color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, gorgeous trees and blossoms!

Missy, I couldn’t have said it any better or different than you did about do what you want as long as it isn’t putting others at risk. Those idiots on their cell phones are way more dangerous to other people than someone who chooses not to wear a seat belt (or Porsches going over the speed limit). Marty is definitely enjoying the results from this weekend. He told me at breakfast he is going to do very light lifting every day this week but keep the blood flowing but not enough to strain anything in his back. Marty says thank you for the congrats. Glad you found some helmets that will work for you. Gorgeous pictures from your ride yesterday. Your ice cream / frozen treats look great and sweet of them to get you a new flavor; cherry has got to be awesome!

Kate, too funny that Autie is being cranky / or handing out some karma there. The white bicycle should be a stark reminder for people; so sad. My best friend from college was killed on a motorcycle so I have flat out always told Marty no when he wants one. She was on the pass between Durango and Albuquerque and startled a deer who tried to jump over her but hit her in the head (she had a helmet on) and she, the deer and the bike all went in to a barbed wire fence. A doctor was behind her and saw the entire thing; he couldn’t do a thing for her. Ever will be so gorgeous you won’t be able to take a bad picture of your pretty diamond and ring. Thanks for Marty - I think all 4 of them really enjoyed the day! That old Geico commercial about why drill sergeants don’t make good therapists was funny too.

Marty took his sister to the local airport at 4:30 this morning. I didn’t see her off but I got up 5:30 and got ready so we could go eat breakfast at our favorite breakfast place. They aren’t open on Sunday and it is really hard to get in to on Saturday. They cook breakfast stuff to perfection.

I scrubbed on our shower floor for awhile this morning (hard ward stains), washed towels and sheets so see I’ve been productive already! I have a hair appointment shortly then am going shoe shopping. Plus it’s my 5th day free of Moaning Minnie. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girlfriends!
I’m sitting here in my kitchen waiting for the deliveries in my pjs without a shower because everyone left before they could cover the door for me. My son gets on the bus early so I can’t take my shower until he gets on. I’m not taking a chance of missing the deliveries.
@junebug17 It would be stretching it to say my mailman likes me. I think he doesn’t know what to make of me. I smile and wave at him when he passes. He never waves back...He truly is a very grumpy guy...I feel bad that he hates his job...which is why I always gush about how he’s the best when I see him. He just stares at me like I’m from out of space..:P2
It sounds like you are having a relaxing time at the beach. It sounds like the perfect potion for you right now. What state is your beach house in?
@Calliecake Hiw are you enjoying your Infinity? I had an Infinity the car before my bmw. It was a Qx4. I loved that car but David hated the sound of the turn signals clicking..It was the strangest thing...It was pure torture driving with him in the car. Since he’s autistic...I think the sound just was grating to him..poor guy. There’s no explanation but although I live them I won’t take a chance again. I’m going next weekend with the hubby to different showrooms. There’s a lot of that I don’t like...so I’m a little worried. It has to have a low back for Bailey to jump in first off..I don’t like large grills in the front..They look like big black mustaches to me..Haha...I have two psychologist friends who laugh at me..I have no idea what that means but that’s what I see! :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to start a new one because it froze and wouldn’t let me write anymore..and I didn’t want to lose my posts again...So frustrating..
@marcy Your hubby looks like a fun guy..You can just see it in his face. His clients must love him. That’s nice that you went to his competition..It probably meant a lot to him to see you there.
Getting up at 5:30 on a Saturday should be outlawed..but I actually got up at 5:45 this past Saturday too..I’m happy you enjoyed having your sister-in-law stay with you and support Marty.
I’m sorry about your friend. It must have been traumatizing for you to lose your friend like that.
You have been very productive washing all the sheets and laundry after your sister-in-law left. I used to get a lot of company that stayed over in Maryland...When they left I would be so tired I didn’t do a thing to clean after they left. I used to run my house like a bed and breakfast..making special order breakfast in the morning..special toiletries, snacks, etc. I would wear myself out. My friend who has a house in Rehoboth told me that she stopped doing that. She was getting exhausted like me..She leaves clean folded sheets on the beds..and they all go out for breakfast now. I still do the sheets and toiletries..but I stock the fridge..make their first breakfast at the house..and then tell them to help themselves to the fully stocked fridge and make what they want! It’s more fun that way too! Live and learn!
@av I love your photos of the pretty flowering trees! More pics!
BRB! First package came!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
8F42C806-212E-46B8-B849-321D1B8E6F81.jpeg 1304857D-9037-4C49-A807-F9A5A6109451.jpeg
My hoops are here! I’m saying hoops because they are hoops not what I consider huggies....but they’re very pretty! I take horrible photos..I didn’t even take my shower and wash my hair..but here you go! They don’t look sparkly in the photos but they are!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
CD995044-3110-499A-8F03-D0EFE3F2D8BD.jpeg BDCF3F12-8168-4301-B43D-9F5B18C688F8.jpeg B663F076-93EF-4631-B363-112250279C22.jpeg 502D5275-F254-4CAF-B29B-0552ED237CA5.jpeg 8D21FC59-2491-4C7A-89CE-DD6850C5C7E5.jpeg

Attachments

• A0A2C032-A903-4765-A31B-D1C768DA99E1.jpeg
    A0A2C032-A903-4765-A31B-D1C768DA99E1.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 9B2A1D01-2619-491D-AE89-F62B6EDB3A97.jpeg
    9B2A1D01-2619-491D-AE89-F62B6EDB3A97.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 14

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

They’re just gorgeous @Mamabean, they look the perfect size to me, I think they’re more huggies than hoops, just beautiful :love: Having guests can be pretty exhausting, I do like having people to stay, but the minute they’re out of the door, I go in to a cleaning frenzy :lol: Bed stripped, sheets and duvet cover in the wash, then the towels, and while they’re doing, I’m in there cleaning the bathroom and bedroom. As soon as it’s all dry, back on the bed and close the door. We’re going to be staying at Shirley’s house, still want to say Bob & Shirley’s. I’ll reconfirm with her DIL once we get to Tx. I can’t remember which car we had, but the indicator noise was really annoying, so I can see how it would bother David.

Great pic of Marty and his gang @marcy, they all did really well. Adam trains with a guy who looks like the Incredible Hulk :lol: Is it illegal there to use your phone whilst driving? It is here unless it’s handsfree, you can lose your licence if you get caught. Because of our national health system, if you’re in an accident, we all pay for your treatment, so if wearing a seatbelt can minimise injuries so much the better. We still see people using their phones whilst driving, if I pull up beside one, I point to my dashcam and they usually put it away really quickly :D Glad you’ve been enjoying your birthday celebrations, hope your hair appt went well.

Sounds like you’re having a lovely relaxing time @junebug17, wow to seeing a bald eagle munching his lunch, they’re pretty spectacular looking aren’t they?

I’m with you @Tekate, politics and religion, oi, best to avoid both subjects as people rarely see eye to eye. I think once you get Ever, you won’t want to upgrade. :lol: To John’s steppingstones comment.

Gorgeous scenery @missy, glad you got the helmets sorted out, and your new shoes look pretty jazzy too. Days must’ve had a bumper day with all those people queuing. I had a Skinny Cow ice cream bar when we got home from our walk yesterday, it’s been pretty hot this weekend. Thankfully a bit cooler today, but still lovely. At the rate you’re going, you’ll soon be up to 2000 miles! :shock: Love the doggies, they’re so cute. I did see your comment in the other thread, and I meant every word of it ;)2

Pretty pics @AV_ I’m glad you managed to get out in the fresh air this weekend.

I think Shirley will do better in her own home @Calliecake, I’m waiting to here when they’re on the road, should be any day now. I had an email on Saturday that sounded pretty ‘normal’, then an hour later had another telling me pretty much the same things again.

We had our 6 month dental check ups this afternoon, everything fine, then went to see Rocketman. I didn’t like the format of the film, I preferred Bohemian Rhapsody.

I hope all the NIRDIs are having a good day :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mamabean, I love your huggies. They are gorgeous. I hate waiting for a delivery - I just know if I sneak off to the bathroom I'll miss them. :lol: Thank you, Marty is a fun guy; we are both easily entertained. I totally like the idea of having guests make themselves at home which around here includes waiting on yourself, stripping or making the bed and helping yourself whatever you want to eat. I usually have the bed made up when they get here but if they ask; I do graciously accept their offer to strip the bed. Since Chris was leaving at 4:30 I didn't think she would bother; that's early. Thank for the kind words about losing my friend.

Austina, the laws about cellular phone use vary by city and state. Locally it is against the law to use anything other than hands free devices; sadly it's only enforced if they are stopped for other reasons or have an accident. Good idea to point out your dashcam - I need to get one of those. I also like cleaning and getting the house back to normal after someone leaves. Marty thinks I'm too OCD about cleaning. My hair appointment went well; I would go back to her again. Then I tried on about a dozen shoes and came home with something but they are so different I feel like they are slippers. I had a stress fracture about 15 years ago so I've always worn Brooks Beast running shoes. This lady said my foot is rolling in them so put me in a neutral shoes rather than motion control. Problem is if I walk different it will bother my knees. I will see how they go. They are an entire size larger than what I was wearing which could have been part of my problem. They don't even measure your foot anymore; she just sees how they fit me. Strange. It's a local athletic store and the owner has a great reputation for knowing her business.

Off to make the guest bed up again.
Marcy

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my second package! This is too much excitement in one day! :lol:
6697C6FA-93D7-40D9-8BE1-09849D47D594.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mamabean your pendant looks gorgeous. I am so excited for you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally! Fun you you Mamabean.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, The earrings and necklace are gorgeous!!!!! What a fantastic day you are having!!! This is the equivalent of a five year olds Christmas!

@missy, I hope you are cycling and having a great time. Your weather has been wonderful.

@Tekate, Anxiously waiting for June 17!!! Three carats is BIG. Pricescope wrecks us as far as diamond size goes. What did you consider large before Pricescope? Is it different from what you consider large now? Your post had me laughing. John and my DH would get along well. I got a ring before he retired and had told him it would be my last big purchase. He laughed and reminded me how many other times I have said this to him in the past 25 years. Poor sweet Autumn Marie feeling crabby. I hope you told her parents that she is just missing her grandma. Could this have something to do with Mike and Cara wanting you living in Austin immediately LOL.

@junebug17 , I’m glad you are having a good time. A walk on a beach sounds wonderful. Has the weather been cooperating?

@Austina, We were thinking about going to see the Rocket Man Movie. I had heard a movie critic say it was better than Bohemian Rhapsody so I’m glad you said this. I’m hoping Shirley seems better once she is back at her own home. The emails the other day sound worrisome. I think it would hard to see such a dramatic difference in a person especially with her being a close friend. The whole situation is so sad. I have the exact same routine once guests leave. DH has commented that I could at least wait until they are further down the road before I start the frenzy. I’ve been thinking of you as I watched the news this morning. Can you do me a favor and please keep Trump in London. There has to be an extra castle somewhere he can roam around in for a few weeks.

@marcy, It’s sounds like everyone had a really good time at the completion. The photo you posted is great. It was nice of Marty’s sister to come to town for the competition. I completely understand your need to put every back together and clean after guests leave. I do the same thing. Once we get past 55 we find changes can affect our knees, hips and backs. It’s so much fun getting older, isn’t it?

@av, The tree is beautiful. Most of us can relate to needing coffee. I hope you had a great weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, that is a great question - what size of diamond did we consider big before PS. It has changed most of our perspectives. I totally chuckled about you starting to clean up before your guests are down the road. I can totally see myself doing the same thing. I just finished getting everything washed and put away. Yes, our knees, hips, backs and feet all impact each other. After they realigned my knees maybe 30 years ago now I remember my feet started curving and the orthopedic surgeon told me to leave them alone because it would mess with my knees. I will keep an eye on how these different shoe impacts my knees; sore feet or knee surgery? No contest there. So far the shoes are doing okay and it's hard to say about my knees because trying on that many shoes flared up both knees. As my dad always said, being old isn't for sissies.

Marty and I ran out and looked at a place he is considering renting for a strength training place. I got my nails filed and will get them painted later tonight. There was a funnel south of town a little while ago but I don't see anything here; we are just getting rain. I enjoyed my long weekend and didn't think about work at all which made me think ooh it would be nice to retire.

Laters,
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, so glad you got the green light on the older helmets, great news. I like the blue one you posted, looks good on you! Love the sparkly pics of the ocean, so pretty. The Jersey shore is such a fun place to be. How great you guys have been able to cycle so much.

@marcy, what a great pic of Marty and his clients, love it! I'm glad he's going to take it easy this week, now that the competition is over I'll bet he has an easier time relaxing. I hope your new shoes work out for you and work well for your knees. And I'm glad you like how your hair came out, it's a good feeling to find someone who you know will do a nice job. I got very hungry reading your description of your breakfast. I love going out for breakfast. I am so very sorry about your best friend from college, that must have been so hard for you.

@AV_, such beautiful pictures :love: How great to live in such a pretty place.

@Tekate, I'm heading home on Wednesday...I'm going back to NJ and dh is going on a business trip. Luckily we are flying to Charlotte together and then we go our separate ways. He'll be home on Friday. The kids seem like they're doing pretty well...my dd is a teacher and the school year is winding down. She seems happy about that haha. Ds is keeping busy with work and his shows, and he recently started dating someone.

@Mamabean, it's too funny that your mailman doesn't know what to make of you...you're right, grouchy people do seem very puzzled when people are friendly towards them, I've noticed that myself LOL. You have had a very blingy day! LOVE your new earrings, they are the perfect size on your ears and I promise I'm not just saying that. And the pendant...:love:! SO pretty! It's so much fun getting new sparklies. Our house is in South Carolina. It's on one of the islands and about 40 minutes from Charleston. Very quiet and not very built up. My kids think it's boring here, although now that they're older they seem to appreciate it a little more. They always want to go to Charleston for the night life though!

@Austina, good news getting the all-clear at the dentist. Dh mentioned he'd like to see Rocketman. I've been an Elton John fan since I was a teenager. He has certainly had an interesting life and career. I'm hoping being in her own home again helps Shirley. I know Bob's death must still be very hard for you.

@Calliecake, the weather here has been great. Sunny and very warm every day. Hope you're having a good start to your week and feeling well.

Had a good day here...dh is working from home today and tomorrow, so he had some phone calls but we went for a bike ride and went in the pool. Going out for dinner tonight.

Take care all! Xox

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The walk in the hills was fun as these ever are (doesn't it show what makes me happy...) This could have been a great day for taking pictures, but they'd take more thinking than I could possibly do; at the end of the day I turned the phone to the thickest swarm of flowers & asked them to pose. Then, Monday went - somewhere.

Just as well that I have finished the difficult letters Sunday morning, just before setting out for the walk. It looks like this week I'll be in the slow lane - conference calls & other trivia & come what may.

@av Letter writing is a lost art. I was never good at it..but my husband wrote me a love letter every day that we were separated when he was at school in Maryland. I would come home from work and find a letter waiting for me. They were so mushy..but really beautiful letters on thick stationary..There weren’t cell phones then..haha...I still have them...I’ll have to find them in my storage room. They are in a large metal box so they should be easy to find. I can read them when he’s extra grouchy.

Much of my work is writing letters: some exchanges run into the hundreds - most are just a few to-fro, and there is NO telling which kind matters more! I dearly love this sport. I sure do keep the good letters from each sender aside - exactly for the reason you mention, but, I do not need to call them friends...

AV, I’m am not competitive but Marty sure is; he is very tired and relaxed today.

I hope this is the kind of relaxing that put me down after finishing my letters, or else!

@AV_, such beautiful pictures ... How great to live in such a pretty place.
This is dngerous ... I doubt I could live anywhere else! Fingers crossed.

@AV_ isn't length often the bane of writing? ... enjoy yourself, eat ice cream! xo
... depends on what / who / where, methinks. I wouldn't have your posts any shorter! This ain't Twitter (which I like too much to read but not write on - at all). For work letters, no one reads more than five hundred words - at least not for my sake; I must be getting more fun to be around, maybe, so there I am overhearing rummors that I must write a real paper or two, just like everyone else (oh, but not alone - it wouldn't do)

I am certainly keeping your nudge to icecream & @missy 's glorious examples in mind !

-

Have a great week, everyone who has written & is reading!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies! Happy Tuesday. Quoting your posts so I don't mess up in responding. I have been having difficulty in doing the simplest tasks lately so this is the safest way. Of course sleeping less than 4 hours a night might have something to do with it. No worries though, I am OK. I am used to not sleeping right. Nothing new just a little bit extra lack of sleep these days.

@missy, so glad you got the green light on the older helmets, great news. I like the blue one you posted, looks good on you! Love the sparkly pics of the ocean, so pretty. The Jersey shore is such a fun place to be. How great you guys have been able to cycle so much.

Thanks Junie and I am so happy you are having a wonderful time in SC. You have the best of both worlds as well. No shortage of sparkly oceans and gorgeous beaches for us. I wish we could share it with all the NIRDIs and you all know you have an invitation here whenever you are in the area. As for the helmets I am responding to Marcy in detail but suffice to say I now only have the new blue one but have re-ordered the black one that Greg accidentally sent back last night.:oops2: Hope you enjoyed swimming and cycling and dinner out. It's a lovely way to spend the days. Enjoy dear Junie. Oh and I love bald eagles. So regal. When we were in Alaska in 1992 I saw a few and I believe at that time they were endangered. I hope they no longer are. Man is nature's worst enemy.:(2

So happy your kids are doing well. That is the best news and gives you peace of mind. You raised beautiful children Junie and it shows. Inside and out. Whoever marries into your family will be very fortunate indeed.

@missy Good morning girlie! politics is the bane of friendships I think. Sometimes I wish I never discussed my beliefs with many friends because many people I went to high school are conservative right wing.. it tainted my view of them and our friendship.. OOOH the pix of Louie is just adorable, you can see his attention getting ears! he wants you to say oooh what a good dog.. dogs just want ALL the attention ;-) ... ice cream, it looks so good.. I'm sure you guys get a lot of attention because you guys exude FANTASTIC love and in love, I love your selfie's of you and Greg Missy, you guys radiate happiness and love.. lucky us! Love those red shoes Missy, they look comfy.

Good morning sweet Kate the great. I hope you don't mind me quoting posts as I want to keep everything straight as to who said what so when I reply it makes sense lol. In the old days I could just read it and reply easily but now my brain is less sharp so need to refer to each post while replying. #gettingold #foggybrain

I am with you. I hate discussing politics. Those who agree with me well we are just preaching to the choir and those who don't it is a huge exercise in frustration. We are super liberal socially and more conservative financially. But I am registered as an independent and that is how I will stay. I dislike the 2 party system and I dislike politics in general. As I wrote before it's very dirty business and common sense is lost. We are on the same page politically I think but even if we weren't I don't choose friends based on politics. I have Republican friends and Democrat friends and so on and so forth.

You are so sweet. Thank you for all your lovely and generous compliments. I know I am always saying this to you but I feel the same about you. You exude warmth and love and generosity and all the things one strives to be. You have it all Kate. Lucky us. (((HUGS))).

Missy, I couldn’t have said it any better or different than you did about do what you want as long as it isn’t putting others at risk. Those idiots on their cell phones are way more dangerous to other people than someone who chooses not to wear a seat belt (or Porsches going over the speed limit). Marty is definitely enjoying the results from this weekend. He told me at breakfast he is going to do very light lifting every day this week but keep the blood flowing but not enough to strain anything in his back. Marty says thank you for the congrats. Glad you found some helmets that will work for you. Gorgeous pictures from your ride yesterday. Your ice cream / frozen treats look great and sweet of them to get you a new flavor; cherry has got to be awesome!

Smart man your dh. Easy does it and slow and steady. He knows what he is doing. Thank you for telling him congrats from us. About our helmets oy and lol. Greg graciously offered to send the helmets back that I did not want. So after our long bike ride yesterday he packed them up and went to UPS. Well after dinner last night I said where's my black Aeon helmet. One of the only two of the 8 I ordered that I liked. LOL He packed and sent that one back! He quickly left (it was like 7PM now) and went to UPS (a 15-20 minute drive each way so not super close) and it was too late. They already sent it off. OMG my life is like I Love Lucy and I know you get it Marcy. Sigh. And he didn't have the right packing slip either since I destroyed the receipts of the helmets I was keeping. Oops. I called them (all the bike places are on the west coast so they were all still open last night when he got back) and they tried to help but the customer service person I was talking with who was lovely said if we don't get a refund to call back with the RA number he just gave me. This will get messed up I am sure but what can we do? I spent like $1500 on helmets to try since I couldn't find any in stores near us and it would be nice to get refunds especially since I no longer have any but one. LOLOLOL. Anyway I was so frustrated last night I ordered 3 more.:lol: I think it is too late for me. No helmet can protect my addled brain.:confused2::P2::) Sorry for the book but I know you get it Marcy.

Woohoo to 5 days free of moaning Minnie and long may that continue. That's Negative Nellie right?

8F42C806-212E-46B8-B849-321D1B8E6F81.jpeg 1304857D-9037-4C49-A807-F9A5A6109451.jpeg
My hoops are here! I’m saying hoops because they are hoops not what I consider huggies....but they’re very pretty! I take horrible photos..I didn’t even take my shower and wash my hair..but here you go! They don’t look sparkly in the photos but they are!

I got my second package! This is too much excitement in one day! :lol:
6697C6FA-93D7-40D9-8BE1-09849D47D594.png

Oooh LOVE your new jewelry @Mamabean! Thank you for sharing with us. Blingy beautiful bright and brilliant. :kiss2: Love having some blingy good news and you deserve it Joanne! Congrats and wear in good health and blingy happiness.:appl:

Gorgeous scenery @missy, glad you got the helmets sorted out, and your new shoes look pretty jazzy too. Days must’ve had a bumper day with all those people queuing. I had a Skinny Cow ice cream bar when we got home from our walk yesterday, it’s been pretty hot this weekend. Thankfully a bit cooler today, but still lovely. At the rate you’re going, you’ll soon be up to 2000 miles! :shock: Love the doggies, they’re so cute. I did see your comment in the other thread, and I meant every word of it ;)2

Not sorted out :lol: but that's OK. Work in progress. See my reply to Marcy above. It was quite the hectic mess here yesterday evening. :oops2: I blame my thyroid brain but not sure of Greg's excuse. I love him but really if he had just explained to me he was confused this would not have happened. Men. :| I feel badly being upset at all with him though because he really does what he can to make me happy. He was cooking since 4AM this morning for me and he always does everything for me that he can. Why am I such a brat at times.:knockout: I think it's because some men can be so stubborn Greg included. I have met my stubborn match :wink2:

Yummy to your skinny cow ice cream. I said to Greg the only thing missing that would make my Days Dairy free ice cream perfect would be if it was sugar free as I don't do well with sugar but alas I don't think Dave's amazing ice cream comes sugar free and dairy free. Just one or the other so I am ingesting full sugar and full fat. Every single day. But you don't see me giving that up any time soon. 8)

@missy, I hope you are cycling and having a great time. Your weather has been wonderful.
Thanks Callie. It really has been and even though it is going to rain tomorrow and Thursday and maybe Saturday I cannot complain. We have been cycling for at least 3 weeks now and it has been mainly beautiful. Very pleased. Now I hope your weather continues to be nice and no more nasty rain etc. You guys had a rough winter and I am sorry you lost so many plants etc. Cannot wait to see what you have bought and done with your garden. I know it will be beautiful.

The walk in the hills was fun as these ever are (doesn't it show what makes me happy...) This could have been a great day for taking pictures, but they'd take more thinking than I could possibly do; at the end of the day I turned the phone to the thickest swarm of flowers & asked them to pose. Then, Monday went - somewhere.

Just as well that I have finished the difficult letters Sunday morning, just before setting out for the walk. It looks like this week I'll be in the slow lane - conference calls & other trivia & come what may.

I am certainly keeping your nudge to icecream & @missy 's glorious examples in mind !

Your walk in the hills sounds glorious. Makes me envision The Sound of Music LOL. The days are flying by here as well. I am glad you finished your difficult letters and hope you do enjoy ice cream. Good luck with your CCs and other miscellaneous stuff.

@Slick1 good morning! I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday and sending you hugs and healing vibes.

We had a very long cycling day yesterday (70 miles) and a very hectic evening (helmet fiasco). Will share photos in a bit but I must get reinforcements. More coffee and food. I am always hungry lately. See you in a bit girls. Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So we had an exhilarating day cycling yesterday. Lots of fun and adventures.

Saw the sweetest turtle first thing in the AM when starting the ride. A very good omen. We love turtles. He looked to be very old.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.08.35 AM.png
Long Branch such a crisp photo thank you anonymous lovely couple who took our photo.
Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.08.22 AM.png

Photo in Spring Lake. A bit hazier here. But got the bike in this one at least partly. It's a long bike haha.
Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.08.04 AM.png

I had fun with the pantascopic function on my iPhone.

In Manasquan
Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.07.06 AM.png

Where Greg had his first slice of pizza this year so far. It was, according to my dh, DELICIOUS.
#wishIcouldhavepizza
Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.06.38 AM.png
It's a jersey legend this place.
You can see he is enjoying it very much.:lickout:
pizzaonbeach.png

We got to ride the boardwalk though technically no bikes allowed after 10AM. We ran into a few other cyclists who said it is OK beginning of June on a weekday. But once the summer starts in full force we plan on staying off the boardwalks. It's a treat however to ride them when they are empty. Sweet. And it is where Greg's fave pizza place is on the Jersey Shore so...
Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.06.25 AM.png

And of course we enjoyed Days a few hours later.

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.06.11 AM.png

Reached the PS 10 photo limit per post so will share a few more next post. Hope you are enjoying the photos.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.07.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.07.55 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.07.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 6.07.06 AM.png
    387.4 KB · Views: 15

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next photos are clouds. Lovely soft fluffy clouds. I want to eat them they look so yummy and light.

cloudsoverbeach.png

cloudscloseup.png

Pantascopic Long Branch...you can see Greg in this photo
longbranchpantascopic.png

We rode into Sandy Hook on the way back. So pretty here.
sandyhookjune2019.png

pantascopicsandyhook.png

and ended the ride at 70 miles. Whew. Still the day flew by.
70milesjune2019.png

Busy day today. HVAC guys coming and so is our cleaning crew. It's going to be stressful for our kitties and just hope it goes smoothly.
Have a wonderful day girls and big (((hugs))) to all of you. Hope everyone is doing well and just want to say hello to
@Keeliamira, @ringo865 and @canuk-gal and @CJ2008.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Oh Marcy I am so sorry to read a good friend of yours was killed. My sister was driving her teeny little Honda Civic in 1982 and she hit a buck head on, she was lucky she lived, deer can be seriously damaging to human life and cars and bikes. My heart to yours Marcy a very very sad thing to have to have happen to a friend and to you. Let me just say, I too am OCD and as soon as company leaves I'm cleaning, I like my world in order :) glad you had a nice visit!

@junebug17 I know your DD is probably counting the minutes, when my sister taught by this time of the year she was so ready it was ridiculous :) she moved into becoming a superintendent as the years flew by.. miss her like I would miss my arm, just don't feel complete. Oh well. sorry to be Deb the Downer there :( so DS is dating a person, as mom's we hope our son's find life partners, I know I do, now Mike at 31 is married and has a baby but CJ nope he's dated but at 27 there is no one of lasting interest to him. Hope your flights are good, it's already Tuesday!

@Mamabean Joanne, I LOVE YOUR POSTS, you are positively one of the most cheery people I know. I love how you take care of your family, that is wonderful. You bring out the best! So the postman thinks you are looney? hah! that's because you are probably the FIRST customer who has spoken to him in eons, it's nice to do. OH I LOVE YOUR Huggie/Hoops! they are gorgeous stunning and beautiful and they look wonderful on you!!! jeeze louise, he did an awesome job!!! :love::love: and your pendant is wonderful, I love it, I need a neck shot or more pix! it's lovely, your taste like all of us NIRDI's is perfect. Hope everyone is well and happy your why lovely lady!

@Austina I hope your visit with Shirley will go happily well, maybe seeing you and Colin will be hepful for her. I hope so. Adam should be having surgery soon right ? I think you are right Austina, Ever will suit me perfectly! I can't wait.. I changed the size from 7 to 7.25, 7.25 is a bit too large for my left but fits my right, when I talked with Becca about this she said she found sizing beads uncomfortable so I will wait and see, when we move back to central Texas my hands will get fatter just from the heat!. I too am with you on the cleaning after company.. I can't do it fast enough, and if I don't I think about it ha!.

@Calliecake Hi Callie sweetie!!! I considered 2 carats huge, I mean really boulders! but now I consider 4 carats huge hahahaha! My husband said all the stones to me are just stepping stones to the next one! he's such a jokster.. :) ha! Callie I too think perhaps they want grandma there asap.. it's grueling to have a baby cry all the time, I should know because I REMEMBER. He wants us there yesterday especially since he does not want Autie in daycare before she has he MMR shots and that is 1 year old AND he does not want Cara to quit her whole job, she is going down t part time, she's a pharmacy tech. But we will get there when we do. :) and YES our husbands know, I swore up and down that the last ring I wanted was the 3 stoner! okay I didn't realize it would only take a year to want a bigger ACA.. He knew though.

Hi @AV_ thank you. My posts are too long and I know it but girl I am a NY talker.. Your pictures are perfection AV and I mean that, your talent shows in the beautiful way you capture the flower or tree or sky.. very beautiful. I stopped reading twitter! because all I read was crap about Trump so I decided only FB once in a while and I go to IG several times a day and I come here. (and I read people magazine because I do crossword puzzles! ;-) ) the papers you write I am sure are read, it's just tough, in the I have heard this saying when it comes to professors in college; 'pubish or perish', which means you get fired if you don't continually write published papers, a real real drag.. My aunt was a prof and she decided not to continue the race and retired to teach as an instructor at a Community College, she was happier but poorer. More pix when you have some time I hope!!

@missy I am sad to read that you can't get enough sleep, wish you could, I KNOW you do your best to compensate and did I ever tell you? probaby not, but I admire that Missy, I don't know what I would be like with a serious thyroid issue.. probably a bitch. :) your ice cream and that pizza - Jersey pizza, looks delicious, glad Greg enjoyed it and your pictures are beautiful Missy just beautiful.. Like you. xoxoxoxoxo

I gotta go as John and I are having DATE NITE.. and are going out to eat at a greek restaurant in Portland! I send love to you all and my latest pix of Autumn Marie!

Autie6419.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, Marty does seem more relaxed this week. One of the gyms he coaches at wants him to host some classes and put up and maintain a white board with personal best lifts. That will be nice for him. I took my shoes back this afternoon. I wore them yesterday and my legs got achy and I felt like I was walking around in slippers. This morning I was getting dressed and noticed the length of those shoes to my feet didn’t quite match; turns out she gave me men’s shoes in the size that would have fit me in women’s size. My feet didn’t grow after all. I got some women’s shoes tonight and they seem to fit me better. I’ll try them out tomorrow. I enjoy going out for breakfast too. Thank you about my friend was killed 20 years ago; I’ve kept in close contact with her sister and that has helped both of us. Glad you are enjoying your vacation.

Junebug and Kate, it’s fun to be nice to grouchy people. Maybe they’ll get the hint.

AV, glad you had a lovely walk. Good luck this week and relax when you can.

Missy, I hope you get some extra sleep tonight. I am sneezing like crazy from allergies; I keep startling myself and waking up Marty. Oh no what a Lucy situation with the helmets; we do things like that because one of us takes care of something for the other one and then does the wrong thing. The last big one I pulled is when we bought a new color laser printer. We had an ink jet and color laser printer upstairs so I asked Marty which one he wanted for his office. I swear he said the older color laser so I gave a friend of ours the ink jet - turns out that is the one he wanted. Oh well. I hope you get credit for all of the returned helmets. Sweet dreams tonight maybe count OEC diamonds until you drift off. BTW, Marty will be in Manhattan next week. I’ll tell him to wave at you. Gorgeous photos from yesterday. Greg’s pizza looks quite delicious. I hope the kitties didn’t mind the cleaning crew and HVAC guys. Yes Moaning Minnie is Negative Nellie. She was there today.

Kate, thank you about my friend. We were kindred spirits and very close; we were quite the pair in college. I have kept close with her sister and family but of course miss her 20 years after her accident. I know you miss your sister all the time as well; hugs to you. Marty thinks I’m too OCD about cleaning things up but I can’t stand not to get up and take care of things. Speaking of college friends I was popular at parties because I’d always clean up before I left. I have heard sizing beads are uncomfortable too. Stepping stones; too funny! John is too funny. Have fun on date night. That picture of sweet Autie can melt your heart. What a cutie.

I took off work an hour early to go exchange my shoes. I got a new pair of Saucony in the size I have been wearing; I am glad my feet didn’t grow a size and a half after all. I am so achy from lifting, overextending my knee, walking and standing so much in the last week it is hard to tell how comfortable my new shoes are but they seemed fine in the store. As my dad said being old isn’t for sissies. My right knee is better but I didn’t for over 2 hours today doing a project this morning so when I stood up I thought my right knee was going to give out on me, it was quite agitated for a while.
Marty had a meeting with the manager at one of the gyms he coaches at and she wants him to offer some classes and maintain a white board with member’s lifting records. Cool that he’ll get more exposure that way.

Mamabean, are you enjoying your new earrings and pendant? I dug out my Etoile band to wear today to celebrate with you.

Take care.
Marcy notsobigfootafterall

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Marty and I ran out and looked at a place he is considering renting for a strength training place ... I enjoyed my long weekend and didn't think about work at all which made me think ooh it would be nice to retire.

Marty is just starting & you are talking of retiring ... Just coincidence?

I sure do struggle to take work out of my mind (Holidays accomplish this miracle a few times of year, but Sundays are unreliable!) so I will keep in mind your benchmark for retirement. I hope I'll get to say 'enough' like that instead of any other way to finish.

Quoting your posts so I don't mess up in responding.
... sleeping less than 4 hours a night might have something to do with it. No worries though, I am OK. I am used to not sleeping right. Nothing new just a little bit extra lack of sleep these days.

Good morning! (3.32 am) I've given up on formal sleep hours - the idea of being around while the sun is up seems entirely absurd lately... but, I do sleep the expected length of time to say the least. I do not recall to have ever kept common sense hours & the older I get, the more difficult to will body into anything - including some degree of timeliness. One day I might dare ask how did you get to know about your T3.

Of course I always quote posts then edit - this is how NIRDI is way more pleasure than it is work ,)

... my sister ... miss her like I would miss my arm, just don't feel complete. Oh well. sorry to be Deb the Downer there

Hi @AV_ I stopped reading twitter! because all I read was crap about Trump so I decided only FB once in a while and I go to IG several times a day and I come here. (and I read people magazine because I do crossword puzzles! ) the papers you write I am sure are read, it's just tough, in the I have heard this saying when it comes to professors in college; 'publish or perish', which means you get fired if you don't continually write published papers, a real real drag.. My aunt was a prof and she decided not to continue the race and retired to teach as an instructor at a Community College, she was happier but poorer. More pix when you have some time I hope!!

If this is how you treat pen friends, I could not immagine how close you could be to a good sister ,(((

Of papers ... well, of course they are not read - this is why I am writing so many letters. Teaching is a much better career here which means there is lotta white knuckle fight into it which is why I am not teaching.

News - I read too many: too few make no sense and zero is too terrifying. I have prunned a patch of Twitter down to reporting which is not much of it all. Compared to what I know of where I am or have been, news of a place are so very flimsy & patchy; not that I wish they told more - life belongs to who lives it, even public life has its public & am too far to count for most. I am reading news to hear every day that distant things do not, in fact, have consequences - with measly, laborious exceptions, less often good than Hell.

Of course it is a pleasure to picture this place. I might as well do more - after all, I am working on a thing that does take reasonably good shots!

digressing: I haven't tried more than five crossword puzzles all in all ... & but, I have known one world class afficionado & I am in awe with the art!

cofeef

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Wednesday!

@Tekate awww Autumn is so precious. What a darling face. :kiss2: I feel her happiness radiating through the screen. What a sweetheart.:kiss2: She is indeed a cutie as the pillow below her states. And love the pillow too. Giraffes rule. Thank you for sharing her sweet photo with us.:appl:
I hope you and John enjoyed an amazing date night last night. I love Greek food. In fact one of my favorite NYC restaurants is Greek and it is generally my number one pick. What did you order last night? Hope you guys had a wonderful evening out. (((Hugs))).

By the way your posts are not too long at all. Please continue chatting as much as you like. I love reading what you share and enjoy your company here very much. But as you know I can talk with the best of them and yes my posts do go on and on and on...I always figure if someone doesn't feel like reading all that I am sharing they can just skip it. I do not take it personally at all. Know I read everything you write here Kate the Great. My mind may not retain it all :ugeek: but I try. And I always enjoy hearing what you are saying.:halo:

@marcy I know you get it and oh no to the Laser Printer fiasco. I could totally see us in that very same situation and you hit the proverbial nail on the head as to why it happens. But it comes from a good place of wanting to help. Yes we are so I Love Lucy though sometimes I don't love how Lucy I am haha. How did you resolve the ink jet issue? I did sleep better last night thanks for asking. Oh I am sorry we are missing Marty next week. We could have met him for dinner if we weren't still going to be at the beach...does he want to take a ferry ride to the Jersey Shore?:cool2: If you were joining him we would have made it work and met you guys. Maybe next visit???:dance: I want to give you a big hug in person. You are a gem Marcy.

I am sorry your knees are acting up but glad you are lifting and the knees are feeling a bit better yesterday. Your dad is so right. Aging is not for sissies.
When I wore sneakers I wore Brooks and Saucony sneakers so very similar to what you wear. Glad your foot didn't grow. Mine did. In my twenties my feet were a size 8 then in my thirties they were a size 9 and now I wear a 9.5 and in cycling shoes a 10. LOLOL. Soon I will be over the max size that is offered in women's shoes. Oh no.:o 8)

Ugh to Moaning Millie aka Negative Nellie being back yesterday. I hope the rest of your week goes smoothly despite her return. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ I am glad you sleep the expected amount of hours despite them not being the usual hours of sleep. As long as you are sleeping the sufficient quantity and quality that is really what matters. Your schedule is your own and you should continue doing what works for you. Please feel free to ask me anything. As for the free T3 my blood work shows I am hypothyroid with Hashimoto's so the doctors needed to know what my free T3 is and it is below the lab normal. One wants to be in the upper fourth/top 25% of the lab normal range and I am quite below it -so very hypo indeed. I have always been borderline hypothyroid since a teenager but never treated (what did I know, I listened to the doctors) because I felt OK and my doctors were of the belief not to bother treating if I didn't exhibit symptoms. But I always slept poorly so that is one symptom (over active adrenals due to underachieve thyroid). Anyway over time my adrenals and thyroid just kept getting worse and as you know one's thyroid controls almost every function in the body so is critical to good health. LOL there you go I tried to answer your question without really even knowing the specific question you're asking. Please don't hesitate if you need different details or further explanation. I feel OK besides the sleep issue. Yesterday I was struggling to keep my eyes open for the first half of the bike ride. It was not pleasant but after ice cream I perked up.:bigsmile:

I so enjoy the photos you share and agree life is for the living! I say grab each moment and enjoy the heck out of it as the moment is all we know we have for sure. So much wisdom for so early in the AM.8-)

@Slick1 how are you? Midweek and the end of the school year is nearing...woohoo countdown is on.:read:

@Mamabean are you wearing and enjoying your beautiful new bling?

The HVAC guy came late yesterday and I was annoyed and Greg was very stern with him when he said it was traffic. He was 80 minutes late. Greg said don't give us the dog ate your homework excuse. LOL I would have felt sorry for the guy except I didn't because he was so late and really not apologetic. And then our cleaning crew came and luckily the HVAC guy was almost done so that worked out OK but there was overlap which I did not want. And there were 6 in the cleaning crew omg. That is the most people Maria ever brought with her. We left on our bike ride and they were finished in an hour and a half with cleaning. That is the way to do it. Bring the full crew and get out of there quickly. We turned back after they left to check on the kitties for (my) peace of mind and we found them all hiding in our bed haha. Then we left again and headed South again. I don't mind that we went 18 miles out of our way by turning back to check on them as it is very traumatizing to our cats to have strangers in the house cleaning and as you know the cleaning crew is very disruptive. Vacuuming, mopping, dusting etc. So it was worth my peace of mind for sure. And then we headed back out South and had Days ice cream and turned around and came home.

daysinjune.png

And I did take a photo of more beautiful scenery for you lovely ladies. It's incredibly picturesque here but my photos do not do the shore justice.

bayshoretrainjune2019.png

An abbreviated bike ride because we started 2 hours later than our normal bike ride. But ended up cycling 55 miles so a decent ride in my book plus the winds were still super strong (past few days) so we got a good workout in.
55miles.png

and we checked the total miles so far this season and woohoo not bad.

1500miles.png

And when we got back one of my new helmets had been delivered and I am keeping it so yay another new helmet.

sworkshelmet.png

And a lovely evening ensued. Shower, bath, laundering all the cycling clothes and towels (as I do every day after a ride) and then a wonderful dinner. A pretty good day. And Tommy entertained us with his acrobatics too.

They love to hang out on our grandfather clock lol
tommyandbobbyonclock.png

Hmm what is going on outside
tommyandbobbyonclock.jpeg.png
Let me investigate
tommymidleap.png
Our Tommy is a huge jumper. He can jump up over 6 feet and he is fearless. Some of you might remember he broke his tail many years ago by being the fearless wild animal that he is. LOVE our sweet Tommy but he is the cat equivalent to I Love Lucy.:P2

Have a wonderful day ladies. (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Before PS I would’ve considered 1ct to be big, funny how our perceptions change @Calliecake I blame you all for making me a size ho! :lol: I’m hoping things will be reasonably normal when we visit in a few weeks.

Hope you have a safe journey home @junebug17 . Does your DS tell you about his g/f or is he very tight lipped? It was always like getting blood out of a stone with Adam :mrgreen2:

@Mamabean you’ve had a great blingy week, your pendant is just perfect, wear it in good health.

Oh dear to Greg sending back the wrong right helmet :lol: At least you’ve got another, and it looks great. You’re soon going to be hitting the 2000 mile mark at the rate you’re going! I bought some gluten free pizza crusts last week, I was half expecting them to taste like cardboard, but they were actually really good :mrgreen: Aww, the pusskats look so cute keeping guard over the beach, and what a great action shot of Tommy. How’s Francesca doing these days?

That’s sounds promising for Marty re the gym @marcy, I hope it works out for him. I had to laugh at your big foot comment, but glad you got the right shoes in the end. I have the opposite problem, I have little pixie feet.

Autumn is growing so quickly @Tekate, I bet you can’t wait to get back there for cuddles. It’s Colin who needs the surgery, but he’s not in any pain, so he’s doing fine at the moment.

Sounds like you’re listening to your body rhythms @AV_ and a song as you’re getting sleep, it doesn’t really matter when.

We’re having one of those weeks! I mentioned our satellite TV is playing up, picture keeps freezing, fracturing and the sound is going on and off. I rang for them to come and fix it on Saturday, and they can’t come till Friday. Of course, today it’s been fine, but I’m not cancelling the appt, because I just know it’ll go wrong again if I do.

Yesterday I noticed water on the kitchen floor, I’ve traced the problem back to our instant hot water tap, but boy, was it a job to get the kickboards under the units off. Turns out the hot water reservoirs don’t last long - of course they don’t tell you that when you buy their very expensive product. The cost of the replacement tank is getting on for the price of the whole system, so we’re debating what to do. In the meantime, I’ve turned off the water & electric supply to it.

This afternoon whilst cleaning, I discovered that our downstairs cloakroom toilet is leaking! Cleared that up, and cut the water supply to it.

What else can go wrong? :(sad

I hope everyone else is having a better day :lol: :wavey:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Sorry it’s been a bit NIRDIs. Last week was crazy leading up to my surgery and being off work. I was at the office until after 7 Monday night to get things in order.

My hysterectomy was Tuesday and I just got home a couple of hours ago. Sadly, I tried to catch up on the posts I missed but I literally can’t see the words without them swimming around, but I’m glad for the medication they have me on. Surgery went well and I kept my ovaries. They did find something in my right tube that is going to be tested, along with everything else. Thankfully I’m not in too much pain now, but waking in recovery was horrible. It took them over an hour to get the drugs to even tough the pain. I can’t get over how bad it was! :cry2:

On the Dh front, he’s still negotiating with the company but hopes to have things wrapped up this week. We put an offer in on a house that is just perfect! The seller accepted so now we’re just waiting on the final job negotiations. Here a few phots of my new kitchen...I can’t wait to cook in it!

9238073E-83B2-4B2E-B542-BB225AE6E954.jpeg 12C48F32-7C1C-49CE-BB0A-7997F1E63DBD.jpeg C62B6DF3-C0E2-41E3-8AEC-74734D9929CA.jpeg

@Mamabean you new earrings and necklace are soooo yummy! Enjoy!

@Tekate that last picture of Autie is absolutely adorable!!

@missy, as per usual, your photos are divine!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry it’s been a bit NIRDIs. Last week was crazy leading up to my surgery and being off work. I was at the office until after 7 Monday night to get things in order.

My hysterectomy was Tuesday and I just got home a couple of hours ago. Sadly, I tried to catch up on the posts I missed but I literally can’t see the words without them swimming around, but I’m glad for the medication they have me on. Surgery went well and I kept my ovaries. They did find something in my right tube that is going to be tested, along with everything else. Thankfully I’m not in too much pain now, but waking in recovery was horrible. It took them over an hour to get the drugs to even tough the pain. I can’t get over how bad it was! :cry2:

On the Dh front, he’s still negotiating with the company but hopes to have things wrapped up this week. We put an offer in on a house that is just perfect! The seller accepted so now we’re just waiting on the final job negotiations. Here a few phots of my new kitchen...I can’t wait to cook in it!

9238073E-83B2-4B2E-B542-BB225AE6E954.jpeg 12C48F32-7C1C-49CE-BB0A-7997F1E63DBD.jpeg C62B6DF3-C0E2-41E3-8AEC-74734D9929CA.jpeg

@Mamabean you new earrings and necklace are soooo yummy! Enjoy!

@Tekate that last picture of Autie is absolutely adorable!!

@missy, as per usual, your photos are divine!
@Keeliamira I’m sending you a big hug! I hope you feel better soon. I don’t like that you’re in pain...:(2 Keep taking your medication on schedule to keep the pain tolerable. If you delay it then it’s hard to get the pain back in control. I’ve had lots of surgeries and I learned the hard way not to let the pain come out. Depending on what they give you for pain you may develop a little problem if you know what I mean. Call the doctor right away to ask what you can take to prevent that. TMI but it’s not something you want to have happen after surgery.
Your kitchen is gorgeous! Is this the kitchen in the hot dog house? Why do you call it that? It more like the filet mignon house! :lol:
Thank you for liking my new bling...:kiss2:
Feel better soon!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! Happy Wednesday!

@Tekate awww Autumn is so precious. What a darling face. :kiss2: I feel her happiness radiating through the screen. What a sweetheart.:kiss2: She is indeed a cutie as the pillow below her states. And love the pillow too. Giraffes rule. Thank you for sharing her sweet photo with us.:appl:
I hope you and John enjoyed an amazing date night last night. I love Greek food. In fact one of my favorite NYC restaurants is Greek and it is generally my number one pick. What did you order last night? Hope you guys had a wonderful evening out. (((Hugs))).

By the way your posts are not too long at all. Please continue chatting as much as you like. I love reading what you share and enjoy your company here very much. But as you know I can talk with the best of them and yes my posts do go on and on and on...I always figure if someone doesn't feel like reading all that I am sharing they can just skip it. I do not take it personally at all. Know I read everything you write here Kate the Great. My mind may not retain it all :ugeek: but I try. And I always enjoy hearing what you are saying.:halo:

@marcy I know you get it and oh no to the Laser Printer fiasco. I could totally see us in that very same situation and you hit the proverbial nail on the head as to why it happens. But it comes from a good place of wanting to help. Yes we are so I Love Lucy though sometimes I don't love how Lucy I am haha. How did you resolve the ink jet issue? I did sleep better last night thanks for asking. Oh I am sorry we are missing Marty next week. We could have met him for dinner if we weren't still going to be at the beach...does he want to take a ferry ride to the Jersey Shore?:cool2: If you were joining him we would have made it work and met you guys. Maybe next visit???:dance: I want to give you a big hug in person. You are a gem Marcy.

I am sorry your knees are acting up but glad you are lifting and the knees are feeling a bit better yesterday. Your dad is so right. Aging is not for sissies.
When I wore sneakers I wore Brooks and Saucony sneakers so very similar to what you wear. Glad your foot didn't grow. Mine did. In my twenties my feet were a size 8 then in my thirties they were a size 9 and now I wear a 9.5 and in cycling shoes a 10. LOLOL. Soon I will be over the max size that is offered in women's shoes. Oh no.:o 8)

Ugh to Moaning Millie aka Negative Nellie being back yesterday. I hope the rest of your week goes smoothly despite her return. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ I am glad you sleep the expected amount of hours despite them not being the usual hours of sleep. As long as you are sleeping the sufficient quantity and quality that is really what matters. Your schedule is your own and you should continue doing what works for you. Please feel free to ask me anything. As for the free T3 my blood work shows I am hypothyroid with Hashimoto's so the doctors needed to know what my free T3 is and it is below the lab normal. One wants to be in the upper fourth/top 25% of the lab normal range and I am quite below it -so very hypo indeed. I have always been borderline hypothyroid since a teenager but never treated (what did I know, I listened to the doctors) because I felt OK and my doctors were of the belief not to bother treating if I didn't exhibit symptoms. But I always slept poorly so that is one symptom (over active adrenals due to underachieve thyroid). Anyway over time my adrenals and thyroid just kept getting worse and as you know one's thyroid controls almost every function in the body so is critical to good health. LOL there you go I tried to answer your question without really even knowing the specific question you're asking. Please don't hesitate if you need different details or further explanation. I feel OK besides the sleep issue. Yesterday I was struggling to keep my eyes open for the first half of the bike ride. It was not pleasant but after ice cream I perked up.:bigsmile:

I so enjoy the photos you share and agree life is for the living! I say grab each moment and enjoy the heck out of it as the moment is all we know we have for sure. So much wisdom for so early in the AM.8-)

@Slick1 how are you? Midweek and the end of the school year is nearing...woohoo countdown is on.:read:

@Mamabean are you wearing and enjoying your beautiful new bling?

The HVAC guy came late yesterday and I was annoyed and Greg was very stern with him when he said it was traffic. He was 80 minutes late. Greg said don't give us the dog ate your homework excuse. LOL I would have felt sorry for the guy except I didn't because he was so late and really not apologetic. And then our cleaning crew came and luckily the HVAC guy was almost done so that worked out OK but there was overlap which I did not want. And there were 6 in the cleaning crew omg. That is the most people Maria ever brought with her. We left on our bike ride and they were finished in an hour and a half with cleaning. That is the way to do it. Bring the full crew and get out of there quickly. We turned back after they left to check on the kitties for (my) peace of mind and we found them all hiding in our bed haha. Then we left again and headed South again. I don't mind that we went 18 miles out of our way by turning back to check on them as it is very traumatizing to our cats to have strangers in the house cleaning and as you know the cleaning crew is very disruptive. Vacuuming, mopping, dusting etc. So it was worth my peace of mind for sure. And then we headed back out South and had Days ice cream and turned around and came home.

daysinjune.png

And I did take a photo of more beautiful scenery for you lovely ladies. It's incredibly picturesque here but my photos do not do the shore justice.

bayshoretrainjune2019.png

An abbreviated bike ride because we started 2 hours later than our normal bike ride. But ended up cycling 55 miles so a decent ride in my book plus the winds were still super strong (past few days) so we got a good workout in.
55miles.png

and we checked the total miles so far this season and woohoo not bad.

1500miles.png

And when we got back one of my new helmets had been delivered and I am keeping it so yay another new helmet.

sworkshelmet.png

And a lovely evening ensued. Shower, bath, laundering all the cycling clothes and towels (as I do every day after a ride) and then a wonderful dinner. A pretty good day. And Tommy entertained us with his acrobatics too.

They love to hang out on our grandfather clock lol
tommyandbobbyonclock.png

Hmm what is going on outside
tommyandbobbyonclock.jpeg.png
Let me investigate
tommymidleap.png
Our Tommy is a huge jumper. He can jump up over 6 feet and he is fearless. Some of you might remember he broke his tail many years ago by being the fearless wild animal that he is. LOVE our sweet Tommy but he is the cat equivalent to I Love Lucy.:P2

Have a wonderful day ladies. (((Hugs))).
Your poor kitties! I have to put Bailey in our basement rec room while they clean upstairs. He gets so upset...We sit does there with him while they bang around and clean upstairs. Tommy is a rascal! I love that photo of him jumping off your grandfather clock! Super kitty! :love:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Mamabean said:
I’m sending you a big hug! I hope you feel better soon. I don’t like that you’re in pain...:(2 Keep taking your medication on schedule to keep the pain tolerable. If you delay it then it’s hard to get the pain back in control. I’ve had lots of surgeries and I learned the hard way not to let the pain come out. Depending on what they give you for pain you may develop a little problem if you know what I mean. Call the doctor right away to ask what you can take to prevent that. TMI but it’s not something you want to have happen after surgery.
Your kitchen is gorgeous! Is this the kitchen in the hot dog house? Why do you call it that? It more like the filet mignon house! :lol:
Thank you for liking my new bling...:kiss2:
Feel better soon!

Thanks for the well wishes. I’m definitely going to keep ahead of the pain.
The phots are not from Hot Dog House. We passed on that one and found this one for 50k less and it’s perfect for us! Hot Dog House earned its name because every wall was painted mustard yellow and the floors were stained the most horrific catsup up red :lol: we would have had to do quite a bit of work before moving in. The filet mignon house (I def like the sound of that better) was a realtor flip and literally everything has been redone...all bathrooms and kitchen, floors, etc. and it doesn’t need a thing. We are toying with bumping out the master bed and bath though. The property is a great corner lot with two basket ball courts and a diving pool, parking for several RVs and space to build a two bedroom casita. It’s sooo good.:love:[/QUOTE]

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes. I’m definitely going to keep ahead of the pain.
The phots are not from Hot Dog House. We passed on that one and found this one for 50k less and it’s perfect for us! Hot Dog House earned its name because every wall was painted mustard yellow and the floors were stained the most horrific catsup up red :lol: we would have had to do quite a bit of work before moving in. The filet mignon house (I def like the sound of that better) was a realtor flip and literally everything has been redone...all bathrooms and kitchen, floors, etc. and it doesn’t need a thing. We are toying with bumping out the master bed and bath though. The property is a great corner lot with two basket ball courts and a diving pool, parking for several RVs and space to build a two bedroom casita. It’s sooo good.:love:
[/QUOTE]
Ooooooooh! I hope you post photos as you get things decorated! It sounds gorgeous! The children must be sooo excited!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I am older than Marty so I will definitely retire before he does. He isn’t quitting his full time job (we couldn’t live off his coaching income) but he wants to have his own little gym. Oh no that Sunday’s can be stressful for you. I hope you can retire whenever you want to; if I wasn’t working it would certainly crimp our lifestyle. I get easily bored but I would love having a job that wasn’t as stressful as the one I have now. You sound like a night owl. I used to be able to stay up till dawn but now I’m usually in bed by 10:30.

Missy, I’m okay with us being Lucy; she enjoyed life, right? Marty ended up with the old color laser printer downstairs and we gave our friends the color ink jet. The laser printer is cheaper to use anyway. Marty may be there a few times; this is the initial visit with the client so maybe it will work out sometime to meet up. Who knows, maybe I could tag along sometime. Ooh. It would be awesome to meet up with you and Greg in person. I have generally had great luck with Brooks and Saucony too. My feet have grown a few times but I didn’t think they’d grown that much if at all. I did wear the new shoes today; I’ve had some aches and pains off and on walking but I would imagine it takes a few days for my feet to adjust to a new platform. I’ll see how they feel in the morning; I may switch off and on every other day. I am glad you got in 55 miles today in spite of a late start. Good idea to go back and check on the kitties after the cleaning crew left. Too cute they were all on the bed. I love that the kitties like to hang out on top of the grandfather clock. Tommy is quite a jumper. Your ice looks delicious and beautiful pictures as always. I like your new red helmet and that’s great you like it.

Austina, one of our local pizzerias has really good gluten free pizza; my nephew always wants to order pizza when he is up here because he likes it the best of the one has tried. Marty wears size 14 shoes and I told him I’d be mixing up my shoes with his soon. Do you have trouble finding shoes for your small feet? Darn that your satellite TV is freezing - my guess is the dish has moved a little bit or one of the receivers in it has gone bad. (Yes, satellite TV is one of my areas of expertise). Good idea to have them come check everything out. When we were having internet issues - slow speeds or dropping - they found one of the cable adapters has the wrong number of ports. Crazy stuff. Oh no to issues with your hot water tap. Sounds expensive to fix. Our refrigerator door can heat water in a few minutes; I’ve rarely used it - you can heat it to three different temperatures. Oh no finding the toilet is leaking too. Phooey.

Keeliamira, wishing you a speedy recovery. Sorry you were in so much pain when you woke up in recovery. Your new kitchen looks fabulous. I love it.

Mamabean, I am with you Keeliamira’s kitchen is more filet mignon than a hot dog. It’s gorgeous. Are you enjoying your pretty new earrings and pendant?

A friend of mine took me out for a belated birthday lunch so we had a nice time.

When I got home tonight our neighbor’s kids and the kids from across the street were drawing on our sidewalk and driveway. They hadn’t made a mark on their yards so I asked - does that wash off? They didn’t know. So then I asked then why are you coloring on our sidewalk? They didn’t answer me. Their older brother was out washing it off about 30 minutes later. Now I’ll be know as the mean old lady in the neighborhood.

Marty grilled steaks and potatoes for supper then we both went down and lifted.

I am sore tonight. The new shoes aggravated my feet in spots and occasionally; I noticed even an ankle was agitated. I’ll used a shoe that pushes my foot out for 20 years and then switched to one that doesn’t do that; it could work but it probably will take a while. I really notice muscles in my calfs and shins from it. My knee is still tweaked and still. I did 2 loads of laundry, changed our bed sheets tonight and lifted so I am resting the rest of the evening. I put our microfiber sheets back on the bed. We had the cotton jersey sheets on for 2 days and both of us woke up in the middle of the night because we were too hot.

Take care.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Keeliamira Good to hear surgery is behind you, and a properly colored house ahead. I can only immagine that the pain medication will keep you occupied for days ,(( ... & it is fantastic that you can already poke fun at it here!

@AV_ Please feel free to ask me anything. ... One [doc.] wants to be in the upper fourth/top 25% of the lab normal range and I am quite below it. I have always been borderline hypothyroid since a teenager but never treated (what did I know, I listened to the doctors) because I felt OK and my doctors were of the belief not to bother treating if I didn't exhibit symptoms. But I always slept poorly so that is one symptom (over active adrenals due to underachieve thyroid). Anyway over time my adrenals and thyroid just kept getting worse ... LOL there you go I tried to answer your question without really even knowing the specific question you're asking. [Ouch!] ... I was struggling to keep my eyes open for the first half of the bike ride. It was not pleasant but after ice cream I perked up.

Thank you for the story... I was wondering if you had known to be hypothyroid younger, so now I know. There is some congenital thyroidism in my clan, but no one alive feels it enough to address, then, local medical standard wisdom of whom / why / when / how to treat is quite inconsistent too.
I am certainly treating tiredeness, anxiety & all with icecream - where a round of treatment involves getting the thing at the middle of an afternoon of walking through Granada (highly recommendend, for any reason whatsoever - or no reason).
Changing subject, yours is a very well used grandfather clock... - & cat jumps are such a spectacle - the most impossible flights of fancy! Justas well that your flier has his favorite loggia set on high ,) - so there is a show of jumps often enough; a much nicer arrangement, dare I say.
-

Happy to be starting the day here! - at my usual ungodly hours (thank you all for the encouragement! ,) ), but this means geting practicalities done by early afternoon & catching up with the city at its brightest hours in the middle of the week. I know I'll be on local time in days just letting things go as they go.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results