shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone! It's been a very lazy Sunday here, again more snow today, probably another 4 or so inches, we'll see what it ends up...it is so beautiful to watch as it falls.

Sunday is my rest day from the kitchen day, & hubby makes his scrambled eggs for brunch every week. Some weeks we'll go out, but tonight we're having left over chile & will enjoy the Grammy's.

I want to watch the evening gowns & jewelry, so I'll sign off now....Happy Sunday evening & hope you all have a great week this next week! :wavey: XO

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies, it's (not too I hope) manic Monday.

Hi Everyone! It's been a very lazy Sunday here, again more snow today, probably another 4 or so inches, we'll see what it ends up...it is so beautiful to watch as it falls.

Sunday is my rest day from the kitchen day, & hubby makes his scrambled eggs for brunch every week. Some weeks we'll go out, but tonight we're having left over chile & will enjoy the Grammy's.

I want to watch the evening gowns & jewelry, so I'll sign off now....Happy Sunday evening & hope you all have a great week this next week! :wavey: XO

@sarahb glad your recuperation is going well and thank you for sharing your journey with us. It is very helpful indeed and when it is Greg's turn to get the lithotripsy we now know what to expect. Thank you so much.

I TIVOd the fashion portion of the E red carpet and am looking forward to seeing what the ladies wore. I am not current re movies anymore so am not interested in who won what but the fashion I love. Hope you enjoyed it and glad your Sunday was a lazy relaxing one. Snow is beautiful as it is falling and until it gets dirty (around here that is pretty quick) I love it. And now that I have my Olang boots (thanks to @canuk-gal) I love walking around in the snow too. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful Monday Sarah. (((Hugs))).

HI:

@missy you are very brave to wear leather in cold weather!!!!!!!! I am always coated to the max!!! BTW I am the "advice"--my friend is ring shopping. I don't mind tagging along!

cheers--Sharon

Hope you had a blast Sharon! Any photos? Any impulse purchases? :love:
Sending you warm (((hugs))).

@missy Bubbalah, what a fireball.. Gosh I can't wait to see her again. Actually I would love for you, @Austina and me sitting together and I can just revel in the light of the 2 stones.!! and Ever too of course, but you know that I really do think OEC's are more beautiful, but the only way I could get to my dream size was thru upgrade at WF and I love my EVER forever.. Greg's incision is healed and done so very nicely. When I had my 2nd operation there were no stitches, I don't exactly remember what my surgeon did but I told him I liked 'this scar' much better than the first and he was excited etc and said he was using a new procedure.. anyway, my scar there is negligible but on my right thigh it's quite noticeable - only to me because I don't wear shorts or short bathing suits (age has some right ;-) )

@Tekate Aww me too Kate the Great! Me too! One day maybe soon... @Austina hint hint. Wow to no incision re your last surgery. Please share more details if you can. How did the surgeon do that? Was it laparoscopically? Was it robotically? I hear you re no shorts or bathing suits. Same here. I do not wear for the most part shorts or bathing suits. If I am wearing shorts it's in my house only and only if I am working out or really hot. Nobody needs to nor wants to see that. Not even me lol. Ever is gorgeous and can hold her own with Bubbalah and Bella I have no doubt. They are just different flavors of beautiful. :love:

Going to Mike's for pizza! going to see Auti, Michael corrected me on Autumn's nick name spelling, it's Auti! Ma, not Autie.. my son learned a bit about being Irish and Ma has started to make an entrance in his venacular when addressing me, I hope it's a 32 year old phase, like kids go through when they are 2 ya know ? ha! ;-)

Auti it is then. Though autocorrect is being difficult and keeps correcting it to anti lol. Haha ma is OK. It's when he starts calling you other words you need to be like no thank you. But Ma is OK. I sometimes call my mom Ma. Hope you enjoyed pizza yesterday. Now I suddenly have a craving for some pizza. How is the pizza out there? I think Brooklyn pizza rocks but I have never had pizza in Texas.

How are you and John feeling? I hope you are all better and that your architect is doing a good job for you. (((HUGS))).

@missy our ice cream was delicious. I really like their ice cream but I don’t try other flavors because I love that cake batter. You and Greg look great for your daily outing and sadly leather jackets usually aren’t warm enough for cold weather but sometimes style wins out. Beautiful picture of the snow from your friend in SC.

Oh it looked delicious indeed Marcy.
I am very achy today from lifting yesterday. We are going over to a friend’s house shortly for games and supper. Marty is making a cheese and cracker platter and I made mini cheesecake last night.

It’s in the 20’s (F) and snowing off and on today. I’d rather stay home. My friend has FOMO - I tell her I have FOBI - fear of being invited. Ha Ha.

Haha I am with you. I always have FOBI with a few exceptions. LOL. Hope the snow has stopped and please drive safely to work today. Hope you are not achey anymore from your lifting the other day and hope your mini cheesecake was well received at your friend's last night. Marcy you are killing me because cheesecake is a personal favorite of mine. :lickout:

@missy hi lovely. How on earth do you get olli lie still for claw trimming? Does he do that normally or is there catnip involved? My two cats are a nightmare. They just seem to know and scarper. Then we have the fiasco of chasing them round the house. Maybe catnip would work for us? :lol-2:

Thank you everyone again for your kind words about my sons school. I think we have another visit from his new teacher on Wednesday then planning to transition him into some fun activities and meet some of the staff and other kids.
I am thinking what the heck am I going to do with my time when he is at school?! :evil2:

@Niffler75 Greg and I cut their nails all the time. I hold Oliver down, scruff his neck and stretch him and put my body weight on his to keep him still and Greg cuts his nails. If we didn't cut their nails we would be cut to ribbons by now. We have had cats for well over 25 years at this point so we sort of know what we are doing somewhat lol. Some cats are much more challenging than others and Tommy is that way and so is Oliver but for example Francesca was a sweetheart when it came to cutting her nails and Greg could do it by himself. Oh I miss that girl so freaking much. My heart hurts thinking of her and Fred. :(

Did I tell you how much I enjoyed the photos you shared of your 2 cats? Thank you for sharing them with us.

I am so pleased it worked out so well for you guys and hope he loves his new school and teacher(s) and I think you will find many things to occupy your time while he is at school. And we are always here. Bling away girlfriend. Enjoy any free time you have. ((Hugs)).

Ollie looks the picture of innocence having his nails clipped @missy :lol: The groomer always told me Dottie was an angel while she was being groomed, but with me she’d wriggle and squirm and run if she could. I’m sorry there’s still a thyroid problem, hopefully an adjustment in his meds will set him right, and it’ll be interesting to see if there’s an underlying problem with Ollie being so greedy. Well done on getting back in to driving, the traffic there is pretty manic, so to get there and back in one piece was quite an achievement.

Thank you @Austina. Yesterday I drove us to Fairway in Red Hook and I have to say I am getting my confidence back driving in NYC. I just needed to do it.

It’s been absolutely foul today, we’re in the grips of storm Ciara, it’s been battering the whole country and causing quite a lot of damage in parts. Wet and very wild here. I spent yesterday cooking, I’ve portioned up quite a lot of food for the freezer, for days when I don’t feel like cooking (which is quite often :lol:). Shirley messaged me to say she’s got a terrible headache so I’m not talking her tonight.

Sorry your weather was not good this weekend and speeding the day cooking sounds great. I love having food ready to go in the freezer during the week when cooking is more of a hassle. Hope your weather calms down and that you are enjoying a lovely Monday. Hugs to you. And maybe you can catch up with Shirley when she is feeling better. Headaches make it difficult to concentrate so better your call was postponed.

@bling_dream19 gorgeous photos and I am not surprised. Your taste is impeccable and I loved everything you wore during your wedding photo shoot. Including your cluster earrings that you didn't wear during your wedding. They go perfectly with your stunning dress and other accessories. Hugs to you dear girl.

A storm has been comming down the mountain slowly since before noon, and now it is properly cold; I haven't moved far from the kitchen table between work & lunch & watching beans stew while feighning work, mostly. This sure was a day off, if not quite intended. I'll be off to a library tomorrow to pretend properly.

Sorry the storm messed up your library plans but hopefully you can enjoy the library today. Some days are just like that. Work as you can, feign the rest and enjoy some hearty meals. I love beans and miss them but that is a story for another day. My favorite hearty meal was black beans and quinoa. But I was also a chickpea fan. I always soaked the beans overnight before I cooked them. Hope today is a good day @AV_ and that you accomplish all you want to.

@Slick1 thinking of you and hoping Chase improves this week and of course sending you bucketloads of good luck dust for Thursday. I know we have a few days before then but it never hurts to get early dust! Have a good Monday. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian continued good wishes for your mom and hugs to you. XO.

@Mamabean what are you up to dear Joanne? How goes the bling projects? Anything new to share with us? Hugs.

@Jimmianne loved those sunglasses and curious if you made a decision yet? Hugs to you and have a wonderful Monday. XOXO

Yesterday I drove to Fairway with Greg and I love that store. Will be sad when it closes. Of course the employees know nothing about when they are closing and were even told they aren't closing but we know they are. It is just a matter of time. Anyway it was great going there and we went early so it wasn't too crowded at all. Sweet. When we got home Greg was in discomfort so he iced and we didn't get to walk around the neighborhood as the outing proved a bit too much for him.

I am headed to my mammo/ultrasound appt in a bit so have a lovely day girls. Sending you hugs.

Leaving you with the "angelic" Oliver. Laying in the sun yesterday afternoon. So content. And sweet when he is not wreaking havoc. LOL and Oy to the vey. :cheeky:

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 5.44.04 AM.png

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck at the doctor today missy. Ollie is the cutest little troublemaker. We have one cat that we call “tape eater” because she will go into the basement and chew packing tape off boxes. Then barf it out on the carpet. She also pierces post-it notes with her teeth. Looks like a staple remover did it. But the time she did it to my son’s school picture was too much. Now we put everything in a drawer (well, except for boxes downstairs). Precious angel(while asleep)

77ACA380-43CF-4203-98C4-E1E577A7D10C.jpeg FF179500-44EF-4A73-9475-8D42719BF2D7.jpeg 9FD32E60-8277-475E-9802-4C16DD81FCE0.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck at the doctor today missy. Ollie is the cutest little troublemaker. We have one cat that we call “tape eater” because she will go into the basement and chew packing tape off boxes. Then barf it out on the carpet. She also pierces post-it notes with her teeth. Looks like a staple remover did it. But the time she did it to my son’s school picture was too much. Now we put everything in a drawer (well, except for boxes downstairs). Precious angel(while asleep)

77ACA380-43CF-4203-98C4-E1E577A7D10C.jpeg FF179500-44EF-4A73-9475-8D42719BF2D7.jpeg 9FD32E60-8277-475E-9802-4C16DD81FCE0.jpeg

This one is an angel awake or sleeping. Spike is a little peanut. C8B8A1AB-9413-4418-BD16-465D5AA07CDE.jpeg

Awww ❤️❤️❤️Sweet!
Your tape eater looks a bit like Fred❤️

Yes I have to put everything and I mean everything away. He eats my clothes!

Thanks for your good wishes. Waiting now. Mammogram done but waiting for radiologist to read it and then may need to repeat and then I have to get my ultrasound. Long morning just hoping it’s good news.

How are you doing? Hoping all is well. Sending (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m home and all is fine. Mammogram and ultrasound unchanged. With the added comments “breast tissue is very dense and be aware that can make cancer harder to find so discuss with your doctor”. Lol way to pass the ball. That’s why I’ve been getting mammograms and ultrasounds for the past 15 plus years. ::)

Thanks for all your good wishes.

And the blood results are back for Tommy and Oliver. Tommy needs increased meds so going to Tuesday Thursday Saturday 2 pills and the rest of the week one pill. Oliver’s test was normal so back to the drawing board with him. Food obsession is probably behavioral.

That’s the update and hope everyone is enjoying a good Monday.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Awww @ringo865 the pusskats are lovely. How’re you doing? I can’t help but hear Joey Tribiani’s voice whenever I say that :lol: I really hope things are going well for you and you’re feeling good.

So glad your Drs appts went well today @missy, not pleasant but must be done. Which reminds me I’m due a mammogram, but they’ll call me when it’s time. Sorry to hear Greg was in discomfort yesterday, he’s doing so well, I expect it’s hard to remember it’s only been a couple of weeks since the surgery. Hopefully he’s doing better today. I think you’re right about Ollie, Harry was always greedy, even though he never went without, but the first 8 months of his life he was half starved.

Some of those pieces were beyond amazing @Jimmianne, my mind was literally boggled at their beauty. I wonder if he’s looking for an over the hill bling lover :lol:

We had a very lazy day too @sarahb, it was far too nasty to go out, so we binged watched a show on Netflix. The Stranger based on a Harlem Cohen book.

Hi @Niffler75 - hopefully you didn’t get blown away by Ciara. It was pretty wild here, but the only damage is one of our neighbour‘s fence panels has blown in to our garden.

How’re your weather @marcy, it’s been wet and wild here again today, but I imagine that’s pretty tame compared to where you are? Did you read that a BA flight from NY to London made it in record breaking sub sonic time because of the winds? Less than 5 hours, not more than Concorde used to take.

Hope all is well with you and yours @Scandinavian, and the furries are behaving themselves and not running off.

We went to the gym this morning and the driving range this afternoon, just managed to dodge the rain. I think the wind has finally died down, let’s hope it lasts.

We’re going to have a sauna soon then snuggle up in bed.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good start to the week :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Tekate how was pizza night with Mike? How is cute Auti? I seem to be sneezing more and have a sore throat but still feel better than a week ago. Thanks. Are you and John feeling better? I wore a hat for my wedding too. Seemed like a smart thing to do in Wyoming wind. I could attach it to my hair.

@sarahb sounds like you had a cozy, restful and peaceful day yesterday. Nice.

@missy glad the tests went okay today for you. I hope the revised meds help Tommy and darn for not discovering why Oliver is hungry all the time. No snow today so far. That’s all I’m going to commit to right now. It looks cold there. Okay, I’ll eat my remaining mini cheesecake to prevent your suffering. I’m a giver like that. Nice you drove to the store yesterday. Sorry it made Greg sore, I hope he is doing better today. Yes Oliver looks quite angelic napping in the sun.

@ringi865 your kitties are so cute.

@Niffler75 your sweet kitty looks comfy. Now I want a nap and I never take them.

@Jimmianne ooh eye candy. Did you go see it?

@Austina has the storm settled down yet? It looks like there has been a lot of damage. I did see that new flight time record. I mentioned it to Marty he used to fly to the U.K. quite a bit about 8 years ago. All he said is that would be nice. It was still shorter than the flight to Hong Kong. A day of golf, gym and sauna sounds lovely. Take care, rest up and be safe.

Dinner and games last night was fun. My friend does a family dinner every Sunday with her family, her parents and her sister with her family. They’ve been picking a theme every Sunday and this one was French food. The made assorted fish, chateaubriand and ratatouille. Everything was good. Except for going out in the cold part.

I’m probably going to lift tonight. Marty wants me to start lifting 3 days a week so why not? It will warm me up.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out! :wavey:

Bright sunny day!!! Had a brisk walk in -2C--but there were joggers out! lol Canadians! Icy and I skidded a couple of times despite wearing my spiky boots.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal at least it’s sunny there. Enjoy. We are totally cloud covered. We see people out jogging all the time here too. I guess where we both live if you let the weather stop you it’ll cut your activities dramatically.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy glad everything checked out for you today. To be honest I detest being prodded and poked as I am usually sore from the ehlers danlos. I am not looking forward to mammograms in the future! :cry:
@marcy Hiya, we do themed family dinners here too. My 8 year old eats a fantastic range of foods and his current fave theme dinner is mexican!
@Austina Well we didn't get blown away! We live near a stream that had a bit of flooding but nowhere near our property. Other parts of Yorkshire not get off so lightly though. :oops2:
@ringo865 Your fur baby photos are adorable! :kiss2:

@canuk-gal It's chilly where you are. We may be due a bit of snow here but in true British form, the sign of a single snowflake means cancelled trains, chaos on the roads and everyone running round like headless chickens!

My custom ring is at the assay office then my jeweller will
set the spessartite and Mali garnets. Super excited!
Take care everyone, will check in tomorrow! x

Last edited:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niffler75 your curled up kitty looks a bit like my Coda (aka tape eater) and @missy’s Fred. I always thought spike looked a bit like Zoe. My late kat Zeppy (short for zeppelin) I think looks a bit like Ollie. She was a total doormat though. All other cats were alpha to her. Now that she’s gone, spike and coda cannot decide what’s going on. They are both alpha. But no one to alpha over. Haha
B4A6F3D0-473E-4E34-92DF-51BD69194C2B.jpeg

Good news about your mammo. I don’t have to get them anymore. Yay, but :( I’m all done with treatments and late summer I’ll be getting a rebuild from abdominal excess. Oh and the happy side effect is a tummy tuck. So, again, yay.

My mom is doing great after her TKR on 1/14. She has been discharged from home PT and starts out patient PT next week. She still cannot drive and has nobody to take her on mike long walks. She is supposed to walk for five minutes every two hours. One day we went to the grocery store for like two hours. She probably got her mike on that day.

Sharon, isn’t -2C like just below freezing? It’s supposed to be below 0F again later this week. Hovering around freezing is a piece of cake comparatively. Luckily it’ll be short lived.

I’m getting cabin fever for our little cottage up north. It’s seasonal, so they don’t turn the water on until late April (depending on ground temp). Looking forward to spending weekends up there doing stuff rather than last summer when I was recuperating.

Scandi, I hope your mom is doing better and that your gramma ate something. nutritious. My mom is always like, oh no, I’m not hungry. I had a grape this morning and a yogurt yesterday. Lol. I’m like one grape fills you up?!?

More later. Just a post-and-run dropping my kat in here.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I’m happy your mammo came out fine today. I’m going to check into having a sonogram in addition to the mammo again. I don’t think they will order it for me..but I can try. I had a biopsy years ago and I was told they wouldn’t be able to do sonograms..This was when I lived in New Jersey many years ago..so maybe it’s changed.
Ollie looks a so sweet...Too bad you didn’t find the solution to his hunger issue..Tommy is also a sweetie...I’m sorry his thyroid isn’t regulated yet..but it sounds like a good plan to get it regular. When do you have to go back to have him retested? I was always a dog person because I never had a cat. My mom had one after I got married...but I never lived in a house with one. When I was pregnant with Chris she sensed someone was different and would snuggle my feet...Once he was born and I visited my mom..she took one look at Chris screaming his head off..she pretty much never came out when we were there..lol..Her name was Muffin..
@Niffler75 I’m so happy you found a good school for your boy....Your kitty is so sweet! It seems there are more kitties than dogs on PS. As I was saying to Missy above...I never grew up around cats...I stare at all the kitties and now I want one...Bailey wouldn’t tolerate a little sister or brother furry though..I also wanted to tell you I love your rings..Great finds!
@ringo865 I hope you are doing well..I also love your kitties..I want to just kiss them up..They are so adorable..
@Austina It sounds like you had some of our rainy..windy weather! I love to stay in when the weather is bad..get in my pjs and be fuzzy...
It‘s great it cleared up a little to go to the gym and get out a little..Do you have a sauna in your house? I’ve never been in one..I love small spaces but I think I would be claustrophobic in a sauna because of the heat..
I am enjoying my ACA..It’s so much whiter than I expected. I’ve been playing with different bands..I don’t know when Ashlee will be done. I never ask...I just wait my turn..I think it may be sometime the end of February...
@marcy Is Marty training you for an exhibition? Will we see you on tv lifting cars and such? lol I’m so jealous! I think your determination to get strong is amazing!
I‘m glad I didn’t lose this. I was in the middle of typing to Marcy and it sent itself! I thought I lost it but I refreshed the page and saw it was sent!
Adding just a bit..
I ordered a zircon ring from Germany before Thanksgiving. It was lost after it not moving in the mail and stuck between Germany and the US. The vendor refunded my money but I promised if it showed up I would pay her back. She contacted me this morning to say it was moving in the system again. It was an inexpensive ring but it’s so pretty...It’s 9k white gold and all zircons..but I loved it..I should be getting it soon..fingers and toes crossed..
@junebug I finally received the drops from Yvonne..They were so delayed she sent me a complimentary gift of a small jewelry holder. When I opened the package my heart sunk because the jump ring was so tiny..there was no way I could get my hoop in. We had discussed that it needed to be big enough to go over my hoop. She said she had the same hoops..I guess what happened was it was over the holiday and she was busy and forgot about how it needed to be bigger. They are really sweet but 4mm is really small. I think the jump ring will have to be as big as the tourmaline. She sent me a label to send them back. I sent them with a drop that I know fits. The photo shows a hoop that I purchased just to see what size would fit in the hole she made. 1mm was the biggest hoop that would fit in the hole..That would be too thin to wear..and wasn’t why I purchased the drops. She’s been very nice..so hopefully they will work when I get them back.

Attachments

• 0AD0FD79-DC39-4429-8397-5D3FE42200AA.jpeg
    0AD0FD79-DC39-4429-8397-5D3FE42200AA.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Guys, hope every one is having a good Monday. I got mostly good cards today at bridge, yay, always makes the afternoon much more enjoyable. I love playing that game, it sure is fun. It was great to get out of the house, its cold & overcast here, which is what we get Nov-March.

Tomorrow is back to working out with my trainer, which will be good. I've missed the activity, and seeing her--she is a great friend. Not swimming until Fri. Have been losing weight, so onward with that effort also. I have a mini-goal to hit which I blew by last week, so still need to lose a couple more to hit it. Onward we go.....

@missy, I sure do hope Greg has an easy time of it when its his turn, this has been a cake walk for me. I am sorry his knee is talking to him, those are supposed to be the hardest joint replacement to go through. I know you are giving him the best care, hopefully soon this will be but a memory. Glad your Dr appt's went well today!

@marcy, good luck with your lifting--you are fortunate to have Marty & his expertise to help guide you along the journey--& yes, it was a perfect day yesterday, sounds like you had a nice one also. :)

We got more snow last night, not enough to cancel school. It takes a about 6-8" to cancel school around here--of course it also depends on the timing of the snow fall. If it all falls the day before & the plows run all night, school will most likely be on the next day. But if the snow falls mostly overnight, then chances are higher for a cancellation. This winter has been the warmest in recent memory, our cold air usually drops down from Canada & we just haven't had the low temps we usually get. @canuk-gal, you keeping it all for yourself?!? :lol:

@Austina, glad you had a nice day yesterday & enjoyed your movie--nice to do that on a cold winter day. Hubby ended up sharpening the knives & did his normal puttering. I spent most of the afternoon watching my basketball team play--I record the games--I love college ball & our team this year is good, so that makes it fun.
Sending NIRDI ((hugs)) & hope you all are having a nice evening!:wavey:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelly NIRDI ladies
Just catching up with you all
Ive been feeling down in the dumps so im not saying much
But i enjoy very much getting a wee look into your lives that you shear with us
I thinl Ollie might just be one of those teenage boys with the hollow legs
Do you know much of his history @missy
Tinky was a stray kitten picked up off the street/under a hedge. It took many years for him to understand he had food security and he would finally leave food on the plate when he was full
We never went to bed without making sure he had some cat biscuits in his bowl
I miss that tinkle in the middle of the night of him midnight snacking

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, oh no to the hoops being too small - Yvonne will make it right. They're really pretty. Great news that the zircon ring has been detected and I hope it shows up soon - where the heck was it all this time lol - it is a beautiful ring.

@missy, glad your tests turned out fine. And good news that Greg's check-up went well and he's progressing. Sorry to hear that Tommy needs extra meds and I hope it helps him and he starts gaining some weight. Oliver is really cute. My brother is doing ok, thanks...sleeping a bit better and hopefully it lasts for a while.

@Tekate, I forgot the loss of your sister was so recent. So sorry, the uncertainty is hard and what a devastating loss. So great you have Auti to brighten your days. Thanks for your nice words...I am a total beginner at painting and I don't think I'll progress much. I'm much more impressed with you being really good at law classes Lol.

@AV_, too bad you didn't make it to the gallery. I would make that pastry shop a priority LOL.

@Niffler75, I'm so happy things worked out for your son's school! Your sunstone ring is absolutely beautiful, gorgeous color. And your kitties are adorable.

@sarahb, so glad the procedure went well and you're feeling good. Very nice you had such a relaxing weekend. You deserve it, you had a rough week.

@bling_dream19, I'm sorry you've been upset about your dress. I hate the way the stylist did my hair, and it was a hot day and everyone looks overheated and sweaty! I understand but I'm sure you look lovely and I hope that over time you will be more at peace with it. the photos will always bring back memories of a really special day. Your dress and jewelry are gorgeous. I'm glad you had such a great time with the photo shoot.

@Austina, I hear you on the gym...some days I feel like I was hit by a truck! But they say it's good for us so good to keep at it I guess. I'm going to check out that show, I really like Harlan Coben.

@marcy, lol to FOBI - I definitely have that! Dinner and games sounds like a great way to spend an evening. Glad you managed a little extra sleep over the weekend.

@canuk-gal, glad you could get out for a walk even though it's cold. Be careful on that ice.

@ringo865, your cats are so sweet! Really glad you're doing well.

@Daisys and Diamonds, I'm sorry you're feeling down and I hope you feel better soon.

Not much happening here...had a relaxing weekend, didn't do a lot...dh and I hung out, got some take-out, and watched some golf. Weather has been rainy and cold and more of the same tomorrow so I'll just stay in and do some things around the house.

Wishing everyone a good day tomorrow!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Tuesday to all.

@missy I’m happy your mammo came out fine today. I’m going to check into having a sonogram in addition to the mammo again. I don’t think they will order it for me..but I can try. I had a biopsy years ago and I was told they wouldn’t be able to do sonograms..This was when I lived in New Jersey many years ago..so maybe it’s changed.
Ollie looks a so sweet...Too bad you didn’t find the solution to his hunger issue..Tommy is also a sweetie...I’m sorry his thyroid isn’t regulated yet..but it sounds like a good plan to get it regular. When do you have to go back to have him retested? I was always a dog person because I never had a cat. My mom had one after I got married...but I never lived in a house with one. When I was pregnant with Chris she sensed someone was different and would snuggle my feet...Once he was born and I visited my mom..she took one look at Chris screaming his head off..she pretty much never came out when we were there..lol..Her name was Muffin..

Thank you for keeping me company yesterday as I was waiting for the tests. And that ring made my morning. I love it and am so happy they found it. A sweet deal for a sweet ring for a sweet lady. :love:
And Yvonne will fix the drops/hoops but I am sorry it is delayed now.

I hope they can do the ultrasound for you. I mean they know the area you had the biopsy so can just ignore that area if they cannot read it but you do have the other breast and breast tissue that is unscarred in the biopsied breast.

@missy glad the tests went okay today for you. I hope the revised meds help Tommy and darn for not discovering why Oliver is hungry all the time. No snow today so far. That’s all I’m going to commit to right now. It looks cold there. Okay, I’ll eat my remaining mini cheesecake to prevent your suffering. I’m a giver like that. Nice you drove to the store yesterday. Sorry it made Greg sore, I hope he is doing better today. Yes Oliver looks quite angelic napping in the sun.

LOL gee, thanks I think. Hahaha yes you are a giver. All I can think is cheesecake right now. So you "gave" me that desire at 5:30 AM in the morning. Yummmmmm. Greg is doing much better today and yesterday too. We went for a nice long walk (mile and a half or so) so yay.

Dinner and games last night was fun. My friend does a family dinner every Sunday with her family, her parents and her sister with her family. They’ve been picking a theme every Sunday and this one was French food. The made assorted fish, chateaubriand and ratatouille. Everything was good. Except for going out in the cold part.

I’m probably going to lift tonight. Marty wants me to start lifting 3 days a week so why not? It will warm me up.

How did lifting go? Dinner and games sound like so much fun. Right up my alley. I love that. And I love french food. My favorite. Le Bernardin is my favorite restaurant too. Though I cannot enjoy their amazing bread anymore. But it is still delicious in all ways. Sorry about the cold weather. Spring is on the way eventually and just one day at a time to make it through your challenging winter. XO.

@Niffler75 your curled up kitty looks a bit like my Coda (aka tape eater) and @missy’s Fred. I always thought spike looked a bit like Zoe. My late kat Zeppy (short for zeppelin) I think looks a bit like Ollie. She was a total doormat though. All other cats were alpha to her. Now that she’s gone, spike and coda cannot decide what’s going on. They are both alpha. But no one to alpha over. Haha
B4A6F3D0-473E-4E34-92DF-51BD69194C2B.jpeg

Good news about your mammo. I don’t have to get them anymore. Yay, but :( I’m all done with treatments and late summer I’ll be getting a rebuild from abdominal excess. Oh and the happy side effect is a tummy tuck. So, again, yay.

My mom is doing great after her TKR on 1/14. She has been discharged from home PT and starts out patient PT next week. She still cannot drive and has nobody to take her on mike long walks. She is supposed to walk for five minutes every two hours. One day we went to the grocery store for like two hours. She probably got her mike on that day.

I’m getting cabin fever for our little cottage up north. It’s seasonal, so they don’t turn the water on until late April (depending on ground temp). Looking forward to spending weekends up there doing stuff rather than last summer when I was recuperating.

More later. Just a post-and-run dropping my kat in here.

@ringo865 I am glad that awful time is behind you and that you are doing well. And yay about the good side effects lol tummy tuck and all. And also wonderful news about your mom doing so well after her TKR just a few days before Greg had his. He starts outpatient PT tomorrow but his surgeon was against him doing PT formally. The surgeon wants him to forgo it and just do the PT exercises himself at home. I guess he has seen more than one aggressive therapist causing a backward slide in progress. Greg wants to do formal PT to get feedback and guidance and we won't let the therapist be too aggressive. And we will see how it goes. TBT it would be easier not to go time wise since it is a pain in the neck getting there and back but as long as Greg wants to go I will comply with his wishes despite what the surgeon says. I am not super happy with the surgeon anyway as at our first follow up he rushed us out and I was not pleased at all. He also didn't watch Greg walk and just bent his knee and looked at it but no walking was observed. I found that odd but I am not an orthopedic surgeon so what do I know.

Anyway love the kitties and thank you for sharing them. Your one cat so looks like Fred. And the other one is gorgeous too. Where is the one who looks like Ollie? Sending you continued healing vibes and hugs.

@Slick1 your DD is freaking talented. LOVE her work. Hope you have a wonderful day at work and I am still sending you lots of good luck for Thursday and big hugs. XOXO.

@Scandinavian hope your mom is doing well and hugs to all of you.

Hello lovelly NIRDI ladies
Just catching up with you all
Ive been feeling down in the dumps so im not saying much
But i enjoy very much getting a wee look into your lives that you shear with us
I thinl Ollie might just be one of those teenage boys with the hollow legs
Do you know much of his history @missy
Tinky was a stray kitten picked up off the street/under a hedge. It took many years for him to understand he had food security and he would finally leave food on the plate when he was full
We never went to bed without making sure he had some cat biscuits in his bowl
I miss that tinkle in the middle of the night of him midnight snacking

GM lovely Daisy. Oliver just walked up to the rescuer. That is all we know. He was found on the streets at only about 6 weeks old? I mean strays can be food obsessed I know that because they were deprived of food at so young an age. I just hope he outgrows it or mellows out at least somewhat. This is really crazy how much he wants to eat always.

@missy, I sure do hope Greg has an easy time of it when its his turn, this has been a cake walk for me. I am sorry his knee is talking to him, those are supposed to be the hardest joint replacement to go through. I know you are giving him the best care, hopefully soon this will be but a memory. Glad your Dr appt's went well today!

Thank you Sarah. He is doing pretty well. We walked a lot yesterday and he was back to feeling good. Yes we were told by lots of people that TKR is the hardest joint replacement. My dad who had both hip and knee said hip was like a 2 and the knee replacement was over a 12 haha. Something like that. Glad you are doing so well and that the lithotripsy is behind you! Do you know what the follow up is for your kidney stones? I don't remember how many did you have and what size were they? And what is their anticipated departure? Hopefully they are already gone or they will be all gone very soon. XO.

@missy, glad your tests turned out fine. And good news that Greg's check-up went well and he's progressing. Sorry to hear that Tommy needs extra meds and I hope it helps him and he starts gaining some weight. Oliver is really cute. My brother is doing ok, thanks...sleeping a bit better and hopefully it lasts for a while.

Glad to hear your brother is doing better re sleep and yes let that last please.

@Austina love the Dottie collage. Sending you hugs across the many miles. I keep reminding myself we gave them all we could and they knew they were loved every minute we were with them. Gentle hugs and love to you and Colin.

@AV_ did someone say pastry shop? LOL yes please. :lickout:

Not much happening here...had a relaxing weekend, didn't do a lot...dh and I hung out, got some take-out, and watched some golf. Weather has been rainy and cold and more of the same tomorrow so I'll just stay in and do some things around the house.

Sounds like the perfect weekend for this kind of weather. My good friend plays golf with her dh and Greg and I plan on trying it at some point. Greg doesn't think I will enjoy it but we shall see. I love miniature golf though I know it is very different. Have a nice Tuesday Junie.

@Tekate great Kate sweet wise and wonderful how are you and John feeling? Sending you hugs across the rainy miles and hope you are all on the mend if not completely well by now. Any house updates?

@bling_dream19 good morning and hope you are enjoying a good week. XO.

@Niffler75 gorgeous kitties and yay to everything working out. And I love your Sunstone ring. Now I want a sunstone piece. Maybe a pendant? I know nothing about them but they seem to be very happy stones. Enjoy and hope your week is going well. XO.

@canuk-gal oh I am glad you got to take a good walk but please yes be careful on the ice. I wore my red Olang Glamour boots yesterday as it was rainy all day and when Greg and I went for our walk it was teaming. Those boots rock. I didn't put the ice picky things down though since it was just rain but they are so sweet and waterproof too. Love them.

Speaking of walking in the teaming rain here's our photo yesterday. Can you make out the red Olang boots? I took the photo so fast that I sort of cut them off. Though in that mirror you cannot get the full body anyway.

missyandgregwalkinginrainwithcane.png

Have a great Tuesday lovely ladies. May it be bright and cheery despite the weather which is dreary. Hugs.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Maybe we can plot our sunstone pendant projects together! :evil2::lol-2: I am saving for a bicolour sunstone and am thinking of getting it semi bezel set east west. If things work out with my new jeweller I can design the pendant setting and she can make it.

@Tekate Hiya, I feel like I have lost touch a bit with how you are doing. I am sorry for your recent loss. My father in law passed away last october and I feel it keenly some days. Take care x

@Mamabean I am so relieved about finally getting a place at the new school for my son. His new teacher is so lovely, she is visiting us tomorrow!

@Daisys and Diamonds I am sorry you are feeling low at present. I hope our posts and general shenanigans are brightening your day a bit!

@Scandinavian Thinking of you, take care. x
Please everyone stay safe and warm in the cold weather.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Sorry you’re feeling down @Daisys and Diamonds , I hope things get brighter for you soon. Take care.

Good news you didn’t sustain any damage @Niffler75, we don’t usually get the worst of it here, but yikes, it was bad enough. Hope the teacher visit goes well tomorrow, and your little guy gets on well with her.

Ah phooey the drops didn’t work out @Mamabean, hopefully you’ll get them sorted so you can start wearing them. Yes, we have a sauna in our house! We didn’t think we’d ever use it when we moved here, but it’s lovely in the winter when it‘s cold outside. It’s a Monday night ritual, we have a sauna, shower then go to bed and watch TV for an hour before hopefully nodding off. The first owners of our house were American and they had it put in. I don’t think the people before us ever used it because they were storing all sorts of junk in there.

Thank you @missy, it’s been a sad couple of days remembering how Dottie came to us, and missing her so much. I’m glad to hear that Greg is feeling better, and able to get back to walking, even if the weather is foul. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, red is a fabulous colour on you!

Good job you’re so hardy @canuk-gal, your weather is freeeeeezing. When we were in Churchill seeing the polar bears, we had on thermals and ski suits and the bus driver was in shorts!

Fortunately things have calmed down here @marcy, I did read that planes heading towards the US were taking up to 2 1/2 hrs longer because of the winds. Your themed dinner night sounds fun, but I hear you on going out when the weather’s horrible.

Sounds like the perfect way to spend the weekend @junebug17, your weather sounds as dreary as ours. That’s good that your brother is sleeping a bit better, is that because of anything he’s taking?

Hi @Tekate, how’re things going there? Adam said they’d had a little snow and that it’s been raining there. Anything happening with the house? How’re are you and John feeling now?

Hi @sarahb I’ve tried playing bridge, and I did enjoy it, but I think you need to play regularly to get good at it, and we haven’t played for a long time. Do you belong to a bridge club, or get together with your friends?

Did you get to the exhibit yet @AV_?

Good news your Mum is doing so well after her surgery @ringo865 and I know it’s no fun hacing surgery, but hopefully after the reconstructive surgery, that’ll be it for you.

I didn’t go to pilates this morning, my shoulder has been hurting again, so I’ve got a heat pad on it which seems to be helping. We did go out for afternoon tea, we’d been invited to a presentation at a lovely hotel on the river, so that was a nice bonus. The weather‘s been sunny but cold today, but at least the gales have stopped.

Hope everything is going well there @Scandanavian

:wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!
Yes, my DD’s had this kind of back. Very difficult to tighten, but lovely. I shudder to think of the days when women wore corsets...or even my mother’s daily girdle wearing. But for a special occasion, so worth it. Congratulations on your photo shoot!

Thank you @Jimmianne I had NO idea how difficult this dress was to lace up properly! Yes the corset is beautiful but at least it's not the everyday norm :lol:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ditto. Makes one feel as though they are part of that wonderful day.
thank you so much for sharing, bling dream!

@Jimmianne You all were part of my day for sure! I kept everyone's words in my head that you all wrote. The day would not have been near as special if it wasn't for this wonderful group. And the jewelry would not have been near as spectacular if it wasn't for PS!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 I love everything about what you chose to wear. They are classic and beautiful...You thought of every detail..Perfection...Thank you for sharing your photos!

Thank you @Mamabean I appreciate your sweet compliments Joanne - I was going for classic and beautiful and I say the same is true of you!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi folks! Happy Tuesday! I'm working from home so I'm able to catch up :kiss2: I hope everyone is having a great start to the week. Speaking of which, thank you for all fantastic comments and compliments - yall know how to make a girl feel good!
@Austina thank you for your sweet compliments - means a lot coming from you. You are classy with flair! I have a sauna too - of coarse from Costco! I got it a few years ago and I don't use it near as much as I would like. I love your Monday night ritual. We used to use it most Friday afternoons early evening and it was a great way to close out the work week and begin the weekend. I think we will give some thought to finding 1-2 times per week to use it.
@marcy thank you for your sweet dress and bling compliments! And you made a good point, we were much more relaxed and it was fun to get dressed up again without the pressure of the wedding. You go girl with your weight lifting! I am going to get on a workout routine, now that I don't have the excuse of planning a wedding :lol:
@Tekate thank you for your thoughtful comments and compliments as always! I have no doubt you looked beautiful at your first wedding and your second. And you and @junebug17 are taking the pressure off having everything "perfect" and of coarse we are our harshest critics. I'm sure your hair looked beautiful Junie - I hear you it's a different thing when someone else is styling the hair for such a big day. It's all part of the memories!!
And speaking of memories - here is a GREAT one! So, my husband and I stayed in separate rooms the night before we got married. So, he's getting dressed wedding morning into his tux and discovers that his tux shirt doesn't have buttons! He got a gorgeous new tux for the wedding and sent it out for pressing and I think they removed the temp buttons. We didn't know that one was supposed to buy buttons for a tux shirt! I had given him 2 sets of cufflinks over the years and he wasn't sure which pair he was going to wear for the wedding. Both are love knots, one sterling silver and the pair 14kt YG. So, in his resourceful ways he stayed cool and used 1 pair of cuff links for his wrists and the other pair for his shirt "buttons" It actually looked great! But it was hilarious because his chest hair would pop out and it was only 2 buttons! It's a great memory and he handled it great.
@missy thank you for all of your sweet bling and style compliments! You have impeccable taste and you always know what to say. I love your red coat too looks great on you! Hugs to you.
@junebug17 thank you for kind compliments! I hope you're having a fun and relaxing week!
@Daisys and Diamonds I hope you're feeling better. I hear you on isolating sometimes but not too long. Maybe listen to some Springsteen or look through some pictures or call a friend that makes you laugh. Hang in there, you'll feel better soon hugs.
I'm getting a massage this evening - can't wait! Hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am hilariously stuck at the desk! Yes, it is nice & the wiew is where i'd want to be walking - but there is no way to do two happy things at once, never mind four [add pastries & art]. It seems to be at least the fourth week I expect to pass by said gallery, just as well that they'll be open throughout - March. I am very happy with work & this is very necessary.

I have seriously lost track [much of the time, I just do not know what to say! - but read & put a 'Like' at all read posts that are not addressed only to someone else, as a rule [IMHO, the next Nobel for Literature ought to go to whom comes up with a reasonable replacement for the 'Like' - it is a 'keep in mind' sign for me & does work a little]

NIRDI, Good Night

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results