shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

@sarahb sorry you are having had some pain last night, I am you are feeling better today. Thank you for the kind words about my “words.” I guess I’m old enough my inner dialogue leaks out. I am glad we have the same mantra. Our minds have a mind of their own; go figure.

@canuk-gal I’m just wondering how many months of this cold and snow crap do we have left?

@missy Greg’s knee is looking good and glad to hear his appointment went well. Bubbalah is looking gorgeous. You are beary welcome; and I doubt if you would mind if I am catty (ha ha). I don’t always like what my mind and body tell me but I’d like to think they are wise. I don’t think it’s bad to talk to yourself; it’s okay to answer yourself but it’s pretty sad if you have to say “sorry I wasn’t listening”. Woo hoo its Friday indeed. LOL I love those flimsy gowns and clothes they give you for exams; I’m like really - I’m uncomfortable stripping down here anyway. After one of my knee surgeries I painted a face on my knee with eye shadow; my surgeon was amused.

@Niffler75 your sunstone is definitely brightening our days. It is so pretty. I hate to hear you have to wait until next week to get good news on the financing. Happy birthday to your DH. We have not cooked brisket ourselves but thought fo fixing it for the family Christmas dinner. Please tell me more how you cook it. It sounds like you have a fun weekend planned.

@AV_ you should definitely take a day off next week.

@bling_dream19 sounds like you are making progress on organizing. I am so sorry you weren’t happy with how your wedding dress fit; I am sure everyone saw only a beautiful bride. That will be nice to take another round of pictures this weekend. Sounds like you have a fun and busy weekend planned. I am feeling better. Thank you.

@Austiina I imagine many Texans are not used to snow. I am feeling better each day; thank you. Work seemed rather slow for me this week and I only went in for 3 days. I am sure your trips to the gym are doing you some good. Do you have any plans for the weekend?

@Jimmianne lol to hospital glam. How are you doing? Any new rings on their way to you?

Ii was so happy when 4:56 rolled around, I put on my coat and headed towards the door. I picked up some tacos for supper and plan on being lazy tonight. My SIL might come visit tomorrow so I added a hand written note of a letter from my MIL that is setting on the table. It says “please spend the enclosed $500 on anything you want. You guys are our favorite kids. Love Mom and Dad". My SIL is so fun to mess with.

Take care.
Marcy

@marcy thank you Marcy Marcy! You are so sweet and I read my hubby your post and he agreed that's all he saw and everyone else too. I appreciate that everyone here understands and supports the details bc we are detailed people here! Have a wonderful relaxing weekend!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

Adam told me they had snow in Austin yesterday @Tekate, but it didn’t really last. One time when we arrived, there was a fair amount of snow, and we managed to get the only taxi driver still out on the roads. He told us the other drivers had gone home but he was from NY so it didn’t phase him. Hope you and John are feeling better and had fun with Autie and your son.

Sorry to hear you were in pain after your procedure @sarahb, but so glad it all went so well. A good sleep is very restorative, so I hope you’re feeling a lot better today.

What a shame you didn’t feel happy about your dress @bling_dream19, I’m sure everyone else thought you looked lovely, so I hope you can get some good photos this weekend, and what fun to be reliving the day again.

Wow @missy, Greg’s knee has healed up really well, hard to believe he had major surgery just 2 weeks ago. I bet you never thought there’d be so many women talking about your husband’s knee :lol: Sorry your weather is so awful, we’ve had another lovely crisp day here, it was quite frosty this morning, but it cleared up by the time we went to the gym. I don’t know if it’s coming across the Atlantic, but we’re in for some pretty wild weather this weekend.

I hope you don’t have an anxious wait over the weekend @Niffler75, but if you don’t hear, please don’t let it spoil your DH’s birthday celebrations. Your menu sounds lovely, so enjoy :lickout:

How’re you feeling @marcy, has your cold cleared up? I hope work hasn’t been too much if you’re not feeling 100%.

You sound like you’re really busy @AV_. Did you submit the paper you were working on before Christmas?

We went to the gym today, I can honestly say I never leave feeling energised, I only ever feel wiped out, so it better be doing me some good! :lol:

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day, and looking forward to the weekend :dance:

:wavey:

Thank you @Austina you are so sweet and you are totally right. The day was special and beautiful and that's all that matters. Onward to beautiful pics today! Hope you have a great weekend and dont work out too hard!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you made me tear up sweet friend. Today we will take pics. And you are right, my dh is a dear to fully support taking more pics and putting on his tux and most importantly taking on the role dealing with me ALL the time and now having to place up my dress lol! I'm a mess! You look adorable in your bright colors and red boots! Hugs and much love to you Missy!

Good luck today and I hope you have fun with it and also get the photos of your dreams. You already have the guy of your dreams. The rest is icing on the (wedding) cake. XOXO. ((((Hugs)))).

@Jimmianne haha yes Bubbalah helped stabilize me yesterday with those gusty winds. Lol.

Just got home from the vet and debbie agrees he’s probably hyperthyroid still. He lost weight :( so we’re waiting for blood results and will adjust his meds from there. Oliver got blood taken too so will see if anything can be causing his crazy cravings. I drove both ways and will just say Brooklyn and LI drivers are crazy but I fit right in :lol: Seriously drivers going 80 on the Jackie Robinson pkway which is narrow and very winding. Cuckoo. Oy. But we made it back in one piece and whew for that.

@sarahb hope you’re feeling much much better. Hugs.

Leaving you with what else. Bubbalah driving. Lol not the best pic but hey I couldn’t really take my time and focus :lol:

CCC632B8-CA5B-4367-9254-758BB430F2F5.jpeg

And here’s Oliver behaving for the vet and assistant. Sure he’s on good behavior for them. :roll:

4EFE2088-1A24-40B9-8F72-1E8E2387D5A8.jpeg

Happy Caturday Saturday!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone. :wavey: Breaking news for anyone who has been following the ongoing fiasco with securing support for my son.

:dance: We got the school that we wanted! Finance panel signed off on it! We got it in writing today. So, so hugely relieved. Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. This is going to potentially life changing for my son! :mrgreen2:
My cats are chillin' and I need to do the same. I think I could sleep for a week! :lol-2::lol-2::sleep:

20200208_130818.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. :wavey: Breaking news for anyone who has been following the ongoing fiasco with securing support for my son.

:dance: We got the school that we wanted! Finance panel signed off on it! We got it in writing today. So, so hugely relieved. Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. This is going to potentially life changing for my son! :mrgreen2:
My cats are chillin' and I need to do the same. I think I could sleep for a week! :lol-2::lol-2::sleep:

20200208_130818.jpg

Woohoo!!!!! Wonderful news for your son and you!!! So thrilled he got the school of his/your choice!!!
And awww your kitties are super sweet ❤
Enjoy a relaxing day @Niffler75 XO

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI Ladies, I can happily report all is well in the sarahb household this morning. You guys are so sweet to check in & offer your support--hugs to all. Am drinking tons of water, I think I must of had over 100 oz's yesterday. Working on the same for today.

Am watching the snow fall out the big window, it is so beautiful. The flakes are big & graceful as they fall--this might be lake effect snow I think, due to the larger flakes. About 4 inches so far. Its a chile for dinner night for sure.

Feeling like I want to get to the pool, hubby said to hold on to that thought for another day or 2, he's probably right--so here I sit...just a bit of a bruising feeling on that side, only took the 1 pain pill Wed night. So not a whole lot of pain--at all to speak of. So @missy, Greg will come through with flying colors I bet. & I am so happy his appt went well, but sorry he was a bit tender yesterday, it's one day at a time, isn't it?? Thank you for your words of encouragement, am feeling back to myself today. Thanks for posting your beautiful pics, hope your vet visit goes well today!

@marcy, how is the snow your way? It seems this winter your part of the country has had it far worse than we've had it thus far. I love your state, once visited a client & got to drive across the state up to Cody from Cheyenne, what a gorgeous area. I was mesmerized by it & still to this day it is on my list of places I want to go back & visit. I hope you are feeling better today.

@Austina, keep plugging at it at the gym, you will get stronger & stronger & not feel as wiped out as time goes on. I know the tired feeling--particularity after my swim days, egads. Walking in that gym door is 99% of the battle, so you are doing great IMHO!

@Jimmianne, I feel good today, back to 'myself', thank you for your kindness. As for your sunglasses hunt, I stumbled upon Maui Jim's years ago, and they remain my lenses of choice for sunglasses. Really good protection & quality. Plus, they stand behind their product. I once had a piece of coating chip off of a pair, & they sent out a new frame at NC. Can't beat service like that. Good luck with your search & hope you find something you love!

Have a great Caturday NIRDI's & for those of us in the winter zones, we are now on the backside of winter headed towards spring, so that's another thing to celebrate! XO :wavey:

Edited to add: @Niffler75 Congratulations, wonderful news & I can only imagine your relief!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Happy Caturday!

@AV_ I totally agree - if you are on your third draft it’s time to send it on. Then rest! Slow days are relaxing. Thank you.

@missy my surgeon definitely wasn’t expecting to see my knee all painted up; it was well after the incisions healed. We are having a day of sunshine and 40 degree weather - it’s like summer! Tomorrow those white flakes and teens - twenties are coming back. Sadly my SIL is not coming to visit for the weekend. Darn. Good luck with your mammogram and ultrasound Monday; be sure and study for those tests. You are looking totally glamorous in your leggings and boots. You needed rocks in your pockets. Yay for driving so far and back; and yes I would have been one of those idiots driving 80 mph. Your picture of Bubbalah is great and it’s a good idea to concentrate on driving rather than focusing. Hoping new meds help Tommy and the find a reason for Oliver’s appetite.

@Jimmianne I feel pretty good today, thank you. How are you doing? As for making mischief; I’ll probably do that till my last breath - it’s my nature. Right now my puppy is on the coffee table watching Marty nap and he has Marty’s Apple Watch strapped to his paw. I’ll pay for that. The picture of you tightening your DD’s wedding dress sounds great. I think every wedding has behind the scene drama and chaos.

@bling_dream19 I hope the picture taking went well today; I am sure it was more relaxing without everything else going on like your wedding day.

@Niffler75 I am so excited to hear you son got in to that school okay. I am sending mega dust he loves it there. Your sweet kitties are cute.

@sarahb that is awesome you are feeling good today. Drinking all that water should help. Your big snow flakes sound pretty especially falling gracefully; here they shoot sideways. We have been getting pounded this year all right. Mother Nature has Wyoming on it’s list for sure. We are having sunny and warmer day today; it’s only for one day though. Yes, there is some beautiful country around here; I hope you visit us again. NIRDI’s GTG at Marcy’s house! Sweet. That is impressive about MJ sending you free replacement frames. Very reassuring to kind quality and service.

I slept an extra hour today; it was so nice. Marty went to the gym first thing. I started on laundry. My sister and BIL stopped by to bring us 5 dozen farm fresh eggs; Marty won’t need eggs for a week or two. We went out for lunch, picked up some paper for the printer, picked up some washer fluid for the pickup then channelled Missy and Greg by having some ice cream. I think I’ll go lift shortly.

Take care.
Marcy

Marty had chocolate and mint ice cream mixed with chocolate chips and walnuts. i had chocolate and cake batter. Mmm.

1581202189709.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal their fresh eggs are pretty good. Most of them have brown shells; some are light green and some are white. I guess it depends on the type of hen. I learn something new every day! I'll send some your way but I'd best hard boil them first.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal their fresh eggs are pretty good. Most of them have brown shells; some are light green and some are white. I guess it depends on the type of hen. I learn something new every day! I'll send some your way but I'd best hard boil them first.

I cracked open an egg last week and it had TWO yolks! I immediately bought a lotto ticket, but didn't win any cash. But the two yolk thingie was pretty cool.....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@canuk-gal I agree it is pretty cool to find a double yolk. I was asking about those today; my sister and BIL said the older hens tend to lay those more often. About 10 years ago the eggs they'd bring us often had double yolks.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I havn't seen a double yoker in a long time
That's a bit excitting really

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Sunday.

HI Ladies, I can happily report all is well in the sarahb household this morning. You guys are so sweet to check in & offer your support--hugs to all. Am drinking tons of water, I think I must of had over 100 oz's yesterday. Working on the same for today.

Am watching the snow fall out the big window, it is so beautiful. The flakes are big & graceful as they fall--this might be lake effect snow I think, due to the larger flakes. About 4 inches so far. Its a chile for dinner night for sure.

Feeling like I want to get to the pool, hubby said to hold on to that thought for another day or 2, he's probably right--so here I sit...just a bit of a bruising feeling on that side, only took the 1 pain pill Wed night. So not a whole lot of pain--at all to speak of. So @missy, Greg will come through with flying colors I bet. & I am so happy his appt went well, but sorry he was a bit tender yesterday, it's one day at a time, isn't it?? Thank you for your words of encouragement, am feeling back to myself today. Thanks for posting your beautiful pics, hope your vet visit goes well today!

Yay so happy you are back to tip top fighting shape and all is well and quiet. How beautiful you have some snow to enjoy. I love larger flakes. Our friend in SC got 6 inches yesterday and they are loving it. I will share a photo below. Yes take it nice and easy for at least another day if you can. One day at a time and when that becomes overwhelming (as it can at times) one hour at a time. Glad MJ sent replacement frames. They are a class act. Keep drinking water and your system will be back to normal before Monday. Waiting for results from the blood work from yesterday's vet appt. I posted a photo in a previous post. This thread moves fast. Hugs to you dear Sarah and enjoy a lovely Sunday.

@missy my surgeon definitely wasn’t expecting to see my knee all painted up; it was well after the incisions healed. We are having a day of sunshine and 40 degree weather - it’s like summer! Tomorrow those white flakes and teens - twenties are coming back. Sadly my SIL is not coming to visit for the weekend. Darn. Good luck with your mammogram and ultrasound Monday; be sure and study for those tests. You are looking totally glamorous in your leggings and boots. You needed rocks in your pockets. Yay for driving so far and back; and yes I would have been one of those idiots driving 80 mph. Your picture of Bubbalah is great and it’s a good idea to concentrate on driving rather than focusing. Hoping new meds help Tommy and the find a reason for Oliver’s appetite.

I slept an extra hour today; it was so nice. Marty went to the gym first thing. I started on laundry. My sister and BIL stopped by to bring us 5 dozen farm fresh eggs; Marty won’t need eggs for a week or two. We went out for lunch, picked up some paper for the printer, picked up some washer fluid for the pickup then channelled Missy and Greg by having some ice cream. I think I’ll go lift shortly.

Girl, you don't mess around when you channel the inner Missy and Greg...that ice cream looks delicious and creamy and rich. And all things yummy. :lickout:
Yes to sleeping an extra hour yesterday and glad you are going to enjoy farm fresh eggs. That is sweet. Sounds like you also got stuff accomplished on the errand side as well so all in all a productive and enjoyable day. Nice. Thank you for all your good wishes and lovely comments. XOXO

@Slick1 hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Chase is looking good. Hope he is doing well and fingers crossed the whole Slick household is doing well. Sending you hugs and love. Have a fun Sunday.

@Scandinavian hugs to you and healing dust to your mom. Hope things are going smoothly and all is peaceful and quiet by you. XOXO.

@Austina how much snow did Adam and Kim get in Austin? Hope your weather continues to be bright and cheerful. We are due for rain this week it looks like but at least it is still not freezing here. Hope the above freezing temps continue. What is on your schedule this fine Sunday?

@Mamabean how goes it in bling land? Very excited to hear more of your bling thoughts and see more of your beautiful bling. Hugs.

@canuk-gal are you going shopping today? Did I hear someone say Tiffany? Ohh emm geee. Hope you have a Tiffanylicious day and hoping you buy a sweet surprise for yourself before the day is over...just saying you deserve it dear Sharon and we want to see you blingfully happy!:halo:

@Daisys and Diamonds haha double yoker. Love it. Hope you're having a doubly delicious joyful weekend. XOXO.

@AV_ hope you are enjoying a fun weekend and getting to be one with nature and perhaps take a nice long walk. Hugs.

@Niffler75 woohoo and once again many congrats on achieving what you needed to achieve and being determined and strong and motivated and not giving up. I am so happy for your son and your family that your persistence paid off and that is sweet. I hope you are having a wonderful and happy weekend with the family. Hugs.

@Jimmianne how was your Caturday Saturday and I hope you have a wonderful big and small dog Sunday. XOXO.

@Tekate how are you and John feeling today? Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and big hugs and much love. Hope your Sunday is a bright and happy day. XOXO.

@bling_dream19 how did yesterday go? Hope you have some beautiful photos to show for it and hoping we get to see one or 2 at some point if you are comfortable with that. If not maybe I can see them offline. Have a wonderful Sunday and hugs.

@junebug17 good morning and hoping you are enjoying a lovely weekend with your DH and perhaps your DS got to stop by and spend some time with you too. How is your brother doing? I hope his sleep is improving and that all is going well. Sending you good thoughts and gentle hugs.

So we had a nice walk yesterday afternoon after a busy morning and workout (for me) and the day just flew by. Today not sure what we are doing but definitely a walk at some point and just maybe if I am motivated a trip to Fairway which sadly is closing soon. But maybe not as (driving to) Fairway on a Sunday might be just way too crowded for me. I wanted to get there before they closed but not sure it will be worth the energy with all the people sure to be there on a Sunday.

Dorky daily walking photo lol (might be stopping these soon as it's boring me now and so can only imagine how it's boring you lovely ladies haha). I will add that I froze my you know what off wearing my leather jacket yesterday. Greg warned me but what we do to look good lol and oy to the vey. ;-) But I did wear my hat and mittens and big scarf so that helped.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 5.18.54 AM.png

and leaving you with our friend A's snowy scene from yesterday in SC...They ended up with 6 inches of snow. To be fair they live in the mountains so their weather is not typical for all of SC.

49CA9AB4-4C4B-4033-9246-B15B579FBE0D.jpeg

On that note I am wishing you all a happy big and small dog Sunday lovely ladies. XOXO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday funday to all! The photo shoot went wonderful yesterday! I loved doing my own hair and makeup. And my husband laced that bad boy up tight and if felt great to be in my dress fitting how it was supposed to. And my mom even mentioned that she was surprised how hard it was to get the dress right. That was huge. It meant a lot that she even acknowledged that my dress didn't fit right on my wedding. I think once she saw it on me yesterday she could see what I had been lamenting. The December wedding was beautiful and very special and the February photo shoot was lots of fun and I felt very sexy and glamorous! And my husband loved seeing me in my dress a d that's what counted the most. I haven't seen the pics my sister took but I'm hoping we got some good ones.
Here's a pic in the dress salon 11 days at my final dress fitting prior to my wedding of my dress laced perfectly.
I'd love to show more pics and connect offline but I dont know to connect with anyone. I do have a loop troupe with my ps handle. My husband got it very close to this and it made me love him more because he really worked hard to get it right. @Jimmianne hilarious bc yesterday morning at breakfastmy mom made a joke of his foot in my back and I giggled about your story. 20191207_102854.jpg
I should have taken a pic with my cell but i didn't err.
@missy I love your daily pics! You looked very stylish as always but we want our Missy warm!
Thinking about everyone and I really appreciate the support and encouragement and most importantly understanding of my dress drama and how important yesterday was.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday funday to all! The photo shoot went wonderful yesterday! I loved doing my own hair and makeup. And my husband laced that bad boy up tight and if felt great to be in my dress fitting how it was supposed to. And my mom even mentioned that she was surprised how hard it was to get the dress right. That was huge. It meant a lot that she even acknowledged that my dress didn't fit right on my wedding. I think once she saw it on me yesterday she could see what I had been lamenting. The December wedding was beautiful and very special and the February photo shoot was lots of fun and I felt very sexy and glamorous! And my husband loved seeing me in my dress a d that's what counted the most. I haven't seen the pics my sister took but I'm hoping we got some good ones.
Here's a pic in the dress salon 11 days at my final dress fitting prior to my wedding of my dress laced perfectly.
I'd love to show more pics and connect offline but I dont know to connect with anyone. I do have a loop troupe with my ps handle. My husband got it very close to this and it made me love him more because he really worked hard to get it right. @Jimmianne hilarious bc yesterday morning at breakfastmy mom made a joke of his foot in my back and I giggled about your story. 20191207_102854.jpg
@missy I love your daily pics! You looked very stylish as always but we want our Missy warm!
Thinking about everyone and I really appreciate the support and encouragement and most importantly understanding of my dress drama and how important yesterday was.

THUD!!!
❤️❤️❤️

So thrilled for you @bling_dream19 that your photo shoot went well. And your dress is simply stunning. Wowza!:kiss2:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful!!
Yes, my DD’s had this kind of back. Very difficult to tighten, but lovely. I shudder to think of the days when women wore corsets...or even my mother’s daily girdle wearing. But for a special occasion, so worth it. Congratulations on your photo shoot!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow @bling_dream19! That is the most beautiful dress! What a sweet husband!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I wore my moms mikmoto pearl bracelet on my left wrist and I wore a 5 ct diamond tennis bracelet from Costco on my right wrist. But for the pic I stacked them the day after the wedding.
And I wore my great grandmother's diamond ring on my right hand. 20191219_133414.jpg
20191019_102917.jpg
I wore my vintage diamond platinum heart 1.75 ct pendant that I got over the summer. 20200209_091407.jpg
It's super sparkly and I wore it on my honeymoon. I love this pendant! It's on a wg chain, next I will get a platinum chain.
And on my wedding I wore my moms blingy earrings but she couldn't find them yesterday so I wore my diamond clusters, which she wore on my wedding day. 734050
Hopefully she will find her earrings soon bc I would love to post them. Or I might be able to somehow get them from the photographers photos.
Oh and here's the front of my dress, gotta show the bling! I just love this dress, it sparkled and felt so romantic on.and here is the matching little tiara, I love her and will wear her again when the tiara need is present lol.
20191012_124956.jpg 20191012_124949.jpg 20191013_131640.jpg
Each of you took the time to post your feelings and advice and shared how you felt prior to getting married and I cannot tell you how much that helped me. It made me feel ok for how I was feeling. It boosted my confidence and made me really take in the day and savor the moments. And most importantly to appreciate that I married the love of the life and that is what truly matters is the commitment we made and the sharing of vows. It makes me tear up. Yall really helped me. Thank you and hugs and love you each of you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 I love everything about what you chose to wear. They are classic and beautiful...You thought of every detail..Perfection...Thank you for sharing your photos!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@missy you are very brave to wear leather in cold weather!!!!!!!! I am always coated to the max!!! BTW I am the "advice"--my friend is ring shopping. I don't mind tagging along!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

@missy you are very brave to wear leather in cold weather!!!!!!!! I am always coated to the max!!! BTW I am the "advice"--my friend is ring shopping. I don't mind tagging along!

cheers--Sharon

Photos please!!!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
AV, have I told you lately that I love your posts? When are you coming to France for a PS get together?

YES, you have; I keep throwing words around, itching to write anything faster than the three month / paragraph stuff I am working on [a few paragraphs might have taken years - I can count, but I dread those facts!] It might take France invading Spain to budge me out of here, for now. The best icecream I know of is provided in Paris, so I might have to pass by .)

@bling_dream19 I wish I kept one corset dress at hand, just to feel straight every now & then. I can't know if you liked wearing the thing & no, I wouldn't want to make a habit of them either.

A storm has been comming down the mountain slowly since before noon, and now it is properly cold; I haven't moved far from the kitchen table between work & lunch & watching beans stew while feighning work, mostly. This sure was a day off, if not quite intended. I'll be off to a library tomorrow to pretend properly.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance: Great news @Niffler75 , what a huge weight off your mind. Now your little guy can get the education and support he needs.

Wow @bling_dream19 your dress is stunning, so elegant with just the right amount of bling. You must’ve looked absolutely fab-u-lous in it. I hope you managed to get some photos that you’re happy with. All your wedding jewellery must’ve just added to the overall gorgeousness!

So glad you’re feeling tip top again @sarahb , but please don’t rush in to anything until you’re absolutely sure you’re up to it.

Ollie looks the picture of innocence having his nails clipped @missy :lol: The groomer always told me Dottie was an angel while she was being groomed, but with me she’d wriggle and squirm and run if she could. I’m sorry there’s still a thyroid problem, hopefully an adjustment in his meds will set him right, and it’ll be interesting to see if there’s an underlying problem with Ollie being so greedy. Well done on getting back in to driving, the traffic there is pretty manic, so to get there and back in one piece was quite an achievement.

I’m glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better @marcy and you managed an extra hour sleep. Ice cream certainly does make things seem better, may it should be available on prescription instead of drugs :mrgreen: Well done for continuing to lift even when you’ve been ill.

I hope you manage your trip to the library and the gallery this week, you know what they say about all work and no play! I wonder if you’re getting the same weather we’re having?

It’s been absolutely foul today, we’re in the grips of storm Ciara, it’s been battering the whole country and causing quite a lot of damage in parts. Wet and very wild here. I spent yesterday cooking, I’ve portioned up quite a lot of food for the freezer, for days when I don’t feel like cooking (which is quite often :lol:). Shirley messaged me to say she’s got a terrible headache so I’m not talking her tonight.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Austina yep we got a good battering from storm ciara here too. So we hunkered down and had family cinema time with a new film and munchies.

@marcy glad you are feeling better. That ice cream looked off the scale delish. We have a lovely ice cream place near us that we go to for a treat.

@sarahb glad you are on the mend! Onwards and upwards!

@missy hi lovely. How on earth do you get olli lie still for claw trimming? Does he do that normally or is there catnip involved? My two cats are a nightmare. They just seem to know and scarper. Then we have the fiasco of chasing them round the house. Maybe catnip would work for us? :lol-2:

Thank you everyone again for your kind words about my sons school. I think we have another visit from his new teacher on Wednesday then planning to transition him into some fun activities and meet some of the staff and other kids.
I am thinking what the heck am I going to do with my time when he is at school?! :evil2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Daisys and Diamonds I was always excited when I found a double yolk. I’ll tell Marty we want a picture if he finds one.

@missy our ice cream was delicious. I really like their ice cream but I don’t try other flavors because I love that cake batter. You and Greg look great for your daily outing and sadly leather jackets usually aren’t warm enough for cold weather but sometimes style wins out. Beautiful picture of the snow from your friend in SC.

@bling_dream19 your dress and bling are gorgeous. Everything is perfect. That’s great the photo shoot went well and I’m sure you and your DH were more relaxed taking pictures without all the hustle, bustle and stress on your wedding day. I am so glad you had such a special and wonderful day.

@Jimmianne and now women have spanx. I swear that style of dress looks like someone needs practice to get it tight enough. My first worry would be what if I rip it?

@Mamabean are you loving your new diamond rings?

@canuk-gal I love going along to offer advice on ring shopping; I like spending someone else’s money. Have fun!

@AV_ tell me more about this best ice cream in Paris. Sounds delicious. Stay safe from the storm.

@Austina I was just reading about your storm. They had a story about an “idiot” out surfing in a very turbulent ocean and the rescue boat almost tipped over trying to rescue him. It looks like the storm is causing a lot of damage. Stay safe and warm.

@Niffler75 glad you are hunkered down for the storm too. Have fun watching movies and be safe. Good luck with the teacher meeting on Wednesday and transitioning your son in to the new environment and with new people. I am sure you’ll find something to do with your time. My nephew’s wife home schooled her 3 boys. 2 have graduated now and the youngest one is a sophomore in high school. She is looking forward to him graduating in a little more than 2 years.

I am very achy today from lifting yesterday. We are going over to a friend’s house shortly for games and supper. Marty is making a cheese and cracker platter and I made mini cheesecake last night.

It’s in the 20’s (F) and snowing off and on today. I’d rather stay home. My friend has FOMO - I tell her I have FOBI - fear of being invited. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is that article about the boat almost capsizing. Very scary.

Oh Oh

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Poutine!?? I love Poutine, in Maine we were not far from Canada so I've had Poutine many times, I love pouting, just the right amount of curds and some extra gravy on the side.. crispy fries.. I MISS MAINE. :)

@missy Bubbalah, what a fireball.. Gosh I can't wait to see her again. Actually I would love for you, @Austina and me sitting together and I can just revel in the light of the 2 stones.!! and Ever too of course, but you know that I really do think OEC's are more beautiful, but the only way I could get to my dream size was thru upgrade at WF and I love my EVER forever.. Greg's incision is healed and done so very nicely. When I had my 2nd operation there were no stitches, I don't exactly remember what my surgeon did but I told him I liked 'this scar' much better than the first and he was excited etc and said he was using a new procedure.. anyway, my scar there is negligible but on my right thigh it's quite noticeable - only to me because I don't wear shorts or short bathing suits (age has some right ;-) )

@bling_dream19 I bet YOU see something wrong in the pix but we wouldn't. In my waay back machine I see me in my cool wedding dress that I loved and a STUPID hat. I wanted to wear a flower wreath in my hair (yup this is the 70s) and my mother hated that just hated it, she tried to get me to wear a veil, my sister was married 9 months before me, she wore my mom's wedding dress from 1949 and a beautiful veil, sooo I didn't want to wear a veil, I thought my dress was too casual for a veil, soo about 4 weeks b4 the big day we were shopping (us girls: My Mom, my sister, My aunt and me) and my mom says: look Catherine a bridal shop, let go in and look around and what the heck, why not, so my mom picks up this HAT and said: try it on! so I did, it was too small for my big Irish head but I said, "oh its nice Ma" and she said okay, I'm buying and asked the salesgirl to have some veiling put around the top in a bow in the back.. that was it.. I hated that hat, every pix I'm in I have that dumb hat on.. my mother was so happy.. I was 22. So my 2nd marriage I didn't invite my mom! haha she showed up anyway.. and I'm glad she did.. long story, my short point: only you see the flaws, those who love you don't.. I had many compliments on that stupid hat.. xoxoxo I'm sure the new pix will make you happier... when my son was married 2 years ago it was utter hell.. I made my 2nd son promise to do a destination wedding. and he said of course Mom! :)

@bling_dream19 oooooooh the pix are beautiful! such happy memories! xoxox

@sarahb Sarah I hope you are feeling better. I found that opioids were a life saver during my hip operations and I didn't become addicted. They work. xoxo

@Niffler75 wonderful news about your son.. I am thrilled for you mamabear! :)

@marcy You feeling better? I hope so!! yum to mini-cheesecakes and a cheese platter, I'm there! have fun. We are going to Mike's tonight for a pizza dinner! just watched the video.. eeek that was scary I admire all who care so much to help others.. xoxoxo

@Austina hopefully your storm is over and you and Colin are having a good sleep! We've had more snow when we lived here the first time, as the years went by we seemed to get more extremes in weather here.. we shall see as time goes on. xoxoxoxo hope the family is well and happy Austina :)

Going to Mike's for pizza! going to see Auti, Michael corrected me on Autumn's nick name spelling, it's Auti! Ma, not Autie.. my son learned a bit about being Irish and Ma has started to make an entrance in his venacular when addressing me, I hope it's a 32 year old phase, like kids go through when they are 2 ya know ? ha! ;-)

sending love to you guys!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results