carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies!

For some odd reason the cats love to hang out in the playpen. A huge apartment they can run around in but we often find them here. LOL. In honor of Caturday Saturday I am sharing this photo of our crazy kitties. They all get along when they are sleeping.:cheeky:

tommyoliverandgracieinplaypen.png

HI:

I don't know about the rest of your NIRDIS but my hands are sooo dry from all the extra saniwiping. They've never been this dry. Great I need uglier hands!!! lolol

@missy feel better soon. I love Zinc lozenges--I have the Jamieson brand and take them daily.
@marcy bright sunny and warm here! Sorry to hear snow is on its way for you.

Errand day--I wore a mask. Felt very odd. I'm sure I looked ridulous.

My DH found a cute cat channel on you tube and is always calling me to watch ! The cat is adorable.

Hope everyone is safe and well.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon! As for wearing a mask it is the right thing to do. Protecting others as well as ourselves as best we can. You rock Sharon! Thank you for the zinc lozenges rec. I have been taking those every day though I wonder if they will help at all since they are probably 10 years old at this point. LOL. But I know the stores won't have them so I make do with what I have.

One tip to keep your hands OK is just moisturize each time right after you wash your hands. That is what I do and so far so good and my skin is super dry. Of course if we are out I just spray with alcohol when necessary and then when I get home I wash with soap and water and moisturize the heck out of them. (((Hugs))).

Happy FriYAY friends!
Missy you are on my mind and I'm hoping you are feeling better. Its hard to know what to say except your heart is just beautiful and enjoy each day which I know you are doing.
Thank goodness work day is over and thankful to still have work.
What are everyone's weekend plans? I plan to continue cleaning, organizing, my life as usual! I plan on making slow cooker marinara sauce and maybe a lentil soup if I can pull it off. I'm working hard on a sleep schedule. I wore my honeymoon ring today along with some wild leggings! Hope you love them @missy 20200327_184721.jpg
Sending love and hugs to all.
@AV_ now I want manchego cheese! I have greek feta, Italian pecarino and Irish cheddar and now I'd love some manchego with some olives yum, enjoy friend!

Sigh, that ring is just gorgeous. :kiss2: And LOVE your leggings! Very happy you have work to keep you occupied and also to help keep you sane. Your weekend plans sound very fruitful. I am not as industrious lol. Wish I had the energy. We will probably continue what we have been doing. Working out and hanging out and just taking it day by day. Hugs to you sweet @bling_dream19

Hi everyone, :wavey: Hope everyone is staying reasonably healthy and reasonably sane, although I was not very 'sane' to start with! :loopy:

We made a tissue paper rainbow today to display in our front window to hopefully cheer people up. It will be joined soon by some lovely bird window stickers!

My new vintage chrysoberyl ring is winging it's way to me in the next few days after being stuck in customs for a week! Well the world is going to s!#t but we still have to pay our taxes! ;)2

@missy @Mamabean @Austina @AV_ @junebug17 @Tekate @Jimmianne @Scandinavian @Daisys and Diamonds @bling_dream19 and everyone, it is really helping to read everyone's news each day. If we all lived on the same street we would totally look after each other, right! :mrgreen2:

Take care everyone x

Woohoo, cannot wait to see your new ring. :appl:How nice you made a tissue paper rainbow to cheer up people. Especially given the possible TP/Tissue shortage lol that is a great sacrifice ;-)
And I hear you about trying to stay sane and maybe not being that sane to start...:lol: Heck, the more interesting people generally have a little bit of crazy in them....that's OK.:cool2: Stay safe and well. Hugs.

@AV_ indeed. :lol: Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend so far. XOXO

@Slick1 how's the toe doing? Thanks for looking up the Kosher salt for me. D'oh :doh:why didn't I think of that? Sleep deprivation is making me fuzzy headed. Yup, I am going with that.:shhh: How are you feeling overall? (((HUGS)))

@marcy did you get snow? How much? Living vicariously through you right now. Snow sounds pretty refreshing. It was hot here yesterday. Mid 70s I think. XOXO

@Austina how are you guys doing? Thank you so much for all your warm wishes. I am so glad you and Colin got the supplies you need. We are pretty good on food for now too. Hoping that holds. You are right. Gracie is loving it here and we love her. But OMG she is just like Oliver with the food. I guess our kitty challenges are meant to continue but compared to this pandemic it is nothing. And in any case we will all be OK. I keep telling myself that. (((HUGS))).

@Scandinavian how is fur baby's paw today? (((HUGS))).

@junebug17 how are you and the family doing? Sending good thoughts your way.

@Jimmianne any recommendations for good movies on Netflix or Amazon or Hulu or cable? How is your gardening going? I love the thought of you in your garden enjoying the fresh air and flowers. Hugs.

Hello to everyone else. Sending you hugs and love and safe vibes.

Leaving you with some lovely blooming trees. Nature is awe inspiring.

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 7.18.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 7.17.19 AM.png

Have a good day lovely ladies. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I forgot speaking of new rings! LOL not blingy sorry but still colorful. Hope they bring some brightness to your morning. Greg is surprised at how comfy they are. I am going to wear these all the time now during the pandemic. I love them and you don't even know you have anything on...the perfect ring. :kiss:

Matching penguins. Our favorite bird. We love penguins sooooo much!

Matching light blue rings. You all know how much I love all the blues.

It's amazing how a small purchase can make me smile. I will take any opportunity to smile these days. Speaking of which..our sleepyheads are just waking up. Again. I swear they sleep so much. I am jealous of our cats lol.

oliveryawninginplaypenwithgracieandtommy.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Oh, magnolias! @missy I miss them... no one has them here, and I would so grow one if they could stand the dry summer by themselves at all. / Else, I understand perfectly how one wants to live in a nook, given a large house; there is a desperation to it.

catching up

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Happy to read that you are all well!
Furbaby F is feeling very sorry for herself. With good cause. The infection is not really improving. So we are stepping up the regime with bathing her paw in an anti infection solution twice daily.
Picture, look away if eating...

B327FEAA-473D-4F3C-9F5A-34D19319C884.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Happy to read that you are all well!
Furbaby F is feeling very sorry for herself. With good cause. The infection is not really improving. So we are stepping up the regime with bathing her paw in an anti infection solution twice daily.
Picture, look away if eating...

Oh no. Sending lots of healing dust her way. And (((hugs))). ❤️

B327FEAA-473D-4F3C-9F5A-34D19319C884.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girlfriends...I hope everyone is still hanging in there. I think my hubby misses us....He’s coming either tomorrow or definitely next weekend...He will visit in our backyard. I’m a little concerned about him having to go into the house to use the bathroom because of David not being aware. I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about how I can keep us safe while he’s here but also how to not make him feel like a Petri dish. I’m assuming he will have to use the bathroom when he’s here...I actually prefer he go outside...really...but I won’t suggest it...I have two side doors in the back. He can go in the one door with the shortest path to the bathroom. I can walk David in the other door after Shatzie comes out and make him use the bathroom upstairs...I’m working this all out in my mind so I’m sorry for the ramble...hahaha
@missy How are you feeling today? Your penguin rings are so cute!
Is your brother in law also a vet? That mask Greg wore is perfect...Are you still going out for walks?
The kitties look so adorable in the playpen. They‘re becoming buddies!
@Tekate How’s everything going on your end? Are you going stir crazy yet? How’s Chris doing? That’s so wonderful you can still see Auti even though you can’t hold her. Jackson is too young to understand why he can’t hug or get close to us..so I won’t see him or my son and daughter-in-law in person for a long time. Allie is due in two and a half months...I’m sure this won’t be over by then. I helped her and Scott when they brought Jackson home from the hospital. I won’t be able to do that this time. It’s so sad...
@bling_dream19 Your ring is so beautiful...I love that color! David emailed me last night to say he picked up my ring from the polisher...He will send me pics later..David said he’s been driving the empty streets of Los Angeles going back and forth to his worker’s houses...I will look closely at the ring before I say yes just in case it needs tweaking. I’ve sent two things back after having it because I wanted to tweak something. I can’t or won’t do that now...
I‘m concerned about opening that package since it’s coming from LA..I want to tell him not to send it in it’s pretty velvet box with ribbon because I will most likely throw that out. I guess I can put the jewelry box away for a few weeks too to make sure...I’m going to put the ring directly in an alcohol bath before wearing it...
@Austina How are you doing? Are you still able to get fresh fruits and veggies? I’m sticking to frozen except for some fresh carrots, celery, and onions I still have. I did put an order in to Instacart. The earliest they have is Wednesday. I ordered it yesterday...I hope they have clementines for David...I would love to get some more dried beans but they were all out...I made soup last Monday...It lasted until yesterday with everyone having it for lunch pretty much every day..It was yummy...
My mom is driving me crazy...ugh..
@Calliecake How are your parents doing? Do you live close to them? I hope you are doing well..
@junebug17 Are you hanging in there? How’s your son and daughter? Were you able to figure out how to use Zoom with your sister? I didn’t even know what that was until a few days ago when a fellow PS’er mentioned it...She said it was like the Brady Bunch! I look scary on FaceTime so I wouldn’t do it..haha
@marcy Your cartoon was hysterical! I think I have merlot in my creepy 115 year old basement...I may take a video to show you guys how creepy it is down there...There’s an elevated wall filled with dirt...No one knows what it is or why it’s there...I swear there are bodies in there...:shifty:
@Niffler Your art projects with your son sound so adorable...My days are so filled with keeping everyone occupied..it’s crazy...David enjoys playing the match game...He is actually better at it than me!
@Jimmianne Your attic room is so nice. I love the light...I would be sitting up there looking out the window as much as I could...No Covid-19 viruses can make it up that high..How are your children doing? Are you able to see them but keeping a distance? I would be afraid to use the food shop that was close to the lady that died from the virus...I thought you would be safe where you are because it looks like a small town...No one is safe with this horrible virus...
@Scandinavian..Your poor dog’s paw looks so raw...I’m sorry it’s not healing like it should. After the baths..does it need to get some air to dry a little? Do you think he’s licking it? I hope it heals soon now that you are bathing it..
BBL...xxxxoooo to all of you...

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies!

For some odd reason the cats love to hang out in the playpen. A huge apartment they can run around in but we often find them here. LOL. In honor of Caturday Saturday I am sharing this photo of our crazy kitties. They all get along when they are sleeping.:cheeky:

tommyoliverandgracieinplaypen.png

Thank you Sharon! As for wearing a mask it is the right thing to do. Protecting others as well as ourselves as best we can. You rock Sharon! Thank you for the zinc lozenges rec. I have been taking those every day though I wonder if they will help at all since they are probably 10 years old at this point. LOL. But I know the stores won't have them so I make do with what I have.

One tip to keep your hands OK is just moisturize each time right after you wash your hands. That is what I do and so far so good and my skin is super dry. Of course if we are out I just spray with alcohol when necessary and then when I get home I wash with soap and water and moisturize the heck out of them. (((Hugs))).

Sigh, that ring is just gorgeous. :kiss2: And LOVE your leggings! Very happy you have work to keep you occupied and also to help keep you sane. Your weekend plans sound very fruitful. I am not as industrious lol. Wish I had the energy. We will probably continue what we have been doing. Working out and hanging out and just taking it day by day. Hugs to you sweet @bling_dream19

Woohoo, cannot wait to see your new ring. :appl:How nice you made a tissue paper rainbow to cheer up people. Especially given the possible TP/Tissue shortage lol that is a great sacrifice ;-)
And I hear you about trying to stay sane and maybe not being that sane to start...:lol: Heck, the more interesting people generally have a little bit of crazy in them....that's OK.:cool2: Stay safe and well. Hugs.

@AV_ indeed. :lol: Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend so far. XOXO

@Slick1 how's the toe doing? Thanks for looking up the Kosher salt for me. D'oh :doh:why didn't I think of that? Sleep deprivation is making me fuzzy headed. Yup, I am going with that.:shhh: How are you feeling overall? (((HUGS)))

@marcy did you get snow? How much? Living vicariously through you right now. Snow sounds pretty refreshing. It was hot here yesterday. Mid 70s I think. XOXO

@Austina how are you guys doing? Thank you so much for all your warm wishes. I am so glad you and Colin got the supplies you need. We are pretty good on food for now too. Hoping that holds. You are right. Gracie is loving it here and we love her. But OMG she is just like Oliver with the food. I guess our kitty challenges are meant to continue but compared to this pandemic it is nothing. And in any case we will all be OK. I keep telling myself that. (((HUGS))).

@Scandinavian how is fur baby's paw today? (((HUGS))).

@junebug17 how are you and the family doing? Sending good thoughts your way.

@Jimmianne any recommendations for good movies on Netflix or Amazon or Hulu or cable? How is your gardening going? I love the thought of you in your garden enjoying the fresh air and flowers. Hugs.

Hello to everyone else. Sending you hugs and love and safe vibes.

Leaving you with some lovely blooming trees. Nature is awe inspiring.

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 7.18.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 7.17.19 AM.png

Have a good day lovely ladies. XOXO.

So so *so* beautiful! The kitties look like they arestarting to get along splendidly (?). I love Greg in that mask, must be the best picture ever!!
How are you feeling today? And your parents? We will get through this. After all, you got through kitty gate... So this should be a walk in the park! I just can’t avoid wondering how long this will last... Have you seen any serious projections?
Here, we are actually getting supplies for the hospitals from China now. Free. Even ventilators. The world is a strange place.
Hugs!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girlfriends...I hope everyone is still hanging in there. I think my hubby misses us....He’s coming either tomorrow or definitely next weekend...He will visit in our backyard. I’m a little concerned about him having to go into the house to use the bathroom because of David not being aware. I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about how I can keep us safe while he’s here but also how to not make him feel like a Petri dish. I’m assuming he will have to use the bathroom when he’s here...I actually prefer he go outside...really...but I won’t suggest it...I have two side doors in the back. He can go in the one door with the shortest path to the bathroom. I can walk David in the other door after Shatzie comes out and make him use the bathroom upstairs...I’m working this all out in my mind so I’m sorry for the ramble...hahaha
Is your brother in law also a vet? That mask Greg wore is perfect...Are you still going out for walks?
@Tekate How’s everything going on your end? Are you going stir crazy yet? How’s Chris doing? That’s so wonderful you can still see Auti even though you can’t hold her. Jackson is too young to understand why he can’t hug or get close to us..so I won’t see him or my son and daughter-in-law in person for a long time. Allie is due in two and a half months...I’m sure this won’t be over by then. I helped her and Scott when they brought Jackson home from the hospital. I won’t be able to do that this time. It’s so sad...
@bling_dream19 Your ring is so beautiful...I love that color! David emailed me last night to say he picked up my ring from the polisher...He will send me pics later..David said he’s been driving the empty streets of Los Angeles going back and forth to his worker’s houses...I will look closely at the ring before I say yes just in case it needs tweaking. I’ve sent two things back after having it because I wanted to tweak something. I can’t or won’t do that now...
I‘m concerned about opening that package since it’s coming from LA..I want to tell him not to send it in it’s pretty velvet box with ribbon because I will most likely throw that out. I guess I can put the jewelry box away for a few weeks too to make sure...I’m going to put the ring directly in an alcohol bath before wearing it...
@Austina How are you doing? Are you still able to get fresh fruits and veggies? I’m sticking to frozen except for some fresh carrots, celery, and onions I still have. I did put an order in to Instacart. The earliest they have is Wednesday. I ordered it yesterday...I hope they have clementines for David...I would love to get some more dried beans but they were all out...I made soup last Monday...It lasted until yesterday with everyone having it for lunch pretty much every day..It was yummy...
My mom is driving me crazy...ugh..
@Calliecake How are your parents doing? Do you live close to them? I hope you are doing well..
@junebug17 Are you hanging in there? How’s your son and daughter? Were you able to figure out how to use Zoom with your sister? I didn’t even know what that was until a few days ago when a fellow PS’er mentioned it...She said it was like the Brady Bunch! I look scary on FaceTime so I wouldn’t do it..haha
@marcy Your cartoon was hysterical! I think I have merlot in my creepy 115 year old basement...I may take a video to show you guys how creepy it is down there...There’s an elevated wall filled with dirt...No one knows what it is or why it’s there...I swear there are bodies in there...:shifty:
@Niffler Your art projects with your son sound so adorable...My days are so filled with keeping everyone occupied..it’s crazy...David enjoys playing the match game...He is actually better at it than me!
@Jimmianne Your attic room is so nice. I love the light...I would be sitting up there looking out the window as much as I could...No Covid-19 viruses can make it up that high..How are your children doing? Are you able to see them but keeping a distance? I would be afraid to use the food shop that was close to the lady that died from the virus...I thought you would be safe where you are because it looks like a small town...No one is safe with this horrible virus...
@Scandinavian..Your poor dog’s paw looks so raw...I’m sorry it’s not healing like it should. After the baths..does it need to get some air to dry a little? Do you think he’s licking it? I hope it heals soon now that you are bathing it..
BBL...xxxxoooo to all of you...
Yes, the paw is really raw. Nail removed so only nerve left there. I actually air dry it with my hairdryer... And she is on antibiotics and I clean with disinfectant four times a day. Plus now paw-baths. Oh well. Should help soon I hope!
How are you doing? Looks like you are in quite the lock down too? Hope you are well set re supplies!?
Hugs!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean good morning. We are all fine here in Texas, Mike is primary caretaker for Autumn since the y pulled her out of daycare while this is going on. Chris is good, I am trying to get a breadmaker ordered for him, we shall see, he eats so little and most eggs and oatmeal. Haven't heard from my other Brooklyn 'kids' hope all are fine, will call Kate today. We are basically just hunkered down Joanne, we walk Salley if the weather is not too hot, we have tons of food, I talk to the sons 2x a day at least, especially Chris since he's so insulated as he lives alone. They are finding out interesting things about the virus, one that many people get it and do not show symptoms and that in turn infects others who can and do get symptoms. Lately it's begun to look like a way to rid the earth of people who are sick, infirmed, smokers, drinkers, and over 60. Could be a good thing to a Millenial or the ones behind them! I hope they can develop a vaccine, they've never been able to develop a vaccine for AIDS. Oh well hope you are bearing up and David is good and Mom is not being a PITA. sending you love. xo oh! can't wait to see pix of your ring, it's going to be perfect.

@Scandinavian OOOH oh I hope your furbaby starts to improve that looks painful ? so sorry.. :(

@AV_ magnolias! they smell so wonderful

@bling_dream19 oooh I love that ring.. ♪♪

@junebug17

@missy We are fine Missy thank you for asking! Chris is doing well and so are my son and family here, going to call Kate today to see how she is faring..We walk Salley, made fish last night, talk to the sons every day at least 1x and Auti and Cara, house plans are progressing, we have YET to finished enough to receive a quote from the builder, I'm scared ;-) give GREG the biggest hug you can from me.. he's stellar ✨✨✨✨ furkids look happy as bugs in a rug! that gives Mom some downtime I hope. rings are lovely, how's mom and dad and sister and kids and husband? they are finding that this virus can not affect a person! but they can pass it on.. scary stuff. Have a wonderful Caturday! sending my heart to you ❤

Hi everybody,

Nothing new, getting closer to final house plans (ugh) soon I will post questions to you all on tile etc, colors blah blah :) hate this stuff, the builder comes with a decorate (mrs builder) she's good but I heard she really moves fast and the day I move fast is the day the world ends!.

Love you guys!

xoxoxo

@Niffler75 looking very much forward to seeing your new ring and it's so heartening to read what you are doing during this trauma time :)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian You've got your work cut out ,(

@Mamabean I can't immagine what it takes to keep your house safe ,(

-
I took the camera on a short walk for errands: the first shot is part of a path to town center inbetween more or less worked gardens, only these old hybrids of iris survive the summer unwatered - they are very scented & the combination with bitter orange blossoms is perfect, IMHO; the letter are just starting [second shot, of an orange infront of my kitchen/office window],

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200328-170223.png
    Screenshot_20200328-170223.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20200328-170323.png
    Screenshot_20200328-170323.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, the paw is really raw. Nail removed so only nerve left there. I actually air dry it with my hairdryer... And she is on antibiotics and I clean with disinfectant four times a day. Plus now paw-baths. Oh well. Should help soon I hope!
How are you doing? Looks like you are in quite the lock down too? Hope you are well set re supplies!?
Hugs!

Hanging in there @Scandinavian..just like everyone else! Thank you for asking!
I was going to suggest the hair dryer too..My oldest son had a bad diaper rash when he was a baby. I used the air dryer to get it dry enough so the Desitin would stick.
I have enough supplies but David misses his clementines...and I would like to get a few more things...Lots of the name brands are gone so I have to get the store brands. I found out they’re not bad. I’ll take what I can get! Do you have enough supplies?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

-
I took the camera on a short walk for errands: the first shot is part of a path to town center inbetween more or less worked gardens, only these old hybrids of iris survive the summer unwatered - they are very scented & the combination with bitter orange blossoms is perfect, IMHO; the letter are just starting [second shot, of an orange infront of my kitchen/office window],

@av I love the pics! I’m stuck in the house like everyone else...so seeing your beautiful pics were wonderful to see! David would pick that orange right off the tree!
I’m just praying my mom stays well since she’s 94. I’m not worried about her getting it at this point because we’re isolated...but at her age anything can happen..and quickly.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean David & I both. I rather enjoy picking things from no man's land & these old orchards call my name all the time. [still haven't done anything with olives, and they are everywhere - dripping down, so ripen, so foul tasting, it is difficult to believe anything good can come of them!]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So so *so* beautiful! The kitties look like they arestarting to get along splendidly (?). I love Greg in that mask, must be the best picture ever!!
How are you feeling today? And your parents? We will get through this. After all, you got through kitty gate... So this should be a walk in the park! I just can’t avoid wondering how long this will last... Have you seen any serious projections?
Here, we are actually getting supplies for the hospitals from China now. Free. Even ventilators. The world is a strange place.
Hugs!

That is amazing you are getting supplies from China. The USA and specifically NYC is in dire need. I am just SMH at what is happening and not feeling confident with who is in charge of our country. But keeping optimistic despite my concerns. As for projections my guess (and it is just a guess) is through the summer at least...

Ventilators jumped in cost here from 25K to 45K...and Cuomo hasn't mentioned a word about price gouging which is illegal here. No, instead he said it is due to increased demand. I call it what it is. Price gouging.

NYC has 52, 318 cases and 728 deaths as of now. :(

I am not feeling well but hopefully it isn't Covid-19. Thanks for asking Scandi.
Hugs to you and your fur baby. Hope she starts feeling better very soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everybody,

Nothing new, getting closer to final house plans (ugh) soon I will post questions to you all on tile etc, colors blah blah :) hate this stuff, the builder comes with a decorate (mrs builder) she's good but I heard she really moves fast and the day I move fast is the day the world ends!.

Love you guys!

Hugs Kate the Great. Love you too. Be well! Exciting about the finalizing of the house plans. Cannot wait to hear more about it. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOL I wouldn't go that far haha. Oliver is still fighting with Tommy who runs away but as I wrote when they are asleep they are angels. :lol:

No walks while I am not feeling well. I wouldn't ever want to expose anyone to Cover 19 so staying home as anyone should who isn't feeling well. It's a cold rainy day here. How is it by you? So glad your DH is coming home soon woohoo! (((HUGS)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

-

Beautiful. :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL I wouldn't go that far haha. Oliver is still fighting with Tommy who runs away but as I wrote when they are asleep they are angels. :lol:

No walks while I am not feeling well. I wouldn't ever want to expose anyone to Cover 19 so staying home as anyone should who isn't feeling well. It's a cold rainy day here. How is it by you? So glad your DH is coming home soon woohoo! (((HUGS)))

@missy Shatzie is only visiting for a few hours...It will be so nice to see him.
I hope you feel better soon...What are your symptoms? I know you said your throat felt scratchy..Do you have a fever?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean David & I both. I rather enjoy picking things from no man's land & these old orchards call my name all the time. [still haven't done anything with olives, and they are everywhere - dripping down, so ripen, so foul tasting, it is difficult to believe anything good can come of them!]

@AV_ Pickling them?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Shatzie is only visiting for a few hours...It will be so nice to see him.
I hope you feel better soon...What are your symptoms? I know you said your throat felt scratchy..Do you have a fever?

I have been afraid to check my temperature today lol. I know not smart. I have a fuzzy throat (not painful just fuzzy) and a headache and last night I had my first asthma attack in years. I used Greg's inhaler and it took an hour to work. I had trouble breathing. But today my breathing is fine.

I am very pleased your DH is coming home even if for a short time and of course he misses you! (((HUGS))) and be well. I will keep you posted re my health. Don't worry.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I am not sure it is possible to pickle ripen black olives, and have not done this with green ones (October), uh!

TBD

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy The stress is getting to me too; I cannot not worry for neighbours, not least because I know I have met a few town people since diagnosed ,(

This year is something else.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy The stress is getting to me too; I cannot not worry for neighbours, not least because I know I have met a few town people since diagnosed ,(

This year is something else.

I know this is selfish of me but I am so upset about our NJ ferals if we are not allowed to leave the state. If Greg cannot get to the feeders to refill every 3 weeks the cats will die. The whole situation is unbearable but to think our ferals will die because we cannot get there to feed them breaks my heart in so many ways. I cannot even express how distraught I am about this. :(

People are dying
Deaths that could have been prevented if states were more prepared
Now the animals are going to die
:(

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I am almost taking it for granted that you will be able to go to NJ. What do I know! Maybe the ice cream people could help, or could connect you with someone local who can?

[re. preparedness & such; I keep remembering working for a charity located within the premises of a hospital for infectious diseases - obviously, procedures that work exist, yet who thinks though every gesture like that! I never read the names of departments I passed by on my way to that office, only the first one or two, once.]

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am almost taking it for granted that you will be able to go to NJ. What do I know! Maybe the ice cream people could help, or could connect you with someone local who can?

I contacted our NJ rescue person but she is older and not in great health so not sure if she can help. We have lots of food in the storage bin next to the feeder because we were planning just in case.

Gracie and Oliver (and Tommy and Bobby) are oblivious to the turmoil happening in the world. Thank goodness.

gracieandoliverplaying.png

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy I am so sorry about the situation with the cats in NJ. ::) I have no words other than to say my thoughts are with you. I would feel the same. I wonder if your asthma is flaring due to your anxiety levels which is totally understandable. ((hugs)).

Our bird stickers arrived today and we have had fun decorating our front window. Hopefully it will serve to cheer local people up at this time.

@Austina Our food order arrived today with just one substitution which was good. There was a big queue outside our nearest supermarket but the new social distancing measures are in place so they were restricting numbers going in.

I have been doing some art today. I find this and listening to calming music really helps. I am trying to do this every day if I can. I am currently working on a steampunk cat. :mrgreen2: I cannot take credit for the drawing. It is in a colouring book! :lol-2:
Will check in tomorrow. Take care everyone! x
20200328_181534.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeezus please please take care and if you must, go to the hospital. Drive to Jersey (or are they blocking NYers to their summer homes there too?). Missy I am not kidding, please monitor yourself and take your temperature. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

I have been afraid to check my temperature today lol. I know not smart. I have a fuzzy throat (not painful just fuzzy) and a headache and last night I had my first asthma attack in years. I used Greg's inhaler and it took an hour to work. I had trouble breathing. But today my breathing is fine.

I am very pleased your DH is coming home even if for a short time and of course he misses you! (((HUGS))) and be well. I will keep you posted re my health. Don't worry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results