shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. PT went well today. It was a freezing long walk however. Very cold and very windy. Glad to be home.

@Mamabean aww Joanne you know I’m sorry about the zircon ring. Happy it’s not an expensive mistake. I do wish you told the vendor and sent it back but I guess it’s not a big deal. Just know you were looking forward to getting a beautiful zircon ring. I wanted that for you. I’m going to find one for you. Stay tuned. Many thanks re your lovely comments.♥

@Jimmianne good morning. I think we all have made expensive mistakes. When I think about the money I wasted with “custom” oy. Live and learn.♥

@Niffler75 thank you sweetie for your kind words. I hope your son enjoys his party and I’m with him. Low key is good. Happy Valentine’s Day. ♥

@Tekate great Kate happy Valentine’s Day ♥ Even though you don’t celebrate and we don’t either I just wanna say I heart you lots. XOXO. So glad John takes such good care of you as you do him. Big hugs.

@marcy I hope your SIL got to go home and can make her big date. Hope Your snow stops and that driving isn’t treacherous. Have a good day at work and happy VD ♥

@Austina glad you had gold yesterday and hope it was fun. Yay for Colin just having a check up. Hope you’re having a wonderful VD ♥

Happy VD @junebug17 hope all is well. ♥

@Slick1 hope you’re on the mend. Big hugs and happy VD dear girl. ♥

Speaking of dear girls. Thinking of you @Scandinavian amd sending you hugs across the miles. Healing dust continued for your mom.

@canuk-gal hello and happy VD ♥

@ringo865 how is your mom doing now that her PT has started in earnest? Hope you’re well and happy VD♥

@sarahb wishing you a very happy Valentine’s Day ♥Hope you’re feeling wonderful and kidney stone free. XO

Happy VD @Daisys and Diamonds ♥️

@AV_ hope you’re enjoying a wonderful day. Happy VD ♥️

We enjoyed a long walk yesterday in the mild rain and one today in the freezing cold lol. Crazy weather. :lol: Greg is Mo longer using the cane. Knock wood his great progress continues. Hugs to you all. ♥

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 dear lady wishing you and your dh a very happy first Valentine’s Day as husband and wife. ♥️❤️♥️

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 dear lady wishing you and your dh a very happy first Valentine’s Day as husband and wife. ♥❤♥

Oh thank you soo much @missy you are so sweet! This Valentine's is very special! I'm working from home today and we were able to go out to breakfast and take a nice walk. We plan to go out to dinner and enjoy the day! Happy Valentine's to you and your sweetheart! What are your plans? I hope you have a relaxing and romantic day :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy valentines day to those of you who celebrate it. After nearly 42 years together, we don’t bother :lol:

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better @Niffler75, I hope your little guy has a lovely birthday tomorrow, it sounds perfect.

Honestly @Mamabean, I second, third or fourth the others, give it to a charity, I’m sure someone will buy it and the charity will benefit.

Did your SIL finally get home @marcy?

So glad the PT is going really well @missy, I’m sure that Greg being so fit beforehand is really helping his recovery. Sorry it’s so cold there, but better cold than wet, right? It’s been great here today, we were both aching, me with my shoulder and Colin his side, so didn’t go to the gym, but went for a long walk instead.

Enjoy your 1st VD together as a married couple @bling_dream19.

I didn’t check what time my hair appt was today, and when we got back from our walk, I realised I had 10 minutes to eat and get moving! De-skunk stripe and cut done for another few weeks :mrgreen:

TGIF

Big wave to all the lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, Mamabean, so sorry about the ring SNAFU. It happens ...has happened ...to others, including me. One takes a risk; sometimes you win, sometimes not. Anyway, it’s making me mad that she was not honest.

Sorry to hear that @Mamabean it's still beautiful but you have VERY beautiful jewelry. Maybe there's someone in your life you could gift it to?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Valentine’s Day!

@missy I love your poem for us. It’s fabulous. Glad to hear Greg’s PT went well; sorry the walk was cold though. We were near 40 degrees here today. Sadly it will be only for a day. Woo hoo that Greg doesn’t have to use the cane anymore.

@Niffler75 yes it is nice to see photos of @missy and Greg with Greg up and about. They’ll be out starting to build up those miles in 2020 in no time. That is awesome you decorate your son’s room after he goes to sleep and even better how excited he is when he finds it.

@Mamabean you are welcome. I am glad you didn’t send that ring to David. I am glad the Zircon ring didn’t cost you a lot. As @junebug17 suggested I would donate it or give it to someone who might like it. Sorry you have custom band you don’t wear often. It took me years to quit spending money on jewelry trying to make them better and then they’d still just set in my jewelry box. I had a custom ring redone three times at additional cost each time, and never liked it. I kept putting it in my jewelry liquidation sales for $50; and sadly no one every bought it. I finally gave it to some lady at work who seemed to like it; I have never seen her wear it once so she doesn’t wear it either. My opinion on custom jewelry is like gambling - don’t spend more money than you are willing to lose.

@Jimmianne I am pretty sure most of us have those albatross pieces and I don’t want to think about what I’ve spent on them. If I’d listened to Marty when I started buying jewelry I wouldn’t have so many pieces I don’t wear.

@bling_dream19 your first Valentine’s Day as Mr & Mrs sounds perfect. Have a great day.

@Austina lol to celebrating Valentine’s Day after 42 years; we are closing in on 29 and it’s no big deal. Sorry you and Colin are having some pain; I hope you are doing better now. Nice that you you made it to your hair cut.

We had sunshine, lots of wind and reached 40 degrees. Get out the flip flops. I found the Killer Rabbit with a Valentine this morning. I won’t tell you what name he called me inside. I’m not the only one around here who pulls shenanigans. I went all out and printed a picture of a Teddy Bear with hearts that said I Love You Beary Much and taped it on a bag of Dove dark chocolate hearts.

People brought a lot of junk food to work today. I had a donut, some mini cupcakes and a bite of a brownie. I am surprised I wasn’t in a sugar coma this afternoon.

Take care. Have a great weekend.
Marcy

1581734314573.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy unValentines Day, Marcy! Here’s to flip flop weather. I worn mine yesterday and my feet hardly got cold.
You are so nice to Marty I hope the rabbit was not mean, just silly.

Missy, thank you for the sunny sweet poem <3

Yes, Happy very first ever Married Valentines Day, bling dream !

Happy Caturday to all the NIRDIs and ....to all the NIRDI husbands.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! It is Happy Caturday Saturday. XOXO.

@missy I love your poem for us. It’s fabulous. Glad to hear Greg’s PT went well; sorry the walk was cold though. We were near 40 degrees here today. Sadly it will be only for a day. Woo hoo that Greg doesn’t have to use the cane anymore.

Thank you for reading and enjoying my Valentine's Day poem @marcy. I don't write poems as much as I once did here but I enjoy sharing them with like individuals.
Thank you for your enthusiasm about Greg's walking. He is doing well. His knee is still swollen though quite a bit and of course being the nervous nellie (better than your previous NN employee though haha) I am I worry if it is normal. The PT thinks it is but he is super young. Haha everyone compared to me is super young. I remember the days when I was the youngest person always in the room. I didn't mind it but I don't mind being the oldest person either. I'm easy that way. :lol:

We had sunshine, lots of wind and reached 40 degrees. Get out the flip flops. I found the Killer Rabbit with a Valentine this morning. I won’t tell you what name he called me inside. I’m not the only one around here who pulls shenanigans. I went all out and printed a picture of a Teddy Bear with hearts that said I Love You Beary Much and taped it on a bag of Dove dark chocolate hearts.

People brought a lot of junk food to work today. I had a donut, some mini cupcakes and a bite of a brownie. I am surprised I wasn’t in a sugar coma this afternoon.

Yay for your temps being in the 40s. You guys deserve that and with sunshine woohoo. Get out those flip flops indeed haha. Boo to the Killer Rabbit calling you a name. Your Teddy bear is a dear to bring Dove Dark Chocolate hearts and write love you beary much. Makes up for Mr Killer Rabbit. Oh no to a sugar coma. I hate those but getting there can be fun. Recovering from one not so much. Though I broke my sweet tooth eons ago I still lapse occasionally and oh it's so sweet as I am lapsing but recovering from one is less sweet. :sick:

Yay it's the weekend. Enjoy dear Marcy and thanks again for all your kind and lovely comments. Appreciate them very much. (((Hugs))).

@Slick1 hope your weekend goes very well and that you are recovering from Thursday. I am thinking about you every day and continued healing vibes being sent your way. It's a cold one here so let's stay warm and I hope you rest and recuperate and are being pampered this weekend. You deserve it. And I am also sending well wishes Chase's way. And big (((HUGS))) to both of you.

@Tekate speaking of big hugs how are you doing? Hope you are enjoying a wonderful time with your family and continuing to feel well and that the house plans are coming along smoothly. Big hugs Kate the very Great and wonderful and wise. XOXO.

@Niffler75 HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your dear son and I hope the party goes very well. Enjoy and have fun and sending you lots of happy party wishes. XO.

@Austina Aww I am sorry your shoulder is hurting and Colin's side is hurting but I am glad you and Colin are getting out and walking each day even if you cannot always make it to the gym. Being active is one of my great joys and when I am stuck inside it is challenging. There are times I look back on 2014 when I broke my tibia and fibula and had to be non weight bearing for 4 months and out of work for 8 months as I recuperated and I SMH wondering how I got through it. Of course I got through it one day at a time just like we always do when unexpected hardships occur. It's how we got through the 7 months we were at the beach house in 2019 and it's how we get through each and every challenge. But I digress. Hoping you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy whatever you do. Hugs across the miles dear Austina. I hope you and Colin are feeling all better from the aches and pains of the past week and healing vibes to you both.

@Mamabean hope you enjoyed a lovely Valentine's Day and that David enjoyed his special meal cooked just for him. You are such a good momma. I feel a swelling of my heart just thinking about what a good mother you are. (((HUGS))). Remember to take care of yourself too.

@Scandinavian hugs and happy weekend to you and your mom.

@canuk-gal how goes your weekend? How was your week? Happy belated Valentine's Day. Sending you hugs and love and hoping all is well with you and a fun weekend is planned.

@Jimmianne thank you for taking the time to read my Valentine's Day poem and hoping you are enjoying a sunny weekend speaking of sunny. It is sunny here but mucho frio and the wind is biting. Just like Oliver. Hahaha.

Oh thank you soo much @missy you are so sweet! This Valentine's is very special! I'm working from home today and we were able to go out to breakfast and take a nice walk. We plan to go out to dinner and enjoy the day! Happy Valentine's to you and your sweetheart! What are your plans? I hope you have a relaxing and romantic day :kiss2:

Aww thank you @bling_dream19 so kind of you to say and thank you for reading my poem. We had a lovely day. PT in the early morning then back home where I worked out as Greg iced and did more of his exercises and then also Instacart delivery (haha I am always thinking and planing the food choices) and then Greg and I took another nice romantic walk despite the chilly sub freezing temps and then we came back and enjoyed an early dinner and watched a movie. Not a day different than each one before it but like I wrote in another thread each day is like Valentine's Day with my DH as I am sure you feel with your DH. How was the rest of your first Valentine's Day together as DH and DW? Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend and sending you big hugs sweet girl.

@ringo865 how was your Valentine's Day? Thinking of you and also of your mom and her TKR recovery. Hoping she is doing well. Have a lovely weekend. XO.

So as I wrote above we went for 2 walks yesterday as we tend to do now on PT days. We are walking 3-4 miles on PT days so not bad. Greg is no longer using the cane. And besides his knee swelling he is coming along nicely. I owe you guys a few photos as I forgot to share our daily walk pics lol. But now I have to find them. My photo taking moves fast and I already have lots of photos to go through to find the pics from yesterday and the day before lol.

OK my computer downloading/uploading (?LOL I always get confused what is what re down vs uploading) is acting wonky so will hit send and then try sharing photos from the past few days that I missed sharing with you lovely ladies.

Have a happy Caturday Saturday! Meow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK in order of appearance :lol:

Thursday walk. Cold and Rainy. And very dreary a day.

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 6.14.14 AM.png

Yesterday our walk to PT. Wearing our warm coats and all bundled up with my mittens and hood and Greg was wearing his hat. Greg took his coat and hat off but take my word for it he was wearing it during the walk. You can see the wheelchair that we didn't use at all on the way there or back.
Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 6.07.52 AM.png

And yesterday afternoon our second walk of the day. I switched to my red coat in honor of VD.
LOL Greg's coat behind me looks like I am wearing a cape...I am really a superhero and about to fly away...not. :P2

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 6.06.02 AM.png

And finally, because let's not lose sight of this being PS and we can never enjoy enough bling. In honor of the day yesterday I wore my pink diamond band from Leibish.

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 6.02.51 AM.png

And finally in honor of Caturday Saturday leaving you with Mr Oliver. Growing faster than a weed.

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 6.23.01 AM.png

Have a wonderful day ladies and happy birthday to your dear son @Niffler75 :appl:

PS Extra bonus points to anyone who can spot my bling change from morning to afternoon yesterday...haha I gave you a very big hint so you should be able to spot it especially since you can only really see my hands re the bling... :bigsmile:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! :wavey: So, my morning started at the ungodly time of 4:50am :eek2:when my son AKA the birthday boy woke up and was so hyper he wouldn't go back to sleep!
We've had a good day here. Son v happy with presents from family. I am currently running on caffeine alone and will probably crash soon! Hmmm wonder if the sugar in a large slice of cake will either:
A- give me energy till bedtime, or
B- send me into a carbohydrate coma! :sleep:

Thanks to everyone who sent best wishes. When you become a parent via adoption these special days are particularly poignant! I can't believe my little boy is growing up.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I will be back later but just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Valentine's Day. Sending you all love and hugs.

happy-valelentines-day-red-heart-sprakling-animated-gif-card-2.gif

I wrote a poem super fast this morning so it is pretty rough but am going to share it anyway because I wrote it with you girls in mind.

Wishing you all
Lots of love and joy
A happy Valentine's Day
Filled with bling and more

I came to PS years ago
To drool over diamonds and gems
I am still here years later though
For the PSers- the true gems

Happy Valentine's Day
Whether you are in a romance or not
With PSers here day and night
You're never alone and it's all so right

Bring on the ideal diamonds
Bring on the stunning gems
Bring on the masterpieces
We adore each one of them

PSers we adore the most
Truly the best of the bunch
The creamy butter to our toast
The yummy pizza we had for lunch
Had to add food in there
Since it's been on our minds
Oh PS you are so dear
A treasure and a find

Must end this poem now
Heading to PT soon
DH's recovery in tune
Time is getting short
Happy day to one and all
Time for coffee by the quart

Sending you each a warm hug
Thank you for making PS so sweet
Coming here each and every day
Is truly the best of yummy treats

This is SO sweet Missy! I love it! Hugs to you sweet friend. You sparkle way more than any diamond. I love everyone here and PS really is the best, so many good people. I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
We had a delicious dinner at a steakhouse. We split a wedge salad to start, then hubby had a filet and I had bronzino over lentils and spinach. I had planned to get a steak but was thrilled to see bronzino and it was delicious! My husband got me a beautiful card and a dolphin heart necklace! Of coarse I found it lol on costco. We swam with dolphins on our honeymoon so this is our honeymoon necklace. 20200214_181112.jpg
I gave my hubby a 4mm platinum band from costco so now he has 2 bands! His other band is 7 mm plat YG and he loves but wanted something thinner too and wanted to match me bc I have the 3mm platinum band too. He loves it! We call these band butter bc it feels like you're putting on butter! 20200214_181330.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean I love you too and you always make happy, and you are the best mamabear! you and @Niffler75... You know Joanne, husbands are like 2 year olds at least both mine were... they are grumpy, pouty, mouth off, and whine. So, John is pouty these days cause he has still has a cough.. so I ignore him or make snotty remarks like, is that An EFFING FAKE COUGH! he appears to get grumpier, then I send him sites about continuing to cough after your damn virus is way gone.. he get's grumpier. :) but I feel great! I tell you this because we've not booked the trip to the city 'cause I'm making grumpy man grumpier! but it feels so good.. so as soon as he stops his stupid fake cough and becomes my loving husband we will book, I think for the weekend of March 20th.. Why don't you sleep? I only don't sleep when I am worried about my death or someone I love. Which isn't often really so I'm pretty much a good sleeper, I'm sorry the Mr is a shitty driver, it would scare me too and I would worry also, I'd start with an UBER is safer! then move on to an UBER is cheaper and less on the car!!!!! and then my last would be "Why won't your company for a GD Uber!!" see how that works! jk.... pizza! love it, ooooh and stuffed shells! yum, meatballs! yes! meat sauce! love! so I'm having meatballs and spaghetti tonite!. bbl

xoxoxoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy do I hear you or what! custom settings oy is right, I really don't think I would ever have a custom made unless it was DK or someone like that. Thanks Missy, John and I, we DO take care of each other, but there always is a current of teasing.. now when I first married him I reacted as in I pounded him into the pavement and made him cry, yes I did, all due to my inability to control my temper, the homelife and married life I came out of.. I got oodles of therapy and when bad things occurred, both of us learned how to talk, altho he can't talk for several days which I used to really despise but now, I just take the dog for a walk or read, we control no one but ourselves, those kinds of fights are rare anymore. :) John has always put me before the boys and I have put him after the boys, that is the way it is. Now Auti! she loves me but she LOVES grandpa.. ooooh she lights up like fireworks, makes me happy, now he may put her ahead of me, which I would find wonderful :) if any of this makes sense to you :) I'm happy to read that Greg has shed the cane etc, but I know you know but keep telling him, watch out things can be slippery! :) xoxo @missy I only have eyes for your gorgeous ring Missy.... I drool... it's exquisite. xoxo oooh to Thur Fri Fri pix.. I love you guys. Your Leibish ring is to die for beautiful.. such great taste.. xxoxoxoxo tell Greg Hola!

@Mamabean that zircon will make a killer ring when you want to, I wish you had sent it back but I do understand why you didn't, I'm the same way often. I LOVE zircons. Or sell it.. do what makes you happy Joanne, you DESERVE to, you are special and stellar. xoxo

@Austina Hey! hope the hair appt went well and you are home and snug. Are you going to get that monster storm I keep seeing headlines of?? Glad Colin had his checkup!!! yesterday I went in for a meet and greet with my new 32yr old family care practitioner and she sent me for bloodwork, nothing popped up yesterday so I suppose nothing came back REALLY bad or they call, I think, they did in Maine. Got my referrals and will be looking for a good dentist to start my work in the back right jaw, no more implants EVER EVER EVER. Have to see how my infection level is before doing anything though. How's Adam? We have been a bit chilly here! but warming up and pollen coming up too! Saw Auti Thursday, she's adorable and I adore her! .. sending big hugs and a lotta love to you and the family Austina! xoxoxo and hope you and Colin are feeling better.

@marcy OOOH girl do I hear you on the money spent on jewelry; I have lost jewelry I liked; given away jewelry I liked (to my sister) and nieces; spent oodles of money on I sorta like it jewelry and then lose it; threw away jewelry by mistake; spent tons on custom that I literally hated but kept because the idiots had my stone so long I just wanted it back; been talked into pieces by jewelers who and given pieces by jewelers who changed my ring without telling me 'cause they thought it looked better'; on and on. I so hear you.. RESETS! so much money on crappy resets too. And boy Killer Rabbit looks nefarious! ;-) glad you had a great day with plenty of sweets! my DIL made chocolate covered strawberries! gone now.. glad the weather was better too Marcy! xoxoxoxoxo

@Slick1 I hope you are feeling better.. stay in and take care of yourself.. sending a huge hug to you Slick! xoxoxo

@Scandinavian sending a huge hug to you and your family! xoxoxo

@Calliecake Hey lady! sending you a huge hug too! xoxoxoxo

@Niffler75 happy bday to your beautiful son! xoxox

@bling_dream19 Hola to you and hope your Saturday (post V day!) is going well and all is good in your part of the USofA! xoxoxo

@junebug17 Hey June, how's things, I need to read more, always doing something.. I hope all is well with DH, DS, and DD! and of course, you June.. sending love and hug to you xoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne Hey, what's new? send your old crappy bling to me! ;-) hugs to you xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds Hi! hope you are having cooler weather! sending love to you xoxoxoxo

@sarahb Hola to you!!! hope all is well :) xoxoxoxo

so if you read anything I have posted and why should you, not only am I the most loquacious person I know, I am also long winded and sometimes a big mouth! :)

I went to the doc yesterday and am now in for referrals to: orthopedic surgeon, and dermatologist had bloodwork and my doc gave me a new and expensive gel for my rosacea! we shall see. The physician said that most probably the ortho guy will want to have an MRI of my shoulder, which I thought weird, why? I didn't comprehend her 'because' but since she referred me to my hip surgeon then I will find out what he says, he will probably move me on the a specialist in shoulders, but my right hip has been hurting for weeks so he'll xray my hips too I'm sure. My physician is checking my inflammation level to see if my jaw is still infected and will move me on to and ID doc if it's not where she thinks it should be.. also my doc referred me for a colonoscopy as I'm 6 months late! I need a mammo too in April. so it begins, the old lady quest for a meaning life and health!

Happy caturday to all the NIRDIs! oh we heard from the architect, he sent a design for the outdoor cabana/kitchen but they are still working on the elevation for the sides of the house.. meh. :) Kids are good not much else new to report. tomorrow we are going up to the lot and drink beer there (I don't really drink beer I will have a apple cider thingy), this is so we can show pix to our family on how the house is progressing and if I get a good one I'll shoot it here! Auti started tiny steps with her mommy holding her hands, that baby was so proud of herself, I swear there's a 12 yr in her brain, she can be very showoffish! I love her!

have a great weekend everybody!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I get you about husband grumpiness...Mine is so much better on his med..I keep asking him if he took his pill..I’m afraid he would stop! He does that with his statin. He takes it sometimes...He drives me crazy...He still wants me to put wintergreen drops in his nose. He shakes the box and that’s my cue to put them in...omg...I use to get pretty upset with him in our early marriage days because he doesn’t talk a lot to me. We would go out to dinner...pre cell phones and he would just sit...I would try to make conversation but it would just be crickets..I would cry and tell him he didn’t love me..etc..Of course he did..but he’s not a talker...If you have to talk to him about something serious..he shuts down..Now that I’m older it doesn’t bother me as much... I wish he would have been more talkative..but it’s not in him...We go to dinner..and he’s on his phone looking over business emails...I now have PS so I’m checking that......David is Autistic as you know..so no conversation there..My mom can’t hear in a restaurant..even with her hearing aids..lol..My husband is very thoughtful though...I didn’t think I was getting anything for Valentines Day because we don’t do anything special usually.. but he surprised me with tickets to a group that played our song when we were dating.. We’re going tonight...with David..hahaha..They were older than us so I kidded with him they will be on stage with oxygen tanks, etc..:lol:
I‘m sorry you’re having pain in your hip. Did you have surgery in that hip? It’s crazy that you would need two different orthopedic consults because of your shoulder..
I hope you don’t have any more infection in your jaw. Did all your problems start with a tooth implant? My mom had one and she didn’t have any problem at all. @Slick1 has been through so much with hers...I hope her nightmare is over soon.
That’s good you’re getting the medical once over... I feel like I‘m managing a corporation scheduling all the visits..I’m due for my Mammo in March..I wish I went somewhere that gives you the results right away..but mine doesn’t. Does yours? My husband is due for his colonoscopy. He gets one every three years because his dad died of colon cancer. My dad had lots of pre-cancerous polyps so I went every five years since forty years old. During my last colonoscopy a couple of years ago..the surgeon dropped a polyp during retrieval..There’s no way to know what it was. She said she didn’t think it was anything bad..She said I could come back in five years..Ummmm... I don’t think so...I will be back for one at the three year mark.
Auti sounds like she’s getting ready to walk! How old is she now?
That‘s great you heard from the architect...I would be lost with figuring out things like the elevation...I would be okay with picking the finishes....I would love that...
Thanks for the sympathy about my zircon ring..haha...It was really cheap...I just don’t like being taken advantage of. I don’t think she tried to do that. She showed the video but I didn’t notice the black spots on the white ones...I am mad that the blue zircon has more chips and flea bites than she said. I guess she never thought I would look at it under a loupe...I did take @Jimmianne ‘s idea and will try to accept it’s imperfections...It only fits on my pinky so no chance I’ll wear it a lot anyway.....I will probably donate it but I’m actually embarrassed to donate it. They may think it’s a prize from cracker jacks..haha..

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean Your husband is a very important I think, busy, successful because behind him handling EVERYTHING ELSE was you, not a damn easy task mamabean, I had only 2 kids, one has ADD but autism is something a family works on to ensure the child/adult has the best life possible and truly you have done that Joanne.. proud to know you. :)

I have had both hips replaced, one 10 years ago and the other 8 years ago, the 10 year one is starting to no longer be able to hold me fat a$$ and I didn't think it should be doing that so off I go to my original surgeon (who I am shocked is still practicing cause I thought he was older than me!).. my ortho is a hip specialist, for the shoulder I have to go to a shoulder guy/gal, don't want somebody who thinks my shoulder is a hip! ;-) the impression I had from my sports doc in Maine was there was nothing left to do but cut it out and replace but she didn't refer me either... so since I know this practice so much better here I'm glad I'm back.. I've already done physical therapy out the nose on this shoulder and now I can't move my arm as much as then... but boy it helped my neck! So I will see what my hip guy says, he'll either handle me or send me to another guy/gal. :)

My 2nd husband of 32 years is very very similar to my first husband in many ways, the difference is John is shorter than Tom haha true but who cares and John is more in love with me, truth! Tom wasn't in love with me when we married and a part of me knew that but we'd been dating 4 years and we were on the marriage train a few months after meeting.. no stopping an out of control train wreck on it's way to the pole.. and we hit that pole - hard. :)

Realistically marriage is hard, I really think this, we all stay together for many reason, love (in love? not so sure).. lust, companionship, common interests, love again, need, want, compatibility sometimes get's lost. I've changed me for both husbands with the real me more with John!

Your ring is nice Joanne do what YOU want with it, you deserve that, girl I've thrown away by accident and because I was overwrought many times :)

loves ya!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean Your husband is a very important I think, busy, successful because behind him handling EVERYTHING ELSE was you, not a damn easy task mamabean, I had only 2 kids, one has ADD but autism is something a family works on to ensure the child/adult has the best life possible and truly you have done that Joanne.. proud to know you. :)

I have had both hips replaced, one 10 years ago and the other 8 years ago, the 10 year one is starting to no longer be able to hold me fat a$$ and I didn't think it should be doing that so off I go to my original surgeon (who I am shocked is still practicing cause I thought he was older than me!).. my ortho is a hip specialist, for the shoulder I have to go to a shoulder guy/gal, don't want somebody who thinks my shoulder is a hip! ;-) the impression I had from my sports doc in Maine was there was nothing left to do but cut it out and replace but she didn't refer me either... so since I know this practice so much better here I'm glad I'm back.. I've already done physical therapy out the nose on this shoulder and now I can't move my arm as much as then... but boy it helped my neck! So I will see what my hip guy says, he'll either handle me or send me to another guy/gal. :)

My 2nd husband of 32 years is very very similar to my first husband in many ways, the difference is John is shorter than Tom haha true but who cares and John is more in love with me, truth! Tom wasn't in love with me when we married and a part of me knew that but we'd been dating 4 years and we were on the marriage train a few months after meeting.. no stopping an out of control train wreck on it's way to the pole.. and we hit that pole - hard. :)

Realistically marriage is hard, I really think this, we all stay together for many reason, love (in love? not so sure).. lust, companionship, common interests, love again, need, want, compatibility sometimes get's lost. I've changed me for both husbands with the real me more with John!

Your ring is nice Joanne do what YOU want with it, you deserve that, girl I've thrown away by accident and because I was overwrought many times :)

loves ya!

You are the best Kate..Truly..xxxooo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy big and small dog Sunday lovely ladies.

This is SO sweet Missy! I love it! Hugs to you sweet friend. You sparkle way more than any diamond. I love everyone here and PS really is the best, so many good people. I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
We had a delicious dinner at a steakhouse. We split a wedge salad to start, then hubby had a filet and I had bronzino over lentils and spinach. I had planned to get a steak but was thrilled to see bronzino and it was delicious! My husband got me a beautiful card and a dolphin heart necklace! Of coarse I found it lol on costco. We swam with dolphins on our honeymoon so this is our honeymoon necklace. 20200214_181112.jpg
I gave my hubby a 4mm platinum band from costco so now he has 2 bands! His other band is 7 mm plat YG and he loves but wanted something thinner too and wanted to match me bc I have the 3mm platinum band too. He loves it! We call these band butter bc it feels like you're putting on butter! 20200214_181330.jpg

Aww Love what you and your DH gave each other and what a wonderful first Valentine's Day you enjoyed as husband and wife. :love: And I think congrats are in order on a new purchase...so excited for you and please share photos as soon as you get it. I know it is going to look stunning on you!

@missy do I hear you or what! custom settings oy is right, I really don't think I would ever have a custom made unless it was DK or someone like that. Thanks Missy, John and I, we DO take care of each other, but there always is a current of teasing.. now when I first married him I reacted as in I pounded him into the pavement and made him cry, yes I did, all due to my inability to control my temper, the homelife and married life I came out of.. I got oodles of therapy and when bad things occurred, both of us learned how to talk, altho he can't talk for several days which I used to really despise but now, I just take the dog for a walk or read, we control no one but ourselves, those kinds of fights are rare anymore. :) John has always put me before the boys and I have put him after the boys, that is the way it is. Now Auti! she loves me but she LOVES grandpa.. ooooh she lights up like fireworks, makes me happy, now he may put her ahead of me, which I would find wonderful :) if any of this makes sense to you :) I'm happy to read that Greg has shed the cane etc, but I know you know but keep telling him, watch out things can be slippery! :) xoxo @missy I only have eyes for your gorgeous ring Missy.... I drool... it's exquisite. xoxo oooh to Thur Fri Fri pix.. I love you guys. Your Leibish ring is to die for beautiful.. such great taste.. xxoxoxoxo tell Greg Hola!

Good morning Kate the Great and Wise and Wonderful! I told Greg Hola and he says hello back to you and John and we are both sending you big hugs. I know you guys take great care of each other and you are a great couple. I would expect nothing less from my Kate the Great to be married to John the Just supreme.:love: And I hear you about the beginning of your married life having challenges. We had ours as I believe many great relationships share. When you are real with someone there are challenges. Real relationships are raw and true and hard at times but oh so worthwhile. With great passion comes strong emotions good and bad and I will take it because a life with no passion is no life (for me). I am glad you are taking care of health matters and I hope your doctor(s) can help you. Moving to a new area is scary because one has to find new health care professionals and stuff like that. Always a bit scary even if the doctors before weren't amazing. And I am sure you had some good doctors where you were before so another challenge to the move. I want you to find great health care people to care for your health Kate. I hope your hip/shoulder/jaw are all A OK or will be A OK soon. Thank you for your kind and warm compliments. I drool over your pieces too Kate the Great. I do! Hugs to you and to John and to Autie. I know she is crazy about both of you even if she might have a crush on grandpa. That is normal for little girls to crush on their dads and grandpas. When she gets older it will be grandma she needs most and lots. Hugs to sweet Auti too!

@Mamabean yes why dont you go somewhere that will give you the results of your mammogram (and Ultrasound if you can get that too) immediately? I have only gone to such places and have been getting both done for 15 years now. They do the tests and you wait and then they give you the results. Much more civilized and I think you should find a place that does that. Greg gets his colonoscopy every 3-5 years due to numerous polyps. Not a fun procedure but it's good to get those removed. Thinking about your Zircon ring and maybe one day you can replace the white stones in the halo with old cut diamonds? That might be beautiful. If the blue zircon itself is decent quality that is. Or just recreate the whole ring with lovely stones and give this to one of your young relatives who can enjoy it. Anyway it is good it was not an expensive ring. Hope you're anticipating excitedly the setting of Ashlee. I know I am. :)

@Slick1 hope you are feeling strong and well and enjoying a nice weekend and resting and recuperating.

@Scandinavian hugs and good wishes.

@Niffler75 how did your son's birthday go? Hope he had a blast and that everyone enjoyed a lovely day.

We had a wonderful Caturday Saturday. Walked to the further animal rescue and almost fell in love with a black cat named Potter. Thankfully he got adopted or I was tempted....the rescue person texted me that afternoon later to let us know. Since it was a possibility that we were going to adopt him. But I am relieved (I think lol) because not sure I can handle another cat. Just thinking about it for Oliver as he does need IMO a playmate. He has lots of energy and no other cat to play with :(

We walked over 3 miles yesterday and Greg was in a bit of discomfort but nothing a little ice didn't take care of and I also got a bluetiful new hat. I love the unique stores on Atlantic ave and it was a great day. Cats, shopping, walking and being with my sweet DH. Despite the temps in the teens (brrrrr) we remained comfy and cozy. And Greg cooked for me too! Sweet potatoes (man I go through my weight in sweet potatoes every week haha) and grilled onions. Yummmmm. Not sure what is planned today but I already took care of 2 loads of laundry (haha @marcy now I talk about laundry more than you lol) and I have to work out and wash my hair today but after that the day is free.

Happy big and small dog Sunday lovely ladies. XOXO

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 5.43.40 AM.png

missyandgregsaturdaywalk.png

ETA: Need to restart my computer. Very wonky this AM.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 can we help you find the 5 stone band of your dreams?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 can we help you find the 5 stone band of your dreams?
You are the best Missy. I've been wanting a band for my right hand. I've ordered 2 from costco and have returned 1 and am about to return the 2nd. It fits too wide. I can take pics in a little bit. So when I saw this gorgeous 5 stone I jumped for it! Her finger was 4.5 and my rh is a snug 7.25 so I'm not even sure if it could have been sized that much. I've got 3 rings coming DK at some point. He has them now and they are all for my rh. They are my new oec cocktail ring, lavender spinel in diamond halo, and nyc honeymoon pink sapphire to be put into a setting. So I'm not in a rush for a 5 stone but I do really want one! Having lost the sale has made me realize I do really want one. I don't want you to go on a big hunt but if you see anything wonderful please let me know! You are great at finding beautiful pieces Missy. Thank you Missy hugs friend. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are the best Missy. I've been wanting a band for my right hand. I've ordered 2 from costco and have returned 1 and am about to return the 2nd. It fits too wide. I can take pics in a little bit. So when I saw this gorgeous 5 stone I jumped for it! Her finger was 4.5 and my rh is a snug 7.25 so I'm not even sure if it could have been sized that much. I've got 3 rings coming DK at some point. He has them now and they are all for my rh. They are my new oec cocktail ring, lavender spinel in diamond halo, and nyc honeymoon pink sapphire to be put into a setting. So I'm not in a rush for a 5 stone but I do really want one! Having lost the sale has made me realize I do really want one. I don't want you to go on a big hunt but if you see anything wonderful please let me know! You are great at finding beautiful pieces Missy. Thank you Missy hugs friend. I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

I’m sorry you’re disappointed and still haven’t found the right 5 stone for you. I think however it’s for the best you didn’t get her band. I think that’s too much of a resize for that band imo.

I will definitely keep an eye out for a beauty for you. Any preferences I should know about? Do you definitely want modern round stones or are you open to old cut stones? And anything else please let me know. I’m excited to help.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry you’re disappointed and still haven’t found the right 5 stone for you. I think however it’s for the best you didn’t get her band. I think that’s too much of a resize for that band imo.

I will definitely keep an eye out for a beauty for you. Any preferences I should know about?

Ok that's good to know. That takes away some of the pain. The ideals look beautiful, and I also love the antiques but leaning towards ideals for now but interested in both, love the .25 to .30 range, white gold or platinum, low setting, band has to be comfortable between my fingers, not too thick. The right ring is out there and you always help me to see bright side of things.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok that's good to know. That takes away some of the pain. The ideals look beautiful, and I also love the antiques but leaning towards ideals for now but interested in both, love the .25 to .30 range, white gold or platinum, low setting, band has to be comfortable between my fingers, not too thick. The right ring is out there and you always help me to see bright side of things.

Just throwing this out there. You could contact Yekutiel at IDJ and tell him your budget and what you want and see if he could make it happen. And of course I’ll be looking for you but just saying this might be a good option and an opportunity to get exactly what you want in your size. And his prices are quite reasonable. You might be surprised.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Just throwing this out there. You could contact Yekutiel at IDJ and tell him your budget and what you want and see if he could make it happen. And of course I’ll be looking for you but just saying this might be a good option and an opportunity to get exactly what you want in your size. And his prices are quite reasonable. You might be surprised.

I agree, after seeing her beautiful idj 5 stone, that is definitely the direction I'm leaning towards!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Good morning Missy! thank you so much for all your kind words, you make me feel happy and good! Yes, John and I have evolved into a very happy, good and silly couple. We still get into some rip roaring fights but we manage to get through it. We were in this marriage for the long haul back in the 80s :) like you and Greg. Missy maybe you do need another furkid..it may give Ollie something to do with his rambunctious energy! Is Ollie very loud? I have read that feral cats are quieter than cats raised by humans. Your heart will tell you if it is the right time. Missy, Greg is a keeper just on his cooking.. the man is a whiz.. your veggies look delicious! John and I did laundry yesterday, since it was overdue! things are smelling better here ;-) glad you had a wonderful walk.. you both look wonderful Missy really just happy!. xoxoxoxoxo

@Mamabean HI Joanne, I am with Missy on your zircon. I think you said it was 9K gold? in which case I'd chuck the salt/pepper zircons and reset the blue zircon with some lovely OEC's. Missy always recommends Adam at Old World Diamonds, someday she and I may go over there and just look at his stuff because of her high recommendation. I think that would be one hella gorgeous ring. Of course, as always it's up to you. xoxoxo and mamabean, the best always brings out the best in others, don't forget that! xo

@bling_dream19 I cannot wait to see all your new jewelry and a five stone ring in your future! I'm jealous, j/k I love 5 stone rings first off i've really run through my bling budget for life, but there's always hope. I find stones that hit the inside of my two fingers very annoying, just me.. my new little teeny ring isn't even 1 carat (it's supposed to be .95 carats, how does one tell? one can't) and at times I find it a bit annoying. Now channel set rings work well but I'm not a huge fan of channel set anymore, I've lost like 3 channel set diamond rings.. so I look forward very much to seeing you journey for a 5 stone.. happy Sunday! xoxoxoxo added: I got my new ring from IDJ, it was reasonable I thought and its a real headlight even though the stones are teeny!.. :) follow your heart.

So I got my blood tests back, everything is fine EXCEPT cholesterol, I have a score of 9.5 which means I have a chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years of like 10%, so the physician recommended Crestor or something, so I'm going to try it. @Slick1 my inflammation levels fine, WBC good so I doubt I have anymore infection, what do you think? did you ever have good counts but still infected? thanks if you read this! even my alkphos numbers were within normal level whooo hooo, they are always slightly out of range. I like my new physician, she's quiet :) so next up: dentist, colonoscopy, and the visit to the orthopedic surgeon. whew. all in all it was better than I thought it was going to be. ETA: I need a mammo too, until I can get access to my damn records in Maine I'm not sure when I had my mammo, I know I'm due for a complete physical in April but I think I had mammos earlier.. frustrating.

So all you NIRDI ladies have a great Sunday.. sending huge hugs and love everyone's way. xoxoxo if i take pix of the lot today I will post if any look okay. xoxo

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Tekate I'm with you on the stones bothering between the finger. Your ring is beautiful! I wear a plain platinum band too when i am feeling sensitive! Here's a ring I picked up thursday night and its gorgeous but too thick between the fingers. Its 1.61 ct 7 stone ring but it's too thick. I think a 5 stone ideal will be my dream!!! I'm returning this ring today. Its beautiful and I got it on sale at Costco but it's not perfect so back it goes. But we all like eye candy lol! I took a pic on my left hand but it's for my right hand. Just hard to take pics with my left hand lol. 20200216_124637.jpg 20200216_124606.jpg 20200216_124540.jpg
I'm super excited for the 3 rings coming so I really don't need a 5 stone right now lol. We really need to figure out where we are living lol. @missy can understand the beauty of the JS! Life is short and it's so hard to make decisions. And great to hear marriage advice and stories from you and to see all the great examples here.

Attachments

• 20200216_111902.jpg
    20200216_111902.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 37

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The season is not over - proof below to all who NIRDI, & neither is my paper; day over!

Screenshot_20200216-193053.png Screenshot_20200216-193137.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne no worries about what the rabbit called me; I laughed. Nice you got to wear flip flops.

@missy that’s great Greg is doing so well and you are taking so many walks every day. I totally believe the swelling in Greg’s knees will go down. After my orthoscopic knee surgery seems like they were swollen for about 6 weeks. There is nothing wrong with being a nervous nellie about sweet Greg. I agree, it’s fun to get a sugar coma; the recovery not so much. I do like my sweets though. I totally enjoyed your pictures. Too funny about the cape - what is your alter ego superhero name? Bubbalah looks fabulous as always and Oliver is growing. Sweet that Greg made you Sweet Potatoes. I am still working on laundry too. It’s never ending.

@Niffler75 how fun your son was so excited for his birthday - but getting up that early not so much.

@bling_dream19 your Valentine dinner sounds nice. I love the Dolphin’s heart necklace. Very pretty. Your bands must be comfort fit; they do feel like butter. I traded mine back in but loved it. You have a good start on your RHR collection; long may it expand. The 7 stone ring is pretty but the side would bother me; I have one thick band like that and it doesn’t get worn a lot.

@Tekate I am totally chuckling at your story about John being grumpy - I am laughing with you because it all sounds so familiar. I am glad you are feeling great! You are so right that we control no one but ourselves. That took me a long time to learn; another one that took too long to sink in was you are as happy as you make up your mind to be. How cute Auti lights up around Grandpa; I think little girls have a special relationship with their dad and grandpa. It sounds like we have the same jewelry journey; my nieces and friends have been recipients of many pieces of jewelry I don’t want anymore. I am hankering for something new right now. Shocking, I know! Chocolate covered strawberries are delicious. Glad you went to the doctor; sounds like you have lots or appointments and specialists in your future. Good luck! Glad the test results were good and hoping the meds help your cholesterol. Sorry to hear your hip is hurting along with your shoulder. Have fun at your lot viewing / drinking party. How exciting Auti is starting to walk.

@Mamabean I hope the concert was nice. Marty and I don’t seem to talk as much anymore; I noticed that yesterday on our trip to Denver. It wasn’t uncomfortable silence though.

@AV_ those trees are gorgeous.

We’ve been busy this weekend. I worked on laundry yesterday morning including our bedding. I am now called putting a fitted sheet on a California King mattress wrestling a pig. I have short arms so I am worn out when I’m done. The first one I put on was a jersey knit and my thumb nail went through the last corner I was pulling on. I threw that sheet out because I know it would just continue to rip. We headed to Colorado yesterday after Marty finished with some clients at his gym. We had a late lunch at our favorite steak house about an hour from here then headed on to Denver. Marty’s thick wedding band was replaced at a very reasonable price since it couldn’t be sized. It is so sparkly and shiny new. I tried very hard to find something to try on in that big old jewelry store but didn’t see anything. There was a deep red Austin Marten outside the store for only $163,000; I liked it a lot. Marty then drove over to my favorite sapphire shopping store but they were closed already. That saved him LOTS of money, I’m sure. We stopped at a Duluth Trading store where I could have spent tons on warm clothes but I resisted. I got a t shirt and Marty got 3 pairs of pants. We had a supper of popcorn and watched Ford v Ferrari last night. This morning I continued on laundry. Our laundry was almost double since I was wearing thermals plus 3 tops most days and Marty had to actually put on real clothes 3 days last week. His usual work clothes are shorts and tee shirts; with sweets to cover the shorts on his way to the gym. I lifted this morning and struggled to write my March astronomy article for the paper. I need to tweak it tonight and get it submitted. We had grilled dead animal plus rice and veggies for lunch plus a mini cheesecake.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good night Marcy, don’t wear flips flops yet...you might lose them in the snow.
I hate changing sheets and even worse duvet covers. Good exercise though.
You had a nice day out. That red car would look pretty next to your giant sapphire with four wheels, don’t you think?

AV, your photos! Spectacular. Is that an almond in with the flowers?

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results