clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw @missy happy Sunday, the cats just sitting there so regally, it's just precious! love them. Happy Sunday girl. We are on our way out to go to REI to get a promised jacket for Chris, then not sure what else we are doing, out to lunch (food food food) and meet up with Mike and family I am sure. Chris leaves tomorrow afternoon, bittersweet because he loves the city and I love him (he of course loves his old mom) and miss him. But onward to March. Have a great Sunday Marvelous Missy! sending love and happy healing vibes and dust for all, I have to read back I think to find out if your toe is progressing to being totally healed, probably not. xoxoxo

@Jimmianne oooooohhhh love the rings, gorgeous and I second everything Missy said about you Jimmie.. you are tops. sending hugs and love.

So all NIRDIs I am hoping to settle down after today and read daily. :)

@Slick1 how are you and things? xoxoxo

@marcy happy Sunday! hope you have clear skies and are doing all your lifting, how's the knee? xoxoxo

@junebug17 how's everyone? where are you? sending you buckets of love June.. maybe see you in March? who knows! xoxoxo

@Calliecake Hi! how's things with you and your family? the new grandniece must be getting big! sending you buckets of love too! xoxoxo

@Daisys and Diamonds hello! what's the news on the weather in your part of the world? do you get any smoke? hope you are well and hubster and family too! sending huge hugs of love xoxoxoxo

@Scandinavian hello Scandi, are you inundated with cold weather and snow? would love that! hope everyone is feeling well truly.. sending buckets of hugs and love! xoxo

@Mamabean Hi Joanne, hope you are feeling super and your husband is feeling mucho better, you are my hero, you and Missy, well June and Jimmie, Missy! all of you guys make me a better person. sending you love Joanne to you and family. xoxoxoxo

@canuk-gal happy Sunday! hope you are enjoying the winter, I miss it so much. oh well.. sending love to you and yours Sharon... xoxoxoxo

@Austina when are you coming back? getting decent sleep, I want to thank you again for paying for our lunch Austina, above and beyond and VERY VERY kind of you both, you and your family are totally classy and very nice, give Colin a hi and hug from me.. I hope to see you this year again... you are a wonderful friend and again I thank you for your kindness, next time it's OUR turn.. sending tons of hugs, love and care Austina, lucky me. xoxoxoxo

If I missed you, never fear I'll be back tonight I am pretty sure!

Happy Happy Sunday to my NIRDIs!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy I hope the case you picked is perfect. The most important thing for me in a phone case is that it’s not slick. Some of them shoot out of my hand like a bar of soap. I have small hands anyway so I don’t need help dropping things. Yes, perfection is the enemy of good and that is exactly what I should remember with this heart diamond. I wear this ring a few times a month and it’s always about the heart and nothing else. I’d rather save money to spend on my next sapphire ring. I totally understand about buying mugs; Marty has so many of them I can’t get them all in the cupboard so I always tell him no you don’t need any more mugs. To me it sounds like next summer you’ll get 2 dishes of ice cream a day. Works for me. Wow you lucked out on traffic yesterday getting back to Brooklyn. No worries about knowing what to take with you between places more shopping. Even when we had our 5th wheel we’d make several trips to the nearest town because we forgot something. I chuckled at the picture of the 3 cats resting; was Oliver plotting his next trick and the other 2 plotting revenge?

@Jiimmianne your bands are gorgeous. You find the best stuff. They really show how great diamonds look in rich yellow gold.

@Tekate darn that Chris is leaving; at least it is so easy to keep in touch these days. I am going to do my lifting shortly. Marty wants me to back off to 25 pounds on presses; my left arm is angry; then slowly work back up. My knee reminds me frequently it doesn’t work much anymore but I am hanging in there. Overall my legs are stronger and can take more. That is a good thing.

I have all the Christmas decorations packed up. Marty is “stalled” though. The bottom section of the tree has a huge section of lights burnt out. I think it’s time for a new tree. He spent close to 2 hours trying to find what is wrong. It’s supposed to keep lights going even if a bulb is burnt out but last year we found if more than 10 were burnt out in a string it wouldn’t work. It’s over 8 years old maybe it’s time for a new tree.

Tough day / week for a friend of mine and one of my employees. A friend of mine lost her dad to cancer on Friday and one of my employees called me a while ago to tell me her husband died this morning. He’s 61 and she’s 58, their health has been bad for years so I thought they were quite a bit older. She had kidney cancer about 12 years ago; she beat it but only has one kidney. They recently found a 2” mass in her remaining kidney. Tests were kind of put on hold over the holidays but she has that to deal with as well. I feel so bad for her. They gave their house to his daughter and granddaughter to live in and moved to the farm her FIL owns. It’s about 35 miles out. The FIL died about 6 months ago. What an overwhelming situation for her.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This weekend feels like the proper NYE, I am way behind.

It was a rare calm time believe me and most of the night was not so chill. I wish.

Now that they had a taste of peace & it must look possible, at least. Your patience is paying off, methinks!
-
Francesca ,((( what can anyone do; I miss more friends than I have friends since few were/are young.
-
rambling re. houses: I have always lived mostly within walking distance by luck, not exactly wishing to find out how it might be to be really out of the way & far from neighbours as many houses are here, along narrow montain valleys [beautiful, but no, one such could not be my only house, as you say - unless it does!].

Tough day / week for a friend of mine and one of my employees.

You are a good friend & it ain't easy ,(

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
May I see???? Asschers are expensive to get the size..but I’ll look! xxxxoooo

I assume anything over 7.5 mm is possibly enough [perhaps not for a stone that is close to octagonal, if you wanted such a shape www] and 8 mm certainly enough. This WWW (nearly 8 _) looks particularly interesting - the cut seems very good [everything about how large & angled facets are - the important structure that works light], although the finish [polish & facet meeting 'points'] is somewhat old school [less finished by current standards, and this is what GIA says too; these are minor details - I forgive before forgetting these things, can investigate]. This www is also interesting - the size of 2.5 cts & the price may leave room to www.

2c

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I assume anything over 7.5 mm is possibly enough [perhaps not for a stone that is close to octagonal, if you wanted such a shape www] and 8 mm certainly enough. This WWW (nearly 8 _) looks particularly interesting - the cut seems very good [everything about how large & angled facets are - the important structure that works light], although the finish [polish & facet meeting 'points'] is somewhat old school [less finished by current standards, and this is what GIA says too; these are minor details - I forgive before forgetting these things, can investigate]. This www is also interesting - the size of 2.5 cts & the price may leave room to www.

2c

Thank you @AV_ I’m looking for a VS1 G or F if possible..bigger than Libby who is over 8mm..I think 8.11mm..My problem is the only way to upgrade to eventually get the size Asscher I want through Blue Nile is to buy a smaller diamond now..I would have to upgrade to the size I want by buying a diamond twice the price as the original next year...If I go too big the first time then I have to spend way more than I want for my final upgrade..I’ve been looking at cushions too..but I’m not sure I want another cushion. I may go with another MRB and upgrade next year to the size I want. I’m not trading in Libby..If I do the round diamond it would be set in a very simple solitaire temporarily because I would have to buy another setting next year..I really would love an asscher..but they are bottom heavy so I have to go way up in carat weight to get bigger than Libby. I’m giving myself a headache..hahahahaha :wall:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Tekate I’m so sorry you are missing your former house. It will take time but you will grow roots..It takes me a good three years to get comfortable and feel settled in a new home. If you can..take many trips back to visit friends. After a while you may not feel as connected to the old house. I actually still make trips back to my former house in NJ. We had some really happy memories there...some bad..but I always felt a connection to that house..I had a full glass door in my living room..that looked on to my garden..The big thing then were fabrics in large cabbage roses. I had drapes in pink and green cabbage roses on a cream background....It sounds horrific but they were beautiful. I felt like I was sitting in my garden. The best compliment I ever got for that house was a friend said my house felt like a hug. I never had that same feeling again living in any other house...It was special..so I understand you missing your home. You are a special person that I can feel through your words...I wish you all the best in your new home..Take pics!
@missy It must be hard to be in New York without Francesca. I was so happy you were able to get back there now that the kitties are doing well..I didn’t think that it would bring memories of seeing her there. :(
How’s your toe healing? I cringe thinking about it..How often will you have to go back? I’m assuming he will have to cut it as it grows..
Ollie is so adorable...He’s like a two year old child! Haha
Is Greg able to go out and about? Does he have any pain?
@junebug How was your weekend? Did you go anywhere? It rained and was super cold this whole weekend...We mainly stayed inside. I put up new curtains in my tv room in Maryland..The houses in the historic district are sooooo close to each other. The neighbors can look right in the tv room because they are above us and can look right in watching us watch tv! I felt like I was in a fishbowl..I bought tier curtains in a blue toile pattern and hung two sets..one above and one below on the same window so I can open the top for light if we are sitting on the couch..but have the bottom tiers closed so I don’t feel like they are breathing down our necks...When it gets dark I close the top pair so they don’t watch our tv with us..I like space...My husband isn’t bothered by it...I am..
@marcy I’m sorry about your friend’s dad and employee’s husband..How horrible that she now has a tumor in her other kidney.
You are so disciplined with your lifting..I think about you when I’m lugging all my heavy groceries up the hundred steps into the Maryland house. I think how easy it would be for you..Then I just think you’re younger than me so that’s why! :lol:
@Calliecake You must enjoy your new grandniece..How often are you able to see her? I hope you enjoyed your weekend..
@Daisys and Diamonds You sure cooked yourself a feast with the turkey and trimmings! It sounds like you had a nice visit with Melanie. I’m glad you think she looked good...It sounds like you made a nice meal for everyone..
@bling_dream19 How’s married life? That’s a good idea to sell your hubby’s house since he moved into your house...It must be sad to give up the beach house...but you can visit a lot.
OMG..I almost lost this whole lost. It’s happened to me before. It just posted it without me sending it so that’s it for now..
Hugs to you all! xxxxoooo

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne, I'm sorry trying to sell your rings turned out to be such a hassle; I don't know what's up with some people, sheesh. Donating them to the charity thrift store is a great idea. They are such pretty rings. And I really love your new gold bands. The yellow gold is so rich and the designs are beautiful.

@Daisys and Diamonds, your turkey dinner looks so good. So nice seeing the green trees...It is very colorless here in NJ right now lol. Good to hear that Melanie seems like she's doing well. Your dinner sounds like it was lovely. It's too bad the kids didn't eat much but some kids can be very picky. Preparing and serving a meal is so much work, isn't it? I'm exhausted into the next day after having people over!

@missy, glad to hear the kitties are doing well overall and I'm happy Fred seems to be comfortable and feeling ok. It's comforting to think of our furbabies together at the rainbow bridge. Sweet pics of the kitties and I hope everyone settles in soon; it's a big change for everyone. Good news that Greg hasn't been in pain and I hope your toe is on the mend. Your earrings look really lovely on you - beautiful sparkle and they're the perfect size.

@Austina, ugh to jet lag, so difficult to deal with and I hope you've gotten some sleep by now and are feeling better. Great that you're enjoying some mild and sunny weather. I don't think I'll be getting another cat...I don't know, the whole experience was painful and I don't want to go through it again. Dh says he wants to get a yellow lab when he retires lol. I guess we'll see how things go. I really love the pendant Colin gave you. It is just beautiful and such a sweet and romantic gesture.

@rainwood, Happy New Year!

@AV_, hope all is well and you're making progress on your work. Very nice that you took a trip into town for shopping and dinner, sometimes it's good to break up the usual routine.

@Tekate, so great to hear from you - you definitely have a lot going on and are super busy! So sorry you had a stomach virus, those are terrible. Sounds you had a lovely holiday with your family - Autie is so adorable! Look at her sitting up, too cute. Evan is a doll too. I can understand you feeling homesick; you've had a lot of changes in a very short time and life had been very hectic for you. And Chris leaving probably isn't helping. At least it's easy to keep in touch these days. Hang in there, it will take time but you will adjust, and it's so wonderful that you can see your son, dil, and granddaughter often. We're in NJ right now and will probably go to South Carolina in mid January. All is good with the family, knock on wood! Dh and the kids are fine.

@Scandinavian, so glad you are loving your new setting; it's so beautiful. Very sorry your mother is having such a hard time. Good to hear your grandmother is doing better.

@marcy, so exciting that you bought a new heart diamond! It sounds beautiful and I hope you love it. So sad about your friend and your employee. Such terrible losses and my heart goes out to them. And your employee has a health issue on top of everything, just awful. Wishing you a good start to your work week.

@Mamabean, so happy you have a lot of funny money to play with - and Happy Birthday! So sweet of your dh. You deserve it, you work very hard taking care of your family. Good luck deciding, and try not to get stressed out...you will figure it out, just take your time. You seem to keep going back to the asscher, maybe that's a sign! But a MRB would be lovely too. Have you given any thought to an OEC? Would be similar to your round, but different too LOL.

@bling_dream19, your trip to NY sounds like so much fun! Love your new sapphire, what a beautiful color. Will make the perfect honeymoon ring. I'm sorry you are feeling sad about leaving the shore but it does make sense to use the money towards a mortgage rather than rent. And hopefully you and your dh(yay!) can fit in some trips to the beach.

Not much going on here...spent some time putting decorations away and doing laundry. Dh took advantage of the mild temps and went golfing yesterday. Other than that, we've just been puttering around the house.

I feel like buying something with all the bling buying going on haha! Hope everyone has a good Monday.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Jimmiane Did you post your gold bands on this thread? I want to see them and I don’t know where to look...I’ll try again tomorrow..:think:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, thank you! I am coming around to being a yellow gold person. I hope you are doing well and that your New Year is good so far! Do you have any trips or events planned for this year (aside from traveling down the coast, of course)?

Tekate, did Chris get his jacket? I know you will miss him, but you will see him soon? I hope.

Mamabean, I will post another photo of the bands. I think I will send back the wide band, as I don’t think I will wear all three all that much, but it was such a great deal, and has an additional signature aside from the Sepkus mark, so I am a little on the fence about it. Not sure what to do.
B2A9BB1D-F41E-479D-8771-2E76EB35CDC6.jpeg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
June, thank you! I am coming around to being a yellow gold person. I hope you are doing well and that your New Year is good so far! Do you have any trips or events planned for this year (aside from traveling down the coast, of course)?

Tekate, did Chris get his jacket? I know you will miss him, but you will see him soon? I hope.

Mamabean, I will post another photo of the bands. I think I will send back the wide band, as I don’t think I will wear all three all that much, but it was such a great deal, and has an additional signature aside from the Sepkus mark, so I am a little on the fence about it. Not sure what to do.
B2A9BB1D-F41E-479D-8771-2E76EB35CDC6.jpeg

Omg @Jimmianne They are so unique and gorgeous! Can you wear the wide one as a right hand ring? Thank you for posting the bands again for me..xxoo

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg @Jimmianne They are so unique and gorgeous! Can you wear the wide one as a right hand ring? Thank you for posting the bands again for me..xxoo

Mamabean, Thank you. I need help thinking about this band. I keep putting it away, then wearing it again. The only thing I’m not crazy about are the rubies.
The band is selling new for 3x what I paid, and has that additional signature... I am assuming the signature of the bench person who did the detailing at Sepkus’ shop.
I bought one more Sepkus ring during my buying frenzy, a solitaire with a milky aquamarine. I don’t have it yet, but I am very excited about it. If I could get someone to replace the little ruby and sapphire cabochons in this wide band with diamonds or milky àquamarines I would be happy to keep the ring.
Ugh. Probably too complicated. All this started with me looking for a setting for my asscher, so I will have spent all that money (designated for the asscher setting) getting sidetracked.
Right now I am so into Sepkus that I could justify buying almost anything I could get a great deal on, but I also know that I can be fickle.
Thank you for letting me talk this out!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mamabean, Thank you. I need help thinking about this band. I keep putting it away, then wearing it again. The only thing I’m not crazy about are the rubies.
The band is selling new for 3x what I paid, and has that additional signature... I am assuming the signature of the bench person who did the detailing at Sepkus’ shop.
I bought one more Sepkus ring during my buying frenzy, a solitaire with a milky aquamarine. I don’t have it yet, but I am very excited about it. If I could get someone to replace the little ruby and sapphire cabochons in this wide band with diamonds or milky àquamarines I would be happy to keep the ring.
Ugh. Probably too complicated. All this started with me looking for a setting for my asscher, so I will have spent all that money (designated for the asscher setting) getting sidetracked.
Right now I am so into Sepkus that I could justify buying almost anything I could get a great deal on, but I also know that I can be fickle.
Thank you for letting me talk this out!

Believe me I know...Talk it out all you want because I will be doing that with my Birthday/Christmas money! My birthday is today! :wink2:
I absolutely LOVE your asscher. Do you wear it with a band? I want to get one but I have no idea how to pick one out and it seems impossible..Yours seems to shine from within...and has all the specs I want.
It looks like the rubies are bezel set. If that’s the case it would be really hard to change those out. Once you tamper with it then it will lose value if you plan to sell it again. I know you had fun trying to sell your Berricle rings last time...hahaha...From someone who can’t say no to pretty and deals on EBay...if you don’t love it and think you won’t wear it...either send it back or try again at selling it on Loupe Troupe for a profit if it’s a great deal. I would wait the full time you are allowed in the return period if you’re on the fence. I have way too many rings that I impulse bought and don’t wear..
I forgot to say I love aquamarines...I never saw a milky aquamarine so I had to look it up...They’re gorgeous!

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, Mama Bean!!!

...and thanks. I can relate. I too am really good at impulse buying. It must be a talent!
Can’t wait to see what you do with your bling funds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, Mama Bean!!!

...and thanks. I can relate. I too am really good at impulse buying. It must be a talent!
Can’t wait to see what you do with your bling funds.

Haha me three. Hmm we have some things in common. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday.

@Tekate did you get a jacket from REI for Chris? I hope you enjoyed your lunch with Mike and the family and I hope Chris has a safe trip back today. It is bittersweet leaving and I am glad you are seeing him again in March. Just 2 months away. Hugs to you and much love and I hope you have a wonderful week Great Kate. XOXO.

@marcy hope you had a fun Sunday and are off to a good Monday. Yes I agree. I hope the phone with the new case isn't slick as I drop things often. As you might remember. And yes according to our dhs one can never have too many mugs. Except the truth is we don't have that many anymore as they break and we haven't replaced them as they break so probably could have used a few more. Oh well. Speaking of breaking Oliver just this moment (had to leave and come back) broke a big heavy bowl we had covering one of the food dishes for the cats. Oy and Vey what a mess and now I dont have another to replace it. We have to keep the cat food covered or he eats all of it. This is getting to be too much. And speaking of too much haha I like the way you think. 2 bowls of ice cream a day so as not to hurt Dave or Jimmy's feelings.

@Mamabean yes it is hard being back here without our darling girl Francesca. And yes Ollie is like a child in the throes of the terrible twos. You nailed it haha speaking of nails. No, my podiatrist doesn't actually cut nails. Frustrating to me because I am on my own to cut them but he wants to see me back in 4 months and we will discuss the invasive procedure that will hopefully stop them from getting ingrown. Thanks for asking about Greg. He is OK. Today is his presurgical HSS appointment from 9-2 as they are giving him a lecture about joint replacement so it is a long day there plus tests to run to make sure he can have the surgery. So far quiet on the kidney stone front and may that continue. We ran errands yesterday and he cooked and he was fine.

What are your birthday plans? I know you already celebrated this weekend with your dh and woohoo for the birthday money and I think I can speak for all of us in that we are very excited to see what you will choose!
(((Hugs)))

@Jimmianne sigh, those rich yellow rings on you get me every time. Impeccable taste. Exquisite. Just like you. And do nor argue with me please young lady. You are far too modest! Anyway I am glad so far so good and I am continuing to think good thoughts for january 16. How can I forget the date as it is the day before Greg's TKR. January is shaping up to be an anxiety filled month for me on a few levels now. I wish I could be calm and cool but that is so not me. :P2 I am NIRDI indeed. And I have the glasses to prove it lol. XO.

@junebug17 glad you had a lovely and calm weekend. You deserve it. And nice that your dh got to golf. Our weather has been pretty nice I have to agree. Haha to wanting more bling and I hear you. Thanks for the earring compliments. I think you would look stunning with some romantic dangles. Say the word and I will meet you at PP jewelers and I bet they would have something dreamy for you there...Have a good Monday Junie. XO

@AV_ sadly not calm nor quiet as Oliver has been chasing tommy most of the time so he is now in the playpen again. He just broke a sturdy and good bowl I had been using to cover the cat bowls of food to keep Oliver from eating all of it. Oy. He is a handful. I am glad you have always lived within walking distance of the action. I enjoy just going out and being in the middle of liveliness. But there is a fine line and well it is hard to find that perfect balance. I keep reminding myself perfection is the enemy of good. Hope you have a lovely week. XO.

@Slick1 all I can say is you chose very well and that ring is swoon worthy on you. I think it is the perfect size. Hope you had an enjoyable rest of your Sunday afternoon and evening and hugs and good luck for some good news re insurance this week. Fingers crossed. Hugs.

@Scandinavian hope it is a good week for you and your family. Hugs.

@Austina hope the rest of your weekend went well and I always am so grateful for your kind and generous support and warmth. Hugs to you and much love being sent your way.

@Daisys and Diamonds hello and good morning. Hope you had a lovely weekend. XO.

@bling_dream19 how was the rest of your weekend and hope you have a good week on tap. Hugs being sent your way. And lots of continued good wishes for a happy long honeymoon phase. It can last forever (with ups and downs as real life often is bumpy and smooth as you walk down the path) I promise. XO.

Yesterday Greg and I went to the new Brooklyn Wegman's. Wow it is huge. Big parking lot thankfully so it wasn't too difficult shopping there but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Then we ran a few more errands and Greg went home to cook and I went to visit my friend M. I hadn't seen her since May! It was so wonderful catching up in person (as we spoke often via phone while we were at the beach house). She is leaving for another big trip in March so I only have a couple of months with her but I will take it. She is a huge activist and going to the women's march in January this month in DC. And she partook in the march against anti semitism yesterday morning. She isn't Jewish but she cares about all good causes. Some pics.

On the subway guardian angel sighting. It's sad but with the resurgence of anti semitism NYC subways have become unsafe again. :(
curtissliwa.jpeg

jewsagainstantisemitism.JPG

neveragain.jpeg

stopthehate.jpeg

foleysquaredemonstration.JPG

It is indeed a sad time in this world for so many reasons. And one of them is that for the past 5-10 years anti semitism has been on a huge rise all over the world. :(

Anyway back to happy. It was so great seeing M and it is nice being back here. I just wish Greg's surgery and Jimmianne's surgery was over already and everyone was on the mend. Plus wishing @Scandinavian 's mom would heal and get better and be well. And all good thoughts to the wonderful NIRDIs here. Hugs to you all and have a lovely Monday. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo of the view from M's apartment. It is in my old apartment line. Beautiful. We have this view too on the South side of our apartment.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 7.38.04 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and being with my good friend M yesterday reminded me...

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 7.38.29 AM.png

True dat. :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, although my surgery is extremely minor compared to Greg’s I want him to know how psyched I am for both of us! How lucky we are to live in a time of modern medicine.
I am getting a little emotional this morning thinking how wonderful it will be to see properly again. And Greg will be good as new...or better!
Not only that, but he has the best advocate I’ve ever met in there rooting for him.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Missy, one would have to say that you are very talented as well!

Ugh...where is the quote I meant to include??? I mean your impulse to acquire bling is quite impressive. LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dear Jimmianne, I am the least talented person I know. In fact, I am embarrassingly untalented. I am not sure how I am going to take good care of Greg when I can't cook or do laundry here but I will do my very best and appreciate your vote of confidence. And your always kind and generous comments. (((HUGS))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Jimmianne, I am the least talented person I know. In fact, I am embarrassingly untalented. I am not sure how I am going to take good care of Greg when I can't cook or do laundry here but I will do my very best and appreciate your vote of confidence. And your always kind and generous comments. (((HUGS))).

thank god for take-out or I would not be alive today :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM lovely ladies and happy Monday.

@Tekate did you get a jacket from REI for Chris? I hope you enjoyed your lunch with Mike and the family and I hope Chris has a safe trip back today. It is bittersweet leaving and I am glad you are seeing him again in March. Just 2 months away. Hugs to you and much love and I hope you have a wonderful week Great Kate. XOXO.

@marcy hope you had a fun Sunday and are off to a good Monday. Yes I agree. I hope the phone with the new case isn't slick as I drop things often. As you might remember. And yes according to our dhs one can never have too many mugs. Except the truth is we don't have that many anymore as they break and we haven't replaced them as they break so probably could have used a few more. Oh well. Speaking of breaking Oliver just this moment (had to leave and come back) broke a big heavy bowl we had covering one of the food dishes for the cats. Oy and Vey what a mess and now I dont have another to replace it. We have to keep the cat food covered or he eats all of it. This is getting to be too much. And speaking of too much haha I like the way you think. 2 bowls of ice cream a day so as not to hurt Dave or Jimmy's feelings.

@Mamabean yes it is hard being back here without our darling girl Francesca. And yes Ollie is like a child in the throes of the terrible twos. You nailed it haha speaking of nails. No, my podiatrist doesn't actually cut nails. Frustrating to me because I am on my own to cut them but he wants to see me back in 4 months and we will discuss the invasive procedure that will hopefully stop them from getting ingrown. Thanks for asking about Greg. He is OK. Today is his presurgical HSS appointment from 9-2 as they are giving him a lecture about joint replacement so it is a long day there plus tests to run to make sure he can have the surgery. So far quiet on the kidney stone front and may that continue. We ran errands yesterday and he cooked and he was fine.

What are your birthday plans? I know you already celebrated this weekend with your dh and woohoo for the birthday money and I think I can speak for all of us in that we are very excited to see what you will choose!
(((Hugs)))

@Jimmianne sigh, those rich yellow rings on you get me every time. Impeccable taste. Exquisite. Just like you. And do nor argue with me please young lady. You are far too modest! Anyway I am glad so far so good and I am continuing to think good thoughts for january 16. How can I forget the date as it is the day before Greg's TKR. January is shaping up to be an anxiety filled month for me on a few levels now. I wish I could be calm and cool but that is so not me. :P2 I am NIRDI indeed. And I have the glasses to prove it lol. XO.

@junebug17 glad you had a lovely and calm weekend. You deserve it. And nice that your dh got to golf. Our weather has been pretty nice I have to agree. Haha to wanting more bling and I hear you. Thanks for the earring compliments. I think you would look stunning with some romantic dangles. Say the word and I will meet you at PP jewelers and I bet they would have something dreamy for you there...Have a good Monday Junie. XO

@AV_ sadly not calm nor quiet as Oliver has been chasing tommy most of the time so he is now in the playpen again. He just broke a sturdy and good bowl I had been using to cover the cat bowls of food to keep Oliver from eating all of it. Oy. He is a handful. I am glad you have always lived within walking distance of the action. I enjoy just going out and being in the middle of liveliness. But there is a fine line and well it is hard to find that perfect balance. I keep reminding myself perfection is the enemy of good. Hope you have a lovely week. XO.

@Slick1 all I can say is you chose very well and that ring is swoon worthy on you. I think it is the perfect size. Hope you had an enjoyable rest of your Sunday afternoon and evening and hugs and good luck for some good news re insurance this week. Fingers crossed. Hugs.

@Scandinavian hope it is a good week for you and your family. Hugs.

@Austina hope the rest of your weekend went well and I always am so grateful for your kind and generous support and warmth. Hugs to you and much love being sent your way.

@Daisys and Diamonds hello and good morning. Hope you had a lovely weekend. XO.

@bling_dream19 how was the rest of your weekend and hope you have a good week on tap. Hugs being sent your way. And lots of continued good wishes for a happy long honeymoon phase. It can last forever (with ups and downs as real life often is bumpy and smooth as you walk down the path) I promise. XO.

Yesterday Greg and I went to the new Brooklyn Wegman's. Wow it is huge. Big parking lot thankfully so it wasn't too difficult shopping there but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Then we ran a few more errands and Greg went home to cook and I went to visit my friend M. I hadn't seen her since May! It was so wonderful catching up in person (as we spoke often via phone while we were at the beach house). She is leaving for another big trip in March so I only have a couple of months with her but I will take it. She is a huge activist and going to the women's march in January this month in DC. And she partook in the march against anti semitism yesterday morning. She isn't Jewish but she cares about all good causes. Some pics.

On the subway guardian angel sighting. It's sad but with the resurgence of anti semitism NYC subways have become unsafe again. :(
curtissliwa.jpeg

jewsagainstantisemitism.JPG
@missy I have always felt heartbroken about Anti-Semitism..I read The Diary of Anne Frank when I was a small child. It left such an impression on me....even then when I was so young. Now I have a beautiful Jewish daughter-in-law that I love with my whole heart..a beautiful grandson and a new grandbaby on the way who are also Jewish. I don’t understand how this hate can still be happening..It makes me cry when I think about it..xxxxooo.......

neveragain.jpeg

stopthehate.jpeg

foleysquaredemonstration.JPG

It is indeed a sad time in this world for so many reasons. And one of them is that for the past 5-10 years anti semitism has been on a huge rise all over the world. :(

Anyway back to happy. It was so great seeing M and it is nice being back here. I just wish Greg's surgery and Jimmianne's surgery was over already and everyone was on the mend. Plus wishing @Scandinavian 's mom would heal and get better and be well. And all good thoughts to the wonderful NIRDIs here. Hugs to you all and have a lovely Monday. XOXO.

Leaving you with a photo of the view from M's apartment. It is in my old apartment line. Beautiful. We have this view too on the South side of our apartment.

Screen Shot 2020-01-06 at 7.38.04 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

thank god for take-out or I would not be alive today :lol:

Haha yes I hear you. For Greg take out will work well. For me not so much just because I cannot do soy, dairy, gluten, etc. I can get steamed veggies from the local Chinese restaurant but where is my protein lol. Don't worry. Somehow I will survive. I am a Brooklynite after all. They make us tough here. :bigsmile:

But what a shock yesterday when we went out. Our local down the block Key Food had closed! OMG that was my go to supermarket here. No car necessary. Down the block and voila. Not very pleased when we saw that. We have another supermarket a few blocks away but now I have less variety and if they are out of what I want I have less options. It really was surprising that they closed. Rents are getting way too expensive here. It's out of control.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I wrote something to you above but somehow got stuck in the center of other posts..I don’t know how to fix it..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I have always felt heartbroken about Anti-Semitism..I read The Diary of Anne Frank when I was a small child. It left such an impression on me....even then when I was so young. Now I have a beautiful Jewish daughter-in-law that I love with my whole heart..a beautiful grandson and a new grandbaby on the way who are also Jewish. I don’t understand how this hate can still be happening..It makes me cry when I think about it..xxxxooo.......

Thank you Joanne. Your DIL is so lucky to have you!
It is the one hate left that seems acceptable to so many :(
It was a rude awakening that my alma mater no longer supports Jewish causes that are near and dear to my and many others hearts. In fact their behavior is distinctly anti semitic IMO. I was devastated and disappointed. I will no longer support my college. Very sad.

@missy I wrote something to you above but somehow got stuck in the center of other posts..I don’t know how to fix it..

No worries, I fixed it above in my post. I got it and thank you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Joanne. Your DIL is so lucky to have you!
It is the one hate left that seems acceptable to so many :(
It was a rude awakening that my alma mater no longer supports Jewish causes that are near and dear to my and many others hearts. In fact their behavior is distinctly anti semitic IMO. I was devastated and disappointed. I will no longer support my college. Very sad.

It’s mind boggling to me...I just can’t understand it...It defies logic....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s mind boggling to me...I just can’t understand it...It defies logic....

It does defy logic Joanne. Mind boggling indeed. Even the great and wise Elie Wiesel couldn't explain it. May he RIP.

Why do people hate the Jews?

There’s a passage in a new book about Holocaust scholar and survivor Elie Wiesel that is at once frustrating and satisfying in its ambiguity and anger. It happens when the author, Howard Reich, amid many conversations with Wiesel, asks Wiesel the inevitable suite of questions: Why? Why is human history in part a story of anti-Semitism? Why did the Holocaust happen? Why are Jewish houses of worship targeted for violence today?

“Why do they hate us? Why?” Wiesel replies. “So I know all the answers. In the beginning it was religious reasons. Other times, it was social reasons. They hate us either because we are too rich or too poor, either because we are too ignorant or too learned, too successful or too failing. All the contradictions merge in the anti-Semite. And yet, one thing he knows: He hates Jews. He doesn’t even know who Jews are. In general, I say, the anti-Semite — let him tell me why he hates me. Why should I answer for him?”

Wiesel’s answer glides quickly past the obvious historical and cultural antecedents, and avoids the pat, poetic explanations a lay reader craves, to make a point the lay reader must confront: There is no rational reason for hating the Jewish people, or any people, because they exist. And no justification for the Holocaust or countless other acts of violence and bigotry against Jews, stretching from enslavement in ancient Egypt to Saturday’s mass shooting at a synagogue in Poway, Calif. In short, Wiesel provides both no answer and the right answer: “Let him tell me why he hates me. Why should I answer for him?”

Reich, a Chicago Tribune arts critic whose parents survived the Holocaust, wrote The Art of Inventing Hope: Intimate Conversations with Elie Wiesel, as part of his own exploration of a dark past he didn’t experience personally. Reich’s parents were deeply scarred by their suffering under Nazi persecution yet sought to shield him from the details. They couldn’t, of course. Reich’s paranoid mother would spend nights in their Skokie, Ill., home peering out the living room window, scouting for enemies who weren’t there. His father would his share happy, violent nightmares of revenge. “I was killing Nazis good,” he told young Howard. “I was shooting them down.”

Reich interviewed Wiesel for a 2012 Chicago Tribune event, which led to hours and hours of taped conversations over four years. As Reich says, the book is about two generations of Holocaust survivors speaking to each other from opposite perspectives of this cataclysmic event. One experienced the horror, the second was raised amid the active memory of its terror. The significance is that, even if there are no easy explanations to genocide, or solutions, the topic of the Holocaust must be broached, studied and passed down or it risks being forgotten, or refuted. For example, Holocaust Remembrance Day, known as Yom Hashoah, began at sundown Wednesday. Its themes are “Never forget,” and “Never again.”

Wiesel, who died in 2016, wrote more than 60 books, including the acclaimed memoir, Night. He won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1986. Reich tells us that Wiesel’s interest in cooperating on the book — Wiesel was an eager interviewee — reflected his commitment to keeping the memory of the Holocaust alive. Wiesel said the Holocaust was about the Nazi desire to kill the past and future. “What they really wanted to kill was the children because they carry the Jewish identity forward,” Reich tells us.

Wiesel’s life is a testament to his defiance of the Nazi aim. He wrote about the Holocaust so future generations will understand what happened. In Wiesel’s words, “To hear a witness is to become a witness.”

Anyone who reads Reich’s book will become a witness too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does defy logic Joanne. Mind boggling indeed. Even the great and wise Elie Wiesel couldn't explain it. May he RIP.

I’m sitting here shaking my head...It’s so infuriating and sad at the same time..It really makes me cry...

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results