carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry I didn‘t check in yesterday, but it turned it to quite a stressful day. We popped out in the morning for a few fresh items we need for the next couple of days, then I had my hair appointment. When I got home, Adam FaceTimed, and thereby started the stress. He keeps on that we shouldn’t go away, do we realise how serious this is, etc., I know it’s only because he cares and doesn’t want anything to happen to us, but we have weighed up the risks and are taking sensible precautions. He wouldn’t listen when we didn‘t want him to go free diving or cave diving, so oy. There has been 1 reported case of CV in St Lucia, but Sandals have assured everyone there have been no reported cases at any of their resorts.

Colin is worried should we get ill there, what are their medical facilities like. We do not have the option to cancel and get a refund, and we’re talking about a considerable sum of money, not that that’s the over riding factor, but I think if that was an option, he’d probably take it. Neither of us are on any kind of medication or have any underlying health issues, neither do our friends. So, we will watch the situation as we still have a few more days.

Good news that Gracie is standing up for herself @missy, and I expect with each passing day, there’ll be less confrontation between the two of them, it’s all new to both of them. I think it’s a good idea to give the PT another couple of sessions before deciding if it’s right for you. How did Greg get on, does he have to go for many more sessions? Glad you had someone to chat to and enjoyed a wet walk, and that Greg managed to get the feral feeders stocked up too.

:lol: To Camille @Jimmianne, she looks like she’s applauding something. The butchers block is a great idea for the kitchen, I have a solid oak one sitting in the garage which we bought when we moved here, and before we had the kitchen completely remodelled.

The chrysoberyl is a lovely colour @Niffler75 just the sort of thing to cheer up a dreary day. Glad you are well stocked up, and yes, I agree, that the constant overload of doom and gloom is very depressing. I know people have to be made aware, but I’m wondering how much is worst case scenario.

That’s such good news that your Mum is all better @bling_dream19 and that you’re enjoying your lovely new bling.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are doing OK and keeping well, have a great weekend :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thank you Missy, John said this morning, do you want to just hold off on this house stuff because of Covid19? I said I expected it to be tough to get it built before November anyway because of getting people etc, so I said nah, he agreed. I know what you mean about younger PTs, I had one guy after my 2nd hip replacement and all he liked to do was put some electrical thingy on my upper thigh and turn the lights off, Enya playing and then he'd come back in 20 minutes and I'd do the treadmill, meh. I am a feng shui kind of person in the long run, but I want action! :) Chris still out of action on the internet front, this has turned into a CF for him, Mike told him to come here, he said no. I offered to pay! he said no. oh well. Love your leggings Missy, so cool. I wonder if we will get your rain today Missy?... we are very overcast and dreary. xoxoxo kittens are so lovely Missy, so calming for me to look at :) ty. xoxoxoxo

@canuk-gal no need to worry about catching up sharon, I find it hard too, I am much busier here in Austin than in Scarborough, ME.. Mike and Auti usually comes over every Friday around 4:00 and stays till 7 (dinner on the parents!) and free wine and beer too) so I am a cooking fool, today we are watching Autumn from 1:30 till dinnertime when the Mike and Cara come back from looking at houses, my long and belabored spiel here is, I'm busier! one thing about us NIRDIs is that we are family. xoxoxo

@Jimmianne I love the bee's knee's! haven't heard that in a coon's age! ! glad you can't leave France? don't blame you because where you are is bucolic, beautiful and a dream come true.. (please take my adage as it was originally meant to be, I recognize there is a slur to those who are very touchy, but I mean it in its originality)

@Austina are you cruising out of FL? the warmer climates don't seem to be getting hit as hard by the CV virus. How's Colin? not much new in Austin, no one seems to be taking any huge precautions (aside from near loss of TP in any store :) ) so you will be here in May! yay! hi to everyone! xoxoxo

@AV_ Hi AV 4;30 or so in your country.. hope you are having sun and happiness! xoxoxox

@Mamabean how's everyone? heard anything about Ashlee? your life is so hectic! I hope your mom is doing well, that YOU are doing well and I'm so glad you were able to get David's meds.. sending you love! xoxo

@bling_dream19 Hello lady! ah the dream house, it's like the dream stone BD, happens rarely, I'm beginning to hate the whole process and that puts a bad juju on my mood, with the architect, with JOHN :) etc. I think you have your dream home, it's really our lives and who we spend them with.. I have reached the apex of my life, the house is probably a big waste of money that we shouldn't have jumped into, but that is also John and I, rush in, don't think, the freak. :) hope you are having a lovely weekend! xoxoxoxo

@Niffler75 Hello! how's things with you and your little guy in England, I think your physicians are much better and keeping you all informed. hope you are well! xoxoxo

@Scandinavian Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. xoxoxo

@Slick1 Hope your kids and you are staying healthy. xoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi June!

@Daisys and Diamonds Hi, how's things in your part of the world? Hope the heat isn't too bad, can you go to the ocean and swim? xoxoxo

@sarahb Hi Sarah! xoxo

@Calliecake hey Callie, how's things? how's the nieces and grands? we are in a big of a pickle in our country right now.. Let's hope that it all ends well! xoxoxoxo

Well as I said all is well here, Chris won't fly here :) Mike is dropping Auti off around 1:30 today and going house hunting with his SIL who is his buyers agent. Dreary here today, maybe some rain or sun later I hope! No news on the house other than I'm so over it. ;-) so everyone have an awesome Saturday and week ahead. Love to the NIRDI's!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne LOVE your beautiful kitchen, I like the new piece you want to replace the wall unit with, I just think you MAY perhaps miss the under cabinets.. not sure though, everything in Europe is smaller than here, their stoves, fridges etc, so I think a nice new silvery fridge will be wonderful, are you keeping the stove? the floor is so unique and gorgeous, I could look at it all day. just my .02 on a dreary day in Texas. sending you love Jimmi.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate, we’re due to fly to St Lucia on Tuesday and fly home from Barbados. In all likelihood, we probably won’t be able to come in May, but we’re holding off cancelling our flights, because we will wait and monitor the situation. BA are offering to cancel flights and giving a future flight voucher, but if they’re forced to cancel due to travel restrictions, they’ll have to refund our money, so we’ll see.

Sorry your house plans are turning into a monumental PITA, rather takes the shine off, doesn’t it?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate You are funny without knowing... Never mind nice weather - it was nice, until a wave of smog turned up; nb. this is not HK, but a mountain village of 7K with no industry & no city within five hundred km., so smog does not exist unless you open the window & take a sniff of it. This, & Spain has just called two weeks of no going to town; I would have celebrated at the usual cafe, but not with this other plague in the air. I am making quince jam in revenge.

on with the day (I think)

[for once, I haven't read anything else - just picked a notification; will catch up, of course]

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Morning NIRDIS from -21C Egad! In two days it will be warm again. Whatevs.

@Jimmianne I love your kitchen! I look forward to seeing your new fridge. Oh and FWIW I am getting a bit weary of those emails from stores, restaurants etc also; I always thought they had high cleaning standards! Anyway I got an email from some random company who buys gold and jewellery--during these "times" where people are "hard hit"--I'm like WTH? Covid financial distress, I was disgusted. Who are thsse people and why do they have my email?

@missy envying your warm temps! Good your folks are well!!! My Mom is good. I recommended she social distance but she never listens to me anyway.

@Austina friends are in the same position as you where they've booked to go to Sandals. No refunds only date changes available. Significant $$$.

Not much planned today--it is too cold to do much so may as well stay home with all the CV stuff.

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Morning NIRDIS from -21C Egad! In two days it will be warm again. Whatevs.

@Jimmianne I love your kitchen! I look forward to seeing your new fridge. Oh and FWIW I am getting a bit weary of those emails from stores, restaurants etc also; I always thought they had high cleaning standards! Anyway I got an email from some random company who buys gold and jewellery--during these "times" where people are "hard hit"--I'm like WTH? Covid financial distress, I was disgusted. Who are thsse people and why do they have my email?

@missy envying your warm temps! Good your folks are well!!! My Mom is good. I recommended she social distance but she never listens to me anyway.

@Austina friends are in the same position as you where they've booked to go to Sandals. No refunds only date changes available. Significant $$$.

Not much planned today--it is too cold to do much so may as well stay home with all the CV stuff.

cheers--Sharon

Yeh, I know...like...my massage therapist wasn’t cleaning the table or washing her hands before?
I like her very much, and I know she’s just trying to reassure people, but that’s the last place I would want to go! It doesn’t matter if everything is super clean if she had a client who had the virus and she was exposed to it, then passing it along to other clients??

I just hope everyone stays safe. Fingers crossed ( after I wash my hands of course).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning everyone.
There isn’t nearly as much news here about the virus as there is coming from the States. It sounds scary there and I hope everyone is doing OK, staying calm and carrying on… And enjoying their bling and staying cheerful.

Yesterday got an email from a Reiki provider saying that she is doing long-distance Reiki until this thing blows over. I have no idea what to think about that, but it was an interesting email to get.

I’ve been having fun placing orders on Amazon to be shipped to my house sitters. Pet foods chocolate baby toys soups. It’s such a nice thing to be able to do. I could never send that stuff from here, would cost a fortune to ship, so thank goodness for Amazon on the internet.

Niffler, that’s quite a beautiful stone. I think you are setting a good example with your bling :)
A much nicer point of focus than the other things that are going on.

I am thinking of finally upgrading my kitchen (and have been organizing photos for a friend to help me brainstorm). So here is the before, when I moved in, and then what it looks like now.
The kitchen was chockablock with cabinets and stuff, so I kept pairing it down until I hardly have any kitchen at all. LOL it’s a little bit like camping out but it works OK.

Some of my friends here have completely gutted their houses and remodeled them. I’m too lazy and I am loathe to lose the quirkiness of the house, but the kitchen certainly could be more functional!
I will include a picture of the replacement piece of furniture I’m considering for this area. Also I am replacing the fridge with a cute silver and gray one.

D75AC61E-D60C-44B8-BD93-F91DB9553307.jpeg C7517265-8635-4FB2-8F92-87AB6ED4AA98.jpeg

8E98D06D-CB1A-4D12-9E6B-3DBA8A42BA25.jpeg

I love your kitchen @Jimmianne! What did you do with your oven? Did you put new tile up? I love the pattern sprinkled between the white tile..I love decorating so I’ll be so happy to see more pics...hopefully!

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh, he’s just been on again, we’ve told him, we’ve got till Monday to make a final decision, stop stressing us out!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne, it crossed my mind when I heard about the travel ban that you might not be as upset as others lol. But I know you're missing your furbabies. That pic of Camille is absolutely adorable and yes, it's comforting to know they are happy while you're away. I think that right now online relationships are the best way to go! What a beautiful picture, I can see why you love being in France. And yes, Amazon is simply amazing. Oooh, I love what you're considering for your kitchen and a new gray fridge will look great.

@Niffler75, great news about your son's school! It all sounds wonderful and very encouraging. Yes, this virus is nerve-wracking. I go from mildly concerned to very panicked. Honestly, I'm not too worried about myself, or even dh. We can both stay home with no issues. Worried for those who don't have the luxury of self-isolating. Your new ring is gorgeous! I really love it. The setting is just so cool. I love jewelry from the 50's-60's.

@missy, I understand your worry for your parents and I just hope they use good judgement. It's hard for a lot of older people to be told what to do and I guess that makes them even more determined that they're going to do what they want. I know it's challenging. And I'll be keeping Greg's mom in my thoughts with her assisted living situation. Love the pics of the kitties, they are all so cute. Love the pic of them gathered around their new toy. It sounds like overall they are all getting used to each other at least. I hope this PT works out for you, and if not that you find one who's a better fit for you.

@AV_, this virus is a game changer for people who rely on travel to do their jobs! My husband was supposed to travel this week but he cancelled it. I hope your cold isn't too bad. Your lifestyle actually sounds very conducive to this virus! Too funny the lunch place cheered new customers. Hopefully this will all be over sooner rather than later. Stay safe and take care.

@Tekate, I feel the same as you, I wouldn't survive is something happened to one of my kids. You have such wonderful sons. It is so sweet that they are so concerned for you. We ended up not going to SC and my dd said she was glad and hoping we wouldn't...it's nice to know they care LOL. And wow to John saying Ever might not be forever! I'm taking that to mean he's open to a future upgrade, woo-hoo. Your husband has always seemed like a doll but I like him even better now haha! And lol to being a helicopter parent, I think I'm one of those too. I'm sorry to hear the house plans are getting a bit muddled up with everything that's going on and hopefully things will fall into place.

@Austina, as I said to Kate, it's nice to know at least our kids care! I'm sorry you're dealing with the stress of Adam being worried. I'm really glad you and Colin are feeling so much better. And how great that you are enjoying golf so much.

@bling_dream19, very happy to hear your mother is better! And I absolutely adore your spinel ring. I've been wearing my rings around the house and I have to say, they do cheer me up LOL.
Thank goodness for bling.

@Mamabean, I'm sending you lots of good thoughts. You are responsible for a lot and are looking out for the well-being of several people, including you. I know it must be very stressful. I hope things work ok with David's work...I can't help but think that something is going to have to give with all these issues. You're not the only one facing these dilemmas. I'm hoping the government steps in on some of this if possible. Please take care of yourself, and try not to worry too much. You are doing great.

@marcy, I thought of you with all these sporting events being cancelled; things might slow down for you. I hope things go smoothly if you have to work from home. Marty will have some company LOL. Very nice that Marty can afford internet now due to having enough clients, just great. Your pic of the sky is amazing.

@canuk-gal, oh no to your dh having something removed, the poor guy can't catch a break these days. I hope he's healing well. Sorry to hear about the cold temps but at least it makes it easier to stay home! So fun your nephew is in a band - I love having a musician in the family.

We decided not to go to SC. It was only for a few days and I came down with a slight cold a few days before so better safe than sorry. I'm totally fine, just a slight sore throat and a little congestion. I've been taking Airborne and I think it's been helping. Dh and ds are now working from home and dd's school is heading into their 2 week spring break (she's a teacher)...which will probably be continued.

Now that dh is working from home the idea of driving to SC and isolating there is extremely tempting. It is pretty remote and not heavily populated where we are. And if we're going to be cooped up it's a very pretty place to be cooped up. We could even go for walks on the beach. But being far from our kids and my brother concerns me and just feels weird.

Welp, I guess that sums it up lol. Not a lot going on here, just staying in and trying to stay occupied. Sending everyone good thoughts and comfort!

Here's my bling choice for today lol
E51E4D3E-4E15-4E77-B7C4-125FAA2508AB.jpeg EC7764E2-9776-464A-BC32-B65A55B4EEB2.jpeg

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump has stopped all flights into USA from Britain beginning next week, I am not sure if you will be able to make it back to England @Austina if you can get on the cruise even, I hope so but it may not be possible.

okay my bestie in the whole wide world has a DIL who has a Hanna Gray Fellowship and is doing postdoctoral work on viruses said this to my best friend: Do NOT fly for 8 months, it's going to get a lot worse, everyone will get it and it's best to self isolate, she told the her inlaws to not order delivery food (now THIS will kill my bestie :) ) my best friend has an ICD and her husband has 2 stents so her DIL was adamant about them not flying.

this is the latest from the medical people I know anyway.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know @Mamabean, but this constant badgering is just making us feel ill. We’re still undecided what to do, we have to make a decision one way or the other on Monday, but this will also affect our friends who we were going with.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne beautiful picture. It was awfully icy yesterday; roads weren’t too bad but sidewalks were a nightmare. I walked on pavement rather than the sidewalk and luckily our entrance at work has heated sidewalk. I was very careful for sure. I can’t imagine any virus or germ could survive in this brutal cold and wind. And yes my science background tells me that live things can survive in harsh environments with extreme high and low temperatures. Nice you are having spring there. I totally laughed at your comment about Gracie saying “I own these people”. I find it interesting the news in France isn’t whipping this virus in to a media frenzy of 24 x 7 panic mode. They sure are doing that here. What a difference in your kitchen. It looks great. I like that piece you are considering as well. Love the picture of Camille. She is a cutie and misses you too.

@missy that is so sweet Gracie and Oliver snuggle up to you to sleep. Gracie looks very content with Greg. I am glad to hear you were able to get some of your medicine. I hope Monday goes well with the PT; Marty does initial eval and discussions when he first meets with clients; his initial meetings are free though. I did see NYC has quite a few cases; it is so scary especially for those with weakened immune systems. The recovery rate keeps me optimistic though. I think we’d all do better to quit watching the news. But that’s just me. I was a frequent hand washer anyway; I just need to work on not touching my face. That is promising Gracie stands up to Oliver some times. Love your reindeer leggings. Very cute. I am glad your parents are doing fine. That is nice of you to let older people in your building know they can count and you and Greg if they need something. I think the older people aren’t as worried as younger people; they’ve lived through a lot already and survived things probably worse than this.

@Tekate sorry the planning for your place keeps adding expenses; I remember it well. Good luck with that. I am glad you will continue on with it though. I hope the doctor can tune up your shoulder. Surprisingly they do put houses close together here too. Marty picked well on our lot though; we have greenway on 2 sides of us and we picked a wide lot; then our neighbor to the north of us picked a house plan that was longer than wide so we have a very decent separation from them. I think I will get antsy working from home but we will see.

@AV_ that’s cute every lunch place cheers when they get a customer.

@Austina I agree this is going to be really rough on businesses and the economy. That worries me more worrying that I’ll catch the virus. I agree we will get through this and we should definitely be following the recommendations and precautions will really help. Glad you are still planning on going on your trip, I get Adam’s and Colin’s concerns but I’d take those survival odds any day of the week. Good luck with your decision. I’d be telling my parents to stay home too and I have no doubt they’d still go. The girl I meet weekly for lunch told me this week she doesn’t want to meet for lunch until this is over.

@canuk_gal I don’t freak out at spiders either but I’m with you on those large spiders. I hate flying bugs though. We’ll get spring sometime. I hope.

@bling_dream19 that is awesome news your mom is doing better. Woo hoo! Definitely the mood feels weird. It is really crappy here now. Our few days of faux spring of course led to rain first then snow. Sidewalks were awfully icy. We are staying in today. Nice you have a sauna; I’d be using it all them time just to warm up. I am so glad you are enjoying all that pretty bling. My knee is better, thank you.

@Niffler75 gorgeous ring you discovered on Ruby Lane. I always wanted a gorgeous yellow beryl EC ring. I am doing good and taking less Advil for my knee. I am force bending it walking; I haven’t decided yet if that helps or makes it worse. When does your son start his new school?

@Mamabean it is fun to decorate; but of course I hate the mess.

@junebug17 I think I’ll be really bored if I have to work at home; I’d honestly opt to go in to work if they don’t ban us from the building. Some of our departments have too be on sight. Marty works out of his gym quite a bit and probably will more so now that he has his own internet. Yes, we will be slow at work. Self isolating at your place in SC sounds great. Love your bling choice of the day. Very pretty.

We are self isolating today - mostly because it’s COLD, ICY, windy and snowy out there. I have some beef soup brewing on the stove. It smells great!

I changed the sheets today. This was more like sticking a cat in a bath than wrestling a pig so I managed to accomplish getting the fitted sheet on by myself. I’m working on laundry.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls! Just stopped by for a moment and will reply to all tomorrow. But I promised @Jimmianne a photo of my new boots so here you go..an outdoor selfie just a few minutes ago...they need to polish the glass mirror at the Barclay Center for sure.

missyandgregoutsidenewboots.png

Love these new boots. I got my first compliment wearing them for the first time today. A stranger walking by said those are the nicest boots she ever saw. They are pretty sweet.

swbrownboots.png

OK enjoy the rest of this gorgeous day. It is beautiful here...temps have to be near 60. Really bright and sunny and beautiful.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
(ctd, the smoke was a forest fire some twenty km away - packed into a narrow valley & blown this far)

@junebug True enough, my life looks like 'lockdown' & I keep telling this to my travelling friends [not the one stuck in Italy, nor the other whose friend has died in Mardrid of this thing ,( ; many professors never retire & are very stubborn] , about half laugh, sort of.

@Tekate I believe your friend's DIL. I'd have to have a great reason to fly & no one would see my face during.

@Austina I would not be locked into a floating box with strangers if they paid me.

_

still catching up

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls! Just stopped by for a moment and will reply to all tomorrow. But I promised @Jimmianne a photo of my new boots so here you go..an outdoor selfie just a few minutes ago...they need to polish the glass mirror at the Barclay Center for sure.

missyandgregoutsidenewboots.png

Love these new boots. I got my first compliment wearing them for the first time today. A stranger walking by said those are the nicest boots she ever saw. They are pretty sweet.

swbrownboots.png

OK enjoy the rest of this gorgeous day. It is beautiful here...temps have to be near 60. Really bright and sunny and beautiful.

Those boots!!!
And a happy sunny day as well.
Enjoy : )

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(ctd, the smoke was a forest fire some twenty km away - packed into a narrow valley & blown this far)

@junebug True enough, my life looks like 'lockdown' & I keep telling this to my travelling friends [not the one stuck in Italy, nor the other whose friend has died in Mardrid of this thing ,( ; many professors never retire & are very stubborn] , about half laugh, sort of.

@Tekate I believe your friend's DIL. I'd have to have a great reason to fly & no one would see my face during.

@Austina I would not be locked into a floating box with strangers if they paid me.

_

still catching up

AV...your tagline quote is “still catching up “? Love it! :lol:

Reactions: AV_

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, just checking in briefly as am exhausted. Had quite a stressful day today with my son bless him!

I have a quick (possibly silly) question. I have ordered a ring from the US and paid about £270 including shipping and insurance. I am assuming I may have some import fees to the UK. Is anyone able to shed any light?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, just checking in briefly as am exhausted. Had quite a stressful day today with my son bless him!

I have a quick (possibly silly) question. I have ordered a ring from the US and paid about £270 including shipping and insurance. I am assuming I may have some import fees to the UK. Is anyone able to shed any light?

Niffler, I just made a thread with a similar question, but about France. So maybe not the same thing. But here it is anyway. Maybe helps or someone there will know!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Niffler75 I purchased a ring from England and I had to pay import fees..It was requested directly from customs..I had to pay it so it would continue to move on it’s way to me..I can’t remember how much it was..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soooo...Our governor is closing schools for two weeks. It includes the school district where David’s workshop is located....I’m going to Maryland tomorrow....It seems his workshop supervisor told them about the Coronavirus. He is a little worried saying he could die. I was so happy he could tell me how he’s feeling because he doesn’t really express feelings to anyone but me. I told him he didn’t need to worry..that I was taking care of it...that I would do everything to keep him safe...He then said that was because I have super mommy powers..OMG..talk about pressure..I’m going crazy trying to get everything together...What a feat..I’ll probably have to come back a few times to get more supplies from the PA house..but will try to time it with medication refills..
I‘m so happy I have you all or I would go crazy..xxxxoooo

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW, ok--us NIRDI's are aware of the catch up issues with this thread. Been gone for a couple of weeks, (has it been THAT long??) so went back to page 665-6 or 7, can't remember/it wasn't back far enough/since I'd been gone so long. Read, read & read, & now its 1130p & I must go to bed. It was good to see what everyone is up to. I will come back tomorrow am & formally say 'hello' to all my NIRDI buddies. Until then, dust & health....XOXO

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, ok--us NIRDI's are aware of the catch up issues with this thread. Been gone for a couple of weeks, (has it been THAT long??) so went back to page 665-6 or 7, can't remember/it wasn't back far enough/since I'd been gone so long. Read, read & read, & now its 1130p & I must go to bed. It was good to see what everyone is up to. I will come back tomorrow am & formally say 'hello' to all my NIRDI buddies. Until then, dust & health....XOXO

Sarab, it takes courage to get in the way back machine. LOL
From now on you need to check in more often!
I have to admit I’m not sure if it helps, and the only way I can keep up is through the kindness of people who do a sort of synopsis from time to time :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

So, we’ve made a decision, we’re not going. There have been 2 confirmed cases in St Lucia, (brought in by tourists) and they’re closing the schools. This means there’s bound to be a lot more undiagnosed cases, and let’s face it, if any of us get it, they won’t have the facilities to treat a major outbreak, and they probably wouldn’t treat us anyway. We think it’s only a matter of time before they lock down the islands, so we could get stuck there. We’ve going to discuss it with our friends shortly, as it’s still early morning here, but no amount of money is worth us getting ill or possibly dying.

We’re not going on a cruise, when the cruise company cancelled, we booked to stay at Sandals in St Lucia and Barbados.

@Niffler75 you will have to pay 20% VAT on the item before it’s released to you (at least that’s been my experience). Sorry you’re frazzled, I hope you have a less stressful day today.

They’re talking about getting the army out to ensure people stop the madness of stripping shops bare, and making anyone over 70 stay inside for the next 4 months.

Wishing all the other lovely NIRDIs good health and a peaceful day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Fun day Sunday.

@missy thank you Missy, John said this morning, do you want to just hold off on this house stuff because of Covid19? I said I expected it to be tough to get it built before November anyway because of getting people etc, so I said nah, he agreed. I know what you mean about younger PTs, I had one guy after my 2nd hip replacement and all he liked to do was put some electrical thingy on my upper thigh and turn the lights off, Enya playing and then he'd come back in 20 minutes and I'd do the treadmill, meh. I am a feng shui kind of person in the long run, but I want action! :) Chris still out of action on the internet front, this has turned into a CF for him, Mike told him to come here, he said no. I offered to pay! he said no. oh well. Love your leggings Missy, so cool. I wonder if we will get your rain today Missy?... we are very overcast and dreary. xoxoxo kittens are so lovely Missy, so calming for me to look at :) ty. xoxoxoxo

Dear @Tekate it was another sunny bright beautiful day by us here. I hear you re PT letting us do our own thing. Not worth the money when they do that especially in the beginning. I am motivated so do not need that for motivation. I need their expertise to tell me what to do and how to do it. Kind you offered to pay for Mike to come here but I understand he was reluctant. Sorry Chris is still not on the internet. Where is Chris located again? We walked through Boerum Hill and Clinton Hill yesterday. Gorgeous neighborhoods. We walked 6 miles yesterday. Not as much as @Jimmianne and her long walks but that was long for us. I wish we were all closer in distance because I would love walking with all of you girls.

As for the house what will be will be and I agree with you to continue as planned and hope for the best. We can only do the best we can do and we have to take heart in that. Sending you lots of happy house building dust and may it go as smoothly as possible. Fingers crossed!

Hope you and John had a great afternoon with Autie and sending you all lots of love and hugs. How is your niece Kate doing? Does she need anything? Remember if we can be of any help to anyone of your family here in Brooklyn or even elsewhere do not hesitate to ask me. We are all here for you guys any way we can be. Sending you ((((HUGS)))).

(((HUGS))) @sarahb It is good to see you here...I have missed you. And no matter when you come here we are always so happy to see you and it is not necessary to read everything you missed. It can be a lot to read lol. Hope you are having sweet dreams!

So, we’ve made a decision, we’re not going. There have been 2 confirmed cases in St Lucia, (brought in by tourists) and they’re closing the schools. This means there’s bound to be a lot more undiagnosed cases, and let’s face it, if any of us get it, they won’t have the facilities to treat a major outbreak, and they probably wouldn’t treat us anyway. We think it’s only a matter of time before they lock down the islands, so we could get stuck there. We’ve going to discuss it with our friends shortly, as it’s still early morning here, but no amount of money is worth us getting ill or possibly dying.

We’re not going on a cruise, when the cruise company cancelled, we booked to stay at Sandals in St Lucia and Barbados.

Oh gosh, I am so sorry @Austina :( You are making the best decision given the circumstances but I know it stings and I am sorry. Staying safe and protecting yourselves now is the smartest thing to do and there will be future trips. Sending you hugs and love.

They’re talking about getting the army out to ensure people stop the madness of stripping shops bare, and making anyone over 70 stay inside for the next 4 months.

Oy vey that is scary. I know I keep saying this but are we in a Twilight Zone movie? This is madness. Surreal. Please take care. (((Hugs))).

Sarab, it takes courage to get in the way back machine. LOL
From now on you need to check in more often!
I have to admit I’m not sure if it helps, and the only way I can keep up is through the kindness of people who do a sort of synopsis from time to time :)

Dear @Jimmianne it's OK if you are not up on everything we share. Just happy you are here. That is the truth. Especially now. We are here for each other no matter what and these are scary times. It helps to know we are supporting each other emotionally through what are challenging times and will continue to be challenging times for some time to come...(((hugs))).

Soooo...Our governor is closing schools for two weeks. It includes the school district where David’s workshop is located....I’m going to Maryland tomorrow....It seems his workshop supervisor told them about the Coronavirus. He is a little worried saying he could die. I was so happy he could tell me how he’s feeling because he doesn’t really express feelings to anyone but me. I told him he didn’t need to worry..that I was taking care of it...that I would do everything to keep him safe...He then said that was because I have super mommy powers..OMG..talk about pressure..I’m going crazy trying to get everything together...What a feat..I’ll probably have to come back a few times to get more supplies from the PA house..but will try to time it with medication refills..
I‘m so happy I have you all or I would go crazy..xxxxoooo

Glad the schools are closing and IMO they will be closed for more than 2 weeks. David is not misplacing his trust in you. You will get him and your whole family through this crisis. It is going to be OK. Sending you big hugs and lots of love Joanne.

Hi @Niffler75 hope you had a good night last night and woke rejuvenated and that today is a good day for you. Sending you big hugs and lots of love and glad the girls here were able to help you re your import question.

Those boots!!!
And a happy sunny day as well.
Enjoy : )

Aww thanks Jimmianne. I told Greg I have to get a photo of the boots for you. LOL. He is used to stopping for me so we can get photos for the NIRDIs. :lol: You would look great in these boots. By the way...

And for some levity

1584213461847.png

LOL love these.
@missy that is so sweet Gracie and Oliver snuggle up to you to sleep. Gracie looks very content with Greg. I am glad to hear you were able to get some of your medicine. I hope Monday goes well with the PT; Marty does initial eval and discussions when he first meets with clients; his initial meetings are free though. I did see NYC has quite a few cases; it is so scary especially for those with weakened immune systems. The recovery rate keeps me optimistic though. I think we’d all do better to quit watching the news. But that’s just me. I was a frequent hand washer anyway; I just need to work on not touching my face. That is promising Gracie stands up to Oliver some times. Love your reindeer leggings. Very cute. I am glad your parents are doing fine. That is nice of you to let older people in your building know they can count and you and Greg if they need something. I think the older people aren’t as worried as younger people; they’ve lived through a lot already and survived things probably worse than this.

Well NYC cases have gone up quite a bit since last reported. Scary. Sweet that Marty does the initial for free. It cost me 200 times that. LOL. The recovery rate is a good rate but you know my wheels are turning because the recovery rate means nothing if we are in the non recovery percentage. Yeah I am a worrier and it isn't good so I am stopping it right now. We are going to be OK. I too am a frequent hand washer and let's hope that keeps us well. I have to work on not touching my face too. Gracie is now jumping up on the counter and her appetite rivals Oliver. Uh oh we are in trouble. Poor Tommy cannot catch a break. Everyone eats his food. I must stand vigilant. The problem is with Tommy he loses interest in eating when the others come over so it's a constant struggle. Yes we should stop watching the news. It is feeding negative energy and worry for me. You are right. And yes the older people seem less concerned. But part of me wonders how much of that is common sense and how much might be dementia. JK. I think.

We are self isolating today - mostly because it’s COLD, ICY, windy and snowy out there. I have some beef soup brewing on the stove. It smells great!

I changed the sheets today. This was more like sticking a cat in a bath than wrestling a pig so I managed to accomplish getting the fitted sheet on by myself. I’m working on laundry.

Cold and icy and windy are perfect isolation conditions so you dont have to feel guilty. At all. And ymmmm to soup. I wish we all lived closer because we could all cook with each other and keep each other company. My friend M said she is bored already. LOL she just got back early from her trip to Arizona (came back in 2 weeks vs 3 due to concern over Coronavirus) and she just returned this Friday and she told me yesterday she is already bored. We are in for a long haul I told her so snap out of it. LOL. But seriously if we get ill and cannot go out I do see boredom creeping in because when one is unwell one can get restless staying put. Or maybe that is just me. Yay for fresh sheets and I can just picture the struggle lol. That is why I need Greg to change the sheets. Especially now. I can handle the laundry though. Have a good Sunday Marcy and be well. XOXO.

We decided not to go to SC. It was only for a few days and I came down with a slight cold a few days before so better safe than sorry. I'm totally fine, just a slight sore throat and a little congestion. I've been taking Airborne and I think it's been helping. Dh and ds are now working from home and dd's school is heading into their 2 week spring break (she's a teacher)...which will probably be continued.

Now that dh is working from home the idea of driving to SC and isolating there is extremely tempting. It is pretty remote and not heavily populated where we are. And if we're going to be cooped up it's a very pretty place to be cooped up. We could even go for walks on the beach. But being far from our kids and my brother concerns me and just feels weird.

Welp, I guess that sums it up lol. Not a lot going on here, just staying in and trying to stay occupied. Sending everyone good thoughts and comfort!

Gorgeous bling choice @junebug17. Your collection is beautiful and you wear it well. Nice your DH is working from home and I am sure it brings you comfort. I hear you re wanting to be in SC in isolation. We are thinking about the beach house and going there during this time but so far Brooklyn is winning out. It would be more civilized at the beach house to be sure but for now it is easier to stay here. Plus my doctor and PT appointments and my Pilates Reformer is here. But we re-evaluate all the time and we shall see what we decide. And long walks on the beach sounds lovely and tempting. Hope your cold is all better now and take care. Hope your brother is doing OK and sleeping better. I have started CBD oil before bed and so far so good. I forgot to take it last night and woke at 3AM and have been awake since then so maybe there is something to it. If you like I will keep you posted for your brother.

okay my bestie in the whole wide world has a DIL who has a Hanna Gray Fellowship and is doing postdoctoral work on viruses said this to my best friend: Do NOT fly for 8 months, it's going to get a lot worse, everyone will get it and it's best to self isolate, she told the her inlaws to not order delivery food (now THIS will kill my bestie :) ) my best friend has an ICD and her husband has 2 stents so her DIL was adamant about them not flying.

this is the latest from the medical people I know anyway.

Thank you for this info...it makes me nervous but knowledge is power. I do hope she is wrong though. My big concern is OK if we get this (which seems inevitable) it is OK but let all of us recover and let our loved ones recover. Most concerned about the older people like my parents and MIL but I am concerned about lots of my friends too. Anyway sending well wishes to all.

@canuk-gal hope you are having a good weekend and glad all is well by you. Sending you lots of love across the many miles. Thank you for all you do for others in your profession. You are such an important part of keeping and getting others well. Please also take good care of yourself. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 how are things going by you? How are you feeling? Sending you lots of love and well wishes and big hugs.

@Scandinavian continued good thoughts for you and your family. XO.

@AV_ hello there, hope your weekend is a good one and all is peaceful by you. XO.

We walked 6 miles yesterday and it was a gorgeous day. No one seems to be self isolating here as the streets were busy. We are trying to maintain distance from others but it is challenging to do so in NYC what can I say. We are trying to be smart about things. As long as we remain well I hope we can walk most days though. I need to maintain some normalcy in our life as long as possible. It is going to be a long haul I think.

Leaving you with an artistic (loosely defined hahaha) shot from in front of the Barclay Center yesterday afternoon. It was surreal because there were notices all over the windows that all the games were not allowing audiences. Surreal.

You can see the beautiful blue skies we were enjoying yesterday.

barclaycenter.png

Have a very happy and fun Sunday lovely ladies. (((HUGS))) and stay well.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

@Niffler75 you will have to pay 20% VAT on the item before it’s released to you (at least that’s been my experience). Sorry you’re frazzled, I hope you have a less stressful day today.

Wishing all the other lovely NIRDIs good health and a peaceful day.

Austina, I’m sorry. You are smart to wait until there is a more pleasant outcome assured. To go now sounds like more of an adventure than anyone would knowingly take on.

Missy, hi. We posted at the same time. Now to read your post.

Tekate , EIGHT months?!

It’s a beautiful day here. The first really sunny day in three weeks. Smiles are returning to the faces.
XX

Ps. My SIL said 23 cases in our area this weekend. I looked it up and it was already up to 43. A couple of hours later the health department reported 85.
I’m sure the big uptick is due to the test results coming in, but it is an inspiration to isolate!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results