shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Hola! oh I'm not sure that Ever could hold her head up high with the likes of Bubalah and Bella! I think I may have misstated about my second incision First both of my hips were minimally invasive surgeries, although both have a 3 inch scar, in the first surgery I had stitches, but in 12 I had something else, it wasn't butterfly thingys but it left a much less noticeable scar, as I said I complimented my surgeon and he was all happy that I was happy because he was using something new of which I can't remember, BUT I expect to be seeing him at least once again now that I am back in Austin :).. Went to dinner at Mike's Friday night, he makes the best pizza (not NY pizza but a decent za for Texas!). Auti (ugh I hate how he spells it - it should be Autie, but let me just say: his dog in Poncho (yup like the covering) when they named him Poncho I said "are you sure you don't mean Pancho"? he said NO! so he was a good speller but way better in math, but he like his father and brother couldn't do your you're yore if their paycheck depended on it. Context! and learning how to spell the words not just spell them.. :) Very glad the mammo and sono came out great, it's good you get the sonogram too because dense breast tissue is harder to find calcifications so your physician is on the ball or you are, probably you! I'm overdue for a colonoscopy (like 5 months overdue, due to moving etc). I have an appt with my new doc Friday so we will get the whole health thing in motion. :) xoxo John and I are on the mend! finally.. thank you for your kind words. Oh wow the pix of you and greg is magnificent.. you both are so lovely.. I love your smiles.. :)

@Jimmianne thanks for the pointer, I answered over on the thread created for the collector, I should go over and delete it, I have had more trouble keeping and answering stuff since their update a few months ago on PS. Okay went over and deleted it.. very cool story about how the man become a jewel collector.. that Art Deco pin is swoon worthy. xo

@ringo865 Hola!

@marcy Hi Marcy! hope you are not overdoing the weights :) and my dinner with Mike and family was wonderful, his pizza is better than mine... proud of him! thanks for asking :)

@Mamabean the zircon ring is beautiful.. I love zircons, I have a necklace with a emerald cut zircon, my older son loves it he compliments it everytime I wear it. Sorry about he earring mess up.. my mom would say "if it's not one thing, it's another!". xoxoxoxo

@Niffler75 don't worry about keeping up with me, lately I have not had as much time to keep up :) my sister died 3 years ago seems like 3 days ago.. thank you for your kind words and I am truly sorry about losing your FIL.. Glad your little guy is going to go to the school that will let him fly.. :)

@bling_dream19 Great story about the buttons! I'm so glad your husband stayed calm.. I would have been nutzoid. :) xoxoxoxo

@junebug17 thanks June.. my sister so loved her kids and granddaughter. We all miss her especially Katie and me. So any further info on the girlfriend? :) and June, you are @Jimmianne are extremely talented, really.. and for sure. xoxoxox

@sarahb glad to read at least your temps have been above average (maybe that's bad but I know having lived in the NE for years and years, a few warm days in the winter was welcome.) hope you are feeling well and working with a trainer.

@Austina sorry about the bad weather, but there are times I just love to hunker down and read or watch a movie! John had a house that he had built with a sauna in it, I never used it, having never been a sauna user I didn't exactly get it, but today I would LOVE one. xoxoxo The house, tomorrow is showdown day, if we don't get an email from the architect then full speed ahead. John said he thinks the guy is just setting us up and we will accept anything ;-) I said, no need to worry because I WON'T. :) weather has been overcast, chilly, rainy and dreary, I like it! xoxoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds Hello girlie.. I hope you are feeling more to the weather, I understand about getting the 'blues' as we say here in the USA, unfortunately I EAT. I send you cool hugs and caring thoughts and Kate dust for a perk up to know you are a lovely and classy lady and my friend. xoxoxo

@AV_ good night! as I"m going to be after i finish this post :) xoxo

not much new here in Texas.. Miss my 2nd son.. we are trying to work out going next month! hope soo. Auti is gorgeous, no complaints and that's saying something for me ;-)

xoxoxoox

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. Just did 3 loads of laundry and Greg slept through it all. Very pleased about that though it meant I had to go downstairs to the basement laundry room 3 times in my nightgown and robe hahaha because I didn't want to wake Greg by finding clothes to change into. Laughing because I have never done that before and when Greg saw a shareholder in his PJs doing laundry the other week we laughed about it and there you go. I just did the same. :lol: Age does have its benefits. Though the man doing laundry in his PJs is in his early 30s. He was in bare feet with headphones. At least I wore slippers.:cheeky:

@Tekate girlie, I am so glad you and John are feeling all better! That is wonderful news! And glad you enjoyed the pizza even though it wasn't brooklyn pizza. I am sure it was delish. Thanks for all the info re your surgeries and scars. Greg always says the more scars one has the more interesting their life. We have all had very interesting lives and hope to continue enjoying interesting but healthy and good lives. Fingers and toes crossed. Speaking of good how is dear sweet Auti? She is gorgeous I agree completely. I am glad you have the whole health thing happening now and have an appointment with a (hopefully) good physician Friday. Kudos to you Kate because it isn't easy getting everything accomplished re health issues and stuff. Nor is it pleasant. Hoping you love the doctor and that your appts go well. And hope you get to see your other son very soon. XOXOXO.

I am hilariously stuck at the desk! Yes, it is nice & the wiew is where i'd want to be walking - but there is no way to do two happy things at once, never mind four [add pastries & art]. It seems to be at least the fourth week I expect to pass by said gallery, just as well that they'll be open throughout - March. I am very happy with work & this is very necessary.

I have seriously lost track [much of the time, I just do not know what to say! - but read & put a 'Like' at all read posts that are not addressed only to someone else, as a rule [IMHO, the next Nobel for Literature ought to go to whom comes up with a reasonable replacement for the 'Like' - it is a 'keep in mind' sign for me & does work a little]

NIRDI, Good Night

Glad you are pleased with your work and yes that makes it all worthwhile. I also lose track of time. Because it is going dizzyingly fast. I hope I didn't miss anything you wrote and I hope you didn't miss anything I wrote. At times I feel yes I do miss things and that is because this thread is moving fast. Hugs to you @AV_ and have a great Wednesday.

@bling_dream19 how was your massage last night? What kind of massage? Swedish? I am very delicate and get black and blue from even gentle massages lol. I eschew them because of that and instead let Greg gently massage me when I feel like it. I love when he rubs my feet. Haha TMI. TMI. Hugs to you and have a wonderful Wednesday.

Thank you @missy I got a THUD! I've been smiling ever since! :bigsmile: Thank you for the dress compliment - means a lot coming from a fashion diva such as yourself :kiss2:

Aww you are too kind! Thank you and now I am smiling!

Thank you @missy, it’s been a sad couple of days remembering how Dottie came to us, and missing her so much. I’m glad to hear that Greg is feeling better, and able to get back to walking, even if the weather is foul. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, red is a fabulous colour on you!

Gee, thank you @Austina ! I am winter coloring so bright colors agree with me. I am so sorry as you know about Dottie. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her or Zoe @junebug17 and Francesca and Fred. I wish I could go a day but at this point I cannot. I know we gave them the best we could and did all we could for them but the pain of losing them is great. Words cannot express how much grief I still feel. And I know you understand. I am sorry you know that pain all too well. But we will continue making a difference in the lives of animals as much as we can. Sending you hugs and love across the miles dear @Austina.

@Mamabean I am sorry the ring was a disappointment. Arghh and ugh and well you know what I would do. But LOL you gotta do you. Sending you hugs and lots of good wishes and please share the bling girlfriend. XOXO.

@Slick1 one more day...thinking of you and sending bucketloads of good luck dusty your way for tomorrow. (((HUGS))).

@missy Maybe we can plot our sunstone pendant projects together! :evil2::lol-2: I am saving for a bicolour sunstone and am thinking of getting it semi bezel set east west. If things work out with my new jeweller I can design the pendant setting and she can make it.

I was just dreaming aloud. I will live vicariously through your project if that is OK. No sunstone in my future. Hope you are enjoying a good week especially given your amazing happy news. Hugs to you @Niffler75 .

@Daisys and Diamonds hope your week is brightening and we are always here for you. Sending cheers and gentle hugs your way.

@Scandinavian continued hugs and good wishes. XOXO.

Yesterday was another rainy day but we did walk and I wore my red coat again @Austina :) and my red Glamour boots @canuk-gal since it was a very wet day. Something very nice about walking in the rain with my sweetie. Today we have PT initial outpatient visit. It's a mile away so we will walk there and I will wheel Greg back because he cannot walk that far total. But he can handle a mile plus since we have been walking a mile and a half. Difference is he is getting PT in between so after the PT I think it wise to wheel him back. My idea. He wanted to Uber it but I'm like Uber for a mile? Nah.

OK that's all for now ladies. Have a wonderful Wednesday. (((Hugs))).
Sorry for the terrible pic...I was as always rushing and we only do the one take...Greg is not patient for photos of which I take many lol. He is known as St Greg by my family :lol: and with good reason.

missyandgreganotherrainywalkfeb2020.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh just want to add this photo. I did a montage of Oliver laying on the area rug yesterday lol. And if you go through them super quick they are like a video. Just sharing one photo with you. A random one of the many I took of Oliver. He's a handsome devil. Emphasis on the devil. :evil2:

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 6.04.54 AM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, if Oliver is as young as you think, then good, calmer times ahead!
When you say wheel Greg home....???

June, hi. How’s your golf game? Do you play much?

Daisies and diamonds, how are you feeling today? Hoping better!

Ringo, I love that sweet kitty face, what à preciousness.

Can never catch up here, but read everything and think of you all, old, new, and in between.

Had two serendipitous bargains this week.
Picked up some Clinique items at a makeup store, but no one to wait on me, so I left and went home, and in my email was a $25 off coupon from Nordstrom‘s, so I bought the makeup from them, saved $25 and even got a free Clinique gift bag and some samples. Glad I walked out of the makeup store!
Yesterday I went in a boutique with a friend, looking for Lisette pants, and they only had one pair! They were in my size and on sale for half price LOL. Maybe this all makes up for the bling fest I went on last month??? Ha ha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you say wheel Greg home....???

Our building has a wheelchair that we used when I broke my leg and so yesterday I asked to borrow it again for Greg. He can walk up to a mile and a half right now but PT is a mile in each direction and he will be doing exercises in between that will tire him out. So the plan as of now is to walk there (and bring the wheelchair) and then after his PT I will wheel Greg back in the wheelchair. He wasn't excited about the option but I loathe waiting for Uber and I prefer walking and this way he gets his walking in as well...to me this makes good sense but we shall see if the reality lives up to my plan.

Had two serendipitous bargains this week.
Picked up some Clinique items at a makeup store, but no one to wait on me, so I left and went home, and in my email was a $25 off coupon from Nordstrom‘s, so I bought the makeup from them, saved $25 and even got a free Clinique gift bag and some samples. Glad I walked out of the makeup store!
Yesterday I went in a boutique with a friend, looking for Lisette pants, and they only had one pair! They were in my size and on sale for half price LOL. Maybe this all makes up for the bling fest I went on last month??? Ha ha

Oh, that is serendipitous indeed. Very sweet. On all counts. :appl: Enjoy your new and savvy purchases @Jimmianne.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our building has a wheelchair that we used when I broke my leg and so yesterday I asked to borrow it again for Greg. He can walk up to a mile and a half right now but PT is a mile in each direction and he will be doing exercises in between that will tire him out. So the plan as of now is to walk there (and bring the wheelchair) and then after his PT I will wheel Greg back in the wheelchair. He wasn't excited about the option but I loathe waiting for Uber and I prefer walking and this way he gets his walking in as well...to me this makes good sense but we shall see if the reality lives up to my plan.

Oh, that is serendipitous indeed. Very sweet. On all counts. :appl: Enjoy your new and savvy purchases @Jimmianne.

I had so much fun envisioning how you wheeled Greg home!
...roller skates
...little red wagon
...wheelbarrow

Wheelchair does seem a bit more dignified :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had so much fun envisioning how you wheeled Greg home!
...roller skates
...little red wagon
...wheelbarrow

Wheelchair does seem a bit more dignified :lol:

Oooh if we could roller skates would be the way. But LOL with me leading it is the blind leading the TKR challenged haha. You wouldn't know this but I was quite the ice skater in my day. My parents took us for lessons for years at Abe Stark Ice Skating center in Coney Island every Sunday night. It was both a treat and a terror at times. A story for another day. Let's just say I was quite the figure skater in my heyday. And I will leave it at that. :angel:

Adding a photo of the wheelchair when I was using it. Good times. :/

brokenleg.jpg.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s been a lovely day weatherwise here today. Colin went for a medical this morning, so we didn’t go to the gym.

I hope Greg’s PT sessions went well today @missy and you managed to wheel him home without too much exertion. Well done on getting your laundry done early and not meeting anyone whilst you were technically in a state of undress :lol: Thank you for your kind words, I just wish, as you do, that we didn’t have to go through this. It’s also been a year since Bob died suddenly, so not the best of times all round.

:lol: @jimmiane and your visions of Missy wheeling Greg through the streets in a wheelbarrow. Good score on the deal, it was meant to be.

@Tekate, I hope your house meeting went well, and you’ve got a date to start. I wouldn’t use a sauna if it involved other people, but with just the 2 of us it’s fine, and it really does help me sleep, and hopefully sweat out some toxins!

I hope the meeting with your son‘s new teacher went well today @Niffler75.

It’s just as well you’re enjoying your work @AV_ and that the gallery will be open for a while longer.

How’s the weather there @marcy? It’s supposed to get colder here, but as long as it’s dry, I don’t mind.

We went shopping this afternoon, bought a few things, nothing exciting just some bits and bobs we needed, undies and socks :mrgreen:

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, just a flying visit as am super tired after meeting with my son's new teacher today, but if is all looking really positive and she really seems to understand his needs. :mrgreen2:

We are also set for his 9th birthday this Saturday, presents, balloons and banner, Harry Potter cake. I am cooking his fave roast chicken. :dance:

Me and my joints are not getting on too well with cold weather. I feel like I've done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson! Even the soles of my feet hurt. :oops2: So off to bed for me.
Take care everyone x

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Niffler75 that’s great your family does themed dinners. Your son definitely will eat more variety of food than I will. I’m with him on liking Mexican food. I had that for lunch. I can’t wait to see your garnet ring. That is awesome you like your son’s teacher. His birthday party sounds like a lot of fun. I am sorry you are so sore. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

@ringo865 your kitty is very cute. That’s great your mom is doing well with her TKR. Your cottage sounds like a nice place to get away.

@Mamabean too funny Muffin didn’t like a screaming baby. Must have been too noisy for Muffin. I am glad you are enjoying your ACA. Of course I can see why. Ha Ha - no I’m not going to compete or push cars around. I am just happy to be feeling better and getting stronger. Blue zircon gems are gorgeous; I hope that lovely ring shows up. I hope you get some drops you like or hoops that work.

@sarahb that’s nice you got out of the house and got to play bridge. That is one card game I’ve never played. Nice to get back with your trainer and even better she’s a good friend. I am glad someone is having a warmer winter than normal; ours has been more cold than normal. Phooey.

@Daisys and Diamonds sorry you are feeling down; big hugs to you. I hope you find something to help brighten your day.

@junebug17 I am glad to hear your brother is sleeping better. I am definitely a FOBI. I enjoy myself if I do go somewhere but just resist it. I am glad you had a relaxing weekend. Good idea to stay in from the wet weather.

@missy that’s great Greg is walking further. Sweet. Lifting went well. I added another pound to everything. That is too bad about the orthopedic surgeon; I would think checking the range of motion and how the knee is tracking is something he would do for sure. Your red boots look fabulous. Oliver looks sweet there but his mind is probably thinking about food. I hope the wheelchair works out well for you and Greg to get home from his PT. Hopefully he’ll be able to walk both ways very soon. Awe the memories of you in the wheelchair.

@Austina a sauna sounds great to me; I am always cold. I hope your shoulder is feeling better. Afternoon tea along a river would be pretty and relaxing. I am glad you are having decent weather; we are not. Snow every day with bitter cold wind chill. I’m looking forward to 4 months from now when the white stuff falling from the sky changes from snow to hail. Ha Ha.

@bling_dream19 sweet that you’ll be joining me on a workout routine. I faithfully lifted tonight. Love the story about your DH’s tux for the wedding. Marty was going to wear a sport coat to our wedding and he went to put it on that morning and the dry cleaners had got a large stain on it. Our wedding was at 11 so he was at the mall when they opened at 10 to find something that worked.

@AV_ at least you are happy with what you are doing plus you have a great view.

@Jimmianne how rude of those people in the makeup store. That’s great it worked out you got a better deal at Nordstroms. How wonderful you found pants in your size and on sale. You are living a charmed life my friend.

We’ve been busy. My sister in law spent the night last night. She was flying home to Dallas today and decided we were expecting less snow than where she was 150 miles north of us; so she cancelled that flight and booked one out of here. Marty had business appointments for work so I had to stay home this morning to get her to the airport. We had some snow blow in and they cancelled her flight. The plane was loaded, engines running and they opened the door and said sorry but the flight is cancelled. She sent me a text at work can one of you come get me? I was going to ask her where she was going to stay tonight but I figured she wasn’t in the mood. LOL. Hopefully she’ll get to fly home tomorrow.

I met a friend for lunch then headed in to work. It was icy and snowy coming home tonight. After I lifted I had a bowl of soup for supper. It hit the spot.

I pulled 85 pounds off the rack - 15 times. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate I am glad Mike's pizza was so good. That is great you and John are on the mend. It's about time. I hope I'm not overdoing it on weights either; my right knee sure got irritated tonight when I was lifting. Sorry you miss your sister; I totally understand. It's hard. How are the house plans coming along?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies.

@Slick1 good luck today sweet friend. Sending bucketloads of good luck dust for today and lots of hugs and love.

@Austina how did Colin's medical appointment go yesterday? Glad you got to enjoy a bit of shopping and got some much needed items. So sorry about Bob. I cannot believe it's been a year already. We lost our friend Jeff last November (2018 ) and the unveiling was just last month. Hard to fathom our friends are gone and already for over a year. Of course I woke up at 3AM and started thinking of Frankie and Fred and then Jeff and then all bets were off on getting back to sleep this AM. It's a rainy day here and it fits my mood. Hope you have a lovely Thursday.

@marcy sweet your SIL spent the night. But oh no to her flight being cancelled and I guess spending another night with you. Yes better off not making that joke right then. I wouldn't be amused either probably. Oh that Mother Nature. And that is wonderful you are adding a lb as often as possible to your lifting. You are in tip top lifting shape thanks to your determination and to your dear DH. 85 lbs 15 times woohoo!
I am sorry your right knee got irritated and hope it is all better this morning.

@Niffler75 glad you like your son's teacher and that you are all set for his birthday party this Saturday. Sweet. Hope you got much needed rest last night and are fresh as a Daisy this morning. Speaking of Daisy's...

@Daisys and Diamonds hope you are having a good week Nicky.

@AV_ I hope your writing is going well and that all is calm by you. And that you make time for enjoying art exhibits and smelling the flowers.

@Tekate glad you and John are A OK and feeling well. Hugs to all of you. And pizza is good no matter what state but yes we have especially delicious pizza here I have to agree. It's our water or I've been told. It is also what makes our bagels bagelicious. ;-)

@Scandinavian continued healing dust and hugs coming your way and hoping your mom is doing well.

@Mamabean how is David feeling? How goes it with the bling? Looking forward to seeing your newest ring...

@Jimmianne speaking of rings your asscher takes my breath away. It really does. Hope you are having a lovely week.

Greg did very well yesterday but it was just an initial eval so not a lot of exercises. We like his therapist who is very young but seems knowledgeable. Thomas (his therapist) was impressed with Greg's ability less than 4 weeks after the surgery and feels Greg is going to do well.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.45.38 AM.png

Greg is basically walking without his cane which well I don't know if I love that but you know men are stubborn. Greg walked to therapy and walked much of the way back but I did wheel him the last half mile. It is a mile each way so he did pretty good.

Therapy was in the morning and in the afternoon we took another walk. So he got a lot of walking in yesterday.

Morning was much colder so we dressed more warmly but by the afternoon it really warmed up and it was sunny the whole day so really a lovely weather day yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.52.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.45.13 AM.png

And our local market got my favorite ice cream in just for me so I picked that up too. All in all a good day. Today is rainy so not sure when/if we can walk...depends on how torrential the rain is. I also wanted to drive to Costco but I do not think I will because my vision isn't great in the rain. Maybe next week. We will see because tomorrow Greg has PT again and then it is the weekend. I will not brave Costco in Brooklyn on the weekends.

Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Thursday. (((Hugs))).

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy first I gotta get out of the politics here hahaha.. Second and way more importantly, thank you, we are on the mend, Autumn? not sure but I will text Mike today and ask if they want to have dinner, then see if they want us to watch Auti tomorrow since it's VDAY! we do't celebrate VDAY, we are just two old air gas people (hahaha) who said years ago, every day we love each other and most days we can't stand each other (now that is a j/k, it's every OTHER day).. I dunno, it sort of ran its course with us.. that John gave me the money to buy EVER when he didn't have to, I didn't earn it, all I have is because he SAVED and he made most times 6X what I made (that is pathetic yup) I didn't really add anything to our savings, but he says" "Kate the GREAT! I love you and you were the other half of our life and I love you, 4ever" yup he said that, so we sorta just live our old peeps life and most times we laugh a lot and sometimes we fight nasty :) (mostly me, altho Mr Freezer can be a ba---rd!) :) soooo maybe Mike wants us to watch Auti tomorrow, we shall see. @missy your pix is beautiful.. as always, so much love in your pix.. so much kindness... lucky me girl. lucky me! xoxoxo

@Jimmianne ha! you know why we get along? well one we have something in common as you now, but more importantly, we are upbeats, yeah I spent bucks on a ring, but no matter I saved on a dress! that's me, I LOVE that about you, you always make me laugh or smile.. you're brilliant as they say across the pond... xxoxoxo

@Austina no meeting on the house, BUT John sent a larky type note to the architect along the lines of: We have not HEARD from you and we need to get the ball rolling!" only nicer, I dunno anymore.. I overreact and John underreacts. meh. Glad your weather is improving, xoxoxo

@marcy more flights are cancelled than ever these days, once we were in Charlottesville VA and they cancelled our flight to Atlanta because of weather, the next day we all stood outside the plane and the pilot says "I'm going to take a vote! the toilet's don't work, so if anyone has a problem with that speak now and we will cancel till tomorrow" not ONE person raised their hand, but I did think "jeez what ELSE doesn't work on this jalopy" :) hope your SIL returned home safey!. your continued improvement in lifting is AWESOME Marcy, truly awesome, my shoulder just aches thinking about lifting 5lbs. :) xoxoxo oh and the house plans (hahahaha) still waiting but we did send a nastyogram to the architect.. so frustrating.

@ringo865 Hi! nice to see you about, hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

@Niffler75 joint pain, girl I hear you.. !!! your party sounds fantastic, and they grow up so fast, 9 years old! still a baby of course, and what a great mamabear.. so lovely. xoxoxo

@Scandinavian how goes things in Scandiland! hope sincerely all is well with everyone. xoxox

@Mamabean what's up with your rings? YOUR taste is spectacular lady.. really there isn't a ring you have that doesn't make my heart jump a bit for the beauty.. you always have DK make your stuff and it always looks beautiful.. Hope all is well with David and the boys and grandson and future grandson! hubster is well I hope too.. xoxoxo

nothing new, nothing to report. Wait, we just bought new percale sheets for 200.00$ USD, hahahaha, John wants them, John is constantly worried that I am hot (and yes I am hot for 67 but not that hot, that hot went out the window hmm 15 years ago ;-) ) he knows I hate Texas heat that I loved Maine weather and the ONLY thing that brought me back was Autumn, otherwise never ever. So he spends much time worrying if I am hot, or cold too! I guess this is old peoples way of showing love! hahaha.. I hate LLBean also but we are getting these redic sheets because Wire Cutter in the NYTimes (John's latest hangout spot, I buy jewelry and John buys junk ;-) from Wirecutter).. so soon I will have sheets that cost more than a a dinner out! I love John (I really do). :)

Happy day for all, onward and upward to walk my pup.. and me and John, we all walk each other.

love all my NIRDIs, lucky Kate the grEAt..

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate, you ARE hot!

And yes,here is an easy way to make money...a
Great philosophy according to Bloomingdales.
Right?? :lol:
5C609774-443D-45BD-A127-7A58CA330025.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy first I gotta get out of the politics here hahaha.. Second and way more importantly, thank you, we are on the mend, Autumn? not sure but I will text Mike today and ask if they want to have dinner, then see if they want us to watch Auti tomorrow since it's VDAY! we do't celebrate VDAY, we are just two old air gas people (hahaha) who said years ago, every day we love each other and most days we can't stand each other (now that is a j/k, it's every OTHER day).. I dunno, it sort of ran its course with us.. that John gave me the money to buy EVER when he didn't have to, I didn't earn it, all I have is because he SAVED and he made most times 6X what I made (that is pathetic yup) I didn't really add anything to our savings, but he says" "Kate the GREAT! I love you and you were the other half of our life and I love you, 4ever" yup he said that, so we sorta just live our old peeps life and most times we laugh a lot and sometimes we fight nasty :) (mostly me, altho Mr Freezer can be a ba---rd!) :) soooo maybe Mike wants us to watch Auti tomorrow, we shall see. @missy your pix is beautiful.. as always, so much love in your pix.. so much kindness... lucky me girl. lucky me! xoxoxo

@Jimmianne ha! you know why we get along? well one we have something in common as you now, but more importantly, we are upbeats, yeah I spent bucks on a ring, but no matter I saved on a dress! that's me, I LOVE that about you, you always make me laugh or smile.. you're brilliant as they say across the pond... xxoxoxo

@Austina no meeting on the house, BUT John sent a larky type note to the architect along the lines of: We have not HEARD from you and we need to get the ball rolling!" only nicer, I dunno anymore.. I overreact and John underreacts. meh. Glad your weather is improving, xoxoxo

@marcy more flights are cancelled than ever these days, once we were in Charlottesville VA and they cancelled our flight to Atlanta because of weather, the next day we all stood outside the plane and the pilot says "I'm going to take a vote! the toilet's don't work, so if anyone has a problem with that speak now and we will cancel till tomorrow" not ONE person raised their hand, but I did think "jeez what ELSE doesn't work on this jalopy" :) hope your SIL returned home safey!. your continued improvement in lifting is AWESOME Marcy, truly awesome, my shoulder just aches thinking about lifting 5lbs. :) xoxoxo oh and the house plans (hahahaha) still waiting but we did send a nastyogram to the architect.. so frustrating.

@ringo865 Hi! nice to see you about, hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

@Niffler75 joint pain, girl I hear you.. !!! your party sounds fantastic, and they grow up so fast, 9 years old! still a baby of course, and what a great mamabear.. so lovely. xoxoxo

@Scandinavian how goes things in Scandiland! hope sincerely all is well with everyone. xoxox

@Mamabean what's up with your rings? YOUR taste is spectacular lady.. really there isn't a ring you have that doesn't make my heart jump a bit for the beauty.. you always have DK make your stuff and it always looks beautiful.. Hope all is well with David and the boys and grandson and future grandson! hubster is well I hope too.. xoxoxo

nothing new, nothing to report. Wait, we just bought new percale sheets for 200.00$ USD, hahahaha, John wants them, John is constantly worried that I am hot (and yes I am hot for 67 but not that hot, that hot went out the window hmm 15 years ago ;-) ) he knows I hate Texas heat that I loved Maine weather and the ONLY thing that brought me back was Autumn, otherwise never ever. So he spends much time worrying if I am hot, or cold too! I guess this is old peoples way of showing love! hahaha.. I hate LLBean also but we are getting these redic sheets because Wire Cutter in the NYTimes (John's latest hangout spot, I buy jewelry and John buys junk ;-) from Wirecutter).. so soon I will have sheets that cost more than a a dinner out! I love John (I really do). :)

Happy day for all, onward and upward to walk my pup.. and me and John, we all walk each other.

love all my NIRDIs, lucky Kate the grEAt..

@Tekate Did I ever tell you I love your posts? They make me smile...
I‘m glad you and John are feeling better. It’s sweet how John worries about whether you’re hot or cold. Shatzie..that’s my husband’s name....worries that I don’t sleep. I worry that he’s going to have an accident and get killed driving back and forth to NJ and the airport during the week. He is a terrible driver...Really...One of us usually screams if he’s driving because he will change lanes without looking. We are all trained that when he puts his blinker on we all turn to see if car is in the next lane...even David..I’m so relieved when he walks in the door at night...
David told me yesterday that it was Valentines Day on Friday...I asked him what he wanted me to make him on Friday for dinner. I always make a special dinner on his birthday and Valentine’s Day. I did that for the boys when they were growing up too. He told me he wants Stuffed Shells with meat sauce AND meatballs...That a job..but I said okay..You got it...This morning he told me he changed his mind. He wants me to make homemade pizza...I make the dough, sauce, etc from scratch...but it’s much easier and less labor intensive than the stuffed shells and meatballs so I’m happy...Today he has an after work program he likes to go to so I have to pick him up and take him home..No cooking today..just heating things up so that’s a break..
I got my zircon ring that was lost for over two months...I am sorry that it actually came to me...I wish it would have bounced back to the seller because she already refunded me. The white zircons look like they have a black spot in the middle of each of them. It looks terrible. I also asked her if the blue zircon had any abrasions..She said a very tiny one...I looked under the loupe...There were little tiny chips and abrasions..so basically she lied. Since she had refunded me I refunded her back. She’s in Germany..I just wanted it done with..I’m going to send it to David to resize but I will probably not wear it much if at all. I could have replaced the zircons but the setting is 9k.. so not worth it...It didn’t cost that much but still...I feel like I was taken..
726582E5-95A9-4DC3-83B4-E93B5DB007D7.jpeg
I have no idea when Ashlee will be ready...I’m nervous if it will be too blingy for me...Crazy I know...
Did you make plans to see Chris?
Auti must be so attached to you by now. I know Scott and Allie would love for us to be there helping now that the new baby is coming mid June. He’s worried already that he has a business trip four weeks after the baby is born. I told him that if Allie wants me to be there that week I would stay in a hotel with David and help out. When they had Jackson Allie asked me to stay there for a week when they brought him home. I was really surprised she didn’t ask her mom but I was so happy to do it. I stayed at the house and even got up during the night with them until they were comfortable. It was so much fun...I love snuggling babies...and the fact that it was my grandchild...well you know...bliss...They may be getting an Au pair to live with them. I won’t have a room anymore..so that’s why I would stay in a hotel...if I help them out again...I better rest up..
How do you like your band? It’s so pretty...I keep trying on different bands with Summer. I don’t have a favorite band with it yet...
Enough procrastination...I have to do laundry...

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate Did I ever tell you I love your posts? They make me smile...
I‘m glad you and John are feeling better. It’s sweet how John worries about whether you’re hot or cold. Shatzie..that’s my husband’s name....worries that I don’t sleep. I worry that he’s going to have an accident and get killed driving back and forth to NJ and the airport during the week. He is a terrible driver...Really...One of us usually screams if he’s driving because he will change lanes without looking. We are all trained that when he puts his blinker on we all turn to see if car is in the next lane...even David..I’m so relieved when he walks in the door at night...
David told me yesterday that it was Valentines Day on Friday...I asked him what he wanted me to make him on Friday for dinner. I always make a special dinner on his birthday and Valentine’s Day. I did that for the boys when they were growing up too. He told me he wants Stuffed Shells with meat sauce AND meatballs...That a job..but I said okay..You got it...This morning he told me he changed his mind. He wants me to make homemade pizza...I make the dough, sauce, etc from scratch...but it’s much easier and less labor intensive than the stuffed shells and meatballs so I’m happy...Today he has an after work program he likes to go to so I have to pick him up and take him home..No cooking today..just heating things up so that’s a break..
I got my zircon ring that was lost for over two months...I am sorry that it actually came to me...I wish it would have bounced back to the seller because she already refunded me. The white zircons look like they have a black spot in the middle of each of them. It looks terrible. I also asked her if the blue zircon had any abrasions..She said a very tiny one...I looked under the loupe...There were little tiny chips and abrasions..so basically she lied. Since she had refunded me I refunded her back. She’s in Germany..I just wanted it done with..I’m going to send it to David to resize but I will probably not wear it much if at all. I could have replaced the zircons but the setting is 9k.. so not worth it...It didn’t cost that much but still...I feel like I was taken..
726582E5-95A9-4DC3-83B4-E93B5DB007D7.jpeg
I have no idea when Ashlee will be ready...I’m nervous if it will be too blingy for me...Crazy I know...
Did you make plans to see Chris?
Auti must be so attached to you by now. I know Scott and Allie would love for us to be there helping now that the new baby is coming mid June. He’s worried already that he has a business trip four weeks after the baby is born. I told him that if Allie wants me to be there that week I would stay in a hotel with David and help out. When they had Jackson Allie asked me to stay there for a week when they brought him home. I was really surprised she didn’t ask her mom but I was so happy to do it. I stayed at the house and even got up during the night with them until they were comfortable. It was so much fun...I love snuggling babies...and the fact that it was my grandchild...well you know...bliss...They may be getting an Au pair to live with them. I won’t have a room anymore..so that’s why I would stay in a hotel...if I help them out again...I better rest up..
How do you like your band? It’s so pretty...I keep trying on different bands with Summer. I don’t have a favorite band with it yet...
Enough procrastination...I have to do laundry...

Gosh, Mamabean, so sorry about the ring SNAFU. It happens ...has happened ...to others, including me. One takes a risk; sometimes you win, sometimes not. Anyway, it’s making me mad that she was not honest.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It was a general check up that Colin had yesterday @missy, he’ll get all the lab results soon, but he likes to go every so often - me, as long as I’m breathing and not in pain, I know I’m ok :lol: Good news that Greg is getting on so well, and isn’t that the way that professionals just look younger and younger! We avoid Costco at the weekends, it’s just too busy, during the week, we can wander around, and not have to queue for ages at the checkout. We had torrential rain during the night, and again when we were out doing our food shopping, yuk.

How disappointing that your ring really wasn’t as advertised @Mamabean, she clearly misrepresented it, and I think you’re being very generous in paying for it. I think I’d have just shipped it back and asked to be reimbursed for the cost. How sweet that David is making your life easier by revising his menu choice, Adam always wanted Ebony & Ivory cheesecake as his birthday cake, and it took hours to make. He even contacted me when he was on holiday in Hawaii one year for he recpie. Your husband’s driving sounds like my Dad, he was a terrible driver and used to take Colin to the airport for early morning flights, until Colin said he couldn’t stand the stress of being in the car with him :mrgreen:

Argh, I feel your pain @Tekate, it would drive me bonkers getting nowhere with the house. We bought our last house new (the original buyers backed out at the last minute) and I was on the builders back all the time until they fixed the things that needed fixing. One time there was a problem I rang, and the handy man came right over, he told me they were scared of me and told him to get over a.s.a.p. to fix whatever needed fixing. I really hope you get some action soon.

I like the way Bloomingdales thinks @Jimmianne, that’s always been my philosphy, I say to Colin “but look how much we saved”! He’s not usually impressed. :lol-2:

I hope your SIL managed to get home @marcy and that your weather hasn’t got any worse. I spoke too soon, it hammered down during the night and again today. Of course the window cleaner came this afternoon, and as soon as he left, it started raining again :evil:

I’m so sorry you’re so achy @Niffler75, I hope your early night helped as I’m sure the party is going to pretty hectic.

I hope everything is well with you @Daisys and Diamonds and you’re feeling a bit better about things.

How’re you @bling_dream19?

Sending good thoughts to you @Scandanavian and hoping all is well there.

We had a golf lesson this afternoon, and it really helped, I was definitely hitting the ball straighter and further. We’ve booked another for next week.

Yay, it’s almost Friday, then the weekend :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's from still snowing and cold Wyoming.

@missy i am totally enjoying the pictures of you and Greg when you go walking. Good for Greg walking so much and doing so well. Thomas sounds like a great guy and good PT so that hopefully makes PT painless. I don't see well in low contrast lighting either; I hope you make it to Costco though. Is Oliver behaving today? Thank you about lifting - my knee is okay today (or normal is more like it).

@Tekate that is so frustrating about the architect. I remember oh so well how much we had to bug them when our house was being built. I would have been concerned about getting on that plane too. My SIL is probably stranded here again. I asked her a while ago where we were going to dinner tonight. Her response was rather rude. Go figure. Sorry your shoulder is so bad; my sister certainly has the same problem. I know her PT has helped it but not cured it. I was smiling for sure when I lifted 85 pounds. It was like WOW! What brand of sheets did you order? I keep thinking of trying Boll and Branch but they are pricey. I sure like the Tommy Bahama's cotton blanket I ordered a few months ago.

@Jimminne I think I spend more money when I buy more things but I am sure any store wants us to buy everything in sight.

@Mamabean both of the supper's David requested sound delicious. Yes pizza will be easier though. That is scary to hear how your husband just changes lanes; he needs a lane sensor for sure on his vehicle. Marty thinks I'm a horrible driver. That is a shame about your Zircon ring; if you don't think you'd wear it I wouldn't pay to have anything else done on it. I've ended up with pieces of jewelry I don't like more than I'd like to admit. I usually end up giving it away or selling it really cheaply to get rid of it. Now I try to buy only from places I can trade up with and not lose the money I put in to it already. I think Austina's suggestion is good too; return it and try to get your money back.

@Austina I'm with you on my assessment for being okay - I woke up - I'm good. I think my SIL is considering renting a car and driving to Denver and flying out of there. They are getting snow too but don't shut down flights unless it's a major blizzard. Darn that you just had your windows cleaned it it starting raining. My poor car is filthy. It sounds like you are going to need that hole in one insurance when you play golf. You are doing great!

As I mentioned above my SIL was still here this morning. I told her when I left I'll see you tonight and maybe you can find a hotel today. It's been snowing all morning so I sent her that text about an hour ago now and asked where we are going for supper. I think she has a weekend Valentine date in California so wants to get back to Dallas to pack for that and then fly to California.

Take care
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be back later but just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Valentine's Day. Sending you all love and hugs.

happy-valelentines-day-red-heart-sprakling-animated-gif-card-2.gif

I wrote a poem super fast this morning so it is pretty rough but am going to share it anyway because I wrote it with you girls in mind.

Wishing you all
Lots of love and joy
A happy Valentine's Day
Filled with bling and more

I came to PS years ago
To drool over diamonds and gems
I am still here years later though
For the PSers- the true gems

Happy Valentine's Day
Whether you are in a romance or not
With PSers here day and night
You're never alone and it's all so right

Bring on the ideal diamonds
Bring on the stunning gems
Bring on the masterpieces
We adore each one of them

PSers we adore the most
Truly the best of the bunch
The creamy butter to our toast
The yummy pizza we had for lunch
Had to add food in there
Since it's been on our minds
Oh PS you are so dear
A treasure and a find

Must end this poem now
Heading to PT soon
DH's recovery in tune
Time is getting short
Happy day to one and all
Time for coffee by the quart

Sending you each a warm hug
Thank you for making PS so sweet
Coming here each and every day
Is truly the best of yummy treats

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@missy That is such a lovely thoughtful poem! I am afraid I could never be so eloquent!

@marcy It's wonderful to see @missy photos and greg up and about isn't it.

@Mamabean I am really sorry about your zircon ring. ::)So disappointing when you have been looking forward to it arriving. I hope you have a lovely valentine's meal today.

@Austina Hiya, feeling a bit better thanks. My son unfortunately can't cope with a big party so we are planning a low key day with a few surprises and his fave food. My husband and I will be in crafty stealth mode tonight. We always sneak into his bedroom when he is asleep and fill it with balloons and streamers. It is hilarious as we get woken the following morning with him shouting 'You guys, you've done it again haven't you?'

@Scandinavian I hope you are ok

@Daisys and Diamonds How are you feeling today?

Happy valentine's day everyone! x

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will be back later but just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Valentine's Day. Sending you all love and hugs.

happy-valelentines-day-red-heart-sprakling-animated-gif-card-2.gif

I wrote a poem super fast this morning so it is pretty rough but am going to share it anyway because I wrote it with you girls in mind.

Wishing you all
Lots of love and joy
A happy Valentine's Day
Filled with bling and more

I came to PS years ago
To drool over diamonds and gems
I am still here years later though
For the PSers- the true gems

Happy Valentine's Day
Whether you are in a romance or not
With PSers here day and night
You're never alone and it's all so right

Bring on the ideal diamonds
Bring on the stunning gems
Bring on the masterpieces
We adore each one of them

PSers we adore the most
Truly the best of the bunch
The creamy butter to our toast
The yummy pizza we had for lunch
Had to add food in there
Since it's been on our minds
Oh PS you are so dear
A treasure and a find

Must end this poem now
Heading to PT soon
DH's recovery in tune
Time is getting short
Happy day to one and all
Time for coffee by the quart

Sending you each a warm hug
Thank you for making PS so sweet
Coming here each and every day
Is truly the best of yummy treats

Love this poem @missy! ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Valentine’s Day! E614A804-15B2-423D-8ABF-B22E13A3823F.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@marcy I want to thank you for telling me I shouldn’t spend anything else on the zircon. I actually had it packaged to go to David to resize...I even had emailed him the night before.. I was driving to pick up David from his dance with the package on the seat..ready to mail it at the post office near his job...You’re right...I didn’t mail it...I’ll never wear it...I should have told her right away I was sending it back but it was such a fiasco being held up in customs..and I didn’t want to pay for shipping it again...I lost some money in the beginning too with shipping and something with the exchange rate...IDK...It’s so upsetting I just want to the throw it in the trash so I don’t get upset looking at it..It’s not even so much the money now..It wasn’t expensive..I’m mad at myself for refunding her that quickly...:wall:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy I want to thank you for telling me I shouldn’t spend anything else on the zircon. I actually had it packaged to go to David to resize...I even had emailed him the night before.. I was driving to pick up David from his dance with the package on the seat..ready to mail it at the post office near his job...You’re right...I didn’t mail it...I’ll never wear it...I should have told her right away I was sending it back but it was such a fiasco being held up in customs..and I didn’t want to pay for shipping it again...I lost some money in the beginning too with shipping and something with the exchange rate...IDK...It’s so upsetting I just want to the throw it in the trash so I don’t get upset looking at it..It’s not even so much the money now..It wasn’t expensive..I’m mad at myself for refunding her that quickly...:wall:

Take solace in the fact that you’re a good and honest person!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take solace in the fact that you’re a good and honest person!

Thank you @Jimmianne! Should I just throw it away so it doesn’t upset me? It’s sitting on a shelf in my kitchen. I want to throw it out and be done. Is that crazy?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Jimmianne! Should I just throw it away so it doesn’t upset me? It’s sitting on a shelf in my kitchen. I want to throw it out and be done. Is that crazy?

Am on my way out but wanted to respond...

@Mambean, try not to beat yourself up. Most of us have purchased things online that we end up not liking. I'm sorry you're disappointed in the ring. Sometimes gemstones like zircon do show a window, depending on how they are cut. I know you don't like the ring but IMO it is still pretty, the zircon is a lovely color. Maybe you could donate it to a charity thrift shop or perhaps Good Will has a jewelry section? I just think that someone might like it and be able to enjoy it. But of course you should do whatever makes you feel better. Sorry this didn't work out!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Am on my way out but wanted to respond...

@Mambean, try not to beat yourself up. Most of us have purchased things online that we end up not liking. I'm sorry you're disappointed in the ring. Sometimes gemstones like zircon do show a window, depending on how they are cut. I know you don't like the ring but IMO it is still pretty, the zircon is a lovely color. Maybe you could donate it to a charity thrift shop or perhaps Good Will has a jewelry section? I just think that someone might like it and be able to enjoy it. But of course you should do whatever makes you feel better. Sorry this didn't work out!

Thank you @junebug..xo

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like what June said. I call these purchases “albatrosses “.
I’ve got a doozy... a custom setting and I won’t even embarrass myself by telling you how much it cost.

I would put it away, or, being a silly person, would make a little altar for it with a candle and a love note, telling it that it is beautiful as it is and you feel honored to make a space for its imperfections in your life.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like what June said. I call these purchases “albatrosses “.
I’ve got a doozy... a custom setting and I won’t even embarrass myself by telling you how much it cost.

I would put it away, or, being a silly person, would make a little altar for it with a candle and a love note, telling it that it is beautiful as it is and you feel honored to make a space for its imperfections in your life.

Thank you @Jimmianne...I‘ve had doozies too. One big expensive one..I had a band made after I saw a ring on Lang’s that was sold out. I thought it was an antique. This is before I knew any better..pre PS..It turns out it wasn’t an antique...There are a few changes but not enough that people wouldn’t recognize the original maker. I felt horrible..It’s beautiful but I have trouble wearing it. I can’t share it here...OMG..I would be be pulp... It’s design is made in such a way that I really can’t wear it with a solitaire either... It was a pretty expensive ring to make too. I visit it and sometimes wear it alone on my left hand when I’m home for the day...cloaked in secrecy...:shifty:
I love your description of trying to accept its faults...by writing a love note, etc...So sweet..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results