shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all! David is soaking in the bathtub so I’m taking my chance to say hi..It’s been absolutely nuts. I do lots of reading and posting driving in the car in between trying to keep us in a lane when my husband is driving!

@Austina That’s such good news about your car. You really could have won a new car under the lemon law. You had things go wrong before and after you drove it home!
It would be so hard to foster a pet. I would get too attached. I think Colin is right. Would you consider getting another pet? We won’t because we’ll be moving at some point..selling our houses..When we actually move in it would be hard with a new pet. I was ready two years after Gordie but I can’t go through the heartache again like Bailey. If I was younger..maybe..
@missy I hope your blood pressure has been better. I also have white coat hypertension with myself! Haha It really scares me when mine spikes. If yours only does it occasionally there’s probably nothing to do but try to relax. That’s what I’ve been told. If you took blood pressure medicine with your regular numbers it would go too low. That’s not good either. Your pulse is raised because you’re nervous. Mine was below 60 but I don’t work out like you. It’s been raised lately but that’s when I’m looking at houses. That gets it into the normal range.
I LOVE your photos!
@marcy I‘m glad Marty is doing okay after your BIL‘s service. I also hate flying..When I flew to Europe I thought I would have a heart attack. I kept watching the flight attendants faces for any sign of distress..One time I flew to LA with my husband and David to see Scott. He was interning at a law office there. We were flying over Nevada when I heard a sound. I turned to my husband to say the engine sounded funny. He just laughed and rolled his eyes. Next thing I hear the pilot saying we lost an engine..We had to make an emergency landing. When we finally got on another plane and landed. I ordered a cocktail that knocked me on my keesta. My son and husband still laugh and tease me about it. I told them I was going to drive home from LA..There was no way I was getting on a plane! My reasoning ability kicked in later..My husband ordered me wine on the plane. I think I had two. I’ve never had alcohol on a plane before but there was no way I was going to make it through without it! :lol-2:
You and Marty are so funny..I love the “Short Queen”! Marty is much taller than you..Great photo!
@canuk-gal I know you are having a blast! Post lots of photos! I’ll never make it there!
@mrs-b Im glad your stress test is over and you did well. Hopefully your echo tomorrow will go smoothly..As I told you I hate medical tests of all kinds. We have to do them though..
@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well..enjoying your sparklies!
@Slickk How are you doing? Are you comfortable? I hope it heals very quickly..
Hi to everyone else..xxxoo
Well…Since we lost the house there hasn’t been any more coming up on the market. There actually were a few but they were ultra modern houses which were truly ugly to me. I passed on two houses before the house we lost. They are still sitting on the market..No one purchased them yet..They were so weird. The one I liked had multiple bids. We will have to offer significantly more than asking price if the comps say the house is listed on the lower end. It looks like houses will start to ramp up after Easter…It’s like waiting for a baby. Shoes and bags are by the door ready to fly..Not really but it must feel like it to my husband who has called me a drill sargeant. I have a mental list in my head to get us out the door..:lol:

David and I are heading out to Brusters for ice cream and Homegoods. He’s been patient waiting for me to finish this!

Hugs to all!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aloha:

Went to Tiffany today....LOL. Tried on a yellow diamond Soleste cushion necklace and a cushion solitaire necklace. Fancy yellows. Gorgeous but both flipped immediately. Inquired about earrings in yellows, not any in store but a decent selection on the mainland. @marcy hurry up with that Lotto win!

Had a pina colada and a lobster roll at Tommy Bahamas for lunch. YUM!

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aloha:

Went to Tiffany today....LOL. Tried on a yellow diamond Soleste cushion necklace and a cushion solitaire necklace. Fancy yellows. Gorgeous but both flipped immediately. Inquired about earrings in yellows, not any in store but a decent selection on the mainland. @marcy hurry up with that Lotto win!

Had a pina colada and a lobster roll at Tommy Bahamas for lunch. YUM!

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

It sounds like you’re having fun!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy terrific Tuesday!!!!
Speaking of ice cream...this is for you @mrs-b and for anyone else who wants some delicious ice cream...yummm

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 6.28.35 AM.png

@MamaBee hope yours was just as delicious and I am sorry about the house hunt but confident you will find your dream home very soon

@mrs-b love that photo of Tim with your sweet furry baby.

@canuk-gal shop on girl and enjoy the gorgeous weather and beach and sea...nothing better

@Austina thank you and yes...today is another gorgeous day to go cycling and we cannot wait...hope your car is ready very soon

@bling_dream19 hope all is well and you are having a good week and had a wonderful Easter weekend

@Slickk I guess you are back at school and I hope everything is going smoothly for you

@marcy hope your week is going well and you and Marty are enjoying decent weather...I know spring comes for you sometime in August hahaha...JK...hoping you are both doing well and recuperating after the stressful but successful trip

Hi everyone else. Cycling yesterday was great and looking forward to a repeat of that today. Tomorrow we have two super early endocrinologist appts in the city so ugh not looking forward to that at ALL. But one day at a time right? Have a terrific Tuesday all...be well and enjoy. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 6.35.57 AM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - have you ever considered adopting a senior? Older dogs are most likely to be dumped and least likely to be adopted. Yet they're the most loving, grateful creatures, and they tend to be far less work. Most of them, having been mistreated or abandoned, just want to stay close to their family, and there's a lot of being shadowed and having a dog laying at your feet when you adopt an older dog.

English setters of the field / hunting variety are prolific in the southern states, and are often dumped when they get too old to spend whole days in the fields, hunting. The English setters are the gentlest and most calm of the setters, and are known for being HUGELY affectionate and loyal. And you can touch their faces all day long, and all they'll do is adore you with their eyes. ::)

For instance, someone like this:

Anyway, just a thought in case you'd never considered a senior dog. I love the seniors, and most of them still have plenty of years left and are just looking for a place where they can feel safe, and love and be loved. After our current 2 pass, Tim and I intend to only have rescued seniors; it's to do the work of the angels, in my opinion.

And @missy...that ICE CREAM!! <3 Love to you, AG!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal I hope you are relaxing and having a blast in Hawaii. It is actually near 80 degrees (F) here today. Sweet you got to play with some yellow diamonds at Tiffany’s. I did pick up new lotto tickets for us this weekend. My sister and her son just won $7777 on a scratch lotto ticket. They were excited.

@missy your pictures are awesome (as always) and the chocolate bunny meme is one of my favorites. And yes, our spring comes in about August, even though it’s amazingly spring-like here today. I think we are both doing okay, thank you. Maybe we that’s why we have been on shopping sprees last week and this week. Oh well. It’s good for the economy. Mega dust for good appointments tomorrow. I need to schedule up one for my BP and see if my thyroid numbers have changed. I’ll do that for May.

@Austina it is amazing how tiresome traveling is, especially when it takes all day to get there and get home. Glad you have a nice time walking and visiting with neighbors. Too funny you think it’s barely warm at 70. I’d be thrilled. As I mentioned above though, we are unusally warm here today.

@MamaBee I take magazines to read when Marty is driving. He isn’t a bad driver but he gets me stressed. He is an angry driver and speeds too much. No point in fighting about it though. Your plane trip does sound stressful. Pretty much every time we are on a plane, I’ll ask Marty “is that normal”? I am glad he doesn’t mess with me then or I’d be freaking out. When Marty lands he’ll send me a text “we just hit the ground.” And I respond “was it intentional?” After all, he didn’t specify. I hope that perfect house shows up soon. Around here, the housing market opens up about now and is active through labor day.

@mrs-b doesn’t the pictures of ice cream from @missy always look delicious? I swear I consume more ice cream now than ever before. I hope you are feeling better.

Not much new with me. I got up about 6 a.m. today and worked eight hours. I got my big chore for the month done; it’s about a 12-16 hour process so it seems like a big chore each month but it’s something I enjoy working on.

I got thank you notes sent for last week. Some of our SIL’s relatives had us over for a reception and gave us some passes to local events so I wanted to thank them for thinking of us.

I am back up to 45 pounds for dead lifting. My left wrist was cracking a bit when I lifted yesterday, especially on overhead presses, but it didn’t hurt. My under-forearm still has some bruising under the skin and my veins don’t match the right arm, but I’m getting there.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We’d have no problems taking on an older dog @mrs-b, Chessie is beautiful, I hope she gets a home soon. The reason we’re thinking of fostering is that it would still allow us to travel when we wanted to, without the worry of finding someone to look after the dog when we’re away.

Sounds like you’re really progressing @marcy, but I’m surprised you still have bruising after all this time. I’m glad you’re doing your bit for the economy, we must do what we can :mrgreen: Wow, you’re racking up the work hours again. Your new sapphire earrings are gorgeous, they look the perfect size to get lots of wear out of them.

So glad to hear you’re having a great time @canuk-gal and a little bling window shopping doesn’t hurt either :D

Fingers crossed for productive appts tomorrow @missy, ugh to the early start, good job you’re not night owls. Hope today was another great ride.

We had our friends over to come and use the pool today, they had a blast, and we’ve told them any time. Colin had his follow up Dr’s appt, and she‘s prescribed a low dose of BP meds, she’s told him it’s his age :lol: She’s said he can halve each pill if he find a whole one too much.

We went straight in the pool when we got back, it was glorious outside, and we’ve just had a conversation with our friends in Illinois, and fixed up a date for them to come and visit.

Hoping to hear good news about the car tomorrow so fingers crossed it’ll be ready to collect.

:wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout! @marcy I adore your new earrings! I love a halo on colored gems. So sorry about your wrist but am super glad you are healing.
@missy happy spring my friend! Thank you for all of the love, prayers and shoutouts. I hope endo goes well. And the icecream looks divine! We've been enjoying some icecream at a local homeade icecream shop.
@mrs-b hey my friend! I'm glad you are feeling better. Thank you for the love and prayers.
Love and hugs and to all! What a wonderful place PS is to find friends and share bling appreciation!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recovering from yet another family holiday I hosted! Girls came home from college. I made specially tailored baskets with individual favorite treats and sweets and baubles, and stuffed and hid eggs for the hunt for family and friends. No matter what age, they all like their baskets! I Made a major Saturday Brunch for relatives who could not attend Easter dinner. …more plates and dishes/pans to wash, cooking, and tables to set. Everything made from scratch, even the Bloodies. Easter dinner took three days to prepare as everything homemade…so sick of my tiny kitchen and constantly wiping down countertops during prep. I finally got the Easter decorations and holiday dishes, glassware , silverware and serving platters put away Yesterday. But everything was yummy and everyone was happy. I can only blame myself as I have set the high bar. I love to cook and bake And set the table. No one else will host Without family drama And my girls are guaranteed a holiday. Frankly, I would like a little help in the prep and clean up but no one volunteers except my BFF who does help a bit. No more holidays until the 4th of July….

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely people! Home from the endocrinologist. Whew. That’s always a long morning. He was super nice today. He has different personalities lol. It’s very challenging at times

Our plan today is cycling and ice cream and hopefully hugging furry babies :)

@bling_dream19 @Slickk @mrs-b @MamaBee @lambskin @rainwood @Austina @marcy @canuk-gal amd everyone else..hope all is well and have a wonderful Wednesday! Love and hugs to my sweet friends.

Driving in this morning no traffic so got there at 6am. Sweet

1A9607D4-F58E-43A9-AC5E-36531561A9D4.jpeg

Waiting room empty. No masks required anymore. Our endocrinologist said nyu is against requiring them now because they think it’s preventing patients from coming in for care. What a bunch of hooey lol. We had them off while seeing him but were seated a distance from him. We put them on though for blood work by the techs. I hope we didn’t mess up removing them while seeing the endocrinologist. Just felt so nice not to wear them for once. Sigh
BE944624-4FC8-477A-BA24-874ECED1C1F8.jpeg

Enjoy a wonderful day! XOXO

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I've been trying to find an endocrinologist and am having NO success. Even the hospital practice is full and taking no new clients. It's a bit of a nightmare, really. Makes me super glad you found someone you feel you can work with; the last endo I saw should have been struck off, she was genuinely *that* bad. She tried to put me on insulin, despite the fact that my blood glucose was good and I wasn't a diabetic. But you know what they say - when all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Anyway, I hope the news coming out of your last appt was positive. ox

@bling_dream19 - it's so nice to see you post here! I've been thinking of you a LOT since we spoke and hoping everything is coming up roses for you. (A little spring joke, there.) ::) I got a quote from Amy for my new eternity, but I lost my head over a handbag and so now all other discretionary purchases are on hold for a few...<polite cough>...months....:mrgreen: I've wanted a new, high quality handbag for about 2 years, so I finally took my courage in both hands and dropped the big bucks and bought one from The Row - which is Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's high end label. Their bags are sublime, and not as silly or 'statement-making-but-otherwise-useless' as a lot of other brands. Their bags are GORGEOUS and the leather in them is like butter. I'm planning not to wait so long for the next one. For anyone who is a handbag junkie like me, here's their link - if I was genuinely wealthy, I'd *only* buy bags from this site:

@lambskin - it sounds like Easter brunch and dinner were wonderful but - truly! - you need to set some ground rules about getting assistance. You sound like a fabulous hostess, but my experience is that most (not all - but most!) people won't help unless asked. Firmly. I work on the basis of "Tim bought, I cooked - we don't tidy up." But, frankly, the friends I have at this point are the type who automatically pitch in to help. In fact, I think I'd barely recognize Robert, Wendy's husband, without a dish cloth, a tea towel, or at the very least a broom, in his hand! That man is a saint when it comes to cleaning up - it's no surprise that Wendy, who is a fabulous and prolific cook, married him!

@marcy - I hope your wrist continues to heal and the bruising goes promptly! I hate it when I hear my bones crack, but hopefully this, too, will pass for you. You sound like you have been your typical productive self, and I hope you're rewarded soon with some gorgeous spring weather, rather than just the occasional day. My whole body relaxes when warmth soaks into my joints and my guts. Heat is good for the Crohn's soul.

Hi @Austina. :wavey: I suggested a senior because you said you'd almost certainly be a foster fail, in which case a dog that didn't tie you down for 15 years might be the way forward for you, as I know you want to travel. Even fosters can be a long term commitment; I know David's last rescue was in his foster home for 21 months before David adopted him, and he was a beautiful dog who went into rescue at 18 months of age. So it's not like he was in his foster home so long because there was any problem with him. Often the process is just slow. Anyway, I'll be interested to see where you land with it all. I wasn't suggesting Chessie for you - but she's an excellent example of what's out there when it comes to seniors. So many of them are fit and healthy and beautiful and I can just see you being so gentle and kind with a senior. To adopt a senior is to do the work of the angels.

I hope everyone is well - hugs to you all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy terrific Thursday! It's going to hit 88 degrees here today.

@mrs-b if you ever want to see my endocrinologist let me know. He told me there's a 30 month waiting list for endocrinologists in the USA due to a shortage of endocrinologists. Crazy right? I worked hard to train/teach him well so lol I don't want to have to start over. It wasn't always easy but he does listen to me and respects me but he can be stubborn and I have worked hard to get to this point with him. Oh and I have a sweet treat for you below. Hugs to you and Tim and the pups.

@canuk-gal I hope you're having a wonderful vacation! XOXO

@springerspaniel passed our tree yesterday and it's not budding yet...IIRC it's slow to come to life in spring but fingers crossed it will..hope you're having a wonderful week...hugs

@marcy hope you are having a good week and lifting and working and enjoying yourself and hope your weather is cooperating. It's summer here already XOXO

@Austina fingers crossed your car is ready to go soon and that it will continue running well for many years to come...hugs

@bling_dream19 sweet friend...texting you as soon as the hour becomes reasonable..XOXO

@Slickk happy summer oh wait, I mean spring but omg it's hot here now. I love living in the NE. Just wait a minute and the weather changes. Spring and its showers are returning this weekend I believe

@MamaBee girl, I am rooting for you and the dream house that is waiting to be bought by you...hugs

Hi everyone else. We had a busy day but a good day yesterday. Went cycling after the endocrinology appointment and had ice cream. It hit mid 80s yesterday and today high 80s. I wouldn't be surprised if it hits 90F today

Yummmmmmmm

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 6.53.46 AM.png

And what a gorgeous day yesterday..hoping for the same today
Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 6.53.58 AM.png

Wishing my sweet friends here a happy and joyful Thursday XOXO

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@bling_dream19 thank you. I have those ruby halo studs and really like them, so I am sure I'll wear the new earrings a lot. Glad you are enjoying some delicious ice cream as well. What is your favorite flavor? Mine is vanilla, chocolate or cake batter.

Hi @lambskin wow you really went all out for Easter but what a great memory for everyone. Sorry you don't get much help with the prep and clean up. I finally got to the point at Christmas that I simply ask people just sitting around to do something to help out. They are generally eager to assist. One of my sisters and her daughters don't have to be asked. I am usually worn out by the end of the day as well. I guess it's worth it though to get everyone together. Your baskets sound awesome.

@missy that's too bad the endocrinologist has different personalities, sounds like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. Glad you had a day of cycling and ice cream. That's great summer has arrived there for you.

@mrs-b I need to find an endo too but I'm not in any hurry. I don't want to mess with my thyroid as I'm functioning fine and those tests last fall were benign. Glad you like your new handbag. I gave most of mine away because I mostly use nylon LeSport Sac bags because they have Snoopy on them. They wear like iron too. We are on our last day of spring. Phooey. That's great your body responds so well to heat. My wrist has progressed just so far, but based on what I understand, I am doing better than most at this time.

I worked over 10 hours yesterday. Not intentionally but I started something late that required a lot of research. Then last night two new posts needed edited and since I was still awake, tag, I was it. So today I quit at 7 1/2 hours. I'm off to lift next.

Marty worked in his robe again this morning. It was funny, he came upstairs at about 10 a.m. and told me he decided he better go put on a dress. He ruined my fun since I couldn't use my MASH line on him. He knows me well.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh my goodness, I’m so stuffed I can barely move :lol: We went out to lunch with our lovely Colombian neighbours I & G, they are just the sweetest couple. We went to Salt Lick BBQ, had ribs, brisket, potato salad, coleslaw, beans, pickles and onion, followed by peach and blackberry cobbler with ice cream:lickout:

Sounds like you really had your hands full over Easter @lambskin, what a lot of hard work for you, you really went all out. I hope your guests were suitable appreciative of all the effort you went to.

Repeat after me @marcy, I’m technically retired - no more 10 hour days!! :mrgreen: Glad your wrist is healing up and you’re lifting again.

Glad you’ve trained the Endo @missy, who knows your body better than you? I’m glad you’re enjoying ‘our’ weather, although I know you don’t like it too hot.

I think we’ll seriously start looking next year @mrs-b, we’ve got our trip to SC next week and a cruise over Christmas, but no other plans for next year. There’s an OES rescue and Doberman rescue relatively close by, so we’ll probably look there.

Lovely to see you posting @bling_dream19 , I hope all is well with you, please do try and stop by, I miss seeing your posts.

We had a lazy day yesterday, sat by the pool and generally did nothing.

No word about the car, despite ringing numerous times and leaving messages :x2 Been trying again today, but they’re too busy to answer the phone. Keep your fingers crossed it’s ready tomorrow, or we won’t get it back till we get home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and happy fantastic FriYAY!!!

@bling_dream19 you made my day yesterday and sending you so much love and continued healing vibes

@Slickk how was your week? I cannot believe it's already the weekend practically. Wow

@Austina fingers are crossed for your car to be ready today

@canuk-gal hope you are having a wonderful vacation

@mrs-b big hugs sweet friend...hope all is going well...how is Tim?

@MamaBee thinking good thoughts for you and your house hunting...I love house hunting and wish we were doing it but Greg not so much lol

@rainwood wishing you a wonderful trip and visit and I hope you have the best time...you deserve it!!!!!

@marcy haha you are busier and more productive than most working people I know...you go girl. Haha love Mash. And their theme song. Just wow

@springerspaniel still no buds on the tree...cmon little tree...you can make it :pray:

Hey everyone else. Hope all is well
We enjoyed cycling yesterday. But it was HOT. Too hot lol. (@canuk-gal it hit 90F!!! here yesterday) The ice cream cooled us off though and we did our usual 50 miles so woohoo. During the winter months when we cycled we usually did 40 because my extremities couldn't handle the cold for that much longer but now we are back to 50 daily when cycling and that is pure bliss. Today is another hot one and then rain all weekend. Next week many medical appointments so I do not see cycling next week much if at all.

Have a fantastic FriYAY and leaving you with our cool sweet treat from yesterday...sending love and hugs

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 7.03.34 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Going to be 90 here tomorrow @missy, thank goodness for the pool! I can’t imagine cycling in that weather, mind you, I can’t imagine cycling the miles you do either, I don’t think my knee could handle it. You must have legs of steel :mrgreen: At least you don’t have to worry about the ice cream calories, so win, win. Rain all next week doesn’t sound like much fun, neither do all the medical appts. Honestly, I don’t think you need to worry too much in the empty waiting room. We’re still being careful in the supermarket and shops, but somewhere like that, I think we’d do the same as you.

We’re all packed for next week, managing with just hand luggage to save time at the airports. Collected Colin’s prescription this morning but he doesn’t want to start taking the meds till we get back.

Finally managed to get through to someone at the garage, the car ’should’ be ready tonight, but I’m going to collect it tomorrow because Friday traffic, even here, is bad.

How’re all the lovely NIRDIs doing? Hope you’re all well and keeping safe. Happy weekend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! What an amazing week we had weather wise. That is over but it was a good run!
Today is rain and tomorrow is rain so we will find other ways to entertain ourselves.
Happy Caturday Saturday!!

@Austina good luck and I know you are excited for your travels next week

@Slickk happy weekend and hugs to Bear

@bling_dream19 hope you have a wonderful weekend

@MamaBee how did your week go?

@mrs-b I have another delicious treat for you...and omg the coffee beans were out of this world. I am adding that to my next ice cream order

@canuk-gal hope you enjoy a lovely weekend

@marcy hope you have a relaxing weekend with no work and all play

Hi everyone else. We cycled our hearts out yesterday and the east wind kept things less hot than the day before so that was a welcome relief. Still in the high 80s but with the east wind it was purrrrrfect. We enjoyed ice cream, furry babies and cycling. Ahhh a great day and a wonderful week.

Do you see how J is swooning? LOL

Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 6.41.38 AM.png
I think she is happy

And now she wants to take my place on the bike hahaha
Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 6.41.13 AM.png

Last photo...this ice cream was soooooo good. Greg got coffee with added coffee beans and omg I was swooning when I tasted it

Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 6.41.03 AM.png

May your weekend be filled with sweetness and joy and lots of laughter....love you sweet friends XOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
@missy I think J is trying to steal your husband! That’s some pose she has there! :kiss2:
Those photos of ice cream has me hooked on ice cream when I never was before! I don’t eat the Brusters ice cream when I take David. I eat my half cup of half fat vanilla with 1TBSP of sugar free chocolate syrup. I’m dieting so I fit it in every day after dinner or lunch…My husband laughs at me because I use a teaspoon and take off tiny bits to keep it going longer. A half cup isn’t very much..at least to me!
I‘m surprised it’s so hard to find an endo! I’m glad your endo is open to what you want…Communication is everything. I toyed with going to one since my doctor moved. She liked to handle everything…but I was never in range..I loved her so didn’t want to go above her head..The doctor I have now is very thorough..I take a half pill during the week and skip a day on Sunday. That brought me into range.
@Austina Your meal sounds delicious!! Are your neighbors around the same age as as you? They are all so friendly! I found that to be the case when I lived in Texas too..To me an age is just a number. I feel like the same person inside as I was in my forties. I matured as much as I could by then so I still feel like the same person. I have friends of all different ages. It never mattered to me.
Your car issues are unbelievable..Their customer service is giving you both the runaround. My husband has 225k miles on my old BMW X3..I got my new Volvo and he took mine..He just got it inspected..It passed with flying colors….I drove that car back and forth from Maryland to Pennsylvania every few weeks in the summers, etc. I just didn’t feel safe in it anymore because it had so many miles on it..That was a hundred miles ago. I can’t believe it’s still going strong.
@marcy You are not retired..:lol-2:You do sound like you really enjoy it so as long as you still do it’s good. You sure lead a full life..
I love your halo earrings. They’re so pretty!
@canuk-gal Are you back home yet with your gorgeous yellow diamonds? Which ones did you get? ;)2
@bling_dream19 I mentioned before that I don’t know what it is you are going through..Just know I hope you’re doing well..and enjoying your bling..
I just contacted David to milgrain my bezel diamond bracelet. When I had it done before PS they made the bezel too thick. I asked him to do a thick milgrain on the bezels. I think it will look nice. He does the best milgrain. Any projects in the works?
@mrs-b I keep forgetting to mention that Eleanor did such a nice spread for her boyfriend. She could have fed an army. He must have been so impressed! Did you help her come up with the idea? She’s such a pretty girl. I can tell she’s also a sweet girl..
Are you going to get the diamond bracelet David posted on IG? :lol:
Hi @springerspaniel @Slickk and everyone else. I’m getting ready to pick up my mom from the home so she can spend time here and have dinner.
Big hugs everyone..:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday!! So it never rained yesterday. Dayum those meteorologists have the best job. Get the weather wrong (and so often too)and they are still in business. But we did accomplish a LOT. We ran errands (TJs and Whole Foods) and then went to the outdoor outlets where I bought so many things none which I even thought I needed until I saw them lol. Suffice to say I now have two new cycling jerseys and two new pairs of cycling pants and a whole lotta other stuff haha. Good for the economy right? Win win :)

@MamaBee happy to do my part in spreading the ice cream love. Any time any place :)
And yes a good endo is like an oxymoron tbh. But I cannot find a good functional MD so my endo will have to do for now. Thankful he is fairly flexible and respects me. Very glad for you that you feel well and your values are all good for you. Hold onto her. She is a keeper

@Austina I hope your car is all fixed and never needs more work again. And yay for vacation coming up. It's always nice to get away and enjoy different scenery..speaking of which...

@rainwood safe trip and have a fantastic time!!!
Princess Gracie will pose for some new photos just for you

@Slickk hope you are enjoying a good weekend and the family is well

@bling_dream19 hey there girl. The Jersey shore is waiting for you and T. C'mon down...we miss you

@mrs-b and same for you. Cannot wait til things are calmer and more peaceful and plans can start being made again. Hope you and Tim are feeling good and well and all is going smoothly

@springerspaniel hope you are having a fun weekend and everyone is well and hugs to the sweet furry babies

@marcy hope you're having a terrific weekend and no aches and pains anywhere

Hi everyone else. Hope all is well. So today we are hoping to cycle...it's very very foggy out there and a bit wet and not supposed to lift til afternoon. But we are going to venture out this morning and hope for the best. Enjoy a wonderful Sunday all. XOXO

Leaving you with this pic. We were at Trader Joe's yesterday and the cashier hit a snafu as the credit card reader wasn't working. The manager came over and they spent 10 minutes trying to get it to work to no avail. Anyway they moved us to another register same cashier. And the manager came over a few minutes later to give me flowers. Wow. So nice. I said this isn't necessary and he said no I want you to have them as an apology for taking up your time. So sweet. And this is why Trader Joe's customer service ROCKS. I mean who does that? It wasn't a big deal at ALL. And both Greg and I were not in a rush at all either. There you have it. Trader Joe's customer service is top notch.

Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 6.55.05 AM.png

May your day be full of beauty, love and peace.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The neighbours we went out to lunch with are the same age as Colin @MamaBee. G used to be a pediatrician, but had to retire because he lost his sight, and I is just the sweetest person ever. She used to have a very good English friend who died horrifically in a house fire, and when we met, she told me that she thinks her friend sent me to her. I still owe her a trifle, she just loves it, but ATM she has to cut down on sweet things. Our immediate neighbours C & L, are younger, C is the same age as Adam, and L is in her mid to late 30’s. I’m the same age as their mothers :lol: but we’ve all just hit it off.

Wow that WAS good CS @missy. Unfortunately, we don’t have a TJ anywhere near us, just a big HEB and another one just about to be completed a little way away. I hope you enjoyed a good ride today and the fog lifted.

So, the ongoing saga of the car. After telling me on Friday that it was going to be ready by 6pm, but they wanted to make sure it was all tip top and I could collect on Saturday, I rang 9 times yesterday and couldn’t get to speak to anyone, left voice mails, and nothing. So they’re stuck with it now clogging up their lot until the 24th. Their problem now. In the end I gave up because I was getting extremely aggravated, and we went outside by the pool. The air temp was 89 and the pool temp 87, it was lovely.

I hope you’ve had a fabulous time and returned home relaxed and rested @canuk-gal.

We’ve dropped off the rental at the airport and are staying at the Hilton overnight as we have to check in by 6.20am tomorrow, and it was easier to be here than worrying about traffic and possible delays in the morning.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a lovely weekend, haven’t worked too hard, yes, you @marcy :mrgreen: and are ready for the week ahead.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina the BBQ dinner sounds fabulous. I always waddle out of one of those places very full. Have fun in SC. Sounds like the car dealer has awful CS for you. I hope your car is all better and doesn’t give you and Colin anymore problems when you get it back.

@missy that’s great your weather is warmer and making cycling more frequent and pleasant. Mmm ice cream. I had quite a bit of that yesterday myself. Good luck with all of your appointments this week. Sounds like you found some great things at the outlet mall. Sweet. That is so sweet of the manager at Trader Jo’s to give you flowers for your trouble. They are very pretty too.

@MamaBee that’s wonderful your old BMW is still running strong. I have a lot of confidence in German cars anymore. Them and Toyotas seem to run forever. I am enjoying the work I do and have worn my halos a few times as well. Thank you. That will be great to get milgrain on your diamond bracelet.

I did a bit of work this morning and lifted. I am almost done with laundry already and got my lifting done.Then I ventured out to get some new shoes.

Take care,
Marcy

Here is the after and before pictures on my rings. The left is what they look like now. I like the new versions better. They seem to suit the settings.

Ring swap.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

WOW @marcy, they’ve turned out beautifully :kiss2:

We’re in Atlanta waiting for the flight to Myrtle Beach.

Hope you’re all having a good start to the week :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!

@Austina have a great trip. We are on holiday for another week.

@marcy your rings turned out very well!! Congrats!

@missy I cannot believe your fabu weather--same temps here! LOL We have been cycling almost everyday here. Walked the beach yesterday...it was glorious! I could definitely live here!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@canuk-gal and @Austina thank you for concurring with me on the sapphire swap between rings. I am pleased with both of them. The gems seem more suited for the other settings. Yay.

@Austina have a lovely time in Myrtle Beach. It was lovely there.

@canuk-gal I am so glad you are enjoying Hawaii. That is one place Marty could get me willingly on a plane to go visit.

Not much new with me. I got up about 6 a.m. so I could watch the Starship launch but they scrubbed it. I did catch this picture of a skinny crescent moon this morning though. Since I started work so early, I am already logged off from that. I ran to the store to get some fruit and came home with far more things that were on my list. I picked up some BBQ chips to have with my sandwiches I often eat at lunch. Although, Marty won't eat that kind of processed food, I'd best hide them so he doesn't devour my entire bag.

Take care.
Marcy

Old moon April 17.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina the BBQ dinner sounds fabulous. I always waddle out of one of those places very full. Have fun in SC. Sounds like the car dealer has awful CS for you. I hope your car is all better and doesn’t give you and Colin anymore problems when you get it back.

@missy that’s great your weather is warmer and making cycling more frequent and pleasant. Mmm ice cream. I had quite a bit of that yesterday myself. Good luck with all of your appointments this week. Sounds like you found some great things at the outlet mall. Sweet. That is so sweet of the manager at Trader Jo’s to give you flowers for your trouble. They are very pretty too.

@MamaBee that’s wonderful your old BMW is still running strong. I have a lot of confidence in German cars anymore. Them and Toyotas seem to run forever. I am enjoying the work I do and have worn my halos a few times as well. Thank you. That will be great to get milgrain on your diamond bracelet.

I did a bit of work this morning and lifted. I am almost done with laundry already and got my lifting done.Then I ventured out to get some new shoes.

Take care,
Marcy

Here is the after and before pictures on my rings. The left is what they look like now. I like the new versions better. They seem to suit the settings.

Ring swap.jpg

What a difference @marcy! They looked pretty before but they really look prettier after you swapped the settings!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @MamaBee. It really made a difference.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy terrific Tuesday!
Just a quick post and run today...

@MamaBee hope your week has many exciting possibilities

@bling_dream19 hugs and love

@Slickk hope your week is going well...cannot believe we are well into Spring and before we know it summer will be here

@marcy love them..so pretty! Wear in good health. Love your sunrise..beautiful

@Austina hope you are enjoying a wonderful vacation

@canuk-gal you and me both. I could absolutely live there. Our friends live in Maui and love love love it

Sunday we enjoyed a great cycling day. Purrrfect
Yesterday I had the Mammogram/ultrasound and once again the radiologist wants me back in 6 months due to probable cysts. I hope that is all it is. It is disconcerting but one day at a time right?
We went hiking after the appointments and it was very challenging but fun
Today we are hiking again as the wind is significant and it is cold

Leaving you with some photos from the past couple of days

Foggy misty Sunday cycling
Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 6.59.33 AM.png

Spring is indeed here

Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 6.58.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 6.58.41 AM.png

Waiting room yeserday..pantascopic shot haha

Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 7.00.48 AM.png

Hiking yesterday...windy but not very mild temps

Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 7.00.13 AM.png

Have a terrific Tuesday girls. XOXO

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@Austina, welcome to South Carolina, have fun on your trip! A good friend of mine is retiring to the Myrtle Beach area.

You're living the dream @canuk-gal! I've been wondering if you plan on coming back :D Enjoy another week in Paradise.

@marcy, your new earrings are beautiful and I'm loving the stones in their new settings! Love the addition of the halo. Thank goodness someone is getting jewelry, I can live vicariously through you lol. I'm itching for something new...I'm hopeless.

Hope you and Tim are doing well @mrs-b! I actually just got to South Carolina a few days ago and will be here for a few weeks.

Beautiful blooms @missy, so nice that spring has finally made it's way to the NE but I hope the temps get a little higher for you soon.

Good luck with the househunting @MamaBee, I know it can be a frustrating process. Any contenders?

Hi there @bling_dream19!

Things are going ok, am in SC right now...had a nice visit with dd before I left. Also got together for the final time in NJ with my friend who is moving to SC. She'll be 3 hours away from me here so a bit far but still doable.

Wishing everyone a good week!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Yay to another week in Hawaii @canuk-gal , it’s a long way to go, so best to make the most of it. Have fun and keep on resting and relaxing.

The weather here is perfect isn’t it @junebug17 ? Enjoy your time away, it’s a shame you’re not closer, it’d have been nice to say hello.

Wow to the beautiful blossom @missy, it really brightens my day to see such lovely scenery. Everything crossed the mammo results remain nothing to be too concerned about.

It’s amazing that just changing the colour of the stone in the setting has made such a difference, and I love the dainty halo around your blue sapphire, it makes it really pop @marcy.

Keeping everything crossed your perfect new home turns up soon @MamaBee.

Hope you‘re continuing to make steady progress in your recovery @mrs-b and feeling stronger by the day.

We had a walk around this morning before heading out to where the competition is going to be held to scope it out for tomorrow, then went and had lunch where the heats and competitors were being announced. I had my photo taken with former 4 x Worlds Strongest Man, Magnus Ver Magnusson, he doesn’t look that big anymore because the guys today have just got bigger and bigger!

Competition starts tomorrow so we have to be up early.

Attachments

• C6185013-0BC9-4734-ABF7-6D4E1A9BBAE2.jpeg
    C6185013-0BC9-4734-ABF7-6D4E1A9BBAE2.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 40
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results