shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hope you get good news from the doctor today. I’ll be in and out most of today so please text me what he said. I’ll call you later too. Sending good thoughts and hugs your way. If this problem hangs on for a while, Greg will figure out a way to make cycling happen for you. I have all the faith in the world he will figure this out for you. I know you are concerned about this but please don’t be. Greg will figure it out. Thank you for putting up with me on Saturday. I know how you feel about cars but you talked to me like we were talking about diamonds. The great thing is we are all here for each other no matter what happens in our lives. Hugs Missy.

@marcy , The pendant will look pretty on a box chain. You don’t want to risk having the chain break and losing the diamond. The earrings are really pretty too. Have you started looking at diamonds for the earrings??? Marcy, We don’t need to worry about getting you into a diamonds 10 step program do we? We can ALL sit around a table and say my name is _____, I’m addicted to diamonds. Hey at least we are in good company and are all addicted to them. Thank you so much for your comments about the car Marcy. I knew you and Tekate would understand how I felt. Poor sweet @missy has had to listen to me. I’m getting over it and am thinking maybe this was a sign I don’t belong in a coupe because the seats are different in a few of them. I told the dealer manager that I not going to start looking again fora car again in a week. He said if you decide a 4 door could work for you (they have different seats) you can get the same car in a 4 door. It just doesn’t come in the color I loved. Who knows, maybe I will look at it in a week. I was looking at contraptions you put on the seat to make you more comfortable last night. DH said the headrest needed to go back about 5 inches. If it was a slight problem the dealer would have never given us our money back. The salesman asked DH if he noticed this during the test drive. When he said no, he just knew I was thrilled with the car. The salesman said the tech person told both the sales manager and GM to look at my neck position don’t pay attention to how much she loves the car. I remember how excited you were about your snake bit car when you first got it. When you found the Macan I knew you had found your perfect car. You excitement still jumps off the page when you talk about your car. I love hearing you still enjoy it so much. It brings you joy.

@Tekate , I can’t wait to hear about the fun you will have on this upcoming trip and all about YOUR granddaughter when she arrives. Kate I love reading anything you write. I haven’t really noticed a seat being uncomfortable, (your seat descriptions crack me up) although I have to admit I get very distracted by how pretty a car is, kind of like all diamonds. If they sparkle, I’m thrilled! I’ll never be a true Pricescoper in I don’t need perfection in a diamond to find it beautiful. The seat was comfortable, it was just the darn headrest but I also don’t mind a hard mattress so I’m probably just weird. After your comments about seats don’t be too surprised if I come here and say my butt doesn’t fit in the seats. That will be one of the things I may pay attention to now Kate!

@av, I don’t spend a lot of money on shoes. My husband was trying to tell me I can’t buy a car that I can’t drive. I can’t wait to hear about your thesis party. It sounds like this will be one interesting story! Have fun at the party at.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww @Tekate thank you sweet sweet Kate. I feel the same about you. You are a breath of fresh air. Always upbeat no matter the challenge. And a true blue friend. Love you girl. :kiss2:

@Calliecake I’m always here for you. You can discuss anything with me and I will apply the same energy and interest as if we were chatting bling or furbabies. You know it. Have a wonderful day with your sweet niece. Enjoy. :appl:

Update. Surgeon is pleased as the reaction while still horrific looking is improving and the blistering is receding. Now he gave me an urgent command to start OT ASAP. Turns out there is a 3-4 week point of no return re regaining full range of motion with the index finger and I am now on week 4 of not moving it. So my first OT is Thursday (if not for all the complications it would have been 2 weeks ago during the week of March 18 for my first OT session). So I must start the exercises on my own and work it as my range of motion is very limited. However the swelling is still severe so I am restricted re the swelling and the dermatitis is still bleeding but the surgeon doesn’t care. He told me point blank if I don’t get serious about working that finger I will lose my range of motion and time is critical now. So ok I’m going to do my best. Just wish the dermatitis would improve faster and stop bleeding but tomorrow I see David and hope he concurs it’s ok to start OT. He was the one who said I couldn’t start last week. Torn between two doctors...feeling like a fool. (Hum to tune of Torn between 2 lovers lol).

So all in all good news compared to last week. I have a long way to go but at least I’m moving in the right direction. :pray: Thank you all for your continued good wishes and prayers. Sending you (((hugs))) and love.

@Sandeek hope your day is going well honey. Hugs.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Goodness, you’ve all been such chatterboxes! :lol:

Sorry to hear your life is so hectic @Uni, I hope things calm down and you get back to doing just one job. I don’t suppose they’re paying you triple for covering the other roles? :cool2:

I hope Marty is feeling better @marcy, doesn’t sound like much fun to be feeling yuk and wrenching his back. I think it’s an absolute necessity to get the matching earrings, otherwise you’ll only be half dressed :D Good job on getting your newsletter done, and becoming the roving reporter for the club.

Ugh @Calliecake, sorry the car didn’t work out, what a faff. The most comfortable cars we ever had were our Saabs, you just melted in to the seats and headrests. I’m not surprised you don’t feel like starting over for a while.

Hi @Tekate, unfortunately, this is the one year when we won’t be in Austin at this time. We’re usually there April or May, but Adam and Kim are going to Japan in May, so we’re now not going till end of June. So if you are back then, we can’t certainly get together. I have a feeling your trips to Austin to see little Autumn, will be more frequent. Hope Evan is doing well.

Glad you’re having a good time @junebug17 , I feel your sister’s pain, because I’m already starting to stress about the wedding. Kim’s family are lovely, but have no concept of time. This weekend was Kim’s sister’s wedding, and Adam messaged us to say that things should’ve started an hour ago, and nothing was happening. I have visions of us being all ready and standing around like spare parts waiting for them to get in gear. Oi!

Well done @AV_ you did it!!!!! Pour yourself a big drink, or three :D

What a lovely tradition @Jimmianne I hope it was a perfect day for you all, and congratulations to your DD and her DH.

Hope you’ve had a good start to the week @Sandeek, and are doing well.

I really hope the Drs appt went well today @missy, and I’m desperately hoping there’s been some improvement with your finger, no matter how small.

Your cherry blossom is looking spectacular, and how sweet to see Squirt enjoying your hospitality. Little Valentina is a beauty.

I KNOW you will be back out on the tandem this summer, enjoying the weather, the scenery, and most of all, spending time with your amazing husband. Talk about answer to a maiden’s prayer, you really hit the jackpot with him. :love:

Thank you all for the Mother’s Day wishes, it was a lovely bright day here and we enjoyed a walk through the woods with Dottie. We’ve had quite a lazy weekend, when I really should’ve been cracking on with some household things, oh well, there’s always tomorrow :roll2:

We’ve just got back from the cinema, we went to see Dumbo, it was lovely, but quite dark in places.

I’m sorry if I’ve missed anyone, but hello and welcome if I have.

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy so you MUST start your occupational therapy ASAP Missy hon, you don't want to lose range of motion.. I'm supersonically glad your surgeon was pleased and the blistering has abated so let's keep THAT going sweetie! Bleeding is always a scary thing in my book too, I mean by that, who the heck knows what THAT will lead to... please do as much as you can.. I am somewhat relieved by what your doctor says Missy, marvelous, magnificent, kind, caring and super Missy.. If I can be of assistance in any way, an ear to listen you know I'm hear.. Here's to Greg! too, his love and caring makes relieved for you.. together you are such a team... I hope Francesca and Tommy are doing well, I'm here anytime Missy, anytime for you. xoxoxo

@Calliecake +azillion on what you say about Missy and you! you dear girl are a friend and a fierce believer in your fellow man and Americans.. love you for that besides all your other qualities Callie, really do.. As to my fat derriere, it fit fine in a mercedes, Lexus, and my old Ford Explorer! have a great week Callie xoxoxox

@missy this is for you, it looks like a rainbow after a big storm and I hope for you that you are on the mend after this truly horrible ordeal.. xo

default-1464356432-1529-fire-rainbows-and-how-they-form.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, just seen your post @missy, so a little bit of improvement which is good news, but now you’ve got to get it moving.

Just do what you can, I’m assuming that any movement is better than none.

Big hugs xxx

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, just seen your post @missy, so a little bit of improvement which is good news, but now you’ve got to get it moving.

Just do what you can, I’m assuming that any movement is better than none.

Big hugs xxx

Thanks so much Austina. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Mother’s Day :love: When I saw those gorgeous tulips I had to share with you. Hugs.

@Tekate ooh I love that stunning rainbow. Thank you :kiss2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hello NIRDI's!!:appl:

JA--your pictures were wonderful, please share more if you can. I'd love to see you in your wedding finery. Congrats!

Tekate--congrats on baby Evan. Love that name and hope he is AOK!

Missy--your finger is worry some!! Sending healing vibes across the miles. Take care.

CallieC--I am sorry your car didn't work out. We love our MB's and have never had a issue on any score.

Austina--glad your gate is finished.

Marcy--you loot is lovely, as usual.

I never get to everyone--glad there is no expectation--but I think about it. Spring is here...but I have no illusion there won't be snow in our future. There is ALWAYS snow here in May:lol:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel so bad I can’t keep up but wanted to pop in to say hi and was thinking about you all. I plan on catching up soon.
My grouchy oldest..Chris..walked out before we could finish the garage so I’ll have to finish the rest myself and hire someone to paint it. It’s been too cold out there the last few days so purging my closet instead..
:kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Have been losing internet and phone service all day so I’ll check in tomorrow to catch up - I’m on my phone right now and will make this short in case I lose service, grrr

@missy, so glad to read there’s been a slight improvement, I know you have a lot more healing to do but at least you’re heading in the right direction! And do your best with the exercises, as Austina said a little movement is better than nothing. Zoe seems to be doing ok, she’s eating well but inconsistent with the water. Putting water in her food has been working well though. Not sure about her weight, I don’t think she’s lost any but not sure if she’s gaining. I’m going to buy a scale for her when I get back to NJ.

Hi to all, will catch up once we figure out what’s going on with our service, ugh! xxx

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate What a picture... I have never seen an iridescent cloud except in pictures. It does take a storm to make them, or so I hear. I still feel this way www - much good that it do me.

@missy I would never wish to exercise a bleding finger - let alone anything larger. Then, a stiff finger getting forever in the way of the other four - will soon not wish to be hanging onto me. ,((((

@Calliecake Oops re shoes; neither do I, in fact... the most I have paid must be around $200 - & it fealt nicely out of line; I always find as good as I expect far below. [in my book, the perfect shoes dissapear - for how boring they are, or how flimsy; the $200 bought - a pair of flip-flop look-alikes that lived three trips outof the closet; my luxury are leather soles.] Why am I even thinking of these ... - because I am thinking of my academic get together as if it were a party to dress up for [I hope]

It has been raining here - just enough to keep me working throughout the weekend - keeping in mind that today ends in the early afternoon. I'll be taking your hint! @Austina .)

@Mamabean Not two NIRDI pages behind, you mentioned that the respective garage looked like a dockyard warehouse after an earthquake... now walls are good for painting .) Good for you!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I bet it feels good to be to the point where your paper is out of your hands. That’s what college does to you - triggers your check liver light.

Kate, my butt didn’t fit that seat too well either but Marty loved it. I guess I got used to it. It wasn’t a plush seat for me anyway. Yes, NIRDI’s are amazing women. New babies in the family are pretty exciting. I’m waiting now for my nieces and nephews to start expanding our family but so far they are focusing on their careers. It’s fun to have little ones around. What a perfect description of Missy - she is a ray of sunshine. But I find all of you ladies very nice. Beautiful picture.

Junebug, I am glad your weather is getting nice there. We have days that are springlike. I agree I’ve got to have a matching set. I have no control over these things. Nice that your sister and BIL came to visit. I bet looking at the wedding pictures was a lot of fun. Sometimes those days are so full and busy it’s hard to remember everything. Oh no to internet and phone problems. I hope it’s fixed by now.

Missy, 520 pages? We do post a lot. How exciting Greg is tuning up the tandem bike. Hoping you’ll be out on it soon. I so agree I need those earrings. LOL to being a drunken sailor; I can’t finish a glass of wine anymore. You are very welcome; I just want to make sure you are okay and to let you know I’m thinking of you. Marty is a keeper all right. Like Greg. I am glad your finger is improving and it sounds like starting OT is important now. I know it’s going to hurt like heck but I know you can do it. Good luck and big hugs to you.

Callie, as luck with have it the box chain came undone last night so I returned that chain today. I am wearing the pendant on a wheat chain that came with my sapphire pendant. I ordered another wheat chain from them tonight. The diamonds for those earrings would be their ACA melee - they are F/G VS ideal cut but not certified. I have those in my bands and they are very nice diamonds. LOL for a 12 step program for diamonds. We’d have to bring our bling for show and tell too. Seats are certainly different between cars and SUV’s. As I told you before; you should LOVE your car (they are expensive enough) and put a big old smile on your face when you are driving it. I am sure I’m grinning all the way home every day. Those car dealers will be there when you are ready to go look again. And yes color is everything!

Austina, so are you saying we post like a bunch of drunken sailors? I know I sure talk more after some vino. I like the half dressed comment; I can use it for my approach to Marty when I get the earring quote. Oh no Kim’s sisters wedding isn’t organized. That wedding we were in a few summer’s ago was like that. My friend is a program manager and she is the most disorganized person I know. They didn’t have a rehearsal so the priest was basically chastising us before the wedding because we didn’t know what to do. He made us all go out side for instructions and the bride was late so that made him more agitated. Glad you had a lovely mother’s day.

Sharon, I like your “loot” comment and thank you. Glad you are enjoying some spring weather but both of us know we haven’t seen the last of the snow. It’s our lot in life.

Mamabean, darn that it is too cold to work on the garage but closets are always a good project to tackle. Good luck!

Thank you for the well wishes for Marty. I think he is better tonight. He is still obnoxious so he can’t be too sick.

As I mentioned to Callie, I couldn’t believe my box chain came undone last night. I couldn’t get it to happen again but there is no way I’d be comfortable wearing that chain again. I returned it after work then ordered another adjustable wheat chain.

Have a fabulous Tuesday.
Marcy

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy I am old enough to be the one throwing a party for my work instead of what they often do to students ,) The day after is - sort of like selling that 5 carat D/VS ; to this, I am writing the invitations - one essay each .) :shifty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@missy, so glad to read there’s been a slight improvement, I know you have a lot more healing to do but at least you’re heading in the right direction! And do your best with the exercises, as Austina said a little movement is better than nothing. Zoe seems to be doing ok, she’s eating well but inconsistent with the water. Putting water in her food has been working well though. Not sure about her weight, I don’t think she’s lost any but not sure if she’s gaining. I’m going to buy a scale for her when I get back to NJ.

Thanks so much Junie! Yes I am relieved my finger is heading in the right direction. Though I so hope I don't lose range of motion. The surgeon made me anxious since this is week 4. I can move it to 90 digress at the middle knuckle but he wants me to be able to reach 180 as soon as possible. Makes me feel like a clock ticking with the deadline being now. LOL seriously in my head there's this big clock going tick tock tick tock.:oops: I wish I could have snagged an OT appointment today but will do the best I can on my own and hope Thursday isn't too late for me to get the help I need.

As for Zoe you are doing the best you can and I think you are doing great. Cats don't like to drink water so I would just make sure to give her wet food as much as possible over dry (higher water content) and just feed her several times throughout the day as you know they like to graze generally so with more feeding opportunities she might eat more. And it's great she is eating the food you add water too. That works well! It's hard to weigh cats but if you just hold her and step on the scale that might be enough to keep track of her weight. All you really need to see is if she is gaining, losing or remaining stable. But I guess if you want more exact measurements a cat scale works better. We always just hold our kitties and step on our scale now that we have a scale. Bought one last year when I was losing weight and we were concerned. LOL never thought that would happen. Being concerned about losing too much weight.:knockout:

Hope you are continuing to have fun in SC and sending you (((hugs))).

@canuk-gal hello there! Hope your Spring remains calm and mild with no snow. And no snow in May either. Hugs across the miles to you dear Sharon. I have missed you and glad you popped in to say hello.

@Sandeek how are you feeling today? GOOD LUCK with your infectious disease doctor. I am thinking good thoughts for you and sending big hugs your way. I will check in on you later to see how it went. XOXO.

@AV_ LOL exactly. That is what is referred to as being between a rock and a hard place. No exaggeration. Feels like this is much of my life between that rock and hard place. One does the best one can do. Congrats on making it this far with your thesis and I look forward to hearing more about that and your upcoming celebration.

@Tekate sending hugs and love to you and your family and hope little Evan is doing well. Please keep us posted re Evan and the baby to come. How is your weather doing?

@Mamabean aww sorry your son left you in the middle of the garage project. Thanks for checking in with us. Sending hugs your way and hoping the rest of your project goes smoothly.

@marcy please let us know did you purchase the WF earrings? We need a family bling shot soon you know. You have been doing very well in the bling department. How is Marty feeling today? LOL obnoxious is good as you say he must be feeling better.:lol:

Thank you all for your good wishes and hugs. Off to see David early today. Fingers crossed this appointment goes well.
(((HUGS))) to you all.

Leaving you with a photo of Bubbalah on my right hand. And of course HRH. She makes this photo IMO.

Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 5.48.04 AM.png

and a close up in the green library. I love how the colors in the room are reflected in Bubbalah.
Please excuse my awfully dry skin. I have been hesitant to moisturize after that allergic reaction on my other hand. I know I have to get over that but right now I am anxious about applying anything anywhere.::)

bubbalahinlibraryapril2019.png

Have a great day girls!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Typing as I am, one miss-pointing, inflexible finger seems like the end of the world (not that I write-write with two hands!) - then, I got distracted over coffee & saw that I am, in fact, exaggerating: people might pay allot for this sort of inconvenience? - WWW

How is HRH? All the cats in Granada send salutes! ,)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Typing as I am, one miss-pointing, inflexible finger seems like the end of the world (not that I write with two hands!) - then, I got distracted over coffee & saw that I am, in fact, exagerating: people might pay allot for this sort of inconvenience? - WWW

How is HRH? All the cats in Granada send salutes! ,)

Aww thank you @AV_ HRH is doing well knock wood. The super strong steroid injection my sister gave her 9 days ago is still working fingers crossed. But last time it only lasted shy of 2 weeks and the time before that a bit less than 3 weeks. And the most Debbie can give her is a shot every 3-4 months since it wreaks havoc on the rest of the body. Steroids are life savers but they are also life enders and one must tread a fine line with them. As I have personally found out too.

Thank you for asking. Life is rich when one has less to worry about and the peace of mind when Francesca is doing well is priceless. She is our sweet baby.

And I am typing to you as we chat with 2 hands woohoo. Though the index finger on my left hand is clumsy to use and I have to remind myself to use it I am doing my best. And I am so pleased to be able to use it at all.:appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies of the Nirdi!!

today I go for my annual check of wellness (according to Medicare) and my added insurance pays for an annual check up! I have blood tests often for the "Our Lady of the Perpetual Jaw Infection" or otherwise known as my osteomyelitis of the jaw, which I think isn't any better and I think this because I'm on daily doxycycline for about 200 years now and the previous time I renewed my "drug' I was told by the pharm tech that that it's the 'same' doxy I've been on the for last year BUT it' been reconfigured and looks 'a bit different' so I said 'okey! dokey! as I hate taking this stuff etc (it kills my stomach).. so I've been taking this 'new and unimproved probably worse' doxy. I know this because to continue this huge wanky baby tome here, I have a nasty old Irishwoman case of ROSACEA! this dreaded Bill Clinton/Donnyboy Trump! red, bumpy, painful, face problem due to some teeny weeny bug that lives on our faces! (probably eating mine as I write this).. so the drug of choice for ROSACEA! is doxy! all of a sudden my face starts to get bad, then BADDER to the point where I know make Santa Claus look pale, TRUTH, my son said, do you have a fever?! haha nah, just IRISH acne lad! (he is my son who has John's sense of humor and he looked at me like I was drinking ;-) ) so I've upped my scrubs on my face, believe that my doxy is now FAUX doxy for people over 65 so they can say 'she was on doxy but it didn't work' 'too bad, but she's in a better place' sort of stuff, if you catch my drift. So the new improved doxy imho is not doxy but crappy doxy :) so we shall see what my physician says, I already know that my cholesterol is SKY HIGH, but no drugs because my other choletesterol is SKY HIGH to good one, etc.. the life and sage of the old but lovely 3rd generation Irish woman in America! thank you for reading if you have done so!!

@missy glad you could get into OT this week, but every little bend helps I know. Thank you for asking about Evan, he's home and I received 3 pixs of him yesterday from my brother in law and Katie! he looks just like his big sister but a boy baby! I'm not going to get to meet him till we get back from Austin in late mid/late May, but that will give Anne time to recover from her Csec etc, she goes back to work in July so I know she will enjoy this time home with him and the big sisters :) HRH looks puurfect, what a beautiful kitten.. I love cats.. they are independent but they love you.. Hope she is feeling better like I hope you are feeling better every day. :)

@Sandeek do you have an appt with your ID today? hope it goes well, I'm sure you have tons more blood tests than I get, hoping your inflammation level is improving, mine is, or was.. sending you hugs and caring and love Sandeek.. you are a trooper for sure.. xoxo

@Calliecake hope you are enjoying your Tuesday, I look forward to reading about your next car adventure and you will know that what went down with the Benz brought you to the best car ever! xoxoxo

@marcy John loved his littel A4 convertible and I forget why we sold it back to Car Max, I think it was when we were moving up here and we went down to one car from 2. pretty sure, and so far we really haven't needed 2 cars.. retirement bliss ;-) sorry about the box chain!!! looking forward to seeing the wheat chain on your beautiful pendant.. xoxo

@junebug17 Hi June, hope Zoe is improving and hope you are enjoying your beach house, it's cold up here in Maine todayi 17F!!!

@AV_ Hi AV! hope you have had a good Tuesday and are enjoying your weather as it's cold here in the northeast USA. Throwing a party! sounds like fun and now you can control the food! ;-) if you are a meat eater you can have Iberian ham.. so so good and delicious! congrats and you do deserve a D FL diamond imho!!! Your picture is beautiful! and you are correct about the rainbow and storm.. and I think all your clouds will be clearing after your party !!!

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon nice to see you here.. hope all is well and your weather warms up as ours here in Maine is COLD. sending hugs and good vibes to you!! xo

@Mamabean sorry you had to finish the garage yourself! sons are fickle at times for sure.. have a wonderful Tuesday.

Well I must go and get read for my checkup/wellness visit have a great day everyone!

Kate

Added: I wanted to put a pix of Danny holding his son, I don't have Dan's permission to post him or his son but I fugure Evan will change, Danny not so much ;-)

blackedout dan.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate YES SIR! - I adore the wild pork in every state of aggregation... the hot, dry sausage & the smoky lard on top; ham is good too... & D/FL (after lunch, reversed order).
These things are served as a kind of spice here - very lightly & it is obvious why: the stuff melts on its way like chocolate. This is the only not-fish meet in recent memory. I eat weirdly for sure, but have no rules...

I hope you will get at least a good story out of your request for a change of treatment. You are not asking them to cure old age - just chase a bug or two.
-

Then, I hope you are getting a good time with Evan! .)

(off to lunch - liguine, a sauce of olives & sardines; I am done for the day)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate good luck with your check up. Hope it goes well.
Love that photo. Thank you for sharing Kate. Is anything better than babies? Be them human or furbabies they are all so precious. :kiss2:

@Sandeek sending more good luck your way for a successful ID Dr appointment today.

@AV_ enjoy your sardines and linguini. Sounds good enough to eat :lickout: and congrats on another work day accomplished and the rest of the day your own.

David saw me at sunrise (haha not quite but almost lol) and he was pleased though he warned me the finger will look bad for at least another month and it will be more than 3 months till the swelling goes down. He directed me to apply Tacrilomus for the next 2weeks which hinders me using it for typing etc. I was hoping I was done with med applications but not yet. We want to make sure the reaction does not come back. No guarantees but he feels I am over the worse of it. It feels so strange now. All hard skin like a vice around my finger. Filled with blood. Huge blisters. But so much improved. Thank goodness. As for OT he said yes it’s ok but take it slow. He seems confident that my tenaciousness will get me to beat the odds of being in week 4 not using it. I OTOH am not so confident. It’s easy for David to be confident with someone else’s finger lol. But he is right. I am not a quitter and tenacious I will remain. I will continue doing my best to regain function and try not being a statistic. Though darn it just won’t get past bending to 110 degrees still.

Ok girls that’s my update. Hope everything is going well and everyone is having a lovely day. XO.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy very good news! glad David saw you at the crack of dawn.. so glad you are going forward instead of backwards :) (((((MISSY))))))

Yes babies whether they are human or fur at the best.. they all smell so sweet.

My doctor appt went well, my HDL was up and while I don't fall into the category of needing a statin yet Mary (my doc) said if my numbers stayed the same I would next year so we might as well start so we are going to start me on low dose something calicium.. Also I am 1/2 inch shorter this year than last which isn't so great due to old lady bone less, but at this time she is letting it go because I have osteomyelitis and they don't want to secure and harden sick bone (good idea I thought!).

Back onto vitamind D (which should help my bones). Continue my regimen for my rosacea and come back in 8 weeks.. good appt really skinnier than ever but of course OVER WEIGHT.. but getting better and my BP was great! so mixed to good news really.

Missy, again sending you happy dust and healing dust to continue on the healing journey, you deserve it!

Kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey @AV_ sounds like the most delicious lunch ever!! and the ham, it's sooo good.. have a great rest of day!!! xoxoxo Kate

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy It sounds like your finger is starting to improve! I’m sure your finger will get to 100%...I feel bad it’s bleeding a little but I agree moving it carefully is the thing to do now. I would be whining by now...but you’re taking it like a trooper..really....
@Tekate I love the pic of Danny holding Evan..It’s such a sweet photo...
My grand baby’s due date was today but she lost the baby at 11 weeks. I hope they try again because babies are so precious..That picture was balm to me..so sweet..
I’m glad your appointment with the doc went well. Have you tried Red Yeast Rice? My husband has higher than normal cholesterol and triglycerides..The doctor wanted to put him on a statin..and wrote a prescription but he wouldn’t take it. Our opthamologist of all people told my husband to take Red Yeast Rice...that it helped him...If you don’t really need the statin yet look into taking the RYR and see if it brings the numbers down. I’m 65 so my blood work isn’t perfect anymore..actually any medical test comes back crummy so I’ve been avoiding the doctor. Last time my platelets were below normal..Sheesh..I’m not going until she emails me wanting to know where I am..
@Austina..Your gates are beautiful! Your driveway from what I can see with the flowers is beautiful..
I’m sorry about the passing of your friend..I worry about my husband too..He just got his executive physical so he’s pretty good except for his triglycerides. He loves junk food and candy and that’s needs to stop. The nutritionist told him he should have dark chocolate instead...so now he feels he has a license to eat a half of those large bars of chocolate. I don’t think that’s what she had in mind.
BTW..You could never be a monster-in-law! I had heard that boys go to the wife’s side after marriage..but that hasn’t been my experience. I’m so happy about that.
@Calliecake What did you decide to do about the implants? Are you wearing a guard at night to keep from grinding your teeth at night? I’m sorry about your car..How tall are you? I’m just wondering why there isn’t some way to adjust the seat..It doesn’t make sense. As soon as something else happens to my husband’s car..he’s going to take my bmw x3 and I’ll get a new car..Bailey is white and although my car is white..the inside is gray and the back where he stands is dark charcoal..The hair is attached to the sides and no amount of vacuuming can get it out. I’ve been looking at the Mercedes 350’s..but not sure if the back is low enough for Bailey to jump in. I don’t want to visit dealers yet because he’s waiting for his car to need something and then we’ll do it. I don’t want to walk into a dealer and say I’m not ready to buy but want a test drive.Truth be told I love a Range Rover but refuse to pay that much....no way...and I heard the repair record is bad.
@Sandeek I hope all your troubles will soon be over...All my fingers and toes are crossed that everything will be healed and the nightmare over....
@av You’re almost done?! What will you do with all your free time! :P2
@marcy My husband saves everything so I had to get rid of a car load of junk from that garage...actually the whole back of my x3 and brought it to the dump because they were useless things..My shelves are cleaned up but there’s a chest in there that gives me anxiety to look at..with junk on top and hanging out of drawers. I’m fascinated by the show Hoarders and although my husband is no way like that..it motivated me to get rid of stuff! I watch the show like a deer in the headlights...It’s horrifying people live like that..It’s really too cold to go out there so I’ll wait until it warms a bit. I’ve been indoors cleaning out the master bedroom closet. I have a ton of clothes and can’t wear 95% of them. I’m donating them all to my mom’s Senior Center...They're after my purses but I spent too much on them so I don’t want to give the good ones away..I’m going to put them on consignment here locally. My husband is away again on business so I’m donating his stuff too. I did ask him to go through four suits..He couldn’t get them on so they’re in the to go pile!
I have to take David..My son with Autism...for his med check up in NJ this Thursday..We do this every six months. We stay overnight in a hotel and we go out together..just the two us. We always go to PF Chang’s for dinner..then he swims in the hotel pool until bedtime. I try to make it a fun experience and not a report card kind of visit because the doctor asks about his behavior..and I have to mention some things but always try to end it with a positive. I really enjoy being away from my mom for a bit..My husband will be home at night for her..In the morning I have to drive to pick up Bailey from boarding...pick up my mom in Pa..pack and then drive to Maryland..I’ll be dead by the time I get there...As soon as I walk into that house my blood pressure goes down. I painted the living room blue and that room is so soothing to me..
I know I missed someone but I’m so boring and wordy! Sorry!
These are pic of my living room in Maryland..my room with padded walls when things get crazy for me..:lol:

0C63572D-A4AE-4A29-82FE-C12336D8D0B0.jpeg
39DDED41-3BF9-43E1-B83D-6A39AE3BECDE.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, yay to your finger showing some improvement! Too bad you're not done with the meds but if it helps it will be worth it. Hang in there with the exercises and I hope the mobility gets better for you soon...and such great news about HRH, fingers crossed the effects of steroids last longer this time around for her.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions for Zoe! I have a scale in NJ so I'll weigh her when I get home on Thursday.

LOL to your April Fool's joke! It was a good one! :lol:

@Tekate, overall it sounds like your appointment went well, great news about your bp and your weight being lower! I'm sorry to hear about your roseacea flare-up and I hope the antibiotics start kicking in soon. I really need to have a physical, I'm behind schedule and haven't had blood work done in a while.

Omg, Evan is SUCH a beautiful baby! :love: I want to reach into the pic and cuddle him.

Whoa, it's cold in your neck of the woods! Stay warm and hopefully those temps go up, 17 degrees is ridiculous!

I'm sure my sister could totally empathize with you re wedding complaints LOL! There are so many things about that wedding that bug her...it died down for a while but the pictures reminded her and got her going again! She doesn't even like the pictures themselves, the photographers didn't get any group shots of her husband's side of the family and I don't blame her for being upset about that. In hindsight we should have tracked them down and made sure they got some group shots but the day went by in a blur.

@Calliecake, sending good thoughts your way and I hope you're feeling a little better about the car situation, I know it's a big disappointment for you.

@Austina, LOL, I know what you mean...my dd is notorious for being late for everything and I just KNOW she's going to be late to her own wedding if and when that day comes. Good to hear you had a lovely Mother's Day and a relaxing weekend...we all need one of those once in a while!

@av, what a delicious lunch, now I'm hungry lol. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your day.

@marcy, it was fun looking at the wedding pics with my sister, she's a hoot and we laughed a lot...in between her griping about the wedding LOL! Her husband was in and out of the room and I could tell he was dying to say to her "get over it!" I'm sure he said it after I left :D Oh no to your chain opening, that is not good at all and I'm glad you returned it for another one. I don't even want to think of you losing that beautiful pendant. Turns out we had to reset the modem - dh unplugged it thinking that would reset it but we needed to press the reset button.

Hi @canuk-gal! Great to hear from you, and I'm hoping the warm weather stays.

@Mamabean, good for you for tackling your closet! I need to do that too, there's so much in my clothes closet I don't even wear anymore.

Dh said a while back he wants to treat me to some new bling so I have been looking...and thinking...and changing my mind a lot lol! I would love an emerald ring but I dunno...I'm really more of a diamond girl. I think I've narrowed it down to these two, these are the rings that I feel the most excitement for. The first one is from Ivy and Rose...now I know this is not to everyone's taste but I love it! I sent a message for a pic of the profile and I haven't heard anything back.
https://ivyandrose.com/products/2-8...ond-platinum-engagement-ring-halo-modern-pave

I think this diamond is just gorgeous...I'd have it set in a solitaire. And have some money left over in the bling budget.
http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/1-12ct-vintage-moval-marquise-diamond-gia-h-vs2/

Steven Kirsch is selling an oval in a double halo and it's beautiful...but the center diamond is uncerted and shows some tint in the video so I think I've ruled that out. any comments or thoughts would be appreciated!

Love to all!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Your home looks lovely @Mamabean , very ‘homely’ and welcoming, and Bailey is very handsome. We have moved numerous times, so have decluttering down to a fine art! Next year will be another round of decluttering, hopefully our last before the big move across the Atlantic. I hope your appt. with your son goes well. Colin is the same as your DH, he eats 85% cocoa solid chocolate, because “it’s good for you”! Yeah, not when you eat so much of it :lol:

Whilst it may not be what you wanted to hear, there is good news amongst the rest @missy. Your finger will get better, but it’ll take time, you are the mistress of patience with everything you’re dealing with. Just believe that you’re on top of this and you’re going to get back to full mobility.

I’m so pleased to hear the Francesca is doing well and the steroid injection is working it’s magic. Bubbalah is just amazing and it’s impossible not to take a good photo of her. :love:

Ugh @junebug17 , how frustrating, I hope your internet has been sorted out now. Ours drops frequently, we seem to be in a bit of a dead spot here.

:lol: Love your comment that Marty is being obnoxious so he must be feeling better @marcy. Good grief, that wasn’t good about the box chain, did you get your new chain after work?

Oh dear @Tekate , what a trial you’re living through, as we say here, this aging lark is a bugga! But it’s a hell of a lot better than the alternative :shock: I can’t believe Anne is going back to work so soon. Evan looks pretty content with his Daddy.

Range Rovers are notoriously expensive to maintain, so you’re wise to avoid them.

I hope you enjoyed a leisurely lunch today AV_ and savoured every mouthful.

Big wave to all the lovely NIRDIS I haven’t mentioned, I’ve spent all evening on the phone, so have run out of time, now I’m off to bed :D

:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean I like you, you are a special wonderful mom, a good soul and have a gorgeous dog, home great husband etc... my hat's off to you dear lady..

xoxo

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit, just saw your post @junebug17 - you know which one I’m going to say :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 DH wants to treat you to some new bling? CAN I BORROW HIM? can we switch my good hubbie with your Generous and thoughtful hubbie? Love the IVY Rose Ring.. there are so many things you could do with the moval stone, it's delicious, I've looked at 2x (well 3 if you count when I just hit your pointer over to LAD).. I'm not in buying mode, I'm in Nanny buys everything for Autumn and Daddy and Mommy mode, my unicorn is a 2.98+ OEC at GHIJK color and reset my AGS2 diamond into a pendant.. maybe someday in the future. :twisted2: I was actually on LAD last night just looking at any good OECs :) so I am an enabler, buy the moval or the other, whatever makes your heart sing and you are attracted most to, I know that's hard because iloveitall!

ETA: June I have followed Kirsch for about 2 years now and his oval sets are perfect, if I had an oval I would go to him, also I like his emerald cut diamonds too!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina thank you and good night! Aging isn't for te faint of heart and I NEVER thought I would be so wrecked :) nite!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick hi to everyone. Just got back from a lovely walk with Greg and we enjoyed some (non dairy for me) ice cream and even found a cute shoppe that sells gluten free bagels..yummm.

@junebug17 yay to new bling. See my answer above. (((Hugs))) to Zoe and you.

gorgeous home @Mamabean!

@Austina sweet dreams.

@Tekate make sure you take vitamin K2 with your D3 OK? To make sure it gets where it needs to go. And HDL is good cholesterol. If you don't mind (or just contact me offline) please share your LDL and total chol plus triglycerides and the size of the molecules matter too. So you really might not need chol lowering meds. (((HUGS))). Thank you for your always generous and lovely compliments. You are the sweetest nicest person! XOXO.

@Austina thank you and good night! Aging isn't for te faint of heart and I NEVER thought I would be so wrecked :) nite!

Awww, It beats the alternative. (((HUGS))).

my unicorn is a 2.98+ OEC at GHIJK color and reset my AGS2 diamond into a pendant.. maybe someday in the future. :twisted2:

Let's get cracking on that..I am with you!

@Sandeek thinking of you and sending big (((hugs))). Hope your appointment went well.

@AV_ hope the rest of your day was enjoyable and you made the most of your being off time even if it was doing nothing. As long as you enjoyed it.

@marcy hope Marty is feeling better and that his muscle injury is better soon too. Less than 2 weeks to the competition.
Hope the rest of your day is going well.

@Calliecake hope J is feeling better by tomorrow so you can go out and enjoy the day.

Leaving you with 2 photos of our outing. It's warmer than it looks. Greg insisted I wear my warmer coat while he just wore a blazer. LOL men.

Cinnamon raisin gluten free bagel...next time I will try it.
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 5.09.43 PM.png

Ice creamilicious
Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 5.10.50 PM.png

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy living here?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Tekate I like you too! Thank you for all the lovely words! :kiss2:
@Austina Thank you! That was my goal...comfy for us...homey..The only thing new in that room are the drapes, sofa, stuffed chairs, pillows and mirror...This is my second home so I went to consignment and antique stores for everything else..It’s more casual than my Pa house..but when we move to be closer to my son Scott..I’m getting rid of a lot of the fancy furniture in Pa....I don’t like it anymore except for a few pieces..
@missy Thank you! You look adorable in that hat and mittens..My husband doesn’t feel the cold..and shovels snow in a sweatshirt...I bundle up like you! It’s so nice you love where you live..but how could you not love Brooklyn..:love:
@junebug17 I love both but the sparkle in the Moval diamond is just gorgeous..I hope no one reads this and gets it! Hurry! Lol
I ordered diamond huggie earring from David last night..as if I didn’t buy enough stuff lately..They will be subtle...The diamonds will be a little bigger than the diamonds in my cushion halo..:appl:I don’t wear hoops but I wanted little huggies..My mom bought me a pair for Christmas but the diamonds are way too small...It just looks like white gold...but there’s little bitty diamond chips in there..
I’m off to watch Hoarders..lol I don’t know why I watch that show..It makes me want to clean..:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results