carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie honey I am so sorry there are things going on with you that are stressful and I will miss your company here till you have time but please take it easy and don't stress too much and do not worry about us here. Concentrate on you and your family and know we love you and are here for you whenever you want us. (((HUGS))). And I agree we are going to enjoy the weekend and just deal with it next week. LOL.

Marcy that killer rabbit certainly gets around hahaha. And I love the way Marty sets the table LOL. Sorry work was so stressful this week and yes sometimes I wish I enjoyed liquor haha. So lovely of you to help with the Alzheimers bake sale (that is a charity dear to our hearts as Greg's dad had Alzheimer's disease and ultimately died from it). Sorry Marty is going to LA today and hope he is back quickly and safely. Please stay away from the unhealthy smoke. Oh the hurricane is horrible and my thoughts are with all those affected. I feel sick for them. It is terrifying and sickening and just the worst feeling imaginable living through a hurricane not knowing what havoc it will wreak.

Love all the bunny photos. So precious. Good luck with your haircut. I am getting one next Wednesday. Last hair cut I had was (I think) last January LOL.

Sharon, happy 32 year anniversary!!! What a milestone! It's OK you forgot. When you are so in love and have been with the same partner for so many years each day is special and should be celebrated in its own way. The exact year anniversary is unimportant. Congratulations and wishing you many many many more!

That area of research is near to my heart! We are (well were) in similar fields though I have not done research in that field since the 80s LOL. But yes it does invigorate you to be engaged in something that excites and interests you. Good luck and enjoy and sending more healing vibes your way.

PierreBear good luck with your triathlon training. And hope you get that hole in the ceiling fixed. At this point I would take a hole in the ceiling over fridge/freezer issues LOL. Looking forward to seeing your next baking project and I agree. Anything with chocolate is A-OK in my book.:lickout:

Scandi hey there. That is a wonderful update and yay for being able to find a new contractor woohoo and even more woohoo to NIRDI Christmas Party:appl:. It's on at our place. Beach place if the fridge is still not fixed but NYC if our subzero is working by then and I sure hope it is!

We are cycling this weekend and when we got here yesterday what a gorgeous afternoon so though we got a very late start due to the subzero issues and having to stay in NYC longer than usual that morning we got to ride till after 6PM yesterday so it was a lovely cycling afternoon. We are leaving to go cycling soon this AM and it is another picture perfect day. It is windy but gorgeous.

Please continue to give us updates re your contractor and I am hoping things go very smoothly from hereon in with you and your home renovation. Hugs to F and T and of course you and your dh and darling children.

I am off in a bit girls. Enjoy this lovely Saturday and see you later.:wavey:

Oops forgot the subzero update. For more details do you very much mind reading about it in the fridge thread I started the other day? I am too tired to go through it all again. But in a nutshell- Chris did come yestrday AM and replaced the sensors because the authorized repair service could not come yesterday.

Hopefully the authorized repair company is coming Tuesday with the necessary parts and replacing them and fingers crossed it will work. And Subzero is covering a good portion of the repair and all the parts so that is a bonus I wasn't expecting on such an old fridge. Just not sure the repair guy diagnosed the problem correctly but I sure hope he did.

And let me tell you getting this all accomplished was no small feat. I had to get the Subzero home company involved to light a fire under the repair company. Oy nothing is easy right? OK I am off. Enjoy the day!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, that rabbit has stolen my rings and bracelets frequently. The little brat. Yay for finding a contractor to finish the outside. Now on to the inside, eh?

Missy, yes Marty thinks he's really funny. Feeding his rabbits.
Sorry to hear about Greg's dad and that he had Alzheimer's disease. This lady at work who organizes this bake sale lost her mom to Alzheimer's a few years ago but had done the bake sale for about 8 to 10 years. It is certainly a worthy cause.
Good luck with your haircut on Wednesday. I just had a trim this morning.
The smoke isn't as bad today; mostly hazy not thick.
I hate to hear about your subzero issue. How frustrating for you guys. I hope subzero can fix it and that's great they are helping pay for the repairs.
Glad to hear the weather is lovely at the beach. I hope you enjoyed a lovely day of cycling.

I've got all the laundry done, Marty is packed and ready to head to the airport soon. His boarding pass didn't have TSA pre-approved on it so he'll be standing in the regular line. He'd better get there 2 hours early on a Saturday. We went out for breakfast and lunch today so no dishes. Woo hoo!!!

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Had a great day cycling. Now the smoke is bad--got the best part of the day.

Austina--what did you do to your knee? I should have a more in depth assessment done--I know. I just am avoiding it! Last time I injured my knee (skiing)--it healed on its own with a bit of physio. But with age, it takes so much longer. If it isn't one thing its another.

PB--I bake everything. Cookies not so much as I don't eat them. lol Except at Christmas.

Shout out to the rest of the NIRDIs!

cheer--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy safe travels to Marty! For frequent travelers I bet that TSA preappoval must be a godsend.

@canuk-gal glad you had a good ride. That always makes everything better.

@missy I hope that repairman makes you SZ right again! Crossing my fingers for you.

Just chilling while waiting for another lesson to finish... later ladies!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a quick Hi all.

Hope you're all OK, we had a bit of a situation yesterday, I can't really say anything about it ATM.

Our poor friends DIL is still in labour, they're estimating 4am Sunday, so 50 hrs in labour, and obviously extremely worrying for them all, just hoping and praying the baby and Beckie will be ok.

Will check in tomorrow. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, sorry the smoke is coming your way. Glad to hear you got in some cycling though. Baking Christmas cookies will be here before we know it.

LLJsmom, TSA pre is awesome, you just zip through the lines. Very nice. Marty said he had to redo something in his United app and his boarding pass showed up with Pre so he got through quickly. I picked up a mauve gel couture today so I plan on trying it tomorrow with hopes of it lasting until next weekend.

Austina, sorry to hear you had a situation yesterday. Hope things are going better today. Oh no to your friend's DIL being in labor fr 50 hours. Hoping she has delivered by now.

Some friend of Marty's is interested in buying our RV but naturally waited until Marty was out of town to decide he has to see it NOW. We've had it on consignment at a local RV dealer but it hasn't been hooked up for several years. I am sure nothing will work in it like the slides, heater, etc. And it's not like I know how to get that stuff to work anyway. Hopefully all goes well and he buys it. I am meeting him tomorrow. Their website says they are open on Sunday. We will see. I have keys but since it's on a RV lot I'm not going in it without someone from the dealership being there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

Austina I am sorry about your friend's DIL and I hope she is out of labor right now and has given birth to a happy healthy baby. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Marcy hope Marty got off safely even without pre approval and that he is where he needs to be. Glad you got laundry all done and hope you have a nice Sunday. Definitely be super safe re the RV and meeting anyone. Can this just wait till Marty gets back? I mean it isn't an emergency and it waited this long...my two cents FWIW.

Sharon glad you got cycling in during the nice part of the day and sorry it is so smoky there. Hope your knee continues to improve. Yes getting older takes its toll and the phrase "born astride the grave" comes to mind. Or more specifically-
“They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.”

Almost every single day lately I think of this phrase LOL. It's like we are just putting our pieces back together as best we can till we cannot do it anymore...sorry for that non cheery thought. Just being a bit dark this morning. But sending bright happy thoughts to all the lovely ladies here.

OK on that note here are some cheerful photos from these past few days.

First from our bike rides:

cyclinginsandyhook.jpg

sandyhooksky.jpg

then from last night in our back yard. Look at these gorgeous clouds and the light. Autumn light is coming as summer light is changing. Breathtaking.

backyardskyseptember2017.jpg

cloudsseptember2017backyardsky.jpg

septemberskyinbackyard.jpg

skyseptember2017.jpg

And of course the ice cream photo from yesterday's ride. Yummm. I call this (haha thanks Kristie) "Daybreak" Lol get it. Day break...and soon Days is closing for the season. sad :((

daysbreak.jpg

OK we are off for a bike ride. Enjoy this Sunday girls and again keeping all those affected by horrific Irma in our thoughts and prayers. Please be safe and sending virtual hugs and good thoughts to all.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, I'm glad you ditched the fridge and went to the beach lol! Sending good thoughts that the repairs go well next week, What a hassle. It's great you are enjoying good weather and getting a lot of cycling in. Gorgeous pics of the beautiful views at the beach! I didn't know Greg's father suffered from Alzheimer's - very sorry to hear that, such a devastating disease and so hard on the family. Thanks for your kind words - I'm going to check in as often as possible, I love my nirdis!

PierreBear, I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished ring! It is going to be a beauty. Thanks for the good thoughts - at this point we're not even going to bother with selling, we're willing to give the stufff away for free. A recipe with chocolate sounds great!

Marcy, love the story about the origin of the bears and bunnies! Very funny pics! It's great to be easily amused, isn't it? I think it keeps you young, at least in spirit lol. Sorry things at work were stressful this past week and I hope they're better next week. Good luck with the RV today and I hope Marty's friend buys it. Glad to hear the smoke is a bit better. Thanks for the good thoughts on the appraisal, not feeling confident it will be good news but we'll see.

Scandi, so glad you found someone to work on the outside, and sending good thoughts you find someone to finish the inside. I really hope it's finished by Christmas. Have a great week at the mountains!

Austina, sorry to hear you're dealing with an issue right now, I hope it is resolved soon. Keeping your friend's dil in my thoughts and hoping all goes well.

Nothing very interesting to report - just doing things around the house and going to the grocery store today. Going to my mother's tomorrow to do some things for the CO and continue clearing out the house. Not particularly looking forward to it. One bright spot is I will see my dd - she works in the same town (so weird) and is stopping by after work.

Have a good day everyone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous pictures Missy! I am happy your tandem bike worked out so well for you guys this season. My lady parts were thinking about one also after yesterdays ride!:lol-2:

Marcy, we have been enduring smoky months (advisories for smoke, etc)--BC fires have been burning a long while and devastating everything in its path. Very sad.

Austina--I hope your friend and her newborn are OK and safe. 50 hours of labour....well I can't even talk about that....:eek2:

Hello to all !

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, beautiful pictures. I miss seeing clear, blue skies.
Marty updated his app and reloaded his boarding pass and his pre TSA showed up. His global entry needed updated in there for some reason.
No worries about meeting those people to see the RV. They are friends of ours. I am not sure they will take it; I would even take less than Marty told him just to get rid of that payment. It’s sat there for 3 years so the sooner it’s gone the more money I’m going to save.
Good quote, it is so true. Life goes by in a blink.

Junebug, I agree - being amused can help us feel young. My maturity level can be questioned at almost any time but that’s another story.
If the do appraisals like the do them here it includes similar houses in the areas and what they recently sold for which makes it nice for setting a price. I sure wish it was a quicker process for you; I am thinking of you.
I hope you get a lot done tomorrow and how nice your DD will be stopping by to see you.

Sharon, I noticed there are a lot of fires up there too; and it’s been bad for several years.

I baked blueberry muffins and chocolate chip cookies for the bake sale tomorrow. It’s going to be a banana and chips and salsa for supper because I am done with cooking and dishes. I have 26 baggies of goodies to take in tomorrow.

We had a few sprinkles this afternoon but more thunder and lightning than anything.

Send dust my way that our RV gets sold. I could save those payments for some nice bling in about a year. Ha!

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. It is a somber anniversary today. 16 years since 9/11. I cannot believe all those years have passed so quickly. It seems almost like yesterday in many respects. I remember so clearly almost everything from that day. It was surreal.

Junie thank you and we love you! Hope the rest of your weekend was enjoyable and that this week goes smoothly and that you receive good news. Good luck today with the CO and clearing the rest of the house. You're on your way to being finished with this and each day brings you a step closer to freedom. Glad your DD is stopping by after work today. Enjoy!

Looking towards the trip back to Brooklyn with some apprehension as we don't know what we will find with the subzero but it was good to come to the beach house on this picture perfect weekend. Fingers crossed it will be OK in Brooklyn.

Sharon, yes we love the recumbent tandem trike and I recommend you giving it a test whirl if there are any dealers in your area or surrounding areas. Being low to the ground doesn't make me nervous anymore at all. We are very visible and also vigilant and we feel as safe on this as on our normal height bicycles. And with it being a trike we are super stable and no need to balance the bike when stopping for lights traffic and such. It is a great cycling experience. If you ever come this way you and your dh are more than welcome to take ours for a spin.

Hope the smoke clears by you and that your knee (and lady parts) continue to feel better.

Marcy great, that is a relief. Friends you trust. No danger there. Hope they decide they want it so they can remove that payment burden from you. Sending RV DUST your way. And more blingy dust for something shiny and dazzling with the extra money. Wow those blueberry muffins and chocolate chip cookies sound yummy. Glad Marty's pre TSA showed up when he reloaded his boarding pass-nice.

Austina hope your friend and her newborn is A-OK.

Callie glad your dad is out of the danger zone. What a huge relief.

OK today is a travel day. Leaving in a few hours. Then I have a busy afternoon and evening as my former colleagues and I have a date. This afternoon with my girlfriend D and then this evening with a few of my former colleagues for a dinner date at one of my favorite restaurants. So it is a busy day and I just hope everything goes smoothy when we get back to Brooklyn.

Sending more good thoughts to everyone affected by Irma and I hope the danger has passed and that everyone is safe and sound. (((Hugs))).

P

PierreBear

Good morning and hope ya'll had a great weekend! The social race went well and got to meet some of DH's coworkers that I haven't had the chance to meet yet. We've done it the past two years and this was the first year that it was only in the mid 80s by the time we were running. In the past it must have been in the 90s.
This weekend we made a pork and turnip dish. Very cajun (DH's side of the family is from Louisiana). We are clearing out our fridge of frozen meats so this is one of the last items. Pretty delicious and got me excited about the fall/winter where it's the time for stews, chili, soups... yum yum yum. The crock pot becomes my best friend.
Oh side question.... does anybody take probiotics in the pill form? I think I just need to buy a bottle on Amazon and try for myself but there are so many options and prices very so much. Was curious if anyone has a product they really liked and saw a significant impact on their health.

@marcy – Thanks for sharing the story about the killer rabbits versus the teddy bears, including pictures!!! Ya’ll are the cutest and it’s wonderful to have fun inside jokes. Quite a collection accumulated over time. Where do you store the 2 dozen teddy bears and 8 killer rabbits or do they sleep in the bed? I have one stuff animal that DH picked up at the airport, which was a penguin named Frank. I don’t even remember why he picked a penguin but it was during the time when he would travel every week. He would send pictures of where him and Frank the penguin traveled. Poor Frank just sits in my closet now. I don’t want to get rid of him but not sure where else he’s supposed to be. : )

Good luck with the RV sale. What did you decide to sell it? Or you already put it through all the good adventures so it’s time to give it to another person to enjoy? It’s my MIL’s dream to have one and cruise around in, but it’s my FIL’s worst nightmare.

Oh I almost posted my reply before mentioning that I thought of you this past weekend. DH and I were watching this Netflix series called Abstract and each episode focuses on an artist/designer in their area of specialty. We watched one that followed the global head designer of Chrysler. His story is pretty amazing and there are some fun cars in there to view from classic to autonomous concept cars. Anyhow, thought you might like to check it out since you are a car fan. Not quite a porsche but it was still interesting to me even though I don't know much about vehicles.

@missy – Who knew a subzero fridge would keep you so busy during retirement? Hopefully the replacement of the sensors was the last step to allow the advice to function appropriately.

Wonderful cycling pictures. I’ll need to take pictures of our views next time on the bike. The other day we saw a wild boar. Granted, we were in the “country” side of East Austin but that was not the norm. Most of the time the highlight are some cows/goats/donkey. It’s not very pretty over here!

Have fun with your colleagues/girlfriends. Hope you post some good food pictures!

@Scandinavian – Good luck with your continual construction. May I ask if you find some joy in designing your home? Does it come easy to you or is it as hard as picking out a ring setting and figuring out what looks good or not. Hahaha…. I always admire those design shows where someone can walk into a house and just imagine “oh just knock down this wall here and then put a kitchen island there and the flow will look so much better.” I can only tell if things look good or not after it’s finished or I need to look at 1,000 examples and then still only be 75% sure.

@canuk-gal – I didn’t know that you cycled. Are you another fellow tandem rider like Missy or do you do road/tri/mountain? How did you get into cycling? I hope that it means your knee is feeling better!

I wish I knew how to avoid cookies. It’s such a quick dessert to grab and eat so it gets me in trouble. When it’s a cake or something that requires a fork, I think a little bit harder about whether I should indulge or not. I’ve been known to eat desserts for breakfast. Hey! Eat it while it’s fresh is how I justify it!

@Austina – Oh my… 50 hours of labor. Hope everyone is doing ok.

@junebug17 – Hope you had fun with your DD. It must have been nice to see her. Did ya’ll do anything special together or perhaps it was a quick visit?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Belated happy anniversary @canuk-gal it's quite an achievement these days to be married for such a long time. I shredded all my medial meniscle cartilage during a jujitsu manoeuvre, I thought it was just a sprain so ignored it, but there were says I could barely hobble. Eventually I saw a specialist and needed an arthroscopy. Now there are times my knee gets painful from bone rubbing on bone :(

I don't know if the others agree @PierreBear but I think this stage in the marriage, retired, no stresses from young children, time to do things together is the best. Glad you had a great weekend and the race went well.

Enjoy your week in the mountains @Scandinavian - no plumbing :shock::-o

The killer bunnies and teddies are hilarious @marcy :lol: Fingers crossed on the RV sale. I don't know if I should tell you this, but DH bought me a polar bear on the day I lost my virginity :oops: Honestly, it wasn't the bear, I'm not that cheap :lol: Before Dottie, we always had Old English Sheepdogs, so I have 2 fluffies I n the bedroom.

I hope you've had good news on the appraisal @junebug17 and have had success with getting the items removed. When DH's mother moved in to a care facility, he was tasked with selling her house and disposing of her things. She wanted to know how much he got got for her stuff, and was surprised he'd had to pay someone to take it away!

Hope the temporary repair has held up and you don't arrive home to any nasty surprises @missy love the photos, we've had horrible weather this weekend, which has continued today. We got out and back before it started raining.

After 55 1/2 hours, our friends DIL finally gave birth yesterday to Callie Mary Alice weighing in at 7lbs 9oz. Poor girl, what an ordeal for her, which ended in a forceps delivery. Thankfully mother and baby are doing well. I can't imagine she'll be wanting to do it again:shock:

Hard to believe 9/11 was 16 years ago, I remember seeing events unfold as they happened, it was totally horrifying and I really couldn't believe what I was seeing.

It's quite shocking seeing people trying to take advantage of another terrible situation, the images of people looting is unbelievable, what has happened to common decency these days?

Sorry if I've missed anyone, hope you're all having a good day :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PierreBear congrats on successfully finishing the race! Oh I love all animals boars included...how fun to see one.
I eat fermented vegetables every day instead of taking pill form probiotics. Perhaps research the pros and cons of each. My gastroenterologist prefers fermented veggies over pills as he said we just don't know what is absorbed when taking supplements. I am sure some of the NIRDIs take probiotics so looking forward to seeing what they recommend.

Austina congrats on the birth of sweet Callie Mary Alice. She is a good weight! Poor mom after all those hours in labor and hopefully she is recovering well and I imagine quite relieved! Sorry about the continuing rain and hope the weather clears up very soon for you.

OK we are off in a little while. Enjoy the day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, yes it is a sad and somber anniversary. I also remember that day very clearly and I was only watching it from afar.
Seeing all the destruction and damage from Irma is heartbreaking. So many people impacted by these hurricanes. I hope Jose stays out in the ocean.
I am so glad you and Greg are thoroughly enjoying your trike tandem. It appears to be working out very well for you. I was worried it would be hard for cars to see but of course you guys took care of that with your cool flags.
I hope your busy day was fun. That’s nice to catch up with friends and former colleagues.
Any news on your subzero?

PierreBear, that’s great your race went so well and nice to meet some of your DH’s coworkers. Good deal it was a bit cooler than normal.
Yes, fall is coming. I love coming home to a nice warm meal after work. I used those crock pot liners so it’s easy clean up too.
Frank sounds cute and how fun he visited some places with your DH. The bears, rabbits and yes some Snoopy’s mostly hang out in the living room and den. I have room for plenty more too. I haven’t done a family shot recently; I should do that this weekend.
Our RV is for sale because we no longer have a vehicle that can pull it. It’s a 40 foot 5th wheeler. We had a F250 diesel to pull it and Marty had to soup it up to tow that behemoth down the road. Our current house has a HOA and you can’t leave RV’s parked at your home so we had to find a place to store it when we moved. Marty prefers golf over camping and I’m like your FIL - it’s not my favorite thing to do. We basically used it for star parties and this one was large enough and nice enough I didn’t mind camping. Our first RV was a 26 or 28 foot trailer and it was just too small for all of our cold weather gear for star gazing.
Thank you for the recommendation about the show on the head designer of Chrysler. I really am interested in cars of all kinds. I watch most of the car shows and I guess I come by it naturally as my dad was a mechanic. I feel the need for speed. I sent Marty a link today on a new Bugatti Chiron that set a new speed record. He wants one. It’s 1500 hp and went 249 and back in under 42 seconds. WOW!
I had to chuckle at your eat it while it’s fresh logic. When I used to make cakes for us we’d each have a piece the first day. Maybe Marty would have a piece the second day and then it was all up to me. I usually threw about 1/2 of it out. I think cookies are my favorite though.

Austina, we are amused by the killer rabbits and teddy bears. You have a special polar bear then. I don’t think any of us NIRDI’s are cheap. :lol:
I am sure your DH and you had your work cut out for you taking care of your MIL’s stuff and house. It is hard to try and sell things from a lifetime in a home. My sister sold some of my parent’s furniture when we were cleaning out their home but I was giving things away to anyone who would take it. It is an overwhelming task for sure.
55.5 hours of labor sounds horrible. I am glad mom and baby are doing fine now. She must be exhausted.

My wavy lines seem worse again today. They had a new image of the rings of Saturn today that showed a wave in them and I couldn’t see it - all those lines had waves. I sent the picture to Marty and my best friend saying “that’s not funny all those rings look wavy”.

Our friends want to see our RV with the slides out. Since they are hydraulic I need power to our RV so I called the dealership and the guy I talked to had absolutely no idea that huge 5th wheeler on the right side of the lot is on consignment. I’m like no wonder it hasn’t sold in 3 years. Anyway the guy I have to talk to was out sick today so hopefully we can arrange something tomorrow. I want to see about getting the floor fixed in there regardless if they buy it or not. It may help sell it to the next person. Heat split the linoleum on the kitchen floor. Marty asked them to fix it for us so they put duck tape down the split which of course split open and curled up even more. Um that’s not what we meant about fixing it.

I had a burger at the mall for supper then looked at earrings in the mall jewelers. The St. Jude's Teddy Bear and Puppy Dog are out at Kay's but I didn't buy any tonight. I don't think the bear is very cute this year. I'll go back sometime and buy some to donate though.

Have a great Tuesday! :wavey:
Marcy

P

PierreBear

A quick hello! A busier time at work trying to get a presentation ready. Hope everyone is doing well!

@Austina – glad you are in your favorite stage of marriage but also that you ya’ll have stood through the test of good times and trials to reach it.

Happy birthday Callie Mary Alice! What is a forceps delivery? I’m scared to google it and for images to come up. Poor mother but glad they are all doing well.

@missy – Ah, I too eat fermented vegetables. But one can only eat so much kimchi. When I cook Asian cuisine, I incorporate kimchi but I don’t think I can just eat it on a daily basis by itself. I ended up ordering something on Amazon to give the pill form a try just to see. I’ll report back after some tries. But I agree that your body can only absorb so much whether it’s probiotics or vitamins.

@marcy – 40 foot machine would be difficult to pull. I have a hard enough time safely driving a car/suv so I can only imagine the hazard I would be if I had to navigate with an RV at the back. Using it for star parties sounds like such a fun event!

Oh so neat that your father was a mechanic. I guess he must have showed you the basics on changing out the tire and the oil? My best friend’s father showed me multiple times. I think I can do it in an emergency setting but haven’t personally had to do it before.

Good luck for fixing the floor of the RV. It’s always tough to know how much money you put into something to sell. It is true with houses to put money in to sell it at a higher price so I suppose it would be the same with RV consumers since it’s almost essentially a home.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@PierreBear - if you think you might ever want children, DON'T Google forceps delivery :lol: Hope your presentation prep is going well.

Yikes, seems people really don't have any common sense @marcy - did they really think by fixing that you meant a bit of tape:???:? I hope you sell the RV quickly, I'm sure it'll be a relief not to be paying for something you're no longer using.

Oh no to the wavy lines, I hope it's just a temporary blip :(

MIL was a hoarder and had lived in the house for over 70 years, so you can imagine how much stuff she had.

I hope Missy's absence isn't a sign of big troubles at home :(

Had to go for a routine mammogram today, they bring a mobile screening vehicle to the car park of a local supermarket :shock: It always strikes me as a strange job for the nurses having to manhandle other women's boobs :lol:

Hope all is well with the other NIRDI's :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, fingers crossed the fridge gets fixed and there are no problems for years to come.

@PierreBear ... please dont google forceps delivery. There are some things in life we are better off not seeing. This may be one of them. Once you see it, you can't unsee it. The picture of the cake you made looked so delicious.

@Austina , Congratulations to your friends on the birth of the their granddaughter. I feel so bad for Callie's mom. It sounds like a very hard birth. I had no idea they would let you stay in labor this long anymore.

Marcy, I hope your eye is doing better. Good luck with selling the RV. I can't believe they put duct tape on floor and they considered that fixing the problem. That's just insane.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls! How are you all doing today?

Marcy I hate that your wavy lines are worse. How are they today? Perhaps a call to your doctor to let him know what is goig on and maybe he will want you to come in to repeat some of the tests? Thinking good thoughts for you sweetie. Tell those killer bunnies to behave until you are feeling all better ok? Good luck fixing the floor of the RV.

Austina how nice that you are in your favorite stage of marriage and I agree as we get older it gets better. And I think that is because with everything else falling apart (appliances, our bodies, our minds haha) the universe has to give us something positive right? LOL
Hope your mammo went well today. That sounds like an easy way to do it 1,2,3.

You are so right about my silence this AM. I didn't have the energy to even check into PS. This fridge thing among a few other issues is bringing me a bit down. Silly I know. I gotta toughen up. You would think after breaking a few bones and being out of commission for 8 months and Greg's melanoma diagnosis a few years ago this would be nothing for me. More details below.

PierreBear I don't eat that much of fermented veggies but a good serving once a day before dinner. I think in moderation is good and I hope I don't have to eat more because I don't make it myself and buying it is pricey. I get mine online from pickled planet as they have my favorite fermented veggies. Let me know what you think of the pills. I used to take probiotic supplements that had to be refrigerated (haha doesn't everything worthwhile need refrigeration how ironic) but didn't see any positive changes so I stopped after a few years. But who knows what I was looking to see anyway LOL. Any bling updates?

Callie honey thanks. And thanks for keeping me company today. Hope your shopping went well and was fun today.

Kristie Swoon!!!

OMG OK You just cannot make this stuff up. Repair guy still here after quite the mess up. They (He) ordered the wrong part. Yup that is right. I feel like I am in a Seinfeld episode. Remember the one where Jerry makes a reservation to rent a car and he gets there and they are out of the car he reserved? And Jerry is like well that is one of the most important parts of the reservation. Taking it is step one but then holding the reservation well that is key. As is ordering the CORRECT part please LOL. Seriously (Meredith haha) I feel like I am in a sitcom.

So after a 3 hour delay he is back and has a 3 hour job ahead of him and who knows if at the end of it our fridge will work. I am exhausted. And all I can think is did he diagnose the problem correctly? Is this actually going to fix the fridge? I don't have confidence in this process and company right now. Sigh.

Yesterday was fun and so nice to see Doris. We actually rescheduled our other colleagues because she was super hungry when we arrived at my apartment and one of the colleagues we were meeting was ill anyway so it was OK to reschedule with the others. Michael didn't mind at all. So easy going. So Doris and I went out to lunch and then spent the rest of the day together walking around and chatting. It was lovely. Wish she would retire already lol.
Some yummy teas. Mint on left and green tea on right.
teas.jpg

Fresh crispy salads
saladatdao.jpg

And onto the main vegan courses. So yummy.
daopalate.jpg

daopalate.jpeg

So now just waiting for the repair guy to finish up and fingers crossed he gets the fridge working properly.

Hope you lovely ladies enjoy a great evening. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, sorry the repair isn't going smoothly, I totally get how something like this can wear you down. It is draining. Hang in there, it might take a while but these repairmen will figure it out. It's great that at least you have a working fridge, otherwise this would suck even more!

I'm glad you got out and had a nice time with your friend. The drinks and food look delicious!

Sharon, it's terrible those fires have been going on for months. I hope your knee is feeling ok these days.

PierreBear, so glad you had a good time at the race and dinner. Your turnip and pork dish sounds delicious! I need to start using my crockpot more. DD, my brother, and I just sat around and chatted for a while. I have been taking Natures Bounty Probiotic 10 for a while, although I forget sometimes. I *think* they help a little but who really knows lol.

Austina, we're dealing with the same situation, we've tried selling some things and nobody is interested. My brother did have some success selling a few tools and pieces of machinery. I'm so glad your friend's dil had her baby and everyone is doing well. What an ordeal for her, and everyone must be so relieved and happy that baby Callie is finally here. Now that's an interesting place to go for a mammogram lol! Definitely convenient.

Marcy, I'm sorry your eyesight seems a little worse right now and I'm hoping it's just a temporary thing. I can't believe they used duct tape and considered that a fix! I do hope the RV sells, more money for bling! (Marty might not agree with me on that one)

Dh and I ended up going to my mother's on Sunday to help my brother move some furniture from the second floor to the first - dh will be away next weekend and my brother and I want to put it out next week. People did respond to the "for free" listing on Craig's list and took some of the bigger pieces.

Not much else going on - I hope everyone is doing well!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

PierreBear, I hope your presentation went well. I had to come up with one for the astronomy club meeting Friday. I found a video on YouTube about the Voyager Space Probes. Easy!
Trust me a car or SUV is challenging enough for me too. Hence my nickname Curby. I damaged the wheels on my car by hitting curbs. Ha.
Seeing the stars at 9100 feet in completely dark skies was always worth camping out.
Sadly as a mechanic’s daughter I can’t do a thing. I know about cars but not how to fix them or change a tire. It was always just done for me.
I think fixing the RV might help sell it but probably won’t result in more money. I sure hope it sells.

Austina, I think common sense is more illusive than we wish it would be. I think my vision has slipped a bit again - maybe it’s stress related.
I can imagine how much stuff was in your MIL’s house. My sister and BIL are hoarder’s and I am always stunned when I go to their house. My parents were in their house over 60 years and it was unreal how much stuff they accumulated. When my mom had no chance of ever going home my dad spent his time when he wasn’t at the hospital cleaning out a lot of her stuff so some of it had already been thinned out. He died 5 months after she did. I think he did it for something to do.
I am having a hard time they do breast exams in a boobmobile. I guess it gets more people to have them.

Callie, I didn’t google pictures of that but I already have horrible images in my mind. I didn’t think they even did that anymore. Glad the baby is okay. I bet your flowers are looking fabulous! I love the flowers in the fall.
No, duct tape did not work to stop the curling up of vinyl flooring. It is rather funny they thought it would.

Missy, I thought the lines were better as the day went on. I am wondering if I am kind of allergic to those drops. They make my lips kind of itch and swell, I get kind of itchy and I am pretty sure they give me a sore throat. I will see how things go tomorrow and Thursday. My next appointment isn’t for 2 more weeks.
Sorry you are having a rough time. We are here for you.
I hope the part (when he finally got it) fixed your fridge and it will be cold and good as new in the morning.
Those teas look delicious. I like orange spice or peach. I am glad you had such a nice time with Doris.

Junebug, I know some people think duck tape fixes anything but the floor? I told Marty tonight this will cost him a diamond or sapphire. Ha!
Glad to hear you got rid of some furniture on Craig’s list. Our city has a local garage sale on FB where you can post things including free for whoever comes and picks it up. Good luck with that.

I was up about an hour later than normal last night watching the Broncos game. I was playing just 5 more minutes then I opened my Dish Anywhere app and watched it in bed but still ended up watching it through the very last second.

Thanks for the good luck wishes on the selling the RV. It turned in to a PITA for me today. The sales guy I talked to yesterday called me first thing this morning saying they didn't have our RV on consignment, he said someone moved it over to the storage side and since we've had it stored there that long we either owed them storage fees or we had to remove it from their property. I'm like REALLY? So I called Marty and told him he needs to deal with it. I never heard back from him so I sent him at text about 3 and he said sorry I've been running all day and I'll do what a can. Of course my BP is peaking by then since I told him at least once a month for well over a year to go out there and see what we needed to do to sell that stupid thing.

After work I go out there with my contract and ask to talk to the guy who Marty signed the contract with and he was very kind. Apparently some guy who quit there 2 years ago said we no longer wanted to sell it on consignment and moved it to the storage side. They tore up our contract. Luckily they still had our keys. Huh? So he made out a new contract and will get it ready for that couple to go see it tomorrow. We are going to pay for the floor to be replaced in the kitchen and whatever repairs he finds. I am sure it needs new batteries; they last 2 seasons at best with our winters here. I figure if it sells for our asking price, plus I pay them 10% commission plus repairs I'm out 16K to get out of it but that's almost what I paid for it the 3 years it's been on the lot. Cross your fingers and toes the RV sells. That $20,000 off a $80,000 RV seemed like a great deal at the time. Not so much when you want to sell it though. RV's don't hold their value at all.

I stopped and picked up 2 pieces of cheese pizza for supper and had some slow churned ice cream when I got home.

My Essie Gel still looks pretty good for day 2. One spot on top has a scrape but the ends aren't chipping off yet.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie hello there. Hope the week is going well for you. Glad some of the bigger pieces were picked up. That's a relief to get rid of the bigger stuff and the rest will be cleared out in due time. Sending more good thoughts your way.

Marcy oy what a mess up re your RV. How does a contract get torn up without a duplicate in your possession? So sorry you're dealing with this and hoping it sells soon and you don't lose much money and definitely you need some bling after all of this. A big fat OEC or OEC band perhaps. 8):halo:
Cheese pizza and slow churned ice cream. Delicious.

Hugs to you and hoping your eye problems are resolved. Wishing you clear comfortable vision.

So as of now the subzero is working. Hoping it keeps on working. Fingers crossed. We have been down this oath before in the past 2 weeks so I'm hoping hard this is the correct and king term fix. Thanks for hanging in there with me girls.

Getting a much needed long overdue haircut today. My hair is a wreck. Last cut was in January think. The split ends are crazy. I think Tuey will have to cut 6" off it's such a mess.

IMG_5342.JPG

Fred says good morning to all.
He's glad Felipe is gone and hopefully not needed to come back anytime soon!

IMG_1770.JPG

Have a great day and maybe I'll see you later. :wavey:

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Today was baking class. We made a chocolate sponge cake with chocolate ganache filling and buttercream icing. All that sounds great but it still turned out a bit dry. Good learning experience and my partner was so good at dividing the cake into thirds and icing it.
20170913_125642.jpg 20170913_130314.jpg

@Austina – Presentation prep is going well. Sent it out to the group for edits and comments. Nice to get that underway before the end of the week. OK won’t google forceps delivery!!

Hope your mammogram results showed healthy tissue!

@Callicake – Now you are the second person to say don’t google it. I’m a bit tempted now.. haha jk. I think I can imagine what it is and can only imagine the pain.

Hope your jewelry adventures are going well!

@missy – I took my first probiotic pill this morning. Interesting that the bottle said to take it in-between meals or on an empty stomach. I think the best time for me to take it is in the morning but I eat breakfast shortly afterwards. Lets see if it helped me digest cake better since it was baking class today and I ate 2 pieces instead of 1. I was a bad girl today.

No bling updates yet! Still waiting to hear back from Adam.

That second picture with the zucchini is vegan? What are those slices on top? It looks like beef? Whatever it is, I need to try and make it.

Oohh lovey wavy hair. Looks great! I actually let DH cut my hair and I cut his hair. Pretty ridiculous pair we are but we just don’t like making the time to go to the salon. I always wonder what our neighbors think of us, sitting in the garage cutting each others hair. I’m due for one soon. It’s starting to feel like hay!

@junebug17 – Thanks for sharing your probiotic brand. I know what you mean that there are things you do for the body that you aren’t really sure of its effects. Maybe it’s not until 10 years later where you say “oohhh good thing I have been doing x, y, and z.”

Glad the craigslist adventures went well and the bigger pieces are gone.

@marcy – haha nice nickname, curby! Damaging wheels on our own car is ok in my book. Damaging someone else’s car is the only “no no.” I don’t think I can parallel park properly. Always looking for those spots to pull into. I’m ready for those autonomous driverless cars where you will be able to hop in and out. How do you feel about transportation going in that direction?

Yummm pizza! Haven’t had that in awhile.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, your hair cut looks great! You have very pretty hair.
Fred is a cutie and looks comfy as usual.
Yay that your subzero is working. I hope it won’t give you any more problems.
I had a copy of our contract so the guy at the RV dealer just copied it. I didn’t hear from anyone today so I don’t know if our friends went out and talked to them or not. I decided I’d had enough of it yesterday.
You ladies sure have me thinking about that OEC band. Kristie’s is gorgeous for sure.
Thanks for wishing me good luck with my vision.

PierreBear, you cake looks and sounds delicious.
You and your DH are braver than we are; I don’t think either Marty or I would trust each other to cut our hair. That might have something to do with my frequent offer to cut Marty’s hair with a weed whacker. I don’t know why he never took me up on it.
I trashed the wheels on my Audi’s and had to have them repaired when we traded them in. So far I’ve only done minor damage to my Porsche. At least now I know I have a reason to have problems with depth perception.
My car has that driver’s assist and it’s rather strange to use it. I put it on one day and used it all the way to work. It lost the car in front of it when we were going around corners but other than that it worked great. All I had to do was steer it and put on the brakes when I got to work. My last car had the same thing plus lane correction but I hated that so I didn’t add it to my new car. I am like you; love the spots I can pull in and out of. Some day we’ll probably all be letting our cars drive us around.

I picked up my new glasses today. They aren’t bad. I had to increase the size of things on my iPad and laptop so they are sure different than my other glasses. I will faithfully wear them for a few days to see if my brain adjusts.

My eye drops are most likely giving me some side effects. They are from the same family as anti inflammatory medicine like I used to take for arthritis and that stuff broke me out in a rash from head to toe. It looked like I was burned. I couldn’t sleep last night because I felt funny and was itching like crazy. Phooey.

Laters,
Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy Ugh! So sorry about those darn eye drops. Can't anything just work without complications? And I can't even begin to understand how the RV situation can be so messed up. I hope you sell it soon! And hope the lines stop waving. I feel you about the eyes. Mine seem to get tired so much sooner than they used to. :(2 You tried the Essie Gel Couture! What color? I have wearing To Have and to Gold, and shimmery pink. It's nice, but I thought there would actually be some gold in it.

@missy Fingers crossed that the SZ keeps working! You have been through so much. I'm very sorry. I know it's such a pain when the fridge breaks down. My dad breaks his own fridge because he can't stop buying so much food that every time you open the freezer you have to be ready to jump and avoid whatever frozen hunk of meat lands on your toes.

@PierreBear That cake looks AMAZING. I need a piece NOW. Slurp!! Yeah, this is why I can't get to my goal of getting Phoenix's body. No will power whatsoever. Will run for dessert. I bought a whole box of It's It from Costco. Those are sooooo good!! I still have three more in the fridge. DS may get to it before me.

@azstonie :love::love::love:

@junebug17 Sending you lots of real estate dust! Almost there...

@Austina 55.5 hours? I would retire right now. After that ordeal??? It's a blessing the baby and mother are both OK.

I'm getting busy with busy season now. And the busier I get the more I want bling. I told DH about my VCA plans and he wasn't happy, which made me want to buy it even more. I'm not very rational right now. I need to get through the next month, not buy anything, take a break, and then see if I am still interested. I get this way 2 days before Aunt Dot arrives, and when I'm busy at work. He goes, "I thought you said you reset was all you needed." Hmmm... Did I say that? Can't remember. And even if I did, why would he ever believe me? :P2

Other than that DS is looking at colleges. He's a sophomore now. He likes Harvey Mudd. Great. That's like $50-$60K just for tuition. Nevermind actually eating and having a place to sleep. Well, HM is very hard to get into. I'm just tying not to get to stressed about this college thing. Everything is so expensive. No more bling for a while.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

PierreBear OMG that looks so delicious! Yummmmmmmmm.
As for the vegan dishes yes they are both vegan. I had sautéed veggies and tofu with lettuce wraps and Doris had mango soy protein. They do amazing things with vegan.
Wow good for you and your dh cutting each other's hair. I so wish I had straight hair. I don't think I dare cut my curly hair by myself. I would surely mess it up. I'm sort of a klutz. :((

Marcy Thank you so much and LOL that is the before photo :lol: but thank you and I could have saved over $100 for the cut. Tuey's prices have gone up and for the haircut it was too much. Basically all I ever get is a straight trim though he did cut a few inches. Getting a haircut is expensive here so luckily I only get one twice a year or so lol. I didn't get any color as I try not stressing my hair out too much so that is planned for about 6 weeks from now.

Ugh I am so sorry about the drops. Can you try keeping them in the fridge and seeing if that lessens the reaction? Or is it just a NO because the reaction is getting worse? Can you also instill something like (preservative free) refresh plus tears (again keep in fridge) about 15 minutes after you instill the anti-inflammatory drops perhaps lessening the negative side effect reaction? I hope the new glasses start feeling more comfortable and provide clearer vision.

Good plan not thinking about the RV situation right now. I think you have done more than enough and now IMO leave the rest of this mess to Marty. And let's start planning your OEC addition to your beautiful bling collection. When should I expect your visit?:cool2:

LLJsmom thanks for the SZ wishes. So far so good. LOL about your dad cramming the fridge/freezer:lol:. Sounds like my mom.
Sorry you are on a bling hiatus. Like you I need (OK want) BIG bling. Big eyes. Not so big pocketbook.8) I cannot believe your DS is looking at colleges already. OMG that is big bling right there...but well college for your ds more important. Right?:twisted:No no it is.:halo::bigsmile: There is time for big beautiful bling later.:bigsmile:

I cannot believe your busy season is here already. It seems like it just finished and here it is back again. It's all going too fast.

Junie how's the week going? Any updates for us?

Scandi hope your absence means you are busy finishing the house and things are going fast and well.

Saw Tuey and Cuko yesterday and it was very nice. All except Tuey's prices going up. I have to learn to cut my hair myself. Kristie can you help me? But my curly hair is not as easy as straight so perhaps I should leave it to the hair experts.

I took a few photos for you ladies. First up my sweet Cuko. He is almost 16 and now has cataracts poor sweetheart.

cuko.jpg

cuko.jpeg

And then when I got home I snapped a hair photo to compare the before I shared the other day vs the after. He cut abut 2 to 2 and a half inches. I don't like the way he styles it with too much product so it was sort of wild on the sides LOL.:o Luckily it has calmed down today.

haircuttueyseptember2017.jpg

So it is getting hot here again. We are supposed to leave for the beach tomorrow for over a week just because but we will see how/if you know what continues working. I cannot be afraid to leave yet somehow I am.::)

That's all for now girls. I hope everyone enjoys a lovely Thursday. (((Hugs))).

P

PierreBear

Good morning! There was a fire alarm that went off this week due to some plumbing issue so now there is no AC at work. It’s usually way too cold in the office but lack of air circulating is pretty difficult too. Other than that, today is my “Friday” as DH and I are driving to OK city for a race on Saturday. This one isn’t a social race but I need to remind myself that I need to have fun but still be diligent as this is a practice run for the big November race. Hopefully the weather will be cool and there won’t be any injuries.

@marcy – oohhh what OEC band?! Sorry, I think I missed this part of the story. Well you know Xmas feels like it is right around the corner. I can’t believe that it’s mid September already. Next though you know, it will be Halloween and then Thanksgiving.

Haha I don’t know if we are brave but rather just lazy. I have long hair and as long as you can cut it straight then it will be ok. I’ll admit that I take my own sheers the day after and trim it up a bit. It’s hard to mess that up. With guy’s hair, I’ll admit I’m challenged with using the electric razor but it grows out so quickly so any “bad hair cut” blends in pretty soon.

Interesting what you mentioned about lane correction. None of our cars have it but I hear about other people not preferring it. They feel like they are fighting with the wheel. Perhaps it’s because there is so much construction over here that the lanes that are supposed to be marked off with paint just isn’t clear.

Hope your new glasses works out. Do you get dizzy when trying out a new prescription? Sorry to hear about the eye drops giving you side effects. Hopefully there is something different that is still just as effective. Is it strange that it took you some time before the body developed a side effect?

@LLJsmom – haha… I’m like you that I workout to be able to indulge in some goodies. I haven’t heard of It’s It before and perhaps it’s good that I don’t know about it. I felt pretty grossed out with myself yesterday. I ate two pieces of the cake even though it was pretty dry, knowing that I was meeting some of my girlfriends for an Acai smoothie bowl. I was so sugared out though that I passed on the smoothie bowl and tried a beet/veggie spring roll with peanut sauce. I know I know… hippy stuff that I would usually pass up on but I’ll admit it was actually really good. Perhaps anything savory to balance out the two cakes would have tasted good though. I need more self-control too!

Interesting that if you are busier with work then you think about more bling. I think I’m the opposite when it’s my busy time (front half of the year), I’m too exhausted to think about anything else. However, if I have more idle time then I start to dream away. Even though your bling desires makes it sound like “you are not rational,” I think it’s clear with every purchase that you deliberate and take the time to analyze each piece that your purchase. You put in so much thought into it that I think you should give yourself some credit. : )

@missy – Interesting about the mango soy protein. Who knew there were such things. I doubt you are a klutz though. If you can cycle by being attached to another human being, that’s an A+ in coordination in my books.

Hope your fridge continues to work well! Enjoy the beach. By the way, love your maxi dress. Looks comfortable and so stylish.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Everything crossed the SZ is finally fixed @missy Dottie sends a big woof to Fred - she also sits with her front paws crossed, it's so cute.:love: Do you know, I'm sure I've seen something for long hair that enables you to be able to cut your own hair straight. If I find it, I'll post the link. $100 for a cut sounds steep, I don't pay that much to get my roots done, cut and blow dry. I have to have mine cut every 5 weeks, it grows like grass! If I hadn't had it cut since January, it'd be as long as yours :-o Yay to spending the week at beach house, it's sounds idyllic.

Wow @PierreBear the cake looks great, shame it was a little dry, just a little too long in the oven :( Whenever I make a cake, I have to ration it or DH would eat it all in one go! Good luck with the race this weekend, I hope it stays cool and dry for you.

@marcy the RV people sound totally incompetent, I'm glad you've got things sorted out now, and wish you a quick sale. It's a lot of money to have tied up in something you're not using. I hope your eyes aren't causing too many problems today, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if stress is a contributory factor to the wavy lines.

People here complain about 'high' tuition fees for university @LLJsmom but they are nothing compared to fees there. When our DS did his BSc it was only £1000 a year and £5000 for his MSc, I think it's £8000 a year now, which is ridiculously cheap.

I'm glad you've managed to get rid of some of the bigger items @junebug17
Hopefully you're getting there and it'll soon be done. So lovely that you got to spend time with your DD.

I think the boobmobile is used to encourage women to go by using convenient locations, which is all for the good. Result back in 2 weeks.

Hi @Calliecake and @canuk-gal hope all is well with you both :razz: :wavey:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found it!

It's this tool

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, my gel polish looks great and I’m on day 5. I will check out the colors you have. I have 3 colors now - inside scoop, touch up and stitch by stitch. I saw another mauve I might pick up but 3 should do me for a while.
It would be nice if things could work without complications but that would make me nervous that something else is going to happen.
That hurts when a hunk of meat falls on your foot out of the freezer. Ouch!
I don’t think I’ll ever quit wanting something else that sparkles. I hope you make it through your crazy busy season. I’ll be busy for 9 months now. Darn.
Good idea for your DS to start exploring colleges now. I don’t think any of them are cheap anymore. It seems like my nieces started applying for scholarships at least by the junior year. Such fun!

Missy, wow to a $100 haircut. Mine have been running $27 recently. I go every 5 weeks mostly because my bangs start getting too long.
I will try some refresh drops after the eye drop. Good idea. What does refrigerating them do? Just curious. That reminds me I forgot to pick up more refresh drops at Walgreens tonight. My reaction last night wasn’t quite as bad as the night before and I thought I’d put them in earlier tonight so It’s not when I am going to bed.
My new glasses are pretty good today. I think they will work! Yay!
I am glad to turn over the RV mess to Marty, his buddy and the salesman at the RV dealer. I still keep hoping it will sell soon. Then I can save money for trips and diamonds.
Your hair cut looks great. It’s always nice to get a trim. I like your dress; it is very pretty.
Have fun at the beach. I hope your subzero is working great.
Tuey and Cuko are cuties.

PierreBear, I bet it is hot at the office without AC. Hopefully it will be running again when you go back next week. Good luck in the race this weekend.
Adam has a 6 stone OEC band that that one of our dear NIRDI’s bought. It is GORGEOUS!!!! I am considering buying one maybe in platinum. I need to wait out the RV mess before I decide if I should buy anything though. I’m with you that I can’t believe it’s mid September already. Christmas is very close. Ssh don’t say that out loud.
I only tried to cut my hair once; it was a complete disaster. I am sure you guys are pretty experienced at it now.
I hated that lane correction because it really startles you and yes it feels like you are fighting with the wheel. I have lane assist on this car and it will beep at you if you wander over the lines but doesn’t jerk the wheel.
My new glasses are doing pretty good for me. My laptop was not very clear last night but it’s fine tonight. I do get dizzy at first with a new prescription. Do you wear glasses?
The eye drops gave me side effects right away; they have just intensified. It’s been 30 minutes now and my head, teeth, tongue, lips, ears and throat are already kind of tingling, itching and burning. It kind of progresses and by the time I go to bed it’s pretty bad. I kind of taste it even the next day.

Austina, I hope the RV people have it all sorted out and handled now. I was going to drive by to see if the slides are out or if they moved it to the for sale side but I didn’t really want to know if they haven’t done anything yet. I thought about that on my vision being enhanced by stress. I sure have been feeling stressed for a few weeks. I think today was the first time in a long time I thought this is a heck of a time for Marty to be gone. I have always been very good about it’s his job, I support him no matter what.
I think the boobmobile is a great idea.

Thank you all so much for your support about the RV and my eye. I know there are a lot bigger problems in the world.

I met my girl friend for our weekly luncheon today so that was fun. They just put in an offer on a new home that was accepted so she was all excited. She is coming over to watch the Broncos game with me on Sunday.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results