shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, we are the nirdis and we are strong. Won't let a little freezing weather stop us. At least not when it comes to bling.
:love: :devil: :halo: :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion but since I don't have one I will just be careful. But even when I was so careful I somehow lost the jewelry box. It disappeared into the Bermuda triangle of bling I guess. I have a few pieces that are there so now they have a pretty jewelry box in purple to hang out in while enjoying the Bermuda Triangle. :lol:

Ok girls, here's a video clip posted on YouTube that my sister said was ok to share since it is on YouTube lol. This is the Polar Bear club run that my sister and nieces and BIL shared in New Year's Day this year, lol I can't even find them though she swears they are in it. Of course I have the photos showing them actually going into the ocean that day but this will have to suffice. :))

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCQalOxIUuw

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Nirdis!

Missy, I'm glad Greg's procedure went well and I'm sending good thoughts about the results, I'm feeling confident everything is going to be fine but as Scandi said, sending good wishes just to make sure. Love the pics of the kitties playing cards with you and Greg, so funny and cute. They don't want to miss a thing, do they? I"m sorry work is so challenging for you this right now, hang in there, I know you'll get the hand of this new system. I'm glad your friend was able to take care of your foot and I'm sending lots of healing dust that the sore clears up soon for you. Love the pics of you on your Alaskan cruise. The Botanical garden is beautiful, how great that you have such a pretty place to visit so close by. Thank you for forwarding your friend's email, there is a lot of good advice there. And yes, I agree, no rush putting away Christmas decorations, especially since I haven't started yet lol. Me and my grand plans ha. Omigosh to your sister and family joining the Polar Bear club! I'll bet they had fun but I could never do it ha. Lol to Francesca being a bed hog, Zoe is the same way! I don't know how such a little cat can take up so much room.

Marcy, sorry to hear you lost an employee so quickly, but I guess it makes sense for your boss to get him, he seems to need the extra help right now. Sounds like you're definitely heading into "snow season", stay safe and warm! Good for you on clearing out a few cabinets, I agree, baby steps and if we do a little at a time eventually it will all be done lol. Too bad Marty didn't take the hint about the Starbucks bear! I was having trouble visualizing trillions shapes in earrings so I googled it and a bunch came up, and I think they look great :dance: ! Here are just a couple of examples. I think I like them better as dangles, but both styles are pretty.

Scandi, a cruise to the Carribbean sounds good to me! I'm sure it would make DD very happy lol. Dh's brother and wife went on a Viking cruise and they said it was fantastic and had a really great time - Although their cruise had to be rescheduled because there wasn't enough water in the Danube to support the ship! I know you must be so anxious to have your house project done soon, I'm sorry to hear about the added expense of the roof and I really hope things start moving more quickly for you. I can't wait to see the results! Glad you are finally getting a little snow, I agree that snow brightens up an otherwise very drab and gray winter day.

Jimmianne, lol to Puff saying get away! thank you for sharing stories about him, he is quite the character and I just love him. Good luck getting ready for your trip, you'll do ok with the weather, and I'm sure you will have a great time.

Hi LLJsmom! I agree, I always feel you're "here" and I hope things are going ok with you and your family.

Ugh, I was determined to get moving a little sooner today, but I ended up having too much fun hanging out with my nirdis. Ok, it's still fairly early so I'm going to get going and get at least a few things done today - have a great day and I'll check in soon!

dyach-sterling-silver-trillion-cut-tanzanite-lever-earrings-l12506106.jpg

il_349.jpg

dyach-10k-rose-gold-trillion-cut-morganite-and-diamond-accent-earrings-pink-womens.jpg

_38807.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Snoopy purse and wallet.

img_14407.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, good deal you got some snow and it’s cold there. We ended up with at least 10” of snow here. Right now it’s -6 degrees F here. Diamonds are not stuff. Good one! I always scrub my new surroundings too. I am glad you have a good view from your office. Smart idea for you and your DH to drive to work together. Marty used to work where I do and I loved having him drive us to work every day especially in bad weather. Of course I taught school then and still had to drive myself on Monday and Wednesday. Marty commented on the ride home tonight that commute wasn’t nearly as nice as his is. Brat! Rats that your parking spot costs so much.

Missy, I am sure your parking spot is pricey too. Sounds like Francesca lets you sleep in her bed. The snow stopped overnight sometime. We got about 10 inches. The sun was out today but it was still very cold. I am sorry to hear you are so stressed and drained right now. I hope your day at work went okay; in a few months using the new system will be routine for you. Boo that snow is heading your way too. This one was a slow moving system getting snow for over 3 days. Good thing it wasn’t heavy snow for that amount of time. I am your friend worked on your toe and I am sending mega dust for it to heal up very soon. The Botanic Garden picture is beautiful. That’s right – live on the edge.

Jimmianne, I am tempted more often than you’d think to stay home on snowy days. But I did go to work today. If you lived in Buffalo (and Colorado) you can handle the cold and snow in NYC. I have faith in you.

June, thanks for the pictures of the trillion earrings. I really wonder if the triangle would look goofy as dangles but they look great in the pictures. I agree the dangles look better than studs. I’ve had trillion shaped rings and never cared for how they looked on my hand. That’s funny that Zoe stretches out in bed. Making herself comfortable.

Too funny we got a Viking Cruise brochure in the mail today.

The solar filter for my camera showed up but I haven’t opened it yet. Not like I’m going outside tomorrow to try it out.

Not much different going on here today. Work, snow, cold.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply Sapphires has a "let's make a deal" going on through today so I made an offer of $100 for 2 6mm trillion yellow sapphires. They can no more than tell me no. :bigsmile:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello again :)

Cold but pretty here today

20170106_085414.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, I love when you update us and hang out with us here. Thank you for taking the time out of your day and joining us and thank you for sharing those pretty trillion earrings. They are lovely. I prefer when the earring drop is right at the lower lobe. Something so delicate and beautiful about that.

Thank you so much for all your good wishes for Greg. I am praying the biopsy is negative and thinking good thoughts and I appreciate you doing the same. Fingers crossed.

Hope the rest of your day went well yesterday. Any weekend plans? Looks like we are getting some snow here but not sure it is headed your way. No matter what stay safe and warm and comfy. And LOL to HRH Zoe hogging the bed too. Hugs to her. I bet she and HRH Francesca would get along pretty well. I am sure there is room for 2 HRHs right? Hahaha.

Marcy, 10" and -6F. Wow. No thanks. Please stay away from us you cold bitter winter weather. Brrrrrr.
Oh and yes our parking spot is very pricey. $500 a month to park in our building for one car. That is pricey for me. And when I think of all the years we have paid this and will likely continue to pay this (and each year it goes up of course) well that is one beautiful OEC I could have gotten yanno? ;( The price of living here.

Love your Snoopy purse and wallet. That is terrific and fun. :appl:
Please take your new camera outside and take some fabulous snowy pics for us. That would be a great way to break your camera in properly. With a Wyoming winter. :sun:

LOL you got a Viking cruise brochure in the mail yesterday. Too funny.
Work cold snow repeat. :lol: Please Spring come our way with your pretty flowers and green grass and sunny longer days. Though I don't mind winter if it doesn't last too long I am ready for Spring. :bigsmile:

Scandi, lovely photo and I will check out your link later. Have a good day. I hope it gets less crazy for you at work soon.

Work was sort of a disaster yesterday. It's not that I don't have the hang of the EHR it's just so many other factors. Basically this new (to us) EHR system is not set up for eye care providers to prescribe meds. I mean really? So that is one bug in the system they need to work out. And secondly we don't know how to bill properly under this new category. So I am trying to find this out. Not easy and not transparent. But sort of critical.

And my template needs work but no one knows how to make changes and they are not paying any of the EHR personnel to come back to help us. I had her help for about 2 hours (max) total the first day we started using the system back in December and then of course I was on vacation for 2 weeks (last 2 weeks of December so not an unusual time to be off right?) and when I got back there was no one who knew anything. And now that I am getting to know the system better I see I need changes but they just cannot be made.

Grrrr frustrating and well given that I still don't know if they are going to be able to transfer all the previous eye exams to this new EHR system there sure are a lot of unknowns. And if they cannot transfer the previous eye records then all the rest of this angst is for naught because I will NOT be staying. I don't know how they expect us to do the best we can for our patients under these circumstances and while I am willing to put in all the energy and effort I can it will be for naught if they cannot do what they promised on their end.

So I am still taking a leap of faith till next month when we no longer have the old EHR system still available to us to get all the old records because right now I just open up the old EHR next to the new EHR and read the old records before seeing each patient. Next month the clinic is not paying for that access to the old EHR so how are we going to access the records? NO CLUE. ::)

I don't think I mentioned I bought yet another pair of boots. But not SW this time. I bought my first pair of UGGs. LOL I never thought I would get UGGs but these are cute (to me) and waterproof too! I am still waiting for their delivery however and hope they get here soon.
There is snow on the ground right now so c'mon and get here you UGGs you. Of course I have many waterproof boots and my Aquatalias are one of my faves so they will have to do until the UGGs get here. Just hope they are comfie when they arrive so I can keep my first pair of UGGs. I know I am a decade or 2 (plus) late but hey better than never right? I hate to be trendy yanno so couldn't get a pair till they were less popular. :cheeky:

Have a good Friday girls! Woohoo it is Friday! :appl: :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1483670571|4112837 said:
Simply Sapphires has a "let's make a deal" going on through today so I made an offer of $100 for 2 6mm trillion yellow sapphires. They can no more than tell me no. :bigsmile:

a woman after my own heart : )

long story:
I tried to find new boots for my trip, but nothing was good. I loved the Frye boots I found, but they need breaking in, so NOT a good choice for walking in NYC! Anyway, to make a long story even longer, I absolutely adore my well-loved Ivanka Trump boots --- glad I bought them a couple of years before the election, still I almost tossed them after the election.
BUT They fit my skinny calves and I can walk all day in them. So on a whim I looked on eBay and found a pair - new! - in my size so I made a total low-ball offer [$40] and they said yes. This is the way I live to shop. [Freudian slip, I meant love to shop] LOL
I hope they say yes to you, Marcy.

Meanwhile I spent the morning looking at youTube videos of the diamond district. Wow. These shop windows. :love: :love: :love: I saw an interview with David [Diamonds by Lauren] and an IDJ video. Fun!

Supposed to get snow tomorrow and then 1 degree on Monday night.

Goodmorning Missy : )
oh man, what was I thinking! UGGs are what's needed, not dress boots :wall: :errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM Jimmianne! :wavey:

Woohoo to your new boots Jimmianne! Here is a pic of the UGGs I ordered. Maybe I will wear them when you visit? Actually hoping we don't need them when you visit! :halo:

uggadirondack2.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1483704043|4112899 said:
GM Jimmianne! :wavey:

Woohoo to your new boots Jimmianne! Here is a pic of the UGGs I ordered. Maybe I will wear them when you visit? Actually hoping we don't need them when you visit! :halo:
I'll bring my sketchers
download_5.jpg

but need to buy winter_hats_with_ear_flaps.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha love the hat. Well I will give you a forecast closer to the date OK so you can be prepared. Fingers crossed it will be acceptable weather. That is not bitterly cold and hoping we have no snow and no rain. Fingers crossed. Cannot let any snow, rain, wind or cold slow us down on our bling mission. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha that works!

This is my must have winter accessory. I have a lot of these as after one use they must go into the wash. But if the weather is windy and cold this is what I will be wearing. Hope you won't be too embarrassed but it is a matter of survival for me. ::)

facemask.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1483704935|4112903 said:
Hahaha that works!

This is my must have winter accessory. I have a lot of these as after one use they must go into the wash. But if the weather is windy and cold this is what I will be wearing. Hope you won't be too embarrassed but it is a matter of survival for me. ::)

I remember these from your bike-riding last year : )
Perfect for the diamond district! :naughty:
[just kidding, diamond district!]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1483705730|4112905 said:
missy|1483704935|4112903 said:
Hahaha that works!

I remember these from your bike-riding last year : )
Perfect for the diamond district! :naughty:
[just kidding, diamond district!]

Hahaha they won't let me in if I look like the masked bandit oh no! ;(

:lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good afternoon ladies :wavey:

I try again.. let's see how far I can get before anyone calls or comes barging in.. LOL

Missy, I have that kind of UGGs. They are very comfy on my feet at least :) Your parking space is about as expensive as ours, it just feels like such a waste of money :shock: :lol: I say the same - for all the money we save on not having a house in the city centre (which would be crazy expensive with a big house with a garden which is what I "need".. :lol: ), we can have tons of parking spaces and take a taxi home tons of times :lol: :lol: So proud of you for buying UGGs instead of SW, lol. Hope they fit you the right way. Always so tricky to buy brands that you have not used before, at least to me. Your work sounds even more frustrating than mine this week. I'm trying to learn pigs how to fly and convince people that dragons make good pets. At least that is what it feels like :lol: :lol:

Brrrrr to swimming at this time of year. I was stupid enough to go swimming when the ice was floating in the water once.. Some of the guys said I was chicken.. and I'm really bad at saying no to a challenge. Oh my that was cold! Never again :)

Jimmianne, you really are a shopping goddess :) I have given up the "stylish and warm" category, and usually go for either or :lol: My tall lace-up insulated Timberlands are my favourite for casual days off work, but maybe not for the diamond district :lol: Could not find a picture, but they look like the standard timberland shoes, just tall :) Hope you will have a fantastic trip! You so deserve it! But I am kind of envious... lol! Re skiing: I do get to do a ton of cross-country skiing as soon as the snow comes! :)

We have really good tracks just 2 minutes from our house, so we just make our own from the door to the real ones :) And it is quite a lot of up-hill the first miles, so not a lot of people there! To me, that is perfect!! I get a good exercise from even short trips, and not anyone to get annoyed at furbaby, and she can run free and just have fun :) After helping pulling me up the hills first, off course... :lol: I often keep her on a leash, because the snow can get a bit deep, so if she finds a bird it can be a bit hard to get to her (have to say "yes" to make her go forward and make the bird fly - she can (as she should!) stand there for hours looking at it.. ) But when we are going down again, I let her race with me - yelling "first to the house" and off we go :cheeky:

Marcy, that *is* cold! Brrrr... About 0F here today, cold enough.. I do like the cold and crisp air, especially when its sunny and the air is dry. But in the morning when I'm sleepy... not so much! LOL. LOVE LOVE LOVE your new purse and wallet! Snoooooops :love: Did you get the sapphires? Fingers crossed! LOL to Marty!

June, bling pictures :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm hopeless.. :lol: I have some friends who are on holiday in the Caribbean right now. They keep sending me pictures. Not very nice of them.. :lol: Too funny that all our animals take most of the bed! My girl does the same. She will come sneaking during the night (she is not allowed in bed, strictly speaking.. ) and when I wake up I feel like I'm sleeping in a straitjacket between her and DH..

Gotta go! Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi! I am sorry work has been challenging for you too this week. And LOL re your analogy teaching pigs to fly. Yes exactly. I told my colleague that it is disappointing that everyone is not as conscientious as we are or motivated to do their jobs to the best of their abilities. I refuse to think they are incapable rather they are lazy above all else. IMO that is. And that makes it doubly frustrating as it is one thing not to have the ability to do the job properly and quite another just not to want to put in the effort and energy. :!:

I own a few pairs of Timberlands too and they are pretty comfie and stylish enough for me. And I quite agree with you. Function and comfort over form and style but of course I love when they all meet in harmony. I have my black pair of Tims at the beach and my brown pair is here plus I have Cole Haan OTK waterproof boots as well as a couple of Aquatalia waterproof boots but I felt the need for another waterproof boot. What can I say. I am doing what I can for the economy. Just a shame I cannot do more i.e. buy big diamonds whenever my heart desires them...because I really enjoy helping our economy. I am a good citizen :halo: (and am only limited by my lack of a money tree). :((

And speaking of fur babies LOL they really are too adorable and funny. Here's the best I could do re pics of her hogging my spot in bed. I have to ask Greg one day to sneak up on Francesca and me while we are sleeping and get a photo because only then can you really see what I am dealing with re her hogging the bed. :lol: I know that doesn't look too bad but that is exactly where I sleep! :snooty:

Adding more pics. From just now. It is not only HRH that is a bed hog.
And yes I am being super lazy this AM!!! :lol: Hey it is only fair. Lazy people at work yesterday makes me feel super lazy this AM. I am emotionally drained from the workweek. :snore:

I am having trouble getting motivated this AM to start my workout. Must get moving. See you later. :wavey:

_38817.jpg

heymoveoveriamtheprincesshrhyouknowharummph.jpg

hrhnappingeversosnugglyandwarmandcomfie.jpg

bobbystretchingouttoonoroomforanyhumanstoobadsosad.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK LOL I swear I was getting ready to workout and I walk into the library and who do I see hogging my Pilates Reformer? Yes that's right. Fred the cow kitty already taking up the space on my reformer. First my bed is overtaken with kitties and now my workout equipment. Well Fred had a thing or 2 to say to me and basically he roared at me to get going! SO I am getting going with the workout. Right after I post these photos that is. :cheeky:

Oh and do you see the dust on the seat of the Reformer where dear Fred is hanging out I mean working out? I swear we have so much kitty dust here. We just had the cleaning crew here yesterday AM and already the cats have shared more cat hair and dust everywhere. Oh joy. Luckily I love cat hair and kitty dust. Adds to the character of our home. 8)

fredroaringtogetmegoingreworkout.jpg

freddoinghispilatesnotworkout.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi missy (and others),

I haven't been here regularly in quite a few years, but I love the hangout section of PS. I noticed that this thread is years old and thousands of posts long - I tried to start reading it all, but realized it would take me forever to get caught up. Can someone summarize the thread for me? Aka, what made it stay around for years? Just curious :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Violet and welcome. This thread was started by Missy who had a serious ankle injury a few years ago. A few of us posted in daily to check on her and offer any support we could as it was a very difficult isolating time in her life. It turned out being a huge blessing to many of us as we became very close friends. People say women can get thru anything if they have a good close group of girlfriends. I always found that to be true but this group has only reinforced that saying for me. We basically post about what we are dealing with and let me tell you if you read thru the thread you will see no one escapes having problems in their life. I so wish you had posted here last year. We could have been a great source of support for you. I'm so sorry for your losses honey. Your post about your year brought tears to my eyes. I'm sure the other girls with chime in too. They are much better writers than I am and will probably give you a better understanding of this thread. Welcome Sweetie!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Violet and welcome. :wavey:

Callie said it perfectly. We come here to share the happy and sad in our life and we keep coming for the comfort, support and true friendship. These girls saved me during the most challenging year of my life and have become close friends. We are all here for each other any way we can be. Even if it is just to listen.

I am so sorry for your devastating losses last year and if you feel like hanging out with us we are here for you too.
(((HUGS))).

The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.

Hubert H. Humphrey

“Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief”

― Marcus Tullius Cicero

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - those cats.....

One look at them and I know I need a vacation. Eom. :lol:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an awesome idea :love: . I sincerely wish I had known that this thread existed last year, although truth be told, the majority of my deaths/funerals were at the middle of August, so not all that long ago. I could certainly use some sharing with others, as this has been a truly lonely process for me - no one knows what to say to me, and most people have kind of settled at an arms length away from me because of this. Honestly, I completely understand and I wouldn't know what to say to me either.

For anyone who doesn't know my story or didn't see my other thread, I'll link it here, so you can see puppy pictures and the only happy part of 2016 for me:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-year-of-loss-and-a-new-puppy.227851/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-year-of-loss-and-a-new-puppy.227851/[/URL]

Basically, in 4 moths time I lost my mother very suddenly, and both of her parents (who I adored) at 92 and 93 years old, and then my beloved dog four days after the last funeral was over. The deaths of my mom, my grandfather, and my dog were each two weeks apart, basically to the day. To say surviving all of this was a struggle is putting it mildly, and I think I'm still somewhat in shock.

Thank you for inviting me to participate here - I've only been back on here for a few days, but I used to be very active from 2008-2011. I really forgot how much I enjoyed reading and sharing on here. I'm grateful I found this thread and I look forward to reading your shares; I'll be putting this on my gratitude list today.

Violet

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violet I'm so sorry for everything you've been and are still going through. You are welcome here. Take what you need. Unload what you don't. ((((hug))))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violet, I'm glad you are here and posting. All those losses at once really wreaks on life & peace of mind. I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you.
This thread is a great place to hang out! I was smiling when you said something about reading from the beginning. Oh horrors. I am capable of going back maybe 5 posts...the rest is a blur.
Well, as they say Be Here Now!

...and keep warm too LOL
What part of the world are you in?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, beautiful sun picture. I hate when people interrupt me at work too; seems to be normal though. Sorry your parking space is so expensive; at least you are driving around in your own car instead of a taxi. That’s worth something. Funny you mentioned Timberlands boots you love so much. Marty wore his until they were coming apart; he finally found another pair that were similar (Timberland) but they were never very comfortable. We had nice blue skies going to work this morning but the trees were still snow covered since it’s so cold. I was setting there thinking it’s so pretty this morning and Marty said “it’s really pretty this morning”. The sun hadn’t been up very long so the western sky had a tinge of magenta still. Very nice.

Missy, I hope the snow and cold weakens by the time it gets to you neck of the woods. I am sure parking your car is a necessity where you live so that money is probably worth it. I do get that saving that money for a diamond would add up fast though. I’ll actually be home tomorrow during daylight so maybe I can get some snow pictures with my new camera. I want to try out the solar filter too. You’ll get spring earlier than we will and it’s not that far off. I am still shaking my head at the logic of losing access to the old records of your clients. That sure doesn’t make sense to me. I don’t have any UGG’s but I know many people who love them. How is your toe doing today? I love your kitty pictures but Fred roaring is the best; that is really funny.

Jimmianne, I know – how cool is that to play let’s make a deal on some sapphires? They countered my $100 offer with $130 so I accepted. I paid him tonight through PayPal and he said he would get them ready to ship tomorrow. I even found the style I am going to have them made; it’s similar to one of the pictures June posted but the accent diamond looks a little larger. You got a good deal on those boots. I am glad you like them and they are comfortable. I bet you are anxious for your trip. I am anxious for you to go anyway. Oh no the cold and snow is coming your way.

Jimmianne and Missy, you guys are coming up with some serious cold weather gear. You’ll be ready to come to Wyoming.

Violet, I am so sorry for your losses. I started checking in to see how Missy was doing and tried to cheer her up. Pretty soon we all started sharing our trials, triumphs, joys and sorrows and ended up becoming friends. These ladies helped me dig myself out of the darkest hole of my life; I wish I’d found them a few years earlier.

Hi LLJsmom :wavey:

Thank you for the compliments on my Snoopy purse. I am enjoying it.

I am quite anxious for my yellow sapphires to arrive. I think I got a good deal on them.

Violet made me wonder how long it would take to read through this entire thread? I’ve done that with some of the sticky SMTB threads but only to look at pictures not read them. That would be a chore!
It was -12 in the truck on the way to work today with wind chill down to -39. Tomorrow we might see 20 in the middle of the day.

I made myself a homemade pizza for supper and Marty had fish and rice.

Marty is getting a cold and his voice gets really deep when he has a cold. I keep asking him to say “This is CNN” but he won’t. Darn it.

We have my office holiday party this weekend and I want to take down the Christmas tree. My big goal for the weekend is to be warm.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

screen_shot_2017-01-06_at_0.png

screen_shot_2017-01-06_at_2.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1483667202|4112822 said:
My Snoopy purse and wallet.
-
Very nice! and the stars are perfect. I think this is the best Snoopy pattern to date.

Woke to an ice storm. Try to get dogs to go out in THAT!

The most exciting thing - I saw a huge white owl fly over the house yesterday. I grabbed my binoculars and hurried into my winter coat and went out on the field. I could see that my young friends had stopped their truck in the driveway. Turns out the owl landed on a fence post next to their truck and they were taking a video. Gorgeous bird. It flew off and just at the moment, the snow started. It flew past me and I was able to see it very closely. Magical.

I know I should start cooking now in case the power goes out : (
I went to the store early morning yesterday and I was quite surprised that many shelves were bare and that the place was mobbed.
I bought cans of chef boyardee, two bags of chocolate cranberry granola, vinegar chips and soda just in case extreme food is needed. ha. my excuse to eat junk food. Meanwhile, I'll be grinding steaks for my chili, since all the ground meats had sold out. Good chili is good cold too, so I won't starve.

Missy, what's your weather like this morning?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Violet, I am so sorry for all your loss last year and all the sadness and death you experienced. There is nothing harder than losing a loved one who is so dear to you and losing so many loved ones who were so close to you- I am so so sorry. My heart goes out to you and I am keeping you in my thoughts. We are here to listen and support you in any way we can and hope that 2017 brings you much happiness, love, health, peace and bling of course! (((HUGS))) and welcome to the NIRDI thread!

Jimmianne, OMG I think we might be getting lots of snow today! OY. But fingers crossed next week will be calm and sunny for your visit! :pray: In any case we will have diamonds to keep us warm. 8) :bigsmile:
Be safe in your ice storm please!

Wow how beautiful that white owl was. That is magical. I hope you won't lose power honey and am sending good thoughts your way. Power stay on please for our Jimmianne. And I am glad no matter what you won't starve! Of course feel free to come here sooner and then I will just have to take the days off work. Huge sacrifice :lol: but I am willing to do it for you. :halo:

LLJsmom, come take your vacation here again pretty please! We have bling shopping to do yanno... :naughty: And as for the kitties well yes they enjoy the life of Riley and I quite agree with your earlier text. Me too! :halo:

Marcy, yay I hope you get to try out your camera and the new filter and you take beautiful photos so looking forward to that for sure. And I am also excited for you to receive your new bling purchase and I think you got a great deal on that too! Hoping it is as beautiful as you want it to be! Thanks for asking about my toe. The skin split again and I called my friend D the podiatrist and she said I have strange skin reactions and she has no clue why that happened but to soak with Epsom salt instead of Hibiclens. I don't know if I should do that because the Hibiclens will keep it from getting infected (that is my hope anyway!) while the Epsom salt won't but she said don't do both and do the Epsom to encourage it to close. That doesn't sound quite right to me but I am not a podiatrist...

Have fun at your Christmas office party this weekend Marcy and I hope Marty feels better soon. Ask him to say CNN and record it so you can keep playing it back. :lol:

As for your question how long to read through this thread well I don't have any clue. When I was feeling particularly depressed a few months ago I started reading the first few pages and it cheered me up but also made me tear up remembering those days and what I went through. But mainly it cheered me up by how many of you were there for me helping me cope and manage during those dark days. I haven't read through it though and didn't get past the first 20 pages but I imagine if I wanted to read through it (and maybe one day I will) it wouldn't take too long because I mean we all have read books over 300 pages right? How long does that take? It depends on the book that is. If it is interesting it goes fast and if it is dull (which I think for most people reading through this thread would be very dull!) you don't want to get through it. So yeah I don't think anyone should try reading through the thread since for most it is deadly dull. Though there are some cool pics and poems even if I do say so myself. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I did some research this AM and it looks like my clinic might not be under any legal obligation to make the past eye EHR or other past eye records available to us though if we were to get sued then they would have to find those past records. However for the patients current care there is no obligation to make prior records available to us at the time of their visit. Yeah that makes so much sense right? Talk about backwards logic. For continuity of care and best patient care we need to have prior records but there appears to be no legal requirement to have those records available to us. However, should we get sued, well then those records have to be available. When it is too late for the patient's best care. Does that make any sense? No it doesn't. :sick:

So now it is up to the FQHC I work for to want to provide those records for us as they are under no legal obligation. If I did my research correctly. Greg thinks I need to put something in writing to them in any case even if I end up leaving stating how critical it is for the patient's best care to have those prior eye records so I will do that.

Big ((((HUGS)))) to all of you and I hope you have a magical day even if you don't see any white owls. Stay safe and warm and hope the power and internet stays on for all :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Early Saturday morning orchestra practice. Big concert tomorrow. :appl:

earlyampractice.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results