shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope your back gets better today. It doesn’t take much for mine to go out..Aging is better than the alternative..hahaha
Hubby is good. I should say no more dizziness..We had a flood in our storage room so he was in there carrying out stuff and cleaning up all day Tuesday starting during the night on Monday. He will be 70 on Saturday..He’s very sore. He married a baby...I’m 67..:bigsmile: Thanks for asking.
Your ice cream looks so delicious. I put on major pandemic weight so I haven’t been having ice cream. I decided I would have one scoop a week. It’s not much in that cup...sigh..

@canuk-gal I smiled when I read you “piled on the pearls” to go out for lunch..I completely understand! I went to my first store yesterday..Hallmark! Hahaha I needed a card for my son and daughter-in-law’s anniversary. I’ve been buying cards on Amazon..but the anniversary ones stunk. I kept telling David I was excited to be in the store. Even David understood I had lost it and was crazy. Hahaha I’m dying to go to Homegoods. I plan to pile on my jewelry and fill up my cart with stuff I don’t need. Then true to form I’ll put stuff back before I checkout just buying a few items..It’s the experience...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@marcy, I'm sorry I missed your birthday, Happy belated Birthday and I hope you had a lovely day. Sounds like your dinner was really nice. It's a pleasure to see your beautiful dangles and pendant, gorgeous diamonds. I love your profile pic too. Congrats on your new ipad, have fun with it. Hopefully those rabbits leave it alone lol.

@MamaBee, LOL to your comment to the workmen, too funny! Ugh to the leak but it's great the guys were able to come so soon. Very glad your dh is better. It's great you were able to do the POA, makes things easier. FWIW I love your diamond in its current setting, I've seen pics of it stacked with your bands and it looks gorgeous.

Hi @bling_dream, so glad you're enjoying your jewelry, you have a beautiful collection. I love that you coverted the studs to dangles, great idea.

@missy, your sister's new rescue bird is so sweet and such cute pics of your nieces and him together. So nice that he's going to get lots of love and attention now and he couldn't be in better hands. Glad you're keeping busy and getting some cycling in in spite of the weather.

@Polabowla, sorry you're not feeling well, hope you feel better soon and take care. <3

@springerspaniel, so sorry the paper is still giving you fits, good luck with it.

@mrs-b, it's beyond frustrating that David doesn't have a diagnosis yet and I hope that changes soon. Cute pic of Tim and Cirrus, and you have beautiful home. Your new diamond upgrade is just beautiful, I'm sure you can't wait to have it set.

@Austina, I'm sorry Colin needs surgery, I must have missed that, and what a pain that the hospital is so hard to get to. I think the Rav 4 is a really nice car. So exciting to see where your house is going to be built. It's wonderful that Bertie is thriving with Kim and Adam and doing so well.

@canuk-gal, yay to warm weather and to feeling somewhat normal, it's nice you were able to eat out. Hope you had a good time cycling today.

My son and his girlfriend were here for the Memorial Day weekend and we all had a nice time. The weather was good so they were able to go swimming in the pool and the ocean. We went kayaking, rented a boat for a boat ride, and spent a day in Charleston. We also ate a lot LOL!

We're driving back to NJ on Sunday. Dh's office is open 3 days a week now so back to reality for him. It will be an adjustment, he's really enjoyed working from home here.

Take care all!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina - I've somehow missed the news about your DH's surgery. I'm so sorry he has to go through this! Would you mind sharing again when he's having his procedure? I hope all goes smoothly for him and that he heals without a hitch. And that is AWESOME news re no covid deaths! Here's hoping it's a sign of more days just like it to come. And bring on the hot weather and the cherries! In Australia - Sydney, to be exact - at our fruit and vegetable outdoors wholesale markets, there's a big auction every year at the beginning of summer for the first tray of cherries to be sold. The money goes to charity and the tray will be sold for tens of thousands of dollars. It's almost always restaurants that bid, and they then take the cherries, make desserts, and sell them to much fanfare. Just a nice little custom that happens in my home town. :))

@MamaBee - Just read your intentions re Homegoods. I'm pretty sure we were separated at birth. If I don't leave the house soon for something NOT health related, I'll go out of my mind. And from now on, I'm adding the words "like a stripper" to all sorts of random comments. I might try it tomorrow during my colonoscopy - that should bring the house down!! And I have nothing to say re your rugs. It's just beyond words. Lovely spinel, tho!

@missy - I'm worried about you. Enough said. I'm just worried. I know you're one super tough cookie - but...just let me worry, ok? How is your back feeling? And - what is *your* favorite icecream? I see all these delicious photos, but have never thought to ask you if you have a favorite. I always think I'll get something other than rum and raisin and yet...in the end...always rum and raisin! How is Greg going? Could you throw in a one line update on whether he feels back to his old self as yet? And I'm thinking of you tomorrow when you have your call with your friend. Big hugs to you, AG!

@canuk-gal - yay for pearls! June is pearl month, so you were right in the zone! Did you get to cycle? And was it like a stripper?? :mrgreen: (I'm sorry - I just love it!). I'm SO glad you've finally got some heat! 30c - yay!

@marcy - I'm so jealous re your evening with friends on Sunday. It sounds like a wonderful evening! And I'm with you re cleaning up that night. I don't mind doing some bits and pieces the next day (washing linen, polishing glass table tops etc), but I had better be getting up to a clean kitchen or my whole day is thrown out! I hate mess. And by the way, I booked into the hairdresser to wash and blow-dry my hair for me before we go out for dinner for my birthday. I just can't get this mop on my head to do what I want it to do - so I'm calling in the professionals!

@junebug17 - do you have a vacation home in South Carolina? The idea of having a pool AND the ocean nearby is just delicious! I'm so jealous! I'm so glad you were able to celebrate Memorial Day with your son and his girlfriend - very special. :)) Further to your DH going back to work - Tim's employer is seriously floating the idea of people staying out of the office permanently. They own so much expensive, inner city real estate, if they could offload it, they'd make a bundle! So I'm pretty sure that's what's behind their thinking. They're a global company, so their real estate holdings are massive. I think Tim would love to go back to the office - but not full time. Your DH's 3 days a week sounds perfect and would be Tim's preference also, I think. I'm pretty sure he'd like to see somebody other than me and the dogs!

As for me - sigh. I tweaked my back yesterday and it hurts. The nerve is damaged from an old injury/surgery and it makes me nauseous and dizzy when I hurt it, and gives me shooting pain from back to foot. My back in general is a disaster, and I try to be very careful, but I did something stupid yesterday lifting something, and I had this sharp, ripping pain - and there we were. Normally, I wouldn't mention it and wouldn't much care, except that tomorrow I have a colonoscopy and gastroscopy, and I have to have those things under a general, and I'm worried about how they'll go flipping me around, and what my back will feel like when I wake up. I'm also on a clear fluids diet till after the procedure, and I can't think of anything interesting to have. So I'm just drinking water - and I'm hungry!

On the upside tho - my new diamond arrived yesterday and it's fabulous! At the risk of repeating myself (I posted this elsewhere) here's a little video I took. It's a 4.05ct H VS1 ACA from WhiteFlash. It's just in a spring clasp here and I am driving myself out of my mind trying to come up with an idea for a setting!

But even better than diamonds - ROSES! I love flowers and gardens above all things and yesterday picked these from my garden. Isn't the color sublime?

Love to you all and NIRDI shout out!

20210603_134941.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s OK @mrs-b, Colin’s surgery is elective (predictive text just typed electric :lol: ) He’s prone to varicose veins, and had surgery several years ago to strip the veins, but has more now. Seems to be a genetic thing, his mother had awful veins too. Hopefully, he’ll just be in for the day, next Saturday 13th, just a shame the hospital is in the middle of nowhere. *thud* to your beautiful new stone, it’s a stunner for sure.

Sounds like you had a lovely time @junebug17, we can’t wait until we can visit Adam and Kim again. It must’ve been lovely swimming, being by the sea and hiring a boat. All really ‘normal’ things.

That’s great you got your glad rags and bling on @canuk-gal, here’s to more outings.

It does feel great to get out to the shops again @MamaBee, we must do our bit for the economy, at least that’s my excuse :lol: I’ve been on a bit of a spending spree lately, bought 4 pairs of crop trousers, 6 tops and today, 2 pairs of blingy sandals. :mrgreen: That’s great that Shatzie is doing better, and he’s younger than Colin, my old man will be 71 this year!

I always hated going back to work after time off @marcy, hopefully it’s been an easy day today.

Oh no @missy, how’s your back feeling now? It’s always something isn’t it?
I hope it’s easing off and not causing you any pain now. Your weather yesterday sounded perfect for riding, it was rather muggy here and uncomfortable. Another lovely day here, although we’ve just had a few spits and spots of rain.

Well, we had lots of fun today. The glazing company had to come back today to replace a sealed unit they replaced a while ago, because the interior colour was wrong. We hadn’t noticed, but the fitter did, and he came and exchanged it this morning. As soon as he left, we went food shopping, and when we got back, decided to get out and start the pressure washing. Well, that was the plan, but as with all things, it didn’t work out.

We put the oil and the petrol in the washer, followed the instructions, tried to start it and it spluttered and died. Several more attempts were also unsuccessful, so we decided to have lunch and try again afterwards. After lunch we tried again and just couldn’t get it started. I hosed down the garden furniture, then started on the patio. We took it in turns to use a stiff broom to brush the patio, and just after 4pm decided to call it a day. Colin said he was going to try one more time, and I said, you know it’ll start now, just as we’ve decided to go in. Yep, the bleeping thing started first time :lol: So I just got on with with, and did the main area and will do the rest tomorrow.

Can’t believe it’s going to be Friday again tomorrow :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!

Another 30C glorious day!!!!! I'm in my milieu!!! Cycled in the heat--which is no small feat LOL. Did my usual 14K loop and saw tons of people I know! DH and I will go for a walk later to the park.

@missy and @mrs-b and @Austina healing vibes your way. @marcy nice to have a short work week--even though it probably didn't seem short to you.

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Migraine- dizzy - lots of nausea - all common when I hurt my back.

Colonoscopy cancelled. And after a day of fasting, too.

Poop.

(so to speak)

(...like a stripper...)

:mrgreen:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Migraine- dizzy - lots of nausea - all common when I hurt my back.

Colonoscopy cancelled. And after a day of fasting, too.

Poop.

(so to speak)

(...like a stripper...)

:mrgreen:

:lol::lol-2:

Sorry your colonoscopy was cancelled though..:wall:
Are you having those symptoms today? If so..I hope you’ll be better soon..

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol-2:

Sorry your colonoscopy was cancelled though..:wall:
Are you having those symptoms today? If so..I hope you’ll be better soon..

Yes - because I hurt my back again. I have a recurring injury that affects the nerves down the right hand side. Lots of shooting nerve pain. Sucks the big one.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes - because I hurt my back again. I have a recurring injury that affects the nerves down the right hand side. Lots of shooting nerve pain. Sucks the big one.

That’s awful...I’ve had sciatica...It would only happen when I was driving to Maryland on the long car ride. As soon as I stood up the pain disappeared. I would sometimes pull over to the shoulder on a highway to stand up because it was so painful.
My mom has nerve pain down her leg..She takes Gabapentin..It really works for her...Feel better..Eat a lot. Calories don’t count when you’re in pain.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal glad you had such a lovely time on a lovely day. How fun to pile on the pearls. I hope you have many more of them. I believe Summer is finally here. Too funny the word that stuck out to me in your post was 14K - I thought gold not kilometers.

@lambskin great info on cleaning rugs!

@missy my ice cream was great, thank you. I had a chocolate Frosty tonight. It’s ice cream time, right? Your ice cream looks delicious. I hope your muscle is feeling better; Marty always tells me to go lift with just the bar when I am sore and it surprising helps me feel better. Don’t know if that works for you but it’s worth a shot. LOL love your meme about putting on socks. I swear there are days my hair hurts. Ha Ha.

@MamaBee I do hope your rugs can be salvaged; nice to donate some of them to someone who will clean them. It is fun to actually be in a store; I kind of felt giddy going to Kohl’s the other day and I was there to drop off a return to Amazon. I wandered the entire store. Enjoy your trip to Homegoods whenever you get to go. I’ve been ordering cards from Amazon and Hallmark. Not as much fun as browsing through them in a store.

@junebug17 thank you for the birthday wishes. I did have a nice day. So far the rabbits are leaving my iPad alone but I always keep an eye on them. Your Memorial Day weekend sounds fun with your son and his girl friend visiting. I bet your DH has mixed feelings about going in to the office 3 days a week. In a way I like the feeling of being at work but being at home has a lot of benefits too.

@mrs-b your ACA is gorgeous and HUGE. What a great story about cherries. We definitely feel the same about cleaning up a mess now rather than later. I’ll put some stuff away the next day or finish washing the table linens but I want those dishes DONE! Great idea to have your hair styled when you go to dinner. We went shopping in Denver one time and my knees were awful that day so instead of walking around shopping I had my hair done while Marty shopped. I had them trim it and style it - the used moose and spiked it (definitely not me) and I giggled every time I saw myself in the mirror that day. It was a fun day. That’s interesting about Tim’s employer considering allowing his employees to continue working at home. I think a lot of companies will consider that; overall it should save companies money not having expensive offices to maintain. I hate to hear about your back and nausea; I hope you are feeling better now. Gorgeous roses. A friend of mine found a pink and white rose at a nursery this weekend; she bought it.

@Austina I hope Colin’s surgery goes well. I always remember what a friend of mine told me about her surgery for that; she said it was like someone stood on her but and used a crochet hook to pull on all of her veins. Hopefully Colin’s surgery is NOTHING like that. Of course your power washer would start after you’ve already hosed a bunch of things downs. Hopefully it fires right up tomorrow.

Work was slow today. My boss is on vacation through the 15th; that will be kind of nice. Weather is really warming up. I hope we can get our flower pots planted this weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy LOL I tend to defer to carat gold and jewellery references where possible (my default mode)..... But I did meant 14 kms. And it was a chocolate ice cream day for my DH as well!!!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crazy day today! I hope everyone had a good one! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My hubby’s birthday is tomorrow. He never wants anything. I tried to think of something but it would wind up at Goodwill. I bought him an extension charger for his phone and chocolate covered pretzels. Embarrassing...We’re having my mom and Chris to dinner. We’re actually ordering Italian in. He loves a restaurant near us so that’s what we’re getting. No cooking for me!

@mrs-b Please check your IG. I got another cad from David. I don’t want to put it on PS. Thanks..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Another splendid weather day--cycled and bought flower/pots for the deck. Sticker shock--I've NEVER paid upward of $40 bucks for single flower pots!! Outrageous!!! Anyway.

Weather is turning cooler. More seasonal LOL.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls and happy Caturday Saturday!

@canuk-gal I glad you enjoyed a wonderful ride the other day and as for your cooler weather coming I woud gladly trade you....it's a heat wave for the next number of days....in the 90s F. I am already sweating thinking about the heat and humidity here. LOL. Gonna ride but it's gonna be a very hot ride indeed for the next week ? or so. Too hot too soon for me!

@Slick1 you are the sweetest to think of me at this time especially when you are dealing with so much. Thank you and I cannot wait to get it. I am so excited lol. Only 2 weeks left wooohoooo and it will be summer vacation!

@junebug17 your Memorial Day weekend sounded splendid and so wonderful you were able to visit with your son and his girlfriend and enjoy kayaking and boating and eating out. A perfect weekend! I am sorry your DH has to go back to the office a few days a week. So far Greg is able to work from home still but I know we are on borrowed time so to speak. Can't believe it's the weekend already. Hope you have another fun relaxing weekend.

@marcy yes, it's always ice cream time around here haha. Yay your boss is on vacation for a couple of weeks and hope the office atmosphere is quiet and chill and no stressful events happen.

@Austina hope Colin's varicose vein surgery goes smoothly. And re the power washer...yup. It's the way things go at times but glad it is working and you are on it. I cannot believe the weekend is here already. Flying by for sure.

@mrs-b how are you feeling today? And how is your back? I am so sorry you are dealing with yet more pain and challenges and sorry you had to postpone your colonoscopy and gastroscopy and I am continuing to send you healing vibes and hugs. Yay for David visiting soon and for Cirrus winning all those awards. Doesn't surprise me at all. And your diamond...SWOON!!!!!!!! I need smelling salts ASAP. WOW!!!!!!

@springerspaniel have a happy weekend.

@sarahb big hugs and lots of good wishes and hope you have a fun and lovely weekend. Is it as hot by you as it is by us? Suddenly we are in the middle of August weather wise.

@Polabowla thinking of you and sending good wishes and healing vibes.

@bling_dream19 happy weekend girlfriend and hope your mom is continuing to thrive and you are enjoying time with your family and that work is calm.

@MamaBee so happy Shatzie is better.Whew. The most important thing in life is the well being and good health of our loved ones. Everything else is gravy so to speak.

Hi to everyone else and hope all is going well.

My back was all better by the next day fortunately and perhaps the heating pad sped up my recovery but I was able to lift weights yesterday no problem. Greg and I went outdoor outlet shopping yesterday due to thunder threat all day and when the storm hit we were already home safe and sound but man it was fierce. I was shocked we didn't lose power. It was scary stormy out there for an hour. Just when I did my telemedicine call with my girlfriend too. With all the thunder and lightning and pouring rain. Made for an interesting call.

The upshot of the telemedicine call is this. If my bleeding continues I have to see her for a biopsy. (she is not close by but I will go to her and not my local gynecologist for the biopsy). She is giving me another month to see if it continues. And in the meantime she is switching my hormone delivery from compounded cream to FDA approved bio identical gel.

The reason I didn't start with the FDA bio identical hormones was because I am allergic to everything and the compounded cream is hypoallergenic and compounded in versa base. Unfortunately the FDA bio identical meds are not hypoallergenic so I may experience a skin reaction which would prove impossible to tolerate but I am going to try.

Her theory as to why I am bleeding 6 weeks now is 1. something is going on ie fibroids/polyps (or worse but she feels the worse case scenario is unlikely) etc that the ultrasound didn't pick up or 2. the compounded non FDA creams are not stable. Less likely but worth a try.

She is not excited to do a biopsy on me because she is concerned it is going to be challenging as I never had kids and my cervix is going to be hard. She will be presribing meds to soften it should I need a biopsy but I have already heard from my friends who went through this who have not had kids that yes it is painful. But I am a tough cookie right? And putting on my big girl panties and will do what I have to do. But I am hoping hard the bleeding will stop and I can continue hormones. Please universe let me be able to continue taking the hormones to help my health and please let the bleeding stop.:pray:

Thanks for letting me vent and share. Hope everyone enjoys a fun and happy healthy weekend. Sending you all lots of love and hugs.

Oh and I got 3 pairs of cute summer shoes yesterday while shopping so score. :)

Leaving you with a photo right before the thunder and lighting and pouring rain hit last night.
You can see a reflection of my phone lol.

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 5.59.41 AM.png

Happy Caturday Saturday!

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 6.06.01 AM.png

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
Missy, I had an endometrial biopsy before kids. First try with no softening agent or pain meds had to be stopped because I couldn't handle the pain from the tenaculum holding my cervix. BUT second try with the softening agent and 800mg of ibuprofen ahead of time was not fun but definitely tolerable. The worst pain was from the pinch of the biopsy sampling itself (the tenaculum was just unpleasant like getting a PAP, not excruciating) and that was for a second or two. So I hope if it comes to it you will have something closer to my experience.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I had an endometrial biopsy before kids. First try with no softening agent or pain meds had to be stopped because I couldn't handle the pain from the tenaculum holding my cervix. BUT second try with the softening agent and 800mg of ibuprofen ahead of time was not fun but definitely tolerable. The worst pain was from the pinch of the biopsy sampling itself (the tenaculum was just unpleasant like getting a PAP, not excruciating) and that was for a second or two. So I hope if it comes to it you will have something closer to my experience.

Thank you @josieKat, I appreciate this and glad you are A OK and were able to finally get the biopsy without too much pain.

GM girls!
Hope everyone is well and just a quick good morning today.

@Slick1 keeping you and your family especially your FIL in my thoughts.

@bling_dream19 it doesn't feel like Sunday to me for some reason...I am losing track of time. Hope you are enjoying a fun weekend.

@canuk-gal hope you had a good cycling day yesterday and maybe more today? Whatever you do hope you enjoy.

@mrs-b I hope you continue to feel better and enjoy a lovely Sunday. Much to look forward to. As for my favorite ice cream flavor that is a tough one. Before I was off dairy my fave was Ben and Jerry Heathbar crunch but honestly Vanilla is always one of my favorites. I love them all. Coffee, strawberry, PB and J, etc but I always swoon over a good Vanilla. :)

@MamaBee hope Shatzie is having a happy birthday weekend and whatever you got him is purrrrfect I am sure. Hmmm just a thought...would he love a kitty? I have one (or two) I would be very willing to give you to give him :lol:

oliverinnocentnot.png

Please take me up on my generous offer. 8)

@marcy hope your weekend is uninterrupted by work and you are having some R&R.

@Austina hope you are accomplishing all you are endeavoring and it is going smoothly.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a fun weekend.

Off to my workout and lifting weights and then looking forward to more cycling today despite the heat wave that continues. We had a good albeit hot ride yesterday and of course enjoyed some delicious ice cream.

On that note I am sharing my ice cream from yesterday with all of you. I had coffee ice cream and vanilla too....yummmmmmm.

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 5.18.27 AM.png

Happy Sunday all!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - I have to ask....

Is that paved area with seats and umbrella your yard? If so, I'm moving. That's all I have to say. It's GORGEOUS! I've always loved the view from the back of your house ,but i don't think I've ever seen quite this angle. How sublime! Is rising sea level or storm a threat to you? I really hope not, because this is how everybody should live! Just gorgeous.

So I've never had kids and I didn't have the softening meds - but I was unconscious, so no pain from my hysteroscopy. When I woke up I had no soreness either, so all was well there. I had a Mirina ring inserted during the procedure, and by the time I had the surgery, the cancer had shrunk by over 90%. I often wonder if that would have been enough, and almost wish we'd tried it. One note of optimism - before I had a definitive diagnosis, my gyne told me it was most likely to be a torn fibroid or polyps, as that was what was most likely, statistically. So let's hope for something straightforward and non-sinister for you!

Between running, lifting weights and cycling, how much exercise do you do a day? I do about 45 minutes and the occasional yoga class and feel like an absolute SAINT. But I just take my hat off to you, my dear; you're amazing.

Our one local fox has turned into three foxes, so we'll see where this ends. We see them often, running up and down the street, and it's just amazing to me that we have such beautiful wildlife in the 'burbs.

Yesterday we had our 4 gardeners here for the full day. We've been extending our lawn and it's time consuming, tedious, very heavy work. It will be a few years till our back yard is done (front yard is already complete, thank goodness!), given that we want more paving (cobblestone), a pergola area, and a pool! I also want to punch French doors into our bedroom and establish a sitting area that leads to the would-be pool, so we can access it directly from our bedroom. This won't happen any time soon, tho, so I'm trying not to get ahead of myself.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful Sunday! 95 degrees here in MA, so we're cranking the a/c now and trying to keep the house cool. I went out for my first walk at 5.30am, which was delicious! Despite the heat, it's a glorious day.

Love to you all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'm jealous of everyone warm temps--it is 13C and I think that is the high! We had thunderstorms yesterday and that will repeat today.

Wen shopping yesterday for new clothes for my DS. Been ages since we've done that. My DH is out getting his second vaccinations--hope he fares well. I get mine on Thursday.

I 'm rather sore from carrying those HEAVY flower pots into the house. ooofff

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I truly believe Summer has arrived in Wyoming!

@bling_dream19 I did not get any new bling for my birthday. I figure between my new car and new iPad that I was covered. Of course I am always planning my next bling purchase. How are you doing? How is your mom doing?

@MamaBee - I hope you are doing well. How is your DH and mom doing? Happy Birthday to Mr. MamaBee. How nice to have family in for dinner too - especially one you don’t have to cook. Good idea!

@canuk-gal glad you had a splendid day but I hate to hear it turned cooler; that is probably the cold front starting to move in from our NW that will bring us cooler temps and thunderstorms. Oh well, what can we do? Nice that you got some pots and flowers for the deck. We bought our ceramic pots about 9 years ago now; they were pricey then I can’t imagine what they cost now. I really noticed flowers were higher this year too.

@missy that is hot weather to cycle in especially in full gear. I know you and Greg try to go early before the warmest part of the day. That’s great you back is feeling better. Sounds like you had quite the thunderstorm. I sure hope your bleeding stops soon and the new medicine agrees with you. I am crossing my fingers, toes and anything else I can you don’t have to get a biopsy. Love that cloud before the storm and hi cute kitties! Mmm ice cream.

@mrs-b your plans for your yard sound fabulous. I hope the gardeners got the lawn done yesterday. That is definitely a tedious chore. Are they putting in sod?

I’m ready to go back to work and relax. Ha Ha. We started our day yesterday at Lowes picking up flowers for our pots. They didn’t have much variety anymore so most of the flowers we put out this year are petunia but at least those generally do well for us. I got one mum, a few daisy-like flowers and impatiens. The green house there was really busy so we stood in line like a big city. Ha Ha. We got home and started working on getting things planted. After that was done Marty decided to get larger hoses for our dripped system so ended up having to replant somethings since he was pushing the new hoses up through the bottom of our pots. He quickly remembered we’d put rocks in the bottom of the pots to help with drainage. Oops. I did go snip off flowers this morning.

We dined out for breakfast both days and dinner yesterday. Marty is grilling steaks for us today (actually he just raked rocks back over his new hoses so he doesn’t want to grill) so we will see how that goes. I’m hungry; he’s not. He ate 2 breakfasts today and I had pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. Darn it.

I am working on laundry and got lifting done already.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@mrs-b aww thanks. Yeah I workout to maintain my sanity. It is more for my head than my heart but hopefully I reap the benefits both ways. I am embarrassed to share how much I workout but it is life saving for me mentally. It helps workout my anxiety and worries. I do about 6 miles daily either on the treadmill or the trail near our house and I do weights/pilates/floor exercises every other day for about an hour. We cycle weather permitting and we have reduced that from 7-8 hours daily (because we don't have enough time in the day to do everything since I started weights and treadmill) to about 5 hours each time we cycle. I don't think of cycling as exercise since I am having so much fun doing it LOL. And we "reward" ourselves with ice cream so it's probably a wash. :lol:

Our ice cream from yesterday.
Greg got vegan pistachio (so good) with no artificial colors and it tastes so different than the "regular" pistachio ice-cream you get everywhere else. I enjoyed vegan vanilla and PB&J.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 6.03.40 AM.png

Yes that is our backyard and hopefully when life is calmer we can have you guys visit. It's been a rollercoaster of a few years and I keep saying to myself one day at a time. And when that is overwhelming I say one hour at a time. I am glad your terrible diagnosis is behind you and all is well. Very scary and I do hope I fit with the statistics on this one. Going to wait as my friend suggests and if the bleeding is still happening in another month or so I will make an appointment. I appreciate your concern and caring. Thank you sweet friend.

Your backyard is going to be gorgeous and I cannot wait to see all your hard work come to fruition. A labor of love and it is going to all be worth it.

Thank you for your lovely compliments re our backyard. I am going to share one of my favorite backyard photos when our family was visiting before Covid happened. And right before Francesca got sick. I miss her and Fred so much it hurts still. At least Fred was older but Frankie was still a baby. :(

Right around sunset I took this photo. It was a wonderful day with family. We had no clue what was coming...
Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 5.57.58 AM.png

and a photo of our sunrise this AM.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 5.59.23 AM.png

@marcy how are you? Sounds like a very productive busy weekend and yay for planting. And haha going to work for some R&R. Love it. Glad you enjoyed dining out for breakfast and dinner. Sweet. And yasss to lifting. You really lift. I just do baby weights but you lift the heavy stuff. I just noticed your tag line. Love it. Hope today is an easy day at work and all goes smoothly.

@canuk-gal I don't enjoy thunder storms because we generally lose power but Greg enjoys their beauty. We have thunderstorms predicted all week. Sigh. Today looks like we might be able to cycle before they get here but the rest of the week doesn't look good cycling wise. Glad you are getting your second vaccine this thursday. Are you mixing the vaccines? I think that is what I would do if I was getting it now. Evidence so far points to that as being a good option.Glad your son got some new clothes and also getting his vaccine. All is going well and proceeding to plan and hopefully this will be behind us very soon.

Dear @Slick1 you and your family are in Greg and my thoughts. Sending you much love and comforting hugs.

@bling_dream19 have a good week sweet friend.

@springerspaniel any exciting summer plans? How is your paper going? Sending you many good wishes.

@sarahb good morning and hugs. Have a lovely week.

Hi to everyone else and big hugs. Have a wonderful Monday. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

We saw Snowflake and while he is still limping a bit he is MUCH BETTER!!!!!
Please please please let him continue to heal!!! I am so freaking happy right now.

I didn't tell you girls because I am so tired of always being doom and gloom but I slept wrong in the last hour of the night (3AM to 4AM...should have gotten out of bed at 3AM instead of trying to fall back asleep) and my back is awful at the moment. Heating pad helped a bit but still struggling but seeing Snowflake makes it all OK!!!!!

Thank you for all your well wishes and good thoughts for Snowflake. I know he is just a cat to most of you but I also know you get it and understand how important our ferals are to us. Sending all of you big hugs and a big thank you for caring about Snowflake and please let the healing vibes continue. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’ll reply later, but I’m mad busy at the moment. @missy, I’m so happy and relieved that Snowflake is doing better, hopefully he/she just went to rest up for a while. It’s hard not to worry about ferals, but I imagine if they’ve survived this long, they know how to keep going.

:wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

Please please please let him continue to heal!!! I am so freaking happy right now.

I didn't tell you girls because I am so tired of always being doom and gloom but I slept wrong in the last hour of the night (3AM to 4AM...should have gotten out of bed at 3AM instead of trying to fall back asleep) and my back is awful at the moment. Heating pad helped a bit but still struggling but seeing Snowflake makes it all OK!!!!!

Thank you for all your well wishes and good thoughts for Snowflake. I know he is just a cat to most of you but I also know you get it and understand how important our ferals are to us. Sending all of you big hugs and a big thank you for caring about Snowflake and please let the healing vibes continue. XOXO.

@missy -

"Just a cat"??

Oh honey - have we MET??

Snowflake has been on my prayer list for days and days now! I am THRILLED he's looking better! Prayers continuing for a 100% recovery - and many more happy sightings!!

Your backyard and your photos of your backyard - both sublime. I would love to come and visit when the time is right! Do you drink wine? Because I'm seeing something white and cold with feet up, looking at that amazing view! You must so love living there! Do you think you will ever reach a point where it makes sense to let your other house go? I don't know how you'd ever leave....

@Austina - good afternoon to you, and I hope you've had a wonderful, productive day! Do you have a date for when they break ground on your new house yet?

@marcy, I'd like to start lifting for my back, if possible. I don't know if that makes sense tho, or if it's just risky. Your thoughts on that? Re gardening - we're making progress - slowly. Our back yard was...dirt, when we first bought the house. Dirt - and a forest of massive pines that took up the majority of the yard. We've slowly been taking the pines down - tho we'll leave a bunch. Just not as many as there were. There were so many, NONE of them were doing well, and a number were diseased. We sprayed them, we fertilize them, we're taking down about half, and have pruned the remaining ones, too. Our yard is now far lighter and larger-feeling, since lifting all the low hanging branches. We're doing the lawn by seed, which is tedious, but it's what our gardener does. I prefer sod - but there you are. Since he's taken it from being bare dirt with a bunch of tedious-looking shrubs to (if I do say so myself) something truly lovely, I can't complain and I let him do what he likes. I pick the shrubs I want, tell him where I want them, and make it clear that I want my lawn as perfect as he can make it - and he takes it from there. I love potted flowers! I hope your petunias do the right thing for you again this year!

@canuk-gal - 13c degrees?? Oh for Pete's sake!! I hope you get some better, warmer, summer-like weather very soon! Altho, I have to say, it's going to be 95F degrees here today, so I suspect by about 2pm 13c is going to be looking pretty good! Hoping we can strike a healthy balance soon!

@MamaBee - how was S's birthday dinner? I hope you all had a nice time. I also hope things with your ring are resolved pronto! How is your mother! Have the rugs been removed yet??

@junebug17, @Bayek, @springerspaniel, @MMtwo, @bling_dream19, @Slick1 and @Polabowla - thinking of you all and hoping life is going well for you all! <3

I tweaked my back again this morning, so PT this afternoon and again on Wednesday. Dentist tomorrow (thankfully!). My teeth are still aching, which is odd, as I'm very regular with my appts. I think I've overdone it with my electric toothbrush and have pushed a bunch of gums back and exposed a lot of nerves. OW!

I bought this ring this morning and had it shipped to Amy at DKJ:

I want her to copy the prongs in platinum for my new solitaire. What do you think? I'm also doing platinum wraps and a small repeat of this pattern in platinum set into the back of the ring on the shank. What do you think? I love the old world vibe of it! Hopefully it will work just fine.

I contacted a swimming pool company for a quote this morning. We'll see if they get back to me: this is really something one needs to do in late fall. Also contacted my general contractor to see if he can give me a quote to put external French doors into our bedroom so we can start on our patio. We'll see how that goes. As my gardener says to me (and I know Tim agrees!) "Hollian, you have a hundred ways to spend a dollar!" Sad, but true.

Big hugs to you all - and get-well-soon vibes for your back, Missy and for you as always, @Polabowla, to your mom, @bling_dream19, to your friend, Kath, @Bayek and to you, @Slick1 . <3

NIRDI shout out!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

@missy I’m so happy Snowflake is okay! That such good news!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My rugs, secretary, and wing chair are gone. The guys were great…It was so inexpensive. I’ll be using them again when I take a hammer to the hard drives in the old computers my husband has been saving. He can’t throw anything out! Now that the rugs are gone I was able to get back into the storage room…OMG He saved two vacuums that don’t work anymore. I threw them out..but evidently he brought them back in and put them in the back of the storage room. He saved a box with antennas for an old tv..It must be forty years old! I going to have to start making dashes out to the street when he puts the cans out on trash day..I’ll be watching him drive out of the driveway…Then I’ll run downstairs lugging all the junk he thinks he somehow needs.
IBB

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I’ll reply later, but I’m mad busy at the moment. @missy, I’m so happy and relieved that Snowflake is doing better, hopefully he/she just went to rest up for a while. It’s hard not to worry about ferals, but I imagine if they’ve survived this long, they know how to keep going.

:wavey:

Thank you Austina! XOXO.

Snowflake has been on my prayer list for days and days now! I am THRILLED he's looking better! Prayers continuing for a 100% recovery - and many more happy sightings!!

Your backyard and your photos of your backyard - both sublime. I would love to come and visit when the time is right! Do you drink wine? Because I'm seeing something white and cold with feet up, looking at that amazing view! You must so love living there! Do you think you will ever reach a point where it makes sense to let your other house go? I don't know how you'd ever leave....

Thank you so much for keeping him in your prayers. I didn't mean you think he's just a cat but rather many people (in general) do think that. I know you and the NIRDIs are animal people and get it. I cannot tell you how much it means to me that you girls are so caring.

I do love it here and I don't miss Brooklyn. Right now. I am not sure how I would feel if this was our only house. We have to drive to run errands etc and well you just need a car to do anything but bike so that's something I do not love. But I do love it here. It's a hard choice because when we are older I do not think we want to be driving everywhere. Though it is much more civilized here. It is not an easy decision and for now we are tabling it. As for wine I am more of a moscato girl or if I do drink wine it is Reisling. A sweet Reisling. LOL I like my alcoholic drinks sweet. But TBH I am not much of a drinker.

I am so sorry you hurt your back again. We are on the same wavelength and not in a good way lol. Sending you bucketloads of healing vibes for your back and your teeth. I hope your visit at the dentist goes well. Did you say swimming pool? Ooooh I love swimming pools. And haha love the dollar quote. Same here. I will check the ring out later. I bet your idea is gorgeous. Your taste is impeccable. ((((Hugs)))).

@missy I’m so happy Snowflake is okay! That such good news!

Thank you dear Joanne! ((((Hugs)))).
My rugs, secretary, and wing chair are gone. The guys were great…It was so inexpensive. I’ll be using them again when I take a hammer to the hard drives in the old computers my husband has been saving. He can’t throw anything out! Now that the rugs are gone I was able to get back into the storage room…OMG He saved two vacuums that don’t work anymore. I threw them out..but evidently he brought them back in and put them in the back of the storage room. He saved a box with antennas for an old tv..It must be forty years old! I going to have to start making dashes out to the street when he puts the cans out on trash day..I’ll be watching him drive out of the driveway…Then I’ll run downstairs lugging all the junk he thinks he somehow needs.
IBB

Yay glad it went easily and inexpensively too. LOL your poor DH won't be too happy when he fins out you are getting rid of the stuff he saved. Greg is under strict instructions to never throw anything out without checking with me. :) Greg is like you. He is ruthless in getting rid of stuff. LOL.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Austina! XOXO.

Thank you so much for keeping him in your prayers. I didn't mean you think he's just a cat but rather many people (in general) do think that. I know you and the NIRDIs are animal people and get it. I cannot tell you how much it means to me that you girls are so caring.

I do love it here and I don't miss Brooklyn. Right now. I am not sure how I would feel if this was our only house. We have to drive to run errands etc and well you just need a car to do anything but bike so that's something I do not love. But I do love it here. It's a hard choice because when we are older I do not think we want to be driving everywhere. Though it is much more civilized here. It is not an easy decision and for now we are tabling it. As for wine I am more of a moscato girl or if I do drink wine it is Reisling. A sweet Reisling. LOL I like my alcoholic drinks sweet. But TBH I am not much of a drinker.

I am so sorry you hurt your back again. We are on the same wavelength and not in a good way lol. Sending you bucketloads of healing vibes for your back and your teeth. I hope your visit at the dentist goes well. Did you say swimming pool? Ooooh I love swimming pools. And haha love the dollar quote. Same here. I will check the ring out later. I bet your idea is gorgeous. Your taste is impeccable. ((((Hugs)))).

Thank you dear Joanne! ((((Hugs)))).

Yay glad it went easily and inexpensively too. LOL your poor DH won't be too happy when he fins out you are getting rid of the stuff he saved. Greg is under strict instructions to never throw anything out without checking with me. :) Greg is like you. He is ruthless in getting rid of stuff. LOL.

@missy He never had to tell me because I’m
sneaky. He has never missed anything I threw out. Haha

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

Yay, for the snowflake sighting @missy! No cycling for us as it is cold and windy. At least there are no funnel clouds here but the sky is menacing.

@MamaBee my DH likes to keep unusable stuff as well. His big issue (my issue LOL) is he can't/won't clean up after himself. And if he can't find something he'll go out and buy more. I guess that is why we have 15 rolls of assorted kinds of tape. OK rant over. But glad you got the damaged stuff removed.

We've been rewatching Sharknado. LOL So campy but I love it!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I’ve not been round, we’ve just been ridiculously busy. My OCD about starting something and not stopping till I’m done!

Oh no to tweaking your back @mrs-b, I hope you’re not in too much discomfort. Still no word on when they’re breaking ground, the waiting is getting tiresome. Our realtor followed up with them and c.c.’d us in, and apparently ‘soon’ :roll: We’re giving it till next week, then we’re pushing for a date. I love the setting of the pearls, really organic looking.

Sounds like you’re making a good start on clearing out @MamaBee, and now you’ve started, it’s easy to keep going. Hope Shatzie enjoyed his birthday weekend and you had a good meal.

Sounds like my ideal weekend @marcy, lots of eating out and no cooking! Fortunately, I had a good selection to chose from for all my pots, and the good weather mixed in with rain, is really bringing them on.

How fun to go shopping with your DS @canuk-gal and yay to you and your DH having your 2nd shots this week.

Your photos are glorious @missy, and I can certainly understand why you enjoy being at the beach, it must seem a lifetime ago since you were living in the city. There’s a lot to be said about being close to all the amenities, but you can’t get a view like that in the city. I remember now that my bleeding was caused by numerous polyps, and once they were taken care of, everything was fine.

The other glazing company came on Friday and replaced the blown sealed units, so that’s all done. In the afternoon I continued with pressure washing the patio and paving around the house. On Saturday our neighbour invited us over in the afternoon to see their completed extension, we haven’t been able to go before (Covid restrictions). Yesterday, we were going to seal the patio, but the forecast said it was going to rain, so instead, we started pressure washing the drive. When we moved here, we had the whole front garden redone, including extending the driveway. Our builder couldn’t get exactly the same brick blocks but did blend them. Over the years, the driveway has got really dirty, we didn’t really notice until our neighbour had his cleaned before putting it on the market. It looks so good, but was really expensive, and not something we can’t do. So, I did as much as I could until we ran out of petrol for the washer, then we had to resand it, what a difference. I was absolutely filthy from head to toe by the time I’d finished :lol:

As soon as the gardener arrived this morning, we went to buy more sand for the drive, and pick up a few things I need for tomorrow, as we have Sue & Rob coming for lunch. When we got back, I started prepping as much as I could, then we had an early lunch. Colin wanted to try the sealant on the paving, and one thing led to another, and we ended up doing the whole lot, then the newly cleaned and sanded driveway. I think it’ll take about 3 days to do the rest. To top off a busy day, I’ve also been cleaning.

Now I’m completely pooped and going to bed :lol:

Big love and hugs to you all :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results