carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 yes thank you Junie. Greg easily fixed (thankful something is easy lol) the cat door and it is back working well fingers crossed. We have one fat cat omg that is eating lots and it warms my heart to see him enjoying the food. I love these ferals so darn much and I know it's crazy but I really do and it breaks my heart knowing some of them just won't last the winter with this brutal weather we are having. I still think of our original ferals and how they are gone and how they didn't get to live a full life. The life of a feral is not easy and it is short no matter how much we do there is no way they will live as long as a domestic cat. :blackeye:

Sounds like you are enjoying a lovely and peaceful weekend with dh. Watching golf and going out to eat and visiting with your DS. Glad he stayed overnight and hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

@Sandeek oh my goodness so sorry about the classroom flooding and hope that gets resolved soon. I am thrilled that you are feeling so much better and well on your way to a complete recovery. I wish I could hug you in person but for now virtual hugs it is. Have a fun and happy Sunday! Today is a warmer day so I hope you get to go out and enjoy. Thinking of you always and sending continued healing vibes your way!!!

@Tekate thanks for the advice re the paint colors. I love poolside too and when the samples arrive I should know more. So you don't think adding a turquoise door is too much for the house? Sorry about your basement leak Kate, oh no :knockout:. I hope you can easily fix it. Nothing yet on our end. The carpenter guy Keith is coming by the beach house Monday to evaluate it. Greg tarped the roof though again on Friday so he will have to untarp it and see what is going on but as you know it is not always a simple diagnosis. Haha what with some of us is lol. And sending you big (((hugs))). We are also getting snow here Tuesday Kate. And then super low temps again on Thursday Brrrr. But I feel very warm and loved by all your hugs and well wishes and sending you more hugs and well wishes too. And please hug dear pup from me too. Stay warm and have fun girl!

@AV_ hope you enjoyed a lovely evening and dinner with colleagues and glad you got some fun reading in that has nothing to do with work. I so love reading and have allowed myself to be distracted with other activities and am looking forward to reading for enjoyment in earnest now. There is nothing quite as wonderful as getting lost in a good book.

@Austina oh love Key West...hope you are enjoying it all. And hoping you have amazing weather during your entire trip. It's got to beat our winter here that's for sure. I can just see you now. Soaking up the sun, wearing a big hat and enjoying the sights and sounds of Key West. The homes are so pretty there. Cannot wait to hear all about it.:love: Thanks for the wig love. I rather like that one too because it is the most comfy of all of them. I have one other platinum wig that I like too that I already shared with you girls. So now I can be platinum whenever I want to. And I do get what you mean. Easy peasy and casual and not over styled. That is my style. I choose comfort and ease over all else. I think many of us do as we get older we realize that is the best path. Though that was always my way anyway. Maybe I am just lazy.:P2

@marcy sounds like a wonderful Friday and Saturday so far. Sleeping in, working on your book and newsletter, making yummy soup and having enough leftovers for a few lunches as well. And cleaning up and getting rid of the outdated spices. Glad you enjoyed the movie too. I hate driving in the dark too and glad the days are getting noticeably longer now. It's still sort of light at 5PM. Thanks for recommending the Poolside so that is 2 votes for Poolside. It's a pretty color. I thought you would enjoy that bugs bunny meme haha.

@Jimmianne sorry your DD is getting wedding jitters. Funny I had none and in fact the owner of the place we got married and had the reception remarked at that time I was the calmest bride he had ever seen. But LOL that's probably because I had the year of engagement to allow myself to agonize over getting married and finally knew it was the right decision for me. But it took a number of months to get there. Hopefully your DD will calm down soon and have more fun with it. GL with your visa. Hope your elderly dog is doing well.

Yesterday morning Greg was able to stand all my OTK boots up with his ingenious idea of ordering extra long pool noodles and cutting them and thinning them and voila. All my boots stand up now woohoo. Photos to illustrate in case anyone else wants to do this. It's amazing and really helps organize my boot collection. Next we do the beach boots when we go to the beach house.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.56.32 AM.png

Cutting the noodles so they fit into the boot length wise and hold them straight up.
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.56.49 AM.png

Thinning the bottoms of the noodles so they dont stretch out the boots ankles.
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.56.56 AM.png

Here they are after being cut and thinned and all ready to be put into my boots.
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.56.40 AM.png

Hard to see them in the closet but here they are. Standing at attention waiting for my decision which to wear. ;-)
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.57.12 AM.png

and I forgot to show you how I organized some of my shoes. Still a work in progress.
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.57.23 AM.png

See how well they stand up with those noodles in them? Success!
Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 6.57.31 AM.png

I also got new alternative hair the other day. Brunette. I am having fun playing with all these pieces lol. And Greg altered another for me too. Waiting for one more alternative hair from Europe that is the same style as the "Marilyn" one (thanks @Scandinavian as I am adopting what you called it and now calling it that haha) but in Brunette. That might take another 2 weeks to get here but when it does I will share it with you ladies if you like.

We had a wonderful day yesterday and are heading into the city for a play and dinner with our friends from out of town. Looking forward to it very much. :appl:
Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday!:wavey:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 8.49.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 8.49.52 AM.png
    587.7 KB · Views: 16

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, we were posting at the same time last night. I am glad you are feeling stronger and more energetic from exercise. We watched the golf game yesterday too. I think next weekend is Pebble Beach. Ooh pretty.

Jimmianne, good luck with your Visa application.

Missy, glad to hear Greg fixed the door okay. Fabulous idea on the noodles to stand up your boots. Very clever. Your shoes are way more organized than ours. Marty puts them on the high shelfs in our closet because I sure can’t reach them. I have a shoe rack. Enjoy dinner and the play today with your friends.

I found our furnace hadn’t been running this morning. Oh oh. Naturally it’s a Sunday. Tomorrow is going to be really cold too. Bummer. Glad Marty is in town.

I slept until almost 8 this morning. What a treat.

Take care.
Marcy

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Key West is as pretty as I remembered it. We did a Conch Train tour which pointed out the different house style, and those of significant historical interest.

Sadly, the weather’s not great :(2 cloudy grey skies, windy and cool. It can only get better right?

Oh no to the furnace being on the fritz @marcy, hope Marty can sort it out so that you’re not left shivering. Glad you enjoyed First Man, we did too. I watched The Catcher was a Spy, on the plane, which I think you would enjoy too.

That’s an absolutely brilliant idea to use the noodles as boot supports, Greg is really inventive, slap a patent on it quick smart! :D I like both colours, but I’m sure when the larger samples arrive, you’ll know instantly. Ugh to the ongoing roof saga, I hope you can figure out the problem without the need for a new roof. Have fun with your friends. Sadly the show started yesterday, so we didn’t get time to stop by, but I saw some of the fabulous pieces on Graces IG page.

Good luck with your visa application @Jimmianne - that’ll be us soon too! Oh oh to wedding jitters, I hope your DD is feeling calmer now.

Hope all the NIRDIS are having a good weekend, we set sail for Honduras later, let’s hope the weather starts improving :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, the tour of houses sounds interesting. Marty checked everything out and changed our furnace filter then came upstairs and said you know being a HVAC guy is not one of my skill sets. We called in someone and he cleaned a sensor and now it's working. The amusing thing is only a cold person like me would notice a 4 point difference in temperature. It's going to feel like -4 tonight so I am glad I noticed it now rather than not until we went to bed. I will watch for that other movie.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jimmianne Hi Jimmie... Where to you board your pets? Do you plan to live in France for 1/2 the year or more? (whoohooo can't wait to visit! ;-) ) I'm reading Stephen King's latest book - The Outsider - it's okay, some of his books are fantastic but the older he's gotten (and he's my age) the more jaded his books became, used to hopeful, upbeat and happy at times, now they are all about alcoholics, death, doom and maybe one guy lives.. I tweeted him that btw! (of course he never reads his tweets).. How is your daughter doing? when you say jitters is it jitters about her dress, place or the guy? maybe nosey, if so, ignore!

@missy Sorry sweetie re: not saying if I liked the additional new color, I love the idea of the new color thrown in.. I think it will go very well Missy with the rest of the house. I am like you, not too many colors, too crazy, I even get miffed if there is a brigher shade of one color somewhere, but I'm getting better. I like this new color 1) you are right on top of the ocean! it's so beautiful and the aqua/blue/whateveryouchoose is spectacular and 2) the 2 you have picked now look wonderful with your house colors/stone outside. I think it will look really good Missy, but as we alway say: 'do you love it?' :) how was your visit.. sometimes I start to write replies b4 reading the whole thread so you may have answered that already above, sorry if so! xoxoxoxooxo to you and Greg, and your furkids!!! Missy you do embolden the term 'heart of gold'.. you do! hugs to you. Oh and I am going to MAKE you give me Greg for a few months, he's magic! what a keen cool idea for your boots.. brilliant! I LOVE LOVE how you have organized Missy.. really looks great, I organized my baby teeny weeny pantry this morning, and I found Halloween candy! ha! now what to do with M&Ms and Twixes??? hmm xoxoxo

@marcy Hey! glad you slept to 8:00 am me too! a rarity for me.. speaks to me that you are healing Marcy! getting back to work on your work for the astronomy group is a great thing too!!! hugs to you dear lady! and sending good vibes to your heater, that is always a pain when it's cold, in Austin it was the A/C, if it was out you knew it! hope it goes okay Marcy :)

@AV_ sending a huge hug and HI!

@Austina ahh Key West, I'll take a cloudy day in Key West over 20 degrees in Maine... Conch train ride sounded interesting. I love all the colors of homes in Key West Austina. Azure sea, the Carribbean is so beautiful.. Can't wait to read more when you get another free moment to get on the ship internet and jot down some new activities.. one thing I really enjoy about cruising is eating lunch and dinner with different people.. meeting people from everywhere is fun and interesting and I wish everyone had that chance because the world would be a better place I thnk. Happy sailing and i'm so happy for you :mrgreen::mrgreen2: j/k I'm not green with envy just happy for you!!

hope everyone has had a great Sunday!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sandeek , Sending lots of dust your way. Keeping you in my thoughts and pray things go smoothly for you.

@ Missy, Wow, Who would have thought to get noodles for your boots? Great fix from Greg. If Greg isn’t worried about the roof, it’s all good, don’t stress about it. I like this style of the wig because of the style looks so natural. It looks so soft, pretty and feminine on you. Painting a door is easy to fix if you like don’t like a color you choose. I think once the larger paint samples arrive you will know what to go with. If not, look at them for a few days and see how you feel. I hope you have a great time today.

@Austina , So glad you are enjoying your vacation. Hopefully the weather will get nicer.

@junebug17 , It sounds like you are having a nice relaxing weekend. Glad were able to spend time with your son. Three pounds isn’t bad and it may be from exercising. Muscle weighs more and it doesn’t jiggle. I know I’ve ventured over the 5 pound mark because nothing is fitting. I have to start a dress search and I’m dreading it. Should probably just quit eating entirely so I can shop in my closets.

@Jimmianne , I hope your daughter is feeling calmer now. Does the visa mean you will no longer be going back and forth between the two homes and living only in France? Your new jewelry is beautiful.

Marcy, Oh no on the furnace acting up. Glad you have it working now. We are having a real cold spell here that is supposed last this week. The weather has been awful here the past few days. There were flurries when I went out yesterday, 3 hours later we had 3 inches of snow. It’s never fun driving home and seeing cars getting pushed out of ditches. At least we had sunshine today. Beef noodle soup sounds so good.

@Tekate, You can send the M&M’s my way (as I just complained to Junie about my weight). How is your DIL feeling? I just hung up with my pregnant niece. She went to urgent care today afraid she may have the flu. Luckily it’s just a cold. My nieces, SIL and I met to talk about the shower yesterday. We talked about the shower for 10 minutes and talked about everything else for almost 3 hours LOL. We walked out of the restaurant and had an additional 3 inches of snow.

@av , I hope you had a good weekend and all is well with you.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I know you feel so badly for the ferals and I hope you find a little comfort in knowing you are doing what you can for them. Such a great idea of Greg's, the pool noodles work really well with your boots. Hope you had a good time with your friends, a play and dinner sounds wonderful.

@Tekate, sending tons of good thoughts and positive vibes to Chris for his first day of work tomorrow! I'm sure he'll do fine. LOL to him finally breaking down and buying a coat! Your stew sounds yummy and you and dh sound cozy and warm in the midst of the frigid weather. I didn't know you've been on antibiotics all this time...I'm sorry about that, but glad to hear the infection is under control and the meds are working for you.

@marcy, beef soup is the perfect meal for the cold weather! Sounds like you had a productiive weekend and got some things done. It really is good you noticed the furnace wasn't working and you were able to get it fixed. So nice that Marty won't be traveling for a while. did you watch the end of the tournament? Justin Rose was definitely in the zone lol!

@Jimmianne, good luck with the paperwork for your visa. It can be daunting to make such a big move but it sounds like you would be happy spending more time in France. Hope your dd is feeling a bit better about things, wedding planning is notoriously stressful!

@Austina, sorry the weather is less than ideal but I'll take it over what we have here in NJ! The tour sounds like it was fun. Safe travels to Honduras and I'll be hoping the weather gets better for you.

@Calliecake, none of my capris from last summer fit so I definitely need to shed some weight! Try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be able to find something for the shower. Sounds like you had a lovely time getting together with your SIL and nieces. What a relief your niece just has a cold, better than the flu but still not fun and I hope she's over it soon.

Another quiet day here...did laundry and watched golf with dh. DS stopped by to get his car (his friend drove to Baltimore) and stayed for dinner.

Take care all! Xxx

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, it will be interesting to compare notes of the visa processes in USA vs France. The amount of information needed is amazing, they really want to know EVERYTHING, and want things like a birth certificate no older than three months, and you must have travelers health insurance, which was a “not cheap” surprise. So it feels like a bit of a scramble because you can only apply three months before your visit and it takes time for the paperwork to be mailed back and forth. Then you hand over your passport and hope they mail your visa in time for your DD’s wedding : )

Tekate, I think my DD is feeling the strain of making a committment to live in another country. She loves her home and her life her in the States, and has great social support, so this is a huge change.

Missy, the boot noodles are brilliant. So cute that the box says “do not cut” and in the next photo Greg is taking a knife to things. lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Please wake me as I must be dreaming...how did Monday get here so fast?o_O
Thank you all for the lovely noodle comments :lol: and I agree. This is really a great organizational tool and please feel free to use it to your advantage as well.

@junebug17 glad you enjoyed DS's visit and he got to stay a bit and yes to more relaxation and golf and getting chores accomplished. That is what weekends are for...I love the smell of clean laundry. Hope your Monday is off to a good start. Working out and/or Pilates today? I must get motivated today.

@Tekate aww sweetie never need to apologize. This thread moves so fast. I miss things all the time but I hope when I do you girls realize it is an inadvertent miss. I never want to hurt anyone's feelings and miss replying to something/someone. So know that and personally I need no apologies from you or any of the other lovely ladies here. (((HUGS))). The samples should arrive soon and I am excited to see what we think of them in person. Ironic how the paint samples arrive within a few days but meds that are critical take sooooo much longer. Gotta laugh. It beats the alternative.

Hahaha I told Greg you said I need to give him to you for a while and he is fine with that. He likes to be helpful and you are for sure someone I want to help as much as I can.:bigsmile: :halo: You are a dear and a sweetheart and you have a heart of gold sweet Kate. Make that solid platinum.:kiss2:

Nice about organizing your pantry and sweet find of Halloween Candy. I am always good for M&Ms (how could I not love M&Ms) and twix too. And our sweet deli cat's name is Twix so I love all Twixes.

@Sandeek just saying hi and hoping you had a wonderful Sunday and are having a very good Monday. (((Hugs))).

@marcy whew so relieved for you that the furnace was an easy fix. You and me both notice a few degree (make that 1 degree) temp change. You might recall what Greg always says. My comfort zone is b/w 73 and 73.5 degrees F hahaha. Wyoming winters are not a good time for anything to do with heating breaking down no no no. Must have heat. Glad you slept in on Sunday. Sweet. Hope you have a smooth Monday and that no one pulls a work jerk move today.

@Austina safe sailing and glad you had a lovely house tour. I love the homes in Key West. They are so charming and lovely and just my style. Hope the weather improves but as @Tekate wrote I'll take that weather over our current weather any day. We have a storm coming but OMG I feel worse for the poor people in the Midwest...which brings me to

@Calliecake hope you are doing ok and staying nice and warm and ready for the upcoming deep freeze. Again. I think snow is headed both our ways. Fingers crossed it isn't too bad. Hope you enjoyed your weekend and that everyone is well. Hugs to your new furry brother.

@AV_ hope the rest of your weekend was enjoyable and that you are having a good start to your workweek.

@Jimmianne lol I know right. "Ne Pas Couper". We are rebels at heart what can I say.:cheeky: Hope the scramble goes smoothly. Fingers crossed.

We had such a wonderful time with our friends. Why do so many of the friends I feel closest to live so darn far away. Well far away for someone (me) who does not fly at the moment. Sigh. The play was just an added bonus. It was freaking amazing. Greg and my friends did not feel the same about the play but I thought it was wow. So sad. Devastatingly sad. We all cried so tell me how that is not a good play. The whole audience was sniffling. And it was Elaine May's last performance in the play so add that to the mix of wonderful.

I don't get starstruck but there were a number of big time stars in the audience. I am terrible at names but we noticed a few and I am sure there were more. It must have been because it was her last performance. Anyway enough about the play.

Dinner was awesome too and now I have a hangover from being out too late. It's so funny and weird at the same time. When we stay out late even though I do not drink I get a hangover of sorts because we get home late and I need to unwind and end up going to bed and falling asleep much later but not being able to sleep later in the AM. So it's a hangover for me. Doesn't matter because I wouldn't change a thing about yesterday.

Today I must get moving as I am still very sluggishly moving around. Attempting a workout and then continued cleanup if I have the energy. Have a wonderful day girls.

Happy Monday and here's some motivation/inspiration for those of us who want to work out and do all our stretches today.

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 10.03.34 AM.png

:sun:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne I hear you about changing countries. What a jolt!

TBC

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Jimmianne , how many cats are tangled there?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AV_

Ideal_Rock
No such thing as a boring cat!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Kate, you definitely convinced me not to read Stephen King’s latest book. I read every one of them until he did that series where they you just small books and you had to keep buying them. I’ve read one or two on the more recent ones. I would say having the AC quit in really hot weather would be worse than the heater quitting. Before we put AC in our last house we’d go out to our RV and crank on the AC in there. I am sure our power bill went up those months but it was worth it. I was telling Marty that knot on my head has definitely gone down; it’s about 1/2 the size it was. I notice it sleeping since I sleep on my back. i notice subtle symptoms in the morning but they are usually gone by 9. Progress. This thread does move fast; someone will ask me a question and I completely forget to answer it. Worse than that I’ll see a response to someone and I’ll think how did I miss that?

Callie, stay safe and warm! I heard some people have been held up on the street who were wearing nice down coats. That’s heartless. Good point on paint; it is easily fixed. Marty painted the wall behind our TV at our old house a dark green; I hated it. I chuckled when we moved out the lady said that was one of the first things they were going to change.

Junebug, Justin Rose did have a great game. It looked so warm there too. Hot soup does hit the spot in this chilly weather. Glad you had a nice quiet weekend.

Jimmianne, the VISA process sounds like a challenge. Marty got his passport renewal back because you can’t wear glasses in your photo now. Both of our passports 10 years ago have our pictures with glasses. Go figure. That is quite a change for your DD.

Missy, yes dear Missy - Monday arrived (and is basically over) already. Darn. Our furnace quit again today - see below if interested. Right now it’s working and I have the fireplace going. I am glad you had such a nice time with your friends and yes if the play made people cry it’s definitely a good story. Sweet that you saw some “stars.” LOL, that is a limber cat.

The furnace guy said it was a sensor that needed cleaning yesterday. It worked great yesterday and when I walked in tonight I’m like “it’s cold in here”. Marty was in the basement all day which is colder than upstairs anyway so he didn’t notice. It was doing the same thing as yesterday where it kicked on then only ran a minute or two. The guy is on his way back now. It’s only going down to -4 tonight. I have the fireplace going now.

We are having way better weather than Callie’s neck of the woods but it’s pretty miserable here too. Wind, drifts, ice and wind chill but at least we are only getting inches of snow instead of feet. I did venture to work today then watched the clock for 5 pm to roll around. I had an egg, cheese and toast sandwich for supper; I love quick and easy suppers. Marty is lifting so who knows what he’ll eat?

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , I’m watching Jimmy Kimmel and there is a woman with hair that looks exactly like your platinum wig (maybe an inch shorter). It looked great on her too. I’ve never noticed hair so much in my life. I only see one cat in the picture. Am I wrong? I hope this weather we are expecting Wednesday isn’t headed your way.

@marcy , I think all of us can relate to the comment you made about keeping up in this thread LOL. Is your head still sore??? The story about the warm coats being stolen was all over the news here a few days ago. You aren’t kidding that is heartless. In the next few day you could probably die if someone stole your coat. We are in for brutal weather. I hope they get your furnace fixed quickly. I wouldn’t let him leave without getting his cell phone number. Stay warm Marcy.

@Austina , I hope the weather is cooperating and you are having a great time.

@junebug, I hope you had a great day today.

@Jimmianne , It has to feel kind of scary when the reality hits that your life will be in a different country. I hope your daughter is feeling better.

@Tekate , I hope Chris had a great day at his new job. How is his apartment search going? I’m sorry this move has been stressful for you. I will write more tomorrow about what you wrote in the other thread tomorrow. I hope you know I understand how hard what you wrote about is for you.

We had a call tonight at 10:30 PM that my stepdad had just fallen outside and hit his head. The paramedics came and didn’t feel he needed to go the hospital. It is hard dealing with the late at night phone calls when my parents are frantic. We have had snow the past few days and the back roads are awful. I was worried about my elderly mom driving to the hospital at 10:30. If he had to go to the hospital I told her I would meet her there and could tell she didn’t want to drive. At their ages I don’t want them to be alone at the hospital in case something awful happens and they are not always completely honest about what the doctors have told them.

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I am sorry about your stepdad falling. I know this is a time of worry when elderly parents don’t seem able to take care of themselves.
You are at least fortunate that they let you help! Parents!
How is he doing?

I’m with you Pioneer Marcy...that thermostat has to be at the right degree or things are miserable. Does your heating system still work when the temps REALLY drop? Do you have alternate heat? It sounds brutal there.

AV, I think I have an answer to the puzzlecat. There are 10 cats, maybe more:lol-2:
How are you doing? Are things settling down at all??

Missy, funny that you told TeKate that you too have trouble keeping up. Sometimes I read your posts as a synopsis for the thread! You don’t miss a thing.

TeKate, Now you have promised to visit France, I think. And will not forget that!

I have a wonderful young couple who live on the farm and they move into my house when I am away. I understand my DD’s fears. I always said that I wanted to stay long term in France and now that it looks as though I can I am feeling uneasy myself. HAHA being human is so interesting! Like a cat in a puzzle pose, only it is all happening inside your head. OM....:pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Deep Freeze Tuesday.
east%20coast%20psers.gif

@junebug17 hi there, hope you are having a good week and staying warm. XO.

@AV_ you are quite right. There is no such thing as a boring cat. Fascinating beings. Endlessly entertaining. Purrrrrrfectly precious. Mischevious, magnificent and meowilicious.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Hope you are having a good week and that writing is going well.

@Sandeek how are you doing? Staying warm I hope and feeling well. Thinking of you. (((Hugs)))).

@marcy oh no to the furnace quitting again. I hope that the repairman was able to fix it last night. Hope you are staying warm and cozy. Thank goodness for your fireplace in the meantime. Glad the bump on your head has been going down. That was some bump you had on your head. I love easy suppers too and as you know we have something in common there as well because sometimes I have popcorn for dinner
yuminmytum.gif
when I have had a big lunch that day. I love popcorn for dinner. Easy and comforting especially in winter. And I like having my big meal in the afternoon occasionally so it works out. Glad you enjoyed your egg sandwich. Sending you warm vibes and thoughts and hope the heat is working now.

@Calliecake that is awful about people being robbed for their coats. Wow. I missed that story. It is frigid by you. Please stay warm and hopefully stay home and do not venture out. OMG so sorry about your stepdad. How scary. So relieved he did not have to go to the ER. And next time tell your mom if something like that happens to call 911 and get an ambulance there so she does not have to drive to the hospital. You are a good daughter to be willing to meet here there but of course they are our parents and what else could we do? Just glad last night wasn't an emergency situation. You have had your fair share of that recently and glad you got a respite. Hope your step dad is feeling OK this morning. Please tell your mom to stay inside and not venture out. The temps are deadly cold and I am sure it is super icy by you too. Some of your weather is headed our way but not as bad as your weather.

The guy for the roof never showed up yesterday as he promised but I am not surprised. Greg is not frustrated and telling me to not get upset so I am listening to him. I am just glad we have 2 homes. At least it gives us a fighting chance when something goes wrong at one home. Occasionally things go wrong at both homes though and that is not much fun. LOL these issues are manageable. Unlike other issues. So right now no complaints and sorry for the book I am writing. I tend to go on and on and on...:oops2: :lol:
Interesting that you saw someone with a similar hairstyle to my new platinum wig. I showed a photo to my mom and she loves the new wig on me. Funny because I wasn't sure she would since it is such a departure from my "normal" hair. Did you play with your new wig yet? The hardest part is just getting started. Put it on and see how you feel.

@Jimmianne I try! I am sure I miss things but I do try rereading everyone's posts before I post though occasionally I start writing because I am bursting to comment before I read all the posts and then I have to go back and re read and see what I have missed. My reading skills need improvement some days but I do my best. Now I have more pressure if you are using my posts as a guideline so not to miss anything anyone else has written.
1144969br703fi17c.gif

I get how you are feeling...sometimes when we want something (or think we do) so badly and then it starts becoming a reality we may have misgivings and start thinking is this what we really want? I get it. The thing is you don't have to make any permanent decisions right now do you? I would (if you can) take your time and take it all one day at a time and see if you truly want to live in France full time or perhaps keep the farm here with your young couple friend taking charge while you are gone. If they are willing and seems they sure are able. Anyway I think you should take your time with this and see what your heart wants and what makes the most sense for you and your lifestyle as well.

@Tekate hope Chris is enjoying his new job and that he feels at home here. Also glad he finally got a warm coat. That is very necessary for this week. It's cold here.
427842brwiji848d.gif
And I hope you and your dh are staying warm and happy and having a wonderful week.

Speaking of wonderful week I hope everyone is enjoying a lovely last week of January. In a few days it will be February woohoo because that means winter is marching on and each day we are closer to spring. That makes me cheerful.
481876qojaq5ujfk.gif

My Olang boots are due for delivery today...hope they get here today and that brings me to @canuk-gal. Thinking of you dear Sharon and hoping all is well.

I know I am forgetting some stuff but I am still waking up. Have a good morning girls and maybe I will see you later.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes I just remembered what I wanted to ask you girls.
@Calliecake has already weighed in (thanks Callie!) and I am just curious what you all think.

Which glass option for the front door do you like best?

https://www.thermatru.com/explore-doors/decorative-and-specialty-glass/privacy-and-textured-glass/

The choices are:
1.Satin Etch
2. Chord
3. Geometric
4. Chinchilla
5. Rainglass
6. Granite

I have 3 favorites but leaning towards one right now. Please share your thoughts and let me know which you prefer. This is to replace the glass in our main front door. Not the kitchen front door which is the door we are painting and replacing the kitchen storm door in front of that. But this glass is for the main entrance in the center of the house.

Thank you ladies!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes I just remembered what I wanted to ask you girls.
@Calliecake has already weighed in (thanks Callie!) and I am just curious what you all think.

Which glass option for the front door do you like best?

https://www.thermatru.com/explore-doors/decorative-and-specialty-glass/privacy-and-textured-glass/

The choices are:
1.Satin Etch
2. Chord
3. Geometric
4. Chinchilla
5. Rainglass
6. Granite

I have 3 favorites but leaning towards one right now. Please share your thoughts and let me know which you prefer. This is to replace the glass in our main front door. Not the kitchen front door which is the door we are painting and replacing the kitchen storm door in front of that. But this glass is for the main entrance in the center of the house.

Thank you ladies!

Of course I have an opinion about the front door for your castle.
You can guess which one : )
Geometric..to me pretty and goes with the house
These would work
Granite...
Rainglass...

Any cross over with our ideas?
Can’t wait to see what you think, but I know you cannot tell until the “survey” is finished!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course I have an opinion about the front door for your castle.
You can guess which one : )
Geometric..to me pretty and goes with the house
These would work
Granite...
Rainglass...

Any cross over with our ideas?
Can’t wait to see what you think, but I know you cannot tell until the “survey” is finished!

Thanks Jimmianne! Greg and I do not agree on the choice but he is leaving it up to me and that is why I am bringing it here. @Calliecake agrees with me...Callie please don't say your choice now that I wrote that lol until everyone weighs in...I don't want to influence anyone. I would be happy with more than one of these so I am leaning towards going with Greg's choice though I feel the other choice is more "me" if that makes sense. Anyway thank you so much for weighing in! And yes there is some crossover with your choices and mine and Greg's. =)2

AV_

Ideal_Rock
AV, ...
How are you doing? Are things settling down at all??

If anything has ever been settled in my life, I wouldn't know it - except for my work which is my dream country. I sure have known this forever, but, perhaps never as much as now when serious things are starting to be possible - not unlike what you are saying about moving to France!

Funny aside: I really never knew what I wished for as jewelry (here on public record) - and even this is becoming clear. It is just a game, of course (or not).

-

@missy I love the colors you are picking for the door on anything remotely appropriate. (the celadon - aquamarine range)

If Greg wishes for something else, can the door's faces be different? My house in Providence had its front door this way - an ox-blood red outward and a light yellow inward... - they did not look good together even, but matched the respective walls well.

(footnote: the feral cats would kill me on sight here - except one cutie at one of the labs: the only being I see perfectly unafraid in the dark around foggy liquid carbon dioxide tanks, too bold to snarl at people, just tame enough to curl around my feet when I can least handle it, & still untouchable. All in all - serious cat deprivation!)

-

@marcy I'd be one more reader for the constellations book - if you can put up with one more casual & distracted no-nothing...

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I love the colors you are picking for the door on anything remotely appropriate. (the celadon - aquamarine range)

If Greg wishes for something else, can the door's faces be different? My house in Providence had its front door this way - an ox-blood red outward and a light yellow inward... - they did not look good together even, but matched the respective walls well.

Thank you @AV_ Greg and I both agree on the color of the kitchen door (in the aquamarine family) and it is only the glass on the other door we are unsure about. We have a main door (not the kitchen door) to the house and we are replacing the glass because I have always hated what we have there now. Not my taste at all. Gold leaf pattern on the glass and it's just too much for me. I like elegant and simple and this is way too ungapatchka for me. So we are deciding between a few of the glass door options I linked in my above post.

(footnote: the feral cats would kill me on sight here - except one cutie at one of the labs: the only being I see perfectly unafraid in the dark around foggy liquid carbon dioxide tanks, too bold to snarl at people, just tame enough to curl around my feet when I can least handle it, & still untouchable. All in all - serious cat deprivation!)

Ahhh cat love. Nothing quite like it. When they adore and love us what a feeling that is.:kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Gold leaf pattern on the glass and it's just too much for me.

I do not have to see the thing to agree on this one. Gold is great fun; the only front doors that get away with it belong to the Cathedral downtown...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDI's!!!!!

@missy Thanks Missy, you are a sweetheart. I look forward to seeing the samples.. I am a true lover of all the hues of blue. I have to say Missy! I love popcorn for lunch or dinner.. when I read what you said I had to laugh because it's popcorn for lunch today, with a movie, it's a deep freeze up here! too. I too love a simple, sleek glass door, I like the Satin Etch and then the Geometric especially, both are sleek and au courant in my book, I have a tendency to love sleek.. all the choices are lovely Missy. Aw tell Greg he's the best, seems we marry the best Missy! Roof guys? not showing up? Say it ain't so! ha.. we replaced our roof in Austin and it took 3 vendors till we found a reliable - show up type - of guys.. sucks, it's often such a fly by the night job.. have a wonderful, WARM and safe day girlie! xoxoxoooxoxoxo :) PS - I'm glad you had a great time with your friends and I hear you about friends being far.. I fly.. but I hate it. hate. it. <3 (my heart)

@Calliecake Callie you are just wonderful, thank you many times over. I was about as off base and off kilter when Chris started his drive from Bentonville AR to DC for a nite then on to Brooklyn.. of course he had told me right before he was getting out of the car at Christmas at the Portland ME Jetport that he had gotten a speeding ticket in Texas for going 99mph.. now Texas has fast speed limits but not that fast, he had just bought his new to him Mazda fast, sporty, car, so you know Callie I was dumbstruck, I would never ever have pegged him for going that fast, well shows you what I KNOW. So this was in the back of my mind, then the fact that he had never driving in a city as big as Alexandria, VA or Brooklyn, NY, we always get lost when we drive to Brooklyn and John get's crabby, and I get sick and stressed, and scared.. so there you go. I try not to let my son's know how really crazy my fears are because truthfully if you do let them know your craziness they in turn take it on for you, at least for me, Mike is a worry wart and Chris is not, I think both of them reacted to my craziness about safety and my fears, I tried as best as I could to not infringe on their psyche, but I think I did. Mike called me yesterday about Cara's doctor visit and I said 'are you driving' and he says "YES I AM and I'M 31 years old Mom and I can do it" so that was enough to make me loopy, but I said "I know you can Mike, it's just that I wasn't aware that Cara had an appt and I am thinking blah blah" all I wanted to do was get the heck off the phone.. these are things I really REALLY REALLY try to keep a hold on Callie, what goes is it that my son's call me a helicopter mother (now this was when the were young adults and teens), but they think I overreact, etc etc etc and I do... I try so very hard not to. Oh it's a saga that I try very hard to keep walking the straight line on because this kind of stuff isn't healthy. I trust my son's, I know they are both decent drivers and I know the I can only help them from my shoulder to my hand, if they are driving on 35 in Austin (a horrible road) or the BQE in the city, I can't help them, I keep my mind in that frame, whatif's? coulda's? don't help anyone. I have had some good counseling over the years.. so I appreciate your kindness Callie and I'm sorry I wrote a book here, but I did want to sort of explain why I thought HC was a teeny bit over the top.. but I understand her completely.

You notice @Calliecake Callie I was rude and put my dumb story over the fact that your step dad fell much more important about your mom and stepdad, I am so sorry.. falls are I believe in the top 5 killers of elderly so I am very happy to read that he is didn't need to go to the hospital, as I am approaching 'elderly' I understand your fears as I spent my life fearing one of my parents would either kill each other or fall and die or something not normal. Snow and elderly don't mix in my opinion. Or driving. I am glad you are there to assist them but you take care too girl. xoxoxo

@AV_ Hi! your doors sound beautiful AV... pix? Used to be when I was a kid that feral cats were M E A N! but when I lived in Texas they were sweet, not as loud as house cats.. when I was little a feral attacked my leg and attached its mouth of my calf, I screamed bloody murder and my mom ran out of the house, up a little hill and got the cat off my leg, hurt like a son of a gun.. I survived and love cats.. and AV, a settled life can sometimes be a boring life, a boring life can be unsettled for some.. me, I'm enscounced in my easy chair for life ;-) xoxo

@Jimmianne Hey! so what about you and I meeting at Austina's house, she won't know! she's away.. ;-) we can cruise the we can do the Rhone and Ceone! I've always wanted to go to Vienne. Jimmi* wish I could allay your girl's fears, it is a huge step to live in another country for the forseeable future. I understand how she feels, I am sure she will find her way. Platitudes, but I can say that if it really isn't right then she should step away, but I had fears and I was just marryng and moving to Long Island! how's everything with you.. I am green about your new rings but Jimmie they are darned gorgeous! Visa crap still occurring? also it's very reassuring to know your house will be taken care of while you are living in France.. Whenever I got lost with my boys or me just lost myself, I would always tell them and myself, it's an ADVENTURE! You seem like a woman made of strong stuff to me, I'm sure you will conquer France :) xoxoxoxo

@marcy that just sucks about the furnace :( :x2:x2 I hope he get's it straightened out, and I know what you mean about the fireplace, we are due for ice tonite and John is bringing in wood just in case it get's really cold.. I am not surprised you said that people are being robbed for their down coats, these temperatures that have hit you guys are colder than I can ever remember reading and hearing about for your neck of the woods. stay home, load up the fireplace and read a great book! and don't go out! and I am gad to read you are slowly recovering for the nasty head injury Marcy.. our noggins, we need them! (as we do the rest of us! not just our heads but you get my thoughts!) xoxoxoxoxo

@junebug17 :wavey::wavey: hey Junebug girl.. thank you so much for your kind words!!! means a lot to me. My damn jaw.. osteomyelitis, altho my case hasn't reached Sandeeps yet, I would suspect Sandeep has the same infection that I have it's a bug called actinomycosis, it's a slow moving, very very hard to cure bacteria, one can think it's eradicated and it show's up 30 years later, (a study I read said this).. the best antibiotic for it is a cillin of which I am totally allergic too. sucks. but again lady thank YOU! I appreciate everyone's caring words about my boring jaw. How's things your way? you getting sleept tomorrow too? stay warm Junie! xoxoxoxoxo

has anyone spoken with Sharon? I haven't seen her around which I know is fine but am hoping all is okay in her neck of the great North America!

Update on Christopher John my baby ;-) Chris had his first day yesterday and it was good, free snack and coffee and cereal! suits him fine.. another guy started with him and they were corralled around by this other guy Alex who's sister may be looking for a new roomate as her current one she wants to kick out, she lives in Park Slope area so I figure that is a great area and if it pans out that would be great, maybe they would hookup!!!!! I can dream. So he's taking the train to work from Clinton Hill and it takes about 20 minutes, he got the coat, a jacket and some new shirts, so he's happy and he loves the city.. I cannot be happier for him, he's gotten a parking ticket, not surprising.. he sent me a picture and I will attached, he sends in emails as his phone is so danged old that his MMS doesn't work anymore so he can't text pixs.. I'm gloriously, simply amazingly happy for him.. he's a good son.. the subject of the note in the picture was: "Wish you were here" and just the picture attached, that is a good son dont you think? I do.. love that son.. (both of them). Mike and Cara went to the doctor's yesterday, Autuman has heartbeats of 160 beats per minute, good, she feels good and we are down to the last 3 months! and she starts going to the dr every 2 weeks now. I bought them a baby seat, a porta crib and Autumn's crib, haven't heard a thing about the shower and I'm leaving that to the folks in Austin.. Mike is selling his car and going to get a 4 door something, I'm sure he will let us know!

everyone have a great Tuesday!!!

Kate the GreaT!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@missy, I like the granite & satin etch :D That’s one flexible contortionist kitty :lol: How are you feeling about wearing a wig out, do you feel brave enough yet? Honestly, they all look so good and natural on you, that I would do it.

I’m so sorry to hear about your stepdad @Calliecake hopefully if the paramedics didn’t feel the need for hospital, it’s not too serious, tho’ of course any fall when you’re elderly is potentially serious and frightening. I get what you’re saying about late night calls, although my worry is always that it’s about Adam.

Ah phooey that the furnace is still playing up @marcy , thankfully having a fire you’ve got some heat, but it’s annoying when it’s supposed to be fixed.

Worst case scenario @Jimmianne if you decide not to stay long term in France, you always have your US home for respite. How’s DD, have her jitters settled down?

Sounds like Chris’s first day at work went well @Tekate and he’s kitted out for the weather and the job. Oops to the ticket :oops:

You’d definitely prefer the weather here today @junebug17 - wall to wall sunshine :D

How great that you are doing your dream job @AV_ it’s alwaŷs a big bonus to get paid for doing something you love.

We’ve arrived in Honduras, and the sun is out at last! I had a lovely facial this morning, followed by getting my hair done, and Colin had a massage. We’re sitting poolside - in the shade of course, just enjoying the peace. We’ve been here before and seen the interesting things, so we’re not going ashore.

We had dinner last night with the cruise director and her husband, who’s a comedian, and an elderly couple from Dallas. He and Colin got on famously talking about finance. We have sailed with this cruise director before, and she’s the best they’ve got!

A day of relaxing ahead, hope you’re all well, and that I haven’t missed anyone :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another whoops I forgot the pictures Christopher sent me of the Flat Iron Building which is on his way to his new office in the Flatiron District of Manhattan around 8:30 a.m. yesterday morning, gray and overcast. @Austina thank you for your words, yourb trip sounds wonderful and keep on having a great time..xoxox

flat.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina yay so glad the sun has come out and you are enjoying! Sounds wonderful.:appl: I have not yet worn any alternative hair out...working my way up to it. 8) You chose the same 2 I chose as my top 2. :cool2: Greg thinks the satin etch is too plain for the front of our house. He likes the chord because we are by the sea and it reminds us of waves. My top 3 are satin etch, granite and chord. OK cat's (meow
1237347t680xm00ub.gif
) out of the bag now but please girls share your choices if you have preferences. I want to hear everyone's thoughts if you have clear favorites.

@Tekate love that photo of the flatiron building. :love: Chris has talent. Beautiful. Hope he is loving his new job. Sorry it took you so many roofers to find the right one. Looks like we might be joining you on that path. But yes at least we marry good guys with solid gold hearts. Thanks for all your love Kate the Great. (((Hugs))).
I have not heard from @canuk-gal and hope she is well. Sharon if you are out there we are sending you lots of love and hugs and good thoughts and hope winter is being kind to you.

@marcy I am hoping you have heat today Marcy. Sending lots of warm hugs your way.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, your evening out sounds wonderful and I'm so glad you had such a great time. I know what you mean about having a hangover from lack of sleep, hate that! Love the pic of the kitty doing some stretches, too cute! Oh no to the roof guy not showing up and I hope you can get this issue taken care of soon. All of the glass choices are beautiful (See, I'm no good at this, I cannot make a decision LOL) but if I was forced to choose one, I would go with the Chord. Reminds me of water, and also antique glass a little, and I think it would fit the house well.

@Jimmianne, wow, the visa process is very involved and I'm sending good thoughts that all goes smoothly. I misunderstood a little, I thought dd was having jitters due to wedding planning...It's understandable that your dd is feeling nervous about making such a big change, and you as well...something that up to now has been a bit vague and off in the distance is now more of a reality and that can be intimidating. I'm keeping your dd in my thoughts and hoping she feels more at peace now.

@marcy, oh no to still having furnace issues! I really do hope it can be fixed quickly. Maybe you could use a space heater until it gets figured out? This is not a good time for the furnace to be on the fritz, yikes! I'm glad you are feeling better as the days pass and I hope that soreness goes away soon.

@Calliecake, oh my gosh, so sorry about your stepfather falling! Thank goodness he didn't have to go to the hospital but how nerve-wracking for everyone. And so soon after your mother falling, and dh's ER visit. You've had a stressful time of it lately. I know it's scary when an elderly person falls and I really am very glad he didn't get seriously hurt. Ugh, so sorry about the really cold temps you are having, stay in and stay warm!

AV, your little feral friend sounds so sweet! :love:

@Tekate, so glad Chris is off to a good start at his new job! And it would be great if he found a roomate right away. "Wish you were here"...Aw, such a sweetheart. It is hard not to worry about people we love so much. It is such a good feeling when our kids are happy and doing well. Both your sons sound wonderful, you did good mama! Great pic of the early morning city, love it!

@Austina, yay to sunshine! You sound like you are having such a wonderful and relaxing time. And how great you got the best cruise director this time around!

Just the usual here...a little shopping and doing some things around the house. DD will be here this weekend so looking forward to that.

Good night all, and have a great Wednesday! Xxx

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Callie, i am so sorry to hear about your stepfather. I am glad the paramedics didn’t think he needed to go to the hospital. I am sure they’d appreciate you being at the hospital with them if they had to go. Hopefully he is doing better today. i hope you are staying warm. My head isn’t sore anymore; a few spots are tender to touch but other than that I am not feeling much. It continues to get better. Thank you. Someone could definitely die if they were outside too long in your frigid weather. I saw where it is a record cold for your area. I did get the repairman’s business card that has an after hours number. So far it is still working.

Jimmianne, we are having a heatwave here compared to Callie. It was in the 20’s today. Wind chill near 5. We have a large space heater and a fireplace so we could make do until the furnace can be fixed. Our furnace does work in brutal cold and wind - luckily. Change is tough and scary but mostly you’ll find it works out just fine. We are cheering you on no matter what continent you are living on at the moment.

Missy, deep freeze is about right. They guy put in a temporary switch and so far the furnace has been running. He was ordering in a new part. Crossing my fingers that is all that is wrong. I am glad the bump is going down. I didn’t feel it much sleeping last night. Popcorn is a great supper; I kind of like it on Friday or Saturday night along with renting a movie. Hate to hear the roof guy didn’t show up but not much you can do about it so try not to stress over it. Hoping it gets fixed soon. Did you get your boots? I like Granite and Satin Etch - mostly because they seem to be the most opaque.

AV, you can’t complain when your work is your dream. That means you aren’t working. I’d send you a constellation book - does Missy have your contact info?

Kate, a movie and popcorn at lunchtime sounds great. What movie did you watch? Tell Chris welcome to the speeders club. I am trying to get good. I haven’t been over 100 for months now. Bummer. I don’t think it’s a bad thing your worry about your sons; that is natural. My mom always said she never got over worrying about us kids. The temporary switch is working on the furnace so far. We aren’t in the brutal cold like Callie and it sounds like you are getting hit pretty hard too. The Deep Freeze is everywhere. Stay warm and be comforted you have that generator ready to go. That is great Chris likes his job and maybe found a roommate. Good idea for Mike and Cara to get a 4 door vehicle.

Austina, I was glad we had the fireplace last night. At our old house the furnace quit on Friday night when Marty was in Hong Kong. We had a blizzard going on so I bundled up and lasted out the weekend. I must have been tougher in my younger days. I had an electric blanket that kept me warm at night. My parents were still alive then and kept saying I could come sleep at their house but I stayed home. I got the furnace fixed that Monday. I didn’t have a space heater or fireplace in those days either. Sounds like your cruise is going well.

Junebug, it figures the furnace is on the fritz when it really cold. So far the ‘fix” is holding. I did ask Marty earlier today if the furnace was still working and he said he didn’t know. I’d have checked it every 30 minutes if I’d been home. I am feeling better every day. I didn’t notice anything this morning when I got up and that’s the first time since I hit my head. Nice that you got some shopping in today. Enjoy DD’s visit this weekend.

Not much going on here - work, cold, wind, snow drifts and teddy bears everywhere. They put up new LED lights at work that seem really bright. I am thinking of finding some star or heart sunglasses for the teddy bears on my desk.

Take care.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results