carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fridge thoughts continued...
Our friends Jeanette and Les recommended their brand of fridge since she thinks it would fit exactly in the Subzero spot we have our current fridge in but I would run into the same problem, re authorized repairman as in hardly anyone is authorized in this top notch brand. Liebhier Refrigerator.

For those of you who kindly inquired about the Subzero fridge in a nutshell we don't know as we are at our beach house and the subzero is back in NY but my good friend Maureen will be back home Monday (and she lives in our building in NY) so she will check for us as we are each other's person in case of home emergency i.e. we have each others keys and backs. There isn't much she can do if we find out it isn't working tomorrow but at least I will be mentally prepared haha. I might just stay here at the beach the entire week if she tells us it isn't working and let Greg go back and deal with it. I will see how mentally strong I am feeling come tomorrow because as we all know dealing with repairmen and getting appointments and things fixed can be near impossible at times. Especially when there is now exactly one authorized dealer in all of NYC to fix this thing.

The refrigerator repair company I called that sent a man who came to us Thursday morning to look at it is not an authorized dealer but at least they were willing to come same day and the man they sent (he looked about 12 literally lol) seemed competent but as we know these things have a mind of their own and will do what they do and we will just have to wait and see what actually happens.

Our repairman from Thursday morning (haha doesn't he look young?) graciously allowed me to take his photo and said it is OK to share here. Am I just so old that everyone looks young or does he look really young?

subzerorepairman.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Labor day weekend continued...

We had gorgeous weather Thursday and Friday and even much of Saturday so yay cycling but last night at our friends Bob and Kristy's party (haha that's right same name as our Kristie and her dh here just spelled differently) it was so stormy. We started outdoors and moved indoors (very reluctantly on Kristy's part because there were so many people but the winds were whipping and even with a few tents covering us somewhat we were all getting soaked. But it was a great party and I had fun and stayed later than I usually like to stay.

Cycling from this weekend with our friends. Really gorgeous bright sunny cool weather till yesterday when it became much cooler and then of course remnants of Harvey came here. Thinking of all the people affected by Harvey and sending more good thoughts their way.

missyandgregandlesandjeanette.jpg

and a quick 2 photos from the party last night. It was raining and very windy here when the party started though it was somewhat bright out still but right after this photo it started pouring and we all moved inside. Poor Kristie.
Greg's shirt had gotten pretty wet at this point and you can see some of that in these photos. I was slightly wet myself but luckily the print hides the water spots haha. I was also FREEZING here and thank goodness we moved inside shortly after. Brrrrrr hello Autumn.

missyandgregseptember2017varcparty.jpg

missyandgregvarcpartysept2017.jpg

OK so that is enough from me today and my multiple posts. Bad computer! We might have to go to the Apple store today as I think I need a new laptop but I loathe to go to the Apple store during Labor day weekend so I might delay that visit. But my computer is misbehaving more and more lately so I have to do this sooner than later. I LOVE my apple.

Enjoy this Labor Day Sunday girls!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis! Yikes, I find myself very far behind and I will do my best to catch up...

Missy, sorry about losing your post, I hate when that happens! Also sorry your computer doesn't seem to be working right, sometimes they can be repaired so that might be an option for you. So glad you had a good weekend and had fun getting together with friends. So glad you've been able to get lots of cycling in. Love the pics of you and Greg, you both look so great and I really love your dress! Sorry about the aggravation with repairs and appointments, it really is a pain. And yes, that repairman looks very young! It's not just you lol.

Such a sweet pic of the feral kitty, he's so cute...yeah, felt a little tug at my heart...but I'm sure he has a a little nook to go to, these kitties are smart and resourceful. And they won't go hungry or thirsty thanks to you and Greg! :appl:

CJ, I meant every word of it and I am worried about the kitty but I'm worried about you too! I'll bet the stress of the situation has exhausted you and I hope you allowed yourself to rest and relax a little this weekend. Sending love and hugs to you. I wish I could do more to help you.

PierreBear, sounds like you will learn a lot in this class! I think it's great that you are challenging yourself a bit. Try not to feel intimidated, you are there to learn after all...and yes, you can't go wrong with things that have lots of sugar and butter in them lol! Both those OECs are beautiful, this is very exciting and I can't wait to hear what you think. I really can't haha! I'm going to refrain from giving an opinion because I don't want to influence your decision and a lot of this comes down to personal preference...and it's really hard to tell anything from a static picture. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either one! Thank you for your nice words, it's been good to get away for a few days. I'm so sorry about your co-worker, it's just terrible to have to deal with a serious illness, especially while caring for an elderly parent as well. I helped care for my mother, and it was very hard and I was healthy. I hope she has some help and support to get her through this.

Austina, I understand how you're feeling about your ds leaving, sending hugs and comfort to you.

Sharon, so sorry the knee is still giving you problems. I'd be the same way - feeling better and assuming all is well, and jumping back into things. I hope resting it this weekend helps and I'm sending lots of good thoughts you are back to your usual routine very soon.

Jaaron, I'm sorry you've had a stressful summer...I can relate, mine hasn't been exactly relaxing and here's hoping things calm down soon for the both of us :pray: Welcome back, it's great to hear from you!

Marcy, I am so sorry to read about the issues you're having with your employees at work...keep in mind retirement is always an option! I'm just kidding, I know you like working in spite of all the aggravation. I hope things start going more smoothly. I'm glad you're getting a break with the long weekend and I hope you can rest and recover from your stressful week. Sounds like you got a lot done so now you can take it easy, yay! Lol to Marty messing up your clean kitchen - I can empathize, both my dh and ds are not good at cleaning up after themselves, grrr.

LLJsmom, I'm really sorry about the hair loss, I wish I could help but you've gotten some good suggestions from others.

Calliecake, hi I have been thinking of you and your relative with health issues and I hope you and your family are doing ok.

Scandi, I hope you're having some luck finding new contractors, so sorry about that situation, I know it's very stressful. Love the pic of your furbabies at the cabin! Such a cozy and pretty space, I wish I was there lol! LOVE the corner fireplace, beautiful! Love the pics of that sweet puppy too, she is just too cute.

Ok, I know I missed some things but I did my best! Dh and I are going back to NJ today - it was nice to get away and the weather was warm and sunny while we were here. I'm finding it hard to relax with everything on my mind though. And I did a lot of stress eating while I've been here so now I feel pretty gross :knockout: Looking forward to seeing my cat and watching the final episode of Twin Peaks with ds.

I am thinking of you all and hoping everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

PierreBear, please check in with your thoughts! :kiss2::saint::D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie I'm glad you had a lovely weekend in SC and please don't worry too much. It will all work out and as we all know worrying won't make it any better. If but it could because we know I'm one of the nirdi queens of worrying. Lol. One day at a time. I hope things go smoothly upon your return today and this week goes well and that you receive only good news. To that end sending lots of good luck dust your way!!! It's clearing up here and will be a lovely afternoon and beautiful weather day Monday so you have that to look forward to upon your return. (((Hugs)))

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Back home and at work. The contractor who was supposed to show up this morning cancelled late last night. Double booked. New scheduled meeting Wednesday. Not sure if that is a bad sign...
Oh well. Have to work now! Just wanted to wish you all a good morning!

Missy, how did it go with the Subzero?

June, come on over :) We can do a NIRDI mountain holiday :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Happy Labor Day Monday! Off for a Labor Day ride in a little while but just wanted to check in and wish everyone a happy holiday and for those not celebrating Labor Day have a good Monday too.

Scandi thanks for asking...we are still at the beach so I have no clue if the Subzero is working or not. I will contact my friend later to see if she is back in NYC and remind her to check the fridge. I am apprehensive but well it is just a fridge so I guess the worst it will be is a lot of spoiled food and a bit of aggravation while seeing if we can get it fixed or if we need to figure out a new fridge situation for us. I wish we didn't have a completely custom kitchen in Brooklyn because it will be challenging to fit something new in that very specific space. Fingers crossed we won't have to deal with that issue at least for now.

I am sorry the contractor canceled the first meeting you had set up with him. That doesn't bear well at all and I would tread carefully with him if you decide to give him a second chance. It is frustrating. Why do we have to beg to give our money to someone to do honest work?

Good luck and keep us posted.

Have a great day girls. (((Hugs))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

I've had trouble accessing the site :???:

Oh no @canuk-gal I'm so sorry your knee is being a royal pain, I hope you've managed to enjoy your weekend with guests, and rested up.

Arrrggghhhh @Scandinavian what is it with contractors being unreliable? I hope you've managed to sort something out so you can get on with the work. T looks like a bundle of mischief :lol:

I hope you've managed to have some downtime this weekend @marcy, sounds like you've accomplished quite a bit!

Thank you for asking @Calliecake DS's home is fine, they did get some rain in Austin, but nothing that caused any problems. Where do you think you might move to when your DH retires? I laugh when friends talk about their children living far away, I remind them at least they're on the same continent and time zone :D

I'm sorry I like the cheaper one @PierreBear don't take any notice of my choice, I know you will make your decision based on what's right for you, and we're all looking forward to seeing the finished ring, it'll be a wowser!

Sorry to hear you've not really decompressed over your weekend @junebug17 , continued good thoughts that everything will be settled soon with no more stresses or problems, I'm sending a big hug right back at you.

Good grief, the repair guy DOES look like he's 12 @missy :eek2: I hope your friend has good news for you when she checks in on your place. Sounds like you've had fun this weekend with your friends, I hope you're feeling well.

Having had most menopause symptoms, I at least got a break, and so far haven't had a problem with hair loss, so can't offer any advice I'm afraid @LLJsmom :( Hopefully the ladies suggestions will prove valuable to you.

We've had lots of rain this weekend, it feels like summer is well and truly over. We've seen 2 shows, Islands in the Stream, on Friday, with 'Dolly' and 'Kenny' and Nights on Broadway yesterday, with the 'BeeGees'. Both were fun, but we're shattered, too old to be out gallivanting 2 nights out of 3 :lol:

Yay, Pilates starts back tomorrow after the summer break, I'm sure I'll be aching all over after the class, but I really enjoy it so am looking forward to it.

Sorry if I've missed anyone, but hope you've all had a great weekend :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, did you get your vacuuming done. I was telling Marty we need a new vacuum. We have a Kenmore but the one lady that cleans for us brings her own Oreck and I sure notice a difference between when she vacuums and when the other lady vacuums with ours.
I hope your friend found your fridge running and you don’t have any more issues with it.
Fabulous pictures from the weekend. I am glad you got in some cycling and enjoyed visiting with friends.
Oh no that you might need a new laptop. I never mind getting something new from Apple but the lines are usually bad. We had a Simply Mac here in town now that is an authorized Apple dealer so I can go there. It’s never busy so I always worry the store will close.

Junebug, I hope you’ve relaxed some this weekend. I have enjoyed being mostly lazy this weekend. I read another book and made a small batch of cookies this afternoon.
Enjoy catching up with Zoe and watching Twin Peaks with your DS.

Scandi, I said “aargh” for you when I read about the contractor cancelling on you. I hope that gets worked out this week.

Austina, what is the time difference between you and your son - 7 hours? That makes it rough.
I did have some downtime this weekend, thanks. I read a lot! One of my favorite things to do.
It sounds like you had some fun nights out. Were the shows good?
Enjoy getting back to Pilates.

The smoke is really awful today. There are so many wildfires going on NASA posted an image today of the smoke across the U.S.A. and the smoke is well over 1/2 of the country. We need an early snow to put a lot of those fires out.

Marty headed to Denver about 2:30 today for a concert. His sister is going with him. The show is at Red Rocks (an outdoor spot) so the smoke will be bad there too.

I made homemade tacos for lunch. Marty has enough left for a taco salad tomorrow and I make up 4 baggies of leftovers for my lunches.

Last night I put together some solar eclipse sequences for the club newsletter. They turned out pretty good.

Have a great day.
Marcy
Screen Shot 2017-09-04 at 3.55.55 PM.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Nirdis!

Missy...thank you for your kind words... And yes, fretting and worrying isn't going to change anything so I really do need to chill out a bit. Thanks for your support and understanding, (((hugs))).

I'm glad you are getting in some good cycling! It's great the weather is cooperating, I hope you and Greg had a wonderful day.

Fingers crossed this contractor works out Scandi! I wouldn't mind running away for a while to Scandinavia :D I could help out with the children and the dogs haha!

Austina, wow, two nights out, that's impressive! Sounds like a lot of fun, you saw some great shows. Great news about Pilates starting up again. It's so nice that you've found a form of exercise that you enjoy. Sorry about all the rain, I hope the weather improves for you this week.

Marcy, sorry to hear about the fires and the smoke, it's terrible that part of the country is dealing with fire and another part is dealing with flooding. I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend, you deserve it! Yum, tacos sound really good to me right now. Great pics of the eclipse!

Pretty quiet day around here - dh went golfing and ds went down the shore with a friend, and I hung around with the cat and did laundry lol - which was fine with me! Had pizza for dinner, so all in all a good day ha.

Hope everyone is doing well, have a good night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, I was kind of thinking the same thing that all of that flood water would sure help put out all of those fires. I sure hope Irma doesn't hit anywhere. None of those eclipse pictures were mine but they are from some my astronomy club members so I made up those little strips to put in our newsletter next month.
I am glad you had a quite, relaxing day. I almost ordered in pizza for supper but decided to make some noodles, sauce and use the other half of my steak from yesterday. Quick and easy supper.

Here is a very orange moon tonight from the smoky skies.
IMG_3628.JPG

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Hope everyone had a nice labor day weekend. It's been crazy hot in northern CA. Last week in the 100s, and we were all melting. We're not used to this kind of weather and my Dad was really suffering. Also, most of us do not have any a/c. Today it dropped into the 80s and was more manageable. We broke down and ordered a portable a/c unit off amazon cause they ran out everywhere around here. We'll get it on Thursday. I went into the office Sunday and just sat there sweating and trying to work. Not fun.

Thank you @missy, @jaaron @canuk-gal for all the hair loss suggestions. I am taking Biotin and ordered silica as well. Excited to try something.

@Scandinavian so sorry your contractor cancelled on you. Don't know why that happens all the time.

@Austina hope you enjoy your Pilates class.

@marcy love your pics, and it sounds like you are having the most relaxing night.

@junebug17 I'm so glad you had a relaxing time. Sometimes you just really need that time away.

@missy hope you find the right fridge for your space. And your weather is really weird. Rain now? 60 degree weather? We are melting in northern CA. So wrong...

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, funny I always think of all of California being so hot that you always need AC. But when we were at Pebble Beach I was generally cold. I hope the portable AC works well for you. I tried the Essie polish tonight. I like how glossy it looks.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia!

Update re contractors: We met with a new one this morning. I would say that they were nice, except for the jinx issue, LOL. I think the main issue with this company will be when they can start the work. The one who was supposed to show up on Monday will be stopping by tomorrow morning instead. We are getting a bit desperate now, because I don't think I can do another Christmas like this... Everything was supposed to be finished by mid November, but that is not going to happen anymore.

@missy , is today "weekday not working anymore so yippi" day for you? Or are you still in weekend mood? I kind of feel like I should stop working too, lol. Might make the children crazy though to have me home all the time... :lol-2: I love all your pictures from the weekend! And Stormy will be just fine, I'm sure. Animals are much smarter than we think. Darling F is trying to teach T to hunt. But apparently she thinks he is not ready for birds, so she was trying to teach him to catch these "mountain mouse" things (furry and a tail, a little like a hamster, but can't make the dictionary tell me what they are called... grrr.... LOL) :wall::knockout::lol: They didn't catch any, luckily. The fun part - yes there is a fun part - is that she has NEVER done that before. She doesn't care about anything, not even rabbits. Only birds. But T was evidently labelled "too young" for birds, and needed to practice some good sniffing first. OMG.

@junebug17 , come on over! No chores necessary :appl: Unless you have carpenter skills, of course :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2: Sounds like a pretty nice weekend! :)

@Austina, I'm so impressed that you do pilates! I'm stiff and unbending like a timber log (as we say here). My dad always interrupts saying that it is because I'm stubborn like a donkey, so can't expect any part of me to bend... Not sure that is a compliment... LOL Oh and yes, T sure is a little rascal! Soooo much energy! But he is such a strong boy! 11 weeks and walked/run for 3 hours on Saturday! Just refused to be carried. Had to much fun "hunting" LOL. And barking - cause F is waiting for no one when there are birds about - and not exactly able to run like her yet.. LOL

@LLJsmom We are freezing here in Scandinavia, but that is more normal. It is after all fall now... LOL. Raining, about 5 C (41F) and very grey indeed. Blahrg! So you can always come here, promise you will get colder really fast... The weather sure is weird though. Even here. Too much rain and too little snow in the winter.

@marcy The eclipse pictures were very cool, no matter who took them. Love the comparisons / development. Stay safe with all that some, will you? Can't possibly be healthy... But perhaps that moon is worth it. Truly magical.

Hugs to you all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! My friend Maureen is right. She said when you retire you forget what day it is and even what month it is...give it time I bet I will get there haha. It's Tuesday yes Tuesday lol.

Marcy I am sorry the smog and smoke is so dense and I hope it clears soon. Be careful breathing that in and I am sure it aggravates breathing issues. Boo to all the wildfires and I hope they are all put out very soon and that everyone affected is OK. Scary.

Hope Marty and his sister had fun at the concert in Denver. I love tacos and Greg just informed me it is one of the most popular dishes around lately. Interesting. And yummy. Homemade tacos sound even more delicious. And yay for more baking. Send some our way pretty please.:lickout:

I love the sequence of photos you put together for your newsletter. Beautiful. Could you email me a copy of the newsletter if you don't mind? I want to share it with Andy. LOVE it.

Yes I did get most of the vacuuming done the other day. Very satisfying. However then Greg said it really is time to have our cleaning crew come LOL so I guess he wasn't super impressed. He did compliment how nice the house looked after I vacuumed but I guess it wasn't good enough hahaha. I love our vacuum. It is battery operated so no cord to deal with yay and it is specific for animal hair etc. It's a Dyson and we have 2 one for here and one for Brooklyn. I have been toying with the thought of getting a third so when it runs out of juice (after about 15 minutes) I don't have to wait for it to recharge but I think that is probably wasteful so I probably won't do that.

Hope work goes OK for you today.

Junie hope your dh enjoyed golfing and your ds enjoyed the shore...where down the shore did he go? A quiet day with Zoe and doing laundry (I like doing laundry but I don't like folding it) sounds pretty satisfying after a weekend away. And pizza sounds even better lol. So happy you enjoyed a relaxing getaway and a relaxing day back home. (((Hugs))).

Austina, Sorry you had mainly wet weather these past few days. Some of that weather is coming here this week.
I love Pilates and got into it when I was recovering from my broken bones and my Physical Therapist started me doing Pilates. I even bought my own Pilates Reformer which I love. Only problem is I only have one and that's in Brooklyn so while we have been at the beach for most of our free time this summer I have fallen off the Pilates wagon. Yes I know I could do it without my Reformer but I need the Reformer to make sure I am doing it properly so I will start doing it again soon. I loved the private lessons when he would come to our home but I am not much of a group class person but I wish I was. Enjoy your Pilates and keep us posted! Maybe we can share favorite exercises here.

Scandi good news re meeting with one contractor and good luck with your meeting with the other one. I sure hope someone reliable and competent can start sooner rather than later so your house can finally be completed. Sending more good luck vibes your way. And if you stop working you can visit me more often so I won't let you get bored or let the kids drive you crazy...:cheeky:

I am not sure what kind of mood I am in i.e. weekend mood or weekday mood as this is still new to me and I am not even sure of the day of the week LOL. I honestly haven't had enough time to just relax or be bored or even just still so probably with a bit more time I can more fully process my retirement but for now it seems busy as usual.

LLJsmom hope the vitamins work for you. Yes the weather is nuts. It was in the 50s on Saturday and it is in the high 80s now or rather will be later and tomorrow and was very warm yesterday afternoon as well. I am sorry you guys are dealing with a heat wave and especially worried for your dad. AC is a must and I am glad you ordered a unit. I wouldn't be able to deal with the heat without the AC. Hoping your dad is doing OK. And that L is almost all recovered from her surgery. It is amazing how fast kids bounce back. Hoping your weather cools off very soon and now that you ordered an AC unit it probably will lol.

Ugh the print all just got tiny again I swear what the heck am I
doing wrong. I am typing away and bam it just changes size. OK sorry but have to enlarge it all to the same size 4 print to make it even. At least the large print helps our eyes especially us ladies over 50. ::)

PierreBear OMG so excited for you...and yay for doing all those miles this weekend. Girl you rock in more ways than one!!!

Callie I am busting at the seams with excitement. That is all.8)

Kristie I am excited for you too. Keep us posted OK?:appl:

Sharon how is your knee feeling? Hoping your relaxing weekend went a long way to making it feel better and heal completely.

We had a great ride yesterday and got to enjoy Days Ice Cream for
perhaps the last time this summer as they are closing during the week and will be closed on weekends for good October 8th I think.

StephanieLynn this photo from our ice cream break at Days yesterday afternoon is for you:

daysseptember 2017.jpg

I cannot believe how fast the Labor Day weekend went. We have been down here since
Thursday and it just flew by, Maureen checked yesterday AM and as of then the Subzero was working. Fingers crossed it continues. We are heading back this afternoon and I am holding my breath that everything will be working.

Have a great Tuesday girls and I am sending good thoughts and big (((HUGS))) to each and everyone of you.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I want to share this photo with you guys that I just found when looking for something else. It was taken early mid 70s (in Boston I think where we were visiting my aunt and uncle). Look at those matching pantsuits (at least they were in different colors lol) and those short barber cut hairstyles. I am still annoyed at my mom (JK!) for cutting our beautiful long hair so short and at the barber no less. OMG what was she thinking? Haha I know what she was thinking that it was a huge PITA to wash our long hair and braid it and she was simplifying things. But sigh it was a mistake that took years to recover from...I don't have the face for short hair. Wish I did!

shorthairwithsis.jpeg

Before photo from my third grade class picture. Better with long hair.

thirdgradephotojpg.jpg

Would love to see some before and after photos of you ladies if you care to share.:halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, what are you up to??? Why are *we* excited?? I am too, now, but I don't know why.... :P2:lol:

Sssssshhhhh:shhh:. I shouldn't have said anything:naughty: so please just ignore it and if anything happens you girls will know. 8)

:kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry....

No, no, my fault entirely! I am like a little child and wear my emotions on my sleeve and everywhere else. So please accept my apologies and ignore me for the moment. If there is anything to tell I am sure you will all know and if not no harm done and please just ignore me.:wink2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy We can just delete, lol. I'll do mine and you do yours!

Ugh just tried. Too late. Ok everyone just do me a favor and ignore that one comment I posted in my first post this AM at least for now.
Please and thank you.

Carry on all. :sun:

P

PierreBear

Hello NIRDIs! Hope everyone had a wonderful Labor day weekend. We did a long run and a very extensive bike ride. I think the peak of our working out is coming to and end and we are on the down stretch. Also did some house chores to recover from the hurricane. But more importantly, I just oogled and stared and tried on the two beautiful OECs that Adam sent over. As Missy confirmed with her own eyes, they were beautiful.

Ok I'll make try not to be verbose but feel free to skip to the pictures. I was at work on Friday but DH took the day off and was the one who got the Fedex package. Couldn't wait to get home that day... : ) I asked DH to do a blind test and he removed the white strip of paper that denoted which one was the K versus the L. Adam left a cute sticky note to say "peel me off." I thought it was really endearing how he drew the smiley face. Typically, I draw the eyes with two dots but he did circles. Which were exactly how big my eyes must got got when I peeled off the post it note. I don't own a Loupe or any diamond gadgets and was really surprised how the diamonds are almost like living creatures with own personalities. Perhaps I'm just don't have an acute sense of sight but I was surprised on how different they looked via the video versus in person. With the blind test, I actually thought the K was the L and the L was the K. In the video, the L looked like it had crisper facets but in person the K was more defined. Upon the first viewing, I favored the L. The K had these beautiful symmetrical and chunky facets. However, sometimes because the facets were larger, the "off facets" were a bit distracting. Or at least my eyes kept being drawn to the darker spots near the outer border. I found in low lighting, the K really out performed the L. It was a bit bolder and clearer. The L's facets were a bit more blended and had it's own sense of charm. If they were both priced the same, I think I would select the K. However, it felt right to go with the L. I feel fortunate to even have such a wonderfully cut stone of this size as it is. I called Adam today to officially commit to the L! It was a hard decision but with them both being beautiful stones, it was hard to pass up the cost savings with the L. Ring progress! Hurray! Now onto the pictures.

The adorable post it note from Adam.
20170901_154354.jpg

The L stone meeting the rest of the family - original ering. Special place in my heart.
20170902_163732.jpg
The L stone meeting the rest of the family - 5 stone band.
20170902_163809.jpg
The L stone by itself. I'm feeling that this is the perfect size for me. It's a powerful statement but something I could wear daily. Who knows... I hear DSS gets the best of us. haha but I don't think I could go bigger for daily wear.
20170902_163907.jpg
Thanks for listening to my OEC journey!

@LLJsmom – Sorry to hear about the hair loss issue. I have a friend with an autoimmune system deficiency and she struggled with it. She would find clumps of it on her pillow case and eventually wore a wig. She did topical hair treatments but what I believe really helped out were steroid shots. I hope you find something that helps minimize the loss and helps with the regrowth.

I’m a nail polish girl too… but it’s because my nails get occasionally bruised from running/cycling shoes. So gotta keep those babies covered up! I’m assuming this is the gel method? I’ve always heard you had to do that version at the salon and then they have to remove it for you. At any case, I just paint my own so perhaps this wouldn’t be a good option for me. Glad to know you don’t have to use a base coat. I think I’ve used polish too often where my big toes are a faint light yellow. Will take forever to grow out!

@canuk-gal – Glad you didn’t have to entertain the Labor day crew. Hope your knee is feeling better and that the party with family went well!

@marcy – No I don’t have decorative recipe cards and probably shouldn’t as it gets messy in the kitchen working in teams. I just get them written out as quickly as possible and they all go into a ziplock bag. Lesson learned is that if you spill something on your ziplock bag, you can wipe it off. Protects your note cards better. I prefer to have them typed out but the instructor says to write it out so you learn and are more prepared. There is truth in that for sure but it does take twice as long!

Wow that solar eclipse sequence is beautiful!

@Calliecake – Sorry to hear your husband has kidney stones at it was a difficult trial. Ughh… guys have it much worse when passing those stones for sure.

@Scandinavian – You are hilarious!!! Hahaha… I think it’s amazing you bought stones on a holiday. Best vacation you can have right?!

I love that picture of the two dogs at the mountain cabin. If the fire is going, I’m assuming it’s pretty chilly outside? The dogs are adorable and look very calm and well behaved. I guess no water bottles to distract them with. : )

Hope the new contractors are working efficiently!

@missy – Love the photos of you and Greg. You are always rocking such a pretty dress with prints. Are those knee highboots I see? I never feel like I can pull those babies off. I do see your new lovely sun glasses though. : )

Love your photos from the past!

@junebug17 – Oh girl, you can always chime in on diamond comments. But appreciate you not wanting to sway me. Thanks for your commentary about my co-worker. She’s still doing the best that she can.

@Austina – Hope you are doing well. How was your pilates class?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PierreBear - No UV light or long removal process. Just comes off with acetone. Works like normal nail polish. Essie Gel Couture. I swear by it.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

:love: @PierreBear I'm so glad you took my advice on the diamond, :P2 :lol: That's going to be one stunning ring, the size is perfect on your hand. What style of setting are you thinking of?

Parents have a lot to answer for @missy :D My hair often looked like it'd been cut with a knife and fork!!! Think I must've been under 2 here

Paula.jpg
and probably 3/4 here
Paula2.jpg

Don't worry about settling in to retirement, you'll soon be forgetting what year it is!

You should try Pilates @Scandinavian I much prefer it to yoga, I started on the advice of a physio when I had terrible problems with my back. I'm not as bendy as I used to be, but then I'm not as young either! :mrgreen2: It's probably the only hour of the week when I truly think of nothing else but my breathing. We are a very small class, usually 6 or so, and we have fun.

Wow @marcy the eclipse photos are great and the orange moon is surreal. I hope the smoke isn't too bad today. The weather is really topsy turvy, if only the rain would go where it's needed.

Sorry to hear your Dad's been suffering in the heat @LLJsmom we don't have a/c here either, and of course, since buying 2 units, we've barely used them. :roll2:

Hope all the NIRDI's are ok :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday to our dear LLJsmom! A poem for you my dear friend.

Dear NIRDI LLJ
today is a special day
And on that none of us are torn
It's the special day you were born

We are coming here to share
Our thoughts with you today
You are truly such a dear
and that is not all we want to say

You are kind and smart
sweet and sassy
You are one very lovely NIRDI lassie
You make PS a special place to be
Gracing us with your presence
and your lovely company

OMG the bling adventures you and I have shared
I am so thrilled we get to enjoy bling together each year
You are our partner in crime
longing and drooling over the bling sublime

The OECs we love so much
The visits to Adam that are never enough
The chats and the texts
About diamonds and the rest
our friendship is special
and it surpasses the NIRDI test

You are a special person
beautiful through and through
And we are so lucky you are here
with all of the NIRDI crew

Wishing you a very happy and healthy birthday
today and all the year through
Celebrating this special day with family
and with the NIRDI girls too

XOXO

Love you LLJsmom!!!

happybirthdaydiamondgirl.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday to our dear LLJsmom! A poem for you my dear friend.

Dear NIRDI LLJ
today is a special day
And on that none of us are torn
It's the special day you were born

We are coming here to share
Our thoughts with you today
You are truly such a dear
and that is not all we want to say

You are kind and smart
sweet and sassy
You are one very lovely NIRDI lassie
You make PS a special place to be
Gracing us with your presence
and your lovely company

OMG the bling adventures you and I have shared
I am so thrilled we get to enjoy bling together each year
You are our partner in crime
longing and drooling over the bling sublime

The OECs we love so much
The visits to Adam that are never enough
The chats and the texts
About diamonds and the rest
our friendship is special
and it surpasses the NIRDI test

You are a special person
beautiful through and through
And we are so lucky you are here
with all of the NIRDI crew

Wishing you a very happy and healthy birthday
today and all the year through
Celebrating this special day with family
and with the NIRDI girls too

XOXO

Love you LLJsmom!!!

happybirthdaydiamondgirl.jpg

Thank you Missy. I love you too... (((hug)))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you're having a lovely birthday @LLJsmom
IMG_2009.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I sure hope the contractors turn out to be competent and reliable for you. That would be a great Christmas present.
Thanks. I am trying to stay inside away from the smoke since i have allergy and sinus issues. They continue to list our air quality as unhealthy. The smoke does make for pretty sunrises and sunsets though.

Missy, the beauty of not knowing what day it is will soon mean it’s doesn’t matter because every day is Missy Day. You can do what you want. Sweet.
The summer Yellowstone was burning the Sun directly overhead was a smallish, distorted orange blob. It was so weird. We had ash falling from it too. The west tends to get way too many forest fires.
Marty and his sister did enjoy their concert last night but I guess the smoke was bad there too.
That is interesting about tacos being a popular dish and you can make so many varieties of them.
Thanks; the people who sent me those eclipse photos were really excited with what I did with them. I will send you a link to our newsletter. That sequence won’t be posted until the October newsletter but I post a new one at the beginning of the month.
I’ve been eyeballing one of those cordless Dyson’s. It would be great on our stairs.
And okay I didn’t see anything but now I’m excited too. I wish I knew why.
Great picture of you and your sister. Fun to look back on those days.

PierreBear, I really enjoyed your diamond story and observations. The L looks amazing and beautiful on your hand. A perfect size. It had to be a tough choice. How exciting for you.
Great idea to put your recipe card in a baggie. My cookie cookbook is really a mess inside. Some of the pages are ripping out, many have “goop” on them. I know Marty wanted to know if I wanted a new one and I said no; it wouldn’t be the same. And I’m a neat freak.

LLJsmom. Happy Birthday! I hope you had a nice day. I can’t top Missy’s great poem or Austina’s wonderful Happy Birthday picture so I’ll just wish you the best.
My nail polish held up pretty well for day one. Thanks!

Austina, great pictures of a younger you. My worst hair cut was self inflicted; I don’t think I have any pictures of it though.
That’s great you have a small pilates class; probably makes it more enjoyable.
Thanks. that orange moon was pretty cool.

It is still smoky today. It wasn’t as bad as yesterday until late this afternoon. I can feel my eyes burning now.

I have my retinal exam again in the morning. I think the left eye has gotten a little worse again but not where it was. I don’t like that it’s changing so much. I’ll see where it is compared to 2 weeks ago. The smoke can’t be helping me.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my as a young kid. I was very happy obviously. Probably up to no good and I just thought of something to tease my older sisters.
littlemrcy.jpg
This is me and my sisters. My mom always made us matching dresses for Christmas and Easter. I remember these jumpers; they were black velveteen. I am the one in the middle. I'm the baby of the family. Love our curly hair.

jumpers.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results