color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just another manic Monday! :lol:

Hello lovelies

Sounds like you had fun in NYC @bling_dream19 and wow, what a pretty sapphire, you certainly weren’t robbed buying that. What plans do you have for it? Personally my preference is either white metal or rose gold for pink stones, I just feel it enhances the colour. My pink sapphire is in platinum, and I love it.

Argh @Daisys and Diamonds after all your hard work. I‘m afraid it annoys me when you spend time cooking, and parents let their kids eat junk so they’re not hungry. I’m glad to hear that Melanie was looking well, and hopefully her hair will all grow back in once she’s done with the chemo.

What a haul @Jimmianne, and what a dilemma to have! It’s funny how I love y/g on other people just no longer on me. All my jewellery was originally in y/g, and I’ve slowly been replacing it with w/g and my all time favourite, platinum. I’ve heard people say that after cataract surgery they realise they’d been looking through a dirty window before. I agree with @Mamabean that your Asscher is one of the best I’ve ever seen, the faceting is so crisp and well defined. I actually really like it in it’s simple setting.

I’m so glad your husband realises and appreciates how much you do @Mamabean, sometimes it feels like nobody notices. Happy birthday, I hope this will be a great year for you and all your bling dreams come true.

Hoping your Mum’s next round of chemo goes well @Scandanavian and that you, your grandmother, the munchkins and furries are all doing well (and Mr S of course).

I’m excited to see your new heart @marcy, I’m happy with my heart shaped pendant, I don’t even want to think what a heart diamond this size would cost. What sad news for your friend and work colleagues, it always seems worse somehow when it comes at a holiday time. Hoping the new year at work is better than last year, with no more staffing problems.

You’re very welcome @Tekate, and we’ll be up for a return match when we’re in Atown in May. Glad you’ve enjoyed spending time with your family, and will be able to get on with getting the new house built.

I understand how you feel @junebug17, but we still put ourself through the heartbreak because the joy of having them outweighs the pain. I must say that having a dog is quite different to having a cat, and we miss the sociability of meeting other dog owners when we’re out, not to mention the exercise. When does DH retire, because I need a dog fix :mrgreen:?

Don’t hold out on us @Slick1, we neeeeed to see your new bling ;-)

@AV_ how’re things with you?

So glad you got back to the city in record time @missy. You know I understand how you’re feeling about Francesca not being there, I still can’t get used to Dottie not being here, in fact, last night I had a dream that she was standing by the bed and woke up with a start. :cry: I hope all Greg’s pre-op tests went well today, and those pesky kidney stones behave themselves so he can have the knee replacement and then get on with his recovery. Phooey to the store closing down, a sign of the times unfortunately. Sounds like fun catching up with your friend M, and yes, what a world when you can’t even travel without protection. The lack of action on anti-semitism is one of the reasons Corbyn supporters deserted him in droves at our recent elections.

We joined a gym today, we really need to get more exercise, and when the weather’s bad, we no longer have the incentive to go out. We also exercised the CC when we went to Costco this morning.

Cold and wet here today, hopefully Pilates starts again tomorrow.

Hope you’re all having a good day :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the birthday wishes! :kiss2:
I’m going to bore you guys now with questions on what to get with the gift. I can get a new diamond from whiteflash. My sweet spot is VS1 G color.. I can get a 2.5 carat from them and have it set in the solitaire setting I had made in 18k white gold for my AV moissanite. If I do it through them I MAY eventually upgrade it a bit but not larger than 2.75. I wanted an asscher but I want it to be bigger than Libby and it would be crazy expensive. I’ll wait for Alex Park to come up with a smaller one at a later time and bezel it. I could get an elongated cushion...calling @mrs-b ..but would like her to look at it. I don’t want to post it here because I’m not ready to put it on hold. I will show it to her on IG..if she sees this..I just feel the 2.5 mrb from Whiteflash is so close in size to my Libby..It’s possible I won’t upgrade the Whiteflash one. To spend that money for a small increase in size seems frivolous to me. The pic you see has my Libby and an 8.8/2.5 AV moissanite next to it. That’s the setting I would use. Should I go a completely different direction? Opinions? Help please..Sorry..I’m going to be annoying..The pics are terrible as usual but you can see the size difference. <3 EC125237-4946-4C00-95E4-D0DE9316CBDF.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mamabean, please be »annoying ». I want to hear all your thoughts.
Do you have a bucket list for bling??? I think you shoud keep the upgrade on the table and add some more ideas! What else does your heart deisre?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the birthday wishes! :kiss2:
I’m going to bore you guys now with questions on what to get with the gift. I can get a new diamond from whiteflash. My sweet spot is VS1 G color.. I can get a 2.5 carat from them and have it set in the solitaire setting I had made in 18k white gold for my AV moissanite. If I do it through them I MAY eventually upgrade it a bit but not larger than 2.75. I wanted an asscher but I want it to be bigger than Libby and it would be crazy expensive. I’ll wait for Alex Park to come up with a smaller one at a later time and bezel it. I could get an elongated cushion...calling @mrs-b ..but would like her to look at it. I don’t want to post it here because I’m not ready to put it on hold. I will show it to her on IG..if she sees this..I just feel the 2.5 mrb from Whiteflash is so close in size to my Libby..It’s possible I won’t upgrade the Whiteflash one. To spend that money for a small increase in size seems frivolous to me. The pic you see has my Libby and an 8.8/2.5 AV moissanite next to it. That’s the setting I would use. Should I go a completely different direction? Opinions? Help please..Sorry..I’m going to be annoying..The pics are terrible as usual but you can see the size difference. <3 EC125237-4946-4C00-95E4-D0DE9316CBDF.jpeg

First of all you could never be annoying Joanne. It’s a tough one. Personally I think it’s too close in size and shape and if this were mine I’d go in a different direction. Go for the shape you really want.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally wouldn’t upgrade unless there was a substantial difference in size @Mamabean. I think the difference between the moissy and Libby isn’t that noticeable. If you really want a different shape, then I think another MRB won’t stop the itch.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, to me the size difference between the 2 isn't that noticeable...my only thought is that you mentioned upgrading to a larger stone at some point, so that might be a good reason for getting the WF round. I think CBI has an even better upgrade policy, just throwing that out there. If it was me I think I'd go for a different shape though. Like an oval :cheeky::halo:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for not shaming me off! Haha! I feel connected to Libby..but also I would take a huge hit if I traded her in. I’m not even sure if HPD’s would consider it again. So that’s why I will keep her. I’m telling you the truth that the AVRB looks just like a diamond so it’s hard to even think of swapping it out for a diamond and it will look the same. I would love an asscher but I want it bigger than Libby. To get to a larger size I’m going upwards towards four carats. That’s cost prohibitive. I have a mind clean thing where it has to be a vs1. I don’t want to go lower than a G because I’m color sensitive. I love the elongated cushion I saw but I’m just so confused. I love OECs in a slightly warmer color..I really love Themotherthing’s M color OEC..I think because it’s base is more brown than yellow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for not shaming me off! Haha! I feel connected to Libby..but also I would take a huge hit if I traded her in. I’m not even sure if HPD’s would consider it again. So that’s why I will keep her. I’m telling you the truth that the AVRB looks just like a diamond so it’s hard to even think of swapping it out for a diamond and it will look the same. I would love an asscher but I want it bigger than Libby. To get to a larger size I’m going upwards towards four carats. That’s cost prohibitive. I have a mind clean thing where it has to be a vs1. I don’t want to go lower than a G because I’m color sensitive. I love the elongated cushion I saw but I’m just so confused. I love OECs in a slightly warmer color..I really love Themotherthing’s M color OEC..I think because it’s base is more brown than yellow.

Joanne take your time and don’t feel pressured to make any quick decisions. Lots to consider and try having some fun with it. And most of all take your time.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@junebug I love and appreciate ovals on other people but not on me..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for agreeing that the size difference isn’t enough to do it. What do you think of elongated cushions? @missy May I see a pic of yours? I would get a modern cushion but the shape is the same..
Yours is super big though..Mine would be much smaller..

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gotcha @Mamabean! Just take your time deciding...no rush, and don't put pressure on yourself, this is supposed to be fun! Give yourself some time, and see what you keep going back to. Love elongated cushions, very flattering shape on the hand.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for agreeing that the size difference isn’t enough to do it. What do you think of elongated cushions? @missy May I see a pic of yours? I would get a modern cushion but the shape is the same..
Yours is super big though..Mine would be much smaller..

Joanne, I love elongated cushions and think it might look beautiful on you. Is there any way you can get to a jewelry store and try some of these shapes on to see how it looks on your hand?

I am happy to do whatever I can to help you reach your desired dream stone and ring. Let me find some photos and I will BRB.

OK here you go.

avcinbeachhouse.png

avcmoissygoingtovet.png

My finger is a size 6-6.25 and I have big hands. The AVC moissy is 5? carats. I already forgot oy my memory is not good.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to add some further random thoughts re this decision. I do think a cushion is very different than a round while still possessing qualities that one loves in a round diamond. So I think if you love cushion shapes on you this would be a wonderful and different but not too different (if that makes sense) ring for you to enjoy.

Being an antique diamond lover like @Jimmianne makes me want all the chunky gorgeous cuts out there but there is a lot of beauty in modern cuts as well. Oh and I love a beautiful emerald cut. So elegant and sophisticated.

Not to confuse matters but here is a modern emerald cut ring (not diamond).

emeraldcutringatbeach.jpg.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s nice, but perhaps not my place to comment. I like chunkier facets, kinda like old cuts...and culets and stuff.

I agree. They look like broken glass but I do like it.. My present cushion has more chunky facets even though it’s modern.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s nice, but perhaps not my place to comment. I like chunkier facets, kinda like old cuts...and culets and stuff.

Please comment! I want to hear them all!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG icy white D for Delish! Again cannot comment to the quality of cut but that combo color and clarity is amazing. :love:

It’s definitely bigger than Libby. I realize I’m going for bigger! Hahahaha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s definitely bigger than Libby. I realize I’m going for bigger! Hahahaha

You know what I say right? Go big or go home if big is what you want. And we like our diamonds BIG. :appl:

gobigorgohome.gif

Not that there is anything wronger with more delicate and smaller but the heart wants what the heart wants. And with diamonds and preferences there really is no one right or wrong. They are all beautiful in their own way and we all have our preferences.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m just throwing stones into the discussion...is this a good one? Cut-wise?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just to add some further random thoughts re this decision. I do think a cushion is very different than a round while still possessing qualities that one loves in a round diamond. So I think if you love cushion shapes on you this would be a wonderful and different but not too different (if that makes sense) ring for you to enjoy.

Being an antique diamond lover like @Jimmianne makes me want all the chunky gorgeous cuts out there but there is a lot of beauty in modern cuts as well. Oh and I love a beautiful emerald cut. So elegant and sophisticated.

Not to confuse matters but here is a modern emerald cut ring (not diamond).

emeraldcutringatbeach.jpg.png

I love that ring @missy..I have a AV emerald cut that I love. I would have to spend triple the amount to get that size! I wish!!
You’re right about the cushion shape being different but similar. It would definitely get me bigger than Libby but
different enough..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is bigger in length from Libby. I would set it in a solitaire setting. Thoughts?

I think it is very pretty! Just thinking out loud here...it's somewhat square shaped? Measures 9x8 mm. I'm thinking if it was me I'd go a little more elongated? But I might be over-thinking, it will certainly look different from Libby and it is a beautiful shape and a great size. It all depends on what you want!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is very pretty! Just thinking out loud here...it's somewhat square shaped? Measures 9x8 mm. I'm thinking if it was me I'd go a little more elongated? But I might be over-thinking, it will certainly look different from Libby and it is a beautiful shape and a great size. It all depends on what you want!

@junebug..I was trying to do that but in the price range it’s limited. All the cushions I posted are smaller than the 8.8mm moissanite..I’m looking at asschers again...They are harder to see if they’re good or not. I know the steps in the middle shouldn’t turn off at the same time but I don’t know what I’m looking at. I think @Jimmianne should do a slow swirl around so we can see how her asscher performs. :appl:Hers is the top of the top!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went down in clarity..but it’s Whiteflash...so I can upgrade it later if one comes up VS1..I would stay at this size because it’s big enough for me. I want a solitaire...I want it bigger than Libby...it checks a lot of boxes because I can also upgrade if I want...
I‘m so color sensitive that I’m afraid to go below G...I may get the cheapest setting from Whiteflash so I can trade up and get a better setting later..if I want..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results