shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I get that with my own son, Chris. I have to remind him that he can’t go in the car with us, etc. He’s a hugger like me so I know it’s hard for him.
If I had that situation with a friend I would just tell them I love them but I was being cautious and don’t want to take any chances. If you can trust them to keep a big space outside I would do it. I was never comfortable with six feet apart. I’m more comfortable twelve feet or more...If you are outside in the fresh air that far apart I think that’s safe. I would remind them to use the bathroom before they came because they can’t come into the house. They should know that already. It’s hard to say but I, personally, would say it. In the beginning of Covid you know I was isolating in Maryland because Shatzie is working. I told him that he would have to P in a bush outside if he had to go. Hahahaha He did..many times..:lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I see common sense went out of the window @Jimmianne :lol: Maybe you can take little dogs in the cabin, I know it was a definite no no for Dottie, she weighed about 42kgs, and we’d have happily paid for a seat if she could’ve come in the cabin with us. Have fun with your new furry boy.

Hopefully we’ll be there @MamaBee and between @Bayek and us we’ll have plenty of room for any NIRDIS that want to visit. I hope your Mum is OK and not too upset by her accident, it’s easily done, I’m often bruised by bashing in to things. I made lemon drizzle cake, banana and coconut cake and chocolate cupcakes. I’ve taken out steaks from the Scottish butcher for our dinner tonight. Things are by no means ‘normal’ here, but it’s certainly a lot more ‘normal’ than there. I was still awake at 3am here too. Oy!

Thanks @Calliecake, I’m sorry you’re unable to see your little nieces and the ones that are waiting to be born. The good thing about them being young is that when this is finally over, they’ll quickly forget and things will be (new) ‘normal’ again. We feel that things here have been handled pretty well, and have been happy to comply with the lockdown to keep safe. I’m reading so many things that the press have really escalated people’s anxieties and fears, and I know on a person level, not watching or selecting what I read, has certainly helped. I just hope and pray that things your side of the pond get under control and you can all resume some semblance of your former lives. I think it’s less of an issue here wearing masks, I haven’t really heard of a lot of complaining about the mandate that comes in to force on the 24th.

Nice that you got to thrash someone else’s car while yours was being serviced @marcy, and definitely worth getting it all done while you were there instead of having to go back. I’m not surprised you didn’t eat all your breakfast, what is it they say, breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper - or in our cases, queen and princesses :mrgreen: I haven’t really looked out skywards much since the launch when we saw the ISS and the ship heading towards it. I’ll have to check when it’ll next be visible here.

Retirement is great @canuk-galm why not give it a try? ;-)

What a spectacular sunrise @missy, yep the heat is a killer, we were wiped out yesterday, but of course, the minute I went to bed, I couldn’t sleep :roll: Hope you’re having a lovely day there, and the beaches and roads aren’t crowded with Covidiots. It’s lovely to see the kitties all getting along, even if Gracie is a little devil with her antics!

I hope Ellie is continuing to make a good recovery @springerspaniel.

We’re busy doing nothing today, just waiting in for a food delivery. We decided to buy a raised bed for the area we tidied up yesterday, it’ll make it look less bare, and I’ll plant it up with herbs. We’re even thinking about getting the lawn returfed, will get a quote and see what it comes out at. When we had the garden done when we moved here, we had a beautiful bowling green lawn - then we got Dottie :lol: Just trying to think of anything else we can do to make the house more attractive when we come to sell.

Our dentist rang this morning, we were scheduled for this coming Monday, but it transpires that the Company went bust, and one of the dentists has bought it, so that’s great news, and our lovely dentist is back from maternity leave and can see us on the 27th. They’re only doing manual scaling, which suits me fine, I hate the sonic scaler, and they’ve got all the PPE and Covid protocols set up ready. We’ll be the only patients there when we go, so it’ll be fine,

Have a peaceful and safe weekend lovely NIRDIs :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee Thanks Joanne. She just called me as we’re cycling. She’s coming tomorrow at 8am and I’ll serve cut up fruit and coffee and we’ll be outside. Hoping she’s ok with staying 10 feet apart. Greg’s going to set up the umbrella and chairs at 10 feet or so.

It’s going to be interesting to say the least. It’s a fine line. Not wanting to offend my friend who’s going through a tough time right now and I want to be there for her and also staying safe. Honestly if it wasn’t for what she’s going through I would not even consider entertaining her tomorrow. But my heart goes out to her and I wanna be there for her.

Thanks for your input ❤️

Hi @Austina. Our friend who’s coming over tomorrow is our dentist. Good luck with your visit. It sounds very safe.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, wanted to share my excitement! My lab ruby ring is here! :dance: I've posted some other photos on my other thread!

20200718_154647.jpg

Also had another parcel arrive. I picked up this bargain online from a US jewellers stock clearance who was unfortunately closing down. It's a parcel of burmese spinel in their dusty display boxes.

15950849775578381961061422263453.jpg
15950850363081756542024163551273.jpg
......for the grand total of £38! Now what the heck am i going to do with them? :think:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne your dog is so tiny and very cute. What did you name him? I am glad he faces life with zest! Very cool.

@Calliecake I am sorry you miss being with your grandnieces; hopefully you can reconnect soon. Are your flowers doing well this summer? Ours got beat up really bad by hail and have not come back well. I decided given our tendency for hail storms here I wasn’t going to buy them again.

@MamaBee sorry you couldn’t sleep. I hate when that happens.

@Niffler75 I totally chuckled at your meme for the dog rule. So true. Your ruby ring looks fabulous and what a deal on those spinel.

@missy gorgeous sunrise! Sounds like you and Greg have figured out a safe way to catch up with your friend D. Very nice! My steak and eggs were delicious but I left about 1/2 of it. Mmm to vanilla and cherry ice cream; definitely some of my favorites. Glad you have a stash of ice cream if you miss getting some on a daily outing. I had some of the cinnamon bread for breakfast today but decided it was too sweet that early in the day so II had some chips and salsa at about 10 to get some salty food. Great kitty pictures; I can’t believe Grace was trying to walk on the curtain rod.

@Austina I forgot to answer your question about sapphire shopping. I want to get another blue sapphire ring in either YG or RG. I have a thick YG solitaire ring with a raspberry sapphire so I might just upgrade that stone. It’s pretty close to the same color as another sapphire I have; often the store has something new and different so I end up with anyway. About 4 years ago they had a luscious oval that IMO was pad-liike color and I passed on it since I’d already bought some other things. Now I keep looking for it. I’d also love to get a larger ruby but so far they haven’t been able to match my ruby color and clarity wise in a larger size. Naturally we should eat like a queen and a princess. That’s nice your favorite dentist can see you in a few weeks.

My night wasn’t as short as @MamaBee and probably @missy but I am ready for a nap. Assorted body parts were going “yo Marcy” so I was out of bed before 6 this morning.

Marty went hiking so should be home soon. We are going out for lunch when he gets home.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone who needs some cold delicious creamy ice cream right now...this is for you.

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 2.38.55 PM.png

And somehow we managed to cycle 60 miles! It really wasn't too hot with a cool ocean breeze. Tomorrow the heat indices will hit 100 but that's tomorrow. I'll worry about that then. :lol:

@marcy have fun going out to lunch with Marty. Nice Marty enjoyed a hike. Yes that Gracie is an imp.:cool2: Hope you get a good nap in if you can today Marcy. You deserve it.

@Austina hope your food delivery came. And that you are enjoying a peaceful afternoon/evening. And I am glad you are getting your dental visits taken care of. Teeth are so important. They really do effect our health in big ways. Gum and tooth health both.

@Niffler75 oooh that is a lovely ruby ring. :love: And I like your parcel of Burmese Spinel too. Sweet.

Enjoy the rest of this lovely Saturday girls.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to share this with you girls. @marcy I think you will especially appreciate it. My friend photographed this the other day. Pretty cool.

cometneowise.jpg

@Jimmianne I told Greg about your newest family member and his suggestion for a name (tho I am pretty sure you already named him lol) is Francois. A nod to your new home away from home.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIRDI shout out!

@Jimmianne your new pooch is ADORABLE! What language does he speak??? LOL
@missy my Mom is better but she is still sore. Thanks for asking
@MamaBee I hope your Moms legs heals soon. I also slept badly last night and gosh is my neck sore today.
@Austina I couldn't handle retirement--I am struggling with my DH's! I just need to work less hours, not stopping all together. I really love my work.
@Calliecake Nice to hear from you!

Went for a short ride today. Great weather but was just too tired to do our usual trek. Wil go for happy hour soon. :)

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I was just thinking about your visit with your friend tomorrow. I hope she keeps her distance so you don’t have to remind her. I would keep my mask in my lap. It would be a good visual reminder for her. I had a friend that would talk too close to me. I felt like she was invading my personal space. At a party I had to keep taking a step back until I clunked my head on the bookcase behind me. :lol: I hope you enjoy the visit...You’re a good friend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the picture @missy. Here is one from a few minutes ago. I can’t see it naked eye with city lights but still good in binoculars and captures with my cell phone. Oops it’s sideways. Oh well.

73E5C903-C7DF-4264-9F0F-CF8F2EB65F57.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, yes, common sense right out the window. LOL
The bigger dogs are a problem. I don’t know how I am ever going to get my big dog to France. I even hate the idea of this little guy having to make the trip, but at least his size makes it a possibility.
On the news there were reports of huge clouds of flying ants in the UK so thick they were picked up on radar. Did you see any where you are? Nature is very cool.

Missy, I am so glad you found a curtain rod expert to inspect the rods for you. Looks like a dangerous job.
Your photos of the shore are beautiful, I could be happy living there and waking up to that view every morning.
Just so you know, I didn’t miss that post where you offered the kitties. Do you ship overseas???
Better yet, do you and Greg deliver in person? That would be best.

Sharon, as I recall, the husbands and retirement thing is tricky. It’s great that you love what you do and can enjoy getting out.
My puppy is becoming bilingual, or is it trilingual. French, English and dogspeak, his native language. Mostly I use babytalk and since his tail wags, I believe he understands.

Mamabee, the pup’s name is....Rockini Squat de Vallee des Cedres Bleus. Aren’t you glad you asked? So bizzare, but I googled Rockini Squat and he’s a famous french DJ. Pronouced R-r-rojenee with a rolling R. Ugh. Pronounceable name pending.

Niffler, Your ruby is a beautiful eyeful, and all thise spinels are pretty, even if they stay in their boxes as eye candy.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

@canuk-gal, I'm so sorry about your mother's fall and I'm glad she seems to be recovering ok. Lol to struggling with your dh's retirement, too funny! It's wonderful you enjoy your work and I really hope they lessen your hours.

@Bayak, the house is really coming along, looks great! I hope everything falls into place for your surgery so you can be free of that terrible shoulder pain. You must really be missing Auti and I hope you can see her soon. I know you miss everyone in your family, this is all so hard. Fabulous news about John's improved eyesight! Wow, it's amazing what can be done these days, he must be thrilled.

@bling_dream19, I hope work has eased up a little for you. I love your nautical jewelry, your sea turtle pieces are lovely! There are sea turtle nests here and volunteers protect them so the turtle eggs can hatch. Hope you had a relaxing weekend with your dh.

@Austina, zoom pilates classes sounds great. One thing I really miss is taking exercise classes at the gym. I exercise at home to videos but it's just not the same. It's great you're getting out for walks but I'm so sorry about your knee pain. Glad things are working out for your dentist appointment, it's good to have that taken care of. Sounds like you and Colin are making a lot of progress in the garden and I'll bet it's looking lovely. So glad you're able to see socialize and see friends, it really does make a big difference in dealing with this craziness.

@marcy, lol to the bear attack picture! You have to wonder what Marty is planning. I'm glad your working from home days went well and your trip to get the car serviced worked out ok. Must have been fun driving that loaner. Nice that you got breakfast, looks delicious and yes, it's a ton of food! Sapphire shopping sounds like a great idea. Beautiful pic of the comet.

@missy, I'm so sorry to hear about your father's eye worsening and I really hope the injections help him. It would be great if you could see your parents soon. Great news about the kitties doing better. Love the pics of them, so cute! Sounds like you have a good plan for getting together with your friend, I'm sure you will all be fine. My brother is doing pretty well, I talk to him everyday since he's by himself and he's been playing tennis and coming up with things to keep busy.

@MamaBee, I know it must be so hard not to see your grandbabies and I'm sorry. This virus is causing so much distress and sadness. And I was sorry to read about your mom's injury, really scary for everyone when something like that happens. I hope she's healing and feeling ok. I'm with David, I love car rides too, they really do help. Feels good to just get out and look at something different. And getting ice cream helps too.

@Calliecake, hi! It's great to hear from you! I know it must be so hard not seeing your grandnieces, and yes, it will be tough not to hold those babies for a while but this virus will not last forever. Hopefully we will be able to be with our families soon. Everyone staying healthy is the most important thing, I agree. Thank you for your good wishes and I hope your family is doing well too.

@Niffler75, I know it's tough being so far from your mil. It's good that she has family in the area and is being taken care of. Hopefully one day you'll be able to visit her. Your new ruby ring is absolutely beautiful! The color is incredible and I I love the setting, looks fantastic on you! I hope it's bringing you joy and brightening your days. The spinels are so pretty too, maybe they'd make a nice bracelet or earrings? Really happy to hear your ds is adjusting so well to his teachers and enjoying his school experience, I know you must be so happy about it.

Hi @Jimmianne! So happy you checked in. Love your new furbaby, he is adorable! I totally get that your other pet attempts just didn't quite cut it lol. I am really glad you have this sweet dog for company. I can see how you would be feeling lonely by now and this cutie will be such a comfort to you.

Things are good here, weather has been sunny and hot so I've been taking advantage and spending time in the pool and the ocean. Had a good chat with a friend, she is doing some redecorating and it was fun talking with her about it. The kids are good, had a zoom call with them this week and dd did most of the talking as usual lol - but nobody minded! We're all used to it haha.

Yikes, it's almost 2 in the morning, I'd better get to bed. Take care everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM ladies!

@MamaBee thanks for your encouragement. It’s day 2 heat wave but today there’s no breeze. We’ll be sweating more than usual lol. And haha I don’t love close talkers either. I am envisioning that scene with you and the close talker at the party. :lol:

@marcy thanks. And I love your photos. You’re the astronomy expert and it’s a joy to see your photos. Hope you enjoy sapphire shopping. I love hearing about your food. Yummmm. And your baking too. Delish.

@junebug17 thank you for your kind words and we are planning on having my parents visit us this week. The weather looks iffy every day but hopefully we can make it work. So pleased your kids are well. The pool and ocean are the purrfect place to be now. Hope you’re sleeping now and enjoying sweet dreams. I hope you enjoy a wonderful Sunday with your loved ones.

@Jimmianne that’s a tempting offer. Your pup has quite the name but no doubt he can handle it. ❤️

@Niffler75 any additional thoughts about your lovely new parcel? Beautiful, all of it.

@canuk-gal glad your mom is doing better and hopefully each day brings more relief to her. I hear you about loving what you do. That’s a big part of quality of life and I agree. Keep on enjoying it while you do. Plenty of time for retirement or semi retirement and you’ll know when you’re ready imo. And I hope you enjoy a relaxing well deserved funday Sunday. ❤️

@Slick1 hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Stay cool. It’s hot out there. Hope all the family is doing well.

@bling_dream19 hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful and everyone by you is well and happy.

@Austina what are your plans for today? Hope you enjoyed a good night’s sleep.

@AV_ good morning. Hope you’re well. Thinking of you.

@mrs-b hugs. And continued healing dust being sent your way.

@springerspaniel hope you’re having a good weekend. Hugs and hope Ellie is doing well.

Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely weekend.

We cycled yesterday as you know and it wasn’t as hot as I thought it would be. And we had ice cream. Large as I am sure @Scandinavian would be pleased to hear.

Today I’m not sure how it’s going to go. I hope to cycle but it all depends how long my friend D wants to visit.

Enjoy a wonderful Sunday all. And (((hugs))).

Leaving you with an interesting photo of Oliver. Sun streaming in and I was holding him in my arms. He’s like sugar. So Sweet.

BDA04DEC-C9FB-4EAC-B84F-CEA8A5FDD471.jpeg

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Happy Sunday Funday friends!
@ missy I LOVE that sunrise pic! I hope you had a nice coffee date with your friend this morning. I'm glad you're enjoying lots of yummy icecream! We've been enjoying Ben n jerry cherry Garcia my fave! Hubby got non dairy by accident but it's really good!
@junebug17 I'm pretty sure the hallmark movie I saw took place in sc regarding the beautiful sea turtles. I wish I remembered the name because everyone here would love the movie. I'm so glad you're loving the beach and relaxing. I've been reading this weekend and finally started on my cross stitch, something I love.
I have one more nautical piece of jewelry to be shown soon!
Love and hugs to all! Shout outs to all!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok here are my dolphins! And we saw 3 today! Hubby gave me this necklace for this last Valentine's, our first married, to commemorate our swimming with dolphins in our honeymoon on key largo this past December. Ok this is it! No more nautical jewels until I do my my seashell set! Thanks for the love and sending it forward. 20200719_202454.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@Jimmianne oh no to flying ants. What more calamities await us in 2020? That’s awesome your dog is trilingual. Sweet. I will never remember his name.

@junebug17 I am glad your brother is doing well. Glad to hear all of you are doing well. I am always wondering what Marty is plotting to do to my bears. LOL. I did like the loaner Macan just to see the new display but I wouldn’t trade for a new one just to get a different display. I am anxious to go sapphire shopping but don’t know when we can go.

@missy that’s great your parents are coming to visit this week. Yay for having a large ice cream. That is a great picture of Oliver in the sunlight. I hope you enjoyed visiting your friend D today.

@bling_dream19 I used to enjoy doing cross stitch; I doubt I could see to do it now though. What are you making? Your dolphins pendant is so sweet. I was very excited getting to see some dolphins swim by when we were staying at the beach house in SC. Big time excitement for a Wyoming girl.

I was able to see the comet really well last night through binoculars. It looks clear tonight so I might be able to catch it again. I wrote my August article today for the paper and thought an article about great comets would be topical. I’ll proof read it tomorrow and get it sent off then.

I finished my laundry and did my lifting this morning. Marty grilled steaks for lunch so we had a lazy day.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is a comet picture a friend of mine took.
Aarons.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM lovely ladies! It's Monday already, wow.
I have to give Tommy his meds and I just wanted to say a quick good morning. It's another hot day here so will share our delicious ice cream from yesterday and also share the lovely flowers my girlfriend brought me yesterday AM.

yellowrosesfromdenise.png

icecreamdaysjuly2020.png

@marcy wonderful photo. You can really see that comet. Yay for lifting and grilling and relaxing too. It was a perfect Sunday. Plus you did laundry. Nice. Hope you have a good Monday. XOXO,

Ok here are my dolphins! And we saw 3 today! Hubby gave me this necklace for this last Valentine's, our first married, to commemorate our swimming with dolphins in our honeymoon on key largo this past December. Ok this is it! No more nautical jewels until I do my my seashell set! Thanks for the love and sending it forward. 20200719_202454.jpg

OMG LOVE the dolphins. So sweet. :love: I also love the sentiment behind it. And you can never have too much nautical jewelry IMO. Looks amazing on you! Haha I am glad your DH enjoyed the non dairy ice cream. It is pretty good depending on the brand. What a lovely weekend you enjoyed and hope the week is a good one too. Hugs.

@Slick1 hope you had a great rest of your weekend and are doing well. Sending you hugs and lots of good wishes.

Hi to everyone else. We had a good Sunday. It was hot but we managed to cycle after my friend D visited and it was a lovely visit. I will have to ask her if I can share her photo here but in the meantime here is one she took of me yesterday during her visit.

missyinbackyardjuly2020.png

OK off to attempt giving Tommy his thyroid meds. I will be back later. Today the heat indices is hitting 110 degrees F. Oy to the vey. Off to PT early and then we shall see. Hugs to my sweet NIRDI friends.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and our neighbor's dog came by to say hi yesterday. We are so fortunate that all our neighbors are wonderful. After the difficult ones moved away it is purrfection now.

This little pup was tiny just less than a year ago. He is a sweetheart and his coat so shiny.
And he isn't little anymore.

andythedog.jpeg.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BC7D5D4F-9C45-4E6A-9750-2CD1E91F3385.jpeg

Video of a buck enjoying a snack right now.

It’s super hot out and because of that it’s calm and quiet here and lots more wildlife around. ❤️

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thankfully no swarms of flying ants here @Jimmianne. We usually have one day, I think in June, which we call flying ant day, but then they’re usually gone. I wonder what other biblical event will happen this year, we’ve had ‘plague’ now ‘locusts’ (ants), what else is there?

What a shame about the one that got away @marcy, why do we talk ourselves out of things, when we know it’s unlikely to be there another time? I try to console myself with the fact that something better will come along, and so far, it has. At least sapphire shopping will be something to look forward, and it’s great you can trade in, I don’t think that’s a thing here. I love seeing the comet photos.

Your lovely dolphins are precious @bling_dream19, what a sweet and thoughtful gift.

Oooo @Niffler75 what lovely spinels, how about a station necklace? Your ring turned out beautifully, such a joyous vibrant colour.

Glad you’re able to enjoy the pool and the ocean @junebug17, sounds lovely and relaxing. I was just saying to Colin life is feeling more ‘normal’ lately because we’re not totally housebound and even social distancing with friends is relatively easy. We all wear masks when we go out, and not really mixing widely, so don’t feel at particular risk.

I’m so glad you’ve managed to get in your rides and of course, ice cream @missy, I hope it gives you some respite from all the madness that’s going on, and makes you feel you at least have control over that. Good news that your visit with your friend went well, I’m sure it helped her a lot being able to come over and chat. It’ll be lovely to be able to spend time with your parents, especially when you can enjoy the view. Your neighbour’s doggie is lovely.

I hope things are moving along with the house @Bayek, do you have a completion date yet?

Hi @MamaBee, hope all is well with you and yours.

We made the decision yesterday, that we’re going to get new furniture for the orangery. Whilst we love what we have, it’ll be 10 years old by the time we move, and we had already decided we wouldn’t take it with us. Plus, anything new we buy will come with us, and make the house look more appealing, so we went out yesterday and visited a few showrooms. We did find something we like very much, so came home and measured up and discussed our options.

We spent time planting a new hydrangea in the front yesterday afternoon, and feeding and watering all the tubs. I also did lots of laundry.

We decided to go and order the furniture this morning, and as the place is near Costco, we went in there and bought fruit. They have made it compulsory for customer to also wear masks now, which suits us fine.

We’ve just got back from playing golf, played somewhat better than last week, so at least there’s progress :lol:

This is what we’ve ordered, 2 x 2 seaters and a double wide footstool that converts to a chair!

A96218A4-F790-42FE-8589-B939693719CB.jpeg
We actually went for this colour, although IRL is slightly more duck egg.

Hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, beautiful sofa design and color. Would love to know what the flooring under it will be...a rug? And if so, what is that like? This furniture will make a super room. You are inspiring me with that photo.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi girls..My son, Chris, just called me to say he may have Covid. He has 102.5 fever yesterday with body aches and sore throat. He’s been taking aspirin which didn’t bring the fever down. He says he feels better today and no fever but is still taking the aspirin. He still has the body aches like someone beat him up....and a sore throat. He got the test yesterday so he won’t know until tomorrow or the next day. He’s hoping it’s the flu but it’s too early in the season for that. :pray:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls..My son, Chris, just called me to say he may have Covid. He has 102.5 fever yesterday with body aches and sore throat. He’s been taking aspirin which didn’t bring the fever down. He says he feels better today and no fever but is still taking the aspirin. He still has the body aches like someone beat him up....and a sore throat. He got the test yesterday so he won’t know until tomorrow or the next day. He’s hoping it’s the flu but it’s too early in the season for that. :pray:

@MamaBee, I'm sorry and I hope Chris is feeling better very soon. It's a good sign he's no worse. Hoping for a negative test, hang in there. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh I am so sorry @MamaBee and I am hoping it turns out to be something more innocuous. Sending Chris bucketloads of healing dust and sending you big hugs. Hang in there. Keeping you and Chris in my thoughts and prayers.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee I am sorry to hear about Chris! Hope he gets the results speedily tomorrow and wishing him a speedy recovery.

Sorry for being a little absent the last few days. Feeling a bit blurgh #ehlersdanlos kicking my a!@.

images.jpeg-5.jpg

Reading everyone's post and keeping everyone in my thoughts! x

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I’m so sorry @MamaBee, keeping everything crossed it’s not the virus.

Take care and I hope you start to feel better soon @Niffler75.

The floor in the orangery is travertine @Jimmianne, plus it’s got underfloor heating, so we leave it uncovered. In the next house, we’ll have to see what’s there before deciding on whether we’ll get a rug.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Niffler75 I’m sorry you’re not feeling well..I hope you will feel better soon.
Thank you @junebug17 @missy @Austina @Niffler75 for the wishes for Chris. He says he’s feeling better today. He said he’s so tired and keeps sleeping. I hope it’s some other bug..
@Austina I love the color of your couch! Is it leather? Robin’s Egg Blue is my favorite color.
@missy The pic of Gracie hanging on your curtains is so funny! You look so cute in the pic with that beautiful blue water in the background. I can say that because I’m old. I have lots of deer here in Pa. They eat my hostas to the ground. They’re so cute I don’t mind. They think they’re going to the salad bar. Hahaha
I’m happy you and Austina are seeing friends..I feel more normal when I get out of the house. Everyone is crazy here without masks so I wouldn’t attempt to go too far. We’ve been getting ice cream. I
had cookie dough on Saturday..Yummmmm
@Jimmianne How about Roger for short? :lol: He’s a cutie..
Hi everyone else. Will be back..XO

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am IN LOVE!

Austina, hi. Delta-AirFrance allows dogs and cats small enough to fit under your seat on international flights. I hope. That’s what it says on the website. But no animals in business class.
I knew it was fou fou to complicate life with a dog, and he will be a hassle if I have to travel, but I was so darned tired of being alone with few contacts, and no physical contact with any living thing. I felt great trepidation about the whole thing; due to my age it was the first time I have ever felt fear regarding getting a young dog.
However.
He is perfect for me to enjoy and to train. Smart, wanting to please, bold, confident and affectionate. He walked into my house as though he had been here a million times.
He is six months old, weighs perhaps two pounds, (near his adult size and weight). He has only barked once and that was when he saw himself in the mirror.
58EF7E65-D620-45A7-A1A0-524DC2523DCA.jpeg FCD39C27-32D4-480C-9D45-0E0B21655FAE.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake yes! I know that missing our grands Callie, but your nephew is right and I'm glad I read what he said, made me feel better, I facetime Auti every day just about but she's 15 mos and she's shy now, we ARE going over there for outside eating this coming weekend, and Callie girl, thank you for your wonderful and kind words about my annoying new house and yes memories will be made :) you and me Callie, we will save the USA! Oh thank you SO MUCH saying Auti is so cute, she is! but she is a minx, and being the nutcase mother was (am?) I don't like that she isn't walking or speaking, she can say Nana (banana) and she can stand up, I do know she is afraid of walking... oh well, my son and DIL are good parents and if they feel something is amiss they will take her in... I know every baby is different.. never fear Callie we will persevere and win! and people like she who shall remain not said or spoken of in name will melt! hahaha I am a bitch. :) sending love!

Ah my @missy the Marvelous, thank you :) Auti is fine and we are going to go over to Mike's house to have a meal this coming weekend, distance and masks are mandatory. Yup a zucchini and what a gorgeous one, when I saw it I thought "hmm Greg is going to love to roast this baby!" Thanks for keeping me in the loop with your nieces Missy, I have such faith in them and their generation, they are going to be very strong and progressive, and they are beautiful and look more like you than your sister! So Chris is good, he was eating Mario's pizza (near his apt in Clinton HIll) and I misty eyed missing my son, you guys and the city.. talked to Katie and she is very good, talked to Dan and the big sisters and Neve are all at camp! Kate sent me a pix of Neve with a mask playing tennis, dang it seemed like she was just 3, time... this gives Anne and Dan and Evan alone time! I believe they are all up at their Catskill house, Dan's business is very near there and he runs it out of PA (cheaper taxes).. :) he's doing well, only doing manufacturing, no more showroom and office in Brooklyn, no more partner, no more working with architects, he's strictly out there taking orders from designers and making good money manufacturing handmade furniture.. he's good :) I cannot afford him though. Mike is good and so is Cara and Auti. Sweetie I'm not making a ring :( sadly we are going thru money like water on the house! but I did have plans to reset my old stone in a semi bezel pendant sometime this year I hope.. :) People are strange these days Missy, the guy across the street is so negative that I don't make eye contact with, he's just grumps all the way.. I do believe Texans are starting to see what a mess they are in... ugh. Aww Gracie, hee hee, I love kittens and cats, one has to love our kids more than our walls and that's the truth! she is beautiful Mom! :) Bobby looks good Miss

@MamaBee Hi Joanne sounds like you have the Missy and Kate disease, I'm up at night at least and hour or two with pain and then I take ibuprofen and it doesn't abate but it lessens and then I can go to sleep, I hate taking ibuprofen every day it's REALLY bad for our kidneys, they wont give me anything else because of people who misused vicodin :( it worked great for me the ONLY bad thing or actually 2 bad things, first off I had to move up in strength and 2 it allowed me to put off the surgery until I was in agony :) Hey you are never ever going to be a Karen! none of us here are like that, first I think Karen's are racists, while they deny it, they are, second they don't recognized they are entitled and speak down to the normal people and think they are fine.. NEVER EVER Joanne would you be that way... I've been haughty to people who rub me the wrong way, but I never feel entitled.. you are wonderful.

@marcy HOLA! we were never ever able to catch sight of the comet and I spent about 45 minutes looking at 2:00 a.m. but I saw shooting stars which sorta filled the hole :) I love the looks of your breakfast... pancakes! I love them, John likes waffles way more so we eat more waffles, good for me because I don't eat as many and good for him because he's happy :) xo

@Austina so glad you are busy and that you can keep your dentist! great news, it's very hot here and today I think it's hot even in Jersey where Missy is. Not enough that we have Covid-19 that we have this horrid heat. sending love your way.

Gotta make dinner so I will be back, I've only read to saturday!

love you guys!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

@missy great shot of you all dressed up and looking pretty on your deck. Glad you had a nice time visiting your friend. The flowers your friend brought you are very pretty. That ice cream looks delicious and that sounds HOT there today. I hope PT went well for you. Sweet deer picture.

@Austina you know the aliens are coming this year too, right? You are right a better sapphire will always come along but I want that Pad someday. The store I buy sapphires from had a great upgrade policy. Any loose diamond or gemstone can be traded in for any other stone as long as it costs one dollar more. Their jewelry can be traded in for another piece of jewelry as long as it cost twice as much. There are some great comet photos online; I spend lots of time enjoying them. I love the new furniture you picked out; great color and it looks very comfy. Sweet. Nice you had a good golf game.

@Jimmianne how is your sweet puppy doing?

@MamaBee I am so sorry to hear Chris is sick and I hope it isn’t COVID; I hope he recovers quickly. Glad you are enjoying some cookie dough ice cream.

@junebug17 how are you doing?

@Niiffler75 I hope you are doing better. Darn those pesky rice krispie body noises.

@Bayek that’s great you saw a shooting star. Darn you didn’t see the comet; about the best time now is 10 pm. It is under the Big Dipper. That’s sweet you make waffles since that is what John likes. I like both pancakes and waffles but don’t have them too often. They are on Marty’s list of “crap” he rarely eats. That’s why I order them when we go out.

I had a crazy, busy day at work. Baseball started already so a lot of stuff got dumped on us today. One of my employees went home at noon. Some things didn't get done, got forgot or slipped through our fingers so I spent about 90 minutes tonight catching us up through what we need done for tomorrow. I will just remind everyone tomorrow we need to be better at staying on top of things and asking for help.

On top of being busy everything I touched seemed to break or go wrong. That continued when I got home; I was making myself a hamburger patty over the open dishwasher and dropped it right in the dishwasher - luckily it was on dirty dishes. I grilled me another burger and had to get it off the grill in the rain. Glad I was able to get my car home without incident.

Here are a few pictures after our storm tonight. I love that the wide angle of my camera can get the entire rainbow including the double rainbow.

Take care.
Marcy

IMG_0984.jpg IMG_1186.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results