carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy those trees in full bloom are so pretty. Thanks for posting them. Your hike looks lovely. Glad those tests are behind you for now.

@junebug17 that's too bad your friend is moving from NJ, but those three hour trips in SC won't be too bad. Maybe you can meet halfway sometimes. Thank you on my recent jewelry updates. I am really liking the sapphires on the new settings. I am with you, every few months I start thinking I "need" :lol: something new. We get bling fever!

@Austina lovely pictures from SC. I totally remember the wave of humidity that hit me when we got off the plane there. Of course, we went in August - when it was hot and humid. Have a lovely time.

Not much new with me. Got up early, took a picture of the sunrise and worked most of the day. Off to goof off now.

Take care.
Marcy

IMG_2258.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aloha:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!

Monsoon rain here--stopped now but it woke me up this AM. Chubby rain for sure!

Went for a bit of a walk, no cycling today. Too humid for that.

@marcy lucky Lotto win for your family!
@missy my DH has been eating ice cream everyday since we've been here!!!

The new Tiffany leather handbags are ADORABLE!!!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

@canuk-gal sorry it's raining so much. What is "chubby" rain? I bet the rain makes it really humid there. It's not humid here but snowed a bit with big flakes. Did you get a Tiffany handbag?

I was up before 6 a.m. today but worked over eight hours. I only worked on two articles but they were both fun. I got my lifting done and continue to think I had overhead presses. I think I'm pressing more than I was before I broke my wrist, but I didn't have it written down anywhere so I am not sure. I've got well over 75 pounds more to go before I'm back to where I was dead lifting.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy chubby rain are those big fat drops of rain.....kind you get in tropical places. I got the line from comedian Steve Martin (one of his movies, Bowfinger). It is sunny now.

I will look at those bags when I get home.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy chubby rain are those big fat drops of rain.....kind you get in tropical places. I got the line from comedian Steve Martin (one of his movies, Bowfinger). It is sunny now.

I will look at those bags when I get home.

cheers--Sharon

Thanks @canuk-gal that makes sense. We get COLD rain here - you probably do too at home. Glad the sun came out. Enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy terrific Thursday!

@marcy gorgeous sunrise

@canuk-gal ice cream any way, all day, hope you and your DH enjoy and hope you are partaking in some of the ice cream at least...Hope the rain stops very soon by you

@Austina hope you are having a terrific vacation

@bling_dream19 happy Thursday

@Slickk happy end of the week..another fast week speeding by

Hi everyone else. We had a good day yesterday. Still very windy so we went hiking after my nephrologist appointment. He doesn't think I need high blood pressure meds. But unfortunately my echo showed grade 1 diastolic dysfunction so I am seeing a cardiologist in May. The fun never stops lol but one day at a time

Today is a very busy day. We are attempting to go cycling (chilly still here) and then Greg has an annual shareholder meeting which will take all night and likely be contentious. Glad I don't have to be on that zoom call lol.

Enjoy a terrific Thursday girls. Big hugs much love

Hike yesterday

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 6.45.09 AM.png

And speaking of love here we go..Oliver and Tommy getting along. Wonders NEVER cease. This will only last a few minutes but hey, I'll take it! :)

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 6.44.50 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those missing the beach here you go

beachapril2023.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy love your gorgeous pictures. You can't beat a sunrise and / or a beach for a moment of serenity. Glad you had a lovely hike. That's good you don't need to go on BP pills, but I hate to hear you need to see a cardiologist. It is always something. Best wishes for positive results when you see them.

Not much new with me. My new lens finally showed up. It's windy (shocking!) and cold here so my lens arrived quite cold. I decided to leave it alone for hours. Of course, Marty - being a guy - already pulled it out of the box and packaging. I put it back in a case already.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Weather here is perfect, just as well as all the competitors are huge and doing super human feats!

Oh no @missy, I’m so sorry there’s just one more thing to contend with. Doesn’t sound like Greg’s call is going to be much fun :oops2: Hope it went well.

Why do men always have to fiddle @marcy? It must be in their DNA because they’re all the same.

Glad you had another week in paradise @canuk-gal. Moose is doing you proud here, straight through to the final! (Mitchell Hooper)

The first 2 days of competition have been really exciting, it’s rest day for the athletes before the finals tomorrow and Sunday.

You are NOT going to believe this, I‘ve heard nothing from Kia, so I rang today to be told the system is showing no update on parts. I asked how that could be as I was told last Friday my car was ready for pick up. Long story short, they’re now saying they were sent the wrong transmission and have no update when it’s going to be in. I’ve been in touch with my case manager and told her we’ve already spent over $700 on car rental, and I’ll need to pick up another when we get back on Monday. Waiting to get the OK as they previously said they’ll pay up to $1000.

As soon as we get back, we’ll check when they received the letter about the Lemon Law and take it from there, this is just ridiculous.

Hope you’re all looking forward to the w/e :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!

@Austina I had to google "Moose". Glad you are enjoying yourself but sorry about your SUV. Do what you need to do!!!!

@missy hope you are getting your rides in. It was very hot today--we went out but felt quite heated so cut the ride short. We will do our beach walk tomorrow, as we leave here Sunday.

@marcy enjoy your new lens. How many do you have?

@mrs-b hope you are feeling well.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy caturday Saturday lovely ladies
just a quick post as I’m already way behind schedule this morning

@Austina ugh I am sorry this car ordeal continues. I hope everything gets resolved soon. I am glad you’re having a terrific trip

@marcy cannot wait to hear about your new lens. Hope you love it. I love all your gorgeous photos

@canuk-gal we cycled the past two days despite very hectic schedule. Your trip sounds amazing and enjoy every last minute. You deserve it

@bling_dream19 happy weekend sweet friend, hope you enjoy a super one

@Slickk hope you have a won weekend dear girl

@mrs-b hope you and Tim are feeling well and enjoying a lovely weekend sweet friend

@springerspaniel how are your sweet pups? I bet they love spring

@MamaBee hope “your“ house shows up soon

Hi @lambskin hope all is well

@AuntKiki hello, hope you had a good week and an even better weekend

@rainwood let’s catch up, I’m eager to hear all about your trip

Hi everyone else. Cycling the past two days but very busy with many other things too. Today we’re cycling again
Last night I had some excitement lol. I was home alone as I had sent Greg to Costco. All of a sudden the alarm went off and I had no clue what triggered it. I went to the panel (as I was dealing with deafening loud screeching from the alarm) and shut it off. Then I got a text from our alarm company. It was the fire alarm. I checked all the rooms upstairs and downstairs including the attic and basement. I missed a few calls from Greg while checking. Anyway long story short our fire department had been dispatched sirens and all and also the police came...all at my door within 7 minutes. Omg. I let them in (they were in full uniform) and they searched the house for me though I had already done so. No masks of course and I just hope I don’t get COVID after being so careful. No clue why the alarm went off but man it nearly gave me a heart attack. Hoping that’s the extent of the excitement for the rest of this year lol

Wishing a sweet weekend to my sweet friends. Love you girls ♥

3EA5A65D-6B0C-4002-A38A-3AF20EBE659D.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
57770AE4-47A1-49A2-AE79-0E5778792E8F.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Spoke too soon! The weather was atrocious today, lightening, rain and cold. It held up the start of the competition, and we got soaked. Still enjoyed the day’s activities, and looking forward to the finals tomorrow. I finally got a photo of my all time Strongman hero, Mark Felix, 57 years old, and his last World’s outing. Unfortunately, he got injured and didn’t make the final. Realistically, he wasn’t going to anyway, but he got an award for his contribution to Strongman, which he totally deserved.

Oh my gosh @missy, thank goodness there was no real emergency, but yay to the fire service getting there so quickly to check it out for you.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are enjoying the weekend :wavey:

(excuse the frizzy hair!)

4B1D6520-A116-4CA2-9EE6-32495BFAF61B.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning and happy Sunday!

@Austina gorgeous photo!! Sorry about the rain but your hair looks lovely IMO. Enjoy the finals today

@mrs-b hope you and Tim are having a wonderful weekend

@bling_dream19 hope all is going well. The Jersey Shore is waiting for you and your sweet hubby very patiently...ready when you are :)

@Slickk we had some lovely weather yesterday and hope today shapes up as well and hope you are having fun this weekend

@canuk-gal summer keeps teasing us coming and going with warm temps. This coming week is in the 50s I believe but hey I'll take it as I love spring temps. Hope you enjoyed your beach walk yesterday. I love walking on the beach. Safe travels back home

ETA: I am so so sorry Sharon. I just read of the tragic loss of your BIL. My deepest condolences to you and your husband. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry for your terrible loss :(

@springerspaniel I keep forgetting to take a photo of our tree. It is budding now woohoo and looking beautiful

@marcy hope you are having a relaxing weekend and you and Marty are doing well

@MamaBee my fingers and toes are still crossed for good news about the house hunt
Hi everyone else! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. We got to cycle yesterday and the rain held off til after 9PM but oh did it rain and it's still raining...supposed to stop by 10AM but we shall see because we hope to go cycling again today. Haha forgot to mention the firemen were super impressed with Greg's workshop. They were like wow this is some workshop lol

Leaving you with a very sweet treat. So yummy
May your Sunday be filled with sweet delight...lots of love and big hugs to my dear friends

Screen Shot 2023-04-23 at 6.59.15 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Well it’s all over for another year, and congratulations @canuk-gal, you can now boast that Canada has it’s first ever World’s Strongest Man, Mitchell ‘The Moose’ Hooper, a very well deserved win.

I’m not surprised the firemen were impressed @missy, Greg’s made amazing things. Hope the rain held off today for you.

Another really long day for us, and we’re glad to get back and relax before heading home tomorrow. It’ll be a long day because of the time between the short flights, but c’est la vie, and we pick up another rental tomorrow at the airport. Should get home about 8pm I think.

Hope you’ve all been enjoying a lovely weekend and are ready for the week ahead.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina I am so glad you are enjoying your trip back east. Marty would be enjoying those competitions too. I hate to hear your strongman hero got injured and didn’t make the finals, but cool you got a picture with him. Yes, men like to fiddle. Marty helped get me set up with weekend to do podcasts. More about that “fun” below. OMG what is up with KIA and their customer service? What a hassle for you. I’d think you have a good case on the lemon law, but it stinks it takes so much time. How frustrating. Safe travels going home.

@canuk-gal I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother-in-law. Safe travels home today. My thoughts are with you and your family. I did chuckle at you asking how many lenses do I have - it’s not as many as how many rings I have. Let me count here - I have seven. Do I need that many? Nope. One was a complete surprise from Marty though. Does that count? And I’m working so much, I’m not going out and taking pictures anyway. What was I thinking?

@missy OMG what an ordeal for the fire alarm to go off. I am glad it wasn’t a fire and that’s great the fire department got there so fast. Are some of your sensors wireless? The one in our door to the deck went off about 4 a.m. once and of course - like you - the “man” of the house wasn’t home. He was in Europe at the time. They had to replace the sensor because the battery was going bad. It’d been temperamental for a while so next time one acts up, I’ll know to have the security company come replace it.

We had a busy weekend. My day job has been toying with some of us making podcasts for things we edit. Marty has all sorts of things to record videos for his gym, so he set me up with a big microphone, sound board, the software, etc. I decided my first test would be a program for the astronomy club meeting this week. I got the giggles during my first test run because Marty pointed out to me I fidget and the microphone picks up on it. I found myself doing it about five minutes in and just started cracking up. I had to go back and start that one over. I made a test one today for work, it was much shorter and I only did a slide show with background music.

It was cold and snowy yesterday so I made homemade soup for us. Today we went out for breakfast and picked up groceries. The guy Marty helped move last month took him out for lunch today, so I grilled myself four hamburgers - one for lunch and three to freeze for quick lunches or dinners sometimes.

I lifted today. My wrist has been kind of irritated (not painful) for two days now. I was holding a hardback book open the other day with most of it open in that hand and it sure flared up my wrist and fingers. I am sure I didn’t hurt it, just woke up some nerves and muscles.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy marvelous Monday!

@marcy yeah greg is always on top of batteries etc. The cause is still a mystery. Oh no I am sorry about your wrist and hope it is feeling all better today. Take it easy with the weights till it is better

@canuk-gal you and your dh are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart goes out to both of you

@Austina wishing you safe travels back home

@bling_dream19 happy Monday...hope you had a wonderful weekend

@Slickk hope your week is off to a good start

Hi everyone else. We went cycling yesterday and it was so lovely. Mild with not bad wind conditions. Ice cream was so good and we got to stop and visit with some friends too. Today is another cycling day and later I have my zoom call with my girlfriends. Tomorrow I am nervous as I have a new doctor appointment and I am hoping very hard this works out. Many changes coming with telemedicine and how medications are prescribed so I really need this to work out. Lot riding on it and makes me nervous TBH

One day at a time and somehow it will all work out. That's what I tell myself anyway lol

Enjoy a marvelous Monday lovely ladies. XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 6.53.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 6.53.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 6.52.04 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy this is for you. Our friend A the astronomer sent this to us the other day
"M64 Black Eye Nebula in Coma Bernices"

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 6.55.01 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out.

We are home and are exhausted. Night flights will do that--when you don't sleep. Anyway, my DH is feeling very low. Much to be done--glad his brother is helping.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. So much sadness.

kind regards--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy this is for you. Our friend A the astronomer sent this to us the other day
"M64 Black Eye Nebula in Coma Bernices"

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 6.55.01 AM.png

Tell him nice shot. That's one of my favorites to check out when I'm observing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@canuk-gal I am keeping you, your DH and his family in my thoughts. I am glad his brother is helping. It's a rough time. Big hugs to all of you. I bet the flight home was exhausting.

@missy I hope your new doctor works out and the meds aren't a hassle to get or are something you can take. I need to see about my BP renewal, I think it runs out but that doesn't make sense since it was supposed to be for a year from September. I figured I'd wait until May 1st before I deal with it. I am glad your ice cream was good and you are going for rides. Wow, you sure put on lots of miles this winter. Sweet. My numbness kept waking me up last night. It's not super painful, but getting worse. Marty thinks I should just work through it and not do anything different. The more I push rehab, probably the more it might bother it for a while. I can't imagine how hard it would be for a doctor to figure out what spot or spots are triggering it either. Oh well, most of the time it's an awareness and nothing more.

My solar filter arrived this afternoon for my little telescope. I wish it was sunny out right now. I guess the northern lights were visible as far south as Arizona last night. They were good from here well after I went to bed. We keep getting cloudy skies as the day goes along then it's clear skies in the morning. Then the cycle repeats. No moisture though which this part of the country desperately needs.

Take care.
Marcy

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time north lights visible where we live we have horrible cloud cover! I mean it EVERY time!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time north lights visible where we live we have horrible cloud cover! I mean it EVERY time!

@lambskin I have the same problem. Also, for meteor showers, eclipses.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy terrific Tuesday!!

@marcy I will tell him thanks. Ugh I am sorry you are experiencing some numbness. I do not agree with Mr Marty..do not work through it. Let it heal and calm down or you could exacerbate the injury. Sorry about the cloudy skies. We are getting rain here on and off for the next week plus so not many clear skies for us soon. I am nervous about the zoom appointment this morning and hoping it goes OK

@lambskin same here plus our environment is so lit up it would be challenging to see here I think

@canuk-gal I am so so sorry :( It is a terrible shock to the family and your sweet dh and my heart goes out to all of you. I am glad his brother is helping and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending you gentle hugs

@Slickk hope you are having a good week

@bling_dream19 hope all is going smoothly

@MamaBee any house updates?

@springerspaniel our little tree is budding and looking so pretty. I will take an updated photo soon

Hi everyone else. We got to cycle yesterday and it was a bit cooler than the previous days but it was great. Unfortunately the rest of the week is a wash and through the weekend too it seems. Today is a busy day with my appointment and work calls for Greg so just taking a short hike in the middle of the day if the rain holds off. Have a wonderful day all and be well XOXO

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 6.54.39 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s no wonder you’re all upset @canuk-gal, a sudden loss has the added blow of shock.

I’m sure Marty would’ve loved it @marcy, and he’s tall enough to have got a good view too! Even in the VIP section, we didn’t have a view of the events on the road, but it wasn’t worth losing our good spot to go and see them. I agree with @missy, I don’t think you should push it if you’re experiencing numbness, it’s your body telling you things are not back to normal yet.

We’re experiencing the same type of weather @missy, it’s cool and rainy, which is good for the garden, but that’s about it!

We got back yesterday, picked up the car and ended up missing our turning off the road and got lost! I hate driving in the dark here, everything looks different. We eventually got home about 8.30 and went straight to bed.

Had to go and stock up with food again this morning and take care of things around the garden.

No further news on the car :x2

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you a very happy, very healthy, and very wonderful happy happy birthday dear @rainwood !!!!!

happy-birthday.gif

Sending you lots of love, big hugs and all wishes wonderful...XOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Busy morning so just a hello and wishing you all a lovely day.

@Austina so sorry about the car and hope that gets resolved soon. It's ludicrous you are dealing with this for so long

@marcy hope your wrist is feeling much better today

@Slickk it's Wednesday already wow...hope the week is going smoothly

@bling_dream19 happy hump day lol

@canuk-gal you and your dh and family remain in my thoughts. Sending you gentle hugs and much love

@springerspaniel as promised here's a photo of "our" tree...we went past it yesterday and I took this photo for you

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 7.07.18 AM.png

Hi everyone else. We are going cycling today before the rain comes in... hopefully at least we will miss the rain.
Yesterday we went hiking and it was cool but nice.

Have a wonderful wednesday all. XOXO.
And @rainwood HAPPY BIRTHDAY girlfriend!!!!!!!
This is for you!!! Princess Gracie sends all her furry love and purrs to her Auntie Rainwood on this auspicious day

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 7.09.49 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That tree is so graceful!

I love that about the tree...it swoops like that due to all the wind so that is how it grew. It's really amazing. I hope it makes it because part of it is not OK...so not sure if that will compromise it or not but I am keeping an eye on it and hoping for the best

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results