shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good evening girlfriends. I’ve been reading lots of your posts but you guys move so fast I couldn’t jump in..@missy You’ve been posting so many great threads..
How’s your dad doing? I’ve been coming in here to check..I’m happy that he seems to be doing well.
I’m still crossing my fingers and toes that the RW is gone..
I’m so sorry your endocrinologist is stuck on giving you T4...Can you get another opinion from a different endocrinologist?
I love the pic of you and Greg bundled up for your ride.
@Austina...I’m happy you’ve been developing another routine..taking walks with Colin..and going to the movies...You are such a good friend seeing Shirley. Do you think she is declining..or holding her own? I went to Costco today and thought of you and Missy..We love our Costco. I bought a ceramic heater for the kitchen in Maryland..The kitchen was an add on...not by us...It gets really cold in there...The house was built in 1905 so the heart of the house is warmed by radiators..I love that kind of heat..The kitchen has baseboard heating which isn’t good enough. If we lived there full time we would have to do something..but we don’t have time to do anything there. We’re only there on weekends.
@Slick1 I hope you had a good week. Do you have anything planned for this weekend? Have you see the newlyweds?
@junebug17 Are you still at your other house? I think you said you were going to be there for a short time this time. It sounds like you enjoy the getaway. That’s pretty much what we do...We go there and relax and go out to dinner...I also catch up a bit on sleep there..For whatever reason I sleep better in that house.
@Calliecake You sound like such a sweet aunt to your nieces. Did you ever find the unicorn dress? How old are they?
@Tekate How are doing with the move? I hope you get time to check in..I hope you’re not wearing yourself out...
@Scandinavian I hope your mom and grandma are doing okay...
Your floors are so gorgeous...I just love them. What did you oil them with? Did you do it with a cloth or a pole thingie? I can’t remember the name of it..
@canuk-gal Are you still riding a bike? You and Missy are too much..I never could get comfortable on a bike. I tried the gel seats..but they hurt too...Now my back is bad so that wouldn’t work for me. It’s so darn cold to go for a walk..I have to do something though...
@Daisys and Diamonds I hope you find a job you love that makes great money. You deserve the best job and friends because you are one of the nicest people. I really enjoy your posts..
@av I hope you’ve been getting out from under all your work and having a great time..running through town causing havoc..hahaha..
@marcy You are becoming the female version of Arnold Schwarzenegger! You must have arms of steel! That is so good for your bones..My shoulders and neck gets cramps taking all the zero waters into the house...
How’s Marty’s business doing? Did he get out of jury duty?
Yes..Insurance companies stink. I called mine about taking some of my jewelry off the policy. I’m sick of giving them my money..I kept my larger studs, Libby, and a diamond bracelet on...I haven’t been insuring anything new I purchased. If we get a dent in our car..we don’t even go through insurance because they will jack your rates up. Of course if the car got totaled we would go through them..I fortunately don’t get many dents except when my husband backed up into my then bmw twice! Hahaha..
Here’s what’s been going on here..‍
My mom came into my room to tell me that her implanted bridge fell out of her mouth. They fell into the sink...I looked in her mouth and I could see the metal points coming out of her gums..She’s holding her teeth in her hand..I thought David was going to have a heart attack...poor guy! This was on Sunday..so we had to wait until Monday to get her in to the dentist. The dentist said that if it happened again..I can get something like dentures adhesive and snap it back in until she can get in to see him..I must have looked like a deer in the headlights..because he laughed and said..or you can just serve her eggs and soup until I can get her in..Yes..I would do that..hahaha..
Have a great night! xxxxooooo

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh @Mamabean you are the best. Truly.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina that's wonderful your Kim got a job, i hooe its regarding work and the people she works with are friendly and helpful
oh my lemonaid scones were amazingly (why dodnt i photograph with the jam and cream ??)
this is the first baking ive done in this nearly new oven
it was wounderful, when we were renting the oven had bad seals and baking was useless
i have never made scones before and it was just 3 ingredients and a pinch of salt
but they made too many
i needed all you kinky ladies around here to help eat them
i also make ANZAC biscuits - an oat cookie - sooooooo good and they also worked !!
Melanie looked quite good, her hair had all fallen out but she had peach fuz that was cute but she said it falls out with the chemo as fast as it grows
last week they skipped her chemo because of nerve damage to her hands and feet which is everydently irreversible
her brother Aaron is still feeling like he has pluracy again but his doctor wont consider the possibility and the hospital rejected his referral because he wasn't sick enough .....
that'd big city public hospitals for you

i have just made two frittatas - chorizo bacon and veg - one to eat tomorrow and one for the freezer
and ive made a chillie tuna fish pie for tea tomorrow and i made a batch of tuna fish cakes (i like one sometimes with an egg for breakfast)
im so tired i almost sliced my finger cutting some oregano so i gotta hit the hay

i feel sad your all heading into winter
wrap up warm everybody and snuggle into those fluffy sheets
take care
and healing and comforting thoughts to those in need
20191116_111124.jpg 20191116_111116.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh @Mamabean i hope the broken dental work didn't hurt your mom
why does stiff like that always happen after hours
and thank you for the kind words (my smilies not working today)

my friend's wife backed into his car - their insurence agent says it happens all the time
(this is why i don't drive)

and what actually is Costco ?

@missy any ice cream today

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies.

@missy; gosh that snow pants picture really GETS IT! That could be me!!!! LOL Decent weather here buyt ciy, I think my 2019 cycling days are at an end.

Same here Sharon. Looking ahead at the forecast for the next number of days there are no good cycling days ahead. It was a good season though so no complaints. And yes haha that snow pants picture was too good not to share with you. I knew you would appreciate that. Hope you are having a wonderful and cozy weekend. XOXO.

Thank you @missy for your amazing shout outs! I appreciate you so much. And happy FriYAY to all! It's been a whirlwind and I'm trying to catch my breath. Weekend was wonderful with my girlfriend. Thank you to @@junebug17 @Austina @@marcy @missy @relate and everyone for your opinions and being there for me. It means a lot and I value each of you taking the time to even think about me and post. Here are the updates: the venue we loved will not host a wedding less than 60 so it's out, I've found a beautiful waterfront bnb manor that does weddings and are more than accommodate a small wedding. My fiance really just wants us to get married and for it to be just us. He knows my parents want to be there. I love the idea of a romantic winter wedding just us but I think I will feel badly if my parents aren't there. They are alive and well, willing to drive anywhere anytime so I think it will be very be very special for them to be there. My dad can walk me down the aisle and my mom can help me in the morning. We are going to the bnb tomorrow to make sure we love it and to make official plans. My fiance said his sisters wont travel so I'm letting go of inviting his nieces who threw us the engagement dinner. He said he will handle communicating anything regarding the wedding decisions to his family. I'm going to talk to my sister and if she wants to drive and take my nieces out of school then I would love but I dont expect it and am totally fine if they are not there.
It's been a little stressful, I am still nervous about getting married. He will be here soon and i think we will talk about lots this weekend. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Hugs to you Missy I'm so glad your dad is recovering well. And rwg is getting better I think. I adore your pictures and your view and I get lost in pics of Bubbalah! Glad you've got her back and we need more pics!
I'm thinking about each of you and sending love and hugs.

Oh dear @bling_dream19 I am sorry the first dream venue didn't work out and I am keeping good thoughts that this one does. It sounds perfect. Thank you for all the good wishes and warm hugs and sending those to you as well. Try not to stress too much. You are marrying the love of your life and it is all good. Enjoy a wonderful weekend with your FI and big hugs. Please let us know how it goes with the new wedding venue. I have a good feeling about it. And how special your parents can be there and celebrate with you and your dad walk you down the aisle. I actually had both parents walk me down the aisle (I think lol will have to double check with Greg) and it was very special. Hugs.

@missy Of course I cannot not respond to your many mentions! Thank you very much indeed! There is magic in NIRDI & it worked for me this year: I am happily sunk into the many details of settling in a house for 'winter' - that is to say a season of 10C-ish, too little rain, too much wind this year.

You might recall I was to pass by Seville for voting & for roscos - it didn't happen; I am behind with everything except work (fingers crossed.)

TBC

Dear @AV_ of course, you are a NIRDI and I am always thinking good thoughts for you and miss you when you don't post but happy you are here even if just to read. I am glad you are not behind your schedule for work and that is good. You can take care of the other things when you have more time. I hope you are settling in for winter and are cozy comfy. Yes there is magic indeed in NIRDI. I agree. Sending you warm hugs and lots of love.

Good evening girlfriends. I’ve been reading lots of your posts but you guys move so fast I couldn’t jump in..@missy You’ve been posting so many great threads..
How’s your dad doing? I’ve been coming in here to check..I’m happy that he seems to be doing well.
I’m still crossing my fingers and toes that the RW is gone..
I’m so sorry your endocrinologist is stuck on giving you T4...Can you get another opinion from a different endocrinologist?

Hi Joanne! Thank you for all your good wishes. My endocrinologist actually is now happy to give me more T3 and he agrees I should try it. BUT the insurance company won't cover it now. It's always a battle and so far I have heard nothing from them so am waiting before I start my higher dose. Everything seems an uphill battle. Finally got the endocrinologist to see my POV and now this.

We are all crossing our fingers and toes too about the RW. Very scary as I spoke to my sister yesterday and she said she has seen more RW these past few months than her entire career before this and yes the second culture is necessary because it does sometimes become positive and I guess that is the tricky nature of fungal spores. Sigh and Oy I am apprehensive but hoping and praying for the best.

Dad is doing OK knock wood. Thanks for asking.
So sorry about your mom's implanted bridge falling out. Ugh.

How is David? How is Chris? How is everyone by you? How are you doing? I am so glad you had a successful brunch last weekend. This weekend is cold and windy so no cycling for us sadly. Hope you have a warm cozy happy weekend on tap. XOXO.

and what actually is Costco ?

@missy any ice cream today

But of course. We cycled so we enjoyed ice cream. I will share photos below. Costco is amazing. It's a shopping warehouse that sells many things in bulk at good prices for families and people like us who stock up on paper goods etc. It is my favorite store hands down. They even have bling though I have never bought their bling.

Oooh your frittatas look amazingly delicious. Next time please take pics of the lemon scones. Yummy. Enjoy.
Glad Melanie is looking well and sorry about Aaron and hope he gets the help he needs and starts feeling better soon. Boo to negligent health care. So frustrating.

@missy. you could post a picture of an oil refinery and id think it was beautiful ! that's a beautiful view you have there

Aww thank you.

my tomato plants survived the wind, rain, thunder and lightening
we have Gary's son and daughter coming to visit tomorrow. hopefully Gary's eyes will have a good day so Melanie has one less thing to sorry about
i forgot to buy extra biscuits (cookies) for morning tea so im thinking about making lemonaid (the plain clear soda pop fizzy) scones but ive never made them before but its 3 ingredients- what can go wrong :lol:

anyway its Saturday morning already here
im very late to bed
everyone i hope friday is being kind to you and your loved ones

Have a wonderful weekend dear Daisy. XOXO.

Thank you! Furbaby is a little better today! Hoping she will be fine by tomorrow! I do hate it so when animals get sick!

Dear @Scandinavian, I am glad F is feeling better and yes it's just awful when our furbabies are sick. How is your mom doing? I am keeping her in my thoughts and prayers every single day and hoping you get good news soon. Sending you lots of love and hugs across the many miles dear Scandi. XOXO.

@Austina how wonderful that Kim got the job! Woohoo! Wishing her and Adam much success and all the best. Hope you are having a good weekend. Hugs.

Happy weekend everyone! ❤

Happy weekend dear @Jimmianne! Hope all is progressing smoothly and that the newlyweds are blissfully happy. And that you are doing and feeling well. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you are recuperating from the crazy busy week and feeling well. Hugs to you and healing hugs to Chase. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate hope your move went well and you are settling in and that everyone is good and healthy and life is sweet. Sending you hugs and love and many good wishes and thoughts. Hope you are feeling well and that your jaw is healing and getting better each day. XOXO.

We enjoyed a good ride yesterday. So much fun. It's like flying and the sun was out and it was just a perfect November day cycling down the jersey shore.

Today and tomorrow are too cold and windy for riding. I am sad but it is late November. So not sure what we are doing today but probably going to shampoo the kitties. The fun never ends here lol.

Ice-cream from our ride yesterday. MMMmmmmm good.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 7.11.02 AM.png

Might be the last ice cream shot til next year depending on weather and vet and medical schedule.

@marcy we aren't going to hit your projected goal for us and believe me I am sorry about that. I hope you didn't have money on it haha. Hope you had a good Astronomy meeting re telescopes last night. Hugs.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 7.12.33 AM.png

and finally the tranquility that is November at the Jersey Shore. Just lovely.

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 7.13.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 7.13.20 AM.png

Have a lovely day girls! (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy! Where’s my “Can you find Greg Mamabean?” I was scanning the photo even before reading your post..haha
It looks like I’m still behind after reading your post this morning..I’m glad your endo is going to give you the T3 but sorry you are now having trouble with the insurance company. They really stink. David takes a prescription that at first they wouldn’t cover...After many tears and getting the pharmacy and his psychiatrist involved...they started covering the generic.
How many days before we know about the RW missy? When is the next test?
@bling_dream19 I’m sorry your other venue didn’t work out...but the second one sounds very nice! I agree your mom would be heartbroken if she wasn’t there to see you. It’s normal to be nervous because it’s a big step..but our @missy was nervous too..but look at their marriage...They are the cutest together. I married very young...I couldn’t wait to get married and get out of my parent’s house. It wasn’t the best environment...I’m so lucky that we are still together after marrying when we were just babies. As long as you love him..and he is your best friend who loves you back unconditionally..everything will work out.
Did you guys know that Ruby Lane has a 50% off sale going on? I waited until the second it started and bought two things I put in my cart before it started. I just refreshed the page and bought it! One is an authentic Prada suede purse..and the other one is a fun vintage sterling silver bracelet that has dog and animal charms on it..It needs a good cleaning but it will be perfect to wear when I see Jackson. He loves all animals..
David is great..He’s happy the Christmas season is close..He also likes cold bad weather. I asked him why..He said it was because if it’s cold..we could have snow and he would have a snow day and no work. Good logic right there!
Chris is still sober but having major issues from when he was drinking...I can’t really go into it here but it’s very stressful worrying about him. I’ve had to compartmentalize everything to do with him..It’s the only way I can cope because I have a lot on my plate besides him. I have to let him figure things out for himself but with some support from me. I’m a fixer by nature so I have to keep reminding myself I can’t fix him..Thank you for asking about him...xxxooo
I have to go back to Costco today because I told my husband I saw a Christmas village decoration there yesterday....and now he wants it..He turns into a four year old at Christmas..so I’ll do that for him today. We are going to decorate one side of the house for Christmas to get a jump start..but from the kitchen to the family room it will stay with all the pumpkins and fall decorations. If anyone visits us before Thanksgiving they will think we are nuts..David wants to keep all the fall things out until Thanksgiving but we wanted to get a jump on it because we have to decorate the two houses..and we have a lot of stuff to put out..The compromise is half the house is Thanksgiving..and the other half is Christmas..lol
Have a great day girlfriends..

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina that's wonderful your Kim got a job, i hooe its regarding work and the people she works with are friendly and helpful
oh my lemonaid scones were amazingly (why dodnt i photograph with the jam and cream ??)
this is the first baking ive done in this nearly new oven
it was wounderful, when we were renting the oven had bad seals and baking was useless
i have never made scones before and it was just 3 ingredients and a pinch of salt
but they made too many
i needed all you kinky ladies around here to help eat them
i also make ANZAC biscuits - an oat cookie - sooooooo good and they also worked !!
Melanie looked quite good, her hair had all fallen out but she had peach fuz that was cute but she said it falls out with the chemo as fast as it grows
last week they skipped her chemo because of nerve damage to her hands and feet which is everydently irreversible
her brother Aaron is still feeling like he has pluracy again but his doctor wont consider the possibility and the hospital rejected his referral because he wasn't sick enough .....
that'd big city public hospitals for you

i have just made two frittatas - chorizo bacon and veg - one to eat tomorrow and one for the freezer
and ive made a chillie tuna fish pie for tea tomorrow and i made a batch of tuna fish cakes (i like one sometimes with an egg for breakfast)
im so tired i almost sliced my finger cutting some oregano so i gotta hit the hay

i feel sad your all heading into winter
wrap up warm everybody and snuggle into those fluffy sheets
take care
and healing and comforting thoughts to those in need
20191116_111124.jpg 20191116_111116.jpg

@Daisys and Diamonds Your scones look delicious! Please post your recipe..They would be great to add to Christmas breakfast!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for liking our floors! They are very typical only Scandinavian style. For those who asked: The oil is really an old type of soap that contains about 30 % all-natural plant oils. The treatment is in line with the national recommendations for conservation work on old houses. This is not old of course, but a friend of mine did the same when restoring an old “manor” a few years ago. And their floors are amazing, so we decided to try the same approach!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for liking our floors! They are very typical only Scandinavian style. For those who asked: The oil is really an old type of soap that contains about 30 % all-natural plant oils. The treatment is in line with the national recommendations for conservation work on old houses. This is not old of course, but a friend of mine did the same when restoring an old “manor” a few years ago. And their floors are amazing, so we decided to try the same approach!
I think they are so beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Walked to the market today is nice weather--no wind. I think it is about 8C. In all honesty I could have ridden. Lots of bikes on the pathways.

If tomorrow proves to be the 13C predicted we will ride. Pushing it to the limit! lol

Hope all NIRDIs are well--shout out! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Scandinavian ! Your house! What a beautiful place. I am used to neighbours, but so tempted to have a wild view instead. The house where I grew up had such floor boards, if wider & wavy for wear & I can hear them now that memories come back.

@Mamabean, @missy I will take your advice in all seriousness tomorrow.

I ought to catch up!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds Your scones look delicious! Please post your recipe..They would be great to add to Christmas breakfast!

why thank you Mamabean

4 cups of sifted self raising flour with a pinch of salt
300 ml (wait one moment ...... :lol: ) 10 fluid ounces ??
and 300 ml of um 7 up maybe - the plain clear not diet soda pop - although i think a different flavour could be yummy
make a well in the flour and pour in the liquid- don't over mix
i found it didn't need as much liquid but the cup i used may not have been a true metric cup 250ml
but you will be a much better baker than i so just wing it
i should have added a bit more flour maybe
then pat out on your floured board and cut up
the recepie did say if you want to make a savory scone ditch the sweet fizzy and use soda water. Gary likes a cheese scone
and you could add dates or raisins to the sweet mix
we dont drink soft drink (i dont like the bubbles) except if we are sick and i drink it flat- i need to find a coke machine so i can just buy one can of fanta

anyway anyway
bake in a preheaded oven at 220 degreee for 10 to 12 min (390F)
it didn't say if that was a fan forced oven or not
i thought that was too hot so mine took longer to cook but what would i know ive never made scones before

if you want to Google just Google lemonaid scones but remember what we call lemonaid and what you call lemonaid are not the same thing ;)2
i actually think Sweeps sparkling duet would be yummy

Schweppes-Soft-Drink-Sparkling-Lemonade.jpg 20191117_140943.jpg
hmmm tastes ok the next day

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
why thank you Mamabean

and 300 ml of um 7 up maybe - the plain clear not diet soda pop - although i think a different flavour could be yummy
i found it didn't need as much liquid but the cup i used may not have been a true metric cup 250ml
the recepie did say if you want to make a savory scone ditch the sweet fizzy and use soda water. Gary likes a cheese scone
we dont drink soft drink (i dont like the bubbles) except if we are sick and i drink it flat- i need to find a coke machine so i can just buy one can of fanta

anyway anyway
i thought that was too hot so mine took longer to cook but what would i know ive never made scones before

if you want to Google just Google lemonaid scones but remember what we call lemonaid and what you call lemonaid are not the same thing ;)2

Yum!!! Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

have a practice before Christmas in case they arnt flash enough or you dont like them
when i was a wee girl there were tons of strikes
the bread strikes were the worst and no one made their own bread back then except hippies and we didn't have all the specialist bakeries we take for granted today
anyway mum would make scones in place of bread
no no no :(2
i would just pick the cheese of the top

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
have a practice before Christmas in case they arnt flash enough or you dont like them
when i was a wee girl there were tons of strikes
the bread strikes were the worst and no one made their own bread back then except hippies and we didn't have all the specialist bakeries we take for granted today
anyway mum would make scones in place of bread
no no no :(2
i would just pick the cheese of the top
I think I’ll try making them next week! Thank you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

so beautiful

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy funday Sunday!

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying your time in SC and that your weather has improved.XO

@canuk-gal ooh I am so happy for you that you are going cycling. I am living vicariously through you at the moment as we are not cycling anytime soon probably. Unless Greg's work quiets down a bit and it doesn't look like that will be happening. Though I am glad he is needed and busy at work. XO

@Scandinavian hope your mom is feeling better and nice going on the floors. And haha so true.Scones, ice cream and all that good (but not good for us) stuff. MMMmmm good. Hugs

@Daisys and Diamonds ooh that scone recipe looks so yummy. Ice cream, scones and all that good stuff. YUmmmmm. Hugs

@AV_ hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend. XO

@Austina hope you are having a nice time too. XO

@Mamabean no find Greg photos just yet. I forgot to take one for you yesterday sorry. Will try again. How is your weekend going? I hear you about compartmentalizing and I am sorry Chris is suffering from the ramifications of drinking but glad he is maintaining his sobriety. Baby steps. LOL on David's logic and I see his POV. Hugs to you and hang in there Joanne. You are a great mom and wonderful wife and you give your all to everyone.

LOL we are surrounded by cats. Look at this morning on the security camera. I went down to get more coffee and the cats were looking at me through the windows. I love them and hope they stay safe this winter.

@Mamabean can you find the cats? How many do you see? LOL!

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.18.57 AM.png

It's cold and windy here so just keeping warm and cozy. The house is at 88 degrees F LOL. But that is mainly for the cats. We bathed Fred yesterday and are bathing the other 3 today. Culture for Fred tomorrow and the other 3 this Wednesday as the vet is booked up so we decided to take Fred first and get him cultured tomorrow. And the other 3 this Wednesday @Mamabean.

Yesterday Greg and I went to the eyeglass place and they agreed with me after checking my new sunglasses that yes it was made with the PD all wrong and I wasn't looking through the RX center. Oy. Someone didn't do their job correctly and then someone else didn't check that it was made correctly. So they are remaking it and another wait til I get them. Let's hope they make it correctly this time. I am not impressed with the sloppy work and disappointed with Warby Parker. I hope they get it right this second time around. @marcy I know you have been down this road before.

It's going to be a busy work week for Greg so no riding unfortunately and today is just not a good cycling day despite Greg saying we should give it a go since it is the last day for maybe the rest of the year. But I don't think I want to go since it's cold and cloudy and windy. Doesn't sound like much fun.

I am leaving you with this. HRH Francesca is surely an angel as is Dottie @Austina and Zoe @junebug17.

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.18.45 AM.png

Have a lovely day all. Hugs to my NIRDI friends. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
She is much better but not fully restored. Not too eager to run so much yet. Playing queen of the mountain though lol.

AE64B85D-A10C-404E-976B-6A31B414F9A8.jpeg
I’m happy she feels a little better...
That view is so gorgeous!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM girls! Happy funday Sunday!

@junebug17 hope you are enjoying your time in SC and that your weather has improved.XO

@canuk-gal ooh I am so happy for you that you are going cycling. I am living vicariously through you at the moment as we are not cycling anytime soon probably. Unless Greg's work quiets down a bit and it doesn't look like that will be happening. Though I am glad he is needed and busy at work. XO

@Scandinavian hope your mom is feeling better and nice going on the floors. And haha so true.Scones, ice cream and all that good (but not good for us) stuff. MMMmmm good. Hugs

@Daisys and Diamonds ooh that scone recipe looks so yummy. Ice cream, scones and all that good stuff. YUmmmmm. Hugs

@AV_ hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend. XO

@Austina hope you are having a nice time too. XO

@Mamabean no find Greg photos just yet. I forgot to take one for you yesterday sorry. Will try again. How is your weekend going? I hear you about compartmentalizing and I am sorry Chris is suffering from the ramifications of drinking but glad he is maintaining his sobriety. Baby steps. LOL on David's logic and I see his POV. Hugs to you and hang in there Joanne. You are a great mom and wonderful wife and you give your all to everyone.

LOL we are surrounded by cats. Look at this morning on the security camera. I went down to get more coffee and the cats were looking at me through the windows. I love them and hope they stay safe this winter.

@Mamabean can you find the cats? How many do you see? LOL!

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.18.57 AM.png

It's cold and windy here so just keeping warm and cozy. The house is at 88 degrees F LOL. But that is mainly for the cats. We bathed Fred yesterday and are bathing the other 3 today. Culture for Fred tomorrow and the other 3 this Wednesday as the vet is booked up so we decided to take Fred first and get him cultured tomorrow. And the other 3 this Wednesday @Mamabean.

Yesterday Greg and I went to the eyeglass place and they agreed with me after checking my new sunglasses that yes it was made with the PD all wrong and I wasn't looking through the RX center. Oy. Someone didn't do their job correctly and then someone else didn't check that it was made correctly. So they are remaking it and another wait til I get them. Let's hope they make it correctly this time. I am not impressed with the sloppy work and disappointed with Warby Parker. I hope they get it right this second time around. @marcy I know you have been down this road before.

It's going to be a busy work week for Greg so no riding unfortunately and today is just not a good cycling day despite Greg saying we should give it a go since it is the last day for maybe the rest of the year. But I don't think I want to go since it's cold and cloudy and windy. Doesn't sound like much fun.

I am leaving you with this. HRH Francesca is surely an angel as is Dottie @Austina and Zoe @junebug17.

Screen Shot 2019-11-17 at 7.18.45 AM.png

Have a lovely day all. Hugs to my NIRDI friends. XOXO.
@missy I think I see five? I’m not sure of the dark spot on the right...It looks like it could be a dark kitty..I took a snapshot of the photo and blew it up but still couldn’t tell. Do I win a week with Bubbalah if I’m right? I can use a Google Earth next time so I can increase my chances! 1574002813146.gif
Hoping...hoping...that the tests turn out great...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I think I see five? I’m not sure of the dark spot on the right...It looks like it could be a dark kitty..I took a snapshot of the photo and blew it up but still couldn’t tell. Do I win a week with Bubbalah if I’m right? I can use a Google Earth next time so I can increase my chances! 1574002813146.gif
Hoping...hoping...that the tests turn out great...

Joanne, you can wear Bubbalah any time. And now that I have Jonathan’s ring (a nice substitute ER) I can let you have Bubbalah for a week no problem. It would make me happy knowing you are enjoying her!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is much better but not fully restored. Not too eager to run so much yet. Playing queen of the mountain though lol.

AE64B85D-A10C-404E-976B-6A31B414F9A8.jpeg

Yay so happy F is doing better!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
why thank you Mamabean

anyway anyway

These look delish!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s cold here, but at least it was bright today, so we went out for a long walk.

@Daisys and Diamonds I’m going to try that scone recipe, they look delicious, and yes, you’re right, over working the dough is the worst thing you can do if you want light fluffy scones.

@Mamabean, I’m sorry things are so stressful for you ATM, but I think I mentioned before that a friend of mine has been through the same issues with her son. She ended up stepping right back, and it turned out to be the best thing for her and her son. He is now back on track, and their relationship is recovering well. You have a lot of your plate, and you need to take care of yourself in order to be able to take care of everyone else.

Glad F is feeling a bit better @Scandanavian, hopefully with more rest, she’ll be in tip top shape again. T looks very happy to be out in the ‘wild’! Hope things are improving for your Mum and Grandmother. Any news on your pink ‘tutu’?

I think our temps are about the same as yours @canuk-gal, about 8 or 9 deg C, it’s certainly bracing, but as long as it’s dry, I don’t mind being outside for a while.

I hope your presentation went well @marcy, and you’re having a good weekend.

I’d add ‘beard‘ to the sentiments too @missy, as Dottie had a fine one that she’d sometime store tidbits in for later :D I don’t blame you for staying in and keeping warm, I’d rather do that, but I need the exercise. I’m glad you managed to get your glasses taken care of, yes, very sloppy that they weren’t checked before being given to you. Keeping everything crossed the cultures go well this week for all the kitties, and that this nightmare will soon be over. All in all, it’s not been a great year for us and the furries has it?

Speaking of which, I had an email from Shirley’s DIL this morning, they went out to dinner last night, and when they got back, her dog was dead. Unfortunately, she’d got in to Shirley’s meds, and they proved fatal. Needless to say, Shirley is distraught. :(

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good weekend, sending big hugs to you all :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results