Then you're flying out the bedroom door
I dream a dirty dream

I dream a dirty dream

Daydream
I fell asleep amid the flowers
for a couple of hours, on a beautiful day
Daydream
I dream of you amid the flowers
For a couple of hours, such a beautiful day.

I dream a dirty dream of you baby
You're swinging from the chandelier
I'm climbing up the walls 'cause i want you
But when I reach you, you disappear
I dream a dirty dream

I dream a dirty dream

I'm dreaming
I'm dreaming
I'm dreaming
Dream

Daydream
For a couple of hours, on a beautiful day

Daydream
For a couple of hours, such a beautiful day

Daydream
For a couple of hours, on a beautiful day

Daydream
For a couple of hours, such a beautiful day

And one more.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dT7bpxwamXo

Got up early, found something's missing
My only name.
No one else sees but I got stuck,
And soon forever came.
Stopped pushing on for just a second,
Then nothing's changed.
Who am I this time, where's my name
I guess it crept away.
No one's calling for me at the door.
And unpredictable won't bother anymore.
And silently gets harder to ignore.
Look straight ahead, there's nothing left to see.
What's done is done, this life has got it's hold on me.
Just let it go, what now can never be.
I forgot that I might see,
So many beautiful things.
I forgot that I might need,
To find out what life could bring.
Take this happy ending away, it's all the same.
God won't waste this simplicity on possibility.
Get me up, wake me up, dreams are filling
This trace of blame.

Frozen still I thought I could stop,
Now who's gonna wait.

No one's calling for me at the door.
And unpredictable won't bother anymore.
And silently gets harder to ignore.
Look straight ahead, there's nothing left to see.
What's done is done, this life has got it's hold on me.
Just let it go, what now can never be.

Now what do I do
Can I change my mind
Did I think things through

It was once my life, it was my life at one time

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I know it is so hard to watch what is going on with your mom and not be able to do anything about it. Just being there helps both of you though. I think it is a good thing the aides are communicating with you about your mom. It made me feel like they cared and were paying attention. I remember one time they didn’t bring my mom her supper and my dad got really fired up about it. She was barely eating but would eat a chicken finger sometimes. What happened is they actually checked her out of her room to take her to chemotherapy and so the kitchen got the noticed she checked out of her room and cancelled her supper. I got the feeling the nurses and aides were trying to get me to calm my dad down but as sick and week as she was I wasn’t going to feel bad for them getting chewed out for not seeing to it she got dinner. Oh I don’t need much help on wanting to spend money on jewelry. Marty bought a $265 club on Friday so see I should have gone to the remount show. I laughed out loud too when I got that message from my employee. Then I said “Really?” Glad to hear the Killer Rabbit photo gave you a good laugh. Are you sleeping okay? It’s hard to shut off your thoughts when you have so much weighing on your mind.

Polished, I am glad your DD connected with her cousin. I think that is very cool. I am sorry to hear about your MIL. It is so hard on them and the family. I am glad your husband found comfort in walking with your goldies. Marty doesn’t deal with things very well. How did your apple crumble turn out?

Rainwood, how is Denmark? Sorry it is so hot there for you and I hate to hear you are getting a rash. I just spent money on capris for SC and maybe I won’t wear them; my legs never see sunlight it might trigger a rash on my legs. Good idea on the cross body bag and keeping it in front of you.

Missy, I think the NIRDI’s would get along fabulously in person. We know quite a bit about each other so we wouldn’t need to start with small talk. Love the picture from your ride. I am glad you are getting some cycling in even though it’s raining so much. Love the picture of Francesca doesn’t look amused Tommy’s extra food is covered. You were nice and let her have it. I love how different your cats are when they eat.

Jimmianne, I am sorry to hear about the difficult times you went through with your mom too. Those are raw emotions with will always be with us. I hate to hear that friend got seems to have some issue or problem and has been acting that way towards you. I know you so enjoyed spending time with the art group. I hope you enjoyed your walk with Issy.

CJ, I could bring my dancing Snoopy who plays “I feel better when I’m dancing.”

Scandi, how was dog training?

Calliecake, that is kind of funny your furbaby devours her food so fast. I know you will feed her again. I am looking forward to my vacation. I love seeing the ocean. Actually my team is going to miss me; my boss doesn’t suffer fools lightly. He is grumpy, direct and opinionated. If they try any crap on him they will regret it. I hope they test the waters. Ha! It is always sad to find out your friends aren’t always who you think they are. Yes, our DH will work around their golf.

I had a busy weekend. While Marty was playing golf yesterday I ran errands and started on laundry. I completely spaced out we were going to a pot luck BBQ and I didn’t get cookies or brownies made so we bought a tub-o-brownie bites from the store. Marty made a big batch of spicy guacamole and we headed out. It ended up being about 2 dozen of us included kids and also 2 dogs. One of the dogs was a licker and yes he licked my diamond. Marty thought it was hysterical. We were outside and off course the forest fire smoke really bothers me so I was getting pretty plugged up anyway. Then they lit their fire pit and it didn’t matter where I sat it keep blowing my way so I went in the house. Luckily one can never really be bored with a smart phone. Ha!

We came home about 9:30. I am sneezing and have a sore throat today but my eyes quit burning about noon. Stupid allergies.

Today I continued working on laundry and bought groceries. Marty took off for the airport about 2 this afternoon. He is on his way to Dallas.

I make a small crock pot roast for supper. I have absolutely nothing on hand for lunch so now I can make things out of my leftover beef. Ha! I had raw veggies and mashed potatoes with it. Then a dish of slow churned ice cream.

Yes it’s true I am watching Sharknado 4. It’s a crappy as the other 3 but hey I watched them how could I not watch this one?

I got my August newsletter done and posted. I always go open the link after I post it and naturally had a typo in one of the titles so had to fix that and post it again. At least that is better than when I used to pay for 80 copies of the newsletter only to notice my typo when I picked them up. I love putting the newsletter online; it is so much better than putting labels on them, folding them, taping them, stamping them and then having to go mail them. Of course the drive through at the post office is dangerous to my wheels.

Tomorrow we being another week of new adventures.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Monday August 1st!

Marcy, you had a busy weekend and I hope Marty arrived safely to his destination. I bet you're looking forward to your beach vacation. Let your boss deal with the children for a while and see how it goes. I'm sorry about your allergies and hope you wake today feeling all better. The pot luck BBQ sounded like fun. Smoke bothers my eyes too but I love the smell of a good wood burning fire. I am sad the forest fires are still going on. Yay to getting your August newsletter done. You are so efficient and yes how much easier is it when doing it online vs hard copy. Saves on postage and paper too. Win win. Hope the week brings only good adventures and that you don't miss Marty too much and that he is home again soon with you.

We had fun yesterday. After making a Sunday Costco and quick Sears run we decided to go to a few open houses. OMG we saw some beautiful homes. Custom builds and just beautiful finishes. I love inlay wood floors, double wide staircases and top of the line everything. You can get so much more for your money not on the water. It was a fun way to spend a few hours and has me thinking again. Always a dangerous proposition. :lol:

Today it's back to reality. Another busy week shaping up and tomorrow a dermatologist appointment for both Greg and me. Not looking forward to it and it takes up so much of the day on top of it not being pleasant. Visiting my friend J this week and work is going to be busy again and then we head here for a week of vacation next week. Well, vacation for me as Greg is still technically working so I expect we will be interrupted a lot but still it will be nice to be here for a week. Ann is trapping next week but looks like again she is leaving us out as she is just too overwhelmed. I don't know what to do but she has our 2 traps too so even if I decided let's attempt it all on our own I need our traps back but where would we house the ferals without her help anyway? Sigh. Going to contact her today to see what our options are.

Have a good Monday girls!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I am looking forward to my beach vacation. Not the flight there and back but we start really early in the day both ways so maybe I’ll be sleep walking and won’t notice so much. The heat, wind and very low humidity just make this part of the country prone to fires. The prairie is crunchy when you walk on it. Marty did arrive in hot and humid Texas. His big project that he has been waiting for is being released tomorrow. It figures that always happens when he travels. We enjoy going to look at houses too. Oh oh for it giving you ideas though. It sounds like you do have a busy week. I hope your friend is feeling good this week. Good deal for you being on vacation soon. Darn it that Greg has to work. I hope Ann has some options for you.

Not much going on here today. I kind of had a stomach ache most of the afternoon so I just had a peach and toast for supper. I doubt my leftover roast and potatoes made me sick but I had a frosted apple filled donut and I wonder if the grease didn’t set well with me. I told my friend it was probably psychological because yesterday I noticed Lipton Chicken Noodle soup in the store and I thought I love that when I’m sick; what would I eat if I got sick now?

It was hot here again today but no rain.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lovely NIRDIs,

I'm in a slow place right now. I have a funny/sad story to share. My DH stepped on my son's glasses (which were in the floor, and covered by a sheet) and completely twisted the frame. My son was persistent about trying to fix it and did a really good job. However he wanted it a 100% perfect and was trying to fix one more thing. Bam. One hard slam (as required per the YouTube video) and it completely broke in half. Sweet kid kept a very positive outlook and insisted we buy krazy glue to attempt another DIY repair. We get and it and he tries again. I walk into the room and walk near a little bedside table. Crunch! I stepped on his glasses again. Seriously??? He left it on the floor again? Talking about dense. His sister came and picked up the pieces and smeared the krazy glue in the lenses. This time he was in tears. I felt so badly. Anyway, he gets new glasses in 10 days. But I felt so badly for him. Is it a boy thing??

June, How is your mom doing? Is she taking in a little more? Is the ensure working? I am thinking about you.

Polished, I'm sorry about Tigerlily.

Gypsy, hope you are doing ok.

Sorry to cut off this post. I'm wanted.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry. Had to play speed.

Jimmianne, I hope you are feeling better. I never really thought about all the work you have to do on a farm. But it all needs to be done nonetheless. Would you consider moving there permanently, to France I mean. It's great that you did take the plunge and buy that house.

I apologize that I don't respond to everything or each person individually. I do appreciate all the details you all share. When I start typing I forget everything except things that stand out. I feel like I accomplish a lot if I get through the day with at least 7 hours of sleep, which I am now getting 2-3 days a week. Hugs all. Gotta sleep. My headache is setting in because I had only half a cup of coffee today.

Marcy, missy, Kristie, Callie, miss you guys.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, your vacation will be here before you know it and soon you will be drinking tequila on the beach. Relaxing and hearing the waves so soothing and all this other noise will fade away. Ahhh feel that cool ocean breeze now. Nice. Sorry it is so hot and humid in Texas and that is exactly our weather right now. Sort of yucky and hard to feel comfortable though the heat has broken for the next few days but back here this Friday unfortunately with rain predicted this coming weekend. What can you do? I wish some of our rain would head your way for much needed relief. Sending rain vibes and relief your way. No more fires please. I hope your stomach ache is all gone now.I'm sorry that Marty's big project is being released today with him not being here and that it goes smoothly. Have a good day and enjoy that chicken noodle soup if you want it!

LLJsmom, Oh no, I'm sorry about your son's glasses. That sucks and I cannot believe in this day and age it takes 10 days to replace. I hope he has a spare and is not too inconvenienced. He is a trooper I have to say remaining calm and cool and trying to figure out a solution and being so patient. And yes leaving it on the floor again I see that easily happening to many of us (especially guys lol). Please give him a hug from the NIRDIs and tell him we are so impressed by how cool and collected he was during the glasses incident.
I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Junie, how is your mom doing? Is her appetite improving at all? I might have asked this already but does she like smoothies? You can add protein powder or peanut butter in there for added nutrition and get some nutritious calories in her that way especially during the hot weather and all. (((HUGS))).

Gypsy, how are you doing honey? Any news re your phone interviews? How is your mom feeling? No need to respond if you don't feel like it. Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you.

Scandi, how is your dad doing?

So my funny/annoying story of the day yesterday.
Of course things rarely go smoothly right? We got back to Brooklyn yesterday and darn if that pixellation wasn't even worse than before. So frustrating. I spent an hour on the phone with stupid Cablevision and had to go through the whole rigmarole again before they would set up a (4th!!!!!!) appointment. Three visits and no fix still and the customer service rep made me go through all that stuff again i.e. resetting everything including TIVO, TV etc for naught. This is the fifth time we did all that via phone and now 3 home visits later it's worse than ever. And they still didn't have the cable card info on record which Greg asked them to write down and keep because it is not easy to find that info. Not intuitive at all yet each time they don't have it. They are seriously incompetent and each tech who came here did not instill confidence and here we are. Still dealing with this nonsense. I would switch to FIOS in a minute if I felt sure that the issue would then be fixed but because we don't know why this is happening I am hesitant to have FIOS come and set us up because I don't want to go through the hassle of switching providers and still have the same problem. Why is this so hard? LOL.
Our next (4th!!!) cable vision appointment is set up for this Wednesday. They are supposed to be sending a supervising tech. We will see.

Then I visited J for a few hours and she is very weak and is walking with a cane. I asked her if she would consider using a walker as that would be so much more stable and safer and she agreed. So I am bringing my walker back from the beach house for her though I won't be back here till mid August since we are staying at the beach house for a full week starting this weekend. I wish I didn't have it at the beach house but that's where we store everything since there is so much more room there. I am sure insurance will pay for her to get one but she likes the idea of using mine so I am happy to oblige. I don't get why the nursing assistants didn't suggest it because she is so wobbly and doesn't have strength in her right leg or arm. I think it's a side effect of the meds.

I wrote a whole list of questions for her to give to the visiting nurse who is coming this Thursday. I wish I could be there at that visit to advocate for J but she is coming smack in the middle of my workday but hopefully having the written questions will suffice. It is hard for J to put together thoughts and she is confused. She is off treatment for the next 3 weeks and back on August 22nd I think.

She is not sleeping and I want her to ask the doctor what she can take for restful sleep. She has Ambien (which is not helping and from my own experience I am not a fan) and Klonopin which is not helping either. She needs quality sleep desperately IMO and I so hope the doctor can figure it out for her. We had a good visit but I left feeling very sad. I did get to brush more knots out of Zeke's hair and it was challenging because IDK how but he got quite a few more in there. I needed to pull some of it out with my fingers as the brush just wouldn't go through it. He was so well behaved I couldn't believe it. He didn't enjoy me pulling on his hair but he tolerated me and he did enjoy some of the brushing as he was purring. What a sweet baby.

We have our appointment with David this morning so will be off in a bit. I hope everyone has a good day and sending extra hugs to all of you.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJ's - you're right. the glasses story is sad and at the same time very funny. Don't be too hard on him...I still break my glasses all the time : (
Yes, I am glad I bought the house. I knew I might not get back there for a while, but it's good to know it is there. The first thing I will do when I go back is collect the suitcases I've left at people's houses - there are three - one from each trip- spread out around the area. lol

Marcy, I hope you feel better now. In the perfect NIRDI world we could eat whatever we want and still feel wonderful! I love your Freudian view that you just wanted chicken noodle soup :lol:

Missy, I'm glad you have a walker for your friend and that she will use it. She is fortunate to have you, [as are we!xo].
I've been using guided meditations that I find on Youtube - Michael Sealey is good and very popular - and listen to them with little earbuds on my iphone. He has many for deep sleep and I wonder if that would have a positive impact on your friend's sleep problem. It has helped me. If I wake up at 3am I listen some more and it makes me go right back to sleep.
Fun that you got to see those houses. Dangerous that they give you ideas! haha

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls - have fallen behind so I'll try to be brief so that I can touch base with everyone -

Missy, ugh, so sorry about the continued saga with Cable Vision. I've been in similar situations and it's so frustrating. I can understand being hesitant to switch providers at this point, you could very well just be dealing with the same thing but with a different company. I'm hoping this supervisor can get to the bottom of this issue.

And I'm sorry Ann is so swamped right now she can't get to your ferals. I know it's an ongoing worry for you and it's just so frustrating you don't have more options. And yes, trying to do it yourselves just doesn't seem feasible since you guys aren't there full-time. Big hugs to you missy, I so wish there was good solution to this, please try not to be too stressed, you're doing all you can and you just don't have a lot of control over this right now, which I know is frustrating. Hang in there, and just try to take it a day at a time. Sometimes it's all we can do.

I'm really sorry your friend J is having such a hard time right now. The walker is a great suggestion, she will be so much safer using it. It's great that you are being an advocate for her, and coming up with questions to ask since she seems confused and overwhelmed right now. It's very hard to see a friend feeling so ill and I can understand you feeling sad about it, but it's

Thank you so much for your reassurance and comforting words, they are truly helping me hang in there. It's nice to have a safe place to share my thoughts and emotions. My mother's appetite is still very poor, if she eats anything it's just a few spoonfuls and she's balking a little with the ensure, although she will still drink it. I have to sit with her and just keep offering it to her. Thanks for the smoothie suggestion, it's easier to get her to drink something so I'll give it a try. I spoke with the doctor yesterday and since she lost a little weight this past week he feels he has a medical reason to try an appetite stimulant and will start her on half the normal dose and see how it goes. The stimulant is worth a try but I'm starting to think this loss of appetite is just a part of my mother's condition and I'm trying to be a little more relaxed about it. I'm doing the best I can but there is only so much I can do. It doesn't do me, or anyone else, any good to be so distraught.

Love the pic of Francesca by the food bowl - I can really appreciate her beautiful coat in that pic, she's so pretty.

Marcy, thank you for all your comforting words and good wishes, and for keeping me in your thoughts. You're right, it's good that the aides are concerned and keeping an eye on the situation. Certainly much better than them not caring. I guess it's just the way they approach me that stresses me out sometimes. I can understand why your father became so upset, he was being protective of your mother and just wanted her to receive the best care possible. I know how hard a time that must have been for all of you.

Your post about finishing what you start made me laugh. Lol to watching Sharknado, I watched the last one. It certainly is less work to do your newsletter on line, wow, what a time-saver for you.

Polished, I'm so glad your daughter and her cousin were able to spend some time together, sounds like they had a good visit and got along well. It's nice to see that the past doesn't have the hold it once did. I'm hoping members of your family and your mil's granddaughter can get to know one another. I know this has been emotional for you and your family and I'm hoping as everyone adjusts, the family members who are interested can have a relationship with their new-found relative.

Thank you for sharing your experience with your mil, I'm sorry your family faced a similar situation and your empathy really helps. And thanks for the nice words, the next time I'm in a group and feeling insecure I will remember them and remind myself to be comfortable with who I am. You'd think at 50+ years I'd have learned that by now lol.

How did your apple crumble turn out? Sounds delicious. I hope you had a good time at the dinner.

Rainwood, thank you for checking in, great to hear from you and I'm glad you're having a good trip despite the weather. Sounds like you are seeing and doing a lot, I'm looking forward to hearing more about it. Thanks for the support, and yes, these days pudding for dinner is just fine lol.

Jimmiane, thank you for your input, you seem to understand the exact emotions I'm feeling right now and that is very comforting. You're exactly right about the watching and waiting, it's very stressful. I think you are on to something about offering tart foods - I noticed she ate some strawberries at dinner so I've been bringing them in myself and she's been eating small amounts. And I'm happy to hear any suggestions anyone has!

I'm sorry about the situation with your friend, it's hard when people we've known a long time seem to change and almost become different people. I think you did the right thing, if your friend has been upsetting you with your behavior I just don't see the point in continually subjecting yourself to it. I'm sorry this has affected you and I'm glad you will still be able to see other members outside of the group. (((hugs))), it's always something, isn't it? Good for you for going on that walk with Issy, I know it's hard to get motivated and I hope the walk helped. Thinking of you.

Calliecake, thank you so much for keeping me in your thoughts. My mother did eat a small amount of vanilla pudding at dinner the other night, so I'm going to just start bring some and seeing if she'll eat it. She'll only take a few spoonfuls at a time though, even if it's something she seems to like.

I hope you're having a good summer so far. Anything special plans or vacations coming up for you? You've had a very rough year and have been through a lot, I hope you can get away for a bit and just relax and enjoy yourself a little. You deserve it.

LLJsmom, oh no to your son's eyeglasses troubles! He certainly did everything he could to fix them. I have a hard time keeping track of my glasses too. I hope you're doing ok and having a good summer. Thanks for asking about my mother, she's still sipping the ensures but needs to be reminded and encouraged. Just trying to take it one day at a time at this point.

Guess I'll sign off for now, so much for being brief lol - heading out to the rehab center, sorry if I missed anything but I'm thinking of you all and wishing everyone a good day. <3

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, oh no for your son’s glasses. I always keep old glasses in case something happens to my glasses. I turn in the older pairs though as I get new ones. Hopefully you had a good night’s sleep and feel better today.

Missy, I can hear the waves already and taste the tequila. There is a big smile on my face just thinking about it. Sorry you are going to have another really hot weekend. We are cooling down to the 70’s here this week. I wish I could have some chicken noodle soup but oh well not much I can do about that. Oh no for still having cable issues. I hope the new guy can get it fixed for you. I am sorry your friend is so weak; I agree a walker would probably be better for her to use. It is nice of you to loan her yours. I hope your appointment went well today.

Jimmianne, it’s nice for you to know you have your hose waiting in France for you and just think you’ll have clothes there already. I am glad you “slipped” in the line about my Freudian response. It would be great if we could eat anything and everything we want. That is nice you found some meditations you like to listen to while falling asleep. Good idea!

Junebug, I am sorry to hear your mom’s appetite is still very poor. I hope the appetizer stimulant helps. I know you can’t help but worry and have those feelings helplessness. It is so hard. That is good to hear your mom will eat some strawberries and vanilla pudding. I was going to suggest pudding or shakes. I am glad you enjoyed the joke I found about finishing things. Sharknado is so stupid and silly I had to watch it. I hope you are getting some sleep.

I had another busy day at work. I am starting to try and figure out who needs to do what when I am on vacation. I might just turn my phone off when I’m gone. Ha!

I met a friend for lunch today and made some noodles, gravy, leftover roast beef for supper and had a plate of raw veggies with it. I am really full but only ate one serving of pasta. The other half will be for lunch tomorrow. I sliced up the rest of the roast for sandwiches and froze the slices in little baggies. I think I’ll make a homemade pizza tomorrow night. Woo hoo for leftovers for lunch.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Quick update. Both our laptops are broken. So I really am not spending a lot of time on PS. I am a bit better emotionally. Still biting my nails to the quick, hsving panic attacks and stuff but a little better. Had an interview today. Fingers crossed. DH has been home sick. He went to DR today and they gave him some injections which should help. Cats are ok. Mom Is okay, though step dad was VERY fed up with her last weekend as he has been catering to her full time despite breaks provided by me and others. She won't eat any of the food at the rehab. He has to take her three meals a day, and she has cravings for all kinds of complicated home made stuff that he's been making her. I didn't have it in me to interfere. I am maxed out myself right now and telling my mom what an entitled, unappreciative, unprecedented pain in the ass she is was not going to go anywhere good. But I heard my step dad (later when he was at the house I swung by in moms orders to do stuff for her, so not in f ont of her) use language he has NEVER EVER used in front of me. I felt so bad for him. And helpless.

Unemployment is still MIA. Insurance is still not active. No injection. So no real update. Thank you guys for you good thoughts and encouragment. Much love to all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, thank you so much for your Michael Sealey meditation recommendation and I am going to pass that along to J. It is exciting that your beautiful romantic maison in France will be waiting for you whenever you are ready. I like your plan. Yes it is dangerous for me to get more ideas about houses and renovations LOL. Just when I thought I was satisfied oh no. :shock: :devil: :halo:

Junie, I was chatting with a good friend yesterday who made what I think is a helpful recommendation for stimulating your mom's appetite so I wanted to pass it along for your and your mom's doctors consideration. Medical marijuana. We both know people for which this has helped stimulate the appetite and I am thinking it is worth trying as long as her doctor's don't think it would hurt.

And I know we have all said this but it is worth repeating. You are doing everything within your power to help your mom and advocating for her and are there for her and no one could do anything more than you Junie. I am so sorry your mom is going through this and that you are going through this. It is an awful situation and you are doing the best you can. I know your heart is heavy with worry and we are all here for you. On your side and keeping you and your mom in our thoughts and prayers. Sending much love and (((hugs))) your way.

Marcy, I love leftovers from dinner for lunch. I am glad you got to meet your friend for lunch yesterday and that is always a nice way to break up the workday. I don't get a lunch per se at work as I eat whenever I get a chance but I remember how nice that is. When I was first dating Greg I had a job where I had a lunch hour and Greg and I used to meet and walk around the city. It was very romantic and a lovely way to spend the hour. And sometimes we would actually eat lunch too. :bigsmile:
I have no clue what Sharknado is. Will look it up later.

Gypsy, I am glad you are feeling a bit stronger emotionally. I hope your dh is feeling better after his treatment and I am sorry you still cannot get your injections. Ugh to your mom driving your stepdad crazy and better for him to get that out not in front of her I agree.
I hope your unemployment shows up soon and that your health insurance becomes active. And I hope the perfect job is offered to you and things keep improving for you. And I hope your laptops are fixed soon. Sending you much love and many hugs and lots of good thoughts.

Greg was given a clean bill of health thank goodness :appl: at yesterday's body check. And my visit went OK though I did have some painful cryo done to my body where I had lots of Seb Keratoses. I sent a photo of my bruised body to a fellow NIRDI but won't post it here as it is not fit for publication. :knockout: So many fun things happen as we age. :shock: :lol:

I spent the rest of the day with J yesterday as she was in the mood for company and I was happy to oblige. It was a good visit. I woke at 3:45AM this morning and couldn't fall back asleep thinking of her. Such a terrible disease and she is not old and still has so much life to live. I keep hoping there will be a miracle. Without hope what do we have. ::)

I spoke with Ann and she said we could try trapping a cat this weekend so fingers crossed that works out. We still have to wait for her to bring the trap back because even though she is releasing our 2 today she is taking the traps back with her to disinfect so I hope she will bring them back this weekend as soon as she can and not wait because I want to start trying before she changes her mind! It is more challenging now that there are 4 we have already spayed that are out and about who have no qualms about being retrapped. But I guess when they are hungry that instinct takes over. I hate that we will be taking the food away when we start trying to trap but it's the only way. I am grateful Ann (so far) is on board with us trying at least for one cat this round. Hoping we are successful.

OK I am off soon for work. Another appointment today with Cablevision and Greg will be here for that. Fingers crossed that is a successful visit this time. Visit #4 and we are both getting weary.

I ordered a new iPhone case from Pad and Quill and hoping it is as nice as it looks online. I like my UAG case but it is already falling apart. It is hard to find quality anymore but this case seems to be a good bet. I got whiskey color outside and blue on the inside and it is a folio case so it will hold my driver's license and credit cards and money so like my UAG case I don't need a wallet. The 6s Plus iPhone is big enough. The only drawback to this case as it is not as protective as my UAG and that it doesn't have a special closure. It just flaps shut and I have a feeling that might not be secure enough but we will see. Hopefully I can talk on my phone without removing it from the case as the iPhone attaches with a sticky pad on the phone case and it is better not to keep removing and putting back or else it might lose its secure sticky power.

Have a great day girls! :wavey:

best_iphone_6s_plus_case_1.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that case, Missy, good choice! That way you cannot misplace your phone or your $$$. :appl:

Gypsy, keep going! "When you're going through hell, KEEP GOING." (Paraphrased from Winston Churchill, who had depressive episodes and some terrible bumps in life after the war and knew whereof he spoke.)

Junie, you may/may not find this amusing, but I was picturing your mom getting her appetite back the medicinal marijuana way and I thought of your Son The Musician so of course I thought: Hook a grandma up!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just because she's in her 90s does not mean she wouldn't enjoy some Captain Crunch on her ice cream :appl: :love: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy, great news about Greg!!

So I didn't get th job yesterday. At least they were quick. But I really liked them so I took it pretty hard. I did get a little bundle of possibly permanent joy today. A local recue had a very challenging little miss. She's TROUBLE with a capital T. And needs a very experienced foster/parent to handle her and strong assertive siblings to stand up to her. So we brought her home to evaluate and see if we can be that for her. I do hope we can integrate her, she's very active, smart, and has a strong personality for such a tiny little thing. But we have to do what is best for her so it's a trial basis right now.

So that's a little bright light.

She's nameless at the moment. 4 months old and tiny. Picture,to follow.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, hurry with those pics!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here you go!

_5096.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
..having trouble posting pics from ipad.

_5097.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

_5098.jpeg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwww, so sweet and so so pretty. :love: :love: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Gypsy, I am glad you are doing better emotionally but I know you have many challenges still going on now. Oh no for having 2 broken computers. I hope your DH is feeling better after getting some injections. Sorry to hear you Mom is still being so demanding with your step dad. That probably makes a difficult situation even worse. Hugs to you. I hope things get better for you soon. Your new kitty is very cute.

Missy, that was nice you used to meet Greg for lunch. I get an hour for lunch but usually eat at my desk. When Marty worked where I do a few of us played cards during lunch. That was fun. You aren’t missing anything with Sharknado. It’s an original set of movies on SyFi network about tornadoes that have sharks in them. Very cheesy! I am glad Greg got an A yesterday and sorry you had some painful work done. I am keeping an eye on a mole on my check. It’s about 1/3 of an inch and got caught on a shirt and let’s say it’s not happy. I am glad you spent so much time with your friend yesterday. Cancer is a horrible disease. I hope the Cable visit went well. Your new phone case looks great.

Hi Kristie.

I had a crazy busy day at work but I did leave on time because a friend of mine needed a ride to pick up her car. She took me out for supper at Culvers on the way home. No dishes and a cup of frozen custard - score!

We had a heavy rainstorm roll through here tonight. It was fun watching the lightning though.

Is it Friday yet?

Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy :wavey: Glad you're feeling better. I wish I tagged along to Culvers, I like their burgers :lickout: We finally tried the one in Chandler knowing nothing about it, and I loved it. :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Marcy. Any lightening pictures.

What is Calivers? I hate these keyboards.

Glad you are feeling better.

We're having the Persian stew I made for my mom for Dinner and contemplating cat names.

Reading a good romance novel. Have a phone I interview tomorrow.

Taking it day by day. Take much care everyone.
AZ how are you?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey gypsy, I had a hard day today. Down in the dumps. No good reason. I did get my rear to the rec center for a workout, though.

You're clearly a skilled chef. I'm coming to your house :D

I had a private student ( sax) whose mom was Persian and she would cook dinner for me. The best food ever. She was a very warm person, very kind. Her home was beautiful, the rugs, the colors and artwork. Married to an American man.

I know you're going through stuff too. We will persevere together, right??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am sorry you had a hard day, it's weird because it's natural to want a reason for.feeeling low, and hard sometimes to just accept it for what it is. You are absolutely right, One foot in front of The other. If it helps, you are not alone. ((Hugs)) Sorry for the poor typing.

I just read through the little kittens paperwork and was furious to see that there is a notation that says she dislikes other cats. They neglected to mention this to me knowing I have FIVE freaking cats and was specifically.looking for a playmate for Penny! So I am half in love with her and now I am irritated that the rescue is incompetent when it comes to basic screening for placement. I do not want to traumatize her but when I tried a basic mini intro she turned I to a growly hissy little ball of raised fur and now Penny ( who is sensitive) is afraid and upset.

I would appreciate it if the universe would please stop shitting on me. John is going to call them tomorrow as he has tact and I am fresh out.

I do hope tomorrow is better for you. I think its great that you worked out. I hope the endorphins helped your mood a bit.

I am a very good cook and so is John and we would HAPPILY have you over anytime. Sincerely.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Gypsy, OMG your new precious kitten is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing her photos. Though her caretakers wrote she dislikes other cats hopefully she is still a chance she is young enough IMO to get over that and grow to love your furry crew so I am hoping that is the case. That does suck they were so neglectful to not inform you of that before you took her but I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed it works out for you and for your family and that she becomes a great permanent addition to your family. I'm sorry the job interview didn't turn into a job and you deserve a break and some good news coming your way very very soon. Your job to be is still out there waiting for you and I hope it becomes your dream job. And I hope it happens very soon. Good luck on today's phone interview. And I am sending buckets of good universe vibes your way! (((HUGS))).

Marcy, I hope the rain you got helped ease any drought concerns and helped with any fires that might still be burning. Lightning is pretty but I am always nervous about the damage it can cause. Wish I could let that go and just enjoy it the way Greg does. Ouch to your mole. Thanks for the Sharknado explanation. Yes I think I'll miss it. :bigsmile:
Only one more day and it will be Friday Marcy. And that means you are that much closer to your beach getaway! Woohoo! :appl:

Kristie, I am sorry you were down in the dumps yesterday and I hope today is a good day for you. Good for you for getting to that impressive rec center near you and getting in a good workout. Nothing like those endorphins pumping to make yourself feel a bit brighter.
Not to wax poetic but yeah this age is not an easy one and sometimes each day feels a bit like a struggle. But we are lucky to be able to get older and enjoy our time with our loved ones and I don't like the alternative so I'll take it but I hear you on sometimes it is more challenging that we would like. And sometimes you cannot think of exactly why that is. Though these days I could list why for me haha.
Anyway sending you cheer and hugs.

Junie, how did yesterday go and how is your mom's appetite?

Some good news. I spoke with Ann yesterday and we will definitely be trying to trap a cat or two this weekend and coming week. She called me crying yesterday and it just shook me up because generally she's a tough bird. She was devastated she had to release Sprite yesterday back on our property because she was hoping she could rehabilitate her and socialize her but after all those months it was not meant to be. Sprite was just too old for rehab despite being still a kitten herself. She is still under a year old. When I first saw her last October that would have been the time for me to trap and try socialize her but I wasn't in the TNR frame of mind last October and at that time was looking for someone (like Ann) to help me. Now it was too late. I feel terrible about the whole situation. I just hope and pray Sprite will be OK outside fending for herself with the help of the food we provide.

So to date we have TNRd Sammy, Sprite, Pepsi, Squirt, Fresca and Cola. We have at least 4-6 cats left to TNR and hoping we don't have any additional ferals we don't know about. Wish us luck for this coming weekend!

Have a good day everyone! :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that is a LOT of TNR, I hope you feel some satisfaction for this!

Argh to down in the dumps (DITD).

Gypsy, this place/people you liked, could you drop them a thank you if you haven't already? A note in around 6 months saying how impressed you were and if ever they would like to discuss a future placement there...? I've gotten good jobs when the first candidate did not work out! :appl: :cheeky:

I hope kitty works out. It is frustrating how CRAPPE people do their jobs or carry out their responsibilities. Its mind numbing any more how lame things are. Please give kitty a gentle hug from Kristie and a kiss on her adorable nose (assuming that would go over, I do this with the Westies hahaha).

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, vacayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :dance: :dance: :dance:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, I am glad you enjoyed Culvers. Their pot roast sandwich is great; I eat some for supper and save enough for lunch the next day. And of course their frozen custard is quite tasty. I am sorry you are down in the dumps and having a hard day. Did getting a workout make you feel better? I sure hope so. I hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you. Hugs to you! I can’t wait to see the ocean.

Gypsy, I did not get any lightning shots. It was more sheet lightning than bolts but I watched it for awhile. Culvers is a fast food that has assorted food (fish, soup, salads, burgers, fried chicken, etc.) and delicious frozen custard. How was your stew? Oh no that is so crappy they didn’t tell you that kitty didn’t like other cats. What were they thinking (or obviously they weren’t). Good luck and mega PS dust coming your way for your interview tomorrow!

Missy, it actually cooled off to the 60’s here today and tomorrow’s high is 64 with rain. It is warming up again this weekend though. Sharknado is one of those silly cult things nothing spectacular to watch. It’s like watching Wizard of Oz while listening to the Dark Side of the Moon. One of the largest waste of 2 hours I’ve ever done. Maybe I didn’t drink enough. My beach vacation is looming nearer and nearer. I hope Ann is able to catch some more of the soda gang this weekend. That is amazing how many were TNRd - you all did GOOD!

I am definitely chilly tonight. I might have to crank on the furnace. What a drop from the 90’s to the 60’s. What will come first? Snow or my Porsche. Sadly I know it’s snow.

I was busy at work today again. I worked on assigning things people will need to take care of for me while I am drinking on the beach. Er I mean on vacation.

We are having a pot luck at work tomorrow but I couldn’t think of anything to take so I picked up some cookies from our local cookie store. I stuck them in the freezer so they’ll be good and fresh tomorrow. Naturally I tested 2 cookies to make sure they are good.

My cleaning lady is coming tomorrow so I’ll have to wait for her to get here. She asked me if Marty was here or if I was waiting for her - I found that odd. So after I tell her I will be waiting for her she wants to know if she can bring her baby. He’s about 6 weeks old and she said he’d sleep except for feeding him. I am not thrilled about that. I asked if it was just this once and she said yes. I’ll see if she finds a sitter or shows up with him.

I am watching Happy Gilmore. It’s worth watching just for the fight with Bob Barker.

Tomorrow is Friday. Yippee!
Have a great evening and tomorrow.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Friday!

Marcy, yay it is Friday! Our cleaning lady in NY sometimes brings her now teenage daughter with her and I know some of her other employers don't let her and while I am not crazy about it I allow it. Of course now that her daughter is older she helps clean but before when she was younger I was less than thrilled plus her younger brother used to come occasionally too. But I figured if it helped her out then it was OK. Hopefully your cleaning woman's 6 week old baby will just sleep the whole time but I don't know how the baby could sleep through vacuuming. Anyway you will be coming home to a clean home. :appl: Enjoy your pot lunch at work today. I never saw Happy Gilmore but am a huge fan of Gilmore Girls. Does that count? :cheeky:

Hey Kristie, hope you had a good day yesterday and are feeling better.

We are off to the beach house soon. Have a good day girls. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm keeping myself busier today than the past 2 days so I hope to not notice my mood : :roll: :boohoo:

I needed mascara yesterday so went to Nordie's. I tried on lots of watches, Shinola ($800), Michele [$3,500] (eff you, Michele, for a price for the band and price for the case/watch), and Michael Kors (cheap at $250).
Results:
1. All of them fit me and most would need a link or 3 removed. Do I not understand how to measure size in a watchband? Why do the Cartier bands seem like they'd be too small yet every watch I tried on was big?I'm missing something!!!
2. Pink gold looks best on my skin.
3. Yellow gold next best.
4. Stainless steel looks bad on me.

I then headed over to sunglasses. Bought 2 pair. Got them home, don't like them. Went online and ordered 3 pair, hopefully one will be great.

All of us, have a Fun Friday if at all possible!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results