carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@Austina, I'm sorry your trip in May isn't happening but it definitely sounds like the right move. You have lots of good times ahead of you with Adam and Kim. It's great you're fully vaccinated now, makes going places less stressful. Very glad Colin had a good check-up and is doing well.

@marcy, your sapphire ring is really beautiful, I love the color of the sapphire and the wide band is so flattering on your hand. Good luck at the dentist, I hope you don't have too much discomfort.

@mrs-b, wonderful news about your god-daughter going to Berkeley. What an accomplishment and it must be very exciting for you. Your plans for your house sound wonderful, although it's a shame you need to have the floors redone so soon. How fun to be working on a few jewelry projects, looking forward to seeing them.

@missy, those baby foxes are adorable and your friend G is a very talented photographer. Fantastic pictures. Archie is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen and Oliver looks so happy getting some love from Greg. I'm sending Greg lots of good thoughts for tomorrow. My brother is doing pretty well, still some trouble with not sleeping well but he's ok overall.

@Polabowla, very sorry you been feeling so ill and I hope you get some relief soon.

@bling_dream19, I hope your mother is doing better with every passing day. Glad to hear things are good with you.

@MMtwo, so glad the job is going well but I get having to recharge, I'm the same way. It's a big help to have some time to decompress.

@canuk-gal, I'm sorry to see that your mother is going to need surgery. It's a shame the improvements are so expensive. Hope your week is going ok so far and you aren't overly busy.

Things are good here. Unfortunately the school dd works in is closing in June but thankfully she's found another teaching job for September. Whew! Ds and his girlfriend will be coming to South Carolina in May so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I’ll try returning later but just wanted to share the good news. Just left the surgeon and no RAI needed yet and hopefully it won’t be necessary at all. Thyroglobulin is zero just where we want it to be. So next follow up September 7th to monitor if the cancer returns. So far so good. One day at a time. Thanks for all your good wishes and keeping us in your thoughts. ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls I’ll try returning later but just wanted to share the good news. Just left the surgeon and no RAI needed yet and hopefully it won’t be necessary at all. Thyroglobulin is zero just where we want it to be. So next follow up September 7th to monitor if the cancer returns. So far so good. One day at a time. Thanks for all your good wishes and keeping us in your thoughts. ❤️

:appl:Great news @missy!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news @missy So happy for you both! What a relief! ❤️

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@ missy WHEW!!! Great news!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh now we got a message from our endocrinologist that we are still waiting for Greg's thyroglobulin results so we are NOT in the clear. I really don't understand these doctors. So frustrating. The surgeon made a mistake saying the thyroglobulin was near zero. He only receive the antibody tests back not the thyroglobulin which is the cancer marker. SMH.

Sorry for the vent.
I will be back later.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

ETA: we figured it out. Dr K was looking at his March Thyroglobulin findings! Not his May 5th findings! Oy to the oy! Greg was his first patient of the day yesterday so he couldn't have been overwhelmed with the day yet to make that kind of careless mistake. I am so upset.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYAY all! Tomorrow is the weekend woohoo!

@junebug17 @MamaBee @Slick1 @canuk-gal @Austina and everyone thanks.
Some photos from yesterday as we got to cycle and visit Archie too. It was a good day. And now we have to wait til next week to find out if Greg's thyroglobulin is good or if he needs RAI now.

First we cycled to Jimmy's and enjoyed ice cream.
icecream.png

Then we cycled to our old neighborhood 25 miles away and enjoyed Archie and our friends company.

missyandarchie.jpeg.png

Then we cycled back home and enjoyed a lovely pink purple sunset.

sunset.png

@junebug17 I am sorry your daughter's school is closing but glad she found another job so quickly. Kudos to her. And yay your son and his girlfriend are visiting soon. Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend.

@canuk-gal how are you doing? How has the weather been and have you been cycling at all?

@Austina hope all is going smoothly and you are looking forward to summer. That's good you were able to order new glass for the bedside table and hope you enjoyed shopping yesterday.

@marcy how did the dental work part 2 go? I hope you are out of pain and it went very well. How was the mashed potatoes you made? I love mashed potatoes.

@Slick1 you are almost there...soon it will be summer vacation woohoo. Hope all is going well.

@MamaBee how is your mom doing and how are you? How are the golden roses? Haha I don't think they are that bad LOL and it was super sweet of your DH to surprise you with them I think.

@bling_dream19 hope your mom is continuing to do well and all is going smoothly.

Hi to everyone else and hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYay lovelies

Honestly, don’t these people realise how stressful this is without making mistakes @missy? :twisted: Everything crossed for the best news possible next week. Oh my goodness, stop with the cuteness overload:lol: He’s just too cute for words. Glad you had a good day outside yesterday, ice cream, friends, and puppies, heaven.

Oh no @junebug17, your DD must’ve been disappointed, but obviously her talents are recognised getting another job. Yay to seeing your DS and g/f soon, lucky you. Hope you and DH are keeping well.

Hope your mouth wasn’t sore after Round 2 @marcy and you’re not a dribbling mess :mrgreen: Hopefully no more dental work for a good while.

Your thread caused much merriment @MamaBee, the comments were hilarious, I especially liked yours about Shatzie going rogue :lol: It was such a lovely sentiment which is the main thing. I know you’d be devastated if anything happened while you were dusting and your flowers fell on the floor and broke:shifty:

We went out to vote yesterday, local elections but important, then I went out to meet the ladies I used to work with. We went to Virginia Water with our picnic and blankets, it was freezing cold, but we had fun catching up together after so long. We’re allowed to meet in groups of up to 6 as long as it’s outside and we socially distance. Needless to say, we had a lot to catch up on, so I didn’t get back till quite late.

The Embassy have resumed face to face interviews, so fingers crossed, it won’t be too long.

Big love and hugs to all the wonderful NIRDIS, how can it be almost the weekend again? :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Nirdi shoutout!
@missy oh my goodness I would be soo upset too. I am praying for your dh to be in the clear 100 percent.
I love seeing your beautiful smile in your pic and delicious icecream and enjoying life. Lots of love to you and Greg.
@mrs-b TJQ I love it!!! And I may have heard that before...when it's even a lifelong obsession...even though I hide it too lol. But I think the title belongs to you for sure!
Hu @marcy @Austina @junebug17 @canuk-gal thanks for all of the warm thoughts and I hope you all are doing great!
Love and hugs to all!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh @missy! For Pete's sake! Do these people not get the tension that goes along with this sort of thing?? For someone like me, with Crohn's, I'd be sick as a dog riding this rollercoaster, so hats off to you, lady, for coping so amazingly well! The fact that you're still cycling, smiling, and eating ice cream is downright impressive. Love to you and Greg and fingers crossed for next week! And - how adorable is Archie! And Fiona is looking very healthy, as are her pups! I've been meaning to tell you - I thought it was AWESOME when you first posted photo of Fiona - I'd never seen a fox - and then, that afternoon while driving home up my quiet-as-the-grave suburban street...a red fox ran across the road! Next day Eleanor saw it in our front yard - so I'm guessing it's taken up residence! I wonder if I should be expecting to see baby foxes soon? Not sure how that would be received, given that there's a lot of wild, but largely domesticated, bunnies in our area and people are *very* fond of them. We'll see!

@marcy - how are you feeling? How's your mouth? I hope you're ok. I love mashed potato, but I do keto, in large part for my Crohn's, so it's a loooong time since I've had mashed spuds! It's the simple things that bring so much joy, isn't it!

@Austina - it sounds like you had such a lovely afternoon with your friends! And yay to the Embassy opening again for interviews! Hoping we can call you our neighbor soon! Well, granted, Texas to Massachusetts is a bit of a stretch, but it would be lovely to have you in the same country, at least. :)) And I'm with you - this week FLEW by! Hoping this weekend is lovely!

@bling_dream19 - I will happily embrace that title! I'm at a bit of a standstill with jewelry projects right now - just because I have a bunch to do. I'm working on resetting my new diamond (yellow gold), then I've got white metals and only white metals to go. I'm looking at 5 more projects, then all my diamonds will be set and I'll be done. A lot of people think I'll just keep going - but they're people who don't know me so well. I've always been a person who had an end goal and who stopped when she got there. And I'm looking forward to being done. For Christmas I'm going to do the hoop earrings I've been talking to you about. I've decided to do J hoops (I think you're completely right re not wanting to see a hinge) - but I've decided to do them with my 26 and 27 point E colored super ideal stones that I've collected over the years. I need 3 more, which Tim will give me - with a setting - for Christmas. That will be a BIG project crossed off the list. I also have the second 60 point diamond coming next week to complete my every day studs. I have a .9 OEC coming from Jon at DG coming in a couple of weeks - and that will go straight to Amy at DKJ to set in a platinum gypsy ring. But first cab off the rank will be setting the new 4.05ct ACA, and I'm thinking of a solitaire with a pave reverse taper shank. Something very similar to this, but with a larger center:

Happy to hear any and all feedback on this. It would be in yellow gold.

Hi @junebug17! :wavey: So pleased your daughter has been able to relocate her employment so seamlessly - what a relief! These are tough times, and I can't help but think we're about to experience a wave of inflation, which will make unemployment even more difficult than it already is. So I'm very pleased this is not to be her lot! And yay, re seeing your DS and his friend! I hope you have a wonderful visit!

Hugs and hallos to @Slick1, @canuk-gal, @Polabowla, @springerspaniel and @MamaBee! :wavey:

And to all - NIRDI shout out! <3

ETA. Has anyone heard from @Bayek? I'm a bit concerned about her and hope all is well.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy What your husband’s endocrinologist did is unforgivable! I don’t understand how he can make such a horrible mistake. Hopefully the results will come in at zero..
Thanks for asking about my mom. She’s doing well. She needs constant help from me even though she doesn’t live with me anymore. She was so used to having me solve her everyday problems that she calls me constantly. Her bedsore is almost healed...
The problem I had to handle last week was her implanted bridge. @Slick1 don’t read this..haha It fell out of her mouth. It’s implanted with metal..They snap in permanently..but the periodontist uses a dental glue to keep them in. He explained that over time the glue gets brittle and the seal breaks. This happened a few years ago too. It was so traumatic for her she was crying...The social worker had to call me to talk her down. They usually have their own dentist that takes care of everything they need..but she wouldn’t have it. I had to convince them that I needed to take her to the periodontist that put them in. She’s fully vaccinated as am I. I had to show them my vaccination card before they would let me take her. They were concerned about exposing her to covid outside of the nursing home. The periodontist cleared out the office except for him and his assistant. I was able to be there to keep an eye on her. We were in and out very quickly..I’m picking her up for Mother’s Day. She asked for steak..hahaha
@mrs-b Did you trade in your 3 carat for a 4 carat? I’m so out of the loop! Is there a thread you can link? OMG I hope you are feeling better.
@Austina I’m sorry you had to cancel your trip..I love that you were able to have a picnic outside with your friends. I’m meeting my three friends for lunch on Monday. We’ll be eating outside. It will be my first time eating at a restaurant. I hope it doesn’t rain...My husband is taking off from work to stay with David. I know my friends will eat inside if it rains..but I won’t. I hope they have an overhead tent.
I started that tacky present thread in frustration...but it became so funny..
@junebug I’m happy your daughter was able to find another job so quickly!
@canuk-gal I‘m so sorry your mom is going to need surgery. I hope you’re finding some time to do your cycling. Have a great weekend..
@bling_dream19 It sounds like you’re mom is feeling better...That’s such good news..
I‘m thinking of getting a silver spinel. I love light colors. I really miss my AV emerald cut ring. It was four carats..8x10mm..That moissanite was so white and perfectly cut..It spoiled me because I would never get that clarity and color in a four carat diamond unless I sell an organ.
I’ll be back..Bailey needs to go out..

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!

I am very sorry for trouble @missy. Hoping that the latest results come back zero. Big hugs.

@junebug17 I am happy your DD found another job so quickly!!! Hope you are keeping well.

@MamaBee I am glad your Mother's pressure sore is healing. Hope she enjoys the steak!

Had a busy work week and stressful. It's always something. I didn't get to ride as the best weather this week is when I was working, and now it is cool and rain is coming. We did walk today but it was overcast and gloomy . At least there were no gale force winds!

@mrs-b your new diamond looks fantastic! Wonderful to look forward to.

@Austina sounded like you had a nice visit with friends! Our cases here are on the rise, so no visiting here encouraged.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Did you trade in your 3 carat for a 4 carat? I’m so out of the loop! Is there a thread you can link? OMG I hope you are feeling better.

Hi @MamaBee -

I got your message on IG and responded, albeit briefly. I'm surrounded by people and paws here at the moment....

No, no thread as yet. But I posted in the 'things you're considering' (or something like that) thread on SMTB. The selection at that size is limited in higher colors (for 'limited' read 'non existent') - so I went with the best I could find - 4.05ct H VS1. I've had H's I've loved, so if this is one of those, then I'm done. I wanted 10.3mm and VS1, and this meets those criteria. If it's too warm, tho, I'll be looking at G VS1 at some point in a couple of years. The $ jump, tho, will be formidable. As for an F VS1 - not gonna happen. It would be around 130k, and I just can't stretch to that.

I *wish* I was feeling better but, truth be told, I ended up at my PCP's office today as a stop gap against going to the ER - which I've been considering more or less consistently for the last week. Tim and I received some bad news about a week ago and stress is deadly for Crohn's. Within a day, it had thrown me into a massive flare, and my weight has dropped 5 or 6 lbs since then, as I just can't eat now. I see my gastro next Thursday, and have a colonoscopy, gastroscopy and capsule study scheduled in early June. It's just endless and I'm exhausted....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @MamaBee -

I got your message on IG and responded, albeit briefly. I'm surrounded by people and paws here at the moment....

No, no thread as yet. But I posted in the 'things you're considering' (or something like that) thread on SMTB. The selection at that size is limited in higher colors (for 'limited' read 'non existent') - so I went with the best I could find - 4.05ct H VS1. I've had H's I've loved, so if this is one of those, then I'm done. I wanted 10.3mm and VS1, and this meets those criteria. If it's too warm, tho, I'll be looking at G VS1 at some point in a couple of years. The $ jump, tho, will be formidable. As for an F VS1 - not gonna happen. It would be around 130k, and I just can't stretch to that.

I *wish* I was feeling better but, truth be told, I ended up at my PCP's office today as a stop gap against going to the ER - which I've been considering more or less consistently for the last week. Tim and I received some bad news about a week ago and stress is deadly for Crohn's. Within a day, it had thrown me into a massive flare, and my weight has dropped 5 or 6 lbs since then, as I just can't eat now. I see my gastro next Thursday, and have a colonoscopy, gastroscopy and capsule study scheduled in early June. It's just endless and I'm exhausted....

Oh no @mrs-b I’m so sorry you’re having so much trouble with Crohn’s. I wish there was a medication that at least would help..Big hugs...XO
I’ll look forward to seeing what you have in mind. I know you mentioned before that a four carat was something that you wanted to finish off your upgrades.
I want to reset my diamond with something a little heftier. I would do baguettes but I’ve become the baguette queen. I just love them so much. I’m doing Ashlee with baguettes so it will be something different. It just needs something. It’s too plain for me. I love the swoop though so I’ll just keep an eye out for ideas. I don’t want to ship this diamond to David because it’s pricey. I don’t think my insurance company would cover it if it was lost. I know David’s label insures it but it makes me very nervous to think about it..
I hope you have a settled tummy evening.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@mrs-b aww sending you mega dust and lots of hugs and love. I am so sorry you are dealing with this cra* and I hope you can feel the warm and healing light I am sending you. And yes, foxes eat bunnies. Horrifying but true and it is the course mother nature (cruel as it is) takes. So better let the neighbors know and IDK what you can all do to try saving them from the fox(es). G showed me a photo of Fiona with a bunny in her mouth. I had mixed feelings. Horror was one of them but I have grown a big affection for Fiona and she (and her babies) have to survive. So cruel that everyone cannot live. :(

@MamaBee I am so glad your mom is doing well and her bedsore almost healed. And that you helped calm her and get her the fix she needed for her teeth. I can only imagine how awful that was for her at first. She is so fortunate to have you.

@canuk-gal thank you sweet lady. Sorry work was so busy and the weather didn't cooperate for riding. We did get to ride much of the week but now our weather is cool and wet. We are heading to my folks today though so we wouldn't have been able to ride anyway. Glad you aren't experiencing gale force winds. I hate those so much. And glad you did get to walk.

@bling_dream19 aww thank you so much for your sweet message and Ooh La La. :kiss2: You brightened my afternoon sweet girl. Have a wonderful time!

@Austina yay for the Embassy resuming face to face interviews and my fingers are crossed for you. Before you know it... Yes Archie is a doll. Sugar sweet. Do you know that song "Lips like Sugar"? Archie comes to mind. :) I am in love with him and my friend K is saying I must get a dog. I completely agree. Unfortunately we have no room in our life at the moment for one more thing especially a living thing. Our hands are full. I know you get it.

@Slick1 The countdown begins....Happy weekend!

Hi to everyone else. Please accept my apologies for not mentioning you by name. I am pretty tired these days and am doing the best I can and I hold all of you in my heart. Truly. For those who I am in contact with offline it means so much to me and for those I am only in contact through PS it also means a lot to me. You girls are the best. Da Best. (((((((Hugs))))))))).

We had a good day cycling yesterday despite the coolness of the temps. Thank goodness for heated hand warmers. They make all the difference for me.

Some photos of our cycling adventures yesterday.
Since it was cool and overcast there weren't many people around. Which was nice.
Look at those gorgeous clouds.

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 7.06.00 AM.png

We also saw Fiona. And one of her babies.

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 7.04.28 AM.png

And since it was chilly we had our snack on the lake in Spring Lake and decided no for ice cream. I was too cold lol.
Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 7.05.06 AM.png

Have a wonderful Caturday Saturday lovely ladies. XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy LOL to the "no ice cream b/c it is cold"; I immediately wanted hot chocolate today because it is cold wet and miserable here! No chance of anything fun outside this weekend b/c of the weather.

@mrs-b healing vibes across the miles!

Went to my favorite bakery and got some super yummy items. Wanted to eat them all in the car on the way home! LOL

NIRDI shout out!!!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Austina how fun to go shopping in a store. I did that this morning. I hope they get your glass replaced quickly. Round 2 of the dentist was very different than round 1 but it’s all behind me now. How fun to catch up with the ladies you used to work with for lunch. Sorry it was so cold out that day. I hope you get your interviews soon at the embassy.

@junebug17 thank you - I am wearing that sapphire solitaire frequently. That’s a good deal your DD found another teaching job already. Enjoy the visit with DS and his girl friend this month.

@missy how frustrating about test results. Sending mega dust for more positive results. The ice cream looks delicious. I picked up some new PB ice cream this morning. Round 2 of the dental work was with a different lady. She didn’t deaden me as much; I felt pressure no pain but I was able to eat by noon that day. I’m good now. Thanks. I hope you are having a good day and your stress and worries are lessoned knowing we care.

@MamaBee as Austina said - it’s the thought that counts for your gold tipped flowers. Sometimes our tastes just don’t mach someone else’s idea of what looks good. My in-laws sent these awful tacky looking western handles for ceiling fans. I wouldn’t let Marty hang them upstairs and I later found out he really liked them. Oops. They are in his office now. I am glad your mom is doing well. That’s nice she is coming to your house for Mother’s Day. I bet a silver spinel would be lovely. I really like baguettes too. I am anxious to see what you get if you reset your diamond.

@bling_dream19 I hope you are doing well and your mom continues to get better each day.

@mrs-b my mouth is doing okay.. I am a mashed potato fan and I am sorry you can’t eat them. I ended up eating pizza for lunch that day so I didn’t get the mashed potatoes made. Pizza was good as well. Sorry you are not feeling well and sending you mega dust and hugs.

@canuk-gal I hope you are enjoying a quiet and relaxing weekend after a hectic work week. What did you get at the bakery? I bought one of those one piece servings of white cake today at the grocery store.

I was out of the dentist office the other day before 10. This gal used the dental tools rather than the sonic tool which seemed to go faster. My numbness was gone by noon. A friend of mine needed a place to work since the power was off at her house while installing a generator so she came over to work at our house. We ordered a pizza in for lunch and as long as I ate small bites I was fine.

Thursday the same girl came over for girl’s night and cards. It was fun.

Marty is one a plane right now and should get home late tonight. I picked up asparagus and a London Broil for dinner tomorrow. It will be nice to have him home.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely wonderful mothers out there!

@canuk-gal ugh to wet and cold weekend. Yesterday was wet and cold here so we visited inside with my family. I was a bit nervous just because my nieces are too young to be vaccinated right now but hopefully we all remain safe. It was a lovely visit and the girls have grown so. Yumm to enjoying your favorite bakery items. Sweet. Hope they were delish. I like hot chocolate too when the weather is cold. And I can eat ice cream and often do in winter but not outside and at Jimmy's right now outside is the only option due to Covid restrictions. So no ice cream outside for me when I am cold.

@marcy glad the dental work went as well as possible. And glad you are A OK. Yes to getting PB ice cream. That is so good. Hope Marty's flight went very smoothly and he is back home safely. Asparagus and London Broil is a nice way to greet him home with a home cooked meal. I am sure he appreciated that very much. Glad you enjoyed another girls night and cards. It's almost like things are back to normal. Almost.

Hi to everyone else. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend.

We visited my parents yesterday for an early Mother's Day and got to see my nieces, sister and BIL and my parents. It was a wonderful visit. The girls have grown up. B is taller than me now and A is on her way LOL. It was a purrrrfect day and my parents have the cats to prove it. Some photos for your viewing pleasure.

We had to do the requisite side by side photos. To show how they have grown!

missyandalexasidebysidemay2021.png

I feel so short here lol.

missyandbethanysidebysidemay2021.png

bethanyandalexamay2021.png

And the bling was a big hit.
Thank you to @donnabrsd and @springerspaniel

dolphinnecklaceonalexa.png

dolphinearringsonbethany.png

And to show while my youngest niece is thin she is super strong.
Zena weighs more than A lol.

zenaandalexa.png

And two of my parents (too many) cats.

Zoe.

zoe.png

And Loki.

loki.png

Thanks for looking at the photos and hope you enjoyed them.
Wishing everyone a happy Sunday. Be well and stay safe. XOXO.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @mrs-b I’m so sorry you’re having so much trouble with Crohn’s. I wish there was a medication that at least would help..Big hugs...XO
I’ll look forward to seeing what you have in mind. I know you mentioned before that a four carat was something that you wanted to finish off your upgrades.
I want to reset my diamond with something a little heftier. I would do baguettes but I’ve become the baguette queen. I just love them so much. I’m doing Ashlee with baguettes so it will be something different. It just needs something. It’s too plain for me. I love the swoop though so I’ll just keep an eye out for ideas. I don’t want to ship this diamond to David because it’s pricey. I don’t think my insurance company would cover it if it was lost. I know David’s label insures it but it makes me very nervous to think about it..
I hope you have a settled tummy evening.

@MamaBee - just a fly-by posting....

I just wanted to let you know that DKJ has a maximum insurance of 75k, which may well not cover your new diamond. It doesn't cover my 3 stone, so I'm a tad concerned. I only found that out this week and it made me wonder if WF has a better coverage than that. I hope so, as I'm gonna need it! I'm thinking of flying down to Houston, tho, to see this thing before I pick it up, but why do I get the feeling that me in WF for any amount of time would be FATAL??

And to everyone else - Happy Mother's Day! Here's a shot of what I received from my god kids yesterday - just lovely! They know I love peonies, lilies and hydrangeas, and the chocolates are keto, bless their hearts! The heart-tree card is from Nathaniel and Eleanor painted the cuddling bunnies card, as Tim's nickname for me is Rabbit, and Eleanor has always referred to herself as my little bunny. :)) This morning she made me a delicious (and HUGE) breakfast in bed as well, and then we just sat up under the covers and chatted for over an hour. What bliss!

20210508_214500.jpg

And @missy - I LOVE those photos of you with your nieces!

@marcy - I hope Marty made it home safe and sound and that you both enjoy your London broil!

@canuk-gal - praying for some decent weather for you shortly - in fact, immediately - in fact...even NOW! Yay to yummy treats tho! :lickout:

To everyone else - wishing you a very happy Sunday and all good things for the coming week! <3

NIRDI shout out!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies, dropping in for a hello.
@missy I have enjoyed your foxes at the beach. They are wonderful. The ice cream you post looks amazing! I am crossing my fingers for good news on the health front for Greg. Hopefully, the wait is short and you'll be celebrating soon! The mix-up the other day is very upsetting. I am so sorry for that, my friend. Your nieces are adorable and do look so much like you! Glad they loved the bling. IT was a great gift, they will think of you when they wear it.

@mrs-b sorry to see you have been going through the paces again. Hope another symptom calming comes soon. The flowers are BEAUTIFUL and happy to read you had a nice day with your god kids and cuddles. That's just the best.

@marcy glad you're done with the dentist and only a girls night, sounds like a great night!

Hello to everyone else not named here.

Things are getting slightly better at work. The stress from the new job has knocked my sugars a bit higher, so I have been extra tired the last few months. I have upped my medicine and hoping for more energy. Finally, though, I did have a little energy and decided to clean out my closet. So much stuff needs to go. Back to it I go.

Happy Mothers day and God Mothers day and awesome Aunt days to all of you lovely, special ladies.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!

@MMtwo glad the job is easing up. Always a learning curve!! I bet you are great in your new role!

@missy I am thrilled you got to see your family! Lovely pictures--thanks for sharing. I am sad I cannot see my Mother IRL; but I'll ask my sisters to take some pictures or do a video when they are there today.

It is chilly out, wet and dreary again. Just cold enough to have snow but it really doesn't stay on the ground. I want tulips and daffodils, not snow!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! HappyMother’s Day to all of the Mothers out there.

@missy your adorable nieces are sure growing up and yes one of them is taller than you now. I am so happy for you to get to see everyone! Great pictures from the day and yes your bling looks great. Marty did get home safe and sound about 10:15. He was beat but happy to be home. He took today off at the gym too so he could relax for a day.

Hi @springerspaniel I hope you are doing well.

@mrs-b you got some lovely mother’s days gifts. I agree going directly to WF could be costly but oh what fun you’d have! Our London broil was good; thanks. We had strawberries, asparagus and mashed potatoes with it.

@MMtwo glad to hear work is going a bit better; learning the robes in a new job certainly takes time. Sorry to hear your sugars are a bit higher; I hope that gets better soon and you get rested up. Cleaning out your closet does sound like work though.

@canuk-gal I hope the wet weather helps bring out those tulips and daffodils for you. I noticed our neighbors had tulips in bloom.

I didn’t do much today. Got our laundry done, lifted, read a bit and ordered my iPad. Delivery is expected between May 25 - June 2.

Take care.
Marcy

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

The start of another week!

Thank you @mrs-b, hopefully we’ll all be on the same continent if not the same state soon. I’m really sorry to hear you’re Crohns is causing so much distress to you, it’s just never ending and I hope the tests you’re due will show that something can be done. Wow, I feel like I’m letting the NIRDIs down with my total lack of interest in anything bling at the moment, but you and @bling_dream19 are doing your bit. I look forward to living vicariously through you! What thoughtful and lovely gifts :kiss2:;-)

Oh no @MamaBee, I’m sorry your Mum‘s bridge came out. It happens quite regularly, we often had patients who needed their bridge or crowns reattached. Hopefully your Mum enjoyed her steak yesterday without mishap. A silver spinel sounds really pretty, and I love the look baguettes give a piece. My pink sapphire has 2 channel set rows of baguettes on the band.

:lol: @canuk-gal, you’re Colin’s kind of gal! He’d happily eat the pastries in the car on the way home. I’ve already told him we’ll be on strict rations when we move, one cake a week, or we’ll be the stars of a reality TV show!

I’m not surprised that the stress is affecting you @MMtwo, it’s only to be expected, but it’s still early days and you’ll soon be on top of the job and feeling less stressed. I hope your son continues to do well at his job.

Glad Marty got home safely @marcy. I bet it was a relief that the Torture Round 2, wasn’t as bad as you were expecting. I’ve never been a fan of he sonic scaler, but the dentist was so gentle this recent visit, it wasn’t bad at all.

Hi @springerspaniel hope you and the pups are keeping safe and doing well.

Oh @missy, your sweet nieces are so grown up, I can’t believe how much they’ve grown, so has Zena! Whatever your sister’s doing, it’s working :lol: From what I can see of you in the photos, I have to say, despite all the issues, you’re looking really well, the few little extra pounds you say you’ve put on, really suit you. I’m not surprised your nieces were thrilled with their bling, they’re lovely. How’re your parents doing, I imagine they must’ve been absolutely thrilled to see you all?

We had a smashing time on Saturday. Considering how easy it was to break the corner of my bedside chest, it was certainly a hellava lot more difficult getting the rest of it off. I covered the top in cling wrap, and got the life hammer out of the car, because I thought if it can break windscreen glass, it should be fine on the mirror glass, but noooooo. It was a fight to get every piece off, but we did it, then had to scrape the adhesive off and finally hoover up the 6 millions microscopic shards that had escaped. The weather’s been quite good over the weekend, and we managed to get out and walk both days. Yesterday afternoon we got around to cleaning the car, we were only going to do the inside, but got the outside cleaned as well.

The gardener came this morning, and the grass is looking lovely, all our hard work last year has really paid off. The glass people came this afternoon to measure up for the replacement sealed units.

We’re going out for afternoon tea tomorrow to our friends, hopefully the weather holds because we’re only supposed to be outdoors, but we’re all fully vaccinated now, so if we have to stay inside, it’ll be fine.

Bertie went to day camp for the weekend as Adam and Kim went to San Antonio, he’s home now and completely zonked :lol: He’s had a bath and sporting a bandana.

D89CA628-71E3-4A86-AC71-759234233B34.jpeg

Happy Monday lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@Austina, Bertie is just so sweet. What a project removing that glass and you and Colin did a good job. How fun you caught up with your co-workers and I hope you had a good time at tea. Slowly but surely life is getting back to normal.

@MamaBee, great news about your mom's sore, what a relief. I'm sorry she was so upset but I'm glad you were able to make things better for her. Hope she had a great time at your house and you enjoyed your Mother's Day.

@missy, I'm sorry about the mishap with Greg's test and I hope the current results are good. Archie is precious. The girls look great and are really growing up. So nice you had a good family visit and I'll bet your parents were so happy to see everyone.

@bling_dream19, hope things are good with you and I hope your mother is progressing well.

@canuk-gal, sorry you had a rough week and I hope you got a chance to rest up over the weekend. I'm sorry you couldn't see your mother in person and I hope that day comes soon.

@MMtwo, sorry to hear you've been feeling tired and I hope increasing your med helps. Good for you for tackling your closet, that's a job that takes a lot of motivation to start.

@marcy, I'm glad this dental procedure wasn't as bad, being overly numbed is awful. It's good you didn't have too much discomfort. Glad to hear Marty is home safe and sound. It was nice your girlfriend kept you company.

@mrs-b, sorry you aren't feeling well and have to undergo all those tests but I hope they give you some answers. The flowers are gorgeous, glad you were treated to such a special day. I'm excited for you on getting a new diamond, can't wait to see it!

Thank you all for your good wishes about dd's new job, she's very relieved to say the least.

Yesterday dh and I had a late lunch at a nearby outdoor cafe at a swim club. Also had a nice chat with both ds and dd and they sent me cards and candy. They know me well LOL.

38A4AFE0-DD51-4D27-978A-52F3473A50C8.jpeg

Hope everyone has a good week!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee - just a fly-by posting....

I just wanted to let you know that DKJ has a maximum insurance of 75k, which may well not cover your new diamond. It doesn't cover my 3 stone, so I'm a tad concerned. I only found that out this week and it made me wonder if WF has a better coverage than that. I hope so, as I'm gonna need it! I'm thinking of flying down to Houston, tho, to see this thing before I pick it up, but why do I get the feeling that me in WF for any amount of time would be FATAL??

And to everyone else - Happy Mother's Day! Here's a shot of what I received from my god kids yesterday - just lovely! They know I love peonies, lilies and hydrangeas, and the chocolates are keto, bless their hearts! The heart-tree card is from Nathaniel and Eleanor painted the cuddling bunnies card, as Tim's nickname for me is Rabbit, and Eleanor has always referred to herself as my little bunny. :)) This morning she made me a delicious (and HUGE) breakfast in bed as well, and then we just sat up under the covers and chatted for over an hour. What bliss!

20210508_214500.jpg

And @missy - I LOVE those photos of you with your nieces!

@marcy - I hope Marty made it home safe and sound and that you both enjoy your London broil!

@canuk-gal - praying for some decent weather for you shortly - in fact, immediately - in fact...even NOW! Yay to yummy treats tho! :lickout:

To everyone else - wishing you a very happy Sunday and all good things for the coming week! <3

NIRDI shout out!

@mrs-b The flowers from your god kids for Mother’s Day are so pretty! You obviously mean a lot to them. The cards are so special.

I didn’t know about David’s limit on his insurance. Yes..I would need more coverage if he did a setting for me. I thought along the same lines about having Whiteflash do a setting. I was thinking of having David make a setting and having Whiteflash set it. The thought of sending it through the mail is scary. Pre-Covid I was going to fly to Houston to see the upgrade before I purchased it. That didn’t happen..Fortunately it all worked out. David does better prongs..but having WF set a diamond I purchased from them makes me feel less worried about damage during setting. They would also have insurance to cover it. I wonder if they would reset it with David’s setting.
I don’t trust leaving my diamond with any local jewelers. The Valoria is really pretty..I really love the swoop..but it’s a little dainty...I would also like diamonds of some kind on the shoulders. I’ve baguetted (made up a new word..haha) enough of my jewelry...Right now it’s fine. I finally think of it as my engagement ring. I really missed Libby..She was special..
I hope your Crohn’s calms down. I’m sorry you have to go through all those tests..Hopefully some news will come out of it to help you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Tuesday. It's a very busy week so just a quick drop by to let you know all is OK.

@springerspaniel hi there and thank you. I hope you enjoyed a beautiful weekend. Big hugs.

@MMtwo I am glad your new job is going more smoothly but I am sorry you are feeling tired and hope the meds help your energy. And I hope your blood sugar goes back to normal soon. I am sending you lots of good energy and healing vibes and gentle hugs. Thank you for your kind comments. Much appreciated. Hugs.

@mrs-b aww gorgeous flowers from your godchildren. You are a most loving godparent and they are so lucky to have you and you them. XOXO. And thanks for checking in with me yesterday. ((((Hugs)))) and bucketloads of healing vibes sweet friend.

@canuk-gal thank you for sharing my joy at seeing my family and I hope you can see your mom very soon. I know how hard it is not being able to and I am sending you so many good wishes and gentle hugs. Soon, I hope you can see your mom very soon. And in the meantime FaceTime while not perfect is something. Big hugs. And noooo snow please. Hope your weather is clearing up and becoming sunnier and brighter.

@marcy how exciting your iPad is coming soon. Woohoo. Glad Marty is home safe and sound and hope work is going OK this week. Hugs.

@Austina aww Bertie is a love. Thank you for your kind comments. I am getting praise for gaining weight and positive reinforcement is always good. It is easier to gain than lose. :) I am glad you got to enjoy tea with friends and yes to your beautiful garden. You put in the hard work and it paid off. Lovely. XOXO.

@junebug17 so beautiful where you and your DH enjoyed lunch and sweet that your children know you so well and honored you with cards and flowers on Mother's Day and you enjoyed a good conversation with both. I am glad your DD pleased with her new job. I have zero doubt she deserves all the best and more. Hugs to you and your family.

@Slick1 hope you enjoyed a marvelous Mother's Day. You are a marvelous mother and big hugs o you.

@bling_dream19 I love the gift you got your mom. Gorgeous. Hope you had a fantastic weekend and big hugs to you.

@sarahb I hope you had a fantastic weekend and Mother's Day and I am sending you lots of love and hugs. Hope all is going well.

@Polabowla how are you? I am thinking of you and hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. XOXO.

@MamaBee hope you had a lovely Mother's Day and sending you big hugs.

Hi to everyone else. It's a busy week so not sure how much posting I can do but I am thinking of each and everyone of you and sending you lots of love.

Greg and I got to walk yesterday before I had an appointment with a new doctor who is 90 minutes away so it was a trip. I like her very much but have to make some decisions because I have 5 doctors to choose from for my bone health and must decide as I cannot see all 5 for my bones. I want to choose wisely and each one offers different expertise and in fact specialize in 3 different fields. No one specialty owns bone health and there in lies the challenge. So we shall see.

I have telemedicine with her Monday (follow up from the appointment yesterday) and am glad we don't have to travel back there Monday but all the doctors are sort of far away from us and I am not deciding based on distance but based on who I think would be most helpful to me and my bone health. What I like about this doctor I saw yesterday is she said we are a team working towards my health and no other doctor said that. She is also relatively young (late 40s /early 50s maybe) and she is so sweet. She made me feel at ease and she seems to know what she is doing. She said she is going to look at all my past lab work and scans and digest them before our call Monday and I like that she said that. Sometimes I wonder if the doctors look at all my info right before our appointments and it is refreshing she said she would go through it all over the next few days. I appreciate that very much.

Today we are cycling and tomorrow another telemedicine with another specialist for bones. This is my initial appointment with him and he is the head of the endocrine unit at his hospital so I will see how it goes. One issue is he is in his 80s. But I am not ageist at all. Just worried he might retire soon and leave me to start over with another. Something I have to take into account. And Thursday a telemedicine with our endocrinologist to find out Greg's thyroglobulin results and discuss my (very bad) results too. I am quite nervous about that appointment on all fronts but of course most worried about Greg's results.

And I have a new thing happening. Bleeding where I shouldn't be and I don't want to think about what it could be. It's probably nothing right? I have to take one thing at a time and will address that if it continues. It has been for about 10 days now (on and off not continuously) but I am hoping it is innocuous in cause. Being new to this sign/symptom I don't know and well, I am overwhelmed with things at the moment so it has to wait for now. Praying it goes away soon.

Whew, sorry for the book. Thanks for reading and for caring and know I care about all of you so much. (((((Hugs))))))). Leaving you with a photo of our walk yesterday morning.

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 7.18.57 AM.png

Have a wonderful day lovely ladies. XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh @missy, I hate to think something else is going on now. Obviously without being too indelicate, is this latest issue something you’ve ever experienced before, could it be hormonal (if it’s what I think it is)? Is the severity and amount really excessive? If it is, then speak to someone immediately, if for no other reason, than some assurance. FWIW, and this is not ageist, I would go with the younger Dr. purely because although experience is a good thing, she’s more likely to be up to date with latest protocols, and it sounds like you gelled with her which to me is the most important thing.

What a dilemma @MamaBee, it’s nerve wracking to be waiting on the safe delivery of such an expensive item. Sounds like a trip to WF would be one way of avoiding the angst.

What a beautiful view @junebug17, it looks very tranquil, and hopefully next week, we’ll be able to enjoy eating out when further restrictions are lifted here. Sounds like a great haul from DS & DD for Mother’s Day :mrgreen:

We had a lovely day yesterday, Adam and Kim FT in the morning, and Bertie was still absolutely zonked from his weekend adventure, then we went over to Sue & Rob’s and sat in their lovely garden, enjoying a delicious afternoon tea. When it got a bit cooler, we sat in their kitchen with the doors open and chatted the day away. Rob needed some help with setting up Sue‘s new Mac, he’d done something, and eventually Colin got Adam to sort it out via zoom :lol: Rob had spent a couple of very frustrating days, and it was sorted out in a matter of minutes. We didn’t end up getting home till quite late, but it felt so good to meet up friends and enjoy their company.

We went out for a walk this morning, then went to the supermarket for fresh berries and few other things.

We’re supposed to be in for some great weather next week, so I’ll be able to get the pressure washer out and get busy.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day, sending love and hugs to you all :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results