shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls I think it is 70 degrees here, wow it's amazing and bright and sunny. We just got back from a walk and I am sweating. And not minding it at all lol. Just a quick post as I am going out again but wanted to share Greg's knee. Doesn't the knee look good? Week 8 post surgery. Not bad.

kneescar.png

And @bling_dream19 here's my weighted vest.

missyandgregweightedvest.png

Open so you can see the velcro closure of the belt. Though unfortunately my color choice of clothing today is making the details hard to see.
The weights are tiny little squares each 1/4lb that fit into the pockets in the front and back of the vest.

weightedvest.png

Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful day. @Mamabean safe journey to your DH. Sending you a big hug and lots of calming vibes.
@AV_ gorgeous bling and beautiful scenery.
@bling_dream19 glad your mom is doing well and stops coughing completely soon. And yummm to your raspberry bling. You're making me hungry haha.

Off for an errand. Enjoy a good afternoon girls.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girls I think it is 70 degrees here, wow it's amazing and bright and sunny. We just got back from a walk and I am sweating. And not minding it at all lol. Just a quick post as I am going out again but wanted to share Greg's knee. Doesn't the knee look good? Week 8 post surgery. Not bad.

kneescar.png

And @bling_dream19 here's my weighted vest.

missyandgregweightedvest.png

Open so you can see the velcro closure of the belt. Though unfortunately my color choice of clothing today is making the details hard to see.
The weights are tiny little squares each 1/4lb that fit into the pockets in the front and back of the vest.

weightedvest.png

Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful day. @Mamabean safe journey to your DH. Sending you a big hug and lots of calming vibes.
@AV_ gorgeous bling and beautiful scenery.
@bling_dream19 glad your mom is doing well and stops coughing completely soon. And yummm to your raspberry bling. You're making me hungry haha.

Off for an errand. Enjoy a good afternoon girls.

Thank you @missy! He arrived safely!
Greg’s incision is healing nicely! You guys will be back on your bike before you know it!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Wow, I can’t believe how good Greg’s knee looks, how’s he feeling, does he feel like he’s almost back to normal?

That’s good that Gracie is sitting so close to Ollie, even though he’s not welcoming her with open paws. She’s such a little cutie, I’m not surprised you’re both in love with her. I’m sure I’d never be able to give up a pet either once they’d been with me a while. I’m glad you’re enjoying good weather, it’s also good news for killing off the virus. I hope your parents remain well during the current situation, I know it’s worrying for you.

@Mamabean please try not to get too anxious about the situation, you are doing everything you can to keep you all well.

We were in the same situation with our last house too @marcy, we came along when someone else had dropped out, but they’d already specified all the finishes, so we didn’t get to chose any of the tiles, and some of their choices were :sick:, but I negotiated a good deal on the house, so we just had to lump it. Good news that Mary has picked up another new client, it’s gradually building.

Beautiful scenery @AV_ did you get out and about this past weekend?

I’m glad your Mum is doing better @bling_dream19 and that your Dad is taking good care of her.

Kim’s company has cancelled a conference they were going to hold in Florida @Tekate, so at least it seems that people in Tx are doing everything they can to minimise the risks. I hope Mike & Cara can find the perfect new home, Adam always jokes that we’ve seen just about every house in the area, but that’s the plan so we can move quickly when the time is right.

Hope you’re all keeping well @Slick1.

We went to the driving range this morning, Colin hit a few balls to see how his back was, it was OK, but he didn’t want to over do it.

We’ve just had a sauna before bed and are feeling lovely and relaxed.

Take care lovely NIRDIs but please keep calm, we can only do what we can do to keep ourselves safe.

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I remember the same knee from some fifty or so pages ago - it looked as if it'd fall apart unless frozen as it were! WHOA!

@Austina Nothing much from the weekend - it was unusually windy & I made it an excuse to not go anywhere far [OK, I use rosemary as often as salt, so I did go get some - but it is such a usual walk, it doesn't coult]. This week, it is summer, really - 20-25ºC, no wind, no rain; I went out to a terrace nearby to work this afternoon; sorting bibliography out of a pile of notes - boring enough, the rest of the 'To Do' list of the week might just allow more of the same [there are three office rooms in this house & none with a bar tender.] Funny: locals do not seem to have heard of the corona virus - piles of masks sit unsold in shops & everyone gets out for lunch; amin. I am wondering what the orchids are doing.

@marcy I kept thinking of your shot from the early days of Marty's office .) It is nice to see one guy who loves his house (or so the picture implies); I've only met two who would rather be homeless [literally true, one does it regularly, the other could never own a house although he could buy outright more than one]. TMI!

-

NIRDI, Good Night!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Gracie reminds me of Francesca. I know her coloring is different..but I think it’s the eyes. Do you see a resemblance?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok nirdies here is some raspberry jelly for your viewing pleasure :lol: :love: 740063 740064
@AV_ You are so right that the color is raspberry and the setting actually looks like raspberries! You have an excellent eye and I never would have even made the connection. Your brain works in such a beautiful way! Thank you for gracing me with your insight. Hugs!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina agreed, we are all doing what we can, we went to Costco today because we received our bonus back money? thingy and John wanted to cash it, and we needed (of course) WINE! and nuts and a few things, while walking in Austina we were imho accosted by 3 different staff (lovely people as we know, Costco pays well) telling us THERE IS NO TP TODAY! :) since we weren't there for TP worked for us.. We cannot be laissez faire but we cannot be insane.. take care, chin up, wash our hands, avoid hand contact, onward. Good thing about Austin Austina is new houses going up all the time so in May you will have more to look at! sending hugs and safe journeys to you! (hi to everyone btw).

@missy Do you have a Dorian Grey pix? seriously admit it, you look stupendous lovely and beautiful and Greg and I ?! we wear the badge of honor for boomers! REPLACEMENT SCARS :) tell Greg I said it looks great, swelling is w a y down and I'm glad for him. Sorry he has to miss the crawl, but given he had surgery 8 weeks ago I think it's a good move. Gracie the Gorgeous, the sweetest, and Ollie the irascible! you are lucky mom! We had 70s yesterday but rain all day today Missy, tomorrow 80 with sun! :) sending love your way.

@marcy how's things? how's your knee!?

@Mamabean how's everyone, maybe you can just stick in one house while the virus moves thru the USA? I hope your mom is doing better, and I hope everyone is doing fine at your house.. how's the DIL? any names or you can't say? I love boys.. they are easier to diaper I tell you that, girls? hmm everywhere ;-) sending love!

@AV_ Hi how's the vibe in Spain, are people nuts like in Italy about the coronavirus? hope you are having a great week, as your asleep now I think! xxoo

@Scandinavian sending hello's and hugs! xoxox

@Slick1 I think the virus will move up Westchester into Putnam and beyond, it's inevitable, you take of you and I like you, worry about my child in the city, he lives near his cousin and family so that helps me, and girl I will fly into anything if he needs me, and I would hope he comes here if he wants. sending healing hugs happiness and health xoxoxo

@bling_dream19 Hi BD I hope everything is good with you in Jersey.. I love ring (again).. how's your weather, was it as nice as Missy had yesterday? take care and hope your mom is doing well! xoxoxo

@canuk-gal Hola Sharon, how's by you, sending hugs an health to you girl. xoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi June I must be missing your posts, how are you? how's things? how's the kids? how's the hubster? are you in the Great NE or in the south? I hope your brother is well June.. I hope you are too, sending you love and health Junie. xoxox

Nothing new to report, nada. nein, none. Which is goods, the Great OZ (my mother) always said "Catherine! no news is good news" she never wanted to speak to me but in parables ;-) onward to Tuesday everyone! sending love to all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy sorry you will miss the pub crawl but not a bad idea too stay home. Sorry to hear how many things involve bending your spine; but hugs to you with this new huge challenge. I you find the perfect PT. That’s good you are putting some weight back on. IMO and let’s hope I’m right; I think this CV is being blown in to a major crisis by the media. I saw some segment with Dr Drew (who I’ve never heard of before) on one of the morning talk shows that pretty much told the media to shut up about it. He said take the normal precautions you do any time to avoid the flu. He also pointed out 5000 people died last week from the flu and no one is in a panic about that. Time will tell. My sister sent me a picture from a local store last night that had bare shelfs where TP was and hand sanitizer was. I hope Gracie and Oliver learn get to be friends. Greg’s knee looks great. Woo hoo!

@bling_dream19 I am glad your mom says she is doing better. Those coughs take so long to go away. Your raspberry sapphire is looking gorgeous.

@AV_ I love all the colors of sapphires and am diligently working on acquiring one of each. Great cloud picture. Both Marty and I like our house; it’s too big for 2 of us but that works great when we have company or the family in for the day.

@Mamabean I am sorry you hate the dentist so much; when they are working on me I clutch my hands so hard they hurt when I get out of that chair. I hope your DH and Scott have safe trips. As I mentioned to Missy I believe (as far as the U.S. is concerned) I don’t think the CV is a major crisis at this time. Your weather sounds lovely. We were in the low 50’s as a high. My Thanksgiving snow / iceberg is down to about 8”.

@Austina that’s nice you were able to get a good deal on your last house but darn you couldn’t make a lot of choices on the finishes. I agree I think they are trying to minimize the risk for CV; and that can only help reduce spreading those germs. You are so right, keep calm and do what we can to minimize our exposure and I’ll add don’t hoard things other people need. My nephew bought 10 big packs of TP and posted on FB they were for sale. My comment was “really?”. Nice you went to the driving range. A sauna sounds awesome.

@Tekate I so agree we can’t be crazy about the CV; I made one change today; I used a paper towel at work to open and close the microwave and washed my hands after my lunch was heated up before returning to my desk to eat. I think the hoarding will create more of a panic. I am good thanks. The knee is still worse than normal; sometimes bad pain and really stiff in the morning but better than last week. How are you doing? Is John feeling better yet? I love your mom’s words of wisdom. I’ve noticed lately I’m doing that all the time. I must be getting older.

I had a busy day at work. My one team is down to 3 people, one is on vacation, one stayed home sick and the other one was at the doctor most of the morning. Then I found out one of the 2 team members on my other team wants to transfer back to Arizona. It kind of irks me too; she moved up here in the fall and I’ve been nothing but nice to her but today (and once before) she has gone to my senior manager (2 levels above me) to tell them she was putting in for a transfer. She never told me at all today. When she gets around to telling me I am going to ask her why.

We had decent weather today. It’s our false spring. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, I hope poor John is feeling better. So sorry about all the confusion and rigamarole with the house and I hope things get going soon. Dh and I are going to SC this weekend. My brother is doing pretty much the same...some nights are ok but his sleep is still not great. Ugh to Chris not having internet...that would drive my dd crazy too. Actually, it would drive me crazy too haha. Exciting that Mike and Cara are looking for a house.

@Niffler75, so great that your son's coordination is improving - I'll bet that made him feel very proud...and made you feel happy <3

@Daisys and Diamonds, I'm sorry you've been feeling down. I get it and I hope you're in better spirits soon.

@bling_dream19, your pink sapphire ring is just amazing - such a gorgeous setting and the sapphire is a beautiful color. I'm really happy for you. I'm sorry your mother hasn't been well and I hope she's feeling better.

@missy, I hope the weighted vest helps you. Good luck deciding on what med you think will be the best fit for you. Gracie Frances is a sweet name and she's adorable. Love the pics and she looks like she's starting to relax. I hope the kitties get used to one another soon. I'm enjoying the Outsider...it's based on a Stephen King novel so kind of dark and strange. I enjoyed the Harlan Coben shows on Netflix too...they're a bit lighter and very entertaining. It's too bad you and Greg will miss out on the pub crawl but better safe than sorry at this point. And I understand your concern for your parents and I'm hoping they're staying home for the most part.

@marcy, I'm sorry your knee is still giving you trouble. You're doing an amazing job with your lifting. Wow, you've come a long way. It's good that NN seems to be doing well. Great news about Marty's client, congrats to her...and Marty! That pic of Marty working in his "office" is a riot!
Sorry you had such a busy day and that your employee didn't talk to you about the transfer.

@Mamabean, I love that Bailey loves going to his hotel - and what a relief for you that he's happy while you're away. Jackson's party sounds like it was a lot of fun...those kiddos must have all been so stinkin' cute. Glad you had fun with your family. Aw, I know it's tough for your mom to stay home but it's the right call for now. And yes, it's a good idea to come up with a hobby if you're going to be in more...I plan on fooling around with painting and practicing calligraphy.

@Jimmianne, so glad you got your visa, and your pics of France are really beautiful. Sorry about the added stress of the six month period. Really sorry it's so cold and you're feeling a bit blue and homesick...please take care and I hope things brighten up for you soon. Are a few space heaters an option? Ice cream can work wonders too lol.

@Austina, so glad you and Colin are feeling better. Makes life much more pleasant, that's for sure. How awesome that your orangery has a heated floor, love that. LOL to that card, too funny! Good idea to skip the gym for now, no sense risking picking up something.

@Slick1, your day sounds wonderful, so glad you had a great time.

@canuk-gal, oh no to falling on the ice, scary and thank goodness you weren't hurt. Your soup must have hit the spot on such a cold day.

@AV_, lovely picture! It's hard to know what to do these days...one has to be careful, but also live their life. I hope your work is going well and you're enjoying your beautiful surroundings.

Things are good here...quiet weekend, dh and I went out to an early dinner and watched golf. Ds and his girlfriend stopped by on Sunday and we had a chance to chat for a while...she seems really sweet.

Wishing everyone a good week!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone is having a nice day...It’s gorgeous out! It’s supposed to get to 70 degrees!
I went to the periodontist today for a deep cleaning. He does one half at a time. He’ll do the other half on Wednesday. I hate going to the dentist...I was shaking like a leaf. I’ve always been like that..I have to talk myself into going every single time..I wore Summer today with my Tiffany bands. The receptionist‘s eyes bugged out and told me it was beautiful...:bigsmile:
My husband is driving...as I type...to Ohio instead of flying...He’s not a great driver..so I’m worried...Scott took a flight to Arizona this morning...I’m worried about that too...
My nerves are shot...I need to see some bling...Off to find a bling thread...sigh...xxxooo

I have two things to say about the dentist, or anxiety in general :lol: Vailum or Vodka.
I got a reputation for bringing a little flask of vodka to dental visits. One little sip blocks anxiety and I would rather drive home after a half shot than try the drive with Valium in my system .

...and thank you for the NIRDI suggestions. In the living room I have one of those faux woodstoves that looks like a real fire and blows warm air, so it helps circulate the hot air from the wall panel. Several rooms have no heat source at all, so I bought oil filled radiators for those rooms.
The walls of the house are three feet thick, except for the kitchen, where the back wall Is the cliff face. In summer it’s amazing, it can be 100 outside and 60 inside. In the winter, not so amazing.
The things we do for love. : )

Speaking of the Things we do for love… Missy although the cats are not playing they look comfortable together… The beginning of a wonderful friendship??

Sharon, you OK now?? Hope your week is off to a good start.

Thank you June. It is nice to read that your DS has a sweet girlfriend and that he brings her to visit you. It all sounds very good and life sounds calm right now.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! It's terrific (I hope) Tuesday.
Last night Gracie and Oliver slept by my side for some of the night at least. Gracie curled up by my left side/head/arm and Oliver by my right side/arm/head on pillow. It was pure bliss for me having both of them touching me as I slept. However it was very warm. LOL.

It was the first night we let Gracie and Oliver in the bedroom with us as usually it is just Oliver and the night before we threw Oliver out as he was misbehaving and attacking Gracie so we had just Gracie sleep with us the night before.

@missy sorry you will miss the pub crawl but not a bad idea too stay home. Sorry to hear how many things involve bending your spine; but hugs to you with this new huge challenge. I you find the perfect PT. That’s good you are putting some weight back on. IMO and let’s hope I’m right; I think this CV is being blown in to a major crisis by the media. I saw some segment with Dr Drew (who I’ve never heard of before) on one of the morning talk shows that pretty much told the media to shut up about it. He said take the normal precautions you do any time to avoid the flu. He also pointed out 5000 people died last week from the flu and no one is in a panic about that. Time will tell. My sister sent me a picture from a local store last night that had bare shelfs where TP was and hand sanitizer was. I hope Gracie and Oliver learn get to be friends. Greg’s knee looks great. Woo hoo!

Thank you Marcy. I am anxious about tomorrow. I spoke with the PT on the phone last week and they don't have a Pilates Reformer which is really something I want to learn more exercises on for bones and muscles and take that home with me for use on my Reformer. So strike one on that. And he sounded arrogant which is a personality trait I do not work well with but going anyway tomorrow to see. I have nothing to lose. And Thursday I am seeing a different PT at another place and see if we are a better match. I don't know if they have a reformer though so not sure my search is over. Worse comes to worse I can get a personal trainer but I need someone who has knowledge of OP and will keep me safe re exercises. So many exercises are dangerous for OP.

Oy to the photos your sister sent you of bare shelves. That is upsetting. Dr Drew sounds like he has good common sense and while I have never heard of him either he sounds smart re Coronavirus. I heard 20,000 people died from the flu already but not sure if that was this year or last year or both...

I had a busy day at work. My one team is down to 3 people, one is on vacation, one stayed home sick and the other one was at the doctor most of the morning. Then I found out one of the 2 team members on my other team wants to transfer back to Arizona. It kind of irks me too; she moved up here in the fall and I’ve been nothing but nice to her but today (and once before) she has gone to my senior manager (2 levels above me) to tell them she was putting in for a transfer. She never told me at all today. When she gets around to telling me I am going to ask her why.

We had decent weather today. It’s our false spring. Ha Ha.

Haha same here. False Spring/almost Summer yesterday. Back to winter today. I am sorry you had such a busy day and that your team is down to 3 people. And that one has transferred without letting you know first. Not nice. Not respectful. Sorry you have to deal with that. Hugs to you and hope today is a good day. And by the way love all your memes and photos. Hahaha love them.

@missy I remember the same knee from some fifty or so pages ago - it looked as if it'd fall apart unless frozen as it were! WHOA!

True dat. He heals fast. Now we have to get that stent out but Greg doesn't want to go the hospital anytime soon with the CV rampant and he has to get the stent out at the hospital. Oy and Vey and he cannot keep the stent in much longer.

How are you doing? How is the mood by you? Are people remaining calm? Hope all is peaceful and well. XOXO.

Thank you @missy! He arrived safely!
Greg’s incision is healing nicely! You guys will be back on your bike before you know it!

So pleased all is well and your DH is safe and sound. We have a lot of work to do before cycling again. Greg never got to do all the repair work on the bike he has to and he has at least 40 hours of work he has to do on the bike. So much on our to do list that honestly cycling is not up there for me right now. We also have to get the beach house RW free as we have a room that needs the carpet torn out and furniture thrown out. So much to do.

Any Ashlee updates? I would love to hear happy news if you have any to share!

Wow, I can’t believe how good Greg’s knee looks, how’s he feeling, does he feel like he’s almost back to normal?

That’s good that Gracie is sitting so close to Ollie, even though he’s not welcoming her with open paws. She’s such a little cutie, I’m not surprised you’re both in love with her. I’m sure I’d never be able to give up a pet either once they’d been with me a while. I’m glad you’re enjoying good weather, it’s also good news for killing off the virus. I hope your parents remain well during the current situation, I know it’s worrying for you.

Thanks @Austina. I am concerned about my elderly dad and my mom. They run around like they are invincible. And they are so vulnerable. Yes I am in love with Gracie. How are you? How is Colin? I am glad he isn't overdoing and glad you are enjoying golfing even if of shorter duration. Glad you enjoyed a sauna yesterday and got to relax. Sounds heavenly. Glad Kim's work canceled the conference. Smart. Take care and be well. XO.

Ok nirdies here is some raspberry jelly for your viewing pleasure :lol: :love: 20200309_164208.jpg 20200309_164200.jpg
@AV_ You are so right that the color is raspberry and the setting actually looks like raspberries! You have an excellent eye and I never would have even made the connection. Your brain works in such a beautiful way! Thank you for gracing me with your insight. Hugs!

Stunning. Raspberrylicious! :love:
So happy your mom is getting better and doing well and hoping her cough is all gone today. Sending you big hugs.

@missy Gracie reminds me of Francesca. I know her coloring is different..but I think it’s the eyes. Do you see a resemblance?

I asked Greg because I don't see the resemblance and he said the same. We do not see that at all. Francesca's eyes were different. Of course we have the advantage of looking into the eyes in person and you only have photos to work with so I can see where you might think that they are similar. In real life very different.

@missy Do you have a Dorian Grey pix? seriously admit it, you look stupendous lovely and beautiful and Greg and I ?! we wear the badge of honor for boomers! REPLACEMENT SCARS :) tell Greg I said it looks great, swelling is w a y down and I'm glad for him. Sorry he has to miss the crawl, but given he had surgery 8 weeks ago I think it's a good move. Gracie the Gorgeous, the sweetest, and Ollie the irascible! you are lucky mom! We had 70s yesterday but rain all day today Missy, tomorrow 80 with sun! :) sending love your way.

Hahaha no Dorian Grey photo. But thank you dear @Tekate Great Kate. I am showing my age IRL. Gray hair, smile lines around my mouth and eyes. And that's OK. I will take it. Plus let's not forget my very old ancient bones. My dad said he was told he had the bones of a 110 year old twenty years ago. LOL he does exaggerate but not sure if/how much he is exaggerating about that.

Sorry it is raining by you today. I think our weather is cloudy and cold today sadly. Oh well. We had a good day yesterday. No word from Buck about the pub crawl. I think he is agonizing about it but I trust he will do the right thing and cancel it. He is a pulmonologist after all.

Nothing new to report, nada. nein, none. Which is goods, the Great OZ (my mother) always said "Catherine! no news is good news" she never wanted to speak to me but in parables ;-) onward to Tuesday everyone! sending love to all.

Amen to that Kate. I agree. No news is good news. Sending you big hugs and much love and thank you for your warm love and enthusiasm and always sticking by my/our side. True friend you are and I love you Kate the Great and wonderful and wise. XOXO.

@missy, I hope the weighted vest helps you. Good luck deciding on what med you think will be the best fit for you. Gracie Frances is a sweet name and she's adorable. Love the pics and she looks like she's starting to relax. I hope the kitties get used to one another soon. I'm enjoying the Outsider...it's based on a Stephen King novel so kind of dark and strange. I enjoyed the Harlan Coben shows on Netflix too...they're a bit lighter and very entertaining. It's too bad you and Greg will miss out on the pub crawl but better safe than sorry at this point. And I understand your concern for your parents and I'm hoping they're staying home for the most part.

Thank you Junie. And thanks for the rec. We are planning on checking out the Outsider as Greg has it on his list. Now that you recommend it we are putting it to the top of the list. And I will also check out Harlan Coben. I am worried for my parents and Greg's mom too. She is strong like a horse but still she is 85. And living at an assisted living place due to her impaired vision. So in a group setting like that I worry. Greg isn't worried. Yet.

Things are good here...quiet weekend, dh and I went out to an early dinner and watched golf. Ds and his girlfriend stopped by on Sunday and we had a chance to chat for a while...she seems really sweet.

Glad your DS has found such a lovely sweet woman to be with and that they are so thoughtful and come visit you. That is very sweet and wonderful. Have a good week Junie and stay well.

Speaking of the Things we do for love… Missy although the cats are not playing they look comfortable together… The beginning of a wonderful friendship??

From your mouth dear @Jimmianne to g-ds ears. Hoping that becomes a reality.

Hope you are staying warm and cozy and feeling strong and healthy. Sending you much love and hugs.

@canuk-gal sending you continued healthy vibes and hugs and hoping you and your DH and your son and your sister and mom and all your loved ones remain healthy. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 have schools been canceled by you yet? Hope you are staying safe and feeling good and I am sending bucketloads of continued healing dust your way. (((HUGS))).

@Scandinavian how is it by you? Is everyone remaining calm? Hope your mom is doing well. Hugs to you.

@sarahb thinking of you and sending love.

@Poodles4me hope you are doing well and your family is doing well. Hugs to all of you.

How is everyone doing? Emotionally as well as physically?
The world feels surreal right now. One day at a time. Trying not to look too far ahead. I am concerned for our parents and your parents and anyone who is compromised health wise. I am keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

We had a good walk during a beautiful weather day yesterday and also ran some errands. All went smoothly. And last night both Gracie and Oliver shared our bed. So far so good. Yes they are fighting a bit but hoping they develop a friendship. Fingers crossed.

Today not sure what we are doing. I wish I could clean the house but don't feel capable right now. Still feeling fragile. But something has got to give and I really don't want Greg cleaning as he is wanting to do. It is unfair because he does so much. And I cannot have the cleaning lady come as the place needs to be organized and cleaned first if you kwim. LOL. Plus with Oliver and Gracie around we aren't ready for the cleaning crew yet.

Have a good day girls and stay well. (((HUGS))).

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 8.43.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 8.43.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 8.43.16 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate, @junebug17 I can't tell if locals have any opinion of CV: I had to get a prescription for cold meds, but I see that masks are not selling at all. Officialdom keeps track of just a few cases & boasts implicit provess & no more [this is as loud as during electrions, of which we had too many lately.] Academia is deathly enraged because the usual summer travel is heavily disrupted - many large conferences have been cancelled, etc. - end of the expected world; I had no travel planned ,) , just bracing for the mother of all colds ,(

@Jimmianne re. valium or vodka, I wish I knew that half a beer erases all dread out of my life for half a day or so! I've only found out last summer, after a life of avoidig the miracle cure [more results in a hell of a heache, which explains why I took fourty years to figure this simple truth out.]
A summer room pegged to a rock wall is a very pleasant idea. The largest rock I could drag into the house (100 lbs-ish) is used as a almond anvil. Then, re. thick walls in winter: I was told to heat the walls which heat the house, as I was asking about an odd looking old fireplace with an airduct the size of a not small closet running from the ground floor to the second story attick... [obviously, I do want a house like this! - they are built of river stone interspersed with hewn blocks, ages of brick & what not - obra incerta, bucking].

on with today

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy (we were writing in the same time) Uh, I would not want to be anywhere near a hospital, just like Greg, but things can only get worse for months, at least, especially for the hosptal personnel that takes stents out. / I am happy to hear that there are a few trainers for you to meet! & that Gracie is fitting in; she looks - terrifying - in your last shot!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two things to say about the dentist, or anxiety in general :lol: Vailum or Vodka.
I got a reputation for bringing a little flask of vodka to dental visits. One little sip blocks anxiety and I would rather drive home after a half shot than try the drive with Valium in my system .

...and thank you for the NIRDI suggestions. In the living room I have one of those faux woodstoves that looks like a real fire and blows warm air, so it helps circulate the hot air from the wall panel. Several rooms have no heat source at all, so I bought oil filled radiators for those rooms.
The walls of the house are three feet thick, except for the kitchen, where the back wall Is the cliff face. In summer it’s amazing, it can be 100 outside and 60 inside. In the winter, not so amazing.
The things we do for love. : )

Sharon, you OK now?? Hope your week is off to a good start.

Thank you June. It is nice to read that your DS has a sweet girlfriend and that he brings her to visit you. It all sounds very good and life sounds calm right now.

You’re a hoot @Jimmianne! Just what I need..to get pulled over for having an open container of booze in the car. :lol: I’ll be glad to get the other side done tomorrow..:shifty:
Wow! You live in a beautiful bunker with three feet thick walls! I would love some pics of the inside...hint hint..;)2 How old is the house? It just sounds wonderful...:kiss2:

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy That’s so encouraging that Oliver and Gracie slept with you last night! I would think it will take time for Oliver to learn manners considering he was kept separated for a while with the RWG.
Gracie‘s eyes are captivating...Maybe that’s why she reminds me of Francesca. She also has captivating eyes...She‘s so sweet...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy That’s so encouraging that Oliver and Gracie slept with you last night! I would think it will take time for Oliver to learn manners considering he was kept separated for a while with the RW.
Gracie‘s eyes are captivating...Maybe that’s why she reminds me of Francesca. She also has captivating eyes...She‘s so sweet...

Thanks Joanne. I keep wanting to call Gracie Frances- Francie because we had called her Francie for 3 days before naming her Gracie. She seems a Francie to me for whatever reason...not because of Francesca because to me those names are entirely different. But we are keeping it Gracie. Though I lapse occasionally and call her Fancy Francie. :lol: I also call her Racy Gracie (she runs around the house with the speed of lightning lol).

I miss Francesca and Fred so much. I know many of you are exhausted hearing me cry about them continuously but my heart hurts. When I stop and think about them being gone my heart stops and the pain starts radiating throughout my body. If it is possible to die from a broken heart I am surprised I am still here heart beating. This was one of the reasons I chose not to have children. I wouldn't have survived losing a human child. Period.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ Hi AV and thanks.. a huge music festival was cancelled here in Austin Texas USA and that really angered people here, money lost. I sincerely hope your cold is better, nothing like a spring cold to make ones day! take care, rest, drink Irish Tea! and look at the most beautiful nature on earth. xoxo

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I will always want to hear of Francie, and of your memories of Francesca, Fred ,( as long as they hurt & beyond - at least my memories turn bright at some point, who can say how!

@Tekate I agree: the Irish have wonderful drinks! - advice taken.

,)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I think God, nature, genetics whatever it was that we happened from - made a mistake, our animals should live 70 years and us? 40 ;-) We dropped Salley off at a new groomer today (eek she was the only mid size dog, all the rest were cutie patootie little ones) and of course I'm worried, will they be good to her? will they treat her as well as a little poochie? LOVE IS LOVE. I can understand understanding oneself, you did, Missy if something happened to Chris or Mike I think I would die.. I'd wither, no more water in my life, no dirt, no happy joy because they are mine, my babies, but I say both have experienced life and Mike is a father himself, Chris is doing the life he wanted for himself at this point, so at least I know this.

My ex husband (the ahole) told me he wanted kids, then 5 years down the road when I started pushing it (I mean you have to have sex tho so there ya go ;-) ) anyway when I broached it he said he changed his mind, he didn't want any kids, ever. I thought for a while a blip, but as time went on it become very solid in his words, in exasperation I asked him again WHY? you told me you wanted kids??? not fair.. he said "Because when you die it hurts them so much".. when ahole was 14 his father died, unexpectedly to him but his mom knew, Dad had PKD (polycystic kidney disease) I don't think when my ex was young he realized how sick his father was, his father was 4F in WWII because of high blood pressure (kidney disease) I think forever Tom was broken by his Dad's death. Tom liked kids, he was great to his nephew Tommy (who's 46 now!) he loved his sister's kids and my sister's kids too, when we finally broke up (yayayayaya!) I was remarried in less than 2 years and was preggers with Mike, Tom drifted a w a y in my life, sorta heard an occasional tidbit that he was living in SC and remarried to a woman with 2 kids, he never had kids, that pain of losing his father killed a part of his soul I thought.

So another one of Kate's famous long winded stories about her life, but I admire you immensely Missy, because knowing oneself is very important..You did the right thing for YOU, and I love that..

So girlie I love you and once this CV crap blows over I'll be up in the big apple..

I think Gracie is beautiful Missy, very unique, and Ollie, I love boys :) he's gorgeous too. You are good Missy, just plain good.

xoxoxoxo

Hope the PT stuff goes well, over the years I've had PT peeps who really helped me and mainly guy PTs I didn't connect with, who knows, maybe I am sexist!

Hello Greg.. happy Tuesday Missy girl.

xoxoxoxo

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That’s so nice that you got time to spend with DS’s GF, @junebug17 it makes such a difference when you get along. If he’s anything like Adam, then maybe this is quite serious if he’s bringing her ‘home’ to meet the folks! :D

Your weather sounds lovely @AV_ I wish it was like that here, we’ve had so much rain everything is still waterlogged. It was milder today, but it’s raining again now.

There’s a lot of building going on around Adam @Tekate, but we’re not paying 3% property tax, we are are limiting our search to those areas where it’s just under or over 2% and that’s a fortune compared to what we pay here in the UK. We’re quite happy with a ’pre-loved’ house, they’re all still pretty new compared to places we’ve had in the past. Our current house is the newest one we’ve ever owned, and that was built in 2000. Our houses are 2 skinned brick, so sturdier construction that the timber framed places around Adam’s.

Oh no @marcy, I hope you can get a replacement soon, you can’t be expected to cover the shortfall indefinitely. Your full moon photo is just stunning, you may not get great weather, but you’re certainly in the right place to capture amazing skyscapes.

I hope all is well with you @Mamabean and that you’re DH is well.

Love the photos of Jammie @bling_dream19 :lol: I can’t believe you got your sapphire for such a great price, and everything fell in to place with the setting. How’s your Mum doing, hoping she’s improving daily.

Think of you @Scandinavian and hoping things are good with you and yours.

How’re things in your neck of the woods @Niffler75 ?

We had a patient who came in to the surgery one time, sat in the chair and burst in to tears @Jimmianne, your dental phobia remedy reminded me of her. She apologised and said she’d had 2 shots of whiskey before she came to steady her nerves. She was in for an extraction, and by the time it was over she was happy to have another one because she was so relaxed :lol:

That sounds very positive @missy that both the kitties were sleeping on the bed with you. Gracie already looks much more relaxed in the photos, and I love the last picture with her little tootsies on show. I’m glad you were able to have a good walk yesterday, being out in the fresh air is a good mood enhancer. Honestly, a little dust never killed anyone, and sometimes you just have to let it go, it’s not important in the big scheme of things.

There is no time limit on grief, it takes as long as it takes, and nobody will judge you for loving your kitties so much, they leave a huge hole in our hearts and lives.

I had my last physio session today, Colin also had a session this morning, and has his last one on Thursday, he’s feeling so much better.

We are carrying on carrying on and hoping that nothing crops up to stop us going away next week.

We’re meeting our friends for lunch tomorrow (the ones we’re going away with), then I have a golf lesson later on.

I hope all the NIRDIs are keeping well and doing OK :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, it definitely seems rainier and grayer here than in the states in the winter!
It is difficult to think of a good reason to get out of bed :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's Wonderful (I hope) Wednesday!

@missy I think God, nature, genetics whatever it was that we happened from - made a mistake, our animals should live 70 years and us? 40 ;-) We dropped Salley off at a new groomer today (eek she was the only mid size dog, all the rest were cutie patootie little ones) and of course I'm worried, will they be good to her? will they treat her as well as a little poochie? LOVE IS LOVE. I can understand understanding oneself, you did, Missy if something happened to Chris or Mike I think I would die.. I'd wither, no more water in my life, no dirt, no happy joy because they are mine, my babies, but I say both have experienced life and Mike is a father himself, Chris is doing the life he wanted for himself at this point, so at least I know this.

My ex husband (the ahole) told me he wanted kids, then 5 years down the road when I started pushing it (I mean you have to have sex tho so there ya go ;-) ) anyway when I broached it he said he changed his mind, he didn't want any kids, ever. I thought for a while a blip, but as time went on it become very solid in his words, in exasperation I asked him again WHY? you told me you wanted kids??? not fair.. he said "Because when you die it hurts them so much".. when ahole was 14 his father died, unexpectedly to him but his mom knew, Dad had PKD (polycystic kidney disease) I don't think when my ex was young he realized how sick his father was, his father was 4F in WWII because of high blood pressure (kidney disease) I think forever Tom was broken by his Dad's death. Tom liked kids, he was great to his nephew Tommy (who's 46 now!) he loved his sister's kids and my sister's kids too, when we finally broke up (yayayayaya!) I was remarried in less than 2 years and was preggers with Mike, Tom drifted a w a y in my life, sorta heard an occasional tidbit that he was living in SC and remarried to a woman with 2 kids, he never had kids, that pain of losing his father killed a part of his soul I thought.

So another one of Kate's famous long winded stories about her life, but I admire you immensely Missy, because knowing oneself is very important..You did the right thing for YOU, and I love that..

So girlie I love you and once this CV crap blows over I'll be up in the big apple..

I think Gracie is beautiful Missy, very unique, and Ollie, I love boys :) he's gorgeous too. You are good Missy, just plain good.

xoxoxoxo

Hope the PT stuff goes well, over the years I've had PT peeps who really helped me and mainly guy PTs I didn't connect with, who knows, maybe I am sexist!

Hello Greg.. happy Tuesday Missy girl.

xoxoxoxo

Dear @Tekate I don't think you are sexist at all. Your experience is true for you and we shall see what I think re my therapist)s). I had an appointment with a male therapist today but it was canceled and I am disappointed. I did not reschedule as there were no appointments available for an initial next week. More on that below. Tomorrow I have an appointment with a female therapist. We shall see what happens with that appointment.

I so appreciate your warm and generous and loving and wise comments Kate the very great and wonderful. I admire you immensely Kate so we are in good company. How did it go for Salley at the groomer's yesterday? I totally get how you felt wanting them to be careful and take great care of her. It's hard to trust others with our loved ones. No one will treat them as well as we will. I do think most parents would want to die if their child died. Nothing is more traumatic or sadder than losing one's child. :(

I am sad about your ex husband changing his mind like that and hurting you dear Kate. But he was not meant to be your forever your b'shert as we say in the Jewish religion. No, John was meant to be your B'shert your soulmate. So you had to go through that to find John. And you have your beautiful children to show for the hardships you went through. All worth it. (((HUGS))).

I am sad that CV is changing so many of my friends plans but more than anything just want everyone to remain healthy. When it is over we will all get together for sure. Just need to get through this time of uncertainty. First death in NJ from this virus. So sad.

Sending you big hugs and much love and hoping you have a wonderful Wednesday dear girlie. Much love to you and your entire family and please hug Salley from me too.

@Niffler75 how are you doing ? How is your son doing? How is the mood by you re this CV? Hope all is going well and sending you lots of hugs.

@missy I will always want to hear of Francie, and of your memories of Francesca, Fred ,( as long as they hurt & beyond - at least my memories turn bright at some point, who can say how!

Thank you @AV_ and yes you are right. Hopefully the happier memories will outweigh the pain eventually. I would never change having her in our lives. Despite the pain of losing her. She was special and she was our heart kitty. Nothing can take that away. Thank you for understanding. I hope your day is going well. (((Hugs))).

That sounds very positive @missy that both the kitties were sleeping on the bed with you. Gracie already looks much more relaxed in the photos, and I love the last picture with her little tootsies on show. I’m glad you were able to have a good walk yesterday, being out in the fresh air is a good mood enhancer. Honestly, a little dust never killed anyone, and sometimes you just have to let it go, it’s not important in the big scheme of things.

There is no time limit on grief, it takes as long as it takes, and nobody will judge you for loving your kitties so much, they leave a huge hole in our hearts and lives.

I had my last physio session today, Colin also had a session this morning, and has his last one on Thursday, he’s feeling so much better.

We are carrying on carrying on and hoping that nothing crops up to stop us going away next week.

We’re meeting our friends for lunch tomorrow (the ones we’re going away with), then I have a golf lesson later on.

Hi @Austina thank you. They sure do leave a huge hole in our hearts and lives. I am glad your last physio session went well and that Colin is feeling so much better. Both Gracie and Oliver slept with me last night again. Gracie on my left side and Oliver on my right. Little imp takes up my entire pillow practically but Gracie is much more genteel and allows me to have some pillow lol. Walking outside is a great mood enhancer I agree. Let's just say it is a bit more than a little dust lol and oops. I have to get to the place where I feel more confident about how I bend and move. I have not mastered the hip hinge or the one leg golf move (thanks to @Mamabean for suggesting that as that is the one I use most now as long as I have something nearby to grab onto as I do it). I am a work in progress and just hope that I don't fracture any vertebrae while I am learning.

Smart to search for a home with lower property tax and also one close to Adam and Kim. Hope you enjoy lunch with your friends today and have a good golf lesson. Have fun. XO. And also thank you so much for that info yesterday on the OP in the UK. I have emailed them and we will see if they have any suggestions re the US. That would be great if they do...no response yet. Fingers crossed.

GM @Jimmianne hope your skies are more bright than gray. Hugs.

@Slick1 how are you doing? We have lots of CV cases here now and so many in Westchester. I hope you and family are A OK and especially sweet Chase. Thinking of you and sending hugs and continued healing vibes your way. XO.

@Mamabean please update as on the Ashlee situation...and how are you guys doing? When is your DH coming back home? Hugs.

@marcy hope you are doing well and that work was less crazy yesterday. How is your wild weather? XO.

So I am a bit disappointed. After waiting for a while for this initial PT appointment today they canceled yesterday evening (after confirming a few hours earlier) because the therapist I had my appointment with today (the owner) had a flood at his house. And the receptionist was not able to reschedule my appointment for over a week so I didn't take any appointment.

I am sorry he had a flood but since he is super booked and he is the owner why can't he schedule me early one morning for my initial before his regularly scheduled appointments? She told me to email him because she couldn't help me but of course I have not received a reply from him. So that is one PT place off my list before I even tried them out.

I am disappointed because they accepted my insurance, had positive reviews (especially about the owner) and were not far away. But hoping tomorrow's PT place (who does not accept my insurance and is far away) is good and I won't have to stress about continuing to find one. It's harder than I thought because it is for OP and not for a knee or arm injury for example about which more therapists are knowledgable.

Plus we canceled Greg's PT this morning for my initial PT appointment so that was also upsetting. Greg isn't upset about canceling his appointment as I know he feels he is getting limited benefit from it now but he is still getting some benefit and well it is so unprofessional of that owner IMO to just cancel me without trying to accommodate me for a sooner replacement appointment. We have schedules too and while I know emergencies happen (who knows better than I about emergencies like floods and kidney stones etc lol) I also feel that there was a better way to handle that and rescheduling me sooner vs later should hav been a priority. Sad because there are not a lot of places that offer knowledgeable OP people. Oh well onward and forward.

I did do my regular Pilates routine yesterday and added a spring and while I don't know how many lbs it was it was more weight than I had ever done so I felt pretty good about that. Just hope I am doing more good than harm with the exercises I am doing on my Reformer.

We also had a great walk yesterday as the weather was milder than I thought it would be and it was just a really nice albeit cloudy day. Now it is colder and I think rain is on the way soon but not sure.

We got a new toy for the kitties and they seem to like it. All 3 were playing yesterday. Only Bobby did not partake. I got video (deadly dull lol but not to us) of the 3 of them playing. So sweet!

I cannot get photos to work on my laptop right now so will post and then restart my computer and see if that helps. Have a wonderful Wednesday lovely ladies!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just restarted my computer. My goodness it's so buggy. LOL maybe it has CV. JK!

@Austina I received a reply! Sadly they are not here in the USA...I am so disappointed. Liz was lovely to reply so quickly and what a nice reply indeed.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.01.26 AM.png

I asked her for more info and let's see if it is anywhere closer to us. Thanks again Austina for thinking of me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday was so mild again. After our (almost spring) walk...

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.04.50 AM.png
Wearing my sloth pants haha. I love sloths so much. They are sweeeeeeet. :love:
@bling_dream19 do you have sloth pants? You need them if you don't. I think we all need them... :appl:

Kitties playing with the new toy

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.06.24 AM.png

and sweet Racy Gracie sassy lassie fancy Francie...

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.06.04 AM.png

:love:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday was so mild again. After our (almost spring) walk...

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.04.50 AM.png
Wearing my sloth pants haha. I love sloths so much. They are sweeeeeeet. :love:
@bling_dream19 do you have sloth pants? You need them if you don't. I think we all need them... :appl:

Kitties playing with the new toy

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.06.24 AM.png

and sweet Racy Gracie sassy lassie fancy Francie...

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 7.06.04 AM.png

:love:

Oh Missy I LOVE your sloth leggings!!! I need to get some! My little niece just LOVES sloths! She's been obsessed for a few years and actually got to touch one and feed one in Florida after Christmas and she just loved it! Yes we all need sloth leggings :love: :appl:
I hope you have a great day! I'm so sorry they cancelled on you. I wish I knew more about osteoporosis. Its getting crazy here too. I went to Costco yesterday and it was ok just felt wierd. It makes me question doing anything outside of work. My weekly choir practice is on alert and we are encouraged not to come if we don't feel well or don't want to take the risk. Scary times. I think I'll wear my lavender spinel ring to calm me :kiss2:
Bling makes us happy and calms us too.
Hugs and love to all!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results