shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ I love white flaky fish and I also love Sardines. I think Sea Bream is Dorada or Orata and it seems to be interchangeable in terminology in restaurants here at least. I also prefer fish grilled and that is generally how I have it. With fresh olive oil and lemon only. I like to keep things simple and tasty and do not like adding much of anything to what I am eating.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy ... olive oil &lemmon is my favorite sauce / vinaigrette ... Some of the local olive oilis so green & acidic, lemmon is besides the point. Herbs make me happy! - they are the best pretext for a walk out in the hills every week or so. [lavender in coffee is a must try, IHMO better than mint]

over & out, or else

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, oh no that you hit your finger and it hurts so much. My uneducated guess it that you just irritated it and didn’t cause any damage. I think it’s just tender and sore now in general and anytime your touch it or bump it you are going to really notice it. My sister that lost her finger above her third knuckle has to massage it all them time to help it and she says it is terribly painful so she definitely knows exactly what you are feeling. I hope it gets better as the day goes by; and no I’m not sorry I asked. It may always be sensitive after what it’s been through. We can call those kind of things our battles scars, right? And say well you should see the other guy. Love those earrings on you; they look huge too. Just think I’ll have some dangle earrings to add to your other thread soon. My new hair cut will work better for earrings too; I noticed since the top is layered I can pull my hair behind my ear without it falling back off. Ooh. Maybe I’ll get to see our earrings er I mean my earrings sometimes. I hope you enjoy the lovely day. It’s nice and springlike here today as well.

AV, Marty would love to have that much fish around to eat. When we are by the shore he eats fresh fish almost every day. Teaching the rugby team sounds like a lot of fun. Teaching positions are really hard to get here too. After people student teach they either get on substitute teaching hoping to find a school that likes them to eventually work in to a permanent position or accept a position at a rural school to get some tenure. The only reason I ended up teaching was the local science teachers were teaching astronomy at the college and then would quit after a few years and every time they quit they would give the college my name. I’d always turn them down since I wasn’t a teacher - they just knew me from the astronomy club. One semester the high school teacher who had accepted the position got really sick and was bedridden for 6 months so they asked me to fill in for her. I was the most awful teacher ever when I started. I had no extras like overheads, slides, videos and less than a week to prepare. A lot of students quit after the first night because I jumped in the first night and basically read my notes to them. They enrolled me in some teaching classes and by the second semester I was good to go. My classes were very popular. They let me go in 2013 though because I didn’t have any masters credits in my field. It was nice being paid to talk about something I love. Love it - over & out or else.

My last batch of laundry is in the dryer. I need to round up stuff for our Nebraska outing and study my employee appraisals since we’ll be giving them out this week.

Take care.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I hope Greg was able to make some progress on the bike. Love the pics of all your furbabies, they are the sweetest things! :love: Looks like Zoe put on a half a pound so she's heading in the right direction. I'm really sorry your finger is so painful! Hopefully it's just aggravated by being bumped and I do hope it starts feeling better soon. LOVE those OEC earrings! They look really lovely on you!

@marcy, LOL to Marty and his shenanigans...he must be feeling better! Nice that you're going with Marty to his competion, it's good to get away from the usual routine for a few days. Sorry about the crooked bangs and hopefully you can play around with them and get them looking the way you want. I agree...one good thing about shorter hair is our earrings are more visable!

@Calliecake, still undecided about the ring! I'm thinking the oval is kind of a similar look to my OEC halo, I don't know. I hope your dh is feeling better and you and he had a nice weekend. Did your niece have her baby?

@AV_, I hope you're making progress on your letter writing to the recipients of your thesis. It's great you have fond memories of teaching Econ to rugby students...and yes, it's less intimidating to teach someone who knows less than you LOL.

@Austina, yay to a quiet, relaxing weekend, it's my favorite kind lol. Glad you had a good time with your friends. It's nice you were able to help your dentist out with her diamond choice, and I agree that an ACA is a clear winner!

@Jimmianne, I hope you are recovering from all the excitement of the wedding.

@Tekate, hope you're having a good trip.

@ringo865 and @Sandeek, thinking of you both. Xxx

I went to my friend's house yesterday and stayed overnight. We had a good time...went to some antique stores and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant. We watched the movie Chocolat with Johnny Depp and I really enjoyed it...I had never seen it. Very well done and entertaining. Her two daughters were there as well and it was fun catching up with them.

That's about it for me, take care everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, it sounds like you had a great time visiting your friend. Did you find anything cool at the antique stores? My aunt loves to go shopping at antique stores. We took her to one near Beaver Creek and they had a fairly large Stuffed Snoopy flying his Sopwith Camel plane and if we'd had room at our old house I would have bought it. Now that I have enough room for it do you think I can find it again? I will have to watch for Chocolat, it sounds entertaining. I am looking forward to a few days away. My bangs look better after they dry; I am wondering if she cut them as side bangs. I guess I could try them that way. Glad to hear you are still thinking about one of those rings.

I finished my summer star gazing tips article and am working on my May article now. I keep getting them done so late they don't make it in to the paper until the 2nd weekend of the month so I need to get them knocked out sooner. Marty proof read it for me so that was a big help.

Bye :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 wonderful news about Zoe gaining some weight. That is substantial for a little kitty. May sweet Zoe continue to do well. What a lovely time you enjoyed with your friend. The perfect way to spend your weekend when your dh is away. Catching up on some quality girlfriend time. Love it.

I think I tore some of the scab off accidentally and perhaps some of the healthy skin too? I think that is why it is hurting if I touch it. I didn't bang it but stupidly reached into my pocketbook on Saturday to get my gloves before leaving the jewelry shoppe and immediately intense pain. I forgot about that finger for a moment when I reached into my bag and that was stupid of me and now I am not sure what is going on but if I cover it with a bandaid it helps the pain and only hurts if I touch it. I do not want to call or see the surgeon and am hoping it heals over soon. Lately the story of my life. Anyway thank you for caring and I hope you have a good Monday. (((Hugs))).

By the way Junie I am living vicariously through you and the other ladies who are bling shopping and cannot wait to see what you decide to get. Movalicious, Ovalicious anything you get will be just delicious I know. I love your entire collection Junie. So much.:love:

@marcy oh no, please remind me what happened to your sister's finger as I don't remember. Please see my explanation above to Junie as to what I think happened with my finger. I really pulled a "Lucy" this time or as we know it...Now I Really Did it.::) I am so sorry about your sister's ongoing pain. That sucks. I look forward to seeing your earring addition to the dangle thread. Yes the earrings I tried on are TDF but I don't want to spend that much money. I am tempted though. I really am. But I have so many dangles and so many earrings and I feel it would be wasteful of me to spend all that money on these. But the faceting is gorgeous and the stones very clean and chunkalicious. Oh my. I wish I didn't have so many other expenses and then I would make those earrings mine. And you were right that first time...about getting "our" earrings. :mrgreen2: OK OK your earrings. :wink2: :cheeky:

@Sandeek sending continued bucketloads of healing dust your way and lots of love. You are a champ doing those infusions before dawn and teaching all day and going back home and infusing again. I hope you are getting stronger and better each day and feeling more and more like your old self. (((HUGS))).

@AV_ yes oil and lemon is the way to go with preparing fish. I am now hungry for dinner at 6:45 AM :lol:
Any out of the ordinary plans for the week?

@Tekate hope you had a good weekend and are feeling well. (((HUGS))).

Hi to everyone else. Have a good Monday and sending hugs your way. Leaving you with a photo of our day yesterday. Another perfect weather day. Love this part of Spring.

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 6.49.24 AM.png
I don't know if you can tell but I am wearing my over the thigh high boots from Stuart Weitzman. First time I wore them all year (2018/2019) as I forgot I had them and didn't realize it til I went shopping in my closet lol.

and we enjoyed some ice cream (sorbet for me) too!

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 6.50.01 AM.png

Enjoy a marvelous Monday girls!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning girls! I will be back later today..but would love an opinion on something food related..It won’t be until next week but I’m a planner so like to have it organized in my mind..
I’m going to make a meatloaf dinner for fifteen hungry men that I will need to transport hot before 5:30. I’m going to make roasted potatoes, salad, bread, and dessert. I know it’s two starches but they requested bread and potatoes. I’m wondering how much meat I would need to buy..I was thinking ten pounds..There will be breadcrumbs in the recipe..but not too much..Should I make individual meatloafs on different days..freeze them..and then heat them up? I can’t make a huge meatloaf because it will take too long to cook. I know what to do with the potatoes, salad and dessert..but the amount of meat has me stumped. Thank you! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I will be back later today..but would love an opinion on something food related..It won’t be until next week but I’m a planner so like to have it organized in my mind..
I’m going to make a meatloaf dinner for fifteen hungry men that I will need to transport hot before 5:30. I’m going to make roasted potatoes, salad, bread, and dessert. I know it’s two starches but they requested bread and potatoes. I’m wondering how much meat I would need to buy..I was thinking ten pounds..There will be breadcrumbs in the recipe..but not too much..Should I make individual meatloafs on different days..freeze them..and then heat them up? I can’t make a huge meatloaf because it will take too long to cook. I know what to do with the potatoes, salad and dessert..but the amount of meat has me stumped. Thank you! :kiss2:

@Mamabean I googled this.

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-right-amount-of-meat-to-serve-per-person-112577

“When Meat Is the Main: When cooking something like steak, roast, chicken, or pork, where meat is the main feature of the meal and paired with a few side dishes, we recommend about 1/2 pound (eight ounces) per person, up to 3/4 (12 ounces) pound for bigger appetites and those who love leftovers.Jul 15, 2015”

I like your idea of making smaller meatloafs to make it more feasible and practical.
HTH. Greg’s on a work Conference call or I’d ask him. I will later though. Good luck.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy If only there were anything ordinary this week! I know that it will end with Palm Sunday - between now & then... except for 'beer & thesis party' on Wednesday [or next week! - or so I hear].

It rained since Friday - ostensibly until tomorrow; each of many short showers barely wets the dust, else it'd be The Flood. Gray weather is a nudge to work - which is welcome now. Because I am relatively high over a wide mountain valley, the lowest clouds fill the street!

If I live, I'll tell

@Mamabean I'd add that one desperate solution to baking a Large meatloaf is to have it in a donut shape - with the hole at least as wide as the ring is thick. The form is common back in the country for just about anything large & baked. I can't think of any secret to this, but wouldn't do it for the first time with guests waiting, sure enough... A lamb & herbs loaf is an Easter dish I adore & will not be making this year - roast will do.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I googled this.

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-right-amount-of-meat-to-serve-per-person-112577

“When Meat Is the Main: When cooking something like steak, roast, chicken, or pork, where meat is the main feature of the meal and paired with a few side dishes, we recommend about 1/2 pound (eight ounces) per person, up to 3/4 (12 ounces) pound for bigger appetites and those who love leftovers.Jul 15, 2015”

I like your idea of making smaller meatloafs to make it more feasible and practical.
HTH. Greg’s on a work Conference call or I’d ask him. I will later though. Good luck.
I should have googled it! Thank you! I think I’ll make 12 pounds to round it off because it’s ground meat and it will shrink when cooking..They have voracious appetites so I’ll go with the 12 ounces each. There are breadcrumbs in it so it will stretch it a little. Twelve pounds should do it..Thanks! If anyone knows how to cook this amount and get it there hot...please help..:lol-2:.Should I make smaller meat loaves and freeze them? I could make them the day before..Do you think they will still be moist?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh @missy, I hope your finger is less sore today, that kind of thing is so easily done without thinking. How did your appointment go today?

Your weather looks lovely, and I’m glad you’re getting out and about to enjoy it. :drool: Yum to the ice cream and sorbet, I had some limoncello gelato yesterday, sharp enough to be tangy without being acidic. Colin had amaretto gelato. Those earrings look lovely, such a perfect size, how did you leave without them :D?

I haven’t had meatloaf for ages @Mamabean , I add green peppercorns to mine to give it a bit of bite! You’ve got a lot of cooking to do. Ideally, it would be good to make them on the day, wrap them in foil, and then put in an insulated bag to keep them hot and moist. Not sure that’s going to be practical with such a large quantity. I would think it’d be better to make several in loaf tins, as they’ll cook more evenly than larger batches. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Good news that Zoe is doing well @junebug17, you must be relieved. Sounds like you had fun with your friend window shopping. Marquise :cool2: I love the finger coverage and different look it has, but I know I’m probably in the minority of PS bling babes.

I hope your DH is feeling better @Calliecake, poor sausage. Any news on the baby yet, hopefully your niece has been safely delivered?

You’ve put the visions in my mind of your thesis hanging amongst cured hams now @AV_ :lol: I hope you’ve had a productive weekend but still had time to relax.

So you’re the roadie and equipment manager @marcy ? :mrgreen2: Tell Marty the fee is a pair of diamond earrings, not long to wait now, I’m sure they’re going to be stunning. I’m sorry the hairdresser hasn’t done your hair how you wanted, it’s always a risk having someone new do it.

I ended up cleaning my ovens this weekend, not hard work, they’re self cleaning, and it really works. I bought a kit for the shelves, you put them in a large zip loc bag (provided) pour on the goo and leave overnight. They’ve come out sparkling clean and spotless!

We took Dottie to the vet this morning for her annual jabs, and while we were there, I mentioned another lump I’d found on her. He did a needle biopsy, and confirmed it’s just a fatty lump. She was a very good girl and didn’t flinch.

I’m absolutely zonked, I didn’t get to sleep till nearly 2am :(2

Big hugs to all the lovely NIRDIs dealing with issues.

:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina It took longer than those to cure... DONE

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, nice to hear Zoe put on some weight. Does she seem to be feeling better? I tried to wear my bangs as side bangs today thinking maybe that is why she cut them that way; that didn’t work at all and clumped up plus looked pretty dorky. I might stop by another salon after work tomorrow and have someone fix them for me.

Missy, I bet tearing a scab and skin off of your finger would be very painful. Those earrings do look like they are very well cut and looked fabulous on you. I am looking forward to our earrings showing up the end of the month. Love the picture of you and Greg. The ice cream looks delicious but I noticed your gorgeous diamond first.

Here’s a sorry you asked answer. My sister’s finger was pretty much the result of greed and worrying that she wouldn’t get her fair share. When we were cleaning out my parent’s house she and her husband were coming in during the week and taking crystal, china, jewelry and tools. My dad was a mechanic by trade so had a lot of Snap-on Tools and several Snap-on tool chests. Those chests weigh over 350 pounds. She and her husband had emptied the tool boxes then were trying to load one of the tool chests in the back of their pickup and it went to fall; he let go of it and she put her hand under it and got her hand smashed between the chest and the tailgate. It smashed off her ring finger past the inner knuckle and flattened her middle finger past the inner knuckle. They couldn’t re-attach her finger and she had severe nerve damage in both fingers. She had to do therapy for quite a while and part of the therapy was rubbing on the finger to help desensitize it. I know she still has trouble with it, the 1/2 inch that is left past the knuckle just hangs and she can’t move it. If she’d just been up front with me saying hey we want the tools it would have never happened. A few weekends before that happened we were all kind of picking out what we wanted she didn’t say a thing. My dad had a lot of buddies and between them and the men in my family there were easily 12 grown men in the garage that weekend who could have easily loaded that heavy tool chest for them. My BIL wasn’t coming in to help on the weekends so we never saw him. The night it happened my BIL didn’t know how to warm my dad’s garage so he finally called me from the hospital while my sister was in surgery to go look up my parent’s house. It was 11:30 at night so I wasn’t pleased being in the alley that late at night by myself. Then I went to the hospital and found out what they’d been doing. I should have never shown her how to arm and disarm the alarm on the garage. My mom had quite the collection of crystal and china and I noticed on the weekends we were all there she’d write down the names of patterns off the bottom and then stuff started disappearing. I am sure she was checking prices on Ebay then taking things that were worth money. She is always worried she is getting cheated. Every time I split up something between the 3 of us if there was an extra penny or two I told the bank to put it on her check.

Mamabean, I always cook more than recommended portions so for 15 men I might go a pound a piece on the meatloaf. I agree cooking it all in one loaf would take a long time. Your menu sounds great. You can make the meatloaves ahead of time and freeze them. I would bake them that day and wrap them in double foil then put them in an insulated bag; it should stay hot quite a while that way. How far are you traveling? I like Austina’s idea of using tins; less dishes and you could still wrap them in foil and put them in a bag.

AV, ooh a beer and thesis party. Sounds great. I hope you are surviving all the rain. We could have another blizzard this week. Joy.

Austina, you had my attention at amaretto gelato. Sounds delicious. I like being the roadie and equipment manager. I should pick up a clip board and a whistle. That would be funny. I put a clip on my bangs when I got home today; they are annoying me. I’ve had them pulled back for so long it may take a while to adapt to them on my forehead again. What a relief the lump on Dottie was fatty tissue. Marty had a big one on his back they had to cut out; I of course told him it must have slipped down there from his head. That sounds like a great way to clean your racks; I’ll have to look for one of those cleaning bags. I hope you get a good night’s sleep tonight.

It was near 70 here today. Woo hoo! I got my annual appraisal. It was good. I also will be getting 6.2 more cents per hour to babysit. I am NOT looking forward to giving my employees their appraisals this week. Wish me luck on that.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Tuesday!

@AV_ how goes your week? Is it still raining? Party tomorrow?

@Mamabean I asked Greg and he said why don't you split the meatloaf into three or four so it is more manageable that way and no need to make more individual meatloafs than that.

@Austina thanks I am feeling better today. The OT was great yesterday and she was very gentle. You should have seen me when she was massaging the surgical site. I kept my hand flinched as if to pull it away at any second. I was really concerned because the pain on that finger if touched a certain way was a 10. A 10! Anyway hoping today goes as well because I am still apprehensive and do not want her to touch that one specific area. I want to feel confident it is safe to manipulate and I do not feel it is there yet. But she might have different thoughts lol. We will see.

I am not a fan of gelato. When we were in Italy for 3 weeks we had gelato each night and after a while it was just too sweet for me and I have been turned off it ever since. Glad you enjoy it though. Isn't it funny how our tastes change and I wouldn't be surprised if I start enjoying it again. You never know. I find the sorbet a bit too sweet as well. I love real ice cream but never mind that. Maybe one day...

Relieved it is just another fatty lump on Dottie and nothing serious. Haha we all have some of those :P2.
Sorry you didn't sleep too well the night before and hope you slept better last night.

@marcy haha thanks. When I looked at the photos after we got home I said to Greg hey couldn't you have captured a better shot of Bubbalah. Men.:wink2: We enjoyed more ice cream after OT yesterday. I will share a photo below. Wow to it being almost 70 degrees by you yesterday. It was in the 60s here but today is much cooler.

OMG what an awful story about your sister. I feel so sad for her. Greed is bad and what a shame she experienced that terrible accident because of greed. You are such a good sister to always make sure she gets a little more than her share so she won't feel cheated. SMH here. She is lucky she has you Marcy. I am sorry she still is in discomfort from that too. :(sad

Yay for a great appraisal at work and I never had a doubt. Good luck with your employee appraisals. That won't be much fun at all and I hope it goes painlessly.

@Sandeek how was your day yesterday and I hope you had a restful night's sleep. I am feeling better today. Thanks so much for all your concern and caring. I hope your infusions are going fast and easily and that all is proceeding smoothly. Sending you more hugs and healing vibes. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate how is Evan doing and how is everyone by you?

@Calliecake congrats on the LO's birth and hope your dh is feeling better today.

Yesterday after my OT session Greg and I went for a stroll and got some delicious ice cream/sorbet. It was yummy and the day was gorgeous.

At OT waiting

bubbalahanddhring.jpg.png

During OT

OT.jpg.png

After OT
icecreamandbubbalah.jpg.png

I started taking photos of Bubbalah (no easy feat with using my left hand to take the photos) and then I realized uh oh not the smartest thing to do outside in the area lol. I mean we weren't at the beach that is for sure. A boy came by and asked Greg to buy him ice cream. A boy that should have been in school. Yeah I shouldn't be taking photos of Bubbalah outside in such a public area in Brooklyn no no no. I have to check myself sometimes because it was not the smartest thing to do. But since I did here's a photo in the sun :whistle:

bubbalahoutside.jpeg.png

Sadly today Greg is going to work after my OT session but I cannot begrudge him that. He's been home with me while I've been recovering for the last 5 weeks pretty much the entire time save for one day so I guess it is time. Off to my morning OT session today in a little while. Fingers crossed no pain is involved and that area on my finger that was super painful is healing well. I do not like pain.:errrr:

Have a pain free happy day girls! (((Hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Darn 'brain leakeage' ! - you are recounting Marty's toying around much more than your own jokes, 'guess we are missing half the fun :shifty::clap:

@Austina Now - I - can't get the ham & thesis picture out of my head. If they let me, I'll hang the thing up there & take a shot! [I am such a sucker for everything cured, pickled, sauer etc. - this is a beautiful sight; as long as I am not in the pickle]

@missy Sorbet is a great invention... I am finding both the iced & the turkish variety around, both right up there at the top of my list of sweets to have.

It is a funny, distracting day: sun - rain - hail - sun - rain - fog ... Thursday is expected to be summer again & likely party time [postponed due to weather - an open terace is the meeting place of choice, unless it still rains - then, we'll be convening under the hams as usual]

___
edited to add

@missy, we were writing in the same time - if not at the same length ,) Will catch up...

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, great pic of you and Greg! The ice cream and sorbet look delicious, yum. It's great that you rediscovered some boots in your closet, that's always a nice surprise. Beautiful pics of Bubbalah! Sending lots of healing vibes to you, I hope your finger is starting to be at least a little less painful for you.

@marcy, we saw some interesting things...vintage tennis rackets, radios, lamps, old toys, things like that. Lots of glasses and ceramics too. No jewelry though, boo. Good for you for getting your article and tips done now...I know it's really easy to procrastinate on stuff like that lol. Oh my gosh, what a terrible and serious injury your sister had. Congratulations on your good appraisal! And sending you lots of good luck for getting through your employee's appraisals this week.

@Austina, very glad Dottie's lump was nothing serious. She's such a good girl. :kiss2: I'll have to look for those bags for cleaning oven racks, mine are in bad shape. I love marquise shapes too, so hard to decide.

@Mamabean, I had the same thought as others...heat them, wrap in foil, and put in an insulated bag. I don't think you'd have to freeze them if you make them the day before, I would think they'd keep in the fridge overnight. Otherwise you'll have to mess around with defrosting them. I would just reheat them the next day. Austina's idea of using tins is a good one.

@AV_, I hope the weather cooperates and you can hold your party outside :pray:

Not much going on here...just catching up on some laundry and cleaning. Will probably run a few errands too. I'm enjoying this warm weather, makes running errands a little more pleasant!

Have a great day everyone xxx

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ugh boo to no bling in the antique shops @junebug17. I saw on IG that Parksfinegroup had a gorgeous Marquise for sale and thought of you :whistle: Lucky you enjoying some good weather, it’s wet, miserable and cold here today.

Good grief @marcy, your sister’s accident sounds horrible. I hope you managed to get your hair sorted out yesterday, so you’re no longer wonky :D :dance: On getting a good appraisal, but please don’t go mad and blow all that extra cash at once :lol:

I’ll be looking forward to the photos @AV_ and keeping everything crossed that the weather cooperates for you on Thursday. It’s pretty miserable here today.

I hope your appointment went well today @missy, and she didn’t cause you any unnecessary pain. Bubbalah looks equally at home on your right hand, but yes, always wise to be cautious, wherever you are. Too many people on the make and wanting something for nothing.

The reason I liked the gelato so much was because it wasn’t too sweet, and being lemon based, it was really tangy, without being too sharp.

I must admit, since I bought my OTK boots, I’ve been wearing them nonstop, they’ve been my go to boots.

Nothing much going on here today, went to Pilates this morning, I was very stiff and tight, I really needed it. We went to Costco this afternoon, Colin wanted to get some of the Ring floodlights.

I hope all the NIRDIS having a difficult time are doing OK, continuing to think of you and send healing vibes your way.

:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
EB6019FF-8943-4A09-AD5F-BF6B09094698.gif Good morning girls! I was blissfully reading your old posts yesterday....You girls are so much fun!
@AV_ I hope you don’t have your party under the hams! That picture just cracks me up! I hope you have a beautiful..sunny day to celebrate with pickles and wine! You deserve it! :lol:
@missy I hope your OT session went well today! I’m glad the OT is being gentle..Greg has been amazing staying home with you up to this point...Yes..please be careful exposing Bubbalah when you’re in that neighborhood...I would turn it around when you’re walking too...I used to turn my ring around much more often when it was set in the cathedral setting..Now that it’s set so low I feel that it’s not as noticeable...but I am aware in neighborhoods that are sketchy...Thank you for asking Greg about the meat loaves...It’s also going to be heavy to carry..so breaking them up into smaller loaves will be the best for transporting.
@Austina..Thank you for suggesting the tins..That’s also a great idea..I’m even thinking of making meatloaf meatballs! That would be so easy..I’m Italian..I can roll meatballs in a flash! :lol: What is the name of the kit to clean the oven racks? My ovens are self-cleaning also but I have to remove the rails and racks which are a pain. My ovens really need a good cleaning.. Why don’t they develop a metal that can withstand the cleaning cycle. I hope they sell that kit here! :pray:I’m happy Dottie’s lump was benign. Bailey has a dozen of them..all benign...We had surgery to remove one because it was under his arm..but the others don’t bother him. I call him Lumpy sometimes..:P2
@marcy Thank you for the help with my meatloaves..I think I’m narrowing down what I’m going to do..I’m going to make them the day before in tins..and then wrap them in foil. I’m going to get one pound per person.This way they can have leftovers. Omg about your sister and her finger. It’s amazing that you give her a little more of everything because she seems to need that. Yay for your good appraisal! When will you get your diamond earrings? :appl:
@junebug17 That’s wonderful Zoe gained some weight! Did you ever decide on the oval ring?
@Sandeek I hope you’re doing well. You are a trooper..I hope it will all be over soon..
I went to Homegoods today and bought two new pillows for the family room couches....and new bunny coffee mugs for the Maryland house. They’re huge which will hold lots of my decaf coffee. If you ever see me drink a caffeinated coffee I would chew your ear off and clean your house. It makes me crazy...but I love decaf and drink huge cups in the morning. I think the tiny bit of caffeine left in there is enough to energize me. I’ll use those straight throughout the year..I love bunnies..
I don’t know if I mentioned that I ordered diamond huggie earrings from DK. I loved the diamonds in my cushion halo..so asked him to make me huggies with diamonds a little bigger than those...so not that big but the diamonds are very nice.
Sweet dreams!
:kiss2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, I am glad you are feeling better. Sorry your pain is a 10 during OT. I hope your therapy went okay today Too funny asking Greg to get better pictures of Bubbalah in the ice cream pictures. I do feel bad for my sister; she is kind of angry at the world. Both of your frozen treats looks delicious and of course the bling shots are awesome - rings and watches. Probably a good idea to not be looking at and taking pictures of your diamond out in public.

AV, too funny about brain damage. If I tell you guys the shenanigans I pull you’ll know I am an instigator as well. I hope the weather clears up for the party.

Junebug, wouldn’t it be great to find an awesome piece of jewelry especially at a very reasonable price in an antique store? I don’t seem to have much motivation on the articles for the newspaper. I used to submit one a month years ago and sadly I don’t have them anymore. It would be nice to have some ready to go. Glad you are enjoying some nice weather.

Austina, my sister’s accident was awful. I did not get my bangs tweaked today; I had a long day so I just came home after work. I’ll try not to blow all my new founded wealth at once. Lemon gelato sounds so good. That’s nice you enjoy your boots so much.

Mamabean, meatballs are a good idea too. My one concern on them is they wouldn’t stay warm as long. I left my racks in my oven the last time I ran the over cleaner and it sure altered their appearance. Oops. I think a pound a person is a good call. I always worry not having enough food for a crowd. My sister has always had middle child syndrome. After my dad died I sent both of my sisters a copy of the will and she didn’t think I sent her the whole thing so called the attorney to ask for her own copy. Of course that time and effort was billed to the estate. I was reporting to both sisters what money I spent for utilities, bills, etc. and I finally decided my parents trusted me to do this so I’m not defending everything I do to my sisters. My parents didn’t have much anyway. Nice that you got some new pillows and I’d love to see pictures of your bunny mugs. How fun. I can’t wait to see your new huggies. My earrings ship on March 29.

Not much going on. I am doing a few batches of laundry tonight. Tomorrow is iffy since another blizzard is moving in. NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Hump day Wednesday.

@junebug17 thanks always for your kind words and compassion. Glad Zoe is doing well and praying that continues. She is such a sweetie pie. Love her. Glad you enjoyed the warmer weather while it lasted. Yesterday was not nice weather by us. It was much colder than Tuesday and very overcast with some drizzle. Hope you are getting your much needed errands done. Sending hugs for you and Zoe.

@Sandeek hope you had a good night's sleep and that your infusions go easily today and good luck at the your morning meeting. Have a wonderful day and sending you buckets of healing vibes and hugs and love. The Moto jacket will be there ready and waiting for you when you are ready. We can be Moto twins.:kiss:

@missy Sorbet is a great invention... I am finding both the iced & the turkish variety around, both right up there at the top of my list of sweets to have.

It is a funny, distracting day: sun - rain - hail - sun - rain - fog ... Thursday is expected to be summer again & likely party time [postponed due to weather - an open terace is the meeting place of choice, unless it still rains - then, we'll be convening under the hams as usual]

Yes, often if we wait a minute our weather changes lol. Yesterday we also had sun and rain and fog. Mostly fog though and the temps dropped (it felt like) 30 degrees. Probably the temperature dropped more like 20 degrees F though. I do not know the different sorbets. Iced vs Turkish vs ? I will have to look that up. There is a new ice cream place due to open soon (do not know when it just said soon on the sign) near us and they are advertising Vegan ice cream which works for me. Always looking for new treats that I can enjoy so hopefully it will be delicious. :lickout:
Party time tomorrow...have fun and please share the fun with us. I hope the weather cooperates so you can enjoy the party outdoors.

@Mamabean glad to help. Those hungry men are lucky you are cooking for them. How thoughtful of you. :halo:

I don’t know if I mentioned that I ordered diamond huggie earrings from DK. I loved the diamonds in my cushion halo..so asked him to make me huggies with diamonds a little bigger than those...so not that big but the diamonds are very nice.

Ooooh I cannot wait. More earrings for the NIRDIs to enjoy (vicariously).:appl:The earrings sounds so lovely and very blingalicious. Love that you are getting slightly larger diamonds in the huggies. I am a big huggie fan. I also like giving and getting big hugs. :lol:

Thanks for asking about OT. Didn't go well yesterday. Will explain below.

@marcy oh nooooo I hope the blizzard decides to move away and not reach you. Unless you want a snow day and then let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
east%20coast%20psers.gif
Hope you got all your laundry done yesterday and good luck today. Drive safely please. Or better yet take a snow day. Even if it isn't snowing and just call it a mental health day.:halo:
So sad about your sister. Life can make us bitter or make us kinder. Our choice. We cannot control always what happens to us but we can control how we react to it. Life is unfair for sure but it sounds as if your sister has a big chip on her shoulder making her life even that more difficult and unfair (in her mind). You are the opposite Marcy. You take things with grace and humor and always make a bad situation better. (((Hugs))).

@Austina yup OTK boots are the bees knees IMO. LOVE them and in fact I will wear them until the temp hits the 80s if I want to :cheeky:. I am not a slave to what time of year it is if I want to wear my OTK boots I do. I always feel edgier in the cooler weather because the clothing allows me to express my personality better than the warmer weather where I am more often wearing sundresses which make me feel softer and less edgy and really my inner edginess is always screaming to get out when I am wearing a sundress and ballet flats lol. But if it's hot sometimes only a sundress will do if you kwim.

Maybe I was getting the wrong kind of gelato but mine was way too sweet. The lemon sorbet I had the other day was very tangy and combined with the mango flavor I also enjoyed that day it was the perfect complement. The mango was sweeter and the lemon was tangy and sharp.

I miss Pilates but dare not do it until my finger is healed more fully. Hope you had a good Pilates session Austina.

Yesterday was not a good OT day. The therapist was less careful and she re injured the painful area. We think the skin just needs to peel off the surgical site there to allow it to feel better as there is an area of skin peeling that is easily snagged right there. That is what we think is causing all the pain when touched/snagged and OMG the pain is off the charts. And believe me I have a high threshold of pain. SO once again I am covering it (against what the surgeon originally told me to do when I last saw him but this was not an issue at that time) to protect it because it is in a very vulnerable area. And once again OT is taking a back burner because I will do what is necessary to avoid severe pain. I wish I was a masochist just to be able to continue the finger and hand exercises so I do not lose range of motion but I am not so if it causes severe pain I will not be manipulating the finger. :errrr:

But I did vacuum for the first time yesterday when I got home from OT and Greg was very happy he didn't have to continue the vacuuming chores. LOL he does not like vacuuming but I do. Anyway I wore gloves when I vacuumed yesterday and it went OK. Sadly he still has to wash my hair in the sink. 5 plus weeks and counting. :(( I was able to cut up my own salad last night but I did not use that finger. I am doing finger avoidance because I am avoiding the pain. One can manage without that index finger. But I just don't want to manage without it. I want it back pretty please. :pray:

Leaving you with a photo of our tough Tommy boy laying all over Greg's clean shirts just back from the dry cleaners. LOL he always gravitates to where he knows he should not go. :P2

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 6.26.18 AM.png

and lastly a photo from my friend from Central Park yesterday at dusk. She recently moved to the city and is very much enjoying all it has to offer. :appl:
Hope you enjoy the photo she shared with me.

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 6.27.21 AM.png

Have a wonderful day girls! XO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy OMG..I can’t believe she hurt your finger! You can’t seem to catch a break with this! I’m so upset for you...Are you able to put anything over your finger to moisturize it that you’re not allergic to? Is the peeled back skin hard? I’m asking because I have the PPP on my heel and when it peels the pain is so bad..If I moisturize it and put on a sock it helps loosen the skin so it can come off. It’s the hard peeling skin cutting into the baby skin underneath that causes my pain. Unfortunately..you’re allergic to everything topical. The fingers cause more pain than anything else from what my derm told me..I’m hoping that your finger starts feeling better soon..This has been too long for you. You really have been handling this whole nightmare well..
I have a roofer coming today to see if they can put on a new ridge vent on my roof. No one has called me back because it’s a small job. The company coming today charged me a fee to come which I happily paid. I’m crossing fingers that they will come and do it after they inspect the roof. I also hired someone to paint my deck..because my son finked out on me..I really didn’t want him to do it anyway so I’m really relieved.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean! I am keeping it moist with my La Roche Posay Cicalfate tube I have from more than a decade ago lol. They no longer sell this moisturizer in the US and now have something similar but with Shea butter added and I might be allergic to Shea butter. So I continue using my old tube and hope I do not run out. I think the peeled skin is putting pressure over the surgical site when touched causing the severe pain. But I really don't know for sure. I just think wow after all this time I am still not healed. I am hoping I am getting there though fingers and toes crossed. I appreciate your input! I do not know what PPP is but it sounds painful and I hope it doesn't cause you distress anymore and that you remain pain free. Pain is exhausting.

So glad you got someone to paint your deck and that you managed to also get a roofer to come to your house. I know firsthand that is challenging. It's hard to get people to come even for bigger jobs at times. Weird but true. Hope it goes smoothly for you.

(((Hugs))) @Mamabean

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Serbet ... would mean this to me www (just found out about this other spelling & that there are hardly any recipes out there). What I have in mind is a sweet, sticky, very flavourful paste that is meant to be disolved in a drink (think semy-fluid candy!), but, of course, we kids would eat out of the jar. The concept of fruit & herbs & cold drink runs through all the incarnations of the recipes. I am a hugeeee fun - because the flavours are complicated like perfume, and some ingredients are there (violets & lavender & pine buds etc.) I do not make this often because the sticky sugar paste takes serious strength to mix - somewhat like caramel (I am a WHIMP!).

----

Savig NIRDI reading for the evening, I am swamped & need lunch...

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Hannibal Lecter waiting for the roof man!:lol-2:
72E2900E-F8B0-4BB9-87B5-CB860B41CEA1.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @missy, just a quick post, will catch up later. I googled the cream, and this came up, don’t know if it’ll be a suitable alternative for you?

https://www.skincarisma.com/compari...s--cicaplast-baume-b5-soothing-repairing-balm
You beat me! I googled it too! I hope it’s the same thing!

Thanks girls. That's the one I was talking about. Has some ingredients in it that is unfortunately not suitable for me. I am using the original Cicaplast. No B5 no Shea butter. Thanks so much though. You girls are the best. :kiss2:

https://www.makeupalley.com/product...ery-skincare/La-Roche-Posay/Treatments-(Face)

https://theskincarenovice.blog/2018...e-posay-cicaplast-baume-b5-comparison-review/

My tube is over a decade old and I am not even sure it is exactly the same as the first one I linked but it is closest to the first. And the newer one is a totally different consistency because I have that one too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Hannibal Lecter waiting for the roof man!:lol-2:
72E2900E-F8B0-4BB9-87B5-CB860B41CEA1.jpeg

Aww so precious!!! @Mamabean please give him a hug and kiss from me. Not the roof man (unless he deserves it that is and then feel free :lol: ) but my hugs are for your sweet pup.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
GM girls! Happy Hump day Wednesday.

@junebug17 thanks always for your kind words and compassion. Glad Zoe is doing well and praying that continues. She is such a sweetie pie. Love her. Glad you enjoyed the warmer weather while it lasted. Yesterday was not nice weather by us. It was much colder than Tuesday and very overcast with some drizzle. Hope you are getting your much needed errands done. Sending hugs for you and Zoe.

@Sandeek hope you had a good night's sleep and that your infusions go easily today and good luck at the your morning meeting. Have a wonderful day and sending you buckets of healing vibes and hugs and love. The Moto jacket will be there ready and waiting for you when you are ready. We can be Moto twins.:kiss:

Yes, often if we wait a minute our weather changes lol. Yesterday we also had sun and rain and fog. Mostly fog though and the temps dropped (it felt like) 30 degrees. Probably the temperature dropped more like 20 degrees F though. I do not know the different sorbets. Iced vs Turkish vs ? I will have to look that up. There is a new ice cream place due to open soon (do not know when it just said soon on the sign) near us and they are advertising Vegan ice cream which works for me. Always looking for new treats that I can enjoy so hopefully it will be delicious. :lickout:
Party time tomorrow...have fun and please share the fun with us. I hope the weather cooperates so you can enjoy the party outdoors.

@Mamabean glad to help. Those hungry men are lucky you are cooking for them. How thoughtful of you. :halo:

Ooooh I cannot wait. More earrings for the NIRDIs to enjoy (vicariously).:appl:The earrings sounds so lovely and very blingalicious. Love that you are getting slightly larger diamonds in the huggies. I am a big huggie fan. I also like giving and getting big hugs. :lol:

Thanks for asking about OT. Didn't go well yesterday. Will explain below.

@marcy oh nooooo I hope the blizzard decides to move away and not reach you. Unless you want a snow day and then let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
east%20coast%20psers.gif
Hope you got all your laundry done yesterday and good luck today. Drive safely please. Or better yet take a snow day. Even if it isn't snowing and just call it a mental health day.:halo:
So sad about your sister. Life can make us bitter or make us kinder. Our choice. We cannot control always what happens to us but we can control how we react to it. Life is unfair for sure but it sounds as if your sister has a big chip on her shoulder making her life even that more difficult and unfair (in her mind). You are the opposite Marcy. You take things with grace and humor and always make a bad situation better. (((Hugs))).

@Austina yup OTK boots are the bees knees IMO. LOVE them and in fact I will wear them until the temp hits the 80s if I want to :cheeky:. I am not a slave to what time of year it is if I want to wear my OTK boots I do. I always feel edgier in the cooler weather because the clothing allows me to express my personality better than the warmer weather where I am more often wearing sundresses which make me feel softer and less edgy and really my inner edginess is always screaming to get out when I am wearing a sundress and ballet flats lol. But if it's hot sometimes only a sundress will do if you kwim.

Maybe I was getting the wrong kind of gelato but mine was way too sweet. The lemon sorbet I had the other day was very tangy and combined with the mango flavor I also enjoyed that day it was the perfect complement. The mango was sweeter and the lemon was tangy and sharp.

I miss Pilates but dare not do it until my finger is healed more fully. Hope you had a good Pilates session Austina.

Yesterday was not a good OT day. The therapist was less careful and she re injured the painful area. We think the skin just needs to peel off the surgical site there to allow it to feel better as there is an area of skin peeling that is easily snagged right there. That is what we think is causing all the pain when touched/snagged and OMG the pain is off the charts. And believe me I have a high threshold of pain. SO once again I am covering it (against what the surgeon originally told me to do when I last saw him but this was not an issue at that time) to protect it because it is in a very vulnerable area. And once again OT is taking a back burner because I will do what is necessary to avoid severe pain. I wish I was a masochist just to be able to continue the finger and hand exercises so I do not lose range of motion but I am not so if it causes severe pain I will not be manipulating the finger. :errrr:

But I did vacuum for the first time yesterday when I got home from OT and Greg was very happy he didn't have to continue the vacuuming chores. LOL he does not like vacuuming but I do. Anyway I wore gloves when I vacuumed yesterday and it went OK. Sadly he still has to wash my hair in the sink. 5 plus weeks and counting. :(( I was able to cut up my own salad last night but I did not use that finger. I am doing finger avoidance because I am avoiding the pain. One can manage without that index finger. But I just don't want to manage without it. I want it back pretty please. :pray:

Leaving you with a photo of our tough Tommy boy laying all over Greg's clean shirts just back from the dry cleaners. LOL he always gravitates to where he knows he should not go. :P2

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 6.26.18 AM.png

and lastly a photo from my friend from Central Park yesterday at dusk. She recently moved to the city and is very much enjoying all it has to offer. :appl:
Hope you enjoy the photo she shared with me.

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 6.27.21 AM.png

Have a wonderful day girls! XO.
Tommy is so precious! He looks very smart! You can see his wheels turning! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tommy is so precious! He looks very smart! You can see his wheels turning! :love:

Thank you @Mamabean and lol I clearly have too much time on my hands these past 5 weeks while I am trying to recuperate from the hand surgery. Look woohoo I got Bubbalah on my left hand first time since the surgery. I am taking her promptly off because the dermatitis is not healed fully but still. And I used the opportunity for some photo ops with Tommy too. :cheeky: Tommy is a very intelligent kitty. But his curiosity causes him to get into sticky situations that is for sure.

bubbalahonleftsurgicalhand.jpg.png

tommyandbubbalahandbands.jpeg.png

My hand looks worse in person but thankful it isn't showing up in the photo as it looks IRL. Don't want to cause any of you girls nausea or anything. :knockout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results