shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy your pendant is G O R G E O U S! I love pendants... what a great job.. I also love WF they are great, the chain is a great length and you looook beautiful Marcy! so is the pronunciation Marsella or Marchella? just curious, nosey? being me girly! I consider Marcella a beautiful name and went to elementary school with a lovely sweet called named Marcella... sorry about the snow.. I feel as though are snow glaciers are moving receding! hope yours are too xoxoxox

@Sandeek YOU! be nice to yourself, this crap infection we have going is not caused by us, it was caused by some moron who screwed up. It's insidious because it can get very bad before we know it, I mean you have been thru a worse ringer than me.. I am so sorry.. you know this I hope... xoxoxo. I should have connected with you earlier, you asked that but I didn't know how and I apologize Sandeek, I am so sorry :( you know I support you in what you decide you want to do. I wish some poop dr hadn't screwed up your jaw, mine was caught earlier because I went in for the implants, otherwise who knows how long I would have gone with the bacteria eating my jaw up.. it's so hard.. and like Missy, I have metal and I'm waiting for the day I drop dead due to infections in both my hips that got out of hand. Sending you so much hugs/dust and just plain compassion for what you have had to go thru.. you and Missy, our troopers in the infection dept.! (((Sandeek))) xoxoxoxo (My nephew had his son on 3/26, my little Autumn is due on 4/20 but it's great to be a GREAT - AUNT! again, I feel so lucky to have these kids and new grands in my life for sure).. xoxoxo talk soon.

@junebug17 Hi June, I am very happy that Zoe is doing better and it's brilliant to add some water to her food! As to chocolate chip cookies, in my book real, good butter (European style) is the best for delicious cookies. Sorry about your DD's dings, as you know re: Chris's problem, I sympathize, life in the city with a car? nope not me, I never had a car then, of course I lived on the IRT/IND daily! Having Zoe with you is a comfort I'm sure, we are taking Salley with us when we do our "Kate and John's Trek Across America" tour starting this Friday!... how's the weather in SC?

@Calliecake and onward and upward on the car adventure! it's an adventure.. test driving etc.. I'm sorry it didn't work out with the Merc. There's "The One" (ala the Matrix) out there for you.. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

@Cluless Hello! nice to see you here!

@missy I had a bunionectomy back in the mid 80s this i when I found out I am allergic to any kind of tape.. I think they used that liquid sealant on my 2nd hip replacement and I did not have a problem with it.. This sounds reasonable and probably true, so so so so sorry, contact me any time Missy, I'm here.. and Missy I read what you wrote in the saddest/happiest thread you started (which is awesome btw).. what you said about Greg made me want to copy and send it to him, that was one of the most beautiful and loving tribute to a wonderful guy, but I would BET that he has the same to say about you and more! I was very much moved by the love you two share and how you both fit so well.. Thank you for sharing those words, it was truly beautiful. ((((MISSY)))) xoxoxoxoxoxoxo ad infinitum

@Austina your ring, no words, just ooohs and ahhs here in Maine! flowers are stunning too. Hope your Saturday and Sunday are GREAT girl. xoxoxox

@marcy I think June mentioned the fluidity of your pendant and that hit the jackpot with me, I LOVE fluid jewelry (actually in most things).. your pendant is fluid and I love it!

@Scandinavian :wavey:

@AV_ a big hello! and happy weekend :wavey:

to all the NIRDIs have a super weekend (eeek I sound like my assh--e old boss at IBM, but I REALLY mean it) ;-)

Evan came home last night and I got 3 pix in a row, I will upload one and try to post a pix of this chubby, gorgeous beautiful boy! They released him with the warning if he spikes a fever, bring him in.!!

I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart about your caring and kind kind words about my grandnephew, I sincerely appreciate it.

Going to eat lunch now, nothing planned this weekend, cleaning crew comes Monday, next Friday we start the trek to Austin! I will give the lowdown on stops this week, I gotta read John's email.. hahaha lazyiness thy name is Catherine my mom always said.

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Sandeek, thank you. I think I’ll really enjoy the pendant. And yes, snow can go away any time now. You are amazing facing the day with a smile while dealing with chronic pain. Bless you and mega hugs coming your way. I hope you have a nice weekend.

Junebug, it is kind of interesting how different cooks using the same recipe don’t end up tasting the same. Could be ingredients, mixing techniques, ovens, who knows. My one sister and I must do the same thing because our cookies taste exactly the same. Thank you; I think the setting is perfect and love the icy, lively diamond. I need to get a heavier chain for it; this setting is definitely solid gold not hollow. I swapped out chains this morning with another pendant. I’ll go look at chains tomorrow when it’s warmer. Thank you for Marty’s get well wish; he is on the couch with ice packs and a box of tissues. I made homemade soup today for lunch and cookies. I followed the feed a cold and feed sore muscles theory. I am glad your DD plans on fixing the dings in her car; that is too bad she lives where she’ll deal with that all the time. I am glad to hear Zoe seems to be doing okay and likes her probiotic. Good idea to have a car in SC.

Missy, happy Caturday to you. I hope you are doing better today and sending your comfort, relief and healing dust your way. Thank you; I will wear my new pendant frequently. It sure does sound like the liquid contact dermatitis could be what happened. I can’t have anything with adhesive on me and have always had rashes and skin damage after surgery. I love that wound tape they have that sticks to itself. Thank you for the beautiful spring flowers. The only way I am going to see those here is in a craft store and made of sick or plastic.

Austina, thank you; I am very happy with how my pendant turned out. I am glad one of us is having nice weather. Gorgeous pictures of Bella and flowers.

Uni, I am sorry life is so busy and crazy for you. My suggestion is make those cookies and eat some of them right out of the even. I’m a cookie enabler. How awful about your reaction to Neosporin; I’ve had that happen too. Both time those incisions got infected and it was a total mess. Don’t touch the stuff now.

Kate, thank you. You and June are right; the setting is very fluid. I like pendants, bracelets, earrings and rings. They all complete the outfit, eh? You pronounce my name as Marsella. I know another Marcella; she was a teacher where I went to junior high school. We still visit when we see each other around town. It is so frustrating what mishaps and mistakes can do to us and our bodies. I have a crown that hurts all the darned time and with all of you ladies having assorted issues from your teeth I don’t even want to think about having them deal with it. Of course you are a great aunt. I am curious what you mean by European style butter for cookies? I always used unsalted butter and watch to avoid anything with added water. I am so glad Evan got to go home. Looking forward to your pictures.

I stayed up late last night and finished a book. We got up about 6:30. I started a batch of beef noodle soup for lunch and decided to make a batch of chocolate chips that would be done about the same time as the soup. Living it up on the weekend.
Marty’s crud is still hanging on. His sore muscles aren’t any better but he did go to the gym. Poor guy skidded on some ice walking in to Starbucks and wrenched his back right where he is sore. He’s been icing it this afternoon.
I begrudgingly started laundry. I should be working on the club newsletter but can’t say I’m motivated to do that.
I was going to go get a heavier chain for my pendant but will wait until it’s warmer tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for chiming in @Cluless. You are always welcome here just so you know and no apologies necessary. We are pretty sure it is allergic contact dermatitis though surely it could also be an additional issue ie fungus and I will ask my derm on Tuesday when I see him again. I will add a link at the end of this post outlining my condition.

Missy thank you for being so kind an welcoming I truly appreciate it. I hope with all my heart that the healing is a quick process and doesn't drag on for months, keeping you in my thoughts.

Marcy beautiful pendant, wear it in good health.
Tekate glad to read Evan went home.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week end.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Now, that's a Hell of a finger! A second degree burn - to which your blistering has been compared - would take a while to heel, but I would have no idea if a duration of 'months' (mentioned in the abstract) is common ,( Darn...
The only doctors I ever had to see are dentists (a very long story) - frankly, I rather prefer to think that teeth are many & somewhat disposable (joke).

@Tekate Oh, the camelias! I wonder why there are NONE around here: the south of Italy is overrun, yet... not a single one around. I love green tea too - as much as the flowers.
Then, diamonds & flowers ! .)

@marcy Good to see you!

_

I'll have to catch up with the many mentions & days worth of NIRDI!

It sure has been quite the week: the paper got good enough to show - right on the self-imposed deadline of the 28th. I've put a tentative title on - knowing all to well that it'll put off everyone & I am calling on a beer party to debate 'It' (@missy ! - you sure guessed right my dread of calling this anything & letting it float/sink) Why the naming fuss? well - I'll be talking of 'nearsighted lattice equilibria' proposing to look for those things; the wording contains two pranks, each requiring a chapter to debunk - hopefully amusing the folks who are receiving this stuff in the mail.

It is impossible to get my head out of these things & just as well since there is allot to do (correspondence!)

But, of course I cannot avoid noticing beautiful jewelry wherever - WWW ! I'd rather know how to go about making the flower & the sum total - I will not be trying...

Thank you so much for walking with me!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The usual for me here...lurking, lurking.

My DD now has a husband and a French last name.
Here they are walking through town to the Marie, where they were wed by the mayor.
He gave a funny speech about the bride and groom, teasing and complimenting them while wearing his official red, white and blue sash with medals.
The walk through town was so much fun, with people stopping to take pictures of the couple, and cars coming to a halt to watch us go by. Everyone loves a wedding.
The dinner went ‘till midnight. The groom takes the train back to school 5 hours from here this evening, and the bride goes to a conference in Greece the next day. The mother of the bride plans to do NOTHING this week.
9A7F682B-5AFD-45FF-BD6E-B496B8C57C45.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Sandeek hope you enjoyed a wonderful day with your DD yesterday and have a lovely Sunday too. It's a bit dreary here but hopefully the weather won't dictate our day. And I hope all is going smoothly and the infusions are going well. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate aww thank you! LOL no don't let Greg know I wouldn't want him to get a swelled head or anything.:cheeky:
Thank you for sharing in that thread. I was moved by everyone's comments and cried while reading some of them.

So glad Evan is home now. How is he doing?

@AV_ congrats on reaching this goal and having your paper ready to present. Thank you for taking us along with you on your exciting journey. Count me in on the beer party. I might be drinking water but I promise it will seem as if I am drinking beer (ask anyone who knows me and they will confirm I am giddy on just water 8-)). Lucky you for only having known dentists for your heath care team..wish I could say the same.

@marcy how is Marty doing today? Hope he is much improved. Glad you finished your book and what will you be reading next? Good for you getting a start on your chores and asking yummy cookies and making soup too. Love your pendant and I think a heavier chain will look beautiful. Hope your weather is nicer today.

@Cluless my pleasure. Very glad you are here.

@Uni thank you for sharing with me. I have had this reaction for almost 2 weeks now so sadly not following your lovely short duration but praying the reaction will soon abate. I appreciate you chiming in to alleviate my concerns and it does make me feel better. I am sorry you have dealt with similar experiences and hope neither of us experience this horrific reaction again. I am however just trying to get through this one day at a time.

Do let us know when you bake the cookies.:lickout: And hope life calms down for you soon. Hugs.

@Austina Bella is looking quite fetching. Thank you for enjoying my flowers and I am enjoying yours as well. I will share an old photo of Bubbalah among the greenery as obviously I cannot take any new ones right now. :(

bubbalahinsun.jpg.png

@Jimmianne oooh congrats to your DD, her new DH and all the family!!! Gorgeous photo. Enjoy doing NOTHING for a while. You deserve it @Jimmianne.

Yesterday Greg and I visited another neighborhood and a different rescue group and found all sorts of amazing vintage shops. We walked over 7 miles (iPhone told method lol) and it was indeed a glorious day. Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely weekend so far and have a wonderful Sunday girls!

Leaving you with sweet Valentina. A rescue we visited yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 7.33.08 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squirt sighting just now on security cameras! :kiss2: And check out the gorgeous cherry blossoms.:love:

beachhouseandsquirt.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina and all our British Mothers out there :appl:

Happy Mother’s Day!!!

7B91A2D7-DC70-40CC-BFC3-0D954F9612EA.gif

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Hey girl.. Marcy one of the things that really changed the taste of my cookies was going from and electric oven to a gas oven, totally different texture, taste etc. I at first hated the gas oven but I've grown used to it now. Just a thought :) Also European butter has a higher fat content that American butter (oh those Euros!), I can buy at at my local Hannaford's or HEB in Austin, but I only buy it at XMAS time when I make cookies.

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/whats-the-difference-between-regular-cultured-and-european-butter

Hope Marty is doing better today Marcy!

@Cluless thank you so much and again a huge welcome!

@AV_ always sister's in flowers AND DIAMONDS and I am glad you are at the end of your journey on your paper. !!!! and the fibula is gorgeous! I hope Jimmianne sees it! fantastic. I was in Athens last year and bought a vase with black and orange and depicts a scene, it was handmade and the shop owner shipped to the USA for us and it didn't break, I try to get something from everywhere I visit and this was my Athens vase, I love it. I loved Athens, many people I know didnt like it at all, but I thought it wondrous. xo

@Jimmianne well dang! I thought your daughter was marrying in May! so we need more pix.. I need to see your dress and pin Jimmi! what a glorious and beautiful day! So I have news, last night my brother in law called my husband, his son (same age as my Chris) got engaged sometime last fall, the couple has been together since 2010, so we first heard he was going to have a 'small' wedding since 'she' was shy (not so and she is a public speaker) so, time goes by and last night my brother in law told John that they are having 2 weddings - one small thingy here and a big thingy in France, so we are invited to the France one and I think they are paying for the France one, but this going to be 10/10/20 so it's like no big rush here. Nephew is going to get rooms for the aunts/uncles only cousins are on their own, we don't think he wants to pay for a big wedding and cousins DO cost money in this family. So I'm excited, nephew's sister was married and lived in Venice from 9/10/2011 till 8/01/18 when she got divorced from her Italian husband, we all loved him :( but she hated living in Venice.. eventually broke them up. Congrats on DDs nuptials, I hope he knows what a great MIL he's got! xoxox

@Sandeek Hi sweetie, how are you doing? how's the infusions going? and how are you bearing up and feeling?

@missy as far as I know Evan is fine, I didn't hear a peep from Brooklyn yesterday, they did get my flowers and balloon and tea. I used Hibiscus at 604 Grand Avenue in Brooklyn, nice lady. Whoa, the Jersey house looks magnificent, when do you leave for the summer?

How is your finger? how are you? you have been thru soooo much these last few months Missy, I send you huge dust of love and health.

heart.jpg

We are a bit overcast up here with some sun! but it's warmer. Will talk to Chris later and hear wht his weather in Williamsburg is like (glad he has his shots btw, I never had measels or mumps) do you have the shingles shot now that I think of it @missy ? your finger looks like my shingles from 10 years ago... just another thought.. Hi to Greg and hugs to you.

everyone has a wonderful Sunday

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina happy mother's day to you too (just saw Missy's post!) I did know that British mother's day was this weekend tho! xoxoxoxo

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Cluless, thank you. I hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

AV, all right for your paper being ready to show and having a title party. Progress!!! One more big step accomplished. Congratulations.

Jimmianne, I hope you are doing well. Congratulations to the newlyweds. How a cool tradition to walk through the town and receive well wishes from everyone. Take it easy; I am sure you can use a day or two to relax.

Missy, how are you doing today? Marty is not doing better yet. His crud is still in full force and he sneezed this morning that pulled on that sore muscle in his back and he actually went down on his knees because the thought he was going to fall. Poor guy. He is worried because he signed up for a lifting competition in a few weeks and hopes it gets better by then. He just right now stood up and almost buckled over again. I said maybe we need a new mattress. I won’t tell you what his response was but it started with “die”. I started a series of books by Brad Thor - they are centered around a former navy seal turned secret service agent turned an agent fighting international terrorism. I started book 3 last night. Your outing sounds great yesterday. Hi Squirt and the cherry blossoms are gorgeous.

Kate, funny you should mention a gas oven - I reluctantly agreed to a gas stove when we were picking out appliances for our new house 6 years ago and I noticed right away how much more evenly things bake in a gas oven. That is interesting about the European butter. I’ll read the article you posted. Thanks. That is pretty cool about being invited to your nephew’s wedding in France. That will be fun.

Austina, Happy Mother’s Day!

I slept in until 8. My muscles are yelling at me about that though.

I wrote my April article for the newspaper this morning and will proof read it later today. They asked me to write up something extra in May about tips and suggestions for summer star gazing. I guess I am an unpaid contributing reporter now. Ha Ha.

I emailed Brittany at Whiteflash last night asking for a price on matching earrings to my new pendant. They’d have .12 ct diamonds in them on lever backs. Marty - here’s an idea for my birthday. You know me and spending money like a drunken sailor and all.

Take care.
Marcy

E3100.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marty just said we need to go luck for new tile and granite countertops - if we are going to replace the mattress he knows that will lead to something else. :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well trained Marcy, well trained!! a good man.

Marty just said we need to go luck for new tile and granite countertops - if we are going to replace the mattress he knows that will lead to something else. :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , It looks like you had a very fun day yesterday and got out to enjoy the beautiful weather. Hopefully you will get some good news on Tuesday and your finger is on the road to recovery. Just know what ever gets thrown at you, you have lots of people supporting you here. It will get better Missy. I know this has been really trying the past few weeks.

@Sandeek, You have been so strong through all of this. None of what you have gone thru is your fault. Everything you and Kate have been thru has made has made many of us question what we have been told and at the very least ask many more questions and get second opinions.

@Tekate, What a scare your family has been through with baby Evan. Thank goodness he is doing better and was able to come home. How exciting there will be another wedding in your family. You have one busy month coming up. My niece called this morning to say they are going to discuss having a date to induce at her next appointment on Friday. We are all so excited for this little to one to arrive. There will be lots of happy tears when we all get to meet this little one. I’ll explain the car situation below.

@marcy, You and the necklace look beautiful! The necklace turned out perfect. It’s wonderful when a jewelry project turns out just the way you want it. I hope Marty feels better soon. There has been lots of stuff going around here too. Please let me know your thoughts on the car situation below.

@Austina, It sure looks like you and Bella had a great morning enjoying the flowers. Happy Mother’s Day Austina!!! When are you coming back to Austin?

@junebug17, How is the weather in SC? I hope you and DH are having a great time and are enjoying the warmer weather. Did Zoe do well on the car ride? My husband and brother used to always say my mom and my cookies tasted different. We used the same recipe Mom used less batter per cookie. Her cookies were crispy while mine were more chewy. I think her oven also ran hotter than mine did.

@Jimmianne , What a beautiful picture. Your daughter had a gorgeous day for her wedding. I hope she lets you share more pictures here. Please tell her you will block out her face. I’m so happy for your daughter and her husband. These are the best moments in life. Soak them all in Jimmianne. Nothing is better than seeing those we love and care about truly happy.

@av, I can’t wait to hear the title you chose. I’m very curious.

@Ringo, Keeping you in my thoughts and hope your treatments are going well.

I am well aware how ridiculous this will sound to those of you going thru health issues, so please just stop reading here if you are dealing with serious health and life issues. In the whole scheme of things I know this is just a car and isn’t an awful moment in life.. @Tekate, I wish you could write what I’m about to write because at least then it would sound interesting. You and @marcy will probably be the only ones who will understand my disappointment because you both love cars.

After months of taking my time and looking at all my options for a car. I found a car I loved and it was exactly what I wanted. I bought the car the day they got it to the dealer and was thrilled. The headrest was very uncomfortable after the first 15 minutes on the drive home. I mentioned it to my husband who said we’ll adjust it tomorrow morning. It was late and we were both hungry and tired. So the next morning I looked in the garage at the beautiful car and DH says let’s fix the headrest. After 5 minutes of trying different positions my husband sees that here is a problem and goes thru owners manual. After 20 minutes of DH reading and trying to come up with a solution he says we need to have the dealer take a look because he isn’t sure it can be fixed.

We went to the dealer who sent the car expert out to take a look. I’m sitting in the car explaining to him that after 15 minutes of driving my neck hurts and my head bangs on the headrest repeatedly much of the time. Think the paddle toy with the long rubberband and ball attached that we played with as kids. He immediately says he can see the problem and that the headrest needs to be set back about three inches. He takes the car to the shop and I go sit in the dealership with a cup of coffee with my husband.

Twenty minutes later the general manager, sales person, tech guy and another man come to talk to us. I can tell by their faces this is not going to be what I want to hear. The headrest cannot be adjusted back. We all go out to the car and all of them try to see what could help with me sitting in the car. They try every adjustable position and keep saying, no this will be a problem, look at her neck. Because of my height and body type, the headrest pushes the back of my head downward and forward and the back of the seat doesn’t even come close to touching my shoulders and upper back. Putting the seat back doesnt help and is also really uncomfortable. We can’t lower the seat because then I can’t see out the window. Can raise it any higher because of the ceiling height, I did ask if they could just remove the headrest but they said Mercedes would not allow that for safety reasons.

The General Manager told me to take the car home for a few days and see if I can find a comfortable position. The GM says they will take the car back and refund my money if it doesn’t work. They all agreed this seat probably wasn’t going to work for me while I’m thinking (and say) of course I can make this work somehow. If I can be comfortable in heels, I will figure this out. After two days of trying I had to face the fact that this wasn’t going to work. When your husband is saying “Honey, this is like you spending $5,000 on a pair beautiful pair of heels you can’t walk five steps in. It has to do more than sit in the garage and look gorgeous. You need to be able to drive it more than a few minutes and not hurt your neck”. I finally had to agree this wasn’t going to work.

I took the car back yesterday and they refunded our money. @marcy this dealer could not have been nicer and more helpful. Legally they didn’t have to return our money. The salesman and General Manager looked at aftermarket items and contacted Mercedes to see if they had a fix. We left the dealership and DH stopped at a chocolate shop. As I was eating the chocolate he asked if I wanted to look at other cars. I told him I needed a day to mourn my dream car. This felt the same as losing the diamond of ones dreams to me. Again, I know how truly stupid I sound. If you are still reading, thank you for letting me rant.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake and all NIRDIs Thank you for your kind words and support. I’m grateful someone could learn something about this from myself and @Tekate Its been a long, frustrating experience for sure. :(2

I am so sorry about your car! This is not a small thing and you should not feel that way. You researched, spent most likely many hours looking and deciding (dreaming, visualizing) so that’s a huge disappointment! You have every right to mourn something you so desired and never feel bad about that! We actually are car people too, having four of them between the hubby and I. In fact, DH just bought a ‘man car’ and I know how long and hard he looked and the sadness he would feel in your shoes! Take a few days and reassess. You’ll find something else. This just wasn’t meant to be. The next one will be the one. =)2

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek , I was hoping you and Ringo would just ingnore my rant. The last thing anyone dealing with a difficult situation needs is to hear a first world problem issue that someone should be over in 5 minutes. I read what you wrote about difficulties in life in the other thread. I’m so sorry Sandeek for what you have been through.

Please know you have probably helped many people by what you discussed here this past year. I’ve always discussed things health wise with my doctors pretty thoroughly but not so much with my mouth. I know I question things much more so about my mouth/teeth with the doctors after hearing what both you and @Tekate have experienced. I’m sure I’m not the only one. Thank you for being so open and kind.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, that is so awful about your car. I've had that problems with headrests too because I am short. They can be very uncomfortable when they are pushing your head forward. I tried pulling them to their highest position but then my hair would get caught in them. Does the model you bought have alternate seat options? Of course it sounds like all of you explored every option you could think of at the dealership. I totally get how sad and let down you would be after all that. You finally pick what you want, and get all excited to get it and then it doesn't work out for you. That was very decent of the dealer to completely refund your money - I doubt many dealers would do that. I'd give it a rest too instead of looking at cars right now. I'd want to have a self pity party that my dream car wasn't meant to be. That was very nice of DH to take you to a chocolate shop.
I was rather concerned about our red A6 at first - it had the cockpit seats (or whatever they are called) and they hurt my hip something fierce at first. I eventually adjusted to them and finally figured out on trips to Denver I just had to keep shifting myself and legs around every 20 minutes or so just to move everything.

Sandeek, what I've learned from you and Kate's experience is don't let the dentist touch me! I am so sorry both of you have to go through all of this.

I got a 1mm adjustable box chain this afternoon - box chains aren't the prettiest chains but I trust them.

Wishing all of you in NIRDI Land the best life has to offer - you are such wonderful, caring and amazing women. :wavey:

Marcy

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy,
I cannot believe what is going on with your finger!
A friend of mine got contact dermatitis on her fingers, and it looked alot like what you have. She never knew what caused it.
She eventually healed, and I hope you heal quickly, too! (((hugs)))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake I need to know what the 5K pair of heels is! I am a troglodite & couldn't think of any past less than half that; can you tell I never shop unless it burns...

@Tekate I am too much into local ceramics of everywhere - and Greece takes the cake in this respect! It took a while to find out where the good stuff is hanging here - my favorite pub (the one to host my thesis delivery party - likely THIS WEEK) has a ridiculeous collection on the walls & that is the best to be seen anywhere in town! Then, there is a 'cooling jar' in my kitchen - a heavy, white thing that filters & cools water. Then, there are tiles & whatnot making life interesting ::) The finest is still barely possible - WWW

@marcy Funny what you say re spending: all I hear from you is working & buying for the house. It is such a relief to see this pile of paper that says exactly what I mean! The rest is somewhat out of my hands... & not funny: a sort of auction where stuff that does not sell gets burned, I think... At least these days they do not also char the student!

@Jimmianne Such a wonderful wedding ::) The town seems to be handling itself well indeed.

@missy As the local rules go, if one does not order a beer, one does notget a tapa... I got an education in beer tolerance alongside my thesis here - and from the same professors horriiffied by their puritanical (-seeming) disciple .) Two years of this training got me past half a botle; at least now I can point correctly to where my own liver is & feel its size too! On the bright side - it is spectacularly true what they say about a small doze of booze & writer's block. My thing is pubs & coffee shops & the people in them - and this only applies to the south of Spain where everyone talks with everyone.

NIRDI is a great cure for doctor-avoidance :(2

-

Wishing everyone a good week, as always

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ wow that vase is gorgeous, just simply gorgeous, thank you for the pointer!

And I like your comment about NIRDIs being a good place get over avoiding a doctor! (((AV))

have a great week too!!!!

Reactions: AV_

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake geez Callie that is a bitch with the headrest, now my merc was an 05 but I don't remember a thing about the headrest so it must have been okay.. BUT John had a 2010 Audi A4 convertible and I couldn't drive it because the way the super duper sporty car seats folded my fat butt wouldn't fit into the chair comfortabley.. so I never drove it and I think I rode in it like 5 times in 6 years so I get this uncomfortable feeling altho one's butt is preferable to a neck problem that really stinks for you and I totally understand your sadness, German engineering can OVER engineer imho, take a look at Lexus, I swear Marcy for luxury and fn of driving you can't beat Lexus.. I loved my mercedes, it was very taut driving and it MOVED, but my Lexus made me feel like I was comfortable and floating.. but man that Audi squished my butt and made me feel fat (okay I am a bit fat but not THAT fat or may be I am??? anyway it was John's car and he has a skinny butt so it all worked out for him :) ) Kismet and Juju want you to find another dream car. It's out there. Seriously my brother in law (and they have like 3x the money we do) bought a Ford Edge, fully LOADED with everything known to man, it's a very luxurious car and he lives in Olde Town in VA/DC and that car parks itself it's really cool, I know it's a Ford, he doesn't care about cars the way John and I do, the guy could buy any car he wanted, like a TESLA! I love the looks of Tesla, last time I was in LA there were Tesla's everywhere, they are so bitchin good looking. :) I'm a car nut. Pocketbook nut and a diamond nut.. basically..

I have CSS, as soon as i get a car I think fits my whole person, I get it, and then I spend a year thinking I should have bought the BMW or Lexus or whatever...

So sorry it didn't work out, but neck problems from a car??? that is just no.

xoxoxoxo

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy there it is the cockpit seat, jeez louise they are so uncomfortable.. my husband has a skinny butt, me I hated it, my pelvis hurt terribly.

Sadly @Sandeek and I have encountered very poor dentistry. But my oral surgeon who had zero to do with the infection has paid the price for a very poorly done root canal by the endodontist from hell.

I agree with you about box chains.. :)

and Marcy, we are the best group of good women, who care, who are united in friendship and common thoughts, like AV, that woman does her best to communicate in English and she does a hell of a great job, that is a NIRDI.. a NIRDI is a friend :)

can't wait to hear about the earrings

happy week to you all.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, that article does sound applicable to you and I'm sending tons of good thoughts and healing vibes that you start improving soon. And lots of hugs too! Greg has been really wonderful and is doing such a great job helping you through this. I'm happy you took a long walk with Greg, sometimes just being out of the house, getting some fresh air, and being around people can lift the spirits a little and be a distraction. The pic of the flowers is beautiful! And I'm in love with sweet Valentina. Bubbalah looks gorgeous :love: and love the pic of your house and that adorable Squirt :kiss2:

@Austina, stunning pic of Bella!! She looks fabulous :love: The flowers aren't bad either LOL. Hope you had a lovely weekend. and Happy Mother's Day to you! And thank you @missy for making me aware lol!

Hi @Uni, sounds like you're very busy these days and I hope things slow down for you soon...and you can get to those cookies! (((Hugs)))

Hi there @Cluless!:wavey:

@Tekate, your excellent adventure (thank you Bill and Ted ha) is almost underway, sounds like it will be a blast! I am thrilled to read that sweet Evan is home now and I'm hoping and praying no more fevers for that little guy. :pray: Weather in SC is pretty nice, high 60's, low 70's...overcast though, with the sun popping out occasionally. So cool to be invited to a wedding in France!

@Calliecake, I'm so sorry about the car! You don't sound stupid at all - I know how disappointing it is for you, it took a long time for you to find a car you loved enough to buy. I totally get how you're feeling. I think it's a good idea to take a little break from car shopping to give yourself time to get over the disappointment. You're probably kind of burned out on the whole car buying process and need time to regroup. Hang in there, I know you will find another car you love! Your dh was so sweet to get you some emergency chocolate! Zoe ended up doing fine on the ride so my worrying and fretting were for nothing LOL!

@Jimmianne, oh wow, how fantastic that your dd is now married! I'm so excited! Sounds like it was a wonderful wedding and I am so happy for everyone :kiss2: Such a beautiful wedding pic too, what a sweet tradition. I hope you can fill us in on some more details :pray: And doing absolutely nothing is my favorite thing! I highly recommend it - enjoy it!

@marcy, it only makes sense to have matching earrings, now doesn't it? :P2 They are beautiful and will look great with the pendant, I hope you end up going for it. I'm so sorry to hear about Marty's back, he's having a rough time of it and I do hope he bounces back in time for his competition. LOL to a new mattress, and new granite counter tops, very funny!

@av, congratulations on meeting your deadline! You should feel very proud, you have worked long and hard on this thesis. I'm happy for you. I wish I could attend your beer party! I couldn't contribute anything useful but I love a good party LOL.

Having a nice time here - my sister and bil were here and we went out to dinner and had a good time. My sister and I spent some time looking at her daughter's wedding pics and she vented about everything she didn't like about the wedding lol. My niece looked gorgeous in the pics though, and so happy! I told my sister that was the most important thing, and she very begrudgingly agreed :P2

Sending love to all the nirdis who are going through challenging times, xxx

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@junebug17 I cannot quite immagine a NIRDI beer party (too vitual!) - but will come up with something! At least a good, long story, & pictures...

It isn't a wedding, but I could always wear white... - the only way I could possibly stand out even more than one goose among the ganders - who sure do what ganders do [I am thinking of geese... since I am hearing wild ones flying into the marshes nearby! - so eerie!]

on with the day

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Tekate Just seen on IS - www I'd expect he knows what he is doing since all the rest is so fun IHMO .)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! So I decided we should end this thread. I mean it's over 520 pages. :geek2:

APRIL FOOLS! I love this thread and I love all you ladies so much. :kiss2:

aprilfoolsday.jpg

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's try that again. :cheeky:
1094232nk7m1yvh5r.gif

@junebug17 how nice you got to catch up with your sister and BIL and you are enjoying being at your beach house. Your niece was a gorgeous bride despite not everything going as smoothly as your sister would have liked. I don't remember anything going wrong at our wedding and all I remember it was an amazing celebration. Oh wait the AC wasn't working too well and it was warm. But it still was the best party I have ever attended.:sun: And yes you are so right. The most important thing is your niece is happy.:appl: Speaking of happy I hope you enjoy the rest of your lovely time there. And please let me know how sweet Zoe is doing. Is she drinking more water and how is her weight?

@Tekate thank you so much for all your warm comments. You are a joy in every way sweet Kate the great. I hope you had a wonderful rest of your weekend. Hugs to you and your wonderful and ever expanding family. Looking forward to more good news from you soon. Hugs. We will start going to the beach house as soon as weather and my health permit. Greg is working on getting our recumbent tandem bike in cycling condition and he has at least 12 more hours to put into it and probably more than that. He spent Saturday morning there working on it. Tandems take a lot of abuse when riding as much as we do. Thanks for asking. Also want you to know how much I appreciate your support and caring. You are a gem among gems.

@AV_ well then I will just order a beer and give it to you to enjoy. There is always a way around the (foolish which is appropriate as it is April fools day lol) rules. What if one cannot drink alcohol (as I cannot) then that seems quite the silly rule but I won't let that stop me. Where there is a will there is a way.:cheeky: (((hugs))) to you. Cannot wait for updates re your thesis. You have accomplished so much!

@Sandeek your weekend sounded glorious and despite the rain your Sunday so much fun. I hope you have a good Monday at work and that your infusions go easily and fast. Sending you bucketloads of good luck dust for your ID doctor appointment tomorrow. And big (((hugs))) too.

@marcy I hate hearing Marty isn't feeling well and hope today he is much better. Those WF earrings need to be yours :love: you drunken sailor you.:lol: That's the kind of drunk I like. :Up_to_something: Hugs and thank you for all your caring and kind support online and off. You are indeed a sweetheart Marcy. And by the way I LOVE all your new bling. Marty is a good dh and you are a good dw and you guys make such a great couple.:kiss2:

@stracci2000 aww thank you sweet Stracci! I so appreciate you chiming in here with good thoughts for me and sharing your friend's experience with me to make me feel better. It does. Makes me feel as if I am going to be OK and get through this and you are a doll to care. Thank you so much. (((Hugs))).

@Jimmianne speaking of great couples please come back and share more happy stories from the continuing celebration when you have time. And more photos would not suck either.:love:

@ringo865 keeping good thoughts for you and here for you. (((Hugs))).

@Keeliamira hope you and your dh received happy news and are doing well. XO.

@Calliecake no worries ranting here. As we have discussed each person's problems are signifiant to them and you should not compare and contrast to others. I am sorry your dream car did not work out but I have no doubt you will find a wonderful car to enjoy. Hang in there. It will be OK. And you know we are always here for you. And glad you enjoyed some chocolate too. You can never go wrong with chocolate.:lickout:

Off to see my surgeon in a bit. Have a lovely morning girls.:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @AV_ gorgeous stuff! thank you. The vase on the upper riight - this vase looks like the one I bought in Athens. I went to the Metropolitan Museum in New York City last fall with my niece and there is a room there full of antique greek vases that all look like my fake one! Love Greek architecture and art. thank you for the pointer. Hope your monday has progressed wonderfully!

@Tekate Just seen on IS - www I'd expect he knows what he is doing since all the rest is so fun IHMO .)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 weather sounds great June. Thank you so much for your thoughts and concern for Evan, he's a bruiser but he's adorable.. I hope they are done tho, 4 kids (okay 2 she get's money from her ex for BUT he's a pain and he works in DC right now and there is BIG tension going on there with his reponsibility for the girls, altho he's got 3 more kids with his 2nd wife, guy is busy ya know ;-) ) So Evan, such a great name.. looking forward mucho to going to the city and holding him, but gotta go first and meet Autumn when she arrives.. It's nice to see this new generation arriving.. My mom would be so excited. :) Have a great week Junie! (and I get the venting over the wedding, sheesh I could do pages on Mike's wedding but 2 years down the road now I'm over NOT as much husband says) Hope Zoe continues to improve girl!

@ringo865 How are you? good I hope.. sending healing dust your way... xoxo

@Keeliamira morning and happy April 1st! have a great week.

@Sandeek sending buckets of love your way and healing thoughts and just overall hope you have a good week and feel better every day.. xoxoxoxoxo

@missy the beautfil, marvelous, Missy. I so look forward to seeing your pix of your rides with Greg this summer Missy, it's beautiful where you are (when you get there are :) ) and there aren't enough words to describe how wonderful what you and Greg do for the ferals and both your health's.. admiration abounds Missy girl.. total admiration. You know Missy, I've met oodles of people and I think I am a good judge of character and you are one of the ONLY people I have ever met that has true goodness of heart, being your friend is like being around sunshine, I can't speak for anyone else here but I'll bet a lot of us think the same.. Instead of being the person my dog thinks I am I'm going to try and be the person you think I am.. Everyone in life needs that friend who just believes in their goodness and shines.. LUCKY ME. ((MISSY)) I hope you post later on today what the surgeon says.. I hope your finger pain is abating.. Sending you more love Missy and healing thoughts and prayers (I rarely if ever pray for anything because I feel so lucky in my life) I pray for those and things that I think my verison of a higher power needs to hear. :) anyway.. I hope the surgeon has good news for you. Have a super duper wonderful week and I'm here as you know. ((((MISSY))))) xoxoxo give Greg a hug for me too. :)

@Austina hey have a wonderful week Austina.. I'm off to Austin this Friday! by way of Maryland and Missouri... let me know if you go there in the next month, we are staying at a VRBO near Hudson Bend if you know the area, little south of Lakeway.. xoxoxo and more pix of your gorgeous ring, sigh it's perfect.. xoxoxo happy week!

@Calliecake I'm with Missy, you are not a ranter you are a GOOD person.. have a good week and sending xoxoxo your way. :)

Everyone have a supersonic week.

xo

Kate

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results