shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

P

PierreBear

Popping in to say hello. Apologies that I've been so out of touch. Having a hard time balancing life/work... and still battling home insurance! But all in all, healthy and much to be thankful for. Hope all is well for everyone and think of ya'll often!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Another challenging sleep last night and I am running quite late today but just wanted to say hey and hello and ask how everyone is doing.

@junebug17 hope your week is going well. Thinking of you and sending you hugs.

@Sandeek hope all is continuing to go well and sending you continued healing vibes and warm hugs. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate thanks for your warm words and all the love. It is super cold in Maine and hope you are staying warm. I am with you. I would rather be in no relationship than a bad relationship and that includes friend relationships too. No contest. Alone is better than being partnered in a miserable relationship. Anyway we have the opposite of that and we are very fortunate indeed. I never take anything for granted. Not my super wonderful dh nor my super wonderful friends. And that includes you. (((Hugs))). So relieved for you that Chris made it safely and soundly through the first leg of his journey and wishing him many more safe travels!

@marcy aww I am sorry you are missing Marty and I hope he is home soon. I totally get missing him when he is away though a little bit of away is good because you know that saying...absence makes the heart grow fonder. :whistle: Yes those are brutal windchills. Glad you got some photos of that spectacular event. Sweet you played hooky again yesterday. Take all the days off you want and make sure you use all of those days off that are coming to you. Leave none on the table. You deserve time off for sure. Sweet you are writing an article for the newspaper. Very nice. And how lovely you spent time with your friend and baked her death cookies. You are a good friend Marcy. Stay warm.

@Calliecake I agree driving on ice is not fun. Sorry you had to change your plans again but better safe than sorry. I prefer no bangs but wigs with bangs hide the hairline better though the wig that arrived yesterday from England has the sweetest lace front OMG looks so natural. My first lace front wig and perhaps not my last but this one is a super swiss fine lace front so it is heads above the others. Haha heads above.:lol: Yes please wear your wig a bit around the house and see what you think and how comfy it is. Hope you are staying comfy and cozy and warm and I hope your mom is doing much better.

@Austina wow snow. Hope you enjoyed Pilates yesterday. Hope your drive with Dottie today to take her to her sitter goes well and that it is an easy one with no icy roads. And safe travels if we don't get to see you before you leave on your trip. Safe travels and see you on the "other" side. XO.

@Scandinavian aww thanks. I have to go check that photo out. I used to wear short bangs but most everyone looks better without those lol. I liked their edginess but when I got to be older Greg felt it was time to let them go. So did Tuey. So they outnumbered me and I decided perhaps they knew what they were talking about. That was 20 years ago. Yup it's been that long since I had my short straight bangs.

yay for F feeling much better today. And glad the skiing competition went well. Sounds like a perfect day especially for a weekday.
I will check out your book rec thanks. ((Hugs)).

@PierreBear happy you checked in and sound well. Sending you lots of good wishes for smooth work schedule and low stress. And to that end no worries. We are here when you want to come and say hey and do not feel guilty about not being here more often. We love you no matter how often you check in. (((Hugs))).

So last night 2 of my long awaited purchases arrived. After more than 2 weeks of anticipation. My alternative hair from the UK and my Rx sunglasses from the USA. First impressions are that I love them both though the hair is lower density than I would like in the back but I might just need to comb it. This is out of the box. I have not done anything to it yet. Tried it on again this AM and it is so comfy and flirty and sassy and light. Liking all of that. I might get it in a brunette shade next if I decide the density is not too low.

By the window with some natural light though it is very overcast here today...supposed to rain better than snow though!
New sunglasses and new wig.

larissaplatinum.jpg.png

and in artificial light:

larissainplatinum.jpeg.png

OK that's it for now girls. Hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday. I must start my morning or else before I know it Greg will be home before I get moving today. :sun:

:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Scandi, glad to hear Furbaby F is doing better today. Glad your kids were happy with their results in the ski competition. Running around out there had to be hard work for you. I will become the she who will not speak of cookies in January from now on. I’ll blather about everything else though. Ha Ha.

Hi PierreBear, good to hear from you. I hope you are doing well. Take care.

Missy, sorry you didn’t sleep well. I woke up a lot but did get back to sleep in a while. Marty comes home tomorrow night. He wasn’t gone long. I keep an eye on my vacation balance because I don’t intend to loose any of it. I am not that dedicated. Your new wig looks great and sounds comfortable. Your new wig and glasses do make you look sassy. I like it.

I had a busy day at work but did manage to get everything done. I also spent time poking around on my head and found that sore spot (around where I got the knot). It is a larger area than I thought, still swollen and got really agitated I was poking at it. Grr. I DON’T want to go visit a mean doctor. We are getting more snow tonight and wind chill is below zero. Burr.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I too think the lace front wigs look natural. Did you have a fun day today? We went out to dinner with friends tonight. We are supposed to have wind chill temps of -30 degrees later this week. I hope this weather skips you. I’m really starting to not like winter.

Scandi, Your kids are talented too??? And all this time I thought all the competitions were reserved for the fur babies. The ski completion sounds like it was fun. I hope F is feeling better? I LOL about you caring about what the kitchen looks like more than if it is practical. I feel the same way Scandi and I only have one kitchen.

Marcy, You might want to go to the doctor. It’s kind of scary that your head still hurts. It’s been over a week.

@Tekate I will be thinking of you this weekend when we are planning for the baby shower.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, Fun that you are planning the shower. Happy times!

Marcy, I agree with Callie, that is a long time to still feel so sore. I know you really whacked your head, but good grief, you REALLY whacked your head.

Hi PB, glad you are doing well.:appl:

Scandi, thank you for the book recommendation.

Torrential rains here over night and this morning.. Hard to belive it has rained here so much that we have not been able to mow or use necessary heavier farm equipment in the barnyard since early last summer. Things are a bit of a mess. But it IS an excuse to read in a cozy corner, so all is well : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@marcy glad Marty will be home soon and I am glad you don't intend on losing any vacation time. Grrr to you still having a sore bump on your head but it is getting better each day right? You really did a job on your head but as long as the bump keeps getting smaller and less painful I think you can skip the doctor. If it isn't getting better make an appointment please.

@Sandeek hope you are having a good week. Lots of rain today so be careful and tomorrow is Friday so yay for that. Continued healing vibes and (((hugs))).

@Tekate hope all is going well by you and you are feeling good. XO.

@Calliecake glad you enjoyed your dinner out with friends and were able to reschedule from last week and that the roads were not too icy last night. I am way ahead of you re winter and not being a fan. Enjoy planning the baby shower and I hope you find something you want to wear for it.

@Jimmianne we are getting your torrential downpours today. Stay dry and enjoy reading in your cozy corner.

We are expecting friends from out of town coming tomorrow and we are looking forward to it. It is a very rainy day here today and just hoping the beach house roof holds. Greg is making a quick trip there tomorrow to check on things and keeping fingers and toes crossed everything remains uneventful around here. I am planning on enjoying a cozy day around here and also taking care of another closet. I am making progress.:appl:But first must get more coffee. Or as Lorelei liked to say:

coffeecoffeecoffee.gif

Have a lovely Thursday girls!

catsinmorningmeme.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

Popping in for a bit to say Hi. Update on Christopher! he is in Brooklyn and his cousin is taking today to look at apts in Long Island City I think!... all's good here. Rainy.

@missy love your hair! you rock these wigs.. I get so much enjoyment looking at the different colors and how they look on you.. as always you look beautiful. Love the new shades.. they are very complimentary and look awesome with that particular wig BTW :) Sounds like a nice friends get together this weekend Missy, have fun!!! Hey, do you still have 2 weeks to wait for the new meds?

@Austina bon voyage! have a great time. I am jealous. I hate you. ;-) May you have the best cruse and time ever!!!!!

@junebug17 Hey Junebug! how are you? how's your weather. RAINING here in Maine..

@marcy hope you feel better every day.. how's the bump? think if you have a bump that means that the injury didn't hit the brain. I forget where I learned that.. so don't trust me! :) Glad your husband will be home soon!! Decided to talk to the cleaning ladies and give them my stone cleaner, using windex on granite is a no no in my book (and every fabricator ((all 2 of them)) told me not to use it). These girls vacuum well, it's interesting, every time they come there is something that I don't think is cleaning enough, like a bathroom floor, or dusting, then I think I'm an old bitch with stupid first world bitchiness and to cut it OUT. :) You know you shouldn't be having dizziness now.. you MUST go to the doctor if it continues. Please.

@Calliecake planning the shower, sounds like fun.. I'm with you in spirit always Callie :) thanks for asking about Chris! he's in Brooklyn with his cousin searching for an apt. my nephew used to have a fabrication area in LI City, but he moved it up to the Catskills, but he still has an office there I believe Chris and he will be looking at some new apts going up in that area, it's a transitional area sooo I'm not thrilled but my son needs to find an apartment within his price range (which he hates but I know will be a studio).. but I lived in a transitional neighborhood in the Bronx, my sister was attacked, but I was fine.. it's scary but the Bronx was going downhill and this part of Brooklyn is gentrifiying so we shall s

@Jimmianne I think we will be getting your torrential rain today.. it's so bizarre, yesterday it was 22F today 50F eeek!.. Yup! I'm for reading today myself. (after a dental appt that is).

@PierreBear Hi PB! hope all is well in your neck of the woods girl.

@Scandinavian Hola Scandi! happy to read your furbaby is doing well! As to your new kitchen, @missy has shown you what her changes were at the beach house, to me I love the look of her home there, my changes last year were great but I wasn't going to put new white cabinets in because I didn't want to spend 50K USD on the kitchen, so I went with a light granite that my decorator lady picked out and changed the knobs on my cabinets, new appliances etc. But I do love this new look of white/grey/kitchens... it's clean, altho I think that the open cabinets will fade quickly cause who's that neat? NOT ME. ;-) great about your kids...

off to the dentist today for molds of my teeth to start the process of getting work (bridge) done on the bottom left of my jaw..

xoxoxo

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear @Tekate good luck at the dentist today. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for the lovely comments, much appreciated. As for the meds yup. Still hasn’t shipped. Once it ships it takes 5 -6 days. No clue why but that’s how it is with our insurance. So I’m hoping they can get the meds and get the order processed so I can get it within 2 weeks and not later.

Please tell Chris that Greg and I say welcome to Brooklyn! And sorry about the rain.

(((Hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And Kate for you. I’m playing around this morning with my new hair.:sun:

CAD69028-7A8F-4823-AFA8-D0426F19CA9C.jpeg

55DF7DDB-86EE-402B-B27F-B8490EBEF317.jpeg

Do (platinum) blondes have more fun...stay tuned... 8)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @missy Marilyn :mrgreen2:
Hi girls!

Not feeling too well today, norhing serious, just that I must have eaten some gluten by mistake yesterday so now I’m grumpy and nauseous and feel like I have swallowed an elephant. Oh well. Will be better by tomorrow!

Hugs and talk to you then!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, pretty color and really cute glasses! I love the length of the wig too. Sorry about the prescription issue, ugh. So frustrating. Such a sweet pic of the ostrich and the elephant :love: Lol to that last meme, reminds me of Zoe and me in the morning lol. Good for you for tackling those closets, I was going to join you but then I realized the part of the house you can see is a mess, so I need to straighten that up first. Ugh, this stuff never ends! Fingers crossed all is well with the beach house roof :pray:

@marcy, sorry to hear your head is still so sore. You do sound like you're improving and feeling better though. Have you had any more dizziness? If you have, maybe it would be a good idea to get checked out. Very nice that Marty hasn't been gone for that long and is heading home soon.

@Scandinavian, I'm glad F is starting to feel better and that the children had a good time at the ski competition. And yes, sounds like you got some exercise as well LOL

@av, I agree with you, I love pantries. Your pantry sounds lovely. We had a pantry in the house I grew up in and my parents got rid of it to make the kitchen bigger, and in hindsight I wish they would have kept it. It was very cool!

@Tekate, so glad Chris made it to Brooklyn safe and sound, and sending him tons of good wishes he finds an apartment. Yep, it is pouring here today...and really windy! It's much warmer though. At least it's not snow lol. Hope your denist visit goes smoothly.

@Calliecake, omighosh, the ice sounds terrible and I hope it's melted by now... I hate ice, so dangerous. And I hope they are wrong about those low temps!!! So fun to be planning a baby shower! It's happy events like this that add so much joy to life.

@Austina, safe travels, have fun! I'm so envious, would love to be heading to warm weather...it was ok in SC but I want to be very warm!

@PierreBear, hi! Good to hear from you and I am wishing you well with balancing life and work. It is very hard to do sometimes, there are only so many hours in the day and working takes up so much of them. Hopefully you are getting breaks from the stress, hang in there!

@Jimmianne, lol, yes, one good thing about the rain is you can put off all those outdoor chores...have fun staying in!

I did venture out in this lousy weather to go to the gym, but I think that's it for me. I have enough to do in this house to keep me busy, that's for sure. Hopefully I get motivated to do it :P2

Take care everyone! <3

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Scandinavian, oh no! Get some rest and feel better soon, (((hugs)))

@missy, such a fun look! Love it!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Will have a proper catch up tomorrow, just dropping in to say we’ve arrived in Miami, feeling pretty zonked. Couldn’t get to sleep last night, then couldn’t stay asleep! Had 3 hrs max.

Everything went well with the journey, flight was very, very bumpy, and boy, did the pilot come in fast and land heavily :shock:

We’re here in one piece, going to have a soak, then try and stay awake for a while :wavey:

Reactions: AV_

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Callie, how was dinner? Minus 30 windchills? Noooooooo! Stay warm. I think the knot on my head will take some time to quit being sensitive. I got bad this afternoon but 2 Advil helped a lot. If I had more symptoms I’d probably be at the doctor. One of these days I may crack and head that way.

Jimmianne, I hadn’t felt that sore for a few days until I felt around to see what was sore. I found it, quickly. I did really whack my head. Sorry to you hear you are having torrential rains; sounds awful and muddy. Take care.

Missy, yes I have been getting better I just think it is going to be sore for awhile. I keep trying to put one of those gel packs on my head but it just doesn’t stay there. I gave up last night. I tried to put it in the sleeve of my sweater then put the sleeve on top of my head; it just kept falling off. Marty should be home in about an hour. The roads in Colorado are mostly dry but I told him to slow down once he passes the last city in Colorado; he’ll probably be hitting spots of black ice. He stopped to eat since he was Hangry. I hope the beach house is okay with all of your rain. Have fun with your friends coming to visit. Stay safe and cozy. You look like a movie star with your shades and platinum blonde hair.

Kate, i hope Christopher finds a place today and in a safe neighborhood. I’ll take your word for it that if I get a bump it didn’t hit my brain. The other spots are barely noticeable; but that area where I got the big old knot is still ticked off. My dizziness is slight rather than severe so I think that is an improvement too. I am always hesitant to get after our cleaning lady but like you said sometimes you just have to say something. The ladies that used to clean for me used water or dawn to clean most things so I never worried about them hurting something. I am not sure what the new gal used on our granite countertops. I’ll have to pay attention the next time I am home; Windex is a definite no no. You are in the rain zone too; stay home and be warm. Good luck with the dentist.

Scandi, I hope you are feeling better now.

Junebug, my dizziness has been less severe and less frequent; earlier this week I am sure it was sinuses just accentuated by that knot on my head. I have improved just think I need to leave that knot alone. I had a knot on my knee one time that never really went down and would hurt like the dickens if you hit it just right. Good luck finding the motivation to tackle one of those house chores. I might tackle the baskets in my closet this weekend. I dread starting the closet in my back bedroom.

Austina, glad to hear you arrived safely. Sorry for the hard landing. It sounds like the entire eastern time zone is under a giant rain cloud.

We had just a few inches of snow but lots of wind. I am starting to think that drift in our front yard will be here through the spring. I was rather sick of what I’ve been eating for supper so I made a box of those Lipton noodles / sauce thing, browned some hamburger and mixed it all together. I had some carrots and called it a supper. Plus now I have something for lunch tomorrow.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, Will to you be notified when the meds arrive at the pharmacy? I love the length of this wig too. I’m going to relax and look at wig videos tonight.

@Scandinavian , I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well and hope you feel better quickly.

@Austina , Hopefully you are able to get some sleep... you have sunshine and a vacation to enjoy!!!

@junebug17 , You are doing great with the gym. Are you seeing results? How I wish I had your motivation. Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? As far as the shower planning goes my SIL and I need to do whatever my niece tells us to do. She did a wonderful job with her sisters wedding shower. She has all sorts of ideas for this shower. The shower is being held at a nice restaurant so I don’t expect there to be a lot for us to do.

@Tekate, I hope your appointment went well today. Happy to hear Chris made it to NY safely. Sending lots of apartment finding dust his way.

@marcy, Do you get black ice often? Please don’t send anymore snow my way. We are in for a week of cold and more snow on Monday.

@PierreBear , Happy to hear you are well. I hope work is just busy and not too stressful.

DH and I spent the afternoon in the Emergency Room today. After DH had tests done, all is good and he is back home. So happy nothing is seriously wrong.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! It's Friday woohoo.
1237372v4er6kso38.gif

@junebug17 thank you, it is a fun look and I do feel glamorous in it. Glad you got to go to the gym despite the weather and I know it makes us feel better to work out doesn't it? It's the best pick me up IMO. Don't worry about those closets. You'll get to them in due time. Turns out I ran out of time yesterday so was not able to continue the closet cleanup. Oh well there's always next week right? What are your plans for the weekend? I'm glad you enjoyed the kitty pic and yes lol that pic definitely any cat owner and their sweet kitty in the AM. I love snuggling with Francesca and I know Zoe loves being with her momma too. We are all heat seekers especially in winter. Another thing we have in common with the kitties. Need body heat. Ahhh. Having a warm kitty to cuddle with in winter is better than a space heater. A symbiotic relationship for sure.:bigsmile:

@Scandinavian aww I am sorry you aren't feeling well honey and I hope you are feeling better today. Haha thanks for the lovely compliment. Funny you said that because another person I said I looked like Marilyn in this wig. Don't I wish.:P2 And my friend Rob said I look like Lady Gaga. But I am not sure that's a compliment lol. And he said he prefers me as a brunette but he's biased because he has known me for the past 30 years as a brunette and is resistant to change. Luckily Greg likes me both brunette and blonde and even as a redhead. I admit the color and style of this wig makes me feel even sassier than usual. :kiss: What are your weekend plans?
(((Hugs))) and feel better dear Scandi.

@Sandeek how are you doing? End of the week yay! Hope you are looking forward to a nice weekend and are feeling good. Weather looks to be OK here. Thinking of you and sending (((hugs))) and healing thoughts your way. Hoping you continue feeling better and stronger each day!

@marcy I'm sorry your head is still sore but glad it is improving. What you need is something like one of the velcro ice packs that you can velcro around your head that will stay. I use when I get a chalzion for heat packs. They can be warm or cold and they velcro around and stay. OK did a search for you...how about something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Migraine-Hea...spons&keywords=ice+pack+for+head+velcro&psc=1

or

https://www.amazon.com/Headache-Hat...pack+for+head+velcro&psc=1&smid=ASEVS99O6FS73

Thanks for the movie star comment. LOL. It can be fun playing dress up which is exactly how I am feeling right now and I have to get over that before I dare wear any of the alternative hair out of the house.
Glad you had a change of food choice for dinner and now have leftovers for lunch too. Sweet. And hope that snow melts before Spring but I get what you are saying. The weather is cuckoo all over.

Hope you had a better night's sleep last night Marcy.

@Austina yay, thanks for letting us know you've safely arrived. Are you going to the Miami antique jewelry show? I cannot remember the dates of the show but I feel like it is happening around this time though I could be completely wrong. Hope you slept well last night and wake feeling refreshed and ready for adventure. Enjoy.:appl:

@Tekate glad the dental visit went smoothly and hope soon you have lots of good news. Hope Chris is enjoying being in Brooklyn and we have some cooperative weather now so yay for that. Tell him the skies cleared for his visit.:sun: What are your weekend plans?

@Calliecake glad the urgent care trip and then the ER trip turned out to be for naught and that Jeff is A OK. Better safe than sorry and glad that is over. Hope you enjoyed another nice dinner out last night. Dinner out 2 nights in a row. Sweet. I think you will enjoy her wig videos. She's lovely and very helpful IMO. Hope Jeff is feeling all better today. And stay warm with your once again impending deep freeze. Brrrr. I keep reminding myself Winter is (almost halfway) over. It was light out at 5PM last night.:appl:
No notification from the online pharmacy yet...oy. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I do receive the necessary meds before I run out of what I do have and I am still taking the half dose and not the new dose. I feel a bit anxious I won't be getting the meds when I need them. But thinking good thoughts and hoping for the best.

Hi @Jimmianne hope the rest of your week is going well and that you are looking forward to a quiet and enjoyable weekend. XO.

It's still dark here and Greg is on his way to the beach house to check the situation re the roof (lots of rain yesterday so fingers crossed all is dry there). And the door to the feral feeder stopped working but he thinks he caused it to malfunction by opening and closing it a lot at once to scare the raccoons away. And it got stuck. So hoping can fix that today but he has to get back for a CC early this afternoon so not sure if he will be able to accomplish all the stuff he needs to do there. We will see.

I might get to a closet today but not sure if I will have the energy.

Have a lovely Friday girls! Off to do some morning stretches.
morningstretches.gif

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
It is a sad day when Missy beats me to the good morning post, isn’t it, lol. I should have a few hours head start on her you would think… something to do with the earth and spinning and the sun or something like that…

I was a little tired still this morning, but managed to drag my *ss out eventually for a little skiing with the furbabies. So now I feel so much better. I think I should stop working and just go skiing every day. Happy wife happy life, yes..? LOL

On a more practical note (not..??), I have lit a nice little fire in the fireplace, before firing up the computer, and is now pretending to work. So far, I have just managed to pay some bills. Ordered some new curtains, and apparently forgot about the invoice…. Wupsi? We are having guests tonight for dinner and they will stay until tomorrow so we can all go skiing together. Must remember a warm jacket, it will be more of a talking walking skiing than I’m used to with the doggies. Their style is more like 3 – 2 – 1 - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. LOL.

@Calliecake, hope your DH is better? Never liked the ER, smells scary. Maybe I’m spending too much time with our dogs…

@marcy, drive safe! Black ice on the roads are never fun. Hope Marty is well home again, it is always so boring to be waiting for someone. Like; please drive safe! But could you perhaps drive safe a little faster..? LOL

@missy, I have a splendid idea! You and Greg can come on over for my birthday (big weekend party at the summerhouse-cabin) and you can take all the new wigs and show me in person! I’m not sure I like your insurance company much.. That kitty is too cute! Wish I could stretch like that in the morning, my routine is basically trying to get my eyes open..

@Austina, please post pictures if possible!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roof is not fixed. Water still getting in..sigh.

Hi @Scandinavian have fun skiing this weekend and enjoy your friends. Haha you and me both re the insurance company. I have a better idea. You can try them all on when you visit me again which IIRC might be sooner rather than later.:whistle: If I survive all this that is.::)
OK have a good weekend girl!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah Missy, sorry.

A couple of long days here...cleaning...fielding wedding jitters long distance [ugh].
But my bling came!!! Both things, days early. Yay!!!
The cvb band is a duplicate of one I already have, but larger to go with the snake ring.
40322AC3-9967-475B-B1AA-83847CEFB014.jpeg

The snake pendant is ..as I said to the seller, SO tiny, SO cute, SO cool. He was a stck pin and the bale was made from the stick.
8E42D830-447A-44E0-A1AB-426695AED09E.jpeg 1F691B28-51B6-494A-9799-6A5C55578B82.jpeg

See you guys tomorrow! :sleep:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday!

@Jimmianne love the bling. As always, beautiful additions. Enjoy.:love: FYI I just love snakes...in case you ever tire of any of your ssssstunning snake acquisitions. I am ready and willing.8)

@Austina hope you managed to catch up on your sleep and are enjoying some beautiful weather in Miami.

@Sandeek hey there, hope you are having a lovely weekend and feeling well. XO.

So yesterday we chose a new storm door for our beach house kitchen long overdue. Picked mainly all glass storm door with bronze trim to match the house. I just ordered a few paint samples for the door inside the storm door. We are thinking turquoise (more blue than green). These (so far) are the 2 finalists. Waiting for the 12 inch square peel on samples to be delivered. Thoughts welcome. Our previous beach house in Sea Girt had a beautiful turquoise door that we painted but the color scheme was a bit different. I am hoping that the turquoise works with the bronze trim and window trim and siding of the house. It's hard because I generally do not like too many colors and 3 are usually my max preference but with the brick we will have 4 colors if we do a turquoise door.

The two finalists so far:

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 7.56.58 AM.png

As of now I am leaning towards Lake Tahoe as it is more blue but Poolside is so pretty too so will wait till the samples arrive and hold it next to our door and house.

Here'a a photo of the house to give you an idea of the color scheme...bronze trim, brick, and taupe siding. This is not the door we are talking in the photo about instead we are talking about the kitchen door to the left of the main door. However we will be also painting the main door eventually if we like the turquoise color we chose for the kitchen door.

beachhousesnowyday.jpg

Do you think some sort of turquoise blue or teal blue would look nice with the colors of the house? The other thoughts I had were a yellow door (but Greg isn't too keen on yellow) or the boring gray/pewter that the kitchen door is now.

Have a lovely Caturday Saturday ladies! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL forgot to share this with you girls.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 8.49.52 AM.png

:lol:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Your home is so charming. I love the style and think a pop of color on the door will be fab! Thank you for your continued thoughts!

Hi NIRDIs. Sorry I’ve been mia. I hope all is well for everyone! I know @Austina is traveling. Enjoy your trip!
I hope @marcy is feeling better and staying warm!
Welcome back @Tekate I do hope you are still well and staying warm!
Hi to @Jimmianne and @junebug17 :kiss2:
I have been so busy at work. My classroom flooded this week with the rain. What a disaster. My antibiotics are now complete and if the infections stays away I am Golden. If it’s returns in the jaw they will go back in and remove the plate and twelve screws which they think is causing the infection. I. Do. Not. Want. That! :eek2:
Running to pick up my DD at the train station. Just wanted to thank you all for all sending me healing vibes often. Your comfort has truly helped me get over my funk and for that I am forever grateful!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a quick hello, my iPad won’t now let me use the internet, so I’m on my phone. Will try again later when I’m on board.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there @junebug17 hope you’re having a nice Saturday and hugs to Zoe. It’s her day after all...:halo: Caturday.

@Sandeek so glad for the good news!!! Finally. Long may this continue! Hugs.

@AV_ hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend and getting some writing in as well. Hope all is well with you. Miss seeing you. (((Hugs)))

Hello there @Austina thanks for checking in with us. Have fun!

@marcy hope you had a good class last night if you had one.

@Tekate what are you up to this weekend?

Hi @Calliecake have a good weekend. Stay warm.

@Scandinavian weekend plans? Enjoy!

The requisite caturday Saturday pic. Fred. Sleeping beauty indeed.

A61A6A43-9EB9-4F09-94BE-F31AE5AA1865.jpeg

If only all of us could sleep as soundly and as long as our kitties. We’d all be very well rested. ::)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I tend to be around allot & not write... There are all sorts of news - but mostly work related. I sure did take today off, as you see .) - walked the town with a stop at the library (some reading that isn't work - preparing for a little showdown tomorrow, Sunday morning!) & I will be off for dinner with colleagues soon enough. 'Guess this counts as a day, doesn't it ,)

From where I am standing, it looks like you are having fun taking after Gaga! (OK, nearly anything the woman does is OTT'' - but I am all for white eye shadow because of her; white hair did cross my mind...)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

It’s been a foul day here, poured with rain and cold :eek2: This is NOT what we signed up for :lol:

We’re on board and will be leaving at 5pm heading for Key West. We had lunch with a couple of lovely elderly gents.

@missy I think this latest wig is my favourite so far, love the colour, love the style, just love everything about it. It’s sexy and fun, and not too styled IYKWIM?

I hope you’re over your stomach upset @Scandinavian and enjoying some skiing.

Enjoy your meal out @AV_ sounds like you’ve had a good day off.

Glad everything is ok with your DH @Calliecake, you must’ve been really worried.

Your new hissing Sid (snakey) is lovely @Jimmianne and a great partner for your ring and new band.

Everything crossed you stay infection free @Sandeek because the alternative is just unthinkable.

Glad Chris arrived safely and hopefully will find a new appt soon @Tekate .

How’s your noggin @marcy ? Any news on your new furniture?

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, today has been one of those days!

We’ll be off to the lifeboat drill soon, but I wanted to pop in as I finally managed to get internet access.

Will stop by internet permitting :wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Everyone! hope everyone had a great CaturDAY! :)

@missy I hope you are having a wonderful time with your guests! it's cold in the city I hear from Katie. How are you feeling? Has there been any resolution to your satisfaction on the roof situation? We had a lot of rain day b4 yesterday here (and I think you guys did too in the city).. well our basement leaked in one area where water was damned by ice, John mopped it up but we have to check that out for sure. Not much new with me Missy, we walked the dog 2x and ran back into the house and I made a good Irish lady stew and we enjoyed it! we may get some snow on Tuesday. look forward to hearing about your weekend and all the fun you had.. ((((((MISSY))))))

@Austina hope you can check in soon and let us know all the wonderful WARM WARM things you are doing lady.. safe journey! Thank you for your kind words about my baby boy :) as far as I know he's doing well, Kate called me last night and said she and he went clothes shopping at UNIQLO and J Crew. Chris has finally purchased a coat! He was freezing (which I knew would happen).. he's not worn a coat in years and years, he's southern! he bought a flannel shirt (now that is a wow! but I did buy him one for Christmas that he left here ha!).. anyway thanks again and sending happy vibes to you and family! safe trip..

@Jimmianne think both your new pieces are beautiful Jimmi... snake is very cool. rings is lovely.. rockin some cool stuff girl.

@AV_ hope your dinner was fun and delicious! happy weekend!! I adore Gaga she is a great singer!

@Sandeek greetings lady! hope you are continuing to improve. Have you been having the horrid weather we have in Maine? Cold... I am happy to read you are off antibiotics.. I had a C/T of my jaw and my surgeon says I still have infection but it has improved and to keep doing what I'm doing, I've been taking antibiotics straight for 6 months now.. tired of it. but I am so happy to read you are improving and infection free!!!! good news. Sorry about the flooding in your classroom, we had leaking in our basement here in Maine, first time! ugh. Hope you can stop in more but I know working get's in the way of our PS time! take care and sooo glad to see your words.

@missy forgot to add I like the poolside very much Missy.. I think it's smashing with the other colors of the house.. looking forward to seeing what you do!!!

@Scandinavian Hi Scandi... how was the skiing? Hope you enjoyed your time with your guests.. the thought of a fire, snow, it's all so soothing.. you must love it.

@marcy how are you feeling? I hope better..

@Calliecake I am so glad to read your husband was fine.. I am sorry he wasn't feeling right. A trip to the ER is always a scare..

@junebug17 Hi June! I so admire your workouts/gym time, I bet you feel better everytime you go..

@Calliecake Hi Callie, how are you? how are things going? I'm with Missy! stay warm..

@canuk-gal greetings Sharon! hope all is going great with you..

Chris is happily staying with his cousin till he finds a place, he starts his new job Monday morning so I am hoping he will meet some other new hire(s) and maybe meet a roomate! who knows.

We are relaxing this weekend (code for we are doing nothing but reading and walking the dog!) so I send good and happy thoughts to you all.

xoxox
kate

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, so sorry that the roof is still leaking - I know it's frustrating and I do hope it gets figured out soon. And I hope Greg was able to fix the door on the feeding station. Love the kitty stretches, so so cute! :love: Both door colors are pretty and either one would look good, but I think I prefer Poolside. Interested to hear what you think once you get the samples. That Bugs Bunny meme is very cute! And Fred looks so sweet :love: It is really wonderful that you and Greg were able to give him such a peaceful and happy life!

@Austina, sorry about the rainy weather but you are headed for warmer climates! Enjoy your journey to Key West.

@marcy, I'm glad the dizziness isn't as bad as it was; sounds like it's just going to take a while for the soreness to go away.

@Calliecake, so sorry to read about the trip to the emergency room - thank goodness your dh checked out ok and it's nothing serious. I hope he's feeling better. Sounds like a very stressful experience and I'm so glad you are relaxing and taking it easy this weekend. Unfortunately I haven't seen much weight loss from the additional exercise, and I was hoping I would by now. I seem to be constantly losing and gaining the same 3 pounds LOL. I still need to work on my eating habits. I do feel stronger physically, and I think I am a little more energetic.

@Scandinavian, I'm glad you are feeling better; being next to a warm and cozy fire sounds wonderful! Have a good time with your friends, dinner and skiing sounds like fun.

@Jimmianne, love your new pieces! The gold band looks beautiful with your snake ring, and the pendant is very pretty...such an interesting and unique design :love: Unfortunately wedding jitters usually go hand in hand with wedding planning...just keep in mind this too shall pass!

@Sandeek, oh no to a flooded classroom, you did not need that! Very happy to hear your infections havecleared up and I so hope it stays that way...sending lots of support and good thoughts. (((Hugs)))

@av, hope you had a lovely dinner with your colleagues. Sounds like you have been very busy and I'm glad you were able to visit the library and focus on something other than work for a bit!

Quiet day here...ran a few errands, watched golf with dh, and went out to eat. DS stopped by for a bit but headed down to Baltimore to celebrate a friend's birthday...he's staying overnight, thank goodness!

Will check in with everyone tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Callie, it sounds like your niece’s shower will be mostly painless to plan. I like having events like that at a restaurant; it makes it so much easier. I like planning parties though. Oh no that you had to take DH to the hospital for tests; I am glad everything is okay. Scary. We do get black ice because the sun melts the snow then the cold freezes it; a vicious cycle. I saw where you guys were having really cold weather. Stay safe and warm.

Missy, I bet snuggling up to a warm kitty is better than a space heater. As a matter of fact I will put a few teddy bears on my lap when I am really cold and too lazy to go find a blanket or sweatshirt. The velcro ice pack around my head sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the links. It is nice to see the sunset coming after 5 pm now. I hated driving home in the dark. Good luck getting your meds soon. Love the morning kitty stretches. I hate to hear water is still getting in. Ugh. I like the poolside in your sample. Love your beach house. LOL on the Bugs Bunny meme; that is right.

Jimmianne, sorry to hear your DD is having the wedding jitters. There is so much to do and emotions certainly run high. Love your new bling. Fabulous ring and pendant.

Scandi, I am sure going for a morning ski with the furbabies woke you up today. Fun. Have a nice time with your company. Marty did make it home safe and sound. He isn’t going back for probably 3 or 4 weeks now.

Sandeek, I hope you are feeling better and that’s good news you are done with your antibiotics. That is awful your classroom flooded at work. Our basement flooded at our old house; that was a mess. They didn’t pack the dirt back in too well around our foundation. When the built the next house to ours it was higher than our place so the first huge rainstorm had water run right down in to our window well then gush in to the basement. Marty called the minute I got home to see if our basement was dry; I said well I’m still upstairs but I don’t think so because I can hear a babbling brook downstairs. He and my mom were using a wet vac for quite a while that night.

Austina, hope you are having a good time and getting rested up. I hope you paid attention to the lifeboat drill; those are important. My noggin is mostly back to normal and I an NOT trying to poke around to see how it feels.

Kate, sorry to hear you had some water in the basement. Such a hassle. Stay warm. Glad to hear Kate and Chris got him some warm clothes. I never take care of mine. I am definitely doing better than last weekend. Every time I do something though I pay attention to not hitting my head on anything.

AV, nice to do some reading that isn’t work related.

I slept in a bit and then started working on that constellation book I am revising for the astronomy club. I think I have it ready to copy but there is no rush in getting it done so it can wait until we actually venture out.
I made homemade beef soup today. It hit the spot and I have 2 cups left for lunches.
I started on my February club newsletter.
My cleaning project was our lazy Susan corner cupboard in the kitchen. Marty had spilled something on top of all the spice jars (curry or something like that) so I pulled everything out, washed everything off; washed the 2 shelves and then had Marty go through his spices and put them back. We had duplicates of so many spices he either combined them or threw out the ones he didn’t want.
We rented First Man tonight. It was a good movie.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, that’s exciting! Nice you are escaping the weather at home for a while. Key West is beautiful and I hope you have a wonderful time.

Thank you, June, on all counts. I am enjoying my little bling! The wedding jitters, not so much. Lol

Tekate what are you reading? Anything notable for the NIRDI book club?

I have my visa appointment in two weeks :appl: and am currently preparing the impressive pile of paperwork. I have long awaited this day, now getting jitters of my own wondering if I really want to leave my pets long term. But I tell myself ~if not now, when? Onward!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results