shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Happy Friday NIRDIs...

@MamaBee. So sorry to hear about your son. I hope you are taking all precautionary measures and a support system to keep yourself and your loved ones safe. Do let us know if/how we can help.

@bling_dream19 Thank you for sharing pics. Knox is adorable. Pets and bling....pretty much guaranteed to brighten a day.

@marcy. Happy belated birthday.

@Bayek. Congrats on the first concrete proof (pun intended) of your new home. Ah, and pool. Love it.

@missy Sorry to hear of Greg's progonsis. I hope that she'll go for treatment until the treatment is more painful than the disease. My late stepfather did about 16 months of treatment before his lung cancer before he said no more...and we were grateful for that time with him. Sending dust.

@Slick1...Hope you feel better soon.

I had a mental meltdown this weekend and went into hiberation mode. I think the mental anguish of moving and selling has finally hit (along with the daily stressors of COVID and the current civil unrest). Even tho my house is a wreck, I am attached to it. Used some tactics to get positive vibes (looked at my new rental home again, did a few searches for things I'd like to add to my place) for moving, so feeling much more upbeat now. 2 days of work before I feel comfortable bringing folks by (have them scheduled to come by Sunday night).

I should not be feeling quite so optimistic as I found out late yesterday that my project is not funded for next year....so I have to hunt for a new role in my company. Boss is 100% ready to help pave the way ('you/your skills are too valuable to lose") but I have to add the stress of a job search during this crazy time. Good news is that I will have more time to pack as there will be a lull between project wrapup (next Friday) and starting the new role.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs from me too @Slick1. Feel better!! XOXO

@TechieTechie hugs to you too. Sending lots of good wishes your way!

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Slick1 - Thinking about you and sending you warm wishes. I have kept the paw prints from my 2 dogs that are at the Bridge, and I periodically take them out to remind me of them. I'm not sure why, but it does help me feel better sometimes. My older dog Ellie is in surgery to remove an intestinal tumor today, and I have been beside myself, waiting for the surgeon to call.

@missy - reading your posts often makes me smile. You have such a terrific sense of humor and you deal with so many difficult things with equanimity (I hope I spelled that correctly!)

Hi to all the other NIRDIs--you are all so supportive, welcoming and wonderful, and I thank you.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@springerspaniel Thank you! I will treasure his memory forever...Many warm wishes and dust for a successful surgery for your Ellie today.I hope her prognosis is positive. Thinking of you!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi Friends, wow what a week. Hugs to all and sending peace and love. My heart has been hurting. It's been a draining week.
Thank you for all for the love for my bling photo and sweet little Knox! He really is a cutie. I haven't met him yet but hopefully soon.
I love everything you've done for your Chase @Slick1 to keep his memory close to you. I hope you feel better as well.
Hi @missy I love the new canopy with your Francesca flying with you and Greg everyday! I don't know how he does it! And your video is really cute. I'm glad you're learning how to safely pick things up while protecting your back. I'll keep that in mind while I'm picking things up too =)2 Good advice to Greg's mom to give it all she has and she will probably outlive the year prediction! We got icecream on the way back from the beach on Sunday. It was good but it was no Day's. :cry2: One of my clients told me yesterday that Baskin Robbins offers a deal on the 31st of each month, so hopefully I'll remember for July 31! Hopefully we'll get the freezer cleared out and I can make some. Thinking about you each day and big hugs!
@Austina thanks for the Knox love! Yay for Costco and I'm glad you feel comfortable to venture out a little. And zoom zumba sounds fun! I have an air purifier that I run with a uv thing. We are all doing what we can! My dad said cars will start being built with a purification system.
@marcy your bears are so cute! You know I love your teddy bears, really cute with their masks. Glad to hear work is ok but sorry you have to go back. Why can't they just let you work from home? Well, at least you get to wear your bling out somewhere and maybe have gotten some compliments? I never got bling compliments at work from colleagues, only clients.
@TechieTechie so sorry you had a tough week. You did the right thing to chill out and rest. It sounds you are very valuable and you have job security. Hugs and hope you're feeling better. I agree bling and puppies brighten the day!
@Bayek I love the bubbly fountain, your pool is going to be an oasis of calm! I don't know too much about appliances but I do love a gas range. I hope things went well for your hubby's eye procedure. Does he need to get the other eye done too?
@MamaBee I like the new name:mrgreen2: I'm sorry you can't go out much. I know you keep very busy and I hope you're enjoying the sun and your bling!
@AV_ I hope you get some down time from work soon. I had a really busy work week too. The weekends are for recharging and hope you can too.
Happy FriYay and love and hugs to all!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omgoodness. Look how adorable these socks are! My DIL bought for them for my DS! ♥️

[[off to look for something like these for me]]

6F6C9324-BD1E-4244-BFB5-3221D4CAB6D8.jpeg

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, well it's certainly cooled down here. We just had an epic downpour with drumming hail and a few thunder rumbles.
@TechieTechie I am sorry things are really stressful at the minute. Just try to get as much rest as you can. I am sure things will work out with your job.
@bling_dream19 Oh Knox is such a cutie! It is still on my mind getting a dog for my son but at the minute the timing is not right with having 2 cats and one of them struggling with thyroid problems.
@MamaBee I hope things continue to be settled with you. Keeping you in my thoughts!
@missy Love your PT vids. I was laughing with the whole bending to pick things up as I would probably have fallen flat on my face! I am really pleased you are getting on with your PT. Glad you solved the mystery of the green ice-cream! :lol:
@springerspaniel Hiya :wavey: how's things? Hope you are well.

I had a little treat arrive today, a bluish grey 8mm star sapphire which I am really happy with! :mrgreen2:

20200605_142832.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omgoodness. Look how adorable these socks are! My DIL bought for them for my DS! ♥

[[off to look for something like these for me]]

6F6C9324-BD1E-4244-BFB5-3221D4CAB6D8.jpeg

Omg...The dog looks so much like Chase! ❤️

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Now I'll need some icecream after reading your news ,( [vodka icecream - it must exist!] I am grateful for every year without such choices anywhere in sight, but there were & will be & some will be wrong & no one will have known better ,(((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful flowers! I wish I could bring Chase back for you ... it's allergy season in the NE so take care... xoxo

Quick check in ladies..
Hope all is well.
Love the blueprints and home progress pics @Bayek so exciting! Good luck to your DH with his surgery.
@missy love the pics! Especially the beach and ice cream. Hope you have an easier day today!
@marcy did you get the ring back from sizing? Love it! I’m glad your company is taking steps to keep their employees safe.
@Austina glad you can get out some for errands. Patiently waiting to do the same here.
@junebug17 thank you for thinking of me. I’ve been feeling quite down for sure...
@Jimmianne love your new gates. What a view! Is it helping keep the prying eyes away?
@_Av Hope your work is going smoother!
@Niffler75 thank you for thinking of me. I hope your DH goes back to work soon. Furloughs are the worst.
@MamaBee hope all is well with your ds as well as your whole family. Thinking of you.
@canuk-gal enjoy your bike ride!

I am not feeling well. Sore throat, headache, tummy upset, low grade fever. We are having parade for our students to say goodbye to us at school today. I am hoping it gets rained out as I do not think it would be responsible of me to go not know what I have. Especially since DH has been working in the hospital all through the ‘Ro ‘Ro (kids’ funny name for Corona) pandemic.
We picked up Chase’s ashes, and boy, did that hit me like a truck. So sad. And feeling guilty again. I know..I know. I shouldn’t, but I do. They made a mold of his little paw. Warmed my heart!
Hugs to all ♥
My Johnny jump ups. Love them!
4AA74698-21AC-406B-BF6C-478C78C15626.jpeg

Baby.... :(
C6150A9F-E717-44A8-830E-EE8E63D6A1EC.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne lol at not parlez vous-ing with ease. I’d be lost for sure. Buy and jewelry are good words to know. I’d learn wine and bathroom pretty quickly too. Snapfish offers custom masks; I was excited to see that. Marty immediately told me “don’t do it” because he knows I’d put something obnoxious on it and get in trouble wearing it to work.

@missy glad you got in to Whole Foods in a short time. Yes, I’ll be working M-F from 7:30 to 4:30 in the office. I hate to hear things aren’t going well, keeping all of you in my thoughts and sending mega dust your way. Glad to hear Am Ex credited you for the lost glovee shipment and I hope they arrive for you soon. I was telling someone at work the other day when I was wearing disposable gloves to use the microwave I’m always this paranoid about dirty, grimy, germy things but now I can “show” my OCD ways and it doesn’t look odd. Love the kitty stencil for your canopy. That is great. Good deal you got in a ride and didn’t get a lot of rain. You are doing good in your video picking things up. I packed in a huge handful of groceries this morning (maybe 10-12 bags) and thought of taking a picture for you ladies but since my camera was in my purse decided it’s best to just set them down so I don’t drop everything. I hope Greg’s mom decides to go for the treatment. It’s hard to say what any of us would do until we face something like that. Glad to hear your dad got his steaks already. Your “greenish” ice cream looks delicious. Our stupid warm lights in the house always make my pictures look yellow.

@Niffler75 so far there aren’t many of us at work but as people start returning it will be strange. I hope they figure out how to get people back to work at your husband’s job. That’s nice your kitty snuggles with you after getting medicine; we all need hugs when things are tough. Your thunderstorm sounds like a good one. Pretty star sapphire.

@Bayek yes we all need humor. Did they get the framing done? It seems like the house, walls, etc get done quickly then the inside details take forever. It’s fun to watch though. I hope John likes the result of correcting one eye and again wish him well on his surgeries.

@Austina thanks for mentioning that episode of Frasier, that was a good one. Another one that cracked me up was when Frasier had a bad back and all of sudden he liked Martin’s beat up recliner. It is definitely not normal here but better than before. I saw masks were mandatory there starting the 15th. The crochet ties did work well on my masks.

@canuk-gal that dog does sound pretty fun. Glad you are enjoying some cycling.

@Slick1 I hope you are feeling better. I bet picking up Chase’s ashes was hard. Big hugs to you. I love the paw print. My ring is in their service backlog so I hopefully get it in a week or two. Marty and my best friend keep reminding me I do have a ring or 2 I can wear in the meantime but still . . . Those socks are adorable. Love your flowers.

@TechieTechie thank you for the birthday wishes. Sorry you are feeling so stressed; glad you were able to cheer yourself up a bit by planning things for your new place. I flat out quit watching the news. I am sure you’ll find a new project at work.

@springerspaniel I hope Ellie’s surgery went well. Mega dust coming her way.

@MamaBee I hope you are doing well.

@bling_dream19 sadly our CEO has always been against working from home so I doubt he’ll be on board with us making it a habit. Since they let more people go I guess it’s a good thing I am back in the office. Thank you for liking my teddy bears; they keep me calm at work. I have one or 2 people at work that notice my jewelry but most people don’t. I enjoy wearing it though. I tried some of my less expensive dangles with my mask before wearing my new ACA. The ties work better than elastic over the ears.

@AV_ Missy’s ice cream pictures definitely make me want ice cream all the time too.

I have to tell you ladies Marty said he was proud of me yesterday. We were coming home from supper and he was following me. We turn north on the road to our house and it is going up a hill so I put my car in sport plus and punched it and well my Curbymobile didn’t disappoint. When we got home and got out of our cars he said; that’s the first time I’ve ever been proud of how you drove your car.

Since I had today off I ran several errands, took lunch to Marty at the gym then came home and finished the new Micheal Connelly book.

Not much going no this weekend. I skipped lifting last night since we went out to supper so I’ll do it tomorrow or Sunday. Now that I’m back in the office I think I’ll switch back to weekends and Wednesday night.

Take care. Have a great weekend.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am so very late sending good wishes, @Slick1 & @springerspaniel , hoping mine add to the rest & work a little.

@Austina Sunday & Monday are proper holidays & they tend to get work/life [no difference] out of my head.

@AV_ ...What about pinning bling onto masks? And my french teacher has Jonny Was masks. The possibilities for haute couture are endless : ) Loving masks.
I've seen some beauties around here, if only I'd have the nerve to take pictures of strangers - mask or no mask; esp. the well rendered anatomical drawings certainly catch my eye. I cannot quite say why I find the darned things so ominous - after all, I do have happy memories wearing face coverings [headscarves in town, as they are traditional winter wear where I come from & I still do the look, & some quite similar to the current on high mountain climbs, either for cold or for dust storms here]; perhaps it is an illusion that the person under the mask is scared [or some such.]

@AV_ Hi AV I hate when I worked when the mornings sucked (every one of them)

Indeed. The only mornings I ever liked were at the - end of a long day, like this one [03:34]

@marcy I'd rather train to lift a car than drive one!

-

day over

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am sorry to read this about Greg's mom. I too hope she picks treatment, 3-5 years it good and like you say, she's 85 and it is time for her to be with her kids, grands and family, she's sharp.. she seems like a very good candidate to be able to withstand treatment..Give Greg a hug for me, it's his mom and while we understand we are adults and feel adult, inside there is still the little kid thinking my mommy's sick! so glad she has you to be there for her and Greg Missy, lucky them. :( ice cream is again perfect.. Missy, these times have been seriously mentally challenging for me, my right, my path, my ballast? has been harmed by this whole virus and killing people by cops, guys older than I am being knocked over.. I dunno, I seem to be slipping at times (not mentally bad, but more like what I thought was real - isn't, hard to explain, I think a lot of us are trying to gain a footing in this world right now, it's very hard.. love. you. :) I'm glad your family is doing well :) I'm tired tonite but I will login early tomorrow and catch up with all.. Missy, thank you for being you.. lucky me. xoxo

Hi everyone I will read up better tomorrow.. sending Kate hugs to you all.

@Austina yes! re: house, I think we all like just one story homes as we get older, my house isn't big at all, I've had bigger and smaller, but this suits us.. Looking forward to seeing you lady.. glad you got your groceries and everything was included, very glad Kim had a great Trader Joe trip (love Trader Joe's!) sending a hug to you!

off to bed I go.. hugs to you all! xo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies!

@Bayek thank you Kate the Great. I just hugged Greg from you and he hugs you back. His mom is already doing the treatments. A few pills a day and an injection once a week. So far so good. She is strong. Part of her treatment regimen involves Thalidomide. They made her fill out 10 pages of forms and this drug actually comes from the Federal Government. I am sorry you are tired and I hear you. Tired is my middle name these days lol and oy vey. I think of you and your family daily especially the Brooklyn crew (hey Katie, hey Chris) and I am always sending positive vibes and big hugs your way.

@bling_dream19 yay for enjoying ice cream even if it isn't Days. I wish you could be here with us enjoying the ice cream at the shore. But I am glad you are not missing out. Ice cream is important. Thank you for all your good wishes and supportive hugs. And right back at ya. I agree weekends are for recharging especially because you work so hard. I hope you have a wonderful and rejuvenating weekend and big hugs.

@Slick1 how are you feeling today? How did the rest of your day go yesterday? I love those socks and yay for finding them and ordering a pair. Woohoo. :appl: Big hugs going your way and lots of good thoughts. XOXO.

@marcy I am proud of you every day so tell Marty that haha. But nice going on driving the car compliments from Marty. Coincidentally I drove the car yesterday (first time in a while) and I like driving. It was nice. Greg wasn't pleased I went through 2 red lights though. In my defense they had just turned red. And I know these are long lights so...but lol I know not smart. It has been a while since I drove and honestly I drive like I talk. Fast and I do not like red lights. No one was coming through the intersection so doesn't that count? LOL I will be more careful I promise. Did I share the story where I got stopped for going through a red light when I was in my twenties? I was in East New York a rough area and it was late and I was driving home from work in the dark. I admit the light was red but it had just turned red and I wanted to get the heck out of that neighborhood. I was stopped by 2 cops (they travel in pairs there) and well let's just say they were very nice and let me go with a warning. I admitted I went through the red light and in fact said to them I am sorry, I know I went through the red light and I meant to stop. That saved me I think. Admitting I did go through the light and being apologetic for it. I don't know if they would have let me off if I was a POC but at that time I was relieved I didn't get a ticket. OK enough of that tangent.

Your work schedule isn't bad and I know you will be smart and stay safe. Wow to picking up 10-12 bags of groceries. Impressive. I think of you when I am trying to lift heavy weights and want to give up. Have I mentioned I do not like lifting weights? Trying to adjust my attitude. My Physical Therapist says that I am unlike her other clients in that I want to do more and harder exercises. LOL if she only knew how much I hated the weights. Oh wait, she does know because I never keep anything quiet about how I am feeling :lol:

Nice you finished the new Mike Connelly book and enjoyed a good Friday off work. And got some errands done too. And good luck with lifting this weekend. Hope you have a good one Marcy. Hugs.

@missy Now I'll need some icecream after reading your news ,( [vodka icecream - it must exist!] I am grateful for every year without such choices anywhere in sight, but there were & will be & some will be wrong & no one will have known better ,(((

dear @AV_ so wise. Thank you. I wish I could share ice cream with you and all the girls here who want some. I so much want to have you all over and treat you to a wonderful day at the sea. One day maybe it will be a dream that comes true. Right now we take things one day, one hour at a time. Umm, wait a moment, did someone say vodka ice cream? I want some too. :lickout:

@Niffler75 thank you lol. I am so (not) graceful :lol:
I love your blue gray star sapphire. So beautiful and ethereal. Cannot wait to see your plans with it.

@MamaBee hello there dear Joanne. Hope all is remaining calm and quiet by you and that everyone is well. Continued hugs and good thoughts and much love being sent your way. XOXO.

@springerspaniel How did it go for Ellie yesterday? I hope everything went smoothly and that she is doing A OK! Thank you for your kind compliment and I appreciate that. I won't lie, there are some days I think to myself how are we going to get through this mess. But then I think we will get through it by taking things one day, one hour at a time. And we just keep on going. Humor helps quite a bit. I find laughing each and every day gives me the energy to keep on going so that is what I do. I make a conscious choice each and every day though yes, sometimes I allow myself to feel sad. It's OK. I am just praying we can get Tommy through this ordeal. Greg's procedure is coming up and next week he goes for pre admissions screening. One day at a time. Hugs to you and Ellie. Keeping good thoughts for all of you. XOXO.

@TechieTechie I am sorry your job is changing but glad your boss wants to keep you in any capacity and I know you will make it work and hopefully it will become a great opportunity for you. I am glad your late stepfather got some good quality time with his family because of treatment. Treatments have come a long way and I have faith they will help my MIL live a good quality of life for at least the next few years. I hear you on the mini breakdown and sometimes we need that to recharge and keep on going. Moving and selling is stressful under ordinary circumstances. Hang in there and sending you lots of good energy and hugs.

Hi to everyone else! Hope all is going smoothly. Yesterday was busy busy busy but we accomplished what we set out to accomplish and that is always a good thing. Didn't get into TJs as we turned around when we got there because the line was too long. That is OK. I didn't need anything from them. Just wanted a few things there and I didn't need them so another day. Got more disinfecting wipes delivered from Costco (woohoo back in stock but now they are out again) and gloves were delivered too. So all in all we are well stocked for our kitties. That is all from me. Today hoping we can go cycling and get some ice cream. After I do my workout (tired already haha) and take care of the kitties. The excitement here never ends what can I say lol.

Have a great day girls and happy Caturday Saturday. XOXO.
Speaking of cats...

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 7.03.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 7.04.47 AM.png

bobbyonwindowseat.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 33rd wedding anniversary @Bayek ❤️❤️❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

It’s wet, but we really need the rain after such a long dry spell.

These are such uncertain times @TechieTechie, so it’s only natural to feel overwhelmed. You have so much going on, the house, the move, and now finding out about your job, well, anyone would feel close to the edge. I always try to be optimistic, I’m one of the ‘I’ll worry about it when it happens’ sorts, but I have to admit, there‘ve been times lately that I just feel like screaming. We have to believe that we’re all going to get through this, and things will calm down. I don‘t kid myself that anything will every be ‘normal’ but we’ll have a new normality that we’ll adjust to.

Oh @springerspaniel I hope everything went well with Ellie’s surgery yesterday and she came through just fine. The waiting for news is just awful, so I’m sending lots of positive vibes your way that everything is A OK.

Oy @Bayek, I think we’re all suffering a form of extreme stress dealing with this situation. I think the biggest thing is the fear factor, not knowing if we catch it, how we’d get through it, so we can only do what we can to keep ourselves safe. Things here ‘seem’ to be slowly getting better, but we will continue to be ultra cautious and not take any risks. I sincerely hope the house build progresses smoothly and that you’ll be settled in your lovely new home, as I think the stress of this, on top of everything else, is adding to your overall feeling of distress at the world we’re living in. Doesn’t look like BA have any plans to reinstate the Austin route yet, so who knows when we’ll be visiting :cry2:

Edited to add - Happy Anniversary!!!!

Oh @Slick1 those socks are just so cute. I had a pair with Old English Sheepdogs on that I got in Boston years ago, but I’ve never seen a Spinone pair. We found a shop in Carmel that had just about every other breed, but no Dottie. You definitely need a pair (or several), and that was so sweet of your DH to find them for DS. I’m glad you’ve got such lovely keepsakes of sweet Chase, and yes, it’s hard going to bring them home. I need to decide what we’re going to do with Dottie’s ashes, but I’m still not quite ready to let her go.

Sorry you’ve had a difficult week @bling_dream19 I hope you’ve got a weekend of R&R in store. I was reading today that the cruise line that we travel with have now installed hospital grade HVAC systems. I did wonder if the a/c had contributed to people catching CV when they were quarantined on board those 2 Princess ships.

You’ve really got the bug @Niffler75 :lol: What’re plans for the star sapphire. I have a blue one that’s still sitting in my jewellery box? Honestly, I would say that unless you’ve got plenty of time to devote to a dog, it’s probably best not to get one at the moment. Lot’s of dogs live with cats happily, but unlike cats that can come and go as they please, dogs are a much bigger tie.

Nice to having the day off yesterday @marcy, but phooey to the boss not liking people working from home. You seem to be well set up at work for more people returning to a safe environment, so at least there’s that. Woohoo to Marty being impressed by your driving, I have to admit, my car has the sport mode, but I‘ve never used it :lol: I’m a law abiding citizen and always drive within the speed limit:shifty:

Good news that Costco have got the wipes and gloves back in @missy, and yay to driving yesterday, even if you did jump a red light or two! I’m so sorry that life is just one big stressor ATM, and you‘re dealing with it in the only way possible. It’s good news that Greg’s Mum is having treatment, I hope she continues to cope with it and maintains a good quality of life for as long as possible. Good news that Greg has his pre-op checks this coming week, what a relief that the stones have behaved themselves so far. Enjoy your ride and the fresh air.

We had a busy day yesterday, went out for a walk then came back to do some gardening. We have a flower bed in front of our dining room window that had lavenders in. Well, they’d all gotten very straggly, so we decided to dig them out and replant it. We got new lavenders in Costco on Thursday, so out came the old, we added lots of fresh compost and turned the soil over, replanted the new plants and added lots of bark. Then we tacked some of our other big pots at the front, and replanted those. By the time we finished, it was well past lunch time, and later Adam and Kim FaceTimed, so we were talking to them for quite a while, and the day had run away with us.

We’re having a news break all weekend, I’m sick of the negativity of our press. Yesterday during the daily briefing, it was reported that the R rate is now down to between .7 - .9, good news right? The questions from the press started with “Minister, you seem to be optimistic that the R rate is below 1? WHAT???? Argghhhh!

So, rant over, we’re having (another) quiet weekend, hope all the lovely NIRDIs have a peaceful and restful weekend, we’ve got through another week, onwards and upwards.

:wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone :wavey:
@Austina I feel the same way about the daily briefings and the media. But I am also concerned about how things are being handled in the UK. I won't get on my soapbox but with the sunny weather, everyone congregating, the protests etc I am just watching what happens in the next few weeks. ::)
@missy I am so very sorry for the news about Greg's mum. I completely missed that news. Please pass on my best wishes.
@springerspaniel I hope everything went as smoothly as possible yesterday. Hope you are ok.
@TechieTechie How are you feeling today. Things are really busy for you at the moment. I hope you are managing to squeeze in some self care too!

Well my contact who sources and cuts stones has had a delivery of merelani mint garnets from Tanzania. Well of course I had to have one of the stones! :lol: Below is a pic of part of the parcel and my stone is the 1.2ct heart shape one on the right. ;)2

111.JPG

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
@bling_dream19, @Slick1, @Niffler75, @AV_, @marcy, @Austina, @missy -- your positive vibes must have come through. Ellie's surgery went well, they removed a 7 cm nodule that they do not think is malignant, and she came back home the same day. Yay!! Thank you all for your support.

@Slick1, those socks are adorable! And you can get them with Chase's picture on them? So cool. You gave him a great life and I am sure he gave you everything in return! I hope you are feeling physically better today.

@Niffler75, I think that Merelani mint garnet looks beautiful! Any plans for it? Whenever I read through the NIRDI posts, I look forward to seeing everyone's new stones and jewelry.

@marcy, I love the masked bears picture. Like @missy, I also think of you as inspiration when I try to lift weights. Mostly what I can do is awkwardly lift 40 pounds of dog.

@missy--so much to catch up on, but first, I am so happy you are back at the shore. With all you have going on, it's good you have a safe and comfortable place to recharge. Dust for Greg's mother, Greg for his procedure next week, and for Tommy. I do hope you get a long ride in today! I enjoy your pictures of your adventures. (I send steaks to my Dad as well--he really loves them.)

@Jimmianne, I can't believe you are getting one of those robot dogs! I have always secretly wanted to try one out, so let me know how it goes. I figure when I am in a long-term care facility, I will miss having dogs terribly.

@Austina, I enjoy reading about your days! Dottie's picture is so beautiful! Kudos on taking a news break--I agree about the negativity.

OK, I am starting to get motion sick from the screen, so I will have to stop. I know I missed some folks, and I apologize. I hope the NIRDIs are able to find some time to enjoy the moment this weekend!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What good news @springerspaniel, I’m so relieved for you that Ellie did so well and was back home to recover.

I despair of the protesters gathering in such large numbers @Niffler75, we all understand the sentiment, but these are different times and there are other factors at play here. Your garnet is beautiful, the colour is so fresh, another project to keep you busy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! Hope everyone is well.

Someone needs to come and vacuum my floors! Request fell on deaf DH ears.

Had a good ride today--humid. I should have gotten groceries, but I can do that tomorrow. The less I do the less I want to do. I've never been so lazy in all my life.

Happy belated BD @marcy.
@missy nice canopy! Glad you are getting some cycling in.
@Austina yay for rain--only b/c you really need it! lol

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. Hope it’s a fun day Sunday for all

@springerspaniel so relieved Ellie is doing well!!! May her recovery continue to go well! Sending continued hugs and well wishes.

@Niffler75 oh those mint garnets are delicious. ❤ You’ve been getting some gorgeous pieces! XOXO

@Austina I am with you on needing a break from the news. Your day sounded quite productive yesterday. Gardening walking and FaceTiming with Adam and Kim. Nice. Onwards and upwards indeed. Hugs.

@Bayek hope you’re enjoying a marvelous anniversary weekend ❤❤❤ Love you girlie.XOXO

@Slick1 hope you’re having a good weekend. Hugs.

@bling_dream19 hope you’re rejuvenating from your workweek and enjoying a sweet weekend. XO

@canuk-gal thanks sweet lady. We’re enjoying cycling. And I appreciate my canopy. Hope you’re having a lovely weekend. And fwiw I think you’re a most wonderful person and the opposite of malicious. From the heart I mean that. Hugs.

@marcy how is your weekend going? I’m thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

We had a good ride yesterday and hit 750 miles since we started riding this spring. Not bad considering all else we are doing. And anyway I’m not focusing on the numbers this year at all. Greg noticed it yesterday and mentioned it. This year I’m concentrating on living in the moment and appreciating each moment as best I can.

And of course trying to break most ice cream consumed record lol. I’m doing pretty well in that area. :lol:
Speaking of ice cream.
Yesterday’s treat. And I got a little extra at the end. Tom cane out and said this was the last of the salted caramel and he wanted me to have it. ❤
Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 3.38.55 PM.png

49970411-DF09-43DC-91DD-E06D3958F911.jpeg
I’m well on my way to most ice cream consumed lol.

Hi to everyone. Enjoy a great Sunday lovelies. Hugs to all of you.
BFC6C349-6DE9-4FC1-A920-8F50AECBC4FA.jpeg

20015D8B-E637-416F-A69C-07ED45DB7AAD.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Morning Missy the Marvelous.. this whole country makes me sad and then I get sadder thinking that in 1967 I thought things would really change :( Anyway, thank you for your wise and wonderful and kind words, I'm glad Greg's mom is taking treatment already! I send you strong love and caring that she get's her added time, she must have been a hella woman because she raised Greg jeez Missy no going thru red lights! but I have to tell you this story, once when Chris came up to Maine to visit he and I were going to pick up Thai food and I'm yakking away about driving and HIS driving and he should be a safer driver AND I went thru a stop sign! ha! gosh I have never seen him laugh so hard and long Missy, when he wants to needle me he will bring it up! now I recovered and said to him at the time "Christopher! don't do as I do! do as I say" (channeling my mom and we both laughed! :) So I think Greg will do fine in his admission tests he just had surgery recently and he passed then.. he's super GREG.. glad he's getting this done too Missy, and Missy I agree, admitting you did something wrong deescalated the situation, I'm SURE it's just as hard for police to try to deescalate, for them, every car they walk up to could be bad person with a gun that's terrible, we need change Missy that's all there is to it. Not much muscle, but more thought. :) Missy, I agree with what you said to lovely @TechieTechie - I have truly felt I had what I called the existential breakdown, started with Nala and Red being so mean, I felt so invalidated, so less, so hurt, then it's just been getting worse with the days as more anger in our country more death, closer and closer to martial law, which scares the hell out of me, I talk myself down of course, but except for you guys and few others I feel so cautious of others.. like my soul was deflated so I've had a hard time returning to PS, it's like the bad/sad zone for me, like other thinks in my life, places and people, I just can't go back, so I come on and read some of the nonsense and reply and bug out and come back to read NIRDIs and try to keep up because I love NIRDI and each of every one of you guys has helped me.. :) especially you and Austina, and Mamabear, and AV, and all of YOU GUYS!.. so I'm doing my best! Hey your ice cream is so beautifully delicious I am sure!!! in Texas Missy our cases are multiplying so quickly.. scary stuff. I love love love love your pix of the beach Missy I love the ocean.. I love water..and I love you and Greg and kids! xoxoxoxoxo happy Sunday sweetie.

@springerspaniel so happy to read your pup made it thru the surgery and it's hopefully benign..

@Slick1 How are you? you may have updated, we were up at the house yesterday and I swear to God, there are 13 houses (actually on 11 because 2 lots aren't sold yet), and already there's a homeowner 'discussion' (with tempers going higher) about the one family of religious, sweet 30somethings with 4 kids who homeschool (of course) and they have chickens as an educational tool and for the eggs. JesusHChrist (channeling my mom) you would think they were raising lions over there, so now they have to get rid of the chickens sigh! everyone but one house thought it was okay to have the effing chickens.. everyone except the chicken owners is in their 50-70s. what a mess.. I stayed out of it cause i like chickens. :) so I hope you are feeling better!

@canuk-gal I hate humid weather so I have to say Texas is humid, but not as humid as North Carolina, the 7 years I lived there made me realize I was never meant to live in the south. So here i am in Texas (again ha!). NY and Maine were not as humid as Texas but better than NC! take care.

@Jimmianne what robot dog? I must have missed something.. :)

@Austina the world is topsy-turvy my mom would say.. we all need a break.. it's horrible.. sad, crazy I dunno.. but we have each other! :)

@marcy I love your bears! :) getting in the groove at work? how's the weather? do you get humidity? probably not.. it's probably a glorious, humid free day high in the 80s! :) xo

@Scandinavian Hello how's things in your country? did they have an earthquake in Scandinavia? I'm a total oldster, and we need more pix of your view.. I love that some of our NIRDIs have great views of water.. I'm gonna have my pool someday! ;-) hope the family is good Scandi.

@AV_ hey! how's things with you?

@Niffler75 ooooh I Love YOUR MINT GARNET.. I would love one.. I can't buy anything at all, all money is going to the house and after it's built I'll have NO money but I would love a 2 ct mint garnet and maybe someday, I would set it in an 18k bezeled ring with brushed gold.. I love bezels and brushed gold.. so I can't wait to see what you do with your new beautiful stone! hope your family is well :) hugs.

well I'm going to make cinnamon rolls to eat and freeze today and pizza, so Im using up all our yeast :) oh well.

Happy sunday to you all and I will be back ltr with pixes from yesterday I hope. :)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday Funday!
@missy those pics are just beautiful, you're making me miss the JS! Hows the boardwalk? Are places open? Salted caramel looks delicious! I made a fresh salsa yesterday with tomatoes from the beach last weekend, I think you and the nirdis would love! Love and hugs to you friend. 20200606_200840.jpg
I am relaxing. The weather and breezes are just joyous! I'm zooming with my sweethearts shortly.
@Niffler75 I LOVE your new mint heart! I can't wait to see what you do with it! I'm eyeing a pear light pink sapphire currently. Always something!
@Austina hows your weekend?
@Bayek yum to cinnamon rolls and pizza!
I hope everyone is having a great week love and hugs to all!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@AV_ you don’t like driving? I do except for in big cities. My face mask experience is close to yours - for extreme cold and dust storms.

@Bayek do they have the framing done at your house? Happy Anniversary to you and John. Joy to homeowners discussions; we have a HOA for our neighborhood which seems to be mostly ignored except for when it’s convenient. Annual meetings are interesting; a bunch of crying and whining. We seem to be in our daily afternoon thunderstorm cycle right now but they clear out fast. Our humidity right now is 22%. It is rarely humid here; makes nail polish and mascara dry pretty much instantly. Cinnamon rolls and pizza sound delicious.

@missy nice that you drove and drove fast. Darn those pesky red lights though. I do recall your story of getting stopped in a rough area late at night. Glad you were safe and didn’t get a ticket. Glad you want to do more and more with your PT but I am sorry you don’t like lifting weights. They were tough for me today for some reason. Cute kitty pictures; sorry your days are so busy. 750 miles so far is awesome. What a challenge to consume the most ice cream; that salted caramel looks delicious. I always enjoy seeing ocean views.

@Austina I “try” to drive the speed limit like you do but my right foot seems to have a mind of its own sometime. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Your yard and gardens sound beautiful and definitely keep you and Colin busy. Good idea to tune out the press.

@Niffler75 great merelani mint garnets. That heart looks fabulous; I’d go for that EC. How NICE you have a contact to sources and cuts gemstones. I’d be baking them cookies all the time.

@springerspaniel glad to hear Ellie is recovering and the nodule doesn’t look malignant. Lifting 40 pounds of dog food certainly counts.

@canuk-gal did someone vacuum for you? Thank you for the birthday wishes.

@bling_dream19 your salsa looks divine. I’ve go some tortilla chips ready to some salsa.

My motivation-o-meter seems broken today. Not registering much activity. I lifted this morning but took longer breaks between reps. Marty grilled our lunch so that was easy for me and on the dishes. I ran to the store to pick up my “missing” lottery ticket. I bought 5 tickets of different lotteries on Friday and put all the tickets in my purse. 4 of them are just one time draws plus I bought a Mega Millions quick pick for 20 draws. I pulled the tickets out yesterday to keep on the end table by me and couldn’t find the MM 20 draws ticket. I called customer service and the lady at the desk said yes we found your ticket you can come get it. I run to the store and she looks everywhere and can’t find it. The guy who was working that morning and had the ticket went home sick and wasn’t answering his phone. I called back at 7 last night and was told they hadn’t reached him yet but would call me in the morning. This morning they call me and say they have my ticket to pick up. I go get it and the ticket was printed this morning a few minutes after they called me. If they couldn’t find it why wouldn’t they just tell me - hey we lost it and here is a new ticket? I checked the number of winners for Friday’s drawing and there are some winners as high as about $3500. I wonder if the ticket was a winner and it just disappeared? Kind of fishy to me. Sadly I’ll never know.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results