shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone from Norway. We've had little to no Wifi lately so haven't been able to check in.

We've had amazingly good weather even in the land of rain and drizzle. The temperatures dropped so I was happy about that and even tonight in a city that rains 364 days a year, we only had a minute or two of rain. The tour is over and we're back on our own, which we're happy about. The tour was really good, but we were ready to call our own shots again. I caught the cold that was going through the group but have been able to power through. Tomorrow is a long one, two boat rides through the fjords and then two really picturesque train rides.

I'm sorry life is being so hard for so many of you. It really is about trying to move forward. Today would have been our 38th wedding anniversary and I had a moment of sadness but was glad we stayed busy all day. Sorry I can't reply in more detail to all of you but I need to get to bed as it's an early morning tomorrow.

Hang in there, NIRDI's, one and all.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, your boat rides through the fjords sound amazing. I hope you will share some photos here.
And with the trains too. I love travel by train, watching everything go by.

AZ, sounds like you had fun shopping. Yay for pink gold!

Pom just got home from the vet school a few minutes ago.
He will have to have his bandages changed every other day for a few months. I learned yesterday at the vet school hospital how to do the sterile multi-layer hoof and leg bandages. He didn't behave for the vets, but I think he will be OK with me. Jimmianne = treats, not shots.

Happy Friday, everyone! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, I'm glad Ann can try to trap this weekend, and I'm very sorry to hear she was so upset about releasing Squirt. It's very hard but sounds like she did all she could, and I will be keeping Squirt in my thoughts. Please don't feel badly about anything, you have been a tremendous help to these kitties and because of your efforts they are getting neutered and you are making progress. (((hugs))) I'll be hoping for success for this weekend.

I really like your new iPhone case.

Forgot to say it's great that Greg had a good check-up. Sorry to hear you had to have a painful treatment and I hope you're healing ok.

I'm keeping your friend J in my thoughts too - I know it's so hard to see a friend suffer, hugs. It's wonderful that you are providing company and support, you are a great friend (but all of us nirdis know that already!)

Thanks for the suggestion for my mother - the doctor at the rehab already started her on a stimulant yesterday, so we'll see how it goes. I've been told it can take a while to have an effect. I did notice she ate some of a banana today and seemed to enjoy how it tasted, which is unusual. So who knows, maybe it will help, just have to wait and see.

Gypsy, I'm so sorry this job didn't pan out, hugs to you. Hang in there and try not to be discouraged, you will find something and I'm sending tons of good vibes and job dust your way. I hope your husband is feeling better. That kitty is the sweetest little love bug, absolutely adorable! It really, really stinks that the rescue messed up, I'm irritated right along with you and I hope things can somehow work out but I do understand this has to work for everyone. I'm sorry your stepfather is having such a rough time right now, I feel so bad for the poor guy. I think you're making the right call by staying out of it though, you're right, nothing good will come of it. I'm glad you're feeling a little better emotionally but I know things are hard for you right now and I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

Marcy, lol to drinking during Sharknado, a few extra cocktails would definitely help! I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to your vacation, you've had quite a time of it at work and you deserve to relax and de-stress. And drink haha. Wow, it really has cooled down a lot for you, sounds more like fall than summer. Hope there was some yummy food at the pot luck.

Rainwood, glad to hear you're enjoying your trip! I'm happy the weather is good for you. Hope you get over your cold quickly. The train and boat rides sound like a lot of fun.

Kristie, sorry you've been feeling down, such a lousy feeling. Keeping busy, and shopping :cheeky: , does help sometimes. I'm a big proponent of retail therapy lol. Trying on watches sounds like fun. I hope you're in better spirits soon. Oh, and lol to my son hooking up my mother! Can you imagine? :D

Jimmianne, I'm so glad Pom is home, I know he must be so happy to be back with you. He is in such good hands with you. Please pet him a few extra times (not sure what to call it for horses lol) for me. I've been thinking about you and hope you're feeling ok.

Have a good night everyone, I'll check in soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I think I’d be more agreeable to having my cleaning lady bring older kids that can amuse themselves and take care of themselves. My paranoia kicked in too thinking what is something happened to the baby here? It ended up her husband didn’t work today so he was babysitting. Happy Gilmore is definitely a silly movie but I am easily amused so that works. I have not watched the Gilmore Girls.

Kristie, glad you did some therapy shopping. I hope you like some of your sunglasses. I hope you are feeling better tonight.

Rainwood, I am glad to hear you are having such a wonderful vacation. I am looking forward to your pictures. Hugs to you for today being what would have been your 38th anniversary. Those special days are hard.

Jimmianne, I am glad Pom is home and good deal you learned how to change his bandages.

Junebug, good deal you mom seemed to enjoy some banana. I agree the 60’s here is like fall weather; it is warming back to the 70’s this weekend.

Marty has been really busy this week so I’ve only got an occasional text or 2 from him. I was going to text him tonight and tell him to quit ignoring me and I’m setting there at work and I get a text from him he’s turning in his rental. I’m like “you coming home tonight?” The answer was yes. He lands at DIA about 9 and hopefully will be home by 11:30. He is going to spend the next 2 weeks trying to get his big project done before we go on vacation. He said it was 101 there, high humidity and not a breeze. I am sure he’ll appreciate the cooler temperatures here.

We had a pot luck at work today. I ate way too much including sweets but it was all pretty good. They brought stuff for breakfast burritos, and lunch was pulled pork and pasta salad. About 1/2 of the cookies I took in were left so I sent them home with people. The single guys are always agreeable to taking home treats.

I got several projects wrapped up at work today. I may have some people to interview next week for my position; it would be great to find someone and make an offer before I go on vacation.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I have 10℅ left on this battery, so sorry so short.

Just wanted to update on kitten. So we talked to the rescue. The dislikes cats comment was before they socialized her. She was hissy the first night. But we've been doing intros slowly and she's going to be fine. She doesn't like the others but will tolerate them so long as they leave her be. I am still hoping she'll learn to play with Penny eventually.

We've tentatively named her Lily.

So ONE thing, a very important thing, is going very right. 8)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, so glad you and your sister are enjoying your trip and that the weather is improving. How beautiful it is there. I am glad you were busy during your anniversary and spent it doing fun things with your sister. (((HUGS))).

Junie, I am so glad your mom ate part of a banana yesterday! Hoping this is the start of better things for you both and that her appetite starts increasing and she gets stronger and more clear headed. (((HUGS))) to you Junie honey. You are a strong and loving woman and everyone you love is so lucky to have you in their lives. We are so lucky to have you in ours!

Thank you for the good thoughts for Sprite and all the kitties (Squirt is her sister and they all thank you). We just put the traps out this morning and we removed their food last night when it got dark. So far no cats are around. The weather is not good today and rain is on the way. They usually stay away during the rain but we have all weekend and week to try trapping so fingers crossed. It is challenging more than ever since we have 6 cats that have already been TNRd who can and will walk into the traps if they are hungry enough. And that means no leaving the house with the traps open which means we are limited as we have to be inside the house watching the security cameras if we have the traps open and if we leave at all (bike ride/errands/anything) we have to shut it down. Really hoping we can get Rootbeer (who we know is a girl since she is a calico) and another-maybe Fresca 2 or Gingerale or Seven Up or Dr Pepper...I am not picky haha. I just want to get any of the 4 plus we have left.

Marcy, YAY to Marty arriving home last night! I hope he had an easy flight back to you. Your weather is quite nice right now temperature wise. I love the 60s/70s. Perfectly comfortable.

Yes I can see where having a baby in your house is scary if your cleaning lady is not paying proper attention and g-d forbid something could happen. I am glad her dh was able to baby sit and that she didn't have to bring her baby. And yay for a clean house. I know we have had this conversation many times before but LOL our house stays clean for about a minute and then cat hair starts floating around. :lol: :oops: But if I vacuum immediately I can keep it under control.

I might have missed something. Are you interviewing for a temporary fill in or for another permanent position? Glad you were so productive at work and finished your projects. Good going! Beach vacation coming up. :appl:
And if you ever find yourself with some spare time and not sure what to do check out Gilmore Girls. I am a fan. I just love Lorelai and Rory and the whole town. It is a heartwarming series and smart and funny and IDK if it would be to your liking but you have nothing to lose to watch a few of the first few episodes (I think it's on Netflix) and see what you think. Greg and I watched Final Destination 3 last night. Hahaha good cheesy scary fun but not a great movie. But it was entertaining though I had to look away at all the gory parts of which there were too many. I haven't seen Final Destination 1 or 2 however but Greg has.

Kristie, good to know. I think you need to find a rose gold watch then and cross stainless of your list. Which sunglasses did you end up purchasing? Did you ever consider the blue sunglasses I bought the other month for Greg and me? I was thinking of getting you a pair but wasn't sure how they would look. It's hard buying glasses online and not being able to try them on. Let me know because I am stuck on a birthday gift for you (I know I have a few months haha but I am already thinking about it and you know I love what you got me) and sending you and Bob the same sunglasses I got for Greg and me would be a good option if you think the shape would work...do you still have those pics I sent you of us wearing the glasses?
Hoping you are having a good weekend and feeling better.

Jimmianne, that is wonderful news about Pom finally being home and in your loving care. So glad you know what you are doing and Pom is in capable and loving hands. (((HUGS))).

Scandi, how is your DD doing? How are you? Thinking of you.

Gypsy, OMG, such wonderful news and thank you for letting us know! I was worried about Lily and such a relief to find out she is slowly but surely coming around to your other kitties. Seriously such great news thank you!!!!! Btw I LOVE the name Lily. One of my favorite names ever. Sending good friend vibes to Lily and Penny and the rest of your furry crew so they become fast friends and loving siblings very soon. :appl:

Last night Ann came over with our traps and she also brought a surprise gift for me. She said she thinks I need it and wanted to get it for me. A little good luck ladybug that is supposed to bring good luck her way. How thoughtful of Ann! I was touched as I was not expecting that and I feel touched that with all she does she is thinking of me. She doesn't want me to worry or stress and she said this ladybug will bring good luck and happiness. Awwwww.

Have a great Saturday girls and thinking of each and everyone of you. Wishing everyone good luck with their accomplishments this weekend big and small and sending hugs and love your way. :wavey:

ladybug.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, that is such great news about the kitten! Very nice for everyone that it now is looking as though it will work out well.

And June, glad to hear your Mom enjoyed the banana. It is a small but very hopeful start.

Marcy, good to hear that Marty is back and home and working so you can go on your vacation.

Things are looking up with the NIRDIs this weekend!

hugs, all :appl:

Good morning Missy and Ladybug!. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Gypsy, I hate when my laptop is down to that red bar! On weekend I often have to put it back on the charger. Good news about Lily. She is sure a cutie and hopefully she’ll decide her “siblings” are okay.

Missy, I hope you are able to catch one of the remaining soda gang. I guess we can hope our houses will stay clean but reality tells us it won’t. I did find something my cleaning lady did and she didn’t tell me - I had my tumbled sapphires setting on a little white plate and she must have spilled all of it or part of it because I’ve found about a dozen little sapphires on the floor today. Grr! I got what was left on my plate in my gem jar today but I wish she’d at least told me. We are going to replace the guy who quit last month and hopefully I can find someone before I leave on vacation. Final Destination sounds familiar to me; I’ll have to google it and see if I’ve watched it. I will definitely hunt up Gilmore Girls and give it a peak. Thanks! That was so sweet of Ann to bring you a gift especially one that brings good luck and happiness. We have painted cement ladybugs on our pillar out front.

Jimmianne, how is Pom doing today? Is your DD feeling better? How are you doing?

Marty got home about 11:30. I was watching Macan videos in bed when he got here. Poor guy was sacked out in about 5 minutes. I don’t know what time he got up today but he went grocery shopping and woke me home when he got back about 6:30. He had an 8:30 tee time.

My sister and her friend got to our house about 10:30. Her friend is really nice and funny. She even brought me a present. A little teddy bear with a TKR (Tiny Killer Rabbit) necklace. She also got me a small water bottle with M&M’s and a bag. What a nice lady!

We visited, ate a few cookies, looked at jewelry and waited for Marty. I cleaned their rings for them with my jewel jet. Sadly my JJ needs to get thrown out. The last time I used it it was leaking and today it didn’t really heat up like it should and the top ready light never came on. I will order another one when we get back from vacation.

We ate lunch downtown then drove them around town to show my sister’s friend the few highlights of our humble city. I made some apple turnovers when we got home.

I was showing that lady my UV light and florescent diamonds and her 5 stone band was all medium florescent. Such a fun toy.

Did you ladies see the video of the poor gymnast breaking his leg at the Olympics. OUCH!!!

I got an email from my Porsche sales associate and he gave my the same schedule he told us the day we ordered my car. I told him I was anxious and that October was a long time away. He said “Patience young Skywalker.” I thought that was funny. If all goes well my car should be done the day before we come home from the beach. Then 7 weeks later I might get my hands on it.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It is a good morning after a rather stressful and anxiety filled day yesterday because we caught Fresca 2 last night at 5:30 PM and Rootbeer at 5:30 AM this morning!!!!! Woohoo!!!! Almost exactly 12 hours apart. Wow. :appl: :appl: :appl:

The only upsetting thing is we realized last night we have a total of 6 cats that still need TNR (4 now once Rootbeer and Fresca 2 get spayed). So it is overwhelming because we only have the next month or so left before Ann stops for the season. She stops trapping in October and that leaves us September and well if we don't get the last 4 you know they multiply fast.

In fact Ann and I spoke yesterday and she said she is actually very surprised we don't have more babies. We might and not yet know about it unfortunately so that would leave many more cats. See how this can be overwhelming and quite the conundrum. Trap a few and get many more that need to be trapped and neutered. Oh well. I am repeating the mantra doing the best we can one cat at a time and that's all we can do.

Last night I was ready to lose it and I am feeling better because we trapped Rootbeer this morning. A sign from above I think that we trapped Fresca 2 (need a better name for her!) and Rootbeer within 36 hours of when we started trapping and within 12 hours of each other. Big sigh of relief for sure!

Ann sleeps late and she has plans today so I just emailed her instead of calling when we got Rootbeer this AM. She came last night to pick up Fresca 2 but we have Rootbeer in our shed. I am worried about the temps in there and we have a fan on but it is going to get warm here today. I want to bring her in the house but my parents just got fleas from their ferals and need all their animals and whole house fumigated and I do not want to go through that ordeal. Greg thinks Rootbeer will be fine in the shed but I am not certain. Do you think if we bring her into our basement we could get fleas spread to the upstairs? Haha I know the answer is yes but asking it anyway in case I am wrong.

Hi Marcy! How sweet of your sister's friend to bring you such a thoughtful and meaningful gift. Cookies and jewelry are the perfect combination. And yuum on apple turnovers. Sorry your JJ is not working well. I just clean my rings with dish soap and a toothbrush and occasionally the dazzle stick. It seems to keep everything pretty sparkly. Maybe you don't need a JJ? Oh no to someone breaking their leg at the olympics. I haven't been watching. That is terrible. :(

Sorry you cannot seem to get your new car sooner and LOL to Patience Young Skywalker. What a comedian your salesperson is. I am with you Marcy. Short on patience and high on nervous energy. Wishing you a quicker than expected delivery and may the time pass painlessly. You know I am expecting a car trip to NYC with you and your new car. 8-) :halo:

Junie, thinking of you and your mom and hoping each day brings her strength and more clarity and you more peace of mind and contentment. Big HUGS.

Gypsy, sending more good thoughts and hugs your way. And lots of great job dust for you to get the dream job you deserve!

Jimmianne, how was Pom's first full day back? Great news about Pom and your DD and I am so happy things are coming together. (((HUGS))).

Callie, I love red nails and while I don't wear polish generally I admire the clean sophisticated look of lovely manicured fingers and toes. I miss that and do the best I can keeping my fingers and toes neat it isn't the same as when I had them done professionally. Good on your gardening accomplishments this weekend. You are amazing! Glad your weather is cooperating too.

Kristie, you are a generous friend in more than one way, thank you! I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the weekend and ((((Hugs)))).

LLJsmom, hoping you and the family are enjoying your getaway and sending hugs your way. I know I have a number of texts to catch up on and sorry I was remiss about that before I went to bed last night. It was a stressful day worrying about the cats and my mobile phone was on the security camera function watching if someone was going to get trapped. So I couldn't even see who was texting or respond but I see the NIRDIs were in action. Anyway hoping you are having a blast.

Scandi, hey there.

CJ, how are you? Hoping things are going well.

Hi Sharon! Thinking of you and hoping everyone is doing well by you. Sending healing vibes to your mom and hugs to you.

Rainwood, hoping you are enjoying more gorgeous scenery and continuing to have a wonderful trip with your sister! (((HUGS))).

I hope I didn't forget anyone but if I did I am thinking of you and sending love your way. Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Oh and I need suggestions for a new name for Fresca 2. She looks just like Fresca 1. Any ideas?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK we are going to bring her into our basement right now. I am too worried because it is getting very warm outside and the shed is going to get warm even with the fan running. Cannot risk her safety. Hoping we don't get fleas but her safety comes first.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, I'm thrilled to hear two kitties have been trapped! I can understand putting Rootbeer in the basement, I would be worried about the heat too. I'm really hoping the rest of the ferals can be trapped before Ann stops for the season but please don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work out that way - you, Greg, and Ann are doing your best. You're at the beach for the week, and the trapping will continue through the week, right? Hopefully the good luck will continue. I hope the trapping doesn't start stressing you out too much, and that you can relax a little and have a little fun while you're at the beach.

It was SO sweet of Ann to give you the ladybug, what a thoughtful thing to do, and I'm really glad you have her support and help.

Marcy, it was so nice of your sister's friend to bring you such thoughtful gifts. Sounds like it was a fun visit. Sorry your JJ has bit the dust - I use Connoisseurs jewelry cleaner and I think it works really well. I'm glad Marty is home now. I hope he can get his project done before vacation so it's not hanging over his head. It would be great if you could fill your open position at work as well. Sorry about your spilled sapphires, it's a shame your cleaning lady didn't mention it. October does seem far away! I know the wait is agonizing lol. It's a good idea to watch videos to tide you over until you get your beautiful new car.

Gypsy, I'm glad that things are going to work out with your new addition! I love the name Lily. She's young and I'm holding out hope that she eventually warms up even more to her new buddies. But it's encouraging that she is tolerating everyone. It's so wonderful that you are providing Lily with a safe and happy home, you and your dh are awesome.

Just a quick update, you guys don't even need to respond, just wanted to fill you in…my mother is still not doing well, I was going to just ride out this rehab stay since she's probably getting the same care she would get at a NH, but I'm beginning to think maybe it's better to just get her to a more permanent placement at this point. I have a feeling they're probably going to release her from rehab pretty soon anyway. I haven't had a formal talk with anyone since the last care conference so I'm going to speak with the SW this week.

Sending good thoughts and love to all my nirdis!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi June,
Thinking of you as you navigate this. It is a very tough decision knowing what to do, but it sounds as though circumstances are helping figure out the best course of action. Not that it makes the emotions any easier. Hugs & more Hugs.

Missy, you've been doing the kitty "thing" for a long time and wouldn't it be great if this brought the major part of the work to a close?!
Hopefully the kitty in the basement won't share fleas and since it is a short time, it should be OK. Maybe spray the area later. I'm sure you've already thought of that. I can't wait to hear what name you thought up. My first thought was Vernie for Vernors, but that's probably a male name for a ginger cat.

Marcy, I wonder if you will become a Jedi knight during this wait. It will be so much fun here when you finally get your car. A big celebration.

Not much to report here, just checking in before heading to "First Sunday" in my little town. An excuse to get out and walk around in a crowd : ) after house cleaning all morning. I got unreasonably excited yesterday to find the Maille brand of pickles and mustard that I loved so much in France. Sadly, this tiny event made my day haha. My DD & I went to the Maille store in Dijon in December where you buy a little jar [or a big jar] and they use something that looks like a saloon beer tap to pump your choice of mustard. A fun memory.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, I'm sorry things are not improving more for your mom and I know you will do the best thing you can for her. Hope you are taking care of yourself and we are all keeping you in our thoughts and sending love and strength your way. Happiness shared is happiness doubled and sadness shared is sadness halved. It will all work out. (((HUGS))).

Not sure if Ann will be OK with us trapping more kitties because she already has 6 slots filled for the August 19th appointment and we are out of traps too because she keeps the cats in the traps through the appointment and back. We could easily buy more traps at Lowe's though they wouldn't be the same as the good traps we got online but it would be good enough. Just need to see if Ann will be onboard with us trying to trap more.

I have another concern and that is Sprite. She hasn't eaten since Ann released her Wednesday and I saw her last night in the backyard and ran out to bring her a plate of food but she ran away and didn't return and then I saw her a few hours later near the trap at the side of the house and I went out with hard food in a bowl for her but again she ran away. And she hasn't been back. I am worried about her but praying she is getting food somewhere and will be OK and return to eat here soon. Just another reason I don't want to start trapping and take the food away again until I see Sprite is back eating here. So many cats depend on our food now.

Jimmianne, that sounds like fun, enjoy! I haven't come up with another name for Fresca 2 yet besides Sarsaparilla which used to be my favorite soda. But Greg thinks it is a mouthful and he's right haha. But we could always call her Sarsa for short...

Hope everyone is having a good day!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, everyone!!

We're back in Copenhagen for a few days on our own. Yesterday was a long but wonderful day. We did a catamaran trip through the Sognefjord, then did a rib/jet boat through the Nayerfjord where you had to wear a survival suit and goggles! The first boat trip was lovely, the second a great thrill ride. I took video of us racing through the water. Then we did a scenic train and then a regular train back to Oslo through beautiful countryside. We spent the night in Oslo and then flew to Copenhagen today. We spent the evening at Tivoli Gartdens, the oldest amusement park in the world (I think) and rode some great rides and had a nice Italian dinner. It's even more lovely at night. We enjoy being on our own again for a few days before heading home.

Missy, glad a few more ferals are going to be spayed. Good for you and Greg on your trapping prowess.

Junie, I'm sorry your mom isn't improving as you'd hoped, but it sounds like a good plan to be looking for a permanent spot for her. You are a wise and wonderful daughter, even when you think you aren't.

Marcy, I think you'll love the Porsche even more having waited for it so long.

Jimmianne, it's funny about the Maille mustard. My sister bought some in Amsterdam because she liked it so much but had to turn it over at the airport when we were flying to Stockholm because it's considered a liquid and it was too big to have in carry-on luggage and that's all we have. The security guy probably took it home.

Hi to all the other NIRDI's. I'm sorry I'm not being more specific in my replies but we walked another 10 miles today and I'm exhausted.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, good deal you trapped Fresca 2 and Root Beer. I would worry about the heat in the shed too. I don’t use my JJ too often but if I get something sticky or gunky on my rings I want to use it. I usually use diluted Windex to soak my jewelry in for cleaning or sometimes just Dawn dish soap. I will actually be surprised if I get my car by the date projected; I’ll have a better idea in a few weeks though.

Junebug, I really like Connoisseurs jewelry cleaner. Seems to make things sparkle more and it’s pink! I hate to hear your mom isn’t doing well. Mega hugs coming your way.

Jimmianne, I’ll have to work on strengthening the force within me. Good plan! That is cool you found a French favorite brand of pickles and mustard. It’s nice something can bring up pleasant memories for you.

Not much going on here today. I had Marty unpack his suitcase before he left for golf. I have the last pair of jeans int he dryer now.

I made homemade pizza for lunch and will have leftovers for a few lunches. I just made cheese because i don’t seem to like any other kind of pizza cold. I think I’ll have a BLT for supper. I have no idea what skinny Marty is eating. He is still at the golf course.

Marcy

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry guys I planned a long post but had to take Duncan to the emergency vet. He stopped eating, drinking and got lethargic over last 24 hours, and suddenly worse tonight. Vet sent him home though after rehydrating him and taking blood work he needs to eat and drink before noon tomorrow or its back for xrays and an ultrasound.

Still have no computer. Doing best I can woth tablet and phoone.

I am going to be watching him like a hawk.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, so happy you are having a wonderful adventure and love that you are enjoying and seeing beautiful sights and walking all over. What fun and we are excited to hear more details when you return. What a trip of a lifetime! :appl:

Marcy, I love cold pizza and good for you making homemade pizza and getting just what you want. Yumm. Now you have me craving pizza at 7:30 in the morning haha. Wish we had some leftover pizza in our fridge this morning cause I would be all over that. :lickout:

Gypsy, Oh no. :cry: I am sending healing vibes to Duncan and and good thoughts your way. I really hope he starts feeling better and eating and that everything checks out with him. (((HUGS))) to Duncan and you.

Finally Sprite ate overnight and that is a huge relief. I am so glad we decided to leave the food overnight though that is not the best strategy if we are continuing to try trapping this week. Right now Sprite's well being takes precedence over trapping more cats. Ann said she will come here today and drop off one or two of her traps so we can try this week. We still have Dr Pepper and Ginger Ale and Seven Up and one more whose name escapes me to TNR. Not sure how this week will shape up though as I have to watch and see if Sprite continues to eat at the feeding station and I am not eager to take her food away. She is super jumpy and who can blame her. Ann has had her since April when she gave birth and just released her this past Wed. She is acclimating to being outside again and also to being free and very nervous about everything. She has been through a huge ordeal. Thank you Junie, Callie, Marcy, Kristie, LLJsmom, Jimmianne, and everyone for keeping the ferals and Sprite specifically in your thoughts. Really appreciate that.

Greg likes the name Shasta for Fresca 2 so now I am torn b/w Shasta and Sarsaparilla. Shasta or Sarsa...LOL it feels good to think about something nonsensical for a change vs life and death matter yanno? ;))

Sending good thoughts and healing vibes to Junie's mom, Gypsy's Duncan and Scandi's dad and all the NIRDIs and their loved ones. (((HUGS))).
Have a good Monday girls! :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, I'm glad you saw Sprite eating and I'm keeping her in my thoughts as she acclimates to being outdoors. I can see why you'd want to hold off on the trapping while she adjusts. I'm with Greg, I like Shasta too.

Gypsy, I am so sorry to hear about Duncan, and I'm hoping this episode isn't anything serious and that he starts eating and drinking for you. Big hugs to you and hang in there, I know this is very difficult and stressful.

Rainwood, you sound like you are having the trip of a lifetime and having some great adventures, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

Jimmianne, I'm finding these days that simple pleasures truly are the best. I'm glad you found your favorite french mustard and pickles, something like that would make me happy too.

Marcy, your homemade pizza sounds so good. Pizza is one of my favorite foods and I love cold cheese pizza too.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, I appreciate them.

Will check in later, sending good thoughts to all <3

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hiya! So tomorrow's to do includes yelling at the computer warranty people. I need a computer.

Duncan ate this morning (tiny bit) and then ate again a little two hours later! So I think h is on the mend. Thank you Missy and Junie for your well wishes. He's 15 now so there is a lot of anxiety there when he gets ill. His liver enzyme were a tiny bit elevated yesterday so I have to follow up on that but it can wait a couple weeks.

Health insurance is worked out! I getting infusion this week!

Kitten is healthy, completely integrated with others and is learning manners. Lily is her final name.

I am better, today. Can see silver lining.

Will post more later. I hope everyone mhas a good day.

Missy, great news about Sprite!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay Gypsy for better days ahead! :wavey: :appl:

I am so glad Duncan is eating. Good good news there. Go Duncan! Tuna? Salmon? Organ meat??? Finn, my avatar, he is almost 14. His liver enzymes go up whenever he is even slightly under the weather. Then they normalize (except for his ALP which is always elevated and as nothing else is elevated with it which would indicate illness, we do not worry about it any more). These elderly beloved pets really have our hearts in their furry little paws.

Glad to hear your infusion is scheduled, I know its been really hard on you.

Good to hear Lily is coming along nicely with all the others. She sure is pretty and sweet looking.

Things are looking up, GOOD GOING!!! :appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, it sounds like you guys are having an amazing time, so glad to hear. And your anniversary happened during your trip, I think that's a great way to observe it, in a beautiful place. You are a trooper. :angel:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi :)

Sorry for not posting in so long.

I've been feeling...overwhelmed, so aside from haven't been on here for more than a few seconds here and there just feel...overwhelmed. But I've been reading along every other day or so and mostly have been keeping up on what's going on with everyone.

Nothing terrible for me. I get overwhelmed so easy (I hate this about myself). Just my own personality of getting really focused on something to the exclusion of everything else (I say I hate it but it's so comfortable for me to be there).

I've been overeating a bit, too...although the last 2-3 days I've been more back to my normal self as far as that goes.

I know it's totally me and when I get into my own head like this it's hard to step out.

The one great thing that I can share: based on the Netflix thread we started watching Stranger Things. It is EXCELLENT. I liked it from the first episode, and I never say that. It usually takes me 2-3 episodes to like something "enough" to keep watching it.

Thanks guys.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Gypsy, oh no! I hate to hear about Duncan. I hope he is doing better tonight and they figure out what is going on with him. Scratch behind his ears for me. Good luck with the warranty people on your computer. That is great news you insurance is fixed and you can get your infusion this week. Yeah for silver linings!

Missy, my leftover pizza was great for lunch. I have some for tomorrow as well. I am glad to hear Sprite ate. I am sure she’ll adapt to her outdoor life again; the Soda gang has to be tough, right? And of course their guardian angel Missy is helping them out.

Junebug, simple pleasures can make a big difference in our day. We have this really heavy duty cookie sheet; I think the brand is Swiss Diamond and it bakes pizza perfectly. Marty bought us a pizza stone about 6 months ago and I think this pan does better. It makes the crust crispy on the bottom.

Kristie, yes Finn and Maggie have your heart in their furry little paws. Are they enjoying the heat?

CJ, sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed. When I get that way I try to focus on small, manageable pieces and work on them so I can check one or two things off my huge list. If I can’t buckle down and do that yet I try something that will make me laugh of cheer me up (silly videos or TV shows often help). One step at a time. I hope tomorrow looks better to you! Big hugs coming your way.

Had a busy day at work until about 2 then I was bored. Marty might be talking to a guy in Denver about a different job. It would be with the same company just a different job. Sounds like part of it could be sticky because they are trying to get in as vendors for my company (Marty’s former company) and some one in upper management is still having a cow about Marty coming in as a vendor. Sigh. He’s been gone more than 4 years now. Some other recruiter called him as well because of an old resume on DICE. He is calling him tomorrow. Nothing like potential change to get me all stressed and worried.

Marty never planned anything for supper so we went out to dinner. Both of us had burgers but of course I ate some fries and part of my bun. I swear that burger was over 1/2 pound; I ate about 1/3 of it then gave up and ate a bit more beef and a few fries. Too much food there.

We stopped at Bed, Bath and Beyond and Marty bought another skillet and I talked him in to getting some splatter guards (yeah) and then since I had a glass of wine with supper I did say “I’d be thrilled if you used a splatter guard and rinsed all of your dishes”. Ha!

Marty went to the grocery store a while ago and I opted to stay home; he said he spied with his little eyes a Cayenne in the parking lot. Darn it I would have gone with him if I’d known there was a Porsche sighting to be had.

Yesterday I checked out the distance from the Porsche factory to the docks where the get loaded to be shipped to the U.S. Figured the distance out and everything. The looked for images of Porsche on the docks there, watched videos of Porsche’s being loaded on the transporter ships. Yes, it’s true I am still anxious and excited.

Laters,
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, how are you feeling? How is your mom doing? Have you chosen a NH? I hope she is eating more and that you are getting rest and not too stressed out about everything and I hope Zoe gets to come home to you very soon! ((((HUGS)))).
We have decided to go with the name Shasta. It was a unanimous vote between the NIRDIs! SO that was an easy decision. Thank you all for weighing in with me on that.

Gypsy, that is wonderful news!!!! So happy your health insurance is back and you can get your infusion and hopefully start feeling 100% again. And also such great news about Duncan! And also so happy to had Lily is acclimating. Please send Duncan and Lily and all your furry crew big hugs from the Aunt Missy and big hugs going to you too.

Thank you for sharing your happy news and you really have made my morning which definitely started off not the best for me. I had a fitful night's sleep and woke up every single hour and then finally got out of bed at 4AM and I think it is because I cannot figure out how we can trap Dr Pepper who never ever shows up during the day and is only eating around 3AM in the morning. And on top of that since our time stamp on the security camera is off and we cannot fix it to be more accurate time wise we cannot be sure of the exact time. Greg wants to try trapping Dr Pepper in the middle of the night but the problem is it is a revolving door at the feeding station in the middle of the night and it would be almost impossible to catch Dr Pepper and not one of the others we have already trapped. And then there is the raccoon issue in the middle of the night and I am not eager for him to accidentally trap a raccoon. But mainly I am still concerned about Sprite who didn't show up at all yesterday or overnight again and I just don't want to take the food away from her after the ordeal she has been through. That Dr Pepper is a wily one and clever. Maybe too clever for us! ::)

CJ, (((HUGS))) and don't put pressure on yourself for feeling overwhelmed (that is a vicious cycle of course) and over eating for a few days. We have all been there and you are not alone. I totally get what you are feeling with being easily overwhelmed and then feeling badly about getting easily overwhelmed. It can be challenging getting out of one's own head at times but deep breaths and easy and happy distractions and you will get through it. Big hugs and sending good thoughts your way. Yes I also loved Stranger Things. We are now watching Friday Night Lights and I am surprised I like it. Minus the violent Football games however. But the storyline is good and captures the feeling of living in a small struggling town I think. Of course having never lived in a small town I am just guessing that is what it is like. :lol:

Marcy, haha we were doing car sightings during our bike ride yesterday becuase we are going to probably need a new car sooner vs later as our car is from 1998! But we are hoping Loofy (our car's name) holds strong for a good many years knock wood as we love Loofy and don't need the expense of a new car. However just in case we are starting to think about it. I mentioned to Greg abut your Porsche but he said it would be too expensive though he loves the handling on German cars. He said something like that. We need a big enough car to hold 4 cat carriers and a few bins when we go shopping at Costco and also large enough to hold wood and stuff for Greg's woodworking projects. I want the smallest car that will do that job however and I would like it to be pretty too and my problem is I am not a fan of SUVs in general as most of them look blobby to me. But Greg is set on needing the size it offers. I asked him if a large MiniCooper would fit all our stuff and he said no it wouldn't. He is being difficult. :lol:

I hope it works out just the way you guys want it to with Marty's potential new job and that whatever happens is an improvement.

We have been enjoying the time off and cycling every day. Yesterday the temps were perfect. I had some fun with a window on the Asbury boardwalk yesterday and took a couple of quick pics as we were cycling by a reflective window on the boardwalk. Not the best quality but hey we were cycling. I am not usually sitting like that but I was trying to get the photo so that's how I had to do it as we were cycling. Sorry it's blurry but I thought it was a fun pic to share.

Please keep Sprite in your continued good thoughts. :pray: I am upset she didn't show up at all yesterday or overnight last night. As I told Ann above all else we want to do NO harm. If trapping her and keeping her at Ann's for a few months so she could nurse her babies and then spaying her traumatized her to the point where she starves to death because she refuses to come here and eat I don't know how I can make peace with the fact we ruined her life or even continue doing the TNR. Sorry I don't want to be overly dramatic but I am just sharing exactly how I am feeling. Please let Sprite be OK.

Thank you for listening as always and have a great day girls :wavey:

tandemreflectionasburyboardwalk.jpeg

tandemreflectionasbury.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls -

Missy, I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed about the feral situation, trapping and trying to care for these kitties does come with challenges, that's for sure. We are always here to listen, and I hope sharing your feelings brings you some comfort. I wish I could do more. I don't know, maybe trying to trap Dr. Pepper at night is worth a try, even though there are factors against it being successful. I'm keeping Sprite in my thoughts and I think she is going to be ok. You did see her eating at the feeding station, so that's a good sign. I'm wondering if there's someone in the area who's also feeding the ferals, it's very possible she's getting food from somewhere else. I'm thinking when she gets hungry enough she will make an appearance. Try not to feel guilty about anything, Sprite's kittens were born in a safe environment and don't have to live the life of a feral cat and that counts for a lot. Big hugs to you, try to remind yourself you are doing your best in a very difficult situation.

My mother is still at the rehab center and still not doing well, she is barely eating and drinking, and is extremely tired all the time and physically weak. All she wants to do is sleep. Oddly, she has a slightly alert period for a few hours in the evening and is willing to play Bingo for an hour. It's good that she is entertained and stimulated for a bit but it's a little surreal too. It's confusing that on one hand she doesn't seem to want to live but is interested in playing Bingo, kwim? I called the social worker and a meeting has been set up for today to discuss her condition and future plans. In hindsight I think that was a dumb move on my part because my dh is out of the country until Thursday, and then going to SC and will be gone through the weekend and I need his signature on paperwork in the event my mother is released from rehab before then. I probably should have rode out a few more days before scheduling this conference but I forgot his schedule. But being in limbo like this is stressing me out. I'm thinking he can fly home early, and I'm hoping these facilities will be willing to work with me. We do have a NH picked out but the rehab center she's in also has a long term care unit and I'm wondering if it's better to just keep her here, an easier move so less traumatic. There are financial considerations to all of this as well, which is a whole other story, so I'm not sure if that will work out but I'm going to inquire about it.

I'm doing ok, just feeling very worn out. Trying my best not to get overwhelmed and just take one step at a time. The past few months have been crazy to be honest, between the whole thing of moving my mother to my house and all the stress involved with that, and now this current situation. At this point I just want to get her settled in a permanent place, having things so up in the air is starting to get to me. Thanks for asking, and for thinking about me!

I'm glad you're managing to have some fun at the beach and enjoying some good bicycle rides. Please try to relax as much as you can and I hope you can keep your stress level down as much as possible. Believe me, I know this is much easier said than done.

Gypsy, your update really lifted my spirits and I'm so glad things are starting to fall into place and looking up a little for you. I needed to hear some good news lol. It's great that Duncan seems to be on the mend, and I'm happy that things seem to be working out with Lily. Most of all it's good to hear you're feeling a little more positive and feeling better emotionally. Hang in, and hugs to you, I'm keeping you in my thoughts.

CJ, sorry you're feeling overwhelmed, life has a way of doing that to us, doesn't it. Sending good thoughts that you're in a better frame of mind soon.

Marcy, thanks for the tip on the cookie sheet, I'm going to give it a try, I have trouble getting the bottom of the pizza crispy enough. Lol to the splatter guard, I have the same issue with my son - he cooks steak in a skillet on the stove, which is fine, but omigosh he makes such a mess! I've got him using a splatter screen now and it does help, so hopefully you can get Marty on board with it too.

I hope everyone has the best day possible, thinking of you all!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, those bike and window photos are cool. One would make a great art piece.

June, when you said your Mom had a few good hours in the evening I recalled that people who are depressed often feel best in the evening. I know doctors sometimes use Ritalin for depressed older people. My Dad was on it for a while and it helped. He would have been on it longer, but my Mom stopped giving it to him for some silly reason. [maybe she wanted him to sleep all day?? lol]

Rushing between having just spent the morning in the barn with the farrier and heading for my dentist, an hour away.

Later!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics, Missy!!! Way cool 8-)

CJ, I have those overwhelmed times myself. I hate them. For me they coincide with something I'm procrastinating over. I'm learning to say "No" to stuff I don't want to do instead of saying yes and that helps the whole thing. I hope you feel more tip-top as the weekend comes around.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, thank you so much for your input…ironically I just found out today that the doctor decided to put my mother on an anti-depressant - it's worth a try at this point, not much to lose right now.

I hope your trip to the dentist went ok!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1470774663|4063993 said:
Jimmianne, thank you so much for your input…ironically I just found out today that the doctor decided to put my mother on an anti-depressant - it's worth a try at this point, not much to lose right now.

I hope your trip to the dentist went ok!

Fingers crossed that this will be really helpful for your Mom!

Good dentist visit : )
Especially with that side trip to Trader Joe's lol

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, thank you for the Cayenne pictures today. Tell Greg the Macan is the poor man’s Porsche so when you are shopping for your new car not to rule them out. The S model starts at about $47,000. I had a station wagon when we first got married and I loved the convenience of it. I’ve wanted an SUV for quite a while because of the deep snow in our neighborhood. I love Mini Coopers. They are great looking cars. I don’t think anyone called or talked to Marty today about jobs; he didn’t offer up anything so I’m not asking. I hope Sprite comes back to eat soon. I am sure she finds food other places too. You didn’t ruin her life, you gave her a chance for a better life and somehow she has to know that your safe haven gave her a place to call home. Plus her babies won’t have to live the same life she has; that is a great gift to her and them. Love the reflection pictures of the two of you riding your bike.

Junebug, sorry to hear your mom continues to be weak and not interested in food. That is pretty amazing she perks up a bit for bingo in the evening. I wonder if she’d be more receptive to food then? How did the meeting with the social worker go? I definitely understand you want to know what is going on and make decisions instead of feeling unsure and uncertain about what’s next. The NH in the same facility sounds like an easy move for her. I remember how unsettling and helpless you feel dealing with this and I sure wish I could help make things easier for you. So much of it is out of your control but that doesn’t make it any easier. Try to get some rest and time for yourself every day. Too funny your son cooks like Marty. At least they are good cooks then. Based on what the stove looks like tonight I don’t think the splatter guard was utilized today but the dishes were rinsed better than usual. Is there hope?

Kristie, when is jury duty again?

Jimmianne, yeah for a good dentist visit!

Work was full of the usual assortment of ups and downs. I had some M&M’s though so that helped me through the day. Ha!

Marty didn’t say squat during supper about talking to anyone today about jobs or work so I didn’t ask.

I saw cool lightning coming home today but it’s only windy here I doubt we get any rain.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. Woo hoo!

Don’t worry we will get through life one day at a time. Us NIRDI’s stick together!

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results