shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Hey I have internet! I'm alive and boy this has been one helluva situation. We had electricity and then it would go off, our sinks, commodes and pool stuff froze, John was out there moving ice around, luckily John had ordered two little teeny heaters and he put one in the water pump shed and that was a life saver, we never had a burst pipe (yet going down to 15F tonite they say, but we had -1F at one time).. My son Mike has no water and hasn't had it in days, but they did get 9 bottles of water and they are boiling snow if must be, but they have heat.. This all reminds me of Hurricane Fran in 96 in Raleigh, what a clusterf--- that was too.

I'll be back in a few hours, it's nice to read, even our Verizon phones were iffy, but a special thanks and HUG to Missy for reaching out to me, as always, the Caring and Marvelous Missy makes my life a better place, as you all do.. bbiab.

I put a pix of Auti on Insta I can't get it to download yet so I'll try again later..

Weird times for sure.

Oh no....OMG, I am so sorry to read this! So glad you have a heater. That's just terrible. When will 2021 let up? Sending HUGS!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone is doing well. I’m not doing well..I spent all day setting my mom up for her month’s stay in Personal Care. I took my morning shower at 5:15 pm today. She was assessed at 4 out of 5 for how much care she needs. She seems to think she can come home in a month’s time but it doesn’t look that way. She needs care I can’t provide. I also don’t want a live in nurse..It’s just too much to cope with lately. I see myself aging from the stress when I look in the mirror. I’ll hopefully be back here when things calm down..Big hugs..XOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: Congratulations @MMtwo, they obviously know a goodun when they see one :dance:

Oh no @MamaBee, I’m so sorry that it’s all so stressful, you have to do what’s right for you all, I know it must be very hard, but she needs far more care than you can give. Stay strong, you’re doing the right thing. XX

Glad to hear you’re OK @Bayek, I’ve been wondering how things were with you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy FriYAY girls! Friday got here so fast again.

@Bayek what a crazy past two years. I hope things are calming down weather wise by you and the warm air is arriving and everyone in Texas gets their power and water back ASAP. I feel for everyone affected. It's horrible. Thank goodness John had the foresight to order those two heaters that really helped you guys. Big hugs and OMG Auti is the most precious sweet little girl. Love you Kate the Great.

@bling_dream19 happy FriYAY sweet friend. Hope the rest of the week is going well and you are cheered by your beautiful family and of course beautiful bling. Warm hugs and lots of love.

@MamaBee I'm sorry Joanne
This is super stressful and all you can do at the moment is exactly what you are doing. Taking it one day at a time and planning as best you can for her care. You cannot take her home right now no matter what she says. See how it goes and re-evaluate as the month goes on. Things will improve with time. Please try not to worry too much right now. One day, one hour at a time and your mom is getting the best care she can. Big hugs.

@mrs-b continued healing wishes and big hugs to you. How is your back feeling? Humira update? Were you able to make a surgical eval appt with your DH's surgeon? I am keeping good thoughts for you and so is Greg. Big hugs and lots of love being sent your way.

@canuk-gal if anyone deserves good weather it is you for sure. I am glad that it is cooperating and I am hoping for no snow dumps in March or April. Fingers crossed. We have all felt this winter more so than last winter and I know we are all looking forward to milder temps. Hugs to you.

@MMtwo that is amazing news and I am so happy for you. I had a good feeling about this and am so very pleased for you. You deserve this and more. Thank you for sharing your happiness with us-it really is brightening my morning. I am overjoyed for you truly. And haha about writing a book where the dead bodies are for the next person who takes over your current job. I am sure that will be an entertaining read.
:lol:

@Polabowla I am keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and praying for good news. Hugs to you and we are here for you any way we can be. ((((HUGS)))).

@Austina glad it went well and I wanted you to have that info ahead of time just in case...I have been reading that some are being put through unnecessary testing due to swollen lymph nodes being found upon mammography due to the vaccine. Good for you taking care of what is necessary and yes to food delivery. Sounds like a very good week with lots of important things taken care of woohoo. How are Adam and Kim doing? Warm air should be there and hopefully the end of the freezing temps and snow for them. How is Bertie doing? Hopefully all is better there and they have sufficient heat now and plenty of water. Sending good wishes their way and hugs to you.

@Slick1 how are you? How are your kids doing? Sending you lots of love and warm hugs.

Yesterday we had one last call with our attorney to finalize our wills and soon we will have to meet him and his wife (they are friends) to sign the wills but I made it clear we will have to meet outside. They live about 90 minutes away but are willing to come here for us to sign the wills and have a drink with us.

Greg and I played cards and Rumikub the rest of the day. Such exciting lives haha. And the surgeon's office called me about my initial consult appointment next Tuesday. I am so nervous. I don't want to have hyperparathyroidism and I don't want surgery. I have been putting all of this off and I just don't feel ready to go ahead with it. But we shall see how Tuesday goes. Next month, in March, I have another appointment for an initial with Greg's surgeon (I am getting two opinions) and then I will decide. I am very anxious about the necessary scans I need because I may be allergic to the contrast dyes but I have no choice and have to get those tests done with dye.
Sorry I am being a baby now. I am terrified of general anesthesia and being intubated.

It was coming down fast and furious yesterday and there is some more predicted today...Greg went out right before dinner to shovel so today's shoveling wouldn't be as challenging. And he also made sure the path for the ferals to the food was clear.

Today is another cold snowy day so probably we shall remain indoors. Be safe and cozy and sending you all warm hugs and lots of love.

Here's Gracie "helping" us during our conference call with our attorney. She was reading over the contracts he had sent us hahaha. Sorry for the editing out of the print....had a little too much info on it to share with PS.

gracieandthesnowandcontracts.png

Hugs and happy FriYAY lovely ladies.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!!!!!!

I am sad for all the folks who are suffering with miserable weather and the results from weather damage. It really boggles the mind.

It was +4C today, sunny but the wind was wicked.

@missy that picture of Gracie was adorable. Stay warm and safe.

@Bayek I hope things are under control for you. First building your house--with unnecessary builder issues--and now this weather. Thinking of your and your family.

@Austina I am hoping things are OK with your family as well. Are you sure you want to move there now?? LOL. Maybe it was better that you didn't buy any of those overpriced preloved houses on the market..who knows what would have happened to them from the storm. Serendipity.

@MamaBee Take it easy, please!!!!! You have so much on your plate--your stress is palpable. Thinking of you.

Goodness to all good NIRDIs even though I don't mention each and everyone all the time, I think of you all.

cheers--Sharon

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@Bayek i was thinking about you- sending warm hugs your way
Seems like we are settling on a dx of ms for me. I am overwhelmed .
I wish i could call my mother or sister & cry but i cannot.
They don't care.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee i am sorry to hear about your mother needing so much care & i hope she can come to realize that you cannot provide it, no matter how much she wishes you can.
I'm sure that's a painful reality to face.

@missy Surgery is scary! Of course you are worried. I hope you don't need it- good luck with the drs.
How is Greg feeling?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy good luck with your new snow storm. Thanks for asking about my BIL. My sister is pretty worried about my BIL. She said they both think his heart is failing. I don’t know how long it takes for cardiologist tests to come back. The blood thinners are causing bloody noses and he can’t sleep. I hope they figure out what is going on and get him on the mend. My nieces both have power; one of them still just has limited water but at least has water. It is so awful down there right now. Great shot of icy buildup. I hope your appointment went well and Bubbala looks great in any lighting. Good luck with your appointment next week; big hugs to you!

@Polabowla good luck with your DH’s scans and appointment next week. I hope things get better for you; as @missy always say take things one day at a time.

@canuk-gal woo hoo your weather has improved. We are seeing some improvement as well. It is nice to notice earlier sunrises and later sunsets. I had to run to Office Depot about 6 tonight and it was still light(ish) at that time. Work is getting me down - more unreasonable micro-management directives from my boss. I voiced my objections but what can I do? I did hear from Whiteflash and finally picked out what I want. I’ll include info below. Yay for enjoying your diamonds at work.

@Austina I’ve been wondering how Adam and Kim are doing (and @Bayek) with the weather. I have not heard of Dame Everage but I know the diamond or rhinestone crusted glasses were quite popular at once. I was so proud of them too. It was pretty funny about that article; when I was teaching I didn’t have to look anything up but now that I don’t repeat myself every couple of months it requires some research / refreshing my memory. I am hitting a spot where nothing sounds good to me either on meal planning. Which is why I went for popcorn the other day. I am with you about lamb; it seems stringy to me. We had deer, elk, moose and antelope growing up; the only one I liked was elk. @canuk-gal and I are subjected to way too much winter.

@mrs-b that is interesting about cottage pie and shepherds pie; Marty was traveling to the UK quite a bit and made us some British lamb stew for Easter that he liked; I hated it. I guess it had flavor. Oh no about your back and your sciatica; I sure hope you start feeling better and good luck getting to see a doctor. Did you get Broadicea yet? How awful about your friend’s dad. What a hassle and a mess.

@Bayek lucky that John ordered some heaters and keep the water going. Hate to hear Mike has been without water. My one niece finally got some water back but it’s limited. The other one I believe is on a well and they too had to put a heater on their pump. They are all Wyoming kids so they know some of the cold weather tricks which I am sure you know being from the Northeast.

@MMtwo woo hoo - congratulations!!!! I am so excited you got the job. When do you transition to the new position? That is a great idea for heat.

@MamaBee I am so sorry to hear your mom needs so much care. As @Austina said you have to do what is right for you. I kind of know the stress that can cause but as my dad and I were told by doctors when my mom was at that stage you can’t beat yourself up because you aren’t capable or qualified to take care of her anymore. As Marty pointed out to me just think how awful you’d feel if something happens to her when you are trying to help her do something. It is so tough and heartbreaking. Big hugs to you and her.

So I spent many hours scrolling through Adwar and Stuller websites looking at solitaires. I found a ring I love at Stullers and got confirmation today Whiteflash can order it for me. It’s chunky, looks solid, has 6 prongs and will set flush with my bands. Woo hoo! The few rings I was considering at WF all had some things I liked but not all things. I ruled out a cathedral because I’m klutzy and that new sapphire solitaire is a high cathedral mount and I was knocking it all the time. I wanted something that worked with my bands and wanted a solid ring. The more I looked the more I liked the 6 prong mounts so that is what I found.

I packed up my ring to send in tonight and after putting it in a bag, in a box, in another box with lots of tape and packing stuff in between I got the sick feeling - did I put my ring in there? Why didn’t I open the box to make sure it was in the box. I did look everyone around the house to make sure I didn’t find the ring or the box. Ha Ha.

I had to run to Office Depot twice tonight - I needed 2 FedEx boxes and one didn’t fit in the other; then I needed some shipping labels to print. My second trip was a bust though since they didn’t have a box that fit in a box - lucky for me there is aa Fed Ex office by Marty’s gym so he picked up 2 boxes for me. I’ll drop my box off in the morning.

Have a great weekend. Stay safe and warm.

Marcy

Here is the ring: I am getting a platinum head

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday Saturday lovely ladies!

@missy good luck with your new snow storm. Thanks for asking about my BIL. My sister is pretty worried about my BIL. She said they both think his heart is failing. I don’t know how long it takes for cardiologist tests to come back. The blood thinners are causing bloody noses and he can’t sleep. I hope they figure out what is going on and get him on the mend. My nieces both have power; one of them still just has limited water but at least has water. It is so awful down there right now. Great shot of icy buildup. I hope your appointment went well and Bubbala looks great in any lighting. Good luck with your appointment next week; big hugs to you!

I am so sorry about your BIL and hope the doctors can figure it out soon and that he recovers fully. The mystery medical issues are scary. My heart goes out to you, your sister and your BIL and all my best wishes. Your ring is stunning. Wonderful choice. Thank you for the hugs. I need them and big hugs to you too Marcy.

@Polabowla thank you for your kind wishes. Greg is doing OK. We are seeing the endocrinologist in a few weeks and I guess we will know more then about if his medication needs to be changed/increased etc. How are you and your DH doing? I know emotionally this takes a huge toll. Continued good wishes being sent your way and gentle hugs. Praying for the best outcome.

@bling_dream19 happy Caturday Saturday...have a wonderful weekend. XOXO

@MamaBee good luck with S and D and the vaccines today. Hugs.
Hope your mom is feeling better and stronger with each day. You have to keep reminding yourself you are doing everything you can. XOXO.

@Slick1 happy weekend. Hope you have fun plans and thank goodness for a brief respite from the storms. Hugs.

@mrs-b next week is going to be a good week. I feel it. Your Humira will be delivered and it is going to help you. Big hugs and much love. You are a dear person. Inside and out beautiful. That is all I want to say. (((Hugs))).

@Austina hope your son and DIL have power and water and everything has been restored. Hugs to you and Bertie. Have a lovely weekend.

@canuk-gal so pleased you have been experiencing nice weather and may that continue with calmer winds. And may work continue to be good and hope your weekend is wonderful. Big hugs.
And @MarionC is doing well. I forgot to answer your question the other day.

@springerspaniel happy weekend. Hope you had a good week. (((Hugs))).

Hi to everyone else. Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend. XOXO.

We played cards yesterday (haha the excitement continues) and it snowed the entire day. Not that much accumulation yesterday about 2" and total snow about 10" so not terrible. Please let winter be over soon. Warm hugs to each and everyone of you. Stay safe and be well.

From yesterday.
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 6.46.34 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Oh no @marcy your poor BIL, it must be really scary for them. Let’s hope they can get to the root of the problem and get it all sorted. I love your choice of setting, it looks robust enough without being clunky, and lovely and secure with 6 claws. I’m with you on lamb stew, nooooooooo.

I’m so sorry you have no one to lean @Polabowla, I wish there was something I could do to help.

That’s exactly what Adam said @canuk-gal, we’re really pleased we didn’t have the worry of wondering if everything was OK at the house, or Adam having to try and get there to check on it. Everything works out the way it’s supposed to. I hope your weather starts improving, the wind is brutal. Did the Police ever find your bikes?

I hope your second doses go well today @MamaBee. Keep reminding yourself you’re doing what’s in your Mum‘s best interest and she’s where she needs to be.

I hope your Humira turns up soon @mrs-b and that it really helps. How’s your back, keeping everything crossed you’re not in such extreme pain.

Adam just messaged to say the water and heat are back on @missy, I know they were looking forward to a long hot shower. Bertie is somewhat miffed that he hasn’t been able to go out for his usual walks, but the roads have been treacherous, and Adam was worried about him getting frost bite. He has been running around the garden like a mad thing to burn off his excess energy. It’s supposed to be considerably warmer there today, so hopefully the snow will melt and things can get back to normal. Your days are as exciting as ours, but we’re safe and alive, and that’s what matters. I’m sure it must be very stressful wondering and waiting for your medical issues to be resolved, but you’ll get there, I’m sure.

I hope things are improving where you are @Bayek, Adam’s already started to look at generators and will get one for the future, even if he never needs it. He said the other day that he never thought the first time he’d be out shovelling snow would be in Texas!

I’d let them find the bodies on their own @MMtwo :mrgreen: When will you start your new job?

We were going to go out for a walk earlier, but it started raining, but wouldn’t you know it, it’s lovely and sunny now! Our neighbourhood FB posted about a young man who worked at a local bakery dying of Covid, and the bakery were opening from 1-2pm for a week selling pastries to the public, and the money was going to be sent to his family in Nepal. We popped along and got a couple of trays and took them to the vaccination centre for the staff and volunteers. Of course we got some for ourselves and they’re delicious :lickout::lol:

I hope all the loverly NIRDIS are having a lovely weekend :wavey:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Polabowla - I'm thinking of you and your husband. Breathe, my friend. And try not to confront all mental possibilities at once - as Marcy, Missy, and I say - one step at a time. And I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know - but it bears repeating, i think. And I'm so sorry about the disconnect from your family. You've got so much on your plate - thinking of you every day. Hugs!

@marcy - I was in your BIL's shoes, and I know how he feels. Can I ask how old he is? I still get lots of bleeds and bruises, but it's improved since I switched from Asprin and Xarelto - to Asprin and Eliquis. I also had an ablation and a bunch of stents and went on a statin - which helped a lot. Tell him that the best thing he can do is look after everything surrounding his situation - as in - weight, sleep, nutrition, exercise. All of these things will give him the health reservoirs to deal with heart issues. If his cholesterol and/or triglycerides are high - he needs to get that dealt with. Ditto if his glucose is high. I figure, if everything around my heart issues is healthy and strong, I will be the person who recovers from a heart attack, or whose body can balance out heart disease, and keep going. I'm making reservoirs of good health my body can call on if my body has a medical crisis. So far, I've outlived both my parents by a considerable amount. And I'll take that. And on a different note - I have to say - I like that ring setting! Nice choice!

@missy - good morning, AG. :)) Good luck for your appt next week! And good luck with the oceans of snow! We're buried here in MA, and mobility is at an all time low. On the other hand - Eleanor and her dad are coming out from CA next Saturday - David for one week, and Eleanor for a couple of months. It will be SO good to see them - and I'm sure Tim will be thrilled not to have to be the sole source of emotional support for me! He'll enjoy being able just to concentrate on work for a change! I can be kinda whiny when I'm bored or feeling isolated. What a joy! :mrgreen:

@Austina - what a lovely lady you are, buying pastries and farming them out to people to put some smiles on some faces! I'm so glad Adam has the power back on! What's going on in Texas is just unbelievable! As for Bertie - no - he won't get frost bite. What *can* happen, tho, is chemical burns from salt or any other substance people use to dissolve ice on their sidewalks and/or driveways. I doubt people in Texas are set up for that, tho, so probably not an issue. My rule of thumb for walking dogs outdoors is - coats when it goes below 40 degrees, unless they're a cold weather dog (husky, malamut, German shepherd, Bernese mountain dog, and so on). You can buy dog booties - but, again, that's more for chemicals on the sidewalks than snow.

@MamaBee - did you have your second shot? I can't get in for my first here in MA. The website is utter crap and even tho a lot of facilities say 'Appts available' - you just can't seem to access them. And half the time the site freezes anyway and you have to reboot. It's your basic serialistic nightmare. How is your mother this weekend? And how are YOU? I'm so sorry you're feeling so stressed and run down - you deserve so much better than that for all you do. It sounds like your mother's expectations are very unrealistic - and the unrealistic expectations of others can sit on our shoulders pretty heavily - I totally get that. Feeling for you and all you're going through right now. {{{ J }}}

@canuk-gal - you lucky duck, getting more temperate weather! I'd be THRILLED with 4c - altho heavy wind sounds kinda evil. In which case - scratch that comment re temperate weather. Do you have a lot of snow on the ground? And - I'm with Austina, who asked above, I believe - any word on your bike? Was it your bike, or yours and hubby's - as in - one bike or two? Thinking of you up in Canada!

@bling_dream19 - how are you? How is everything in your family? Is everyone well and safe? I hope that smile I know for a fact was on your face a couple of days ago is still there! Hugs to you, my friend! <3 And...<polite cough>...when you get a minute, a photo or two wouldn't kill!

@MMtwo - I'm so pleased for you re your new job. Is it within the same company, or are you completely moving on? Can you fill me in on what you do for a living? I love having fuller pictures of the NIRDIs! And I want your curls. This is apropos of nothing - I just want them. I want to try the clay pot + candle trick, too! We have central heating, so it would just be a hazard - but I want to do it anyway!

@Bayek - hallo, wonderful Kate. ox Why do your posts always make me think you'd have done terribly well as a pioneer woman?! Texas sounds just about like the great undiscovered frontier at the moment! I'm so sorry you're gong through all of this after everything you've been through with the house. How did the pipes hold up overnight? How is John doing, 'moving ice around'?? This is the sort of thing that led to Tim's back surgery! I'm thinking of you and sending love and hugs!

Things here are...ok. My back continues to be painful - lots of sciatica - and referrals for MRIs sent to the wrong place and general screw ups all over the place. I'm trying to get a second opinion on my back...kinda...as I really don't want to go anywhere until I get the vaccine.

Speaking of which -zero- progress on that. Talk about your general balls up! MA has made such a mess of it! You don't need to wait to be contacted here: if you meet the criteria for the current group, you just make your own appt. Sounds so easy - and it would be - if there WERE any appts. Which there aren't. Well, I'm sure there's some, but blowed if I can get one of them! I try on and off during the day - but - nada.

On the other hand, here are a few cheery photos.....

Firstly - Tim dug me a path to get me through the first snow drift that separates me from where I meet Murphy - so this has made my world a much happier place! Murphy's house is the building you can see down the slope.

20210220_103537.jpg

And here are my dogs last night - Ballin is treating Cirrus like a big breathing cushion! They're currently at the groomer - thankfully. Deep snow and dog with long coat does not a happy owner make!

20210217_204222.jpg

And here is the center of my world at breakfast with me at our diner yesterday. <3

20210219_121113.jpg

And lastly - I was doing some yoga, and Tim, who had had 2 glasses of wine with his dinner, came and laid down on the floor next to me. I snapped this. I love it. I love him - can you tell? ... :))

20210218_192507.jpg

NIRDI shoutout! oxoxo

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, sorry I just have to pop in and say you two are the bees knees. The love is palpable. Swoon!

And lastly - I was doing some yoga, and Tim, who had had 2 glasses of wine with his dinner, came and laid down on the floor next to me. I snapped this. I love it. I love him - can you tell? ... :))

20210218_192507.jpg

NIRDI shoutout! oxoxo

❤️❤️❤️

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b that is the lovliest photo!

The drs have done so much testing on me & although there is nothing exact, my dr feels that it is probably multiple sclerosis; she wants to go over my chart one more time & will give me her final thoughts this week (i hope, she is not always responsive).

As far as family, i always hoped that even w all the issues, when there is a serious illness they would come through, but they have never for me , nor for dh when he had cancer previously.
It is very lonely.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Polabowla I am sorry your family isn't there for you. Perhaps they do not cope well with stress/illness; nonetheless it shouldn't be about them. Healing vibes across the miles.

I went to the Optometrist today--a lovely French Canadian Dr. All is good, I just hadn't been in 5 years. I might need some stronger readers...... She said she liked my rings!! LOL (sapphire and spess)

Bright sunny day here--again windy but +4C is OK with me. People are out in shorts and cycling. Well, no. @missy those white out snow storms give me goosebumps.

I made some homemade chicken soup--and roasted the bones like @Asscherhalo_lover ! We learn a lot on PS!!

cheers--Sharon

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@canuk-gal thank you so much!
Homemade chicken soup sounds amazing especially on a chilly day!
Sounds like your dr has good taste !

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Polabowla - I'm thinking of you and your husband. Breathe, my friend. And try not to confront all mental possibilities at once - as Marcy, Missy, and I say - one step at a time. And I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know - but it bears repeating, i think. And I'm so sorry about the disconnect from your family. You've got so much on your plate - thinking of you every day. Hugs!

@marcy - I was in your BIL's shoes, and I know how he feels. Can I ask how old he is? I still get lots of bleeds and bruises, but it's improved since I switched from Asprin and Xarelto - to Asprin and Eliquis. I also had an ablation and a bunch of stents and went on a statin - which helped a lot. Tell him that the best thing he can do is look after everything surrounding his situation - as in - weight, sleep, nutrition, exercise. All of these things will give him the health reservoirs to deal with heart issues. If his cholesterol and/or triglycerides are high - he needs to get that dealt with. Ditto if his glucose is high. I figure, if everything around my heart issues is healthy and strong, I will be the person who recovers from a heart attack, or whose body can balance out heart disease, and keep going. I'm making reservoirs of good health my body can call on if my body has a medical crisis. So far, I've outlived both my parents by a considerable amount. And I'll take that. And on a different note - I have to say - I like that ring setting! Nice choice!

@missy - good morning, AG. :)) Good luck for your appt next week! And good luck with the oceans of snow! We're buried here in MA, and mobility is at an all time low. On the other hand - Eleanor and her dad are coming out from CA next Saturday - David for one week, and Eleanor for a couple of months. It will be SO good to see them - and I'm sure Tim will be thrilled not to have to be the sole source of emotional support for me! He'll enjoy being able just to concentrate on work for a change! I can be kinda whiny when I'm bored or feeling isolated. What a joy! :mrgreen:

@Austina - what a lovely lady you are, buying pastries and farming them out to people to put some smiles on some faces! I'm so glad Adam has the power back on! What's going on in Texas is just unbelievable! As for Bertie - no - he won't get frost bite. What *can* happen, tho, is chemical burns from salt or any other substance people use to dissolve ice on their sidewalks and/or driveways. I doubt people in Texas are set up for that, tho, so probably not an issue. My rule of thumb for walking dogs outdoors is - coats when it goes below 40 degrees, unless they're a cold weather dog (husky, malamut, German shepherd, Bernese mountain dog, and so on). You can buy dog booties - but, again, that's more for chemicals on the sidewalks than snow.

@MamaBee - did you have your second shot? I can't get in for my first here in MA. The website is utter crap and even tho a lot of facilities say 'Appts available' - you just can't seem to access them. And half the time the site freezes anyway and you have to reboot. It's your basic serialistic nightmare. How is your mother this weekend? And how are YOU? I'm so sorry you're feeling so stressed and run down - you deserve so much better than that for all you do. It sounds like your mother's expectations are very unrealistic - and the unrealistic expectations of others can sit on our shoulders pretty heavily - I totally get that. Feeling for you and all you're going through right now. {{{ J }}}

@canuk-gal - you lucky duck, getting more temperate weather! I'd be THRILLED with 4c - altho heavy wind sounds kinda evil. In which case - scratch that comment re temperate weather. Do you have a lot of snow on the ground? And - I'm with Austina, who asked above, I believe - any word on your bike? Was it your bike, or yours and hubby's - as in - one bike or two? Thinking of you up in Canada!

@bling_dream19 - how are you? How is everything in your family? Is everyone well and safe? I hope that smile I know for a fact was on your face a couple of days ago is still there! Hugs to you, my friend! <3 And...<polite cough>...when you get a minute, a photo or two wouldn't kill!

@MMtwo - I'm so pleased for you re your new job. Is it within the same company, or are you completely moving on? Can you fill me in on what you do for a living? I love having fuller pictures of the NIRDIs! And I want your curls. This is apropos of nothing - I just want them. I want to try the clay pot + candle trick, too! We have central heating, so it would just be a hazard - but I want to do it anyway!

@Bayek - hallo, wonderful Kate. ox Why do your posts always make me think you'd have done terribly well as a pioneer woman?! Texas sounds just about like the great undiscovered frontier at the moment! I'm so sorry you're gong through all of this after everything you've been through with the house. How did the pipes hold up overnight? How is John doing, 'moving ice around'?? This is the sort of thing that led to Tim's back surgery! I'm thinking of you and sending love and hugs!

Things here are...ok. My back continues to be painful - lots of sciatica - and referrals for MRIs sent to the wrong place and general screw ups all over the place. I'm trying to get a second opinion on my back...kinda...as I really don't want to go anywhere until I get the vaccine.

Speaking of which -zero- progress on that. Talk about your general balls up! MA has made such a mess of it! You don't need to wait to be contacted here: if you meet the criteria for the current group, you just make your own appt. Sounds so easy - and it would be - if there WERE any appts. Which there aren't. Well, I'm sure there's some, but blowed if I can get one of them! I try on and off during the day - but - nada.

Firstly - Tim dug me a path to get me through the first snow drift that separates me from where I meet Murphy - so this has made my world a much happier place! Murphy's house is the building you can see down the slope.

20210220_103537.jpg

And here are my dogs last night - Ballin is treating Cirrus like a big breathing cushion! They're currently at the groomer - thankfully. Deep snow and dog with long coat does not a happy owner make!

20210217_204222.jpg

And here is the center of my world at breakfast with me at our diner yesterday. <3

20210219_121113.jpg

20210218_192507.jpg

NIRDI shoutout! oxoxo

@mrs-b The photo of you and your hubby made me smile today..You are so cute together!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b that is the lovliest photo!

The drs have done so much testing on me & although there is nothing exact, my dr feels that it is probably multiple sclerosis; she wants to go over my chart one more time & will give me her final thoughts this week (i hope, she is not always responsive).

As far as family, i always hoped that even w all the issues, when there is a serious illness they would come through, but they have never for me , nor for dh when he had cancer previously.
It is very lonely.

Big hugs @Polabowla... I hope it’s not MS..XO

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good morning...afternoon...evening. Shouting out to all NIRDI's. I have calmed down from my elated state over job news (sorry about that, I was like Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah’s couch). For a bit, I will be a little spotty with attention. My mind is still so full of details. I need to finish in the next 2 weeks. The last day at my current job is the 12th.

So much is going on with everyone. I’m worried about the sisterhood.

@Polabowla I am sorry to hear you think it may be MS that is causing your illness. The diagnosis is so scary. I have so much hope that with a name and diagnosis you can get treatment. My cousin has suffered with MS for years. She has found great relief with some of the newer treatments. I hope that you will feel better soon and you will have the same outcomes with treatment. If you need anyone to listen to you cry, I volunteer. Adding all of this to your husband’s illness. I’m so sorry. I was alone for years in my younger years. It is painful. I'm here...you can really call.

@mrs-b you asked about my current job. Now you're getting a letter. I work as a Homeless Management Information System Administrator. Short version: Data Fairy. It's a specialized niche position helping regional homeless service providers report data and statistics to the local community, the state funding offices, and the Fed Government (HUD), and ultimately Congress. I have also been in charge of coordinating the regional Point in Time Count, or Homeless Census. The data from all across the nation is captured, cleaned (data fairy part right here), and sent up the food chain to be reported in the statistics on homelessness and to help decide what homeless-focused initiatives support homelessness being brief, rare and non-recurring.

I'll try not to get into the weeds and cause anyone to glaze over. I have done reporting and compliance and training and database administration alone and by myself for my 2,500 mile region.
It ends up places like this:
As a former homeless person, circa 2001, I have lived experience and the ability to give back is priceless. My new job is for another state doing the same thing - helping communities report to stakeholders about homelessness, program outcomes, and policy impact. Short version: WE NEED AFFORDABLE HOUSING.

When I started helping a shelter input data for the programs in 2009, I never knew that the skill set would end up becoming valuable. As the government has added homeless initiatives (and compounded by COVID's impact on families living at the poverty line, subsequent funding)...demand has grown and suddenly little old me who learned as she went learned enough things to create a career. What a crazy development. I had a purpose after all :) And new adventures to come. And more money, so I am upgrading my little solitare to a bigger, little solitaire :) Maybe 1.25 or so, and I am sure a low alphabet color.

I love the picture of you and your hubby. I can feel all of that love from over here. This is what makes the world wonderful (HUGS). I love your amazing ACA! What an inspiration piece. I love all of your jewels. Just let me know where to send these curls HAHAHA. they are out of control. The greys just making things worse like a misbehaved rebellion. I do not know where I am headed with this grey hair. I do know the stress from the COVID situation caused massive hair loss now I have one-inch growth everywhere. Thanks tho! It remains fun to see what my real hair looks like after dye.
20210220_141217.jpg

I would love to model glasses, except you'd have to SEE me :) LOL. Not Even Elton John would have enough patience for that eyeglass show. I did take a picture of them strewn over my bed. On the right are two special pairs in rolled gold. Those are not mine but belonged to my grandma between the teens and the 30's. These are so precious to me :)

20210218_083903.jpg

@Bayek I am glad things are starting to turn for the better with the Texas situation. I just saw a FaceBook post that they are bringing up dogs from Texas shelters to rehome here - and help the pups out. Hope things are getting better sorted. I could have sworn I wrote a thank you out for your career advice but I do not see it here. I'm afraid I will revisit this long post at 2AM and find it floating in some wrong and unfortunate spot. Arg.

@marcy I sincerely hope that your BIL's condition is not heart failure but something else and he feels better soon. I hope that the cardiologist gets the lead out! Waiting for news is so hard. I laughed at your double article, that sounds like something I would do too. Busy life syndrome right there. You had a great idea twice! I swear a few of us would love to get together and build a flowerpot contraption to see if it works. HA, inquiring minds (and I have heard it actually does). Love that setting from Stuller!

@missy your fears and concerns sound so heavy. I wish I could make this better for you, easier for you. The hellish 2020-2021 has certainly done nothing to create a safe and calm place to go. It's okay to be afraid...I am sure they will be extra watchful for your dye allergies. The unknown sucks. Thank god you have such a wonderful husband, the peace of the great outdoors, and your furry babies. (((HUGS))) My SiL is still tired (about a month out) but doing okay. It does not seem she is having long-term issues. Thank you for asking!

@MamaBee I am so sorry you are so upset. I am sure the tired aged woman in the mirror is temporarily so tired with so much weight on her shoulders. This year has been tough. A good mother and daughter and wife worries for three. I wish I could send a real hug. It's so hard to care for a parent in that state. I did it temporarily with my mom and it was very hard. You are doing what is best for your mother and if she was in a better place, I am sure she could see it.

@Austina I am so glad it was a painless vaccination experience. The kids and Bertie are safe and happily showered - YAY!

NIRDI shout out!

Second glass of wine...so more later so my fingers are not slurring

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning...afternoon...evening. Shouting out to all NIRDI's. I have calmed down from my elated state over job news (sorry about that, I was like Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah’s couch). For a bit, I will be a little spotty with attention.

@Polabowla I am sorry to hear you think it may be MS that is causing your illness. The diagnosis is so scary. I have so much hope that with a name and diagnosis you can get treatment. My cousin has suffered with MS for years. She has found great relief with some of the newer treatments. I hope that you will feel better soon and you will have the same outcomes with treatment. If you need anyone to listen to you cry, I volunteer. Adding all of this to your husband’s illness. I’m so sorry. I was alone for years in my younger years. It is painful. I'm here...you can really call.

My mind is still so full of details. I need to finish in the next 2 weeks. The last day at my current job is the 12th.

@mrs-b you asked about my current job. Now you're getting a letter. I work as a Homeless Management Information System Administrator. Short version: Data Fairy. It's a specialized niche position helping regional homeless service providers report data and statistics to the local community, the state funding offices, and the Fed Government (HUD), and ultimately Congress. I have also been in charge of coordinating the regional Point in Time Count, or Homeless Census. The data from all across the nation is captured, cleaned (data fairy part right here), and sent up the food chain to be reported in the statistics on homelessness and to help decide what homeless-focused initiatives support homelessness being brief, rare and non-recurring.

I'll try not to get into the weeds and cause anyone to glaze over. I have done reporting and compliance and training and database administration alone and by myself for my 2,500 mile region.
As a former homeless person, circa 2001, I have lived experience and the ability to give back is priceless. My new job is for another state doing the same thing - helping communities report to stakeholders about homelessness, program outcomes, and policy impact. Short version: WE NEED AFFORDABLE HOUSING.

When I started helping a shelter input data for the programs in 2009, I never knew that the skill set would end up becoming valuable. As the government has added homeless initiatives (and compounded by COVID's impact on families living at the poverty line, subsequent funding)...demand has grown and suddenly little old me who learned as she went learned enough things to create a career. What a crazy development. I had a purpose after all :) And new adventures to come. And more money, so I am upgrading my little solitare to a bigger, little solitaire :) Maybe 1.25 or so, and I am sure a low alphabet color.

I love the picture of you and your hubby. I can feel all of that love from over here. This is what makes the world wonderful (HUGS). I love your amazing ACA! What an inspiration piece. I love all of your jewels. Just let me know where to send these curls HAHAHA. they are out of control. The greys just making things worse like a misbehaved rebellion. I do not know where I am headed with this grey hair. I do know the stress from the COVID situation caused massive hair loss now I have one-inch growth everywhere. Thanks tho! It remains fun to see what my real hair looks like after dye.
20210220_141217.jpg

I would love to model glasses, except you'd have to SEE me :) LOL. Not Even Elton John would have enough patience for that eyeglass show. I did take a picture of them strewn over my bed. On the right are two special pairs in rolled gold. Those are not mine but belonged to my grandma between the teens and the 30's. These are so precious to me :)

20210218_083903.jpg

@Bayek I am glad things are starting to turn for the better with the Texas situation. I just saw a FaceBook post that they are bringing up dogs from Texas shelters to rehome here - and help the pups out. Hope things are getting better sorted. I could have sworn I wrote a thank you out for your career advice but I do not see it here. I'm afraid I will revisit this long post at 2AM and find it floating in some wrong and unfortunate spot. Arg.

@marcy I sincerely hope that your BIL's condition is not heart failure but something else and he feels better soon. I hope that the cardiologist gets the lead out! Waiting for news is so hard. I laughed at your double article, that sounds like something I would do too. Busy life syndrome right there. You had a great idea twice! I swear a few of us would love to get together and build a flowerpot contraption to see if it works. HA, inquiring minds (and I have heard it actually does). Love that setting from Stuller!

@missy your fears and concerns sound so heavy. I wish I could make this better for you, easier for you. The hellish 2020-2021 has certainly done nothing to create a safe and calm place to go. It's okay to be afraid...I am sure they will be extra watchful for your dye allergies. The unknown sucks. Thank god you have such a wonderful husband, the peace of the great outdoors, and your furry babies. (((HUGS))) My SiL is still tired (about a month out) but doing okay. It does not seem she is having long-term issues. Thank you for asking!

@MamaBee I am so sorry you are so upset. I am sure the tired aged woman in the mirror is temporarily so tired with so much weight on her shoulders. This year has been tough. A good mother and daughter and wife worries for three. I wish I could send a real hug. It's so hard to care for a parent in that state. I did it temporarily with my mom and it was very hard. You are doing what is best for your mother and if she was in a better place, I am sure she could see it.

@Austina I am so glad it was a painless vaccination experience. The kids and Bertie are safe and happily showered - YAY!

NIRDI shout out!

Congrats!!! You are accomplished and have earned this promotion!!! YOOHOO.

I always knew NIRDI's (and PS'ers) were a smart hard working bunch!!

LOL Fingers slurring.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! You are accomplished and have earned this promotion!!! YOOHOO.

I always knew NIRDI's (and PS'ers) were a smart hard working bunch!!

LOL Fingers slurring.

Ha, hi ya @canuk-gal Since I am now entombed in my house, I have joined the national wine drinking movement. I have one to two glasses a night. I enjoy it so much. I bet if I quit I would lose weight. I have these two thoughts at once :)

Thank you so much for the Congrats! I really see myself as this dumb kid with a GED and being told I was more decorative than useful. This is not to be whiny, but to explain how someone from where I was is standing 20 years ago is here today incredulous and really humbled by life and the fact I finally bloomed. I wasnt sure I ever would.

HUGS

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

20210220_103537.jpg

20210217_204222.jpg

20210219_121113.jpg

20210218_192507.jpg

NIRDI shoutout! oxoxo

@mrs-b Thank you for your sweet words. My mom fell from her bed at Personal Care yesterday. She didn’t hurt herself but couldn’t get herself back up. She wears a button that she has around her neck...so she was able to call for help. She also developed a pretty nasty bedsore from not being able to turn off her back. It’s one thing after another. I have to find a skilled nursing facility instead of the lovely place that’s in my area. She would have had to be able to walk with a walker. She can do that but now with the bed sore she needs more care..I have a nurse reporting to me...She’s pretty dramatic so scared the beejeebies out of me today.

I only got one Moderna shot at the Health Department. I stalked the site until the registration came up. I filled out the form online for the four of us...I was finally able to get a link to schedule my shot on February 11... My next one is due on March 11..but Pa stinks at distribution....Pharmacists mistakenly used the second doses to vaccinate the first timers. This went on for weeks before it was caught..Now they want to postpone some of the second doses....possibly me...up to another two weeks to the maximum of 42 days as specified by the CDC. It wasn’t tested past 28 days...It makes me crazy..
I also stalked the Rite Aid site and made appointments for my husband and David who didn’t get invited for a shot with them... We went today to get them...It was a two hour drive each way. They already have the second dose scheduled. I’m going to try to make an appointment for my second dose close to March 11 with Rite Aid in case the Health Department does push my second dose a week or two later. They don’t make appointments for the second dose..just the first. My plan is to make an appointment for #1 but it will really be my second. After I get it I would cancel the second dose. Determination is my middle name..haha

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning...afternoon...evening. Shouting out to all NIRDI's. I have calmed down from my elated state over job news (sorry about that, I was like Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah’s couch). For a bit, I will be a little spotty with attention. My mind is still so full of details. I need to finish in the next 2 weeks. The last day at my current job is the 12th.

20210220_141217.jpg

20210218_083903.jpg

NIRDI shout out!

@MMtwo Thank you for your kind words...You are adorable...I can say that because I’m older..hahaha

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn. I have to start a completely new article for the newspaper - the topic I picked was what I used in the January article. No wonder it all sounds so familiar.

I love this @marcy! I do things like that all the time..
BTW I can’t wait to see your gorgeous diamond in its new setting!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Polabowla - I dont know what to say, except, I'm praying it's not MS. And I'm praying for improvement.

@missy - I'll be counting off the days till Tuesday and holding you in my warmest thoughts.

Hugs to you, ladies!

<3

ETA And @MamaBee - she fell out of bed?? Seriously - does this never end?? My warmest thoughts to you, too!

We need to start a chocolate exchange club....

ETA x 2 Or wine. Mostly wine.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@Polabowla - I dont know what to say, except, I'm praying it's not MS. And I'm praying for improvement.

@missy - I'll be counting off the days till Tuesday and holding you in my warmest thoughts.

Hugs to you, ladies!

<3

ETA And @MamaBee - she fell out of bed?? Seriously - does this never end?? My warmest thoughts to you, too!

We need to start a chocolate exchange club....

ETA x 2 Or wine. Mostly wine.

wine :)

Last edited:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for the good wishes, listening & support!
@MMtwo congratulations on your personal & professional accomplishments- you should be super proud of yourself!
@MamaBee Oh no i can't believe your mother fell & now has a bedsore. One thing after another

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results