carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI'S!

Life has been moving fast around here the last couple of days...I hope everyone had a nice Valentines Day & a nice weekend too. I am behind a bit with everyones responses so will try to catch up!

@Austina : I play 2x a week & love it. I have a bridge lesson on Fridays, & play with friends on Mondays. I am amazed at this game, after playing for 3 solid years, am still learning. I do have a membership with the national ACBL (American Contract Bridge League), and can play with the local chapter & accumulate Master points if I choose, but don't because I don't feel good enough yet. Maybe this next fall. Glad you seem to be doing well--hope your shoulder has improved.

@marcy Well, our nice easy winter just disappeared, & now we are back to true winter here. The usual frequent snow fall & cold temps. Everyone who lives in an area with a robust winter probably experiences the same. Hang in there & good for you with your lifting! I love astrology, & wished I knew more, had even bought a telescope & star maps as young person. It's so interesting. Where I live now has so much light pollution, can't really see much at all. I'd have to drive quite a distance to reach a 'good' spot. When I lived in NM, the night skies were incredible. I'll never forget those skies. I love seeing all the rabbits & their antics, what a sense of humor you & Marty have!

@missy, Its fun to see your daily walk photos, glad you & Greg are getting out. It's always amazed me with some of my surgeries how hard the recovery process has been, but if you stick to the plan, everything works out--& it sure looks & sounds like he's doing well. Follow-up to the lithotripsy is a standard followup appointment next week & another KUB to check on the kidney stone(s). I originally had 1, which he thinks I must of passed, & I don't recall having pain, but who knows--I can withstand a good amount of pain. Then the 2 current stones, the larger was 5mm & the smaller 1-2mm. I was instructed to drink loads of water post procedure to help the kidneys process & flush the stone fragments. I spent in total 3-4 days passing fragments. Not much real hard pain, would feel a twinge here & there, but nothing to get worked up about. So thats where we are. I hope his is easy as well. And your pink band looks delish with Bubbalah, such a beautiful diamond she is!!

@Tekate, finding a doctor is 90% of the battle IMHO. & it seams as though you are making progress & getting your 'upkeep' handled. :)) I think its pretty cool you moved to be with family & are enjoying your grand daughter. Glad you like Austin, & building a new home would be something I would thoroughly enjoy. I lived for 17 years in the SW & adored it--something about the area I found enchanting.

@bling_dream19 I love that you went ahead & re-took those photos, you'll have those forever, kudos to you! Thank you for sharing your dress & jewelry photos, it was fun to see--I bet you looked stunning!

@Mamabean Am so sorry that zircon ring didn't work out...you are quite nice to not return it & ask for a refund! Oh well, perhaps you can re-do something with it to make it more appealing. I know what you mean about not bonding with the piece & feeling like you could throw it away. Its hard when you are disappointed in something. Hang in there, but do keep it, with time, I hope your opinion will improve!

@Jimmianne Don't you just love a good bargain?!? To find what you wanted, & at your size, & then at a discount--makes the deal so delicious!! Kudos to you!

@junebug17 I hope you are doing well & had a nice weekend!

We have had a relaxing weekend, we were to go out to dinner Sat night to celebrate V Day, but it was bitter cold, so we just stayed in & had Lebanese take out, fine with me. I made a chicken chinese dish that DH likes tonight. I have a regular week coming up with bridge, weights, swimming, etc. That's about it.

Jack is doing well with his new ramp, thankfully. He finally started using it early last week, both up & down. We positioned it so he didn't have any other choice but to use the ramp if he wanted to get up to the couch. He is looking so old & frail to me these days. Bless his little heart. He's at the front door asking to come in after digging somewhere, you can't easily tell, but his mouth & whiskers are covered with dirt. Had to get him cleaned up before he was allowed in. Like having a 2 year old!
IMG_4846.jpeg
And of course, the bling....have a fabulous week ahead everyone!! :wavey:
IMG_4868.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sarahb, Jack is a beautiful boy! It's great he's finally using the ramp. Glad you're feeling well. Your rings are absolutely stunning! Have a great week.

@marcy, you were busy this weekend...sorry the store was closed though...you'll just have to plan another trip lol. Congrats on lifting 85 pounds, that is just awesome. I love all the Valentine's Day shenanigans that went on at your house.

@Jimmianne, congrats on getting some good deals! Love when that happens.

@missy, great to hear Greg is recovering so well; hard to be laid up and I'm sure he's happy to be up and around. Potter sounds like a sweetheart and it's nice he found a home so soon. I'm thinking Oliver will settle down once he gets a little older; he's still pretty young.

@Niffler75, so good to hear you're feeling positive about your son's teacher. Sounds like you made his birthday very special and he had a great time.

@AV_, glad you're enjoying your work right now. Those flowers are just gorgeous. Hopefully you can make it to that gallery soon.

@Austina, I ended up binge-watching The Stranger! I really enjoyed it...love mysteries and thrillers. My brother hasn't done anything differently, just has nights where he sleeps a little better. No rhyme or reason to it. So sorry your shoulder is acting up and I hope it's better soon.

@Tekate, great news that your tests came out well but sorry about the cholesterol. Good you're on top of it and the Crestor will help. Sorry about your hip pain. So cute that Auti loves her grandpa so much. And so exciting she's taking tiny steps.

@bling_dream19 , so glad you and dh had a great Valentine's Day. It's too bad the 5 stone didn't work out. I have that Costco ring you posted lol! Mine is 1.25 carats though. I'm sorry it's not comfortable for you. If I come across something I'll let you know.

@Mamabean, I hope you're feeling a little better about the ring. Can you return it? Maybe that would bring you the most peace.

Things are good here, the family is doing well. DS and dd seem busy and happy. Ds pops in once in a while, which is nice. Quiet weekend. Today dh worked on cleaning up the office...a never ending job!...and we watched some golf. He has off tomorrow but we have nothing special planned. He'll probably end up working lol.

Hope everyone has a good start to their week!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI'S!

Life has been moving fast around here the last couple of days...I hope everyone had a nice Valentines Day & a nice weekend too. I am behind a bit with everyones responses so will try to catch up!

@Austina : I play 2x a week & love it. I have a bridge lesson on Fridays, & play with friends on Mondays. I am amazed at this game, after playing for 3 solid years, am still learning. I do have a membership with the national ACBL (American Contract Bridge League), and can play with the local chapter & accumulate Master points if I choose, but don't because I don't feel good enough yet. Maybe this next fall. Glad you seem to be doing well--hope your shoulder has improved.

@marcy Well, our nice easy winter just disappeared, & now we are back to true winter here. The usual frequent snow fall & cold temps. Everyone who lives in an area with a robust winter probably experiences the same. Hang in there & good for you with your lifting! I love astrology, & wished I knew more, had even bought a telescope & star maps as young person. It's so interesting. Where I live now has so much light pollution, can't really see much at all. I'd have to drive quite a distance to reach a 'good' spot. When I lived in NM, the night skies were incredible. I'll never forget those skies. I love seeing all the rabbits & their antics, what a sense of humor you & Marty have!

@missy, Its fun to see your daily walk photos, glad you & Greg are getting out. It's always amazed me with some of my surgeries how hard the recovery process has been, but if you stick to the plan, everything works out--& it sure looks & sounds like he's doing well. Follow-up to the lithotripsy is a standard followup appointment next week & another KUB to check on the kidney stone(s). I originally had 1, which he thinks I must of passed, & I don't recall having pain, but who knows--I can withstand a good amount of pain. Then the 2 current stones, the larger was 5mm & the smaller 1-2mm. I was instructed to drink loads of water post procedure to help the kidneys process & flush the stone fragments. I spent in total 3-4 days passing fragments. Not much real hard pain, would feel a twinge here & there, but nothing to get worked up about. So thats where we are. I hope his is easy as well. And your pink band looks delish with Bubbalah, such a beautiful diamond she is!!

@Tekate, finding a doctor is 90% of the battle IMHO. & it seams as though you are making progress & getting your 'upkeep' handled. :)) I think its pretty cool you moved to be with family & are enjoying your grand daughter. Glad you like Austin, & building a new home would be something I would thoroughly enjoy. I lived for 17 years in the SW & adored it--something about the area I found enchanting.

@bling_dream19 I love that you went ahead & re-took those photos, you'll have those forever, kudos to you! Thank you for sharing your dress & jewelry photos, it was fun to see--I bet you looked stunning!

@Mamabean Am so sorry that zircon ring didn't work out...you are quite nice to not return it & ask for a refund! Oh well, perhaps you can re-do something with it to make it more appealing. I know what you mean about not bonding with the piece & feeling like you could throw it away. Its hard when you are disappointed in something. Hang in there, but do keep it, with time, I hope your opinion will improve!

@Jimmianne Don't you just love a good bargain?!? To find what you wanted, & at your size, & then at a discount--makes the deal so delicious!! Kudos to you!

@junebug17 I hope you are doing well & had a nice weekend!

We have had a relaxing weekend, we were to go out to dinner Sat night to celebrate V Day, but it was bitter cold, so we just stayed in & had Lebanese take out, fine with me. I made a chicken chinese dish that DH likes tonight. I have a regular week coming up with bridge, weights, swimming, etc. That's about it.

Jack is doing well with his new ramp, thankfully. He finally started using it early last week, both up & down. We positioned it so he didn't have any other choice but to use the ramp if he wanted to get up to the couch. He is looking so old & frail to me these days. Bless his little heart. He's at the front door asking to come in after digging somewhere, you can't easily tell, but his mouth & whiskers are covered with dirt. Had to get him cleaned up before he was allowed in. Like having a 2 year old!
IMG_4846.jpeg
And of course, the bling....have a fabulous week ahead everyone!! :wavey:
IMG_4868.jpeg

Jack is such a sweetheart!
And your bling is so beautiful. Just seeing these photos gets the week off to a good start.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday to you. Hope a wonderful weekend was enjoyed by all and that your week is off to a good start.

@missy Good morning Missy! thank you so much for all your kind words, you make me feel happy and good! Yes, John and I have evolved into a very happy, good and silly couple. We still get into some rip roaring fights but we manage to get through it. We were in this marriage for the long haul back in the 80s :) like you and Greg. Missy maybe you do need another furkid..it may give Ollie something to do with his rambunctious energy! Is Ollie very loud? I have read that feral cats are quieter than cats raised by humans. Your heart will tell you if it is the right time. Missy, Greg is a keeper just on his cooking.. the man is a whiz.. your veggies look delicious! John and I did laundry yesterday, since it was overdue! things are smelling better here ;-) glad you had a wonderful walk.. you both look wonderful Missy really just happy!. xoxoxoxoxo

Dear Kate the Great! Good morning. We both managed to find amazing DHs (as many of the NIRDIs have) who love us so much and take great care of us as we do them. I say we but I am not really including myself in that as I have no domestic skills whatsoever. But to be fair Greg went into this marriage eyes wide open as he knew all my faults and deficiencies before we got married having been together for 5 full years before our wedding. I made it clear as I wanted him not to be surprised at all. And he wasn't lol. But I digress. Maybe on the furry baby addition. We shall see. Our hands are so full though and if we get another challenging cat we will be up that proverbial creek so that is my hesitation. We saw furry babies this weekend yesterday and Saturday and while I was tempted both days we didn't come home with any new babies. More on that below. Glad you accomplished all your laundry yesterday!

So I got my blood tests back, everything is fine EXCEPT cholesterol, I have a score of 9.5 which means I have a chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years of like 10%, so the physician recommended Crestor or something, so I'm going to try it. @Slick1 my inflammation levels fine, WBC good so I doubt I have anymore infection, what do you think? did you ever have good counts but still infected? thanks if you read this! even my alkphos numbers were within normal level whooo hooo, they are always slightly out of range. I like my new physician, she's quiet :) so next up: dentist, colonoscopy, and the visit to the orthopedic surgeon. whew. all in all it was better than I thought it was going to be. ETA: I need a mammo too, until I can get access to my damn records in Maine I'm not sure when I had my mammo, I know I'm due for a complete physical in April but I think I had mammos earlier.. frustrating.

I am glad you like your doctor! I am not happy about your cholesterol risk but I also would say consider other options besides statins if you can. I haven't researched them so don't want to act like an authority but I know a number of people who experienced negative side effects from Statins. Did your doctor do tests that measured the size of your cholesterol molecules? That (if I am remembering correctly) is more important than your cholesterol number. Yay for your alk phosphatase being normal! Woohoo! Good luck with the dentist and your orthopedic surgeon and your colonoscopy. (((HUGS))).

@missy that’s great Greg is doing so well and you are taking so many walks every day. I totally believe the swelling in Greg’s knees will go down. After my orthoscopic knee surgery seems like they were swollen for about 6 weeks. There is nothing wrong with being a nervous nellie about sweet Greg. I agree, it’s fun to get a sugar coma; the recovery not so much. I do like my sweets though. I totally enjoyed your pictures. Too funny about the cape - what is your alter ego superhero name? Bubbalah looks fabulous as always and Oliver is growing. Sweet that Greg made you Sweet Potatoes. I am still working on laundry too. It’s never ending.

Haha true. It is never ending. The sweet potatoes are yummy and the grilled onions too. Sorry I forgot to take a photo of those. Hmm my alter ego superhero name. Good question. I will have to think of that one and get back to you.:lol: What would your superhero name be Marcy?

Oh is it bad after I read your post all I could see was mini cheesecake hahaha. Darn you did it to me again. Making me long for dessert at 5:30 AM in the morning lol. You had a productive weekend indeed. Sweet Marty got a new band though darn he couldn't re-size his old one. Glad you didn't spend too much at Duluth. You did more laundry than I did this weekend but to be fair I do it every few days. And at the beach house every day. LOL. I like my sheets and towels cleaned daily if possible and of course clothes too. But I digress. Darn your fave sapphire store was closed yesterday. Need to make up for that next weekend. :cheeky: Sweet you got to lift yesterday and almost finished your March astronomy letter short of some tweaking. You have been productive. Note: let Marty do the sheets. I have Greg do them because while my arms are super long I still dont have the strength to put them on our King bed so Greg does the sheets. That is your solution Marcy haha. Oh and I love the Aston Martin and in a deep red sounds right our alley. It would be sweet if you got that car but then I think all that money could be spent towards bling...:devil:

The season is not over - proof below to all who NIRDI, & neither is my paper; day over!

Wow, that is a gorgeous tree speaking of bling and rivals any bling. Mother Nature knows what she is doing. Breathtaking. Thank you for sharing @AV_ and hope your paper is getting written albeit slowly. Surely, slowly and steady is what wins that proverbial race. Have a good Monday dear AV.

Thank you for the update and so happy and pleased you are doing so well! One of Greg's stones is 12 mm so hoping he does as well re the Lithotripsy as you have done. Glad your pain was minimal and may all your stones be gone and no more pain at all. Good luck with your followups. Thank you for the lovely ring compliments and right back at ya because your ring makes my heart do flip flops. More on that below.

Oh my gosh, Jack is looking so handsome! And your ring is amazing. My heart did a big flip flop when I saw the photo you shared of both Jack and your ring. Both make my heart beat faster. :love:

So glad you had a great relaxing weekend. And take in is always good as opposed to braving the freezing temps and snow. Sounds like you have a good week coming up. Thank you so much for sharing your photos and seriously your ring is TDF gorgeous. :kiss2:

I'm super excited for the 3 rings coming so I really don't need a 5 stone right now lol. We really need to figure out where we are living lol. @missy can understand the beauty of the JS! Life is short and it's so hard to make decisions. And great to hear marriage advice and stories from you and to see all the great examples here.

Oh I am super excited for you @bling_dream19
You have a lot of delicious rings coming and I agree. Let's wait and see what your wish list is after you get all your blingy goodies.

Things are good here, the family is doing well. DS and dd seem busy and happy. Ds pops in once in a while, which is nice. Quiet weekend. Today dh worked on cleaning up the office...a never ending job!...and we watched some golf. He has off tomorrow but we have nothing special planned. He'll probably end up working lol.

Sounds like a lovely weekend and I am glad things are going well Junie. Pleased for you that DS and DD are busy and happy and that you enjoyed a quiet weekend. Cleaning up is a never ending job and glad your DH is on top of that re his office. Nice you enjoyed golf watching too. Hope you both have a lovely Presidents Day Monday. And that your DH doesn't have to end up working from home.

@Slick1 hugs and have a good day and enjoy the few days you have before school again. And please rest and recuperate and sending you continued healing hugs and vibes and good thoughts. (((HUGS))).

@Scandinavian you are in my thoughts and big hugs to you.

@Jimmianne good morning dear. Have a lovely Monday. And big hugs. I LOVE the dancing so freaking much. You are a rock star! XOXO.

We enjoyed a good Sunday. Visited different rescues and saw the women there that we love and haven't seen since last March so that was a happy reunion indeed. And I got the funniest photo. A cat that looks like Fred (and super sweet to boot) plus a photo of our friend's MI's cat and Greg just happened to be showing a photo of Fred to RA (who was sitting next to him and she is blocked in the photo as she is sitting behind MI) as MI was showing me her cat's photo while holding the other cat that looks like both Fred and her cat. OMG I know it's confusing but this photo was totally by chance that it got Fred in it. :lol:

animalrescuefredslookalikes.png

I was so tempted to take home this baby who is a mush and 7 years old but I do not think he would play with Oliver. Sigh. But look at that. MI's cat in her photo and Fred's photo in the background and then C IRL who looks like both of them. OMG and so much preciousness. :kiss2:

All in all a wonderful day. Off to PT soon. Maybe see you later and have a lovely morning dear girls.
Leaving you with a photo of my new hat. Got a few compliments on it first day I was wearing it. It's the color. Love it. Very blue. (((Hugs))) to all of you.

missyandgregkissingwalkonsunday.png

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@sarahb, Jack is a beautiful boy! It's great he's finally using the ramp. Glad you're feeling well. Your rings are absolutely stunning! Have a great week.

@marcy, you were busy this weekend...sorry the store was closed though...you'll just have to plan another trip lol. Congrats on lifting 85 pounds, that is just awesome. I love all the Valentine's Day shenanigans that went on at your house.

@Jimmianne, congrats on getting some good deals! Love when that happens.

@missy, great to hear Greg is recovering so well; hard to be laid up and I'm sure he's happy to be up and around. Potter sounds like a sweetheart and it's nice he found a home so soon. I'm thinking Oliver will settle down once he gets a little older; he's still pretty young.

@Niffler75, so good to hear you're feeling positive about your son's teacher. Sounds like you made his birthday very special and he had a great time.

@AV_, glad you're enjoying your work right now. Those flowers are just gorgeous. Hopefully you can make it to that gallery soon.

@Austina, I ended up binge-watching The Stranger! I really enjoyed it...love mysteries and thrillers. My brother hasn't done anything differently, just has nights where he sleeps a little better. No rhyme or reason to it. So sorry your shoulder is acting up and I hope it's better soon.

@Tekate, great news that your tests came out well but sorry about the cholesterol. Good you're on top of it and the Crestor will help. Sorry about your hip pain. So cute that Auti loves her grandpa so much. And so exciting she's taking tiny steps.

@bling_dream19 , so glad you and dh had a great Valentine's Day. It's too bad the 5 stone didn't work out. I have that Costco ring you posted lol! Mine is 1.25 carats though. I'm sorry it's not comfortable for you. If I come across something I'll let you know.

@Mamabean, I hope you're feeling a little better about the ring. Can you return it? Maybe that would bring you the most peace.

Hope everyone has a good start to their week!

Hi Junie thanks for your sweet post! Glad you had a good weekend binge watching! I love to do that! I'm joining you and your husband in cleaning and organizing never ending lol. Ok so you have the costco 1.25 5 stone? I've seen
it online and it looks beautiful! How does it feel between the fingers? I would love to see pics but no pressure as always!
Have a great day to all!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
That is a cute smooch Missy! You and Greg are adorable and I LOVE your new blue hat! Blue is your color for sure. I agree I need to wait until the rings come in and then decide if I really need or want a 5 stone. Hubby says he really likes me in a band lol I've got to please my husband right?! I am very grateful for what I have. I cant believe its Monday! Heading to work soon and hoping everyone has a relaxing, enjoyable and productive Monday. Hugs to all.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
That is a cute smooch Missy! You and Greg are adorable and I LOVE your new blue hat! Blue is your color for sure. I agree I need to wait until the rings come in and then decide if I really need or want a 5 stone. Hubby says he really likes me in a band lol I've got to please my husband right?! I am very grateful for what I have. I cant believe its Monday! Heading to work soon and hoping everyone has a relaxing, enjoyable and productive Monday. Hugs to all.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@marcy thanks for the ring compliment but you're right it's too thick. It looks like most of your rings have thinner shank and I'm with you girl! Marty got a new ring? Exciting! I'd love to see! I LOVE Duluth but have never been in a store, just ordered online. Their clothes really last and don't shrink.
Hi @Austina @Mamabean @Tekate @Jimmianne @A_V @Scandinavian @canuk-gal and hello to those I may have missed, need to do spreadsheet lol. I hope everyone has a great week!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@junebug17 :wavey: Hi, thanks for your kind words. I am hugely relieved that we seem to have found a teacher and school that will provide the right support and environment for my son.
Birthdays are bittersweet here. He had a good day but unfortunately we can't do all the things that most kids do for their special day as it's too much for him. He can't really cope with other kids and sadly wider family do not understand his needs and most do not bother to send anything for his birthday. :(sad So while I enjoy the day and make it the best I can, I always have a bit of an emotional slump afterwards.

So I am sitting feeling a bit sorry for myself! I am watching the fave recipes thread with interest as I do love to cook.
I wonder @Mamabean, so you mind me asking if you felt similar at times?

I am keeping up with everyone's news. x

Reactions: AV_

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 :wavey: Hi, thanks for your kind words. I am hugely relieved that we seem to have found a teacher and school that will provide the right support and environment for my son.
Birthdays are bittersweet here. He had a good day but unfortunately we can't do all the things that most kids do for their special day as it's too much for him. He can't really cope with other kids and sadly wider family do not understand his needs and most do not bother to send anything for his birthday. :(sad So while I enjoy the day and make it the best I can, I always have a bit of an emotional slump afterwards.

So I am sitting feeling a bit sorry for myself! I am watching the fave recipes thread with interest as I do love to cook.
I wonder @Mamabean, so you mind me asking if you felt similar at times?

I am keeping up with everyone's news. x

@Niffler75 Yes..I’ve been through it...It was very hard when David was little because at the time everyone thought Autism was caused by a cold mother...He also has a low IQ..so that’s a challenge too...It was VERY hard because I knew he was born that way..and it had nothing to do with me..I had older people that still believed that and would say horrific things to me..I would cry...It was a terrible period. David’s behavior was really bad..He put his head through windows and broke my nose...or dislocated it if that’s possible. I remember having to snap it back and it blew up and stretched it out from swelling. Everyone had something to say about why David was the way he was. I was very depressed...but I do have a “happy gene” quoted from one of David’s doctors at the time...lol..I would have really bad days...Now that David is 34 it is MUCH easier because people know it wasn‘t my fault..so that’s huge...I also have a thicker skin so that helps...I wish I could do things at the spur of the moment like other people my age with typical children..I still feel sorry for myself sometimes but it’s short lived. I’m very grateful to have him. He made me and everyone in my family better people for it. I admire you for adopting your son with special needs. It says a lot to me about what a special person you are...Much love and hugs to you..xxxooo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niffler75 good afternoon! How did the birthday party go? Gosh I must have missed your post about that. Sometimes I feel like I’m sleepwalking through the days. Lol and Oy. Hope you all had a wonderful day! And a lovely weekend.

ETA OK just saw your update. (((Hugs)))
You’re doing an amazing job and one day at a time. Your son knows he’s loved and cherished and he’s safe and happy and remember one day, one step at a time. (((Hugs))).

@Mamabean (((hugs))) to you and David too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you dear @bling_dream19 ♥️ and right back at ya. You guys are a wonderful couple. ♥️
And yes if your DH insists on you needing more bling I say yassssss. 8-)
Have a lovely day at work and happy Monday. XOXO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick post. Just got home from PT and Greg did the bike today woohoo. Coming along!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

That’s so sad @Niffler75 but please tell your little guy that all his PS Aunties have sent him bucketloads of wishes for his birthday and look forward to hearing all about him. You’re a great Mum and he’s a lucky boy that you found each other. When does he start with the new teacher?

That blossom is spectacular @AV_ none on the trees here yet, but my camelia is blooming and so are my daffodils.

I do remember when a lot of people thought autistic children were just badly behaved or badly brought up @Mamabean, thankfully more is known now and people are more aware, but I can imagine how hard it was for you, not just having to deal with the reality of living with it but dealing with ignorant comments too. You’ve been and continue to be, such a great mother. I think I can honestly say, I’m not sure I’d have been able to cope as well as you have.

Oh @missy, I can well see why you were so tempted by that lovely boy, that gorgeous face, but I think you’re wise to be cautious after everything you’ve been through this last year. Ollie is still a baby, and may settle down. We used to call the phase of 2-3 years with our Sheepdogs, their Jubilant Deliquent phase :lol: Once we’d got through that year, they were fine. Sadly I used to see lots of 2-3 year olds being put up for rehoming, because frankly, they could be pretty hard work. Greg is doing so well and must be feeling stronger every day, you’ll soon be back cycling for real! Your hat looks great, but then everything looks great on you:D

What lovely gifts @bling_dream19, I wear a 2mm plain platinum band with Bella, as I like her to be the star, and I haven’t found any other bands that look good. I have several bands, but none of them go. I thought I was the only one on PS that didn’t find some bands too big to be comfortable. Hopefully, you’ll find the perfect 5 stone band at some stage, but in the meantime, you have all your other lovely things to looks forward to.

Well I’m disappointed in you @marcy :mrgreen: You really didn’t plan that trip well. Fancy getting to the store when it was closed, you’re going to have to try harder next time:lol: Nice to go out to eat, any no cooking day is a good day. Phooey to putting your finger through the sheet, I’ve done that at times with the mattress protector.

Glad all is well with you and your family @junebug17 I had to laugh at your VD cartoon, that just about sums us up. After all these years together, we don’t really feel the need to go overboard, although we did have a nice dinner on Saturday evening. We spent yesterday watching another Harlan Coben Netflix series called Safe, it was really good, even better than the Stranger.

I hope all your new Drs work out @Tekate, and that you find a good dentist., after hearing about your and Slick’s experience, as well as all the problems Kim has had, I’m not feeling optimistic that we’ll find someone good. I must admit that in the past, when Colin and I have had issues, I found it best to say nothing until I calm down because I think it’s too easy to say something that you’ll later regret, and once something’s been said, it can’t be unheard. I’m really hoping things are going to get started on your house soon, mainly because I’m so nosy and want to see what’s happening :lol: Adam & Kim are fine, his best friend became a father on Thursday, so happy for them as they lost a baby last year, fairly late, so this is the best news possible.

Your little doggie is so cute @sarahb, I hate it when they get old because you worry so. I think you really need to play regularly to be good at bridge, and we only ever played when we were on cruises, so very irregularly. I also think it’s important to play with people who play because they enjoy playing, and not just because they want to win. Oh my gosh, I :kiss2: your rings, they’re stunning, did you have a thread about them?

I hope all is well with you @Daisys and Diamonds, and I don’t think I’ve ever told you how much I enjoy your contributions to the royal jewellery thread.

Continuing to think of you and your family @Scandanavian and hoping that it’s all going well there.

Sending good thoughts out to @ringo865 and @Slick1 an hoping that things are good for both of you.

Hey @Jimmianne, have you found anymore bargains :P2?

It’s been an absolutely vile weekend here. We were hit by Storm Dennis, only a week after Ciara, and it didn’t stop, strong winds and lashing rain, we didn’t leave the house all weekend, stayed in and binge watched some Netflix series. One was the Safe, and the other was Shooter with Ryan Phillipe, we gave up on that after a few episodes.

We went to the gym this morning, and I just worked on my legs. I’ve given in and made an appt for Weds for my shoulder as it’s not getting any better, so I’m seeing the physio and will see what she says. We went to the driving range this afternoon, Colin didn’t hit any balls, but I did. Strangely, it doesn’t cause my shoulder any pain to hit the balls, go figure!

It’s calmer here thankfully, not sure if we’re expecting any more backlash from the storm, hopefully not because everywhere is very soggy here, but we’re lucky, lots of places around the country have been very badly hit.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good start to the week :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean :cry2: Can totally relate! The injuries from meltdowns, trashed rooms, judgement from others, feeling of isolation, having to fight for every bit of support! Feeling completely out of step with the world outside. I think it will be much better when transition into school has taken place but it is going to be a slow process.
Things are much better than they were as we now understand his needs but just sometimes life and exhaustion catch up with me!

@missy Thank you for your kind words! It is hard as I have been home edding for 4 years with very little support. Particularly annoying as the authority we adopted were not entirely up front with giving us all the info we needed thus delaying a diagnosis and getting support. That is a whole other issue that needs addressing but will have to wait till I have the emotional resources.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina Thank you so much! Two of my son's aunts and uncles did not even bother with his birthday. The one who did sent a voucher late with no card!
Needless to say we have never forgotten any of our nieces/nephews birthdays in turn! It's so sad! ::)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy yes GRUMPY men :) thank you for all the kind things you said to me. Appreciate them, arthritis is a pain in the ass for sure. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend, and sheets, they are the bane of my life, John makes the bed, I either hurt my shoulder or my back or both. I would love a real, blue sapphire Marcy, but with building a house all the money is going there, as it should. :) I'm not particularly wanting anything else or rather NEED anything else but I would like the sapphire, and a pearl, had a pearl from my exhusband, threw it away when we divorced, what a moron I was, I was very angry then. oh well can't change time either Marcy :) have a great day off hopefully xoxoxo

@sarahb don't worry about keeping up, it's impossible, I try to look everyday but now here in Austin with more family I'm busier.. You are so cool, bridge is way over my head but my husband and inlaws loved it. :) and Sarah, my upkeep is expensive these days! also I need a crane to get on the examining table! Your pup is adorable, my dog doesn't dig BUT my son's dog is Jack Russell and chihuahua and boy that pup digs, everytime he comes over here my son has to rush him into the tub! love his dog but he's a BARKER! :) have a wonderful week! xoxo

@junebug17 Hi June you sound great, life is good. Do you love golf? I never played I have ADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD and last about 10 minutes.. ;-) it's great your son pops in, now my son pops in too! it's a good life.. makes me happy too. You have a great week June, are you in the NE or SE? either place, hope the weather is good. xoxoxoxo

Hello marvelous @missy ! yes, we all lucked out with good men, good men marry fantastic women! I know this. A kitten, pix again! do it Missy just do it! xo on that. So as to the cholesterol, you make very good points and that is why I didn't start it last year, my cholesterol went up from Maine to here, now it could just be a difference of machines, how the numbers are done etc.. I always have a fantastic good cholesterol just the bad one is always 230 or so.. it was my understand that the biggest problem with taking cholesterol meds is your liver, my liver numbers were very good, but that does not mean after taking this stuff that my liver #s won't go sky high, it creates fatty liver in people I know.. I'm on the fence on it and I sincerely appreciate your help and thoughts believe me! my bestie's husband had high cholesterol and had to have a stent put in his artery (actually 2) but then SHE decided they were going vegan and his numbers went down to low she wishes he hadn't had the stents.. I will say they do break their vegan died when we go to brunch :) but changing my eating habits Missy is something to think about. My physician here said studies are showing that it's natural cholesterol that is the problem, so that is why statins are good. my friends husband is off statins totally. She is a big believer in holistic medicine and I believe her! they are doing very well health wise and actually life wise :) So GLAD P/T went well Missy, Greg is an athlete like you and I am not surprised at all, he's a hard worker on his physical well being.. just another reason why I now what a wonderful man he is :) xo I agree with you on the beautiful cat, but you need a playmate for Ollie true! don't you wish you could take them all? I DO! everytime.. loves you much Missy girl. xo

@bling_dream19 Hola! have a great week, more bling more bling! :) xoxoxo

@Niffler75 that sucks. BUT let me tell you about my sister, the one I miss like I miss my mom, I loved her, BUT she wasn't very forthcoming in life with love, she really had a hard time loving anyone she said, I always think that is why I tried to hard to be close to her, I don't think she ever wanted that. When she had her daughter in '80 she told me that she never loved ANYONE till her daughter, crushed me, but I kept trying.. Because my sister kept her emotions SO IN CHECK it was her downfall. So anyone she has 2 kids born in 0 and 82 and I have 2 kids born in 87 and 91 I never missed a bday on her kids, ever but she never sent a card, call or anything for my boys, nope. The ONLY time she ever sent my kids anything was one Xmas when my mom and dad were coming up to Raleigh from FL to have xmas with us. On XMAS eve at 7:00 pm UPS rings the bell and there is an envelope and I open it up and it's 2 cards for my sons, with 25.00$ gift certs at Toys R Us AND it cost her 50.00$ bucks to send that (cause I looked at how much it cost to send!)..She didn't want my parents to think bad of her I suppose.. I thought it odd. So my sister never came to anything (i'm Katie's godmother and her confirmation sponsor) I'm going on and on.. sorry, we are who we are and that is it.. I'd rather have my sister here enjoying her grandson, granddaughter and her kids and my BIL that is the truth. But I will tell you it hurts when people you give to cannot give back, but take pride in the fact that YOU are a giver. xoxoxo

Hola @Austina you would have coped just fine Austina, you are a lovely woman, and VERY strong.. I love Bella. (just threw that in because I DO!).. Austina you are so right about 'open mouth, put foot in' syndrome, my mother said I had a 'helluva big mouth Catherine' :) I was good with my new physician here. I like her, she's not emotional per se but thinks. I am starting anew before all things go haywire I suppose. Looking forward to seeing you again this year :) xoxoxox

@Jimmianne hey! sending dance vibes! xoxox

@AV_ love love your pictures! as always :) xoxox

@Scandinavian sending healing and loving vibes your way! xoxox

So we didn't go to the lot yesterday because Mike and Auti come over for dinner at 3:30 ;-) so we spent the day with him and sweetiepie Auti. Had a wonderful time and I made a pork loin, smashed red taters and overdone broccoli! not much else new. Holiday in the USA for those aren't in the USA. love you guys!

BBL maybe!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much going on here! But what stood out in a very brief preliminary scan was that Greg is on a bike!

And then something about a jubilant delinquent… :lol:
That must either be Oliver, or someone’s husband.

I got so sick of my superly too-long hair this morning that I cut off three inches before washing it. Liberation!!! Just doing that made it look 100% better, even if one side is noticeably longer.
(Disclosure: I have a hair cut appointment in two days...so I didn’t do anything that radical, but still it took a bit if courage to dive right in with the scissors!)
Sadly, no bargains planned today. There is always tomorrow though.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Tekate I really appreciate you sharing your experiences and your kind words. Gosh families are complicated!
It's so sad when we talked to family members about adopting and everyone was 'oh yes, fantastic. You have our support' yada yada and so on! Then it comes to nothing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I just can't keep up to this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold temps for the next two days--I walked yesterday in warmish weather....icy roads. I survived. Made a nice supper for my family--we had a lovely day together and watched some silly Fast and Furious movie LOL.

Maybe we'll go bowling today.....

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@sarahb us winter dwellers have to be hearty but we’ve only got 3 1/2 months left. I bet the night skies were great in places in NM. We use to observe from a spot at 9100 feet and pitch black skies; it was amazing. Marty and I do amuse ourselves. Jack is a cutie and saying please let me in mom. I hope the ramp works well for him. Love your rings; absolutely gorgeous.

@junebug17 I was sad my favorite jewelry store was closed on Saturday but maybe I can go shopping there again soon. One of the two stores in Denver is 2 miles from our corporate office maybe I should make an effort to go “visit” someone. I lifted 86 pounds yesterday; I’m slowly working towards 100 pounds. Thank you for your support. Yes, shenanigans abound around here. I’ll have to watch the Stranger. Sounds good. That’s great DD and DS are happy and busy. We watched golf on Sunday as well. I hope your DH relaxed on his day off. Marty came home from the gym this morning and sent me a text asking me where I was; I said work. He thought I had a holiday; sadly I did not.

@Jimmianne do you have any new gorgeous rings coming this week? You are brave to cut your own hair. I tried it once when I was in college; bad idea!

@missy sadly I can’t think of any superhero names for us; Marty always calls me “Distracto” when we are in the car does that work? Cheesecake works for breakfast, cheese, milk and eggs are involved. I’ve only got 4 of them left so they’ll be gone soon. They just ordered Marty a replacement band like the one he had so that was nice. I did tell Marty putting the fitted sheet on was his job from now on. That Aston Marten was a sweet looking car. Yes you lost me for a minute in your story of the Fred and Fred Look A Like picture but once I saw the picture I got it; they do look alike. Love your new blue hat; it looks very warm. Woo hoo Greg rode the bike today!

@bling_dream19 I wish we had a Costco; one of my wish lists RHR is a 5 stone (1.25 ctw) with diamonds and sapphires. I don’t mind thick bands; I am actually liking them more but I don’t like the diamonds or gems going around the side - if that makes sense. I’ll post a picture of Marty’s ring - it couldn’t be sized so they gave him a new ring for only $300 (we had to pay 1/2 of it). I am excited to have a Duluth trading store nearby; they have warm clothes.

@Niffler75 I think the day you planned for your son to celebrate his birthday is perfect. He sounds like he was excited and has a great time; that is what is important. I hope the world looks brighter to you today. It breaks my heart that some of your son’s aunts and uncles don’t send him a card. Families can be so disappointing.

@Mamabean I am sorry you had to deal with such hurtful and ignorant comments when David was younger. You are a wonderful mother to David and it sounds like you and David are blessed to have each other.

@Austina I don’t mind channel set diamonds or gemstones curving around between my fingers but I find prong mounted stones on the side bug me. Most of my bands are 2 to 3 mm wide mostly because I think it makes the stone look bigger. I definitely am with you wanting a band that doesn’t take away from your gorgeous Bella. We didn’t leave for Denver until about noon on Saturday and the store I like closes at 5. I didn’t know Marty was going to take me there or I would have planned better. The jewelry store where we got his band is open until 6. I’ve learned as well to calm down before I discuss a problem with Marty; I tend to blurt things out when I’m emotional and don’t choose my words well. Luckily I’m generally calm these days. I am so happy Adam and Kim’s friend had a baby. Sorry your weather has been so awful. I saw several stories on the damage. I hate to hear about your shoulder still bothering you; I hope the doctor has an quick and easy solution for you.

@Tekate you are welcome. Yes arthritis is a pain in the ass but to be honest that’s about the only part of my body that doesn’t hurt at times. Ha Ha. Sorry I had to be silly there. I am sure you’ll get a blue sapphire and a pearl sometime. Once you are in your new house you can start planning that next bling purchase. Darn that you threw out that pearl but I totally get it. I love sapphires (who would have guessed?) and those royal blues are my favorites. I do have a pearl ring but I never wear it. Iit doesn’t sparkle so I never pull it out. I have some pearl necklaces, earrings and bracelets that Marty got me in Hong Kong. I did have to work today but at least it wasn’t icy this morning. It made me sad that your beloved sister didn’t reach out to your sons for birthdays and holidays. I have 2 sisters and they brought a lot fo heartache to my parents and each other. I always kind of stayed out of their drama and antics but I sure wanted to smack both of them at times.

@canuk-gal it is hard to keep up with this thread. Stupid ice. I watched the news when I got home and the 10 day forecast has one day above freezing.

I don’t know what the stinking wind chill was when I got off work but I uttered some Gordon Ramsey words trying to get in my car after work. It had to be coming off an iceberg.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is Marty's ring. It's white and rose gold.
IMG_1755.JPG

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

@sarahb us winter dwellers have to be hearty but we’ve only got 3 1/2 months left. I bet the night skies were great in places in NM. We use to observe from a spot at 9100 feet and pitch black skies; it was amazing. Marty and I do amuse ourselves. Jack is a cutie and saying please let me in mom. I hope the ramp works well for him. Love your rings; absolutely gorgeous.

@junebug17 I was sad my favorite jewelry store was closed on Saturday but maybe I can go shopping there again soon. One of the two stores in Denver is 2 miles from our corporate office maybe I should make an effort to go “visit” someone. I lifted 86 pounds yesterday; I’m slowly working towards 100 pounds. Thank you for your support. Yes, shenanigans abound around here. I’ll have to watch the Stranger. Sounds good. That’s great DD and DS are happy and busy. We watched golf on Sunday as well. I hope your DH relaxed on his day off. Marty came home from the gym this morning and sent me a text asking me where I was; I said work. He thought I had a holiday; sadly I did not.

@Jimmianne do you have any new gorgeous rings coming this week? You are brave to cut your own hair. I tried it once when I was in college; bad idea!

@missy sadly I can’t think of any superhero names for us; Marty always calls me “Distracto” when we are in the car does that work? Cheesecake works for breakfast, cheese, milk and eggs are involved. I’ve only got 4 of them left so they’ll be gone soon. They just ordered Marty a replacement band like the one he had so that was nice. I did tell Marty putting the fitted sheet on was his job from now on. That Aston Marten was a sweet looking car. Yes you lost me for a minute in your story of the Fred and Fred Look A Like picture but once I saw the picture I got it; they do look alike. Love your new blue hat; it looks very warm. Woo hoo Greg rode the bike today!

@bling_dream19 I wish we had a Costco; one of my wish lists RHR is a 5 stone (1.25 ctw) with diamonds and sapphires. I don’t mind thick bands; I am actually liking them more but I don’t like the diamonds or gems going around the side - if that makes sense. I’ll post a picture of Marty’s ring - it couldn’t be sized so they gave him a new ring for only $300 (we had to pay 1/2 of it). I am excited to have a Duluth trading store nearby; they have warm clothes.

@Niffler75 I think the day you planned for your son to celebrate his birthday is perfect. He sounds like he was excited and has a great time; that is what is important. I hope the world looks brighter to you today. It breaks my heart that some of your son’s aunts and uncles don’t send him a card. Families can be so disappointing.

@Mamabean I am sorry you had to deal with such hurtful and ignorant comments when David was younger. You are a wonderful mother to David and it sounds like you and David are blessed to have each other.

@Austina I don’t mind channel set diamonds or gemstones curving around between my fingers but I find prong mounted stones on the side bug me. Most of my bands are 2 to 3 mm wide mostly because I think it makes the stone look bigger. I definitely am with you wanting a band that doesn’t take away from your gorgeous Bella. We didn’t leave for Denver until about noon on Saturday and the store I like closes at 5. I didn’t know Marty was going to take me there or I would have planned better. The jewelry store where we got his band is open until 6. I’ve learned as well to calm down before I discuss a problem with Marty; I tend to blurt things out when I’m emotional and don’t choose my words well. Luckily I’m generally calm these days. I am so happy Adam and Kim’s friend had a baby. Sorry your weather has been so awful. I saw several stories on the damage. I hate to hear about your shoulder still bothering you; I hope the doctor has an quick and easy solution for you.

@Tekate you are welcome. Yes arthritis is a pain in the ass but to be honest that’s about the only part of my body that doesn’t hurt at times. Ha Ha. Sorry I had to be silly there. I am sure you’ll get a blue sapphire and a pearl sometime. Once you are in your new house you can start planning that next bling purchase. Darn that you threw out that pearl but I totally get it. I love sapphires (who would have guessed?) and those royal blues are my favorites. I do have a pearl ring but I never wear it. Iit doesn’t sparkle so I never pull it out. I have some pearl necklaces, earrings and bracelets that Marty got me in Hong Kong. I did have to work today but at least it wasn’t icy this morning. It made me sad that your beloved sister didn’t reach out to your sons for birthdays and holidays. I have 2 sisters and they brought a lot fo heartache to my parents and each other. I always kind of stayed out of their drama and antics but I sure wanted to smack both of them at times.

@canuk-gal it is hard to keep up with this thread. Stupid ice. I watched the news when I got home and the 10 day forecast has one day above freezing.

I don’t know what the stinking wind chill was when I got off work but I uttered some Gordon Ramsey words trying to get in my car after work. It had to be coming off an iceberg.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is Marty's ring. It's white and rose gold.
IMG_1755.JPG

Very cool ring @marcy! I love the 2 tone rose gold!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you bling_dream19 I wouldn’t mind having a band like Marty’s band.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@marcy I am allergic to ice, snow and cold temps. SEVERE reaction! But your DH new ring does warm my heart! It's a looker all right...…...

Another family day....matinee (Jumanji 2 we all loved it) with popcorn and pop! Supper followed. Cold and snowy day but all in all good times.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

HI:

Cold temps for the next two days--I walked yesterday in warmish weather....icy roads. I survived. Made a nice supper for my family--we had a lovely day together and watched some silly Fast and Furious movie LOL.

Maybe we'll go bowling today.....

NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

I know! Me too! I try! Just glad you are here Sharon and no worries. Cold temps are not happy for me either. I feel your pain. Yesterday our weather was great but now it's getting colder again. Enjoy bowling if you go. I am no good at bowling. Too weak to throw the ball well. LOL and Oy Vey. :lol:

@marcy woohoo Marty is getting a replacement band and glad it worked out. I cannot think of any superhero names either and LOL to distracto. That would apply to me too haha. How about cat girl for me? Not cat lady because that has not great connotations but cat girl works. We just watched the Cat Rescuers on Amazon. It highlights Brooklyn rescue groups and our people are in the movie. It was great. I recommend it to anyone interested in this very important issue. There are as many strays on the streets as cats as pets in the home. Very sad. And in 2013 75% of the cats who were brought to the Animal Care and Control in NYC were put to death because no one adopted them :( But because of Brooklyn cat rescue groups that number went down to10%. Anyway lots of tears watching it but it was good. I chatted with one of the rescue group leaders in the movie last night and she is looking for us for a playmate for Oliver. Sigh. Not sure if this is a good idea but we shall see.

Sorry my story was confusing. Not sleeping takes its effect on my brain to be sure. And I am not always coherent when posting lol. But I try.

Marty's ring is gorgeous. LOVE it.

So much going on here! But what stood out in a very brief preliminary scan was that Greg is on a bike!

And then something about a jubilant delinquent… :lol:
That must either be Oliver, or someone’s husband.

I got so sick of my superly too-long hair this morning that I cut off three inches before washing it. Liberation!!! Just doing that made it look 100% better, even if one side is noticeably longer.
(Disclosure: I have a hair cut appointment in two days...so I didn’t do anything that radical, but still it took a bit if courage to dive right in with the scissors!)
Sadly, no bargains planned today. There is always tomorrow though.

Dear @Jimmianne yes Greg rode the stationary bike yesterday at PT woohoo.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 7.36.06 AM.png

I bet you look fantastic with your self accomplished hair cut. Please come here and cut my hair off. I keep struggling with cutting it all of because it is so thin and despite the fact I do not have a face for short hair it might just be the best thing for me since it is too thin. The problem is I couldn't wear my hair in a ponytail which is my go to now. And I love wearing it in a ponytail. That is my hesitation.

Hello marvelous @missy ! yes, we all lucked out with good men, good men marry fantastic women! I know this. A kitten, pix again! do it Missy just do it! xo on that. So as to the cholesterol, you make very good points and that is why I didn't start it last year, my cholesterol went up from Maine to here, now it could just be a difference of machines, how the numbers are done etc.. I always have a fantastic good cholesterol just the bad one is always 230 or so.. it was my understand that the biggest problem with taking cholesterol meds is your liver, my liver numbers were very good, but that does not mean after taking this stuff that my liver #s won't go sky high, it creates fatty liver in people I know.. I'm on the fence on it and I sincerely appreciate your help and thoughts believe me! my bestie's husband had high cholesterol and had to have a stent put in his artery (actually 2) but then SHE decided they were going vegan and his numbers went down to low she wishes he hadn't had the stents.. I will say they do break their vegan died when we go to brunch :) but changing my eating habits Missy is something to think about. My physician here said studies are showing that it's natural cholesterol that is the problem, so that is why statins are good. my friends husband is off statins totally. She is a big believer in holistic medicine and I believe her! they are doing very well health wise and actually life wise :) So GLAD P/T went well Missy, Greg is an athlete like you and I am not surprised at all, he's a hard worker on his physical well being.. just another reason why I now what a wonderful man he is :) xo I agree with you on the beautiful cat, but you need a playmate for Ollie true! don't you wish you could take them all? I DO! everytime.. loves you much Missy girl. xo

Great Kate @Tekate it sounds like you are on top of things re the cholesterol so maybe a change in food and exercise habits will help before you take Statins? IDK I would try before going on those meds but I hear you and respect whatever you decide. There are no clear cut right or wrong answers. I am dealing with a big (for me) problem health wise right now and I swear I want to give up. I won't but I am feeling more stressed than ever. I need this med for my life literally and now not sure what will happen. Will explain below. Yes I wish we could save all of the stray cats and dogs. We might adopt another cat. Read my reply to Marcy if you have the energy. (((HUGS))) to dear Kate the Great and wise and warm and wonderful. XOXOXO.

So we didn't go to the lot yesterday because Mike and Auti come over for dinner at 3:30 ;-) so we spent the day with him and sweetiepie Auti. Had a wonderful time and I made a pork loin, smashed red taters and overdone broccoli! not much else new. Holiday in the USA for those aren't in the USA. love you guys!

Yay to Mike and Auti coming over for dinner yesterday woohoo. Glad you got to spend the time with them. Love you Kate and love your family. XOXO.

@missy Thank you for your kind words! It is hard as I have been home edding for 4 years with very little support. Particularly annoying as the authority we adopted were not entirely up front with giving us all the info we needed thus delaying a diagnosis and getting support. That is a whole other issue that needs addressing but will have to wait till I have the emotional resources.

Yes it is so challenging. Why can't it be done correctly the first time. Sometimes it feels like hitting one's head against that proverbial wall and I feel your pain. Hugs to you and hope you get all the resources (emotional and otherwise) that you need. XOXO.

@Slick1 hugs to you dear friend. Hope you enjoy the last couple of days you have to recuperate and rest and feel well before heading back to work.

@Scandinavian shout out to you dear Scandi. How are you feeling? How's your mom doing? Hugs.

Oh @missy, I can well see why you were so tempted by that lovely boy, that gorgeous face, but I think you’re wise to be cautious after everything you’ve been through this last year. Ollie is still a baby, and may settle down. We used to call the phase of 2-3 years with our Sheepdogs, their Jubilant Deliquent phase :lol: Once we’d got through that year, they were fine. Sadly I used to see lots of 2-3 year olds being put up for rehoming, because frankly, they could be pretty hard work. Greg is doing so well and must be feeling stronger every day, you’ll soon be back cycling for real! Your hat looks great, but then everything looks great on you:D

You are too kind @Austina and right back at ya. You look wonderful in everything. Thanks for the wise words. So far he is not calming down but one can hope. Right now I have bigger issues but keep telling myself one day at a time. One hour at a time. One minute at a time.

It’s been an absolutely vile weekend here. We were hit by Storm Dennis, only a week after Ciara, and it didn’t stop, strong winds and lashing rain, we didn’t leave the house all weekend, stayed in and binge watched some Netflix series. One was the Safe, and the other was Shooter with Ryan Phillipe, we gave up on that after a few episodes.

We went to the gym this morning, and I just worked on my legs. I’ve given in and made an appt for Weds for my shoulder as it’s not getting any better, so I’m seeing the physio and will see what she says. We went to the driving range this afternoon, Colin didn’t hit any balls, but I did. Strangely, it doesn’t cause my shoulder any pain to hit the balls, go figure!

It’s calmer here thankfully, not sure if we’re expecting any more backlash from the storm, hopefully not because everywhere is very soggy here, but we’re lucky, lots of places around the country have been very badly hit.

Gosh, what awful weather. I am sorry. Hope it is continuing to calm down weather wise there. Glad you got to go to the gym. Nice. But sorry your shoulder isn't improving and hope the physio can help you. Sweet you hit the balls. Weird but sweet. Better luck to Colin next time.

@sarahb hope you are having a wonderful week. (((HUGS))).

@Mamabean how are you doing? How is David? What's new by you? When is the sprinkle?

@bling_dream19 please keep us in the bling loop. Cannot wait to see what your goodies are! Hugs sweet friend.

We enjoyed a good day Monday. Went to PT in the AM and then we walked with our friend M in the afternoon and also visited our favorite tea place. The weather was great and the company even better. M is going away for about a month next week and I already miss her lol.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 7.50.10 AM.png

Can you find my legs? Hahaha. I had herbal chocolate tea and so did M but hers was not herbal. Just chocolate. Greg had a cappuccino. Not my thing. No thanks to dairy. But he enjoyed it.

Got back home and we did around 4 miles woohoo.

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 7.35.52 AM.png

What has been on my mind since Sunday. I tried the new formation of one of my thyroid meds.For cost reasons it has been reformulated and is now being produced in Europe to save money. Sadly, for me, any many others, it is causing a bad reaction so I have to switch to another. The med I have to try (hypoallergenic) is $400 plus a month :( So I am upset. It's a for life med. And a med to keep me alive. Literally. Without a med to give me thyroid hormone I would not survive. My thyroid is almost non functional.

But more importantly it might not work for me and now there are no other options. I have tried them all but for this one. I finally thought I was good but then my NP was reformulated and I am overwhelmed and upset. Just wanted to share this with you because I feel very down about it. My endocrinologist is trying to help me but sadly now with NP being changed I am in trouble. Praying the other med will help but need to try finding it for less money because I am on a number of meds that are expensive and this is crazy. Enough about that and we will see what happens.

Today is a rainy day so not sure of our plans. Hopefully we will get to walk. As I wrote to Marcy above we watched the Cat Rescuers on Amazon Prime last night. If you can please watch it. About Brooklyn cat rescue groups and it was really moving. We personally know one of the leaders and she is amazing. Tara. I wrote about her before. Anyway she is looking for a playmate for Oliver but I know I know. Do we need extra stress right now? But we want Oliver to have a playmate and it would be a foster to adopt situation so not a lot of risk. Though RW is on my mind because you never know when introducing another cat. Oy. I don't want to live our life in fear though yanno?

OK sorry for a bit of a downer post today. Sending you all big hugs and lots of love and thanks for listening. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. XOXO.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy The reformulation matter is making me angry ,( Perhaps a suitable variant of your prescription is also done in Europe? It is not difficult to get a local prescription, just exotic; I've been often seeing specialists in different countries, just because some problem or other would hit while I kept moving between a couple of places. Even if you can pay, it is not a good game.

[almond flowers @Jimmianne ] rivals any bling.

I wonder if the good people who thought of cornflowers & lotus as standards for sapphire colors might agree; what I am seeing is a benchmark for subtle light pinks on gold - drastic trouble in terms of diamonds.

HI:

Amin!

-

I am writing without having read much, which is far below my standards.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, Greg. Lookin’ good!

Missy, my hair looked alarmingly thin on the crown (suddenly lost handfulls a few weeks ago, I am assuming from my illness in October) and just hacking off a few inches solved the appearance. But my hair was so long that now it is still three inches below my collarbone. I am going to have another couple of inches cut off tomorrow, but keep it just long enough to go up in a pony tail. Can’t stand hair in my face!

I am sorry about your health issues. It’s not fair, and I do hope there is a positive solution, and SOON.

Marcy, cool band! Like some kind of secret code ring. Do the parts move?

Sharon, I know you are looking foward to the day when you can tell us Spring has sprung for you. You are freezing, and I don’t like that. Your spiked boots have gotten enough wear for 2020!

Kate...Auti!!! Give her a hug from one of her PS aunts, OK?

Hi to everyone I have not mentioned XX

I have a Sepkus band arriving sometime today, and hopefully my box of Clinique makeup from Nordstroms that was supposed to arrive last week.
My young friend said that if I notice our neighbor David « glowing » it means the makeup went to the wrong address LOL

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@marcy :wavey: Hiya, thanks for your kind words. I am feeling brighter today, but just sometimes these thing just get to me. My son really did enjoy his birthday. He said 'I feel like the luckiest birthday boy!' :kiss2:
@Austina, are you still in one piece after the storms? We did not venture far this last weekend either and had family board games, movies and roast chicken!
@canuk-gal I don't get on well if the weather is either too cold or too hot. Darn ehlers danlos and it's associated problems. I have to take anti histamines daily or my body just won't play ball!
@marcy I really really like that band ring. My husband just won't wear anything like that so I have to settle for buying him nice watches!
@missy I wish I could reach out and give you a great big hug. I am vaguely aware of the meds issues for hypothyroidism. So sorry you are embroiled in this. I wish there was something I could do lovely lady! So you may be getting another cat or at least thinking about it. Going into an animal rescue is a v dangerous thing for me as I would want to bring all the furries home!

We are in the future considering a dog for our son for emotional support. He loves all animals and a dog may help him with his anxiety levels and sensory processing challenges as he struggled to get out the house sometimes! I

Hope everyone is ok and will check in later! x

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy--sorry about your meds Total bummer. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't your neck of the woods get a fair amount of snow in the winter? Just seems rainy instead of the white stuff. Cute hat!

@Jimmianne I am looking forward to your deliveries also! I am sure your hair looks great--I always like mine after its cut--less weight. I need a trim soon as well.

Hope everyone who needs healing vibes gets these!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results