shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning! I am glad to report the sun is shining here. It's going to reach 28 degrees today. Wow!

Here are the 2 glass ornaments I picked from my parent's Christmas ornaments. I always remember them on their tree.

img_14428.jpg

img_14429.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the snow looking off my front porch.

img_14430.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Are you going to the concert tomorrow? I remember going to my nieces and nephews school programs when they were small.

Jimmianne, Are you getting snow? If you need driving in snow tips, Missy, Marcy, Junie and i are always here for you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And last but not least my new dangle earrings I got for Christmas. They are tri gold.

_38824.jpg

_38825.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs! I hope you are all safe and warm today.

Jimmianne, oh no to waking up to an ice storm. Those are so awful and yes I’d be worried about the power going out today or tomorrow. Seeing that magnificent owl is very cool. It sounds like he brought the snow in with him. Glad you stocked up on some food; I really like ground sirloin but you can’t get it in the stores anymore. They told me people won’t pay the price for it for a hamburger. I should get the attachment for my mixer and grind my own. Thanks for the idea! Chili will be perfect for today. Too funny about buying some snacks. Have you seen the commercial where some mom is picking up soup for her kids while they are announcing a warning about an incoming snowstorm so she picks up a bottle of wine as she walks by the wine rack? I think that is kind of funny. I am thrilled with my Snoopy purse and wallet. Snoopy and stars; is that me or what?

Missy, 8” is a lot of snow. Your pictures are so pretty of the distance. I’ll have to get a city scape shot to post sometime. You’ll laugh for sure. What a difference between a big city and a small town. Oh no that your toe split open. I am a fan of Epsom salt but I have no idea if it would give you an infection. I actually had an infected blister one time and they had me soak it in Epsom salt to pull the junk out. Good idea to get Marty to say “This is CNN” and record it. Maybe I should try to fill him with alcohol today so I can get him to say it. I bet it would take a really long time to read through the thread. Yes, there are some wonderful poems in this thread; thanks to you! I have often thought of going back through the other thread I post on all the time and read about my parents; it was kind of like a daily blog for me but I don’t think I could take it yet. Our joys and heartaches are out there in cyberspace for ours or anyone else’s reading pleasure. I do agree not having access to your patient’s records is a liability for you and determent to the patient. The first thing a new doctor asks is for access to your previous records (in pertinent areas of course). I think Greg’s idea of submitting something in writing about your concerns is a good idea. I’ve been named (along with my boss and my company) in a few law suits and I know you can’t cya enough these days. Your niece is adorable practicing for her concert.

LLJsmom, sorry if I forgot if I knew - but where are you going on vacation? I hope you have a wonderful time.

Callie, I am sure you have many cherished memories of your nieces and nephews concerts. I always enjoyed my niece’s concerts. We drove out to a little country school for them twice a year; they were always pretty special to me. I’d be glad to give winter driving tips – and I’d start with don’t drive fast like Marty.

I did try the solar filter – obviously, I’ll need to figure out how to take pictures with it. It reflects multiple images of the Sun. That may be unavoidable but I’ll do some research. Holding the filter up you can see the Sun naked eye though.

I decided I was done with going out in the cold for the week so we aren’t going to the party tonight. Marty was a little sad that I decided not to go because he cancelled poker for tonight. The longer he is away from my company the more awkward it is for him to go to our party anyway. We are going to watch a movie and have popcorn instead. That sounds like way more fun to me. Plus, if I get cold that fireplace is getting cranked on.

We are going to have tenderloins, salad and baked potatoes for dinner today. I think I’ll cook a roast in the crock pot tomorrow. I want to avoid dishes as much as I can; I have a horrible split on one of my knuckles from dry skin and every time I do dishes it cracks open again. Last night I realized what a dork I am with something as simple as a bandage. The only water proof bandages I can find that work for me are Nexcare 360. I had several years where I was always cutting myself with a knife and had to keep those cuts away from water for a few days. I have boxes and boxes of different waterproof bandages from trying to find ones that stay on. These Nexcare work great but I always mangle them getting them on because they are “stuck” to the wrapper then have a thin edge to pull off on the other side. I kept thinking these bandages must be old since they are stuck to the wrapper. I finally noticed the directions – that is by intent; you pull them off the wrapper, put them on then then pull off the little white wrapper. Worked like a charm. Go figure.

Okay, I must do something constructive!

Laters,
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, so sorry about the work issues, especially not having access to prior records, it makes no sense to me. I really like the Uggs you ordered, they look warm but cute lol. The mask is great, I could use one of those myself, I usually end up wrapping a scarf around my face and it keeps falling down ha. Love the pics of the sleeping kitties, and of Fred working out - he shouldn't overdo it like that lol. Sorry your toe is still giving you trouble, I hope it starts healing soon. Your niece looks so sweet in the pic, I hope the concert goes well for her.

Marcy, your new purse and wallet are great, I love the Snoopy/ stars pattern, it's perfect for you! The sapphires you chose look really pretty and I hope you love them. I love the setting, The accent diamonds really add to the design. Lol to getting a Viking cruise brochure! The ornaments you chose are so pretty, how nice to have them, and the memories that are attached to them. Your new earrings are beautiful, I love them! They look great on you, they are the perfect length. Skipping the party was a great idea, staying in and relaxing (and avoiding the cold) sounds much better. So sorry about your cracked skin, that happens to me too and it is SO annoying. Lol to thinking the bandages were old! I'm glad you finally figured it out! - and good to know they work well, I'll have to get some.

Jimmianne, hope you make out ok during this bad weather and you don't lose power. Stay safe and warm. I love the menu you have planned for the next few days lol. I have the boots you posted ha! How great that you had the chance to see a white owl up close, it must have been amazing.

Scandi, beautiful pic, gorgeous colors! My friend is on a Carribean cruise too and keeps posting pics on Facebook! So cruel :cheeky:

Violet, I am so very sorry for all the losses you've experienced this past year and I wish you peace and comfort as you work through your grief. This is a great place for support, comfort and companionship and I hope you join in! I lost my mother in September and this thread has helped me through some rough times.

Have a good night everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, how did the rest of your day go? I don't love ice storms and hope all stayed calm with power the whole time.

Junie, how did you fare yesterday? You got similar totals to us I think but not sure about the beach. We were supposed to get more snow there yesterday. I hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend.

Marcy, have you tried the liquid bandages for your finger? I love them and use them all the time since I am always getting cuts on my hands and have to wash them often i.e. b/w every patient and well I just wash them a lot in general. Helps keep the germs at bay and it works pretty well. Keep the hands clean and you will avoid many viruses you wouldn't otherwise be able to avoid. So the liquid bandage is the only tool that will allow me to wash and wash my hands and still keep on protecting my cuts.

http://www.target.com/p/new-skin-antiseptic-liquid-bandage-1-oz/-/A-11053395?sid=1401S&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Health+Beauty+Shopping_Brand&adgroup=SC_Health+Beauty&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9004349&gclid=CjwKEAiA48fDBRDJ24_imejhwUkSJAAr0M5koInT4rLX0Aus0F8NtYtPZRGAT3XiYApM-mgeN9gvyhoCuh7w_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Skipping the party last night was smart especially if you didn't want to go. I am a big fan of doing what you want to do and not doing something because you feel obligated. With a few exceptions of course. No thank you is powerful and yes is overrated.
Movies and popcorn at home sound wonderful. What movie did you end up watching last night?

Your new tri color gold dangle earrings are beautiful. They look great on your ears and go wonderfully with your hair and complexion too. :love: That is a pair I see you enjoying and wearing often. Those are beautiful Christmas ornaments from your parents and I am glad you can cherish those happy memories. How pretty the pristine snow picture from your front porch is. Serene and untouched. Love snow when it is like that.

Is it short and sandal weather by you yet? :bigsmile:

Hey there Callie! LOVE your new purchase and I don't think you made a mistake. :love: And it is not an irrevocable one even if you decide against keeping it. Today is a crazy day for us. Lots to do and just hoping we get to fill those feral cat feeders and that the roads aren't too icy going to the beach this early AM. Will keep you posted.

We went for a lovely walk yesterday and visited the rescue kitties in our neighborhood who are looking for loving homes and I always end up wanting to take all of them home. One of them so sweet and vocal (Dynamic something don't remember her full name but it was a mouthful) and she kept wanting attention and my heart just melted. And then there was a brother and sister duo called Caramel and Vanilla and they were adorable. Why can't I adopt them all??? Is it bad to be a cat lady? :blackeye:

Sharing 2 pics. One from yesterday afternoon and then one from earlier this AM. The one from yesterday looks like a black and white photo but I took it with my iPhone and this is how it turned out. Gotta love the starkness of winter. And then in contrast look at the pretty January sky from this morning before sunrise. Beautiful colors. Love both the black and white of winter and the colors of winter too. It is a nice contrast.

Have a good day girls! :wavey:

januarysnow.jpg

januarymorningskybrooklyn.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, June and Missy!
Snowed in - well, iced in. The main road is a sheet of ice.[as you can see below, the driveway is nicely covered with snow]. Hopefully other souls will travel it and wear it down to the pavement. Otherwise, below freezing until Wednesday. Power is on and I did something new this year - left the hot water dripping at the barn and so the faucet didn't freeze. Everyone has warm water this morning.

Here are a couple of "animals in coats" photos. The little mule/horse cross was left on the property when I bought the land. She walks on three legs and is actually very fast : )
and, of course, Issy, who really doesn't need a coat with all that fur.
Puff stayed in the house LOL
img_8459.jpg
img_8456.jpg

Missy, be careful going to the beach. I too wish you could adopt all the cats you fall in love with!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Jimmianne! I'm so in love with Issy and Pom and Puff and all your sweet babies. :love:
Thank you for sharing these photos. Gorgeous.
And so relieved you have hot water and electricity and internet. :appl:

Ok here's a couple of photos from just now. My niece is getting ready for the concert. lol I'm nervous for her but I don't even think she's nervous.

img_14451.jpg

img_14452.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, lovely pics of the snow from your apartment! I love this thread, gives me a chance to experience seeing things in different places - even Scandinavia and France! So fun. Your niece is so sweet, and good for her for not being nervous! She will be relaxed and enjoy the experience of performing in the concert. Take care going to the beach house today, I hope the roads are ok. I would think the highways will be clear. We got about 3 inches. My son had to drive into Philadelphia last night to do a show, and dh and I were nervous about it but he made out ok. He said the worst part was finding a parking spot because nobody was going anywhere lol!

Jimmianne, love your animals in their coats! :love: Very stylish! :appl: Issy is so so sweet, and your little horse is adorable! Puff was very wise to stay inside. I'm really glad you didn't lose power, but sorry you're iced in and I hope it warms up soon for all of us so some of this darn stuff starts to melt.

Snapped a few bling shots the other day, I might try to take a few pics in the snow too - a few PS'ers did that and the snow made a nice backdrop!

img_14453.jpg

img_14454.jpg

img_14455.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at that smile...a born performer!

June, what beautiful bling and hands. That ring looks so good and so right on you.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Is it cold enough for you?

June, I am glad you posted some pictures of your beautiful new ring. I love it; it looks very classy and elegant on your hand. I am anxious to see my sapphires. I ordered some from that place years ago but that was before I became more familiar with what a good sapphire looked like. The pictures look good anyway. I agree that little diamond accent really adds to the earrings I want to get made and I think they soften the triangle shape. I know I’ll enjoy having those ornaments. I always remember that little drum on our tree growing up; I don’t know why. That bell was an ornament my mom always put facing her chair. Funny the things we remember. Sorry you have problems with dry skin too; those Nexcare bandages stay on me about 24 hours before I have to replace them. Some bandages come off in just one hand washing. Glad to hear you didn’t get a lot of snow; and good deal your son made it to Philadelphia okay.

Missy, I am glad the snow wasn’t too bad so you guys could get to the beach house. No, it’s not bad to be a cat lady; I can see you at the rescue shelter wanting to take them all home with you. Great pictures from your walk yesterday and the sunrise this morning. I have not tried the liquid bandages; I should pick some up. We watched Lone Survivor. It was one of the movies we bought in 4K. About 2 minutes in to the movie I said we’ve seen this. It is based on a true story of some Navy seals that came under attack in Afghanistan and only one guy survived. It was good but intense. During one spot, I was hiding my face behind one of my bears. Your niece is so cute; and good for her she isn’t nervous.

Jimmianne, sorry you are iced in; be careful! Good plan to leave the water dripping in the barn. We had to do that in the bathroom at our first place; because that sink always froze when it was cold. If we left it running a little bit, then it was fine. Love the coats for Issy and your horse. It is amazing how animals adapt to what they have; very cool she can move fast. I would think it’s too cold outside for Puff. I am relieved your electricity is still on.

I watched Bright Lights this morning. It was interesting. I didn’t know much about Todd Fisher; he seems like a nice man. Debbie Reynolds was a nice and classy lady and it was touching how close she and Carrie Fisher were in recent years. It was intriguing to be on the outside looking in on their lives. I did enjoy watching it. I watched Carrie Fisher’s Wishful Drinking this past week.

Not much going on here today. I got up at 7 and started a roast in the crock pot. We are having mashed potatoes and veggies with it for supper.

I am working on laundry, went to mail a few things (without hitting a curb by the way) and I’ve been working on a program for our astronomy meeting.

I had fun on the way to post office plowing through some snow drifts; I am impressed with how well my new car handles the snow and ice. I thought the snow drifts on the side of the road were a safe place to see how my car went through deeper snow. Since it’s going to be 40 tomorrow I’ll let my chauffeur stay home.

Have a great day.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was the sunrise this morning. I am glad I got up in time to watch it.

img_14468.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia :wavey:

House guests this weekend and now crazy work week. Stay safe and warm!

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, Ooh, thank you for sharing more of your diamond cluster ring here with us. I have been wanting more photos of your beauty! :love: :love: :love: She looks perfect on your lovely hand. Jimmianne is right. Meant to be there. :love: :love: :love:

Glad your DS made it to Philly safely and that his show went well. :appl:

Jimmianne, the concert went amazingly well. They sounded like a professional orchestra. For a bunch of 10 year olds I was super impressed. :appl:

Hope your ice is melting and you are warming up and not trapped inside today. Be safe and warm.

Hi Scandi, hope work gets less hectic and hope you are enjoying your guests. (((Hugs))). :wavey:

Marcy, good for you for getting things done yesterday and being well rested for work today. My workweek is different this week as I am working tomorrow and Wednesday instead of Thursday this week so I am a bit off kilter if that makes sense and we have a very early doctor's appointment this morning so I am already starting off sleep deprived.

Your sunrise photo is breathtaking!!! The colors are amazing. :love: Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thank you for the movie recs. I will have to check them out. Though I don't enjoy war movies generally so probably going to skip that one. I do want to rewatch some of Carrie Fisher's movies and also Debbie Reynolds movies. It's been a while since I saw any of their movies.

Greg and I have been re-watching all the original Gilmore Girls (and almost done as we are on the last season before the sequel and last episode) and this show is my very favorite series I think. So witty and fast and I have a crush on both Lorelai and Rory. Yeah I am a geek or NERD lol. NIRDI fits. :lol: I just ordered the book by Lauren Graham in hardcover because I will enjoy learning more about her as I know almost nothing. It's called "Talking as Fast as I Can". Not a deep book but that's OK. Not every book has to be an intellectual journey right? I definitely prefer reading "real" books in hardcover as opposed to reading them on my computer/ipad/kindle and I think this is why I haven't been reading much in the past few years. I like reading BOOKs and not books on line. Too bad real books are more expensive than ebooks.

Yesterday went smoothly thanks for asking and sharing some quick pics below. You can see feral kitty tracks in the snow in the 2nd pic. Greg dug a path for them to the feral feeder so fingers crossed they are staying somewhere safe and warm out of this bitterly cold weather.

This AM Greg and I have another specialist appointment and we are leaving at 6:30 AM and I am so tired. Of course I couldn't fall asleep last night thinking about this morning's appointment and also work. Hope you all slept well last night and have a good Monday girls. Chat with you later. :wavey:

snowatbeachjan20166inches.jpg

feralkittytracksinsnowatbeachhouse.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, thinking of you as you head back to work, I'm hoping things go ok this week for you. Hope the doctor's appointment goes well too. The beach house looks so pretty with snow around it. Glad to hear you made it there and back with no problems. Good to hear the concert was a success, sounds like a very talented group of kids, so amazing.

Marcy, it's great your new car handles well in ice and snow, that's a big plus for Wyoming winters. I'm glad you're getting some relief from the bitter cold tomorrow. Your pic of the sunrise is amazing! Wow, those colors are just beautiful :love: Your dinner sounds delicious, I LOVE mashed potatoes.

Scandi, good luck with work this week, I hope you get a lot accomplished.

Thanks to all for the nice words about my ring! I'm still going to try for some snow pics haha.

Not too much going on with me, I never did get around to putting away those Christmas decorations last week but I'm definitely doing it today lol. Once I start I'm fine, it's the starting that's a problem ha.

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is actually a really fun thread to read, so thank you ladies!

Missy, I'm watching all of the Gilmore Girls too! I had already watched "A year in the life," when it came out, but then I wanted to rematch the series and watch it again after. I won't spoil it for you, but A year in the life is awesome! Some parts were better than others, but overall really good. I'm finishing it today, as I finished season 7 a few days ago.

Juebug, that's a really beautiful ring - and it really fits your hand perfectly! :love: I'm so sorry to hear you lost your mother recently also - it's a stunningly difficult experience. Would you have any words of advice for me that worked for you? So many people died in a row and in such a short time, I sort of live in a panic mode, where I'm just wondering who is going to die next and when. I' m trying really hard to change that, but it's there, no matter what I do.

I live at the beach on the East Coast, and we got over a foot of snow. I HATE snow, and we never really get much, because the salt air is pretty warm here (Delaware/Maryland). Thankfully, I bought a pair of Columbia snow boots a few weeks ago - not even sure what made me buy them. My husband said I needed a pair, so I bought them. Thank goodness I did!!! Here when it snows, everyone loses their minds and the schools close for days and days, because they can't plow the back roads effectively (since it happens so rarely).

I received my grandmother's ring over the New Year, so I'll post a picture of it here - it's off at the jewelers, being resized, repolished, and rhodium plated. I plan to wear it with my eternity band, which is my engagement ring, when I get it back. She loved this ring, and I'm excited to wear it like she did. I also have a 1.5 mm band that my mom and dad got married with. They divorced 20 years ago, but I still like the idea of having a ring that meant something when they loved each other. So, I'll wear the two bands you see in the picture, and then the little band in between (white gold). One ring of mine, one of my moms, and one of my Grams. I'm trying all I can do focus on positives and embrace the memories of my family members who have passed on.

_6409.jpeg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's something beautiful I saw a week ago - a HUGE flock of snow geese landed on the ocean, covering more than two blocks of the water. I have seen this in my lifetime, but maybe only once before. Honestly, they were so loud I could hear them from the street! They were loud and beautiful - I only wish I'd been able to see them fly away together.

I'm grateful to live near the beach and I try to see it with my own eyes every day - I hope you enjoy this picture too!

_38838.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violet3, that is an amazing pic! How great to live so close to the beach, it's a beautiful place. I am so glad you received your grandmother's ering and a band from your mother, such a special way to remember them and keep them close. The ring is so pretty and I'm looking forward to seeing it sized and on your finger. It looks really lovely next to your diamond band.

Thank you for your condolences, I wish I had some great words of wisdom but I guess I am just taking it one day at a time. I just allow myself to give in to however I'm feeling on a particular day and I don't force myself to try to feel another way, if that makes sense. I go with my emotions and allow myself to feel whatever is in my heart. I also try to focus on the good things in my life and take comfort in my friends and family. I am so truly sorry for all the losses you've had, and I, and all the rest of us in this thread, are here for you to lend whatever support and comfort we can.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandi, I hope your week isn’t as crazy as it sounds. Have a nice time with your house guest.

Missy, I am delighted to hear your nieces concert went so well. Good luck at your appointment in the morning. It will be strange for you working different days this week. I am not going to enjoy working 5 days this week. Thank for you the kind words about my sunrise photo; the colors were amazing for sure and I am pleased with the color saturation with my new camera. I would definitely not recommend you watch Lone Survivor; it was very graphic. I was thinking the same thing about watching some of Debbie Reynold’s movies; one of the movie channels is running them all day later this month. It might be AMC. I still have not watched Gilmore Girls; I know you really like it. I get it about reading real books. I am surprised how much I like reading on my iPad. I still enjoy an old-fashioned book to read (like ones on diamonds). I love the picture of your snowy beach house and the kitty tracks.

June, I am definitely glad my car can handle a foot of snow; I’ve only got 2 blocks to get to a main road but they can be brutal. I love mashed potatoes too. I had a tooth pulled one time and that was all I ate for about a week and they are one of my favorite foods now. Did you get your decorations put away? I am like that too – I don’t really want to get started on a project but once I do then I am fine. Thank you for the kind words about my picture. I am looking forward to flower photos this summer with this camera.

Violet, sorry to hear you had so much snow. Very cool you live near the beach. We rented a house on the beach in August and even though I didn’t enjoy the house full of in-laws the beach part was very cool. Good call to buy some snow boots. Very pretty rings; I really like the idea of wearing your ring, your mom’s ring and your grandma’s ring. You are going to have good days, bad days and really awful days dealing with your losses and it’s hard to tell when or why you’ll have them. I lost my parents 5 months apart 3 years ago now. I think focusing on good times and memories help but that can also make you sad. I feel it’s important to express your feelings and have some good cries when you want or need them. I bottled things up and didn’t talk to people about it and that wasn’t the best thing for me to do. I wish I had some ideas or words to help make things easier for you but know we care and are here for you.

Very cool pictures of the geese, Violet. That would be amazing to see them take off. About 30 years ago I saw an obvious black line moving across the sky and you could see it going on and on in the sky. I ran in a store and came back out and it was getting close to me and then I realized it was geese. I watched them for a while and there were hundreds and hundreds of them and they were still coming as far as I could see. I drove home (only a few more blocks) and had my parents come out to see them. I bet they stretched over 2 miles long in the sky. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. It was probably in April or May when they’d be migrating north.

My sapphires were here today but Marty didn’t get to the door in time so I have to pick them up at the post office in the morning. I am anxious to see them.

I kind of had a stomach ache this afternoon and I am very achy so I just had a toasted egg sandwich with a few leftover mashed potatoes for supper. I mixed up some OJ and a little sprite; I don’t know why but that sounded good to me. I liked less dishes.

Darn it snow is in the forecast again this week. At least there is only about 4 months of this crap left in Wyoming.

Did you see one of the famous redwoods you can drive through (it’s actually only been walk through recently) got knocked over by wind in California? How sad. I guess the tree shattered on impact. We were going to go see them when we were in Pebble Beach but it was too far to go from where we were staying.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from Scandinavia :wavey:

The house guests were just from Saturday - Sunday, so got rid of them before this crazy week started, lol. First meeting of the morning successfully (? LOL) over, now 3 conference calls to go - or is it 4?? - before I can do some honest work..

Violet, Welcome :wavey: My best advice is to stay active, stay social and exercise! But then again I love snow, so perhaps you should not take my advice.. :lol:

Missy, is this your Monday or your Sunday? If you are going to work, good luck! Your niece is amazing!

Marcy, amazing story! And earrings!!

Jimmianne, the "animal in coats" picture really made my day! OH SO CUTE!

June, that ring of yours :love: :love: :love:

Callie, how are you?

Hugs!!

EDIT: Marcy, please post pictures when you get them :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, We didn't put our Christmas tree away yet either and I don't feel rushed to do so but that might be because it is only up at the beach house so we haven't been there for a full weekend yet since the holidays. We might put it away this weekend as we have things we need to do there this weekend so the timing works. I am sad to see another holiday season gone but relieved that spring is on the way. Though I know with the bitter cold weather it doesn't feel like that but the days are definitely getting longer and I am excited about that. I agree with you- getting started is always the hardest part whether it be putting away the decorations, cleaning out closets or any task we are not excited and energized to do. But once we get started it is much easier. Good luck today and here's some incentive. It will be mild in a few days so do it now and then perhaps you can look forward to a nice walk later this week when the weather warms up and you know all your Christmas decorations are put away ready for next year.

Violet, thank you for sharing your beach pic and wow. That is really something seeing all those snow geese on the shore together. :love: Just beautiful. I agree hearing and seeing the ocean whenever you want to is a powerful thing and I would miss not having the Ocean nearby. I also love watching all the bird life around the ocean and even love watching the fish bubbling to the surface. It is a never ending fascinating seascape and my dh and I enjoy it very much.

As of recently we have been talking about the possibility of moving at some point and I keep thinking Colorado is a great state to move to in retirement. Cost of living is reasonable compared to living where we do and the weather never gets too cold or too hot and you can do plenty of outdoor activities. My dh and I love cycling, hiking, and just enjoying the outdoors but I cannot tolerate temperature extremes. But then I think what about the ocean. There is no ocean there and we will miss hearing and seeing it and swimming in it and walking along the shore. So glad you get to live by the ocean and enjoy it whenever you want to. Watching the waves and hearing the roar calms me down and brings me a feeling of well being that I cannot adequately describe. It is magical.

We finished Gilmore Girls (original series) last night. This was the second time we watched it with the first time being live so to speak when it was on the air originally in the 2000s. We already watched A Year in the Life when it first came out a few weeks ago (while we were currently rewatching the original series) and I was disappointed. But I am glad you enjoyed it. I just felt it didn't follow their true nature. I plan on rewatching it now that we finally watched the original and it is fresh in my mind but just as an example of one thing that bothered me. The boyfriend that Rory kept forgetting she had. That was a storyline I didn't like. Rory was never mean or silly or stupid and IMO that storyline was all of the above. The way she treated the boyfriend she kept forgetting she had. :confused:
Anyway I will re watch the sequel again soon and see if my perception has changed now that the series is more fresh in my mind.

I got the book yesterday (Amazon rocks-took less than 2 days!) and will read it soon when I have some time. I love Lauren Graham and am looking forward to reading her autobiography.

I agree with Junie and Marcy's advice to you about surviving and moving on despite losing loved ones. Take it one day at a time. And when that feels too rough take it one hour at a time. Remember how much they loved you and would want you to be happy and continue making a full and happy life for you and your family. In time you will remember them with more joy than pain and more happiness than sadness. But you know you will always miss them and you will never forget them and through you they live on. In your heart they are always there.

One last thought. Allow yourself to feel what you are feeling. That is, don't push away your sadness. Allow it to wash over you and feel it. One of the girls who used to post here has a 3 day (I am not sure how many days actually but something like that sorry!) rule where she allows herself to wallow and then she moves forward. I don't think the number of days matters so much (for me) and I am a big believer in allowing yourself to feel badly and sad etc. and within time you will start feeling better. However I do like her rule that if it gets too be too much then you force yourself to do things so you will feel better. SO I am borrowing part of her rule and sharing it with you.

I am so sorry for your terrible losses and I know the pain must be unbearable at times and your sadness overwhelming. Keeping you in my thoughts and sending (((hugs))) your way. And we are here for you. To listen, to share and to just be here however we can be.

Marcy, darn on missing your sapphire delivery yesterday. I know you are disappointed but think about your excitement today at receiving them when you arrive home from work. I know Marty won't miss the delivery today. How is he feeling today? Have you been able to get him to say This is CNN? :cheeky: I hope he is feeling better and that you aren't getting sick and that your stomach ache is better. Of course if you are not feeling well perhaps you need to stay home today and then you will be there when the sapphires get delivered on the second delivery attempt... :naughty: But I really hope you wake feeling good and if you stay home it is for fun and not because you aren't feeling well. And think of your excitement at opening your bling this evening. Woohoo. Hoping it is just what the doctor ordered. :bigsmile:

Scandi, this is my Monday boohoo. :boohoo: :lol: Yay for your successful houseguests visit and now your house can get back to "normal" and know you shared a lovely time with them. Hope work is going smoothly. I know I will miss it if I have to leave my job/career some day soon as it is likely looking right now so while this may seem like strange advice at your young age enjoy your career Scandi while you are living it. Live in the moment. LOL that is my sage advice for the day. I will stop now I promise. :lol:

Yesterday went OK after a few snafus. Since the New Year the subways have been awful. Crowded beyond belief and running very late and very few trains compared to what is needed especially during rush hour. It has been frustrating and yesterday was no exception. B/w the trains not running often enough and super crowded there was also a sick passenger (why do sick passengers not get off the train and get help vs stopping the train causing massive delays?) so we had to get off and get an Uber. And we were late to the appointments that we should have been way early to since we left so ahead of time. Oh well.

Off to work today. Have a great day girls and sending you sunny thoughts for a lovely January Tuesday. Sharing a plc I took last night right before dinner. :wavey:

lastnightbeforesunsetjanuaryskybrooklyn2017.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violet, what an amazing photo!

I had a similar experience of having my husband, then my Dad, then my Mom die 5 years ago and I cannot quite tell you how I got from there to here. It wasn't easy and I still feel lost at times. Lots of "little" things helped me put one foot in front ot the other; a hospice grief group, major projects on my house, travel ... and NIRDIs[!]
Actually this is how I got into diamonds - sort of got hooked and the distraction was good.
I understand what you mean. My life view changed - things feel more fragile, transitory. I am so sorry. I know how difficult and lonely this is for you. It feels scary. We will all hang in there together, yes? XO!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM Jimmianne, and (((hugs))). The NIRDIs have collectively and individually experienced so much loss and it has made us stronger. And given us a new "normal" so to speak. We appreciate every single day and hold on and cherish our loved ones and our beloved memories.
The new "normal' takes time to get used to but it is worth it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, congrats on getting rid of your house guests! that made me chuckle.

Marcy, oh no. More snow? You guys are tough - pioneer tough. Love those earrings, they look as though they have a lot of movement and therefore catch the light beautifully.

June, I hope you are doing well. Your loss is so recent. You don't mention it often, so your post to Violet reminded me that it is fresh. Hugs hugs hugs.

Missy, I'll see you soon.

I was able to get to town yesterday and thank goodness it will be above freezing today to melt the ice and make things more comfortable for the animals.
I just joined a French dating website which, with the somewhat awkward translations, can be very amusing. Mostly Frenchmen, but I did hear from one Brit so far; he is almost 80 and very sweet. I've found it easy to make friends in the expat community.
They stick together and gladly welcome newcomers. Sound familiar?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1484046594|4113967 said:
Violet, what an amazing photo!

I had a similar experience of having my husband, then my Dad, then my Mom die 5 years ago and I cannot quite tell you how I got from there to here. It wasn't easy and I still feel lost at times. Lots of "little" things helped me put one foot in front ot the other; a hospice grief group, major projects on my house, travel ... and NIRDIs[!]
Actually this is how I got into diamonds - sort of got hooked and the distraction was good.
I understand what you mean. My life view changed - things feel more fragile, transitory. I am so sorry. I know how difficult and lonely this is for you. It feels scary. We will all hang in there together, yes? XO!

Jimmianne, I don't think I have told you how sorry I am for all that you have been through. But I am. As I hope you know. Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sky changing this morning with sunrise. Thought you might enjoy the winter sky colors as they are changing in real time.

I am reminding myself what I love about winter. The sharp cool sky, the rich deep colors, the snuggling to get warm with my kitties and dh. Wearing lots of pretty boots and coats. The excuse to be able to go to bed earlier since it is dark longer. The smell of a wood burning fire. The eating of carbs just because it's winter and it's ok. No skimpy clothing weather just yet. The beautiful snow and smelling of fresh sweet air that only comes in winter. The cold air waking you up and motivating you to move. The strong black coffee warming you up first thing in the morning while enjoying the changing sky. Lots of good reasons to love winter.

And my UGGs were delivered last night Jimmianne. But hopefully we don't have to wear our heaviest boots during your visit. It will be wet but mild. Not bad weather for bling shopping. :halo:

img_14484.jpg

img_14486.jpg

img_14487.jpg

img_14485.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I forgot to tell you. We might be stopping by NY 30 July! Think we are going to Hawaii, and the children have never been to NY before, so I thought we could do the "change flights" there on the way back home and spend a day showing them the city :love: If you are lucky, you are away on holiday then, but I just wanted to let you know :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian said:
Missy, I forgot to tell you. We might be stopping by NY 30 July! Think we are going to Hawaii, and the children have never been to NY before, so I thought we could do the "change flights" there on the way back home and spend a day showing them the city :love: If you are lucky, you are away on holiday then, but I just wanted to let you know :cheeky:

Hahaha yes you got my attention...gotta love Facebook!!!! :appl:

Yes! We will make it work. See my message to you. I'm a genius. :devil: :halo: :appl: :wavey:

Can't wait!!!! :dance:
And neither can the fur babies...

img_14488.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1484054333|4113981 said:
Scandinavian said:

Hahaha yes you got my attention...gotta love Facebook!!!! :appl:

Yes! We will make it work. See my message to you. I'm a genius. :devil: :halo: :appl: :wavey:

Can't wait!!!! :dance:
And neither can the fur babies...

I might kidnap - ehhhh - catnap.. - HRH....

But seriously though, if you can't make it work/are on holiday and have better things to do, no worries and I totally understand! It is in the middle of your holiday after all !!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results