carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne I love the picture of you being enthusiastic. That’s awesome. Your dinner and delicious treat do sound magical. Sweet.

@missy glad to hear Greg’s tooth is all better. I hope your weight machine does arrive next week. The optical shop never said how long my glasses would take to come in and it’s been 3 weeks already today. The scary thing about that fire is that it got very close to a truck stop gas station. Glad they got it put out before it got there; Bullseye Wyoming has always known it could be taken out by something else not a massive gas explosion. The entire left side of the U.S. is on fire. Smoke continues to be horrid. Glad you are cycling and filling up on ice cream. Yay that Oliver is doing good.

@Bayek I am sorry PT is hard and painful; I hope it helps you feel better and get back the use of your arm. I can’t wait to see what granite you pick.

@Niffler75 that is too bad your body keeps you aware of weather changes. I hope you caught up on some sleep.

@Austina that’s good it feels like life is almost normal for you. I tell you Sweden didn’t do what everyone else did and they are doing great. As for work I’ve been paged all day and am kind of working now. Joy. How nice to get cupcakes from your neighbors. That sounds delicious. Darn those pigeons - I swear they have a picture of my car they use as target practice.

@canuk-gal lol the sailboats were getting their moneys worth from the wind. It is so windy here every time I see someone here with an umbrella I ask them - you aren’t from around here are you? They’ll answer - no; how did you know? Those things gets destroyed in our wind. That is awful about your neighbors cat. So sad.

@bling_dream19 I hope you are having a relaxing weekend. Sadly I was up late and got up early and I’ve been working off and on today. Stupid live sports.

I have been a shopping fool or a fool shopping today. Marty was hiking and his little Apple Watch was tattling on me every time a new payment went through. I ordered some Christmas ornaments, some fabric, a birthday card and most importantly a new ring. I’ve decided I don’t want to venture to Denver and spend hours masked up for jewelry shopping so I built a ring online. I’ve wanted one of their “salmon” colored sapphires for a while and hated to buy one sight unseen but had the online chat look up the cut on 3 salmon sapphires for me. The 2 ovals (which is what I wanted) were very good and the cushion was excellent. Since I have like 4 or 5 cushion sapphires from them I went with smaller (cheaper) oval. It’s 5 x 7 mm oval, on a rose gold solitaire band with a 1/2 ctw diamond halo crown. If I don’t like any or all of it I can always return it or upgrade it for something else. I should get it Thursday. As I remember the color it can be similar to pad like but certainly not a pad.

Tomorrow I am ordering our replacement Christmas tree. I need to measure our Christmas tree skirt first before I order the tree.

Ring.jpg

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Sunday!

How sweet Missy! It needed doing as my meals of popcorn left quite a mess!:lol-2:

Haha yes as a daily popcorn enjoyer I know how those pesky kernels and pieces of popcorn seem to get in between and on everything haha. Much like cat litter. Hope the vacuuming went well and truly the offer stands if I am ever in your neck of the woods. I find vacuuming almost soothing. I know I am crazy. But luckily I don't mind it since I do it so often. I think a large part of that is the vacuum. Our cordless vacuums are relatively light and easy to push and very powerful and sucks it all up. Just what we need a vacuum to do. What are your Sunday plans? We seem to be having another weather event (oh joy) so not sure what the day holds for us. Besides lots of chores. That I do know. Enjoy the day dear lady. XO.

@bling_dream19 I am doing OK thank you for asking sweet friend. Dave is in rare grumpy form however and it is even challenging for me to get him to chuckle but I do my best as you know. I know he is counting down the days to his off season. Still no word about next year. I don't think anyone really knows what will be next year. Onto happier thoughts. How is your weekend going? How are your parents doing? I hope your weekend is relaxing and fun and you are enjoying each moment.
(((Hugs)))

@marcy wow you have been busy and sweet purchases. I hear you on not wanting to venture out to the stores. It's why I am not trying on tennis necklaces. It's one thing to visit my fave antique shoppe being the only customers in the free standing store and quite another to go to the busy malls. Or a busy store. Smart to do your online ordering. I am sad because one of my favorite clothing stores is closing. They already shut their online store and now they are closing all their real life stores. Such a disappointment but inevitable with this pandemic destroying so many small and larger businesses. I hope we can all recover but the main thing is we take it one day at a time and remain well. Hugs to you and hope your Christmas tree shopping goes well and have a lovely Sunday. XO.

@Slick happy Sunday and hope it is a fun day for you. Hugs. Hope you hear word soon that in presence school is canceled and it will all be online learning for the fall semester. My good friend's son who just started college and was supposed to be in person learning is online learning instead and it was changed. I feel that is the way it will all inevitably go but you never know so I am hoping hard for you that it will be online only. Hugs.

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone is having a lovely lovely weekend. We had a fun Saturday despite the heat and cycled and cycled and ate ice cream and you know the drill hahaha. I also got to evaluate online a gorgeous tennis necklace from Dolly that I was so tempted to get. She gave me first dibs since she knew I was looking but in the end I had to pass because the white gold factor is a concern. My eczema is still flaring behind my knees no matter what I do and I have experienced it on the neck and it was no fun. I also occasionally get it on my ears from some of my earrings so yeah better stay away from WG and hold out for platinum despite the pricey increase. Platinum is worth it for those of us with allergies. But I digress. Except to add please if you see a lovely tennis necklace that is not much more than 5K and in platinum with bright beautiful stones please think of me. Thank you sweet ladies. Speaking of sweet I will leave you with our sweet treat from yesterday.

We got LARGE. :)

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.48.22 AM.png

And no photo editing. As we were cycling back. Sigh. What a view. Look at those delicious clouds. Almost as delicious as ice cream.

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 4.49.40 AM.png

Hugs to all of you lovely ladies and enjoy a wonderful and happy Sunday. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and the tennis necklace I let get away. Swoon. Hopefully my platinum dream diamond necklace is out there waiting for me.

tennisnecklace.jpg

Everything looks amazing on this lovely vendor. Everything. Here is the necklace that she shortened temporarily to 15" so I could see how it might look on me. Just the right length I think for a simple but elegant line of bling.

@MamaBee thanks for all your input regarding this and how is Chris doing today? How was the Zoom baby shower? What weird times we live in lol. But anything that works is A OK in my book. And a zoom baby shower might actually be preferable to going in person haha. Hope it was fun and thanks again. Please let us know how Chris is doing. Hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oooo @marcy, that looks so pretty, and may even have better colour than a pad. It’s great the store has a good exchange policy, makes buying easier when you have that backup. I hear you on the birds, having a black car always seems to be a prime target for their little ‘presents’. It seems Sweden‘s policy hasn’t been the big success they were previously touting.

Hi @bling_dream19 hope you’re having a good weekend.

Yay to better weather and being able to enjoy it @canuk-gal.

What a shame your favourite clothes store is going out of business @missy, this has been so hard on everyone, especially the smaller businesses who just don’t have the reserves to survive a lockdown. Reports here are saying that people are getting out and spending and although the economy has taken a huge hit, it seems that at least now things are slowly picking up. That necklace is lovely, shame it’s not plat. Like you, I have a problem with w/g earrings, but oddly enough, I can wear silver earrings with no problems. I do prefer platinum and I think at the moment, there’s not much difference in price between gold and plat. The kitties are looking lovely, how’re the older boys doing?

Hope Chris is doing well @MamaBee and that everything is good with you.

How’re you @Bayek, hopefully not suffering too much doing your PT.

Shirley came online on Friday evening, I think she thought it was Sunday. I’m a bit concerned that she’s on her own during the day. Her DIL is in Ca with her mother and her son is at work. He did come home while she was talking to me, and that would’ve been mid afternoon there, so hopefully she’s not being left on her own for long.

Tomorrow is a big day for Adam, so please keep your fingers and toes crossed that it all goes well for him.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a shame your favourite clothes store is going out of business @missy, this has been so hard on everyone, especially the smaller businesses who just don’t have the reserves to survive a lockdown. Reports here are saying that people are getting out and spending and although the economy has taken a huge hit, it seems that at least now things are slowly picking up. That necklace is lovely, shame it’s not plat. Like you, I have a problem with w/g earrings, but oddly enough, I can wear silver earrings with no problems. I do prefer platinum and I think at the moment, there’s not much difference in price between gold and plat. The kitties are looking lovely, how’re the older boys doing?

Hi @Austina! How are you? I think sterling silver is hypoallergenic (don't quote me tho I am not completely sure) so like Platinum a good option for those of us with eczema. I just loathe the tarnishing so I eschew sterling silver generally and certainly for a fine piece with diamonds I prefer platinum if I cannot do WG though SS is also a good choice but for the tarnishing. My body chemistry changes everything faster than usual too so on me a SS piece might not last a day lol.

The older boys. Sigh. Thanks for asking. Oliver and Gracie are still chasing Tommy. At first I thought our plan adding Gracie had worked but no. Bobby just runs upstairs to get away but Tommy stays and gets chased and runs up to high ground aka Grandfather clock etc. We spray the little ones with water but nothing stops them for long. I do think they are "just" playing but Tommy doesn't like it so it's not good. Plus the other issue we are dealing with and well it's been challenging. Doing the best we can. I am very tired.

Shirley came online on Friday evening, I think she thought it was Sunday. I’m a bit concerned that she’s on her own during the day. Her DIL is in Ca with her mother and her son is at work. He did come home while she was talking to me, and that would’ve been mid afternoon there, so hopefully she’s not being left on her own for long.

Tomorrow is a big day for Adam, so please keep your fingers and toes crossed that it all goes well for him.

I am sorry about Shirley. I was just thinking of her. Speaking of thoughts I am keeping good thoughts for Adam and keeping all my digits crossed for him that it goes well tomorrow. Sending you and your entire family well wishes dear Austina.

@Bayek how is your shoulder? Kate the Great. Keeping continued good thoughts for you as well. Hugs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Had a great ride today--26k. Went to the beach saw lots of folks on the water, or BBQing, walking, cycling, rafting, sailing....the whole 9 yards! Not too hot out partially cloudy.

Have a busy work week--not looking forward to that. Oh well.

Hurry up and win the lotto @marcy , I need that Tiffany Victoria tennis bracelet!:cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!:wavey:

Had a great ride today--26k. Went to the beach saw lots of folks on the water, or BBQing, walking, cycling, rafting, sailing....the whole 9 yards! Not too hot out partially cloudy.

Have a busy work week--not looking forward to that. Oh well.

Hurry up and win the lotto @marcy , I need that Tiffany Victoria tennis bracelet!:cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

LOL @canuk-gal My ticket ran out this weekend and sadly I didn’t win. I’ll pick up a new ticket. We need that bling money.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that ring is delicious. Where do you build a ring online??
As for the lotto, keep trying. Can I put in my order for a private jet this morning??

Austina, fingers crossed for Adam.

Sharon, good luck on your busy work week!

Hugs back, Bling dream.

Bayek, full report expected from you soon. The pressured is on...lol...is it hard for you to write?

Have a good week, everyone. Perfect weather and happy times to all. XX

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmiane I will add your private jet to my list.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey:I hope all are keeping ok.
@Bayek How is the PT going? Do you have a rough completion date for the house yet?
@Austina I hope Adam is ok. Cooler weather here but the humidity levels have been ridiculously high and I think it is that causing my symptoms. But onwards to Autumn and I couldn't be happier about that.
@missy Glad Greg's tooth is fixed! I am sorry the furbabies shennanigs are causing worry! Oh no to a fave clothes shop closing! I have one place I buy jeans from as they fit perfectly and are soooooo comfy but I think they may be closing down soon too! ::)
@Jimmianne Sincerely hope you are enjoying your new ring as it's beautiful. How us the sweet Kine?
@AV_ Hope you are ok?

Not much going on here. We are getting used to my husband being back at work, painting the kitchen and planning for when my son's teacher visits start again. Then hopefully when he is comfortable he can start doing some sessions at school.
Take care everyone x

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Niffler, sounds like some changes in your life! Perhaps tending toward normalcy.
Does your husband mind too much going back to work?

Here is the short answer. Lol
Kiné is wonderful. Really coming out of his shell and happy to learn new things.
Yesterday I made a little obstacle course for him with jumps made of milk bottles and sticks. I love smart dogs, the kind you show just once what you want and they say...”well ok then!”
Sadly, he is at the vet being neutered this morning. I even thought of keeping him intact since he is so little and easy to control, but I would never forgive myself if he got out, chased a girl dog into the woods and got eaten by wolves. So, he has to have this bad day, but it might prevent future bad days.
He is the center of my universe, and I believe I am the center if his universe. Dogs!! <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday! We reached 4,000 miles on the bike yesterday since we started cycling about 3 months ago. Not too shabby.

Cycled 61 miles yesterday to hit a total of 4,003 miles for the season and counting.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 4.30.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 4.29.46 AM.png

@marcy please include me in that lottery. I could use a few things ;-)
When is your lovely new ring coming? I think that color is beautiful and will look amazing on you.
Hope work goes well today and that you enjoyed the rest of a lovely Sunday. XO.

@canuk-gal woohoo for cycling and enjoying a beautiful weekend. Life is sweet. And yes to the Victoria tennis bracelet. And perhaps a matching tennis necklace? ;-)

@Austina good luck to Adam today! Thinking of him and sending lots of good wishes his way. XO.

@bling_dream19 hope you enjoyed a wonderful weekend and are off to a good start this Monday morning. Hugs.

@MamaBee hope Chris is continuing to do well and that you are not too nervous about upcoming appointments. You are going to be fine. I feel it is going to be A OK. Keeping good thoughts for you. And I hope you slept better last night. XO.

@Bayek hope your shoulder is healing well and pain is almost all gone and PT is going well. Hugs and love and bucketloads of healing dust.

@Niffler75 what color are you painting the kitchen? Glad you are all getting used to your DH's work schedule and that your son's teacher will be working with your son soon. Life continues no matter the pandemic. Getting adjusted to the new normal. Hugs.

@Slick1 thinking of you and sending lots of love your way.

@springerspaniel hope you all had a wonderful and fun weekend and hugs to you. How is Ellie doing? Keeping her in my thoughts and hoping she is back to normal and doing very well. XO.

Hi @Jimmianne, glad Kine is well and you are well and hugs to you both. I am glad he is getting neutered. Healthier for him and I hope the procedure goes well. Hang in there. It is good to be and have a center of the universe to love and adore. Very very good to have that and be that and my heart is happy you are happy and fulfilled. It is a good feeling my sweet lovely friend.

Hi to everyone else. My computer is acting wonky so I need to restart. Have a good morning and maybe I will "see" you later. Hugs.

Leaving you with a delicious cloud photo from our ride yesterday. All I can say is wow. Mother Nature rocks.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 4.37.41 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeh, Kiné’s my petit ami. I was trying to remember last night what life was like before him. Can’t remember but I seem to recall a big empty space in my heart. : )

Yup.
See my tag line.

bitmojianimals.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy manic Monday friends and I hope everyone had a great weekend!
@missy So funny that Dave is in a mood. I'm sure it's tough to be in the icecream business and deal with all of the people. Oh vey. Your pictures are just absolutely beautiful! I hope your skin condition is calming down. Hugs to you sweet friend.
@marcy oh I love your new ring and can't wait to see it on you!
@Niffler75 glad to see yall are adjusting well and how fun to paint the kitchen!
@Austina I hope you had a nice cool and relaxing weekend! @Bayek I'm still thinking about that brooklyn pizza lol. I hope you are healing well. Your house is really coming along and I love the fans.
@junebug17 I hope you're enjoying surf and sand and you and yours are well.
Love and hugs to all for a great week!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Little Kiné is out of surgery and did well. He was neutered and had three baby teeth removed that did not come out when his adult teeth came in.

I’m glad I didn’t know that he was under anesthesia longer than originally planned.
It was much different than going to a vet in the United States. I did mentioned to the vet tech this morning that he had some resilient baby teeth, but that’s all. I didn’t think they would extract them without contacting me. Absolutely no complaints though, I am very happy that everything is taken care of.
But in the United States I would’ve had a more in-depth discussion and someone would’ve called me to ask if I would authorize the tooth extraction.
They are great vets, my daughter had her two kitties taken care of there so I wasn’t worried. They had great reviews… But I was still freaking out. I hated for him to have a bad day. But now I’m on way to pick him up. I can’t wait to see him again.
They said he is wide awake, which bodes well… He wasn’t over-anesthetized.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Jimmianne Glad Kine is ok! Definitely the right decision and he will be fine! =)2

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne Glad Kine is ok! Definitely the right decision and he will be fine! =)2

Definitely quite different from the States. Bill for extraction of three teeth...16€ !

I don’t remember my dogs having to wear a plastic cone. Or having a big bandage over the incision. They said I can’t remove the cone for 10 days. And no food for 24 hours. That makes two days without food for a 4# animal. They said I couldn’t even put honey in his water. But I did...just the slightest amount. He is pretty miserable right now and sleeping sitting up with the cone resting on the bed : (

Thanks for listening. I just want life to be easy for the little guy. Fortunately I bought a nice cozy puppy sling so I think that will be a nice way to carry him around for the next week or so. At least he is home in a familiar place.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne I’m so happy little Kine is okay. That’s horrible he can’t eat for another day...It would probably mean his stomach would get upset from the anesthesia..I’m a terrible mommy because I would wait half that time and give him something tiny..I hate those cones of shame but they do work. Bailey has been biting his knee. I threatened him with putting one on him and he stopped biting it..Haha I hope your little fella starts feeling better soon now that he’s back home with you.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad it’s all done and he’s coming home @Jimmianne, it’s agony waiting, but at least the ordeal is over with now.

Phooey @marcy, hopefully this week’s ticket will be the winning one. I can’t wait to see your salmon sapphire, I’m sure it’s going to be beautiful.

Hi @MamaBee hope all is well with you and yours, and the stresses of the last few weeks are behind you. Our neighbours has been sending their little boy to kindergarten throughout this pandemic, and they have Granny living with them too, and everything is fine If that eases your mind at all.

Woohoo @missy, 4000 miles that’s amazing, especially with everything that’s been going on in your lives these past few months. Your photos are amazing, the colours so vivid, and of course, the beautiful scenery.

I’m so excited, Adam has just FaceTimed, the interview went well, and he has his citizenship ceremony this afternoon! :dance: So in another couple of hours, my son will officially be an American citizen!!!!! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!!!!!! Congratulations @Austina !!!! To Adam and Kim and you and Colin!!!!! We are thrilled for you❤️❤️❤️

46B980FC-732F-4DD2-8A64-1D5931D0E1A6.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will BBL to catch up with everyone, but I wanted to say congratulations to Adam @Austina! That is wonderful and exciting news! Very happy for you all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I’m so happy for Adam, Kim, and of course you and Colin!! Exciting news!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome news about Adam @Austina

ETA and for you and Colin!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS @Austina !!!! Such happy news! I’m so happy for you all. I bet that was one fun face time today with Adam and Kim. How long do you think the process with take for you and Colin? You must be thrilled that you are finally able to start the process.

@Jimmianne , I’m glad Kine’s surgery went well and your baby is back home with you. That little guy has stolen a lot of hearts.

@Bayek , I hope therapy is going well. I’m sorry to hear it’s been so painful. The house is really coming along beautifully. It’s going to be perfect Kate. I agree with Austina on your cabinet choice. How is sweet Auti doing? My new great nephew is a doll and his big sister is loving having a brother.

@junebug17 , The pictures of the beach look like heaven!!!! That beach is gorgeous and best of all so private. I’m glad you had a wonderful time with DD.

@MamaBee , Hopefully things are settling down and getting back to normal for you. You have had a rough two months. We are still being very careful and haven’t been doing anything but going for walks.

@marcy , I laughed out loud when I read your I love my Porsche comment. With how busy your job has been lately it’s got to feel pretty darn good to get in that beautiful Porsche and go. Has work gotten any easier or are there still lots of changes with games being cancelled?

@Niffler75 , I hope all is well with you. How did your husband feel about going back to work?

@bling_dream19 , Do you have any new jewelry projects in the works?

@canuk-gal , Are you still loving the new car?

I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeh, Kiné’s my petit ami. I was trying to remember last night what life was like before him. Can’t remember but I seem to recall a big empty space in my heart. : )

Better than a big old blue jet any day! Healing vibes his furry little way......

And 16 Euros for Vet dental extractions? Wonderful! (yet I think I paid that for a cocktail in Paris 6 years ago.....LOL)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results