Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Callie. We will enjoy it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, oh no to getting so little sleep and having a headache, I'm sorry and I hope you felt ok during the day. I'm hoping you have a better night tonight. Your shopping trip with Greg sounds like fun and I hope you found some glasses you love. Your comment about the suburbs is very true, you can get away with not being outside in the cold for very long lol! Yes, looks like we are in for some snow this weekend...I don't think we're supposed to get too much here but who knows. Love the inspirational quotes and that gif is adorable.

@Calliecake, I'm happy you had a good experience at the wig shop and got some support and good advice from the people there. I'm sorry you're dealing with hair loss, but very glad you found something you feel comfortable in and I hope you love the ones that were ordered. How fun to go lighter in color, I love it and I'm sure it looks great on you! I really like the Mazda 6, I think it's definitely worth considering! I was very intimidated about going to the gym and put it off for a long time. I was an aerobics instructor in the 80's (don't laugh!!) so the classes feel familiar to me...even though it was a LONG time ago. Most of the moves are the same LOL. You can always try exercising at home too; it's convenient and private. I use Beachbody DVDs but there are lots of other ones available - and youtube has exercise videos too.

@Tekate, it's so great that Chris is so excited about his move to NYC, I'm happy for him, and you too! I am so sorry about your eye issues, it's disheartening that our eyes age along with the rest of us...I recently developed floaters...at first I thought I had something in my eye! Well, I guess I do, now that I think about it :???:

@av, it is chilly in your part of the world right now, stay warm! I'm glad work is going well for you and that you are starting the New Year on a good note. Your great-grandmother's necklace sounds beautiful :love: So nice to have such a special and historical piece!

@Sandeek, I am sending you lots of love and support...I'm so sorry to hear your recovery has been difficult. Please don't worry about bringing anybody down - we are here for you anytime you need to share how you're feeling, and to just vent if you need to! That's what friends are for. I so hope you turn a corner soon and start feeling noticably better. I'm glad being back at work is helping you feel a bit more normal. I'm keeping you in my thoughts, (((hugs))).

@marcy, the floors look amazing!!! :love: Really beautiful. The workmanship is great; they did a great job installing it. It would be fantastic if Marty could get some boards from the original lot, I can see where you would want extras. And good news about getting some money back! Glad you had a break from your annoying employee today.

Still working on the banking thing but I think I've got it straightened out for the most part. I got my car serviced and for some reason there was no charge for this first one, yay. The coffee maker they had there was very fancy-shmancy and made all different kinds of drinks with just one push of a button - and I noticed there were coffee beans at the top, I think the machine somehow grinds fresh coffee beans. It was delicious lol. My sales rep said it cost $9000? He has a dry sense of humor so I'm not sure if he was exaggerating but I believed him at the time lol. Definitely a step up from a Keurig ha!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls!

@junebug17 thanks sweetie. We had a lovely shopping trip. I got a pair of Rx glasses and Rx sunglasses. Not sure of the color of the Rx regular glasses (tortoise) because I wanted a cool tone color but they didn't have any shapes I liked on me in cool tones so I went with this pair. We will see how it looks with my alternate hair. I have been wearing glasses instead of contact lenses much of the time these past months and liking it. It makes me feel smart. :ugeek::lol:

Yay so glad you straightened most of that banking issue out. It can be frustrating dealing with matters like that. Woohoo on no service charge for your car. That's why I love dealing with our Lexus dealer. We get to bring Loofy in every six months no charge. And they just replaced our windshield because the windshield wiper sensors were not working correctly and no charge. Gotta love free. And that coffee sounds amazing. 9k? Wow hopefully he was joking but if he wasn't I am OK with my regular coffee. I think it's pretty good too. And more money saved for bling.;))

Ooh I did not realize you were an aerobics instructor in the 80s. I am impressed Junie.

@Sandeek loved your beautiful post and we are all here for you online and off. Whenever you want company one of us will be here and I am always reachable as you know offline. Sending you hugs, love and well wishes. You have a beautiful family and I know you are surrounded by love and that will get you through this challenging time. (((HUGS))). And never feel like you are a burden in any way. Most of us here have been through some challenges and though not exactly like what you are going through we can see how painful and challenging this is for you and we care about you and are here for you. Sometimes sharing is cathartic and you might remember that is the reason the NIRDI thread came to be...I needed to share the intimate painful details of what I was going through in 2014 and it helped me immensely sharing here. I do believe that sorrow shared is sorrow halved or at least lessened as well as joy shared is joy doubled or at least increased. You are going to get through this. Not a doubt in my mind. And always remember when you are going through hell just keep on going because life will be sweet again. And we are here for you good times and bad. Sometimes it is easier sharing with friends here than friends IRL and sometimes it is just a nice complement. That setting for your AVR is TDF gorgeous. Cannot wait to see the finished piece. Love David Klass's work. :love: I hope it is your dream ring. No one deserves it more than you.

@Tekate I am doing OK thanks for the good wishes. I hope your headache is gone and you are sleeping well. Sorry you are less than happy with your current eye doctor. You are wise to seek another opinion and I am a big believer in trusting your gut. Especially at our age Kate. Get your retina checked. If you notice any changes in your floaters or any flashes of light that would also be a reason to go back and get your retina checked. The sooner you catch a tear the better the prognosis. My dad and grandfather both had retinal tears (very nearsighted like me too) and we are prone to them due to our genetics. Generally if you catch it in time it can be fixed and you will be OK. Sending you healing vibes. Very exciting about Chris and his move here. And oh yes I would so much love to meet Danny's son this spring. Interesting about your family and what you wrote. Conservative jews are not generally religious and do not generally have lots of kids. The orthodox jews tend to have more kids. But the reformed and conservative are more like the general population and have around 2 kids or so. Or at least that is what I think. Enjoy your mild weather despite the rain. We are getting snow this weekend. Not too excited about that but I would be more excited if I knew for sure our leaking has been alleviated and the roof flashing fixed the issue. And yes college is super expensive and that reason alone would make me not want to have 5 kids but if they can afford it good for them.

@AV_ wow how wonderful your grandparents had such a warm loving and close marriage. I agree it is a special bond and a rare one too. I too know very few marriages like that and I don't take it for granted for one moment. Your life sounds pretty darned good and fun. How wonderful that you have your great grandmother's beaded necklace and cherish her memory. Enjoy your eventful week with work. I remember the best times when I was practicing in my field were the times I was fully engaged in what I was doing. I really loved my career and helping my patients. All of whom were physically and/or mentally challenged and the satisfaction I got from helping them was priceless. I truly feel like I got more from them than I could ever give back but I tried to do all I could to make their lives a bit better. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own lives we don't realize how lucky we are. You have your head on straight and you are a perceptive young woman and I am so glad you are here with us. Hope you stay warm this week.(((Hugs))).

@marcy wow the floors look beautiful. Relieved for you. I don't know why they messed up and couldn't get you the correct matching oak but it turned out great despite them. And glad they were good installers at leas and cleaned up well. You will be pleased to know that yes I cleaned Bubbalah before I left yesterday. Thanks for reminding me. You're a true pal. Glad your 2 worst employees were not at work yesterday and hope they aren't there today either. I hope you slept better last night. I did (about 5 hours interrupted though and I still need more sleep.
Hopefully tonight. Have a lovely day and congrats on your beautiful new oak floors.

@canuk-gal sending you hugs and love and hope all is well by you.

We had a successful trip yesterday and I got 2 pairs of glasses (Rx sunglasses and regular Rx glasses) and Greg got one pair. We should be receiving it within 2 weeks or so.

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 7.21.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 7.20.49 AM.png

Have a wonderful day girls and stay warm and cozy.:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Morning! love the frames Missy, looking forward to seeing them on you! As to Danny's wife's exhusband, I watch the guy on TV occassionally and I follow him on twitter as he and I are politially aligned, but he never wears a yamulke, but Anne had to convert to judaism. Which in reality makes my grandneice Jewish and her older sisters consider her Jewish :) But Anne thought they would continue to have children so not sure if conservative is what she said, maybe it was orthodox which makes way more sense. Oh and I think exhusband of Anne's can afford college easily, but he was IVY league and Stanford but then again he had legacy, but 5 x Standford x Yale :) hmm

I think since I've had the vitreous tears in both eyes I am more prone to a retinal tear. I liked my old optometrist, but since I have the glaucoma and the tears I thought it would just be easier to go to same practice, easy referral my my main GP :) love you girl. And Missy I have led a charmed adult life I must say and try to be appreciative of all the good things and people who've come my way, sometimes it's hard, I think sometimes it's true that the things we value most are those things/people that we just take for granted at times, like John the hubster, the guy is tops, seriously but I sometimes forget how wonderful he really is, been nicer to him lately!!! it's always good to sit back and take stock of all the luck, good fortune, gifts from a God, however one looks at it. xo (again) :)

@marcy the floors look wonderful, very warm and inviting, that is what I love about hardwood, it's warm. GREAT job by your contractors. My floors have started to blend in here in Maine after 3.5 years so eventually we get used to a bit of difference as it's going away! again your floors are awesome. Ugh my glasses are ugly so they are now my SPARE PAIR! :) thank you for commenting, when one can't see one does Make MISTAKES! :) ((MARCY)). oh and I'd put that annoying employee on a PIP.

@AV_ thank you dear lady! I do ramble.. I on and on.. I think it's awesome that everyone knows their history in your family!

@Calliecake Okay Callie I will give you kudos but remember I hold back here ;-) xoxo Callie I think ANY salesperson that disses the competition is a no goer unless it's such a deal you can't give it up, it is unprofessional to do this and to me - shows poor training. this is me of course but a lexus salesman once said to me that salespeople shouldn't diss the competition but should have a superior product :) it's sometimes hard to see because of all the gidgets and gadgets we have today fer sure tho.

@junebug17 yup those floaters.. they say you get used to them and I finally got used to one when I got the new one in my left eye that bugs the heck out of me now! :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Firstly I’d like to say that although I’m a relatively new NIRDI @Sandeek, I echo the others, that I don’t think anyone feels that sharing news, brings anyone down. A problem shared is a problem halved. I find it’s often easier to say things online and get it off your chest, than to worry those nearest and dearest to us. I don’t think you’re the object of pity to your colleagues, people care about you and don’t like to see, or think of you, suffering. You’re going through an horrendous time, and you’re being incredibly brave dealing with it. You’re ring will be amazing :love:

I’m glad your shopping experience was positive @Calliecake, my friend’s hair was darker than mine, but she’s gone blonde now, our skin tone changes (with age :cool2:) so I’m not surprised a lighter hair colour looks good on you. No help with the car, I’m afraid, these days our choices are based around something big enough for a large hairy dog. I have a Kia Sportage, I would like something with a bit more ‘go’ in it, but we do such little mileage these days. Have you thought about trying Pilates, I like it because it’s quite peaceful exercise, and I genuinely feel quite relaxed afterward, rather than half dead :eek2:

I can’t believe they thought you’d be happy with such a marked difference in the flooring @marcy. Thank goodness you had some spare that could be matched it. It looks really great now. I’m not surprised you needed a drink, what a hassle :lol: Yay to having a day off from your annoying work brats!

Ugh to banking problems @junebug17, hopefully you’ll get it all sorted out without further delays. What is it with banks, it’s your money afterall? Yikes at $9000, I’d expect it to have been the best coffee you ever tasted :lol: I only drink tea, none of the fancy ones, just ordinary black tea with milk. I’m a philistine, anything else is just too scented for me :mrgreen2:

How lovely to have a special piece from your great grandmother @AV_ it sounds pretty, and not something you’re likely to see someone else wearing.

I hope you slept better @missy and that your headache has finally subsided. Thankfully, of all the pain I’ve suffered, I’ve not been plagued with headaches. I certainly sympathise with the insomnia, I don’t think I’ve slept a full night since I was a child :shock: I love the new glasses, and I can see them suiting you very well. People always said I looked better in glasses, I liked to think it was a compliment, and not because it meant they saw less of my face :lol:

Your stories highlight that I’ve lived a very boring life @Tekate :bigsmile: I did tell a friend at Pilates that I was finally going to be a monster-in-law :lol: I will try my very best to be a good, kind and loving MIL, I think the fact that I’m the same age as Kim’s Mum will help. My MIL was old enough to be my grandmother, so we really didn’t have anything in common.

Hi @Jimmianne, how goes it there? It’s freeeeezing here, I imagine you’re having much the same weather as us, the cold front across Europe is causing chaos in some areas.

I spent a good part of the afternoon and evening trying to help a friend get her photos from Picasa into Google photos. It was a case of the blind leading the blind, but she’s even more of a Luddite than me. :lol-2: We did make some progress, but it’s not quite mission accomplished yet.

We’ve just got back from doing the weekly shop, it was actually hailing when we got back to the car!

Can’t believe how quickly this week has whizzed by, almost Friday already :-o

Big wave out to all the lovely NIRDIS :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate just a quick comment...if you have had complete vitreal detachments (I have) it actually makes you less prone to a retinal tear because the vitreous is totally detached and no longer pulling on the retina. Hope that makes sense.

I love your rambling as you call it but I think of it as sharing entertaining life stories and I love hearing what you have to share. You are rich in love and life experience and adventures and I always enjoy chatting with you. Your are correct, if mom is Jewish (converted to Judaism or born Jewish) the kids are considered to be Jewish.

Your hubster is great and yes you have a wonderful life and you deserve it girlie. XOXO.

@Austina haha...I think as I get older I look better in glasses because it hides more of my face.:P2 but I am quite sure that is not the case with you and your lovely face.:kiss2: Honestly wearing glasses takes away from the fact I am wearing no makeup. When I wear contact lenses I feel more vulnerable with my bare face if that makes sense. I am excited for your upcoming trip. Haha I live vicariously through you girls and your travels for now and it is perfect for me. I did sleep better thanks. Like you I have never really slept well. My mom said as a baby I never slept through the night and that continued into my young childhood and teens and adulthood.

I have to share this with you lovely ladies. LOL yup this sums it up for me.:lol:

overthinking.jpg.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Sandeek :shifty: What can I say! I am happy to hear that you wish THIS HARD for ilness to be over & done with - it is said to work. Of course it is right to be helped, and you are certainly making it easier on everyone - else. :clap: They do not need the easing as much as you do & know it. Not much to do but get well & :silenced: throw a party at the end too... (OK, that's how I deal with such bouts of embarassment & I owe one soon... - they call them 'Viva' :pray:)

@av, it is chilly in your part of the world right now, stay warm! ... Your great-grandmother's necklace sounds beautiful So nice to have such a special and historical piece!
This is too far south to ever get serious cold, but yes, I see the news... .(

How lovely to have a special piece from your great grandmother @AV_ it sounds pretty, and not something you’re likely to see someone else wearing.
True enough about the beads. I have not owned anything new as meaningful as these things & it is an interesting call of duty...

@AV_ Your life sounds pretty darned good and fun. ... I remember the best times when I was practicing in my field were the times I was fully engaged in what I was doing. I really loved my career and helping my patients.

Life - well, chaos is fun, especially in retrospect. Once or twice I might have wished (jokingly!) to not have gotten to the deep end of my field - then again, there was little temptation away from such things & by now, it all feels right...

(NIRDI - is fabulous! .)

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww ladies. Checking in during work today sincerely warmed my heart. You’re all so kind and caring. :kiss2:
Bad news. Now I have tested positive for C-Diff. I just can’t. Another hurdle. I will check in later again. I just wanted to take a minute to respond that I loved all of your messages and sentiments. Thank you from the bottom of my heart..
So disgusted right now. :cry2:

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Icing on the cake o_O:(2

@Sandeek Is it serious, given all else? Disgusting - sure enough...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JEEZ LOUISE @Sandeek I never pray because I always feel so selfish asking a higher power to help ME but girl I'm praying for you FACT. I am so sorry. I know they can cure it today, but hopefully you will not have to go that route and antibiotics work.. I fear this Sandeek..

No need to reply girl. I stand with you and I so hope this all get's cleared up. This is why I am on doxy instead of clindy because my ID doc thinks doxy isn't as good but less C-diff.. sending hugging vibes.

Aww ladies. Checking in during work today sincerely warmed my heart. You’re all so kind and caring. :kiss2:
Bad news. Now I have tested positive for C-Diff. I just can’t. Another hurdle. I will check in later again. I just wanted to take a minute to respond that I loved all of your messages and sentiments. Thank you from the bottom of my heart..
So disgusted right now. :cry2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AV_ it can be serious because it is hard to cure.. She is young and there is a cure today it's just something that we all hope we don't have to experience but a cure is a cure.

Hi AV :)

Icing on the cake o_O:(2

@Sandeek Is it serious, given all else? Disgusting - sure enough...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no I am so so sorry @Sandeek.:cry2: :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye: You cannot catch a break.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as we all are here and sending buckets and buckets of healing dust your way. (((Hugs))).

fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you Sandeek. We are here for you and you can tell us about anything you want. I think of it as NIRDI therapy.
101594.gif

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

Junebug, aren’t floaters kind of a pain? I swear mine have gotten better recently - maybe the were more obvious with the edema. Who knows? Thanks, I think those guys did a nice job with the installation. We didn’t hear a word today from the carpet place. If they don’t call tomorrow I may pay them a visit on Saturday. I am rather disappointed in them. Nice that your first maintenance was free on your car. My first Audi included all maintenance, the 2nd and 3rd I wasn’t that lucky. I think my Porsche dealer has that same coffee maker; I’ll ask in a few weeks how much it costs. I wish I liked coffee. Good luck with your banking issue.

Missy, I love your new glasses. They look great. I wore contacts for decades and sure don’t miss wearing them. I quit maybe 8 - 10 years ago because my eyes were so dry they kept sticking on my eyes. I am glad service on Loofy is free. You can’t beat that. We are getting snow tomorrow. Darn it’s still winter. Thanks, I think the floor looks good. Good deal you cleaned Bubbalah. Of course it doesn’t need any help looking gorgeous. i always tell Marty my diamond is ruined if it gets dirty. He offers to throw it out; he isn’t funny. I slept 5 hours too. Maybe tonight we’ll get up to 6 hours of sleep. Ha Ha - the over thought thing is really funny.

Kate, thank you. I agree wood floors are warm. I always wear slipper socks to bed because our bathroom floor is tile and I think it’s cold. That’s good to hear your floors are blending in; I am sure ours will with time too. It is always good to have spare pair of glasses. I think that employee is headed for a PIP. Pesky floaters.

Austina, I thought the same thing why would they think we’d be happy with something that didn’t match what we had already on the floor. I sure wish he’d gone downstairs and asked Marty before stapling all of that in place. We found a big chunk out of the wall by the den. I enjoyed a no brat day yesterday. Sweet. Darn that you don’t sleep all night. I think that ship has sailed for me too. I hope you and your friend figure out how to move her photos. Oh no to getting hail.

AV, glad you are living somewhere that doesn’t get very cold. I can’t say the same thing. Sentimental pieces of jewelry are the best.

Sandeek, I hate to hear about C-Diff. Hugs to you.

Not much new here today. Marty just caulked the trim and is putting little felted feet on everything. More progress.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you @Sandeek and sending buckets of healing dust. I’m so sorry to hear this. Hugs Sandeek

@marcy, Is your house all put back together now??? Have the new rugs arrived? Will they fix the part of the wall they damaged?

@junebug17 , You look like you could still be an aerobic instructor! Was this in the 80’s? I remember those days, wearing leotards to class with one of my friends. After our first or second class she told me to never let the guy I was dating see me exercise. She said just stand there in your leotard, don’t let him see you do any of this. LOL. Fun Times.

@missy, I looked at wig video’s for 2 hours tonight. I can see how this can easily become an addiction. Next thing you know there are 15 wigs on heads in your closet. I can just imagine my little niece’s face when she see’s wigs in my closet. I’m so excited my parents are getting a rescue dog this weekend. I can’t wait to meet the little furbaby.

@Austina I don’t think you need worry about ever being a Monster In Law. Kim is one a lucky girl. Are you excited to move to Austin? I have never been there but have worked with people who lived there and they loved it. It will be so nice to live near your son.

@Tekate , Your husband sounds like a great guy. I had enough excitement when I was a kid and in my twenties that I so appreciate a nice quiet life.

@av , How nice that you have a piece of jewelry from your grandmother.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ya know, you guys are the chatiest bunch. One blink and a week’s worth of news has rushed by in 24 hours.

Oh Sandeek, omg I am so sorry. This must be putting you at your wits end. I’m praying for you, and with you in spirit every day of this cr*p. Do you have a way of watching old comedies? A fellow named Norman Cousins wrote about their healing power on his immune system. Big ((((hugs)))).

Callie, so exciting that your parents are adopting a rescue. Please share some of the adventure with us.

June, I’m impressed too that you were an aerobics guru. You are a woman of many talents!

Missy, those frames rock. Face photos with new frames??? Pls? You are having so much fun with your style and your wigs. It is an inspiration,

Augustina, you stay warm. I think having a nice husband and a fluffy dog may help!
I am back un the states and it is bitter cold here too. No nice husband, but several fluffy dogs : )

Yesterday was the easiest trip yet. Zero lines at the various airport check points, and an only half full plane(!!!) no one sitting next to, in front of, or behind me. My own little first class experience lol
First things I did when I got home was open all the ring packages.
I am very happy with two, and here they are. I like the idea of collecting antique rings, even if they are not for daily wear.
Love the details. The signet ring reminds me of Cassie’s work.
Interestingly it was a man’s ring. It seems so delicate, but was a gift “to Carl” in 1934.
439FD82D-7A8F-4B92-A128-1007B9A30C4D.jpeg View attachment 669434
3D11A0DA-38D6-4FB2-A92D-06E5BC1535B1.jpeg 18B5FEB8-E41C-46CF-A57C-D002E2907C99.jpeg 958437EF-1579-4352-A1D1-393C50598BD9.jpeg

Waves, hi and love to everyone.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Off to the beach house soon so just a quick hello for now.

@Sandeek hope you had a decent night's sleep. I dreamt of you and it was a good dream so I am taking that as a positive sign for you. Sending more hugs and healing vibes your way.

@marcy yes it is nice not having to insert contact lenses every day and I feel like an intellectual in glasses haha I have everyone fooled when I wear them.:lol: Sorry you only slept 5 hours and then 6 hours but you are moving in the right direction at least. Hope you slept 7 or 8 hours last night. Weekend plans? Haha Marty is so funny. Throwing your diamond out. Tell him sure but then you need an even better one to replace it.:whistle:

Hello @Tekate how is the weather by you today? What are your plans for the weekend? Please tell your wonderful dh that I say hello. And thank him for taking such good care of you.

@AV_ yes in retrospect chaos can be fun but often it is not that much fun as one is going through it. In my older age I prefer calm and peace but rarely does life offer that so I guess we learn to enjoy what we have at the moment and what is unpleasant we do our best to get through so we can look back in hindsight with relief that we got through it...when going through hell just keep on going right? Would love to see a photo of your great grandmother's necklace if you would like to share it with us.

@Jimmianne yasss to a smooth trip and welcome home. Love the bling that was waiting for you there. :love: Beautiful work. Are you pleased? It's a nice way to come home isn't it? I did take a selfie when we were glasses shopping. Hmmm let me see if I can find it...here ya go.

rxsunglasseswb.jpg.png

Your turn now.:sun:

@Austina oh my to the hail. That is not pleasant. Hope the weather has calmed down. You're so right, the week has sped by. Soon you will be cruising...another exciting and fun adventure.

@Calliecake so pleased your mom and step dad are getting a new dog. So sorry for their loss. Glad you are enjoying the wig videos. I knew you would. LOL before you know it you will have as many alternative hair options as I do.:cheeky: Addiction indeed. The question for me is will I ever be brave enough to wear them out. As you know that new wig I got last night well I am not sure about. Greg likes it though so I'll keep it for that reason.

Leaving you all with a photo from right before bed last night when my newest alternative hair arrived.

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 6.27.29 AM.png

It's a platinum bob but the color is called light grey. Looks platinum though.

Have a lovely morning girls.:wavey:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Good morning, and I just told John and he said Hi Missy!! :) first I wanted to thank you so much on the info for retinal tear, I didn't know that, and that makes my worry a lot lighter, I had eye surgery to correct the narrow angle glaucoma but I do worry the holes will close up so I can still worry about that, but is 20 years ago this summer I had the laser surgery so I think I'm pretty much a okay.. thanks again Missy, coming from a professional you set my mind at ease ((Missy)). It's might mighty cold her this weekend, my big plans? making chili! bean/ground beef style not Texas Chili, while I like both, John and I had Texas Chili in Texas so we are in the great northeast so we've gone back to our favorite bean chili!!! Have fun at your beach house! are you guys due for rain/snow? as with all your new hairstyles Missy, I love this new hair, gorgeous! You guys have a wonderful weekend at the beach. xoxoxoxoxo

@Jimmianne welcome back girl. Love the rings, really they are spectacular, and I love your trip back experience, that is the best. I believe the weather down your way has been cold and windy? hope all is good at home.

@Austina Hi Austina, how goes your weather? we watch BBC America news every night (where we feel we are getting truthful American news to be honest). Europe has had a lot of deaths from avalanches! surprised me, I hope you are staying warm and dry! btw I love the KIA Sportage and it's on my list for the next SUV in our lives. Hope everyone in your family is doing well and are avoiding really bad weather too, I know Austin has had rain, but has been in the 70s I think Mike said. :) Where are you cruising to? I know you've said somewhere but I missed it. sorry :( if you don't see this, have a brilliant spectcular time! wish I were you.. love cruising.

@Calliecake it's wonderfull to read about your parents adopting a rescue, our Salley is a rescue from a Georgia kill facility.. we were advised to not have her with other dogs, kids, and cats, well she loves kids, dogs and cats sorta :) sometimes these dogs are so abused or neglected that they aren't sociable right away. My grandniece sent Salley a Christmas card she made at school! I'll try to attach a pix but it's in my phone and I aways have a hard time going from phone to computer, I will bet your niece will love your wigs! she will think you are a cooler than cool Aunt! (always what I have strived for!).. have a great weekend Callie!

@marcy Hi! rugs here and in? I may have missed that.. again I love the floors! I always found that unless a person loves the job a PIP usually sent them on their way, often times trying to correct a good technical/worker employee for attitude but not necessarily 'work' really bugs people. :) One must OUTSTANDING to be disruptive and employable. Have a great weekend! don't think about work (yeah right)... enjoy those floors!

@junebug17 Hi June. Have a wonderful weekend.!

@canuk-gal Have a great weekend Sharon!

@AV_ have great weekend, glad to read your weather is holding better than central Europe!

Happy Weekend to all!

Kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake just remembered the pix! here it is, I whited my 5 yr old grandniece's name out because I didn't ask my nephew if I could use her name. She spelled Salley - Soli :) My sister was good at art, my niece, grandniece and her sisters all love to draw - with my niece Kate being truly spectacular! I'll go see if I can find a pix of Katie's artwork.

salleyand.jpg

Here's something my niece did.. she's really quite brilliant, but alas many people are, she does lots of things, she is big into jewlery making right now, just starting.. her pieces are good I think il_570xN.770596014_8vd7.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the mentioning!

I can report that the first full week of the year has been as overwhelming as expected. It is good to have learned the hard way that I can wind down (it was not clear back in November, by all means!) & start again too - who knew...

@Jimmianne I am taking up your idea of setting up a proper welcome in the future to take the edge of it. Funny to see wishes written down & accounted for; then again, my idea of an impulse buy is a few months of happy wafting.

@AV_ In my older age I prefer calm and peace ...
Would love to see a photo of your great grandmother's necklace if you would like to share it with us.
Indeed. I've ever went for wherever peace were since I can remember & this is not changing with age; just as well - if I got more into it I'd have to move to the desert.

The respective beads are part of a costume & it is somewhat of a miracle that any such things have survived Hell - not once. These things tend to make sense where they come from more than anyone else, but then, the bluze is heading to a public collection & need to say 'Farewell', somehow - will shoot & post one of these days.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, love your new glasses! You look so great in the ones you posted. And I love the color and length of your new wig :love:LOL to that joke! I think Demitri Martin is so funny. How great you aren't charged for service appointments, that is such a savings. I have a feeling mine was a one-time thing, but that's ok, I'll take it. :P2

@Austina, I am just so excited for you about Adam's upcoming marriage! It's events like this that make life so special and enjoyable. So nice of you to help your friend with her photos - some of this technology can be really hard to figure out. :???:

@Sandeek, I'm really sorry about this latest setback and I'm keeping you in my thoughts - hang in there and take it one day at a time, so hoping you respond quickly to treatment. (((Hugs)))

@marcy, yes, these floaters are so annoying! I think I'm getting used to them, but I still notice them on occasion - and if I look for them I have no trouble finding them. :knockout: I'm so glad yours seem to be a little better, so great! Yes, it was a nice surprise to not be charged but I have a feeling it won't happen again lol. Too funny you have the same coffee maker at your dealership! I have to say, that yummy coffee made my wait much more pleasant haha. You must be really enjoying your beautiful new floors so much - they are just so pretty.

@Calliecake, oh yeah, it was in the '80's! I was in my mid 20's - Legwarmers, headbands, spandex leotards, the whole 9 yards. It was actually a lot of fun - aerobics was the hot new thing and all of the instructors had a great time. It's not even called aerobics anymore haha! How exciting your parents are getting a new furbaby, have fun meeting him! Sounds like wig buying can definitely become addicting, there are so many colors and styles to choose from.

@Jimmianne, wow, both those rings are beautiful! :love: You really did find some hidden treasures. The details on the signet ring are pretty amazing. And the carved ring looks fabulous. I adore antique rings, they have so much charm and old world beauty. And you know, now that you mention it, I have several vintage rings that I don't wear but just enjoy looking at. But you should definitely wear these!! I am so happy you had a smooth trip home, and yay to having lots of

@Tekate, I can tell your John is a sweetheart just from what you've shared about him on this thread! I hear you on appreciating life and what we have...life can be challenging but there is so much to be grateful for too. Bean chili sounds SO good, I'm getting hungry thinking about it lol. Your grandniece's drawing is really adorable! And wow, your niece's artwork is truly amazing, she is so talented.

@av, sending good thoughts to you as you finish up your first week of returning to work - I'm so glad you took some time to rest and relax. I think it's beneficial to our well-being to take some time to refresh ourselves.

Dh had a few appointments today so he worked from home...and he gave me a hand with the banking issue too. Not much going on this weekend, ds will probably stop by and we'll treat him to some kind of meal haha!

take care! <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's! I am speed posting since it's 11 pm here. Thank you all for the kind words about our floor.

Callie, we got most of the den put back together tonight. Woo hoo! We are picking up the area rugs tomorrow and the carpet will get installed on Monday. Marty will patch the chunk out of the wall. I can totally see how wig shopping can be addictive. What a quick and easy way to change your appearance.

Jimmianne, glad you had such a pleasant trip home. Great new collection of rings you had waiting for you. Rest up.

Missy, I love your new glasses and you wigs just amaze me how much they change your appearance. I still only slept about 5 hours and tonight looks bleak since I am up so late. Maybe I can sleep in. Did you fair any better than I did?

Kate, it sounds like a perfect weekend to make chili. I cooked a roast in the crock pot today. The area rugs are ready to pick up so we'll get them tomorrow. I lucked out that a lady at work wanted our large one so she and her son came by and picked it up tonight. My sister is taking the medium rug and 2 small ones on Sunday. I love being able to find new homes for things. i have had more successful PIP's than failures. This girl is passive aggressive, plays the victim card, she's negative, bossy, and believes she is the kindest, smartest person in the world. Not looking forward to my chat with her. She hears only what she wants to hear. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The picture from your grandniece is priceless. When my 2 year old niece first met Marty she scribbled some stuff on a piece and paper and handed it to him. He said thank you and what does it say? She gets this really sad look on her face and in a very quiet voice replied "I can't read." He felt so bad. We tell her that story a lot.

Junebug, I have worse floaters in my left eye and sure notice it when I am looking at reports at work. I will let you know how much my 20,000 mile service costs. I'll ask for a discount since I only have 16,000 miles. :lol: Nice that your DH got to work from home today. Enjoy having your DS stop by this weekend.

Marty did get the trim painted today so we worked on putting the den back together. Poor Marty ended up scratching up the new floor. One of our bookcases had one of it's feet come off or the felt on it or something and he got a long scractch on the floor. Most of it is under the bookcase but I can see about 3 inches in front of it. Darn. But woo hoo - it wasn't me. :D We still need to get the recliner and computer chair back in there but everything else is put back. Tomorrow we'll get the new area rugs put out and the I need to pack up stuff from the closet and our bedroom. I don't have hardly anything in the bedroom and have moved quite a bit of the things that are low in our closet. I also have to brew up cookies this weekend for Sunday. My sisters and BIL are coming to town. We are all going to dinner then come back here for dessert and to visit.

A good friend of mine is pretty sick with a sinus infection. We met for lunch Thursday and she barely talked. I felt like I was digging stories out of my butt to keep the conversation going. She apologized to me today and said she was listening to me so I should give her a pop quiz. So naturally I asked her "what kind of soda does Marcy like when she has a stomach ache." Poor girl didn't get it. I thought I was funny.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Caturday Saturday.
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

@junebug17 nice that your dh got to work from home yesterday and was also able to help you our re the banking issue. Hope that your DS does stop by and yumm to going out for dinner with him. And sweet that he gets treated to a free meal too. Enjoy and stay warm. It is 11 degrees wind chill out there right now. Brrrrr.
east%20coast%20psers.gif

@Tekate wow both your grandniece and your niece Katie's artwork is just lovely. :love: Thank you for sharing it with us. I LOVE both. I cannot wait to see Katie's jewelry. She does have talent. :appl:I love bean chili but since I cannot eat beans now I do miss it. So hearty and filling and warming on a freezing day like today. Now I am longing for chili at just a little after 7 AM lol. Glad my info put your mind at ease and I am always here for you. (((Hugs))). What are your plans this weekend? We are going shopping today as I need a black tie affair dress for the Natural Museum shindig in less than 7 weeks. It came around quite quickly this time. Thank you and we are enjoying being here. It might be the last weekend for a while as I have some appointments coming up in the city and then a friend is visiting me last weekend in January and we have a show to go to so no beach for a while after this weekend. :(( Hope you and John enjoy a wonderful and cozy warm weekend.

@AV_ yes as we get older we manage to absorb hard earned lessons. Sorry your first week back was overwhelming as expected but glad you realize you don't have to do it all right away and yes take a step back when you need to and re-evaulate and start again as necessary. Peace is a very worthwhile goal and one we will always be striving for....peace and harmony and love and acceptance and compassion. Hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend.

@marcy oh no to marty scratching your new floor. He can fix that (but I am sure you guys know that). He can fill, re-sand and re-stain (according to Greg). We have had to do that a number of times. Glad you got most of the den put back together already. Good luck with the bedroom and closet and hope that goes smoothly. Enjoy your sisters and BIL's visit this weekend and yumm to baking. Lucky sisters and BIL. Hope your friend with the sinus infection is feeling better. I don't love carrying the entire conversation. It is a lot of work. I can be chatty but I need someone to be a partner in my chattiness if you kwim. Though if I have to I can carry the convo just like you did. Anyway I am sure she was listening but just missed your fave soda when your tummy hurts. Mine (when I used to drink soda 46 years ago was the last I remember haha) used to be Sarsaparilla. And was also the name of my first bike which was a purple princess bike with flowers painted on her. What I imagine Sarsaparilla would look like if it was in bike form.:lol: Is yours gingerale? (just a wild guess and sorry if I missed it too lol).

I did sleep better last night thanks Marcy. But I am still waking every hour and a half so I never enjoy an uninterrupted sleep. Hope you managed to get a good night's sleep despite going to bed late last night. When I go to bed later than usual I end up generally sleeping not well at all. My friends don't understand that I need to be home relatively early so it doesn't mess up my sleep which is already messed up but it's just the way it is.

@Sandeek honey I am thinking of you and this new challenge you are dealing with. And sending you so many bucketloads of good luck and healing dust. You are way overdue for some good news. Just want you to know we are really sending as much good energy your way as we can and hoping and praying you turn a corner and start your true and full recovery. (((HUGS))) and love and more (((Hugs))).

@Calliecake ooh your new sister P is so precious. What an adorable sweetie she is. Congrats again. And isn't it nice having your guy around so much of the time? :appl:

Yesterday we had a productive day at the beach. Got here early morning and I worked out and then we went and took care of errands. Costco, Whole Foods and then made a trip to the outdoor outlets because I wanted to snag some more of those sweaters I bought last week. And they still had some in my size sweet. So I bought duplicates and also 2 new colors woohoo. Score. I will keep the duplicates here and the new colors come home with me to NYC.

Today Greg is heading to get more lumber to continue his mid-century modern blue tooth speaker project for the beach house kitchen and then we are heading to the indoor outlets for my dressy dress search. Men have it so much easier with black tie affairs. Greg has a couple of beautiful tuxes that are still stylish that he can easily wear. I don't love trying on clothes when it is so cold out and we have our winter gear with us but I need to find something and the affair will be here before we know it. When we get back to NYC I will also shop in my closet. I can sometimes find good things that way too lol. And despite cleaning out 3 closets I still have a lot more clothes to sort through as we have lots of (well I have lots of) closets in our Brooklyn home.

I hope everyone has a lovely Caturday Saturday and see you later.:wavey:

In honor of Caturday Saturday leaving you with a photo of HRH from yesterday morning's car ride to the beach house. As you might remember the princess sits on my lap the whole way since in her carrier she is more prone to car sickness.

Screen Shot 2019-01-12 at 7.16.58 AM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pop quiz. Omg had to read that paragraph four times. You need smarter workers AND smarter NIRDI friends.
Hear you about Marty and the floor...DD backed into a stone wall with my new car and broke a taillight. I managed to remain cheerful and told her thank you for being the first to ding the car, cause we knew it would happen sooner or later, and glad it was not me!

Missy, after my facelift I’ll post photos lol, meanwhile, much more interested in seeing your amazing transformations with wigs and glasses.

AV, yes, giving oneself presents in the future is fun. Even sometimes making the bed up just perfectly for the next sleep and you say thank you to yourself when you go to bed.
Thinking ...how nice that someone is taking care of me! Lol

Hi June, nice to be thinking of feeding ds. I hope he is doing well.

Tekate, both art pieces are very nice! I tried counting all the legs on the animal, but not sure yet of the total : ) interesting young artist. And the bird...beautiful Looks like it has been dipped in Klimt! :love:

Eat you heart out guys, haha ...such super finger coverage!
My last but not least eBay impulse puchase... did I mention great finger coverage? Um...maybe it’s a scarf ring.
:lol-2:
17832BB3-D845-469B-A5E9-D850CD7B82A4.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, after my facelift I’ll post photos lol, meanwhile, much more interested in seeing your amazing transformations with wigs and glasses.

Hahaha OK fair enough...though you are a beautiful woman @Jimmianne. I understand completely.:kiss:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Katie has been rocking.. but with the holidays she's been going around the city with her Dad. thank you for your very kind words Missy, means a ton to me it really does. I'm glad you slept better and sometimes I think as we age we wake up more, I remember as a teen my mother screaming at me to wake up! today if the heater blower comes on all night it always wakes me up :( Hope you can get another weekend in at the beach Missy but if you can't, gear up for next year... thing about winter is, spring always comes! (we hope anyway, weather changes etc).. (((MISSY))))! Girl I don't think there is a dress out-there! that you wouldn't rock.. seriously.. you always look so gorgeous! I know that feeling of shopping in a closet, I recently found a pair of gloves I didn't even remember I had! so much for me getting a new pair.

@junebug17 how was the dinner? today our high up in New England was 21.. walked the dog and froze my fingers off.. But the dog has to walk. I HaTE my floaters but as pieces of my vitreous tore off the back of my eye they came a floating, one actually blurs my vision for a second.. old age hate it but glad I'm here and not somewhere else. Hope your floaters are okay.

@marcy I hear you about the scratch, it can be fixed as Missy said.. our dog has ruined our wood floors here, we figured we will just have them re-done when we sell, I don't want to keep sanding the floors down, my Dad used to do it every few years growing up and then he put in carpeting in every room, got tired of fixing them he said. I missed the hardwoods. Hope your family visit is going happily along! we are alone and cold here! but spring is coming (John says this about 40x a day so I'm picking it up!) Great solution to the rugs Marcy!! always wonderful to recycle and resuse!.

Hopefully Marcy when you give her the PIP she will take it to heart. I was never a good motivator for people, my problem in management was that I woud do it all because I wanted things done my way, and that is bad management, I was much MUCH better as a PA, program administrator, but it was closer to being a personal assistant imho, I was the power behind the throne rather than the throne ;-) your employee sounds as though she has a very good manager.. I can't think of anything else to do to motivate her, sometimes I would give pains in the butt special assignments... if I could.. management is hard.

Sinus infections! I had my first one after I had kids, kids are always sick.. I felt like somebody hit me in the face with a bat, hurt like heck and the headache.. but antibiotics did clear up but this was 25 years ago, today antibiotics don't seem to work as well, as for a talker, I probably would not have even noticed my G/F wasn't talking.. ((Marcy))

@Jimmianne glad you are home and happy, do you have trouble with time changes? I do. ugh. Is that a rose cut diamond in the middle of your new ring, it's beautiful, I love your taste. Hey remember Pop Quizzes? they were the bane of my high ugh ugh ugh.

Yes I'm not sure my 5 yr old grandniece counted the legs! and obviously her teacher wrote in the words they she said about 'Soli' but that little one loves to draw.. and the bird was hand drawn by Kate but the colored feather thingy is paper, I know this because she gave me one of these, she sells them when she can.. she's very good, but as I said a lot of people are very good, she makes more money writing for online magazines etc. thanks for your kind words, love my nieces!

Hey I like your attitude on the ding of your new car.. I was hit in 4 cars in Austin over the years, mine, John's, Mike's and Christopher's car. truth.. truth too that I told John that I was going to get hit in his and by a truck and it Happened! abeit a pickup truck not a tractor trailor.. Austin is scary for driving..

@AV_ sorry the first week of the new year was overwhelming but hopefully the next week will be better.

And here's to Happy Wafting! I try it all the time.

sending big hugs everyone's way.. DC due for snow tonight! my brother and his wife live in Alexandria and they are having a snow party.. pizza and beer! they invited us but we declined as I'm not DRIVING 7 hrs for snow. :)

John bought me a new kindle as my old one won't hold a battery charge very long, We bought a generator for the house and it was finally all hooked up (we will have to wait till spring to buy to have the gas line buried).. so for the last 3 days John keeps saying, he's such a funny guy :) when's the electricity going to go out?!!!! I'm said I hoped we never had to use it. The only time the electricity went out for days was a time I was down in CT and he was up here alone, we only have one car, so after that his main topic has been, A GENERATOR! he's happy so I'm happy and hope we never have to use it.

Sending you all good vibes too!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so excited I’m about to burst with pure joy. There will be a new baby in our family tonight or early tomorrow. It’s hard being away from my niece but she just texted that she is doing well despite it being a crazy day. She said it looks like it will be a little while before her daughter makes her debut. They are giving her medicine to speed things up. My parents got a rescue furbaby yesterday. She is 7 years old and the sweetest dog. We all fell instantly in love with her.

@Tekate , The picture of the bird is BEAUTIFUL. Your niece is VERY talented. Do you have any of her art work framed? What type of jewelry is she making? Your grandniece definitely got the artist gene. How sweet that she sent Sailey a Christmas drawing. I’m way to old for my little niece to think I’m cool. I’m just thrilled she gets excited to see me. Please, please don’t drive while in Austin!

@junebug17 , Leg warmers and headbands LOL. Remember the permed hair and weekly can of hair spray? I swear I’m brain damaged from the hair spray fumes I inhaled in my 20’s. I remember they always played Olivia Newton John’s “Physical” in every class and people asked if they were going to start using newer music because that song had been popular a couple years earlier. A couple years seemed like a long time back then. Now songs from two decades ago don’t seem that old. Have a fun time going to dinner with your husband and son. Is he liking his new apartment? How is your daughter’s teaching going.

@missy , I hope you had a good day today. Did you find a dress??? I have the same problem with actually walking outside wearing the wig. I haven’t even graduated to wearing it in the house yet. I had to laugh, one of the news commentators hair style looks exactly like the wig I purchased. I notice hair so much more than I ever did before. My guy being home is working out well with the exception of I’m not sure this person really is my husband. He bought a new vacuum early this week. Two days ago I came home and found he bought a lot of dusters and cleaning gadgets. Yesterday a box arrived with an attachment he ordered for the new vacuum. I looked at him and asked where my real husband is? The one who hasn’t wiped down a countertop in 28 years LOL.

Oh @marcy, I feel bad for poor Marty. I’m sorry about the scratch. You sounded exactly like my husband when I dropped the iron on our hardwood floor a week after moving in. I felt like I was watching it fall in slow motion. DH was just glad he didn’t do it! The story with your little niece is so cute. A few weeks ago I showed my little niece a video on my phone of her as a baby. You can hear me in the back ground telling her how much I love her. She watched the video and said she was a baby in the video and didn’t talk but she wanted me to know she remembered she was trying to tell me she loves me the most. Have fun with your sister and BIL today,

@Austina, I’m with Junie about this being such a happy time in your life. I look forward to hearing about their wedding plans. I hope you are having a great weekend. Please be careful driving while in Austin! After @Tekate’s stories of driving there I want to wrap you bubble wrap while you are there.

@av , I’m sorry work has been overwhelming. It’s no fun feeling stressed out. Hoping next week is a happier week at work.

@Jimmianne, Welcome home! How fun to come home and have packages waiting to be opened. I love antique rings. The rings are beautiful. I also love the dainty band you are wearing with the new rings. I’ve had more than a few new cars get hit shortly after I purchased them. Two were in shopping mall parking lots. My husband said it was a sign I need to stay away from all malls.

Thank you for reading my babbling.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake !!! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

No news could ever be better. Thank you... & best of wishes & fingers crossed!

@Jimmianne I do it too; taking care of house does feel that way. You know me!

@missy Yes, I am curious as politely possible regarding the matter of the dress. The best idea I ever had for myself was some black suit or other & managed a couple of epic flunks (deflected by straight-faced 'see no evil', yet...)

-

Last morning I had just started pecking at T(hesis) when my good old tablet quit on me. No service. No backup. Nowhere to turn. So here I was, writing on paper - for the first time since I can't say. It is - quiet all of a sudden! Good this. Had forgotten how it is done.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

This moving stuff around, cleaning, throwing out stuff is hard work. We did pick up our area rugs and they look fabulous.
Here is the den
upload_2019-1-12_21-1-51.png
Here is the entry way - note our trim and doors are white so my photos turned out a bit yellow - it's our lighting in here
upload_2019-1-12_21-2-39.png
And the living room
upload_2019-1-12_21-3-29.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results