shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! That’s horrific about Shipley’s dog. :(.
You are so right. It has been, and continues to be. the most terrible year for the furries and I’m so sorry about the Shipley’s dog. There are no words to describe how awful that is. I cannot even imagine how she must be feeling.

I just spoke to the rescue person Elaine and she is still dealing with RW and she got it herself for the first time ever. She had been previously resistant to it. She said this is one doozy of a strain. I’m quite worried that this ordeal might not be over soon. Praying it is but very nervous. It feels neverending at the moment.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joanne, you can wear Bubbalah any time. And now that I have Jonathan’s ring (a nice substitute ER) I can let you have Bubbalah for a week no problem. It would make me happy knowing you are enjoying her!

Haha! That is so sweet @missy...I know you mean it too! xxxooo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! That’s horrific about Shipley’s dog. :(.
You are so right. It has been, and continues to be. the most terrible year for the furries and I’m so sorry about the Shipley’s dog. There are no words to describe how awful that is. I cannot even imagine how she must be feeling.

I just spoke to the rescue person Elaine and she is still dealing with RW and she got it herself for the first time ever. She had been previously resistant to it. She said this is one doozy of a strain. I’m quite worried that this ordeal might not be over soon. Praying it is but very nervous. It feels neverending at the moment.

@missy You and Greg have been on top of it so hopefully your ordeal will be over soon. I would not let back in your house to help..even though she offers...I know she hasn’t been back for a while which is good.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy You and Greg have been on top of it so hopefully your ordeal will be over soon. I would not let back in your house to help..even though she offers...I know she hasn’t been back for a while which is good.

Thanks Joanne. Elaine hasn’t been here for a very long time. She only came two or three times at the beginning.
@Austina sorry about all the typos. I’m replying as I’m working out on the elliptical oops. Should really proofread before I hit send.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies.

Same here Sharon. Looking ahead at the forecast for the next number of days there are no good cycling days ahead. It was a good season though so no complaints. And yes haha that snow pants picture was too good not to share with you. I knew you would appreciate that. Hope you are having a wonderful and cozy weekend. XOXO.

Oh dear @bling_dream19 I am sorry the first dream venue didn't work out and I am keeping good thoughts that this one does. It sounds perfect. Thank you for all the good wishes and warm hugs and sending those to you as well. Try not to stress too much. You are marrying the love of your life and it is all good. Enjoy a wonderful weekend with your FI and big hugs. Please let us know how it goes with the new wedding venue. I have a good feeling about it. And how special your parents can be there and celebrate with you and your dad walk you down the aisle. I actually had both parents walk me down the aisle (I think lol will have to double check with Greg) and it was very special. Hugs.

Missy you were right about your good feeling! We found the perfect venue! Its waterfront, romantic, open, secluded and the innkeeper is a dream! We both feel very relaxed and comfortable there. So, the wheels are in motion and my stress has gone down! Had second fitting yesterday too and the corset back they put in is gorgeous and I got my veil and tiara! And I planted a seed for vintage platinum 2 carat belle epoque diamond bracelet to my mom. Maybe she will buy it and we can share it lol! She thinks I'm jewelry crazy and I am. I will post some pics of the venue. That's wonderful you had your parents walk you down the aisle. My parents are a lot of fun and very easy going and it will be very special for them to be there. My best friend will also be there. Hoping my sister and nieces will be there too. You and Greg are soulmates for sure.

Dear @AV_ of course, you are a NIRDI and I am always thinking good thoughts for you and miss you when you don't post but happy you are here even if just to read. I am glad you are not behind your schedule for work and that is good. You can take care of the other things when you have more time. I hope you are settling in for winter and are cozy comfy. Yes there is magic indeed in NIRDI. I agree. Sending you warm hugs and lots of love.

AV agreed there is magic is nirdi and knowing we have friends, though online but I know if we met irl if would be same. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Hi Joanne! Thank you for all your good wishes. My endocrinologist actually is now happy to give me more T3 and he agrees I should try it. BUT the insurance company won't cover it now. It's always a battle and so far I have heard nothing from them so am waiting before I start my higher dose. Everything seems an uphill battle. Finally got the endocrinologist to see my POV and now this.

We are all crossing our fingers and toes too about the RW. Very scary as I spoke to my sister yesterday and she said she has seen more RW these past few months than her entire career before this and yes the second culture is necessary because it does sometimes become positive and I guess that is the tricky nature of fungal spores. Sigh and Oy I am apprehensive but hoping and praying for the best.

Hoping RW is getting better Missy. I think about you everyday. and yes to fighting your insurance and doctor to get what you need. Happy to hear your dad is doing ok. Hugs to you strong girl.

Dad is doing OK knock wood. Thanks for asking.
So sorry about your mom's implanted bridge falling out. Ugh.

How is David? How is Chris? How is everyone by you? How are you doing? I am so glad you had a successful brunch last weekend. This weekend is cold and windy so no cycling for us sadly. Hope you have a warm cozy happy weekend on tap. XOXO.

@Mamabean thanks for sharing your wedding and marriage story. I'm sooo glad it worked out for you marrying young. You are awesome and I can see how why your husband loves you so much. I've only had 2 loves. I married at 23 and it didn't work. I learned a lot.

But of course. We cycled so we enjoyed ice cream. I will share photos below. Costco is amazing. It's a shopping warehouse that sells many things in bulk at good prices for families and people like us who stock up on paper goods etc. It is my favorite store hands down. They even have bling though I have never bought their bling.

Daisy, Costco is my favorite store too! I get the shakes if I dont where the closest costco is lol. I have lots of their bling! Your scones look divine! Hugs to you. I love that you love Springsteen!

Oooh your frittatas look amazingly delicious. Next time please take pics of the lemon scones. Yummy. Enjoy.
Glad Melanie is looking well and sorry about Aaron and hope he gets the help he needs and starts feeling better soon. Boo to negligent health care. So frustrating.

Aww thank you.

Have a wonderful weekend dear Daisy. XOXO.

Dear @Scandinavian, I am glad F is feeling better and yes it's just awful when our furbabies are sick. How is your mom doing? I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers every single day and hoping you get good news soon. Sending you lots of love and hugs across the many miles dear Scandi. XOXO.

@Austina how wonderful that Kim got the job! Woohoo! Wishing her and Adam much success and all the best. Hope you are having a good weekend. Hugs.

Happy weekend dear @Jimmianne! Hope all is progressing smoothly and that the newlyweds are blissfully happy. And that you are doing and feeling well. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you are recuperating from the crazy busy week and feeling well. Hugs to you and healing hugs to Chase. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate hope your move went well and you are settling in and that everyone is good and healthy and life is sweet. Sending you hugs and love and many good wishes and thoughts. Hope you are feeling well and that your jaw is healing and getting better each day. XOXO.

We enjoyed a good ride yesterday. So much fun. It's like flying and the sun was out and it was just a perfect November day cycling down the jersey shore.

Today and tomorrow are too cold and windy for riding. I am sad but it is late November. So not sure what we are doing today but probably going to shampoo the kitties. The fun never ends here lol.

Ice-cream from our ride yesterday. MMMmmmmm good.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 7.11.02 AM.png

Might be the last ice cream shot til next year depending on weather and vet and medical schedule.

@marcy we aren't going to hit your projected goal for us and believe me I am sorry about that. I hope you didn't have money on it haha. Hope you had a good Astronomy meeting re telescopes last night. Hugs.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 7.12.33 AM.png

and finally the tranquility that is November at the Jersey Shore. Just lovely.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 7.13.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 7.13.20 AM.png

Have a lovely day girls! (((Hugs))).

Have a great Sunday Funday! Off to eat some breakfast and Costco iced coffee! Hugs to all.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina Omg..That’s so sad about Shirley’s dog. It makes me want to cry....

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Have a great Sunday Funday! Off to eat some breakfast and Costco iced coffee! Hugs to all.
Oh gosh I responded but it looks like its within missy's words. I separated mine with new paragraph. Ahhh. I never really know the best way to read and respond. Sorry folks.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Our wedding favors came in on FriYAY and I love them! I ordered 60 and that's overkill but I want to be able to pass them to family friends neighbors and colleagues.

Attachments

• 20191116_200248.jpg
    20191116_200248.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20191116_200506.jpg
    20191116_200506.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 35

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I used to think of 'scones' as half lard half cheese half flour things, like winter pastries. Yours are so light.

@Scandinavian That is a Dog's Life .)

@missy I have also stayed in despite all - it is too windy for a hill walk, too cold for the city sport of tapas. I spent Sunday thinking what life in a house further from city limits would be, I have not tried by myself, but work makes it possible, rather unexpectedly.

-

NIRDI, have the greatest week!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Austina what dreadful news about Shirley's dog. Poor thing.

@missy we had a great ride. 13C but gusty winds. Sun is out and that was pleasant. Hope it continues this week for more opportunities to ride as the weather holds. It's been better weather in Nov than in Oct! Who knew?

Had a email from my oldest and dearest friend--we were besties for decades...anyway I was happy to hear her cat (20.5 years old) is still around! Still makes it to the litter box she says....:cheeky::bigsmile:

I wonder if there are resistant strains of RW MIssy. Superbugs in humans are prevalent and sadly news one emerging. I wonder if Vet schools are researching this type of thing......

Enjoy your Sunday NIRDI's! I've been helping a friend shop for a diamond and I've forgotten how much fun (and work) it is!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday lovely ladies.

Our wedding favors came in on FriYAY and I love them! I ordered 60 and that's overkill but I want to be able to pass them to family friends neighbors and colleagues.

Missy you were right about your good feeling! We found the perfect venue! Its waterfront, romantic, open, secluded and the innkeeper is a dream! We both feel very relaxed and comfortable there. So, the wheels are in motion and my stress has gone down! Had second fitting yesterday too and the corset back they put in is gorgeous and I got my veil and tiara! And I planted a seed for vintage platinum 2 carat belle epoque diamond bracelet to my mom. Maybe she will buy it and we can share it lol! She thinks I'm jewelry crazy and I am. I will post some pics of the venue. That's wonderful you had your parents walk you down the aisle. My parents are a lot of fun and very easy going and it will be very special for them to be there. My best friend will also be there. Hoping my sister and nieces will be there too. You and Greg are soulmates for sure.

Gorgeous. How sweet you want to give them to your family and friends and colleagues. Love that.
And double yay on finding your dream venue. Thrilled for you. I hope all your family is at your wedding and I know it will be an amazing special thrilling day for all involved.
So happy for you @bling_dream19. You are such a lovely person and so pleased wonderful things are happening. XOXO. Thank you for your kind words about Greg and me.
I hope your mom does get that antique bracelet. How beautiful would that be. And haha yes of course you would share it. ;-)

@missy we had a great ride. 13C but gusty winds. Sun is out and that was pleasant. Hope it continues this week for more opportunities to ride as the weather holds. It's been better weather in Nov than in Oct! Who knew?

Had a email from my oldest and dearest friend--we were besties for decades...anyway I was happy to hear her cat (20.5 years old) is still around! Still makes it to the litter box she says....:cheeky::bigsmile:

I wonder if there are resistant strains of RW MIssy. Superbugs in humans are prevalent and sadly news one emerging. I wonder if Vet schools are researching this type of thing......

Enjoy your Sunday NIRDI's! I've been helping a friend shop for a diamond and I've forgotten how much fun (and work) it is!

Woohoo Sharon. So glad you got to cycle. Glad November weather is proving better than October weather for you. I sure hope that there are no super bug RW strains we are dealing with here. Fingers and toes crossed. Just praying we are over the worse of it and that the cats are all on the med. Second round of cultures this week and hopefully after this next culture we won't be hearing from the vet before 3-4 weeks for hopefully a negative result. Glad you got a lovely email from your best friend and that her kitty is still alive and well after 20.5 years. Pretty amazing I have to say. And the fact that she still makes it to the litter box is beyond amazing. Hoping you continue to cycle and the weather holds. (((Hugs))).

@missy I have also stayed in despite all - it is too windy for a hill walk, too cold for the city sport of tapas. I spent Sunday thinking what life in a house further from city limits would be, I have not tried by myself, but work makes it possible, rather unexpectedly.

@AV_ hope the rest of your Sunday went well and your week is off to a good start. We did get to go out both Saturday and Sunday but only to run errands and take a short walk. No cycling involved as it was too cold and windy. But somehow the weekend went way too fast still. Not sure how time is almost literally flying by but it is scary fast. All cats shampooed this weekend so we did accomplish what we needed to and we went food shopping too. Not to mention other kinds of shopping. I got new winter (well late autumn) cycling pants and a new pocketbook as all my black pocketbooks are back in Brooklyn and I needed a black one here. Continuing to do our bit for the economy. Plans for the week? XOXO

@Daisys and Diamonds not to go on about the scones but when I was in my twenties I used to eat a scone a day for breakfast. LOL how I didn't become heavy I do not know but my metabolism was fast in those days I guess. Anyway of course I cannot eat scones now due to my dietary restrictions but oh I do love a good scone. Flaky and buttery and yummy. Sigh. XOXO

@Scandinavian continued healing dust for your mom. How is she doing? How is F doing today? How is your grandmother's eye? Hugs.

@Slick1 hope your week is off to a good start and sending Chase continued healing vibes and big hugs. And hugs to you too.

@Mamabean how was the rest of your Sunday and any interesting or exciting plans for the week? Hugs.

@Austina hope you are enjoying a nice Monday. It is a rainy cold Monday here. Hoping the weather improves but not sure we will be able to cycle this week due to Greg's work commitments and our vet visits that are scheduled this week too.

@marcy how was your weekend? Did you get to lift? Any holiday baking happening by you?

Yesterday we shampooed the other 3 cats and ran errands and went gift shopping so we got gifts for everyone on our list woohoo. I love shopping for others and it makes me happy thinking of them opening the gifts and being excited and pleased with the gifts. I always buy what I think the recipient would like and not what I would want to get. I find that the best way as the gift is for them and not me.

I had to cancel my Gyn annual today and not sure when I will be able to reschedule. Which pushes back my mammo and US too due to the fact I need an RX from the GYN to get those. It is all cascading in on me but I have to prioritize of course and this will have to wait. I also have to schedule a dental visit again as my gums are still bleeding so not what the hygienist thought sadly as if it was just plaque buildup I wouldn't still be bleeding. No time to do all this however. Today we bring Fred in for his second culture and Wed we bring the other 3 in for their second cultures.

Leaving you with a photo of Fred last night all warm and cozy. Poor baby can barely move due to his severe arthritis but he looks content and still purrs and eats thank goodness.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 7.07.37 AM.png

Hope everyone enjoys a lovely Monday. Hugs.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Finally, the weather broke - Sunday night the wind was enough to rip some tiles off roofs nearby (none from mine!) & the cloud cover has went with it! Plans for this week - are so darn complicated, I cannot recount (terror!), except for impending spring cooking involving salted cod (local winter food - some seriously great, reminding Japanese cured & dry fish) & new spring herbs that are everywhere & I cannot wait to bring into this garden once it is properly cleared (the idea is to get a meadow like ground cover going, salted with further edible caveats - it takes a couple of seasons, but this is what I've grown up (best way to know things, IMHO; as opposed to my other work...); perhaps not very common).

I am rambling, of course... need to finish coffee & start for home.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:dance: Great news on finding your perfect venue @bling_dream19 and those wedding favours will be a lovely keepsake for your guests.

It’s warmer there than it is here @canuk-gal, I think it’s been 7deg C here today, and you can certainly tell. I had a friend who had several cats that were in their 20’s, I don‘t know what her secret was, but I think most of them were strays, so could’ve been even older.

All your hard work in the garden will pay dividends @AV_ when you harvest your crop next year.

Sorry your weather is so awful @missy and you can’t ride this week. I know Greg is going to be very busy with work, and I imagine with his upcoming op., he’s keen to get everything squared away at work beforehand. Ugh to have to postpone your medical appts. Hopefully the next set of cultures will come back clear, then you can put this all behind you and get back to some kind of normality.

Shirley emailed me and she has no idea the dog got in to her meds., so I just suggested that perhaps it had an aneurysm. She says she wants to get another puppy, which honestly, would be the worst thing. She spoilt the dog absolutely rotten, it was extremely jealous and possessive, and had been getting very aggressive with Shirley. She was using the dog as an excuse to stay in her room all day and to not go out much, which really wasn’t doing her any good at all. I feel badly about the dog dying, but getting another so soon would be a big mistake.

We went out this morning for a walk, and boy was it cold. This afternoon we went to the cinema and got a few gifts to take with us, something for Shirley, and a gift for J & B’s baby.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a good weekend. :wavey:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i feel sad your cats and dogs don't seem to live as long as ones here
i have read its to do with the climate ?
Tinky was 15 and i feel a little cheated as most cats 17 is average
but as the vet said, cats who start out as little SPCA stray kittens - you have no idea what its been like for them and sometimes they just arn't as hardy as you think
the vet said IMHO its commercial produced cat food that's giving then longer life expectancy
we had a cat at my work when i lived down home - Leo was 17 years old and had eatten jellymeat her whole life - long before all these fancy brands -

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
anyway hello lovelly sparkly ladies
hope monday is being kind to you
and your loved ones
major development on the happiness scale here - i finally hooked the blue ray player to to the big telly so now i can watch Netflex to its full potential
there was a fair bit of yelling and screaming involved because im a techknowphobe and Gary has zero patients, it was painful getting logged onto the internet but its good having Bruce in this house finally !

anyway if i may shear a happy little picture from yesterday's news here.
that's our future Queen in Auckland making friends with one of the locals
21145542-7695883-image-a-34_1574066056887.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon lovely ladies!

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying yourself and if you are still in SC having nice weather. it's lovely here right now and supposed to be nice through Thursday I think. Hugs.

@Austina you are a sweetheart and I am so lucky to have you ladies as my friends. So lucky. Thank you for being here for me and for caring about me and I know you know I feel the same about you. I am always here for you. How are you doing today? I have had Dottie on my mind so much lately and I almost feel like yes Francesca and Dottie and Zoe are together. I know I sound crazy but there it is. That is how I am and what I am feeling. How is Colin feeling?I hope you enjoyed the movie yesterday and that the walk yesterday was nice despite the chilly temps. Sending you warm hugs.

@canuk-gal hope you are having a lovely week with weather that is cooperating. Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

@Daisys and Diamonds how is your day going? Yay for getting Netflix going woohoo. Glad you are having a happy time of things. That makes me glad to hear and happy for you. I am sad our furry family members don't live very long at all. Fred is our oldest at 17. Billy died just before he turned 16 and the rest much before then. Heartbreaking truly. I was told average life span of cats went down from 16/17 to 13/14. Maybe USA cats don't live as long as others. I wouldn't be surprised but that is a story for another day.

@AV_ hope your week is going better than anticipated and that you are well. May your weather behave.

@Slick1 how is your week going? Hugs.

@Scandinavian thinking of your mom and you. Hugs.

@marcy how are you doing? Hope all is going well. Miss hearing from you here. XO.

@bling_dream19 how is wedding planning going? You are almost there! Any updates?

We actually did get to go riding today despite all of greg's heavy work schedule but it was an abbreviated ride. Fun nonetheless and we had to leave earlier so he could make it back for an early afternoon call. We managed to get ice cream haha but at another place as Jimmy's was closed and I didn't bother texting him since we would have had to go before 11AM and he doesn't open before noon. I didn't want to intrude and ask him to not only open on his day off but to open 90 minutes earlier than usual. It was just too much to ask IMO. But the place we went to (his competition I am sorry to say as I felt a bit guilty) was pretty good and they have a much nicer place to sit inside so that was nice too. We both got large lol and I had 3 different vegan flavors in mine. Not bad but I prefer Jimmy's vegan ice cream. It's richer. But that is because this was sorbet.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 3.22.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 3.22.58 PM.png

Tomorrow late afternoon the other 3 cats are getting round 2 of their cultures so hoping and praying it goes well and they remain negative RW wise. Work has been crazy so not looking good about getting a ride in tomorrow but a girl can dream. Have a lovely evening all and hugs.

For @bling_dream19 and @Daisys and Diamonds and anyone else interested in the Jersey Shore today. It's absolutely gorgeous out today. Wish you all were here with us. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 3.25.16 PM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean hope you are having a good day too! Sorry I don't know what happened to the above post as you were in it when I posted. LOL or at least I thought you were! Hugs.

@Tekate how is everything going? I know super hectic so no need to reply. Just wanted you to know you are on my mind girlie. Hugs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Snowapalozza! Where the heck did this come from!! Snowfall warning in effect up to 20 cms. A it was 16 degrees a few days ago.... I'm not tooo happy right now..... LOL

@missy what a gorgeous picture! Happy for your cycling!

Shout out to NIRDI's!

cheers--Sharon

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad everything is OK @missy, and you managed to get in a ride and ice cream :lickout:
I’ll have everything crossed for the kitties tomorrow, if there’s any justice in the world, this will finally be over. Colin is feeling fine, all the swelling and bruising is gone, thank you for asking. I too like to think that all our puppies and kitties are young and pain free now, and playing happily together. The Birman has been coming quite regularly, but knows not to come to the door looking for Dottie.

We did enjoy the film yesterday, it was called Official Secrets, about a whistle blower at GCGQ and the events leading up to the Iraq war.

It’s really cold here, there was a heavy frost on the ground this morning when I went to pilates.

Nothing much going on here, the alarm was serviced this afternoon so that’s all sorted.

Glad you got your TV sorted out so you can get Netflix now @Daisys and Diamonds, I’m looking forward to season 3 of The Crown while we’re at Adam’s. I think in Dottie’s case, bad breeding was to blame for her not living longer because there are owners of Spins who are as old as 15.

Yikes to all that snow @canuk-gal, stay safe and warm.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are OK, big hugs to you :wavey:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Monday lovely ladies.

Gorgeous. How sweet you want to give them to your family and friends and colleagues. Love that.
And double yay on finding your dream venue. Thrilled for you. I hope all your family is at your wedding and I know it will be an amazing special thrilling day for all involved.
So happy for you @bling_dream19. You are such a lovely person and so pleased wonderful things are happening. XOXO. Thank you for your kind words about Greg and me.
I hope your mom does get that antique bracelet. How beautiful would that be. And haha yes of course you would share it. ;-)

Woohoo Sharon. So glad you got to cycle. Glad November weather is proving better than October weather for you. I sure hope that there are no super bug RW strains we are dealing with here. Fingers and toes crossed. Just praying we are over the worse of it and that the cats are all on the med. Second round of cultures this week and hopefully after this next culture we won't be hearing from the vet before 3-4 weeks for hopefully a negative result. Glad you got a lovely email from your best friend and that her kitty is still alive and well after 20.5 years. Pretty amazing I have to say. And the fact that she still makes it to the litter box is beyond amazing. Hoping you continue to cycle and the weather holds. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ hope the rest of your Sunday went well and your week is off to a good start. We did get to go out both Saturday and Sunday but only to run errands and take a short walk. No cycling involved as it was too cold and windy. But somehow the weekend went way too fast still. Not sure how time is almost literally flying by but it is scary fast. All cats shampooed this weekend so we did accomplish what we needed to and we went food shopping too. Not to mention other kinds of shopping. I got new winter (well late autumn) cycling pants and a new pocketbook as all my black pocketbooks are back in Brooklyn and I needed a black one here. Continuing to do our bit for the economy. Plans for the week? XOXO

@Daisys and Diamonds not to go on about the scones but when I was in my twenties I used to eat a scone a day for breakfast. LOL how I didn't become heavy I do not know but my metabolism was fast in those days I guess. Anyway of course I cannot eat scones now due to my dietary restrictions but oh I do love a good scone. Flaky and buttery and yummy. Sigh. XOXO

@Scandinavian continued healing dust for your mom. How is she doing? How is F doing today? How is your grandmother's eye? Hugs.

@Slick1 hope your week is off to a good start and sending Chase continued healing vibes and big hugs. And hugs to you too.

@Mamabean how was the rest of your Sunday and any interesting or exciting plans for the week? Hugs.

@Austina hope you are enjoying a nice Monday. It is a rainy cold Monday here. Hoping the weather improves but not sure we will be able to cycle this week due to Greg's work commitments and our vet visits that are scheduled this week too.

@marcy how was your weekend? Did you get to lift? Any holiday baking happening by you?

Yesterday we shampooed the other 3 cats and ran errands and went gift shopping so we got gifts for everyone on our list woohoo. I love shopping for others and it makes me happy thinking of them opening the gifts and being excited and pleased with the gifts. I always buy what I think the recipient would like and not what I would want to get. I find that the best way as the gift is for them and not me.

I had to cancel my Gyn annual today and not sure when I will be able to reschedule. Which pushes back my mammo and US too due to the fact I need an RX from the GYN to get those. It is all cascading in on me but I have to prioritize of course and this will have to wait. I also have to schedule a dental visit again as my gums are still bleeding so not what the hygienist thought sadly as if it was just plaque buildup I wouldn't still be bleeding. No time to do all this however. Today we bring Fred in for his second culture and Wed we bring the other 3 in for their second cultures.

Leaving you with a photo of Fred last night all warm and cozy. Poor baby can barely move due to his severe arthritis but he looks content and still purrs and eats thank goodness.

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 7.07.37 AM.png

Hope everyone enjoys a lovely Monday. Hugs.

Thank you Missy - it would be my something borrowed:lol: Yay let's see your new pocketbook! I purchased a black Rebecca Minkcoff from Costco :D that I've been very happy with. Hope you enjoy yours! Fred is so adorable. He's comfortable and I hope the cultures come out with RW gone. I'm so sorry you have to push things back. Sometimes anemia can make one bleed more, could be something to get tested. I am loving your Jersey shore pics! I wish we were there too. The plan for this weekend is to head to Jersey to visit fi sister and brother in law. Wedding plans are coming along. I have a long list of things to do but one step at a time is what I tell myself. I ordered invitations yesterday from Costco of coarse.
Hugs to all and I hope everyone is having a Terrific Tuesday!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hello lovelies

:dance: Great news on finding your perfect venue @bling_dream19 and those wedding favours will be a lovely keepsake for your guests.

It’s warmer there than it is here @canuk-gal, I think it’s been 7deg C here today, and you can certainly tell. I had a friend who had several cats that were in their 20’s, I don‘t know what her secret was, but I think most of them were strays, so could’ve been even older.

All your hard work in the garden will pay dividends @AV_ when you harvest your crop next year.

Sorry your weather is so awful @missy and you can’t ride this week. I know Greg is going to be very busy with work, and I imagine with his upcoming op., he’s keen to get everything squared away at work beforehand. Ugh to have to postpone your medical appts. Hopefully the next set of cultures will come back clear, then you can put this all behind you and get back to some kind of normality.

Shirley emailed me and she has no idea the dog got in to her meds., so I just suggested that perhaps it had an aneurysm. She says she wants to get another puppy, which honestly, would be the worst thing. She spoilt the dog absolutely rotten, it was extremely jealous and possessive, and had been getting very aggressive with Shirley. She was using the dog as an excuse to stay in her room all day and to not go out much, which really wasn’t doing her any good at all. I feel badly about the dog dying, but getting another so soon would be a big mistake.

We went out this morning for a walk, and boy was it cold. This afternoon we went to the cinema and got a few gifts to take with us, something for Shirley, and a gift for J & B’s baby.

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs have had a good weekend. :wavey:

Oh thank you @Austina I got to pass out my first one this morning while meeting a friend for breakfast. =)2 I hope you are having a great week!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Good afternoon lovely ladies!

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying yourself and if you are still in SC having nice weather. it's lovely here right now and supposed to be nice through Thursday I think. Hugs.

@Austina you are a sweetheart and I am so lucky to have you ladies as my friends. So lucky. Thank you for being here for me and for caring about me and I know you know I feel the same about you. I am always here for you. How are you doing today? I have had Dottie on my mind so much lately and I almost feel like yes Francesca and Dottie and Zoe are together. I know I sound crazy but there it is. That is how I am and what I am feeling. How is Colin feeling?I hope you enjoyed the movie yesterday and that the walk yesterday was nice despite the chilly temps. Sending you warm hugs.

@canuk-gal hope you are having a lovely week with weather that is cooperating. Thinking of you. (((Hugs))).

@Daisys and Diamonds how is your day going? Yay for getting Netflix going woohoo. Glad you are having a happy time of things. That makes me glad to hear and happy for you. I am sad our furry family members don't live very long at all. Fred is our oldest at 17. Billy died just before he turned 16 and the rest much before then. Heartbreaking truly. I was told average life span of cats went down from 16/17 to 13/14. Maybe USA cats don't live as long as others. I wouldn't be surprised but that is a story for another day.

@AV_ hope your week is going better than anticipated and that you are well. May your weather behave.

@Slick1 how is your week going? Hugs.

@Scandinavian thinking of your mom and you. Hugs.

@marcy how are you doing? Hope all is going well. Miss hearing from you here. XO.

@bling_dream19 how is wedding planning going? You are almost there! Any updates?

We actually did get to go riding today despite all of greg's heavy work schedule but it was an abbreviated ride. Fun nonetheless and we had to leave earlier so he could make it back for an early afternoon call. We managed to get ice cream haha but at another place as Jimmy's was closed and I didn't bother texting him since we would have had to go before 11AM and he doesn't open before noon. I didn't want to intrude and ask him to not only open on his day off but to open 90 minutes earlier than usual. It was just too much to ask IMO. But the place we went to (his competition I am sorry to say as I felt a bit guilty) was pretty good and they have a much nicer place to sit inside so that was nice too. We both got large lol and I had 3 different vegan flavors in mine. Not bad but I prefer Jimmy's vegan ice cream. It's richer. But that is because this was sorbet.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 3.22.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 3.22.58 PM.png

Tomorrow late afternoon the other 3 cats are getting round 2 of their cultures so hoping and praying it goes well and they remain negative RW wise. Work has been crazy so not looking good about getting a ride in tomorrow but a girl can dream. Have a lovely evening all and hugs.

For @bling_dream19 and @Daisys and Diamonds and anyone else interested in the Jersey Shore today. It's absolutely gorgeous out today. Wish you all were here with us. XOXO.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 3.25.16 PM.png

Beautiful! And I wish we were there too. Hugs to you Missy:cool2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies. It's Wonderful (I hope) Wednesday. Culture day for Bobby, Tommy and Oliver. Very nervous to say the least. Not sure if we can ride today as Greg has a CC right in the middle of the day making a ride on either end challenging plus the 3PM vet visit so just not sure how this day will shape up. Wanted to say a good morning to all and hope you have a lovely day.

@canuk-gal oh my to your snowapalozza. Too early too early but I know by you that it isn't too early. Stay warm and comfy cozy dear Sharon and before we know it (I hope) Spring will be here. And goodbye snow. Speaking of snow oh Marcy...

@marcy how are you? Thinking of you.

@bling_dream19 thanks for the Costco tip. They had no pocketbooks there when we went unfortunately and I looked because I was hoping they would. I got my pocketbook at Steinmart. It's the Sak. I know nothing about that brand but needed a pretty and simple black pocketbook and it fit the bill. I will try remembering to take a photo of it later for you. Your weekend plans visiting FI's sister and BIL sound good and woohoo for getting invites from Costco. What don't they have? Thanks for the bleeding/anemia info. I will explore that. Hugs.

@Austina aww I am glad the Birman is coming still but sad that she already knows not to look for Dottie anymore. :( I am glad Colin is feeling all better. That is a relief. Cold by you brrrr. I am not looking forward to our first frost or snow. Glad you enjoyed the movie. And yes to doing Pilates. I wonder if I will remember how to do my exercises on the Pilates Reformer when we return to Brooklyn.

@Slick1 have a good Wednesday and hugs. Hope Chase is rallying.

@Scandinavian more dust to your mom and hugs to you. Keeping good thoughts for your dear mom and all of your family.

@Mamabean hope you are enjoying a lovely week. Hugs.

@AV_ hope your week is going smoothly.

@Daisys and Diamonds good morning. How is everyone doing by you? Garry, Melanie, and Mr Tibby?

@Tekate sending you big hugs.

Have a lovely day girls.
Leaving you with a security camera photo last night with Samson on top of the cat feeder. LOL they love hanging out on the roof of the feeder. Cats and raccoons alike. I thought it was a cool photo so sharing it with you.

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 6.03.42 AM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I hope everything goes well today with the boys ..xxxooo

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
GM lovely ladies. It's Wonderful (I hope) Wednesday. Culture day for Bobby, Tommy and Oliver. Very nervous to say the least. Not sure if we can ride today as Greg has a CC right in the middle of the day making a ride on either end challenging plus the 3PM vet visit so just not sure how this day will shape up. Wanted to say a good morning to all and hope you have a lovely day.

@canuk-gal oh my to your snowapalozza. Too early too early but I know by you that it isn't too early. Stay warm and comfy cozy dear Sharon and before we know it (I hope) Spring will be here. And goodbye snow. Speaking of snow oh Marcy...

@marcy how are you? Thinking of you.

@bling_dream19 thanks for the Costco tip. They had no pocketbooks there when we went unfortunately and I looked because I was hoping they would. I got my pocketbook at Steinmart. It's the Sak. I know nothing about that brand but needed a pretty and simple black pocketbook and it fit the bill. I will try remembering to take a photo of it later for you. Your weekend plans visiting FI's sister and BIL sound good and woohoo for getting invites from Costco. What don't they have? Thanks for the bleeding/anemia info. I will explore that. Hugs.

@Austina aww I am glad the Birman is coming still but sad that she already knows not to look for Dottie anymore. :( I am glad Colin is feeling all better. That is a relief. Cold by you brrrr. I am not looking forward to our first frost or snow. Glad you enjoyed the movie. And yes to doing Pilates. I wonder if I will remember how to do my exercises on the Pilates Reformer when we return to Brooklyn.

@Slick1 have a good Wednesday and hugs. Hope Chase is rallying.

@Scandinavian more dust to your mom and hugs to you. Keeping good thoughts for your dear mom and all of your family.

@Mamabean hope you are enjoying a lovely week. Hugs.

@AV_ hope your week is going smoothly.

@Daisys and Diamonds good morning. How is everyone doing by you? Garry, Melanie, and Mr Tibby?

@Tekate sending you big hugs.

Have a lovely day girls.
Leaving you with a security camera photo last night with Samson on top of the cat feeder. LOL they love hanging out on the roof of the feeder. Cats and raccoons alike. I thought it was a cool photo so sharing it with you.

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 6.03.42 AM.png

Missy I love Steinmart too!! I got my costco purse online and I'm pretty sure they have the Sak! I think I saw the small version and that may or may not be what you need. And for a laugh my living room is filled with boots, mainly SW. I'm in the buying, trying on, and return what doesn't work phase. Oh and there's a Macys order in here too! I will let you know what I decide on. I cant even keep up with trying everything on lol.
I really hope the cultures come out negative.
Hugs to you and all for a great day!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, sorry your glasses weren't right and I hope you get them back soon. Such a cute pic of the feral kitties. Sweet picture of Fred too. I hope he can start taking the meds for his arthritis soon. It's too bad you had to push back your appointments and hopefully you can reschedule them soon. I hope things go smoothly today at the vet. And of course hoping you get negative results in 3-4 weeks time. I'm really hoping that all this treatment and care has paid off.

@Daisys and Diamonds, your lemonade scones look delicious. I think I might have mentioned I saw Bruce perform in SC a few years back and he was amazing. So glad you figured out how to watch him on the big screen. It's nice you had a good visit with Melanie and Aaron but I'm really sorry they're both struggling with health issues. Very sweet picture of your future queen.

@AV_, it's too bad you didn't make it to Seville and I hope you can get there sometime soon. I had a feeling you would like Scandi's house, and the location! Good luck with work this week. And have fun cooking and using the herbs around you. Your plans for your garden sound great and I know you will enjoy having your own herb garden.

@Scandinavian, I hope F's limp is all better by now. Gorgeous scenery and the house looks beautiful. Good luck with the floors. Continuing to send support to your mother, grandmother, and you. Take care <3

@Mamabean, LOL to David loving winter because of snow days...my son feels the same way! I'm sorry about Chris's troubles and I understand needing to compartmentalize; you have many other things that need your time and attention . I know this is not easy for you.

@Austina, wonderful news that Kim found a job! That is such a shame about Shirley's dog. It's a very sad situation overall and I feel for everyone involved. Nice that you went to a movie and got some shopping done. Great news that Colin is feeling much better and back to normal.

@bling_dream19, love your wedding favors! Perfect memento for such a special day.

@canuk-gal, stay warm! I hope the diamond shopping went well. Looking for a good stone can be fun but also a little stressful sometimes.

@marcy, hope you had a good weekend and you're doing ok.

We're back in NJ, got home late Sunday night. Not up to much...just laundry, errands, and chores around the house. I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year so I need to start gearing up for that. I might take a ride up to my brother's sometime this week.

Sending good thoughts to all the nirdis!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I second @missy , what can’t you get at Costco @bling_dream19? That’s great that everything is progressing so well with your plans. Oh my goodness, I have visions of you disappearing in a mountain of boxes with all your purchases :lol:

Always so much to do when you’ve been away @junebug17, especially when you’re coming back to a busy season. Lots for you to do to get ready for Thanksgiving, I hope you’re getting some help with all the preparations. How’s your brother doing, has he finished fixing up his place?

Keeping everything crossed that you have the best possible outcome from the vets visit today @missy and the kitties weren’t too stressed by the cultures. I’m sure you’ll remember how to use your reformer once you get back to the city, and I’m hoping you’ll get the all clear from the cultures, so it can be soon. It’s freezing here again, not technically as cold, but the wind chill, oy, even with my thermal lined tights and a heavy coat.

It’s been one of those days, I‘Ve been bombarded with emails from Shirley, saying they’ve bumped off her dog and she was next :eek-2: I contacted her son, to let him know what she’s saying, and also reassured him that we know that it’s not true. I waited to reply because frankly, I didn’t know how to respond, then she emailed to tell me her dog had died because it got in to her meds. I honestly don’t know how they’re coping, because I’m finding it difficult dealing with her outbursts and I’m not even there. I know that sounds terribly selfish, but when she’s like this, it’s hard to know what to say. I won’t fuel her paranoia, but I don’t want her to feel that I don’t care.

I hope everything is OK with you @marcy and that you’re both ok.

How’re things with you @Mamabean, I hope you’re having a stress free time?

Hi @AV_ what’re you up to?

I hope you haven’t had any more snow @canuk-gal.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, but I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day.

:wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awful day. Furbaby F decided to make a run for it again. Had to make DH and my dad help find him. Even with the gps. He is fast... Two cars and three people did the trick just as he was heading towards a road. He got lost of course and didn’t know which way was home so he took of in the completely wrong direction.
hoping for a good tomorrow for all of us.
hugs

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I second @missy , what can’t you get at Costco @bling_dream19? That’s great that everything is progressing so well with your plans. Oh my goodness, I have visions of you disappearing in a mountain of boxes with all your purchases :lol:

Always so much to do when you’ve been away @junebug17, especially when you’re coming back to a busy season. Lots for you to do to get ready for Thanksgiving, I hope you’re getting some help with all the preparations. How’s your brother doing, has he finished fixing up his place?

Keeping everything crossed that you have the best possible outcome from the vets visit today @missy and the kitties weren’t too stressed by the cultures. I’m sure you’ll remember how to use your reformer once you get back to the city, and I’m hoping you’ll get the all clear from the cultures, so it can be soon. It’s freezing here again, not technically as cold, but the wind chill, oy, even with my thermal lined tights and a heavy coat.

It’s been one of those days, I‘Ve been bombarded with emails from Shirley, saying they’ve bumped off her dog and she was next :eek-2: I contacted her son, to let him know what she’s saying, and also reassured him that we know that it’s not true. I waited to reply because frankly, I didn’t know how to respond, then she emailed to tell me her dog had died because it got in to her meds. I honestly don’t know how they’re coping, because I’m finding it difficult dealing with her outbursts and I’m not even there. I know that sounds terribly selfish, but when she’s like this, it’s hard to know what to say. I won’t fuel her paranoia, but I don’t want her to feel that I don’t care.

I hope everything is OK with you @marcy and that you’re both ok.

How’re things with you @Mamabean, I hope you’re having a stress free time?

Hi @AV_ what’re you up to?

I hope you haven’t had any more snow @canuk-gal.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, but I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day.

:wavey:

I’m so sorry about Shirley, that must be really difficult to deal with!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

@missy, sorry your glasses weren't right and I hope you get them back soon. Such a cute pic of the feral kitties. Sweet picture of Fred too. I hope he can start taking the meds for his arthritis soon. It's too bad you had to push back your appointments and hopefully you can reschedule them soon. I hope things go smoothly today at the vet. And of course hoping you get negative results in 3-4 weeks time. I'm really hoping that all this treatment and care has paid off.

@Daisys and Diamonds, your lemonade scones look delicious. I think I might have mentioned I saw Bruce perform in SC a few years back and he was amazing. So glad you figured out how to watch him on the big screen. It's nice you had a good visit with Melanie and Aaron but I'm really sorry they're both struggling with health issues. Very sweet picture of your future queen.

@AV_, it's too bad you didn't make it to Seville and I hope you can get there sometime soon. I had a feeling you would like Scandi's house, and the location! Good luck with work this week. And have fun cooking and using the herbs around you. Your plans for your garden sound great and I know you will enjoy having your own herb garden.

@Scandinavian, I hope F's limp is all better by now. Gorgeous scenery and the house looks beautiful. Good luck with the floors. Continuing to send support to your mother, grandmother, and you. Take care <3

@Mamabean, LOL to David loving winter because of snow days...my son feels the same way! I'm sorry about Chris's troubles and I understand needing to compartmentalize; you have many other things that need your time and attention . I know this is not easy for you.

@Austina, wonderful news that Kim found a job! That is such a shame about Shirley's dog. It's a very sad situation overall and I feel for everyone involved. Nice that you went to a movie and got some shopping done. Great news that Colin is feeling much better and back to normal.

@bling_dream19, love your wedding favors! Perfect memento for such a special day.

@canuk-gal, stay warm! I hope the diamond shopping went well. Looking for a good stone can be fun but also a little stressful sometimes.

@marcy, hope you had a good weekend and you're doing ok.

We're back in NJ, got home late Sunday night. Not up to much...just laundry, errands, and chores around the house. I'm hosting Thanksgiving this year so I need to start gearing up for that. I might take a ride up to my brother's sometime this week.

Sending good thoughts to all the nirdis!

Thank you! Grandmother is a little better but the pressure on/in/? her eye is too high. My father took her to the eye specialist again yesterday and he prescribed some new meds. Hoping it helps. Guess your guess was right @missy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results