carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Kae-Kae, how funny Rita's has made its way to CA! I'm a Jersey girl myself and very familiar with Rita's (too familiar lol!)

Another Jersey girl!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well ladies, you are hearing more from me this week than in a usual month!

Guess what i found this morning....the rest of my missing things. Literally 3 feet across the room from where the others were. Guess I'm predictable, but I cannot tell you how many times I looked before.
I know. No. More. Hiding.
I now have all my yellow gold again. And also again. All pre-PS, but sentimental. The trinity knot earrings go back to high school days.

20170628_111256.jpg

20170628_111503.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well @azstonie, the ring is technically my 60th + 40th anniversary present, but I persuaded DH that it would be worth getting it now as it could be more expensive in 2 years time :lol:

I was going to get my trilogy reset for this birthday, but I've decided I don't need another ring, so I'm going to get it reset into simple 3 prong martini studs and a slider pendant to sit in to the 'hollow' in my neck. Just need to find someone here in the UK to do it.

We cancelled our plans for today as DH was feeling so bad, but we can rearrange it for next week, it doesn't matter that it won't be on the day, as long as we're together :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, nooooooooooo to your white tiles looking gray now. Hopefully they just need cleaning. That’s good you let them know you aren’t happy with gray tiles. Good luck!

Missy, thanks! We are “mental” is a good one too. As we’ve said before it’s a good thing we easily amuse ourselves. I got with HR again today and we are all 3 meeting tomorrow in the HR office. I am going early and I am going to say I want the HR lady to run the meeting because I stick by the appraisal I wrote; I’ll see what happens. My thigh is way better today; it’s a bit stiff but not bad. Woo hoo! I was pretty happy to get my bling out this morning. I am wearing my 3 pointer channel set band with my ering, my EC RHR, my new bracelet (aka “the mugger magnet”), my new pendant and my EC studs. Your text posted fine. I hope you had a good day at work.

Hi SpringerSpaniel.

Austina, your marquis ring is stunning. Great pictures! It looks perfect on your finger too. I am so sorry to hear your DH’s surgery was more invasive than expected. I hope he is feeling better tomorrow. Great idea to get your trilogy set in studs and a pendant. I like that!

Junebug, thanks. I probably need to go pick off the dead flowers again but I think I’ll let my leg rest another day or two - it is better but why push my luck? I hope the HR meeting goes well tomorrow. The not so fun part of being a boss. Have a wonderful time on your road trip. Does Zoe like to ride in the car?

KaeKae, does Days have Lemon ice? Cool you found the rest of your missing treasures! Very pretty.

Kristie, that’s kind of funny Bob found a cat in your citrus tree. Must be a shady spot there. I think I’ll get my tennis ball out tonight and roll that on my leg. It’s way better today but stiff. Marty has TSA pre and loves it. I hear Coeur d’Alene is beautiful!

I did go to work today. I had a really bad sinus headache but I think that is because we are getting a lot of smoke from the fire in Utah. I was kind of out of it this morning having a hard time getting my routine back but I was also pretty tired even though I went to bed early. I got better as the day went by.

Marty was interviewed in a podcast last week for working towards being a strength trainer and it was posted today. Marty sent me the link so when I was listening to it I rounded up the Killer Rabbits in the living room here and put them around the iPad. I sent the picture to Marty and said “Aw they miss Marty and hurried over to the iPad when they heard your voice.” Marty said I was a flake. Weird.

Have a great evening.
Marcy Killers.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KaeKae, could you please misplace /hide your avatar ring by sending it to me??? I promise to not tell you where it is for a good few years

Kristie, OMG that construction story is even worse than any of mine!! LOL! How is that even possible??? I had no idea that a Traveler's Precheck authorization existed! Such a good idea! It sounds wonderful. Good luck! Re grout, I think that is exactly what happened! They left the watery residue thing for too long! I’m in a far-off location… Just saying Wish furbaby liked swiming. She hates it, lol. Might have something to do with the water temperatures here...

What I think happened here is that all these three rooms are rather small. So I think they did all three rooms before they started cleaning. And so it was left on for too long. I checked the “manual” from the producer, and it looks like you should clean after 20 min, so that is my best guess. And that also you should do a final cleaning after 1 hour to avoid a veil being left on top of the tiles. But I think they left for the weekend without doing the last wash to remove any veil, probably because it did not show, and so the epoxy have materialized somehow and got stuck in the marble. They cleaned it with something from the producer last night, and it helped. I told them to do it again… So annoying! We even had them impregnated first to avoid any discolouration because the marble is white. Grrrrrrr!

It is 10C (50F) here today. Brrrr so cold. Practically winter for some of you I guess, lol.

Well not you, Marcy. I’m sure you can appreciate that 10C is a nice spring day, lol! How was Marty’s broadcast? I think a) today is Thursday, and b) that he is coming home on Thursday. Hope I’m right on both accounts. Sorry about the smoke making you feel a little off! We almost never have fires like that here. Thankfully. Sounds awful.

Thank you for asking about furbaby girls! She is much much better, completely recovered I think. The only thing now is to get her – and me – back into shape, lol. The next surgery will be in October. It is not possible to do it before because there is not enough skin to stich her up again before the skin stretches a bit more. But there is nothing to worry about. The lumps were removed, so just a safety precaution to prevent anything coming back in the future. So she should be just fine I’m very relieved!!

Austina, that ring is wonderful! Good arguing there Hope your DH is feeling better today!! Sending lots of healing vibes his way!

Missy, I keep looking at your new tandem pictures! Looks like so much fun!! But I’m happy you got the flag! Looks a little safer that way The ice cream is TDF. (Why is that two words?? Ice+cream, why not icecream? Or Icecream? Sure deserves a capital letter! Or – even better? Iced cream? I don’t get it. (read: here it is written in one word, so I always type it wrong, lol)) Fred is adorable! How is HRH doing? I have now completed my evil little plan, by the way. And I can’t wait to meet you! Really you need to start flying again so you can come to Hawaii with us I have booked a suite, so just hop on a plane, and sleep on the couch! LOL so no your style!

Pierrebear, how is your hand??

Got to go. Meeting a friend for coffee and some shopping later today, so now I need to be a good girl and get some work done! Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My in-laws get their free cone every year. I agree the owners of Days and Starving Artist are great.

It looks like my in-laws, who are selling their house in OG, are going to stay in town, after all. (downsizing) so I'll be there, but probably late summer this time. Let's definitely meet up at Days when I get there!

KaeKae, Yes absolutely! We will meet you there. Looking forward to it.:appl:And I am glad your in laws decided to stay in OG. It's such a lovely town.
YAY for finding so many more of your jewels! That is fantastic!

Marcy, yay for your thigh feeling better! I am sorry about your headache and I hope it is all better today. LOL to the killer bunnies and Marty's reaction. Yes we are funny and at least we recognize and appreciate how funny we are.:lol:
Glad you were reunited with your bling yesterday.

Austina, I am so sorry your dh's Mohs procedure was more invasive than you originally hoped it would be and sending him lots of healing vibes and hugs to you. Love your ring!:love: Thank you for the additional photos. I love photos as you know.8-)
I am still thinking about leaving work. Though I don't want to cut my nose off (sorry for the idiom given your dh's surgery) to spite my face. I usually enjoy seeing my patients when I am there but the administration pisses me off to the point that leaving might just be a relief despite enjoying being helpful to my patients. They will continue getting care and that is what ultimately matters so if I leave none of my patients will be permanently adversely affected. Though I know they will miss me as I will miss them but we will all recover from that.

Junie yay for your SC vacation and 2 whole weeks Woohoo! And yes to taking Zoe. That's the way to do it. The family stays together vacationing and all.:appl:

Hi Kristie, thanks for your support and help yesterday. I have not unbandaged the toe yet because I woke up late and am working out soon so will look at it after my workout before my shower. I am scared and appreciate your comforting words lats night. My friend D said it was a bad technique and for her to say that is something because she doesn't knock other doctors. I am so mad that I want to do something but first want to heal.

Hi Springerspaniel.

Scandi, sweetie, I too cannot wait to meet you in a few weeks. I have had a setback (incompetent butcher doctor!) but praying it won't get infected and land me in the hospital.
I agree Ice cream should be either one word or all capitals. As in LOVE ICE:love::lickout:CREAM.
Haha thank you again for your invite to Maui and that is right. I am not a sleeper sofa type of gal. I am sure you would be more than happy to allow me to sleep with you in the bed and we can let the men sleep on the sofa.:razz:
Have fun with your friend and enjoy the shopping and coffee and yes I hope you get some work done too.:halo:

OK just a quick summary of my day yesterday because I am running late. My girlfriend D (who is also a podiatrist) has been away and I needed to get a podiatrist to look at my big toe left foot because it was starting to get ingrown again and I was being (or trying to be) proactive. BIG mistake. I went to a doctor after work yesterday who had good reviews and he cut my toe while trying to cut my nail. And badly. And then when I called him when I got home and really evaluated what he had done he said oh I cut you? Are you sure that is not just the betadine. Yeah like I cannot tell the difference b/w Betadine and blood. Grrrr so angry but mainly upset and worried because the whole reason I was being proactive is that I am concerned about an infection in the leg with the plates. My surgeon had warned me to be super careful because that leg is vulnerable with all the metal in it now. So I scared. When I called him to tell him he cut my skin badly I also asked him to prescribe oral antibiotics but now I am holding off taking them because I know they have the potential to cause more problems than solve and I am vulnerable to these too. So that in a nutshell was my afternoon yesterday. I am not looking forward to reevaluating the toe this AM but I am praying it won't get infected and that I don't have to take the oral antibiotics.

Gross pics below. Please skip if you don't want to see them.
......................................................................................
......................................................................................

after I gently cleansed it after my appointment with the BUTCHER.

toenailcutcloseup.jpg

toenailcut.JPG

Pierrebear I hope your hand is improving. I mistakenly wrote your jet ski accident but I knew it was the wake board. My apologies. Sometimes I type too slow and my brain jumps ahead and I inadvertently write the wrong thing.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday. (((HUGS))).:wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Missy, that looks really painful!! Perhaps some liquid bandage could help..?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks sweetie. I think it needs to heal and not be an open wound before I can use the liquid bandage.

Oh no Missy, that looks really painful!! Perhaps some liquid bandage could help..?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @missy that looks so painful, how could he have not realised he cut you?

Thanks for the good wishes, DH is feeling pretty yuk, I think it's the ABs, I think it's overkill to have them, but hey ho, the wound is clean and he has AB ointment to put on it.

Will have a proper catch up tomorrow, hope you're all ok :wavey:

P

PierreBear

Thanks all for asking about my hands. It’s the first time today at work that my hands are typing as I usually do and there is no numbing sensation. Also, the swelling has gone down so I’m back to wearing my rings. It was only less than a week without it but my naked hands felt strange. It was nice to not have any weight on my hands, but I felt as a married woman that I was giving off wrong signals. Haha! Anyhow, since this is a ring forum, I’ll share a photo I snapped up quickly. Apologies for the quality but you can see the scarring and minimal swelling. Hope everyone has a great day!

@azstonie – I love your dog photos! Swimming in a life jacket is just adorable. My in-laws have a Westie and I’m actually wondering if she has ever gone swimming before. I’ll have to inquire this weekend when we are making a trip there to visit.

Good luck with your TSA upgrade. Glad that you will put it to good use, scouting around retirement places. I’ve always dreamed of setting up in Cali or Colorado. Well, heck if I’m dreaming then I should throw in France or Thailand … haha!

@KaeKae – Wow glad you found more of your pieces! The only thing I find around my house is cat hair.

@Austina – 60th birthday & 40th anniversary is such a milestone. Way to go DH!

@marcy – So awesome that Marty is a strength trainer. Does he train you as well?

@Scandinavian – Did you find some goodies when you went shopping with your friend?

@missy – Sorry to hear about your toe nail. Looks so painful but hopefully it won’t get infected. Stay strong and praying that recovery will be quick. I believe when my DH had issues with a nail that kept growing the wrong way, they put some sort of chemical on it that essentially stops it from growing permanently? I’ll have to ask him to see if he has any thoughts but this might be a different scenario since the toe nail is already cut. I’m so sorry about your situation.

No worries about the mistype. We did go jet skiing as well and luckily no accidents there. I knew what you meant and must have just read over it and didn’t catch anything. You are so attentive!

20170629_093104.jpg 20170629_093116.jpg

P

PierreBear

Sorry that the photos are so large. I'm not sure of the best way to load the files.
Side question - On the bottom of posting there is a "your media" tab. Is there a way to delete old photos you don't want to re-use?
Thanks for teaching this gal how to use Pricescope better!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I’m with you. KaeKae’s avatar ring is gorgeous. Oh no they didn’t clean your tile off in a timely manner. I am glad it looked better but grr they neglected to take care of it in the first place. I hope they get it all off in their next attempt. That is chilly for summertime. We are only getting a bit warmer here tomorrow but then we are heading towards a heat wave (or nice weather for Kristie). I thought Marty’s broadcast sounded good. Of course it’s all about the owner of that company look good but I thought Marty did a good job answering the questions. I am delighted to hear your fur baby is doing well. You two will be out chasing critters and birds around again in no time. The U.S. has quite a few forest fires from about May to September. The smoke gets pretty bad.

Missy, definitely it’s nice to be so funny. Ha Ha. How much you care about you patients is the only reason you continue to go back to work; I am pretty sure your patients are very grateful you care so much about them. Oh no about that doctor cutting your toe. It looks painful! I hope it gets better soon and you don’t have any problems with it healing or getting infected. What was that guy thinking?

Austina, I hope your DH is feeling better tomorrow.

PierreBear, I am so glad your fingers are better and your rings are gorgeous. Do you wear them together? I love 5 stone rings but don’t like them on me. I vote you ladies all pick places in Colorado - I can drive there to see you! Rocky Mountain GTG. Marty isn’t officially a strength trainer yet but he is testing for in next month. He keeps trying to get me to do something but I have so many “issues” I am rather hesitant to try. I am more of a basic stretches / hand weights type. I have the same question about recent media. I click on the camera and it goes away but only until the next response. Oh and your pictures are fine that size - I can see your pretty diamonds better.

Today was another fun filled WTH day at work. An employee, the HR lady and I had a meeting today and I apparently don’t convey clearly enough my expectations so my employee isn’t responsible for her poor performance. Grr!!!

So Marty got to go through protesters at the LA airport today. Sadly it’s the second time that has happened to him. About 5 years ago he walked about 4 miles through rioters in Brazil to get to the airport. Somewhere on YouTube there has to be a video of some American pulling his luggage through the crowds chanting with the rioters. What was he going to do when they told him to join in? Others would point at airplanes taking off and laugh while shaking their head. Such fun.

We had a fabulous lightning show last night; I watched it for quite a while before going to bed. Tonight we had some rain but not much.

Marty should be home about 11 tonight. He’ll be home all of 5 days.

Laters,
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello girls and good morning!

The weather is better again today, sunny and I think it will peak at around 22C, which is a good summer day here :) On the not-so-good-side: I'm not feeling so good. My throat hurts and my nose is running and a lot of "aaaaaattttchoo" sounds are coming out of me. We were planning to go to our cabin for the weekend, so hope I'll feel a bit better in a few hours. Yikes.

Missy, I'm so sorry (!!!) about your toe!! That looks so painful! I wish I could take the wound for you. I normally heal super fast, so it would be gone in a week no worries and no infections. (Example, after I had a caesarean last time, after 24 hours I went home, and after 48 I took my oldest to a circus show... LOL and thanks dad for good healing genes)

Marcy, I can picture Marty going through the protesters! HAHAHAHAHAHA hope he got home OK and that you have a nice evening planned for today :) Wish I had seen the lightening show too! They can be great!

Pierrebear, those rings are gorgeous!! I like diamonds in large pictures! If you want smaller, just choose the "thumbnail" option.

Merry weekend all!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit: not model. Hanger. Just realised that there is no model in this picture...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning all!

Missy, oh no to your bad podiatrist visit! I'm sorry, and I'm sending tons of healing vibes to you. I know you would prefer not to take the antibiotics, but at least you have them just in case. I hope it's looking ok so far. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and I hope you start healing and have no problems. Hang in there.

Marcy, I'm sorry about the issue with your employee, sounds very frustrating and it's aggravation you don't need. It's too bad Marty had to deal with walking through protesters, traveling is hard enough! Do you know what they were protesting? I'm just curious lol. I'm glad Marty will be home but I'm sorry it's for such a short time. Lol to the rabbits listening to Marty. I'm glad his interview seemed to go well. Zoe really isn't that great in the car, she meows a lot - if she didn't meow so much we would have taken her on the plane. We would definitely get booted off the plane if we did lol.

Pierrebear, I'm glad the swelling has gone down for you and your hands are feeling better. You have the most gorgeous bling! Thank you for the eye candy :love::love::love:

I looked and can't see a way to delete those pictures, I don't even see the camera Marcy mentioned haha!

Kristie, sorry the Halo ice cream is too sweet for you :( I have such a big sweet tooth that I guess I didn't notice it lol. Signing up for TSA pre sounds great! Sounds like you'll have opportunities to use it, and it makes traveling so much easier. Taking mini-vacations to see friends Is a good idea; something to look forward to.

Scandi, I hope you're feeling better soon, take care and try to get a little extra rest if you can. The green marble is gorgeous! And I love all of your new dresses. I really like the pattern and colors of the last one. Dresses are great to wear in the warmer weather, so cool and comfortable. So glad to hear your furbaby is doing well!

KaeKae, so happy you found the rest of your hidden jewelry!

Not much going on with me, was going to go to my mother's today to continue clearing it out but honestly I just wasn't up for it. At this point it can just wait until I get back. Just running some errands and packing today.

Take care and a good day to all!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone.
Thank you for the compliments on my avatar ring. That's the one I won from Leibish a couple years ago! I posted about it at the time. She's small but mighty. A .35ct fancy yellow cushion, with .25ct in the halo and shank. That's an IGI FY, so they gave her a bit of an umph with a yellow cup underneath. I love wearing her. I only wish I had them make her a little bigger. Winter time, can get her on either hand, but summertime, she is mostly an e-ring alternative.
I have a couple other pictures on my computer. uploadfromtaptalk1433295753063.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1433295730693.jpg

The pictures aren't posting :(
I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

Just a flying visit, hope you're all well.

Thank you for all your kind good wishes. DH is feeling rather awful, I'm still convinced it's the ABs, 4 x 500 gms daily seems like overkill to me.

I had to get the dressing off last night, not an easy task as it was welded on with dry blood, sorry TMI, I hope you're not eating :-o and the poor old sausage was feeling bad about me having to do it. I told him it's absolutely ok, I don't mind. His nose his a real mess, think Frankenstein.

A big wave to you all, have a great weekend :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon girls!

Marcy so happy your thigh is feeling better. Ugh to Marty having a stressful airport experience and glad he will be home with you all 5 days! Woohoo! Glad you enjoyed the lightning show last night and Boo to challenging employee saga continuing. But mainly YAY for long weekends and happy holidays.

Austina oh no I am sorry about your sweet dh not feeling well and sending buckets of healing dust his way. Yes those ABs can be quite tough on the system. Please make sure he is also taking probiotics or eating fermented vegetables (at least a few hours apart from the ABs) to replace all his good gut bacteria. (((Hugs))) to you both.

PierreBear so happy your hand is healing well and woohoo love the bling.:love:

KaeKae love your bling as well and I wish I could help you post photos. I save the photos to my laptop and then hit upload photos and then post the pics. I took some just for you today by the way...we cycled about 40 miles today and I learned something. The SPF pants I bought while very comfortable do nothing to prevent my rash. I have huge rashes up and down both thighs and calves. I guess by deduction then it is heat related because not many of the UV rays could get through the spf cycling leggings I wore on today's ride. But I digress. Here are the photos I took just for you.

daysopen.JPG

trikeinfrontofdays.JPG

greggoingintodays.JPG

daysicecream.JPG

Junie I hope you have a terrific time at the beach house and yes the cleaning can wait. Just pack and enjoy your vacation. (((HUGS))).

Scandi LOVE the dresses. And they will look even more beautiful on you than the model of that I have no doubt! That marble is gorgeous. Hope all is going smoothly re the renovations and thinking of sweet F.

So I called my health insurance company when we got back from our bike ride and told them all about my experience with the podiatrist. I also called Am Ex and told them everything and am doing a charge back. Of course it is not the money. The rep even said the same. He knows our spending history so that much is clear. Both the rep from AM Ex and my insurance company were horrified when I told them the details and I just want to heal. It is still quite painful and awful looking. I have been soaking every day with Hibiclens and applying Betadine and then antibiotic ointment. Just hoping it heals without incident and without infection. I have an appointment at 8AM Monday AM with Butch's podiatrist about 30 minutes away so fingers crossed he is as good as Butch says and that he can help me and be my go to podiatrist from now on. Doris of course said she is more than happy to take care of me and I appreciate that but she and I have different schedules and she doesn't work at her own practice so I would just like to have a regular podiatrist in addition to my friend Doris who is excellent and whom I trust completely.

I hope everyone is enjoying this Friday before the holiday (for some) weekend and sending hugs and healing vibes to all who need it. XOXO.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Days!!!! Yummy, yummy! Now I'm going to have to send K to Rita's or Baskin Robbins and pretend it's Days. Or maybe I'll just open some wine. Hmmmm.
I'm sorry to hear about the rashy pants. No fun.
I just can't figure out the pictures. They are right here in the "your media" box. It worked for the other pictures I uploaded. uploadfromtaptalk1433295753063.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1433295730693.jpg

Anyway, I hope the soaking of your foot starts to work. Enjoy the holiday weekend "down the shore" this is the first year in probably 15 that I'm not there for the weekend. No OG parade But the bonus is I'll finally get to see the local fireworks, during our last year here.

Happy holiday weekend everyone! Don't forget to sparkle.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, I LOVE the dresses!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy July first and first weekend of July.:appl:

KaeKae, sorry you aren't here this holiday but glad you will be here this summer even if it's near the end of the summer...Ocean Grove is waiting for you!

Marcy yay for Marty being home at least for 5 days before his next trip. Sending you both hugs and hope you have fun!

Jimmianne, welcome home!!! Hope you are catching up on sleep and sending you lots of love and hugs.
How was the 6000 bike march? Cannot wait to hear all about your adventures!

Kristie I'm with you re the fireworks and the fur babies. It is going to be a challenging week or so because goodness knows the fireworks aren't just during July 4th around here. It's this weekend and the week and then next weekend. Crazy. Poor fur babies.

Callie yay for your sweet dh being home. Enjoy.

Junie hope you are enjoying your beach house right now and have a great holiday there!

LLJsmom so excited for you and I am practically hyperventilating with anticipation...how can we wait so much longer?:boohoo: But it will be worth the wait!:love:

Hi there Austina, PierreBear, Scandi and Sharon and anyone else reading and might have missed mentioning. Hope all is well!

Another hot day and we are going out early this AM to get some cycling in down the shore.8-)
As some of you girls know my industrious and creative dh made me a sun canopy yesterday when we got back from our ride. He had ordered spf material and started sewing and cutting and after about 4 or so hours Voilà. A beautiful bright sun protective roof. Now keep in mind we have no idea if it is even usable here as it is always quite windy at the shore so it just might not work. But fingers crossed!

Greg starting it when we got back from our ride yesterday afternoon around 3PM.
(Haha he got a haircut Thursday afternoon and it is super short...I'm not used to seeing him with such short hair but I like it though I know he prefers it just a bit longer)

gregworkingoncanopyatsewingmachine.JPG

gregmakingcanopy.JPG

Finished around 8PM or so with a dinner break in between...
spftrikecanopy.JPG

Opening it for me to get in the bike...
canopyopen.JPG

I'm in the bike and a photo of the material above me...
canopymaterial.JPG

Greg inspecting his work...
suncanopy.JPG

Isn't it purty? Now I just hope it can stay in place despite the wind (he designed it to hopefully go with the wind and still stay in place but we won't know till we ride today) and it helps protect me from my nasty rashes.

And the sunrise this July 1st 2017. Pretty sunrise but you can see it is going to be a HOT day. Enjoy this lovely weekend girls!:wavey:

Look at the lovely clouds...
sunrisejuly2017.JPG

Good morning sun. Please be kind today.:halo:
sunrisejuly12017.JPG

(((HUGS))).

Last edited:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning everyone! I finally got Clyde to sit still long enough to take a quick snapshot. Here he is after having all of his lovely show coat shaved off:

clyde.jpg

We haven't had a young dog for several years, so he s a wonderful mindfulness reminder to enjoy each and every moment. Every day is a new adventure for him--as Dave Barry once wrote about "adventure dog" going outside for the 365th day in a row: "Look! It's the BACK YARD! And what's this? It's DOGGIE PEE! etc etc"

I love reading about everyone's adventures this summer so far.

Scandi--I love the floors and the picture of F. She's so adorable.

I also find the Terra to be fascinating. What clever idea to put up a sunscreen!

Not enough time to say hi to everyone--will try to get back to this later this weekend, but in the meantime-- if anyone's interested, ESPN magazine has put out its annual "body" issue and Patriots football something-or-other Julian Edelman is featured. Worth a look for those of you who like anatomy if ya know what I mean.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

1st thank you so much for all your good thoughts and wishes about the accident and about not having our pictures from our vacation. We are still mourning those pictures, for so many reasons. I think I said it back then, we don't expect we'll ever see those pictures again. Even if someone returns the camera or the camera is recovered we are expecting the media cards would have been wiped.

Did a little bit of catchup I hope I catch most of the significant things.

kae kae I had read you had found your jewelry the same morning you posted it. So happy for you. What a nice thing to have happened. And I saw you found even more in the last couple of days. yay. Do you think you're done or might you have even more?

azstonie your doggies swimming literally put a smile on my face. And when you said Flynn had photobombed Maggie I looked in the picture and cracked up when I saw him. He looked so cute with his little tail. I hope you're doing great. ***important: if you didn't already pay, do the Global Entry instead. For only $15 more ($100 for 5 years) you get international expedited entry (when coming INTO the US) and TSA precheck included.)***

scandi you're probably one of these people who are super scary when they're angry because nobody expects you to ever get angry. But when you do...watch out. :-oLove all the dresses you posted on the right figure like yours they would be absolutely gorgeous. Love the green arctic marble. Gorgeous.

marcy hi I've missed you. So glad to hear Marty will be home 5 days in a row. Yay. I saw the picture of the rabbits listening to marty's podcast. Did they learn anything and give good feedback for him. Marcy next time you sit with HR tell them that you were able to boil down to a single sentence what has been eluding you for years, and that this discovery should solve all the problems in the department. The expectation is as follows: "just do your fng job." :lol:

missy love the bike, love the canopy, love your friend's kitties, love the ice cream pictures. Sorry to hear about your toe :/ hope it heals soon.

(OK I'm going to hit send real quick hope Kristie sees my message above!)

then I'll continue :D

OK moving on...

hi June! glad to hear you put off going to your mom's and went with what you felt like doing. Are you going to the beach again or somewhere different? Hope you and your family are doing great it was nice to see you were going to see your dd and baby.

callie I saw in missy's message to you that she said she was happy your DH was home but I went back a few pages to find your post and didn't see it. :( but I'm happy too that your DH is home enjoy your time together and I hope everything is good with you.

And of course as always hello to EVERYONE here. :wavey:Even if I don't always reply to everyone like I want to I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate you all. I hope everyone is having a great Saturday and that you enjoy it in whatever way you love. Hugs!

ETA OMG how could I have missed springerspaniel's picture of that sweet fur baby! Adorable. :love:

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Greg did a fantastic job! Fingers crossed that it does the trick and there are no more rashes in your future. I still think the rashes could be caused from the cycling pant material and the heat. Looking forward to an ice cream pic from you! My husband made it home safely last night but spent most of yesterday sitting in an airport with all the delays. He was supposed to be home by 7:00 PM and didn't end up getting home until 10:30. My niece was texting me last night and I mentioned that a present was delivered yesterday. Her reply back was "what did you buy H??? She was pretty excited when I told her the present was for her. She had a bad day at work yesterday and said "well this day just got better" I was telling her how H was showing a lot of empathy when we took my furbaby to the vet. H kept telling her not to be scared and kept petting her to make her feel better. The vet LOL when she told her "not to be scared, your mom is here".

Scandi, The floors look beautiful. You must be so excited seeing the house start to come together. I wish I was going to be in NY when you are there. I would LOVE to go shopping with you. You know the way I think "A girl can never have too many dresses".

SS, Clyde is adorable. What a sweet face. Puppies are so much fun but they are a lot of work. I was so so thrilled once our furbaby got past the potty training stage. I trained our on pee pads and I'm so glad I did. She jumps outside goes and is back in the house in less than a minute. My parent's dog with spend a half an hour looking for the perfect place to pee and it drives my parents nuts. It is so much fun watching their reactions to new things.

Austina, DO you think there is a good chance you will eventually move to Austin? I've heard that is the nicest part of Texas.

Marcy, Enjoy your weekend with Marty. I'm sorry he is traveling is much lately, I know it gets old really quick.

Kristie, I dread 4th of July every year. My furbaby hates the fireworks as much as FInn and Maggie do. Where I live it's a flipping two week event with the fireworks that began middle of last week. I'm doing everything I possibly can because of her stomach to keep her calm and now it will be days of her getting upset. We need to come up with something fun for you to buy to scratch the itch of getting something new. I wish we lived closer we could go shopping and out to lunch. At least we would be having fun!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, how was cycling today? Did the sun canopy work? Fingers crossed! Hugs!

JIMMIANNE WELCOME HOME :appl::wavey::kiss::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results