shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3.05ct is lovely, but is it substantially bigger than Libby? If Libby is 8mm+, this isn’t much bigger, would you be satisfied with it?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The 3.05ct is lovely, but is it substantially bigger than Libby? If Libby is 8mm+, this isn’t much bigger, would you be satisfied with it?

This is my problem. If I go with another shape they are smaller for their carat weight. The 2.82 mrb from Whiteflash is significantly larger than Libby. I went down in clarity but it is a super ideal so it’s eye clean. I can also trade it in for a vs1 should one come along later in that size. I wouldn’t have to change the setting. It would be a very simple solitaire.. I wish my husband had clued me in before I reset Libby the first time that I would be getting a gift of an upgrade. I may have taken the hit and traded her then. It upsets me that I just reset her. I have all these settings now..lol..I don’t know if I should reach out to Melissa at HPD again...I’m weakening on trading Libby in. Help me please..:boohoo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my problem. If I go with another shape they are smaller for their carat weight. The 2.82 mrb from Whiteflash is significantly larger than Libby. I went down in clarity but it is a super ideal so it’s eye clean. I can also trade it in for a vs1 should one come along later in that size. I wouldn’t have to change the setting. It would be a very simple solitaire.. I wish my husband had clued me in before I reset Libby the first time that I would be getting a gift of an upgrade. I may have taken the hit and traded her then. It upsets me that I just reset her. I have all these settings now..lol..I don’t know if I should reach out to Melissa at HPD again...I’m weakening on trading Libby in. Help me please..:boohoo:

OK so please excuse me for being a little daft. Is it an option to trade Libby in and get the dream size you are longing for with your birthday money?

My vote is to get what you really want now if you can swing it. When you settle you are never (usually) satisfied.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK so please excuse me for being a little daft. Is it an option to trade Libby in and get the dream size you are longing for with your birthday money?

:lol: I am laughing so hard right now @missy! Yes..I could trade her in..get less than I want..use the money I have and get probably. 2.75-3 ctw which I can upgrade later. I’m not sure it’s still an option..I was offered a trade in once before.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I am laughing so hard right now @missy! Yes..I could trade her in..get less than I want..use the money I have and get probably. 2.75 which I can upgrade later. I’m not sure it’s still an option..

LOL I am so sorry. I am dealing with a number of things at the moment but nothing as much fun as your bling and I don't want to give you any bad advice. So if you upgrade now to a 2.75 you still want a larger size later? And then upgrading her now will enable you to upgrade her to your dream size sooner? is that right?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy Yes...I may be able to get there at this point..It may be a little off..I want less than 3 ctw...I’m crazy..I would like around 2.75 I don’t know if the clarity and color will be what I want. That would be what the trade in would be for.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Yes...I may be able to get there at this point..It may be a little off..I want less than 3 ctw...I’m crazy..I would like around 2.75

Not crazy at all. I say go for it if this is what would bring you great joy. When I upgraded my first OEC (and it took me years to decide yes it was the right OEC LOL so I hear you on it being a hard decision) to Bubbalah I was so happy. She was and is my dream diamond and if this will get you to your dream diamond I wholeheartedly support that decision. And once you know what you want you should get it. If you can. It was meant to be your dh gave you the money you needed to get the dream stone you want!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a pain in the keesta to go through all the trouble to see if they’ll take it..find another one..set it..omg..haha :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you're attached to Libby @Mamabean but if you want a larger MRB with your preferred specs trading her in might be the way to go. I guess your first step would be to see if a trade-in is still available. The good thing about MRBs is that finding a good one is pretty straightforward. I agree on asschers and cushions...they just face up smaller as opposed to MRBs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pain in the keesta to go through all the trouble to see if they’ll take it..find another one..set it..omg..haha :lol:

Yes, but ultimately you will have your dream diamond in your dream ring and it will have been worth all the effort!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Mamabean - let's talk!

Can you pls contact me via email? I don't have the Insta app loaded. My email address is on my LT listing for my 2 ACA stones under loose diamonds.

Drop me a line!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @mrs-b! I’m going out to dinner but will email you later! :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I’m may have a solution! I could set Libby into a three stone eventually. I can start a new diamond at Whiteflash upgrading as I can. I can still keep Libby until then..When I’m ready I’ll get two diamonds and reset her making a three stone..

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy BIRTHDAY! you are a wonderful human!

xoxoxox

Believe me I know...Talk it out all you want because I will be doing that with my Birthday/Christmas money! My birthday is today! :wink2:
I absolutely LOVE your asscher. Do you wear it with a band? I want to get one but I have no idea how to pick one out and it seems impossible..Yours seems to shine from within...and has all the specs I want.
It looks like the rubies are bezel set. If that’s the case it would be really hard to change those out. Once you tamper with it then it will lose value if you plan to sell it again. I know you had fun trying to sell your Berricle rings last time...hahaha...From someone who can’t say no to pretty and deals on EBay...if you don’t love it and think you won’t wear it...either send it back or try again at selling it on Loupe Troupe for a profit if it’s a great deal. I would wait the full time you are allowed in the return period if you’re on the fence. I have way too many rings that I impulse bought and don’t wear..
I forgot to say I love aquamarines...I never saw a milky aquamarine so I had to look it up...They’re gorgeous!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WRONG! you are brilliant as a poet, one of the first things that made you stand out to me here on PS back in 2013 was some of the lovely poems you wrote..you have a talent for people.. not many do Missy!

xoxoxox

Dear Jimmianne, I am the least talented person I know. In fact, I am embarrassingly untalented. I am not sure how I am going to take good care of Greg when I can't cook or do laundry here but I will do my very best and appreciate your vote of confidence. And your always kind and generous comments. (((HUGS))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’m may have a solution! I could set Libby into a three stone eventually. I can start a new diamond at Whiteflash upgrading as I can. I can still keep Libby until then..When I’m ready I’ll get two diamonds and reset her making a three stone..

That's a great idea @Mamabean!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! here I am at 6:31 pm in Texas and I have read some... life is getting slowly back to normal. We dropped Chris off at the airport at 3:30 for a 5:00 pm flight.. miss him, he's a good good human.

@missy yes we got a jacket for Chris he seems to really like it, a company called Patagonia? made it. We are Christmas free, tree came down today.. frankly I had enuf of Christmas ready for the new year.. So we got a bill from our architect for 4K but no plans, no contact, I dunno, I said to John don't pay it till we have at least a computer model of what we are looking at. Shaking my head. So did all go well with Greg's precheck? both time I had my hip's done I went thru the testing.. ugh.. anti semitism - I have never understood it, I understand more about being a minority religion in hugely christian country from my bestie from elementary school Sharon, she was and still is a Jew, we were inseparable for several years.. I hate to say thing but as a young woman I thought it had to do with the 'jews killed Christ' thing, I thought that was it, but also Jewish people are high achievers often and there is he jealousy thing.. it's pathetic that our country is having these despicable actions being done to our Jewish families. Another shake my head and be sad. :(

@junebug17 go go go! meet Missy buy jewelry! I am NOT an enabler ;-) ... xoxoxoxo

@Mamabean I have to read back to see which rings you want to upgrade, I love your stuff, you have great taste. xoxoxo

@marcy good that your husband wants you to slow down a bit, but I do believe that muscle and strength training wards off joint replacements. xoxoxo

going to end it here because my screen keeps jumping around which means someone has posted while I'm writing my tome.

sending love to all.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina we were driving back from Bergstrom and I saw a building on 183 that had axe throwing! I thought of you immediately! I have a bad shoulder but it looked like tons of fun! hope you are feeling good!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi @Mamabean - let's talk!

Can you pls contact me via email? I don't have the Insta app loaded. My email address is on my LT listing for my 2 ACA stones under loose diamonds.

Drop me a line!

@mrs-b I was taken out for my birthday dinner. Sorry I couldn’t get back to you in email today. I’ll email you tomorrow.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Happy BD @Mamabean !

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Wow this thread is hopping today.

@AV_ we live in opposite surroundings. You need a car to get everywhere here. They have a few local vans you can schedule for transportation but you have to book them way ahead of time. Most things around here are too far apart to walk much. Thank you - I am heartbroken for my friends. As you said though the longer we live the more we miss those who are gone.

@Mamabean I hope you are having a great birthday. You are never annoying and always welcome to talk about bling. It sounds like you have a solution on what you want to do. Ii am anxious to see what you decide. Your house in NJ does sound very cozy and warm. Nice. I am totally with you about not wanting someone looking in our house. That would bother me too. I shut my drapes / shutters as soon as it’s dark. I feel so bad for the lady at work; it was very unexpected. My friend’s dad was expected but that doesn’t make it any easier. I am dedicated to lifting; if it can keep me out of the doctor’s office I’ll be happy. I am probably older than you. My new lunch kit is heavier than my old one so once it’s packed I noticed how heavy it was; I would probably have quit using it before I started lifting. It sure kept my water and lunch COLD.

@junebug17 I do wonder what my employee will do. I didn’t realize her son had moved to town recently; that will hopefully be a big help for her. She has a lot to handle and deal with over the next few months. I am anxious to see my new heart diamond mounted. I didn’t even take a picture or carefully check things on it. Nice that your HD got in a round of golf. Marty was testing drivers at the sporting goods store on Saturday. I vote for bling shopping.

@Jiimmianne I like YG and diamonds together. I love those new bands. They are all so pretty. When you see the perfect setting for your asscher you’ll know it. If you sell that band for 3X what you paid for it; you can put the money towards your asscher setting. I hope you like the aqua ring. As for the rubies; if you are like me if you don’t like them now you probably never will but of course that’s how I am. I think many of us are in the impulse buying club. Sorry I missed you are having surgery - is it on your eyes? I hope it’s quick and painless and takes care of everything for you.

@missy slick phone cases are not for us, huh? Have you taken any pictures yet? Oh no to breaking mugs; I seem to break the mugs Marty really likes. Right now our cupboard is pretty full though. Oh no that Ollie broke the dish covering one of the kitty’s food dishes. I wonder why he is hungry all the time? I think you deserve 2 dishes of ice cream while you are out riding. More variety that way. How nice to catch up with your friend M. How sad about the anti-semitism going on in NYC (and anywhere for that matter.). How is your toe doing? How is Greg feeling? Oh no that your favorite and nearby store closed. Phooey. I can’t even imagine how much rent is there.

@Austina funny to hear you are migrating your jewelry to platinum. I only have 2 platinum rings and I love the weight of it. I would gladly move my WG pieces ini to platinum. Jared’s had a 2 carat heart diamond that was gorgeous; it was only $9000 which I thought was reasonable for that size diamond. Yes, I thought that too about losing a loved near the holidays; there is never a good time but it then adds to the strain of the holidays. I hope 2020 will be a good year at work. Thanks. Sorry about your dream of Dottie by the bed; those dreams definitely strike an emotional response. Nice that you joined a gym today. This time of year that is certainly more appealing than walking in the cold.

@Tekate that’s nuts getting a bill for 4K and you’ve got nothing to show for it yet. I think the lighter weights did help my arms. I am not quite as sore today. I am shooting for deadlifting 100 pounds by the summer. Enjoy that warmer weather for me.

We are having brutal wind here still. It’s what Marty’s grandfather called a lazy wind; it goes right through you instead of around you.

Off to check on Betelgeuse then get ready for bed.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
What a day! It was a Holiday [Epiphany] taken very seriously - all shuts down for the day here even more than back in the country [the subject is quite different & I did not realize until today out of chatting over the name of a cake: Torta de San Juan / Roscon de Reyes; I will likely keep comparing them for a week, at least.]

The draft I am working on looks good to send around & it is difficult to tell what this feels like - very, very, very good fun ,)

@Austina

-

@missy I have heard some NYC news & thought of your going home to that ,( How can this be... Admitedly, I have met only two racists in my life - one admirer of 1930s anthropology of a certain color, the other a hater of Jews, both, astonishing creatures; the first time I thew up [after a round of mussels in Brussels - sweet & fatty, but indigest!], the second caught me on an empty stomach, I got bemused, as if having stepped in dung; yet, both idiots fealt properly exalted by ostracism ['martir' material?] That job, I did not keep.

Admitedly, I cannot cook either - I tend to like simple stuff [which means often unattainably nice ingredients, admitedly; else, long hours of cooking will make something of nothing!], it is great fun though: baking & stewing go well with writing - I'll let you guess where my home office is [i.e. I am not nearly bored eating ,) & it better be my own cooking.]

-

@Mamabean Happy Birthday! & many happy returns of diamonds ... If Libby ever becomes a side-stone, I'll want to see the middle!

[Digressing, three carats get the size right in not rounds - the kind of step cut I keep being told I shouldn't like - www & the other www ; there are a couple of straight squares at eight mm & squares do span a little more than a round of the same diameter]

-
I am rambling what comes to mind, but have lost track of NIRDI ,(

Starting the day at this silly hour!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, thank you! I am coming around to being a yellow gold person. I hope you are doing well and that your New Year is good so far! Do you have any trips or events planned for this year (aside from traveling down the coast, of course)?

Tekate, did Chris get his jacket? I know you will miss him, but you will see him soon? I hope.

Mamabean, I will post another photo of the bands. I think I will send back the wide band, as I don’t think I will wear all three all that much, but it was such a great deal, and has an additional signature aside from the Sepkus mark, so I am a little on the fence about it. Not sure what to do.
B2A9BB1D-F41E-479D-8771-2E76EB35CDC6.jpeg

Sumptuous!!!! Ohlalalalalaaaaa

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Betelgeuse ! Now I see that it comes up in the news [note to self] I am laughing a bit at your mentions of 100 lbs [I can't lift THAT straight up - there has to be a jolt] & wind that will likely blow all of the pounds of me off two feet [I hate high wind... It is rare here, but there are those days ,( I am almost affraid of them]

Good night!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, wow, love those asscher settings! Especially the flora. They have some great bling at M2, and You have bling radar. Oh la la back at ya.

Marcy omg the lazy wind. One of my most favorite memories of the wild West...not being able to get up the steps to my apartment...such EXOTIC weather out there. Of course it would make sense that you and Marty would count holding onto heavy weights as a part of life. Funny you shouod call the thread ‘hopping’. Don’t hear too much about tooth infested hoppy attacks over your way these days.

AV, I find it charming that the holidays are taken seriously there, even though I know it is a little bit inconvenient.
What do you think...should we start weightlifting with Marcy?

Tekate, hi. Patagonia rocks. And they donate to great causes as well. My SIL left for France on Sunday, and my DD leaves in 10 days. Can we start an empty nest club?
Truth...I reasearched if I was too old to adopt a kid. Maybe we can adopt each other. LOL

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I have cataract surgery on the 16th. A whole day without PS. Will I make it??

My milky aquamarine ring is being shipped today, but remember the ring I bought last year? Here it is with my new stack. I really enjoy how well the Victorian style goes with the Sepkus style. If I get brave, I may have DK build an asscher setting similar to this Victorian signet ring.
Feeling more confident that I have found my go-to niche. Perhaps I have found my bling voice.
Do you all think there is such a thing?
Does much of your jewelry have a common style?

219DF2B3-F00E-4B79-AF93-405A9FDE3E10.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results