shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mamabee, I love your asscher, quite a find.
But I understand. Having the same thoughts here.

Kisses to Auti!

Trying to catch up, but impossible. Reading & reading, and thinking of you all.

To use up all the leftover mosiac tiles, I’m covering the top of an old table. Kiné has started stitting in the bottom shelf when I work, so it might be fun to turn into a dog cubby for him, for his toys and for his clothes.
D06BE2DD-010D-482E-B567-CC840939B645.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @Jimmianne he is the most adorable puppy. I can see why you are heads over heels in love with him. I am too and I haven't yet met him. So happy you and Kine found each other. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy FriYAY!

@missy hello Missy the magnificent! Thank you so much for the information on the NSAID pain reliever.. that is interesting, I will mention it to Cara for sure and give Greg a hug.. Missy I an sorry you wake up so early, I used to be a really early riser for years and years and I retired and I sleep most times till 6 to 7 a.m.! first time in my adult life, but I do go to bed later too, but if I have anything on my mind that I am worried about, sleep is hard to come by... my friend of high school and college is the queen of insomnia, she's been thru every drug and run thru them all.. she was molested on a regular basis a lot of her young life and she thinks it's fear to go to sleep and she's never been able to break thru in therapy to get over it.. she is brilliant and has her PhD in early romantic British writers or something like that.. I am in no way saying this happened to you, just sharing my life and friends with you.. for my 21st birthday she sent me 3 joints in a birthday card from USVI - San Croix where she was living then.. too funny how young we were.. I'm going to have to look at the meme thread, those were hysterical made me laugh out loud! your ice cream looks delicious and you guys are just magnificent in your riding this summer/year... your pictures of your favorite town in Jersey are lovely..love you girlie and I hope you get some good sleep tonight Missy, I truly do! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dear Kate the Great. Big hugs to you and so many good wishes going your and Cara's way. And your entire family is in my thoughts. I am giving Greg a big hug from you right now. Yes I am always awake by 3 or 4AM. It blows. Especially because many of my friends are on the west coast so you can imagine how chatting with them via phone gets to be challenging. Especially since they sleep later lol. I am so sorry about your friend who was molested throughout her childhood. Horrific :( I had an idyllic childhood so cannot blame it on that. I am just an anxious person by nature but I don't even think that is it. I fall asleep fast but wake every hour and then I am up in the wee early morning hours for good for the day. I think it is hormonal as waking every hour started during menopause. But good luck to me finding any doctor who can help. They all shrug as if to say it's a part of normal aging. Not. LOL I cannot believe I posted memes here. I am dizzy from lack of sleep what can I say? I hope if you do check out the meme thread that you enjoy it! I love you too girlie. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You are da best. Hugs and love and have a wonderful FriYAY!

@bling_dream19 you made it through another week and happy FriYAY! Love you and hope the week is going very smoothly with no blips. And hope you are enjoying all your yummy bling! In PJs while working from home! Hugs!

@Slick1 one week down. I am sorry it's so hectic. I have much to tell you but had no energy last night I am sorry. I will contact you and fill you in. Hope today is a good one and hope you are feeling A OK. Hugs and love and yay for the weekend almost being here!

@MamaBee what can I say? Thank you! You are such a big help and thank you for taking time from making dinner to share your thoughts with me. I am still undecided lol. But leaning towards no. But OMG am I crazy? It's almost my top wish list item falling into my lap...what to do what to do. LOL. Have a wonderful FriYAY and thank you again. (((HUGS))).

@Austina hope you are having a blast. Hugs and cannot wait to hear all about your trip.

@springerspaniel it's almost October. Autumn is in full swing despite the warmer temps by us. It's cooling off by next week here I think with some rain coming tomorrow. Hope you are having a lovely week and happy weekend! Hugs.

@MJ_Mac hope you and your dh are well and all is going smoothly. XOXO.

@Scandinavian hope you and your lovely family are well and your mom is A OK. Hugs to you and the kids and the pups.

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying your beach house and that the family is well. Hope your brother is doing well and all is going smoothly. XO.

@AV_ keeping good thoughts for you. XOXO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well.
We cycled 70 miles yesterday. Not too shabby. The weather was perfect! But I think that might be the end of 70 plus mile rides til next Spring. Inclement weather is coming and less than ideal weather will be here soon. Hoping for a good ride today albeit not as long and of course more ice cream.

Here's our delectable treat from yesterday. Yummmmmm.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.47.31 AM.png

We cycled to Mantoloking again yesterday. It's super pretty there. I love it there.
I got a photo as we were cycling. It's hard to represent Mantoloking with one photo. The homes are grand and the views sublime. Yesterday was cloudy all day (purrfect for me) so the photo is a bit colorless but still beautiful I think.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.48.27 AM.png

Have a lovely FriYAY girls. Hugs to you all. Be safe and stay well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just forgot to share something so it's not shrouded in mystery as I alluded to in my post above. I found Old Cut studs in platinum that are GIA G and H in color. So lovely. But I am hesitating. One of them is an SI2 so that gives me pause though the seller (a very trusted and wonderful PSer) assures me they are perfect for earrings. And I trust her eye very much. I am concerned about the integrity of the stone ie will it crack/break? because it has an internal chip and cavity in the SI2 stone. The other is a VS1. Both facet patterns are gorgeous. And they are so white for OECs. I mean G and H GIA is pretty white (enough for me for OECs). It's like the proverbial needle in the haystack finding. But it's a chunk of money (they are high color OECs so yeah) and I am not sure PPW it would be worth it. Now perhaps I would wear these often but because I cannot try them on and see how they lay on my ears it is a gamble. And because it is a lot of money I am not sure I am willing to take that gamble. The size is 1 carat each so just over 6mm. Joanne @MamaBee came up with the great idea to do tin foil studs in that exact size. LOL. Great suggestion. So Greg made them for me last night. I think the size is good. What do you think? But still the SI2 gives me pause. Or as the kitties like to say...paws. :lol:

Tin foil studs. Who knows? Maybe these are all I need? :lol-2:

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.57.47 AM.png
See Gracie in the background? She is thinking how she would look in the OEC studs. I just can see her wheels turning haha.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 5.58.53 AM.png

So there in lies the blingy dilemma. On one hand these are just what I (thought I) wanted. On the other hand I think hmmm if I am going to spend that much money what else can I get that I might wear and enjoy even more? I have so many earrings. But I don't have OEC studs. I am going around in circles. And I didn't want to spend the money now because we did give a big chunk to our favorite charities recently and earlier in the year too. But then I think life is short. Go for what we want if we can afford it. Don't think so much about the future. About job security etc. Live in the moment. Oy enough with the cliches. I have too much worry on my brain. That's why I need bling to distract me. Not to add to the worry if you kwim.

That's all. Thanks for reading and if you have any thoughts to share. I don't want to share photos here of the earrings but if anyone wants to see them just text me. I told her I would give her an answer today. LOL I don't have much time. I did that to myself. I said I would tell her tomorrow (today). I think I just wanted to make up my mind without agonizing over the decision if you kwim. Too late hahah.
Have a good FriYAY and hugs.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy studs are classic! I think you would get the most wear out of them. My vote is yes! Yes! Yes! I also think that is a perfect size. I never take my studs out. Well, I do clean them and switch them with out to my bezel studs. :lol: All I wear are studs!

Hi all! So so busy! :wall: Have a wonderful weekend! ((Hugs))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I don't know about the integrity, that guy Alex often has gorgeous SI2 stones, if you like thPSem and they are the look you want then buy them, not to encourage you sweetie but just to say I wouldn't hesitate to buy SI2 stones for my ears.. integrity? of stones, not sure but hopefully others will chime on that.. love the tin foil!!

maybe start a thread? not sure because PS seems odd today, like it's having an attack of spam or something.. anyway.. hopefully I will be back tonight with some new pix of the house, the cabinets are THERE but not UP, and there has been more work on the front, we have had rain for 3 days so not much has been done.. but here's Auti and I yesterday.. love you.

1601039404455.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I don't know about the integrity, that guy Alex often has gorgeous SI2 stones, if you like thPSem and they are the look you want then buy them, not to encourage you sweetie but just to say I wouldn't hesitate to buy SI2 stones for my ears.. integrity? of stones, not sure but hopefully others will chime on that.. love the tin foil!!

maybe start a thread? not sure because PS seems odd today, like it's having an attack of spam or something.. anyway.. hopefully I will be back tonight with some new pix of the house, the cabinets are THERE but not UP, and there has been more work on the front, we have had rain for 3 days so not much has been done.. but here's Auti and I yesterday.. love you.

1601039404455.png

Love this photo !!! So much. 2 precious wonderful and amazing humans. ❤️❤️

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@missy Can you have them send the studs to you to check them out with a return window? I think you will love having studs! They are classic and a staple imo. I feel complete now that I have beautiful diamond studs and now pearl studs. I hear you on the timing with the money and of coarse with the s12 to make sure they are beautiful to your eye. I think the size is great for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Can you have them send the studs to you to check them out with a return window? I think you will love having studs! They are classic and a staple imo. I feel complete now that I have beautiful diamond studs and now pearl studs. I hear you on the timing with the money and of coarse with the s12 to make sure they are beautiful to your eye. I think the size is great for you!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I wouldn’t return them because it’s a hassle as 2 private people. USPS makes me nervous these days. Thanks bling dream. You make excellent points. ❤️

@Bayek thanks for weighing in with great points. I am not going to start a thread right now. Just wanted to share with the NIRDIS for now. Love you girlie. ❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

We got back yesterday evening, but we’re absolutely zonked.

I hope I’ve managed to catch up and remember what’s been going on!

@Bayek, so glad to hear that Cara is doing better and you’re getting to spend lots of time with Auti. Also glad to hear that your shoulder is on the mend even if your mobility isn’t back to normal yet. Our friend Bill had a shoulder replacement, it did take time to fully heal, but he’s painfree and got such good mobility now. I hope they’ve got your kitchen in now.

Sorry your knee has been letting you know it’s not happy @marcy, good idea to ease back on he weights for a little. It’s a good job you can work from home a couple of days a week, especially when you’re not wedded to it being the same 2 days every week. I do think making each other laugh helps to keep a relationship going.

What a great idea @Jimmianne, your table looks great and how cute that Monsieur Kine has made it his own.

I hope you’re keeping safe and sane @Slick1.

What made you decide that you will keep your antique asscher after all @MamaBee? I echo what Missy says, I think if you did decide to sell in the future, there’d be a queue of PSers wanting to buy.

How’s your Mum doing @missy? Wow, that raccoon is huge, what a greedy devil he is. FWIW, I don’t think a SI2 would be a problem in earrings, once they’re in, they’re in, it’s not as though they could get knocked like a ring, and clipped on something like a bracelet might. I like the size, personally I wouldn’t go bigger because 6mm is such a wearable everyday size.

How’re things with you @bling_dream19 ?

We had a great time in the Isle of Wight, everyone had to wear masks even on the outside deck on the ferry. Everywhere we went we had to leave our details for Track & Trace purposes. ALL of the staff wore masks all the time, and guests had to wear masks when walking about the hotel. Unless you requested it, the staff did not enter the rooms to make the beds or replace towels, so for 3 nights, we didn’t bother getting them to come in to our rooms. We went all over the island and generally had a great time.

I went for physio today, and she said there was a huge improvement in my muscle in just one week, so she’s given me harder exercises for the next 10 days.

We’ve got a huge problem with our water pressure, so hopefully the water company will be here soon to see what the issue it. We had to ‘shower’ with a bucket of hot water and jug this morning :lol:

No plans for the weekend, apart from trying to get the last patch of grass reseeded.

:wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couple of pix from the trip, first one taken at Osborne House, Queen Victoria’s holiday home.

17B1CB01-29CC-4ACF-BE72-514D971C1765.jpeg
It was really stormy yesterday when we went to the Needles

6BF55E4B-885F-4A61-815D-758258C3B4D5.jpeg

On the seafront at Cowes

9EBFFA4A-4C80-4DDF-B42A-62021BFC45BD.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!

Busyish week and work was OK. I have mask and uniform fatigue. LOL

Got my medical botox today and as usual I am a little sore. Luckily it passes quickly. Went to a new bakery near my Doctors office and bought some little cakes and fig and anise bread. Picked up two LARGE Alaskan king crab legs at the fish market. They are a little creepy!

My flowers/pots are slowly dying; tossed two today. The temps have been really nice and it predicted to last well into October. Hope so!!

Anyway hope all are safe and well.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@Austina wonderful beautiful photos! So happy you had a great vacation! Thank you for the gorgeous photos. :kiss2:
I am glad everyone wore masks throughout your time away and that you didn't have the staff come into your rooms for room cleaning and service. That was smart. I am thrilled you're doing so well with your physio woohoo! But oh no about the water pressure. Hopefully that can easily be sorted out as I can imagine showering with a bucket is no fun at all. Hope you are catching up on much needed rest this weekend and get that patch of grass reseeded. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 yasssss bling and PJs. Haha love it. Happy Caturday Saturday! XOXO.

@Slick1 woohoo it's the weekend and you deserve a relaxing and fun weekend after the week you had. Have a wonderful 3 days off! Hugs.

@Bayek how is Cara doing? Thinking of her and all of you and sending continued healing vibes and lots of love your way. XOXO.

@canuk-gal hope you are feeling a little better after your medical botox and hope you are having a good night's sleep right now. Sad about the flowers dying but yay for a milder autumn so far. Fingers crossed that continues. I am enjoying cycling in the mild temps.

@marcy yay it's the weekend. I am glad your work week is over and I am sure you are too. Hope no work disturbs you this weekend and that you and Marty enjoy a wonderful relaxing time. What's on the menu this weekend? Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. I am not sure of the weekend plans as drizzle/rain is predicted but of course if we can go cycling we shall. We had a great ride yesterday as it was another lovely temperature day and with lower winds so that was sweet. Speaking of sweet we enjoyed more ice cream. OMG I think I am made of ice cream at this point :lol:

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 4.52.50 AM.png

This photo was taken by Greg as I was on the phone with LLJ talking about a very critical bling issue. LOL. Gotta love that the NIRDIs are always there for each other come rain or shine or blingy dilemmas. Thank you LLJ :bigsmile:No worries though I was able to eat my ice cream before it melted. So all is well haha.

Speaking of thank you-

@MamaBee thank you again for your continued help. Glad you arrived safely to your destination yesterday and hope all is going well. Hey to Shatzie and David and your mom. Hope you all enjoy a wonderful weekend.

I decided against those earrings for a few reasons. The main one being my ever important PPW calculation. I love my antique dangle earrings so much that there is little chance of me wearing studs enough to make the double digit price tag worth it. For me. Right now. I just felt that money is better spent elsewhere and especially when the ferals come up to our door looking at us with their sweet sad eyes. I know where I need to spend any extra money we have. Look at this.

This is Snowflake last night. He has a permanent scowl on his face. I swear it is spooky but he is a sweet baby and my heart was breaking last night. He wanted to join us but Greg said no he would run if I opened the door. Gracie lunged at him through the glass but he did come right back when I walked over and motioned to him. Greg says he is feral through and through as he has been outside for over a year at least. But my goodness when I looked into his eyes last night my heart hurt. He is not different than our cats but for his misfortune to be born a feral and he is outdoors while our cats are safely indoors. :(

See what I mean about the permanent scowl on his face? He looks mad right? But that is his face lol. I guess we could call his expression permanent bit** face lolol.
Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 4.57.47 AM.png

Our cats were quite curious. This went on for a long while. Gracie kept lunging at him through the glass door. She is one tough cookie and I think her original name suited her.
Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 4.58.03 AM.png

OK girls that is all. I hope each and everyone of you has a lovely Caturday Saturday and I am sending hugs to you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabee, I love your asscher, quite a find.
But I understand. Having the same thoughts here.

Kisses to Auti!

Trying to catch up, but impossible. Reading & reading, and thinking of you all.

To use up all the leftover mosiac tiles, I’m covering the top of an old table. Kiné has started stitting in the bottom shelf when I work, so it might be fun to turn into a dog cubby for him, for his toys and for his clothes.
D06BE2DD-010D-482E-B567-CC840939B645.jpeg

OMG @Jimmianne! I love your mosaic table! I did mosaics many years ago. I would buy end tables that had damaged tops and then top them with mosaics. I would give them to friends! I used broken china..Love your idea for Kine! :kiss2:
Thank you loving my asscher.. I’m now wearing it on my right hand. I will be wearing it for a loooooong time as I don’t think I’ll be able to take it off. I knew that could be a problem because my right finger is larger than the ring finger on my left hand. At least I made it easy to clean because I will have to clean it on my hand.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! It’s a rainy day today. I love rain...as long as I don’t have to go out in it..My hair frizzes in a second...It’s ugly..haha
@missy I think when you see the studs you love it will be an easier decision. I love that you sacrifice bling for your feral kitties. I think that they would also want you to be happy...lol...What about moissanite OEC’s to see if you like the size? If you get a smaller pair like the 2ctw you can gift them to your nieces if you don’t want them anymore..They would be thrilled! It would be easy to get another pair for the other girl too...Just a thought. I have one Tianyu moissanite in a ring..and another one from India. The one from India is warmer..The tianyu one is colorless. Both of them are really pretty.
@Bayek Love the pic of you and Auti...Adorable girls...the both of you! I’m happy Cara is feeling better...I made a decision to hold Noah. I’m going to isolate for two weeks In Maryland because Shatzie works...Then I’ll visit them. I won’t hug Scott and Allie but I will pick up Noah and snuggle him. I just have to do it for my mental health. My daughter-in-law said that she read that young children don’t transfer the virus easily. Allie said Jackson could hug my legs...It will really boost my spirits..I hope I don’t get COVID..:???:
My friends have all held their grandchildren... After I saw your sweet pic with Auti I decided to do it..
@marcy I‘m sorry you’re knee is bothering you..I have been meaning to ask you this for the longest time...I noticed that you and Marty eat your dinner in the afternoon and lighter fare in the evening. Is that something you’ve always done? i know you’re supposed to eat your biggest meal for breakfast and each meal after that should be lighter. I’m the opposite which is my problem..
@bling_dream19 How are you enjoying your new bling? Your earrings are just beautiful...What do you have planned for this rainy weekend?
@canuk-gal My pots are also looking sad in Maryland. I think I’m going to let them go one more visit cycle and then pitch them. You reminded me that I have to get the irrigation system turned off soon. My zinnias are still flowering..but some are getting straggly. I try to let them die off naturally because I’m rewarded the next year with new ones. They act like perennials in my garden.
@Slick1 How are you doing? I worry about you being in school...I know you will do everything you can to be safe.
Girls..I‘m very annoyed at my husband. It takes a lot but once I get mad it’s not good. He is not a talkative guy..I know this. This isn’t a big change...It’s just that with COVID I would expect him to realize things are harder for me right now. I have no time for myself. He doesn't even talk to me about the day. He listens to sports on his phone during dinner. He hardly ever compliments me on what I cook..He eats in silence listening to sports on the phone. I know he loves me but he takes me for granted. Yesterday I got here in Maryland by driving 2.5 hours with my mom, David and Bailey. I packed the car with supplies...came here...changed three beds..fed Bailey..cooked dinner...and I’m met by his silence with that darn phone. I asked him how was dinner. He said it was “Okay..” My wild hair is out..Thanks for listening...I needed to get that out...sigh..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I wish I knew exactly the right words to say to make you feel better.

You know Shatzie loves you. He just doesn't express it the same way you do or want him to. I hear you and I am with you. You guys have different ways to express how you love each other. As do most couples. You take care of him and the family and cook for him etc and that shows how much you love him. He provides for you and works hard at his job and he wants you to buy beautiful jewelry and other things for yourself and that is part of the way he shows how much he loves you.

I know you know this and I also know you need him to sometimes just say, Joanne, you are my world. I am so lucky to have you in my life. You are everything to me and I love you. Thank you for all you do for me and everyone. He might not say it but girl, this is how he feels. That I know.

Having said that, can you just have a gentle heart to heart with him when he might be in a receptive mood and perhaps share some of your thoughts? One thing I know for sure. Our men cannot read our minds. No matter how many clues we give them. Sometimes we just have to come out and say what we want.

Giving you great big hugs. You rock Joanne!!! Your whole family loves you more than they could ever show you. And know your girlfriends love you to. I think you are the bees knees! Thank you for all you do for everyone here too. You lift our spirits every single day. No matter what you are dealing with in your personal life you are always here for us. Love you. ((((HUGS)))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee I wish I knew exactly the right words to say to make you feel better.

You know Shatzie loves you. He just doesn't express it the same way you do or want him to. I hear you and I am with you. You guys have different ways to express how you love each other. As do most couples. You take care of him and the family and cook for him etc and that shows how much you love him. He provides for you and works hard at his job and he wants you to buy beautiful jewelry and other things for yourself and that is part of the way he shows how much he loves you.

I know you know this and I also know you need him to sometimes just say, Joanne, you are my world. I am so lucky to have you in my life. You are everything to me and I love you. Thank you for all you do for me and everyone. He might not say it but girl, this is how he feels. That I know.

Having said that, can you just have a gentle heart to heart with him when he might be in a receptive mood and perhaps share some of your thoughts? One thing I know for sure. Our men cannot read our minds. No matter how many clues we give them. Sometimes we just have to come out and say what we want.

Giving you great big hugs. You rock Joanne!!! Your whole family loves you more than they could ever show you. And know your girlfriends love you to. I think you are the bees knees! Thank you for all you do for everyone here too. You lift our spirits every single day. No matter what you are dealing with in your personal life you are always here for us. Love you. ((((HUGS)))).

Thank you so much @missy He never took to heart to heart talks. He’s missing a chip with being able to put himself in other people’s shoes. He’s a good person but he can be very arrogant. I think when I was younger I was able to put up with this and saw it as strength..I’m seriously worried about when he retires. I’m not thinking of divorce or anything that severe..but I’m very disappointed in him...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@MamaBee interesting: you are lonely but never alone and your DH is also lonely but since Covid mostly alone. I know how frustrating that can be. I feel for you. And I'm sure watching sports during his dinners, alone, is how he gets through his day.

During supper you might say, "you know DH, I miss our chats and talking about our daily lives". How do you feel about that? And then proceed to talk about your ADL. He might chime in or just listen.

Many hugs across the miles dear lady.

PS I am getting my hair chopped on Monday. Tired of my long mop! So much hair that grows quickly. Guess I could have worse problems. LOL

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

@MamaBee interesting: you are lonely but never alone and your DH is also lonely but since Covid mostly alone. I know how frustrating that can be. I feel for you. And I'm sure watching sports during his dinners, alone, is how he gets through his day.

During supper you might say, "you know DH, I miss our chats and talking about our daily lives". How do you feel about that? And then proceed to talk about your ADL. He might chime in or just listen.

Many hugs across the miles dear lady.

PS I am getting my hair chopped on Monday. Tired of my long mop! So much hair that grows quickly. Guess I could have worse problems. LOL

cheers--Sharon

@canuk-gal We are in the same home now. He missed me when I was in Maryland isolating in the beginning...I did that for three months. He was lonely in Pa by himself. He would drive to Maryland every weekend. We talked more in the back yard during that time than any time in our marriage. When I went home to Pa he went back to his normal self...no talking...taking me for granted. He’s quiet by nature...His job is very stressful...talks all day...so when he gets home he wants to relax and doesn't want to talk about it. He also loves David but he doesn’t do anything with him. I’ve done everything with taking care of David from day one. He went to work and left me with everything. I don't want to bash him but it’s the truth...I’ll get over my mad like I always do...I need to get my diamonds out..haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I thought I wrote saying I loved seeing your photos! I’m losing it for sure.....:lol: You are such a cute couple! I’m happy you had a nice time. I think it was smart to skip the room being cleaned. I hope your water pressure problem is solved now. Bucket showers aren’t fun at all! Haha

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal We are in the same home now. He missed me when I was in Maryland isolating in the beginning...I did that for three months. He was lonely in Pa by himself. He would drive to Maryland every weekend. We talked more in the back yard during that time than any time in our marriage. When I went home to Pa he went back to his normal self...no talking...taking me for granted. He’s quiet by nature...His job is very stressful...talks all day...so when he gets home he wants to relax and doesn't want to talk about it. He also loves David but he doesn’t do anything with him. I’ve done everything with taking care of David from day one. He went to work and left me with everything. I don't want to bash him but it’s the truth...I’ll get over my mad like I always do...I need to get my diamonds out..haha

I hope I didn't misunderstand or speak out of turn. Stressful job are trippy. Hope you can all relax soon.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I'll be back girlie! hope you are doing well, today is Michael Robert's bday, 33! gosh I'm old and I was old when I had him! in 12 days Christopher will be 29! eeeeek! we have a busy day scheduled but wanted to pop in early to say I LOVE YOU! miss you and that feral is so adorable.. you and Greg are just wonderful! bbl.. crazy day today.

@Austina BEAUTIFUL and Colin so HANDSOME and you both look wonderful, can't wait to see you soon. xoxoxo

@MamaBear the thing with Auti is that maybe she has already HAD covid, don't know but Mike has always tested negative and his MIL is in town and she is a TRUMpster and anti masker so they made her get tested! good son and DIL.. she came out negative, Mike's and Cara's nephew on Cara's side is also born on 9/27 and so a big birthday bash today of which I will miss, BUT I made him the key lime pie.. Hold that little guy Joanne, you deserve it.

BBL

love you guys.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I'll be back girlie! hope you are doing well, today is Michael Robert's bday, 33! gosh I'm old and I was old when I had him! in 12 days Christopher will be 29! eeeeek! we have a busy day scheduled but wanted to pop in early to say I LOVE YOU! miss you and that feral is so adorable.. you and Greg are just wonderful! bbl.. crazy day today.

@Austina BEAUTIFUL and Colin so HANDSOME and you both look wonderful, can't wait to see you soon. xoxoxo

@MamaBear the thing with Auti is that maybe she has already HAD covid, don't know but Mike has always tested negative and his MIL is in town and she is a TRUMpster and anti masker so they made her get tested! good son and DIL.. she came out negative, Mike's and Cara's nephew on Cara's side is also born on 9/27 and so a big birthday bash today of which I will miss, BUT I made him the key lime pie.. Hold that little guy Joanne, you deserve it.

BBL

love you guys.

Happy Birthday Michael Robert! It‘s your day too @Bayek ! Have fun!
I’m nervous about it but I’m going for the baby! It won’t be for a while because it’s a busy month..I have to isolate for two weeks first.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy Sunday!]

Oy, it never rains but it pours :roll: Colin went to get a shirt out of his walk-in, and the floor was wet. Looking up, we could see lots of damp patches on the ceiling, so I ran upstairs to the top floor, had a feel around the pipe work of toilet, and yep, it was all wet. We don’t think that’s the reason for the low pressure, but it probably isn’t helping. I emptied the tank, and hooked up the ballcock so the tank doesn’t fill again, and we’ve got the dehumidifer going in the walk in.

We’ve managed to get the last big area of the lawn prepped and reseeded, just a couple of very small patches to do once this area has taken.

@Bayek, happy birthday to your ‘babies’, yep, they do have a habit of making us feel old! Hope Cara continues to heal and things are going well up at the house. Is your kitchen in now?

@MamaBee, I know when Colin was working, he’d leave the house at 6am, an early finish would see him getting home about 8pm, he’d eat and generally be fast asleep the minute he sat down. I think a lot of men are like Shatzie, in that they take it as read that we know they love and appreciate us, and don’t feel it necessary to say so. If he’s always been like this, then I doubt he’s going to change anytime soon, from what you’ve said, I think he feels he’s showing love and appreciation by giving you your mad money to buy whatever you want.

:lol: I have the same problem @canuk-gal, my hair grows faster than grass, and am also thinking of having a drastic chop this week, something like this. Hope your week is less busy and stressful.

C52D95E5-3FAA-4060-BE6B-0DBD25E9335F.jpeg

Aww poor little Snowflake, he does looked peed off, but he’s lucky that you have the Kitty Cafe so he’s getting regular food @missy, as long as those pesky raccoons don’t get in their first. Good for your for deciding that there’s no point in buying bling if you’re not going to get a lot of wear out of it, sometimes it’s better to ignore the itch than to scratch it! I hope you did manage to get out and ride and of course, have a good portion of ice cream. :lickout:

Stay safe @marcy, those fires are getting close.

Must dash, Shirley is due to be online soon, don’t know whether she’ll make it, but I need to eat first.

Big hugs and love to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s - 3 Days Behind

@missy glad to hear the ferals are enjoying lounging around. I like your idea of adding some ketchup to a killer rabbit. Of course one of the reasons I don’t escalate these shenanigans is it would quickly spiral out of control. Glad you continue to get in lots of miles and enjoy ice cream. Ha Ha for the memes. I won’t weigh in on those OEC studs since you already decided against them; your dangles are gorgeous. I wearing my studs more than any other earrings but those new dangles get lots of ear time. I like the picture of the cat starring contest.

@Bayek Marty thinks he is hysterical; I’ll get even. We do joke around. Glad to hear your shoulder is doing better. I bet getting your range of motion back will take time and be painful at times getting it there. Good luck with that. That’s great you can sleep better. I am delighted to hear Cara is doing better and happy birthday to Mike. How was the key lime pie? I am so sorry to hear what your friend has been through; that is awful. I can see why it would be hard to sleep. Wishing her mega hugs and peace. Great picture of you and Auti.

@Jimmianne great idea to tile the top of an old table; it looks awesome. How cute Kine likes setting in the bottom shelf.

@Austiina I enjoyed seeing picture of you and Colin on your mini vacation. It looks fun and both of you are looking good!!! That’s great your muscle has improved; I hope the harder exercises take care of it in no time. Oh no to a leak around your toilet; good luck with that. Your improvised shower reminds me of camping. That hairstyle is cute.

@canuk-gal I hope you are feeling better. That’s nice to have a bakery near your doctor’s office; a good reason to pick up a treat. Our eye doctor was right across the street from Dairy Queen; I was sad they moved. My few remaining flowers are looking pretty bad too. Not bad they last this long for us. I hope you like your new hairdo tomorrow.

@MamaBee oh no your asscher is stuck on your right hand. Hopefully lotion or Windex can help you get it off your finger when you are ready to take it off. Good question about Marty and my eating habits; if we are both home we generally eat a large breakfast and dinner at lunchtime then graze if we want something for supper. On work days (or when Marty is at the gym) we both eat 3 meals but my breakfast and lunch as not very large. I don’t like eating much for supper; I have a hard time sleeping if I am too full. Sorry you are annoyed with Shatzie and I totally get it. He might not have any idea he is doing anything that is upsetting you. As @missy suggested maybe have a talk with him and I like the idea from @canuk-gal to start a conversation with him during dinner. I think us ladies are more intuitive about emotional needs and support - the guys I know are a bit oblivious to that. Sending you big hugs.

I actually only had to do a few things for work this weekend; nice for a change. I have my article for the newspaper done and will send it off once I proof it one more time. Since I was working on my article I decided to start on the October newsletter. We have a huge fire burning about 80 miles west of us so we’ve had heavy smoke and ash here. So awful; it’s an area where there are a lot of dead trees from beetle kill. They’ve been logging out the dead trees but of course most of the rocky mountain region got hit with that disease but all that kindling hasn’t been removed yet. I’ve heard this was human caused too. It’s usually a ignorant camper or hiker; I sure hope it wasn’t arson.

We only ventured out for lunch yesterday. I ordered groceries to pick up tomorrow and will have Marty pick it up in the morning.

I am working on laundry today and did my lifting this morning.

Off to finish my chores.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee marriage is not for the faint of heart, John can be very dictatorial to me, he says it's 'our' money then I went on a spree of buying for Auti and Chris and boy that went over like a lead balloon, our husbands are themselves.. my husband would say he's a feminist and supports women, and he does, BUT he still sees himself as ruler of the roost, he's much more cold hearted about our sons and I hate that about him, I really do, but he does love the boys, but I allow him to not be involved, and then when he does involve himself and I think he's too hard I get mad, so it's round robin here.. I hate the saying it is what it is, but it's true, we aren't perfect, but we do work, we have had a great life and many wonderful adventures, so it's like lunar phases or something.. so no need to worry - Shotzie loves you and boy he loves how you organize your lives, then he takes that all for granted and then he snaps back.. he's a guy. you are a mamabee with the heart of the universe.. lucky all those men and babies in your life. xoxoxo

@marcy Hey! yes yes yes getting that range of motion hurts like hell, it was easier with my hips fer sure.. Cara is doing better, I saw her today from 6 feet, she looks better and Autumn was attached to her mommy.. the key lime pie was delicious! ours is almost gone.. Sorry about the fire Marcy, here in Atown we get fire residue and smoke from Mexico they always burn their fields and I always choke on it.. have a great week and glad you are working on the Oct newsletter and have your article done. xoxoxo

@canuk-gal hope you are feeling ok! and hope the hair appt goes smashingly well! xoxox

@Austina ooohh I love that hairstyle - will look smashing on you! really, love it.. nice height and great around the nape!! do it!.... I hope your call with Shirley went well.. how's her little grandie doing?

@missy my marvleous, magnificent Melissa! how are you, good I hope, Mike's cat Luna, she is a feral, she's pretty quiet, I love her, her fur is soooo beautiful.. Hey I liked your question on virtual signalling, I thought about it on and off all day... cycling tomorrow? how's all the furbabies doing? Mom and Dad? the nieces and sister and BIL? we are all good here.. saw Mike for about 15 minutes today and my little Auti was there with her mommy, we stayed about 20 minutes as Mike was mowing the lawn etc. YARDWORK.. ugh.. so we were saying good bye Missy and Auti starts crying! she wanted to come with me and John, Cara said 'aw she loves you' I said 'Well, I give her all the cookies she wants and her fruit ALWAYS has honey all over it' Cara's a good egg and she knows me and she laughed, so I'd cry too if someone I KNEW was leaving who showered me with diamonds! xoxoxoxo love you girlie..

okay some of the latest pix, we went up today and things are all about and a mess but slow but steady progress NIRDIs! xoxooxoxo

1601254283776.png 1601254314489.png 1601254365199.png 1601254389753.png

Office area, laundry room, one of the bathrooms and MY homemade pizza dinner.

just added; front of the house, almost done with the stonework there. yahoo.

1601254962210.png

Sending true spirit and caring to all our NIRDIs and all women everywhere.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results