carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Missy, it sounds very cold there. Stay safe and warm. We had a few inches of snow and barely got above freezing today. We have fixed a few spots on the floor in the kitchen and also have some of those assorted color crayons to cover scratches. They work pretty good too. Marty was just irritated to scratch the new floor. I have never tried sarsaparilla; I’ll have to give it a shot sometime. I like Sprite when I have a stomach ache. I buy those mini 7,5 oz cans of soda and that is all I have if I want one. i totally know what you mean about uninterrupted sleep; it makes a difference. I get 2 to 4 hours at best of that when I first fall asleep after that I drift in and out. I am sorry to hear you wake up so frequently too. Phooey. Nice that you got some more of those sweaters you like.. Sweet. Good luck finding a nice dress and even better if it’s one in your closet I found a few tops I forgot I had moving things around in my closet. Cute picture of HRH.

Jimmianne, i am a total smart aleck, glad you caught my subtle joke there. I definitely need smarter workers. This friend of mine is very gullible and i have to watch myself because I’ve led her down some deep holes before with my assorted stories. She gets easily upset. My nephew who has also suckered for many of my stories met her one time and they were setting there swapping stores about “and then she convinced me”. When you were out here in my neck of the woods did you hear about jackalope? I had him convinced they were real. Aw darn your DD broke a taillight on your new car. i am with you being glad it wasn’t me. That is definitely some finger coverage; I haven’t thought about a scarf ring for years. I had a few of those when i was in school.

Kate, I totally agree it becomes harder to sleep and the blower on the furnace or AC is exactly what wakes me up and I wear earplugs. That is COLD there. Stupid floaters, huh? I understand sanding down the floors is quite a messy process. I sure like having wooden floors but want carpet in the bedrooms. It keeps kind of surprising me when I walk to the other side of house and the wooden floor doesn’t change in to carpet. Our new rugs are definitely more cushy that what we had before. Of course before I had the non-skid stuff under them and this time we bought pads. I threw one of the new pads out already; the little rugs by the front and back door are so small you still kind of slid on them. No thanks. We cut the one already so it can’t go back but I snagged the other one since it was unopened and will return it. I agree it’s nice to recycle things. I keep trying to find someone to take our old California king bed; everyone who had a king sized bed just has the regular sized mattress though. Thanks for your thoughts on management; I am proud of my team but I sure hate the babysitting side of it. I will pick Marty’s brain on it too. I think it has just become time to rip the bandage off and be direct. Yes, sinus infections are awful and hopefully her new round of meds help her. My BIL and his family live in Alexandria; small world. Nice to have your generator ready to go if necessary. It’s one of those things you never want to need but nice to have if you do need them.

Callie, congratulations on the new baby and furbaby. That is pretty exciting. That is pretty cool to have your DH cleaning with his new vacuum. Maybe Marty will catch that some day. Yes, those first dings are painful. I usually seem to be the culprit though. The video story about your niece is so cute. It’s awesome you are so close to her.

AV, I am just sick thinking about you working on your thesis and having your tablet quit. When I was teaching I lost all of my stuff including grade sheets. Luckily I had a print out of the grades and old versions of most of my labs, tests and work sheets. After that I started backing up to a flash drive frequently.

We slept in today and I even got up before Marty did. I worked at emptying out stuff in our bedroom and closet this morning and Marty hauled a lot of it to our 2 spare bedrooms. We went out for lunch and picked up our area rugs. That was kind of a chore getting them out, the pads trimmed to fit and moving everything back to normal. We like them though. I got laundry done and made the cookies for tomorrow. Marty had a lift off at his gym downstairs and 2 of his clients came over. One if my friend’s sister and the other is a young guy here in the air force. They were going to new personal bests on lifting and did great. I kept her them cheering and laughing. I was making cookies while they were downstairs so I left them a plate of cookies which they all downed. The air force guy happily accepted a baggie to take home for him and his roommate. I think I made a new friend. He gave me a hug.

Take care.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, your house is beautiful! And cozy. What a great room for eating cookies and watching a movie. I’ll be right over. Please turn up the heat.

Callie, exciting news. Wonderful. Your family is full of happiness today.

Tekate, i have had jet lag for three years. I hope that answers your question. LOL
I am starting my day at about 3am now and every day sleep an hour later. It takes me weeks to fully recover. How about you? Back on schedule, bright and bushy-tailed now?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Happy weekend! Hope you’re all having a good one.

:dance:I hope the baby has arrived safely @Calliecake and that your niece is recovering well. I marvel when women say once it’s over, they forget all about the pain, I remember every grisly second of it :D

We’re trying hard not to wish the days away till we move, but yes, it can’t come soon enough. Having visited many places in Texas, I would say that Austin isn’t typically Texan. We feel we’d be able to settle quite easily where Adam lives, and I’m getting used to driving there.

Looks like the wedding will be next year, I think as soon as Adam gets citizenship, it’ll be less complicated if he’s a citizen.

Argh about the scratch and the gouge out of the wall @marcy, but hopefully easily fixable. Wow, it’s all looking great now, love the rugs, the colouring really ties everything together so well.

Glad to hear you had a good journey back @Jimmianne , we’re hoping all the problems don’t cause us an issue next week. Hopefully not, as we have global entry, so bypass the queues.

What a homecoming, all those goodies waiting for you :clap: the crown for greatest finger coverage is yours :mrgreen2:

What a cute picture of Salley, @Tekate, I think one of her ‘legs’ might be her tail? :lol: I don’t blame you for not wanting to venture out in the snow, no point in putting yourself at risk, right? Both Adam and Kim have had bad accidents (not their fault) but I haven’t driven at peak times, so hopefully I’ll be ok. One thing I have noticed is, that whenever you leave a gap between you and the car in front, some numpty will pull into it :roll

Oh no to tech failure @AV_ we realised during our recent power cut, how much we rely on technology these days. What did we do before, hard to remember now.

Look at that face @missy, your little black panther is such a cutie. I love the new wig, I’ve even been looking at wigs just for fun, and can see how they become so addictive.

Did you have any luck finding a dress? I forgot to tell you, when we took Kim out shopping, I got another pair of OTK boots, this time in black with tassels at the top. I feel like a buccaneer wearing them :lol:

We got the cases out because I needed to check I could get everything in, fortunately it all fits, so we don’t need the larger cases, phew!

We went to a friends for dinner last night, they’ve got a black Burmese. She’s an absolute devil, she always cuddles up to Colin, and yesterday, she was laying on his chest, looking up at him adoringly, and the moment he stroked her, she bit him!

Nothing exciting on the cards today, we want to get another coat of polish on the kitchen floor this afternoon.

Have a good day :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, i was worried too about the issues here causing delays, but due to the off-season time of year things were simple. Lucky you bypassing the lines, even more simple.
Wishing you an uncomplicated fun voyage!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls mad rush today so just a quick hello and hugs to all of you.

@junebug17 hope dinner was fun and that your DS (and DD too) are doing very well. And thinking of your brother as well and hoping things are going smoothly for him. Did you get snow overnight? We did but just a dusting. Enough to make things very winter like here. It is pretty but icy and cold.

Speaking of cold @canuk-gal Sharon, how are you doing? Sending you warm hugs across the many miles and thinking of you.

@Tekate a generator was the best purchase we ever made IMO and congrats on yours. And yes we hope we never have to use it for sure. We did get use of it during Sandy when we had no power here for 2 plus weeks. We were very popular here and let our neighbors plug in to our generator. We have a Generac gas generator. Thank you for the love and hugs and you know how highly I think of you and your dear John and sweet Katie. You are a love and a dear. And way too kind but thank you. And right back at ya. Hope you are staying warm and cozy. We are freezing here.

@AV_ hope you are having a lovely weekend and making progress on your thesis. I prefer paper and pen but am old school that way. I hope your power and internet are back online so you can write either way. I love trying on dresses generally but it was tiring yesterday because there were a lot of near misses and that was frustrating for me. I think I was trying on dresses for 2 hours. Anyway it is fun somewhat. If I wasn't so tired I would have enjoyed it more I think.

@marcy we got a dusting of snow here overnight. It's freezing. I am ready for Spring. Yay to Marty fixing the scratches and yeah it is irritating. Like scratching or dinging a new car. It is inevitable with time but one hopes that the time isn't the very first week or day lol. Glad you had a good day and made a new friend. Yup baked goods will do that. Yummm. Hope you slept well last night. I woke up every hour and a half but managed to sleep late (till 7AM) this morning so running super late since I was shopping online this AM in bed. And omg it is past 9AM right now and if I don't get a move on the day will be over before I do anything.

Your house looks gorgeous. Like out of a magazine. Well done Marcy.

@Sandeek thinking of you and continuing to send bucketloads of good wishes and healing dust your way. It doesnt seem enough but I am here for you (we all are) and if there is anything at all I can do please please know I want to and would be thrilled to help any way I can. I don't want to be a pain and pester you though...just reminding you not to hesitate. (((Hugs))).

@Calliecake glad the labor was not intense and hope your new grandniece has arrived. So darn exciting.:appl:
Thanks for all your lovely comments. Hoping to hear good news from you today.

@Austina yes totally addictive haha. Makes good sense the wedding will be when Adam has his citizenship. And next year will be here before we know it.
Another super exciting event. So many good things happening and I am smiling from ear to ear. It's a very happy feeling.:appl:I did find a dress and will post below. Not super thrilled with it but Greg loves it and he will alter it to fit me better.

Have a wonderful trip and lots and lots of fun. Sending safe travel vibes your way.

@Jimmianne glad your trip home went smoothly. How are all your animals doing? How's the farm doing? How are you feeling? Is jet lag over? Sending you hugs. I hope you aren't sad to be back here in the USA. You have next time to look forward to going to France. It's nice to have 2 homes. It breaks things up and there is always something to look forward to if that makes sense.

@rainwood welcome back. (((Hugs))).

@PierreBear how are you doing? Thinking of you and hoping work is going well and things have calmed down. How is the leak doing?

I ended up buying one evening dress and one more casual dress.

The evening dress. It is sparkly but I am not sure you can tell from the photos. Greg has to take in the waist for me and raise it up a bit as my waist is higher than where the dress sits. So he will take up the straps a bit and cinch the waist in for me.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 8.46.52 AM.png

And the casual dress. It fits perfectly.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 9.12.52 AM.png

Enjoy a lovely Sunday girls and stay warm and cozy and comfy. (((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love both dresses! Hugs
Happy to be home.
Have a madly great day <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Jimmianne! (((Hugs))). You too.

Oh and here are 2 photos of our dusting of snow from our security cameras. Not too dramatic but there is ice on the beach. You cannot see that from the security photos but take my word for it. Brrrrr.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 9.16.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 9.16.40 AM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy The bold patterns are nearly the only ones I like. Else all is monochrome.

Cudos to Greg the Taylor! (he with the great model...)

I now know that no one will see my dying tablet until - Thursday. IHMO this is a gift worth trying out.

Oh, I so want to see these twenty-something pages written - no mate on what! Of course, I know them by heart.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reporting from the bathtub...we went shopping again today and I think I like this dress better...

@AV_ I know you won't because it is solid black with the exception of the skin tone cut out between my chest. Cannot wear a bra with this one and it's black (didn't want another black dress so cliche) but I love the mermaid shape and I think it is more flattering for my body shape. Greg still has to play tailor however and shorten the waist to line up with my waist but that should be easy. And shorten the dress. I am 5'6" but they make the dresses for 5'10" models.

Please ignore the weird reflections.

IMG-0675.jpg

IMG-0683.jpg

IMG-0690.jpg

A close contender that I found also today but I decided to go with the above dress.This close contender is a petite navy dress. Fit like a glove but it wasn't as pretty IMO as the mermaid dress. But I loved the color and the fit. It has beading though which is not something I like.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 4.36.03 PM.png

OK that's all girls. Hope everyone is enjoying a lovely Sunday.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, cute pic of Francesca! All the dresses are very pretty and look lovely on you! Definitely go with the mermaid if that's the one you prefer, it looks beautiful on you. Your house looks so warm and inviting with that dusting of snow. We probably got a bit more than you, but not by much and the roads and sidewalks melted quickly so not much of a problem. It's too bad you won't be able to return to the beach for a while and hopefully these next few months will go by quickly.

@marcy, it's great you found homes for your rugs. Sounds like you and Marty have been really
busy getting everything set up. That story about Marty and your niece is adorable! Ah, too bad about the scratch -LOL to it not being you who did it! I'm sure it can be repaired, and we've had luck with the wood crayons too...our floors have some dings and scratches and like Tekate we'll have them redone when we're ready to sell.

Just saw your pics, oh wow, it looks fantastic! You have a beautiful home and the floors and area rugs look amazing :love:

@Jimmianne, lol, yes, that ring does have awesome finger coverage! Love it, very striking and I like that center stone. Yanno, it probably would make a great ring scarf, just sayin' :kiss2: Sorry to hear about the tail light, but dings and dents are definitely a part of life, and are repairable thank goodness. Hope you're feeling ok, and I'm glad you're happy to be back even though you love being in France.

@Tekate, congrats on your new kindle, always fun to get something new! Yikes, it's cold, stay warm and bundle up! I'm sure the generator will give you and John some peace of mind, it's a good thing to have. I'm surprised they aren't common in SC - the power goes out a lot there for some reason. I'd like to get one at some point.

@Calliecake, congratulations on the upcoming birth of your grand niece! So happy and excited for you and your family. She's probably had the baby by now and I hope everyone is doing well. So great that your parents got a rescue dog - it will be good company for them, and an older doggie is now in a loving home. Glad to hear she's such a sweetie and that things are going well. DS is loving having his own place - at first I thought it made more sense to live home a little longer and save enough to buy something, but now I think it's better for him because it's giving him a chance to be more independent, and I think it's helping his self-esteem. DD is doing pretty well with her teaching...I don't think I mentioned she took a new job closer to her apartment - it's a small private school and a very different experience from public school so it was an adjustment. But she has settled in and seems to like it. Dh and I are relieved she doesn't have such a long and difficult commute to work.

@av, it must have felt strange to write by hand! So sorry your tablet quit on you and I hope you can get it working again.

@Austina, sounds like you had a nice evening...except for the cat bite, poor Colin! Hope he's ok. I love cats but I admit they can be unpredictable.

We had a nice weekend - we ended up doing Shake Shack for dinner...I think dh likes it because of the vanilla milkshakes lol. Didn't do a whole lot otherwise, some meal prep and laundry. The weekends go by so fast!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Jimmianne, thank you. Trust me the heat is already cranked up; come on over. I’ll make popcorn for our movie. Good luck adjusting to local time again. Gradual sounds like a smart way to go. Marty just stays up and then tries to sleep normal local time hours and is wasted for days.

Austina, I hope you and Colin are in Austin before you know it. My niece’s cousin lives there and they sure like the area. Thank you. I was just telling Marty I like all the colors in the rugs. I have been looking for new drapes for about 2 years to add some color and we never agreed on the same thing so we still have brown. They look fine with the brighter rugs. I think the spot on the wall will be easy to fix. Glad to hear you won’t need new luggage for your trip. Oh no the she devil dog bit Colin. Snuggles up to him then doesn’t like it. I hope he wasn’t hurt.

Missy, oh no to getting enough snow just to make it icy. Anything in the shade here is still solid ice. I am glad you had a generator to use during the lengthy outages caused by Sandy. I am sure you were popular then. i would be ready to give up after trying on dresses that long. I often bring things home then and take back what i don’t like. I am sorry you kept waking up last night. I slept from about 11:15 to 3;55 then it was dozing now and then. Darn. Thank you; we are pretty happy with our new rugs and floors. I love your dresses; they look fabulous on you. Good choices.

Junebug, that’s the best kind of snow to get; it looks pretty then melts quickly. Thank you; we are pleased with how the rugs just brighten the floors. I’ll be glad to get the carpet in tomorrow and get everything put away. Most of the stuff I moved isn’t necessary for daily living so I can slowly move it back in place. I might leave a lot of it in the back bedroom until we get the new furniture. Those little wood crayons are great for sure. That’s great to hear you DS is doing so well living on his own. It’s nice your DD found a job closer to her apartment. I bet the difference between public and private school is pretty dramatic. Hopefully it makes her job as a teacher easier. A vanilla milkshake sounds fabulous.

We did more cleaning this morning but our company showed up about 11 so we quit then. I vacuumed the closet (it’s about 8 x 14) then decided to clean off the baseboards, then continued on in to our bathroom and then laundry room. I should tell me cleaning lady she doesn’t need to come this week.

We had a nice with with my sisters and their husbands. Dinner was nice and we came back here for cookies and visiting. Now we are just being lazy.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The baby was born early this morning. Mom and baby are doing well. Her parents and grandparents are beyond thrilled. Thank you everyone for letting me share my excitement.

@Austina, Two of my SIL’s have always said Its a lie that you don’t remember labor pains. Like you, they remember it vividly. Poor Colin. I can’t believe the dog bite him. A couple of the men my husband worked from Houston retired to Austin. They love living in Austin. Austina maybe you should bring the larger suitcase. You can go shopping with Kim for things to fill it up with.

@missy, Well someone had a great weekend shopping LOL. It’s always nice to have options. They both look great so you can’t go wrong. I’m assuming this is the event you and Greg attend every year. Remember the year you had a hard time finding anything you liked? Two formal dresses in two days is quite the accomplishment.

@junebug17 , I’m glad it worked out well with your son and his apartment. Like you, I see both sides of the apartment vs living at home dilemma. It’s hard to save much money when you have rent, utilities, car payment and insurance to pay for. It’s harder for kids today then it was when we were young. There is nothing harder than being a parent.

Does you daughter like teaching at the new school? I imagine it would be a huge adjustment with the different teaching styles. Does the private school have less structure? I’ve always thought that it would be much harder on the teacher if there is less structure. I’m interested in hearing your about your daughters experience. I remember your comments when she first started teaching. She purchased many supplies on her own to help her students and seemed to really enjoy being a teacher. We all knew she was going to be great at this job. You must be so relieved she doesn’t have that long commute to work anymore, especially with having to drive in snow.

@marcy , The new rugs look great. They pull the whole room together nicely . It’s nice you get together your sisters pretty often. The crayon/ marker should work on hiding the scratch.

@Jimmianne , I hope you had a great day and are getting over jet lag.

@Tekate I hope you had a great day Kate!

@av , Remember 15 years ago when no one had an iPad? Seems like a lifetime ago, doesn’t it. Is there anyway you can get it fixed sooner? I hope work this week goes smoothly.

@Sandeek, Sending lots of healing dust your way. I’ve been thinking of you.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 sounds like a fun weekend and can you believe I have never been to a Shake Shack despite them being all over and one not too far from us? Sounds delicious. Glad your DD is enjoying her new job and that it is located closer to where she lives. And it's wonderful your son loves his new apartment and is living independently. But not too far from you guys. Win win situation. And as you write it is good for his self esteem too.

@marcy sounds like a lovely weekend with your sisters and BIL. Good company, good food and yummy home baked desserts. Sweet. Hope your ice is melting and drive safely. Nice to having a clean house and beautiful new floors and new area rugs. Sorry your sleep was interrupted the other night and I hope you slept better last night. How did Monday get here so quickly?

@Tekate how are you enjoying your new kindle? Hope you are staying warm and cozy. Hugs.

@Sandeek hope your week is off to a good start and that you enjoyed watching football and just hanging out with your sweet dh. Sending you hugs and continued buckets of healing dust.

@Austina how is Colin feeling today? I hope he is A OK. Animals can be unpredictable. sad :(( Hope your trip to Austin is a smooth one and that you enjoy your visit.

@AV_ hope you are having a good Monday and that work is going well. And that you are back online. Technology. Cannot live without it but living with it can be challenging as it often doesn't work as smoothly as one would hope. Hope you had a good Fun day Sunday too.

@Calliecake your grandniece is adorable. What a sweet face she has. She is going to be a beauty. :kiss2:
Speaking of the word beauty, I tried on the cheap beauty store wig I bought a week or 2 ago this morning and it's my favorite one. The cheapest wig I have lol. But it is not comfy as the cheap wigs do not have a comfortable cap construction. But I love the color and the style. I wish I could duplicate this in a more expensive wig construction. Isn't it always like that? Anyway hope you get to wear your wig today a bit and get used to it and that you love it.

Thank you all for your lovely comments about the dresses. When I get back to Brooklyn I am also going to shop in my closet just to make sure I do not have something better to wear and will make the final decision. I have to remind myself perfect is the enemy of good yet still I want perfect. So silly I know. No one cares and no one is really paying attention but I want to look nice for Greg. That's the only person I care about looking nice for if you kwim.

We are heading back to NYC this afternoon. The weekends go too quickly. We were here for 3 plus days but feels like 3 plus hours. Sigh. We are having a radiator replaced in Brooklyn today so hoping that goes smoothly. We need heat because it is super frigid outside now. Winter is in full force and I cannot wait for milder temps. Hope everyone has a good Monday.:wavey:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy The halter & the V dresses are so me it is scary! I have three backless halters (two tops, one dress) at hand, one nearly identical cut, but in a skin tone satin (no netting ,)
I wonder if we really do look so alike in reality!

I imagine your opal on the backdrop of the halter: a beaming dot.

-

I am typing awkwardly on a slow antique phone... Yet, so much work got done without the rotten distractions on the dead devices. Paper is good...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Callie, congratulations. I am glad to hear Mom and Baby are doing fine. It is nice i can get together with my sisters occasionally. It helps keep us connected.

Missy, Monday got here quickly. I hope you slept well last night. I did not (See below). Yes, you did need heat today so I hope the radiator was easily replaced. i think Greg would think you are beautiful and perfect if you wore a gunny sack so I know whatever dress you pick to wear; you will look fabulous.

AV, is your antique phone one that you have to keep pushing the same button to type out text? I remember that well.

Well, I can say Now I Really Did It - I got in a fight last night with the corner of a cupboard above my washing machine and I lost. I have Marty tip it forward to look for my diamond pendant (Which I didn't find) but was mortified at the dust under there so I am hurrying around to get out a broom to sweep with while Marty is holding it. I stand up and totally whacked the top of my head. Hurts like a you know what. Last night I kind of had numbness in my face for a while. Marty checked me several times for a concussion. I had a bad headache and neck ache so didn't sleep well. i stayed home from work today and generally felt better. I started poking around on my head to find the "spot" and irritated everything again. Sigh. Every time I woke up I tested myself - what's your name, birth date and social security number. Of course since I was answering my own questions I thought the answers were correct. I'm bored but did take some Excedrin Migraine a while ago.

Laters,
Marcy ouch that hurt!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Ouch @marcy I’m sorry you didn’t find your pendant, but it was worth a look. I hope your headache has subsided now and you aren’t feeling too bad.

Have they turned up to fit the carpets today?

Once I get rid of the 2 vacuum bags of clothes for Kim, I’ll have some spare capacity in my case @Calliecake. I’m not planning on buying anything else while we’re there, but you never know :whistle:

Great haul @missy, I like them all, particularly the navy one that isn’t your favourite, just a bit different to black. I totally agree with Marcy, you’d look great in a potato sack, so whatever you wear, will be the belle of the ball.

That’s a great shot of the house, really picturesque.

Thanks for the info @Jimmianne I don’t think we should have a problem getting into Miami, but there could be an issue flying from there up to Austin after the cruise. We’ll have a few hours so if it takes time to check in, we should be ok.

That’s great that both of your kids are doing so well @junebug17 it’s always a relief when they’re independent. If the private schools there are anything like here, I’m sure your DD is finding it less stressful.

Glad you’re coping well without your technology @AV_ it’s amazing how much time it’s possible to waste on an iPad.

How’re you doing @Tekate, still snowed in?

I hope the new week has brought some improvement @Sandeek

Colin is fine, the cat is notoriously unpredictable, she looks cute, but is a she devil. She even bites and scratches our friends.

We went to see Stan & Ollie this afternoon, it was a really good film, but sad. I used to love watching Laurel & Hardy on Saturday mornings as a child , and it’s quite shocking to realise they didn’t get any residuals from their films.

We had our 6 monthly dental checkups today, all fine:dance:

Big wave out to all the NIRDIs :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I hope your trip back to the city went smoothly, traveling with 4 cats must not be easy - I feel I have my hands full with one! Hope all goes well with the radiator, it's too cold to be without one. Good idea to check your closet for dresses, there might be one or two in there you've forgotten about :D

@marcy, so sorry about you hitting your head! Good idea to check for a concussion. Lol to asking yourself questions - yes, hopefully you're giving the right answers! I'm glad you took the day off, especially since you were in pain last night and didn't sleep well at all.. I hope you get more sleep tonight and you're feeling much better by tomorrow.

@Calliecake, so happy to hear the wonderful news! Congrats to all! I'm so glad mom and baby are doing well. Definite differences between the private and public - smaller class size in the private (which is nice), and yes, less structured...also an emphasis on nurturing and positivity in the private school, which is a good thing but in dd's opinion is too extreme and is leading to behavior problems and disruption in the classroom. She is a first grade teacher but shares a room with 2nd graders. She co-teaches with the 2nd grade teacher - who is the owner of the school. dd is trying to instill some order and structure without going against the school's philosophy and it gets tricky with the owner in the same room lol! Different socio-economic groups as well...dd was becoming a little depressed about some of her students' homelives in the public school...but OTOH a few of her private school students are a little spoiled and entitled. Her students in public school were generally well-behaved but had severe learning issues, so that was hard. MUCH less paperwork in the private school, which she is loving! So definitely a big adjustment but she's managing.

@Austina, nice that your dental check-ups went well! I am very interested in the early days of Hollywood and enjoy learning about the lives of the old time actors, actresses, and comedians. I will have to check out the movie, sounds like something I'd like.

@av, I see your point - I can see where you were able to get more work done without the distraction of devices - Maybe sometimes the old ways are best! Too funny that you had to resort to the antique phone, I'm impressed :kiss2:

Not much new here, just went to the gym and now I'll try to get motivated to vacuum...dh and I are planning on going to SC this weekend and I'm meeting him there (he's flying in from a business trip)...which means I have to travel with Zoe by myself, yikes! I should be ok though, it's a short flight - what could go wrong? :P2

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Oooh I love all the dresses but I do like the black one especially.. oh to be 1/2 as thin as you! they all look beautiful.. It looked damn cold out at the beach!!! brrr.. we've been in the mid 20s but don't go out really!! Missy my mom always said to me that class isn't money Catherine, class is what looks good on YOU! while my mother was a nutcase at times in my life she was very wise and she did love me. :) I miss her. Hope the trip back to the city was good, a radiator replaced? Heat is very important! Hope it went well sweet girl! snow this coming weekend here Missy.. how about you? will you be getting any? Missy I would bet tons that Greg loves how you look all the time.. he and you are such wonderful people, he has so much kindness in him.. I feel lucky to you him and YOU girl.. xoxoxox

@junebug17 ShakeShack!!!!!!!! I have been once at JFK airport, I was hooked, burgers are perfect size and perfect tasting, fries GREAT, and my shake was wonderful, I'm with DH! let's so.. hope you enjoyed it.. I also like 5 Guys, there's are pretty good too, my son likes In'n'Out also, I've never been, Hey @Austina in Austin have you ever gotten a delicious burger at P.Terry's, those are darn good too.. now one would think from all my yakking here that I eat a lot of burgers, we don't at all, hubster always get's chicken.. I just do love to eat a burger out! :) I am not sure what a ring scarf is, I'll check it out but then I never wear scarves either so maybe it's moot :) and I do like my new kindle except the form factor is smaller and I sorta liked the other one as to me it felt like a book more than this but hey I needed a new one. :) hope you have a great week! are you guys supposed to get a lot of snow this coming weekend? we are! ((June)) :)

@Calliecake congratulations! it's so awesome to see our families grow.. my nephew has his new boy coming end of March, and my Autumn coming in April! I feel so lucky.. I hope you always share good news Callie, it's always wonderful to see and read/hear from friends who have good news.. especially children born.. new furbabies, I love it all :) ((callie)) :)

@AV_ seems you and Missy have awesome taste in dresses.. I love all of Missy's picks but do love the halter especially!! and girl paper always works! ((AV)) :)

@marcy ooh I am sorry you bonked your head, having been a victim of an attack by the cupboard I understand completely how painful that was.. (((MARCY))) concussion's can be sneaky so I am very glad you stayed home and checked yourself out... Hope you feel better tomorrow... sorry about the pendant, but I lost a stone I bought from Mochiko and I look for it weekly and can't find it, I put it somewhere and it was sucked up into the vortex of the inner limits of my home and I cannot find it... but a diamond pendant is much more valuable than a tourmaline.. sending good diamond vibes and dust.. it will turn up when you least expect it too.. and Marcy you have a GORGEOUS home.. honestly it looks inviting, like I love it here and please sit, it's beautiful, your taste is impeccable.. :) really it is me!!!!

@Austina where are you cruising to? we are going to Dominican Republic end the end of February. My daughter in law, Cara, has her baby shower on 3/8 yay! except I am coming back 3/6.. we booked everything but after great thought etc, John and I are splitting up in Newark airport, at first I was going to fly back to Maine, spend the night and get back up in the morning and fly to Austin.. so after much thought (and HUGE annoyance at Cara and her mom) we decided to change my flite so when we and in Newark to change for Portland ME jetport that I will stay the night in Jersey and get up and get a flight to Austin.. the contributing pain in the butt to this whole thing (besides the money I have lost on cancelling a flight, having to pay to reschedule a flight and having to fly now on Spirit which is a bit scary).. the pain is that this is South X Southwest weekend in Austin, it is HELL in Austin, the traffic is hours and hours it's horrible.. so I have to get from the airport to my girlfriends house and from her house the next day to the shower (I'm not inviting here, I'll explain another time) in Cedar Park, then back to my gf's house then get up the next morning and have to go to Austin Bergstrom! it will be hell, I know this because Mike and Cara got married the weekend of S X SW and I lived in Austin for 18ish years)... Avoid Austin at South by Southwest. :) I'm good we aren't snowed in but this weekend we are expecting 15 inches+ ha!) good thing we bought a generator. Hope you are well, safe flights, have a wonderful cruise! have a great week too! oxoxo

So today I had my teeth cleaned after 2 years, YES 2 years!! because of all the infection floating around and the main culprit to my infection is found in tooth tartar they wanted to wait till I was better so I asked the Oral Surgeon and he said okay.. so that was a chore but things are good with my other teeth except two crowns need to be replaced and I said LATER! I need other things done first, he agreed.

Cancelled my hair appt for tomorrow because it doesn't need cutting, I cut it pretty short and now I want it longer..

Nothing else new in my life.

Sending love to you all.

Kate

ETA!: making chili! maybe take a pix... cold today high was 24F or -4C, either way it's cold. xo
ETA2: Callie I can't find the pix of your grandniece, is it in NIRDI? I love looking at babies and I'm preparing to be a grandma and again a great-aunt! (as I tell people 100X a day) :)

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share a photo. Bunny and bird have bonded.
5pm and off to bed.. it still feels like 11pm to me : ).
XX
CC2FD532-2F07-4EF7-BAF5-60909A2D60F8.jpeg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @marcy , How are you now? Do you think you should have gone to the ER? Your story was painful to read. Did you see stars? Are you planning on going to work tomorrow? I’m surprised this happened when Marty was in town. Everything always happens when our husbands are out of town! On one of our 50 mile an hour wind gust days a few years ago, as I was getting out of car the door came flying back and it me really hard on my head. I had a goose size egg on the side on my forehead. I walked into a Starbucks to get some ice for my head. The girl took one look at me and asked if I wanted her call an ambulance. A hospital was literally a cross the street from the mall I was at. When I talked to DH he was having a fit that I didn’t go the ER.

@Austina, A girl always has to be prepared for those unexpected dresses that fly off the hanger into your hand when you are just browsing LOL. Make sure there is extra room in the suitcase. I always find things I love and want when I’m not really shopping for anything. When I am shopping for a special occasion I never seem to find anything. How is Colin’s cat bite healing? I’m sorry, for some reason I thought it was a dog that bit him.

@Tekate , You are going to have an exciting March. It’s nice that you also get to spend some time with your friend too. Are you excited about the shower? I’ve got one coming up in February. The new baby is adorable but then again I am pretty biased. My niece is doing great. It’s hard being so far away from her. She has sent us lots of texts and pics of the new baby. She was texting when she was in labor. You aren’t the only who tells people 100 times a day. I have been so happy all weekend. I can’t wait to go meet her and see that sweet little face in person. I love “In and Out “ burgers. So so good!

@missy I hope you had a good day today and have the dress choice fugured out. You can’t go wrong. Do you need a new pair of shoes too? I’m so thrilled with hearing all about the new little one. I’m also excited to go so see me moms dog this week. I’m bringing my niece with me as she can’t wait to meet the furbaby. We may take her see a Mary Poppins too.

@junebug17, Your daughter sounds like such a wonderful person. You did a great job Junie. She sounds just like you. She had a wonderful role model. I imagine it would be hard not worrying about children who aren’t living under ideal conditions. It would break my heart too. All kids need the best. My niece is waiting to find out where she will student teach. She is hoping she gets a class with younger kids but said there probably isn’t a better learning experience that than dealing with 7th graders. The can place her a class room within 30 miles of where she lives. She asked us to pray she gets to work with little kids.

@av , You may need a new Ipad. How are you typing on an old phone?

Jimmianne, Please rest up. It’s always hard adjusting from a quick trip. It’s got to be worse when you have spent weeks in a different time zone.

@Sandeek , Hope you are beginning to feel better and have all the love and support of your family. Please know we are here fro you, even it is just to vent about how you are feeling. Hugs.

I’m sorry for witting a novel girls!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls! And good morning from Scandinavia!

Hope I’m still welcome. All my energy has been focused towards my little furbabies these last few months. Our youngest “puppy” got sick for the third time, and it just breaks my heart that they are not able to find out what is wrong with him. So I always hold my breath and way for number four. But he is well now. So fingers crossed he has grown out of whatever it was. But almost losing him three times has taken its toll on my energy. I'll share a picture from my phone in a separate post.

Oh well. All is well now and life is back to normal.

Marcy and Missy, sorry to hear that you are not sleeping well. I struggle with the same this week, but I can blame no one but myself, LOL. Our furbaby F has been sleeping in our bed lately, she opens the door and comes in after we fall asleep, sneaky little thing. So when I wake up, my mouth is full of dog hairs and my neck is so stiff it feels like it might break off. Long story short, I’m trying to teach her to sleep in her cage. It’s a big one, and she is just outside our bedroom door, so she should be just fine. But she does not agree. So she keeps waking us up to tell us how stupid she thinks we are, LOL.

Callie, a new furbaby? (Congrats on the family baby too, but come on, a furbaby is much more exiting. LOL) I need to go back to catch up! :appl:

Jimmianne, love your pictures from “over there”. But that rabbit might just win the day! So cute!!

Austina, my in-laws have a cat like that! It hates me, and always tries to get right up in my face for a good scratch!

Missy, a generator sounds smart in todays climate. We have fireplaces, lol. A lot of them. I pretend they are necessary to keep us safe and warm if the power goes out. Please keep the dresses for me when we come to visit, lol, I want them all! So so pretty!! The mermaid dress is my favourite.

June, how are you? I try to go to the gym too, January is a hard month to exercise, but probably only because I really need too. LOL.

Marcy, lots of snow at your place? I want some more here, so please send me some if you have more than you need. But oh-no! No head bumping! That’s just not a good idea honey..! :lol-2:

Kate – hello !! Nice to “meet” you =)2

Btw: anyone seen the show Aladdin? We are planning a trip to London in spring with the children, and have booked tickets. Hoping it’s a good one.

Have a good day everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 glad you got a workout in yesterday and some chores as well. How fun that you are rendezvousing with your dh in SC this weekend. I totally understand your butterflies about traveling alone with Zoe but I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that it goes smoothly. Zoe is a seasoned traveler by now and she has proven herself. So hoping that continues for your upcoming trip and it is a short flight so that is a plus. We had an easy trip back and in fact decided we are heading back Thursday AM and returning here Sunday since I have an endocrinologist appointment Monday AM. Leaving for the beach Thursday AM makes it worthwhile since we have to return Sunday. And haha I did go shopping in my closet just now for a few minutes (so still closet shopping left to do lol) and found one of my favorite formal dresses. A vintage dress that I wore a number of years ago so maybe it is a contender? I know one of Greg's colleagues will remember it because he loved loved loved this dress on me and I think he'd enjoy seeing me wear it again. So I have choices and I like choices. Have a good day sweet Junie. (((Hugs))).

@Tekate you are so kind, thank you. (((Hugs))).Yes the radiator is fixed and it is super warm in here but I am not complaining. When it is this cold outside I like it warm and toasty inside. I'm a reptile lol in the summer need it cold and in the winter need it warm because my body temp is all over the place. Right back at ya you and John are a wonderful couple and it is heartwarming to see how much love you guys have for each other.
Yay for being able to get your teeth cleaned after all these years. I am so sorry you are still dealing with the infection but hoping you are on your way to a full recovery. This is progress. And yes your mom is right. Money is not class and class is not money.

@marcy ouch, you are a true NIRDI through and through and I hope you are feeling better today. Hope your neck ache and headache are gone and I hope you slept better last night. I am glad you got to stay home from work yesterday. You deserved the day off. Your home is looking gorgeous and you have accomplished a lot in the past week. Nice going. Thank you for the compliments re the dresses. Hope you have a good day today and no injuries. XO.

@Austina thanks for the movie rec. I enjoy sad movies so when it comes to cable we will catch it. Congrats on a good 6 month dental checkup. And glad Colin is fine. Yes cats are unpredictable for sure. Aww thank you for the lovely comments. You're too kind.

@AV_ I am impressed you still have that antique phone and are able to type on it. Yes I agree the opal will (most likely) be making an appearance at this Natural Museum history shindig we will be attending. Of course it goes with everything. I am quite intrigued to see if our appearance is similar. Indeed. How is the pen to paper experience going? I am hoping things are back up and running so you at least have choices today.

@Jimmianne awww love that photo:kiss2:. Bunny and bird are so freaking precious.:kiss2: Hope you are catching up on your sleep one hour at a time. (((Hugs)))

@Calliecake I probably will decide day of lol. I found my vintage mermaid dress and it still fits so that one is a contender too. I like that it is different. I know you are very pro the black dress though. Thanks for your input. Smart for you to visit your new grandniece in a few months when things quiet down. She is so sweet. I love happy news. Keep it coming.:appl:

@Scandinavian you are always more than welcome here and we have missed you. I am sorry for all you are dealing with re the fur babies and sending lots of healing dust and good thoughts for all of you. Love that sweet photo of your dear girl. (((Hugs))).

@canuk-gal hello there, thinking of you and hoping all is well.

@Sandeek how are you doing? Hope the week is going smoothly and sending you hugs and love and buckets of healing dust. (((Hugs))).

Here's a quick photo of the vintage mermaid dress now in the running. LOL excuse my furry slippers please.:lol:

vintagemermaiddress.jpeg.png

Lots on the agenda today (especially since we are only here for 2 days now) plus a few calls in between. Hope everyone has a good day!:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! Thank you all for your concern; I am better tonight. i wouldn’t shake my head to check it out but I am better.

Austina, I was kind of sad the pendant didn’t show up but we tried. They did finally show up about 11 to install the carpets. They turned out nice. Good luck with lines at the airport. One of the guys Marty works with waited 90 minutes in a TSA Pre line this weekend. Marty is traveling Sunday. i’ll have to catch the Stan and Ollie movie. That is sad they didn’t get residuals from their work. Yay for a good checkup at the dentist.

Junebug, I was kind of laughing at asking myself questions the other night - like I’d have know if I was giving myself the wrong answers. Quite the contrast for your DD between the public and private school; almost extreme differences with different types of problems. I hope she makes progress on getting some order and structure. You and Zoe will be fine on the short flight to SC. it sounds like a fun trip.

Kate, okay now I need to find a Shake Shack. Sounds great. We have a 5 Guys and I definitely would like to try and In N’ Out sometime. I hope you enjoy your new Kindle. I went kicking and screaming to reading books electronically but I find the other way a bit of a pain anymore. I am sorry you were the victim of a vicious cupboard attack. I might write on the bottom of that cabinet in Sharpie - Marcy was attacked here. Oh no for losing a tourmaline; I had a garnet shoot out one time on a white floor - where it went to I will never know. Thank you for the compliments on our house. We are enjoying it. That is interesting about tartar and infections; now I know why they ask you questions about infections and surgery when you go in for a dental appointment. Chili sounds great.

Jimmianne, I love the picture of the bunny and the bird. So sweet.

Callie, I did see stars when I hit my head; I didn’t recognize any constellations though. Luckily Marty was in town; like you said things like that usually happen when our DH are gone. Ouch to the car door smacking you and giving you a huge knot on your head. I think we both should have gone to the ER. I was really considering it earlier today but the tingling / numbness is gone so I think I’ll wait it out for now. I bet you can’t wait to go see your niece and the new baby in person. I hope you niece gets to do her student teaching with little kids. Are you still loving your gorgeous EC? Did you pick a car yet?

Scandi, hi! Oh no about your puppy. I am glad to hear he is well now. Sorry to hear you are in the Sleepless in NIRDi land club. Ugh. Too funny your furbaby takes over the bed. We don’t have any snow right now; we get most of our snow in March, April and May. I think the most we’ve had at once this year is maybe 8 inches. Cute Furbaby.

Missy, good luck with your appointment next week. I love your vintage mermaid dress; it is very classy and elegant looking and of course you look fabulous in it. Woo hoo your radiator is fixed and it is warm. I have been freezing all day. I checked a while ago to confirm the furnace hadn’t been turned down. If I felt like moving the fireplace would get turned on. Soon. I certainly have that NIRDI tendency. I did bite my lip today but that is minor, right? I slept maybe 4 hours last night. Ugh. How about you?

We dropped off Marty’s pickup first thing then he took me to work. It was kind of funny every time he accelerated my head would kind of push in to the headrest and I’d say ouch. About 10;30 I was thinking this was a bad idea but I hung in there and felt better this afternoon. I still have a bad headache and neck ache; I think not poking around on my head to see what hurt probably helped. I haven’t had any tingling or numbness since this morning so I was relieved that subsided. I was about ready to go to the doctor.

Take care.
Marcy
Here is our bedroom. I can't wait to get our new furniture now.
upload_2019-1-15_19-41-43.png
One side of the closet. Marty doesn't know how to hang up belts I guess

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
upload_2019-1-15_19-42-13.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@Scandinavian oh no, I hate to hear that puppy has been so poorly :(2 Poor thing does look rather sorry for itself. Did they ever find out what was wrong? It’s such a worry when they’re ill, if only they could speak and tell us how they’re feeling. Welcome back to NIRDIland.

The carpet looks really good @marcy, do you know when the new furniture is due? Glad to hear you’re feeling a little better, just try not to knock anymore sense into yourself ;)2 It sounds like you could have mild concussion, if it continues, please get checked out.

I really like your ‘closet couture’ @missy, it looks perfect on you. It definitely warrants another outing.

Awww lovely photo @Jimmianne

I’m sure it’ll be easier second time flying with Zoe @junebug17 , she’s almost a pro now :P2 Have fun in SC with DH. Private schools here are quite different to state schools, although the emphasis is on academic success, there’s also quite a lot of pastoral care.

Ain’t that the truth @Calliecake - I never find anything to buy when I’m really looking. Colin is fine, the cat is tiny, she didn’t do any real damage, although last time she climbed up his leg and dug her claws in and drew blood.

I’m glad you werevat last able to get your teeth cleaned @Tekate, doesn’t it feel good when they’re all lovely and clean? We pick up the cruise in Miami, first port is Key West, which we’re looking forward to visiting again. Then Routan, Honduras, Santo Tomas, Guatemala, Harvest Caye, Belize, Costa Maya & Cozumel, Mexico, then Havana. We’ve been to all the ports before apart from Havana.

It’s all a bit hectic here trying to get everything done, we’re not leaving till next Thursday, but I like to make sure everything is ship shape before we go.

Window cleaner due today, then I can get the cases sorted out. We don’t tell people, apart from our neighbours, that we’re away, so as soon as he’s been, I can get them packed properly.

The days are just galloping by at the moment :eek2:

Sending good thoughts to @Sandeek and all the lovely NIRDIS :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Marcy, that’s awful. How is your dear head feeling this morning? What a shock that must have been.
Your bedroom looks so Zen. When does the new furniture arrive?!

Austina, ah...the before the trip madness. It sounds like a perfect vacation with all those southern ports, and a nice time to get away. My DD said if she is going to live in Europe she will have to spend part of the winter somewhere warm and sunny. I think it’s wonderful that you can get away and explore the world. Havana will be a dream!

Scandi, nice to see you back! Poor baby, I hate to see a dear dog feeling poorly and glad to hear things are improved. How is your new house? . Xx

Missy you look gorgeous in that dress, fuzzy slippers and all : ) You have so many choices of beautiful dresses it must be hard to narrow down to just one. I’m sure Greg has a favorite [?]

Callie, I had to smile when you told us she was texting while in labor. This modern world!
Babies are the BEST, bringing so much love and joy.

Great Kate...you too? Escaping winter? I would too if I lived near the Arctic circle as you do LOL. You really get out and about. Good for YOU.

Nothing exciting here. Really being a SLUG, mostly surfing the net and reading all the Dan Brown books. I used to turn down my nose at them, but now they are interesting because he talks about so many historical places that can be researched with images online as I read. Barcelona is now at the top of my bucket list.
I « must » go to Atlanta to apply for my visa and have to go soon if I want it in time for the March trip, and they take your pasport, so things are time sensitive whether they grant the visa or not. It’s a day’s drive away and I found an Airbnb across from the embassy.
Have a great day NIRDIs.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@Sandeek today is Wednesday which means you are almost halfway through the work week. Hope work is going smoothly for you and that you are feeling stronger each day. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending more hugs and love your way. Each passing day is another day closer to being fully recovered. Hope the antibiotics are doing their job and you are feel better. (((Hugs))).

@marcy lovely carpeting and cannot wait for your new furniture to arrive. It must feel good to be at this point and almost finished with this project. I am sorry you only slept 4 hours the other night. I sleep for an hour and a half to two hours at a time and wake up but last night and the night before I managed to go back to sleep each and every time. For me that is a good sleep. I always have an interrupted sleep and I think it is due to my adrenal system being off but no one seems to be able to figure out what to do and I am loathe to start experimenting with supplements for my adrenals so I am just taking it one day at a time and waking up isn't terrible if I manage to get back to sleep though I realize it is not ideal. Hope you slept better last night. And I hope all your aches and pains are gone today.

@Tekate hope you are staying warm and comfy. Sending you warm (((hugs))) and lots of love.

@AV_ hope things are working for you and that your writing is going well.

@Austina ooh less than a week away. Glad things are progressing smoothly.

@Jimmianne I read one of Dan Brown's books years ago and enjoyed it. In fact Greg and I both read it at the same time. I just cannot remember which one it was...glad you are enjoying the books and I would love to visit Barcelona too. It was on my original trip agenda in the 80s but last minute I changed my mimd and remained in Italy instead of flying to Spain where I spent the rest of the summer. I guess I was more spontaneous in those days. Whole trip itinerary changed voila last minute. I was traveling by myself and spent the summer b/w college and grad school in Europe.
Enjoy being a slug girlfriend...you have earned that right. It's been a super busy winter for you. Greg likes all the dresses and so far he hasn't commented on a favorite. The real challenge will be shoes because I must wear something totally comfortable. No compromising there. Speaking of shoes...

Yesterday I spent the afternoon just going through one closet (albeit a double closet) where I had many of my shoes. Got rid of most of them. 2 full contractor garbage bags. Not exaggerating. I threw away the old ones that were showing their age but tossed the rest in the contractor bags and my mom and dad are coming today to pick up all the bags of clothes and shoes. And they can do what they want with them. I am glad to get rid of them. Shoes I haven't ever worn and that are still lovely but not comfortable enough or not my style or just not something I envision wearing. I am trying to minimize the clutter and "stuff" I have. At heart I am a minimalist though I realize to the outside world it doesn't appear that way. I am deep down inside. And that minimalist girl is trying to get out haha. And I am embracing her and doing my best to realize my true self. I have way too much stuff. This is just the beginning because I have so many more closets (in both homes) to go through. It will be an ongoing project for sure.

This weekend brings some winter storms and snow and ice so I think our beach getaway plans are foiled. Oh well. We will stay here and have a city adventure this weekend. It keeps getting colder and colder and next week well it's supposed to be super freezing. Brrrrrrrr. We have to get through this to get to Spring. Stay warm girls and to that end I am sending warm and loving (((hugs))) to each and everyone one of you.

Leaving you with a photo of the end of my cleanup/cleanout of the closet yesterday. Decided to try on one of my platinum wigs at the end of all that cleaning up and haha Tommy was like who is this platinum blonde? :lol:

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 7.05.16 AM.png
That's right. My T reads Jersey Girl.:kiss: I am both a Jersey girl and a Brooklyn girl.8)

Have a wonderful day girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Yasssss!

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 7.09.42 AM.png

:lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon lovlies!

I have been on a lovely skiing trip with the furbabies this morning. So so nice outside, I’ll post a picture in a separate post because I’m lazy and it is on my phone LOL.

Marcy, I have been trying to sneak-peak read up on your renovations. Your floors look absolutely amazing! You must be so thrilled! How is your head today and why are you not sleeping well?

Austina, no they don’t know what is wrong / has been wrong with little T. He simply gets very sick with a super high fever and though the roof CRP values. Antibiotics has no effect, no matter what kind of cocktails they try. And they do try, believe me. He has been in the best “hospital” in the country for weeks, and several tests/samples have been sent to other hospitals in other countries. Last time they didn’t even let us pay anything. So to sum it all up. He is the healthies little furbaby in all of Scandinavia. There is absolutely nothing wrong with him. Oh, and please can I come with you in your suitcase??

Missy, I love (!) the other mermaid dress you posted too! But perhaps the first one even more, the neckline is lovely on you! Good for you for cleaning out your closets! I try to do the same these days, because I’m still “unpacking” into the new part of the house, and we (read: I) have too much stuff. Even now with this big house I can’t fit everything in. LOL. Platinum looks good on you, but I do prefer your own colour for your skin. I actually do use that Japanese cleaning method, lol, my problem is that I like both vegetables and stuff and other stuff and and and… And the bills just keep coming back… LOL LOL LOL

Jimmianne, thank you from furbaby T! And the house is fantastic! Please come on over the next time you are in Europe! I do love that we have a lot more space now, and the fireplaces. I think we have five of them now. Let me check… yes, five. And the floors are heated with a “drill a super deep hole in the ground and get heat from there” system, so they are nice and comfy. But most of all. Space. Love space. (Have been living in a too-small house for too long, you must forgive me for repeating myself, lol). Reading books is not sluggish, please don’t say that, lol. I love reading in winter, especially in front of the fireplace with a nice hot chocolate to drink. Or red wine. Or coffee. Or all three..

Hugs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results