shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's terrific (I hope) Tuesday.

@canuk-gal it's always one thing or another or multiple things. Life. Whatcha gonna do? Glad you are not working too hard and taking time for yourself. Time is the one precious commodity we can never have enough of IMO. Spring weather indeed. Stay well and enjoy.

@marcy how much snow did you get or are you getting? I hope it stopped by now. Wyoming. The state where snow happens almost all year round. Oy. Thanks for explaining what that dish is. I love pineapple but cannot think of the last time I had some. It's a pain to prepare and I am not good with knives as you know lol. How exciting about the Apple event today and cannot wait to hear what you end up purchasing. Yay that your tires are doing a good job for now but the Michelin tires are going to do an even better job so yay for getting those Thursday.

@Austina good luck on your dental appointments. I think I have a periodontal appt next Monday. We are sort of synced on our dental checkups haha. Fingers crossed you get called for Pfizer soon.

@Slick1 thinking of you.

Hi to everyone else!

The blue zircon OEC earrings came last night and they are sweet. I love them. Prettier than I even expected. I haven't taken any photos of them on my ears yet as I had just washed my hair when they were delivered but here are a few pics of them in the box.

bluezirconoecearrings.png

bluezirconoecs.png

Yesterday was a gorgeous cycling day and we covered a lot of ground. I will share more in another post just because my computer is acting wonky and I don't want to lose what I wrote.

Have a bluetiful, bluelicious and bluerrific day all. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So during our cycling adventures yesterday we saw Fiona again and I chatted with two girls there who were telling me Fiona (they liked my name for her so will now refer to her as Fiona) has been there for a year! And she has five babies! I almost started crying because how is she going to keep them alive? Oy oy oy. Anyway I was so surprised to hear she had been there for so long and now has babies. I fed her the rest of our unsalted nuts and am going to bring her food today if we see her. She has five hungry babies to feed. On the beach. They are under the boardwalk. :(

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.58.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.58.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.58.32 AM.png

The day was sunny early but became mostly cloudy. It was breezy but beautiful.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 5.58.57 AM.png

Another cycling day today before rain comes in tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy a lovely day. Hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh @missy, what beautiful earrings, the colour is just lovely and they look the perfect size for daily wear. Awwww I love Fiona, and thank you for making sure she’s going to get food for her babies. I can’t remember if I told you that many years ago, Colin heard something outside, and when he looked, he thought a big ginger cat was eating out of our dog’s bowl. When I looked it wasn’t a cat but a lovely foxy. I did put food out, eggs, chicken, carcasses, and the fox became a regular visitor. One summer’s evening, the fox brought the whole family, Mum, Dad and 3 babies, and became regular visitors. It was just beautiful seeing them, and once the neighbours knew, they started leaving food out too.

@marcy, I can’t believe you’re still getting snow, good job the tyres are proving to be effective, although I know you’re getting them changed. Well done for getting ahead on next month’s newsletter, I’m always amazed that you can come up with something interesting to write about. Did you succumb to a new Apple product?

I gave the ceilings around the new extractors a second coat today, and Colin has started repainting the fences. I’ll give him a hand tomorrow as we were waiting for a new brush to arrive.

So relieved to have a proper clean today, nothing else needed doing :dance:

We’ve got our address for the new house, now all we need is for them to get cracking.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing well, sending big hugs to you all :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Brisk ride today--cut it short cuz I was cold! LOL Have to do some professional development today anyway. Very time consuming.

@missy I love your earrings and your fox pictures!

@Austina cute stories about your foxes also. hheehhee

NIRDI shout out!!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@canuk-gal my tires did well on the ice this morning too. Marty said it was like the Ice Capades last night coming home from the gym. Good idea to make yourself less available at work. I had an employee out today and did both her work and mine; I was done by 2 pm and did take an hour for lunch. You’d hope at least one of my employees would have paused and wondered how I got all of that done so quickly. Oh well. I enjoyed doing something different. Glad you had a nice ride today in the chilly weather.

@missy we only ended up with about 2 inches of snow. They are expecting a few inches tomorrow night but then we are warming up again. I hope it’s okay to drive to Colorado Thursday morning. I would say it can snow anytime in Wyoming. I have definitely seen it snow every month here. I agree pineapple is good but it does require knife skills which we are not well known for having that skill. Of course all I have to do is ask Marty “do you want me to cut this up?”and he’s on it while he says he doesn’t have time to run me to the emergency room. The larger new iPad Pro sounds really sweet - faster processes and better display. The 11” iPad Pro has some resolution but faster processor. They won’t be out until later though. Your blue zircon earrings are gorgeous. I really like the color and zircons are quite lively, sparkly gems. Awe Fiona will totally appreciate you bringing her food. We had some baby foxes are work a few years ago; they were so cute.

@Austina I totally enjoyed about the fox and family you and your neighbors started feeding. My parents had a mountain cabin in a community with maybe 40 other cabins and one of the full time residents started feeding some foxes and they became almost tame around them coming around for supper every day. You could tell they were well fed; they had healthy looking fur. I do have trouble coming up with new topics for the local paper. My club newsletter is easier because I use recent space stories and current events for it. I started doing the club newsletter in 1986. I had a word processor. I’d type up my story and if it didn’t print out on one page I’d have to change font size or cut out a few things. I’d cut out clip art and tape it on the pages to get copied. It took me the entire month to do a 8 page newsletter. Times have changed. Nice to have nothing to clean today; you certainly deserve a day or rest. That’s awesome you have your address. I remember our “stick” in our lot with our address almost 9 years ago; I am sure I have a picture of it somewhere.

We had sunshine all day so the snow and ice was all gone when I got off work today. Woo hoo! Sadly there is more in the forecast tomorrow night. We could be near 70 on Sunday though. Maybe I can test our deck furniture.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Just a quick post as I have lots to do but wanted to say good morning!

@canuk-gal thank you! Glad you got a short ride in despite the cold weather and hope the professional development went well.

@Austina you are awesome accomplishing so much woohoo. Thank you for your kind words and for also taking care of the foxes when you had the opportunity. I love animas- all of them so yes definitely we do what we can. As you know I prefer animals to most people lol present company excluded of course. Yay for getting your new address.

@marcy that's not bad. 2 inches. Hopefully you don't get too much more if any. Greg loves the big iPad Pro and has been using it since I gave it to him. Glad your temps are warming up soon woohoo. Snow cannot survey temps in the 70s. :) Thank you for the color compliment on my new earrings. Hope you get to go to Colorado Thursday.

Hi @MamaBee hope you're having a good week.

@bling_dream19 hope your week is going smoothly.

@Slick1 keeping you in my thoughts.

Hi to everyone else. Hope the week is going well.

We had a great ride yesterday. Super long and the weather was sweet though windy. We ran into a young man when we went looking for Fiona who showed me a photo of her with a rabbit in her mouth and promised me she was eating very well and her babies looked good. So I agreed we wouldn't interfere and feed her as long as she was doing well. I was so relieved to hear this from him and he seems to care about her. The two girls I ran into the day before were also there and know him and backed up everything he was saying. Plus the photo does not lie. So whew!

We are expecting thunderstorms today so it's a walking day. And perhaps running errands time permitting.

Leaving you with a photo from our cycling break yesterday.
It was brisk and windy but sunny and bright.
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 7.17.32 AM.png

Have a wonderful Wednesday girls! XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

Man o man--gorgeous day today and had a great ride--but the weather will change dramatically; drop 20 degrees to rain/snow overnight. Then cold temps and wet weather for the rest of the week. I'll go to work tomorrow in my parka! LOL

@missy it is funny you see the same people on your ride (the fox guy) as we routinely see the same people walking and cycling on the paths every year. I feel like I "know" them. LOL

Hope everyone is safe and well.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

@missy great picture of the beach and your wonderful flags. I bet you'll enjoy your blue zircon earrings. I had a blue zircon ring for a while; I really liked the color and I really enjoyed the fabulous color. One of my many pieces of jewelry I sold to fund another jewelry project. Thank you for the feedback on the large iPad Pro and also for the cover recommendations. I might go to Best Buy tomorrow and look at the current models so see which size I like. That's good to hear Fiona does have a good food supply there; I guess she would move somewhere else if she didn't. It's nice of you to check though.

@canuk-gal I am glad you enjoyed a nice day and got to go for a lovely ride. I dug out my parka today. I can see snow piling up outside right now. I still plan on going to get my tires. The highway should be fine in the morning. That is kind of funny you and @missy run in to the same people on your outings.

We had snow coming straight down this morning when I went to work - that's unusual for Wyoming. My biggest accomplishment today was not losing it with one of my employees; why oh why do I keep going back? Sing Cindy Lauper's song "Money Changes Everything" here - ha ha.

Take care.
Marcy

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all i have been having terrible headaches & dizziness for over a week already. Finally spoke to the dr, it seems like a lingering effect of covid, some sort of inflammation in the head. Idk.
She gave me meds i hope they help.

@missy beautiful earrings enjoy!

@marcy sorry work is so difficult! Money is a great reason to go lol

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

@MamaBee, it's fantastic your mother is doing so well and it's great that she's interested in socializing. You must be feeling so relieved. The leg situation sounds distressing and I'm so glad it's improving. Wonderful news about your heart! Really nice to hear you sounding upbeat and less stressed. Must have been wonderful seeing your family and it sounds like David had a very happy birthday.

@marcy, thanks for the info on the differences between the cars...your new one is beautiful. Good to hear going back to the office has gone smoothly. Dh is heading back June 1. Which means we'll be heading back to NJ, which means he's not happy lol. Great news about your BIL and I hope his circulation problems are figured out soon. Beautiful deck furniture, you must really be wishing for warm weather. Sorry work has been so stressful for you lately.

@Austina, so glad to read that Shirley is doing better. You're doing a great job of cleaning, painting, and clearing out things, I know it's exhausting. The thought of doing our house instills fear in my heart LOL. Your hair looks beautiful. I got mine done last week but when I got home I realized I didn't get it cut short enough so I might go back. So sorry about the cancelled flight but it's great Colin was able to figure something out.

@MMtwo, I hope things are ok at work, starting a new job is very stressful but I'm sure things will fall into place. Good to hear your son is doing well and you had a great visit with your family.

Hi @Tourmaline, very exciting that you're getting an OEC - you'll have the best of both worlds, a solitaire and a cluster ring.

@canuk-gal, loved your "cutie" story, too funny! A year is a long time to go without seeing your mother, I hope you can see her before too long. Glad you've been able to get some cycling in but I'm sorry you're in for a cold spell.

@bling_dream19, I'm glad your mother is recovering but so sorry to hear that she's still in pain, sending good thoughts to her during her recovery.

@missy, great news about Greg's biopsy and on you getting the all-clear. Your zircon earrings are really pretty, such a lovely color. Good to hear the fox and her babies are doing well, I know living in the suburbs can be challenging for wildlife. Your nieces look wonderful and congrats to your niece on getting into the honor society, she looks so grown up.

@mrs-b, glad to read the Humira seems to be giving you a little relief. I'm sorry you're dealing with so much health-wise. Your charm bracelet is beautiful, very wearable and perfect for casual outfits. I'll have to check out your SMBT thread. Ugh, eye problems are scary and I'm so glad your issue turned out to be nothing too serious and I hope it settles down soon. Congrats to Eleanor on her acceptance into college, that's fantastic.

@Powlabowla, I'm sorry you and your family are still under the weather and I hope you are all feeling better very soon. I hope the meds help you. I know it's bittersweet to see your dd growing up - we know it has to happen but it's hard to let go. Having adult children brings new experiences and good times too though. Sorry you're feeling sad, hugs to you.

I'm in NJ right now, DD's boyfriend is out of town so I flew up to spend some time with her and keep her company. I haven't seen her in a while and it's been fun having her all to myself. We met at the house, spent the weekend and then went to her apartment and I spent a few days there. I'll be heading back to SC this Friday. I'm going to try to see my brother before I leave.

Dh went on his first business trip in a year this past week, while I was visiting dd. he says he felt like a complete novice lol.

Sending good thoughts to all, take care!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the well wishes @junebug17 !

My ds has a school play soon. (Outdoors, masked) and i am way too sick to go.
I went to one in November and was sick for days afterwards.
But i feel so guilty not going & so terrible for my son to be the only one w no parent there .
Unfortunately dh probably can't miss work for it. I have not even told ds yet

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Polabowla I am sorry you are feeling so ill and cannot attend your DS's play. Please do not feel guilty. Your son will understand. You are a trooper and you are doing all you can to give your family everything. You have to take care of you right now. You are on the mend from Covid and it has hit you hard plus your other diagnosis makes it critical you take care of yourself. Remember if you want to take good care of your family you have to be kind to yourself for all you are dealing with at the moment and take good care of your health so you are well and strong and able to be there for them for a long time to come. Big gentle hugs and continued bucktetloads of healing vibes. XOXO.

@marcy I thought of you when I received the email their covers were on sale. They make a quality product. Hope you find just the iPad you want at Best Buy. Thanks for the lovely compliment on the blue zircons. I have always wanted blue zircons and they are really just so pretty. It was an impulse purchase though I always wanted blue zircons I wasn't even thinking to get them anytime soon. Wow to the snow coming straight down and good for you not losing it on one of your employees the other day. Yup the Cyndy Lauper song applies haha. Hope work goes well today and aren't you getting your new tires today? Hugs.

@canuk-gal omg that is so true. We are always seeing people on a regular basis when we ride and in fact have become friends with some of them! B for one. And then there's Y and J and L and I could go on...Greg's very social and we have gotten to know a few of the "regulars" and we have socialized with them too. Haha yup. ANd then there's the people we wave to and say a quick hello that we don't really know but we feel we know and they feel they know us because they are always seeing us cycling. And then there's people who "know" us just from seeing us but we don't know them. I remember a few people said hey where have you been we missed seeing you these past few months. So yeah I think if you ask up and down the shore where we cycle there are those who are used to seeing us on a regular basis who probably refer to us as that "tandem couple" lol. As for the temps dropping same here. It is freezing outside and it was in the mid 70s F yesterday! What a difference a day makes and it is so windy so no cycling today. It's a walking day. Have a good day and stay warm Sharon. XOXO.

@junebug17 glad you are spending quality time with your DD. So nice you can do that. Also that is wonderful you are seeing your brother. How is he doing? I am sure it was strange for your DH going on that business trip. I know work has been getting busier and busier for Greg and I just hope they don't require office time soon. I have gotten used to having him around all the time haha. Enjoy the rest of your lovely visit with your DD and your time in NJ and have a safe trip back to SC. Stay safe and be well. XO.

@bling_dream19 happy Thursday. We know what tomorrow is haha. Have a wonderful day and continued healing vibes to your mom. And (((hugs))) to you.

@Slick1 hope you are having a good week. Big hugs.

@sarahb hello there! Hope your week is going well. XOXO.

@mrs-b you're in my thoughts lovely lady. XOXO.

@Austina any updates re your vaccine? Hope all went smoothly yesterday and Colin is feeling well. Hugs to you and fingers crossed the rest of this time goes easily and things continue to fall into place.

@MamaBee I keep forgetting to tell you I read collagen is healing for bed sores. I know your mom is doing well but for future reference adding collagen to the diet helps heal bed sores much more quickly. Interesting. Anyway hope your week is going well and hugs to you and your family too.

@springerspaniel hope your week is going smoothly and sending you lots of good wishes and hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well. We enjoyed a brisk walk yesterday and I think I walked as fast as I jogged last week lol. I am in a bit of discomfort today but it isn't as bad as from my jog last week. I can walk at 5 mph and jog at 5 mph so there you go lol. Anyway today is another walking day because it is cold (freezing) and windy.

Enjoy a wonderful day girls. Big hugs.

Leaving you with two photos from our walk yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 6.37.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 6.39.16 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @Polabowla, I’m so sorry to hear you’re still experiencing such horrible reactions from Covid, the virus that keeps giving. I hope the meds the Dr’s prescribed bring you some relief. Honestly, your DS will be fine, I know he’d love for you to be there, but if you’re till, you’re ill, and it’s one event in his life, you’re going to be there for so many more.

Lovely to hear from you @junebug17 and how fun to spend girly time with DD. I’m sure it must’ve felt very strange for DH to go on a business trip after so long, and it’ll be even stranger to going back to the office. I know lots of business here have told people they don’t actually foresee a time when they’ll be back at the office. This year has flown by and I can’t believe we’re almost in to May. Safe travels back to SC on Friday. How’s the weather there?

Hurry up and win the lottery @marcy, then you won’t have to keep dealing with all that cr*p at work! Nooooooo to snow, it’s just not right, tell Mother Nature it’s spring and nearly summer, and she needs to reset her clock!

How unfair to give you a taste of summer then whip it away overnight @canuk-gal, maybe when Marcy speaks to Mother Nature she can put a word in for you too.

If I can find the article, I’ll post it @MamaBee, but I’m sure I read someone having weeping legs after getting their Covid shot. I hope your Mum is continuing to do well and your’e keeping your stress levels down.

What a glorious blue sky @missy, and yes, I can walk really fast, as fast as jogging. Colin is usually trying to keep up with me when we’re out :lol: Sorry it’s so cold there, it’s cool here, but beautiful blue skies and warm in the sun. How’s your toe, did you get to see the Podiatrist yet? It’s funny how you get to ‘know’ people when you go to the same places regularly. It was like that when we had Dottie, we ‘knew’ lots of people, and would refer to them by the dog’s name followed by Mum or Dad.

I thought I’d posted yesterday, I meant to, we just got busy. Had a couple of more things collected, Adam had left a very expensive pair of cycling shoes, and they were snapped up, and also a camera lens filter. We were busy painting the fence panels at the front yesterday morning, then went food shopping in the afternoon and had to fill the car up. We went out shopping this morning, and ridiculous as it might sound, I bought lots of accessories for our new bathrooms because I‘d seen a store selling marble looking things that I know will looks great. :mrgreen: The packers are going to find it really strange that I’m taking soap dispensers, and toilet brush holders:lol:

We’ve been out this afternoon painting the fences at the back but need to go tomorrow and buy more fence paint so we can finish them all off. Probably another day or two to get all that done. We sorted all our mugs out, and I noticed someone had missed out on someone else’s so I contacted her and asked if she’d like them and she came and collected them today.

Got a pizza in the oven and a big bowl of salad ready for dinner :lickout:.

Adam said Bertie was whining on the way to playschool, and when they got there, there was a very reluctant dog being half coaxed and half dragged in, and he just rushed in without a backward glance.

I can’t believe it’s Friday again tomorrow, where’s the time going?

Big love and hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Polabowla I sure your headaches and dizziness are better now. Hopefully the meds helped. I am sorry you can’t attend your son’s play; I am sure he understands. Big hugs to you.

@junebug17 thank you - I am enjoying my new car. I am so relieved my BIL has been doing better. How is your brother doing? I am really looking forward to some warmer weather so I can try out the deck furniture. Oh no you have to go back and get your hair cut shorter. Sorry your DH isn’t looking forward to going back to NJ for work in June. How fun to go visit your DD, I am sure she enjoyed the visit as well. I bet you husband going on a trip was kind of unusual for him to get back on the road. Marty is heading out in May to see his brother but so far hasn’t had to travel for work.

@missy how could we not both love blue zircons; they are blue! I did not make it to Best Buy did did looks at Sams Club this afternoon, I think I’ll get the new 11” iPad Pro when it comes out. The large one like Greg has looks great but it’s almost the size of my laptop. That is so cool how many people you’ve met and made friends with on your outings. You just never know, right? I am so sorry you are having discomfort from your walk. I hope you are doing better tonight.

@Austina thanks for reminding me about the lottery. I need to pick up a tick (ssh don’t tell @canuk-gal I currently don’t have a ticket). I did try to call Mother Nature this morning - I think she blocked my number. Good deal to get the fence painted. You must be almost done with fixing everything by now, right? Mmm to a pizza in the oven. That sounds good. Sounds like Bertie still likes play school.

We had snow last night that continued in to the morning. I left 30 minutes earlier than I normally would and did make it to my tire appointment in time. There was spot south of town that was kind of nasty but other than that the roads were okay. The sun came out about 10 so it was nice to drive home. I did get my new tires and set up my car connect. Marty had to leave by 1:30 today and since my rings were out for delivery I came home after I was finished at the dealer. I cleaned up the kitchen when I got home - Marty must have fed an army based on the number of dishes he left behind. My rings arrived about then so I went out for lunch before going shopping at Sams Club. I did look at the iPads at Sams; I think I’ll get the new 11” iPad Pro when they come out. It will be 2 generations newer than the one I have. I didn’t feel like lifting after all of my adventures today but I did go lift. Funny work seems like less work than errand day.

Take Care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my blue solitaire with my steering wheel. The darn ring is still too big but not as much as before. If they put a new shank on it (it kind of looks like it) they sure didn't put on a wider one which was on it before they sized it too big. Oh well. I don't wear it to see the shank.

IMG_1037 2.JPG

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Friyay nirdis!
Whew what a week! I hope everyone is well and happy.
@missy I adore your blue zircon! The blue is magical, beachy and I love the dangle! You are going to look so cute in your dresses with these babies on! Hugs and lots of love to you always.
@mrs-b your compliment has had me beaming and giggling, thank you my friend. Basically, the flood gates swung open after the eternity! I hope your eye is feeling better and you are having a great week. Soo many congratulations to your goddaughter as well.
@junebug17 thank you for your sweet words. I hope you're having a great spring. Loved your post about quality time with your daughter.
@marcy I love your gorgeous sapphire and the steering wheel just makes it! Ring sizing is so difficult. I constantly second guess myself. But I love rings. Hopefully your ring will fit well. I have some rings that are more sized for summer and some for winter. I love your deck furniture too.
@Austina you are rocking and rolling getting things done! Thank you for your support and kind words. I want to go on a cruise someday and I enjoyed your insight on the cruise thread. I haven't been yet but I think I'd like the smaller boats. Hope you are having fun wearing your beautiful rings!
@Polabowla I hope you are feeling better.
Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYAY girls!

happyfriyay.jpg

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY sweet friend. Hope you have a marvelous fun day and love to you and continued healing wishes to your mom. Speaking of healing wishes...

Dear @mrs-b how are you feeling? Thinking of you.

@marcy SWOON! Love that blue solitaire ring. I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on the road lol with that ring on the wheel. How did the tire replacement go? I think the 11" pro is perfect for you. Good for you lifting even when you weren't in the mood. That's me every lifting day lol. Funny how it seemed an errand day yesterday vs a work day but that's how it goes and you were efficient and were able to manage it all. Hopefully that's all the snow for the rest of this spring. But there's always summer....:lol:

@Austina yes the sky is so blue here. Except for gray non sunny days then it is more gray blue. But when the sun is out it's beautiful bright blue. Haha you and I are fast walkers. Greg not so much. When I have energy I go ahead and back track and that's how we do it. Sweet you are almost done painting the fences. And yes to having the yard sale go well and selling Adam's cycling shoes. Love our cycling shoes. I wouldn't wear anyone else's though but that's just me. Shoes are not something I would buy used. I am seeing the podiatrist tomorrow. I didn't text him I just made an appointment online. I know he will ask me why I didn't just text him a photo because he could have saved me the trip and also expense but the thing is I want him to look at it in person. I cannot see anything wrong per se and of course it isn't hurting me now but I have a nagging feeling it is something. He might not see anything wrong tomorrow but it eventually yes I know it is something. I wanted to ignore it but then since there was an opening Saturday I thought eh let me be proactive and see him. I don't want to have to have another procedure though. Aww sweet Bertie. Hope he loves playing with the other dogs at day care. Have a wonderful day Austina.

@canuk-gal hope your weather has warmed up. Ours is bright and sunny and while a bit cool I will take it. Enjoy a wonderful FriYAY.

@Polabowla how are you today? Thinking of you and sending healing hugs.

@Slick1 sweet friend thinking of you and yay for FriYAY.

Hi to everyone else.

We had a good brisk walk yesterday and it was super cool out and very windy but sunny. Today is a bit like yesterday so walking again. Plus Greg has gotten very busy at work so it's a juggling act and we do the best we can. Today is a lifting day (haha to use Marcy's term but for me it's not lifting the way Marcy lifts but in my own way I do what I can) and so lots on the agenda. Hope everyone enjoys a lovely FriYAY and sending you all hugs and love.

What a difference a week makes...look at all the green popping up around us!

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 7.28.30 AM.png

And we saw a boy cardinal. So beautiful!

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 7.30.12 AM.png

Sorry it was not possible to get a clearer photo and I did the best I could. He is breathtaking.
The color all around us so pretty.

Screen Shot 2021-04-23 at 7.34.43 AM.png

Spring has sprung...Enjoy!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYay lovelies

I woke up today thinking today’s the day. We were sitting in bed and I said to Colin, “I’m going to hear today”.

We‘ve had a really busy morning. Went to the PO to post off a Halti to a Spin friend, they’re the people who looked after Dottie when our friends came from Illinois a few years ago. Then Colin popped in to get orange juice as we’d left it off the list, then we headed to Farnborough. Went to a couple of DIY places to get the fence paint, then stopped off on the way home as a top I bought yesterday still had the security tag on it! From there we went to the garden centre to get more compost for the last small patch of grass that needs reseeding. On the way home, we stopped to walk, and as we were heading back to the car, ping! My phone went. We dashed back to the car and I’ve made my appt for the 2nd jab for Tuesday :dance:

I put them on the free site @missy, they were a very well known brand, so the man who took them can easily sanitise them, and knowing Adam, they’d probably cost several hundred and he’d hardly worn them. I love red cardinals, they’re so cheery looking in their scarlet plumage. I think it’s a good idea to get your toe looked at, because you can guarantee, the minute you decide against it, it’ll flare up again. It’s always best to get reassurance, even if it’s only to say there’s nothing wrong. Bertie seems to absolutely love going to play school, and we watch him on the webcam playing with his friends.

Honestly @bling_dream19 cruises are wonderful holidays, but the secret is finding the right cruise line. Those type of threads are what I really dislike about forums, people using words like gross and hell when they’ve never even been on a cruise. It’s far from a floating old folks home these days.

Your ring is beautiful @marcy, but ugh to it still being too big, maybe when the weather gets warmer, it won’t be so loose. I find Bella loose in the winter when my hands are cold, but the perfect fit when it’s warmer. Glad you got your tyres switched, and that’s what you call dedication when you lifted even though you didn‘t feel like it.

How’re feeling today @Polabowla? I hope each day brings some relief for you.

I hope you’re able to enjoy time with your guests @mrs-b and the Humira is continuing to help ease things.

Beautiful day here, lovely and bright and sunny, although not exactly hot!

Can’t believe it’s almost the weekend :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please forgive me for this being basically a drive-by posting, but I just wanted to share with you all.....

Today, Eleanor got accepted into UC Berkeley. We are beside ourselves happy and she's thrilled.

Eleanor was a straight A student till she was in her junior high school year and fell into an extremely intense relationship with a young man, 5 years older than her, who got into her life and into her head in a completely obsessive manner. He convinced her to marry him as soon as she turned 18, to go to a community college and to live with him in a trailer where they were going to live mostly, it seems, on love and sunshine. She finally broke with him a year later (and when I say 'she broke with him' what I mean is - we were largely unaware of the magnitude of the relationship until we stumbled across a cache of emails he'd sent her, and threatened to call the police unless he got out of her life) - but by then the damage to her academic career was done.

By virtue of a hard-worked application and some still-decent grades, she was able to get into UC Riverside (an above average school) where she worked her tail off for 2 years and returned to her previous stellar grades. At the end of last year she applied for a junior year transfer at a number of schools - Berkeley being the most prestigious - and today she was accepted.

We are thrilled beyond belief and SO proud of her. This evening I watched her self esteem morph before my eyes and saw her smile in a way I haven't seen in 3 years. I am so pleased, so proud, and just so damn IMPRESSED by who she has become - and just wanted to share this wonderful news with my fellow NIRDIs.

My beautiful god-daughter is going to be a Berkeley girl. Hot diggity!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please forgive me for this being basically a drive-by posting, but I just wanted to share with you all.....

Today, Eleanor got accepted into UC Berkeley. We are beside ourselves happy and she's thrilled.

Eleanor was a straight A student till she was in her junior high school year and fell into an extremely intense relationship with a young man, 5 years older than her, who got into her life and into her head in a completely obsessive manner. He convinced her to marry him as soon as she turned 18, to go to a community college and to live with him in a trailer where they were going to live mostly, it seems, on love and sunshine. She finally broke with him a year later (and when I say 'she broke with him' what I mean is - we were largely unaware of the magnitude of the relationship until we stumbled across a cache of emails he'd sent her, and threatened to call the police unless he got out of her life) - but by then the damage to her academic career was done.

By virtue of a hard-worked application and some still-decent grades, she was able to get into UC Riverside (an above average school) where she worked her tail off for 2 years and returned to her previous stellar grades. At the end of last year she applied for a junior year transfer at a number of schools - Berkeley being the most prestigious - and today she was accepted.

We are thrilled beyond belief and SO proud of her. This evening I watched her self esteem morph before my eyes and saw her smile in a way I haven't seen in 3 years. I am so pleased, so proud, and just so damn IMPRESSED by who she has become - and just wanted to share this wonderful news with my fellow NIRDIs.

My beautiful god-daughter is going to be a Berkeley girl. Hot diggity!

Wow! Congratulations to Eleanor!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@Austina woohoo second jab Tuesday. Sweet. USA here you come. :kiss2:
It's super that Bertie enjoys play school. What a relief for Adam and Kim that his days are filled with joy and companionship while they are at work and then he gets to come home to the best family. Once I bought a top and the security tag wasn't removed. What a pain but we didn't have to go back to the store (which wasn't close) and instead a store down the street from us kindly removed the security tag. That never happened again as now I always make sure all the security tags are removed.

@mrs-b wonderful news and I am so happy for Eleanor! That young man will be but a blip on her radar. Kudos to her and best of luck for a bright and happy future and thank you for sharing your joy with us. :appl:

@bling_dream19 it's Caturday Saturday...and Days is open now woohoo...not sure we have time to stop there today but maybe...have a lovely day.

@canuk-gal hope you enjoy a lovely weekend with beautiful sunny warmish weather.

@Slick1 happy weekend sweet friend...enjoy.

@MamaBee how goes it? How's your momma doing?

@marcy any pro purchases? How was work yesterday? And hello sweet weekend.

Hi to everyone else. Greg and I enjoyed a good hike yesterday and got to see deer too. I always love seeing the sweet deer. Today we might cycle depending on how the morning goes. Lots to do. Hope everyone enjoys a happy Caturday Saturday. (((Hugs))).

During our hike yesterday:
Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 5.12.39 AM.png

After our hike (fingers swollen after we walk/hike so please excuse their appearance)
Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 5.13.40 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful weekend girls! XOXO.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy no great weather today at all. Cold cloudy!

@mrs-b my oldest (longstanding) friend's daughter went to Berkley on scholarship. She enjoyed it! Congrats on your news!

NIRDI shout out!!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And they're back!

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 4.18.45 PM.png

@bling_dream19 I hope we can enjoy ice cream together there and it looks like we might be able to...D and T said at least another year (as long all remains well that is) and maybe two but no promises...one day at a time. They told us they have an exit plan in place but not right now :)

days2021.jpeg

Hi @canuk-gal aww I'm sorry. We are getting rain tomorrow so no riding for us but hoping your weather turns nicer for riding tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

sending_flowers.gif

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
And they're back!

Screen Shot 2021-04-24 at 4.18.45 PM.png

@bling_dream19 I hope we can enjoy ice cream together there and it looks like we might be able to...D and T said at least another year (as long all remains well that is) and maybe two but no promises...one day at a time. They told us they have an exit plan in place but not right now :)

days2021.jpeg

Hi @canuk-gal aww I'm sorry. We are getting rain tomorrow so no riding for us but hoping your weather turns nicer for riding tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

sending_flowers.gif

Yum!! And yay to icecream hopefully all together someday!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b I'm so happy for you and your goddaughter! I love confidence blooming! I have no doubt you helped her with that.
@missy Bubbalah is looking gorgeous!!!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick GM to everyone! It's a cool rainy morning here but summer is coming because temps are predicted to get into the mid 80s F in a few days. @canuk-gal I know those are your kind of temps. :)

My podiatry appointment went well and he insisted on giving us another bottle of his homemade wine...haha no complaints here. And we got to cycle afterwards and as you can read from the post above enjoyed ice cream at Days. So it was a very sweet day literally and figuratively.

Today is probably a walking day but we shall see. Have a wonderful Sunday girls and big hugs to each and everyone of you.

winefromourpodiatristapril2021.png

Cheers!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Great pictures to scroll by - ice cream, wine, bling and scenery.

@bling_dream19 yes ring sizing can be tricky; the sapphire solitaire is very top heavy due to the size of the stone and the thick band on top but overall I believe it fits better. I also notice a big difference between ring sizes in the summer and winter - of course where I live summer doesn’t last long. Ha Ha. I know a guy at work who goes on the river cruises; way smaller boats and he says they get way better service. He has done several of them in Europe as well. I have NO desire to ever get on a boat; big or small.

@missy, love your cute dogs wishing us Happy Friday. Very cute. I must be going through a spell where I am less motivated to lift but I still enjoy doing it. I guess it’s just that I am busier right now. Sorry you don’t look forward to lifting either. That’s nice you are seeing green again on your outings. Yes, summer will be here maybe in 6-7 weeks. I can hardly wait. My nephew in Colorado planted some flowers in his pots this weekend; I was telling him I’d be following suit in June. Tree pollen is climbing here which my allergies won’t enjoy. Sending you mega dust on your toe and nice to get another bottle of wine. I did tell Marty he could order me the new iPad Pro 11” when they are accepting orders which right now says April 30th. I pointed out he could personalize it; he’ll enjoy that.

@Austina that is great you and Colin enjoy cruises; my in-laws absolutely love them and they go on the big ships like you do. They were saying next day they hope the one they have scheduled in October is still a go. She had so many credits on cancelled flights from the last year they got first class tickets for their flight there and back. My sapphire ring definitely fits better than it did and I think the spinning is more due to the weight on top then anything - gravity works every time it’s tried. Ha Ha. Glad to hear you are enjoying nice weather.

@mrs-b that is wonderful for Eleanor to get accepted to UC Berkeley. I am so relieved to hear she away from that man and continued with her studies and pursuing her dreams. Good deal!

@MamaBee I hope you are doing well.

@canuk-gal noooo I was hoping you had nice weather too; that means in a few days we’ll be cold and cloudy. I know we are expecting rain / snow during the week sometime.

We’ve been busy this weekend. I did get the May article for the paper emailed and started on the May club newsletter. Laundry, lifting and chores are all done. I even went out and swept off the little lawn aeration turds all over our sidewalk. Marty is having a friend over for lunch here at 2:30.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy I am jealous of your flowers and color--it is just blah here. And YES to 80 degrees!!

@marcy, it is trying to rain and snow (sleet) it can't make up it's mind. I woke up to the white stuff ths AM, but it's melted already. Nothing serious and our temps should be very nice this week. Fingers crossed.

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!
Off for a periodontal cleaning this morning but just wanted to wish everyone a beautiful Monday.

@canuk-gal it's probably going to hit 85F plus this Wednesday! I am glad the snow/sleet didn't stick and you are expecting lovely temps this week. Yay!

@marcy thanks. Some days I am more motivated than other days and regardless I push through. One day at a time. Glad you got the May article finished and the May newsletter started. You had a busy weekend. Hope you enjoyed having Marty's friend over yesterday and have a good day at work today. Yay for the pro 11" and getting it personalized. I cannot wait to see what Marty did with that part.

@Slick1 have a good Monday and hope the weekend was fun.

@bling_dream19 how's your mom's recovery going? How are you doing?

Hi @MamaBee @Austina @sarahb @Polabowla @mrs-b @springerspaniel @junebug17 @MMtwo @Tourmaline @rainwood @LLJsmom and everyone else! Hope a wonderful weekend was enjoyed by all.

We enjoyed a good hike yesterday after the rain stopped and ran into lots of beautiful deer. I never tire of seeing the wildlife all around us.

Can you spot the doe?

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 5.41.50 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 5.41.28 AM.png

Have a marvelous Monday and be safe and well.
XOXO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow @mrs-b what fantastic news, no wonder you’re all thrilled, what an achievement. Eleanor has obviously worked really hard and now that’s all paid off in spades.

Woohoo to Days being open again @missy and hopefully you’ll be able to meet up again with @bling_dream19. How lovely seeing so many deer out on your travels. Lucky you enjoying some great weather, it’s been lovely and sunny here, but cold.

Noooo to snow and sleet @canuk-gal, it’s nearly May for goodness sake, what’s the weather doing there? Tell it to pull itself together and get with the programme. :mrgreen:

Sounds like you’ve had a busy weekend catching up with with all the ‘exciting’ things, I hope your lunch guest was more interesting!

We’ve been busy painting the fences and are finally done. Glad we won’t have to do that again anytime soon.

Did I mention that a couple came to collect something the other day, and we found out they’d lost everything in a house fire? It transpires it was their fridge that caused the fire and the lady told me if she hadn’t closed the kitchen door that night, they wouldn’t have made it out of the house :-o They came on Saturday to collect a tall boy, and I offered them a rug and a lovely console table we had in the upstairs hall. They’re such a nice couple who’ve had a battle with the insurance company, and have finally got a rented property to move in to until their house has been repaired. They’ve been told it’ll take a whole year.

I’m actually looking forward to getting my 2nd jab tomorrow :lol:

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good start to the week :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results