carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I swear some days I feel like I get 10 years wiser. I think Marty could do well selling things with his Killer Rabbits tormenting teddy bears. Think of the jewelry I could buy when he becomes a well-to-do entrepreneur. Hugs to you missing your someone special; you never know when or where you might find someone. I am glad you embrace new things and try unfamiliar experiences. You are way more adventuresome than me. Have you named your asscher yet? I went in to a Swarovski store in Denver the last time we were down there and I’d buy many things in there. Naturally, they had Snoopy’s and Teddy Bears. You certainly are the girl who went to France to work on her beautiful second home. LOL that you went there to scrub floors. I am pretty sure you did many more things than that over there.

Missy, I can’t wait to hear what jewelry you ladies will be checking out soon. I am excited to hear all about it. You and the NIRDI’s come on over! We’ve got plenty of food and adult beverages for those who are interested. We can take over the man cave. I bet we could cover that big poker table with bling and Marty has little spot lights in the ceiling so bling looks fabulous down there. I’m like Greg because I would rather do my own dishes; I waste space in the dishwasher because I don’t want anything that’s breakable touching. I love the boat all decorated up for Christmas. What a great view from the restaurant. Homemade biscuits are the best especially with lots of butter.

Not much new here. Work was long and hectic but after getting in my car, putting it in sport plus mode (so it sounds more cool) and singing along to some of my favorite songs I felt great in about 20 seconds.

One more day of week then another 4-day weekend. It is going to be rough when I have to work 5 days a week again.

I ordered a handbag and wallet from leSportsac. Marty got my one of their Snoopy tote bags for Christmas so naturally I had to go buy a few more pieces. I don’t like them as well as the Tumi handbags I usually use but Tumi doesn’t offer pieces with Snoopy on them.

Have a fabulous Thursday! Heck Scandi is probably almost getting up already.
Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Holidays NIRDIs!!! I am finally work free, for another 2-3 days. I was working a bit through today, so I find myself up in the middle of the night cause I don't want my days off to end.

Everyone's pictures, and bling, and stories are great. I love to read them. Thank you for sharing. When I think of the hours I spend in front of the computer, doing work, I really have nothing exciting to add. I'm glad people are out there sharing and spending time with family and friends. Bless you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, yay for sports plus mode. And yay for new goodies. Thank you for graciously letting me invite everyone over to your place. What shall we bring? And thank Marty for allowing us to take over his man cave. I am sure he won't mind. :lol:

Yes going back to the normal work schedule will be challenging so I am blocking that from my mind. That and unpleasant doctor appointments. Sigh.

Hello LLJsmom and happy holidays to you and your wonderful family. :wavey:

We had a great day yesterday and visited the aquarium as we do every December. I will share photos later because I need more coffee NOW.

See you in a little while. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I'm back and ready to share.

I went penguin crazy as I LOVE LOVE LOVE penguins and they are my very favorite at the aquarium. There is a penguin there named Jewel and she is the oldest penguin at this aquarium. She is 30. In the wild they live for around 10-15 years but in captivity they can live 30 plus years. She is doing well and healthy. Unfortunately they moved her mate to another aquarium (I was so upset about this but not going into it now) but luckily a younger male caught her eye and they are now together. Penguins mate for life. They are so sweet and beautiful and I love everything about them. These are the African penguins and they like the temp around 70. Most of the penguin species are in warmer climates. Interesting fun fact right? OK enough of my jabbering. Without further ado may I present Jewel and her fellow penguins. :love: :love: :love:

Jewel :love: As pretty a jewel as I have ever seen. :love:

jewelthe30yearoldpenguinsobeautiful.jpg

jewelandheryoungerboyfriendsoprecious.jpg

penguinsgalore.jpeg

penguinsswimmingsograceful.jpg

penguinadorableineveryway.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next up the seals. LOVE the seals. The spotted ones look just like part of the background when they want to disappear.
Hahaha last pic in this post is my favorite guy dressed as a seal...can you guess who this is? Hahaha he's a good sport and didn't even protest this year when I asked him to pose for this pic as compared to last year when I think I got a little protesting on his part. Smart man. He's finally realizing the course of least resistance is the best course to take. :lol:

sealsweetness.jpg

sealteethnotscary.jpg

spottedseal.jpg

gregasasealatjenkinsonsdec2016.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaand the last set of photos I will bore you with this morning. Though believe me I have lots more photos. Turtles and other aquarium life but I think this is enough. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the photos I shared. Sharks up. Last but not least.

Have a great day girls and (((HUGS))).

jawsnotscary.jpg

jacks.jpg

sharkdec2016.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it hatched! LOL. It is the small things in life that bring us joy. Young or old. :halo:

hatchimalhatchedwoohoo.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

I am so sorry I've been MIA, I actually started responding to this thread at least 3 times but was either interrupted by Christmas dinner prep or too exhausted lol! I'm totally confused because I keep thinking I already responded to some things and I haven't haha - I am now hopelessly behind but will try to catch up, sorry if I'm dragging up ancient history at this point -

Missy, I think I forgot to wish you a Happy Hanukkah and I apologize for that, and I'm so glad that it seems like you have had a relaxing and fun vacation and I hope you are having a very happy holiday season. I was so sorry to read that you were feeling hurt and sad on Christmas, I get it and I hope you're feeling a bit better about it now. Love the cat tree, the kitties seem to be loving it! Greg did a fantastic job on the feeding station for your parents :clap: And wow, the docking stations are lovely and such a great idea, he does such beautiful work. Your new earrings are truly amazing, I love every single thing about them and they look perfect on you :love: Love the pics of your nieces, there's nothing like the excitement, joy, and innocence of children during the holidays. That hatching toy is so cool! I recognize those paintings! Such a talented artist, his work really is amazing, and he's a really nice guy too! I was glad to have the chance to meet him. That 3 stone looks sooo pretty on you! But I love Bea better lol. :halo: Such sweet pics of you and Greg at the beach, how great to see the beach in the middle of winter. Your aquarium pics are great, I love penguins too! The seals are adorable and the shark pics are fantastic.

Marcy, I LOVE your poem! It's excellent! :appl: I love it so much that I keep re-reading it, you have captured the essence of the nirdis perfectly, it is a very special poem and I thank you for the lovely words and thoughts. Marty's paintings are fantastic, he is so talented! Such a thoughtful and special gift. Although I noticed he managed to sneak the rabbits in there haha! Well, they're part of the family too, for better or worse :cheeky: Love the pics you took with your new camera, especially your bling pics :love: Your Christmas dinner sounds like it went great and everyone had a wonderful time, but I hear you on the work involved - I was absolutely exhausted the next day, in fact I stayed in my pajamas all day lol. And I still had dishes to do! Dh and the kids helped and the clean-up still took forever. It must have been bittersweet to go through your parents' decorations, I could see where it could be comforting and sad at the same time, hugs to you. I hope they bring you happy memories during future holiday seasons.

Hi CJ, sounds like you had a peaceful and relaxing holiday, that's how the holidays should be lol.

Jimmianne, I'm so glad you treated yourself to some goodies this holiday season, and I LOVE your purse! And your new asscher diamond is gorgeous!!! I hope you're loving it because it truly looks perfect on you and it's beautiful. I'm with Missy, you have built a great life for yourself and I admire your independence and self-sufficience. I admire everything about you actually! You are beautiful, inside and out.

LLJSmom, hi and I hope you had a lovely Christmas with your beautiful family - hope things are going ok at work and you're doing well.

Calliecake, I hope you had a great Christmas, it must have been fun to watch your sweet niece opening all her prezzies!

Rainwood, I haven't posted in so long I'm betting you're over your cold by now! :oops: Hope you're back to good health, and thanks for the pictures of Butchart Gardens, so pretty! I love your new pendant too, very graceful and elegant.

Scandi, I'm hoping you had a wonderful holiday with your family - your earrings and necklace are stunning!!! :love: :love: :love: Your husband has excellent taste - which isn't surprising, look who he chose for his wife! Love your new shoes too, excellent choice! :clap:

Sharon, I'm so sorry you weren't able to make it to your mother's and I hope you still managed to have a nice holiday with your family, (((hugs)))

My holiday was good, the whole Christmas dinner thing kinda stressed me out, and I was really busy for several days getting ready for it. But everything worked out ok and people seemed to have a nice time. The kids helped out quite a bit. I made one batch of stuffing and it didn't seem to be enough, so my daughter made more, which was great because I think I would have lost my mind if I stayed in that kitchen another second longer lol. I was able to get the table set while she cooked. I guess I don't have the best attitude about entertaining! Martha Stewart I'm not. I went to my friend's house on Tuesday and stayed over, which was fun. We were going to do some kind of day trip but I was still recovering from Christmas so we just stayed in and watched movies ha. I am officially old :cheeky:

Oh, speaking of emails, Marcy and Jimmianne, did you get one from me? I think I sent them about a week ago?

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watched a minimalist movement documentary on Netflix. Inspired me and DH to purge. Feeling better already. Filled up another donation bag.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June,
I did get an email from you - thank you! Yay! our emails work! which is not always the case for some reason.

You are not allowed to be "officially old" haha, but isn't it nice that we can stay home instead of thinking we have to go out and DO something : )

LLJsmom|1483038895|4110431 said:
Watched a minimalist movement documentary on Netflix. Inspired me and DH to purge. Feeling better already. Filled up another donation bag.

what is that documentary??? I need it NOW. I've been cleaning most of the day and boy, did everything need it. That's when it's actually fun to clean.
This is a red-letter-day as this morning I finally caught the mouse who had been living in the TV cabinet for the past umteenth months and eating Puff's food at night. The trick was chocolate almond butter, nothing else worked. Such a relief to have my house back, mouse free. That guy had it made, but he is now living in the feed room at the barn where enough sweet feed gets spilled to make every day a holiday for him.

Beautiful here - warm and windy. Just bizarre, so springlike, but no complaints!
back to work... :wall:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1483031741|4110380 said:
And it hatched! LOL. It is the small things in life that bring us joy. Young or old. :halo:

congratulations on the hatch!!
I hope her baby is doing well : )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, it is rough when the holidays end. I find it hard to get back to routine and going to work after having a nice time with family and friends. I am looking forward to another 4 day weekend. Are you doing anything special for New Year’s Eve? I should work on getting rid of stuff too. That is a great idea!

Missy, everyone should bring as much of their jewelry as they can safely carry. That will keep us busy for quite a while. Marty will try to get far away from our giggling and laughing but he’s pretty tolerant of me and he knows more about bling than he ever wanted to know. Good idea to block going back to work from your mind right now. No sense worrying about things we can’t fix right now, right? Penguins are awesome; I loved the movie Happy Feet. Jewel is precious. Wow to being 30 years old. Great pictures of the penguins, seals, shark, Greg and your niece. It looks like a lot of fun.

June, thank you for your kind words about my NIRDI poem. I enjoyed writing it and it just came out without much effort. I struggle to get starting on something but then it’s usually easy. I am glad you left some of your Christmas dishes for the next day and relaxed in your PJ’s. I was sure wishing I’d taken Tuesday off when my alarm went off the next morning. It’s nice your DH and sweet kids helped you finish up and take care of things. It is a lot of work but those times are good memories. Did your brother end up coming that day? It’s nice you spent a quiet evening with your friend and watched movies. I did not get an email from you last week. Rats. Marty of course thinks I broke something since I am the worst with technology.

Jimmianne, that’s great your caught your little mickey and moved him to more appropriate surroundings. You ladies are inspiring me to clean things out. One bag a week – think of how much I’d accomplish in 3 months. It’s nice you are having decent weather.

I had another busy day at work. We were doing 7 day’s worth of work each day since we had to cover for the holidays. We were done by 3 but my boss didn’t let us go until 4:30, his other 2 teams still had work to do. We worked ahead for next week though.

Marty hadn’t planned on anything for supper so we went out tonight. Both of us has burgers and a glass of wine. He is downstairs now working on his strength workout blog and creating a blog for our astronomy club.

Remember that lady who got moved to my department for 2 weeks then quit? Her husband works at the same place as my friend who I meet for lunch every week. So he goes in and asks my friend today if he can bring her the on-call laptop his wife still has from our company and then she can give it to me. My friend suffers from what Dee Jay calls FOMO (fear of missing out) and she simply can’t say “no”. After my friend sends me an email that she told him yes, I sent a text to that lady and wish her Happy Holidays then say “Just leave the on call laptop at the security gate”. She texts back in about 20 minutes and asks “who is this?” I respond with my name and again tell her to leave the laptop with security. She comes back with “my husband will give it to your friend on Tuesday”. So I respond and say; don’t involve Nicole; just leave the laptop with security. Her response was ‘k whatever”. I saved a screen shot of our exchange. I smell a lawsuit or complaint from this lady anyway and the last thing I want to do is have her do something to the company’s computer and then blame it on my friend or on me. Plus this text is proof she doesn’t listen to or follow directions then gets snippy when she doesn’t get her way.

I told my boss before we left that I’d told her to leave the laptop at security and was kind of surprised they didn’t get it from her before now. He checked and her work laptop was at her old desk but that department had a rotating laptop for whoever was on call and they don’t use it anymore. Apparently they hadn’t realized it was missing.

Have a great evening and tomorrow is Friday and the beginning of my second 4 day weekend.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Rabbits beat Marty to the door after UPS dropped off my camera bag. They think it's their new house. Looks like I could get bit trying to get them out of there.

img_14224.jpg

img_14225.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, here are a few pictures from my parent's cabin. You always talk about your cabin so I had to share these. My parents sold their cabin about 20 years ago. I always loved going up there. The stars were incredible and it was so quiet and peaceful up there.

My dad was in a constant battle with the squirrels up there because he loved having bird feeders for the birds up there but tried to keep the squirrels out of them. That was a losing battle for sure. I had the squirrel picture blown up and framed it for my dad for Father's Day one year. That photo is hanging in our entry way.

Back to finding astronomy pictures for our new blog.

bluebird.jpg

cabchristmas.jpg

squirrelbird.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and Happy New Year's Eve eve!!!!!

Junie, glad you had a good (though exhausting Christmas)! And so glad your DD was a big help. That is what it is all about. Friends and family and just spending time together. And I also don't love entertaining as it is stressful I agree. Glad it all worked out. We are both officially old and I am OK with that. (((HUGS))).

Haha yes Jimmianne, thank you. I am a great auntie now. :cheeky:

Marcy, love the cabin! What wonderful times you must have enjoyed there with your family. Thank you for sharing such a picture perfect place. :love: And the squirrels need to eat too right so it's all OK.

And LOL on the killer rabbits. OMG their teeth are super scary. :errrr: Be careful. :bigsmile:

What a pain that ex employee is and you need to tell your friend that FOMO is just wasted energy. She isn't missing out at all and she needs to stop saying yes to everything. Hope it all works out for you and the laptop.

Good luck in finding astronomy pics for your blog.

LLJsmom, I will check that documentary out. I have seen it on Netflix but I keep (purposefully) passing over it because well I have difficulty with letting things go. Though I did do a great job of giving bags and bags filled with clothes to charity. Good for you for having the willpower to continue your purge.

Jimmianne here is a link. I think this is the one.
http://www.theminimalists.com/netflix/

So we had a stressful (for me) day yesterday. Our car started breaking down and now it is at Meineke and we are stranded at the beach. Seriously worried but Greg says not to worry. Meineke said they are hoping to get the part they need today and hopefully (fingers and toes and everything else crossed) they will get it and fix Loofy today so we can head back to NYC this afternoon. Really hoping it works out because tomorrow and Sunday and Monday everything is CLOSED!!!! And we need to get back to NYC because Greg has a biopsy he needs to get done Tuesday at 8AM and I have lots I need to do as well. OMG. And I don't even want to think about renting a car. With the 4 kitties and all we need to do and being at the beach now well our car breaking down couldn't have happened at a less opportune time if you kwim. Poor Loofy. :cry:

Sigh I have nothing left to report. That was our day yesterday. It wouldn't be so upsetting if NYE and NY day and the next day (also considered a holiday) weren't all starting tomorrow. And people are closing up early today as well. So well as you know these things never happen the way you want them too. LOL.

Oh and I haven't shared this but yes I am having big toe issues. Quite literally (on the big toe) and of course I couldn't find a podiatrist here the last few days I started looking for one and now the holidays are upon us so I am SOL till mid next week. It's like an open sore that won't heal and it has been going on for a full week now. I kept thinking it would get better so that's why I didn't try making an appointment with a doctor before this when it first started yanno. Greg also thought it would just heal but it isn't at all improving. It is hard for me to see it on my big toe and I am relying on Greg.
Trying not to worry about that but I am struggling with the not worrying when there is so much on my mind to be worrying about. What I wish for 2017 is peace and freedom from worry!!!! For me and for all you girls!!!!

What are everyone's NYE plans? Please share and take me out of my stressing and worrying mode pretty please.
Have a good day and I will check back later. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of sunset last night.
In last photo you can see the reflection of our Christmas tree. :))

img_14232.jpg

img_14233.jpg

img_14235.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No time for a propper post but just wanted to say:

Marcy, fantastic poem! Missy, hang in there, fingers crossed for Greg and the car and your toe! CJ, have missed you. Jimmianne, nice purse! And I should clean too.. don't like you for reminding me, lol. Marcy, thank you for the pictures! And Missy, thank you for the pictures too!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy those bunnies look seriously scary! lol

missy I'm so sorry to hear about your car breaking down and your big toe issues. Cars always break down at the worst times, don't they.

I have no plans yet for NYE. It's either go dancing or go to a movie (DH wants to see the latest Star Wars I think it's called Rogue or Force or something like that lol) or stay home. I am not sure how I feel.

I usually have a sad and lonely feeling right at 12 AM. Not always but sometimes. I have a feeling I might have that feeling this year.

There is a LOT I need to change for the coming year. A lot. All of it my own doing. :(sad Changes I know I need to make that I just keep letting time pass by and I do nothing.

scandi I hope you don't get tired of me giving you examples of how you've helped me. But yesterday I went to get my nails done with my usual girl that I love. I mean I really like her. Well, my appointment was at 2:30 and she didn't get around to me until 3. And while I was sitting there she could see me from where she was and all she kept doing was smiling at me which was really fng confusing me as if shouldn't she look worried? lol. I was starting to get really upset. Normally I either 1. fume and look horribly upset (and hate myself afterwards) or 2. act as if it's OK because I don't want to seem not nice especially if I like the person 3. I act somewhere in between - kind of annoyed but don't really say anything. NONE of those ever leave me satisfied. So yesterday I said to myself "you can say anything if you don't make a big deal out of it." So first, I walked up to the front desk and asked if she would be done after that person, because I had a 2:30 P.M. appointment. Mind you the front desk didn't bother apologizing. They just said "oh yeah she knows." When she came up to me at 3 P.M. I said "what happened?" and she explained that they had given her a girl to wax and didn't give her enough time. I said, "oh, ok - well, usually the front desk will at least call me. I was in the middle of doing something I could have kept doing it instead of just sitting here." So I said EXACTLY what I was feeling, in a calm neutral way and it was awesome. I didn't huff and puff and I didn't smile and make believe everything was OK. And she and I were fine. What I didn't have the guts to say - if I'm honest with myself - is "why didn't you text me?" (she has my #). And I should have said the same to the front desk. I'll have to work up to that.

ETA Scandi! You were posting while I was writing the never ending story above ::) I've missed you too and you were on my mind yesterday as you'll see from my post!

I have an appointment to run to so I'll have to be back later.

Hi everyone :wavey:

ETA2: Just noticed tomorrow is my 10 year anniversary on PS! I am so glad I'm here. Love you NIRDIs! :kiss:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, The pictures you posted are beautiful. Fingers crossed everything goes well with getting your car fixed today. Car problems always happen at the worst times. So much more fun to spend money on bling than car repairs. No big plans for New Years Eve but I have to admit I'm looking forward to just going to a nice dinner with my husband. I doubt we will even be awake at midnight. Aren't we exciting!

Marcy, I can't believe your ex employee thought it would be acceptable not to turn the computer in to her past employer in person. People are crazy.

Junie, Completely understand your feelings about entertaining. Someone is always stuck in the kitchen betweeen cooking and clean up. This year for Christmas Eve we all went to a nice restaurant together. It worked out perfectly and everyone got along and had a nice evening.

CJ, I think your problem at the nail salon is a common one. I guit going to a salon I went to for years because they would accept walk ins and on more than a few occasions I had to wait over a half hour. I get that the salon needs to make money but it seemed crazy that a person who has no loyalty to the salon would get preferential treatment to a person who has an appointment and is a regular customer. It wasn't worth it to me to make a big deal out of it but I realized my time is valuable too and changed salons. People make appointments for a reason and it's usually because they don't have time to waste.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone!

Missy, so sorry to hear about the car issue, car problems are such a pain, especially on a holiday weekend! Sending lots of good thoughts that the repair place can fix you car quickly and you guys can get on the road today. And oh no to the sore on your toe, I really hope it starts healing up soon for you. Gorgeous pics of the sunset! :love:

LLJsmom, good for you for making progress on clearing out your house, so much needs to be done around here that I get overwhelmed just thinking about it. I cleaned out the foyer closet recently and ended up with 3 big giant garbage bags filled with junk. I have no idea how all that stuff fit into that closet lol. My husband is cleaning out the office this week while he's off (woo-hoo, what fun) and he's making me feel guilty so I guess I should help, ugh.

Jimmianne, glad to hear you are now mouse free!

Marcy, what a good call in telling the woman to return the computer herself, you're right, you and your friend shouldn't be involved, especially since you don't know what this woman might do in the future. I'll try resending the email, it's very possible I did something wrong lol. I enjoyed seeing the pics of your parents' cabin, such a cute place and really pretty surroundings. Lol to the pic of the squirrel eating the bird food. Those rabbits actually look pretty scary in that pic ha!

CJ, it's great that you were able to communicate how you felt, I need to work on that too, along with other things. Fifty six years old and I'm still a work in progress. I hope you have a very Happy New Year and enjoy whatever you end up doing.

No special plans for NYE, dh and I might go out for an early dinner. I'm not a big fan of NYE to be honest - I have 2 twenty-something kids who insist on going out and dh and I are nervous wrecks until New Years Day when everyone is home safe and sound. Why can't everyone just be old like me and stay home?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I am glad you made it back safely to Brooklyn. Your 2 weeks vacation went way too fast. We did have many wonderful times at my parent’s cabin. I helped them build it when I was in college; that was a long time ago. Definitely the squirrels have to eat too but the squirrel vs my dad and his bird feeders was always entertaining. I keep saying I am going to clean out my camera bag but those pointy teeth look scary. Good point FOMO is wasted energy. Oh no that Loofy broke down. I hate car troubles. I really hate to hear about your toe. I hope you can get in to a doctor soon. Beautiful sunset pictures. What a view.

Scandi, hope you have a nice weekend. I am glad you liked the poem.

CJ, we went to see Rogue One; it was pretty good. I am sorry you sometimes get sad at New Year’s. I find it helps me to focus on working on one small thing at a time so I don’t get overwhelmed. That is pretty rotten you had to wait to get your nails done. I am glad you said something. I had problems with a hairdresser and finally said something to her manager. She was late usually more than an hour every time; not working on someone else just didn’t show up to work on time. I liked how she cut my hair though – darn.

Callie, we are going to dinner tomorrow as well. I will hopefully be asleep by midnight but I doubt it. Yes I agree; some people are crazy. I really like the idea of going out for Christmas dinner but the few times we tried it some people wouldn’t come because they didn’t want to pay for dinner. Darn my stubborn sister.

June, our front closet and utility closet would be a great place for me to start cleaning. I’ve had a Snoopy blanket in the front closet for 2 years. It was a gift and sheds like crazy; I should just throw it out. Thanks for the planting that idea in my head. The mountains and trees by my parent’s cabin was very pretty. I miss going up there. I liked the cabin way better than camping but that is because I am not an outdoors girl. I am with you on staying home on New Year’s Eve.

My feet and knees have been sore all week because of how much I did on Monday so I planned on being a couch potato today and relaxing. That was my plan anyway. Right after breakfast Marty gave me blog lessons for several hours. Then I got paged for work stuff that took me about an hour to finish. I started some laundry and had to go to the grocery store which was crazy busy being a Friday afternoon before a holiday. My ink jet quit working so spent a while trying to fix that. I packed up all my Snoopy village because I don’t want my cleaning lady moving it around tomorrow. I had to meet my nephew and his wife by the interstate to give them someone’s coat who left it here Monday. I packed up the rest of the inside Christmas stuff except for our tree. My lazy days just seem to turn out to be pretty busy.

My SIL is coming back tomorrow and is going to dinner with us. Her date plans must not have worked out for her. We are going to a friend’s house after dinner to play games. Hopefully it is a low-key adventure. The best part is I didn’t strip the bed and wash everything yet – woo hoo score one for procrastinating there. Her towels are all clean.

I found a few astronomy pictures to scan for our blog. That is why I started messing with our ink jet printer today. Marty finally got it working again after resetting it twice.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy NYE!

Marcy, thank you! It is good to be back in NYC and yay for Loofy being fixed.
Darn on getting paged re work yesterday and sorry your lazy day turned into a busy one.
Glad you enjoyed the movie. Enjoy dinner tonight and the games with friends and your SIL's company and a lovely New Year's Eve all around.

And yes occasionally procrastination is a good thing. Score for not already washing her bed linens. ;))

Junie, thank you. I am also not a big fan of NYE. Sorry to be all bah humbug and all and you know, you kids get off my lawn LOL but that is how I feel. I was born old. :lol: Oh how I wish Greg and I could just spend a quiet romantic evening home tonight. Sigh.
Hope your kids have a fun and most importantly safe NYE celebration and arrive home safe and sound and happy. And enjoy a quiet evening with your dh. Sounds like the perfect evening to me.

Callie, thank you. I know you and your dh will enjoy a lovely early NYE dinner and a quiet evening at home. As I wrote to Junie the perfect NYE celebration to be sure.

Jimmianne, glad you are mouse free and can enjoy your lovely home in peace.

Hey there Scandi. Hope all is well by you.

CJ, happy 10 year anniversary on PS! And good for you for standing up and telling the nail salon employee how you feel. Communicating effectively is always a positive thing IMO. Mainly because sharing how you feel helps quiet the brain or at least for me. If I keep how I am feeling in it eats away at me but if I tell the person it allows me to release it. And hopefully it will also improve your client relationship with her and perhaps she will try harder to be on time in the future. And if not you have said your piece and you can move on without guilt. There are many people who can do a lovely job on your nails.

Hey everyone who hasn't posted in the NIRDI thread for a while. I am afraid to name names in case I leave anyone out so I am just wishing all you girls a happy healthy 2017 with love, peace and joy. And sending you all big (((HUGS))). May 2017 be a stellar year in every way. Love you girls. :wavey:

Adding some pics from our arrival home yesterday afternoon.

brooklynskydec30whenwearrivedhome.jpg

fredassumingthebrooklynsnugglingpositionlol.jpg

beabackinbrooklynjewelryboxcathairandalllol.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie enjoy dinner with your DH tonight :))

I have to say that's the first time she's even run that late. When she's late it's 5 or 10 minutes. Still annoying, but minor, since I really like her, and there are times when I'm the one running late too by a few minutes (when I am though I always give her the option to skip something to make up for the time.)

june I say you make your DH feel guilty about something YOU want to do. Just to even out the guilt score. ::)

Enjoy dinner with your DH tonight. I hope it's not too stressful for you guys and I hope the night goes fast for you and that you hear from your kids that they're safe and sound.

And yes I am definitely still a work in progress too.

marcy so that's what it's called lol I have to say at least for me it looks way more interesting than the "regular" Star Wars so I might actually enjoy it. And yes, it's tricky when you like how someone does something for you but there's other things you don't like. That's how I feel about my vet. Love the Dr. hate the office most of the time. But I keep going back because every other vet I've tried around here just doesn't seem as good. Hope you're all caught up with the chores you had to do by now.

missy before I forget, I loved reading about how you came to acquire your kitties. :appl: (or how they came to acquire you lol)

Hi snuggly Fred ::)

Thank you for my anniversary wishes!

And so glad your car is fixed. What are you doing tonight? (you don't seem to be too much looking forward to it.) If I remember correctly your dad put his foot down a few years back so I'm thinking you'll be at your parents' for a little while but then make it back home early. Well, whatever you do, I hope you enjoy and that when you get back you have the most wonderful quiet night with Greg.

And yes I'm glad I said something to the manicurist too. Although I am not sure that I feel that a lot of people can do a good job on nails. Most of the ones I've found do a lazy job of polishing. And they rush through the cuticle clean up, especially on the pedicure. But yes if I had to find someone else I'm sure I eventually would..

On another note...the oddest thing (to me at least) - there's been a couple of times where I bought her a little something - very, very little. Like, I know she likes ginger...so I bought her ginger candies...she never acknowledges the gift (after the initial thank you when I give it to her). This has happened to me with more than one person. They get the gift and they never mention it again - like, thank you for the candy, just had one, it was delicious. Then I have a good friend and I often send little gifts for her kids - like cookies, or a coloring book. She never tells me after that they liked it or anything. I don't "care" in the sense that these are small gifts and I do it because I want to. But I find it so...odd.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Happy New Year’s Eve! Whatever you end up doing tonight I hope you have a nice time and arrive home safely.

Missy, I hope Loofy is all better now. I am not a fan of car problems. I love the pictures of Fred and Bea. Fred is enjoying life and Bea is shining brightly for you. Life is good. How is your toe doing today?

CJ, I did like Rogue One. It is kind of a darker story than other Star Wars but not bad. Your vet sounds like my dentist. I am not a big fan of him but his dental hygienist and the reception are awesome so they are why I keep going back there. Customer service means something.

Not much going on today. We got up early since our cleaning lady was coming at 8 today. After she got here we went to breakfast then went shopping. Our cleaning lady was in a big hurry today – she was done in 3 hours and 10 minutes rather than her usual 4 hours. Interesting.

I got my astronomy blog done and posted. Woo hoo! Now I need to get a Twitter account and I’ll be hip. Bwhahahahahahahahahaha. And technically my blog so far is just a collection of astronomy articles not my own thoughts or words. I’ll see if the club uses it for discussions.

Have a great New Year’s Eve!
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new year girls :appl: let's make it a good one!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope everyone is having a great NYE! Happy New Year to all - Wishing all my wonderful nirdis a happy and healthy 2017!

Jimmianne, congrats on making Jewel of the Week! :appl: Your gorgeous asscher is very deserving of it! :dance:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey:

Good morning 2017! I hope you are going to be a good year!

So - tons and tons of family and food the last week. We never made it to the mountains because of the weather. It was not child friendly. We kept checking the weather report and hoping, but had to give it up in the end. So we vent to the sea instead lol. Just for new years to get our dog away from the worst of the fireworks. A bit here too, but mostly rather distant. So she was more excited than scared I think. Perhaps she thought someone was hunting because she kept asking to go outside to investigate...

20170101_094618.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1483239540|4111242 said:
I hope everyone is having a great NYE! Happy New Year to all - Wishing all my wonderful nirdis a happy and healthy 2017!

Jimmianne, congrats on making Jewel of the Week! :appl: Your gorgeous asscher is very deserving of it! :dance:

June, I just saw that! So nice of PS to choose it. What a fun thing for the first day of the new year.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

500_f_128345076_hqdiomslwxrp2vmzjmslz9jsx8gzedwl__1_.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, what a beautiful "even better than a postcard" photo.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy New Year!

Sending hugs to all of you.

I hope 2017 brings you, your families, and your fur babies good things.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results