shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate how are you? How is your week going? Any updates re Evan or the other little one to be? Thinking of you and sending hugs and love your way. XOXO Kate the great.

Forgot to add I have been working on my finger range of motion. It is a bit depressing as I feel like it is an uphill battle. The skin is still terrible looking (taking so long) but just hoping that awful reaction does not come back. And bending it is hard with all the swelling.

Gross photo alert.... please skip if you are faint of heart or just not interested in the gory pics.

The middle pic looks better than what I really can do. I was holding it down hard but I cannot make it reach my palm without using the other finger to push it down.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 7.07.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 7.07.52 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 7.08.09 AM.png

And honestly this AM I am right back to it being much harder to move. These photos were from yesterday afternoon and once again I feel back at where I started when working to bend it. Not giving up but this is proving more difficult than I thought it would.

OK bye for now and enjoy the day girls!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning! I’m just checking in before I run around getting ready to head to NJ..
@missy..I’m actually relieved to see it’s possible to get it bent that far even if you need your other finger to get it there. I can still see the swelling so that’s probably why you can’t keep it down by itself...It’s amazing what OT and PT
can do so just do everything they say. My friend tore her ACL in her leg. She couldn’t put weight on it at all..They wouldn’t repair it because she’s over 55..She went to PT and they have her walking like normal through the scar tissue she had to build up to stabilize her knee.. We all were so worried she wouldn’t be able to walk or walk with a limp..but you can’t even tell now..Your finger has been bandaged and kept in a straight position for so long it needs to loosen up..The skin isn’t helping...I just know you will have full range of motion and beautiful skin under all the hard skin...I’m more hopeful after seeing these photos....really! :kiss2:
I’ll catch you all later when I’m sitting by the pool while David is in the pool at the hotel..You will keep me from buying anything else..:pray:
Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you @Mamabean and I am so glad your friend is doing well. I do know PT can do wonders. I went through months of PT when I broke two bones in my leg and I regained full range of motion there. It's just the index finger is weird in that it needs to regain that motion by week 3 or 4 and I am entering week 5 but I appreciate your support and positive energy and I am definitely not giving up. (((HUGS))) to you and David and good luck in NJ. I hope the appointment goes very well. Message me please where in NJ OK? And enjoy the pool at the hotel. :appl:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The (finger moving parts) cannot be happy with all that going around them, but, great that the finger does bend all the way given half a chance! This must be as good as anything can get at this point.

The four weeks must be an understatement - how else.

Good for you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The (finger moving parts) cannot be happy with all that going around them, but, great that the finger does bend all the way given half a chance! This must be as good as anything can get at this point.

The four weeks must be an understatement - how else.

Good for you!

Thank you dear AV. I think 3 weeks is the understatement with 4 weeks being the norm but I’m not a quitter. None of us NIRDIs are.

81EAD8CF-8455-4ABA-84C7-88EC075DD134.gif

However the pain is increasing so that’s a bit worrisome but hopefully it’s nothing to be concerned about.

Girls just in case you miss it my post to everyone from this morning is on the preceding page. Thread moving at lightning speed :lol:

Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy sorry I was off yesterday more or less, sad news :( my mother in law died this morning around 4:00 a.m. She was due to be 100 on 4/26 :( but she really was gone 10 years ago in knowing us and being a participant in our lives as she had this horrible slow slow never ending decline into dementia but she could always read, that was odd. Good news or great news if one wants to see this! my daughter in law Cara is 30% effaced and 1/2 centimeter dialated which means much or not, depends, Mike REALLY wants me there asap, but this isn't possible at this point, we are going to Maryland to celebrate my sister in laws 60th bday (she is in from Seattle for this 'gala' event as my husband's family refers to it meh!) anyway all the 6 siblings in my husbands family are going to Maryland which is 1.5 miles from where their Mom is at Greenspring nursing home, so that is good, Chris is coming down for it. Everything's all askew new, we were supposed to go to St Louis to see my former sister in law and great friend and her husband for 2 days, I am cancelling that.. I will do my best to keep you updated and everyone here of course.

YOUR FINGER looks great (grossy great? :) ) glad you can bend it sweetie I'm soooooo sooooo happy for this.. xooxo

thank you all for caring, my NIRDI queens! I will read over and see what is going on with everyone and post again later.

Missy the magnificent MISSY, thank you for caring and being my friend.. lucky Kate! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I had indeed missed the hat & gloves photo! It does feel great to get a wee bit off the narrow road with one look, or two, or all, in fact ,) - arrghhhgg I wish you were within lunch distance ,(
-

I do remember living on such a house, on such street in NY, a long-ish walk from NYU but not long enough to warrant not walking. I could never point on a map; the times were too-too to remember anything material, & just two weeks or so (ie. nothing!).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate We were writing in the same time. All those news on your side!

Love how you put it:
Everything's all askew new

Getting news of a birth in the middle of a 60th birthday party sounds good to me .)

Happy Joggling ! - I think...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I’m so sorry @Tekate my condolences and Greg sends his as well. All our love. (((Hugs))).
And how exciting re Cara! Sending good vibes and all the best!!!
Happy 60th to your SIL :appl:

@AV_ those are my “medical” cotton gloves. Hypoallergenic supposedly and bought to protect the wound and dermatitis. I’ll be wearing them for months to come I think...

And I too wish we were within lunch or dinner or walking distance. :sun: How sweet would that be.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You'd pull the serious ones off fine, of course .)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean aw MamaB I am so sorry about your DIL, my DIL Cara had a miss last April and was pregnant again in July so it eased her mind a little, but once one has a miscarriae I think it's always 'there'.. she is the best MIL so that must ease her mind :)

@Calliecake Hi Callie, you the best and don't worry I'd MUCH rather my butt than my neck hurt as I have a nice, well padded one ;-) xo we lover of cars pay a LOT of money for said car and one should be totally happy Callie.. find the "one" (not NEO altho if Keanu Reeves dropped him I might just take HIM for a day or two ; ; ) as to the beautiful, wonderful and brilliant @Matata she looks awesome and didn't she look so happy at her bonus son's wedding! such beautiful shots and happiness galore there, made me want to go over and hang with Matata! :) xoxoxo

@Sandeek still on the doxy for probably at least 4 more months. This is such a pain in the ass with insurance, I'm leaving tomorrow 6 a.m. latest to get on the road to get to Maryland by 5:00 pm. Insurance won't pay for it till Friday. yup. BS BS BS. So I can pick it up at any Walgreen in the good old USA but that doesn't help because I'm on the danged road, so I will get it in Austin as soon as I get here... I said how much would it cost if buy it NOW, and she said 368.00$ OKAY, I would have choked and bought it BUT my Rosacea medicine is not covered either because it has 'urea' in and Martin's Point doesn't cover anything with urea, so I had to pay for that out of pocket yesterday and that was 362.00$ so I was out of paying at this point because I was pissed and I hadn't discussed with John who would have said get it but I was wanky and mad and just sick of the whole BS which I am SURE you get.. HOW ARE YOU sweetie? Sandeek, major pain in the ass is a kind way of putting what the heck you have been thru... I feel deeply for you as you already know.. sending you strength and love always. Kate xoxoxoxoxoxo

@marcy Hi girl! the thing with my cholesterol is that yes it's high but some of the highness is contributed by the 'good' cholesterol which was 96 most people have like 40, to the good one takes out the bad one and therefore I don't 'really ' need the med this year but my doc Mary says next year I would so let's start now, now between you and ME and anyone who EVER EVER EVER reads my tomes is that I'm not gonna take it till the whole baby and visiting is over, last year I had a severe reaction to a 'new' antibiotic and my liver went into a HUGE spin so I'm going to wait till I get back in case something happens. So tiring in a way Marcy girl.. . oooh a good day when boss and neggie Nelly is out.. bliss.. YAY on ordering the earrings!

@AV_ aw Easter, do they celebrate it for 2 weeks in your country.. wow if they do. OOOH to that dress, I thought when my son Mike got married mine was redic, I paid 300.00$ USD for it.. BUT while I've never seen a pix of @Sandeek I can say that gorgeous dress would look aweomse on her... gorgeous find AV.. attaching a copy of Mike and I at his wedding in March 2017, I stopped dying my hair after this so I'm much whiter in the front now (only place really)

mikeandme.jpg

I think I'm thinner too (I know I am lost 30lbs since then - STRESS eating for the wedding ;-) ) xoxo AV.

@Austina Hi lady! Kim sounds wonderful and my mother in law and I got on well, but there was no 'connection' I think because my first MIL was such a Brooklyn girl that she and I bonded.. But I am sad she died :( husband is doing well actually, it's been so agonizing for him to see the decline over the years.. Glad Colin was able to see your dentist quickly! and sooo glad he was able to help Colin w/o a crown... xoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne Hi lady!!!! dang dang you have the flu? stay home. I'm sorry Jimmi.. it's a bitch, the aches, the nose.. sending you good vibes.. The car is gorgeous, a friend from my old days at BSA in Austin has a Fiat that was fun to drive! Hope this car is as fun, is it a Citroen? hope you feel better Jimmi. xoxoxoxoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi June! which stone did you buy? I saw the moval had sold (I think) so I thought you might have gotten it... but I would go for the stone that faces up the most, I am ever the bling bing lover/shower :) I know what you mean about the graded stone.. but boy I like Kirsch's work.. I didn't buy the moval or anything as money is tight and if and when I buy something it's going to be my unicorn stone.. now what is my unicorn stone you ask (you probably didn't but I want to clarify in my own brain).. Well my unicorn is say a 2.80 - 2.99 OEC (a true old stone if possible) in the G-L color range OR a ACA (or now a HPD stone) in the same range, set in a Morrell torchiere setting, I love them just love them or if I ever can get the unicorn in an OEC I would set it in CVS Chloe (in 14 unplated or platinum not sure).. so there is, my unicorns (never gonna get it probably but a girl can dream!).. Spring is coming s l o w l y here in Maine. xoxoxox

@missy Missy I think i have a hat very close to yours.. mine is for the danged rosacea.. you always look wonderful and happy and kind and beautiful Missy :) and I'm with @Mamabean I'm glad you could bend your finger so low, hopefully you can continue to do that after today, I always think Missy, one step forward and two back but always uphill we hope. Missy I'm sorry about the pain I really am.. :( you don't deserve it but I know you will keep going.. mucho love.

Well I think I've read just about everything.. sorry if I missed someone and/or something.. love you all ladies! cold sunny day in Maine.

xoxoxoxo
kate

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

So sorry for your loss @Tekate, what a grand old age she was. Safe travels tomorrow, and woohoo at the impending birth. Looks like little Autumn will be here very soon, sending good vibes for a quick and painfree delivery.

Despite the soreness and swelling, your finger does actually look better @missy. I’m not surprised it’s hurting, after 4 weeks of inactivity, it’s bound to. Hopefully once it gets used to being mobile, the pain will settle.

You managed to find one of the rare photos of the Queen smiling @AV_ :lol:

Hope you’ve had a stress free journey @Mamabean and arrived safely.

Had a busy day today, shopping, cleaning etc, as we have friends coming for lunch tomorrow. Please excuse me for not mentioning you all individually, I’m absolutely zonked, I’ve been awake since 4am. Will have a proper catch up tomorrow :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello from NJ! It was a long day and now I’m sitting in the very hot enclosed pool area fully dressed so David could have his time in the pool. :confused2: I just want to put my jammies on and relax. Tomorrow we’ll be up early..have breakfast and hit the road to get Bailey in Pa..I’ll pick up my mom and then we’re off to Maryland. If I get there too late there are no parking spots on the street. Garages are few and far between so we have to park on the street. I drove around 1 1/2 hours once because I couldn’t find a spot. I really would love to find a house that is smaller and has a garage. My husband loves the area..He went to school there and loved to go to the games..so wanted to be in town...but I’m the one with all the stuff, my mom, David and Bailey. I’m sounding whiny but I’m just tired so ignore me..:sleep:
@Tekate I’m so sorry about your mother-in-law...She lived such a long life..At least there’s comfort in that..We should all be blessed to reach that age. How exciting that Autumn is almost here! Evan and Autumn will be so cute together! Do the parents live close to each other? I loved seeing your pic..It’s nice to have a face to the name! I don’t want to scare anyone so I’ll hold off a bit..;)2
@Austina..This is a chatty bunch! I am trying to keep up and keep scrolling back to read past ones..but new one keep popping up like lightning! I love looking at Bella..She is just so gorgeous..Keep posting photos! That was nice that you got to Face Time with Shirley..I don’t even know how I would keep going without my husband..grouchy as he is I’ll keep him..
@canuk-gal You posted about being stalked and robbed in another thread. I hope you are okay....That would be so traumatic..:(2
@junebug17 I do love the oval diamond..Are you considering it?
@missy I didn’t know you have to take vitamin K2 with D3. I was found to be deficient many years ago..My doctor told me to take 1,000 but the numbers just didn’t go up..We moved since and my newish doctor told me to take 2,000 but I upped it to 3,000..That keeps me at 42 but I would like to get up to 50. I read in your other posts some of your other medical issues..which sound like mine. I don’t have Hashimoto..my mom did..but I have Graves..My Thyroid is completely destroyed with radioactive iodine..I also have palpitations, and my hair is thinning in the bangs which I finally ditched and wear pushed to the side now..I also have palmar plantar psoriasis but only on one foot now, Granuloma Annulare..and eczema..My former dermatologist said I was a walking textbook. Lots have cleared up now that my Vitamin D is normal..I have other medical stuff too but I’m boring myself so that’s for another time! :P2
@av I’m happy you do have some free days coming..I hope you’ll take advantage and relax...Will you be spending it with family?
@Sandeek How are things going? I can’t imagine three hours of the day doing your infusions..I’m hoping it will do the trick and it will be over soon!
@Jimmianne I love your car! I would be afraid on a highway but buzzing around side roads would be so much fun! Are you renting the house or is it yours? I’m late to the party so don’t have all the news..
@junebug17 How is Zoe doing? I can’t wait to see whatever new bling you decide to get. You’re right taking the time to make sure..
@marcy Did you finally get a new box chain?They’re supposed to be really sturdy..I can’t imagine losing your beautiful pendant..omg..
Well...David just got out of the pool so will talk to you all tomorrow..:kiss2:

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, looks like you're off to a good start exercising your finger and I hope the mobility keeps improving. You're doing pretty darn good! I can see how it would be hard to move it while it's still healing and swollen. I hope your PT session went ok. Lovely pic of you and the foresythia - Makes one feel that Spring will eventually show up LOL! Pretty beach pic too :love:

@marcy, yay to ordering the earrings! Looking forward to seeing them.

@Tekate, I'm so sorry about your MIL! Sending condolences to you and John. So hard to watch someone slip away like that, dementia is very sad and hard on a family. I guess it's a little bittersweet that it's also your sil's 60th birthday celebration and I hope being with her siblings will bring her some comfort, and it will be nice for everyone to be together. So exciting about Cara! Sounds like you won't have to wait much longer to be a Nanny, so happy for you! And I love the pic of you and Mike at his wedding, you look beautiful and he is such a handsome kid.

Ah, an almost 3 carat ACA or OEC, love them both! Either one would be fabulous. I love all diamonds...that's my problem lol. I love hearing about your unicorns and I believe you'll get your dream diamond! I'm rooting for you! At this particular point in time I'm leaning towards the oval, I think it has that wow factor I'm looking for. I dunno, I'll probably end up getting neither ha.

Safe travels tomorrow, I hope the trip goes smoothly and you don't hit any traffic.

@Mamabean, you're a good mama! Sounds like David really enjoyed the pool. Please be careful and take care tomorrow, you're going to be running around a lot so just take your time. Fingers crossed you find a parking spot too! I'm leaning towards the oval right now...just wondering if it's too similar a look to what I already have (OEC in a halo). Have a safe trip back to Maryland, (((hugs)))

@Austina, you certainly did have a busy day and I hope you get some rest tonight.

@ringo865 and @Sandeek, thinking of you both <3

@Calliecake, I hope you're closer to finding another car, and hopefully dh is on the mend.

Zoe and I are back in NJ, the plane ride went ok but we're both exhausted lol! It's going to be an early night here for sure.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, it is good to keep busy.

Missy, I am impressed how much you can bend your very sore looking finger. Soon you won’t have to use another finger to push it down that far. Woo hoo! I’ll share my earrings and make cookies. Come on over ladies! If you bring your DH with you they can hang out in the man cave. Marty is a bit better but still sore. Thank you. I am sure he won’t take it easy for awhile. I am glad I ordered the earrings; I like matching bling. I had no idea NYC got that much rain but being by the ocean that makes sense. You look fabulous in your floppy hat and the beach looks inviting. And yes - us NIRDI’s persevere.

It was mostly sunny here today with possible rain every day for about a week. Then snow is back in the forecast the day we drive to Nebraska.

Mamabean, I hope things are going well for you guys in NJ. That is awesome your friend did so well with therapy and her torn ACL. I hate to hear parking is such a challenge where you are going in Maryland. Marty grew up in Pomfret and Fairfax. I ordered another wheat chain; it looks dressier than a box chain and they say wheat chains are strong and reliable chains as well. The new chain showed up today.

Kate, I am so sorry to hear about your MIL. That is something she was almost 100 years old. Big hugs to you and your DH. That is nice all of your DH’s siblings are coming. Happy birthday to your SIL. Pretty exciting news about Cara. That is so frustrating and awful about your medicine and insurance. Ugh. That is not a bad thing then if your good cholesterol numbers are high. I definitely agree wait till you get home to try some new meds. Most pills make me sick. Fabulous picture of you and Mike. Nice to see you both. Your unicorn stones all sound fabulous.

Austina, you did have a busy day. Have a nice time with your friends tomorrow.

Junebug, I think oval diamonds are very classy and elegant looking. But honestly I like all shapes of diamonds as long as they look good. A thought on the Moval you could do a 3 stone setting - that would look fabulous and certainly be a lot of finger coverage. Glad you and Zoe got home okay.

Marty grilled steak and made mashed potatoes for us for supper. I saved half of mine for lunch tomorrow. Marty got my old laptop mailed today - I am trying to sell it to a vendor that gives you Apple store credit. I can use it for Apple Care on my new laptop. I tried to get a prorated refund on the Apple care on my old laptop but I can’t find the receipt. I found the receipts for computers we no longer own but do you think I could find that receipt? No. Oh well it probably wouldn’t be that much anyway.

To show you that Marty is feeling okay - here are samples of some of his shenanigans. Last night I found the puppy “stuck” behind Marty’s dresser. Note it is so tall I can’t see on the top of it so no way could I reach the puppy to pull him out. Then after work today I find the puppy looking over the back of the love seat - note the rabbit with the money. Marty said the rabbit keeps telling the puppy he found the money behind the love seat so the puppy is trying to find some money. I have to pay the rabbit protection money so the rabbits don't eat the bears.

Take Care.
Marcy

upload_2019-4-4_20-15-16.png
upload_2019-4-4_20-15-47.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, How was your day today? I’m surprised you were able to bend your finger. It still looks really really sore. Since you were able to bend it, does this mean you can skip PT and just do the exercises at home. I know wishful thinking!

@, I’m so sorry to hear about John’s mom. Hugs to you Kate. You look beautiful in the picture with Mike at his wedding. My SIL wore a very similar dress to her daughters wedding in gray. Please wait until you are home before you start taking the new meds. So exciting about Cara. I’m sure everyone is ready to meet sweet Autumn. My niece was told last week her little could arrive any day now. My SIL called tonight and we made plans for Saturday. We were laughing that our plans may change and we may be meeting the baby instead. Drive careful and enjoy spending time with your family. Again, I’m sorry about losing your MIL.

@junebug17 , It sounds like you and Zoe had an exhausting day. Are you thinking you would prefer an oval diamond? The oval will definitely give you the wow factor and grea5 finger coverage. The hunt for a new diamond is always so much fun. The picture of the oval ring you posted is gorgeous.

@Sandeek, I hope you had a good day and you are getting thru the infusions. I know there are probably one hundred other things you would rather spend those hours doing. It sure would be nice if you could sleep during the morning one infusion.

@marcy , How exciting you decided to get the earrings. Do you know when they will ship. Is Marty’s crud finally going away? I’m sorry he is still so sore.

@Mamabean , I hope you are having fun with David and his appointment goes well. You are going to have a very busy day tomorrow. Please drive careful and enjoy the time with Zdagid and your mom. I can’t wait to see your new bands.

@Austina, You were lucky Cokin was able to be seen so quickly for his tooth. Not so lucky he broke his tooth. Enjoy the lunch with your friends.

@av, Have you set the party date yet? The dress you posted for sandeek it beautiful.

Not much going on around here. DH has been sick since Monday. I went to get my hair done today and there is a woman who works at the salon who has been home for a week and a half with this bug. The man who owns the salon has been out for three weeks with it. I’m praying he feels better by the weekend.

@Tekate and @Sandeek, I found out on Tuesday DH has been taking doxycycline twice a day for well over a year for his gums and he has implants. I asked when the doctor said he would be taken off this med and DH said he has no idea. DH has had problems with his gums and infections for years because of an epilepsy drug he takes. Why on earth would the doctor have done implants if he has gum disease? He has seen this same doctor every three months for 30 years. He told me assumed I knew because I have seen him take medicine. This whole time I thought it was only the epilepsy meds he was taking.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy Your toy stories read like Reuters (on a good day) .) I still have too much to do - work needs to be paced & stress kept at bay - so I am counting for the local Semana Santa etal.

@Mamabean The close family are some slots in a cemetery in another country; it would be a custom to visit for Easter, but I don't see how this year. Feel free to guess why I ended up indulging my knack for study - there have been few distractions & none good. It is home, give or take.

@Tekate I see Her smiling allot - if not like THAT picture! - perfect portrait methinks ... as good as a middle finger .)
RE. dress.... I mentioned that one because it resembles one that @Sandeek hinted at - with an excruciatingly fitted boddice & worth a small country. This is looser & overall a similar form; still about three times what I would pay without pain or a darn good reason. I intend to show the variation of the cut rather than the item: this cut may exist somewhere in the mid 00's, but not the original, I expect...
I do overdress - by academic standards [ie. a flock of lads sans mates].

@Calliecake The date is - one day of next week; the last decission is not up to me. Ready enough.
Long courses of antibiotics sound like a curse to me .(

@missy Good morning!

-
Off to letter writing (sending my thesis out with intro-s to each recipient), essentially & whatever else might fit in the day.

Have a good day too! - anyone who reads this

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 welcome home. Glad you and Zoe are back safe and sound. Hope you had a good night's sleep. Hugs.

@Sandeek how are you feeling today? Thinking of you and sending hugs and love and healing vibes your way.

@marcy lol glad Marty is feeling better and up to his usual shenanigans. You had me at cookies and adding in bling just sweetens the pot. Nice that you saved some dinner for lunch today. That is thinking. Woohoo it's Friday. Have a good day at work Marcy. Hugs.

@Tekate how is Cara doing? How was the 60th party? Sending you more hugs. You're beautiful inside and out sweet Kate the Great. XOXO. Kate hoping you are enjoying yourself wherever you are. I have many SPF hats for my rosacea. I wear them if I am not in the mood to apply sunblock to my face. We have that in common Kate. Much in common in fact.

@AV_ yes please keep stress at bay and pace yourself re work. One day at a time. My favorite mantra. I am needing it right now too. Good luck with your letter writing and I hope you enjoy it.

@Mamabean hope you have a safe drive today and you and David are enjoying the rest of your trip. That is not close to our beach house but I have to ask Greg as I am not really familiar with it. Just saw your email now. I am a bit behind re emails. It's been a challenging week. What else is new.::)
We have lots in common too. I am pretty well versed with vitamins and such and if you ever want to chat about it let me know. K2 is a must with D3 and glad it is now helping you. For me it did not make much of a change at all but nothing seems to. Anyway have a good trip back and sending safe travels vibes your way. David is a lucky kid to have such a dedicated momma.:kiss2:

@Austina hope you had a restful night's sleep. Any weekend plans?

@Calliecake sounds like J is taking 20 mg doxy twice a day and that is sub microbial ie only anti inflammatory and not anti bacterial in its purpose. I too am taking 40 mg a day for my rosacea. Supposedly it does not mess up our flora. Just wanted to put your mind at ease with that. Hope J is all better today and I hope he let you sleep last night.

I had OT yesterday and it went OK. She massaged the surgical site and it still hurts so I am concerned about that. And while I was getting OT my endocrinologist called but my phone was off because I was in OT and I didn't realize he called til afterwards. It is NEVER good when he actually calls me so I know I am in for some bad news. I am bracing myself. I emailed him but have not yet heard back. He is always a day or 2 behind his emails and that is the only way to contact him unless he calls you himself. Last time he called me was Aug 10th (I remember this because it is my birth day) and it was very unpleasant news. If you remember he took lots of blood and the results are finally in and usually he mails the results to me but this time no results were mailed and he called. So please think good thoughts for me. I am really anxious right now but nothing I can do but wait. I am scared as to what my results showed. I just want some peace and a worry free zone for a bit yanno? OK got it out and if you read this far thank you for that.

Today is a rainy day and Greg is at the beach house getting our tandem in order and ready for cycling. Because we rode so many thousands of miles he has to change the chains the gears the tires etc. You name it he has to change it and to the tunes of thousands for the new parts he ordered for it. So he already spent like 8 hours on it and he estimates he needs another 10-15 hours depending on how it goes so we cannot ride till he is finished. I gave him the day to work on it so I am hoping he gets it done today but if not next time hopefully. It hasn't really been cycling weather anyway. And most of April will be busy with things so I do not think we will get to cycle before May. Just hoping in May we can because as I wrote above I am nervous about what my endocrinologist has to share with me.sad :((

OK enough from this nervous nellie lol. I want all of you to have a wonderful Friday and remember
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

Leaving you with some precious fur baby photos. Love you girls.

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 7.28.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 7.29.30 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I really do not know how bad your illness can be now without your knowing ,( It is obvious how you feel & don't I know what it is to dread news in advance !

I can almost hear HRH's meow from the photo ,)

On the other hand: you do ride a bike - I am so not trying ever again! That's scarryyy...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the other hand: you do ride a bike - I am so not trying ever again! That's scarryyy...

Ooh when you finally do visit (and perhaps I am the eternal optimist but if you don't wish it there is no possibility) we will get you on the tandem and you will see what great joy it brings. You will love it. I guarantee it. :Up_to_something:

This tandem you will love. The recumbent trike. No balancing necessary. Not scary. Well unless one is going down the hill at 30 plus mph which yes we are known to do. As @marcy says "the need for speed" can be very strong.:cool2:

Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 8.12.55 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Try and keep positive until you know what you’re dealing with @missy. I know you have plenty of reasons to be anxious about the results, but worrying won’t change the news, so don’t let it spoil your weekend.

What a good job that Greg is able to do all the work on the recumbent himself, hopefully you’ll soon be able to enjoy some good weather and being out together.

Do you know how many OT sessions you’re going to need?

No plans for us this weekend, we’ve had a couple of busy days, so looking forward to doing nothing.

Glad you and Zoe got home safely @junebug17 , she’s becoming quite the jet setter. Travelling is so tiring, I’m not surprised you were shattered. Hope you slept well and are feeling rested today.

Lovely photo of you and Mike @Tekate, and yes, you can certainly tell you’ve lost weight from the recent photo you posted. It must be very difficult to see someone slipping away, bit but bit, whilst technically still living.

Hope your travels are going well, safe journey.

Goodness, whatever DH has, it sounds awful @Calliecake , I do hope he starts to feel better soon. We’re very fortunate that when the dentist I worked for retired, we found a lovely young lady, who’s done wonders with Colin’s teeth. The surgery is actually in one of our supermarkets, so plenty of free parking, and flexible hours. She got married last year, and we were talking about diamonds. She thought she wanted a princess, till I showed her some ACAs. She decided she wanted a blingy round :lol:

Glad Marty is feeling better @marcy, there’s never a dull moment with all the critters popping up everywhere :mrgreen2: Did you mention your trip to Nebraska before? How long are you going for?

Hope your day has gone well @Mamabean certainly sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment.

Are you having a quiet weekend @AV_ ?

Sending good thoughts to @ringo865 and @Sandeek hope you’re doing well.

Had a nice afternoon with our friends, although they turned up 45 minutes late :rolleyes: She’s recovering well from foot surgery to straighten her toes and remove a bunion.

Looking forward to a nice lazy weekend

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Callie, that’s pretty exciting your niece is due any day now. My earrings are expected to ship on April 29th. I am excited. Marty’s crud is better and he isn’t quite as sore. Thank you. I hope your DH is feeling better; so many people seem to be sick right now. That is awful the owner of the salon has been sick for three weeks. How awful your husband has had problems with his gums. Has your weather warmed up? We are going to be near 70 degrees this weekend.

AV, I am glad my toy stories are good ones. The summer when cancer was winning on my mom she rarely talked or laughed but Marty and my antics always made her laugh and smile. I am glad we were gave her some amusing distractions. Take it one day at a time and try to keep the stress down. When I worked 2 jobs and rarely had a moment to myself and got so stressed I barely slept and had sky high blood pressure - I finally made sure I took at least 10 minutes a day for myself to relax. I either read or knit; just something to calm myself down. It helped a great deal. Good luck with your letter writing.

Missy, there are definitely shenanigans going on around here. Glad I never pull any shenanigans on Marty. Sending you good thoughts on what your endocrinologist wanted to talk to you about. Sweet kitty pictures. Yes, the need for speed is quite exhilarating. It’s more fun if you say “whee” at the same time. Pretty exciting that Greg is getting the bike tuned up for the season.

Austina, you definitely deserve a quiet weekend. Nice you helped that young lady find a sparkly diamond. We are heading to Nebraska next weekend. Marty’s competition is there. I’m his assistant. Glad your friend is recovering from her surgery.

Junebug, any decision on a diamond or ring?

In additions to shenanigans today Marty cooked himself several feasts. I swear the dishes piled up looked like Christmas. At least he rinsed most of them already. I had a kids hamburger meal for supper; cheap and easy.

Whiteflash got my PayPal payment today. Sweet. It’s nice they let me know. I responded to the email saying it seems like we just did this recently.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Austina The last weekend must have been the last quiet one. The unhappy truth is that I need to go on with the thesis 'auction' & it really feels like hanging along with those Spanish hams over bar counters.

@marcy I will remember! It is not easy taking my mind off whatever is burning & obviously required. I hope you are not still hussling like that! [did it for a short while - US, sure enough & at roughly half this age] / I haven't said enough about the diamond drops: I love the deisgn, it reminds how diamodns were set in the 1800s in little frames of polished silver - much the grandest diamond jewelry of Europe is set this way & I so respect the metal work.

-
The party is Wednesday, provided I survive till then ,)

Have a great weekend on my behalf!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's a beautiful weekend here. Happy Caturday Saturday!

@junebug17 hw is sweet Zoe feeling? Did you weigh her? Hope she and you are doing well. Hugs to you both.

@Tekate hugs and have a lovely weekend. XO.

@Sandeek hope you had a good night's sleep and are enjoying a good Saturday. Hugs!

@Austina glad you have a peaceful weekend on tap. I don't know how many OT sessions I will go to though I made appointment for the rest of the month twice a week. Greg feels I don't need so many appointments and can do it on my own and I will see how I feel about it after this upcoming week. Seeing her Monday.

@AV_ ooh party Wednesday. :dance: You will survive til then and in fact do more than survive. Have a happy weekend.

@marcy haha yes I always do say "wheeeee" :lol: but I don't think you can hear it on the video. I am also a "woo" girl lol (How I Met Your Mother). Haha yes wash rinse and repeat with WF and please tell us when do our earrings, umm I mean your :whistle: earrings, arrive? Oh I see you wrote the 29th. OK waiting patiently...Yes to Marty cooking a feast. Sweet. And right you never play any shenanigans on Marty :P2

@Calliecake have fun with your family/friends today and hope J is feeling better.

@ringo865 thinking of you and hoping you are doing well.

@Keeliamira have a nice weekend and hope everyone is good.

@Jimmianne hope you are all better and enjoying yourself.

We are off on an adventure today...heading to my favorite estate jewelry shoppe and it will be a long day but fun. I almost don't have the energy to go but making myself get that energy. I always have energy for bling.:cool2:

Have a lovely Saturday girls and sending you all big hugs.

And in honor of Caturday Saturday leaving you with 2 of our furbabies. Psychokitty Bobby and HRH Francesca. Oh so sweet but you can see their wheels turning in this photo. Plotting how to get me to feed them early. I am quite familiar with all their expressions. :devil::halo:

frankieandbobbyoncouch.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I m also off - to fish [at the fish market].

Local jewelers are certainly not into showing stuff - I know what they tend to have from appointments: wise selling, if boring IHMO...

You are reminding me somehow of the most typical folk jewelry item around - a cherry sized silver sphere that rattles lightly - with a rain-like sound. I have seen them worn & used by serious people [not cats!] but do not own one... for no good reason [a beloved pendant is a small silver pomander - sort of the same concept but with scent rather than sound!] 'While in Rome... '

over & out

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I taught astronomy as an adjunct instructor at our local community college for 21 years. About 15 of those years it was a second full time job. I usually had a campus class 2 nights a week on Monday and Wednesday then had 2 to 3 online sessions as well. In the summer I also taught at an outreach college (40 miles away) where I taught an entire semester worth plus lab in a month; so it was all day Saturday and Sunday. After I quit teaching I was kind of lost at first but then it was like how on earth did I do that for so long? Thank you for the kind words about my diamond earrings. I know the diamonds won’t be very large but I just love the style. That is interesting to shop for jewelry by appointment.

Missy, nice that you are having a nice day there. It was pretty nice here too. I am sure you’ll be faithful about doing OT at home but it’s probably a good to go in for a while. Has the swelling and blister gone down? It does make it more fun to say whee or woo. I listen to How I Met Your Mother at work quite a bit. It’s amusing. How was the jewelry estate shop? Did you bring home anything? Love Bobby and Francesca’s picture.

I’ve been busy today. Changed the sheets, did laundry, got a hair cut, met Marty for lunch, picked up a few groceries, lifted, finished my April article and finished a book. The new lady I went to for a hair cut did layer it more than it has been lately but my bangs are so crooked I swear I could cut them better. After it dries though they don’t look as bad. She also left the back longer than the side which I clearly requested she not do. I know the first day or two new hair cuts look bad to you so I’ll give it a few days.

We rented the Mule to watch. It wasn’t bad. Now I am being amused by Despicable Me 2. There was a rather high pass of the International Space Station tonight at 8:30 so we went out to look for it. It was hazy partially cloudy but we did get to see it.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@AV_ did you (buy) fish yesterday? What type of fish? I am a Pescetarian (or you might just call me a pesky-tarian lol) and always interested to hear what others enjoy eating. I did not know that a cherry sized silver sphere (that rattles lightly) was so popular. In fact I never heard of it before. Sounds a bit like wearable wind chimes. Soothing for some and annoying for others in its sound. Hmmm.

@marcy we did enjoy a lovely day and glad you did too. Busy bee that you are but you sure accomplished a lot. Good for you. I am sorry your bangs are crooked but I am sure you can make them just the way you like them. Sweet that you got to see the International Space Station pass despite the partially cloudy and hazy sky. As for my finger omg I cannot make this stuff up. Yesterday I did something and accidentally hurt it again when forgetting about it and using that hand to get something from my pocketbook. I don't know if I pulled off part of the scab or what but it hurts in such a painful way when I touch it and once again I am left shaking my head. SMH should be my new tag line. I am a KLUTZ and now I don't know if I caused serious damage. Greg looked at it under the magnifying glass when we got home but didn't see anything noteworthy. I covered it with a Coverlet bandage before bed to allow me to sleep without the pain but this morning when I touched it the exquisite pain is still there. Oh no. No way can I have the therapist massage this wound again until this pain goes away. I am praying hard it will just go away because I cannot bear another surgeon visit before I am due at the end of the month. This is the gift that keeps on giving.:(sad I bet you're sorry you asked. Sorry Marcy.

I did not bring anything home but was sorely tempted. I shared this photo in my dangle earring thread but will share it for you here since I am not sure you visit that other thread.

OMC earrings with black enamel on the setting. Very lovely. .89 and .87 in size. I was/am tempted...

594C36E0-399A-43B9-A52E-DA5055E2FF1F.jpeg

6318E1F0-BEC1-45A4-937E-AA44AEF62A0A.jpeg

E631AF79-2537-4A18-B334-086BA46FB101.jpeg

Speaking of diamond earrings I cannot wait for our pair from WF, umm I mean your pair from WF to arrive. ;-)

@Sandeek how is your weekend going? I hope you are enjoying the true Spring weather we are now experiencing. And a convertible (or 2 haha) is the perfect way to experience this gorgeous weather. Beautiful. And Navy blue is my favorite color. The bridal shower dress sounds lovely. Enjoy a wonderful Sunday (((HUGS))).

Another glorious weather day so will be outdoors for much of the day I hope. Praying this finger heals and stops causing me so much distress. I really don't know how badly I re-injured it and I don't know anymore what's going on with it. Hoping for the best.

Enjoy a wonderful Sunday girls! (((Hugs))).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy well, I mostly eat plants & fish anyway. I adore the relatives of sardines etc [several types here - from finger to arm length!] Ocasionally would buy white fish. Inbetween is Dorada - white & heavy! [stulled with a fistful of rosemary ...]. I nearly always grill fish, with or without a cover, with or without stuffing. The next best for me is fish soup [allot of fishes, not allot of water, lost of bayleaf - & fresh is somethign else; a garlic sauce... & whatever else happens to fit in the pot]. The latest were a pairof 'caballa' [no idea what else to call the species] - a not so heavy red fish with hardly any bone; they came with loads of roe for a surprise.

@marcy I have done just a little real teaching [to kids younger & less informed than the teacher, that is] - most of it toward the end of college as I thought to be preparing to a likely teaching career [I got sent to teach Econ to the junior rugby team... & it worked out to be rather fun; I still do not know who & why pulled that prank... ]. Teaching runs in the family [several generations on one side] so I have some idea how absorbing it is - it was to all of the eight teachers and professors I call relatives [not all even like/d what they are/were doing; the two exceptions were so enthralled... it filled their lifes well beyond the class] Don't I still wish for it. Uh... It is so difficult to get any teaching position here, hardly anyone is trying. Now, I'd rather teach the rugby team again, than explain my work to older people who do know better [Party Time!]

on with the day

I haven't quite read NIRDI ,( & gottago

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results