shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I'm sending you love and hugs and every good vibe I can think of.
Please do not despair. This is such a difficult time, but you are giving things your all and are a good, good daughter.

I'm sorry to not visit here as often now, but I do read all your posts in emails. My computer no longer supports Chrome, so I can't just click on a link anymore and be here instantly.
There is no news here, to speak of. It's terribly hot and dry and I stay indoors most of the time. Things are good today. I may get Pom-the-horse home on Friday
& my DD is home from France for 6 weeks and doing OK, but very homesick for her home there
& I think I've caught most of the mice that moved in while I was away
& the AC guys just left after repairing both mini-splits in the additions...cool, dehumidified air for pets and pool!

My young friend's Mom is coming on Saturday and staying with me. yikes. a guest! She's a NY banker who is not very "casual" :errrr:
I am having fun pretending to be a hotel and making a nice space for her. The dogs and their hairs have been relegated to one end of the house for the rest of the week and are not too happy.
I'm trying to connect with all my friends here but feeling more and more disconnected as my thoughts are with my new home far away.
It is something to work on and I've been reading blogs by people who live in two places that are separated by many miles. I feel kind of up on the air right now and have learned that it is normal. It's a major shift from being happy in my little nest here and wanting to garden and decorate, to wondering where "home" really is and not caring so much about taking care of things here.
I guess it is one of those "first world" problems, but it is quite unsettling to be stuck in NC with the blues for France. And also not knowing where my DD will end up. It is one of the oddest, most unsettling times of life I have ever had.
So, that's all to report. I wish I had something more exciting to offer!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I'm sorry your infusion is late, that stinks. You are a trooper, you're getting yourself out of the house each day, you're hanging on, you're taking care of John too, and that's all you can do when so many things are sources of frustration!!! I think you're doing really well, and honestly what MORE could you expect of yourself considering????? Keep going, girlfriend!!!!! I remember being smacked down when I broke my leg/knee and also menopause and honestly, the perimenopause stuff was worse than a fractured leg. Brain fog, mood swings in short periods of time, body doing strange stuff, and NO SLEEP. OMG. I can't "see" you so I can't know if you might be in the perimenopause zone but recent studies show that perimenopause gets started a lot sooner than "they" originally assumed. Big big dust for your interviews and getting the infusion ASAP :wavey:

Missy, I'm assuming the cablevision fix is going to work and work well!!! That Zeke, heehee, he wasn't in the mood for beauty/maintenance, sounds like Bob, I can never get him to do much on appearance :lol:

Junie, it drove me NUTZ when the MAs at the assisted living facility my grandparents lived in would tell me/my mom EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. that my grandmother wasn't eating! Yes, we know! We talked to her doc and the dietitian. They told us you cannot make a person eat, particularly a person in the throes of extreme old age (she was in her 90s). I also think nature is at play here, when your activity level is super slowed you don't NEED to intake lots of calories. I'm glad she'll drink some Ensure, June, we did those with my grandma too. It got to the point with the medical assistants that I asked the supervisor to please have them stop telling us my grandmother was not eating, it made me not want to go visit her because it was like they were waiting for me so they could pounce on me at the door with it. It was the same thing with all the changes that come with end of life, they'd pounce right on me with the bad news du jour, all of it with nothing to be done about it so pointless other than to upset me and my mom. I felt like they enjoyed it, frankly, upsetting my mom and then walking off. Oy.

Marcy, that's grand jury that you get picked for a long period of time but I think you meet once every so often, not every damn day til the lawyers settle or you have to generate a verdict. I'm going to google How To Not Get Picked For Jury Duty. Maybe if I'm dressed very inappropriately????

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, no stress about posting. Just post when you feel like it. And you most definitely don't need to be happy to post here! Many hugs to you! I think you are doing a good job, both by trying to get out of the house every day and by continuing to do the job interviews!Good things will (!!) happen! They just take an enormously irritating long time some times!

Jimmianne, I think it's OK to have two homes - and you can't really get rid of us at least what ever time zone you're in :) More seriously, I'm very happy that both DD and Pom are home soon :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Gypsy, I am so sorry your health insurance is messed up and you can’t get your infusion. I hate to hear you are sore and hurt plus are feeling down. It is so hard to get out of such a dark and deep place but I am glad you are making yourself at least get out once a day. Sometimes I can help turn the corner by making myself have a good cry or go the other direction and watch videos that make me laugh. I hope things start looking better for you. I am sorry to hear John is having health issues as well. When it rains it pours, huh? Sending dust your way.

Missy, of course Tommy and Bobby wanted to get in on the action. I guess I didn’t notice we couldn’t post videos on PS. I rarely take them but I like to watch them. I should have tried one with the Thunderbirds today but I always forget the screen on a digital camera is pretty much unusable in bright sunlight. I got a few shots with my camera but not great ones. My stomach is fine today. They were out of BB pancakes when I went through the line but I had an apple on instead. It was tasty as well. I hope the cable company got everything fixed for you today.

Polished, I am so sorry about Tigerlily. Hugs to you! I know how sad that is to deal with. How sad the dogs missed her too.

Junebug, I am glad to hear things went okay with the social worker. I am sorry to hear your mom doesn’t want to eat. Maybe take her one of her favorite things when you go see her to see if she’ll at least nibble on it. Hopefully something will eventually appeal to her and she’ll eat some more food. That is nice the rehab center is close to you; I know going back and forth to visit takes a lot of time so I am glad it doesn’t take long to get there. My stomach is fine today, thank you. Marty enjoyed seeing a few people during the Thunderbird show today. Traffic is crazy here in town though; he got there late because of the traffic. I am glad your EC ring does kind of cheer you up. It is so pretty I can see why. Sorry you have to make some more difficult decisions about your mom and whether to move her yet to the NH. I wish things like this were easier but it just plain sucks. Just an idea - my parents drank instant breakfast instead of ensure; it tasted better and the doctor said it had the nutrition and vitamins in it anyway. I didn’t go check out the remount sale; I know I’d spend money if I went and I am trying to save money for the deposit on my Porsche.

Jimmianne, I hate to hear DD is homesick for France. I hope you guys have a lovely time while she is home though. Good deal Pom may be coming home Friday. I am glad you have caught most of the mice. Ugh to that. I can understand kind of feeling in limbo right now wondering about having two homes and maybe eventually deciding where home might be; that is going to be a tough choice but you will eventually know what feels right to you.

Kristie, that is awful the MA’s would pounce on you as you walked in the door to visit your grandparents. I don’t get people sometimes. Oh that’s right about the grand jury. Marty was in the pool for that one time. They meet once a month and switch between here and Casper (which is an awful drive in the winter). Marty was down to one of three to be picked for the last slot. He luckily was not picked. My sister has a list of things she says works but I can’t recall a single one of them. Good luck!

Scandi, I hope you are having a quiet day. You deserve it.

I am sorry so many of the NIRDI’s are having some challenging and rough times. I hope things look better and brighter for you every day.

I like our local holiday. We had a pancake breakfast at work while the Thunderbirds were performing. I had an apple pancake and a few eggs. I only reviewed reports for today through Wednesday so I could get my work done on time. Marty came out and watched the show and talked to a few of his friends at work.

I left at noon and was going to go shopping but the town has way too many tourists in it so I stayed home. Marty is out playing golf but a thunderstorm alert just came out so he may be home soon (or drinking).

Babysitting report: I have 2 ladies who are so childish - they keep snitching on each other. So the one lady interrupts ALL the time and I keep finding her hovering over people and butting in so I told her to please refrain from doing that. She naturally argued with me she doesn’t do that so I gave her some examples and she kind of says “okay”. So this morning I get an instant message from her telling me the other lady keeps interrupting her. I said okay. I tell you putting 5 people in about a 12 x 18 foot room just isn’t a good idea.

I am watching Tommy Boy. Chris Farley was so funny.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Polished, I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Tiger Lily. How wonderful you got to share so many loving years with her. I think your dogs are mourning her too and they know she isn't there anymore and miss her too. Tiger Lily is at Rainbow Bridge now with all our beloved fur babies keeping each loving company and they are at peace. I know you have many wonderful memories of her and she will always be in your hearts. Hugs to you and your sweet dogs.

Junie, I am glad the social worker was helpful but I am so sorry you are going through all of this and of course it is overwhelming. Know you are doing everything possible to give your mom the best quality of life. She has an amazing support system in you and your family and never doubt that you are doing the best for her. Deep breaths and one day at a time Junie when life is overwhelming. It is easier said than done but we get it and know how stressful your life is right now and you are going to be OK. You are providing the best care and life you can for your mom and need to remember to take care of yourself no matter what. If only because if you don't take care of yourself who is going to be there for your mom the way you are? But of course you need to take care of yourself for many more important reasons ( for you, your dh, your children) but I share the reason that perhaps will resonate the most with you. Take care of yourself for your mom's sake. And please don't worry about posting here OK. Only share here if you want to...we all keep in touch with you outside of here and this is only a place to share when you feel like sharing. No pressure and no stress here. This is our soft place to fall and get lots of comfort and support. Sending your mom healing vibes and you peace of mind and as always big (((hugs))) and much love.

Jimmianne, oh no to no more Chrome support. We miss you posting here but glad to hear things are going smoothly with Pom and your DD and I hope you have a good visit with your young friend's mom this weekend. Yes the 2 home blues is something I get and something I analyze a lot. I know they are first world problems but sometimes (for me) I think it is time to move ahead to one home because it is a whole lotta headache right now maintaining 2 homes and the expenses are getting out of hand. Our parking garage here is going up to $500 a month starting September. That is crazy. I could lease a whole new car for that and still have money left over. This is just to park our car. And they just raised it a few months ago too. There are no limits and they can just keep raising it. Yay for your AC working and hope you have a nice visit with your friend's mom and hugs to your DD and Pom and you.

Marcy, OMG I cannot believe grown women/adults behave this way. I would have lost it. I am sorry you are still dealing with this nonsense. Glad you had a short day yesterday and enjoyed the show and the food. Apple pancakes sound pretty darn delicious. I cannot remember the last time I had pancakes or waffles or french toast. When I was little I loved these breakfast foods. Hope the rest of your workweek goes smoothly without any foolish people making life at work more difficult.

Kristie, I hope you don't get picked for Jury Duty. Any developments regarding this issue? Ugh I cannot believe they give you a dress code. That is nuts. Was it an Ally McBeal episode (wow that brings back memories lol) where a potential juror took something ridiculous out of his briefcase and began eating it and of course he was not picked for jury duty. I am sure I got that all wrong as I watched that so many years ago but you get the idea. If crazy helps use it. :lol:

Hi Scandi, I love your photos too and always look forward to them. How is your dad doing?

Yesterday was stressful but not life altering stressful and of course doesn't compare to what some of our NIRDIs are dealing with and I am just sharing it here as a diversion and also because I am sure some of you can relate to this nonsense sadly.

Cablevision gives you a 3 hour window and they came late. Supposed to be there b/w 8-11AM and showed up after Noon. And I am too exhausted to go into details but suffice to say he had a different (and 3rd) opinion/diagnosis as to what was wrong. By the time he got down to actually replacing the cable (after trying to figure it out again instead of just replacing it like the appointment was supposed to be for) it was too late (1:30 PM) as Greg had a work CC that he had to take (at 3PM) and we couldn't trust the Cable guy to work unsupervised. So he only got to replace 2 of the cables. Internet and living room TV. So we still have some of the inferior cables and we are reluctant having them come back to replace those because it is such a hassle. Nothing is simple.

Time will tell if the problem is actually fixed though as it was/is an intermittent problem. Fingers and toes crossed because this was the 3rd Cablevision visit in ONE week. Oy. But last night it was working and we watched a cute movie on Netflix called Mr Nobody with Jared Leto. We liked it very much. Insightful and about having too many choices in life. Ha, sounds a bit like all our lives now right?

Have a good day NIRDIs and sending you big hugs. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess my problem with two homes is that I don't like my life here. I'm almost 70 and maintain a working farm. There is so much landscaping that I have to mow, weed, trim hedges daily and clean the barn every day. The work is never-ending.
It's so much work that I've had people turn down the job, and at one point in desperation I tried a commercial service but it was $400 a week, so I just do what I can but I hate it. The place gets less manicured each year [thus the copperhead in the barn and the mice in the house]. It was such a relief to start thinking about spending time in France, but I can't go there very often. With 5 horses and 4 dogs [and Sam & Puff!] I have to keep the place here for them to live and every time I travel the sitters, one for house and one for barn, are $120 a day.
I wanted to go for the house closing end of August but could not find sitters. So I am here, unhappy, wishing I could be somewhere else. It is not a happy attitude to have. It is literally making me ill and giving me something in myself I have to work on. It's as though my life is over here but I can't leave. Even before France I was so over this place. At least a new "door" has opened even if I can't walk through it yet.
It's funny to think now that a farm was my life-long dream.haha
So-the end of whining, I just wanted to explain that it's not just having two houses that is the problem. If they were closer and I could go back and forth perhaps it would be better.

Missy, those garage fees are awful. It's crazy-expensive in NYC. I wish someone would invent a car rental service where you are always signed up and just make one call to get a car.
I'm sure with your cable problems you are not too happy with your house right now!

AZ, I hope you don't get picked either! Can you google things to say so they won't choose you?

Hi to ALL :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, yes the long distance b/w your homes and the back breaking work of running a farm, even a gentle woman's farm such as yours (at any age let alone almost 70) is too much a chore to bear and perhaps it is time for a change. Change, the only certainty in life (besides death which is the ultimate change) and it is rarely easy this change. A difficult decision and one that you must take your time to make. You will realize the right and the best path for you in time. Sending you clarity and peace for that decision to make itself clear. Hugs.

Lightening up the mood for a moment I'm sharing a pic Greg sent me yesterday. So precious and sweet and just freakin adorable. Makes my heart just melt. :love:

_5013.jpeg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Guys:

Hey Marcy, I did Google things to say/do/wear to not get picked for jury duty and I'm ready!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: When August 22nd gets close I'll be back asking for Repellant Dust :lol: I'd super love to wear some weird ass outfit just for the shock value of it.

Jimmianne: Time to get out from under the responsibilities of the farm? I've been in awe of you with the farm, I assumed it was costly and difficult to maintain a farm as a single woman. There's no shame in looking at the life you want and making changes to get it. I'm 57 and I'm sick and tired of being held hostage by dogsitters and unsolvable veterinary problems. I pay $135/night for the Westie sitter and that is only if they feel like doing it. So I feel ya here, boy do I. Bob retires most likely in 4-5 years and I anticipate selling this house ASAP and taking off for the next adventure. If I had my way we would not buy again, we would rent. I don't want to be tied to any place/any house.

The happiest time of my life was when I quit my job in California, sold pretty much everything except my clothes, books and music, and moved to Alaska. I'd like to do it again before its too late!!!

Missy, great pic of Frankie and her minions, heehee!!! Glad to hear the TV is back on chez Missy :appl:

Polished, so sorry to hear of Tigerlily. I'm so glad she had you and her amazing life with you. I love your anecdote about your goldies, they gave her their best props when they realized she was gone. Goldies are very loyal dogs and very sweet. They did ask me to say that you *could* toss them some yummy cat food every now and then????? :lol: You know, like raising a glass to the dear departed!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I'm so sorry. I guess I just thought that you were stressed about not having enough time for each house - I did not consider that you were not happy. Please forgive me. I guess it never occurred to me that you were not happy with the farm, because (don't laugh now..) I have always wanted one. With horses, that is. Not with mowing. :wall: That must be tiresome! First, let me tell you how amazing you are for having done such a huge effort with the farm! You are working so hard on that place, don't feel it is not enough. I do know that much about farming - it is never enough. Kind of the problem, I guess. And then please forgive me for putting my fot (or nose or whatever the expression is) where it has no business to be - here, a lot of people rent out their farms, but with a much lower rent than normal if the people who rent it do all the farm work :) Probably not a good idea, just had to mention it. Many hugs!!! (Or you can "kidnapp" DD and her BF and make them run it for you whilst you enjoy France, haha!)

Hope you have a lovely "being a hotel" experience, I do love to have guests every now and then - at least easy going guests, lol.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I love the “cats” picture. That is so perfect. I like what you said about this is our soft place to fall. Very well put. Holy cow to raising your parking fee $500 a month; that is higher than my worst case scenario for how much my car payment is going to go up. The “children” actually behaved at work today. Neither one of them tattled on the other. I am going to check our limited elearn courses and see if there is a conflict management course I can assign them. Ha! Mm French toast sounds good. We have (or used to) have something like that on the weekends sometimes. I bought eggo waffles the other day so I can have some on the weekend sometime. No way am I making a batch of waffles for just me. Ugh to how the cable company upgrade went. Rats they only got 2 cables replaced.

Jimmianne, I can well imagine how much work and upkeep your place requires. I am sure your work is never done. It sounds like hiring help is difficult and often very costly. I know my sister and BIL who have a farm with lots of acreage work from 6 am till after dark usually 7 days a week. They are both near 70 and their 2 daughters are engineers and live in Texas. I often wonder when they’ll sell the family farm. I think he is 3rd generation there. It sounds like you have a lot of thinking and pros / cons to work through and decide what you want to do. Our dreams definitely change. My advice is to always follow your gut; you’ll eventually decide what is your happy place and home wherever it may be. There is definitely no rush, just let those thoughts stew in the back of your mind and bring them out for air now and then.

Kristie, I am glad google has you prepared to “not be picked” for jury duty. You have plans for when Bob retires. Marty wants to be somewhere he can play golf all the time. I guess I’m not much of a future planner. I will be happy with a comfortable home, sapphires and teddy bears.

Scandi, I am sure your cabin-mountain home is a lot of work too. Heck regular houses are a lot of work. Like my front door that has sun coming through it right now is filthy again. Looks like I never wash it.

At work today I shoved my earplugs in after printing all my reports this morning and ignored the world. Ha! I listened to quite a few Frasier episodes; Niles and Frasier are so childish. It reminded me of my employees. This afternoon I worked on illustrated / screen shot procedures. I think this should be so easy the Killer Rabbits could do the work. They’d probably behave better too.

We split a tenderloin for supper. I had some cucumbers and baked potato and Marty had rice. He made us another bowl of strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. What a guy!

ETA: The blue towel in the background is our solar scope. It's part of our "living room". :bigsmile:
Have a great evening!
Marcy

_37907.jpg

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the kind words on the passing of our Tigerlily. Azstonie - funny you should mention yummy cat food and the goldies in one breath. A few weeks ago I'd got a large stock of Tigerlily's favourite food when I saw it on special. I remember having the thought, go through my mind, that I hoped she would live long enough to eat it all; which was slightly strange because there was no sign, at the time, that she was in imminent danger of losing her life. So now there's a large selection of fancy cat food, plus a large container of cat renal kiblets looking for a good home. The boys will demolish it all with not quite the same delicate finesse as the little being it was intended for.

My youngest daughter is in Berlin at the moment and she appears to be having the time of her life in the city that boasts of being the vegan capital of the world. However she rang last night upset that a hundred euros had be stolen from her bag. Does anyone have any suggestions - a money belt sounds like a better way to go to me.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished, hi.
Your DD might want to get a travel neck pouch. I have a Pacsafe from Amazon and carry my money, credit cards and passport. I wear it under my clothes. It is quite thin and lightweight, but made of material that blocks your cards from being scanned. She can probably get one just about anywhere. How disheartening for her to have money stolen!

Thanks for all the kind words about the farm. I think this is the age when many people start to question the lifestyle. If not for my horses I could sell now but must wait for the elderly ones to pass on. Time will tell! It helped to talk about it, so thanks.

Marcy, at least mine is not a family farm of many generations! It must be tougher that way, perhaps with a pressure to keep things going to keep up the tradition. Those rabbits still look very unsettling to me, even after a couple of years of seeing their photos. Darn, I thought you had a rabbit trap under the towel : (

Scandi, you are always helpful! I love seeing the photos of your beautiful country. I just watched a movie filmed up & over your way and the scenery was so stunning as to be almost surreal. I hope to visit there someday. How are your logs? I hope it's resolved now [that I just missed the post about it].

AZ, I know exactly what you mean. My happiest times have been traveling with a backpack with nothing but essentials. I hope you DO get to do that again. Even a vacation trip without luggage is a great feeling. I just realized - oh! it's called LUG-gage. I don't want to LUG anything.

Missy, I know it must be sweltering up your way. Does this feel like the hottest summer ever?! All those kitty eyes in the photo! Very cool. Kind of brings to mind the "four and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie" song. Of course we would never put our kitties in a pie! :errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's a rainy dreary Friday morning but hey it's Friday so yay for that.

Jimmianne, yes it is going to be another unfavorable weather weekend. Our cycling action is being cut short this summer either due to heat or rain and it is shaping up to be a disappointing riding season. Oh well. We enjoy it when we get to bike ride and when we don't we enjoy other activities. Forcing me to not be so obsessive about riding. LOL. Yes the farm is back breaking work but I guess you need to arrive at a decision that brings you peace and when you are ready you will know what to do. It is a dilemma about your horses but I am confident you will find the best solution. Just thinking out loud here...that young couple who is renting from you-is there any possibility at some future point they might want to buy the farm and take care of the horses and other farm animals? Puff told me he wants to come visit me and perhaps stay for an extended visit. :lol: And yes I thought the same thing about the blackbirds baked in a pie song when I saw that pic Greg sent me and that I shared with you girls. Haha indeed. :bigsmile:

Marcy, I am relieved for you that your employees behaved themselves yesterday and I think an educational course on how to behave and manage conflict is a brilliant idea. LOL to how Marty set the table last night. Those rascal killer bunnies. :lol: Hugs to the teddy bears. They are very good natured. Did Marty have brown rice? Do you guys like Quinoa? It is very nutritious and a good substitute for rice. Lots of health benefits. I love cucumbers. Especially in a crisp fresh salad. Yummmy. :lickout:

Yes sometimes the cost of living here makes me question my decision to stay here for as long as I want to. Even though we own the apartment our maintenance goes up at least 5% every year and you can imagine how much that ends up being since I have been in this building for 21 years now. It isn't cheap living here yet I am reluctant to leave. You know that saying about making plans and how the universe laughs because we cannot control things. Well that's sort of where I am. What ends up happening will determine our best course of action and we cannot control it all. So adapting and making the best of every situation is all we can do and while I would love to stay here forever it is more important to have our time together than any material possessions including both homes.

However I am the opposite of Kristie in that sense I think. Because I love having my home to do with what I want and not worry about having to leave because the landlord wants to do something else with it. I bought my first home in my twenties and I would do it all over again if I had the chance to relive that time.

Kristie (though I already told you it's worth mentioning again) and any other horror movie fans. Greg and I watched a good movie last night on Netflix. We Are What We Are. Very good. Don't read anything about it before you watch however as all the reviews ruin the surprise. That was annoying but I didn't ruin it for Greg and let him find it out as we watched it. I do all the research on what movies we watch and sometimes the reviews ruin the surprise but what can you do. How else can I determine which movies have potential. Just wish they wouldn't do that in reviews yanno? I am not forgetting your movie rec this time and maybe we will see it this weekend.

Greg had 2 conference calls last night and the second one started at 10PM EST and lasted more than an hour. It is great that he can do these calls from home if necessary but it is annoying that they have to do calls so late. But at least we got to watch this movie in between the calls LOL.

Polished, oh no, sorry about your DD's money being stolen and thank goodness she wasn't harmed in any way. Do they still make travelers checks? I remember when I was traveling through Europe on my own that is what I used but that was decades ago. I like Jimmianne's suggestion of a travel neck pouch. A travel belt sounds bulky. I hope your daughter is still enjoying her time there and not letting this upset her. (((Hugs))).

Junie, how is everything going? Any updates on your mom?

Have a good Friday girls! :wavey:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Short post today but wanted to at least check in and say hello.

So nice to meet you too LLJsmom.

I hate "parties" or "large gatherings". Especially when people are just standing around drinking. If it's a dinner party (and not too large) and depending on who's there I can enjoy those because it's more centered around conversation.

I'd love to say I'm not scared but that wouldn't be completely true for me, in the sense that I often find myself feeling anxious that I'm either talking too much, talking too little, not being funny enough, or trying to be funny or witty.

But...that can sometimes happen to me one on one if I don't feel comfortable with the person or the conversation is centered around small talk. So it's really the small talk I'm realizing.

And retreating...yes, a must...always must have a way to retreat. :bigsmile:

I really love your THIS DAY philosophy. I'm going to try to incorporate it into my life.

azstonie please PLEASE post a picture of yourself wearing your weird a$$ outfit :lol:

june I am so glad to hear that nothing I had said made you feel like you had to explain yourself. Continuing to think of you and your mom and all the tough decisions you need to make. For me, it's a comfort to just come in here and read how you guys are doing and connecting with that even if I don't post every day.

gypsy thinking of you

And of course lovely missy and her kitties (love all those pictures and the ones of Greg being a cat dad!), rainwood, marcy (love those bunny pictures haha), polished and too patient (hello and welcome!), scandi and jimmianne (your farm sounds like so much work :blackeye: even though I'm sure it's lovely. I live in a small house and sometimes I don't feel like the energy to clean or do anything.) calliecake, and anyone else I may have missed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ we are more alike than you know. I loathe large parties and gatherings. Give me one on one or two on two or small groups and real conversation where I can just be myself and not worry about "fitting in" etc. You are not alone and many of the NIRDIs I suspect feel the same way. (((HUGS))).

Kristie, I second CJ's request for a pic of you wearing your weird a** outfit. LOL pretty please! :lol:

Just arrived to beach house and guess what? Greg said let's go for it. A ride. It is sprinkling lightly and looks like it may clear up for a few hours so WOOHOO! :appl:

Have a good afternoon girls! :wavey:

Here's a selfie from this morning's ride. The princess sits in my lap taking it all in. 8-)

frankieduringthismorningscarridetobeachhouse.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy

I have a feeling that if all the NIRDIs got together there would be so much talking and laughing and sharing that to an OUTSIDER looking in, they'd think we're a bunch of extroverts! :lol:

LOVE to hear that you're going for a ride!

Enjoy!

ETA just saw the picture of Frankie! (is that what you call her?) adorable.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, :lol: :lol: :lol: , I gotta say this: I love BIIIIIIIG parties with tons of people and lots of dancing! I feel no need to make intelligent and witty repartee longer than a few seconds :appl: Its gettin' down with your bad bad self, meeting new faces, feeling the music, and then heading home to hopefully eat cold pizza before bed :love: I guess I'm still a college student at heart. :roll: I do like keeping things light whenever possible, its true. I'm not superficial but I'm like Mary on Downton Abby: When you let every feeling you have out, how on earth do you ever get them back in?

Polished, I just bought a RIFD wallet on Amazon, it has a place for your passport, credit cards, and money. I can wear it around my neck or loop it to a pants belt loop and flip it over to be worn inside next to your skin (someone would have to dig it out and presumably you'd feel that). The RIFD aspect is very important, people have scanners in airports and malls etc and they can get your passport and credit card specifics by aiming the scanner (in a briefcase or backpack or computer bag) at your purse or suitcase. You never know it. I hope your DD doesn't feel too creeped out by the experience, that is hard especially when you are young and your worldview is not yet solid.

CJ, JA, and Missy: My weird-a$$ jury pool outfit is going to feature an aluminum foil chapeau, I know this for certain, and of course the aforementioned flip flops (they are super cute Vionics for crap's sakes, no one wears shoes in the summer in Phoenix). I did read that lawyers don't like science-y sorts so I'm going to hit my science background in environmental regulation superhard, superDUPERhard: The scientific standard of proof is much more rigorous than a mere LEGAL standard and I could never convict based on just legal standards.

That oughta do it right there.

Missy, girlfriend, if you ever get the chance to experience letting it all go I highly recommend it. HAHAHAHA, in your and Greg's cases, that might be having ONE house tethering you :lol: :lol: :lol: as opposed to no house!!! Jimmianne, here's to you and me getting the chance ONE MORE TIME before we shuffle off this mortal coil to experience it again. (We'll have our crap in a storage unit!!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Polished, it is strange the thoughts that run through our mind that turn out to be almost a premonition. I’ve had a few that kind of creeped me out. Again I am sorry about Tigerlily. I hate to hear about your daughter losing some money.

Jimmianne, I know you love your horses and they give you a lot of joy so hopefully that makes things a little easier for you. When the time is right you’ll know exactly what you want to do. I do wonder what my BIL will eventually do. His grandfather homesteaded there starting a wheat farm. Then his father bought more land to farm. My BIL majored in agriculture and taught for a few years but decided to quit and farm with his dad. My BIL bought more land and when he and my sister got married his parents had a modular built on their land and my sister and BIL took over the house. My BIL had a brother who died from melanoma and his sister (she was a friend of mine in college) has an inoperable cancerous brain tumor and not doing well. I think the farm land belongs to his mother (who is a assisted living home right down the street from us), to him and his sister. His sister has a son and daughter and I don’t see any of the kids moving back to Wyoming to farm. That is my sister who smashed off one of her fingers and severely damaged another finger. Maybe they will sell the farm and move to Texas where their girls live. Good idea to hide a rabbit trap under the towel. It has been a very hot summer.

Missy, Marty thinks he is funny all right. Yes Marty eats brown rice. He bakes it in the oven. It seems dry and crunchy to me but he likes it. We have not tried Quinoa but I bet Marty knows what it is. Thanks for the recommendation. Cucumbers, baby carrot and cherub tomatoes are my favorite raw veggies. I am sure the cost of living there is astronomical. You are so right about adapting and making the best of any situation. Our one day at a time certainly applies. I am definitely a home body and like having my own comfy place to life. Greg’s conference calls sounds like Marty’s; whatever is convenient. Marty’s job offer even had working “unsociable hours” in it. Good deal you got to go for a ride. Frankie is looking good.

CJ, we like the same parties. I am good in a small group sitting around the table. I do okay on game nights but hanging out drinking and standing around not so much. I worry about the same things whether I am talking too much, not enough, do I sound stupid, I must be boring all sorts of things. Ugh to cleaning house.

Kristie, you do sound like me during college - wow I have changed since then. I was terrified to meet you because I was very worried you wouldn’t like me. I am delighted you are still out there enjoying life and parties. I am better in a crowd where I know a lot of people but not so much if I don’t know anybody. I love Mary’s view on letting out your feelings. Glad you have your jury outfit and personality all worked out.

The day zipped by at work because I was really busy. We had a big hail storm move through town between 4 to 5 this afternoon. Marty said we had some golf ball sized hail here at the house but not much of it. I need to go check our flowers and see how they faired. Parts of town has baseball sized hail.

We had burgers for supper and some slow churned for dessert.

Marty is playing golf this weekend and heads to Dallas on Sunday. He is scheduled to be there through the 10th but says he is going to try and come home next Friday (only to play golf).

Any fun plans for the weekend?

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

screen_shot_2016-07-29_at_8.png

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone -

Missy, thanks for being so patient and understanding, I do feel I go on too much sometimes and thank you for being so gracious and nice about it - it does help to have your support and your concern for my situation is very comforting. You know, I actually felt much better after venting the other day, so I thank you (and all my nirdi friends) for giving me a safe place to share my thoughts and worries. Thanks for being here for me, and for keeping me in your thoughts. Everyone has been so great. My mother doesn't seem to be doing that well right now - she's not eating and it's making her very weak and tired. I have no idea what direction we're heading in - whether her appetite eventually improves and she starts doing better physically, or if she is just going to continue to decline. I've been trying to relax a little about it these past few days and just encourage her to sip on ensures throughout the day. You're right - running myself into the ground isn't good for me or anybody else in my life.

And unfortunately I can totally relate to how frustrating this whole cable situation is. I can feel my blood pressure rise when I deal with stuff like this. It is such a major pain dealing with this kind of thing, I hate it. It's such a huge hassle and I really hope you don't have any more problems with your tv and internet, and things work the way they should. :pray:

I love that pic of the kitties, it is SO adorable! And Francesca is such a pretty girl! :love: I'm glad you and Greg could squeeze in a bike ride.

Thank you for your words of support Jimmianne, they help so much. (((hugs)))

I hope all goes well with your friend's mother, I'm sure she will be comfortable in your home and enjoy her visit. I know I would love to hang out with you lol.

Big hugs to you my friend, I'm so sorry you're feeling unsettled, and unhappy with your current living arrangements - it's very hard when there is someplace you'd rather be and circumstances just aren't allowing that to happen. Running a farm is certainly a lot of work and it's understandable that you are feeling overwhelmed by it. I'm sending lots of thoughts of comfort and peace to you. I understand the issue with your horses and hopefully you can eventually figure out a way to at least spend more time in France. In the meantime, you have the support, love, and good thoughts of all your nirdi friends. I'm glad it helped just to talk about it. We are here for you.

Kristie, omg, the same thing is happening to me…the aides have been rushing to me as soon as they see me to tell me my mother isn't eating, and they say it in a way that infers I should be able to do something about it. I get that it's a big problem but nobody can force her to eat. My personal feeling is my mother is having some residual stomach discomfort from this bout of pancreatitis. Thanks for sharing your experience, it helps to hear from people who have gone through a similar thing.

And lol to your ideas on being released from jury duty! I think wearing plastic shoes might do the trick :cheeky: And yes, play that science card!

Marcy, thanks so much for your kind words, so nice to have support during a time like this. You have been such a comfort. And thanks for the suggestion of the Carnation instant breakfast, I'm going to pick some up and give it a try. Oops, sorry I tried to enable you to buy a new setting - yes, saving money for your new car takes precedence over bling right now! Although, maybe someday you can revisit buying that setting :devil: …I'm hopeless lol. And I know it's not funny to you but I couldn't help but laugh about the woman complaining about her coworker interrupting her, when she does the same thing to other people- I can't believe these are adults we're talking about! I love Tommy Boy, it's one of my favorite movies. And yes, Frasier and Niles are very similar to your employees. I love that show. And the pic of the killer rabbits getting ready to eat is just too funny! Made me laugh out loud!

Oh no Polished, so sorry to hear your daughter's money was stolen, I'm really glad she's ok and I hope this doesn't put a damper on the rest of her trip and she's feeling better now. Hugs to you, I know this incident has upset you as well. Jimmianne and Kristie's suggestions sound like good ideas.

CJ, thanks for the good thoughts! I am similar to you, I struggle with making small talk at times, both in large groups and sometimes even one on one. Attending business functions with my husband are the worst, most of the time I feel very awkward and I'm very quiet because I'm afraid I'll say something stupid. And then I start feeling self-conscious because I'm not saying anything! It's awful. Luckily I haven't had to go to any lately lol.

It's been a long day so I guess I'll get myself to bed. Good night to all! xox

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your thoughts on poor DD losing her money in Berlin. She's running to a budget so the money matters. Apparently she was absorbed by some street theatre and someone took the money from her top pocket. I've also passed onto her the suggestions for neckbags that some of you have tried. She has moved on from Berlin now and has made contact with the cousin she didn't know she had - the one who reached out to a TV show in the hope of finding some of her missing family. DD says she's lovely and there's a photo of them sitting at a cafe eating pancakes together. Scarce details except that they've been to see some street art and cousin's son looks stylish in Birkenstocks and striped socks!

Junie - what you're saying sounds all too familiar to me - going through this stage with your mother. I remember my mother in law needing to be fed. We would go in and the staff would also feed her. It's a tough time. I remember my husband used to get upset by the whole sadness of the situation. One thing he found very helpful was taking a daily walk up the hill with our two goldies. There was a freedom up there on his own - he could let emotions out and allow things to blow away. I hope there's something you can do that can help you with where you are right now. Also you might find it difficult sometimes to talk to people but you have traits that people love. There's thoughtfulness, diligence, sensitivity, kindness and a gentleness about you. Remember when you are in company that others don't necessarily have what you have, so don't deprive others of the gift that is you. I'll give myself the same advice. Lol.

Off to make an apple crumble, with added raspberries I hope, for a dinner we've been invited to tonight. I actually don't know how to make one, besides peel apples and boil them in water. My brother seems to add lots of yummy extras to his which make them taste yum. Off to explore some recipes on the internet. Actually hubs won't be coming. He's off to the Gay and Lesbian trivia quiz fundraiser for their choir tonight with his trivia friend. I remember last year we went and someone asked DH and his friend where they met. His friend said, "in jail, I was the one visiting". Neither of them seemed to cotton on that people thought they were a couple. Not that they would have cared but I was just a bit amused to be sitting there really superfluous to any needs.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello, everyone from an island in Denmark!

It's been hard to find a time to read and post, but I decided to grab a few minutes before we head out again.

It's funny that I chose Scandinavia because my sister can only travel in July and August and I don't like hot weather. We've had nothing but hot, muggy weather since we left! Oh, except for that hailstorm in Stockholm where the temperature dropped 30 degrees in a few minutes and the hail was the size of peas. Not fun in shorts!!! We are having a good trip overall despite the hot weather. We get a bit of a break from all the walking (averaging 6-10 miles a day) and I need to take a break from the sun. Missy, I thought of you because I got the same rash you did - PMLE as it turns out - can't remember what all the letters start for but it's basically your body rebelling from getting more sun than it's used to. It's not a sunburn, it's a rash and I have it on the lower part of one leg. No more shorts for me for awhile. Also had a few sleep problems when we were in Amsterdam but I got a prescription for Ativan and was able to get past it by the time we left.

I really enjoyed Stockholm, Scandi, wish we could have stayed longer. We loved Copenhagen too and go back there after the tour is over. The tour is actually quite nice although few hotels have had air conditioning and I'm glad they gave us a break from all the walking today. My feet and legs can use the rest.

I haven't had a chance to catch up with everyone's post, but Jimmianne, I'm sorry you feel trapped by the farm. I certainly understand that having so much daily responsibility is not how you want to spend your time anymore. I feel that way about my city house much of the time.

Junie, you are at a difficult time. Your mom not eating isn't at all unusual. My MIL eats like a bird anymore, and she has some supplement drink as well. My mom had a small appetite too and I figured that at her age she should be able to eat anything that appealed to her. If it was cookies for breakfast, so what?

Kristie, I like your philosophy of getting ready for your next adventure. I'm not sure I could give up all my stuff, but I do want to simplify a lot. That will be part of my focus when I get back.

Marcy, it sounds like you're managing your employees as best as you can.

Scandi, I hope you've been enjoying the beautiful weather.

Gypsy, sorry you are at such a low point.

CJ, LLJ, Sharon, and everyone else, hi!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Polished

Just saw your post. Street theater/entertainment is one of the main places pickpockets work because people are distracted. Even our tour guide warned us about that. I have a cross body bag with the zippers zipped toward me and whenever we passed by street entertainers I made sure I had a hold of the bag and camera. And mostly I didn't stop. I think everyone has a moment when they aren't paying attention and a pickpocket strikes. Your DD just needs to realize that street entertainment, public transport, etc. are where pickpockets are the busiest and she needs to be extra aware.

I don't think I'd use a neck wallet. Seems too awkward, same with a money belt. You just need to be aware of the high-risk moments and have your hand on your bag. And It should be a cross body bag and not a shoulder bag which are too easy to grab.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, I am so happy to hear from you and that you and your sister are enjoying your vacation despite the heat. Sorry PMLE (Polymorphic Light Eruption) struck you but once you get it the rash dissipates and you usually don't get it again that season. It is a once or twice per season rash so hopefully that is all you are dealing with and unlike me won't be getting a different mysterious rash for months to come.

Good for you averaging so many miles even in the heat. I am glad your shoes are proving to be comfortable and you are walking so much. What a gorgeous trip and I am sending you cool weather vibes for the rest of your travels. Oh no to pea sized hail. I know that hurts. But yay for temp drop of 30 degrees during it. See, I can see the positive side of it. :bigsmile:

I am glad you are sleeping better and enjoy the rest of your time away. I am hoping you took some photos because I would love to see the gorgeous scenery you are enjoying. Have fun and (((hugs))).

Junie, I am so sorry your mom is not eating. Thank goodness for Ensure and other caloric drinks that she finds more appetizing. We are here for you and it never gets to be too much for us to bear. Please lean on us and don't worry about burdening us with your sharing. It is not a burden but a privilege to be here for you honey. (((HUGS))). I am sending more healing vibes and good appetite wishes your mom's way.

Marcy, LOL that is funny. Thank you for sharing it. :lol: I think you would enjoy quinoa too. It is very tasty and easy to make and if you add beans you will have a complete protein. Quinoa has a nutty crunchy taste that is delicious IMO and nutritious. That is a good combo. Wow you had a hail storm too. I hate those things and always remember the time Greg and I got caught out on our bike during a huge hail storm. I still remember the pain of being pelted with those things and trying to find cover and riding home in the thunder and lighting and torrential downpours after the hailstorm passed. Not fun. Let's send anti-hail storm vibes to all the NIRDIs. Glad your workday sped by yesterday and it is Saturday so woohoo to that! Thank you for liking the photo of Francesca yesterday. She is a good little girl. Sweet. We have no fun plans yet for the weekend. The forecast is rain rain rain and I am getting tired of the rain and the heat. We managed a good ride yesterday though shorter than what I would have preferred but today is looking quite risky. Tomorrow is definitely out as it is going to rain all day. And we were thinking of staying Monday if the weather would be bike friendly but nope. Going to rain again. Grrrr. :knockout: Hoping Marty has a safe trip and that he gets finished sooner than expected and is back home with you soon. Enjoy today together.

CJ, yes I agree. We would be laughing and enjoying our GTG. No doubt! I agree that to outsiders it can seem like I am an extrovert but really I am so not one. I just work hard when I am with people I don't know to be friendly and sociable so they feel comfortable. Part of my job is also making my patients feel comfortable so I can get the best results for them. But really I am so not in my element when meeting lots of new people at once like at social gatherings etc. The NIRDIs are different however and if we were all meeting at once I wouldn't be faking it. I feel at home with you girls. Yes the kitty is Francesca who we call Frankie or HRH Francesca princess of all who live, have ever lived, will ever live, ruler of the universe, we bow to your knees...at least that is part of her nickname. :lol:

Polished, hope the apple crumble turned out well. Sounds yummy. Glad your DD is enjoying some time during her travels with a long lost cousin. LOL to the fundraiser story about your dh and his friend. Hope the fundraiser raised a lot of money for the cause.

Kristie, Yanno, I am sucha homebody and I LOVE having my own home and don't consider it tethering me so to speak. I feel connected and happy to enjoy my home and make it just how I want it. But I agree perhaps one will be enough and the perfect compromise. Now the question is, which one? ::)

just remember we want a photo of you dressed in the jury duty garb. :devil: :bigsmile:

Gypsy, thinking of you and hoping you are feeling better and that your phone interviews went well this week. (((HUGS))).

Have a good day girls. Leaving you with a photo from our ride yesterday. Enjoy the day and sending hugs to all of you.

sandyhooksummer2016.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, it seems unfair that you are getting hot weather where it should be cool! But happy to hear you are enjoying your trip - it sounds like such a wonderful adventure and I hope you will share some photos when you get back. It's good at least that we were able to get an update from you!

June thank you for YOUR kind words, taking time to reassure me when you are going through so much.
I am remembering the emotions around caring for my Mom and may understand what it feels like for you. You want so desperately to turn things around and don't know what is going to happen and every day is exhausting, watching and waiting. To feel the pressure of the aides, whom I am sure are wanting to see improvement, just adds to the stress.
Do you think she might have interest in juice popsicles [or something similar but with a bit more caloric value]? Where you could sit by her and have one yourself at the same time so it's a social interaction? Maybe something tart would stimulate her appetite? I know you are doing everything, so forgive suggestions, we all wish we could make it better for you.

Missy, I hear you!
I just KNOW that's you.

I may have done a dumb thing yesterday, but I didn't know what else to do. A while back one of my [two] best friends stopped calling me or initiating emails to me and started signing her responses to me "lub" instead of "LOVE" - sort of ridiculous. She says everything is OK [???] but she has gotten bossy and rude in our art meetings as well [we've been meeting for at least 6 years]. So, after 6 months of this I feel uncomfortable around her and since the next art meeting is at her house, yesterday I wrote an open letter to my art group saying I would be away so much that I was leaving the group. I will continue to see other friends outside the group, but feel sad. Just writing this down to get it off my chest helps.

One nice thing about the NIRDIs is that we get to see "behind the curtain" that we all struggle. With all the struggle it's still a beautiful world. I woke up feeling the beginnings of a real depression and am going to take my own advice by putting Issy in the car and going to the walking path at the library to log in a few miles now.

hugs, NIRDIs

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha you are right Jimmianne, it is me. I am sorry about your "friend" and I am sending you (((HUGS))) and LOVE. Spelled the correct way. Love you girlfriend and all the NIRDIs! :kiss:

Off to try getting a (hopefully) dry bike ride in...wish us luck. It is very iffy today. We are persistent though. :lol:

Speaking of persistence here is the most persistent little girl ever. This is Tommy's food I covered as he didn't finish his breakfast and Francesca would eat it all if left to her own devices. She will stay here till the food is uncovered she is that persistent. So I am going to uncover it because I cannot bear to torture her but OMG she really would just wait there for hours and hours. Talk about persistence. That should be her middle name.

francescapersisting.jpg

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG missy I just love her.

I agree with you about our get together and I think we''ll put kristie in charge of playing hostess and getting everyone to dance! :D

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Here's hoping you are cycling as I type this. If you aren't able to ride today I hope you are Greg off having another fun adventure.
Francesca is so precious. My furbaby is the same way when it comes to food. I've always wondered how you manage to get them all fed as it's usually one or two cats would prefer to graze rather then eating everything quickly. Our baby will have get food down in less then 30 secinds. I've been told by her vet that she was more than likely born in a puppy mill. I was hopefully that she would out grow worrying about not getting fed but 5 years in and she still acts like if she doesn't devour her food in a few seconds it will be gone. We are going out to run errand and out to dinner. Nothing too exciting.

June, When my grandmother refused to eat for some reason I could always get her to eat pudding. Have you tried pudding? I hope she begins to improve so you could worry a little less. I hope you are remembering to eat too. I know what a stessful time it is for you and you also need to take good care of yourself. You are doing all the right things for your mom. You are a very good daughter.

Gypsy, I'm sorry things are difficult right now for you. Please know we are all here for you no matter what you are going thru. Your're not alone Gypsy and you are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for. I read the story about your wedding in the other thread. It's was beautiful the way you spoke of John. How has your mom been feeling? I am oddly comforted when you write about your mom as I often have the same moments with my mom. Do you and John have any plans for the weekend. Just getting out of the house for a walk can often help. I think it's great that you are making yourself get out.

Kristie, Just tell the people interviewing you for jury duty you have a BIL who is a cop. It works to get me out of it every time! I couldn't believe how people dressed to traffic court when I had to go a few years ago. I got a notice that I had to attend when someone hit my car. I was truly amazed. For some reason I didn't think it would be hard for people to put on a clean shirt and pants. After seeing that, it doesn't surprise me that there would be a dress code for jurors.

Marcy, Are you looking forward to your vacation? I feel so sorry for whoever has to watch over your group while you are gone. I'm sorry Marty has to out of town again. I had to laugh when you said he was coming home for golf. I used to joke to my husband about that same thing when he traveled a lot.

Jimmianne, I'm sorry you aren't enjoying all the work on the farm. I have no idea how you do it all. I get tired just taking care of flowers for the summer. It's really just the heat and humidity I'm tired of. I have always said I wanted to retire and have more land now I'm begining to think a townhouse may be better. My husband tells me I need to decide before we buy a retirement home in the next few years. He could easily live in a townhouse. He was tired of yard work years ago. Two homes are a lot of work. I can't imagine having them in different countries. One of my girlfriend says they will sell their home and get two condo's. One here and one somewhere warm for the winter. That has been her plan for years. Regarding your girlfriend, maybe you just need some time apart for a few months. Or you could try talking to her about the distance between you again. It sounds like the two of you were very close at one time. I have going thru something similar with an old friend of mine and am also not sure what to do. I think in my case it was more a case of finding out who your true friends are when you are going thru a lot. It's funny how the people you think will be there for you, are often not. I know it's not easy Jimmianne, hugs!

CJ, I love your idea of a NIRDI get together. It's also a great idea to put Kristie in charge of planning!

LLJ'smom, I hope you are having a fun day. I think your latest purchase is going to be beautiful!

Rainwood, I hope you enjoying your trip and your day of not walking as much. Hopefully it will cool down a little.

Polished, The apple crumble sounds delicious. I'm sorry your daughter had some of her money stolen. It's sounds like for the most part she is having a good time. Are you in the US?

Scandi, How are you? Is your dad feeling better? Hopefully he's not being as stubborn. Are you back at home now? How is your sweet furbaby?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gone dig training. .. lol. Thinking of you :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy last Sunday in July 2016. A rainy day here in the Northeast.

Callie, you are right-it's not easy. Francesca likes to graze and eat from everyone's food LOL. And sweet Tommy doesn't put up a fight. When Bobby, Fred or Francesca come over to eat from his dish he walks away. And he is super picky. Lots of times he looks at the food I give him and meows because it is not to his liking and won't eat till I put the crappy hard treats in to entice him. And Fred gobbles everything up in a few seconds and tries to eat everyone else's food. Bobby sometimes eats everything he can and then vomits and sometimes he won't eat until everyone is done. Feeding time at our house can be exhausting depending on their mood LOL. One thing I must always do is stand guard and watch them closely or there will not be a fair distribution of the food. And sometimes I just cannot make them all eat but I do the best I can. I have very finicky (is there any other) cats besides Fred who is not that discriminating generally when it comes to food. Hugs and kisses to your sweet fur baby. No matter her beginnings she has a royal life now and is a lucky little girl. :halo:

Scandi, Sharon, Junie, Gypsy, hoping your fathers/mothers are feeling better, eating and doing well and healing. Thinking of you and sending hugs and good thoughts your way.

We had a good cycling day between the rain showers but today is a total washout so not sure what our plans are yet. It's nice just to be here having the day to spend with my dh. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results