chatting in real life as well as online
day in and day out with a bond that is strong
Having friends like the NIRDIs is really so fine
Though we are not blood still like a family we feel
We are close and loving and share a bond that is real

Happy Mother's Day NIRDIs far and near
Know that we love you and hold you so dear
Hoping your day is full of wonder and joy
Enjoy all your loved ones, no need to be coy
Loved so much by those whom you adore
Wishing love and peace for the year and more

So yes I now bid you
a very loving adieu
have a very special day
extending the whole year too
See you later, see you tomorrow
but goodbye for right now
and please for goodness sake
enjoy all the yummy mother's day chow

LOVE you NIRDI Moms and daughters (and sons) alike
Now it's time for Greg and I to get on our tandem bike

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!!!

beachlife.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Mother's Day! Hi NIRDI's!

@missy lovely sunrise. Thank you for the great NIRDI poem; that is very nice. I hope you had a nice time on your outing today. It would be nice if my wrist/hand/thumb eventually improves enough I don't have to sleep with that brace, but it's not that bad considering it helps me sleep. Glad you are having warm weather. It's still chilly and rainy here. On no, you have to get up and take medicine in the middle of the night. Of course, I make several trips to the little NIRDI's room during the night, so I guess that would work. I think 45 minutes to wait for coffee is long enough. I'm yawning right now. Maybe I'll make myself a bit of cocoa.

We went out for breakfast at about 7 this morning. It was good timing too, because when we left the restaurant was packed. It was like it was Mother's Day or something. I had a strawberry waffle, one of my favorites.

I rented Guy Ritchie's the Covenant yesterday. That was a good movie. Today I'm working on laundry, will lift and try to stay warm.

Have a lovely day.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW what a week, don't know how I survived. Big learning curve at work and days of what seemed like chaos but I survived....and I get it! A fair number of unhappy scenarios for my colleagues and I hoping it only improves from here. Enuf said!

Had a lovely day out yesterday with my family--excellent Japanese lunch out , then happy. Lovely weather and a nice walk. Today, I'll cook the fresh halibut for our supper. My DS has some plans later on, so we'll eat eat early. Suits me fine.

Happy MOther Day to all and thank you for that lovely peom @missy! Hope your Mama is having a nice day!!!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy marvelous Monday girls!!! Hope everyone had a magnificent Mother's Day weekend!

@canuk-gal thank you! I hope your family pampered you yesterday and you enjoyed a lovely weekend

@marcy sorry it is chilly and rainy by you... colder temps are heading our way later this week but for now it is lovely weather out there..yummm cocoa. That is the purrrfect drink on a chilly day. Glad you enjoyed breakfast out yesterday and hopefully Marty pampered you. Hope your wrist is feeling all better and nothing is talking at you. Thanks for the movie rec...I will check it out. Never heard of it but I am out of the loop regarding movies and popular culture lol. Always appreciate recommendations. We saw a few kooky movies over the past week...Resurrection on Hulu (I thought it was very interesting and yes recommend it) and The Extra Man on Hulu. Quirky. Kevin Kline was great in it

@bling_dream19 hope you had a lovely weekend and a good week coming

@mrs-b hope all is going well and you enjoyed a great Mother's Day and that Ballin is improving each day and doing well

@Slickk hope your Mother's Day was terrific and you got to enjoy the company of your children both furry and human

@Austina I hope you had a good weekend

@MamaBee I am pretty sure you had a great weekend and are still experiencing the high from getting your dream house

Hi everyone else. Hope you enjoyed a terrific weekend. Goes so fast. Too fast. We cycled yesterday and it was so much fun. Greg changed some parts and the bike was super smooth and we had a great ride. And of course sweet ice cream too. Today is another gorgeous day and we are heading out cycling in a couple of hours. I have a zoom call later with my girlfriends and I know the day will speed by...have a wonderful and marvelous Monday lovely ladies. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-05-15 at 6.42.41 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@canuk-gal I am glad you survived a horrific week and hope the learning curve gets better with exposure to the new stuff. I am glad you had a lovely dinner and nice weekend.

@missy thank you for the movie recommendations. You may not like the Covenant because it's about the war in Afghanistan, I don't remember it's too bloody but that generally doesn't bother me. I liked Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda, so I'll check out his movie and the other one you mentioned. Have a lovely time with your zoom call today. I am glad you had a nice weekend and delicious ice cream. My wrist isn't too bad right now. It seems like my thumb joint is moving / popping a bit so I'm hoping something is "righting" itself and I can forget about it.

I got up about 6 this morning so I could get an early start on work today. I was meeting a friend I worked with decades ago for lunch. I don't think I'd know her if I passed her on the street. We planned on meeting at the Olive Garden at 11:30. She messaged me on Facebook so I didn't even have her cell phone. I ordered my 9 ounces of wine when I got there. She wasn't there by 11:45 so I sent her a message on FB and told her good gag, I'm ordering my lunch now. About the time my food got served, I saw she messaged me back and was on her way. She had a doctor's appointment that ran long. So we visited for over an hour and then I came home and worked some more. After hearing her health ailments, assorted broken bones and issues, I feel lucky. I guess, I'm pretty healthy considering.

I just had a teaser of sunshine out the den window. I haven't seen blue sky in days.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy terrific Tuesday!

@canuk-gal I am glad you enjoyed a lovely lunch out with your family this past weekend and that the weather cooperated for a wonderful walk together. Hope the halibut last night was good.

@marcy glad you are getting to see some blue skies finally. We have been pretty fortunate with our wonderful weather lately. Thanks for the movie warning...you are right I wouldn't like that bloody movie lol. I cannot do violence. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry about your friend's health issues and glad she finally made it to your lunch date albeit late. These doctors often run late so I will not make plans too close to the appointment so I do not keep others waiting. But glad she finally made it and you got to spend time together. Glad your wrist is feeling better and may that continue

Hi @bling_dream19 @Slickk @springerspaniel @mrs-b @MamaBee @Austina and everyone else

We had a great riding day yesterday and then a wonderful zoom call after. And as I predicted the day sped by...whoosh
Today is another spectacular riding day albeit in the 80s f. Cooling off starting tomorrow. But I will take it whatever the temps. NO rain makes me happy and while rain is predicted for the weekend it is OK. More sun than rain makes me a happy girl :)

Enjoy a terrific Tuesday all. Be well.

Screen Shot 2023-05-16 at 6.46.20 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad the weather has been great and you could get out and ride. It’s been wet, wet, wet here! Isn’t modern technology great? During lockdown we did our Pilates class via Zoom. Yum to lots of delicious ice cream, you more than work off all those calories. Thank you for your thoughtful poem.

Oy @canuk-gal, glad you’ve got to grips with the work situation, any change can be difficult, so I hope your colleagues are soon up to speed. Sounds like you had the perfect weekend.

Glad you got to enjoy breakfast out @marcy without the hordes! Oh no to sitting and waiting for your friend to arrive, it’s always strange to be sitting in a restaurant wondering if your ‘date‘ is going to turn up :D
Glad she eventually made it and you had a good catch up.

I hope the house purchase all went smoothly yesterday @MamaBee.

Continuing to send good thoughts for your recovery @mrs-b.

We had a busy weekend, no rest for the wicked :mrgreen: We spoke to our friends on Saturday, and they had good news. After their first sale fell through, they‘ve got another buyer. A young single Mum whose parents are buying the house for her and her little boy. It should be a straightforward transaction with no chain to collapse and cause havoc. They had 8 viewings last week, so we’re so happy it resulted in a sale. They have their design meeting today for their new house. It’s going to be really strange for them, they’ve lived in their current house for 38 years, and it’s where their children have grown up. They’re looking forward to being near their daughter who recently had a baby.

We’ve had oceans of rain the last few days, so much so, the pool overflow was in overdrive yesterday! We spent Sunday in the garden working, we had lots of stone the builder gave us, so we edged around the trees in the front. After that it was too clammy to do much more, and we were exhausted.

Went to Costco yesterday, had to return one of those mats you put in front of the sink to take the pressure off your legs, it’d been recalled. We did manage to get a nicer one and a large absorbent mat for the kitchen door, for when we come in from the pool. It was bright sunshine until we were nearly home then the heavens opened. As we drove in, lots of flooding everywhere. Fortunately, we’re on a slight slope so our was draining quickly.

Got up early today to finish off around the trees, put down landscaper’s matting and covered it with stones. We are now officially done with garden work for this year.

I have an appt at 1pm to go for an impression for a new night guard, I’ve managed to destroy yet another lower guard.

Got an email on Saturday, to say the garage has approval for yet another transmission, and it’ll be installed as soon as it arrives. You couldn’t make this stuff up! How many more attempts to they need before they do the decent thing and buy it back? :roll:

:wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo all.

A long belated update - and my apologies for being MIA for so long.

Since I last posted I had a biopsy on a lump in my arm (non-malignant result), and my rheumatologist is now talking about Dercums disease - another auto immune disorder that causes multiple painful lumps that attach to the fascia beneath the skin. I've had this very symptom for 35 years and nobody has been able to explain it, and the other symptoms all definitely seem to fit. So we'll see where we end. I tend to believe it *is* Dercums disease as it's such a specific thing, and nobody has ever pinned down what all these lumps and bumps and considerable pain has been. Anyway, we'll see.

Ballin, one of my dogs, has staph, which has been resisting treatment for some time now. It's manifesting in his back left leg and, while having improved somewhat, refuses to totally resolve. Should it ever get out of hand, it will turn into sepsis, so we're doing all we can to stop that from happening. The situation reminds me of Missy's situation with her cats and ringworm - we have to do daily baths and leg soaking, so the whole thing is incredibly tiring for us, and painful for our puppy.

Tim's latest CT scans came back showing the granuloma in his lungs have grown and spread. He's seeing a pulmonologist in 2 weeks for a lung biopsy. I'm very concerned and he is now officially stage 4 sarcoidosis. He had his annual dermatology appt, as Tim's sarcoidosis has manifested on his skin and it can turn cancerous. She took 2 biopsies from 2 sites with which she wasn't happy, and we're still waiting for the results. He continues to look like the healthiest man you've ever seen.

We've decided to spend some money on our house for the sheer distraction of it. What we'd *really* like to do is go on a long vacation to Australia, but we just won't leave the dogs. So house spending it is! We're doing some painting, putting in some new carpet, we've replaced our gutters and fascia, we're doing the gas plumbing for gas heater inserts, we're rehabbing our cobblestone patio, adding a new stone staircase in the back yard to replace the bulkhead - which will be ripped out, installing egress windows in the basement, we've bought a new washer/dryer, a couple of new chairs for the family room, and have found a builder to construct a new small porch over the front door. So - lots of things going on, and lots of improvements.

Hmmm. Had a break between the paragraph above this one and now, and in that time we got back Tim's biopsy results. Not cancerous, but not fully benign either. Sarcoidosis lesions that are in the process of turning malignant. They both need to be excised and he'll move to 6 monthly appointments. Makes me rather more curious to see the results of his lung biopsies....

@MamaBee - I've scrolled and scrolled and, while I can see the post where you share you got the house, I can't find anything before that where you describe it! Do you love it? Does it hit all boxes? Feel free to email me if you'd rather not discuss details in a public forum - I am your girl when it comes to discussing real estate! How is your BP going? I'm thinking of you.

@Austina - thank you for always thinking of me. Believe me when I tell you - I have been thinking of your car!! I read your most recent update from Kia (if you could call it that - I mean - can you call a company saying the same thing 50 times over an 'update'??). Hoping all your rain stands you in good stead as summer progresses!

@missy - your ice cream shots continue to warm my soul and delight my eyes!! One day, my friend, one day! I've been holding things together a little better since our conversation, tho today's results are rather ominous seen in the context of now-stage-4 sarcoidosis. However - I was so glad to hear you're cycling today - what makes you happy makes me happy. And that photo from Mother's Day was SPECTACULAR!

@canuk-gal - I'm glad you had a happy time over Mother's Day weekend! Japanese food is always a bonus! And I'm glad work is settling down. How many days a week are you working now? I know you were trying to cut down - or at least keep your number of shifts under control; has that been staying to plan?

Speaking of people who plan not to overwork, and yet....

How are things going, @marcy? I'm glad you got to have lunch with your friend, despite her being late. And how is your thumb today? Joints and aging are, in my experience, a bad combination! I'm glad your wrist is feeling a bit better, but am hoping you get to ditch the brace very soon!

@springerspaniel - Did Freddy and Clyde give you breakfast in bed like good fur babies? I hope they acknowledged the efforts you make! Also - how is your job going? Do you continue to enjoy it? I really hope it's turning out to be all you wanted.

@bling_dream19 - did you spend Mother's Day with your mom? I hope the day was wonderful and that you had a lovely weekend! I'm planning to give you a call shortly - we have bling things to discuss!!

To everyone else - wishing you a terrific Tuesday and all good thoughts for a wonderful week! Please pray for my boy; both he and I could do with your warm thoughts where his health is concerned right now.

Much love and NIRDI shout out! <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Wonderful Wednesday!

@mrs-b you never have to apologize OK? We are always here for you. NO matter what. And posting should never feel like an obligation. We love you and support you always. And continuing healing vibes to Ballin, Tim and you. Biggest hugs and so much love

@Austina sigh I am sorry the car saga continues. Are they kidding? OMG. Yes modern tech is great. I love Zoom now lol. Still prefer phone calls without zoom but zoom has its place. Nice update for your friends and their house sale. Hope you like your new mouth guard and yes for a good weekend. And lots of rain...no more drought situation. Whew.

@marcy hope you are not working too hard. My grandfather was like you in that he never retired. He enjoyed working til the end. He was semi retired as a CPA and he still had clients flying in to see him from all over the country and world. He worked in his home office for over 6 decades.

@canuk-gal hope work is not too hectic and all is going smoothly

@bling_dream19 happy wonderful Wednesday girl

@Slickk happy hump day...when is summer vacation starting? Soon right? I mean in June sometime...I am sure you are excited

Hi everyone else. We had a great cycling day yesterday. So warm. Today the temps have dropped 20 plus degrees and it is super windy. Still cycling today but it will be more challenging with 25 mph winds. Must get the energy up to do this lol

Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 6.45.46 AM.png

Have a great day. May it be wonderful and sweet and only good things

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -

Tim and I went out to breakfast this morning then came home and went for a walk. What a PERFECT way to start a day! Temps here were in the low 50's this morning, breezy, with an utterly cloudless sky. So beautiful! We'll go for another walk later on today and just enjoy this spectacular weather.

Enjoy your cycling!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results