carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

PierreBear hope your dh arrived home safe and sound last night and good luck today!!! Have a safe trip and enjoy your time together and I hope you guys achieve a personal best in the race.

Austina thanks for that link. I think with curly hair it is a unique cutting experience very different than cutting straight hair but I am going to watch this video and see if I think I can do it. $110 just for a trim is excessive for me and it is not just Tuey who has these prices. NYC rents make the cost of services too expensive but of course you must have the same experience living where you live. Please hug Dottie from me and how funny that both Fred and Dottie sit with their paws crossed. He always does and it makes us smile. He seems so content with his paws crossed and that makes us happy and content.

Marcy refrigerating the drops helps take the sting out of them but if the effects are systemic it probably won't do much but try it anyway. When you instill the drops put in the minimum necessary i.e. one drop at a time and wait a few minutes b/w each if you need more than one. As the excess is just wasted and you can also minimize any systemic effects. Also make sure you gently apply pressure to the inner corner of your eye to prevent them going down your throat and keep your eyes closed for 1-2 minutes after instilling. I am sharing a picture below to illustrate what I am describing. HTH.

eye-drops-press_290-thumb-290xauto-640.jpg

All this should help minimize any side effects you are experiencing. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Glad the glasses are becoming more comfortable with clearer vision. Hope that continues.

I think you would probably fall in love with OECs Marcy and that band would be a great purchase. But as you know it is a totally different animal than MRBs. OECs are softer and more romantic and glowy with beautiful pastels coming from them. I wish you could see them in person. It's funny because whenever I see Tuey he always comments on Bea. This past visit he said she is like a beautiful flower. And I think he is spot on. OECs need to be experienced to really get it. I think that band is a great deal and would be a wonderful introduction to OECs too. But beware...old cuts are addictive. :lol:

Callie today is the day woohoo! I am so excited I can barely breathe.

We are off in a bit for the beach. It is getting super warm and humid already so really unsure if I even want to go cycling today. I am trying to relax about things and not be so Type A and hyper so maybe we will just enjoy the day leisurely and not rush around like we normally do when we head to the beach and want to get cycling in before the heat of the day. I am going to try being "chill" on for size and see what I think and how that makes me feel. LOL wish me luck cause chill is not my MO so not sure it will fit. :lol::cool2:

Enjoy your Friday girls!:wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I'm glad the SZ is working and I hope it continues. Enjoy your time at the beach - relaxing a little and taking a break from the usual rushing around sounds good! Your hair looks lovely! Maybe you could find a place to get your hair trimmed at the beach, would probably be more reasonably priced. Love the pic of Fred, he looks so cute with his paws crossed like that! :love:

Marcy, I'm sorry about all the aggravation with the RV, omg what a headache. At least now you know the situation but what a pain Marty isn't here to help you out with it. You sound like you've gotten things straightened out pretty well though, you've brought the whole thing to their attention and it's now officially for sale again. Yeah, I agree to letting Marty handle the follow-up stuff. I'm so sorry to read you are probably allergic to the drops and they're making you so uncomfortable - I hope Missy's great tips help. And good idea to put them in before bedtime. Glad your new glasses are working well for you! So glad that your friend is joining you for the game, sounds like fun!

PierreBear, your cake looks great! Too bad it was a bit dry but I'll bet it was still delicious. I would gain 10 pounds if I took a class like this lol.
Good luck with your race this Saturday - I agree, have fun with it even though I know you will do your best. Life is stressful enough without us putting more on ourselves!

LLJsmom, I empathize with college costs, tuition is so expensive. Try not to stress out too much though, things will work out. Good luck with your busy season, and please take care of yourself during it. I totally understand using bling as a distraction during stressful times; I keep obsessively looking at diamond studs! It really works lol. Sending good thoughts and hugs to you.

CJ, I've been thinking about you, I hope you're doing ok.

Plugging along here - haven't gotten rid of anything else yet, but next week is bulk garbage day in my mother's town so I'm really hoping we can get rid of the bigger items then. They'll pick up anything and everything. Working on the CO, bought what we needed and my brother is working on things. I'll be there for a few days next week so I'm hoping we make some progress.

Dh and ds have both been gone this week, and will be away this weekend - dh on business and ds went to Canada to do a show with his band. Trying to take advantage and gettting some things done that I've been putting off, I seem to get more done when I'm by myself - cleaned out the pantry yesterday, I'm embarrassed by all the expired stuff that I found :eek2: Spent a while working on it and felt like I cleared a lot out, but sadly it doesn't really look that much different lol! Today I'm focusing on kitchen drawers, omg the stuff that has accumulated in them :rolleyes:

Take care everyone!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

More mayhem in London today, the bomb was crude and failed to detonate properly. No life changing injuries or fatalities thank goodness. This happened in the place I was born. :( @missy a lot of people are used to it, so just get on with things. It's sounds a strange thing to say, but we have lived with terrorism for a long time, going back to the 1970's when the IRA were very active, and people decided they weren't going to be cowed by it. I just hope there's no more.

I'm very fortunate that my friend is a hairdresser who works from home, so no longer has the overheads of a salon, which is reflected in her prices. She's been doing my hair for 28 years, so knows all it's quirks!

I hope cooling the eye drops and following Missy's advice works @marcy, bit of a blow that the treatment is causing more problems than it's healing. :( The Yukon Denali that we hired had the lane wandering thing, and it did feel a bit strange, but I didn't mind it.

It's quite disturbing the things you find in the back of cupboards @junebug17 but good to have a sort out regularly.

Good luck this weekend, run @PierreBear run! :D

Weather's horrible here, cold and rainy, I hope it's better where you are. Have a great weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, sorry both your dh and ds are away this weekend but glad you are in the mood for pantry cleaning and you will feel good to have completed that. Don't be embarrassed about having expired stuff in your pantry. You are not alone. When the fridge broke down and I threw things away we had probiotics (haha PierreBear I forgot all about those- good luck today PB) that expired in 2014! LOL. And other various expired things. It happens. :oops2: In fact, I have cleaning out the drawers and closets in Brooklyn on my to do list and if Hurricane Jose has his way we might leave the beach and not stay this upcoming week and that will be the first thing on my to do list back in Brooklyn.

Fred always crosses his paws when sitting. It's the cutest thing. None of the other kitties do that. Speaking of kitties here's a sweet photo of HRH from the car ride here yesterday AM. Sitting on my lap enjoying the sun. And meowing are we there yet, are we
there yet...8-)

hrhincarseptember2017.jpg

Austina another terror attack. sad :((So terrible. And as you know my fear is people are becoming desensitized to this. And the (number of so far) responses in your thread seem to reflect that. Sad. My heart goes out to London and all the people affected. And (((Hugs))) to you. And I hope your weather gets sunnier. Here we are having
another summer weekend. 80s and humid and hot. In fact Greg went swimming in the bay yesterday late afternoon after we ran all our errands. Water is still warm and air temp even warmer.

greginbayseptember2017.jpg

gregswimsept2017.jpg

I started driving again and yesterday was the first time I drove since May 2016 so woohoo. And it really is like riding a bike. Hahaha. My big problem is sense of direction. I get lost in my backyard. Seriously ridiculous so of course it makes me anxious to drive since I really still do not know my way around very well.

My goal is to be able to get myself places when Greg is at work so I can stay at the beach and have him commute from here occasionally. Sheer repetition is what I need to get comfortable driving places. So far I feel confident getting to Costco and Steinmart and next on my list is Trader Joes, Whole Foods and then perhaps the Jersey Shore outlets though the outlets are almost an hour away that would really be good if I could drive myself there. So that is my goal in the next couple of months.

I know it sounds pathetic to most of you but my brain is not wired right re directions and I truly get lost very easily and GPS isn't something I am comfortable relying on as I also have trouble following GPS directions while I am driving if that makes sense. I need to *know* where I am going and *how* to get there without relying on the GPS. Plus NJ has these jug handle turns and you have to know way before you have to make a left turn where to do that. It's super confusing. Anyway that is my goal. LOL one has to have goals right?:cheeky:

Print did it's weird thing again so sorry. Does this
happen to anyone else? It just gets super tiny as I am typing and I cannot get the normal size print back...

Off to go
cycling today and (speaking of goals) hopefully Days Ice Cream. Have a great Saturday girls and (((hugs))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Glad you enjoying some warm and sunny weather while you're at the beach Missy! I am loving this warm weather and I hope it lasts as long as possible, not looking forward to the cold winter weather. Also glad to hear you're back on the road! I'm not a fan of driving these days but it does allow for more freedom and options. It would be great if Greg could commute on occasion and you could stay at the beach house for longer stretches of time :appl:

Austina, I'm sick about the terrorist attack, it is just terrible. I just read that an 18 year old man has been arrested in connection with it. Yes, cleaning out cabinets can be daunting sometimes! Sorry about the bad weather, I hope it improves soon. Somehow life just seems a little better when the sun is out!

Won't bore you all with the details, but we're having car trouble and it has turned into such a pain and inconvenience. Our daughter is currently driving one of our cars and it had an oil leak, which was repaired, but then 2 days later a bottom cover fell off and she saw that it was leaking again. Turns out it's a leak in the power steering fluid line. She's an hour and a half away, so lots of phone calls trying to figure out what to do. Pretty annoyed that Lexus didn't see the second leak and obviously they didn't put the cover back on right. Well, I guess I just bored you with details! :D Ah well, such is life and there are certainly worse things that could happen.

Well, the car is now in my possession so I better head over to Lexus - again!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, thanks for the tips on my eye drops. It seemed to help.
I am sure I’d love OEC’s. I did find the 6 stone band our dear NIRDI bought on Adam’s website and it’s higher priced.
I hope “chill” grows on you. Why not give it a try?
How cool about your new project. I am sure you’ll get more comfortable driving with practice. HRH won’t like you driving because she can’t ride on your lap. You didn’t add Adam to your list of places to go but I am guessing that involves other modes of transportation.
I saw Jose may come your way but right now it sounds like it would be only a tropical storm by then; which is better than a hurricane I guess.
Great pictures of the beautiful ocean and hi to Greg.

Junebug, the longer I go without hearing about the RV the more nervous I get but hey if it drags out enough I can tell Marty - Tag you’re it!
I put in my drop closer to bedtime last night so the worst of the symptoms would be while I sleep.
That’s nice the city will pick up anything and everything on occasion. That really helps. My nephew and his wife took home a lot of stuff to throw out for us; they live right by an apartment complex so they’d fill up their trash bins for us.
Good luck cleaning out the drawers and the pantry. I try to do them once and a while but certainly not as frequently as i should. I usually do it when I can’t find something or get something else in there.
What a pain about the Lexus. It sounds like they didn’t do a very job the first time they had so hopefully this one is all complimentary.

Austina, I was so saddened to hear about that bomb yesterday. That is good your population doesn’t let it stop their life.
That’s nice you have someone who cuts your hair at home and knows exactly what you want.
The Audi we had both started jerking and vibrating the steering wheel and beeping, I turned it off about the second time it happened.
Sorry your weather is bad.

I had my astronomy club meeting last night. I downloaded some videos to show, then did a quick powerpoint so things went well.

This morning the cleaning lady showed up about 8:20 (late again sigh) then I went out for breakfast, picked up some groceries and another bottle of eye drops. The first drop out last night was an air bubble so I figure it’s close. I had called in the renewal by phone so it wasn’t going to be ready until after 1 pm this afternoon. But I stopped by the pharmacy when I got to the store to see if they could get it done while I was shopping. A friend of mine’s daughter waited on me so yes they got it done while I was shopping. It’s nice to have connections.

I talked to Marty for quite a while this afternoon. It was nice. This past week is the first time I was ever pretty sad and unhappy he wasn’t here. I think it was mostly the RV fiasco but the stress at work, my employees, my vision and the eye drops just added up to way too much crap. I am better today.

I went out for lunch and ordered the 11 oz. sirloin steak so now I have enough steak left for 2 sandwiches for lunch next week.

I am down to 2 batches of laundry to finish then the weekend is mine.

Tomorrow a friend is coming over to watch the Broncos game with me and to play cribbage. She’s on weight watchers so I picked up raw veggies. baby bell cheese, strawberries and I’ll make some popcorn without oil or butter. Of course she’s bringing wine but hey the snacks will be healthy.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It was a cool bike ride out there today! Needed gloves...typical weather in our neck of the woods. 30 C degrees one day and 13 the next. I vote for the former!!

Marcy--popcorn is my favorite food. I envy you having it for supper and while playing cards. But alas my teeth don't seem like it anymore. If it isn't one thing it is another.

Austina: that news was very unwelcome. sad :((

Missy: My DH dislikes driving--so where he can he leaves it to me.

JB: car troubles are always the pits! We recently had the same steering column fluid issue. Or something like that:lol-2:. All I know is there was green goo, then a big repair bill. If I could walk everywhere I would! (I try...)

:wavey:NIRDIs

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie ugh sorry about your Lexus troubles! I hope it is a relatively simple fix and boo on Lexus for not catching this. Hoping your dd made it safely to her destination. And hope the Lexus gets fixed and has no more issues.

Marcy I am sorry you are missing Marty but glad you got quality time chatting with him and are feeling better about it now. Of course it is completely normal to miss your dh when he is away so much especially. Hope he is coming home soon. And hope he can deal with the RV mess and let you have a rest from that.

So glad the tips are helpful and hope they keep helping so you can continue taking the eyedrops. Sending you healing eye vibes and lots of good luck dust.

Have fun with your friend today watching the Broncos drinking wine and eating healthy snacks. And as you know popcorn is also a favorite food of mine too.;)2

Sharon, it is unseasonably warm here and while I loathe winter I would not mind some crisp temperate fall air if you kwim before summer becomes winter rather abruptly as it often does here. Good for you being the oft designated driver. I actually love driving but hate doing it in traffic or where I am unfamiliar with the path we are traveling. Otherwise I love driving and it calms me.Hope your knee is behaving and you are enjoying the weekend.

We enjoyed a wonderful Saturday. Cycling, Ice Cream at Days and 2 car shows. Super fun Saturday.:sun:

Ice Cream for our "DayBreak"

daysicecreamseptembersaturday2017.jpg

and a sampling of the gorgeous gorgeous cars from yesterday afternoon.

carshowoceangrove.jpg

carshow2017.jpeg

carshow2017.jpg

And a few of you here might remember this baby from last year. My dream MG. Engine and electrical all rebuilt and all still for sale. It's a gorgeous baby but no AC so while I considered it for a hot minute I ultimately (and again regrettably) decided no not for me. I need my AC! Greg thinks we should get a Miata for me. The newer models are gorgeous and he wouldn't mind getting one for me so he could also drive it LOL. We used to own a 1999 Miata but in 2008 we sold it (my decision mainly) because the recession hit and we were cutting expenses and we weren't driving the Miata at all and NYC car insurance is crazy expensive and it was just not worth holding on to the Miata. Greg misses that car as he loved it but the newer models are way prettier anyway. So yesterday might be the impetus to buy a Miata for moi. Sort of excited but not sure it is the right decision now. We would keep it at the beach for me to drive because we do not need 2 cars in NYC and it is so expensive to park in ur garage there anyway.

The MG from last year and this year. Yesterday's photo

mgomg2017.jpg

and last year's photo of the same gorgeous car. OMG how freaking funny. Same angle and everything. I even labeled the photo the same. I am a creature of habit bwahahaha. SO funny. I like what I like and I do what I do. :oops:

OMG MG :love::cool2:

mgomg.jpg

If you are interested in more car photos from the show yesterday (British car show Ocean Grove and Vintage car show in Bradley Beach) check out my IG. Or text me because I took like 100 photos of cars yesterday. I love vintage cars. I am truly an old soul who loves old cuts, old cars and my old man. :kiss2: Not in that order necessarily (depends on the day hahaha). :cheeky:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZHgUkhARo7/

We are going out to dinner with our friends L and J tonight at a new restaurant that has rave reviews so hoping the food is delicious. I know the company will be certainly. And if J is sporting any different bling than the last few times we went out for dinner I will share photos with you lovely ladies of course.;))

Enjoy the day girls and (((hugs))).:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Sharon, it has definitely got chilly here too. I just put on a thermal shirt then wandered down the hall to see what temperature it was in the house. It said 72. I swore it was in the low 60's in here. Hopefully my cold tolerance will get better when that white stuff starts showing up. You'd think I'd be more tolerant of cold being a Wyoming native. Darn that popcorn no longer agrees with your teeth. I always want some once I smell someone making a bag up in the microwave. How is your knee doing?

Missy, your ice cream looks delicious. I love the classic cars; great pictures. Good idea to get a car to keep for you at the beach house. And definitely pick one you love. Have a wonderful dinner tonight with your friends and definitely get pictures if your friend has on different bling. Her rings are very pretty. Warm popcorn sounds pretty good right now because my hands are cold.

I slept in off and on this morning, read a few things on my mini iPad then got up about 8:30. I peaked out the window at 5:30 because the moon, Venus, Mars and Mercury were all lined up in the predawn sky but it was cloudy. I'll try again tomorrow morning.

My order from Amazon showed up today. I love the Prime delivery is free, 2 day shipping and will show up on Sunday. I tried a different iPad case but don't like it at all. I wanted a higher angle but this one is too high and cheap faux leather. It was only $10 though so I won't bother returning it. I might take it to work to prop up my Mini. I'm so short just folding over the cover isn't high enough for me at my desk. I also got one of those hydra flask water bottles. It is supposed to keep liquids cold for 24 hours and hot liquids hot for 12 hours. I can put ice water in it on my way to work and hopefully have cold water all day. Right now I pack in four 10 ounce bottles in my lunch kit and drink them until they get warm and pull out another one. I won't drink the water after it gets warm. Kind of funny I like icy water when I'm cold all the time.

I put some BBQ ribs in the crock pot for supper. If my friend wants to stay for supper she can. Either way I'll have leftovers for lunch. I think I'll bake some potatoes and we'll have our raw veggie snacks this afternoon.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I looked up a Miati; sharp looking car!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Well - good afternoon, LOL.
I'm back! A full week in the mountains with no plumbing and a lot of walking. Between 8 and 10 hours per day, I think. We returned home late last night. My legs are so pumped even today... LOL. I'll try to catch up, but please help me if I miss anything important!!
My update: good dogs, good food, good friends. Lost my GPS and my phone. Borrowed a GPS in the mountain, bought a new phone today. Will buy a new GPS tomorrow. LOL. Expensive trip. New contractors are starting the work on the old part of the house tomorrow.
Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy the new Miatas are sweet looking I agree. I wasn't a fan of the older ones but I am loving the look of the newer models...we will see. Now Greg thinks we should look at a (certified preowned) Porsche coupe for me also. I love the look of vintage cars so perhaps an older Porsche coupe or a newer Miata which has a look I adore. Most important is reliability of course and honestly I don't need a car right now but if the right car comes along...

I love Amazon Prime and not a week goes by we don't use it several times LOL. Glad you are enjoying it.
Glad you enjoyed a sleepy morning relaxing and I hope you got to view moon, Venus, Mars and Mercury all lined up today. Fingers crossed it worked out. When is your dh due home? Sounds like you have good company with your friend and a good menu on tap no matter when Marty is coming home.:appl:

Thanks for enjoying the ice cream photos. This one from yesterday afternoon is for you.

daysicecreamsundayinseptember2017.jpg

Scandi what is happening with your house? I am glad you had a good mini vacation in the mountains and sorry about losing your phone. Good food and friends is the way we spent the weekend as well. Cannot beat that right?

Speaking of which we saw our good friends L and J last night for dinner and had a lovely time. I took some bling pics of J's aqua ring and necklace for you lovely ladies as promised. No pear diamond last night but aqua instead. She is a good sport to model her bling for me at the restaurant haha.

jeanetteaquaring.jpg

jeanetteaquabling.jpg

and a quick pic of Greg and me from last night. Thanks L for taking this photo.

missyandgregdatenightwithlesandjeanettesept2017.jpg

I took a photo of his pink pants while we were driving to the restaurant last night. Love a guy in pink pants.:P2

greginpinkpants.jpg

The food last night was good. Not great however but good so not sure we would go back (probably would not go back) as we have better restaurants in the area with just as lovely sea views. But I am glad we went as it is fun to try new restaurants.

steakdinnergreg.jpg

chileanseabassjeanette.jpg

solefrancaise.jpg

I forgot to get a photo of the key lime pie Greg ordered. It was good but not as good as the key lime pie he bakes.

And here is one last photo of sweet Fred this AM in bed with us. What a love. :kiss2:

fredinbed2017.jpg

Have a great day girls. It is a dreary morning here and Jose is due here tomorrow. Fingers crossed all it brings is some wind and rain and nothing major. Wishing everyone a safe and happy day.

P

PierreBear

Good morning! Happy Monday. Thank you all for the good wishes on the race. We had a fun time driving to OK city and just spending one on one time together on the car. I’ll admit that I am a napper in the car. Something about the bumps and the sounds just put me to sleep so I’m a good companion for part of the time and other times….not so much. Hehe. It apparently is always windy in OK and held true for us on race day. It made for a very challenging swim in the man-made lake. Swells were so rough that the buoys weren’t staying in place so they cut the swim course a bit short. Every time I took a breath, I just expected to swallow water. I wasn’t panicking but was in my head worried about DH since swimming is still a new sport to him. Turns out though that he handled it very well and wasn’t nervous about it but agreed it was chaotic. Part of the bike was really easy with the tail wind, where you weren’t putting in that much effort to go 30 mph. However, then you would turn into the wind and then it was a depressing low double digit speed. I was just chugging along but was going so slow that I dropped into my smaller chain ring to save my legs. Had a small bike malfunction since my chain complete dropped from the gears and just got confused on how to put it back on. I’ve practiced before but in the race environment thought something was “extra wrong” and wasn’t pushing my derailer in the right direction. Pretty embarrassing that I couldn’t figure it out but a really nice guy stopped and talked me through it. He wasn’t allowed to do it for me or else he would get a penalty. So thankful for kind people who are willing to help others and sacrifice a few minutes. The run part was painful due to the heat but at that point, it’s the home stretch. Oh can I mention that I felt so much girl power on the course? I saw all the women “running/jogging” pushing through it but some of the men just seemed to give up entirely and was walking. There are some tough women out there and it made me proud! Anyhow, fun to see DH on the course since it was an out and back type course that you repeat twice. Got a hug and a kiss to push me through to the finish line. All in all, made some great memories at the race. Perhaps the highlight wasn’t even the race and was just relaxing in the hotel room the night before eating popcorn and ice cream and watching Modern Family re-runs. Haha… things you shouldn’t be eating before a race but couldn’t resist that free hotel gift. Anyhow, it was a good confident booster with the upcoming November race. Except…. The distance is twice as long and I’m really understanding that it will take me 14 to 15 hours. Gulp! Thanks for listening to my race recap!

@marcy – Oohhh I did see that graduated 6 stone band on OWD’s Instagram. It looked so beautiful and would love to see tons more photos of it. Congrats to the NIRDI lady who got the ring and please indulge me on this thread! : )

I’m lucky that I don’t have to wear glasses. I am a bit near sighted but it’s not very severe and surprisingly my eye sight has improved over time. I just walk closer to things if I really can’t see the small print but it hasn’t caused me much inconvenience. My DH recently got the lasik procedure done and has been very happy with it. With all the outdoor activities, it’s been nice that he doesn’t have to worry about putting in contacts. I guess contacts are not a possibility for you? What about lasik?

I’m sorry that the eye drop side effects keeps intensifying to the point that you actually taste it! Yikes! I hope they find something soon to treat you!

Hope you had fun with your friend watching the Broncos game. Sounds like a good break from the RV and work stress.

@junebug17 – Oh how neat that your DS is in a band. What does he play and do you go to his shows? I hope the alone time has been productive. Way to clean out all that expired stuff. I’m guilty of the same thing. I’m actually thinking that I need to replace the baking powder…. Whoops

Bummer about the car problems. That is such a pain to have another issue even though you just repaired it. Hopefully your DD is safely driving now. Is she in high school or college?

@Austina – Sorry to hear about the London terrorism. Thank goodness no one was hurt but it’s challenging to live in fear or rather an environment where “another bomb” is expected. Ugh hurts my heart and wish people would challenge their efforts into doing something good instead.

@missy – Ohhh I forgot to report back on the probiotics. I think it’s been almost a week of taking it. Both DH and I couldn’t tell a difference. Saw a better impact with kimchi. Could it be that our guts were already healthy in that stage so there shouldn’t be much of a change? Perhaps but I don’t think I’m sold. I’ll finish out the bottle we have but as of right now, don’t plan on reordering.

Love the cat photo. Fred’s looking up and say “hello mama!!!” I don’t think my cat crosses his paws either. Fred has a lot of personality!

Way to go on your driving endeavors! I don’t have a great sense of direction. Don’t fear though because you can always use google maps on your phone to at least point you in the right direction until something looks more familiar again. You can do it! Stay safe! Looks like a great time at the car show! Did it get you more excited about driving?

@canuk-gal – wow… great job cycling even when it’s cold. When it’s time for full finger gloves and booty covering my cycling shoes, I tend to throw in the towel. Does your knee feel better in the cold?

@Scandinavian – welcome back from your trip! Sorry that you lost your phone and GPS. How did you lose those items? Did you leave it at the house and there might be a chance it is still there and someone can ship it back?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Welcome back @Scandinavian I don't know how you've survived with no plumbing :eek2: Arrgh to losing your phone and your GPS but yay to the builders starting tomorrow.

Well done for completing the competition @PierreBear it sounds really tough. You are your DH are champs!

Hope you're safe from Jose @missy Lovely photos as usual, especially the one of you and Greg. Your friend's aquas are stunning, they are reputed to be the Queen's favourite gemstone :D

I don't want to burst your bubble, but MG's were notoriously unreliable :eek2: The Miata looks very smart, it's a good idea to get back driving, I'm happy to drive anywhere as long as I've got a voice telling me to turn right or left :D

@junebug17 Your car woes remind me of the time the Audi garage serviced our car, and forgot to put gear box fluid back in it. The next day when I was out the gear box blew up! I hope you've got it all sorted now. Does your DS play an instrument in the band, or is he a singer?

Wow @canuk-gal you're obviously made of stern stuff out cycling in the cold. I hope your knee is better now.

72 is practically tropical here @marcy :lol: DS is so acclimated that he always feels cold when he comes home. I'm glad the eye drops felt better chilled. Have you been followong Cassini's demise? Seems incredible it got that far.

Dottie had a groom today, they asked if we wanted the VIP spa package, so we said yes, amongst other things, she's had a blueberry facial :lol:. Knowing her, she probably tried to lick it:lol-2:

DH has a follow up appt for his nose tomorrow, which means going up to London, security levels are high every where so he should be fine, but I'll worry till he gets home.

It's absolutely thrashing down here now, such a shame as it was a beautiful day earlier.

Hope you've all had a great weekend :wavey:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, all! Work is still exploding and I'm headed out on another adventure later in the week so just taking a moment to pop in for two things.

@missy - There's a reason that red MG is still for sale a year later. Just sayin'!!

And I thought I should let everyone know Adam's WG version of his six-stone somehow managed to follow me home last week, and my mom said I could keep it!! I couldn't resist the ring or the price. So 2 NIRDI's are blessed. Here's mine with her big sister, Elle:

Sisters, Sisters.jpg

@marcy - Didn't know you were interested in the 6-stone until after I'd already bought it. I didn't mean to beat you to the punch if you were planning to buy it.

Stay well, everyone.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Rainwood your rings are gorgeous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MY NEW HOT PINK......... electra!.jpg

You were hoping for Sapphires or Spinels? Bike valve covers! Oh the (luxe) gifts my DH provides! I lub them!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, you are tougher than I am; I’d be cranky if I had to live without plumbing that long. It does sound like you had a fun time anyway. Sorry you lost your phone and GPS.

Missy, I looked up the year you had and the current Miatis; they are similar but I definitely like the new models. Reliability is definitely a must in a car for me too.
That is great you use Prime so often. I will probably buy things more on a whim since I can get free shipping no matter how much I spend. Teddy bears and Snoopy stuff. Ha!
I did get up in time to see the Moon and Venus; I couldn’t pick out Mars and Mercury though because the sunrise had already brightened the sky. I can see Mercury when I blow up my pictures as a tiny little dot. I was glad I got up to enjoy the pretty sunrise.
Glad you had fun with your friends last night. Her aquas are beautiful. Great color. I know I’ve seen her band before but it is very pretty. Sorry the food wasn’t the best.
You and Greg clean up well; you both look great. Nice picture.
Hi Fred. He looks very content and relaxed.

PierreBear, congratulations to you and your DH for finishing the race. That is awesome. I am very proud of both of you. I loved reading your race story recap and liked the comment about tough women out there. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing evening the night before too. Good training for November.
You are lucky you don’t need glasses. I got them in the second grade and was shocked that I could see across the street. That’s great lasik worked so well for your DH. My vision is too bad to correct so I’d still have to wear glasses anyway. I used to wear contacts but my eyes are pretty dry (old age) anymore so they became uncomfortable and I needed reading glasses so why bother with contacts if I have to wear glasses anyway?
I did have a nice time yesterday afternoon visiting with my friend. We ate healthy snacks, drank some Freak Show and I beat her at cribbage.

Austina, oh no that the gear box blew up in your Audi. At least it wasn’t your fault. What Audi did you (do you) have? We had a few A6 and really liked them.
I bet your DS thinks it’s very chilly when he comes home. My one niece in Houston is always cold like me and she really bundles up when she comes home to visit too.
I did follow Cassini’s final moments. It returned some very cool pictures.
I hope your DH’s doctor appointment goes well and he gets there and back safely.

Rainwood, thank you for posting pictures of the 6 stone ring. If I get one I want it in white metal. It looks fabulous and definitely goes great with your gorgeous Elle. I’m feeling left out here in the NIRDI thread - Marcy no OEC. No worries you bought one; if I get one I’ll be copying you and the other NIRDI (not sure she posted it here so I’ll keep her name out of it).

Sharon, your new hot pink are fabulous. Definitely made me laugh.

I enjoyed having my girl friend come to visit me yesterday. I’d made some BBQ ribs in the crock pot and baked up some potatoes in the oven. Her dad was going to meet her at her house about 5:30 so I sent the last rib home for him. I think I made a friend.

I tried my other color of the Essie gel last night. It’s a lighter pink so it should definitely last me the entire week. Woo hoo!

Work was busy and hectic. There were 2 mistakes I dug in to; one was my team and one was mine. Luckily my paperwork cleared us which is why I always save everything. I am on legal hold so my email storage is unlimited and I never delete anything. Ha!

I cooked 2 tenderloins on the grill tonight and will save the second one for a pasta dish tomorrow night. I had more raw veggies tonight and a few oven fries.

I didn’t wake up in time to see the planetary conjunction in the dark this morning but had a great sunrise and could still see the Moon and Venus at about 6 am. It was worth getting up early.

Four more days until Marty gets home. Yay!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picture from this morning. Mercury is a tiny dot to the lower left of the Moon.
IMG_4460.JPG

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PierreBear congratulations to you and DH on finishing that race. So glad that he handled the swim well too. It is totally awesome to see women push through it while men do the walking. There is a reason why women are the gender to give birth.

@rainwood how naughty of Adam's six stone to follow you home. Just like the gorilla in Goodnight Gorilla. ;-). But so glad you could room for it!

@marcy so cool you are enjoying the Essie Gel colors. There are so many to try.

CHat later ladies. Off to driving duties again.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, glad you had a nice time with your friends, the food looks delicious! Love your friend's jewelry, the aquamarine ring is gorgeous. You and Greg look great! His pants are very stylish too. Such a sweet pic of Fred :love:. Those are some good looking cars! I can totally see you zipping around in a Porsche coupe, that car gets my vote! Although you wouldn't look too shabby in a Miata either :sun: Getting a new car is very exciting and so fun to think about.

Marcy, I'm so glad you had a good chat with Marty, you have definitely had a stressful week and I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. When will he be home? I hope you had a good time watching the game with your friend, Dh is a Cowboys fan so obviously he didn't enjoy it lol! Omigosh painful! He's still out of town, and I didn't even bother texting him after the game. The Broncos are looking good! It's great you were able to use your nephew's bins, that must have helped a lot.

Wow Sharon, you are having some chilly weather! Yes, cars can be a pain and the cost to fix them is ridiculous. Your bike valves are adorable! (now there's a sentence you don't hear everyday :D)

Welcome back Scandi! Glad you had a great time, but so sorry about losing your phone and GPS. Great news that work on your house is starting up again.:appl:

PierreBear, wow, congrats on the race! It sounds very intense and I'm so impressed by you and your dh for doing it. My son plays guitar and bass in the band, and he enjoys it. I do go to his shows on occasion, the band sounds great, but very loud ha! My daughter is a special ed teacher. Right now she'd driving my car, and I have a loaner from Lexus - such a hassle!

Austina, oh no, that is a terrible car experience! My son plays bass and guitar. He had a great time in Canada, it was quite an adventure. I love that Dottie got the VIP package, nothing but the best for that sweetie! Lol to the blueberry facial. Hoping your dh's appointment goes well, I know you will be relieved when he's back home safe and sound.

Rainwood, LOVE your new band, it's stunning!!! Those stones are so beautiful :love::love::love: How great you are off on another adventure, I hope you have a wonderful time!

Thanks everyone for your sympathy about the car troubles! Lexus couldn't find a leak but they're keeping it for a few days to make sure; not sure why the garage that looked at it seemed to think there was. I'm at my mother's today and tomorrow, we've gotten rid of most of the big pieces, my brother has done a great job posting things on Craig's list. Still more to do but making some progress.

Have a good night, and a great day tomorrow!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Happy Tuesday! :) ...and then someone walked into my office...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's try this again before anyone else thinks that I should do some work... LOL
@missy Oooh a car sounds like fun!! I love cars! Have you looked at for example Audi TT or Porsche Boxster or Mercedes C-class (or Roadster) or BMW X1 if you want something not-so-big? And our Tesla really is very easy to drive and the map is superb! ;)2 The house - not much happening there the last 3 weeks. The new part is about 1 week from completion, and they are starting on the old part this week. So fingers crossed that everything will go fast and smoothly from here on in.... Jinx... :P2
@marcy I really love your picture! Cool! Perhaps a nice OEC necklace...? I do love that 6 stone though, wouldn't be so bad... maybe for all the NIRDIs?? :P2:kiss2: Picture and name of the new Essie please?
@rainwood Ooooooh so nice! A perfect match for your other ring! Happy adventures!
@PierreBear Oh my, you are a lot more sporty than me for sure! I hate getting my head under water.. Unfortunately, the GPS and phone are both deep in the mountain/moor/forest/swamp somewhere - they made a run for it from an open pocket in my jacket... Should have trained them better! At least the dogs know to come back when they are finished misbehaving...!
@junebug17 I really hate car troubles! Hope they are behind you now! What are you up to this week? Yes, it is so wonderful that the house is moving forward again!! Fingers crossed....
@Austina The dog spa sounds nice! My girl only got the mud package.... LOL. No plumbing is horrible, but worth it. Fortunately, there was a shower in the barn (quite literally) so at least I didn't smell like a cow... I think.... LOL

Re question on house/decorating: I love it! As long as the contractors do what they are supposed to do, and all I have to do is the planning, that is :) I'm mostly able to vision how it will look - thank you daddy for that 3D ability to turn and combine objects in my mind LOL - so I love to vision how different designs, rooms and materials will look together. And DH is a good sport, so normally I get what I want - even if I have to try twice... :lol-2::lol-2::mrgreen2:

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
It's a breezy windy but bright morning here and I didn't wake up till 8:30 AM today woohoo. Of course I was awake at 4:30 for a couple of hours but still at least I was able to (finally) fall back to sleep. The soothing sounds of the ocean waves are very relaxing. Melodious, harmonious relaxing and energizing at the same time somehow. Listening to them now and it is just lovely.

Junie I am sorry Lexus is having trouble finding the leak but glad they are keeping it till they fix it right. Sorry you are dealing with this issue. How is your week going? Are the effects of Jose hitting you at all? Our surf is supposed to be extra high I think with some very strong winds but not a lot of rain by us.
Yay for your brother listing lots of your mom's stuff on Craig's List. Hope your day today at your mom's continues to go smoothly and hope you get lots accomplished. It's a perfect day for sorting through things.

Marcy what a fantastic sunrise photo with the moon, Venus and Mercury. Just beautiful. Woohoo to Marty coming home in a few days! Your Essie colors are lovely and sometimes I wish I could wear nail polish but anytime I apply anything they turn yellow no matter what base coat I use so no nail polish for me for over a decade. I am hoping big bling will distract people from noticing my sad nails. :lol: Sorry work is always so hectic but glad you always save the day no matter what. You are a conscientious employee and great boss Marcy despite your very sad employees. I am glad you enjoyed the visit from your friend the other day. Good for you for cooking ahead and those raw veggies sound yummy. Hope your eyes are continuing to feel better and that the side effects are minimized from your topical ocular meds. Sending you continued good wishes and dust. And thank you so much for playing along with me yesterday and all those ocean and Bea videos I was photo bombing you with late afternoon when we were on the beach hahaha. You are a good soul Marcy! (((Hugs))).

PierreBear I just showed my dh your delicious chocolate cake from last week and I told him you said it was a bit dry. He thought it looked fantastic and said if you want to add moisture that's easy (and I am guessing you already know this but just sharing what he said in case it is helpful as he is quite the expert baker) just to add more shortening (oil, butter, yogurt, applesauce as an example) or something else darn I forget exactly what he said now grrr. My brain is a sieve especially when it comes to baking or cooking (or directions how to get someplace) :oops2:
I don't think you would notice any effects that quickly from the porbiotics (or from anything really) as change takes time so if you are interested in seeing if there are indeed any positive benefits to any change I would say give it at least 1-2 months at minimum. The only time change happens quickly is if it is bad change. Like if you eat a lot of crap BAM then you start feeling badly but if you eat very healthfully well one day just won't be enough to notice the difference. As an example.

Sharon love your rings. :lol: You are stylin girlfriend. 8-) Meoooowww. HRH wants to know where she can get the diamond versions of those.:cheeky:

Austina LOL yes I am well aware of the notoriously poor reliability of the MG. However this particular MG has a completely rebuilt engine and electrical etc. Everything internal has been rebuilt so it is the best of both worlds. Alas without AC and also with stick driving it isn't meant for me. I am a city girl at heart and need automatic and need AC desperately. LOL I only like the convertible top down in theory. In reality I would be driving with it up. Hahaha.

Nice that Dottie got some lovely grooming the other day. Yummm to Blueberry. I might try licking that too. :lol:
Good luck to your dh on his nose appointment today!

Rainwood beautiful band in white gold from OWD. Cannot wait to see it with Elle. I love both versions of that lovely OEC band and woohoo to you 2 NIRDIs who were the lucky recipients. :appl: Marcy if you want one at the "special" pricing I bet (fairly certain) Adam would do it for you...just sayin.:whistle:
Have a fun photography trip and looking forward to hearing all about it.:appl: Love your artistic photos. Very talented as demonstrated in the above photo you just shared. Lovely. Did I ever share with you my mom is an artist who paints and also does photography?

Scandi yay for almost being finished with a significant part of the house woohoo! I love all those cars you mentioned above but definitely won't spend a fortune on a car we don't really need plus I am of the school of thought that a car gets us from point A to point B (thanks dad) without breaking the bank. I mean if we had a few hundred thousand to spare on a car I would probably just upgrade Bea. Haha I am a one track diamond girl. I have diamonds on the brain.:sun: Good for you having that 3D spatial brain ability and thanks to your dad for sharing that genetic gift with you. I am lacking that particular skill (among many others haha) and admire those of you who can do that. Good luck this week and hope the rest of the house renos go very smoothly.

We enjoyed a wonderful romantic walk on the beach by us yesterday afternoon after Greg finished all his work. I shared videos with some of you and haha thanks again and sorry for the video bombing! The rest of you girls are lucky I cannot share videos on PS. LOL (though again I did post most of those videos from yesterday on my IG). Suffice to say Bea loves the ocean and sand and sea air. Just like her mama. Honestly I couldn't live too far from the ocean. I would just miss it too much. Even with hurricanes and such. I do love living in the northeast. Love the seasons, love the beautiful spring flowers the crisp autumn air, the leaves changing, the warm moist summer air the long bright evenings in summer the feeling of freedom and I even the pure snow as it falls in winter. So while I don't love the extreme temps I appreciate each season for what it offers and would also miss that if I lived somewhere there was no change of seasons and no ocean to live near.

I cannot share the videos from yesterday on PS but here are a few still photos. Not as pretty however and I didn't take a still photo of when Greg wrote Greg loves Missy! in the sand but I do have video of that bwahahaha....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZMkrQhgh2L/?taken-by=missylovesvintage

missyandgregwithbeainsand.jpg

missyandgreginsandwithbea.jpg

beandsand.jpg

gregandocean.jpg

Shout out to CJ and Jimmianne! Miss you ladies and hope all is well. CJ hope the kitty situation is going OK and Jimmianne hope France is treating you très bien. (((HUGS))) to you both.

Have a good Tuesday girls! Not sure what we are doing today (after Greg finishes up working) as it is quite windy and Jose is at our toes. But perhaps another walk on the beach weather permitting or a movie? Looking for some good recs. It has been many years since we actually went out to a movie so I don't want to waste it on a crappy one if you kwim. I wanted to see "Mother" but Greg just informed me the reviews were less than stellar. Recommendations anyone? Anybody see "It" ?

OK have a great day lovely NIRDIs! See you later.:wavey:

Last edited:
P

PierreBear

Thanks for the kind comments on the race, everyone. It feels like ages ago when it’s the work week again and back into the normal routine. We have AC back at work now but it’s through a huge portable device that is hooked up and pushing the cold air through the ducts. Pretty amazing that they can cool off a large building through that method.

Hope everyone is doing well today! I went to the grocery store yesterday for my normal weekly run. Picked up a watermelon and cracked it open yesterday. It must be the sign that summer is ending soon as it wasn’t a good one. I never know how to really pick one out and thumping on it doesn’t really clue me in. Experimented with getting some granola in the bulk section. Anyone else into granola and what do you use it for? Anyone try to make their own granola bar/granola bite before? Might be my next experiment but it seems a bit messy. OK that’s it for me today so hope ya’ll have a great Tuesday!

@Austina – I love the imagery conjured in my head regarding Dottie getting the VIP package. Hilarious about a blueberry facial. May Dottie never talk to my cat and realize that he doesn’t get pampered. I clip his black toe nails since he doesn’t mind it. It’s very bizarre actually, my cat just enjoys being held and usually is purring even though I’m clipping his nails. I think I’m more nervous than he is during this process though I’ve never nicked a vein.

Hope your DH’s nose appointment goes well. Is this going to be another routine checkup or is it for something more severe?

@rainwood – Good luck to you on work items and enjoy the upcoming adventure. Oohhh thank you for indulging us in some pictures!! Beautiful!!! I hope you don’t mind me asking but is Elle a MRB? How did you decide to go with white gold on the 6 stones? How do you wear these two pieces and feel free to show some hand shots if you like! : ) hehehe. Gorgeous!! Congrats!!

@canuk-gal – How adorable! I honestly didn’t even know they made bike valve covers as cute as those. Enjoy! Do you happen to have a hot pink helmet and cycling shoes to match? I need to work on my cycling look but I just don’t want to wear jerseys because of the bike tans. I would absolutely consider wearing a jersey though if it had a cute cat like that though!

Does your DH cycle too? Does he have dog bike valves or anything like that? Hehehe : )

@marcy – Sorry that you don’t have any options other than glasses. Yes, I do find myself fortunate to not have to wear glasses but I know that time will come when I will need readers. I can’t imagine doing contacts though. I’m already squeamish about eye balls. Oh, speaking of eyes, I’ll have to share this tip that the eye DR gave me since I don’t like to touch the eyes. When you get that naughty eye lash stuck, the quickest and most sanitary way to remove it is to take a q-tip and touch the eye lash. The dryness of the q-tip just catches the eyelash instantly. Anyhow, just thought I would share my one tip in hopes that it helps you one day.

Good job on winning cribbage. It’s nice to have an activity to do with a friend!

So kind of you to share ribs with your father’s friend. I’ve never made it in the crock pot before but have tried the oven. You seem to be so good at meal planning. All these delicious things you are planning for the week.

@LLJsmom – It was very interesting to me to see the gender differences play out on the course. I was talking to DH about it and we were wondering at the amateur level we are in why there were more guys who were walking. It could be that most guys think “oh I’ve got this race… I don’t need to train very much.” Ladies on the other hand might not actually sign up for a race until they feel fully prepared, physically and mentally. I don’t know just a guess… Of course there are very high performing males for sure and all they do is train, train, train… which then I feel like they take the race too seriously for example to stop and help someone in need. I guess it’s a balance between being prepared and still having fun.

@junebug17 – Oh wow… neat that your son plays two instruments. I guess he trades off between the guitar and the bass depending on the specific song? Your daughter has a special soul to serves those students. Hope you get the car all settled soon!

@Scandinavian – Oh neat to hear that there are Tesla’s on your side of the world as well. I’ve heard that there is something called the insanity/ludicrous mode that allows you to go really fast. Have you done that before? What about the self driving mode?

Good luck with the construction/designing this week!

P

PierreBear

@missy – oh just saw your post come through… Lovely photos. How romantic of DH to write you a love message on the beach. Glad that you get to be close to the ocean, which you love. I think I’m more of a mountain gal but I appreciate the sounds of the waves.

Oohh thanks to your DH on the tips. We followed a recipe that we all used in class. I tasted some of the other student’s cakes in class as well and it tasted dry too. I want to guess maybe we all left it in the oven too long? But nice to know that you can change up the ingredients too if you want to create different texture.

Ohhh I didn’t know that it would take 1 to 2 months to see an effect on probiotics. It’s not the case with kimchi. I eat kimchi one day and then *bam* the next day I see results. Hahaha… hopefully that’s not TMI but DH is the same way. Hopefully it doesn’t mean that we aren’t eating our kimchi fast enough.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi! Hope you have fun with Greg after he finishes work. Stay safe!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, love the beach pics! Very romantic of Greg to write your names in the sand :love: Bea looks fabulous, so bright and lively (and big lol) Have fun today!

PierreBear, yes, he switches back and forth depending on the song. Thanks for the nice words about dd - I guess I'm a little biased but she has a lot of patience and really cares about the kids. That is so cute that your cat likes getting her claws cut! You are so lucky - I usually don't even try because my cat just freaks out too much.

Marcy, I somehow missed your post - so glad Marty will be home soon! Sorry about the issues at work, but it's great things worked out ok. I hope you have an uneventful rest of the week with no problems! Love the pic of the moon and mercury, very cool and the colors are beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie aww thank you. It was very romantic :kiss2:.I wrote a reply to you above but it didn't get posted for some reason when I hit the initial send so I just edited my post and don't want you to think I left you out sweetie. (((Hugs))).

Thank you PierreBear. (((Hugs))). I see what you mean about quick effects LOL. Yes I guess that particular effect would be quick. 8)I was talking different positive effects. Hahaha.

Ugh print changed again. Frustrating. OK see you all later.
:wavey:

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Thank you for all the good wishes, DH got the all clear from the Doc. He wants him to discontinue using the moisturising agents, as he said the scars will now heal better without them. He said that if he's not happy with the results in a couple of months, he can do further surgery, but we both feel its not necessary. Of course, he still needs to be vigilant with the sunscreen and checking for changes, but otherwise all good.

@missy Greg is a real sweetheart in the true sense of the word, how wonderful to still be so in love :love: Continuing to hope that you're safe from Jose.

I've had 2 convertibles and loved them, so did the dogs with the wind blowing in their faces. I almost got a Boxster but there was no room for the dog, so had to go for something more practical.

Argghhh to all the aggravation at work @marcy I expect you can't wait for the time when it's over and you no longer have to deal with other people's mistakes. It's always worse when you get home after a stressful day, and there's no one there to share with. I remember those times well. People have often asked how we've managed to stay married so long, and I tell them it's because we didn't spend much time together :lol:

Yum to the ribs, DS has really got in to cooking things sous vide, then smoking them in the BBQ. When we visit, we go to Costco and get a brisket and ribs, they're delicious and so tender.

The fiasco with the car was many years ago fortunately, and the garage was less than helpful - they didn't know we had leverage though -DH worked for the company that had the UK franchise for Audi/VW. They picked the wrong person to mess with :lol:

Isn't that just the way that the garage couldn't isolate the problem @junebug17 ? Hopefully they'll be able to get it sorted for you. It's a tough job being a teacher so kudos to your DD for taking on the challenge. A good teacher can make so much difference to the lives of their students.

So glad they've got the AC working again @PierreBear, it gets pretty uncomfortable without it.

You're brave cutting Pierre's claws, I've given up with Dottie's and let the groomer do it. She pulled her paw away last time, and I cut the quick, it was like the Texas chainsaw massacre, I felt so horrible for hurting my little girl. :cry:

Wow @canuk-gal that's certainly a pair of knuckle dusters you've got there :lol:

Good news on the house front @Scandinavian hopefully not long now before it's all done.

Hope all the NIRDIs are safe and well :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results