carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Glad to hear you're feeling ok @missy everything crossed the results are good. Please try not to worry too much, I'm very much in the 'wait till you know what's going in before worrying' camp. Worrying doesn't change the outcome, so keep positive.

Yah boo to the F/F deciding to play silly beggars just in time for the holiday weekend. Hopefully, someone has been able to get to you today to fix it.

What a sweetie you are for helping find a good home for the puss. Animals are very adaptable @CJ2008, and I'm sure once she's in a permanent home, will settle. It took quite a while for our girl to come out of her shell, she was afraid of everything and very withdrawn when she came to us, but with patience and time, she's really found her feet. You've done a wonderful thing helping her.

Enjoy your time in SC @junebug17 its good to get away from all the stresses you've got going on, so try and relax and kickback. Hopefully the inspection won't throw up too many problems. Wow, I'm impressed that you're artistic, I can't even draw stick men :shock:

Your baking class will be fun @PierreBear I'm sure everyone else is feeling nervous, just remember, it doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as it tastes good :D

I know nothing about OVC's, but I'm liking the L (bottom) the facets are fascinating :mrgreen:

We got up early to spend some time with DS this morning before he left. We took Dottie to VW, then came back and went out to do the food shop. I've been keeping busy to stop me feeling :cry:, all his bedding and towels are done, and his room and bathroom cleaned. It's strange because when we visit him, we don't feel like this when we come home, but when he leaves, we feel quite down.

Big hi to @azstonie @marcy @Scandinavian and @rainwood :wavey:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nirdis!!!

Back after what felt like a blindingly short and extremely stressful summer. I'm not sure how I catch up with everyone's doings, but am going to read back a few pages- glad everyone is safe in all the crazy weather!

Missy - Fisher & Paykel french door fridge. Honestly, I got so fed up with our subzero, I didn't even wait for it to be out of warranty, and replaced it with one of those. Inexpensive and I haven't had to fix it in the three years we've had it, unlike the subzero, which was like housing a diva.

Pierre - gorgeous stones. I can't wait to see which you choose - When we were shopping, I was very surprised by how much I liked the lower colour OECs, so am curious to hear your thoughts.

Ok, going to catch up!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy, sorry for your fridge troubles. Total bummer. I adore my Fischer and Paykel french door fridge.

My knee feels like total crap again. I feel good and think I am better then over do it. I really will take it easy this long weekend which might be a challenge since we have a full slate of plans and company.

PB--you'll be right at home here on PS with your gorgeous large diamond ring! Congrats!! Fun choices!

Austina: Of course you feel lonely when your children leave home. For the first or 21 time. Doesn't matter one always feel that emptiness.

Hello to ya'll !:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I am glad you are feeling better today and she didn’t think you had anything to be concerned about.
I hope your fridge is still working okay.
How many ounces was that burger? It looks huge. I get that the sight of meat doesn’t appeal to you. We like what we like, eh?
Glad your BP was better this morning. My BP hops around like that too and used to really peak when I allowed myself to get more easily stressed. It varies now.
Glad you had fun catching up with a friend.
You’ll get more used to retirement after things settle down and really when you don’t have to go back to work.

CJ, I hope you find the perfect place your your kitty.

Junebug, yes the situation in Houston is heartbreaking. Did you see they had to evacuate a hospital today; like those people don’t already have challenges in their lives. I hope your DH’s Houston office does have a fund set up to help. That is so nice.
I hope you don’t run in to any more money or other issues with your mom’s estate. Like you said it is so stressful and such a hard time anyway. I was talking today to a friend at work who just lost of grandmother. I told her I’m there to help; it’s such a long, difficult road at times. I hope the inspections go well. Sometimes it seems like they make picky little requests to fix.
Have fun in SC.

PierreBear, I am so sorry to hear about your co-worker. I hope they find a way to help her without a lot of surgery.
Those eating challenge shows are something. I couldn’t do it.
Those are 2 very beautiful OEC. Since you are going to see them in person you’ll probably find one that calls your name. Missy’s seal of approval means that are both keepers. How exciting.
Sorry your French doors leak. We have to do the one side fixed or hinged whatever they call it here because of the horrible wind. Our doors have been great.
Keep us posted on your cooking course and what you’ll be making. Sounds fun and delicious.

Austina, big hugs for missing your DS already. His visit went by way too fast.

Jaaron, sorry you had a stressful summer. Hope the fall is way better for you.

Sharon, I hate to hear your knee is feeling like crap. Hopefully you can rest up some this weekend.

Well tomorrow will not be a fun day at work. We as in some of my team, my boss and his boss did an online demo tonight of something and my 2 employees who were driving the first part of it really did a poor job. One couldn’t ever log in to the system - okay that happens. The the on call person didn’t get the stuff he needed to do done for about 15 minutes and my boss’s boss had to ask him to start it. My boss and I got a text ASAP saying “I am very disappointed”. I just don’t know what to do with those employees of mine. Maybe I’ll go in and get my teddy bears and sneak out.

We got some rain tonight.

I got up early today and so got a picture of a pretty sunrise. We've got a ton of smoke and haze her so the sun is really red and the sky is really hazy.
Take care.
Marcy
sunrise.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, you can do this! Just hang in there!

Of to make more phonecalls... :wall:

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy September 1st!

CJ I am so sorry that Tabby's Place is full. I definitely agree that shelters are no good for her because they will euthanize or or at the very least (if they are truly no kill which honestly I don't believe exists because if they find a "good" reason they euthanize) keep her in a cage the rest of her life. I am so sorry and I am still reaching out to everyone that has any potential to help her. So far nothing however. Sending more good thoughts and hugs and remember your kitties are in no danger right now as she is separated from them so please don't worry.
And thank you so much for all your good wishes for me. (((HUGS))).

Jaaron hi and welcome back! We missed you! I am sorry the summer was challenging and I hope the autumn brings joy and peace and happiness and health for all of us. And maybe a little bling.8)

Thank you and Sharon for the Fisher Paykel french door fridge recommendation. LOL yes I agree. Subzero is like "housing a diva" :lol: I guess the Fisher Paykel fridge has better ratings than our Fisher and Paykel dish drawers cause they really sucked and we had so many issues with them and our repairman begged us to scrap it and buy an inexpensive dishwasher from Sears LOL. However my industrious dh took it apart (after the 5th service visit from the Fisher Paykel repairman) and ordered some online parts and knock wood we haven't had any issues with it since. That was back in 2006 I think. We originally got the dish drawers from Fisher Paykel in 2004. Anyway I digress. Will look into their fridge thank you and Sharon so much for the rec. We need a 48" wide fridge preferably 25" (counter) deep. I know Thermador and Subzero make these dimensions and Greg did some research and found another company that made a similar spec but that cost over 16K.:eek2: For a fridge so I don't think so. That makes subzero look inexpensive. LOL.

Please stick around and share some of your adventures with us. Yes I agree the summer was way too short and went way too fast. What is that quote from Woody Allen's Annie Hall? I love this quote. (yes I am dark at times but y'all already know that)

There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly.”

On that note I will add that I hope all is well with your loved ones.

PierreBear I am so excited for you and cannot wait to hear what you think about the OECs. I am sorry about your coworker. That sucks and I hope she can recover completely. Greg had kidney stones and needed surgery and it was a tough go. My dh is very stoic and has a high pain tolerance (not like a lot of guys as he never complains and is very brave patient) and this had a strong hold on him. The pain was so intense he was vomiting from it and well it was challenging and after the surgery the pain got worse but that was from a complication from the stent. Anyway I share this because he is A-OK now and hopefully your coworker will be OK. 70s isn't old IMO. Of course from my perspective because I am a lot closer to 70s right now than 20s hahaha. Sending her healing dust.

Sharon sweetheart I am sorry about your knee pain continuing and getting worse. I agree taking it a bit easier this weekend is a good idea. Sometimes we don't even realize we are overdoing it because we love being active but healing is a long and slow process and you will get there. Enjoy your friends this weekend and let them do the legwork of clearing the table and helping you entertain OK? Sending you lots of healing vibes and hugs for a complete and final resolution of this cyst and knee pain already. (((Hugs))).

Marcy love that sunrise photo thank you. Sorry about the continued work stress. I think you should join me in retirement and visit me and be my partner in crime...:whistle::twisted2::halo: Please don't forget your teddy bears. HRH Francesca has a crush on 2 of them I believe...:cheeky: We got some rain last night too and some high winds that are continuing right now. It will be a tough slog of a bike ride but we will persevere. After all ice cream at Day's is waiting for us.:sun:
Hope your Friday goes smoothly and yay the weekend is almost here!

Hi Scandi, sending you lots of good luck and thoughts. And more hugs.

Leaving you girls with a photo right before the storm last night. This poor little feral fella. He took off like lightning when the winds started whipping about. I mean it felt like he ran off at about 70 mph. It was so fast. My heart broke a little because then it started pouring and I just hope he found shelter in time. Sweet little kid.

feralbabyoutsideinbackyard.jpg

feralbabycloser.jpg

stormysea.jpg

windswhipping.jpg

Have a good Friday and happy September.:wavey:

P

PierreBear

Happy Friday to us! I might have woke up before my alarm clock went off and couldn’t fall back asleep … since the diamonds are coming today! DH took the day off, it wasn’t planned this way, and will be there to get the Fedex package. It was cute that he was wondering if he should open it or wait for me. Hahaha… I told him to please open it!!!! He needs to be the first one so I can do a blind test. Anyhow, I’ll keep ya’ll posted. Thanks for listening to our journey.

This Labor day weekend we are just keeping it simple and trying to take care of house chores. We need to catch up on our training that we missed from last weekend. We have a ½ ironman race coming up mid September, which is to prepare us for the full event in November. Ah… it’s not that far away and makes me nervous already. I honestly hate to race and am not competitive at all. But anyhow, fun memories will come from it! Hope everyone has a good weekend.

@Austina – Thanks for the reminder that it’s more about taste. The odds are in my favor when every recipe has butter and sugar. Haha! Thanks for your commentary that you like the L more. DH will appreciate a vote for the less expensive stone. : )

Glad you got to spend time with your DS. You are such a great mom!

@jaaron – Hello and hope you had a great summer! Thanks for your commentary on the stones. I looked through your threads and saw your beautiful VC ring. I remember seeing your post when it first came out and was ooogggglinngg over it! How are you still liking your ring? It’s still gorgeous to me seeing the thread again!

@canuk-gal – Sorry to hear that your knee still isn’t feeling well. It sounds like you are doing some hosting at your place for Labor day though. Hopefully it will be a joyous time and the guests will help themselves and there will be less walking around for you.

Shucks… I never ever though I would be in the 3 carat boat. I’m glad that I’ll fit in somewhere. I’ll admit that this will be a lot larger than my direct social group. I am a bit nervous about the commentary if someone is daring enough to ask as I don’t think most people outside from PS would consider getting a different ring. I’m still sentimental about my original e-ring though so I’ll be wearing it every other day. Well one step at a time and very fortunate to have this “problem.”

@marcy – I’ll try to take a picture of our end product after each cooking class. I spent some time doing some homework yesterday, which was writing recipe cards. Wish I had smaller handwriting!

Sorry to hear about the work woes with the online demo. I hope today goes smoothly.

@missy – Thanks for the healing dust for my coworker. She told me today she had some pain but thought it was just a “muscle strain.” I hope she’s not hiding anything and is doing what’s right for her and not worried about this upcoming board meeting we have. On top of everything, she’s also caring for her mother who is bed ridding and is struggling with dementia. Gosh, health problems are just tough struggles with life that I wish no one had to deal with. Appreciate the kind words and for you sharing Greg’s experience. Glad that he got through the challenges of surgery in a successful manner.

Love all your cat photos! You know I desperately want a feral cat to become my outdoor cat. I rarely see cats in my neighborhood maybe because there are a lot of dog owners and there are some coyotes. But I used to lay out dry food in hopes that one would come. Hahaha like a little kid putting cookies out for santa. There was one cat who would visit us. He was so scruffy and tough looking. Would nibble on the food and then run away. But eventually I had to stop as the food would get soaked by rain eventually. One day, I’ll get another outdoor furry friend and take a photo and share!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just gonna be there next time, Rainy, you'll be surprised to say the least!!!:lol-2::mrgreen2:

Junie/Rainy/Marcy, my estate $ bank story: We finally got Bob's late mom's estate settled when the last thing, the property/house, was sold. So we had a 6-figure check to deposit into our account (I asked Bob to require a wire transfer but HE POO-POO'ED ME :twisted:) . Took it to the bank. Deposited it. Waited the requisite 2 days for it to appear (what bull@#it) even though the manager called to make sure the money was available to clear the check. 2 days later, NO 6 FIGURES IN THE ACCOUNT :twisted:. Called my bank. They could tell us NOTHING. Called the bank it was written from. They could tell us NOTHING. WTF? 6 figures out there in the damn wind? I don't think so. After I demanded both the issuing and deposit bank get on a conference call with me, SOMEHOW the 6 figures was FOUND and was in our account.

LESSON LEARNED: If its over a couple thou, GET IT DEPOSITED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT BY WIRE.
@azstonie OMG. I am appalled. o_O Thank goodness you raised hell and made them deal with it!!! Yes, I will remember if I ever need to deposit a large sum.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pierrebear! They are just gorgeous! Please take both... :love: Should make nice studs, yes? :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PierreBear advanced baking?? How fun!!!!!! I should try to make time for something like that in my life. I bet you'll do great, learn some serious skills and have tons of fun.

@marcy hope your eyes feel better. I am getting used to new prescriptions and at annoying. It takes my eyes a while to focus. It's easier without glasses.

@CJ2008 I hope you find a good home for the kitty... I can feel the love and concern you and @missy have for these dear fur babies. It shows such a kind and tender heart.

@canuk-gal I hope your knees feel better. I have strangely felt mine too. I wonder if I should stop training hard before my body forces me to. I am debating whether to do the half marathon I signed up for in October. I used to run those on weekends randomly and now I'm much more tired.

@junebug17 Have a lovely getaway with your DH!! Buying and selling homes is so stressful so being away physically may help you let go a little bit mentally.

@missy I totally know the blood pressure thing. I usually have super low readings. Runs in the family. When I start thinking about DS and college, where he will go and how we will pay for it, it spikes. It's all crazy. I won't get into it now.

Ok that is all I can remember right now. Check in again soon.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just remembered some questions. Do you ladies have any suggestions about dealing with hair loss? I am not as low in iron as I thought. I've been good about taking my supplements. No other major issues but maybe peri menopause and stress. My gynecologist said nothing much to be done. Phase of life thing.

@marcy did you try the new polish? I'm five days and very little chipping. In fact, I have to excuse to change my polish, except that may nails are growing and I hate long nails. Essie Gel Couture ladies!! Two bottles only. No more base coat. Changed my life. Doing my own pedicures now. Need to improve nail shaping skills but saves me $40 and I don't even like all the cuticle cutting stuff.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LLJsmom--I am dealing with hair loss as well. (stress) I have to be careful with what I use on my scalp--as I have neuralgia (scalp) and many products exacerbate this. I have tried Nioxin (shampoo, scalp foam)--but it causes a lot of tingling and drove me mad. Didn't use it long enough to know if it made a difference. I like Phyto botanical products--they have an entire line. My hair is really soft and healthy looking--but it is hard to quantify whether I am actually losing less hair. Lots of products out there for men! (anyone can use them).

My sister used DS laboratories stuff and found success with it.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDIS:

I will not be entertaining--so less stress on my knee. We will be going out and my family is here for a sports tourney so they'll be staying in a hotel with the rest of the team. Easy pesasy. Thanks for the well wishes.

Hope everyone has a great (long) weekend! Stay safe and dry!

ETA: Missy, I read about the F & P dish drawer problems...and prayed it wouldn't translate tot he fridges...and I love mine! But servicing can be an issue like for SubZ...only one repair guy or company in town

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Just remembered some questions. Do you ladies have any suggestions about dealing with hair loss? I am not as low in iron as I thought. I've been good about taking my supplements. No other major issues but maybe peri menopause and stress. My gynecologist said nothing much to be done. Phase of life thing.

Hi LLJsmom - When was the last time you had a really good thyroid workup (including T3 levels)? That would be my first thought. A friend of mine who complained about thinning hair in peri menopause has had good results with Red Clover Extract supplements which her gynaecologist recommended, but I haven't used them myself.

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Missy - quick reply - We had those drawers very briefly here, as a second dishwasher, and they were an absolute nightmare. I think we had the first generation ones, though - they were awful. My parents have some newer ones in a pied a terre kind of place and haven't had any issues with them. That made me willing to give F&P another try, and I haven't regretted it, at least not yet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I hope you found all the contractors you need by now.

Missy, I am glad Greg doesn’t still have problems with kidney stones; I understand they are very painful.
Good plan for me to retire and bring some teddies to come visit. I like it.
Day’s ice cream is a good reason to go for a ride even in less than ideal weather.
Cool storm pictures. I am sure Stormy found a safe place to hide from the storm.

PierreBear, do tell about what you and DH thought of the diamonds. Marty will send me pictures of the killer rabbits ripping the package open and then of course wearing my jewelry. Brat!
I am sure you’ll love the 1/2 Ironman race and have wonderful memories from it. How exciting.
Butter and sugar are good, solid ingredients.
Ugh to writing recipe cards; I type recipes anymore. The less I “write” the more scribbles I seem to make. Do you have some decorative recipe cards? I’ll look forward to your pictures though.

LLJsmom, sorry to hear about hair loss; I don’t have any suggestions.
I have not tried the polish yet but 5 days is pretty good. Maybe we’ll go to Kohl’s after supper tonight. Good plan.
My eyes don’t hurt but the vision has stabilized to what I would say is normal for me. Adjusting to new prescriptions can take a few days. I am faithfully wearing my sunglasses to protect my eyes though.

Sharon, it does sound like an easy peasy weekend for you. Have everyone wait on you too. I am sending your knee feel better dust.

Hi Jaaron!

As expected my boss called me in right away. His boss was non-chalent about it today but my boss was angry. We talked about it then he called my employees in and chewed them out. The guy who wasn’t very impressive last night didn’t say much at all just seemed to be getting more and more angry. Then I kept finding mistakes today on top of not sleeping well so I was a bit cranky to those guys.

We did get to leave work 2 hours early today so that was nice. Marty got home about 30 minutes before I did; he worked out for awhile and we are going to supper after he takes a shower. Then the long weekend begins. Sweet.

I picked up my house (mostly unpacked Marty’s stuff) since the cleaning lady is coming tomorrow. I’ll have a clean house for the weekend. Sweet.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I hope you are feeling better and having a wonderful time cycling and the weather is cooperating nicely for you and Greg. It's was cool here today and believe it will be cooler next week. Perfect cycling weather! Hopefully it will be nice at the beach house too.

Marcy, I'm sure you will be a great support to your friend. She is very lucky it have you. Is Marty golfing this weekend?

LLJSmom, I wish I had some suggestions with hair loss. I have the same problem and understand how depressing it can make you feel. I take biotin every day but I don't think it's helping much. I notice it got worse after menopause. If you come up with anything, please let me know. I was told the same thing by my doctors. It also runs in my family so there is little I can do.

PIerre Bear, I hope your friend will be okay. My husband had kidney stones once and was in terrible pain. If she needs the surgery hopefully she will feel much better afterward. I can't wait to see which diamond you pick. How exciting to have a fun project. I so envy your finger size.

Austina, I know Austin had rain this week. Is your son's home okay. I have two friends in the Houston area and it was pretty scary for a few days. We talked to our friends last night and they were finally able to leave their neighborhood todaymand were going to volunteer at an area shelter. It is understandable that it is hard for you when your son leaves. I would be more worried about you if you didn't feel this way. I'm thankful that my family is nearby. I dread leaving the area when my husband retires. I will miss my nieces and nephew terribly.

Jaaron, Welcome back. I've missed you!

Sharon, I hope you get some relief with your knee. It's a little hard to stay off of it when you have company. Hopefully you will have a day where you can just relax and stay off your feet.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pierrebear, I'm sorry about your friend! I think she will be OK though, will be thinking good thoughts for her. No I will not... who am I kidding??? I can only think about you OEC(s) :eek2::mrgreen2::lol-2: Have you done the blind test yet?? I think bling during horrible times are perfectly acceptable! It is an investment after all. It can be turned back into money if necessary. And it is much better than spending it on a holiday like I did. Oh wait. I did both. Even worse :P2:lol-2::lol: So please let us in on the fun!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Austina, thank you for posting more pictures of your very sweet Dottie! Sorry DS visit was short, but you are never alone as long as Dottie is home! Don't let him borrow her! LOL
She looks soooooo comfy on that sofa bed! I might like one too...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, how are you? Any plans for the weekend?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, good morning from us :)

IMG_0059.JPG
We are at our mountain cabin this weekend. Always love to be here!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love your cycling picture! Looks like you have a lot of fun together :) What are the plans for today?

I'm working on finding new contractors. Have one company lined up for Monday and one for Tuesday. Fingers crossed they are nice and have time available... Would prefer to hire both to make up for lost time.

How is the subzero behaving today?

Last edited:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaaron! Have missed you! Everything ok?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I must have Miss a good work story. Why was he mad? Hope not on you. That would not be very fair!! Eating out sounds perfect :) Any plans for the weekend?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jaaron, re catching up: This is T! He is our 11 weeks English Setter puppy and our second furbaby :)

IMG_0061.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Callie, Marty is golfing tomorrow. Is you husband getting in some rounds of golf too? I am glad your friends in Houston are okay. That’s good they were able to get out finally and how wonderful they went to help at an area shelter.

Scandi, hi to T and F. They are so cute. I hope you enjoy your time at the mountain.
Glad to hear you lined up some contractors. Hope they do well for you.
One of my employees didn’t handle a current issue in a timely manner and really didn’t seem to know or care he did anything out of line.

I got most of my chores done today so now I can goof off later this weekend. Sweet. The cleaning lady showed up early so we headed out for breakfast and picked up Marty’s new glasses. He went to Colorado to meet up with some other strength training guys. I got through my stack of stuff on the table, did lots of laundry, got my astronomy newsletter done and posted, I went out to lunch and even managed to get through the drive up at the postoffice without hitting any curbs.

And darn Marty just fried something and messed up my clean kitchen. Oh well it lasted for 8 hours today.

Laters,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Labor Day weekend in full swing. OK so I just typed out a long post and my computer ate it lol and oy vey so I am going to send a few shorter posts now in hopes that if I lose something again it will be easier to recreate. Hahaha now I see why you do shorter more numerous posts Scandi lol.

PierreBear I Love your Luscious illuminating Lovely aLLuring choice...but waiting to see what your final decision is. Love the latest photos you sent. Looks amazing next to your current ring don't you think? Of course I am biased towards the old cuts but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that is very very true. No right or wrong here IMO and as I wrote before you cannot make a wrong choice. Not between these 2 OECs.

OMG good luck with your ironman training. I am super impressed!

As for wanting outdoor kitties I wish we didn't have any and the only reason we feed them and provide shelters (which I still don't know if they are using) is because they came here and I couldn't ignore them. But honestly if you don't have any don't go looking for ferals. It is stressful and sad and you just make their lives a bit better and they still have a hard life. It makes me sad thinking about it but I take comfort knowing we are doing what we can...

Callie we are having a wonderful weekend though today is cold and stormy. What are you doing today and tomorrow?

LLJsmom please try Viviscal. It has a proven (OK maybe anecdotal but I experienced it firsthand and my derm says many of his patients swear by Viviscal) record of helping grow hair on the head. You have nothing to lose. Biotin by itself isn't enough for most I think. And also of course treat your hair super gently don't use sulfates etc on it and stay away from heat and coloring/dyeing your hair. So basically baby it, take supplements, eat right (which I know you do) and also treat it gently if you pull it back etc. No tight ponytails (as I tend to do) etc. Hope that helps and sending you luscious thick hair dust. I think your hair is gorgeous but you know I get how you feel re the hair thinning as my hair is no longer what it used to be either. I stopped the Viviscal due to other health issues but when I was taking it I am convinced it helped. Please keep us posted.

Scandi awww what a beautiful baby. Just such a love. Thank you for sharing photos with us here and FB and please share more. LOVE him. How is his training coming? How is F doing? Is she enjoying her new puppy? How about the kids? They must be over the moon thrilled with having 2 beautiful dogs in the house to love and cuddle with...:kiss2:

How is the contractor situation? How did the interviews go? Any promising candidates? Sending more good contractor vibes your way and dust for completing this house already. It will get there I promise. I know it has been a long and challenging project. You are almost there. Hoping it gets completed before the christmas holidays. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: Girls my post started on the previous page and I am editing this to state that here so no one thinks I forgot them...please go to previous page for complete post.

Marcy glad Marty is getting golfing in this weekend. Fun. Glad you had a clean house at least for 8 hours LOL. That reminds me I am vacuuming today and it takes a longer time here than in NY since we have 2 levels here. There is a lot of cat hair accumulated so I really must vacuum today. Glad you finished most of your chores and let the goofing off commence.:appl:
LOL I love the name Stormy for that kitty. I think he is one of ours (as I think I see a clipped ear but cannot be sure) but honestly I cannot remember any of the latest kitties names and I am not trying anymore. Too many to keep track.

Sharon how is your knee doing? I am glad you are enjoying a relaxing weekend. You deserve it. Thanks for the further info re Fisher and Paykel and I am glad knock wood it is all working out well for you.

Jaaron yes F&P dish drawers were a nightmare and as I told you the authorized repairman for them pleaded with us to get rid of it and buy a Sears dishwasher LOL. But Greg fixed it a number of years ago and knock wood so far it is running like a dream. I love the smaller dish drawers because I can run it just for Greg and me and it is full so I am not wasting water/resources etc. And when we have company over I just run both drawers. Hoping this lasts us a long time.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results