shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't popped in for a while. But I just love reading all your NIRDI posts.
Happy summer everyone and happy 4th of July!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, For some reason I didn't see you post above. Are you OK now? I noticed you started a thread on a lawyer so I'm hoping you are okay. What have you been up to lately? I'm sorry about the vacation pictures.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, For some reason I didn't see you post above. Are you OK now? I noticed you started a thread on a lawyer so I'm hoping you are okay. What have you been up to lately? I'm sorry about the vacation pictures.

Hi Callie :)how are you, no worries! It's so easy to miss posts! Well, let's just say I need a lawyer to help me. :( I've been better. Thanks about the pictures. You know what's funny - right before I went to post today I said to myself, let me transfer the few pictures I took with my phone make sure I don't lose those. So I connected the phone to my PC and I kid you not my phone restarted like 10 times and when I would try to go into the camera it would say "no pictures or albums". Something like that. I ended up fixing it, but...well, you can imagine.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, oh no - the crud has found you! I hope you get over it quickly. At least Marty got to drive through the protesters this time; walking through the angry mob in Brazil was something he said later he probably shouldn’t have done. It makes for good stories later though, right? Your new dresses are beautiful!

Junebug, the protesters in Brazil were when the government raised the fees on public transportation to help pay for the upcoming Olympics. People couldn’t afford it so they had a lot of violent protests, turning over cars, starting fires, etc. The protesters in LA were out protesting the newly implemented travel ban. Sorry that Zoe doesn’t like traveling; we had cats growing up and most of them liked going for rides. Have a fabulous time at the beach.

KaeKae, I remember when you won that ring; cool!

Austina, cute new avatar. I hate to hear your DH is still feeling awful. That does seem like a lot of AB but then again what would I know about dosages? I can believe pills could be making your DH feel sick. Sorry the dressing was stuck; ouch and what a mess. Thinking of you guys.

Missy, I am so sorry about rashes and your toe. Pesky problems go away and never bug Missy another day! The canopy Greg made for you is awesome and such a bright, cheery color. Those dishes of ice cream look fabulous. Good idea to get the charges for your toe reversed. Good luck with the new podiatrist. Enjoy the local fireworks. We probably won’t go this year since Marty will be heading to the airport at 4:30 am. Your sunrise photos are stunning!

Callie, I am glad your HD made it home okay but hate to hear he had delays getting there. I am glad you made your niece’s day letting her know you got her a present. Sorry your sweet Furbaby hates fireworks too. They make me nervous when I hear them going off late at night but I know what they are - idiots out there hopefully not starting a fire.

SpringerSpaniel, Clyde is adorable.

CJ2008, hopefully your camera and pictures find their way back to you but you have good memories in case. LOL to did the rabbits learn anything and give Marty any feedback. As a matter of fact we had that discussion over lunch - the rabbits are smart and my bears have fluff for brains. That is why the rabbits listened to the podcast. I like how you summed up job expectations. Sounds perfect to me. Sorry to hear you need a lawyer; good luck!

Welcome home Jimmianne! Hopefully you recover from jet lag soon. Are your critters happy to see you?

Hi Luv2Sparkle. I hope you are having a nice summer.

I am stunned. I didn’t really have anything to fix for supper so Marty said “order us pizza”. What?

We had a nice anniversary dinner last night. Drank a bottle of Freak Show with dinner then went for a ride and wandered around Bed, Bath and Beyond and Pier 1. I ended up talking to Marty about my HR / employee discussion. I need to have an earpiece with Marty telling me what to say. He is quick on responses; I think of great ones later. He told me he thinks i kind of freeze up because I get defensive.

This morning Marty had a tee time about 7:30 so he got up way early and headed out to the golf course. I got up at 7 to get ready for the cleaning lady to come at 8. I didn’t allow myself enough time but I had most things picked up when she got here. She was in a massive hurry so did her usual 4 hours in 2 hours in 15 minutes - I should tell her I expect that all the time. I still paid her for 4 hours but I don’t think she did as thorough of a job as usual.

I ran some errands this morning and went to see if my parent’s grave marker was cleaned off yet. Some gopher has a hole right there and keeps digging up dirt all over the marker. It was an absolute mess so I took a picture and stopped by the funeral home. She said they would take care of it; she doesn’t know if they can get rid of the gopher but they should be keeping the marker cleaned off. As much as you pay for that stuff . . .

Marty and I had lunch after golf and it was so nice we sat outside. Yay for summer arriving.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Welcome back CJ. We missed you. I am so sorry for everything you are going through and it is upsetting I know. The main thing is you and your dh are OK. I am sorry about the photos and I am hoping you will still get them back. Sending you hugs and good thoughts. (((Hugs))).

Callie I hope your sweet fur baby wakes up this morning ALL better. What do you and your dh have planned today after his morning golf game? Did you get that salad last night we were talking about? I am not a fan of fireworks either mainly because of the fur babies and this year it promises to be at least 2 weekends and a full week of them. Darn it falling in the middle of the week giving those who enjoy setting off fireworks license to do it for 2 weekends and the week in between.

The rashes happen where there are no clothes as well i.e. on my calves so not due to the material of the cycling clothes which are all different anyway. As you know since I read you all the labels yesterday.:lol: Thank you for brainstorming for me. I cannot believe my fantastic dermatologist is stumped but as long as it is just rashes I will be OK and am not letting it stop me.:!::halo:

Scandi it was a success! We had a wonderful ride and the canopy held up despite the wind (for the most part) and though it was mostly cloudy yesterday I think it will definitely help. Hope you are feeling much better today sweetie. (((Hugs))).

Here's a quick photo for you and the all other girls who so kindly commented and complimented Greg's handiwork.

trikebeforeridewithcanopy.JPG

and with it open

trikewithcanopyup.JPG

Junie hope you are enjoying the sun the sand the ocean and the beach house!

Springerspaniel, Clyde is a looker. Please hug him from the NIRDI girls. What a face.:love:

Hi Luv2sparkle! So nice to see you here. Hope all is well. Please join in if you are feeling it. We would love to hear from you. (((Hugs))).

Marcy suggested by Marty yesterday woohoo! What is going on? LOL maybe he is going to approach food choices with more leeway and in moderation? Happy Anniversary!!! Glad you enjoyed a lovely lunch after Marty's golf game yesterday. I'm sorry about the mess with your parent's grave marker. How upsetting.

Happy Anniversary weekend!
I retro fit last year's poem for you-an oldie but a goody.

Dearest Marcy today is your wedding anniversary
26 years ago the knot was tied by you and Marty
It's been 26 years of one big party

They said it wouldn't last but lo and behold
26 years later and your love story is still being told
Your marriage full of laughter and love and joy so bold

With a bond so caring and so very strong
Full of love and happiness and in no sight any real wrong
Your relationship so special despite the ups and downs
The joy and smiles have way outweighed any of the frowns

You have held true through the course that is life
Full of love and laughter despite some of the strife
Your road is not finished and you have much further to go
Wishing you much more happiness and love to share and to show

It's also a holiday weekend and I'm glad Marty is home
It's going to be a hot day here so I now must go
Early Cycling on the agenda despite my poor toe
But couldn't post without a short poem letting you know

Dearest Marcy we love you
One of the true blue
NIRDI crew
without any more fuss

sending hugs from us
the killer bunnies and (cuddly) bears
cause about you know how much we all care

Enjoy a wonderful anniversary weekend with your darling Marty sweet Marcy!

Leaving you with a few photos from last night right after a huge rainstorm that visited us for 10 minutes with fierce winds and torrential downpours and then all still and quiet and peaceful and a lovely rainbow graced us with its presence.

Sky right after the quick moving storm last night.

skyafterstorm.JPG

The rainbow that appeared.

rainbow.JPG

And the kitties (Bobby and Tommy pictured here) fascination with the lively ever-changing scenery and wildlife outdoors right before the sun set last night.

catsilhouette.JPG

Have a wonderful Sunday girls. (((HUGS))).:wavey:

Last edited:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @missy (what happens when we do the @ thing? You get a notification?)

So, how did the canopy work? (I'm thinking if you're still taking pictures of it, it worked perfectly!)

Cute picture of Bobby and Tommy and I forgot to mention Fred's ferocious picture yesterday I was so scared after I saw it :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI NIRDI's:

Survived 50 C in Palm Springs. I absolutely love the desert and we had a great time...except for the whole 50C thingie:lol:. The best Happy Hours took the sting out of things. But back to the grind.

Missy I hope your toe is in repair and that you are not suffering. Greg is a genius, well, with everything. That tarp is really cool.

Marcy--things OK with you?

Scandi--sorry about your grout. Bad grout, sucks. No kidding. But I loved your red bikini you posted some time ago. I tried on no less that 3 dozen swim suits on our recent holiday--and the best bikini (IMHO) is still made by Vix. That brand just fits me well. And I also bought a one piece, which was a difficult decision...so many really gorgeous one pieces these days...who knew?

Where is JA--and her stories? I look forward to the overseas renovation she is accomplishing--or should I say curating...one stone at a time.

Big shout out to all that read and post here.:wavey: Healing vibes to folks and furry folks.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, your pictures are fabulous. I love the rainbow and Kitties watching what’s going on out there. Glad your canopy held up; I hope it doesn’t make it too hot for you under there but it’s not like an overhead tent so maybe you won’t notice anything. Now to block the Sun from the side. I think Marty was too tired to go to the grocery store and I sure wasn’t going to volunteer. You know that’s not one of my favorite chores. Thank you so much for the anniversary poem. It is so sweet; I really appreciate it. Marty refers to our anniversary as another year of putting up with his crap. I tell him that’s why I drink. How is your toe doing today?

CJ, I sometimes see on FB where people find a camera or phone and post a few pictures of people to try and find someone that knows them. Maybe someone will get your pictures back to you that way. I sure hope so.

Sharon, i am glad happy hour took the sting out of the heat on your trip. Sounds like a nice time. Yes, I am doing well. Thank you for asking. How are you doing?

My motivation level was rather low today so all I got done was laundry and picking off dead flowers. At least I did something, right?

I watched some great older movies - Tombstone and Twister.

We had burgers cooked on the grill for supper, our sides dishes were apples and raw veggies. One of us is going to have to break down and go to the grocery store. It will be interesting to see who cracks first. Since Marty is home only 2 more days we will see. I have stuff in the freezer for lunch so I can hold out for a while.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Greg did a great job with the canopy. I hope you had a great time at dinner tonight. The fireworks are starting up again but the furbaby doesn't seem fazed by them yet so that's good. She has been asleep on my lap much of the evening. She ate all her dinner (even the rice) so I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day for my sweet baby.

Happy Anniversary Marcy! I don't blame you not wanting to go to the grocery store. That's one chore I'm not fond of either. How was your pizza? Our furbaby has been sick since last Wednesday and unfortunately last night none of us got much sleep. I stayed home all day with her. DH golfed and then stopped and brought home salads for dinner because leaving the furbaby alone was not going to happen.

CJ, I hope somehow your pictures get back to you. I had to give a deposition once and my lawyer met with me for an hour the day before. I was very nervous but it went fine and I just answered the questions that were asked. I was just thrilled that the lawsuit was dropped right after the deposition. It was obvious to all the lawyers involved that the other person was lying.

Sharon, I'm glad you are having a good time on your vacation. Palm Springs is lovely.

Junie, I hope you are having a wonderful time at the beach and that your sweet furbaby is doing well being away from home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. Happy July 4th Eve.

CJ thanks for liking the photos and Fred says rooooooaaaaaaarrrrrrr. And he also sends love and purrs and says he's really a tame baby.:lol: The canopy did a decent job and Greg is adding some material to the side so I am more protected when the sun is lower. I will update this thread when I have more thoughts about this.

Sharon, glad you enjoyed vacation in Palm Springs. Sounds fun but oh so hot. At least it is a dry heat right?8-)
My toe is hurting quite a bit still and I am worried. Seeing another doctor today July 3rd and hoping he tells me I am coming along and healing because right now it looks (IMO) awful and it hurts and this is day 5 already. I'm sick with worry even with reassurances from my dear NIRDI friends and my dh. I know I have been a drag lately but when one is scared it is hard to be cheerful. And I am still so angry at that original doctor.

Marcy thank you for enjoying my photos and modified slightly from last year anniversary poem to you. I just posted a pic of Snoopy (with Calvin and Hobbes) in another thread and thought of you.:halo: LOL on who is going to crack first and go to the grocery store.:lol: See we solve that issue by generally going together.;-) I enjoy grocery shopping as long as it isn't terribly crowded. Glad you took it easy yesterday and enjoyed a movie or two. We have seen Twister (Helen Hunt right?) but I don't remember if we saw Tombstone. Will have to check that out.

Thanks for asking about my toe. I replied above in my response to Sharon.

Callie, I hope your sweet pup is doing better today. You gave me a scare yesterday but it looked hopeful for her as the day wore on and I sure hope she got a good night's sleep today (and that you and Jeff did too!) and that she wakes up today feeling all better.

Yesterday was a scorching hot day and very sunny. So we left super early for a trike ride. On the way back I had to stop and get photos of the pretty horses for Jimmianne and all the rest of you ladies who enjoy horses. And of course I snapped a quick photo of Greg waiting patiently across the street while I did this. We are surrounded by farm land near the beach house and we love that. Sea, sand, and farm. Perfect.:love:

Look at the pretty horses.:love:

horsesgrazingmiddletown.jpg

horses.jpg

horsesgrazinginmiddletown.JPG

Greg waiting patiently for me to snap the horse photos.

trikerestbreakforhorsephotoop.jpg

We were melting at this point. July is starting out pretty hot here.

We got home and rested and I soaked my toe and then we had a lovely evening last night with friends. But man the traffic was crazy. Fortunately we left early enough to be there well ahead of time. I don't like to be tardy.8-) These friends love to travel and just got back from Portugal and have a trip scheduled to Vietnam in February and Cuba in November. I thought of you girls and took a photo (or 2 or 3 :cheeky:) of her gorgeous rings. Every time we get together she is wearing a different (gorgeous) ring. A gal after my own heart.:kiss:
I didn't ask how many carats or color etc because I feel that would have been rude. But at least I took photos for you girls! And shared with my friend's permission of course.:halo:

jeanettespearring.JPG

jeanettesringcloseup.jpeg

jeanettesrings.JPG

And that's all folks. Hope you enjoyed the bling and horse photos and that you all have a good Monday. Please think good thoughts for me at the doctor's appointment coming up in an hour and a half. I am super nervous and just am hoping and praying that my toe is healing OK and not infected in any way. Fingers (and toes LOL) crossed. See you later.:kiss::wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, sending good thoughts york way! :kiss:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

I'll check back later, but Missy, I'm sorry your toe isn't healing and I'm really glad you're getting it looked at. I'm hoping the doctor can give advice and help lessen your worry!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CEEJ!!! Thank you for the headsup! I'm on my way to TSA Office in about an hour, I'm hoping they'll allow us to switch it, since we have not yet paid!!!

GAH to needing lawyer. I needed a lawyer last year at this time. You just need 'the right one.' I'm so sorry about your accident and the pics, that just sucks. I'm so glad you're okay, though.

More later, guys!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@azstonie DO NOT PAY the $85. You will *not* be able to get a refund once you do. The Global Entry is a COMPLETELY SEPARATE program from the TSA Precheck by a different entity - US Customs. https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

@azstonie ***ETA: I don't want to mess you up in any way. It IS possible the Global Entry will take a longer time to get the interview you need to do with them. So it depends on how close your trip is. I'd say if it's 2 months or less, don't risk it, and just do TSA Precheck.***

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies.

Very happy to report DH is feeling so much better since stopping the ABs. I spoke to a nurse friend of mine who confirmed that particular one can make you feel yuk. Thank you all for your concern and good wishes.

Greg is such a clever sausage @missy , the canopy is a masterpiece :D Hope your toe is healing and everything went well at the Dr's. Could your rash be prickly heat? Thank you as always for the great photos, especially the bling you ones:love:

Belated anniversary wishes @marcy, have you given in yet and gone shopping :lol:

:-o to 50 degree heat @canuk-gal, I thought it was bad enough in Tx.

Big wave out to @azstonie, @junebug17, @Scandinavian, @Calliecake , @CJ2008 , @luv2sparkle

Happy 4th July tomorrow!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!!

Missy, I hope your appointment today went well, thinking of you! I'm glad you found a podiatrist that comes highly recommended. It's too bad the pants didn't help with the rash, it does sound like it's heat related. Sorry you have to deal with it, I know it is annoying and frustrating. The sun canopy Greg made is fabulous, and I'm so glad it held up well in the wind. Your pics of the sunrise are amazing, such glorious colors! Your pics of the rainbow and the sky after the storm are beautiful, as well as the horses. you take great pictures! The pics of Day's are great, what a cute place. It's great to see the kitties enjoying their new perch so much.

Springerspaniel, Clyde is so precious! And he sounds like a lot of fun too. How wonderful to have such a sweet dog that enriches your life so much.

CJ, I'm so sorry you're dealing with a stressful situation, sending lots of good thoughts that things work out well, I'm keeping you in my thoughts. We're at our place in SC, one of the beaches in the Charleston area.

Calliecake, I hope your furbaby does ok with the fireworks, it's so hard to comfort them when they're frightened.

Luv2sparkle, hi! Hope everything is good with you. How is your adorable grandson doing?

Marcy, lol to Marty wanting pizza! I'm glad he's treating himself a little, life is too short to never eat pizza lol. I'm glad he was able to help you with your employee situation; My dh is the same way, he always comes up with a good way to say things. I'm really sorry about the mess around the marker, and I agree, the cemetery should stay on top of things like that. I'm glad you had a lovely anniversary diinner - lol to Marty's comment! Too funny. Thanks for the explanation of the protest, I should have realized the one in LA was about the travel ban.

Sharon, wow, that's hot! So glad you had a great time, and thank goodness for those happy hours, the perfect way to beat the heat.

Austina, very glad to hear your dh is feeling better, the poor man has had a rough time of it and i know it hasn't been easy for you!

Dh and I drove to SC yesterday, with kitty in tow, and the ride went well - it's a long drive, about 11 hours, but we didn't hit any traffic and Zoe did ok with the car ride. She seems to be adjusting ok to the house, I was nervous she'd be upset but she's eating, drinking, and using the litter box, thank goodness. The weather is warm and sunny and we're just taking it easy today and not doing much of anything. Here's a pic of our brave traveler lol
IMG_0004.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Junebug--Zoe is such a love muffin. There is a cat cafe in town and we stopped in today. It was packed with people and furry lovables!! There was an adorable cat that looked like Zoe and our childhood/family cat, Snuffy. I am a proud supporter of the The MEOW Foundation.

cheers--Sharon

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH my gosh I just HAD to give a hug to Zoe! What a cutie! So so cute. :love:

Hi @Austina! :wavey:your fur baby is so cute too!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick question guys.

After months and months of chasing then waiting then chasing then waiting it looks like our CPA finally has our taxes done. Fee is same as last year. I was really hoping he would have given something off because of the aggravation and frustration that I am sure he knows we must have felt based on our us having to constantly follow up. DH says we won't use him ever again. I feel like if there was a good explanation - like really awesomely good - maybe we can go back to square 1. Maybe this was just a one-off crazy thing that happened. I don't know. It's just weird. I would like to think wires got crossed at some point and then he actually admits he handled it poorly or something and then he just didn't know how to get it back on track.

But regardless if we end up using him again or not...

Is it tacky to ask for a discount for those reasons. Should we just pay and leave it at that, and then come next year we'll see how we feel.

I have to be prepared he might say no if we ask for a discount, too.

What do you guys think.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Happy Independence Day Eve.

Callie, I am glad your sweet fur baby ate and took a nice nap. I hope she is way better tomorrow and that the fireworks don’t bother her. Does white noise in the house help on that? Thanks for the anniversary wishes. Our pizza was good. I ordered the thin crust which we both seem to prefer anymore; the less bread we eat the less we seem to like it.

Missy, glad you saw the doctor about your toe today and hope it will start to improve. Ouch to that. I did see and enjoy your Snoopy and Calvin and Hobbes. The horses and scenery there are very pretty. Greg at least has a smile on his face waiting for you! Your friend’s rings are amazing. That pear is fabulous.

Scandi, how is the house coming along?

Junebug, hope you are relaxing and enjoying yourself. I agree life it too short not to enjoy treats sometimes. He even eats a cookie or two when I bake them. I am glad you guys arrived safely in SC and that Zoe is adjusting okay. She has mom and dad with her so she knows she’s safe. Have a great time.

Kristie, glad your TSA pre went well. Marty has the Global Entry too.

CJ, hoping things turn out well for you with the accident and that you do get your pictures back.

Austina, it’s gong to take me a few days to remember your new avatar. Hi cute fur baby! I am delighted to hear your DH is feeling better. Yes, I did give in first. Darn! I wanted some peaches and cucumbers or I would have NEVER gone first. Glad to hear your taxes are done. I would not ask for a discount but I wouldn’t go back to him next year. If he looks you up and asks for your business again then I’d let him know why you were displeased with his service and say you’d give him another chance if he gave you a discount. That’s what I’d do anyway.

Sharon, yay for supporting the MEOW Foundation. That is cute.

Yes I cracked and went to the grocery store first. Darn! I got off work early today so stopped at the store. Sadly I wasn’t the only one in town with that idea.

I picked up chicken, steak and corn on the cob for the grill tomorrow. That sounded like the 4th of July to me anyway.

For supper I heated up some leftover steak that was in the freezer and did a baked potato in the microwave. Both turned out to be less than tasty so I added vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup to my strawberries for dessert. Ha! It was delicious!

Have a safe and fun 4th of July. :wavey:
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 4 of July girls!
I have a summer cold - grrrr. With that, work, and painting/staining, my days are just flying by. I'll be back tomorrow! Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Fourth of July!

Thank you all for the good wishes and love here and behind the scenes. It's been a challenging week but hopefully I am on the road to recovery. I saw a new podiatrist yesterday based on a recommendation from our cycling buddy Butch (thank you Butch) and he seemed pretty good. He had to cut part of my nail from the bottom of the nail all the way up because he said it was infected.

So he injected my toe with 2 needles (I was holding and squeezing my poor dh's hand so tightly LOL) to numb it up and then he removed it. So now I just have to heal without incident fingers crossed.

He said (and I am very pleased about this) it is no problem to continue cycling etc so we went cycling when we got back after the doctor's visit yesterday. He couldn't apply that cauterizing chemical to prevent it from ever growing again sadly because of the infection so I have to come back when it starts growing again and repeat the procedure but this time with the cauterizing chemical to end that part of the nail growth forever. But that's OK. The needles weren't too terribly painful and I have Greg's hand to squeeze so as long as this doesn't get infected I will be super relieved and happy. Fingers and toes crossed haha.

And he also said he was very impressed with my ankle flexibility/motion after the Pilon fracture I had in 2014. He said it was pretty incredible I did so well after such a major fracture.:appl:

I have not yet un-bandaged the toe this AM as I am too scared to look right now. What a baby I am right? Hopefully it looks OK but will look after I post. Wish me luck.

Junie, awww sweet Zoe is such a love.:kiss: So glad you guys took her with you and yay for adjusting well at the beach home. As Marcy said she is surrounded by her mommy and daddy and has a warm safe home and food and love and it's all good. Hope you are having a wonderful time. Please give Zoe a big hug from her Auntie Missy.

Scandi thank you sweetie. Hope you feel better soon and sending get well dust your way. XOXO.

Marcy glad you got out of work yesterday early but darn re the store being crowded. Your menu sounds delicious. Are you having company over today or is it just you and Marty? I love vanilla ice cream and corn on the cob. Yummmmmy.

Austina so glad your dh is recuperating and doing well!!! Continuing to send healing vibes his way.

Callie how is your sweet fur baby doing? Thinking of her and you and sending bucket loads of healing dust her way.

CJ I would let it go and not ever use him again. You know one of my favorite sayings is "Fool me once shame on you...Fool me twice shame on me". Just pay, move on and find a better more conscientious accountant. If he wanted to explain he would have. Sorry about the aggravation.

Hi Sharon:wavey:

So if anyone wants a photo of my toe scroll down. It's gross. Took the photo in the late afternoon yesterday after our bike ride and after my shower before I soaked it. But feel free to skip this photo.

toenailremovallaporta.JPG

OK so we got home yesterday after the doctor's procedure with the partial nail removal and got ready to cycle. It was hot so we decided to take the Henry Hudson trail where it is more shaded with lots of trees and didn't go out to the ocean route I love (so no ice cream at Days:() but with the West wind it was just too hot. Lots of ducks and geese on the trail and we even saw a beautiful deer/doe/fawn. OMG so beautiful.

Trike in front of house before we left for our ride yesterday all decked out for the holiday.

trikeandflaginfrontofbeachhouse.jpg

other side of trike and flag

gregsettingtrikeupjuly2017.JPG

Ducks.

ducks.JPG

On shaded Henry Hudson trail

shadedhenryhudsontrail.JPG

shadedtrailtrike.JPG

july32017trikeride.png

And finally a lovely sunset last night with a pink purple blue sky

sunsetskyjuly2017.jpg

and a wondrous sunrise this morning

sunrisejuly42017.jpg

and the trike all ready to go for today's July 4th ride...with the new flag Greg made for it from the sun canopy material. Higher and larger with more visibility.

july42017trike.JPG

Have a happy and safe July 4th girls. (((HUGS))).

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey:

Thanks again so much for all your thoughts about the pictures. I really appreciate it. ((hugs))

june glad Zoe seems to be adjusting well to the house. Enjoy your time there!

marcy LOL to making up for a crappy dinner with an extra good dessert. That's why dessert exists! ::)why do you hate going to the grocery store so much. and did you reveal who cracked first?

missy so glad to hear you had a nice night with your friends. How did your Dr.'s appointment go. I hope your toe is feeling better. Good idea on the side addition to the canopy it will protect your arms.

kristie thank you so much ((hugs)) I *think* I found the right lawyer. We'll see.

callie mollymalone in another thread the one about the lawyer said it's really uncomfortable (well, she used a smarter word, discomfited :lol:) to give a deposition. I am so glad she warned me about this and had me ask this question of the lawyer. That one piece of advice was worth so much. I hired a law firm yesterday - we'll see what the reality of working with them turns out to be.

That's all I have time for right now I know a missed so many people.

Hugs everyone have a great 4th of July

ETA: missy, we must've been posting at the same time, I had that post open for a while. Thank you so much for your feedback on the CPA I was really conflicted what to do. I think you're right though. Thank you. And yeah, the fool me once thing applies here. I wonder if for some reason he wanted to get rid of us. We never got any indication of that at all and we're "easy" clients plus I send him all the things neat and itemized...but who knows. Maybe this was his way of getting us to never use him again.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CJ, people disappoint all the time and honestly I figure if it doesn't hurt us permanently we are ahead of the game.
And remember there are plenty of good accountants out there and I have no doubt you will find one that suits your and your dh's needs much better than this previous accountant. But it is super frustrating and I am sorry you went through it.

Greg made the side canopy but we haven't used it yet because we are using the American Flag this week but as soon as we attach the new side canopy he made for me I will post a pic.

(((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sharing this here on this July 4th 2017 for those of you interested in the history.

Katharine Lee Bates, a 33-year-old English literature teacher at Wellesley College, was on “a merry expedition up Pike’s Peak” in Colorado in 1893 when she looked out “over the sea-like expanse of fertile country spreading away so far under those ample skies.”
In an instant, she said, “the opening lines of the hymn floated into my mind.” Those lines became “America the Beautiful” — a song that will feature today in countless parades and band concerts.

Everyone knows the first verse, with its evocation of “amber waves of grain” and “purple mountain majesties.” But how many have read — let alone sung — the entire song?

The full hymn is more than just a poetic appreciation of the country’s wonders of nature. It evokes the vitality of an ever-widening America, celebrates its storied past and — most important — evokes its limitless future potential.

It hails the pioneering forebears who beat “a thoroughfare of freedom. . . across the wilderness,” and pays tribute to the nation’s defenders in war, the brave “heroes. . . who more than self their country loved.”

It looks forward to a day when America’s “alabaster cities” finally will “gleam undimmed by human tears.”
The song has always stirred deep emotion. “I can’t read the lines without swallowing hard,” one early reader wrote Bates. Voices quavered as crowds solemnly sang the song outside the White House in 1941 after Pearl Harbor and, six decades later, at Ground Zero after 9/11.

In 1979, Pope John Paul II recited its fervent prayer — “America, America, God shed his grace on thee” — as he descended from his plane on his first trip to this country.

The many memorable recordings and renditions — from Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Willie Nelson, Mariah Carey and others — all share a moving simplicity, without the vocal acrobatics that too often accompany “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

The music plays a large part in the song’s mystique. Samuel Howe, a church organist, composed it during an 1882 ferry ride from Coney Island to his home in Newark — for an entirely different hymn. It was attached to Bates’ words in 1904 after his death.

Today’s certainly the day to fully appreciate this magnificent tribute to America and all that it represents. Have a glorious Fourth!

America the Beautiful
By Katharine Lee Bates (1859-1929)
Music by Samuel Augustus Howe (1847-1903)

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet
Whose stern impassioned stress
A thoroughfare of freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America!
God mend thine every flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!

O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MIssy, I'm glad you were able to get a bike ride in this morning. Thankfully the weather has cooperated. You toe still looks very painful. Since the furbaby has seemed better today we are going out for dinner. I can't wait to get out of the house and am so glad she seems to be finally improving. Now we just have decide where we are going. MY niece and grand niece were in a parade today. I can't wait to hear what the little one has to say about parades.

CJ, I too found giving a deposition nerve wracking. At the time my husband and I were being sued for a million dollars, so yeah I didn't find it to be a fun experience in any way. I wish I had known of Molly Malone back then. I learn so much from her. She is the greatest! Regarding the accountant, I would just pay the bill and decide next year if I was going to use him again.

Marcy, I hope you are having a great day today. Corn in the cob sounds so good. The is a farmer a few blocks away that sells corn later in the summer. It is so delicious. When my friend moved here from another state she said on more then one occasion her husband told her he wanted 3 ears of corn for dinner and nothing else.

Junie, I hope you kids were able to join you and you are having a wonderful holiday.

Austina, I thought of you this morning as my husband spent some time on the phone with people from London.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, NIRDsters!!

Happy 4th to everyone and happy late Canada 150 Day to you Sharon!

I'm not even going to try to catch up. It's been busy with work, plus a lot of time on a personal project (not bling) that is quite rewarding and causes the hours and days to fly past. I'm just going to skim through what I can remember of what's going on.

Missy, love the trike. Greg is such a great problem-solver!! Can you clone him for me?? And I'm glad your toe is on the way to healing. You've had quite the time of it lately, haven't you? And love the kitty window seat. They must be logging lots of time on their new vantage point.

Junie, have a great time at the beach with everyone, including the doll Zoe. The estate stuff will eventually work itself out.

Kristie, hope your interview went well and the guv'mint didn't put you on the no-fly list. The Westies are such dolls and you know how I feel about Finn's photobomb tendencies.

Jimmianne, welcome home!! I want to see pics of that chateau you've been fixing up!

CJ, glad the CPA finally got your taxes done. That's crazy late. I wouldn't just ask for a discount, I'd demand one. His service was terrible. Good luck with the lawyer. I hope you didn't hire the one from TV. And depositions aren't fun, but make sure your lawyer preps you for it, explaining what will happen, and do some practice. I once prepped my DH for a dep he had in connection with his work, and he said I did a better job of getting him ready than his lawyers did! They often don't take the time, and that's not fair to the client.

Austin, my DH had to have Mohs for skin cancer on his nose. It just looked like a teeny, tiny dot but had spread under the skin. The surgeon ended up doing 5 passes. He said he did 250 of these surgeries a year and maybe 3 of them took 5 passes. The most he'd ever done was 6. It was so painful to watch (and I'm sure even harder for my DH but he was a real trouper), and I totally get the Frankennose reference. I thought it was such a shame because my DH was so good looking (I know I'm biased but he was and everybody else thought so too). He decided against the repair surgery because he was already going through a lot of other stuff.

Callie, eat some corn for me! Fresh picked is the best! Glad your fur baby is feeling better.

Scandi, I'm sure the house will be beautiful in the end. When do you get your new fur baby? And isn't your U.S. trip coming up soon?

Marcy, sounds like you'll be bach'ing it again with Marty leaving right after the 4th. I kind of looked forward to my DH's business trips so I could get things done and, if I'm honest, do what I wanted! Now that he's gone, I wish he were back!!

Sharon, hope you had a great Canada day. And Palm Springs in the summer??? You must really like the desert!

Hi to everyone else, including all the new people! I apologize to whoever I left out and all the stuff I wanted to respond to and have forgotten. I need to go catch a boat.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies.

Hope you've been having a good 4th of July, is it a holiday there? (By that I mean do you get the day off?)

Thank you for the compliments on Dottie @CJ2008 she really does look an old grump, but is the sweetest thing :D

What a good puss coping with the long journey @junebug17 , we had a tiger puss when we were children. A little tiger kitten came in to the garden today, and Dottie didn't bat an eyelid! She really is so laid back, she's practically comatose:lol:

Your toe looks so sore @missy, I hope it's not too uncomfortable.

My DH did ask the surgeon if he'd still be able to model @rainwood :lol: Like yours, he's had enough of being cut up, and doesn't want any more surgery. He's not what you'd ever call handsome, but I :love: him and don't care what he looks like. He had the stitches out today and the surgeon is pleased with the result. The important thing is that it's gone.

My DH would prefer 3 courses of dessert given the choice @marcy in fact when we cruise, one of the desserts is a quintet, miniature portions of apple pie and ice cream, cheesecake, brownie, key lime pie and creme brûlée.

We got Global Entry last year @azstonie, what a difference it makes at busy airports. Hope your interview went well, I was only asked the basics, DH got the third degree.:-o

Hope you're not feeling too awful @Scandinavian summer colds are the pits.

Apologies if I've missed anyone :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rainwood, So good to see you back here. I hope you are enjoying the project you are working on.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy July 4th to the NIRDIs!

Scandi, won’t you be glad when your house is done?

Missy, great pictures. I love how patriotic you guys look for today. The ducks are very cute and the sunrise is gorgeous. Okay those shots had to hurt. Glad you had Greg’s hand to squeeze. Hopefully your toe heals quickly. Yes it does look painful. Yay for getting a good report card on your ankle. IMO it did heal really well but I know it was a long, slow process for you. Thank you for the full version of America the Beautiful.

CJ, I so agree that is why dessert exists. I cracked on going to the store first. Darn. I guess after decades of going to the grocery store it has become a chore rather than a fun outing. Like Missy said if both of us go it isn’t so bad. Marty can pack in everything in 2 trips at the most. The showoff!

Callie, I am so happy to hear your fur baby is dong better today. I hope you enjoy dinner out tonight. I bet your little niece had a great time in the parade today. Fresh corn on the cob is the best. The town my sister lives in Colorado has a farmer’s market with the best fresh produce. The summer my nephew was coming up every weekend to help my parents around the house he brought a cooler full for us; it was so good.

Rainwood, that is awesome you are working on a rewarding personal project. Enjoy! I kind of know what you mean about enjoying bach’ing it when your DH traveled but now you wish he was back. I know it’s not the same but kind of similar. I spent a lot of time with my parents but I did enjoy it when they went on vacation; now I wish they were still here.

Austina, I don’t blame your DH for not wanting more surgery on his nose. A quintet of mini desserts sounds great. I always like variety like that.

I slept in then made some chocolate chip cookies when I got around. One of our friends moved about 1/2 block down the street and he loves my cc cookies so we took a plate down to him this afternoon and looked at his new house. He has a 5 car garage - it’s three across then 2 of the bays at double long. It will be a fabulous shop for him.

I sent another friend of mine a picture telling her she better come get her bag of cookies before the rabbit eats them. I am sure they’ll stop by on their way home from the picnic they are at now. A guy that used to work with me at my former job is that picnic and I told her if she let him know where i live I’d be upset. He is a bit off and used to know where all of us lived and often knew if people were home last night. Us girls that worked there were like WTH? Do you drive around at night and check our houses? Creepy.

I met Marty after golf and we had some appetizers with some of his friends. One of his golf buddies girl friend is up here from Dallas. She was nice and likes sapphires so of course we had things to talk about.

Marty has the grill fired up to cook out steak, chicken and corn on the cob. Mm.

Take care.
Marcy IMG_0291.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results