color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s been a hectic few days!

@Scandinavian the ‘cabin’ will be fantastic, I don’t think you can go wrong with either white or black countertops, both will look great with white units.

Aww, :love: the photo of the pups ‘mushing’ is great. Do they have little booties on to stop them getting snowball feet?

Oh my goodness @Calliecake , your poor Mum, she must’ve been very shaken by her fall, I’m so glad she didn’t break anything, that’s always such a worry when an elderly person takes a tumble. What sort of pupster did they get? I hope your niece and great niece are doing well, and how lovely that you’re able to share the joy.

Hi @Tekate, thanks for the good wishes. I hope your travels go smoothly, it all sounds quite complicated, but I’m sure you’ll cope well and enjoy the baby shower. Stay safe and warm, sounds like you’re in for a really cold weekend.

Safe travels @junebug, I hope you and Zoe have a stressfree journey to SC, and enjoy your time there.

Ugh @Jimmianne the jetlag is the worst part of travelling, why did our kids have to be such adventurers? :lol:

Goodness @AV_ you’re one smart cookie, I was hopeless at anything science related, too much of a dumbo I’m afraid. It’s good that you found something that has sparked your interest. The new iPads are great aren’t they, it’s amazing to think there’s far more technology in such a small piece of equipment, than it took to get a man to the moon and back?

Good idea to go and check on the furniture delivery @marcy, I’m sure most places let things slide if you don’t keep checking up. How’s the head, are you feeling ‘normal’ again yet? Brrrrr it’s cold there, we’ve got a cold front here at the moment, but nothing like you’re experiencing. We had a sprinkling of snow, but it didn’t settle.

I really like the shorter ‘dos’ on you @missy, they’re very youthful (not that you don’t already look youthful, but YKWIM) Any of the dresses will look fantastic, so go with whatever you feel good in, and you can’t go wrong. When is the function?

I’m sorry if I’ve missed anyone, but so many things to do and not enough time!

I’ve been out virtually all day, had to get my roots done and hair cut, then I went out to afternoon tea with my former work colleagues. It was a lovely afternoon catching up with everyone, and the tea was :lickout: I’ve eaten far too much, and brought a doggy bag home for Colin :lol:

TGIF :appl:

Have a great weekend :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the good wishes about my mom. She is doing well, just very badly bruised. Your kind words are very much appreciated. If anyone knows how to get an old woman to overcome stubbornness, please let me know.

@missy, All the dresses look great on you. It’s always great to have options, especially for events like this one, where you want to look and feel good It will be fun to which one you decide to wear. Does Greg have a favorite dress? I thought you wore the dress in the last picture you posted. I remember when you bought it. I’m glad you had a nice visit with your parents and were able to get her phone back to her quickly. I had a great time with my sweet little niece yesterday. We were exhausted when we dropped her off but we all had fun! I wish I had her energy.

@junebug17 , Are you are having a great time in SC? Scandi’s idea to put a little harness on Zoe sounds like a great idea when taking her to the airport. I’m glad the flight and security line went well with Zoe. You sure picked a great week to get away. We may get 10 inches of snow by tomorrow night so a whole lot of nothing this sounds like a perfect weekend plan to me too. I had a little too much excitement this week with my mom. My poor stepfather was so scared and my mom was being stubborn about going to the hospital. I was very worried about a possible brain bleed.

@Austina , It sounds like you had a fun afternoon catching up with old friends. Did you work with the people you met for a long time? The vet told my parents today that their dog is a shih tzu mix. She is the sweetest dog.

Marcy, How much snow did you end up getting? You really didn’t need to send this storm my way. I hope we don’t end up getting 10 inches. I love the new carpet in your bedroom. It looks great.

@Tekate , How exciting for your son to make this move and start his new job. Exciting for Chris, slightly scary for mom (ok, scary as hell for mom).
I’d be nervous too Kate. Just show up for the shower and stay out of the way LOL. I would have catered the shower as well. It is just so much easier and everyone gets to enjoy the shower. You’ll have a great time. It’s such a wonderful time for your family. My niece has been sending me pictures and video’s of the baby daily. What did we do before cell phones? It’s supposed to be snowing all day tomorrow so I’m going to do some online baby clothes shopping.

@Jimmianne , Are you recovering well from jet lag? I’m so sorry about your little dog.

@Scandinavian , Your T and F stories are always so funny. The picture of the new house looks beautiful. I hope getting the permit goes smoothly and you can get to the building stage quickly. I can’t wait to see the pictures of the new house.

@av , Great news that you now have a new iPad. I am addicted to mine.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne
I am not going to write about my work, lest it goes up in smoke - like the dream that it is; there will be a public note of it in a couple of weeks.
Then, I might know what chronic jet lag is - left to my own devices, I'd rather write at night. It is too often possible.

@Scandinavian
True enough - you are closer than any part of the US! I have hardly seen much of Scandinavia - except for Oslo: I got to spend a couple of summer months at the university and know some of the city enough to want more.
I sure wish I knew way more of the right kind of mathematics - what I need is NOT what I know, not even close (but it seems to be a common enough situation - so I am allowed to play). They say this is real work & for now, I trust this nonsense!

@Tekate
Life has never bored me. However, few ever see my life as not boring (thank you very much indeed!): if I am not reading, I am reading & writing too little for the real writig people (on the Letters side) to even start counting.

@missy
I think I am getting away with not wearing heels much of the time... How do you pick flats to work with a floor length dress?

@Calliecake
I can't imagine working on any device but a tablet anymore - this is addiction indeed, so I am striving to get away on paper - a little...

@Austina
It is overwhelming to have this much packed into a slate - rather unthinkable: all the libraries (and no, I could not face this mountain without Google - it is simply inconceivable to read without search, and this is how paper has disappeard from my life in the first place), labs can hook up virtual sessions to the point that it is hardly worth travelling anywhere. It isn't funny to remember how things were... .( Tea in town sounds very nice indeed. So be it for this evening!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday. Hope no one is snowed under and hope it stays that way.

@junebug17 yay thanks for letting us know you and Princess Zoe arrived safely. And so pleased for you the weather is more mild and lovely there. Enjoy a wonderful weekend with your dh. Thank you for the kind comments.

@Tekate thank you. And hahaha yes so true. Age is not for the foolish. :cheeky: And my personal favorite...aging is not for sissies. True dat.
Christopher will do great I just know it. But as his mama of course you are going to worry. Glasses and adjustments...they fit OK right now and when it is convenient we will go back to the store and have all of our new (and old) glasses adjusted. They get out of alignment quickly with me taking them on and off and raising and lowering them on my nose so I can read up close lol. I make do with how they fit til I can have the fit perfected. And thank you so much Kate, you are beautiful on the inside and out. Truth.:kiss2:

@Sandeek how is your weekend going and how are you doing? Hoping you are comfy and cozy and feeling better each day and that your recovery is in full swing. (((Hugs))).

@lambskin Thank you! I do not love the way I look in glasses and really appreciate your kind comments about my new ones. As I get older I am more comfortable wearing them in public and don't bother as much wearing my contact lenses. It's freeing in a way just being able to go out with my glasses.

@Austina nice that you got your roots done and are almost ready for your upcoming travel adventures. Our black tie function is beginning of March. I now have like 5 dress options :lol: but no shoe options. And as you might know the weather here in March is super unpredictable. Could have snow or a heat wave lol. Not exaggerating. As you also might know I am a planner and that is why I started thinking about this in January this year. Last time I waited till closer to the date and I almost didn't find a dress. Murphy's Law in action. Glad you had a lovely tea with friends and I am sure Colin appreciated the doggy bag. Love doggy bags.

Thank you @Calliecake. No, Greg has no favorite as of yet. I am sure he is not even thinking about it haha. Men have it much easier than we do re formal attire but we have more fun shopping so I wouldn't trade. Glad your sweet grandniece wore you out yesterday. So much fun and enjoy every minute. It goes so fast. My niece turned 13 just a few weeks ago and I cannot believe it. How did she get to be 13 when I was just holding her in my arms and she was sleeping on me drooling. LOL. They grow up so darn fast.

Did you get as much snow as you thought you were getting overnight?

@AV_ it's easy to make flats work with a floor length gown. Greg hems it exactly where it needs to be with me wearing flats and voila. I wore flats with my wedding gown too. The gown was hemmed right at the floor so it looked like I was floating. Can you tell in this photo how the dress is just at the floor but not really touching the floor (though my train was touching the floor yes). You really couldn't see my shoes.

weddingphotogregsfamily.jpg

I feel the same as you @AV_ life is never boring and I am always engaged in something. Even if it is only in my mind. Reading and writing is a great escape and the time flows seamlessly when doing either.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Aww thanks @Scandinavian. Too kind. Just for you taking some photos in my long alternative hair. Most of the long hair is at the beach house but I did take one back here. Greg is going to alter this one today. It's way too large on my little head.
stevieandnewglasses.jpeg.png

This one is an in-between length and also too large on my head. This one gets altered next. I am enjoying the color of both these wigs. I never had the courage to really color/highlight/lowlight my hair dramatically like this and it is fun.

tatumandnewglasses.jpg.png

Have a fun weekend @Scandinavian and hope the furbabies are feeling well.

@marcy how is the weather situation by you? Did you get a lot of snow?

@Jimmianne no you actually picked the sea salt up here locally. It was the sweetest gift and at that time I wasn't using any salt but somehow you predicted the future and got me the sea salt I now use every day. Love it. Hope you are not letting the farm animals work you too hard but yes I hear you about them keeping you young. I think when one retires it's not retiring that makes them old but their lack of interest in anything that does. But if one retires and has many activities and interests that is what keeps them young. Being fully engaged and involved in anything that interests them. You have the right formula for success. Loving life and being fully engaged in all you do.

Not sure of our plans yet today but we are braving the cold and venturing outside. Tomorrow might be a different story if the meteorologists predictions are correct but Monday is the concerning day for me. Windchills predicted at 40 below.:eek2: OMG that is too cold but at least 60 degrees.
east%20coast%20psers.gif

Enjoy a wonderful Saturday girls!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love your thoughts on these images and colours!

D8782952-8164-4620-BC7E-1DCBA55756B8.jpeg 2DD5C364-DC8F-4272-9FA6-2D6BE9D6F707.png 7DF60B8B-B070-4A35-A81A-F4051EA69249.jpeg DF7639C3-6D79-4FA3-9F8C-78CB063D7057.jpeg C77AB82D-28B4-4E68-BBD8-5CDEC59688E2.jpeg 621A7AB5-15C4-4B79-8F57-71AC095694E5.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, physics - chemistry spectroscopy sounds pretty cool. I have an eyepiece for my telescope that gives me the spectrum of a star and yet I’ve never used it. A friend of mine used it to take some spectral images of stars. Such fun.

Jimmianne, I would not be surprised to find half eaten bears and you know who would think that was pretty funny. I am doing better, thank you. I totally get that lady deciding to travel and do what she wants now but I am sure your friend is quite concerned. Giving up your independence is hard. I saw where Prince Phillip was on the road driving again today. Hugs to your sweet dog; it sounds like he has adapted well and enjoying your love. Glad to hear you adapted well to local time. I found a box full of owner manuals in my back closet that I bet doesn’t contain a thing we own. I will go through it tomorrow. That closet could take me a year to get cleaned out. Ugh.

Missy, you have more snow on the ground than we do. That is nice you have a place right there to drop off things for the good will. Our drop off spot is awful; it is through a gate and in an alley and hard to get in and out of because it’s so busy. I tend to drop off things at Meals on Wheels. Your wigs look great on you and yet change your appearance dramatically. Love the glasses too. I am staying warm today; I washed my favorite sweatshirt I always wear at home today and snagged it as soon as the dryer went off; it was toasty warm. I loved it. I hope the snow isn’t so bad you can’t make your appointment on Monday. It does look like you are floating in your wedding photo - very cool. It is a great picture too.

Scandi, good deal to get a good report card at the vet. The cabin by the sea sounds awesome. I have not heard anything on our furniture. I think I’ll stop by on my way home from work this week. Great kitchen ideas.

Kate, I hate that when the cleaners use things they shouldn’t to clean. My gal is sure lacking on dusting. I totally chucked to hear your DH hopes the power goes out so you can use the generator. Marty would be right there with him. I am hoping that power stays on for you. Stay safe and warm. I did have popcorn tonight. My head feels a lot better.

Junebug, lol Dr. Junebug; I did take it pretty easy today. We ate out at lunch so there weren’t many dishes. I did laundry and vacuumed the new carpets. Seems like the easiest day I’ve had lately. Glad to hear you and Zoe made it to SC fine; nice that you are relaxing and enjoying yourself.

Austina, sadly places do let things slide. I will stop by on the way home from work this week to see if they have any idea when we’ll get our furniture. I am getting anxious. My head does feel mostly normal; I get a twinge or pain here and there but I have sinus problems so who knows what triggers those things? Glad to hear you aren’t getting snow. Sounds like you had a fun and busy day.

Callie, I am glad your mom is doing okay. I bet she has some nasty bruises. If someone can figure out how to overcome old people stubbornness they’d make a fortune. I get it though since the rest of us don’t often have room to talk. We had flurries her all day but nothing accumulated. Of course it was so windy it may have ended up in Nebraska. The mountains got about 8 inches of snow though. How much did you end up getting? We have another storm coming in Monday evening. Thank you for the compliment on the carpet; I like it so far.

We had our astronomy meeting last night. I did an easy presentation - just covering winter constellations and special sights this month in the sky. We got to talking about the constellation book I made for my students when I was teaching and some people were interested in getting a copy of it so I worked on that today. I threw out all of my teaching stuff when we moved so I didn’t have a print out of the book. It is saved as a Publisher file but since I only have Publisher on my work laptop I tried to print it out there. Sadly all of the little images and clipart shifted so I just copied and pasted the html document I had for the online class and made a new book. I think it is almost done. I need to make a table of contents. I also don’t like the star maps I have for it but the ones I had saved from class are such low resolution I don’t want to use them. It was kind of fun trying to build it again.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Sunday.

@junebug17 hope you and dh and Zoe are having a wonderful time at your beach house. (((Hugs))).

Hi @Scandinavian! Good Sunday morning.:kiss2:

@missy, really REALLY love that long wig on you! Hope Greg can make it fit you super well :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

He's working on it. This alteration is proving more challenging than the previous one. My head is shaped strangely I think. There is a lumpy area at the top that no matter how much he takes in still exists. LOLOL. Nothing is easy is it?:P2

Would love your thoughts on these images and colours!

D8782952-8164-4620-BC7E-1DCBA55756B8.jpeg 2DD5C364-DC8F-4272-9FA6-2D6BE9D6F707.png 7DF60B8B-B070-4A35-A81A-F4051EA69249.jpeg DF7639C3-6D79-4FA3-9F8C-78CB063D7057.jpeg C77AB82D-28B4-4E68-BBD8-5CDEC59688E2.jpeg 621A7AB5-15C4-4B79-8F57-71AC095694E5.jpeg

My thoughts...very pretty but what I don't care for in these kitchens:

1. Not a fan of darker grout with white tiles. In fact I loathe dark grout with white tiles. But that is my personal taste and it seems very on trend to have darker grout with lighter tiles. However I hate it.

2. The dark speckled granite is pretty but to me it's more like a bathroom granite. In fact we have that granite in our bathroom. So again personal taste and it is a pretty granite.

3. Love the marble countertops very much.

4. Love the wood floor very much.

5. While I love the blue cabinets I am not a fan of 2 tone personally so would go with just one color (and you guessed it I would choose white lol). But I appreciate the blue. Just prefer one color cabinet and again the 2 colors are quite the trend right now so YMMV.

6. While I love the look of the Farmers sink beware of water running down the front of your cabinets creating a water issue if you don't clean up every time. That is why we chose not to go with the Farmer sink. But I like the look. Though I do not like the way the Farmers sink sticks out in the above photo. I prefer things as flush as possible.

HTH but there is no right or wrong (as you know) and I feel funny sharing my opinions with you if you love the look of the above photos. Precisely because there is no right or wrong here. Anyway you know whatever you choose will be gorgeous. :love:

(((Hugs))).

Missy, you have more snow on the ground than we do. That is nice you have a place right there to drop off things for the good will. Our drop off spot is awful; it is through a gate and in an alley and hard to get in and out of because it’s so busy. I tend to drop off things at Meals on Wheels. Your wigs look great on you and yet change your appearance dramatically. Love the glasses too. I am staying warm today; I washed my favorite sweatshirt I always wear at home today and snagged it as soon as the dryer went off; it was toasty warm. I loved it. I hope the snow isn’t so bad you can’t make your appointment on Monday. It does look like you are floating in your wedding photo - very cool. It is a great picture too.

GM Marcy! No we have no snow on the ground this AM actually. But what makes the weather here dangerous is the super low temps coming that is supposed to freeze all this rain overnight and make tomorrow treacherous. Hope you continue staying warm and love wearing a favorite shirt or sweatshirt that is super soft and comfy. Toasty warm is sweet.Thanks for the kind compliment re the wigs. Anything that changes my appearance is good :lol:. Yes I also hope I can make my endocrinologist appointment. Fingers crossed.

We had our astronomy meeting last night. I did an easy presentation - just covering winter constellations and special sights this month in the sky. We got to talking about the constellation book I made for my students when I was teaching and some people were interested in getting a copy of it so I worked on that today. I threw out all of my teaching stuff when we moved so I didn’t have a print out of the book. It is saved as a Publisher file but since I only have Publisher on my work laptop I tried to print it out there. Sadly all of the little images and clipart shifted so I just copied and pasted the html document I had for the online class and made a new book. I think it is almost done. I need to make a table of contents. I also don’t like the star maps I have for it but the ones I had saved from class are such low resolution I don’t want to use them. It was kind of fun trying to build it again.

Glad your astronomy meeting went well. Your constellation book sounds great and I am sure your students will enjoy it. Especially a signed copy. Nice that you are almost done with it though it was a bit challenging since you got rid of some stuff. And glad you enjoyed doing it.

Hello @Tekate how is your weekend going? Hopefully you and dh are enjoying a relaxing and fun weekend. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek how are you feeling? Thinking of you and sending (((HUGS))) and continued healing vibes.

@AV_ how is your weekend going? Any adventures planned in the near future?

@Jimmianne hope you are remaining warm and cozy and having a lovely weekend. XO.

@PierreBear I am also thinking of you and owe you an email. Hope all is well with you and your dh. XO.

@Calliecake hope your mom is continuing to feel better despite her appearance. Bruises will fade. And hope your snow is melting and the weather calming down and that you enjoyed a nice day in yesterday. And that your snow shoveler showed up and did both your and your neighbor's walkway and driveway.

Yesterday was actually not bad outside at all and we walked around the neighborhood and visited the rescues and it was a really nice day. I also bought a book from our local bookstore (we like supporting small businesses) that I look forward to reading. It's a compilation of short stories and while I am not generally a short story fan (save Edgar Allen Poe and John Cheever stories) this book looked interesting. I'll keep you posted.

Today we might venture out again and explore a different part of our hood. There are 2 main avenues that stretch on and on so we did one of those yesterday and if weather permits will do the other today. Rain supposed to end in a few hours but then as I already wrote above temps plummeting and everything icing over. Fingers crossed it isn't as bad as predicted.

Have a wonderful Sunday girls! XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops forgot to share this pic.

catmafia.jpg

:lol: ::)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, hope the weather doesn't turn out to be as bad as predicted. Both wigs look great and I especially like the first one you posted. Hopefully the rain will hold off and you and Greg can continue exploring, sounds fun. So convenient to have a Good Will drop-off in your building, that's great.

@Austina, going to tea with friends sounds lovely, and it always feels good to get a cut and color...I just realized I'm do myself. Will have to remind the stylist not to go quite so short this time lol.

@marcy, glad you ended up enjoying recreating your book...sometimes a challenge turns out to be fun. Good to hear you are feeling better, and I'm glad you are taking it easy!

@Scandinavian, my problem everything you posted looks nice to me! My brother is renovating his small condo and has to make some decorating decisions and said to me in frustration "I can't decide -Everything looks good!"Lol. Love the flooring in the first pic. I like the blue cabinets and think they would fit in well for a place by the beach. The black granite is pretty, but I guess I lean towards the marble a little more, but that is just personal preference. Anything you choose is going to look great.

@Calliecake, how great that you get to spend time with your niece, children are a lot of fun. I'm sorry your mom is bruised, but so happy she wasn't seriously hurt. I know it's stressful dealing with an event like this. Hope things are going ok for you with all the snow, it's pretty but such a pain to deal with.

@av, technology can certainly make learning easier and I'm glad it has helped you so much in your work. It is truly amazing to think what is available to us right at our fingertips. I agree with you about writing though...sometimes I feel I can think a little more clearly when I write something out.

Not much going on here, yesterday was sunny so we took a walk on the beach...today is cooler and a little overcast so we might do some shopping. Nice getting away for a bit. I hope everyone enjoys their day <3

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, i hope the storm isn’t too bad and you can get out okay tomorrow. Good luck at the doctor’s appointment. You look great in all of your new wigs; just a different hairstyle and they do change your look. Which is always pretty. Makes me want to try a new hairdo. Your icy forecast sounds like ours for Monday night in to Tuesday. Ugh. We both hate ice. I had so much stuff on hand when I was teaching; I have a lot of it still saved in files but most of it was in Windows so I can’t get them to open on my Mac. I hope you enjoy the short story book. I read a collection of Stephen King’s early short stories and the last one left me hanging. I stayed up until about 2:30 finishing it and then it just stopped. If that had been in the day of you can find anybody - I would have sent the guy an email or text asking for an ending of some kind for that story. That is pretty cute and true about rescuing cats.

Junebug, I enjoyed teaching so it was fun playing with some of my stuff. I am taking it easy this weekend. I went grocery shopping this morning and got kind of dizzy moving my head back and forth unpacking the cart. Kind of strange. I don’t envy your brother or Scandi making decorating decisions. When we were picking out things for this house we spent an entire day going through all their options and choices and then we both had to agree. A walk on the beach sounds great. Enjoy your visit there.

Not much going on here. I got up about 7, fixed myself a Marcy McMuffin then went grocery shopping. My best friend and my niece were texting me the entire time I was shopping so it seemed to take me forever to get done at the grocery store. I got some sympathy cards and get well cards written up and mailed then spent some money online. I ordered both of us some new shoes, got a supply of forever stamps since they go up 5 cents a piece very soon and ordered some Valentine’s cards to send out to the family. After Marty heads to DIA I will probably review the constellation book and just watch some movies today.

Take care.
Marcy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Nirdis!! HI everyone.

Checking in to say hello and give you my take on the storm. Basically is wasn't that bad, more freezing rain with 5 inches of snow, we were due 18 inches so I am totally relieved!!

Not much new around here, we had a fire all day and John made soup! we will be eating it in moments. Chris leaves tomorrow on his trek across the USA.. Mike got the porta crib and crib I bought for their nursery, I also bought a car seat but turns out it's not the one she wanted so I am crossing my fingers that the Amazon vendor will cancel the order, I missed the 30 minute cancel, but I did cancel within an hour.. hoping for a good outcome!

Attaching pix of the soup and husbster made bread too!

I will check back in tomorrow morning to see how everyone is doing, I just wanted to give a shoutout to you guys and sending good thoughts to everyone. :) stay warm.

Bread maker.jpg collards.jpg ham.jpg greenpeppper.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning lovelies

Good luck for your endo appt today @missy , I hope the weather cooperates and you get there with no problems. I’ll be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed that it goes well, and hopefully you get some constructive news.

Yum to soup @Tekate the perfect antidote for cold and dismal days. Good luck to Chris setting off on his adventure, don’t worry, he’ll be fine, I’m sure you’ve prepared him well for whatever life brings.

I hope you’re enjoying your time in SC @junebug17 and that the weather is behaving for you.

Did you manage a relaxing day @marcy? Hope your head is all better now and you’re not getting any more effects of your recent knock.

Hi @Scandinavian, I don’t think I’d chose a coloured kitchen unit as I think they date, whereas white or cream remains classic forever. The 2 tone look is very of the moment, and again, in my opinion, will begin to look dated very quickly. My favourite is the last one, White with the white and grey tops. Hope you don’t mind my commenting =)2

Glad to hear your Mum is doing well @Calliecake , I’m afraid there’s no known cure for stubbornness :roll2: I worked at the surgery for about 14 years, then I left with the proviso that I’d help out when needed, for holiday or sickness cover, which I did until last year, when they sold the practice.

Hi @Jimmianne - has your bodyclock reset itself yet?

You know, I often wonder why all these conferences on climate change necessitate the participants travelling vast distances, when as you say @AV_ technology allows for conference calls, ironic eh?

Didn’t do anything exciting this weekend, just more of the same, getting everything ready for the trip, washing, ironing, cleaning, apart from the things I can’t do until after we’ve dropped Dottie off, and last minute (cleaning the kitchen).

Need to make a quick trip to Costco today, that’s it really.

Stay safe and warm :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good "morning" from Scandinavia!

Thank you so much to all of you for your thoughts on the kitchen images! I love your comments, because it is so much easier to know what I think when I read your comments in my head, LOL. Much easier to know my own taste with a bit of resistance!!

Been to the gym this morning, need to work off a few Christmas kilos. How easily they pack on!! 10 days of eating until your stomach hurts, why of why does that make my clothes shrink…??

Have to run now, work to do, but just wanted to wish you all a good Monday, and @missy, good luck at the doctor!!!

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon girls. I’m pretty tired so will try coming back later and respond to individual posts. I just wanted to say I saw the endocrinologist this morning and he doubled my meds. He said (I actually have known this for the last year but glad he’s caught uo lol) my adrenals are overworking to compensate for my low thyroid function and because of all of this I have autonomic nervous system dysfunction. So we are hoping I can tolerate the increase in dose and absorb it and that it will be sufficient to allow my adrenals to rest. If ones adrenals are overworking long enough they will begin to fail. Thyroid and adrenal system work together and when one fails the other tries to compensate but after time it also will fail as one cannot be in overdrive forever and maintain equilibrium. Hope that makes sense.

Leaving you with a few cute photos to cheer this post up. Hope you enjoy and hope everyone is staying warm and having a nice Monday.

From our kitty adventure yesterday. All of them yesterday were so delicious and sweet and honestly I would be thrilled to adopt any of the cats from yesterday. The little one to the left (or below the other not sure how it’s going to look when I post as I’m on my phone) is blind. He lost both eyes to infection from living on the streets. Poor baby.

787A6F3C-B548-4E53-9EF7-1F9AF056008A.jpeg D818BC97-5DFD-4357-8171-397B4723123D.jpeg

And speaking of babies here’s sweet Francesca. Awwww. And greg altered the long hair Stevie yesterday and it’s not bad.
9F3DD69C-D285-4E6F-A135-7F40D880B449.jpeg
B7C47182-44C6-4EBD-A8A7-46CCEC6B66B9.jpeg

And back (I’m cutting it as it’s way too long)

E89D934D-3E3A-47AC-833D-D79CC534171C.jpeg

2CD160AD-21D2-4AB1-8E74-BC4899602362.jpeg

Ok I’ll try to return later and hope everyone is well. @Sandeek hoping your Monday is going very smoothly. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 so happy you are enjoying a relaxing and peaceful time at the beach house. Hope you got some good shopping in too.:appl:Thanks for all your good wishes. (((Hugs))).

@marcy yes ice is not nice.::) Fortunately despite the freezing windchills today there was not much ice to contend with at all. Sounds like you accomplished a lot this past weekend and hope Marty had a safe trip. Texting while shopping does extend the time shopping lol. I have been guilty of that myself.:cheeky: I am enjoying the new book of short stories and I agree that I dont like when a story leaves us hanging. Glad you got some new shoes. I ordered new boots (hello Olang and thank you @canuk-gal !). Red snow boots good for ice. Cannot wait till it arrives. Hope you enjoyed the constellation and the movies. Hope work is going well for you today. Thanks for the good luck wishes. XO.

@Tekate yummmm that looks so good. Soup and bread. My two favorite foods. Hope you had a cozy wonderful weekend and safe travels to Chris. And what great gifts you brought for the baby! Hope you are having a good Monday. (((Hugs))). And thank you for the wonderful photos.

@Austina sounds like a lovely weekend. Hope Costco today was a successful trip and you got everything you need. Less than 3 days woohoo. Hope you are staying warm and cozy. Thank you for the good wishes. (((hugs))).

@Scandinavian yay glad it was helpful. I do find that just verbalizing one's thoughts and feelings is helpful. Thanks for all the lovely comments and hugs to you and your family. Furry members included. What are your temps like lately? Curious how it compares to the temps we are experiencing here. Windchills taken into account since that is the real feel. (((Hugs))).

@Sandeek hope all is proceeding smoothly and you are feeling good. XO.

@AV_ how is your week going? Hope all is well. ((Hugs)).

@canuk-gal I finally ordered the red Olang boots. Excited for them to arrive. Hope you are well and staying warm and comfy cozy. Thinking of you.

OK off to spend time with my DH. Have a lovely rest of the day girls!

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 3.49.54 PM.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I hope you tolerate the new medication levels. It’s disheartening to be reliant on meds and Drs. I know... Thinking of you. Sending healthy vibes that they work and you feel well! Love Love Love that long hairstyle on you!

Hi to all the NIRDIs. I am doing better finally. =)2 Starting to feel like myself. I am still on antibiotics (everything is slowly improving) and keeping very busy with work. Stay warm all! :kiss2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I hope you tolerate the increased meds well and you start seeing some improvement soon. Love the wig on you! Very natural and flattering. Looks terrific, and your new glasses look great too. Aw, such sweet kitties :love:, I can see why you were tempted to take them home. And of course HRH looks as beautiful as ever!

@marcy, I have a terrible time making decorating decisions...and then I always second-guess myself afterwards. I love online shopping - you feel like you accomplished something and you didn't even have to leave the house lol. Sorry to hear you were feeling a little dizzy yesterday. Any dizziness today?

@Tekate, thinking of Chris today and wishing him well as he starts his adventure. Soup and bread sound so good, the perfect meal for cold weather. I love your kitchen! Your countertops are beautiful.

@Sandeek, so happy you're doing better! I hope you feel better with each passing day. Thanks for the update, been thinking about you - and take good care (((hugs)))

@Austina, sounds like you are working hard to get ready for the trip; it will be wonderful once you're on your way, with nothing to do but relax!

@Scandinavian, you're not alone, I managed to put on some weight during the holidays myself. Hopefully some trips to the gym and some sensible eating will help me lose them...although I notice it's getting harder the older I get. Grrr

We're back in NJ...and freezing lol! Not that it was balmy in SC...37 degrees, which is very cold for that area. Better than 15 though! Dh, Zoe, and I are wiped out from the trip for some reason so it will be an early night here.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minus 17 C here now, so about 1 F (?) and some wind, but don’t know the “real” temperature, guess the wind is about 9m/s? So yes. FREEZING ! Got to run, F is getting her teeth cleaned today!

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 aww sorry you are back home in NJ where the weather is less than cozy and comfy but glad you are back safely and enjoyed a wonderful long weekend away. It's nice to get away to your home away from home. I think it's the perfect kind of travel (at least for me at this stage) and I enjoy the creature comforts of our home away from home. Thank you for the lovely comments and good wishes. And from my furry babies to yours sending lots of purrs and furry hugs to you and sweet Zoe.

@Sandeek as you know I am so thrilled for your happy update and we are all continuing to keep you in our thoughts and prayers and continued healing vibes and hugs your way. Thank you for your good wishes and the hair compliments. Haha I can be a new person every day for 2 weeks at this point with all my "alternative" hair. :cheeky: (((Hugs))) and enjoy the short work week!

@Tekate how goeth your week girl? Enjoying that delicious bread and soup I hope. How is Chris's journey going? The baby will be here soon before you know it. So exciting.:appl:Sending you warm hugs and love.

@Scandinavian that's cold. Stay warm, bundle up and good luck to F with her teeth cleaning today. (((Hugs))).

@AV_ anything new going on with you this week? How's your writing going? Enjoying your new iPad? Just saying hey and hoping all is well with you.

@marcy did you see the "super blood wolf moon" the other night? I caught some photos of it and wow.

Yesterday went super fast and today I am hoping is a more relaxing day though I have my eye on tackling another closet but we shall see. I feel good about accomplishing what I have so far and don't want to let the momentum slow but not sure if I am up for it today. I do need to straighten up the home a bit though so will at least take that project on today. I am enjoying coffee in bed surrounded by the fur babies and my dh so life is good at the moment. Sad that Greg is heading to work in a bit though. It's always so nice to have him home with me.

It's another cold day here and hope everyone stays warm and comfortable today. To that end sending you warm (((hugs))). And leaving you with another MLK Jr meme that is near and dear to our hearts.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 8.22.46 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh and this is the sweetest photo...I want to share it with you lovely ladies.

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 8.25.30 AM.png

:kiss2:

Oh and @Jimmianne thinking of your sweet little dog and hoping he is doing well. Sending you and him (((HUGS))) and lots and lots of good thoughts.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek Happy to hear good news from you!

@missy I keep killing tablets & buying new ones & killing those too. It is a sort of fun by now...
You look spectacular!

@Scandinavian I might add this to what has been said about kitchens: I would rather have a pantry than much cabinet space; ours was as large as the kitchen with an entry to the cellar. A painted china cabinet was the only cabinet & one of a few interestingly coloured pieces of painted furniture in an otherwise off-white kitchen. (not exactly common, but I'd live this way again given half a chance)

@Austina (of meetings) More than once I found myself telling or being told 'I'll write the rest' - so conversation does not turn into reciprocal lecturing (horror!). I have never been to a useful conference yet. It is nice to see whom you are writing at at least once & just about any other way to do it is nicer.

-

I keep reading everyone's posts at the end of the day, way past the time when I can actually write anything anymore. Forshame...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F is well but very sleepy and feeling very sorry for herself. She doesn’t like going to the vet. Still cold but a little better. Love your pictures @missy That elephant is adorable!! And any MLK quotes are good ones in my book! How are you feeling on the increased med dosage?
Oh, and did you get any wigs with bangs?

@AV_ yes (!) to a pantry but not sure if we are able to fit one in... maybe in the washing room, perhaps we could split it in two... :Up_to_something:

The two-legged children have a skiing competition later today, so I need to get some work done first... :eek2:

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ haha another thing we have in common. I’m quite adept at “killing”things too. As in breaking electronics and causing technology to go haywire when I’m around :lol: Glad you’re enjoying the process however and that’s the important thing. Enjoying the journey. :halo: XOXO. Thank you for such a lovely compliment. Oh and I agree a pantry is critical. I need both sufficient cabinet space and a large pantry. In an ideal world. And no stress regarding reading and responding. In due time and within your comfort level. This is a fun thread and we all share as we want on our time. Absolutely no pressure or stress. (((Hugs))).

@Scandinavian glad the dental work went well and hope F is feeling better soon. Haha tell her the pity party is over now. That’s what I do when I start feeling sorry for myself:cheeky: sending her hugs.

Unfortunately I just found out I made a mistake by asking my endocrinologist to order the new rx via my online pharmacy. I found out today they are going to take 2 weeks to process it since it’s new for them as I don’t generally use them. So it will be 2 weeks until I can start the new dose for fear of running out of what I do have so I’ll keep you posted. Everything takes so long.

As for bangs all of my alternative hair so far has bangs. I’m side sweeping them though for now until I decide which pieces I want proper bangs cut into. I guess I have a small head and forehead as all of the bangs are too long on me hence the side sweeping. But they all do have bangs. Please let me know which hair you think would look best with bangs vs side swept bangs. If you go through the last number of pages I think I’ve shared most of my alternative hair with you girls.

Good luck with your children’s skiing competition. Hope they both enjoy and of course hope they win. But mos importantly hope they have fun and hope you enjoy watching the excel. Hugs.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@NIRDIs Hi everyone!!!

@missy well, I hope your increasing the medication(s) helps Missy, you keep me(us) informed. I did a little reading last night about the effects of the overload and it's your symptoms for sure.. Let's cross our fingers this works. ((((MISSY)))) did I tell you I LOVE LOVE your pictures, I love all the wigs, it's like a different Missy but the same Missy.. I love it.. I mean I feel bad that you feel you have to wear a wig, but girl you wear them!!! and they are beautiful. Did you pick a dress for the gala event? Cold in the city? COLD here in Maine.. freezing, I think today is the first day we have been in the 20s for 3 days! soup was great! bread perfect.. I do have a wonderful hubster! like you.. like all of us who have made it here, I would rather be not married and happy with myself that to be married to my first husband.. and it's hard to keep a relationship long term.. we all change. :) aww the picture of the ostrich and the elephant is wonderful, wouldnt it be nice if all humans could do that? :)

@Sandeek so wonderful to hear from you and your information.. so glad to read, you have to stop in once and a while and and keep us apprised of how your healing is going! very very happy to read your words Sandeek.

@Scandinavian I am in total agreement with @AV_ I would much rather have a pantry than more cabinets - with one caveat - if it's a second home it may not be as important. I've had homes with wonderful, mediocre, no pantry and I like the wonderful best, this house has a mediocre one, but like I said to the husband guy 'it's better than none' :)

@junebug17 welcome back to the Atlantic state! June thank you so much and @missy and @Austina for your very kind words and thoughts about my 27 year old baby! he's done one leg of the journey, made it to Terre Haute, IN last night, he hopes to make it to Alexandria VA tonite to stay with his uncle and aunt! we shall see. He is so happy.. it's nice to hear your kid's voice when they are really happy (yes I know he's an adult kid, but I do hear the 10 yr old in his voice sometimes).. you rest up because you guys are due for rain I think? and glad everything went well June on the flite and June, I gained weight this holiday too - a bit and now I have a year to lose it! :)

@Austina I covet your excitement on this trip Austina.. it's going to be marvelous and brilliant! and WARM. I so enjoy cruising... I so enjoy Austin, basically I want to be attached to your suitcases and go with you.. :) have so much fun! eat and enjoy, the areas you are visiting are just so beautiful Austina.. have a great trip.. stop in if you can and let us know how you are doing and a pix or 2 if you can..

@AV_ I'm so glad you have joined the NIRDI's and I think we all know sometimes it's hard to write and sometimes we all fall off for a while, that darned thing 'LIFE' get's in the way of just lazing around. I enjoy your insight, your knowledge and your humor. (((AV)))

@marcy Hola Marcy! how are you feeling? I hope you are continuing to feel better.. did you see the moon? I saw it only in that my bedroom lit up like 4th of July almost, I really like a dark room and that wasn't happening and actually last night was pretty bright too. Marcy, hope you are feeling okay! how's the decorating going? (((MARCY)))

@canuk-gal Hi sharon! hope all is great up north, we here in southern Maine ended up with 7 inches of snow and ice.. but all in all school wasn't even cancelled! watched movies all day Sunday.. it was heaven.. (((SHARON)))

I hope everyone is have a good week.. sending good happy vibes to you all.

Kate

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great News @Sandeek!!! Sending lots of dust and good wishes your way. Such happy news that you are starting to feel like yourself again.

@missy, Do you find the wigs with bangs look more natural? You are lucky because all the styles you have posted all look great on you. I hope to find a style and color I love and plan on getting a human hair wig once I figure out what I like best on me. It would probably be helpful if I put the synthetic one I bought on my head instead of looking at it on the wig stand LOL. I hope you are staying warm. We are having freezing mist here today. We were planning on going out for dinner but now it looks like we will just stay in. Driving in ice is not fun.

@junebug17 , You picked a perfect time to be in SC. Walking on a beach and enjoying warmer weather sounds perfect right about now. We are having freezing mist today. My husband was going to run an errand and came right back in the house saying our driveway was a sheet of ice. I hope you are having a great time. I feel the same way about decorating. I LOVED it when I was younger. Now I worry about making a mistake.

@Tekate , How are you? How is Chris doing?

Marcy, Did you see the blood moon ? We only got about 5 inches of snow over the weekend. Hope your head is feeling better now and you had a good day at work today.

@Austina, Sounds like you are ready for your trip. I hope you have a wonderful time.

@Scandinavian , I hope F is feeling better. I hear you on the extra pounds. Unfortunately the older you get the harder it is to get the pounds off. I’m afraid to get on the scale. I’m trying to watch what I eat for a good week before jumping on the scale. You will probably hear my screams when I get on the scale.

@Jimmianne and @av I hope you are doing well.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s great to hear some positive news from you @Sandeek, I hope you continue to improve every day.

How did the munchkins do @Scandinavian ? I tried skiing in Canada, and spent more time sliding on my back and falling off the ski lift, than I did upright :lol: hope poochy is recovering well.

Awww, poor little blind kitty :(2 hopefully he’ll get a new home soon @missy. I love how natural the wigs look, the different colour shadings really look good. I’m sorry the pharmacy can’t get your meds quickly, do you have to increase the dosage immediately, or can you gradually increase them till you’re used to the dose?

Glad you got home safely @junebug17 I hope your early night gave you a good sleep and you woke up rested today.

Good news that Chris made his first leg of the journey successfully @Tekate I’m sure you’ll hear later that he’s safely in VA. I enjoy the being there, just not the getting there, and all that goes before. :lol: Internet permitting, I’ll be checking in regularly.

Thanks @Calliecake we will certainly be doing everything we can to enjoy the cruise and visit to Austin. Can’t wait to see the ring in person, and get a wedding update. Looks like it’ll be April 2020.

Did you get any news on your furniture @marcy, hopefully soon?

Went to Pilates this morning, then cleaned all the kitchen. It’s been snowing here :eek2: We really don’t need that, I’ve got a long drive tomorrow to take Dottie to Anne, just keeping everything crossed it doesn’t freeze.

If I don’t get a chance to check in tomorrow, I’ll catch you on the other side

Big wave to all the NIRDIS, stay safe and warm :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Kate, I can smell homemade bread from here. I’ll got butter ready! Good deal you getting get much snow as expected. We got 2’ but with our wind there are bare spots and 15 inch drifts. I hope one blows in behind the spot I back out of the garage so I can say “sorry I can’t come to work”. Amazon will work with you on the car seat; I’ve never had any trouble with cancelling or returning things. i am feeling okay but have a headache and a little dizzy today. Our winds are horrible right now which always give me a sinus headache. I did see the moon and eclipse. It was fabulous. Glad you got to see some of it.

Austina, I took today off and didn’t do much. I can’t stand to just set still though. I made cookies, washed and changed the table cloth and wrote an article for the newspaper on Orion. I have a headache and I am a little dizzy. Could be my sinuses or the fight a cabinet. You are busy getting ready for your trip. What is ironing? Ha Ha. Safe travels.

Scandi, darn those pesky clothes shrinking over the Christmas holidays. Must be the cold weather. It felt like 4 degrees F here at noon today; I don’t know what it is now. Stupid cold and wind. How did the 2 legged children do in the skiing competition?

Missy, I hope the increased medicine helps. That is kind of rotten you can’t get the medicine for a few weeks. Love the pictures of the kitties and of you in your pretty wig and of course HRH. Nice sunglasses too. We’ve got bitter windchills here too. I saw where Niagara Falls was freezing too. Red snow boots will be great in the snow. I can’t wait to see them. Nice that you are enjoying the short stories. I did watch the lunar eclipse the other night and got a few shots of it with my “big” point and shoot camera. Darn that Greg had to go back to work. I was kind of whining at Marty being in LA that I missed him because I got used to him being home all the time. I would have both kind of bangs; I like either style on you.

Sandeek, I am delighted to hear you are doing better. Woo hoo!

Junebug, Marty and I both are pretty quick at making decisions. There is usually one or two things we say no on - but always find something in the middle. I think our lack of patience is the prime contributor on that. I am still dizzy today. We are having really high winds here so I don’t know if it is sinuses (since I have a bad headache) or the old knock on the noggin. What a shock to return to cold weather. I hope you and Zoe snuggled up under a blanket.

AV, reading As the NIRDI’s turn is a great bedtime story. I am with you and Missy - a pantry is a must. We had a way larger one at our last house and I miss it. We don’t really have one here - just a pantry like cupboard but it isn’t very roomy.

Callie, good idea to stay in rather than venture out in freezing ice. Stay safe and warm. That was my primary motivator to take today ice; I didn’t relish walking around on ice or driving in it either. Good luck finding a wig style you like. I did see the blood moon. It was a pretty eclipse. We got about 2” of snow but with the wind we got really high drifts. Did you pick out a new car yet?

I played hooky today. I can’t have more than 240 hours of vacation or I loose what I accumulate so since I was at 228 hours I decided I’d stay home. I tried to sleep in but the snow plow on the greenway out my bedroom window woke me up. Then an employee sent me a text at 7 saying she wasn’t coming in. She lives 35 miles out and I don’t blame her for staying home on an icy, snowy, windy day.

I wrote an article for the newspaper. They inquired if the astronomy club would be interested in submitting one once a month. I wrote it on Orion. I had a friend proof it for me and then sent it in.

The same friend brought us tacos for supper and then we are going to play cards. I made a batch of death cookies and packed up a baggie for her to take home. She said she’d leave them in her car so her kids or husband won’t find them. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia!

Darling furbaby F is doing much better today. She was so sleepy and a bit grumpy yesterday, poor thing. Just wanted to sleep on the sofa with me, lol, not so easy to work that way so I basically gave up on work after a while and focused on a couple of conference calls.

Skiing competition was good (cross country skiing), the children were happy with their efforts and I survived. LOL. Was a bit cold but I sure got warm from jogging around the track. The children prefer that I huff and puff around so I can meet them and join them for the worst parts of the track, like steep “hills”. And not really so easy to do on ski, because the tracks are rather narrow and do don’t want to be in the way for any of the children. So I run. A lot. LOL. Should have worn less wool.

Today, half day meeting to start the day off, and now reading my favourite newspaper, the NIRDI file! And drinking coffee. Lots.

@missy, I have a feeling that I have seen you in a hairstyle with “short” bangs from when you were younger..? That is why I asked about the wigs. I really do think a little dark and a lot of (nice) volume combined with some nice bangs might be worth a try. Let me look… Found it! It is the first of the doggie pictures you posted on IG on November 26, 2017. Wish I could have hair like that without looking like a baby-doll.

@marcy, I think you are on to something re the clothes! The wind has blown them small! I think it is an arctic wind centre going south to torture us. Oh and whilst I would love to taste your cookies, PLEASE DON’T SPEAK OF COOKIES IN JANUARY! THAT IS JUST EVIL OF YOU!!!!!!

LOL.

Would be fun to see what happens if you took out all your hours at once. The article sounds like a really good idea!

@Austina, I’m still so impressed that you do pilates. I’m have enough trouble picking up my shoes, lol. And now I think I might actually have overstrained my leg muscle, how is that even possible?? I sure must work out more. Or less. And then more… My best to Dottie (pictures please..) and hope she will have a good vacation too!

@callicake, I know re weight. Argh! I will never eat again. After lunch that is. And before dinner. Hm… But at least. I’ll never wait that long before going on the scale again. Should have cut Christmas short. LOL. Careful on the ice, slipping with the car is not fun.

@Tekate, re kitchen. That is just it. It is a cabin, and not a house, so I will probably not store so much there. So I care much more what it looks like than if it is practical. LOL. Sorry but not sorry. And no plans to grow up any time soon… Hope your “baby” is doing okay, and his mama too!

Have a great day y'all! (Been reading "Whiskey in a Teacup" by Reese Witherspoon, too good! Recommend!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results