carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wet and miserable day here! It absolutely lashed down this morning.

So glad you’re feeling well @canuk-gal and Happy, happy birthday to you! Mmmm, cake :lickout: whadya get?

Talking of cake, that’s very clever of your niece @missy, really cute turkey. :lol: Honestly, I nearly choked on my tea reading a post in the other thread where someone actually gives credence to something an ‘actor’ and ‘comedian’ says about Covid. If that’s your credible source, wow, just wow. De Nile ain’t just a river in Egypt!!!!

Good luck with your procedure on Monday @MamaBee, sounds like quite an ordeal before hand having to drink all that fluid. Glad your turkey turned out well, just goes to show you that you shouldn’t just a turkey by it’s label!

Hope all the lovely NIRDIS are enjoying a peaceful weekend, I got the laundry done while Colin was walking Bertie, who is most definitely fully recovered and full of beans!

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Sunday!

@MamaBee good luck with the prep today. Hope it goes smoothly and easily for you.

@canuk-gal glad your mom called you and your sister helped her get set up comfortably. Hope you enjoyed the birthday cake yesterday and that you had a lovely celebration. The past few years we have not really celebrated our birthdays/anniversary etc. Maybe that sounds awful but it worked/works for us right now. We haven't even exchanged gifts for the past three years. Since Francesca died. Then RW happened and of course a myriad of health issues and then the pandemic. It's been unrelentless and I know you get it. But anyway it makes me happy to see you enjoyed a nice birthday and are recovering well from your surgery. Gentle hugs.

@Austina so glad to hear Bertie is feeling all better. Sorry the weather hasn't been great, I hear you. It's been cold and windy here the past few days so only hiking for us. No cycling. I always loathe to get started when the weather is like this as I dont want to go outside but generally once I force myself to go hiking I always feel better for it. But the getting started is challenging for sure. I am not built for this cold weather. Not at all. Hope you enjoy a lovely Sunday.

Hahaha @marcy I didn't even notice your tagline til I read what Sharon wrote. She's right, it is hilarious! Love it. :lol: and Truth!

@rainwood haha glad you enjoyed that. If I didn't laugh at my own jokes no one would :lol:. I can amuse myself very easily. :bigsmile:

Hi @bling_dream19 @Slick1 @mrs-b @springerspaniel @Polabowla @sarahb @Sunstorm @MMtwo @junebug17 @Keeliamira and anyone else who is reading. Hope your weekend is going well and that all of you who celebrate enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving.

We enjoyed a nice long hike yesterday despite the cold and windy weather. It's not even winter yet but I am pretty cold. Brrrr. We saw deer (so beautiful) and changing leaves still though most of the trees are almost bare now. I find bare trees hauntingly beautiful. And we ended up at the beach after our hike and it was so peaceful with the sound of the waves and the smell of the sea. And the puffy clouds. Serene and lovely.

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.34.25 AM.png
@MamaBee can you find the doe? :)

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.34.42 AM.png
The sound of the wind and sea were very calming. And look at those puffy clouds.

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.34.51 AM.png
You can see the city in the background. NYC and Brooklyn.

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 5.35.11 AM.png
Still lots of green around despite the majority of trees being bare. It was very lush and rich here.

Speaking of lush and rich may you all enjoy a luscious richly wonderful Sunday. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG it is snowing (lightly) here right now.

snowing.gif

For goodness sake. :doh:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is bright and sunny today! YAY! Supposed to be "warm" here--perhaps I'll venture out for a short walk. I feel like a shut in!! Well, but shut in nonetheless.

@Austina although I've never "met" Bertie I can just picture his sunny face full of beans! Very happy he is back on track! And we had chocolate mousse cake and a strawberry cake. And croissants. From our favorite Korean bakery that makes everything as LIGHT as a feather! Like eating sweet air!!! Very enjoyable.

@missy honestly, IMHO, snow is never welcome, but TIS the season. Nice to exercise outdoor while you can. The scenery (nature) makes a difference to how you feel. Is your tree still standing??? LOL :P2

@Slick1 hope your family is not giving you too much grief. When do your Christmas holidays start aka, last day of work?

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

I am way behind here so if I miss something it wasn’t intentional.

@Austina happy belated birthday to Kim! Sounds like she got some nice warm clothing for birthday gifts. Small world your neighbors are British too. I am glad to hear Bertie is doing better now. Nice to get wooden framing upgrades around the windows for free. My thanksgiving lasagna must have gone over well because while everyone indulged in turkey but me; over half of the lasagna pan was gone as well.

@missy yay for reaching 9K this year - cycling is one of you and Greg’s superpowers! Too funny Tommy took up residence in the Christmas tree so soon. Your niece’s turkey cake looks awesome and delicious. Did Greg make apple pie? My friend baked one that was delicious. Thank you for the Thanksgiving Snoopy image. LOL that Gracie is not as innocent as he appears; many would say the same about me. Boo for a chilly ride and snow. It’s near 60 here today.

@MamaBee the kitty bedding is so cute; I am sure your mom will get many smiles from it. I hear you on the cooking marathon. I will rest a few days then start Christmas baking. Butterball turkeys are great - that is what my mom always made. Good luck with your test on Monday.

@canuk-gal I hope you are feeling better each and every day. Birthday cake can’t hurt either. That’s great you talked to your mom.

@spingerspaniel good luck and best wishes on your application for a career change. I am looking forward to my “lack of” career soon especially after my peaceful afternoon was just ruined by some stupid updates I had to go make.

@Slick1 sorry the “outlaws” are causing grief. Good luck with that!

@junebug17 and @Calliecake I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

We had a busy week. My SIL was here from Monday through Friday morning. She and I put several puzzles together. I made cheesecake and lasagna for Thanksgiving dinner. Our friends didn't eat until 5 pm on Thursday so that was a long day - trying not to eat much so I'd be good and hungry. Dinner was smoked turkey, baked turkey, potatoes, stuffing, brandy cranberries, rolls, lasagna, green been casserole and fresh fruit salad. Dessert had many selections but I went for apple pie and cheesecake.

My SIL left Friday morning - Marty was decorating the outside of the house so I started bringing up everything to decorate the inside of the house. We have everything done except the tree. Marty surprised me with an inflatable Snoopy Red Baron yard decoration. I had 5 Snoopy night lights I put up around the living room dining room and kitchen - one of them popped the circuit breaker so I threw the 4 away that get warm on the base. No sense starting a fire. At least my favorite one stays cool.

Between working on the puzzles, hauling things up and down the stairs then standing on cement in Lowe's for over an hour my lower back started talking to me. It is better today but since I sleep on my back every morning is pure pain getting up and going again. I lifted this morning as usual and dead lifts were awful but I powered through.

Marty picked up a snow blower at Lowe's on black Friday. I was going to ask him if I should cancel the shoveling service - ha ha.

Yesterday Marty grilled a giant tenderloin for dinner yesterday. It was delicious! We have enough leftovers to have for dinner today. Woo hoo!

I need to start working on my December club newsletter today. Laundry is finished. My 5 day weekend gave me a glimmer of my upcoming retirement. Yay.

Take care.
Marcy

My new Snoopy lawn decoration
IMG_1263.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Much success to you tomorrow @MamaBee . It will be over before you know it!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the good wishes for tomorrow..
I drank my first dose of Clenpik…It‘s not pleasant tasting..Now I’m drinking tons of the required water and surfing bling..hahaha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Monday!!!

@MamaBee Thinking of you this morning Joanne and sending lots of good luck wishes your way for an easy procedure with benign findings.

yay for reaching 9K this year - cycling is one of you and Greg’s superpowers! Too funny Tommy took up residence in the Christmas tree so soon. Your niece’s turkey cake looks awesome and delicious. Did Greg make apple pie? My friend baked one that was delicious. Thank you for the Thanksgiving Snoopy image. LOL that Gracie is not as innocent as he appears; many would say the same about me. Boo for a chilly ride and snow. It’s near 60 here today.

@marcy Wow almost 60 degrees by you, I am jealous! LOL it is cold and windy here. Yes that Thanksgiving Snoopy image was for you! Greg is baking apple pie soon..we have all the ingredients but just waiting til the mood strikes. I'm always in the mood to eat apple pie though haha. And LOL yes cycling is one of our superpowers you are right :) How are you feeling? How is Marty doing? How was your visit with your SIL? I would have gone for apple and cheese cake too. A purrrrfect selection IMO. :lickout: And yay for Marty grilling enough for leftovers. Woohoo indeed. I LOVE leftovers. Yummmm.

Well, as for the tree and kitties, Gracie decided to get up in the tree yesterday. Her turn haha.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 5.09.09 AM.png

honestly, IMHO, snow is never welcome, but TIS the season. Nice to exercise outdoor while you can. The scenery (nature) makes a difference to how you feel. Is your tree still standing??? LOL :P2

@canuk-gal Hahaha see above. So far it is still standing! LOL. And yes I agree. Snow is never welcome IMO. Nope not at all. I used to enjoy it when I was younger though. We would have snow days and snow dates. One of my fondest memories is when Greg and I were dating and within the first few months of our relationship there was a lot of snow that fell one Monday. I couldn't get to work as the roads were treacherous. I called the hospital I was working at and said they could either send an ambulance to get me (haha) or I couldn't make it in that day. You can guess I got to stay home. I called Greg (who lived in the city and I was in Brooklyn) and asked him if he wanted to take a snow day with me. And he did. We had so much fun in Prospect Park and then ended up at a cafe all cold and wet from the snow and it was really romantic. Anyway all that to say I used to love the snow. But I was younger and stronger though not more weather resistant as I was freezing then too. LOL.

@Slick1 have a good week at school and before you know it Christmas vacation will be here!

@bling_dream19 how was your Thanksgiving weekend?

@Jemi thinking of you.

@Austina any house updates? Any ETAs? Hope that your Sunday was lovely and peaceful.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
We had a great hike/walk yesterday at a park new to us. It was so much fun. 700 acres. A former horse farm. It was beautiful and almost empty and just a perfect day. Cold but not windy and we got in a nice long walk and easy hike. Not the tough hiking trails as we didn't venture into the woody treacherous part. I wasn't up for that yesterday but definitely another day for the hiking there. It was a hard trail so I must be prepared and ready and careful and pay attention. We all know I can be a klutz so when we go hiking I am super vigilant.

Look at these colors. Catching the very last of Autumn.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 5.18.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 5.26.04 AM.png

Yesterday I was wearing my Hanukkah pants as last night was the first night of Hanukkah.
@bling_dream19 do you like these? As we were hiking we ran into a guy with three little dogs. So cute. And they ran up to us and jumped on me and as I was petting them and hugging them the guy said hey I like your Hanukkah pants haha. I always get surprised when someone knows they are Hanukkah themed as more people don't seem to know than do. :) Anyway I only get to wear them a couple of weeks of the year and yesterday was my first time this year wearing them. And they are my favorite color blue too.

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 5.21.21 AM.png

Have a marvelous Monday my sweet friends. Big hugs and lots of love. And @MamaBee let us know how it goes and when you are done. You need to celebrate by eating something decadent. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@missy nice photos! Great leggings!!!

@MamaBee hope you are home and AOK!

@marcy adorable inflatable! I love Charlie Brown et al.

I should go out today to do some banking but I seem to have a lot of pain today. It started last night, and wasn't bad when I got up this AM but it is bothering me now. I know it is related to swelling and fluid shifts as there is no visual change and I am afebrile. I don't want to take the strong meds as it makes me dopey. Anyway, I am not up to going out altho I could use the little exercise. The weather has been fine. I did stand out on the deck--but the furniture is in storage. LOL

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@missy nice photos! Great leggings!!!

@MamaBee hope you are home and AOK!

@marcy adorable inflatable! I love Charlie Brown et al.

I should go out today to do some banking but I seem to have a lot of pain today. It started last night, and wasn't bad when I got up this AM but it is bothering me now. I know it is related to swelling and fluid shifts as there is no visual change and I am afebrile. I don't want to take the strong meds as it makes me dopey. Anyway, I am not up to going out altho I could use the little exercise. The weather has been fine. I did stand out on the deck--but the furniture is in storage. LOL

cheers--Sharon

I’m sorry you’re in pain @canuk-gal..I hope you’re not doing too much.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry you’re in pain @canuk-gal..I hope you’re not doing too much.

Thank you. I couldn't do less! It is just inflammation, but yucky nonetheless.

Hope you good a good test result!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the colonoscopy today...It was a little rougher than usual. The prep was horrible. The first bottle I got down quickly..followed by the water. The second one tasted so much worse. It was horrible. I couldn’t go to bed until 3am. I was still up and down until 7.
They found one 6mm polyp since I had the last one four years ago. She said she thought it looked okay but sent it out to pathology like they do for all polyps. I woke up with a really dry throat. I realized I couldn’t swallow my toast. I had to drink something to wash it down. I just took Tylenol because my throat is so sore. I’ve never had symptoms like this in any colonoscopy I’ve ever had. I’ve been having them since I’m forty years old…It will be worth it if the polyp is benign. I think it will be since she didn’t seem concerned.
I laughed when the doctor asked me if I knew how big 6mm was. I told her I have a pair of earrings that are 6mm so I have a pretty good idea! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I couldn't do less! It is just inflammation, but yucky nonetheless.

Hope you good a good test result!

I hope your hubby is venturing into the kitchen to cook for you…I know mine can’t…He’s hopeless in the kitchen..but he’s picking up Italian food for dinner. I hope I can swallow it! I’ll have to chop up the chicken like you give to babies but I fully intend to get it down..haha

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your hubby is venturing into the kitchen to cook for you…I know mine can’t…He’s hopeless in the kitchen..but he’s picking up Italian food for dinner. I hope I can swallow it! I’ll have to chop up the chicken like you give to babies but I fully intend to get it down..haha

No he isn't.

And keep those bites small!!! Italian is yummy but not worth choking over.....

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout!
@missy I love your leggings and you know I love them on you. I placed a macys order today for some sweater tunics. I have plenty of leggings but not enough long enough tops. Occasionally lol I will wear leggings as pants but I'm sure most of the population would prefer I did not lol. Why are they so hard to find? I even broke down and ordered some jeans but I'm sure I'll return them all. Tis the season for returns lol! We had a great Thanksgiving and every second with my family is precious. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy last day of November and happy Giving Tuesday!

@canuk-gal I am sorry you were in pain yesterday and hope today you are feeling much better. It was smart to take it easy until you are feeling better. Remember one day at a time and easy does it. You don't want a setback. Big gentle hugs and bucketloads of healing vibes to you.

Nirdi shoutout!
@missy I love your leggings and you know I love them on you. I placed a macys order today for some sweater tunics. I have plenty of leggings but not enough long enough tops. Occasionally lol I will wear leggings as pants but I'm sure most of the population would prefer I did not lol. Why are they so hard to find? I even broke down and ordered some jeans but I'm sure I'll return them all. Tis the season for returns lol! We had a great Thanksgiving and every second with my family is precious. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love and hugs to all!

LOL, I hear you! I hope the tunics you bought work out. It is challenging finding long enough sweaters/tops to go with the leggings I agree. I have a whole collection fortunately that still fit. I agree wearing leggings one needs a tunic to complete the look and in the cooler weather boots too :)

Glad you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving!

@MamaBee I hope today your throat is all better and fingers crossed for a good result. May that polyp be benign.
Gentle hugs and healing vibes.
And happy Hanukkah to your DIL and your grandchildren and you too because by extension you are sort of Jewish now :)
Like Greg is you are the best of both! The more holidays to enjoy right?

@Slick1 hope the week is going smoothly.

Hi to everyone else.
Greg and I went hiking yesterday (cold and windy so no cycling in the near future) and it was a good day.
I gave equal time to Christmas yesterday and wore my reindeer Christmas leggings haha.
We saw 3 does so close up it was breathtaking.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.53.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.53.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.53.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.54.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 5.54.16 AM.png
Can you see the seagulls in the sky all lined up?

It was a moody gorgeous sky yesterday. You have to zoom in if you want to see my Xmas leggings sorry remember to get a good photo of those. And those deer were not scared of us at all. I was close enough to reach out and touch them but I knew better. Oh I wanted so badly to give them a big hug.

Today is a bit drizzly or as the meteorologist said strizzly or was it frizzly LOL (snow flurries with drizzle) so not sure what we are going to do. It's pretty cold and I don't want to hike while wet though we have cycled enough during downpours so I guess what's a little rain while hiking?

Enjoy a great Tuesday girls and big hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning lovelies!

Ugh, sorry to hear you’ve been in pain @canuk-gal, hoping today brings some relief and you feel considerably better. Take it easy and rest up.

Take it easy too @MamaBee. Sorry to hear they found another polyp, but everything crossed it’s totally benign. Only a NIRDI would compare the size of a polyp to the size of diamonds :mrgreen:

Glad you had a good thanksgiving @bling_dream19, and fingers crossed you find some keepers in your haul.

I’m glad you’re getting in the retirement spirit @marcy, love the new Snoopy lawn ornament, your house looks so festive with all the lights up.

Happy Hanukkah @missy, ugh to frizzly drizzle! The worst of both worlds. Beautiful photos as always, isn’t nature wonderful? The leaves are just beginning to turn here. Enjoy your day, whatever you decide to do.

We’ve had a busy couple of days. Sunday we FT with our friends to catch up, it’s really cold in the UK and our friends were jealous of the bright sunshine here. After that, we took Bertie to the dog park, and he had a great runaround with the other dogs. So much so that he actually took himself to the gate to tell us he’d had enough and wanted to go home :lol: Adam and Kim got back after an 8 hr drive from Oklahoma and we ordered Thai food for dinner.

Yesterday, Kim and I went shopping in the morning, and stocked up with lots of fruit and veg, then prepped veggies for soup, and fruit for fruit salad. Kim and I watched the Great British Bake Off in the afternoon, we’d seen the first few episodes in the UK, but missed the rest of the series. I cooked dinner, and then we started putting the tree up. We haven’t finished decorating it yet, but it’s looking so pretty.

We’re planning on going up to the house today, Colin felt a bit ‘off’ yesterday, so we’ll see how he feels today.

Have a terrific Tuesday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

Still in pain, luckily it isn't constant. I planned on taking one of my DH's Celebrex--but in past experience they really give me a gut ache. Yes, just one pill. Anyway, I'll deal. Soft tissue swelling is a bummer and takes time.

@Austina hope whatever ails Colin is short lived.
@missy your sky looked broody! But glad you got out to walk. I miss exercising. Hopefully we'll get to the bank tomorrow. There is some precipitation predicted but what the heck. I need to get out!!
@marcy has the countdown started yet??? LOL

Those meals kits are not too bad--I find a lot of garbage/recycle. And today I had a substitution: I ordered green beans and got a wilted carrot. OK YOU BET! LOL

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy December 1st! Woohoo we soon begin the climb out of the darkness in just a few more weeks!

@canuk-gal I hope with each day you are feeling better. Yes, soft tissue swelling takes a long time. More healing vibes being sent your way. We had another brooding sky yesterday. That is a perfect word to describe it, thanks. And we did get snow flurries so yeah it was cold. Glad the meal kits aren't too bad. LOL wilted carrot. Hopefully next time it will be a lovely carrot. Oh wait I think I meant Carats. :lol:

@Austina how is Colin feeling today? I am glad you enjoyed FTing your friends this weekend. And haha yes the weather by you is sunnier than by them this time of year I am sure. Maybe when the pandemic is over they will make the trip and visit you. How nice you and Kim are prepping meals and soups together. Really sweet. Speaking of sweet yummm to watching the Great British Bake off...I haven't seen that show because I don't want to start craving baked goods haha. Hugs to you and Bertie.

@MamaBee when do you get the biopsy results back?

@bling_dream19 I ordered a few pieces of clothing before the holidays but haven't yet received them...slow mail this time of year. My boots should be arriving Friday though woohoo.

@Slick1 hope all is going well. Hugs to Bear and you.

@springerspaniel when do you find out if you got the job? Hugs to Freddie and Clyde.

Hi to everyone else. We had a fun day yesterday. Went to another new park and botanical garden and it was lovely. It started snowing/flurrying actually after we had been there for two hours. By that time I had enough anyway as it got chillier. So we went to TJs to pick up some produce so we got to hike and shop. A purrrfect day.

I took a few pics. It was so pretty where we were yesterday. Looking forward to going back in Spring. Though one of the best things this time of year is it is empty at most of these parks and hiking trails. Which I love.

We were the only two in the garden.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.54.44 AM.png

Some of the colors were still vibrant where others were more washed out. Winter is coming.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.53.42 AM.png

I don't remember what kind of tree this is but Greg knew. I just know it's spectacular. My photos do not do it justice.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.53.18 AM.png

The Japanese maple was becoming a bit washed out with the approaching winter.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.49.36 AM.png

All the colors here a bit muted but beautiful nonetheless.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.49.46 AM.png

We did one of their hiking trails at the park across the street from the botanical gardens.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.50.07 AM.png

It was an incredibly steep trail with a very deep drop which was scary to me. One wrong move and off the cliff I go to my death...I told Greg it was like the beginning of a dateline or 48 hours special what happened to.... :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.49.10 AM.png

I couldn't capture the steep fall off because I am scared of heights lol so didnt take a photo on it but take my word for it. One wrong move and I wouldn't be here typing to you this morning. Needless to say I concentrated very hard to get through that hike lol.

Not sure what is on the agenda today...might be too chilly and windy for cycling and in that case another hike. We shall see.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies and big hugs.
XOXO

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy love all your pictures. Most of our fall leaves have blown off the trees here. Totally enjoying the cats lounging in the tree. Is it still standing? It was nice seeing my SIL. She won’t be back for a while anyway. She headed back to Arizona through Christmas. Then will drive up the west coast and see her two kids then on to Alaska to see some friends. Her new Class C motor home will be getting a workout.

@canuk-gal I hope your pain subsides soon. Keeping you in my thoughts, Glad the meal kits are not bad. I have not started a count down but I should! I am rather looking forward to retiring.

@MamaBee hoping you are recovering from your colonoscopy, sorry it was a rough one. I would bet most of us on PS are familiar with mm sizes. Ha Ha. I hope you were able to eat. Mega dust the polyp is benign.

@bling_dream19 glad you had a fabulous time with your family over thanksgiving.

@Austiina that is too cute Bertie got wore out at the dog park. I am sure she had a great time though! Sounds like all of you are keeping really busy. Nice to catch up with some of your friends in the UK. I hope Colin is feeling better.

Speaking of retiring yesterday my employees reminded me why I won’t miss being their boss. Soon it will no longer be my monkeys or my zoo. Woo hoo!!!

I have today off because I have my followup doctor appointment. Apparently I am seeing a nurse practitioner for some reason from another doctor’s office. I’m guessing that is okay because they often know more / different things than the doctor and she has a better online rating than he does. I am anxious to see how my blood work results look.

I got the December club newsletter ready to post this morning. I met Marty for breakfast. He didn’t have a call he needed to be on until 9 and was done at the gym by about 7:30 so I suggested he buy me breakfast. Ha!

I got up in time to see a pretty sunrise. I have had a sciatic pain for several days now that is better but still talking to me. Working on a puzzle for several nights, then hauling stuff up and down the stairs for decorating and shopping took a toll on me. It gets better during the day but sleeping on my back at night flares it right back up.

Guess I’ll eat some grapes and cheese before my appointment.

Take care.
Marcy

Assorted Christmas decorations this year
2021.jpeg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy December 1st! Woohoo we soon begin the climb out of the darkness in just a few more weeks!

@canuk-gal I hope with each day you are feeling better. Yes, soft tissue swelling takes a long time. More healing vibes being sent your way. We had another brooding sky yesterday. That is a perfect word to describe it, thanks. And we did get snow flurries so yeah it was cold. Glad the meal kits aren't too bad. LOL wilted carrot. Hopefully next time it will be a lovely carrot. Oh wait I think I meant Carats. :lol:

@Austina how is Colin feeling today? I am glad you enjoyed FTing your friends this weekend. And haha yes the weather by you is sunnier than by them this time of year I am sure. Maybe when the pandemic is over they will make the trip and visit you. How nice you and Kim are prepping meals and soups together. Really sweet. Speaking of sweet yummm to watching the Great British Bake off...I haven't seen that show because I don't want to start craving baked goods haha. Hugs to you and Bertie.

@MamaBee when do you get the biopsy results back?

@bling_dream19 I ordered a few pieces of clothing before the holidays but haven't yet received them...slow mail this time of year. My boots should be arriving Friday though woohoo.

@Slick1 hope all is going well. Hugs to Bear and you.

@springerspaniel when do you find out if you got the job? Hugs to Freddie and Clyde.

Hi to everyone else. We had a fun day yesterday. Went to another new park and botanical garden and it was lovely. It started snowing/flurrying actually after we had been there for two hours. By that time I had enough anyway as it got chillier. So we went to TJs to pick up some produce so we got to hike and shop. A purrrfect day.

I took a few pics. It was so pretty where we were yesterday. Looking forward to going back in Spring. Though one of the best things this time of year is it is empty at most of these parks and hiking trails. Which I love.

We were the only two in the garden.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.54.44 AM.png

Some of the colors were still vibrant where others were more washed out. Winter is coming.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.53.42 AM.png

I don't remember what kind of tree this is but Greg knew. I just know it's spectacular. My photos do not do it justice.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.53.18 AM.png

The Japanese maple was becoming a bit washed out with the approaching winter.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.49.36 AM.png

All the colors here a bit muted but beautiful nonetheless.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.49.46 AM.png

We did one of their hiking trails at the park across the street from the botanical gardens.
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.50.07 AM.png

It was an incredibly steep trail with a very deep drop which was scary to me. One wrong move and off the cliff I go to my death...I told Greg it was like the beginning of a dateline or 48 hours special what happened to.... :lol:

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 5.49.10 AM.png

I couldn't capture the steep fall off because I am scared of heights lol so didnt take a photo on it but take my word for it. One wrong move and I wouldn't be here typing to you this morning. Needless to say I concentrated very hard to get through that hike lol.

Not sure what is on the agenda today...might be too chilly and windy for cycling and in that case another hike. We shall see.
Have a wonderful day lovely ladies and big hugs.
XOXO

That Japanese lace leaf maple's colors are muted because those leaves are dead, but won't come off the tree unless removed by hand. Don't ask me how I know that!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thanks for asking about Colin, he did still feel off in the morning, and went and rested after breakfast, but by lunchtime, felt well enough for a quick trip up to the house.

Hi @rainwood lovely to see you, hope all is well with you.

Sciatic pain is horrible @marcy, I had problems when I was pregnant with my right leg, the extra weight was causing my sciatic nerve to scream! Hope everything went well with the nurse practitioner and you got good results. Yay to your retirement day growing ever closer and getting your newsletter all done and dusted!

Wow, the colours are spectacular @missy, and it sounds like you had the perfect outing yesterday, no crowds and beautiful scenery. I can guarantee you’d start craving all sorts of cakes and pastries if you watched the show, it’s Colin’s idea of heaven and the dream job, he’d love to be a judge :lol:

How’re you today @canuk-gal, hopefully in less pain. Oy to a wilted carrot, I’m pleased to say I didn’t get any substitutions in my boxes and the ingredients were all really fresh. I hope you complained.

I hope you’re feeling fine @MamaBee and over your procedure now. Did they say when you’d get the results back?

Not much has happened up at the house, the only thing we noticed was that they’ve taped around cables and pipes that were going into or coming out of the house (depending on how you look at it!). We did get an update yesterday that the latest inspection had been done, and everything was passed, so they can now get on with the spray foam insulation.

We also heard today that our belongings will be arriving on the 2nd February 2022, which suits us fine. It’s highly unlikely the house will be ready, but it’ll mean less time in storage here, as I’ve heard horror stories about things going missing from storage facilities.

We had booked a valuation at a local jeweller, because JM wouldn’t accept my UK ones, so we went up there today, and waited while the appraiser looked at Bella, Marilyn and my pink sapphire. While I was there, I was talking to one of the SA’s, and he was totally smitten with Bella and asked all about her. He also let me try on an 18 carat diamond tennis bracelet, and then couldn’t get it off :lol: I did ask if that meant I had to keep it, but unfortunately, his persistence did finally release it from my wrist. :mrgreen: It was a mere $90,000, but on reflection, I felt it was just a little too ostentatious for my weekly trips to HEB:cool2:

Went out shopping with Kim this afternoon, and bought 2 lovely jumpers which I really didn’t need, but will definitely wear, that girl is a terrible influence =)2

2AD9F318-7D49-4634-BFE2-1332A7F54D98.jpeg

Still got more baubles to put on the tree so must get on.

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina glad Colin was feeling better today. Sorry you had sciatica pain when you were pregnant. sounds miserable. I am not surprised the jeweler was smitten with Bella. How could they not be? I can’t imagine what an 18 carat bracket looked like. I think my 4 carat is big. I tried on a D flawless 3 stone EC ring one time that was around 6 or 7 carats total. Marty had on a $35,000 watch at the time and the jeweler told him if we buy the ring he can have the watch. Marty told me to take off that ring NOW! I have no idea what it cost but it was gorgeous. The tree looks great!

The doctor visit was okay but didn’t give me any answers or direction. Yet. My blood pressure was still high so she increased my dosage of blood pressure pills. Since I have a heart murmur she thinks I need an EKG. I will call and try to get that scheduled after she sends the order somewhere. She advised me to take all the Tylenol I want but watch how much Advil I take because it can cause cardiac issues. The thyroid looked better but still readings as hyperthyroidism. The blood looked better in some cases and worse in others. She thought I should take 2 of the kiddie vitamins a day rather than one and get blood work after the EKG then come see the doctor again. So basically nothing is answered or resolved. Phooey.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Thursday!

@marcy glad you had yesterday off from work and woohoo to retiring soon. Ugh sorry about the findings from the NP visit yesterday. I hope your BP lowers soon and the medical questions get answered. I know how that feels. Not good. Hope you can get the EKG scheduled soon and that is is fine. When did you start showing signs of hyperthyroidism? Are you being evaluated for Graves disease? And you are right. Your SIL is giving her motor home quite the workout and it sounds like quite the trip. Alaska was one of my favorite places to visit. Gorgeous scenery and super friendly people. It's beautiful seeing the sunrise. I am always up for hours before the sun rises so I never miss it lol. Nice you already posted the December newsletter. You are on top of things Marcy. Your Christmas decorations are beautiful; thank you for sharing.

@rainwood aww that's too bad. It didnt look dead at all. We have a dead Japanese maple on our property (no clue what happened as it was fine last year) and we are going to remove it and replace it with something else. But this one looked OK to us. It's sad to think it is dead. We are looking forward to going back to the gardens again. It was a wonderful discovery and not too far from us at the beachhouse. I will add though compared to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens there is no comparison. The BBG is amazing. I miss it. It's been years since we got to visit there.

@Austina I am happy Colin is feeling better and you got to visit your new home. I am sorry things aren't moving along a bit faster though. It is good your belongings are not arriving til February. Less time to "lose" them in storage for sure. Sounds like a fun time visiting the jewelry store and getting your pieces appraised. I am not surprised the jewelry was smitten with Bella. She is swoonworthy indeed. Lovely Christmas tree. And we can always enjoy more clothes (and boots haha and mine arrived last night-love them). I love jumpers. Enjoy.

@canuk-gal how are you feeling today?

@bling_dream19 my boots came and I love them as did my sleeveless turtleneck tunics. The length is great. Very pleased. Buying online can be risky but happy with the outcome this time. Hope you're happy with all your purchases too.

@Slick1 it's already Thursday woohoo and only one more day til FriYAY and then the weekend. Hope you are enjoying a smooth and easy week.

@sarahb hope all is well and things are going smoothly.

@springerspaniel happy Thursday.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a good week.

So we combined hiking and shopping again yesterday as I had to go to Costco. But the weather was beautiful so we went hiking too. Still windy so we decided to hike vs bike but today might be cycling after my periodontal cleaning. Hopefully it will all work out.

I only took two photos as we were hiking yesterday. I was smitten with the bright yellow colors and the hazy wintery sun.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 5.22.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 5.22.00 AM.png

And lastly I couldn't resist this scene. So sweet.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 5.23.03 AM.png

Happy Thursday all! XOXO.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Thursday!

@marcy glad you had yesterday off from work and woohoo to retiring soon. Ugh sorry about the findings from the NP visit yesterday. I hope your BP lowers soon and the medical questions get answered. I know how that feels. Not good. Hope you can get the EKG scheduled soon and that is is fine. When did you start showing signs of hyperthyroidism? Are you being evaluated for Graves disease? And you are right. Your SIL is giving her motor home quite the workout and it sounds like quite the trip. Alaska was one of my favorite places to visit. Gorgeous scenery and super friendly people. It's beautiful seeing the sunrise. I am always up for hours before the sun rises so I never miss it lol. Nice you already posted the December newsletter. You are on top of things Marcy. Your Christmas decorations are beautiful; thank you for sharing.

@rainwood aww that's too bad. It didnt look dead at all. We have a dead Japanese maple on our property (no clue what happened as it was fine last year) and we are going to remove it and replace it with something else. But this one looked OK to us. It's sad to think it is dead. We are looking forward to going back to the gardens again. It was a wonderful discovery and not too far from us at the beachhouse. I will add though compared to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens there is no comparison. The BBG is amazing. I miss it. It's been years since we got to visit there.

@Austina I am happy Colin is feeling better and you got to visit your new home. I am sorry things aren't moving along a bit faster though. It is good your belongings are not arriving til February. Less time to "lose" them in storage for sure. Sounds like a fun time visiting the jewelry store and getting your pieces appraised. I am not surprised the jewelry was smitten with Bella. She is swoonworthy indeed. Lovely Christmas tree. And we can always enjoy more clothes (and boots haha and mine arrived last night-love them). I love jumpers. Enjoy.

@canuk-gal how are you feeling today?

@bling_dream19 my boots came and I love them as did my sleeveless turtleneck tunics. The length is great. Very pleased. Buying online can be risky but happy with the outcome this time. Hope you're happy with all your purchases too.

@Slick1 it's already Thursday woohoo and only one more day til FriYAY and then the weekend. Hope you are enjoying a smooth and easy week.

@sarahb hope all is well and things are going smoothly.

@springerspaniel happy Thursday.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a good week.

So we combined hiking and shopping again yesterday as I had to go to Costco. But the weather was beautiful so we went hiking too. Still windy so we decided to hike vs bike but today might be cycling after my periodontal cleaning. Hopefully it will all work out.

I only took two photos as we were hiking yesterday. I was smitten with the bright yellow colors and the hazy wintery sun.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 5.22.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 5.22.00 AM.png

And lastly I couldn't resist this scene. So sweet.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 5.23.03 AM.png

Happy Thursday all! XOXO.

@missy I wasn't very clear. The tree isn't dead, just the leaves. Lace leaf maples often don't shed their leaves themselves in the fall. You have to take them off yourself. I wish I'd know that before we put one in. Mine is still awaiting its deadheading.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I hope your cleaning went well today. Nice to get in shopping and hiking. We are in the 60’s here today. I know Mother Nature will make up for it soon. The doctor just told me in September my thyroid functions normally but my brain counteracts it so that was the first I knew it was an issue. He seems more focused on my blood pressure and anemia which I get. I know you completely understand the frustration with doctors and not getting answers. I am starting to think the good old Doc in a Box GP gives you a better chance of seeing the big picture. I in general do feel better.

Not much new here today. I’m kind of done with my work today so did type up my retirement letter effective December 24. I will print it and sign it tomorrow. Then I’ll take the big step of turning it in and emailing it off. Ooh fun.

I have on a mans long sleeve t shirt today that is too big for me, just wearing it under a cotton plaid shirt. This is the warmest I’ve been at work EVER. Maybe I should wear this every day!!!!!

Take care,
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I wasn't very clear. The tree isn't dead, just the leaves. Lace leaf maples often don't shed their leaves themselves in the fall. You have to take them off yourself. I wish I'd know that before we put one in. Mine is still awaiting its deadheading.

@rainwood I have Japanese Red Maple trees in Pa and Maryland..I never remove the leaves from either of them. One is a large tree..I would never be able to pick those leaves off. I never knew you were supposed to pick off the leaves. It comes back every year full and red so I’m happy mine don’t need to be picked off. I wouldn’t do it anyway.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@rainwood I have Japanese Red Maple trees in Pa and Maryland..I never remove the leaves from either of them. One is a large tree..I would never be able to pick those leaves off. I never knew you were supposed to pick off the leaves. It comes back every year full and red so I’m happy mine don’t need to be picked off. I wouldn’t do it anyway.
@missy Please don’t remove your tree. It may not be dead. Mine looks washed out at this time but gets really nice when the weather gets warmer.
I love your cats…No…I think Oliver is sweet but he belongs with you…
:lol:
I love that they are enjoying your Christmas tree.
Your photos are beautiful. I feel like I’m there..
I didn’t get my results back yet @Austina and @missy
Your tree looks lovely @Austina. I’m so happy you are all settled in. You went through so much to get there. I hope Colin is feeling better…It’s wonderful that you get along so well with your daughter-in-law. I don’t know how she couldn’t love you. I only know you from here but I know she must be so thankful she didn’t get a miserable MIL. I hear stories all the time about how awful they can be. I have a wonderful DIL so I really feel lucky.
I can imagine what the jewelry associate thought when she saw Bella. She’s amazingly beautiful..I also just love the setting. They are perfect together.
@marcy I wish your doctors can figure out your medical issues. That’s good that some are improving.
Thanks for hoping I feel better after the colonoscopy. I’ve never had a reaction like that. I spoke to the nurse at the office..She said it was probably the Proponol. I have my doubts..I‘ve had it before without a problem. I think it was the med to dry me up because I have allergies. It’s distressing to not know what it is because then I can’t prevent it from happening again.
That‘s so great you are looking forward to retiring. My husband will retire January 3rd. He’s a type A personality..I have no idea what he plans to do with himself. We do have a lot of paper work and house repairs to sort out. He’s used to being in charge...with everyone hanging on to his every word. It will be a rude awakening for him if he expects that from me.

@bling_dream19 I know you love to make soups. Do you have an Instapot? I just ordered one. I’ve always been intimidated by them..but I decided to try again.
Have you started cooking and freezing for the holidays?
@mrs-b Where are you? I’m starting to get worried.
@canuk-gal I hope you’re feeling better today. I laughed when you said you got a wilted carrot as your substitution. I get some weird stuff when I order for pickup and delivery.
@Slick1 How’s your little fella? He has so much personality. I love watching him run and jump. The weekend is almost here…
I‘m in Maryland now. S went on a business trip Tuesday…He flew into Houston in the morning…In the afternoon he flew to California. He’s coming back today. David and I left before he got home..I told him he needed a PCR test before we will go back home again. He has one set up for Wednesday. If he gets the results early enough on Thursday we’ll go home that day. If not we’ll go home on Friday. I haven’t been back here since August during the fly fiasco. They‘re gone. S came here to get the vents cleaned and disinfected. They found a dead mouse in a duct. That may have caused the problem with the addition of someone leaving the lights on in the basement. Those basement walls are from 1904 so probably like Swiss cheese. In any case..they are gone. When I walked in the house it smelled so fresh. The duct cleaning guys did a great job. I‘ve been disinfecting every surface since I got here.
On Saturday David and I are going to visit Scott and Allie. They are looking into upgrading her diamond. I will watch Jackson so they can give their almost full attention to trying on different sizes. They will take Noah which is why I says they will be giving it their almost full attention…
Allie just got her booster today. Scott gets his on the 6th. I can’t believe it’s almost three months since my last dose (3)…Since I didn’t get a booster.…just a third dose…I’m wondering what I should do when six months is over…Technically I could still get a booster…I’m watching what Israel does..We’ll see..
Hi to everyone else..

Last edited:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It's just the lace leaf miniature variety of Japanese maples that are like that. Fortunately they are small. I have other Japanese Maples that are the big non-lace leaf kind and they drop their leaves just fine.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

I don't care much for the darkness at 5pm. Could be midnight for all I know! And the low clouds today that brought some precipitation didn't help. Had an ER visit to the Dentist today--I cut my gum (I guess) on my favorite very hard crackers yesterday and gosh my mouth was sore. I went out of an abundance of caution--last thing I need is a dental problem after surgery. He gave me my fav periodontal gel and it helped before when I had my last crown done, so I'm thinking it will do the trick now. Fun never ends!!!! LOL I still do have post op discomfort but that is the healing process. The swelling has subsided nicely--staring to look normal again.

My dear sister took Mom today for a haircut and brow tint at her salon. Treat for my Mom! Mom looks great! Then she took her for Indian food. Mom got back in time for pub afternoon and live entertainment at her residence. They are scheduled to make Christmas treats tonight. My Mother's agenda is busier and more fun than mine!!!! Although I did have lunch out with a dear friend who is in town to visit family. Very nice. But I can't lie, I am tired.

@marcy hope they'll get to the bottom your issues soon. Do they have an old EKG or ECHO of yours for comparison? So many murmurs are functional--a good thing.

@missy glad you are capitalizing on the good weather and getting outdoors. Icy conditions prevented much else than walking to the car door, etc.

@MamaBee all that you do sounds exhausting!!!! Take it easy. Hope your car is ship shape.

Stay safe and well folks. You are all in my thoughts.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results