shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina isle of wight and Australia, are you guys flying to Australia and cruising or cruising from the Isle of Wight? sounds FANTASTIC any old way... Australia is wonderful... you are lucky because it's going into spring there! i'm jealous, but I consider you a bestie friend so I will let it go! ;-) xoxoxo

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Nirdi's happy terrific Tuesday!
I'm not keeping up very well so please forgive.
@missy you looked adorable in your dress, parasole and Timby's! :kiss2: Well, hopefully you had lots of fun at the store and that is a bummer they are closing. I was hoping to go there someday. Your icecream looks amazing as usual!
@Bayek man that pizza looks soo good! Nothing like NYC pizza :lickout:
@Austina Now I was clotted cream on a delicious scone with some strong black tea, cream and a touch of sugar. I hope you're having a great week!
Love and hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bayek !!! Showed Greg the power saw and he’s impressed. Very impressed. Thumbs up. He said for John to wear goggles and steel toed shoes.

Luv u girlie!!! ❤️
Luvu 2 @bling_dream19 ❤️

We’re about to make dinner so I’m off but had to tell you what Greg said.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@Bayek !!! Showed Greg the power saw and he’s impressed. Very impressed. Thumbs up. He said for John to wear goggles and steel toed shoes.

Luv u girlie!!! ❤
Luvu 2 @bling_dream19

We’re about to make dinner so I’m off but had to tell you what Greg said.

Love you too Missy!
@Bayek I thought men didn't read directions lol?! At least mine doesn't and it drives me cray! I like to read and do everything step by step methodical. We are all slightly nutty lol. Enjoy your dinner Missy!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bayek, your front door is wonderful! I’ll bet you can hardly wait to be in that beautiful new house (with your cute and impressive (he reads directions?!) husband). Argh about shoulder pain as you recover, at least now you are on the other side of the injury and surgery. You have amazing events in your future...a house warming and an Auggie hugging.
How are you gong to furnish? Modern or traditional??

Niffler, you and I are both ready for the dentist with no dentist in sight. : (
Do you have any clue when you can get an appointment?
About that ring...the saga does go on. TheRealReal said the ring was on its way back to the States, so they gave me a refund.
But the same day, the courier in France said they already had the ring to put through customs! TheRealReal is a confused, confusing company.
When I actually have the ring in hand I will deal with TheRealReal. I think they should pay for the additional shipping charges. We shall see.

Missy, I love your dress, your shoes and your parasol!
Happy to hear Mr.O is going to be OK. Speaking of such things, is Greg fully recovered now??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! It's a rainy Wednesday here but we are comfy cozy and enjoying some delicious coffee and relaxing for now. Before the hustle and bustle of the day.

@bling_dream19 thank you very much. I love all things blue and find I wear blue most often. Though I do not have blue eyeglasses (I do have blue sunglasses) since I cannot find blue frames that I love. How is your week going? How is work? Thanks for your kind and generous comments and for your good wishes for Oliver and company.

@Bayek Greg loves that tool manufacturer. High quality. So pleased he is reading the instructions. One cannot mess around with power tools. Glad PT is going well and you are hanging in there and working it. That Brooklyn pizza. You cannot beat pizza from Brooklyn. I was just saying to Greg the other day I think Brooklyn pizza beats pizza from Italy. LOL. I have had both and both are delicious but Brooklyn edges it out. What can I say? I cannot wait to see what Katie makes for you jewelry wise. You cannot go wrong with either stone. Red or yellow. In fact those 2 colors go very well together. Hmmm. A bypass ring with both? Just thinking out loud here. Hugs to you my sweet Great Kate dear friend. Love you. Stay well and looking forward to your next update re the house and your shoulder. As for the tennis necklace we both need to get one. A line of bling around the neck. What could not be beautiful about that? Thank you for your love and support and Oliver thanks you too.

@Austina how are you feeling? How was your tea with Sue and Rob yesterday? How is your son doing? Ugh to the alarm service being a mess yesterday. I hope they can fix that very soon for you. I am very relieved you were able to get the insurance company to extend your coverage through Sunday and hopefully the alarm will be replaced and working by then. What a hassle. I am glad you enjoyed the company of your dear friends despite the food and rain. And yay for looking forward to Australia. You might want to look up a PSer or two when you are there if it is convenient. One dear person who specializes in opals...just saying/enabling haha. Hope the alarm gets fixed today and it is a good day. Hugs to you. And thank you so much for all your comforting words and good wishes for Oliver and everyone. You are a dear.

@Jimmianne I hope you get the Sepkus ring and can tell The Real Real what to do with themselves. And do not give them all their money back if your ring does arrive. Take the extra shipping charges you had to pay and subtract it from the money you got back before you give it back. If you kwim. Anyway no more interactions with them after this ordeal. I never bought anything from them and thanks to your unpleasant experience I never will.But hoping you have the ring in/on hand soon and this will all be a blurry distant memory not to take away from your enjoyment of the lovely ring. Hugs to you and hugs to Kine.

@Slick1 how is the family doing? How are you doing? Hugs and good wishes and lots of love.

@springerspaniel thinking of you and hoping all is going well. Hugs to you and to sweet Ellie.

@MJ_Mac how is your DH doing? I hope he is healing well and without any more symptoms and all is going smoothly. Sending well wishes to him and to you and your sweet furry babies too. Lots of love.

@AV_ how are you sweet lady? I am thinking of you and hoping all is OK with you. I miss you and am concerned because you are one of the few I don't have contact info for and we haven't heard from you for a long while. I know life can be crazy and busy and all that stuff but we care about you and I am concerned because we have not heard from you for a while. If you can and when you can please just drop us a line letting us know you are A OK. Hugs to you.

@Niffler75 thank you for your good wishes. All is well. How is your sweet son doing? What is he up to these days? How is your DH adjusting to being back at work? Hope all is going smoothly. XOXO.

@canuk-gal so pleased you are happy with the car choice and you cannot go wrong with such a gorgeous well made car. Hope you are enjoying cycling this week and that work is going smoothly. Also sending you and your mom and sister and son and DH and all your family lots of good wishes. And hugs to you.

@MamaBee how are you doing? And I hope Chris is continuing to heal and get stronger and soon be fully recovered. How is your mom doing and how is David doing? Hope Shatzie is doing well too.

Hi to everyone else. Hope life is going well and all is quiet and peaceful.

We had such a wonderful ride yesterday. Perfect weather, cool ocean breeze and yummy ice cream and lots of wildlife too. Couldn't ask for a better day. Which is good because today is not a cycling day. Later this afternoon/evening Greg has a dental appointment to fix a filling that broke. But we have the afternoon to do something just not sure what yet. This morning is filled with chores we have to get done first though.

Ice cream. I had to get a large yesterday and oh it was so gooooood. @Scandinavian a large. And I wanted more when I finished it haha. I am a glutton when it comes to ice cream.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 5.20.37 AM.png

And I got a Blue Heron in flight. So graceful and gorgeous.

5997EE96-8C9A-42B9-B8B5-101FA8A7A6FD.jpeg

It really is magical around here.

A pantascopic beach shot.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 5.23.14 AM.png

No editing at all. These are the true colors. Amazing.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 5.24.01 AM.png

Have a lovely lovely day girls. (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:lol: Technically, we’re ‘cruising’ to the Isle of Wight on the Red Funnel ferry, it takes about 60 minutes from Portsmouth. We’ll be going on the Monday, and coming home on the Thursday, we’re going to visit Osborne House, Queen Victoria’s holiday home and generally just have a look around and enjoy being away for a few days. The cruise around Australia starts in Singapore, so we’re going there for a few days before the cruise, as Sue & Rob have never been, then after the cruise, we’re going to stay in Sydney for a few days. We’ve been before, but Sue & Rob haven’t, so it’ll be fun. Hope your PT is going well and getting easier and less painful.

Good grief @Jimmianne, the thick plottens! Do you think you’ll actually get the ring? Definitely deduct any costs you’ve incurred from money you return to them, it’s still no compensation for the amount of aggravation they’ve caused you.

How’re things going with you @bling_dream19, I hope you’re having a good week?

We’re sharing the same weather @missy, it’s rained non stop today, the garden is loving it and it’s doing the new grass seeds no end of good. Not so great for us, as we were going to go out, but decided to stay in and go tomorrow when it’s supposed to be dry. The alarm guy came this morning and was here until lunchtime, we now have a functioning alarm, although it’s still not attached to the monitoring station, that’s another visit. I hope Greg managed to get his broken filling taken care of. I keep looking for the scar on his knee, but it’s looks like it’s healed really well. Your weather yesterday looks perfect and the pictures of the beach are amazing, doesn’t look like it’s too crowded. Hopefully your parents will be able to visit soon.

This weather is feast or famine isn’t it @Niffler75, it’s great that it’s cooler, and we needed some rain, but I’m ready for it to stop now :mrgreen:

How’re all the other lovely NIRDIs doing? I hope you’re all keeping safe and well, and please check in soon. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Work=exhaustion. Ugh.

NIRDI shout out--that is all I can say cuz I have no energy! @missy gorgeous photos! WOW!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a loooong day. I’ll be back tomorrow but just wanted to say we had a tornado here! Lol @marcy our weather is giving your weather a run for its money :lol:

Bubbalah kept me strong though. :)

A68F2FA9-AA49-4364-A376-93BEBABA3F41.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Missy you're in your seahorse dress and Bubbalah glorious! How was there a tornado? Hope yall are ok and many hugs.
Hi @Austina your cruise sounds like so much fun!
My eyes are shot from the computer all day. Quick shout out. Love and hugs to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

I'm with Sharon - work =ugh. How is your new BMW? What color is it?

Great pictures Missy! Oh no you caught some of our weather; a tornado is right up our alley - it usually brings along some of that nasty hail. How is Oliver doing? I love your polka dot dress and blue boots. You look awesome. Mmm ice cream.

Austina your cruise will be fabulous.

Bling_dream19 I hope you can relax tonight and stay off the computer.

Niffler75 love the Visible Confusion cat. I feel that way often. Oh no you need a dentist.

Jimmianne oh no you need a dentist too. Darn that hassle and confusion over your ring. I hope it shows up soon.

MamaBee that is great Chris is all better now. Sweet. Darn that your EC ring is stuck on your hand.

Bayek how are you doing and feeling? How is your pain level? Been thinking of you especially when my shoulder calls out to me. Ha Ha. Your house is looking good. John looks thrilled with his new power tool; you'll enjoy having that fireplace on chilly days (or nights). I did smile he was reading the directions; I usually get the "look" when I suggest Marty read directions.

I worked most of Friday night and Saturday morning. Then I got all of my chores done Saturday since my sister and BIL were coming to visit on Sunday. It was a fun day. I worked at home today and just got my lifting done. Off to read.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

@Bayek, so glad the shoulder is slowly but surely getting better. I'm sorry the exercises are causing you pain. Very sorry about your friend's daughter, that's tough and I hope she's better soon. The house is looking amazing! So fun to see it coming together. Cute pic of John and his saw, he looks happy LOL.

DD, DS, and DH are all doing great. I'm glad Chris is doing well, I know you miss him like crazy. That pizza looks SO good. So nice you were able to see Auti...and Mike and Cara too of course lol!

@marcy, very sweet that Marty took you out to dinner. I'm sorry work has been so busy for you lately. So nice Marty had a going away meet for his two young clients. I'm glad you had a good time with your sister and BIL.

@MamaBee, I am thrilled Chris has recovered and is getting back on his feet. I can only imagine how relieved you are. It's hard figuring out how to navigate seeing family and I hope you can see your grandchildren soon.

@bling_dream19 , I can't wait to see all of your new bling...ACA studs are going to be beautiful. And I love mint garnets. It's great DK can fix your earring.

@missy, your studs look beautiful and are the perfect size for your ears. Good to hear Oliver's paw is better. Wow to a tornado, hope it didn't do much damage. Nice you were able to visit the jewelry store in Lambertville, such a fun trip. Sorry to hear they might be closing though. Beautiful video of the heron and the beach scenery is lovely.

@Austina, your story of Harry hobbling on a different leg made me smile! I'm sorry your trip to the hotel didn't go as well as planned but it's still nice to just get out of the house and see friends. What a mess with the alarm company and the insurance, sorry you have to deal with that headache. Your trip to the Isle of Wight sounds wonderful.

@Jimmianne, ugh, sorry about all the hassle with the ring and I hope it somehow magically all works out!

@Niffler75, I'm sorry your joints are sore and you're feeling tired, I can see how it's hard having your dh back at the office. Definitely puts more on you. Take care and rest when you can. Very glad to hear the weather has cooled down for you.

@canuk-gal, very glad your family is doing better. Have fun driving your beautiful new BMW I have a black car too, and I must say I think they are very cool! Sounds like work has been busy, hang in there and take care.

DD and her boyfriend ended up coming for a visit...they got here middle of last week and left today. It was wonderful seeing her and we all had a fun and relaxing time.

Here is a pic dd took at sunset
B9EF506C-0756-4F2B-885B-A59CD9CFE7C7.jpeg

And here's a pic of the beach...the best part is no people LOL!
14D108FA-E1C5-472A-AB34-93EEEB8A5E20.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy (non Tornado please) Thursday.

Missy you're in your seahorse dress and Bubbalah glorious! How was there a tornado? Hope yall are ok and many hugs.
Hi @Austina your cruise sounds like so much fun!
My eyes are shot from the computer all day. Quick shout out. Love and hugs to all!

IDK and LOL. Not funny actually but since no one was physically hurt I am relieved. Look at this poor house. And the poor family moved in just this past Monday. But they are A OK. And that is what matters. But sheesh. I feel for them :(

treeonhouse.png

tornado.png

How is work going? Please remember to take a visual break from the computer screen every 10 minutes or so for at least 10 seconds. Look away and refocus for far. That will help alleviate the visual stress. My sweet friend do not work too hard. Any weekend plans? It's already Thursday woohoo. Thanks for enjoying my seahorse dress. I got four compliments on it yesterday. It is a people pleaser lol. I wore it with my new blue waterproof Timberland boots. Looks like they were made for each other. I just love blue. Hugs.

We’re sharing the same weather @missy, it’s rained non stop today, the garden is loving it and it’s doing the new grass seeds no end of good. Not so great for us, as we were going to go out, but decided to stay in and go tomorrow when it’s supposed to be dry. The alarm guy came this morning and was here until lunchtime, we now have a functioning alarm, although it’s still not attached to the monitoring station, that’s another visit. I hope Greg managed to get his broken filling taken care of. I keep looking for the scar on his knee, but it’s looks like it’s healed really well. Your weather yesterday looks perfect and the pictures of the beach are amazing, doesn’t look like it’s too crowded. Hopefully your parents will be able to visit soon.

I hope your weather is improving @Austina. Today is predicted to be a perfect weather day and we are so ready for it after yesterday's storm. I am relieved for you that your alarm is functioning once again and hopefully it will soon be attached to the monitoring system. Greg's scar looks pretty good I agree. He is back to normal knee wise but now wants to do the other knee. I told him I am not ready for that yet lol. We have to wait til after his kidney stones and pandemic are well over. And then we can consider it. I need some peace if you kwim and hoping we can wait on that other knee. How is your knee doing? Have you had your eval yet? I hope you are feeling OK and managing until you are able to get it fixed so to speak. Would PT help at all? My parents will visit as soon as the temp is a bit cooler and no chance of rain since we want everyone outside for the visit. Thanks for asking. How are Adam and Kim doing? XO.

I worked most of Friday night and Saturday morning. Then I got all of my chores done Saturday since my sister and BIL were coming to visit on Sunday. It was a fun day. I worked at home today and just got my lifting done. Off to read.

Hello @marcy you had quite a productive weekend. I am glad you got reading and lifting done yesterday. Yay for visiting with your BIL and sister. You are so lucky that you get to see them relatively often. I miss my sister and nieces but will have to wait to see them. Glad you got to work from home yesterday and IIRC today is also a work at home day? Enjoy. Hugs.

DD and her boyfriend ended up coming for a visit...they got here middle of last week and left today. It was wonderful seeing her and we all had a fun and relaxing time.

Aww so happy for you guys. What a nice visit. I am pleased you all got to enjoy each other's company. Your photos are lovely. What a gorgeous sunset. And woohoo an empty beach is a beautiful sight indeed. Thank you for sharing these pics. Hope you have a good rest of the week Junie. Thank you for the lovely words re Oliver and also my studs. I am not a stud girl but rethinking them because Greg really likes diamond studs on me and who doesn't want more diamonds haha. XO.

@Slick1 good luck at today's appointment and I am sending you much good luck dust too. XO.

@Bayek dear great Kate. Hugs to you and continued healing vibes. Hope you get to see Auti and the rest of the family very soon and safely. How is the house progressing? When is the estimated time of completion?

@springerspaniel hope the week is going nicely and hugs to you and Ellie.

@canuk-gal looking forward to cycling today and I hope you are enjoying a good week. And loving your sophisticated gorgeous new BMW. XO.

@MamaBee how are you doing? Hope all is well and I am sending you good thoughts and hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope it is calm and peaceful by you.

So yesterday after the tornado (and after losing power four times within 30 minutes tho yes the generator kept going on whew) we ran errands and I also stopped by WP and got 2 new pairs of glasses. One pair of eyeglasses and another pair of sunglasses. Too many now to count but I love mixing and matching. Not sure the sunglasses are going to work out for me as it might just be too big even for me. It was challenging evaluating it with a mask and I didn't want to take it off for more than a quick moment so we shall see. Then we went to TJ and Dean's organic market (got more ice cream haha) and Costco. Then Greg went to our friend the dentist and I just relaxed at home and before we knew it time for bed. I didn't sleep very long though but eh that's OK. Whatcha gonna do?

Anyway hope everyone is having a lovely week and feeling well. XOXO.

Leaving you with Bubbalah enjoying a Pink Martini song. I recently discovered the band and I am oh so loving them.
Sorry for the bumpy ride. :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy ohhhh Bubbalah.. oh gosh, stars, twinkle, color, I seriously could look at that stone allllll day.. it's gorgeous... there is nothing like an OEC, nothing.. the pinks, blues, reds.. yellows, fire.. well I'm on fire looking at that ring.. The herons! so lovely, we used to go to Duck Beach when we lived in the NE back in the day.. herons were everywhere but boy that place become really crowded! Everyone should look at Missy's pictures for a chill pill that is all I can say, they make me feel like I had a good nights sleep.. refreshed and serene! Ty sweetie!!!!! Chris didn't mention anything yesterday, he called ME! i love when either or both son's call me instead of me calling them.. he's all into buying some type of income property.. oh to be almost 29 again! Sweetie I am so sorry you don't sleep, John sleeps fitfully also, me too at ties.. my mother would say 'grin and bear it Catherine'. meh.. she was a pain sometimes.. maybe thinking about Bubbalah! .... john said THank you GREG! he appreciated the pointers and he has the glasses he used to have steel toe boots when we had a motor-cycle but not sure now.. miss you, and am sending buckets of love to you Missy, a beacon and a light for all of us. xoxoxoxoxox etc.

@Jimmianne Dentist? I need one too. House will be filled with all the old stuff from Maine, I'd say eclectic to comfy! I am ready and will be going granite shopping next Tuesday, miss you Jimmi! really do.. but France is soooooo beautful.. how's Kine? hope you are well. like I said, miss you mucho.

bbiab

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I wish I could go granite shopping with you @Bayek, I’d love to walk around the yard and look at all the slabs :lol: Hope you’re doing OK with the PT and aren’t in too much pain.

OMG @missy, those poor people, let’s hope their insurance company pays up and they get the house all sorted out quickly. Thank goodness for your generator with this crazy weather. I hope the weather has settled down and you’ve enjoyed the day. Is Greg’s tooth all fixed up now? I’m glad to hear that his knee is feeling normal now, it hasn’t been that long, so that’s really good news. I’m not surprised he wants to get the other one sorted out, but totally understand your reluctance to have to deal with hospitals at the moment. My consult is on the 3rd September, same day as the other ortho appt. Took a big gulp, and paid for the Invisalign yesterday :mrgreen:

The beach looks lovely @junebug17, and it sounds like you had a really great visit with DD and her BF, so good to have some normality for a while.

Oy @marcy, work doesn’t sound like much fun ATM, glad you got to visit with your sister and BIL on Sunday and work from home.

Ugh @canuk-gal sorry work is wearing you out.

Had another issue today, our exterior cameras went offline this morning, and we did everything suggested to get them up, it kept saying it was our internet, which we knew it wasn’t, as everything else was working fine. Colin finally got someone from their tech department to phone, and much as I thought, they needed to to an upgrade before the system would work, it’s all sorted now thank goodness.

We went in to town as I had parcels to send off, winning lots for people for the Spinone Overseas for Adoption (SOFA), hopefully we’re on target to raise over 10,000 in only 4 weeks. I buy little things I see on the jewellery channel website and people are always really generous. We then decided to have lunch while we were shopping, and sat outside and enjoyed our lunch. It’s been a lovely warm day here and no rain!

Can’t believe it’s almost Friday again!

:wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

@Bayek, so glad the shoulder is slowly but surely getting better. I'm sorry the exercises are causing you pain. Very sorry about your friend's daughter, that's tough and I hope she's better soon. The house is looking amazing! So fun to see it coming together. Cute pic of John and his saw, he looks happy LOL.

DD, DS, and DH are all doing great. I'm glad Chris is doing well, I know you miss him like crazy. That pizza looks SO good. So nice you were able to see Auti...and Mike and Cara too of course lol!

@marcy, very sweet that Marty took you out to dinner. I'm sorry work has been so busy for you lately. So nice Marty had a going away meet for his two young clients. I'm glad you had a good time with your sister and BIL.

@MamaBee, I am thrilled Chris has recovered and is getting back on his feet. I can only imagine how relieved you are. It's hard figuring out how to navigate seeing family and I hope you can see your grandchildren soon.

@bling_dream19 , I can't wait to see all of your new bling...ACA studs are going to be beautiful. And I love mint garnets. It's great DK can fix your earring.

@missy, your studs look beautiful and are the perfect size for your ears. Good to hear Oliver's paw is better. Wow to a tornado, hope it didn't do much damage. Nice you were able to visit the jewelry store in Lambertville, such a fun trip. Sorry to hear they might be closing though. Beautiful video of the heron and the beach scenery is lovely.

@Austina, your story of Harry hobbling on a different leg made me smile! I'm sorry your trip to the hotel didn't go as well as planned but it's still nice to just get out of the house and see friends. What a mess with the alarm company and the insurance, sorry you have to deal with that headache. Your trip to the Isle of Wight sounds wonderful.

@Jimmianne, ugh, sorry about all the hassle with the ring and I hope it somehow magically all works out!

@Niffler75, I'm sorry your joints are sore and you're feeling tired, I can see how it's hard having your dh back at the office. Definitely puts more on you. Take care and rest when you can. Very glad to hear the weather has cooled down for you.

@canuk-gal, very glad your family is doing better. Have fun driving your beautiful new BMW I have a black car too, and I must say I think they are very cool! Sounds like work has been busy, hang in there and take care.

Here is a pic dd took at sunset
B9EF506C-0756-4F2B-885B-A59CD9CFE7C7.jpeg

And here's a pic of the beach...the best part is no people LOL!
14D108FA-E1C5-472A-AB34-93EEEB8A5E20.jpeg

Gorgeous pictures Miss JuneBug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy you saw your DD. I miss my son A LOT. Don't visit like we used to---thing is, I can't get used to that.

We've owned two black cars in 35 years of marriage--but have had at least 5 silver ones!!!! haha Is it silly to love a car? I guess I am silly cuz I love this new one. LOL New stuff makes us happy! (but retiring our old SUV was sad--it was like a family member.)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@junebug17 beautiful sunset photo and the beach looks amazing. How nice DD and her BF came to visit; that sounds fun. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

@missy how awful about the tornado damage. Yes, I worked from home again today. Back to the salt mines again tomorrow. You had a busy day yesterday. Sweet to get new sunglasses. I am rather surprised my new glasses and lenses aren’t in yet. Bubbalah looks great in the car. I hope Greg’s tooth is feeling better.

@Bayek sweet that Chris called you. I have to remind Marty to call his parents; he doesn’t think of it. My MIL told me she knows which of us remember holidays, birthdays and anniversaries. I hope you are feeling better and your shoulder is getting stronger every day.

@Austina it is fun to look at granite and backsplash. Plus those places usually have good diamond lights. Work has not been fun; I often chant “I love my Porsche, I love my Porsche” to keep me going. Is that bad? Glad they got your exterior cameras working again. Our camera system is pretty old and it seems like I have to unplug them more often to get that camera back online. Nice that you pick up things for SOFA - I hope they do well this year. How fun to dine outside today on your outings.

@canuk-gal that’s great you love your new car. It makes it more fun to drive.

Not much going on today other than work. I did get 2 batches of laundry done as well. Marty was here until about 2 pm today so we had stuff cooked on the grill for lunch and raw veggies. He has been waiting for his new barbell since March sometime and it finally showed up today. Of course he’d already left for the gym then we had a bout of heavy rain so the tube got soaked before he came back to get it. It was fine though because it was in a heavy plastic bag.

We had a fire south of town but they got it out in about an hour. We sure need rain around here. Smoke from assorted fires is bad.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, what a terrific sunset photo-that pink and blue reflection on the beach! Your DD has the eye.
I started a new art project after visiting a mosaic glass warehouse, and thought of you while working on my first piece. A highly recommended pastime. Are you finding time for art these days?

My DD and I did a photo shoot last night. She asked me to look more enthusiastic about the sunset... D4F26AE0-4ABF-44E3-8E3D-AF61F227C04F.jpeg

We went to an outdoor restaurant for dinner, and then walked to an outdoor winebar for a lemon popsicle. It was magical to sit under an umbrella, in the rain, in the dark with little fairy lights, and eating a delicious treat.

Sharon, happy new car. Have fun driving that nimble thing!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYAY lovely ladies.

OMG @missy, those poor people, let’s hope their insurance company pays up and they get the house all sorted out quickly. Thank goodness for your generator with this crazy weather. I hope the weather has settled down and you’ve enjoyed the day. Is Greg’s tooth all fixed up now? I’m glad to hear that his knee is feeling normal now, it hasn’t been that long, so that’s really good news. I’m not surprised he wants to get the other one sorted out, but totally understand your reluctance to have to deal with hospitals at the moment. My consult is on the 3rd September, same day as the other ortho appt. Took a big gulp, and paid for the Invisalign yesterday :mrgreen:

Hi @Austina yes, Greg's tooth is all fixed and he is A OK. Thanks for asking. I am glad your consult is soon and hopefully they can help you sooner than later. Glad you have the invisalign all sorted out too. And yes, thank goodness for our generator. Woohoo for raising so much money for the dogs and whew what a relief you fixed the security camera issue. It's always something. Glad the weather is behaving and hope today is another lovely day. XO.

@Bayek aww thank you. Bubbalah loves the compliments. She is a pretty glowy beauty indeed. She mesmerizes me and is ever changing though her one constant is her gorgeous faceting. I wish for you that one day you get the OEC of your dreams too. Love you Kate the Great and I told Greg that John said thank you and we say thank you right back. Thank you for being you and for caring and for all your love and support. You are da best. Sending you continued bucketloads of healing dust and lots of love. XOXO.

@marcy glad you got to work from home the past 2 days and hope today goes OK in the office. Glad Marty got his barbells. My weight machine delivery is delayed (I knew it would be) as the business owner hasn't yet received it as he was supposed to so now we are hoping it comes in to his store next week. But I am not holding my breath. In the meantime I work out with free weights and kettlebells and my Pilates Reformer. Just doing the best I can. It is all any of us can do. I hope you get your new glasses soon. When were they supposed to arrive and when do you expect them? My new glasses aren't due in til September something. Everything takes longer due to Covid. Ugh to the fire south of town but glad they got it contained. Stay well and safe and sending you hugs.

@Jimmianne lovely photo. Looks like it should be a painting. :) Hugs.

@bling_dream19 yay we made it to FriYAY. Hope you have a wonderful day and looking forward to an even more wonderful weekend. XOXO.

@Slick1 sending good thoughts and safe wishes your way. Hoping schools do not open for in person learning. Hope your mamma and Ultrasound went very well yesterday. Sending you love and hugs.

@canuk-gal it is not silly at all. I love our car so much I reincarnated him into our current car. :lol: Hugs to you and have a lovely wonderful day.

@sarahb good morning! Hope all is well. Sending you hugs.

@Keeliamira thinking of you and hoping life is calm and peaceful.

@MJ_Mac thinking of you and K and hoping all is well and healing is going smoothly. XO.

@springerspaniel hope all is well by you and hugs and good wishes.

Hi to everyone else. We enjoyed a wonderful cycling day yesterday and the weather was perfect. As was the ice cream. Hoping for more cycling today after our list of chores. It's a warmer day but hopefully not too uncomfortable.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 5.56.38 AM.png

Enjoy a wonderful FriYAY lovely ladies. And (((hugs))).

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
goodmorning!

Sorry yesterday I was busy, doing what I cannot remember.

So in an hour I start p/t exciting and scary because it is painful.. I would really like to get my arm back to full use but I am not sure.. it's hard to do. so the real work begins.

@Austina me too! I wish you were here we could def go to different yards, builder says to use Austin Stone works.

We shall see, I want white granite or as white as I can get with granite and a really snazzy piece for the island..

The bathrooms will all be quartz, the cabinets in the baths are white, I probably should have ordered gray but I like the white look. who knows.

hope everyone is happy! and miss you.

@Jimmianne what a beautiful picture of you Jimmi! I love it.. glad you and DD had a great time. xoxox

@missy Good morning MARVELOUS Missy, thank you sweetie, back at you a million times.. John was saying yesterday it was very fortunate Greg mentioned the steel toe shoes/boots, I consider John the logical to my illogic and usually he's the tops but he didn't think of that altho he did when we had the bike so it just goes to show that it is better to talk and get opinions!.. John came and said and I quote 'I'm glad you talked to Missy that was really helpful what Greg said'..WHOA all homage to Greg.. We love our wonderful, brilliant, kind, loving and true husbands. We are lucky ladies, not being said they aren't lucky with us too!.

ICE CREAM looks delicious.

Listen, how's your toe? how's Ollie? how are you? Give Greg a hug and tell him I appreciate so much his help for John, it was swelll.

LOVE YOU GIRLIE.xoxoxoxoxo etc etc.

well breakfast is calling and time to gear up for physical therapy... no pain no gain right? right...

bbl I'm sure.

kate the GReaT

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, I promise I am keeping up to date with everyone's news but I swear I am a human barometer!
I was up pacing last night for over four hours with ears popping,
banging headache and upset stomach. :knockout:And we have had stormy weather today! So I feel a bit like a zombie.
Other than that all is ok here. Having a rest this weekend from painting but will hopefully finish the kitchen next week!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @Niffler75, so sorry to hear you’re suffering, it sounds like utter misery. I hope you get a good night’s sleep tonight, it makes such a difference. How’s the little guy, has he found anymore interesting critters?

Love the sound of all your choices @Bayek, I do like grey, but I think white is the better choice, because any colour does ultimately date, whereas white is classic and timeless. You can always have grey accents (or any colour come to that) and change them easily to give you a whole new look. I really like white granite with grey lines, not too many, just enough to add some interest. I just know we’re gonna end up with dark wood with a busy beige/brown granite :lol: Hope the PT goes well, battle through it’ll be worth it in the end.

Oh phooey to your new weight machine being delayed @missy, this virus has a lot to answer for. I hope the weather was perfect for you to ride today, and of course eat lots of ice cream. Glad that everything is good with Greg. How’s Ollie’s paw, is it all better now?

Great shot @Jimmianne, you look suitably impressed :mrgreen: Sounds like a fun evening with your DD.

Oh no to the fire @marcy, there was a big one here last week where we’ve been walking with Sue & Rob in the past. They could smell the smoke from their place, fortunately we’re a bit further away. I hope you had an easier work day today, and that you don’t get bothered over the weekend. Life is feeling somewhat normal here, it really does help that we can go out and about again.

I don’t know if I mentioned that our neighbours are having work done at their place so we’ve said they can use our drive during the day for their cars. We’re honestly not finding the noise that bothersome, it’s only for a short time while their old conservatory is being demolished and new foundations dug. We went out shopping this afternoon, and when we got back, their daughter came round and left some cupcakes on the doorstep with a note saying sorry about all the noise :lol: Of course we had to have one immediately with a cup of tea, and it was delicious:lickout:

Colin’s got a nurse coming in the morning to draw blood, just for general tests and the PSA test, so we’ll have to be up early :roll2:

No plans for the weekend here, probably more lawn prep and grass seed laying, then trying to find way to keep those pesky wood pigeons off, who seem to think we’ve laid on an all you can eat, all day buffet for them!

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM and happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies.

@missy Good morning MARVELOUS Missy, thank you sweetie, back at you a million times.. John was saying yesterday it was very fortunate Greg mentioned the steel toe shoes/boots, I consider John the logical to my illogic and usually he's the tops but he didn't think of that altho he did when we had the bike so it just goes to show that it is better to talk and get opinions!.. John came and said and I quote 'I'm glad you talked to Missy that was really helpful what Greg said'..WHOA all homage to Greg.. We love our wonderful, brilliant, kind, loving and true husbands. We are lucky ladies, not being said they aren't lucky with us too!.

ICE CREAM looks delicious.

Listen, how's your toe? how's Ollie? how are you? Give Greg a hug and tell him I appreciate so much his help for John, it was swelll.

LOVE YOU GIRLIE.xoxoxoxoxo etc etc.

well breakfast is calling and time to gear up for physical therapy... no pain no gain right? right...

bbl I'm sure.

kate the GReaT

Dear Kate thank you! We are more than happy that we could be of some help. Anytime dear Kate the Great. Anytime! We love you girlie and we love John too. How is your shoulder? Do not worry about my toe please. It is a never ending saga with me and I am going to not focus on me for a while. How are you? How is Katie? How are your boys? How is Auti? I am longing for updates on your family. All my love and hugs to you and yours. And I hope the house building is coming along smoothly with no more surprises money wise. Hugging Greg for you right now and hug everyone in your family from me. OK? Deal. And you go girl re your physical therapy! But don't over do too much. Slow and steady and minimal pain. Don't push through the pain or you can have a set back. Slow and steady. Love you lots Kate!

Hi everyone, I promise I am keeping up to date with everyone's news but I swear I am a human barometer!
I was up pacing last night for over four hours with ears popping,
banging headache and upset stomach. :knockout:And we have had stormy weather today! So I feel a bit like a zombie.
Other than that all is ok here. Having a rest this weekend from painting but will hopefully finish the kitchen next week!

How are you feeling today sweet @Niffler75 ? Hope you are feeling better and your weather is improving. Good luck with the kitchen project. It will be beautiful when you have finished and I know you cannot wait to be done. Hugs.

Oh phooey to your new weight machine being delayed @missy, this virus has a lot to answer for. I hope the weather was perfect for you to ride today, and of course eat lots of ice cream. Glad that everything is good with Greg. How’s Ollie’s paw, is it all better now?

All is well with Oliver and fingers crossed that lasts. How are you feeling?

How nice you have such lovely neighbors and they are lucky too. I love people who cook and are generous with their yummy meals. Good luck today with Colin's blood tests. It's wonderful they are coming to you. I had that once and it was very nice. How is your weather today? Ours is warmer but hoping for a nice cycling day with ice cream of course. We cycled lots yesterday and enjoyed ice cream in the middle of the ride. It was a purrrrrfect day. Happy Caturday Saturday dear Austina. Be well and enjoy.

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying an idyllic weekend and feeling good. Hugs to you and all my best to your family. Hoping your brother and your children are well and enjoying the summer. I cannot believe we are almost through August. I feel a little blue thinking about the summer flying by but OTOH I will be relieved when we are through with this whole year and hopefully done with Covid sooner vs later. Fingers and toes crossed. Enjoy a lovely weekend.

@Jimmianne so relieved for you that you finally got your gorgeous ring. Enjoy it and wear it in good health. XO.

@MJ_Mac thank you! It is a very pretty necklace. May be a contender. I appreciate you thinking of me. Hugs. And continued well wishes to K and of course to you and the furry babies too.

@marcy hope your Friday went well and you are sleeping soundly as I post this. Have a good Caturday Saturday sweet friend. XO.

@bling_dream19 good morning, hope you had a great week. And are planning a fun weekend. Hugs to you.

@springerspaniel hugs and have a lovely weekend.

@Slick1 dear girl how are you? That was one amazing photo you took of the grasshopper. I am in awe. Gorgeous. Made me almost not be afraid of them. Very sweet looking IMO. How did the tests go the other day? Hugs and love and have a lovely weekend.

I am keeping you in my thoughts @AV_ and hope you are well. XO.

@canuk-gal what are your weekend plans? Perhaps a ride in your gorgeous new car? And maybe some cycling? Hugs to you and whatever you do enjoy a wonderful weekend. XO.

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone is doing well.
We enjoyed cycling yesterday and it was just a wonderful day.

Ice cream!

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 6.26.02 AM.png

And on our way home while we were in Sandy Hook (where we often go at the end of our ride just to enjoy a few more miles if we have the energy) I got the burning foot thing (happens after 5 plus hours on the bike lol) so we stopped so I could walk it off. And Greg took a video so lol here is a still from the video. Please excuse the goofy face. Just wanted to show how beautiful the skies were yesterday. Picture perfect. With the exception of me being in the photo that is. You can see my socks through the cycling pants because my legs were wet (from me spring water on them the entire ride) to keep my Schamberg disease calm (keeping behind the knees dry because the eczema continues to be a problem) and wet cycling pants are sort of see through when wet. But all the important parts were covered if you kwim.

missyinsandyhook.png

Happy Caturday Saturday lovelies. Enjoy! And be well.
And since it is Caturday here's a photo of the 2 troublemakers. Oliver Barney and Gracie Frances. Little kitties but they cause mucho trouble.

Screen Shot 2020-08-22 at 6.02.21 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, what a terrific sunset photo-that pink and blue reflection on the beach! Your DD has the eye.
I started a new art project after visiting a mosaic glass warehouse, and thought of you while working on my first piece. A highly recommended pastime. Are you finding time for art these days?

My DD and I did a photo shoot last night. She asked me to look more enthusiastic about the sunset... D4F26AE0-4ABF-44E3-8E3D-AF61F227C04F.jpeg

We went to an outdoor restaurant for dinner, and then walked to an outdoor winebar for a lemon popsicle. It was magical to sit under an umbrella, in the rain, in the dark with little fairy lights, and eating a delicious treat.

Sharon, happy new car. Have fun driving that nimble thing!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Jimmianne I knew it! You are a supermodel. How gorgeous you look!

Had a nice ride today despite the wind. Sailboats were getting their money's worth!

:((My dear friend called with sad news. Her cat went missing and the neighbor came over to say she seen it attacked by a bobcat. Needless to say she is very upset.

NIRDI shout out!

I need to vacuum but I don't want to!!!!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Sharon I am so sorry about your friend's cat. That is so sad :(

I am glad you got a good ride in today. Sorry about the vacuuming. If I were there I would do it for you. I do it daily and don't mind it very much at all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Sharon I am so sorry about your friend's cat. That is so sad :(

I am glad you got a good ride in today. Sorry about the vacuuming. If I were there I would do it for you. I do it daily and don't mind it very much at all.

How sweet Missy! It needed doing as my meals of popcorn left quite a mess!:lol-2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday friends! Quick shout out and I hope everyone is well and happy. I'm so happy it's the weekend!
@Jimmianne you look dashing! And I'm so happy for you that you have your beautiful ring.
@missy Hi sweet Missy! How is my friend? I'm really happy Oliver is back to himself. I hope you're having a nice relaxing weekend. hugs to you.
@marcy I hope you're having a good weekend and resting lots!
Shout out to @Austina @Niffler75 @junebug17 @Bayek and everyone. Love and hugs to all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results