carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy birthday @rainwood, hope you’re having a lovely day and getting spoilt rotten!

Hope you enjoyed your ride @missy, it started off raining here but cleared up to a beautiful, sunny afternoon.

Sooooooo, the never ending saga rumbles on!!!! Honestly, we just don’t know what to do. They’re now saying that they have a transmission in and are installing it today, hopefully ready tomorrow afternoon.

We went to the Lexus dealer today, to look at the RX 350. It’s had a complete overhaul and looks very impressive. What would you do? The choice is to keep the Sorento and hope nothing else goes wrong, or take a big hit, get rid of it and get the Lexus. Theorhetically, the Kia should be like a new car, but we’ve lost confidence in the brand and the garage, it’s far away if we ever need anything else done, they don’t offer loaners, so not convenient. The Lexus dealer is closer, they have good residuals, they offer loaners and we’d be starting with another brand new car.

I’m genuinely interested in your thoughts, so all opinions welcome.

We then went out to lunch, before coming home and reading up about the Lexus.

Big love and hugs to you all.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina just a quick comment to say we LOVE our Lexus RX 350. Cannot recommend it enough. Drives so smoothly and comfortably and super reliable

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Busy morning so just a hello and wishing you all a lovely day.

@Austina so sorry about the car and hope that gets resolved soon. It's ludicrous you are dealing with this for so long

@marcy hope your wrist is feeling much better today

@Slickk it's Wednesday already wow...hope the week is going smoothly

@bling_dream19 happy hump day lol

@canuk-gal you and your dh and family remain in my thoughts. Sending you gentle hugs and much love

@springerspaniel as promised here's a photo of "our" tree...we went past it yesterday and I took this photo for you

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 7.07.18 AM.png

Hi everyone else. We are going cycling today before the rain comes in... hopefully at least we will miss the rain.
Yesterday we went hiking and it was cool but nice.

Have a wonderful wednesday all. XOXO.
And @rainwood HAPPY BIRTHDAY girlfriend!!!!!!!
This is for you!!! Princess Gracie sends all her furry love and purrs to her Auntie Rainwood on this auspicious day

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 7.09.49 AM.png

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was great to talk to you.

Hi to all. I wish I had the ability to participate more with the NIRDIS. I admire everyone's involvement and consistency here, but can't seem to swing much more than the occasional pop-in.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy birthday @rainwood, hope you’re having a lovely day and getting spoilt rotten!

Hope you enjoyed your ride @missy, it started off raining here but cleared up to a beautiful, sunny afternoon.

Sooooooo, the never ending saga rumbles on!!!! Honestly, we just don’t know what to do. They’re now saying that they have a transmission in and are installing it today, hopefully ready tomorrow afternoon.

We went to the Lexus dealer today, to look at the RX 350. It’s had a complete overhaul and looks very impressive. What would you do? The choice is to keep the Sorento and hope nothing else goes wrong, or take a big hit, get rid of it and get the Lexus. Theorhetically, the Kia should be like a new car, but we’ve lost confidence in the brand and the garage, it’s far away if we ever need anything else done, they don’t offer loaners, so not convenient. The Lexus dealer is closer, they have good residuals, they offer loaners and we’d be starting with another brand new car.

I’m genuinely interested in your thoughts, so all opinions welcome.

We then went out to lunch, before coming home and reading up about the Lexus.

Big love and hugs to you all.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. Me and Carol Burnett. It's a beautiful, sunny day. I can't believe how old I've gotten, but much prefer it to not having a birthday.

And if you can swing it, I'd recommend ditching the Kia and seeing if you can get your money back under the lemon law. You're never going to feel comfortable driving it, given it's short, unfortunate history.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy terrific Thursday!
We enjoyed cycling yesterday despite a brief interlude with rain showers as we were cycling. That was not welcome lol but it wasn't terrible and we have been in worse conditions lol. Today I think we are cycling again despite a 30% chance of rain. What can I say? We live on the edge (not haha).

@rainwood I am glad you had a good birthday and as always it's wonderful to chat with you. I agree completely that it is preferable to have birthdays rather than not lol.

@Austina hope whatever decision you make you are pleased with and that you have no more car issues

@bling_dream19 girl, you are in my thoughts as always and thank you for your support and friendship

@Slickk big hugs to Bear and you

@marcy hope all is going well and no more numbness i

@canuk-gal keeping your family in my thoughts at this very difficult time

@mrs-b hope you and Tim are well...thinking of you

Hi everyone else. We had a good day yesterday and today is another chilly one with rain chance. But we are going cycling anyway. I hope you all have a terrific Thursday. Sending hugs and love

We had the boardwalk all to ourselves yesterday

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 7.17.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-27 at 7.18.13 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I get what you mean about “work through it” or not. I am still concerned the thumb had a fracture in it. I tried two rows on mini-me #2 the other night and it really flared it up again. I need to do the dead lifts for my knees and that doesn’t seem to hurt it. I MAY have to break down and return to the doctor. Beautiful picture with the tree in the foreground and hi to mischievous Gracie. She looks so sweet in the picture. And most of the trees in Wyoming look like that - darn wind. It’s blowing like crazy right now. And the dock picture - sunrise? - is GORGEOUS. That’s a picture-perfect postcard. I need to quit working so much and get outside and take pictures. Of course our weather isn’t cooperating much there.

@Austina I am not pushing up my numbers for pressing or rows, but dead lifting doesn’t seem to pull on my thumb and it’ll help my knees. I am trying to balance between being careful and but working on getting better. The ROM is still fine, just the thumb and the numbness. It lessons as soon as I move to a different position. Glad you got home safely, I am not a fan of driving in the dark in an area I’m not familiar with. Having a VIP spot at the competition is perfect. Yes, Marty has that advantage of seeing over people. As for the car, what I’d do is get something else. It’s like my 2010 A6, I finally decided it was snake bit (not mechanical or dealer related - other things) and I traded that sucker in a flash. It’s important to have confidence in your car, that it’ll be reliable and get you safely where you want to go. The Kia is costing you time (and money for a rental) so IMO it’s a loss already and maybe a gamble to keep it. I like the idea of the Lexus dealer being close and they have loaners. And isn’t Lexus a Toyota company? Those cars run FOREVER! My aunt always had Lexus and she loved them. The ones we test drove were fabulous, Marty just didn’t like the ones we drove because they weren’t fast enough (not that you can’t get them that way). So my vote is get something new. And by the way, I am an enabler. And I’d still try to pursue Kia on a lemon law, if nothing else try to get reimbursed for the money you spent on car rentals.

Happy birthday @rainwood

Thinking of you and your family @canuk-gal

Not much new with me. Just working, picking on Marty and goofing off a bit when I can. I did dead lift 60 pounds yesterday. I’m back up to the “big” bar.

We have our astronomy meeting tonight. I made (bad) podcasts to play so I can enjoy the meeting too. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’m glad you’re not pushing it too much @marcy, and I understand about keeping on top of your fitness, just concerned about the numbness. Please do speak to the Doc if it persists, if only to put your mind at rest.

Thanks for the photos @missy, wow, that’s some view!

Keeping you in my thoughts @canuk-gal.

You won’t be surprised to hear that I’ve heard nothing from the garage today to say the car’s ready :roll2:

@rainwood @missy @marcy thank you for your thoughts, it does help. We’ve decided IF we get a good enough offer for the car, then we’ll trade it a.s.a.p. but we’re not prepared to give it away, as the hit will be pretty substantial. We’ll also ask Kia if they’ll buy it back, and we have a figure in mind that we’re prepared to accept, but not lower. We’d keep it for a bit longer if that’s the case, as the value won’t decrease substantially in a few months. Fingers crossed we’ll get a good offer and can just go ahead and do it.

Lovely day here today, we’ve been busy in the garden, replacing some dead plants, and pulling lots and lots of weeds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy FriYAY!!! Lots happening this morning so just a quick good morning to all.

@marcy ugh I hope not and that everything is A OK...no fractures! Fingers crossed for you. Hope you had a great astronomy meeting last night

@Austina good luck...hope everything works out and you can get the car you want. It seems Kia has terrible customer service. Lexus would NEVER let this go on and on and they would have made it right from the get go. We have only had Lexus cars and they never disappoint

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well

We managed to go cycling yesterday despite a hectic work schedule for Greg and dodgy weather. We saw our furry and human friends and it was a good day. Today we are running errands and hiking if time permits. Rain for the foreseeable future but we will make the best of it as we always do. Wishing you all a happy friYAY!!!

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 7.49.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 7.50.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 7.53.15 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning from Maryland! I know I don’t post as often but I do check up to see how everyone is doing. My life is so mundane and busy so I have nothing interesting to comment on!
@missy It’s raining here..hopefully you are spared so you can get out hiking.
I looked up grade one diastolic dysfunction..I swear I look up more stuff because of you..I wish it wasn’t the case. It looks like it may be a very benign thing that shows up when you get older. I know you’re still a baby but hopefully that’s all it is. I’m glad you don’t have to take blood pressure meds..I’m totally off mine..I was on them for twenty or so years. I realized I went on them when my mom came to live with me..When she moved into the nursing home and past the stage where I worried about her broken pelvis in rehab where I had to get another med added…my blood pressure has been slowly coming down. If I do get excited or very nervous then it can spike..but supposedly that's normal because it comes down on its own. I also have White Coat Hypertension..It’s even in my chart!
I forgot the pug‘s name but boy does she look like she is in bliss when Greg holds her!:lol: She’s so cute..When Chris broke his leg I had to help him walk a friend’s dog. She was also a pug. Chris said she was afraid of everyone and wouldn’t let me near her. For some reason she liked me and would like me to give her kisses and hugs..My son’s mouth would hang open. I have a pic of it somewhere..This about eight years ago so I don’t look anything like the photo now. Once I hit sixty I started aging like a horror movie!:lol:
Princess Gracie is a sweetie! I have to post a pic of my grand kitty Smokie.
I got my #2 Bivalent vaccine two days ago..Shatzie didn’t..

FA562F12-B988-4856-9397-6FDB7D2037AE.jpeg
EC11ADF1-A33B-484D-B9A0-656BC768217A.jpeg

@Austina You and Colin have more patience than S and I would have about your car. I hope you get a good offer on it so you can let it go. You will get much better service and care at a Lexus dealer.
@canuk-gal How’s your husband doing? It must be so devastating..Big hugs to your hubby..and you too..
@marcy I hope your wrist checks out okay. It would
be a good idea to make sure it’s healing properly. I’m in amazement that you can lift the amount of weight you do. I lift grocery bags and my lower back and shoulder goes out.
@bling_dream19 Have you been down to the shore? I know you saw Missy there once. I think you have family there? That would be bliss. David asked to go to Cape May for his birthday present. We’re going to wait until the end of June so the water will be warm enough. We’ll rent a little house so we don’t have to be in a hotel.
I may return that bracelet from Costco. I am torn though. The style is so similar to my thrift store diamond bracelet. It definitely is whiter and sparkles more..It’s just so similar in style that I feel like I didn’t get a new bracelet. I’m thinking if getting a different version of a tennis bracelet. David still has my “good” bezel bracelet. He’s adding milgrain. I have that bracelet almost thirty years…Those diamonds still mesmerize me. The Costco one just may be too slim. Like I said…..I’m really torn.
I hope you are doing well and happy..
My post is getting weird so I don’t want to lose this..ugh..
Hi to everyone else! XOXO

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Maryland! I know I don’t post as often but I do check up to see how everyone is doing. My life is so mundane and busy so I have nothing interesting to comment on!
@missy It’s raining here..hopefully you are spared so you can get out hiking.
I looked up grade one diastolic dysfunction..I swear I look up more stuff because of you..I wish it wasn’t the case. It looks like it may be a very benign thing that shows up when you get older. I know you’re still a baby but hopefully that’s all it is. I’m glad you don’t have to take blood pressure meds..I’m totally off mine..I was on them for twenty or so years. I realized I went on them when my mom came to live with me..When she moved into the nursing home and past the stage where I worried about her broken pelvis in rehab where I had tI get yet another med added…my blood pressure has been slowly coming down. If I do get excited or very nervous then it can spike..but supposedly that's normal because it comes down on its own. I also have White Coat Hypertension..It’s even in my chart!
I forgot the pug‘s name but boy does she look like she is in bliss when Greg holds her!:lol: She’s so cute..When Chris broke his leg I had to help him walk a friend’s dog. She was also a pug. Chris said she was afraid of everyone and wouldn’t let me near her. For some reason she liked me and would like me to give her kisses and hugs..My son’s mouth would hang open. I have a pic of it somewhere..This about eight years ago so I don’t look anything like the photo now. Once I hit sixty I started aging like a horror movie!:lol:
Princess Gracie is a sweetie! I have to post a pic of my grand kitty Smokie.
I got my #2 Bivalent vaccine two days ago..Shatzie didn’t..

FA562F12-B988-4856-9397-6FDB7D2037AE.jpeg
EC11ADF1-A33B-484D-B9A0-656BC768217A.jpeg

@Austina You and Colin have more patience than S and I would have about your car. I hope you get a good offer on it so you can let it go. You will get much better service and care at a Lexus dealer.
@canuk-gal How’s your husband doing? It must be so devastating..Big hugs to your hubby..and you too..
@marcy I hope your wrist checks out okay. It would
be a good idea to make sure it’s healing properly. I’m in amazement that you can lift the amount of weight you do. I lift grocery bags and my lower back and shoulder goes out.
@bling_dream19 Have you been down to the shore? I know you saw Missy there once. I think you have family there? That would be bliss. David asked to go to Cape May for his birthday present. We’re going to wait until the end of June so the water will be warm enough. We’ll rent a little house so we don’t have to be in a hotel.
I may return that bracelet from Costco. I am torn though. The style is so similar to my thrift store diamond bracelet. It definitely is whiter and sparkles more..It’s just so similar in style that I feel like I didn’t get a new bracelet. I’m thinking if getting a different version of a tennis bracelet. David still had my “good” bezel bracelet. He’s adding milgrain. I have that bracelet almost thirty years…Those diamonds still mesmerize me. The Costco one just may be too slim. Like it said…..I’m really torn.
I hope you are doing well and happy..
My post is getting weird so I don’t want to lose this..ugh..
Hi to everyone else! XOXO

Aww thanks Joanne. You’re the best. Yeah I’m sort of in the young category for grade 1 diastolic dysfunction which is why the nephrologist is concerned. Sigh.
Her name is Jenny. She’s a Boston terrier. She is in bliss with Greg holding her lol

Awww love those photos. ♥️♥️♥️ Both of you are so gorgeous ♥️
Good luck..I hope you have zero adverse effects from the vaccine!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks Joanne. You’re the best. Yeah I’m sort of in the young category for grade 1 diastolic dysfunction which is why the nephrologist is concerned. Sigh.
Her name is Jenny. She’s a Boston terrier. She is in bliss with Greg holding her lol

Awww love those photos. ♥️♥️♥️ Both of you are so gorgeous ♥️
Good luck..I hope you have zero adverse effects from the vaccine!

Thanks Missy but I look like I aged twenty years since those photos..She would make these little grunt sounds when I would kiss her. I got really attached to her..❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Missy but I look like I aged twenty years since those photos..She would make these little grunt sounds when I would kiss her. I got really attached to her..❤️
Ooh. Is the dog I’m holding a pug or a Boston terrier? Haha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Honestly @MamaBee it’s not a question of being patient, we’ve got no choice. I’ve contacted my case manager and told her I’ve heard nothing from the garage, I’ve messaged and left voice mails, and they haven’t got back to me. So much for the car being ready yesterday :roll2: I hear you about feeling that the last few years have taken a toll, I look in the mirror and think I look so much older. You look stunning! I love the size of the Costco tennis bracelet, not that I’m trying to enable you:liar:

Greg really looks like he wants a dog @missy :lol: I know you can’t ATM because of the cats (and other factors), but he’s a natural Dog Dad. Boo to the rain, it’s lovely here, although we had a tornado warning earlier in the weeko_O The only upside to all the rain we’ve had lately is that we’re no longer in Stage 4 Drought, and have fallen back to Stage 3.

You won’t be in the least bit surprised to hear I’ve heard NOTHING from the garage, so still don’t know when the car will be ready. I’m going to have to extend the hire car rental.

We spent a couple of hours this morning weeding the garden, honestly the new grass is full of weeds, huge stinging nettles, crab grass and all sorts of other junk. Fortunately because of all the rain, the ground is soft so they’re coming out without too much of a struggle. I dead headed the roses too. The new roses I put in have got lots of new growth, so we should be in for a bumper display.

Nothing much planned for the w/e, more weeding and FT T & J on Sunday. After getting a buyer quickly for their house, it fell through on Wednesday, so they’re back to square one.

Have a great weekend lovely NIRDIs, sending love and hugs to you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!!! Happy Caturday Saturday!!!

@canuk-gal how are you and your DH doing? Keeping you both in my thoughts

@Austina it is maddening. Is there no legal recourse you could take? Lemon law? This is utterly ludicrous and I am sorry you are going through this ordeal. Hope there is a (good) end in sight. Yes I am the one who wants a dog but honestly it would be too much on our plates at least for now...maybe one day. Definitely not while our sweet elderly cat is here. It would be way too stressful for him and also our other older cat.

@MamaBee that pug is just PRECIOUS. I adore their pushed in faces. Reminds me of boxers and I am over the moon with boxers. So handsome :kiss2:

@bling_dream19 happy weekend!

@Slickk omg speaking of cats and dogs it is raining cats and dogs here. I woke at 3AM and that was it for me. The pouring rain is so loud. Non stop. Hope you are having a good weekend despite the wet weather here or maybe better yet it isn't raining by you

@mrs-b have a wonderful weekend sweet friend

@marcy hope you are feeling good and no wrist pain. I hope you have a relaxing weekend

Hi everyone else. Yesterday we ran errands again and wow the day went so fast. Tomorrow is my dad's 89th birthday. We already celebrated with them and luckily so because this weekend weather is rough and I wouldn't want to travel under these conditions.

Not sure of our plans today as it is going to be rain rain rain all day probably with thunderstorms which are not my favorite. They scare me. LOL. Whatever your plans I wish you all a lovely and wonderful fun weekend. Sending love and hugs and all good things your way. XOXO

deerjerseyshore.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! It will be a rainy day today..but we’re going to an open house. We said no to this house from just the photos..but we decided to check it out during the open house. It’s hard not to compare to the house in Pa we already have..and the house we recently lost. There’s just no inventory. If for any crazy reason we say yes to this house..I would have to replace most of the kitchen..
all of the bathrooms, etc. The dining room looks small..We’ll go look..Then we’ll drive around areas my husband said no to off the bat. He’s the picky area person. I don’t care if there’s a little house next to ours. As long as it’s well kept…We’re not going to be selling this house later..unless we get so old we can’t do stairs. I’m rambling..This has not been fun.
Have a good day today!
I had to edit..I want to adopt that cute fella @missy!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

How did the open house go @MamaBee? The whole house buying process is very stressful, and would you believe, it’s even more complicated in the UK. Fingers crossed you find something you fall in love with and it all goes ahead.

I hope your Dad has a very happy birthday tomorrow @missy, what a grand age he’s reached! Sorry it’s raining there, we had a storm yesterday evening, I think this has to be the wettest period ever here. It’s lovely here today, windy, but bright and warm.

I would say you’re not going to believe this, but I know you will! :roll2: I finally managed to speak to someone at the dealership today, and guess what? They’ve fitted the new transmission, and it doesn’t work:x2 That’s sealed our decision to get rid and get the Lexus. Colin said we could buy it now, but I would rather deal with one thing at a time. ATM @missy, we have to wait for 30 days after they receive the letter before invoking the Lemon Law, so technically, although they‘ve had the car 5 weeks, the letter didn’t reach them till the 11th of April. We’ve just extended the rental car for another week, because at this rate, it’s highly doubtful the car will be fixed next week. So say I’m sick to the back teeth with this would be an understatement.

Hope you’re all enjoying a lovely weekend. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Austina what you've had to put up with regarding the KIA can only be consider a huge load of BS! There isn't any delicate way to put it--I might have said something else but this is a family forum!!!!! Ditch that $#%&&*!

@missy well we were out on our bikes here at home today--20C but windy. No matter my Northface Gortex jacket/windbreraker always sees me through. Glad we got a pedal in---and my DH needs his ice cream!!!! Salted caramel. (I had a tiny bite as I had a gorgeous lunch out with friends and there was no room left.....). A lovely lady came up to me to chat--she said cycling and ice cream made them feel like a kids again. I agreed!!!! We'd all like to return to those carefree days!!! Happy Birthday to your sweet pops!!! Thank you for thinking for us--my DH has to make family phone calls....but can only do two at a time.

@marcy I picked up a couple of shifts this week--you still working 5D/week? After I press the "yes" to pick up a shift button , I usually regret it. LOL

@MamaBee keep up the good house hunt! Your dream house is around the corner. I just know it.

@rainwood hope you had a lovely birthday! Nice to see you here.

@Calliecake how is your weather? Things greening up? Things looks mostly brown here....LOL, but it will come. One always wonders what survives our often unforgiving cold winter temps.

I see there is a big gouge in my hardwood. Luggage!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;( How can I make it beautiful again? Must be a filler of some sort.

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina..I’m sorry about your car! I am happy you are going to get the Lexus. The car and service will be night and day. I do understand wanting to handle one thing at a time.

We just got back to Maryland. We drove to Virginia in time for the open house. It’s a very nice house..I can’t say I love it..I’m starting to feel like I could settle. My son and family live five minutes from there but I didn’t want to let them know we were in the area..They have a lot going on the weekends..After we saw the house I did call to ask them if they could pop over to give an opinion. They liked the house..but could tell I wasn’t in love with it. They didn’t want us to settle. We will take the chance and wait until the end of May to see if anything else pops up. The realtor said it’s a very slow market..If something doesn’t come up by the end of May..nothing will most likely come up until next year! :oops2: If the house we saw today sells..I won’t be heartbroken..but I hope it sticks around. I would have to redo the kitchen..cabinets, counters, appliances, etc..I did it once..I have one more kitchen in me..haha The master bathroom would also need to be totally redone. Of course, we would paint everything and have a grout person come to freshen up areas of tile that we would keep. This is all to say it will still be available. My daughter-in-law doesn’t think it will stay on the market too long. I hope another one comes along that I love…sigh..

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Sunday!

@MamaBee I am inclined to say do not settle. I mean yes while perfect is the enemy of good enough is the house you just saw "good enough" is the question. Doesn't sound like it. Do not let the market dictate giving up. The right house will come along. If you are in a super rush then you might have to settle but are you in a huge rush? If not, wait. My .02¢

@canuk-gal aww perfect blissful day cycling and then enjoying ice cream. Salted caramel yummm. And i agree it keeps us young. It's been two days and I am missing cycling darn rain. Glad you got to enjoy cycling and keep on cycling girlfriend. It is blissful as can be. I am keeping you and your dh in my thoughts every single day and sending gentle hugs. Life is hard and tragic and makes no sense at times and I wish it were different. It all goes too fast. Savor each moment and cherish our loved ones is the best anyone of us can do. ((((Hugs)))))

@Austina you will LOVE Lexus. Their customer service is top notch in every way. I am super picky and have never had any issue with Lexus. Their cars and customer service A#1 in all ways, Wishing you much happiness with your soon to be new Lexus

@bling_dream19 happy Sunday sweet sister

@Slickk hope you're having a super sunday and wonderful weekend. It rained here all day yesterday and today as well. Hope you are making the best of it

@springerspaniel happy weekend and hugs to your sweet furry babies

Hey @marcy hope the weekend is going well

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well
Yesterday it rained all day. We went out to get white petunias for spring planting when our white tulips die. I have a white theme going for our garden. Not Greg's choice but he agreed to make my vision happen :)

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 6.43.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 6.43.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 6.43.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 6.43.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 6.44.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 6.44.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 6.44.29 AM.png

Today not sure of our plans...another very wet windy day. Hello spring
Enjoy your Sunday lovely ladies no matter how you spend it...big hugs and much love

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My youngest niece is a track star by the way. She keeps winning all her track meets. My sister and I cannot figure out where she gets her athleticism from because literally no one in our family is athletic. Including my niece's dad lol. But this girl is amazing. She is a gymnastics star and a track star too. She is good at any sport she does

Sharing her win from Friday night. In the rain. They never cancel for rain unless there is thunder and lightning

Screen Shot 2023-04-30 at 6.51.10 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina I hope Kia steps up you get compensated handsomely with the lemon law. What an ordeal this has been for you. I will probably need to see my doctor soon to renew my BP pills, so I’ll mention to him about my numbness. I keep trying to pinpoint it, but it’s hard. I think it’s elbow related, but can’t be sure. It woke me up several times again last night. That’s great the rain has helped the drought there. We are still in severe drought here. It’s nice the rain is making pulling weeds easier. That is too bad the new grass has so many. Can you get it sprayed since it’s new grass? That is too bad your friend’s house sale fell through. Hopefully, another offer will come along.

@missy happy birthday to your dear Dad. That’s wonderful you visit with your human and furry friends on your outing. And as always, your pictures are awesome. I don’t think I have another break, but my medical degree is sketchy at best. And look at all those beautiful flowers! I will be planing ours in about 5-6 weeks. I think some of our trees do have little buds on them. I know I’m sneezing already so it’s possible a spring teaser is showing up here. That is so awesome your niece is a track star. It looks like she’s really moving there in the picture.

@MamaBee I am with you on the white coat hypertension - I’ve had that forever. That’s wonderful you are off your BP meds. I wonder if I’ll get off them too. With reduced weight and stress, other than unusual circumstances, it’s in the low end and heart beat is below 60 many times. It’s not like I’m a skinny, super athlete. Love your picture with your sweet fur baby. Sounds like you are not entirely in love with your Costco bracelet. If it’s in the return period, I’d probably take it back. Those kind of things end up staying in my jewelry box. I dead lifted 65 pounds today. Presses and rows aren’t coming back up as easy, but the dead lifts are what should help my bad knees get a bit stronger again. Darn the open house didn’t have what you wanted but it sounds like it could be that with a makeover. That is strange the market is slow there in the summer. Probably because of our weather, things move well from about now until school starts in the fall.

@canuk-gal hugs to your DH making those difficult phone calls. I’ve been thinking of all of you. That’s nice you got to go cycling and your DH enjoyed some delicious ice cream. I had a bowl myself today. Darn you regret hitting to button to pick up some shifts at work. I did win $3 today on a lotto ticket (we are slowly getting there) and Marty thought he’d quit his job tomorrow. Ha! Yes, I am still working 5+ days a week. I put in quite a few hours this weekend trying to get a 2 minute podcast done. Sorry you have a dent in your hardwood floor. They do have a filler you can get to match but I’ve had it get mopped out of the dent before. It generally works well.

My weekend was spend confirming I don't want to be a podcaster! Wow, I have a newfound respect for podcasters. I bet this two minute podcast took me 12 hours. Between finding and getting the software, the sound board and mic set up, learning how to use the darn software (and I'm still learning). Googling many "issues" I didn't know how to fix and then not being able to make it through the podcast without saying something wrong. I am sure you can just do it correctly and then cut that segment out, but that's for someone with more experience than I have. And get this, earlier, I made it through the script once - perfectly - and I hadn't turned the sound board on. Grr!!!!!

I did snag a picture of the moon this evening when I noticed it out in the blue sky. It's with my new lens. Yay! I finally took a few pictures with it.

We had some friends over for dinner last night. At least this time we didn't consume a bottle of wine each. It was more like 3/4 of a bottle each. I made chocolate chip cookies and Marty grilled pichania, ribeyes and filets. It was a carnivore feast and our friends brought two bottles of wine named carnivore. Ha Ha. We also had baked potatoes, fruit and salad. Today Marty got rid of his stack of boxes and still has to get rid of the mattress that was in the RV. We went out for a late lunch. Then I tackled my podcast one more time and finally got it done.

It was nice here today but had a chilly breeze. Almost spring-like.

Take care,
Marcy

Waxing gibbous 4-30-23.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy marvelous Monday!

@bling_dream19 have a wonderful week

@Slickk it's almost summer vacation except the weather feels like winter...brrr. Have a great week

@marcy great photo of the moon. I hear you about the spring allergies. Yup, except they sort of last all year long now for me lol. Glad you had a good time with friends at dinner last night and yummmmm chocolate chip cookies

@canuk-gal hope all is going as well as possible and keeping you in my thoughts and sending gentle hugs

@MamaBee do you have any other possible homes to look at soon?

@Austina hopefully soon this ordeal with the car will be over and believe me it will be night and day difference Lexus vs Kia

Hi everyone else. It is a cold chilly windy day but yes you guessed it...we are probably going cycling especially because the rest of the week is rain predicted daily. It sure is Spring in the NE

Have a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. Sending love and hugs to my friends here XOXO

Leaving you with this photo...yesterday was my dad's 89th birthday and this photo popped up from 2016

Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 6.46.28 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
****** Update!***** The buyers won’t be able to purchase the house we lost because the guy lost his job. I feel so bad for them but we were offered to put in a bid. The sellers will review all bids at 12 noon on Friday. We offered way over asking price..Please cross all fingers and toes! I poured myself a large glass of wine! Hahaha

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are experiencing very warm temps and I love it!!!!! Have been out cycling and my family is eating ice cream!! LOL. Our favorite place was packed with people wanting ice cream! Tire swaps this week and I work two days. waaaa

@MamaBee hope you get your house!! Is it an expectation that one must overbid? Why not just price the house higher to begin with.......

@missy you guys prolly need the rain......and your niece looks like she won!

@marcy nice to have friends over for dinner.....

@Austina good luck with your car wars. What a business.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy stupid allergies. Mine are year-round too but spring and fall are worse for me too. My new nickname should be Sneezy instead of Curby. Good idea to cycle before the rain moves in. I hope your Dad had a wonderful birthday.

@MamaBee good luck on the offer for the house. I’d be having wine too. Mega dust coming your way.

@canuk-gal nice to be out riding and enjoying ice cream. That’s having a good time. Darn for working two days this week.

@Austina I hope you got some news on your car.

My boss loved my podcast - I guess I’m a podcaster now. Oh oh. I started a second one today. It should only be a few a month. I need to learn the editing software. I am sure I can figure it out.

I am starting to think my numbness is carpal tunnel syndrome. It totally makes sense and that is right where my bone broke. And it’s worse at night and goes away when I start moving my arm and hand around. And sadly, it keeps going “yo Marcy” while I’m trying to sleep. Phooey. I’ll look for some more medical “advice” via Google. I’m sure it’ll be helpful. NOT!!

A friend came over for lunch and cards today. We Door Dashed our lunch. It’s pretty nice here and only breezy. I’m worried there is a swarm of locust looming over the horizon.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@canuk-gal It’s just that there is such low inventory. It’s over the estimate of what it’s worth..In my mind..it’s worth what you’re willing to pay. If they don’t take this offer then it’s beyond ridiculous. The offer is $205k over asking. I wouldn’t have to redo the kitchen or any bathroom updates. I would just have to install a double oven, paint, and refinish the floors. Everything else is perfect. That’s worth going over if you factor in what it would cost to redo the kitchen and bathrooms. This is it though. We’ll walk away if they don’t accept it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @MamaBee everything crossed that it all works out for you. I always think if it’s meant to be, it will be.

Yay to good weather @canuk-gal, and getting out to cycle and ice cream. Boo to working 2 days this week.

Your nieces are very accomplished young ladies @missy! Like you, the athletic gene didn’t run in our family either :lol: Boo to the rain coming in, it was a beautiful day here today, not too hot, and not too windy either.

Get you @marcy, you’ll be an influencer next :mrgreen:! Nice to be able to have some down time and play cards and order in.

Still no news on the car, the case has now been sent to an escalation manager. Whether that makes any difference who knows? I’m actually getting a headache over it all and I NEVER get headaches.

We spent a couple of hours gardening this morning, took out some dead plants and added some more roses and stones, then did some more wedding on the grass.

We plan on getting up early and get the garden work done first thing when it’s cool enough, so we can enjoy a quiet afternoon in the pool.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy terrific Tuesday!!

@marcy hope all is going smoothly and boo to allergies. I agree they are stupid and annoying too. And all of a sudden happen...I could be fine all day and then BAM in an instant start sneezing and having issues breathing...it's nuts...hope you are having a good week..speaking of good week...

@MamaBee WOOHOO!!!!! I KNEW it!!!! I just KNEW it!!! I felt that house was YOURS! OMG Jumping up and down and it is too early for that here lol. Please keep us posted...so so excited for you girl!!!

@canuk-gal well we got plenty of that over the weekend...when we were cycling yesterday there was flooding all over and unfortunately our good friends here got flooded in their basement. Oy to the vey...hope all is going well with you and keeping you in my thoughts

@bling_dream19 hope your week is off to a wonderful start

@Slickk hope you and the family are all doing well

@rainwood hope your week is going well. We are inundated with rain all week. Scattered showers if I am interpreting it correctly. Plus our temps are below normal...hope your weather is better than ours and you are enjoying a good week

@mrs-b hope all is well with you and Tim

@springerspaniel hope work is going well and your week smoothly

Hi everyone else. We went cycling yesterday and flooding was everywhere. Living at the coast has a special set of challenges. Luckily we did not flood but our neighbors did unfortunately. Their entire basement flooded to bits. We gave them our basement guys contact info. It is always something and usually multiple somethings right?

Today we have two medical appointments in the AM via Zoom and then we are planning on cycling in between the rain drops...we hope lol.

We enjoyed a sweet treat of ice cream yesterday during our cycling break
This is for you @mrs-b

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 6.01.51 AM.png

And we encountered a baby egret...never saw a baby before...sorry for the terrible photo but I got off the bike and she flew away so my photo was from very far after she landed again

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 6.02.09 AM.png

Have a terrific tuesday girls! Be well and enjoy...XOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone..I’m a wreck…@missy My blood pressure is spiking again. I came here to see what yours was when you said it also spiked. I hope yours is staying low..S told me to stop taking my blood pressure when I‘m nervous. Considering all the stuff I have on my plate right now..gum surgery…out of town relatives trying to visit my mom here…THE HOUSE…. :oops2: I guess I should stay away from taking it altogether..Mine has been good…except for today when I could actually feel myself getting worked up..I could feel myself trembling..Have you been taking yours?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results